PDA

View Full Version : C&B&I And What Might Have Been

cdm
05-19-2020, 12:20 PM

Can't help but notice a digital screenish look to the two pieces of merch...I wonder if that was a nod to planned production or if it's just a shirt design.

gorast
05-19-2020, 12:20 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49912739918_a236a9b35f_o.png
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49912739883_bce59de82d_o.png

Got this email just now. Confirmed that there would have been another tour this year (where's the southeast dates, Trent??) that got blown up by the pandemic. Drops some merch in the store that they'd already prepared, and plugs that really cool concert film posted on YouTube a couple weeks ago.

Not gonna lie, I would've been extremely salty to see this tour announced and have not one single date within 1000 miles of me. The merch is cool, though.

shagg_187
05-19-2020, 12:22 PM
https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1262793539798200322
5 Days in Toronto!! I'm so mad this is not happening... :(

icklekitty
05-19-2020, 12:26 PM
I'm going to tell everyone I went to America to see this tour and didn't get shot by a policeman while running for the barrier.

Come_Reptile
05-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Goddammit. Grateful he shared the plans with it, but knowing it won't happen is such a bummer.

paul_is_dead
05-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Fuck COVID.

FernandoDante
I'm pleasantly surprised to see him share this info, and a cool fan edit.

Erneuert
Well that’s sucky and awesome at the same time.

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 12:33 PM
It pains me to know this was set to happen! Then again, there are no Chicago dates listed :( But hopefully this just means they'll be back next year with another kick ass show (and hopefully more dates!)

ninlive
05-19-2020, 12:35 PM
It's safe to say this tour will probably be rescheduled for next year, I would assume. Or dates around these areas. Nice to see them doing 2nd market cities.

implanted_microchip
05-19-2020, 12:36 PM
At least we know for sure they weren’t kidding about this year and are serious about 2021, and that they were going to keep up with the Cold and Black show format!

paul_guyet
05-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Those fucking item descriptions...

COMMEMORATE THE MEMORIES YOU’LL NEVER FORGET. EVERY SONG WE’VE EVER WRITTEN PLAYED EVERY NIGHT. TAPEWORM DEBUT / REUNION. COMPLIMENTARY MANGO LA CROIX FOR EVERYONE. TED CRUZ PUKING OUT BY THE BUS.

WorzelG
05-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Even though I’m not Canadian it’s nice to know Canada was included. I felt sorry they were left out of the last tour

tony.parente
05-19-2020, 12:42 PM
It pains me to know this was set to happen! Then again, there are no Chicago dates listed >:( But hopefully this just means they'll be back next year with another kick ass show (and hopefully more dates!)
Yeah it’s a shame Chicago got skipped, they always get skipped on these tours. Them and New York/Los Angeles.

theimage13
05-19-2020, 12:46 PM
The most painful part of this (for me) is that I was set to have a really good 2020 (lengthy, well paying world tour), and I very easily could have gone up to Toronto for that entire run as my "end of tour present to myself". This, in comparison to the occasional single show I get to see (I've never been able to go to multiple shows in a single-city run before).

Balls. That's all I can say about this one.

paul_is_dead
05-19-2020, 12:50 PM
So Primavera LA was a go.

Archive_Reports
05-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Mother. Fucker.

magnolia
05-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Can’t decide how upset I am about this.
But happy he unexpectedly shared the info. And really proud to see them donating their proceeds to local food banks. *adds to cart*

Come on 2021! Come on vaccine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

versusreality
05-19-2020, 12:55 PM
guys, we're getting a NIN tour next year. maybe not until summer or fall if things are better then via a vaccine. but we are getting a NIN tour next year AND new music most likely. fuck yes!!

implanted_microchip
05-19-2020, 12:55 PM
I think it’s great to see they weren’t kidding about touring this year, that they’re going to keep with the Cold & Black tour’s format and that they’re using it for a kickass cause. I’m wondering if there’s a chance some of those skipped bigger areas would have been festival shows, Riot in Chicago would have been right before the rest of them.

thefragile_jake
05-19-2020, 12:57 PM
As much as a bummer as it is, I'm also kind of glad this is getting pushed back to 2021. Those closest dates would've been Kansas City and that's the week before my wedding AND after a reschedule All Elite Wrestling show on that Wednesday. My wallet and anxiety couldn't have probably handled everything being so close together like.

Hopefully this will give them time to reschedule those dates AND add more like St. Louis. Heck, Tennessee got both Memphis and Nashville so I wouldn't mind STL getting some love from the NIN camp. With travel being such a bust for 2020 anyway, maybe with 2021—I'll have more availability to check out other states too besides the Midwest.

Let's all be excited for a new Nine Inch Nails album first and then the tour to follow in 2021!

october_midnight
05-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Even though I’m not Canadian it’s nice to know Canada was included. I felt sorry they were left out of the last tour

Three nights here in Vancouver. AT THE FUCKING QET? POSSIBLY THE NICEST VENUE IN THE CITY?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Queen_Elizabeth_Theatre_Vancouver_View_from_Stage. jpg

HAHAHAHAHA NO THIS IS FINE.

Shadaloo
05-19-2020, 01:00 PM
I

My Canadian heart

I can't

paul_is_dead
05-19-2020, 01:01 PM
GA please though, I cba with seats.

spahn
05-19-2020, 01:05 PM
It's safe to say this tour will probably be rescheduled for next year, I would assume. Or dates around these areas. Nice to see them doing 2nd market cities.

Still no love for Florida since 2014. SIGH!

aleywwu
05-19-2020, 01:06 PM
Seven theatre shows in a row in my hometown or within easy driving distance.... That would have been incredible. I hope they can carry this concept (and these venues) through to next year.

allegate
05-19-2020, 01:08 PM
Those fucking item descriptions...

COMMEMORATE THE MEMORIES YOU’LL NEVER FORGET. EVERY SONG WE’VE EVER WRITTEN PLAYED EVERY NIGHT. TAPEWORM DEBUT / REUNION. COMPLIMENTARY MANGO LA CROIX FOR EVERYONE. TED CRUZ PUKING OUT BY THE BUS.
I honestly don't know which I enjoy more.

Santos L Halper
05-19-2020, 01:10 PM
As much as a bummer as it is, I'm also kind of glad this is getting pushed back to 2021. Those closest dates would've been Kansas City and that's the week before my wedding AND after a reschedule All Elite Wrestling show on that Wednesday. My wallet and anxiety couldn't have probably handled everything being so close together like.

Hopefully this will give them time to reschedule those dates AND add more like St. Louis. Heck, Tennessee got both Memphis and Nashville so I wouldn't mind STL getting some love from the NIN camp. With travel being such a bust for 2020 anyway, maybe with 2021—I'll have more availability to check out other states too besides the Midwest.

Let's all be excited for a new Nine Inch Nails album first and then the tour to follow in 2021!

I'd love for STL to get some love from NIN....maybe at the FOX Theatre?

