PDA

View Full Version : Rammstein

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ManBurning
11-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Looks Like Rammstein are coming back to America in 2012 again.
They refuse to come to North America for 10 years and now they can't stop coming, funny how that works eh?

RAMMSTEIN MADE IN GERMANY 1995-2011 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR ITINERARY

April 20 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BankAtlantic Center
April 21 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
April 23 - Atlanta, GA - - Philips Arena
April 25 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena
April 26 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
April 28 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
April 29 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center
May 1 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
May 3 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
May 4 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena
May 6 - Detroit, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
May 8 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
May 10 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
May 13 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
May 14 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
May 17 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
May 18 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena
May 20 - Denver, CO - Denver Coliseum
May 22 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
May 24 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
May 25 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

I'm pretty thankful for them finally coming to a city I live in (Vancouver) for once. I've travelled to see them on 4 different occasions in the last 10 years. But the funny thing is, i'm still contemplating going to another show as well!
Probably just the Tacoma, WA show as it's the most cost effective.
The Show is just that good! Once you've seen one Rammstein show, you have to attend another.

bgalbraith
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I saw them in Tacoma back in 2001 with System of a Down and Slipknot. That was a fun show

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I saw them this year here in Tacoma and then at the final show in Vegas. Needless to say I'm thrilled at the chance to see them again. Looks like May 14th is the date! Now to get Johnbron and Lt. Randazzo up here.....

oh, and just in case you've been living under a rock, here's the new track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFTWqJUUpuQ

slave2thewage
11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Mein Land is the video of the year.

Can we talk about how ~FIERCE~ the new setlist is yet?

ltrandazzo
11-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Seeing them in Chicago and will be trying to get a ticket for Tacoma as well. Such an awesomely brutal band and such a great live show.

ManBurning
11-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I can breath easy now! I Secured my floor tickets today to the Vancouver show!!
This band is truly amazing live.
Next, gonna try and get some tickets to Tacoma next week when they go on sale. Shouldn't be too hard, as me and my Girlfriend are going to grab some seats for that show. It's going to be the exact same show, but being able to see 2 different perspectives is always nice.

That's what we did earlier this year. Originally we were just going to go to the LA show, but we couldn't get floor. So I tried the Oakland (san fran) show, and we got floor, so we grabbed those, then we also figured, why not go to both, grabbed the seats to LA so we had 2 different perspectives of the show.

Malechite
11-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Seeing them in Chicago and will be trying to get a ticket for Tacoma as well. Such an awesomely brutal band and such a great live show.

When you first asked me about it I was like oh, May is far away, I have time to think about it. But then saw you bought tickets already! thats crazy.

ltrandazzo
11-24-2011, 12:54 PM
When you first asked me about it I was like oh, May is far away, I have time to think about it. But then saw you bought tickets already! thats crazy.

There are still tickets available, I believe. Decent ones similar to the ones I got. Still time to think!

ManBurning
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Yeah, the tickets sure went on sale goddamn early! But I think it's to try and get as many sales in as possible. They want to try and sell the shows out I'm guessing, that and the price for tickets is skyhigh (well, they are $150 each in Canada, assuming the US prices are similar).

But for anyone that has already seen their show live, they can vouch for the pricey admission cost that it is well worth it, as they put on one hell of a show!

Can we talk about how ~FIERCE~ the new setlist is yet?

The New setlist isn't too bad at all. I'm glad this is a best of tour, i'd much rather hear all the classics then a whole night of LIFAD.
I'm glad they put Mein Herz Brennt back into the setlist, that's one of their best songs.
Also like the addition of Sehnsucht and Mann Gagen Mann, and to a strange degree Amerika.
Amerika is such a cheesy song, but I think it would be a fun live song. I hope they keep the setlist similar to how it is when they come on their North American leg. I'm curious to see whether they will attempt to play Bück dich or not. That's another addition I am glad to see revived to the setlist.

spahn
11-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Do they have an opening act lined up for the tour? That may incline me to purchase tickets depending on who opens.

ManBurning
11-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Do they have an opening act lined up for the tour? That may incline me to purchase tickets depending on who opens.

No word on the north american leg yet, but currently Deathstars are opening their shows in Europe and will continue to do so on the UK dates in March 2012, but no word whether they will be opening for North America yet. I'd say the chances are pretty good considering Rammstein took Combichrist along with them during their 2009 European tour and then they chose them again for the 2010 American dates soooo... Hopefully that helped you on your decision, but once again they currently do not have an opener for their North American leg, so take it for what it is.

ltrandazzo
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
So, this happened today.
The busts inside of a mausoleum.
The outside of the mausoleum.

razzletiger
11-25-2011, 11:19 PM
So, this happened today.

That is so badass.

NotoriousTIMP
11-26-2011, 03:17 AM
So, this happened today.

Is this the mega uber deluxe edition of the CD?

Ryan
11-26-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&v=DkcLGQIXnA0

Ryan
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Is this the mega uber deluxe edition of the CD?

That's this:

http://www.cdpince.hu/files/r/rammstein_made_in_germany_box.jpg

Also, making of Mein Land video has Till lolling at the idea of them breaking up just because they're releasing a best of:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JbT4Ce7u2k

Ryan
11-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Also, new b-side from Mein Land single is amazing -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEK0ep6bAE

Ryan
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Also, the falling sparks from Ohne Dich are now done in Mutter, while Ohne Dich is done on B stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us0xAIjOs9Q

Fixer808
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Got my ticket for the Vancouver show last Friday!! I opted for the cheap seats ($54), but it's not a huge arena, so the view will still be pretty good!

ManBurning
11-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Got my ticket for the Vancouver show last Friday!! I opted for the cheap seats ($54), but it's not a huge arena, so the view will still be pretty good!

WONDERFUL! I think that makes 30 people who have bought tickets so far! Spread the word to your friends to prevent the show from being cancelled.

Seriously, there has been next to no advertising for this show, it's barely sold any tickets. FLOOR tickets are still available!
Usually floor tickets sell out in minutes at Rogers arena, I can't beleive floor is still available.

The other shows on the tour are selling just as poorly. Winnipeg still has floor available as well.

I think there are a few reasons for this:
1) The ticket price are waaaay too much, $155 for a floor or lower bowl seat is ridiculious!
2) It's too close to Christmas time
3) The tickets went on sale way to far in advance (6 mths)
4) Poor promotion
5) everyone spent their money on roger waters tickets? (I donno if Rammstein fans like Roger waters, haha so point might not be true, I just decided to add it anyway).

Fixer808
11-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Heh, well I chose them over Roger. But you have valid points, especially the ludicrous price coming just before Christmas. I know people who I was telling to "get on it right away, it'll sell out in no time!!" but obviously that's not going to happen. If it gets cancelled I'm gonna be super-pissed, there haven't been any shows I've wanted to see this year, apart from SONOIO/Ladytron, and I missed that one.

NotoriousTIMP
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Whoa! $155 for a floor ticket!? I like Rammstein and all but who the fuck are they kidding? I thought my $65 floor ticket for the show earlier this year was a bit high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

razzletiger
11-30-2011, 12:43 AM
We paid ~$100 a ticket, but that was for the lower bowl. Last May, the cheap seats were around $65 a piece. That kind of seems to be the going rate for tickets in general today. I think the early onsale dates are the biggest contributor to slower sales. The dates were barely announced before tickets became available, so I think there just wasn't enough time for everyone to get excited about them coming to North America again before sales started.

NotoriousTIMP
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Tacoma Dome pre-sale happens tomorrow! :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/aeffb046-f35c-03bf.jpg

johnbron
11-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Tacoma Dome pre-sale happens tomorrow! :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/aeffb046-f35c-03bf.jpg

Fucking GRAB ME ONE!?!? How much do I currently owe you? /me is always out of money GD it.

ManBurning
11-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I kinda wanna go to Tacoma as well...
Decisions, Decisions...

Well, I already have floor for Vancouver, so if I grab a ticket for this one too, it's going to be a seat, and I'm not worried about it selling out.
I'll mull it over with my finances.

twilight explosion
12-01-2011, 12:10 AM
I think my mind is ready to explode whenever I see them in April. SO EXCITED HOLY SHITSJK:LDAM<>MX>?cv

Ryan
12-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Take me with you!!!!

BenAkenobi
12-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Anybody else doesn't feel LIFAD very much? hasn't grabbed me as other albums, includig Rosenrot which was actually awesome...

meetree
12-01-2011, 11:17 AM
i just saw em november21st and will see em on dec 10th in stuttgart again-
show is amazing as always but i expected a lil bit more....they recycled most of the elements from past tours....
but anyway i was astonished and glad to hear a lot of old songs live again....
looking forward to next saturday :D

dlb
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm more than happy to say that this band is finally rocking again. Saw them in Munich and then in Berlin last week and I could not have hoped for a better setlist and show. I really don't know which band I saw back in 2009. it just doesn't stand a change against Rammstein in 2011. I totally forgot about LIFAD and the respective tour. Made in Germany is what it's all about now and they seem to enjoy it more than ever.

if only that new video and song weren't that terrible. "Vergiss uns nicht" on the other hand is a pretty good track though.

Mech
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Would love to go, but 100+ for a ticket is pretty steep.

Conan The Barbarian
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
will be going to both florida dates. taking my lil brother to pop his concert cherry. I cannot wait. and a hundred bucks isnt that bad really. who knows, this might be the last time we see them for a while. im sure after this tour starts their well deserved break.

ManBurning
12-02-2011, 12:21 AM
will be going to both florida dates. taking my lil brother to pop his concert cherry. I cannot wait. and a hundred bucks isnt that bad really. who knows, this might be the last time we see them for a while. im sure after this tour starts their well deserved break.

Wow, jealous of your brother's first concert being a Rammstein show. You do know you are setting the concert bar pretty damn high to be met after taking him to this show eh? Seriously, Rammstein's live show blows everything out of the water.