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 01:15 PM
I'm wondering if they had different legs planned and perhaps this was just first leg and Chicago etc. would be on one of the following legs...at least that's what I hope.

paul_is_dead
05-19-2020, 01:16 PM

Start saving!!

thefragile_jake
05-19-2020, 01:18 PM
I'd love for STL to get some love from NIN....maybe at the FOX Theatre?

That's what I was thinking! It's been years since St. Louis got a NIN show (2013 Tension) and even longer since they played at the Fox Theater (1994/1995 maybe?).

They could always play at Stifel Theater (http://www.stifeltheatre.com/) or maybe even the new St. Louis Music Park (https://www.centenecommunityicecenter.com/saint-louis-music-park)they've been working on?

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 01:21 PM
These descriptions are fucking amazing. Though I'm super bummed about the tour, I'm very excited that he posted those updates. I just love how genuine and honest he comes across in those messages. Plus, super excited at the thought of a tour next year and new music! Back in 2018 when I stood around for tickets, I said I wouldn't do it again. Now, bring it on! I wanna see NIN again so bad.

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 01:30 PM
No Chicago :( But I'm wondering if there were going to be different legs of the tour and other cities would be added later on. At least that's what I'm hoping for next year.

ninlive
05-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Can anyone give me more info on the video? I have watched it before and enjoyed it the first time through. Is it someone on here that did that edit?

halo eighteen
05-19-2020, 01:51 PM
I'm wondering if they had different legs planned and perhaps this was just first leg and Chicago etc. would be on one of the following legs...at least that's what I hope.

Yes, they did have separate legs planned, and Fall 2018 was the first one which is when they played Chicago.

ninlive
05-19-2020, 01:59 PM
I really assume these were all the dates. They wanted to hit different cities than the ones they hit in 2018. Makes sense.

At least I have something to look forward to for next year*

* - Tentatively

Zimbo
05-19-2020, 02:01 PM
Yeah it’s a shame Chicago got skipped, they always get skipped on these tours. Them and New York/Los Angeles.

LOL

You know who always gets skipped? Fucking Wisconsin. I mean, ever since that fucking lawsuit by that jabroni in (I want to say Green Bay?) they haven't been. 10+ years! Hasn't stopped me from seeing them in six other states but all those miles...

hellospaceboy
05-19-2020, 02:07 PM

I don't know, the Indianapolis show is so close, I'd think if there were a second leg it would expand to southern states more, I was surprised that there's no Atlanta date, or anything in Florida...

I know I would've been okay driving to see them in Indiana, and probably to some of the Toronto dates too. It would have been amazing! :(

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 02:10 PM
Yes, they did have separate legs planned, and Fall 2018 was the first one which is when they played Chicago.
Ah! I didn't realize that's how they broke them up. Still, hope they come back to Chicago soon.

paul_is_dead
05-19-2020, 02:12 PM
I hope there's some European shows...

nmitchell86
05-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Changing subject... what night is that video from? It's not 26OCT Chicago. What other dates did they play AATCHB?

**Edit** I was looking at set list on NIN Live... I can't match anything up.

MrLobster
05-19-2020, 02:14 PM
....and we're sure this isn't a Watchmen lost tour tie-in? :)

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 02:15 PM
I don't know, the Indianapolis show is so close, I'd think if there were a second leg it would expand to southern states more, I was surprised that there's no Atlanta date, or anything in Florida...

I know I would've been okay driving to see them in Indiana, and probably to some of the Toronto dates too. It would have been amazing! :(

If they have new music by the time the tour gets rebooked I wonder if they would add more dates. We can hope!

theimage13
05-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Changing subject... what night is that video from? It's not 26OCT Chicago. What other dates did they play AATCHB?

Linking to this particular site because I use it for bands other than just NIN: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=And+All+That+Could+Have+Been

Any time you're curious about a song's live stats, this is a good place to check if it's a popular band with a community that provides updates.

Prettybrokenspiral
05-19-2020, 02:26 PM

I told you all that Tapeworm was alive and well. I TOLD YOU ALL GODDAMMIT FUCK YOU DON'T EVER DOUBT ME GOD..

ninlive
05-19-2020, 02:35 PM

**Edit** I was looking at set list on NIN Live... I can't match anything up.

I assume all of the audio from the video is from the NOLA run of shows done by ToolDVN. If you haven't downloaded them, they are a must for anyone.

nmitchell86
05-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Linking to this particular site because I use it for bands other than just NIN: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=And+All+That+Could+Have+Been

Any time you're curious about a song's live stats, this is a good place to check if it's a popular band with a community that provides updates.

Thank you. These where the same set lists I was finding on NIN Live. None match up. I'm going to watch the video tonight, but I'm suspecting this is an edit of a few different shows. (Which is fine by me.)

nmitchell86
05-19-2020, 02:43 PM
I assume all of the audio from the video is from the NOLA run of shows done by ToolDVN. If you haven't downloaded them, they are a must for anyone.

I'll check that out, thanks!

m0reta
05-19-2020, 02:43 PM
I would totally have flown to Tronno for a presale then done those dates with Philly! Alas I'll have to hope still for some southeast dates when touring is safe to resume and possible.

This reminder also dredged up a deep sadness. Going to Atlanta for the presale then ended up being the last road trip with my mom outside Florida and she passed less than a year later.

fillow
05-19-2020, 02:56 PM
This tote bag description... I guarantee you 100% TR reads ETS all the fucking time and laughs his ass off.
I'm surprised it didn't mention guest appearances from Marilyn Manson (playing a hit single from his new masterpiece album), Charlie Clouser on theremin solo and Richard "Did you know I was in Nine Inch Nails?" Patrick

katara
05-19-2020, 03:02 PM
This tote bag description... I guarantee you 100% TR reads ETS all the fucking time and laughs his ass off.
I'm surprised it didn't mention guest appearances from Marilyn Manson (playing a hit single from his new masterpiece album), Charlie Clouser on theremin solo and Richard "Did you know I was in Nine Inch Nails?" Patrick
They'd need to hire Clouser to do that high part in Where Is Everybody?. Richard Patrick is unnecessary.

Sandy Phimester
05-19-2020, 03:12 PM
When I saw this at first I was like uh... DAMN IT

I coulda easily made it to Vancouver for a show. At least this means 2021 is somewhat likely for a tour and new NIN music... :)

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 03:14 PM
The descriptions alone seriously make me want to get at least one piece of merch.

thefragile_jake
05-19-2020, 03:32 PM

I'd love for them to do a summer tour, but it's possible this will be scheduled again for the fall—right?

buzburbank
05-19-2020, 03:37 PM
No Chicago :( But I'm wondering if there were going to be different legs of the tour and other cities would be added later on. At least that's what I'm hoping for next year.

Three dates last time around, and you're disappointed? That might not be a super-popular take around here. (PS - Won't lie...I was at all three shows, but MPLS looks a lot better to me from a travel standpoint.)

EDIT: (Before the threads were merged) I read this thread first. Probably wouldn't have called you out if I had seen the other thread, where others did just that. :)

FULLMETAL
05-19-2020, 03:40 PM
I could have totally done the 3 Philly shows for my birthday & still not taken any time off from my job. In fact, I would've been able to fly out for the first two shows in San Diego as well.

Oh well, here's to what might have been!

ManBurning
05-19-2020, 03:48 PM
Urgh, this is super upsetting news to wake up to.
Nobody ever comes to Vancouver for 1 night, let alone 3! 3 Night in Vancouver is unheard of!

I kind of wish he never released this info. It's such a cocktease. Like waiving a carrot in front of your face and taking it away...
I hate this virus more than anything right now.

I hope he still uses these selected cities if/when a new tour is being curated. I really don't want to miss out 3 nights in my own city! That's insane.
Super gutted. Donno how I'll ever be able to move on from this. I wish he didn't release this info...

I bought the t-shirt and the wall flag either way. Buying merch to a tour that never happened, lol. Now I have issues. Least the proceeds are being donated to a local food bank.

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 03:52 PM
Three dates last time around, and you're disappointed? That might not be a super-popular take around here. (PS - Won't lie...I was at all three shows, but MPLS looks a lot better to me from a travel standpoint.)

EDIT: I read this thread first. Probably wouldn't have called you out if I had seen the other thread, where others did just that. :)

I couldn't afford to go to all three shows, so yeah a bit disappointed, but I understand now that this was supposed to be the second leg of the tour that's mainly covering cities they didn't get to the first time around. So calling out is unnecessary :) Hopefully, I can just travel to shows next year depending on where I am financially.

Fred
05-19-2020, 03:54 PM
Richard Patrick is unnecessary.

Hey, that’s partly what makes him Richard Patrick [emoji6]

richardp
05-19-2020, 04:27 PM
Wow TWO Kansas City dates back to back at a small ass venue blocks from my house.

2020 still throwin heaters apparently.

m0reta
05-19-2020, 04:30 PM

LOL! It will happen but I can't tell if we'll get 5 nights in Miami at the Fillmore or it's single dates across the state (JAX,ORL,TMPA? JAX, TMPA,MIAMI? JAX,TMPA,MIAMI,FUKINPENSDOLA????)

Magnetic
05-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Damn. Three nights in Philly would have been so easy for me too. Oh well.

spahn
05-19-2020, 05:03 PM
LOL! It will happen but I can't tell if we'll get 5 nights in Miami at the Fillmore or it's single dates across the state (JAX,ORL,TMPA? JAX, TMPA,MIAMI? JAX,TMPA,MIAMI,FUKINPENSDOLA????)

Shoot! 5 nights at the Fillmore, Hard Rock in Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa would be AMAZING!!! Trent, are you reading this! We want 5 NIGHTS!!!! :)

shagg_187
05-19-2020, 06:04 PM
Something tells me those 5 dates in Toronto were going to be taped, and the concert video released. You don't do 5 back to back shows without a camera crew. :rolleyes:

kaydraven
05-19-2020, 06:11 PM
Something tells me those 5 dates in Toronto were going to be taped, and the concert video released. You don't do 5 back to back shows without a camera crew. :rolleyes:

That would be amazing if that were the case! It's about time for another NIN concert film.

richardp
05-19-2020, 06:39 PM
Sorry if it's been said already but where is the audio sourced from for this show? This sounds like a legit soundboard provided by the band? IEM?

tricil
05-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Sorry if it's been said already but where is the audio sourced from for this show? This sounds like a legit soundboard provided by the band? IEM?

IEM. NIN Live. New Orleans shows. All three top quality. No click track.

theimage13
05-19-2020, 07:35 PM

https://ninlive.com/shows/2013/20131031.html

After a show like that, I don't want to hear you fuckers complaining about not getting any love :P

theimage13
05-19-2020, 07:38 PM

Something (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181207.html) tells (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181208.html) me (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181211.html) you (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181212.html) are (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181214.html) mistaken (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181215.html).

bryan_NIN65
05-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Wow TWO Kansas City dates back to back at a small ass venue blocks from my house.

2020 still throwin heaters apparently.

Hope this holds till next year. I think we would all be crushed if he changed the markets for the next tour.

piggy
05-19-2020, 10:20 PM
Once again, there would have been no shows in Utah or Idaho. There have been none since 2008.

K-Rice
05-19-2020, 10:33 PM
I’m disappointed yet also glad I’m not gonna have to fly out to Indianapolis or Philly just to see NIN this year. I caught 4 shows in 2018 and am content knowing the last show (that Vegas one) will be the greatest concert I will ever see.

brotha52
05-19-2020, 11:12 PM
Can anyone give me more info on the video? I have watched it before and enjoyed it the first time through. Is it someone on here that did that edit?
Seriously. This was not on my radar at all.

icklekitty
05-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Three nights here in Vancouver. AT THE FUCKING QET? POSSIBLY THE NICEST VENUE IN THE CITY?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Queen_Elizabeth_Theatre_Vancouver_View_from_Stage. jpg

HAHAHAHAHA NO THIS IS FINE.

This looks almost exactly like the venue they played for Meltdown in 2018.

xfocalinx
05-20-2020, 12:05 AM
Well, first show they play in America in 2021 I'm going to go to, doesn't matter where. The ENERGY from the crowd and the band would be INSANE

chuckrh
05-20-2020, 03:04 AM
4 nights in Seattle at the Paramount! Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! The Paramount is a little over 2000 seats with the capability of no seats on the floor with reserved seats in the balcony. Or it can be all reserved. Excellent venue. Hopefully it will be back on the schedule next year. Very cool move by Trent regarding the t-shirts.

ManBurning
05-20-2020, 04:09 AM
This looks almost exactly like the venue they played for Meltdown in 2018.

I have been to both venues, and can confirm, they are quite similar. Both are very classy, nice venues.
Would have been awesome to have seen NIN in this theatre.

I do hope when he books shows for next year, Vancouver and the Queen Elizabeth Theatre are still in the running for a show.

diptych
05-20-2020, 05:04 AM
That YouTube video is amazing. Feels like I've just been to a NIN concert, sort of. Please don't forget Europe when you're scheduling your next tour, Trent!

wizfan
05-20-2020, 05:28 AM
Listened to "Heroine" by Jehnny Beth and enjoyed it a lot! Hope she will remain the supporting artist when NIN eventually begin touring again.

paul_is_dead
05-20-2020, 07:17 AM
That YouTube video is amazing. Feels like I've just been to a NIN concert, sort of. Please don't forget Europe when you're scheduling your next tour, Trent!

Yes, even just a few shows in Europe. *fingers crossed*

halo eighteen
05-20-2020, 07:49 AM
Listened to "Heroine" by Jehnny Beth and enjoyed it a lot! Hope she will remain the supporting artist when NIN eventually begin touring again.