But yeah, They have been touring machines for 2-3 years now. Looking forward to them actually taking a nice break and getting back into the studio to make some more music.

Totally
12-02-2011, 01:42 AM
WTF'NF is with the $150 floor vs the US $80. Insulting..

Conan The Barbarian
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM

what date?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qyh_z27drA

Totally
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Vancouver.

wight rabbit
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Anybody else doesn't feel LIFAD very much? hasn't grabbed me as other albums, includig Rosenrot which was actually awesome...

I'm actually the complete opposite. Rosenrot is my second least favorite album, with Sehnsucht taking the number one spot. LIFAD and Herzeleid tie for my favorite, followed by Reise, Reise and Mutter​.

ManBurning
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I know do they think all of us Canadians are made of money? Just Because Vancouver is the most expensive city in the world to live in doesn't jusify the concerts being the most expensive as well. What's even more strange is if you look at the arena seating chart for the Rammstein show at rogers arena, every single seat in the WHOLE ARENA is open! Now at $100-150 each, that's being goddamn greedy. Especially selling those tickets behind the stage, who in the right mind would want to pay to not even see the stage.

I'm actually the complete opposite. Rosenrot is my second least favorite album, with Sehnsucht taking the number one spot. LIFAD and Herzeleid tie for my favorite, followed by Reise, Reise and Mutter​.

I don't like Rosenrot at all. It's my least faviourte album. I am very surprised you dislike Sehnsucht though, that's a masterpiece!
That's my faviourte album by them, was the first album I heard from them back in 1997 when they were first breaking through the scene, and I was 14 when I got that album, so for me that album defined my teenage years growing up.

I would have to order the albums from best to worst like this: Sehnsucht, Herzeleid, Mutter, LIFAD, Reise Reise and Rosenrot.

october_midnight
12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
For the type of show Rammstein puts on $150 is up there, but not out of this world. Hell for a Christmas present for my fiancee's brother I got him and myself Watch The Throne floor tickets. Set me back over $500 lol.

slave2thewage
12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Are we ranking albums in here?

1. Mutter
2. Sehnsucht
3. Reise, Reise
4. LIFAD
5. Rosenrot
6. Herzeleid

IAmTheExit
12-02-2011, 02:34 PM
If we're ranking, here's my list:

1. LIFAD Special Edition (the bonus tracks win it for me)
2. Reise, Reise
3. Mutter
4. Rosenrot
5. Sensucht
6. Herzeleid

I love all of their albums, so don't take it as me saying Herzeleid sucks.

razzletiger
12-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't really have a rank, but I will say that Rosenrot sounds exactly like it is - an album full of B-sides. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad, it's pretty bad (I'm looking at you, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir). Reise, Reise, LIFAD, and Mutter are all my favorites, but I listen to all of them, depending on my mood.

dlb
12-02-2011, 05:16 PM
the german Rolling Stone has a 12 pages feature on Rammstein. you can check out one of the interviews (Christoph, drums) here:
http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/features/article125527/rammstein-exklusives-interview-mit-christoph-schneider.html

it's in german though, but he declares "Mutter" has their best album and the peak of their career. he also goes into detail why their US-tour in 2001 was quite a dissapointment and why the band was nearly facing a breakup twice.

heavenly_bearded
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I saw these guys about 12 years ago with Mindless Self Indungence. Shit I'm getting old. I will be attending the Target Center show for sure.

sessava
12-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately the ticket prices are too high for me to afford at the moment. Shame, cause I'd love to see these guys at least once in my life, been a fan for years now.

Also-
1. Reise, Reise
2. Mutter
3. Rosenrot
4. Sensucht
5. Herzeleid
6. LIFAD

Thinking about it, Rammstein is one of the few bands I can think of that have never put out an album that I dislike.

Conan The Barbarian
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Just get seats. You don't want to miss this show.

I can't rank the albums because I love them all. I don't see why rosenrot gets so much hate.

Ryan
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I want more Rosenrot songs played live. And Donaukinder.

thelastdisciple
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I would love to see Rammstein again (went to May 13th in Edmonton 2010), but i just can't afford to buy tickets right now, not only is it too far in advance it's too close to Christmas where most of my money is going to other things and i highly doubt someone would splurge that amount of money on me. Tack on travel cost and accommodation to Vancouver... not looking too likely, is it still not sold out or what's the deal? this time i would want floor as i was up on level 2 at the back of the stadium where you need binocs to see the band... a lottery winning would be awesome right about now.

ManBurning
12-03-2011, 03:17 AM
I want more Rosenrot songs played live. And Donaukinder.

I'm surprised not to see more Rosenrot songs on the setlist, especially after they did that poll about "What Rosenrot songs do you want the band to preform on their best of tour" and only mann gagen mann made the cut. I'd like to hear spring, Rosenrot, Hilf mir or Feuer und Wasser live. But more importantly, I wish they brought back Wilder Wein, that's my all time faviourte Rammstein "B-side". Feuerrider and hallelujah are great too.

I would love to see Rammstein again (went to May 13th in Edmonton 2010). is it still not sold out or what's the deal?

Well, come again!! You said yourself It's rather far in advance, that gives you a few months to save. Seriously, who knows when the next time Rammstein might be back to Canada again, they took a 10 year hiatus to come back, and they are getting old. I wouldn't suspect them doing this for much longer, you really should catch another show while they are basically in your backyard.

Regarding the sales, yeah I just checked and floor are STILL available. You seem rather surprised that this show hasn't come close to selling out yet. On one hand so am I. In fact I'm a little dissappointed it's taking this long to sell as well, but if you read my post earlier in the thread I make some solid speculations on why I think the show isn't selling out, christmas time, too far in advance, price is too high are some factors and actually NO PROMOTION what-so-ever! We have a free paper every week that has concert listings and whats going on around town and they don't have the show listed in there for whatever reason. So, I bet there are some people that still don't even know about it.

gamuzajoe
12-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Does anyone own the iTunes digital booklets for Mein Land and/or Made In Germany? I'm buying these physically and don't wanna spend double just for a pdf. Thanks!

Ryan
12-03-2011, 05:19 AM
PMed you the one for Mein Land.

I also need the one for MiG.

Conan The Barbarian
12-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I just ordered mein land from a German store that didnt kill me. Lame that I have to wait 2 weeks for mig.

reznovka
12-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Rammstein...I really don´t get the hype.
The lyrics suck, the tickets are way to expensive.
I paid 40€ for NIN two years ago, and they had to travel from the USA, Rammstein wants 55 up to 77€ and they are german.
I really don´t know how people actually can pay so much money for bad lyrics and moneyloving freaks.

ManBurning
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I couldn't resist... I bought tickets to the Tacoma, WA show as well just now. Least these ones were only $70 each as opposed to the $155 ones in Vancouver. One Rammstein show is never enough! Floor for Vancouver and seats for Tacoma, 2 difference prespectives, should be good.

IAmTheExit
12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
the german Rolling Stone has a 12 pages feature on Rammstein. you can check out one of the interviews (Christoph, drums) here:
http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/features/article125527/rammstein-exklusives-interview-mit-christoph-schneider.html

it's in german though, but he declares "Mutter" has their best album and the peak of their career. he also goes into detail why their US-tour in 2001 was quite a dissapointment and why the band was nearly facing a breakup twice.

If you could possibly find or do a translation for this, I'd be extremely thankful.

Totally
12-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Ima just fuck a scalper up the ass day of the show.. Or my friends may have got me a tik most likely

wight rabbit
12-06-2011, 05:13 AM
I am very surprised you dislike Sehnsucht though, that's a masterpiece!
That's my faviourte album by them, was the first album I heard from them back in 1997 when they were first breaking through the scene, and I was 14 when I got that album, so for me that album defined my teenage years growing up.

Masterpiece? I strongly disagree with that. The first time I tried listening to Sehnsucht, I found myself skipping through every track and wondering at the end of the CD why almost every song sounded similar. It seems very clear to me that they were deliberately trying something a little more radio "friendly" on that album just to get a broader fanbase and it worked, but it comes off too distanced from the rest of their catalog. I'm willing to give it another shot, but I feel my opinion will remain unchanged.

fillow
12-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Mutter sounds much more radio-friendly than Sehnsucht. And no less than half of Sehnsucht songs were already written by the time they went on tour for Herzeleid and were performed live simetimes during 95-96

BenAkenobi
12-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Sehnsucht, similarly to LIFAD, has some great songs but doesn't flow very well

seasonsinthesky
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Mutter sounds much more radio-friendly than Sehnsucht.
that may be, but i agree with Triggermine. Sehnsucht sounds very much — in general, of course — like the band refining their ambition into the most accessible approach they could. Mutter takes that approach and refines it, so they sounded more comfortable in their sound and could really use it to its full potential — which is why it opens with an incredibly compelling and fluent 6 songs in a row, all of which have become R+ classics, and most of which were singles. the same cannot be said for Sehnsucht, which certainly has classic songs, but is very inconsistent in comparison to Mutter, and sometimes feels like it's trying too hard. the title track, for instance, is a poor opener, i think. it took me years to warm up to it!

i think every album has some filler in the last half, though, with "Küss Mich" being a prime example (does a song get any more generic Rammstein than that?).

LaneSax
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
The new boxset looks really neat, can't wait for mine!

I read on the Rammstein site that some boxsets contained factory errors and that Universal will replace them.

As for album rankings I'd say...

1. Mutter
2. LIFAD
3. Reise Reise
4. Sensucht
5. Rosenrot
6. Herzeleid

Dissonance
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
1. LIFAD (blew me away day it leaked, and continues to be strong to me)
2. Reise, Reise (original fav)
3. Mutter
4. Sensucht
5. Herzeleid

Sucks. Instead of getting tickets to show in Tampa, I bought them to NY show for Nassau Coliseum April 28th thinking I'd be there way before then but that fell through when person buying the house got into an accident 3 days before closing (the other day) and is in a coma, and his wife pulled out. May need to sell the tickets. I got the tickets emailed to me because I needed it in a hurry.