I didn't realize until looking her up yesterday that she's the singer of Savages. They're very good too.

fillow
05-20-2020, 08:04 AM
I didn't realize until looking her up yesterday that she's the singer of Savages. They're very good too.
Last time NIN had Kite Base opening, who also had someone from Savages

eachpassingphase
05-20-2020, 08:28 AM
Two nights at Uptown in Kansas City? Finally, shows that wouldn't be much of a drive for me AND they were at a very cool venue. 2020 Can go kick rocks. I'll cross my fingers that this can be rescheduled sometime in the future.

But I'm thrilled that the merch profits are going to food banks. A lot of folks are struggling and it's very much needed. That made me really happy to see.

gorast
05-20-2020, 08:29 AM
https://ninlive.com/shows/2013/20131031.html

After a show like that, I don't want to hear you fuckers complaining about not getting any love :P

Being at this show did kind of make up for having to drive to Atlanta in 2018, lol. What a set.

loophole
05-20-2020, 10:54 AM
My favorite band would have played one of my favorite venues in town. Thank you 2020, please kindly go and kick some rocks.

My Plans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3PBYJqtt7c

2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bPbhCWtZmM

EvilGobi
05-20-2020, 11:29 AM
As sad as I am about this, Im kind of ok with it. Theres no way I would have been able to do this the way I wanted to (I “might” have been able to do the Grand Rapids show, but probably not) Being Canadian from Northern Ontario itd be the closest, but this gives me the opportunity to try and save for the fuck-ton of shows in T.O. after travel becomes safe again.

richardp
05-21-2020, 02:03 AM
Two nights at Uptown in Kansas City? Finally, shows that wouldn't be much of a drive for me AND they were at a very cool venue. 2020 Can go kick rocks. I'll cross my fingers that this can be rescheduled sometime in the future.

But I'm thrilled that the merch profits are going to food banks. A lot of folks are struggling and it's very much needed. That made me really happy to see.

The Uptown would have been the smallest venue NIN had played in Kansas City since 1990. Those two shows would have been fucking wild.

sonic_discord
05-21-2020, 04:09 AM
Yeah, two back-to-back shows at The Armory in Minneapolis (definitely one of my new favorite concert venues of the Twin Cities, along with Palace Theatre) would have been absolutely amazing! I could have also caught a few of those Seattle shows with a friend who lives in Vancouver, WA. I'm crushed it can't happen as planned, but here's hoping they retain the same cities and venues and just postpone everything to summer or fall of 2021 so it can still happen eventually!

chuckrh
05-21-2020, 04:33 AM
Yeah, two back-to-back shows at The Armory in Minneapolis (definitely one of my new favorite concert venues of the Twin Cities, along with Palace Theatre) would have been absolutely amazing! I could have also caught a few of those Seattle shows with a friend who lives in Vancouver, WA. I'm crushed it can't happen as planned, but here's hoping they retain the same cities and venues and just postpone everything to summer or fall of 2021 so it can still happen eventually!

Depending on the money, I would do at least 2 of the Seattle shows, if not all 4. September/October would've been all time for me. Roger Waters, Nick Cave & NIN. Might've been a good time to take off my concert boots because it wouldn't get any better after that!

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
05-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Richard Patrick will be unavailable for anything after election day because he will probably be committed to an asylum if Trump wins again.....The dude is off the rails unhinged...I could see why Filter's tour got cancelled because nobody bought tickets.....No more concerts at places like 'Joe's Barbeque Shack & Ribs' for Filter anytime soon

mfte
05-22-2020, 11:36 AM
I wonder what possible Toronto venues might have been for 5 consecutive dates.
Danforth Music Hall? Hummingbird Centre? Massey Hall reopening?

botley
05-22-2020, 01:53 PM
^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).

Hyperpower
05-22-2020, 02:48 PM
^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).

what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

ManBurning
05-22-2020, 03:05 PM
what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%

Hyperpower
05-22-2020, 03:13 PM
Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%

you know i am so surprised at how Vancouver gets treated as far as tours go. I've always thought the city looks fantastic so why would bands keep it?

alfonso99
05-23-2020, 09:20 AM
Dear Trent,

Shows have been cancelled and we don't know when it will be possible to have awesome shows again, that's a fact!
So, in the meanwhile why not throwing some filed projects to the fans, for example...the self destruct complete show that was never released, but you still have and were you pulled footage for Closure.
I do understand you didn't like the final product, but i'm pretty sure it kicks fucking ass.
If you don't want to release it yourself, maybe you can leave it on patio table (if you have one), so it can be taken by the same dark force that published the Closure DVD.
Think about it...

Prettybrokenspiral
05-23-2020, 09:43 AM
For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

$15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

chuckrh
05-23-2020, 09:49 AM

They were doing a nice stand in the Northwest. Been awhile since they have played Seattle, too. I think both of us will get shows. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
05-23-2020, 10:42 AM
For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

$15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

If they played 2009/2018 style setlists, I would buy every fucking show.....2013/2014 setlists....Not so much

shagg_187
05-24-2020, 12:57 AM
Something (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181207.html) tells (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181208.html) me (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181211.html) you (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181212.html) are (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181214.html) mistaken (https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181215.html).
That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).

Erneuert
05-24-2020, 02:55 AM
That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).

2018 was a goodbye tour?

shagg_187
05-24-2020, 03:54 AM
2018 was a goodbye tour?
Oops, I meant to say a "Thank you" show rather than a Goodbye show; once in a lifetime moment, felt like they would stop touring for a long while after it, at least to me.

theimage13
05-24-2020, 04:06 AM

All the more reason to film them. So if they didn't record those six back to back LA shows, I don't see why you'd think "you don't do 5 back to back shows without a camera crew" for this tour,. Obviously I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but don't get your hopes up - that's all I'm saying.

butter_hole
05-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Am I nuts or is that a Rob Sheridan design on that merch? At least Sheridan-esque.

halo eighteen
05-26-2020, 08:20 AM
Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.

paul_is_dead
05-27-2020, 06:39 AM
Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.

Primavera Barcelona 2021 has revealed an initial line up. I wonder if they will do the same for LA.

Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...

ManBurning
05-28-2020, 02:42 AM

Incredible detective skills there.
I had no idea he was planning on doing a festival show on his mini fall run.

Hoping the festival uses the same lineup planned and NIN agrees to play again and reschedules the same citys around that festival.

Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...

Thanks for reminding me I need to go listen to this so called "Jenny Beth" I normally don't like NIN openers, but I'm always willing to give a Trent Reznor recommendation a try. Honestly, I think he picks really odd acts to open for them. Some strange head scratchers. Most of them I don't like, but every now and then one slips through the cracks that I enjoy.

Just found out about this band last week called AL1CE. Electronic band from the LA area actually.
I think they would be FANTASTIC openers for NIN. I've gotten really into these guys the last few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEBKhz5j6Lw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2EH7uIeEKM

paul_is_dead
06-09-2020, 07:28 AM
Ugh I really hope there's European shows. No NIN for Primavera Barcelona.

I know this is a first world problem but if there are only shows in North America and there's another physical world pre-sale that's gonna be a pain in the ass for me.

ninlive
06-09-2020, 09:03 AM

Technically, they could keep the same dates then. Barring the venues already have stuff planned around there. But I assume most venues are rolling everything into 2021.

ManBurning
06-09-2020, 03:15 PM
I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
Celebrate the shows that would have been.

maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.

chuckrh
06-14-2020, 03:53 AM
I've been listening to the new Jehnny Beth record. It's fantastic! I really hope we still get the opportunity to see her open for NIN next year. She's an opening act I would show up for.

Erneuert
06-14-2020, 06:48 AM
I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
Celebrate the shows that would have been.

maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.

Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. I’d go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.

fillow
06-14-2020, 01:47 PM
A wild guess: they would've played Year Zero in full (but only once or twice, as it was with TDS and Broken).

sonic_discord
06-15-2020, 12:17 PM
I think a live cover of their "Alt mix" of The Heart's Filthy Lesson would be particularly badass.

neorev
06-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. I’d go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.

I always wanted to hear a TR/AR/NIN cover of "Little Wonder." Just imagine how big the "Sending me, so far away, so far away
So far away, so far away" moment would sound with an NIN type sound/epicness behind it.

chuckrh
06-15-2020, 04:15 PM
How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!

nmitchell86
06-15-2020, 06:34 PM
Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!

tricil
06-15-2020, 06:42 PM
How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!

Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh

neorev
06-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!

It's one of the better tracks off Hesitation Marks. I never understood the dislike for this song. It's like NIN meets The Cure.

tony.parente
06-16-2020, 03:44 PM
Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh
I completely forgot god break down the door existed until this comment. why did you do this to me

katara
06-16-2020, 03:52 PM
It's one of the better tracks off Hesitation Marks. I never understood the dislike for this song. It's like NIN meets The Cure.
I also like the song.

Sonically, it's almost the polar opposite of what one expects from Nine Inch Nails. It's in a major key. Trent harmonises with himself. It sounds happy, even if the lyrics are anything but.
In my opinion, the song structure is to blame. That first opening chord "I SURVIIIIIIIIIIVED" is most likely what gets many to skip. If it started a little darker and worked up to that pop-rock section, it might not have turned so many heads.

Disappointing that fan backlash killed the song for Trent. Perhaps he'll warm back up to it in time.

Magnetic
06-16-2020, 10:39 PM
I get what he was doing there, and yah, I get it. Doesn't mean I want to listen to it.
If I want to listen to the Cure, I'll put that on. Not that I'm pigeon-holing NIN, but geeze, c'mon. It's a freakin' record scratch.

You can always put out a separate album of that kinda stuff if you need to scratch that itch, and people will know what they're in for. (Harkins back to the backlash the Cure got for releasing Wild Mood Swings, until people kinda 'got it.')

For me, it's another ill-conceived song on HM, which is why I rarely venture there. Hmmm, maybe this should be on the controversial opinion thread. I'll wait for the pelting of rotten vegetables.

katara
06-17-2020, 03:12 AM
You can always put out a separate album of that kinda stuff if you need to scratch that itch
It's called 'Hesitation Marks'.

jmtd
06-17-2020, 05:04 PM
I don’t recall much everything hatred here at the time; I wonder which outlets he pays attention to.

chuckrh
06-17-2020, 05:34 PM
I really like Hesitation Marks. Sure, it was different but Trent is a different man now. Everyone (hopefully) matures. While it wasn't my favorite NIN tour, I quite enjoyed the HM tour too. Pino Palladino is a monster bass player & the back up singers were top knotch also. Lisa Fischer was great for years with the Stones & she brought the same energy to NIN. It would be boring if Trent just kept remaking TDS. It's that sort of thing that gets you relegated to the Native American entertainment complex circuit.

Magnetic
06-17-2020, 08:46 PM
FWIW, I LOVE With Teeth and Year Zero. While I grew up with the older PHM, Broken, TDS and the Fragile, I thought With Teeth, Year Zero and the Slip were awesome. And I thoroughly enjoyed NTAE and Add Violence. So this isn't a "anything but the TDS is crap" view.

And to be fair, I wasn't a huge fan of Wild Mood Swings when it came out, but eventually I came to absolutely LOVE the album.
Hesitation Marks is 7 years long....and I'm sorry. It's still a nope for me.

zecho
06-17-2020, 08:53 PM
I don’t recall much everything hatred here at the time; I wonder which outlets he pays attention to.

It received the most hate of any NIN release I've seen in my entire time on the site since 2007. It was weeks of people saying it was trash. I personally like the song, but check here (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1691-halo-twenty-eight-hesitation-marks-09-03-2013/page67?highlight=hesitation) and here (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2104-quot-Everything-quot-debuts-on-BBC1-TR-Zane-Lowe-Interview-(8-19-13)/page4) for responses at the time. It was almost all negative comments immediately after it played on the radio, and the frequency of negative comments on only went up in the following days as people who weren't aware that it was coming out started hearing it.

TR referred to it as an "irritant" later in the year, and was definitely referring to fan reaction both here and Facebook when he did.

thefragile_jake
06-17-2020, 10:04 PM
What I'm wondering is if they'll decide to basically reschedule those exact fall dates for 2021 like I've seen a lot of bands do lately. Has that been thrown around and I've missed it? Would be nice to see them add more dates to the tour too, but we'll have to see.

I completely forgot god break down the door existed until this comment. why did you do this to me

you shut that god damn trap right now, tony boney.

ManBurning
06-18-2020, 01:37 AM
What I'm wondering is if they'll decide to basically reschedule those exact fall dates for 2021 like I've seen a lot of bands do lately. Has that been thrown around and I've missed it? Would be nice to see them add more dates to the tour too, but we'll have to see.

I honestly hope to God they use the same set of cities and just reschedule the tour instead of just flat our cancelling it.

However, on the other hand... my province keeps reiterating there are no concerts at all until a vaccine is found. And that scares the fuck out of me. I actually live for live music. If you pull that away from me, there is very little reason for me to live when I live. I live in one of the most expensive places in the whole wide world, San Fransisco type levels of rent/housing here. Anyway... Don't want to get into the politics of it, but if this province takes away live music (and they are notorious for ridiculous laws like that - My city has actually been nicknamed "No fun Vancouver" because every time something fun comes up, the city pulls it's plug), I'm gonna bounce.

My girlfriend and I have actually been talking about moving away recently. If live music gets pulled here and restarts up elsewhere in the country, that's the final nail in the Vancouver coffin for us. We're gonna split.
We all know there isn't going to be a vaccine in 6 months. But the rest of the world is already preparing to move on with or without one with all the tours getting rescheduled already.
tons of venues in Europe are already re-opening for shows as I type this. I've read countless articles about venues in Norway, Italy, Germany etc that are all opening their concert venue doors sooner than they anticipated.