ManBurning
12-06-2011, 11:19 PM
that may be, but i agree with Triggermine. Sehnsucht sounds very much — in general, of course — like the band refining their ambition into the most accessible approach they could. Mutter takes that approach and refines it, so they sounded more comfortable in their sound and could really use it to its full potential — which is why it opens with an incredibly compelling and fluent 6 songs in a row, all of which have become R+ classics, and most of which were singles. the same cannot be said for Sehnsucht, which certainly has classic songs, but is very inconsistent in comparison to Mutter, and sometimes feels like it's trying too hard. the title track, for instance, is a poor opener, i think. it took me years to warm up to it!

i think every album has some filler in the last half, though, with "Küss Mich" being a prime example (does a song get any more generic Rammstein than that?).

I will agree with you about most Rammstein albums second half's being weaker then the first, however not Sehnsucht! In fact, Sehnsucht has some of the best tracks at the end. I like the Rammstein tracks that are a little more rare and less played for some reason. Prime Example: Eifersucht. That song is spectacular all around, so is Alter Mann. ALter Mann used to be my faviourte song. Now I don't know if I only feel this way because those songs are more obscure songs that don't get alot of attention, but I think Sehnsucht starts off strong with a 1-2-3 punch of heavy hitters, sehnsucht, engel, Tier. Gets a little weak in the middle with Bistrafe Mich and Buck Dich, but Then it gets better again near the end with Spiel Mit Mir, then Alter mann, Eifersucht and I don't mind Kuss Mich.

Mutter has good tracks, and it's totally the album that defined them as a band. I will agree that the music seems alot more tight and more produced. But I donno, just something about it seems almost TOO over-produced. I liked the raw sound of Sehnsucht, like they just picked up and started jamming and just recorded whatever sounded good. Mutter seems like it was made by a group of perfectionists that were really trying to "break into a mainstream scene". This will probably make me sound nuts, but I can't really stand any of the singles on Mutter. I don't know if it's because they are so overplayed, but to me Feuer Frei! Links 2-3-4 and Ich Will aren't top choices of Rammstein songs I want to listen too over and over. I will admit that compare to the other albums Sehnsucht is a terrible opener. It's not epic or builds up to anything in the slightest.

I think if it's one thing Rammstein is known for it's the first track on their albums, they always put the best track as their opening track, the most epic song to start everything out with a BANG!! Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen, Mein Herz Brennt, Reise Reise and Rammlied. I'm not counting Rosenrot's opener "Benzin" as I consider Rosenrot a collection of left-over songs. So they weren't going for an epic concept album on that one. But excluding Benzin, you see that all the other songs there are very, very epic. Mein Herz Brennt has to be one of the all time best openers of all time. Going back to what I was originally saying, evn on Mutter I find my faviourte tracks are at the end. Zwitter, Adio and Spieluhr. Once again, the more lesser known songs.

The main point I was agreeing with was the first half of the albums are generally better. asside from Mutter and Sehnsucht I find that Herzeleid, Reise Reise, Rosenrot, and LIFAD have their weaker songs towards the end and I usually turn them off halfway or skip some. I just find the 1 album I can listen to all the way through is Sehnsucht (only skipping Klavier, lol). Herzeleid is a close second and then Mutter would round up the top 3.

Conan The Barbarian
12-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I respect your opinion, but I think you are nuts lol

dlb
12-07-2011, 02:53 AM
I never re-listened to Herzeleid and Sehnsucht since Live aus Berlin came out, which I consider a pretty good best-of album of those two records, but after seeing them live and falling in love with Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? again I dug deeper into the Herzeleid-sound and have to say that it's their strongest and most consistend album alongside Mutter which just flows perfectly. Mutter and Herzeleid are the only R+ albums that I can listen to all the way through.

Sehnsucht produced some of their hit singles and live favorites tough and I don't mind the title track. I really like it acutally, especially live, but have to agree that it's not a good choice to start off the record. Could have been Engel or Spiel mit mir like on the '98 tour. On a whole scale this album seems too forced and limited, a fact that the band seems to agree on. That's why they choosed to be more liberate sound and lyric-wise on later albums.

Reise, Reise is a solid record, Rosenrot I just can't stand and LIFAD never really stuck with me apart from the B-sides (Donaukinder!). I just don't like the new direction the band was heading for after Mutter and I really miss this cold and bold industrial energy that they once had. Seeing them live of course is a whole different thing, since they try to incorporate all the best from those 6 albums and usually find a good balance. The Made in Germany shows are a return to full form in my opinion and offer one of their best set lists to date. Still I'd kill for a proper DVD that contains footage from 2001-2002. I just can't belive on how much material these guys are sitting on, but oh well. I blame the management and Fialik for all things that piss me of with this band.

It's a love/hate relationship that I don't have with any other band.

My list:

Mutter
Herzeleid
Sehnsucht
Reise, Reise
Rosenrot
Liebe ist für alle da

ManBurning
12-08-2011, 12:57 AM
It's a love/hate relationship that I don't have with any other band.

My list:

Mutter
Herzeleid
Sehnsucht
Reise, Reise
Rosenrot
Liebe ist für alle da

I'll just cut your post down to just this, but the entire post you made was very well said. Agree with almost everything you said.
Especially the love/hate relationship with this band. When they are good, they are REALLY good, but then when they are bad, well... they're not so bad they are untolerable, but it's kind of strange that they can make such masterpieces like reise reise, mein herz brennt and rammlied as opening songs and then they come out with some hit-or-miss songs/records like Rosenrot.

Actually, i am very shocked you rate LIFAD dead last after Rosenrot, especially after stating: "Rosenrot I just can't stand". i was totally expecting to see it last.

And the thing about the Mutter tour DVD, I couldn't agree more on. I think it was their best tour by far, in fact I was just looking at live footage on youtube from the 2001-2002 concert tour for Mutter, it's great stuff! I'm so glad I was able to catch a Mutter tour live, not to say the live show sucks now, as it's morphed into something COMPLETLY OUT OF THIS WORLD. They've really just continued to up the ante on each of ther live shows as their career goes on. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Made In Germany" tour in the spring, it looks like it's a tour to end of tours.

Ryan
12-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Exchange of the Super Deluxe Edition
DATE: 2011 Dec 5th

Following dispatch of the MADE IN GERMANY 1995-2011 Super Deluxe Edition, we unfortunately became aware that part of the production run contains serious defects. If you discover one or more of these defects in your box, you can exchange the affected part of the box. Below is information on what to do.

1. Some CDs and DVDs were incorrectly sorted, leading to duplication of and/or missing DVD/CDs. Duplicate DVD/CDs can be exchanged.

2. The inner edges of the box have not been deburred and are therefore quite sharp. This was intentional on the part of Universal. Anyone who is bothered by this can also exchange the metal box itself.

3. On some of the boxes there is also evidence of marks and/or printing errors on the box packaging and the metal slipcase. If you discover this error, you can exchange your box or slipcase.

4. There is some evidence of stained cloths. The cloths are there to protect the contents from rust stains, and so are intended to be stained at a later point. Anyone bothered by the current stains can have the cloth exchanged.

5. RAMMSTEIN had intended a different binding to be used on the 240-page photo book, one that allows the book to be opened more easily and lets the photos flow into each other cleanly. The book will therefore be reprinted to the appropriate standard and anyone who wants to can exchange the book.

As it currently stands, the Super Deluxe Edition in no way meets the standard of quality which was desired by RAMMSTEIN and assured by the manufacturer. RAMMSTEIN has carefully followed the entire production process; the above errors appeared in the few areas which are outside the control of the band.

Universal Music is therefore immediately offering anyone who purchased a defective Super Deluxe Edition the opportunity to exchange any faulty components, postage free, and has pledged to correct the defects quickly and without any fuss.

Anyone wishing to avail of this offer should please send an email, specifying the defect, to the following address:

rammsteinbox@universal-music.de

or call the following number:

+49 30 52007 2355 (10am – 6pm CET)

According to Universal, you will immediately receive further information on the processing of the exchange.

Universal has said that the exchange and shipping of the correct CD/DVDs and/or photo book will take place as quickly as possible. As the components now have to be produced again, the exchange may take several weeks. Please notify your defects to Universal as soon as possible, as Universal has only agreed to take the items back until March 15th 2012.

We regret the inconvenience and are very irritated that our agreements and specifications were not complied with by Universal and their suppliers.

razzletiger
12-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Man, that sucks about the printing problems, but good on Universal for making up for it. This makes me feel just a little bit better about missing out on the cheaper preorder price that Amazon had for awhile on the boxed set, though.

dlb
12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Actually, i am very shocked you rate LIFAD dead last after Rosenrot, especially after stating: "Rosenrot I just can't stand". i was totally expecting to see it last.

Well, LIFAD really did not stick with me. It's not a bad album and not as bad as Rosenrot IMHO, but other than Donaukinder I don't listen to any of these tracks anymore. I bought it the day it came out and listened to it for a week, but nothing happened. I really have a problem with the lyrics and the visual presentation of that album. It just doesn't click with me and the only tacks that I keep playing are Donaukinder and Waidmanns Heil. Roter Sand is okay aswell, but for me their weakest soft Rammstein-song.

And while I'd consider Rosenrot their worst album there are still songs on it that intrigue me more than the ones on LIFAD. Spring, Benzin and Ein Lied are regulars on my playlists and that's why I rank it a bit, but only the slightest bit, higher than LIFAD.

@Ryan: I'm more than glad that my deluxe edition arrived safely and everything was how it's supposed to be, but at least Universal is not a bitch about it. Reminds me of the Ghost limited edition.... :/

Ryan
12-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Ya'll heard this demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAyABvzgGmo

Gib Mir Augen

ManBurning
12-08-2011, 04:16 AM
^^ Wow, that song is good! Wonder where it came from...
A LIFAD demo I am guessing since it says it's from 2008.

seasonsinthesky
12-08-2011, 06:07 AM
i can see why they left it as a demo — that piano is quite poorly used (though i like the rest of it).