You can very easily practice safe guidelines at concerts. Like making it mandatory for everyone to wear a mask. I would totally wear a mask for the duration of a show if it meant getting in.
I think there is a safe way to restart concerts without a vaccine.

Sorry if I rambled and turned this into something else, lol. It just hits hard to home that I could have gotten 3 back-to-back NIN shows in my town, without having to spend $3000 and take an airplane for once, and it just scares the fuck out of me thinking I might never get to see live music ever again because of a bunch of fucking politicians that live here and think they "understand" fuck them. Fuck them all! (Seriously, sorry for going off on a tangent here. I need an outlet to express my frustration with the system, lol)

chuckrh
06-18-2020, 01:40 AM
FWIW, I LOVE With Teeth and Year Zero. While I grew up with the older PHM, Broken, TDS and the Fragile, I thought With Teeth, Year Zero and the Slip were awesome. And I thoroughly enjoyed NTAE and Add Violence. So this isn't a "anything but the TDS is crap" view.

And to be fair, I wasn't a huge fan of Wild Mood Swings when it came out, but eventually I came to absolutely LOVE the album.
Hesitation Marks is 7 years long....and I'm sorry. It's still a nope for me.

no need to apologize. everyone has their own opinion. & you know what opinions are like (mine included) ;)

sick among the pure
06-18-2020, 08:46 AM
2018: live in rust belt, travel 23hr to CO for shows
2020: live in CO, (would have) travel 23hr back east for shows

At least this gives me more time to save up so I can afford to travel for these guys.

nmitchell86
06-18-2020, 01:16 PM
no need to apologize. everyone has their own opinion. & you know what opinions are like (mine included) ;)

What are they like?

m0reta
06-18-2020, 01:34 PM
What are they like?

Look at your butt.

nmitchell86
06-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Look at your butt.

haha, I was trying to be funny... key word "trying."

TheBang
06-18-2020, 09:01 PM
I've read countless articles about venues in Norway, Italy, Germany etc that are all opening their concert venue doors sooner than they anticipated.
Germany just extended their ban on large gatherings 2 extra months through the end of October:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-germany-gatherings/germany-bans-big-events-until-october-despite-covid-decline-idUKKBN23O2YZ

ManBurning
06-19-2020, 06:20 AM
Germany just extended their ban on large gatherings 2 extra months through the end of October:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-germany-gatherings/germany-bans-big-events-until-october-despite-covid-decline-idUKKBN23O2YZ

CENTRAL EUROPEAN COUNTRIES EASE EVENT RESTRICTIONS

Events of 500 people can take place in the Czech Republic and German capital in June, with Switzerland permitting shows of up to 300, as restrictions ease

Other European countries to recently ease restrictions include Poland (https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/06/outdoor-concerts-return-to-poland/), where outdoor shows of up 150 people are allowed, and Nordic nations Denmark (https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/06/denmark-announces-first-post-covid19-concert-steen-jorgensen/) and Finland (https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/06/finland-allows-events-of-up-to-500-people/), where events are up to 500 people can take place.

https://www.theinvisibleorange.com/central-european-countries-ease-event-restrictions/

paul_is_dead
06-19-2020, 08:53 AM
Drive in concerts for now in the UK

https://twitter.com/numanofficial/status/1273882306122407937?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

ManBurning
06-19-2020, 03:00 PM

https://twitter.com/numanofficial/status/1273882306122407937?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They won't even allow 50 cars at a drive in movie theatre here!! That's how ass backwards politics are here in Canada!

They tried to announce a "drive in concert series" here and it got shut down. *shakes head*

buzburbank
06-19-2020, 08:11 PM

So...a concert, in Cars.

FULLMETAL
06-20-2020, 11:56 PM
There’s been so many cancellations & postponements, I’m trying to think when we would’ve found out about this Fall tour. I’m guessing the official announcement would’ve come after the May Rock & Roll HOF induction.

We know they were booked for Primavera in 2019, so it seems like these dates were firmly on the books well before the HOF had to reschedule the induction ceremony to November.

I don’t think they would’ve announced it during the March SXSW Watchmen panel, but who knows?

thefragile_jake
06-21-2020, 12:10 AM
There’s been so many cancellations & postponements, I’m trying to think when we would’ve found out about this Fall tour. I’m guessing the official announcement would’ve come after the May Rock & Roll HOF induction.

We know they were booked for Primavera in 2019, so it seems like these dates were firmly on the books well before the HOF had to reschedule the induction ceremony to November.

I don’t think they would’ve announced it during the March SXSW Watchmen panel, but who knows?

I have a feeling it was going to be that same timeframe, yes. Would make sense given the 2018 tour was early May as well. I'm curious now when they'll announce the rescheduled 2021 dates.

paul_is_dead
06-21-2020, 09:27 AM
Early next year maybe. If there are European summer dates.

ManBurning
06-24-2020, 06:54 PM

Here’s how ass backwards our government here is. They pulled the plug on a similar event here, because 50 cars is bad!
Bad. Bad. Bad!

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/events-and-entertainment/summer-drive-music-concert-metro-vancouver-cancelled-2515593?fbclid=IwAR3-jXmBqcH-1Dtb-0W4TCEgIyCXhPUsAEYlN8h1S5-tMIR6Mz9cgXyex1M

but hey, they’re re-opening movie theatre’s next week, because it’s more safe to sit in a room for 2 hrs breathing recycled air with 50 other people than be in your car, right?

thefragile_jake
06-24-2020, 07:26 PM
The more I think about a 2021 tour, part of me is really hoping they go a little earlier in the year with maybe some summer dates into the early fall. Hell, maybe even pull a Lights in the Sky 2018 and do a summer and fall leg.

Some major stuff in my life set for this year is possibly being postponed into 2021 so I'd hate to miss out on some NIN gigs next year.

Jinsai
06-24-2020, 08:57 PM
GA please though, I cba with seats.

I was trying to figure out what cba stood for, and I decided it's "can't bounce around," and I liked that. Continue with whatever we're talking about.

Magnetic
06-24-2020, 09:06 PM
My time in the UK makes me think "can't be arsed" for CBA.

sick among the pure
06-24-2020, 09:23 PM
No matter what it means, yes please GA. Please.

paul_is_dead
06-24-2020, 09:43 PM
Haha yes it means 'can't be arsed'. Can't bounce around fits though.

paul_is_dead
09-09-2020, 03:18 PM
The tour was supposed to start in a weeks time?

I wonder when these dates will be rescheduled for.

thefragile_jake
02-05-2021, 10:43 PM
Happy 2021, everyone!

I have a feeling that any future tour will more than likely happen in 2022.

ninlive
02-08-2021, 04:27 AM

Yep. :(

chuckrh
02-08-2021, 05:20 AM
Happy 2021, everyone!

If then. It's the smart move. Why sell a bunch of tickets then have to get refunds (if you can) when shows get cancelled? We're a long way from being done with the pandemic.

m0reta
04-09-2021, 12:52 AM
Oh reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/industrialmusic/comments/mmgw55/i_know_its_not_as_cool_as_posting_the_closer/)!