Ryan
12-08-2011, 06:18 AM
All the Rosenrot/Stirb Nicht Vor Mir haters need to hear this, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86D7Jp8JGJw

Conan The Barbarian
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I like Gib Mir Augen, but what intrigues me the most is the countdown to another song right at the end. who the hell has possesion of these? and why in the hell do russians and south americans have access to these rare gems?

batsy
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I bought a ticket to the Houston show. Going solo for the first time since none of my friends or fam know or like Rammstein. IDGAF though 'cause I'm excited as hell.

ManBurning
12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
All the Rosenrot/Stirb Nicht Vor Mir haters need to hear this, btw:

way better then the original!

Is there a place you can get all these demos together?

jibbleaoife
12-09-2011, 06:30 AM
I fully intend on spending a disgraceful amount of money i have saved on tickets to the London gig. Looks like most tickets are being sold on now for around 80 quid each and i'll end up buying a couple for friends too. If i didn't think they were such an incredible live act i wouldn't go to such efforts. Sigh.

dlb
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
You won't regret it!

Even tough the band seems to differ in interviews I think this will be their last full-scale tour. After that they'll get a well deserved vacation and at least Richard will be working on some solo stuff. Since a new album takes a lot of time for Rammstein, it won't be until 2014 that we will get to see a major release or tour, I suppose. So fasten your seatbelts and enjoy what's one of their best tours since they first started out.

Ryan
12-10-2011, 01:55 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382994_148710938565683_100002803337246_152229_2700 03179_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390765_148711041899006_100002803337246_152231_1172 580600_n.jpg

Ryan
12-10-2011, 06:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqWWlK7_0w

Conan The Barbarian
12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
great pics and vid there ryan. I cannot wait till spring.

Ryan
12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw28cvtdIg1qeha15o1_500.jpg

Ryan
12-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Paul about the upcoming tour in America: “If I tell you, there won’t be any surprises… all I can say is, we tried to incorporate a good mix of all of our work. The band is really enjoying what we are doing and it’s kind of scary how well everything is going. We are looking forward to the American audience”.

cahernandez
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I got 1 Floor ticket for the show in Houston on Friday May 25th, at the Toyota Center. I won't be able to go (going to the one in Vancouver instead), so I'm selling it at face value (107.5 USD, fees included). PM me if you want it.

Conan The Barbarian
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I really hope they play buck dich here in the states.

ManBurning
12-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Paul about the upcoming tour in America: “If I tell you, there won’t be any surprises… all I can say is, we tried to incorporate a good mix of all of our work. The band is really enjoying what we are doing and it’s kind of scary how well everything is going. We are looking forward to the American audience”.

I read that, but I highyl doubt they are changing up the set from how it is now. Maybe Paul just hasn't heard of a little thing called the internet yet, and that people share their concert experiences the next day and provide the setlist, lol. I mean, It would be neat if they gave America some surprises, but Rammstein are not known for changing up their show on different legs. The show I saw in 2010 in Quebec, was the EXACT same ones they did in the US 2011 tour.

Ryan
12-15-2011, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMU9sPIarqQ

dlb
12-15-2011, 07:45 AM
In case you guys haven't heard it yet: Deathstars will be supporting them for the second Euro leg in 2012 and by the looks of it will do the same for the US. Be prepared to spend some money on the bar while waiting for Rammstein to finally relieve you. ;)

ManBurning
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
In case you guys haven't heard it yet: Deathstars will be supporting them for the second Euro leg in 2012 and by the looks of it will do the same for the US. Be prepared to spend some money on the bar while waiting for Rammstein to finally relieve you. ;)

Is that an attack on deathstars? Lol
I'm actually hoping they do tour with them for the US leg. I think they are decent.
I mean hell of a lot better than combichrist, that's for sure!!

I'd much rather have touring support be Clawqfinger, or OOMPH! But they never seem to bring kick ass bands like that to North America.

Conan The Barbarian
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I really hope the deathstars do not support them down here in the us. I hope someone else will come in and support.

Ryan
12-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Mine just arrived from amazon with the "A/D" defect. I don't mind though really.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/379158_10150490794143713_540763712_8469191_1144480 428_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/378870_10150490794293713_540763712_8469193_1828139 912_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/390202_10150490794373713_540763712_8469194_1479463 391_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/407009_10150490794543713_540763712_8469196_1384915 926_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407493_10150490794648713_540763712_8469198_1177882 673_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/392075_10150490794713713_540763712_8469199_1293458 882_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/375310_10150490795083713_540763712_8469205_5596854 05_n.jpg

Ryan
12-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Bump for those who missed it -

Following dispatch of the MADE IN GERMANY 1995-2011 Super Deluxe Edition, we unfortunately became aware that part of the production run contains serious defects. If you discover one or more of these defects in your box, you can exchange the affected part of the box. Below is information on what to do.

1. Some CDs and DVDs were incorrectly sorted, leading to duplication of and/or missing DVD/CDs. Duplicate DVD/CDs can be exchanged.

2. The inner edges of the box have not been deburred and are therefore quite sharp. This was intentional on the part of Universal. Anyone who is bothered by this can also exchange the metal box itself.

3. On some of the boxes there is also evidence of marks and/or printing errors on the box packaging and the metal slipcase. If you discover this error, you can exchange your box or slipcase.

4. There is some evidence of stained cloths. The cloths are there to protect the contents from rust stains, and so are intended to be stained at a later point. Anyone bothered by the current stains can have the cloth exchanged.

5. RAMMSTEIN had intended a different binding to be used on the 240-page photo book, one that allows the book to be opened more easily and lets the photos flow into each other cleanly. The book will therefore be reprinted to the appropriate standard and anyone who wants to can exchange the book.

As it currently stands, the Super Deluxe Edition in no way meets the standard of quality which was desired by RAMMSTEIN and assured by the manufacturer. RAMMSTEIN has carefully followed the entire production process; the above errors appeared in the few areas which are outside the control of the band.

Universal Music is therefore immediately offering anyone who purchased a defective Super Deluxe Edition the opportunity to exchange any faulty components, postage free, and has pledged to correct the defects quickly and without any fuss.

Anyone wishing to avail of this offer should please send an email, specifying the defect, to the following address:

According to Universal, you will immediately receive further information on the processing of the exchange.

Universal has said that the exchange and shipping of the correct CD/DVDs and/or photo book will take place as quickly as possible. As the components now have to be produced again, the exchange may take several weeks. Please notify your defects to Universal as soon as possible, as Universal has only agreed to take the items back until March 15th 2012.

We regret the inconvenience and are very irritated that our agreements and specifications were not complied with by Universal and their suppliers.

Ryan
12-22-2011, 01:21 AM
hehe

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgamwZ661qcy7lqo1_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgb5MwxR1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgbvmCcM1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgc6O0kh1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgcfbl4e1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwlgcpNeem1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
12-23-2011, 02:40 PM
hey ryan what was your defect? I just got my Mein Land single in the mail today. I should be getting my box on the 27th.

Ryan
12-26-2011, 03:43 AM
The A and D almost not showing:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/378870_10150490794293713_540763712_8469193_1828139 912_n.jpg

seasonsinthesky
12-26-2011, 01:32 PM
am i the only one who looks at this package for Made in Germany and asks why anyone would spend money on that? i enjoy the band too, but i really don't see the price justified whatsoever.

ManBurning
12-26-2011, 02:18 PM
am i the only one who looks at this package for Made in Germany and asks why anyone would spend money on that? i enjoy the band too, but i really don't see the price justified whatsoever.

Yep, you are the only one. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while now, but I refuse to order one on the internet, I want to do it the old school way, where you walk into a music store, go to the rammstein (or box set) section, see it, freak out, and purchase it. Don't worry, one day it'll happen. That' s how I found "Original Singles Kollection" back in the day, that was a good day.

The booklet itself is worth the purchase price.

EDIT: maybe they'll be nice and they will sell the box set on their upcoming made in germany North America leg of the tour, one can always hope!

Conan The Barbarian
12-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Nope only 22000 were made and America only got about 2000 or so. I got mine off Barnes and noble.com its still available.

NotoriousTIMP
12-26-2011, 07:06 PM
How much were these box sets?

Ryan
12-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Mine is starting to show the intended rust/oxidising effects now. Looks pretty cool.

Conan The Barbarian
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM

I paid 162 on barnes and noble.com. on amazon and ebay are going for way more.

opal
12-27-2011, 03:24 AM
I ordered my Deluxe MIG, but my store apparently never got enough of them to deliver one for me, or so it seems ... Damn!!

The best thing about the Deluxe version must be the DVD with all the Making of's. I can live without the remixes CD.

LaneSax
12-27-2011, 04:35 AM
my box came with a faded A and D but I am just glad the contents are there. I can't complain either, I managed to score a free copy from Amazon UK after they made an error with my order.

I was curious to see which version of Pussy the dvd would have as well, looks like an edited version but with some nudity still there.

[73]
12-27-2011, 05:47 AM
The cheapest price I saw was at Amazon for $118.76 on November 13th. The price jumped to $143.99 on November 15th.

dlb
12-27-2011, 06:00 AM
I kept the book and sold my (perfect condition) box set for about 100$ and got the limited edition of Völkerball with the photo book instead (sealed, 45$) and couldn't be happier. I only had the regular DVD for all these years and waited for the price of the big edition to drop.

I couldn't make out a huge different in sound with the remastered songs and the making ofs on MiG95-11 are basically all available on the Lichtspielhaus DVD and youtube already, while the "unreleased" making ofs are just interview-style commentaries. Some good stuff on there and I love those guys to talk and ramble on, but not really worth the 100€ I initially paid for the box.

on a side-note:
The planned DVD from New York and Montreal is indefinately postponed, as the band's management had nothing to say about this "right now". (source: German Metal Hammer)

slave2thewage
12-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that DVD's replaced by one from the Made in Germany tour instead.

dlb
12-27-2011, 08:04 AM
let's hope so. :)

although a lot of people will be pissed that the setlist's too similar to their earlier DVDs. but maybe the LIFAD songs will be added as bonus.

LaneSax
12-27-2011, 08:18 AM
;11607']The cheapest price I saw was at Amazon for $118.76 on November 13th. The price jumped to $143.99 on November 15th.
Amazon UK had a typo on the price and sold it for like USD$72 and ended up not being able fulfill most of the pre-orders.

[73]
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info, LaneSax. I've spent so much money on deluxe editions in the past. If TGWTDT deluxe edition wasn't produced, then I would have purchased this Rammstein deluxe edition. I probably should have purchased this instead of the $300 TGWTDT deluxe edition. I have a feeling I would get greater enjoyment from this box set especially the photo book.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Ryan.

seasonsinthesky
12-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I kept the book and sold my (perfect condition) box set for about 100$ and got the limited edition of Völkerball with the photo book instead (sealed, 45$) and couldn't be happier. I only had the regular DVD for all these years and waited for the price of the big edition to drop.

I couldn't make out a huge different in sound with the remastered songs and the making ofs on MiG95-11 are basically all available on the Lichtspielhaus DVD and youtube already, while the "unreleased" making ofs are just interview-style commentaries. Some good stuff on there and I love those guys to talk and ramble on, but not really worth the 100€ I initially paid for the box.
exactly. there really isn't anything worth the price. if the second disc were full of unreleased or rare material compiled, that could maybe bring up the payoff, but ultimately you pay $120+ for a booklet and some featurettes about making the music videos. everything else is old hat.

Ryan
12-30-2011, 12:18 AM
I sent back the part missing the "A" and "D" today and the booklet for replacement. The rest ist gut.

Conan The Barbarian
12-30-2011, 02:54 PM
let us know when you get it back. Mine is missing the "A" and im sort of hesitant in sending the book since I will be moving soon.

Ryan
12-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Someone at Herzeleid.com posted this yesterday:

"I received my new box and slip case. No more sharp edges and missing letters/numbers. Very good service from Universal. They will send me the revised book later and they are transferring the refund for the shipping directly to my bank account."

ManBurning
12-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Someone at Herzeleid.com posted this yesterday:

"I received my new box and slip case. No more sharp edges and missing letters/numbers. Very good service from Universal. They will send me the revised book later and they are transferring the refund for the shipping directly to my bank account."

speaking of herzeleid.com, can you tell the admins there to check the e-mail and approve registrations. I got locked out of the forums 2 months ago because I decided to update my profile, I had an old outdated e-mail from back when I registered in 2001, so I added a new e-mail, not thinking it was going to need me to go into that e-mail and verify my identity. Now I try and log in and I get a message saying "your e-mail has not been verified, please resend activation code. And I do, and when I click it, I get an e-mail that says "thanks for registering, a member of our admin team will review your request shortly" shortly? That was 2 months ago, and I was already a member for 10 years!!!! Urgh... They don't reply to their e-mails, i've sent them e-mails on the main site asking them to look into it, and they never do.

Let me know what info I need to provide to the admins, my username there is ManBurning (big surprise)

Ryan
12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
PMed one of the admins for ya.

Ryan
12-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Why do people feel the need to do crap like this? I mean really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7Y3lSDODI

Damn you got me.

-The guitar track is my own

-The other channels were slightly freq shifted individually

-The final product was mixed and exported as a very low quality file

-The tracks were obtained from the leaked Waidmann's Hail multitrack

WildAbra 3 months ago

Ryan
12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dgYVTpWtU

Ryan
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Simply breathtaking.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/394949_10150509334278713_540763712_8554015_1715374 446_n.jpg

LaneSax
12-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Haha good spot Ryan, I noticed other typos as well in the dvd's subtitles but none as funny as that! Zoran loves the word Super too.

I must say I kinda like Paul Landers more after watching the Making Of's.

Conan The Barbarian
12-31-2011, 03:49 PM
I tried to sign up to herzeleid but got denied.

Is that place a place to hate on the band? Been hearing conflicting reports

Ryan
12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Not really, just a handful of people there are assholes.

theburningreptile
12-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Any talks of them releasing a live album/DVD/Blu-ray? I HOPE SO. :D

Ryan
12-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Been lots of talk, nothing materialised though.

Latest news is they have shot a video for Mein Herz Brennt. Not sure if it will get a physical release, but it seems likely.

Jon
12-31-2011, 11:55 PM
how long have you been a member of the Herzeleid.com forums, Ryan?

I had an account a few years ago, lost the information, and have been denied (new) membership for damn near 2 years now.

Ryan
01-01-2012, 01:42 AM
I registered on September 19, 2009.

Ryan
01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/379158_10150490794143713_540763712_8469191_1144480 428_n.jpg

Here is how my "rust effect" is now looking:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/379540_10150512768983713_540763712_8574621_8205710 43_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/385439_10150512769038713_540763712_8574622_4308972 87_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406465_10150512769098713_540763712_8574623_1319686 58_n.jpg

BenAkenobi
01-02-2012, 02:37 AM
will it decompose completely? :D

dlb
01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
it's been a month now and while the rest is perfect like it should be mine is not starting to rust at all. :D

Jon
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Anyone out there have the iTunes pdf for "Liebe..." and the two for "Made In Germany"?

I have the ones for Pussy, Ich Tu Dir Weh, Haifisch and Mein Land if you're missing those :)

seasonsinthesky
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
^ yes please! all PDFs ahoy!

do any of the other albums have them up? Mutter, et al?

dlb
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I got the LIFAD one and would like some "Mein Land" and "MiG95-11". ;)

iTunes doesn't list any digital booklets pre-LIFAD.

on another note: does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Mutter tour book? I wouldn't mind a digital one either. just when I wanted to finally buy it from the official R+ shop it vanished and no one seems to have it. all I got is a handful of photos within the Mutter limited tour edition. :(

Jon
01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I'll more than likely give in at some point and buy both versions of MIG on iTunes just for the booklets (I know, I know)

dlb and seasonsinthesky, you should both have PM's

Conan The Barbarian
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I would also like some pdf booklets. I could up a special rammstein show for you guys, that isnt that rare, but nice to have. pre mutter era music for the win.

Ryan
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Anyone out there have the iTunes pdf for "Liebe..." and the two for "Made In Germany"?

I need those 3 as well.

Conan The Barbarian
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht

http://www.mediafire.com/?pliafr254n66kyz

( this isnt anything official or anything. so it shouldnt break any rules. )

and my box has very very little rust. grrr

Ryan
01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/399448_10150500261554660_244632514659_8726432_1007 160090_n.jpg

Ryan
01-03-2012, 03:40 AM
According to my YouTube statistics, "Total Upload Views:
1,644,225". That's great and all, but I still maintain that this is my best recording (due to its energy, never mind some of the minor shakiness). It only has 1,045 views, give it some love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueobmcg39Vk&fmt=22

dlb
01-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht

http://www.mediafire.com/?pliafr254n66kyz

( this isnt anything official or anything. so it shouldnt break any rules. )

and my box has very very little rust. grrr

that's a really cool and interesting boot to have!

is this the "cleaned up" version or the one that's floating around ever since?

Till's voice somehow comes of way to high in this which kinda ruins this gig for me, but it's nice to hear
some early versions of Mutter-songs. :)

LaneSax
01-03-2012, 08:20 AM
wow i did not expect the box to rust that quick! Mine has a few dots of rust.

Conan The Barbarian
01-03-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm sure its just the one that's been around. If you find the cleaned up version let me know.

dlb
01-03-2012, 09:00 AM
apparently this guy is working on fixing the tracks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLTsaJ-VOT0

the Mutter tour (much like NINs TDS-era) still reminds me of how fortunate we are today with our HD cameras and phones. getting real good concert footage from 10 years ago is a pain in the ass!

Jon
01-03-2012, 09:33 AM
This (http://www.mediafire.com/?i31knbh54fd6bxq) one has been floating around on Rammclan.ru for awhile, but it just sounds like a transcode to me. See what you guys think; I have a ruptured eardrum at the moment so I can't exactly put on the headphones.

dlb
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
it's ridicoulus how many versions with different bitrates are floating around for this gig, but they all sound the same. your link provides the same version (sound wise) as the one that I have, only difference is mine's clocking in at approx. 80mb.

I also wonder why no other rehearsal shows have surfaced. not even photos. so the Knaack gigs stays a legend. :P

Conan The Barbarian
01-03-2012, 11:41 AM
What I would have love to be in included in mig was a spot of making of's on the shows. Would love to know how much planning and effort goes in them.

Wonder who's idea it was for the birth intro to some of those mutter shows. One of the best ways to open up a show.

DVYDRNS
01-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I randomly decided to buy 3 tickets to the anaheim show..

Ryan
01-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Official tour trailer 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQgNVj1vKQ

Ryan
01-05-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjn4hjF6e0

Conan The Barbarian
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
I hope this tour gets the advertisement it deserves. While working, I talk to my customers while making the coffee and they get shocked when I tell them that rammstein is coming. I hope I helped sell some tix right there.

ManBurning
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the local papers here aren't publishing any info on the show here either, seems like tickets are being sold based on word of mouth.

cahernandez
01-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey guys, sorry to bother you with this again: I got 1 Floor ticket for the show in Houston on Friday May 25th, at the Toyota Center. I won't be able to go because I recently moved to WA (I'm going to the Tacoma show, instead), so I'm selling my ticket at LESS than face value (it cost me 107.5 USD but I'm selling at 70 bucks). It's an electronic ticket, so you'd need a Flash Seats account and I would transfer the ticket to you. For the transfer I'd need your First and Last name, and the email associated with the account.

In other things, I recently bought the deluxe edition of Made in Germany...maybe I'll save some more money and get the super deluxe edition (one day...)