WorzelG
04-09-2021, 01:08 AM
Oh reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/industrialmusic/comments/mmgw55/i_know_its_not_as_cool_as_posting_the_closer/)!
I hope this is a true as it might mean an international tour in 2022

Erneuert
04-09-2021, 04:05 AM

Is this person deaf? —

fullmudman (https://www.reddit.com/user/fullmudman/)14h

trent was sounding every one of his fifty three years on the 2018 show i caught. he had robin do basically all the screaming, too.
i don't think he has much gas left in the tank. 30+ years as a touring act is a good run, but might be time to hang up the boots.

fillow
04-09-2021, 05:23 AM
The OP's reddit post history makes me cautiously think it's not a total BS.
...Hope we'll see Dive & Slam live debut finally.

sonic_discord
04-09-2021, 09:47 AM
trent was sounding every one of his fifty three years on the 2018 show i caught. he had robin do basically all the screaming, too.
i don't think he has much gas left in the tank. 30+ years as a touring act is a good run, but might be time to hang up the boots.

I don't know where you saw them, but the two shows I caught in Chicago were amazing & some of the most fun I've ever had at a concert. They sounded great and the setlists were varied and exciting. I really hope when they do resume touring that they play the shows they had planned for 2020 because two back-to-back shows at the Minneapolis Armory would be epic.

elevenism
04-09-2021, 10:02 AM
I have a feeling that 2022 will SURELY be in support of SOMETHING to do with Year Zero. I mean, surely we at least get an EP. 2022: The Event, or something like that

WorzelG
04-09-2021, 11:34 AM
I don't know where you saw them, but the two shows I caught in Chicago were amazing & some of the most fun I've ever had at a concert. They sounded great and the setlists were varied and exciting. I really hope when they do resume touring that they play the shows they had planned for 2020 because two back-to-back shows at the Minneapolis Armory would be epic.
I think Erneuert was pointing out a Redditor who said that quote, it wasn’t him!

sonic_discord
04-09-2021, 01:53 PM
I think @Erneuert (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7060) was pointing out a Redditor who said that quote, it wasn’t him!

I understand now that I look again. Thanks for pointing that out, and apologies to @Erneuert (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7060)

WorzelG
04-09-2021, 02:18 PM
I understand now that I look again. Thanks for pointing that out, and apologies to @Erneuert (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7060)
I replied to that guys post just posting footage of 2017-2018 shows saying people should make up their own mind, honestly with fans like that who needs haters? The guy said he’d seen a show on every tour since 1994.

WorzelG
04-09-2021, 02:33 PM
I just ended up looking them up on that ASCAP database and losing the will to live reading all the iterations of possible Ghosts titles and all the obscure film score titles! I kept thinking oh is that new and it ended up being Waves or something. I’d even forgotten some of the Togerher / Locusts titles and getting my hopes up because it had NIN as performers of course

spahn
04-09-2021, 02:50 PM

The slightest chance that this may be true has me all excited now.

WorzelG
04-09-2021, 04:31 PM
The slightest chance that this may be true has me all excited now.
I looked up Dive & Slam and it seems to have gone but what hasn’t gone is Slanted Truth by TR and also Aaron Christopher Gower - who the fuck is he? I can’t find anyone of that name as a songwriter on google. Bizarre. I think I found a landscape Gardner, maybe someone landscaping Trents house?

nmitchell86
04-10-2021, 10:38 AM
So I reached out to OP on the reddit post after he posted that he "runs the most well known industrial club in North America." I asked, "what club?" His reply are these links...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53a95b/jewels-catch-one-das-bunker-interview-disco-industrial

https://post-punk.com/los-angeles-das-bunker/

https://secretlosangeles.com/dance-the-night-away-in-celebration-of-das-bunkers-22nd-anniversary/

For clarity... I've never been to LA, so I'm not familiar with this place. His reddit user name is u/Das_Bunker. It lines up with the articles so I'm thinking very possible. I hope nin does some shows... I'll go for sure.

sweeterthan
04-10-2021, 11:27 AM
interesting for sure. don’t cut your hair, trent.

sonic_discord
04-10-2021, 04:33 PM
interesting for sure. don’t cut your hair, trent.

Haha! This has crossed my mind as well! (hoping he keeps the long hair throughout the next tour)

Erneuert
04-11-2021, 01:52 PM
I’d like to see Atticus with long hair.

ninlive
04-11-2021, 02:22 PM
Although it's a "reliable" source, I doubt it's this year. I'd love to be wrong though and eat my words. Just seems like there needs to be a bit more time.

I'll be first in line. lmao.

WorzelG
04-11-2021, 03:01 PM
Although it's a "reliable" source, I doubt it's this year. I'd love to be wrong though and eat my words. Just seems like there needs to be a bit more time.

I'll be first in line. lmao.
I agree, Trent has been very about caution this year and to play at a large festival seems a bit weird, I was actually relieved when Rammstein moved their stadium show in the UK to next year although I can’t WAIT to go to a gig again

somewhat_
04-11-2021, 05:59 PM
I’m ready. Artists and venues need to get back to it to stay in business. Get vaccinated or you might be waiting longer than later this year or next year to see a show. At the very least, expect that you’ll have to take a covid test, but vaccination might be required.

Zimbo
04-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Would be a great year to grace Wisconsin with an appearance that has been missing for 10 years (I blame the lawsuit). Summerfest would fit the large, outdoor venue.

I could see Trent wanting to help out specific venues/owners stay afloat. I suspect Atticus will be far more reluctant to tour. Either way, I suspect most of this is contingent on some sort of universally accepted vaccine passport.

thenorthwood
04-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Would be a great year to grace Wisconsin with an appearance that has been missing for 10 years (I blame the lawsuit). Summerfest would fit the large, outdoor venue.

Yes!! Holding onto a sprinkling of hope and optimism for this to materialize.

implanted_microchip
04-12-2021, 04:32 AM
I’m dying for a NIN show (or any show) but still don’t know how good I’d feel about traveling and being in line and a crowd of thousands of people even with vaccine requirements. It feels like up until a few weeks ago bands were still moving stuff to 2022 and now it’s the opposite suddenly happening. I’m sure with all that in mind figuring out how to put together any amount of shows right now is going to take longer than usual but how soon could we probably expect an announcement if anything happens?

paul_guyet
04-12-2021, 10:03 AM
I’m dying for a NIN show (or any show) but still don’t know how good I’d feel about traveling and being in line and a crowd of thousands of people even with vaccine requirements. It feels like up until a few weeks ago bands were still moving stuff to 2022 and now it’s the opposite suddenly happening. I’m sure with all that in mind figuring out how to put together any amount of shows right now is going to take longer than usual but how soon could we probably expect an announcement if anything happens?This is exactly what went through my mind when I saw this rumor. I have a crazy feeling there are some NIN fans out there who think masks are for pussies and vaccines are for sheep. Not interested in sharing a space with them.

neorev
04-12-2021, 07:50 PM
I’m dying for a NIN show (or any show)

Interesting wording you chose there, especially with current events. I may be yearning for a NIN show, but I don't wanna die going to one and getting sick. I think bands setting up 2021 shows are rushing and getting ahead of themselves. I'm sure your ticket purchase is gonna come with a clause that you cannot sue anyone if you catch COVID.

sonic_discord
04-12-2021, 10:53 PM
I'm sure your ticket purchase is gonna come with a clause that you cannot sue anyone if you catch COVID.