Jon
01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
just picked up this (http://rammstein.darkster.nl/site_1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=405&Itemid=67) baby from a local record store for 11.99 used. The best part, it's about NM+, absolutely no marks anywhere on the digipak

Conan The Barbarian
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I want to buy the ultra deluxe version, just to have the second audio cd

Jon
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Just doing a little bit of compiling for the people on our side of the pond that may be wanting info on shows over in Europe and what we can probably expect here. I'll go ahead and spoiler it because I like big black boxes in my posts. If you are interested in seeing audio and/or video from all the MIG shows played so far, I recommend signing up at rammclan.ru (yes, it's in russian but very easy to navigate).

Intro
02. Sonne
03. Mein Land
04. Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen?
05. Keine Lust
06. Sehnsucht
07. Asche Zu Asche
08. Feuer Frei!
09. Mutter
10. Du Reichst So Gut
11. Links 2-3-4
12. Du Hast
13. Haifisch
-------------------------------
14. Bück Dich
15. Mann Gegen Mann
16. Ohne Dich
17. Mein Herz Brennt
18. Amerika
19. Ich Will
20. Engel
21. Pussy
Outro

• shows have been almost exactly 2 hours (1 hr, 59 mins. - 2 hrs., 2 mins,)
• the exact same songs were played at the 10/31/2011 rehearsal, with the only difference being song order after "Ohne Dich"

Ryan
01-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Mein Land was only played at the rehearsals.

opal
01-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Pretty sure they haven't played 03 in your list.

EDIT: Ryan'd

dlb
01-09-2012, 03:23 AM
if you'd like to see the full show in decent quality then check out this guy on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8D23201B0AD81C6B&feature=plcp) since he recorded almost everything in Berlin in November '11. ;)

Jon
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM
haha my bad... i meant mein teil... thanks peeps

Jon
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
if you'd like to see the full show in decent quality then check out this guy on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8D23201B0AD81C6B&feature=plcp) since he recorded almost everything in Berlin in November '11. ;) they have all of these and more on rammclan.ru (I do believe)... I have yet to go through all of the video as I'm mostly an audio guy

Example: I hope you all can see this (http://www.rammclan.ru/forum/32-943-1)

slave2thewage
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Where the hell do I find audio on Rammclan? All I can see are video links.

dlb
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
they have all of these and more on rammclan.ru (I do believe)... I have yet to go through all of the video as I'm mostly an audio guy

Example: I hope you all can see this (http://www.rammclan.ru/forum/32-943-1)

I know, I just wanted to point out a good bootleg for those not wanting to scroll through the whole site and eager to see something worthwhile. ;)

Jon
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Where the hell do I find audio on Rammclan? All I can see are video links.

register and it's all in the forums... most of it is in Russian but "Audio", "HD Video" and "Non-HD Video" stand out :)

Edit: Everything has its own subforum

Edit 2: (sorry for big picture)
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6042/rammclanru.jpg

Edit 3: (last one I swear) If you don't want to deal with rammclan.ru, alot of the lossless audio recordings on rammclan.ru are obtained from dimeadozen.org

slave2thewage
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm on a sucky connection right now, so I'm looking for an mp3 recording of a MiG tour show. Which they don't seem to have. Bah.

Conan The Barbarian
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM
everytime I download off the rammclan site, the hosting site never finishes my download. anyone have any trouble like this?

Jon
01-11-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm on a sucky connection right now, so I'm looking for an mp3 recording of a MiG tour show. Which they don't seem to have. Bah.

pick a show, any show with audio... i'll convert it for you (as long as it's lossless of course, i'm not into converting mp3's and youtube rips)

Edit: Nevermind, I'm in the process of doing 11.21.2011 from Friedrichshafen, Germany.... i'll post later

Jon
01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5608/20111121rothaushalle.jpg
Rammstein
November 21, 2011
Friedrichshafen, Germany
Rothaus Halle

• Originally posted on dimeadozen.org
• I was not the one who recorded or originally posted this show
• I fixed sector boundary errors, created custom album art, and did all of the tagging
• I did the encoding to Apple Lossless, FLAC, and MP3
• This is an overall excellent audience recording (tracking is pretty accurate as well)
• Please do not post this to any torrent sites or bootleg-sharing communities, this is for "personal" use only

Apple Lossless (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI2PW53E)
FLAC (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=71UIYUSH)
MP3 320 CBR (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSE3WAEK)

Miscellanous Information* (http://www.mediafire.com/?3l15bwgeakzdj74)

* I forgot to include this information originally and did not want to re-upload the encodings. This has screenshots of the amplitude statistics for each song.

Conan The Barbarian
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
hell yeah just won the Stripped single for way less than what its been asked for online.

BenAkenobi
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
i'm new to that russian site but i can help translating whatever you guys find trouble navigating through

Jon
01-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm looking for lossless recordings (and only lossless) from the "Made In Germany" tour; I realize it's still on-going...

This is what I have:

• 2011/11/15 - Gdańsk-Sopot, Poland (Ergo Arena)
• 2011/11/21 - Friedrichshafen, Germany (Rothaus Halle)
• 2011/12/09 - Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Festhalle)
• 2011/12/10 - Stuttgart, Germany (Schleyer-Halle)

BenAkenobi
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
(and only lossless)

huh? wouldn't you take mastered soundboard 192k mp3 over uncompressed wav from audience with noises/echoes?

Jon
01-13-2012, 05:56 AM
(and only lossless)

huh? wouldn't you take mastered soundboard 192k mp3 over uncompressed wav from audience with noises/echoes?

I actually "don't do" soundboards unless they are official; I like my audience noise. It's kind of like people who prefer the sound of vinyl, I guess.

I've never turned down a lossless soundboard recording, though. I do not collect lossy recordings (no matter the source).

--------------------------------------------------------

The "mastering" issue (especially with live recordings) is a double-edged sword.

Edit: Also, as far as I know most official live albums are matrix (soundboard and audience) sourced nowadays, anyway

seasonsinthesky
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
^ that's somewhat misleading, though. matrixing, in this particular sense, is a bootlegging term. the audience-level mics of an officially-recorded live gig for an album release aren't intended for bootlegging, and often are point at the audience anyway.

i get wanting to hear it like you were there, but that doesn't carry a whole lot of weight with me. why settle for less than the best possible quality? there have been some shining examples of the best of both worlds, though — there are at least two such Tool bootlegs, for instance (OKC 2002 being the champion).

Conan The Barbarian
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I think the ones you have Jon are the only ones available right now.

Ill keep a lookout but I'm sure we are on the same hunt. Ill pm when and if I find something.

Jon
01-16-2012, 07:23 AM
i get wanting to hear it like you were there, but that doesn't carry a whole lot of weight with me. why settle for less than the best possible quality?

You answered your own question :)

And your statement about matrixing (especially with Rammstein) is inaccurate. There was a strong push in the late 90's-early 2000's to go towards "matrixed" live recordings. Those mics pointed at the audience are almost ALWAYS used in some way nowadays. I'll admit up front that I listen to jambands (phish, the grateful dead, moe., etc.), so trust me when I say I'm not just your average bootleg person. If we're counting live recordings I have backed-up, there is well over 2000.

But that doesn't matter, this isn't a pissing contest (obviously). What I'm getting at is each recording has it's own characteristics, whether they be good, bad or indifferent. That's what interests me, not having "the best possible source".

Edit: Does anyone else have any other lossless recordings from the short North American leg in May of 2011? The ones I can find for the Mexico and Canada shows are mp3

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8281/ramma.jpg

Ryan
01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Efficient Germans are efficient.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407065_10150554649323713_540763712_8715999_1096906 045_n.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
how much was shipping?

Ryan
01-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Nothing, they reimburse you.

Conan The Barbarian
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
anyone a member of LIFAD/ I am having trouble loggin in and wondering if its the site or me.

Ryan
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM
lol, replacement clamp already showing signs of rust. Pretty cool.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406335_10150557587868713_540763712_8724319_1585182 243_n.jpg

Ryan
01-25-2012, 02:03 AM
lol, replacement clamp already showing signs of rust. Pretty cool.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406335_10150557587868713_540763712_8724319_1585182 243_n.jpg

The rust evolves...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400412_10150565452133713_540763712_8749792_1053830 966_n.jpg

dlb
01-25-2012, 02:25 AM
anyone a member of LIFAD/ I am having trouble loggin in and wondering if its the site or me.

no problems on my side.

Ryan
01-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Till's poem to Gert Hof, their lighting guy, etc, who died the other day:

http://gert-hof.de

dlb
01-27-2012, 05:47 AM
very sad to hear. not only his work for Rammstein was amazing! :(

from what I could gather he wasn't responsible for their latest tours tough due to illness.

Ryan
02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Apparently the set list was the same as on last tour for the show in Hannover.

Conan The Barbarian
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Good, lets hope it comes this way to the states.

Ryan
02-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Current rust-status of my Made In Germany box (video):

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150606822443713

Conan The Barbarian
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
mine still hasnt rusted that much, and I yet to mail in the faulty parts.

NotoriousTIMP
02-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I'd be a little upset if it started rusting on me. I hate to think how bad it's going to be a year from now

Sent from my RAZOR MAXX using Tapatalk.

Ryan
02-11-2012, 03:21 PM
It was designed to rust in the first place, so it's effectively doing what it's supposed to do.

NotoriousTIMP
02-12-2012, 02:27 AM
It was designed to rust in the first place, so it's effectively doing what it's supposed to do.

Oh really? Well, never mind then.....

Sent from my RAZOR MAXX using Tapatalk.

Ryan
02-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Yep, to make each copy unique. It only happens once its out of the shrinkwrap though.

Ryan
02-12-2012, 03:49 AM
According to Sven Helbig's Facebook page, he will play the piano for a new Rammstein single. This will probably be included on the Mein Herz Brennt single along with the upcoming Mein Herz Brennt music video.

BenAkenobi
02-12-2012, 04:38 AM
a single for an old song? pfff...

Ryan
02-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Mein Herz Brennt is the only song on Made In Germany that isn't a single, so yeah, they're back-tracking and making a video and single from a 2001 song.

Funny how every song after that up to Mutter on the album was a single too.

Ryan
02-12-2012, 05:36 AM
They did Moskau live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf-sbM7-8OU

fillow
02-12-2012, 05:41 AM
That isn't new for them at all. They did Du Riecht So Gut '98 (second single for a '95 song) and also Asche zu Asche single in 2001 (I believe it was for self-promotion in Australia before their appearance at 2001 BDO)

BenAkenobi
02-12-2012, 06:45 AM
i'd take that over Feuer frei actually, but ummm..not these days. fortunately, i chose not to collect all their stuff
//just a loud thought, don't bother to reply

Ryan
02-13-2012, 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYj0eoC4Mc&feature=youtu.be

Ryan
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Till taking beer from a fan.... LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgZnPbiI-o

ManBurning
02-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Anyone have the Limited Edition Volkerball tour book? Is it worth it? I found it at Amoeba music in Hollywood, CA but it was going for $50 and sealed in plastic so I couldn't take a look inside. I passed it up and have since returned home. I tried researching the book online and found next to no info on it, or it's value. From what I gathered, it was a photo book of black and white only photos from that tour of fans and them putting on make-up before the show.... (least those are the only shots of this book I could find online).

So I keep asking myself if I made the right choice by passing this book up. Anyone have it?
For anyone that doesn't and if you live in the Los Angeles area, head down to Amoeba Music on Sunset BLVD and it's yours for $50.

Ryan
02-17-2012, 03:56 AM
How can you find next to nothing on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkerball

Limited 'tourbook' edition: 4 disc set

1 DVD, 140min concert footage filmed in: Nîmes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nîmes), Tokyo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo), London (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London), and Moscow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow)
2 Audio CDs, the entire live-audio-recording of the concert in Nîmes (105 minutes, dead airs were edited)
1 DVD, 90min documentary: Anaconda in the Net and Reise, Reise: The Making of the Album
190 page special numbered tour-photobook (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photobook) (27 cm x 31 cm),
Only 40,000 copies were produced, each one marked with a unique serial number.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=831138

http://www.discogs.com/Rammstein-Völkerball-Limited-Edition/release/831138

Notes▼

Contains sticker-numbered 190 page "earbook" (hard-back book containing pictures inteded to be watched while listening to the CDs) with black & white photos from the 2004-2005 "Reise, Reise Tour".
Sticker on front says:
Limited Edition
Rammstein Live!
Welttour
190 seiten Bildband zur Tour
2 DVDs / 2 CDs
140 Min. Video
105 Min. Audio
Zzgl. 90 Min. Dokumentationen
Frankreich, Japan, Russland, England.
Track CD2-11 is Scala & Kolacny Brothers' cover version of "Engel", performed live by the choir.
Audio CDs mixed at Big Island Sound, mastered at The Cutting Room.

Conan The Barbarian
02-17-2012, 07:56 AM
You can buy it from their Webstore

dlb
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I posted earlier that I sold my Made in Germany box-set and got the Völkerball Tourbook-Edition instead. Personally I'm more than happy with it and the book looks really nice (the 4 CDs are put in a plastic frame behind the cover)! The photos are all b/w and feature as you said the band, the crew and the fans alike. Lots of nice pictures, but most of them (especially from R+ themselves) can be seen all around the web so there's not much to discover. 50$ comapred to the far too expensive MIG box-set are a good deal IMHO if you're a fan of the band and enjoy high quality tourbooks.

The 2001 tourbook still remains a holy grail for me as I can't find a place where I could get hold of it. And to this day I'm kicking myself for not ordering it, when it was approx. 20$ on their merch-store.... :(

Ryan
02-17-2012, 07:38 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzk79uQCCz1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffbRJyADRQ&sns=em

Ryan
02-17-2012, 08:21 PM
From the Facebook page of Sven Helbig

.................................................. ................

On the next RAMMSTEIN single, I will play piano and Till Lindemann sings. I am not allowed to tell the name of the song yet

Unfortunately, I just can say it´s a great song. @Mickaël: It´s not like the orchestra versions by Torsten Rasch. It´s a piano arrangement of the song. Till singing with the piano is really thrilling and overwhelming!

ManBurning
02-17-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffbRJyADRQ&sns=em

Hmm... not a very personable bunch!
They didn't say anything or even look at the girl. Then again, she was filming them.

Ryan
02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Hmm... not a very personable bunch!
They didn't say anything or even look at the girl. Then again, she was filming them.

Much more personable here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JxwV4JM04

Conan The Barbarian
02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Hope I can meet them.

cahernandez
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Hope I can meet them.

Are there any meet and greets arranged for the North American tour?

Conan The Barbarian
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
livenation and revolver mag is giving them away. nothing for club members and such. which really pisses me off. I feel like Lamb of god is the only band that can do the fan club shit right.

Conan The Barbarian
02-29-2012, 07:18 PM
the replacement books have started shipping out.

ManBurning
02-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Are there any meet and greets arranged for the North American tour?

Here is the contest link for meet and greet for the USA shows.

http://www.revolvermag.com/contests/win-rammstein-tickets-and-meet-and-greet-the-band.html

Ryan
03-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Pictures of Rammstein arriving at their Manchester hotel.

http://www.cozycot.com/enews/article/The-German-band-Rammstein—-arrive-at-their-Manchester-Hotel—Whe-165822/photo/695053 (http://www.cozycot.com/enews/article/The-German-band-Rammstein---arrive-at-their-Manchester-Hotel--Whe-165822/photo/695053)

Very masculine bag there Flake.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m08zqrJJFb1qcy7lqo1_500.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
03-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Flake!!!! There are two hotels in a radius of two blocks from the bank Atlantic center. Wonder if ill run into them.

Ryan
03-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Go get photos and shit signed!

Ryan
03-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Lawsuit against Buck Dich in Russia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWx1L_aE45E&feature=youtu.be

dlb
03-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Wow, that Donaukinder Facebook page feels like its run by a 13-year old girl, but it's still good for fast information when something new is happening in the R+ camp.

Other than that I never thought I'd say that, but as much as I enjoyed the two shows I've been to last year (fuck! that was amazing to say at last) this tour gets pretty old as there is absolutely nothing new happening. That MIG project page is run over by lousy photoshops and the marketing campaign for the album seems stuck in a rut (no official happenings anymore like the Mausoleum in Berlin etc.) With NIN you never knew what to expect outside the regular setlist and it sure was a thrill to keep folling TR & Co through NIN access and all that jazz, but R+ tends to get pretty boring after a while. I hope that rumored "Mein Herz brennt" single hits us soon, so there's something to talk about. But oh well, that's not even a new song to begin with.

I don't know. Not to sound bitchy, but I think I'm pretty alone on this when talking to other R+ fans and it makes me realize how lucky we were when NIN (a band that truly knows how to incorporate the internet and social media a.k.a. the fans in their presentation) hit the road. Kinda miss that...

Ryan
03-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Wow, that Donaukinder Facebook page feels like its run by a 13-year old girl, but it's still good for fast information when something new is happening in the R+ camp.

Other than that I never thought I'd say that, but as much as I enjoyed the two shows I've been to last year (fuck! that was amazing to say at last) this tour gets pretty old as there is absolutely nothing new happening. That MIG project page is run over by lousy photoshops and the marketing campaign for the album seems stuck in a rut (no official happenings anymore like the Mausoleum in Berlin etc.) With NIN you never knew what to expect outside the regular setlist and it sure was a thrill to keep folling TR & Co through NIN access and all that jazz, but R+ tends to get pretty boring after a while. I hope that rumored "Mein Herz brennt" single hits us soon, so there's something to talk about. But oh well, that's not even a new song to begin with.

I don't know. Not to sound bitchy, but I think I'm pretty alone on this when talking to other R+ fans and it makes me realize how lucky we were when NIN (a band that truly knows how to incorporate the internet and social media a.k.a. the fans in their presentation) hit the road. Kinda miss that...

No, you're spot on. They could easily be shifting around at least 4 or 5 songs. End with something anthemic and poignant like Nebel. Play Vergiss Uns Nicht, or the majority of the latter half of Mutter like they did in 2001.

Seriously, ending on Pussy at every single show? A lot of variety could be incorporated. Hell, they only played Mein Land at the rehearsals and ditched it for the official shows. WTF!

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Paul did say there will be surprises for the us run. Which could mean Buck dich will be ditched :(.

dlb
03-04-2012, 09:09 AM
They ALWAYS claim there will be surprises, since none of them know about a thing called the internet, especially message boards and fan clubs it seems, so the fans already know about everything. Prohibiting setlist.fm to put up a setlist of your shows won't stop that either.

While I love this band and I've been following their career for more than 12 years now... hell I even had a great time talking to Richard at some point, I really have to say that they are the most unoriginal and creativity lacking band to ever grace my iPod when it comes to offering anything other than a proper concert. Yes, they pretty much outdo themselves with this tour and give us a great setlist with some rare songs (not too rare of course) and amazing effects (although none of them are new, just re-arranged and very well put together). Yet there's absolutely no fan service apart from some anachronistic signing sessions and aftershow meet & greets that rarely produce any benefit (interviews, information on upcoming stuff, etc.) for people that didn't get the chance to score a backstage pass.

Most of the time I try not to blame it on the guys themselves, but more on their management and especially Manuel Fialik. It just pisses me off, since there is so much to do and explore for this band. Rather than coming up with something really cool and interactive (not counting an overpriced box set and some dildos) they churn out the same old stuff year after year while altering it just a tiny little bit. They seem lightyears behind what everyone else does to incorporate the media into their presentation.