To be fair, I think that's going to be a thing for the next 5+ years.

wight rabbit
04-13-2021, 02:25 PM
This is exactly what went through my mind when I saw this rumor. I have a crazy feeling there are some NIN fans out there who think masks are for pussies and vaccines are for sheep. Not interested in sharing a space with them.

It wouldn't surprise me if Year Zero and Add Violence's theme of control and simulation are fuel for rationalizing their paranoia.

ManBurning
04-13-2021, 05:48 PM
I'd personally rather them wait for 2022 for shows. I won't be traveling for any shows this year, that's for sure.

Not even sure I would attend if the show came to me. I for one won't be buying pit tickets anytime soon. Never thought I'd say that. For once in my life, I wouldn't mind being stuck in a seated venue.
If I could score a pair of front row tickets to an all seated venue, that would be awesome.

FULLMETAL
04-13-2021, 07:18 PM
This would be the only way to get me into General Admission for a show.

https://i.imgur.com/oMpdKXyl.jpg

WorzelG
04-14-2021, 12:39 AM
Well if the rumour is true, at least TR probably won’t make everyone buy tickets in person like last time!

paul_is_dead
04-20-2021, 08:38 AM
It will be a year in just under a month since the cancelled tour was announced.

They were supposed to do the first edition of Primavera LA, that's close to home for Trent and Atticus.

cdm
04-20-2021, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure I can commit to a show in 2021, even NIN. I'm fully vaccinated and things are <knocks wood> calming down somewhat here...but you want me to buy a ticket now for a show in, say, October / November? Who knows what shit will look like in the fall. Might be great but it also might be variant-city. Gimme a 'no-questions-asked' refund policy up to something like 72-48 hours before the show and I may consider. But the chances of that are slim.

paul_guyet
04-20-2021, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure I can commit to a show in 2021, even NIN. I'm fully vaccinated and things are <knocks wood> calming down somewhat here...but you want me to buy a ticket now for a show in, say, October / November? Who knows what shit will look like in the fall. Might be great but it also might be variant-city. Gimme a 'no-questions-asked' refund policy up to something like 72-48 hours before the show and I may consider. But the chances of that are slim.Maybe toss in a "vaccine passport required for entry" as well...

Magnetic
04-23-2021, 11:26 AM
Nah, those will be faked as well for those idiots who refuse to get vaccinated.

sonic_discord
04-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Nah, those will be faked as well for those idiots who refuse to get vaccinated.

I will say that the first thing I thought to myself when I received my Vaccination Record Card was "damn, it would be SO EASY to recreate and make forgeries of this."

paul_is_dead
04-23-2021, 05:37 PM
I assume it won't be that card. It'll be like whatever pass will be introduced to fly.

virushopper
04-29-2021, 01:38 AM
Another redditor posted this earlier today: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/n0qk0x/a_women_that_works_at_my_local_amphitheater_in_ca/

paul_is_dead
04-29-2021, 07:31 AM
Just matches what would have happened in 2020.

spahn
04-29-2021, 08:50 AM
Which means that the chances of a Florida date are slim. :(

cdm
04-29-2021, 09:17 AM
Another redditor posted this earlier today: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/n0qk0x/a_women_that_works_at_my_local_amphitheater_in_ca/

Seems plausible. Close to home, outdoors w/ favorable Cali weather, some sort of passport will surely be in wide use by then.

sweeterthan
04-29-2021, 09:22 AM
a friend told me i’d see nin in atlanta this year...but my city wasn’t part of those 2020 dates either.

sonic_discord
04-29-2021, 09:43 AM
Fingers crossed for rescheduled dates for those two back-to-back shows at The Armory in Minneapolis...

fillow
04-29-2021, 09:48 AM
I don't really get why people expect the new tour will have the same route as the canceled one? I mean I see how it's usually happens with the tours which had tickets on sale already (Rammstein, RATM, etc etc), but NIN?

cdm
04-29-2021, 10:02 AM
I don't really get why people expect the new tour will have the same route as the canceled one? I mean I see how it's usually happens with the tours which had tickets on sale already (Rammstein, RATM, etc etc), but NIN?

I agree with you here...but then again I don't expect this to be a tour in the traditional sense, instead some dates here and some dates there. I'd love to be wrong but I get the sense that whatever they do will be cautious. That, of course, assumes this "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard" isn't bullshit.

sweeterthan
04-29-2021, 10:49 AM
I agree with you here...but then again I don't expect this to be a tour in the traditional sense, instead some dates here and some dates there. I'd love to be wrong but I get the sense that whatever they do will be cautious. That, of course, assumes this "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard" isn't bullshit.

i guess it could be bunk info but i wouldn’t share the info here if it wasn’t a legitimate source. especially since these reddit posts correspond.

cdm
04-29-2021, 11:21 AM
i guess it could be bunk info but i wouldn’t share the info here if it wasn’t a legitimate source. especially since these reddit posts correspond.

Sorry if I came across suggesting your friend was full of it...i was referring to the Reddit randos. I 100% trust your judgement on that.

sonic_discord
04-29-2021, 11:26 AM

I know it wasn't actually announced and tickets never went on sale, but those shows were booked. I mean they even printed t-shirts with the dates on them. When every band and venue in the world has been rescheduling their tours for a solid year, I don't find it hard to believe that IF they were in fact touring this fall, the list of dates and locations could indeed be very close to what fall 2020 was supposed to be. Just my $0.02. Under normal circumstances in a different year, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but as we all know, things have not been normal for the past year.

Deacon Blackfire
04-29-2021, 11:27 PM
Cautiously optimistic that there is some truth to these rumors - I can at least try to hope this year!

gorast
04-30-2021, 07:05 AM
If there's an Atlanta date it's gonna be road trip time again.

spahn
04-30-2021, 07:07 AM

That would be the second option. maybe we could even do a meet up with ninlive. :)

sweeterthan
04-30-2021, 07:15 AM
fingers crossed.

Magnetic
04-30-2021, 10:20 AM

Yah. I'll be doing that if there's no Philly show (unlikely). I have friends in Philly, so that's usually plan A.

gorast
04-30-2021, 01:14 PM
That would be the second option. maybe we could even do a meet up with @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) . :)

I'll tell you right now I'd be all in on any kind of ETS meetup for an Atlanta show. That would be amazing.

ninlive
04-30-2021, 07:33 PM
That would be the second option. maybe we could even do a meet up with @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141). :)

First round on me. We'll do it big.