Why? Only because it still works and money keeps flowing (yeah, I'm guilty as well)? I just can't belive how unpersonal and way over their heads this band is, was and probably will always be. As amazing as the recent shows were I couldn't believe my eyes how blindly some people are whorshipping this band as the second coming of christ. I've never seen a merch table going out of stock so quickly and so many people walking home afterwards with a shiny orange R+ bag containing lackluster designed shirts and heavily overpriced posters. Stuff like that really killed the otherwise great experience for me.

I'm really just ranting and letting some steam off, since I've had several discussions with fans over the course of this tour and the last one in 2009, but please, the opportunities are almost neverending, yet none of them are taken. Still people (especially on those countless facebook groups) are behaving like this is the first band they've become a fan of and clinging onto every little piece that other bands would consider absolutely obligatory. No wonder you barely meet anyone who's seen them live and bought their CDs before 2004...

I like what I like about Rammstein, but I just can't ignore what really annoys me and the recent discussions in the Tool & Puscifer threads on Maynard's dick-ish behaviour towards his fans just let that pop back into my mind. Doesn't look like a german-thing to me anymore, which I was blaming it to be for some time.

Maybe I am a spoiled asshole for pointing these things out, but hell, it's like watching your best friend selling under value. I don't want them to hop into the audience and hug everyone or come up with some witty anecdotes, but please: Surprise us! I know you can!

[/BITCH-MODE OFF]

ManBurning
03-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Dlb, while I 100 percent agree with you and will back you up regarding the setlist not rotating and that being a major drag to following the tour and seeing how it progresses, I can actually see it from their prespective as well.

A show of their magnitude must cost A LOT. They have one of the greatest rock 'n roll shows known to man, I don't think anyone will argue that. But I think changing a song or two up for them would be difficult. I mean, sure something like pussy obviously would never be replaced, but there are slots that don't involve any pyrotechnics that could possibly be swapped out, but then they would have to change the lighting effects and such to go along with the change.

It can be done, it's not impossible. Artists have done it before, but it takes work. And like you said, something tells me these guys don't like putting in any extra effort to please their fans. While I love this band, you're right, they seem to care more about money and selling merch more than pleasing their fans.

I don't want to stray too far away from the original intent of this post, so I will conclude by saying that NIN really only started to change up their setlists durning the last 2 years of their touring cycle. If you recall, most of the With_teeth arena tour and the lights in the sky arena tour had a pretty set in stone setlist. And once again, its because those shows were such high in production value, they couldn't afford to change up evenn 1 song because certain things needed to be activated at certain times durning the show, they didn't want to risk of something going wrong and then everyone is standing around in the dark.

I think if they did a lower key club tour they would be more inclinded to change things up once in a while. This tour limits them a lot.

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Strong statement. But like you said its about production.

And it's not about them not caring for fans, they do. Look at the recall on the mig box set. They also are incredibly nice to fans when they run into them.

They are offering a show to everyone, with a few goodies for certain countries. Maybe they want everyone to experience the show equally. Now if you been to more than show, then I could see your disappointment. But honestly to change up setlists for a handful of fans is kinda asking to much.

aggroculture
03-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I saw Rammstein about a year ago and it was a crushing disappointment. My seat was at the back. There were no screens showing what was happening onstage. I, and everyone else not at the front, could thus not see a thing. I will thus be giving this tour a miss. Still can't believe Rammstein would pull such a stupid dick move.

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
How is that their fault? You paid for the cheap seats. How big was the venue?

aggroculture
03-04-2012, 02:13 PM
An arena. I don't recall seeing an arena show that did not use the screens. I can only assume that it was the band's decision to not use them. It sucked to sit there and miss all of the visuals.

dlb
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Don't get me wrong. The shows are still a thrill and I'd take any chance to see them again on this tour, if I haven't made that clear already. Even with the same setlist, since I enjoyed it twice and I'll enjoy it again. And you guys are right that every fan should get to experience it the same way as others have.

My only real complaint still remaining is the over the top self confidence these guys and some of their (mainly younger) fans have. I've seen a lot of shows and I've seen some really big arena shows aswell (Roger Waters being the last one) so I' won't say that R+ shows are the best shows to ever be witnessed by men. Among the best? Definitely! THE best? A subject of taste... Every show, big or small takes a lot of work, logistics and effort. Rammstein are certainly no miracle that no one is able to compete with. German punctuality aside.

To me there's just nothing else to the Rammstein experience anymore besides a concert and that's what's bugging me the most. They've become a product (a good one I have to admit) more and more, leaving creativity to others and cashing in on early successes while doing only what is necessary to remain relevant. I'm missing the fun of being a fan with having something worthwhile to collect, look out for and look forward to.

But don't let the fun be taken from you because of me complaining. It's just me being bitter, my love/hate relationship that I'm having since 2004 and me expecting a little bit more from a band this big. That's all. I'm sure they'll bring the show to the US in full effect, just like the last time and even better, so enjoy! ;)

Meanwhile I really hope the new video will do a great song justice even if it's 10 years old by now. And who knows, maybe we'll get a IMHO good b-side like "Vergiss uns nicht" again (see, they CAN do it!). :p

dlb
03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I saw Rammstein about a year ago and it was a crushing disappointment. My seat was at the back. There were no screens showing what was happening onstage. I, and everyone else not at the front, could thus not see a thing. I will thus be giving this tour a miss. Still can't believe Rammstein would pull such a stupid dick move.

That sucks! Personally I prefer having seats at a Rammstein show than having floor tickets, but too far is too far. That's why I gave up on the opportunity to visit a friend in Manchester since there were only shitty seats way in the back available.

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
i think that once Rammstein goes away for a few years after this tour and come out fresh with a new album, that feeling will probably return to ya. I mean they have been in the spot light for these past 2-3 years now.

My first time seeing rammstein ever was just last year since they never came to Florida. ( I had to fly to LA to see them.) I have been a fan since Sehnsucht and seeing them live last year was like no other I have ever seen.

How many Rammstein shows have you been to? Could your feelings be because you have seen them live a bunch of times?

dlb
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, the concerts are still a highlight each and every time. My frustration with Rammstein has pretty much nothing to do with their live incarnation. I've seen them twice in 2004, once in 2009 and twice in 2011. Before that I was too young to attend a concert. Last time I saw them I drove 6 hours to Berlin and drove back the next day. So yeah, I really enjoy seeing them live! Of course they could change some things up from time to time, but then again: They're not sitting on nearly as much material as bands like NIN, Radiohead, QOTSA or any other band with a lot of records and a long history of collaborations etc. So I understand that there's not much variety and I won't really bitch about that.

But apart from the amazing shows pretty much everything they do nowadays bores the hell out of me. That's what I'm trying to get across and that's something that never actually happened to me with any other band I like. And now I'm finished on that subject. :P

ManBurning
03-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I still stand behind my production value statement as to why the setlist doesn't change, but what I don't understand is why the setlist doesn't change for different legs of the tour. The setlist has been exactly the same since the Fall 2011 leg. You figure they would at least keep the same formula for the bulk of the show and maybe change up 1-2 songs when they hit a new leg. I'm hoping for at least a different change for the American leg.

Actually wait, you know what? All this talk just made me realize, they DID change up a song recently... in Moskau! When they went to Russia not too long ago they actually played the song "moskau" instead of something else. Hmm... guess they are able to change up their set, they just don't want to, unless that was just an exception.

It is rather bizarre that Mein Land hasn't made an appearance though, that's one one new track that should be backing this whole tour up.
The setist is drastically different from their last USA tour, so even if there are no changes, i'll be happy. I saw them twice last year on 2 of their california dates, and the set was exactly identical, back to front. However, this bothered me a tad at the time because the year before that I saw them live in 2010 in Quebec at the hydro quebec festival in Canada, the set that night was the exact same and identical set that they did on the USA tour in 2011. That was a tad dissappointing. They carried that LIFAD setlist for like 3 years solid.

However, once you do attend a Rammstein show, the feeling dissappears completly. I mean, it's one thing to read a setlist online and maybe watch a youtube video, but NOTHING compares to being at the actual show. Feeling the fire, hearing the music, seeing the crowd, feeing the energy. THAT is what a Rammstein show is all about, and they could play anything really and it would be a great show.

if you see more than one show, I find that feeling tends to slip away the more you see the same show. For instance: When I saw the 2010 LIFAD show, it was the first time seeing that show (I saw the 2001 mutter before that), and I was blown away by the 2010 performance. i wanted more, I wasn't satisfied with the 1 show...

So, the announcement came a year later, Rammstein are returning to America for a 13 date trek! Holy fuck, time to see them AGAIN? a second time exactly 1 year later? Wow... I'll take it! to my surprise, it was the EXACT same show, EXACT same setlist. But, It was a year since I saw the show, so to me, it still seemed fresh, even though it was the same show from the year before. However, I went to a 2nd show on that tour 2 nights after the first. This time I was in seats (Had general admission floor the first night). Now what I discovered was, it was not only the exact same show front to back, but... I foudn myself not enjoying it as much. It was good, and nice to get a different prespective, but... something was missing and I wasn't sure if it was the fact I literally just saw the same show 2 nights before... but the show was losing it's magic.

That being said, I am now (once again) attending 2 shows on the upcoming American tour. Vancouver on May 13th and Tacoma on may 14th...
I have heavily contemplating not going to the Tacoma show at all. Just because I have the same setup as last year... Vancouver is floor, tacoma is seats.
Will I be just as bored if I see the same show again from a different prespective? Maybe I should let my Rammstein concert expreince die on a GOOD note at the Vancouver show and scrap the Tacoma one, knowing I might not appreciate it as well...

Hmm... decisions, decisions...

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Ill tell you what, I dont know if you want things spoiled, even though its the internet. But since Ill be attending the first two shows of the us tour, would you guys want any updates on set lists changes?

ManBurning
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I'll probably just stay away from this thread like the plague when the USA tour hits. I've somehow managed to not 100% spoil the upcoming puscifer show for myself. usually I am the first to run to the internet and check out the setlists when the tours start, but latley i've been trying to take a different approach, key word "try", haha.

I always wonder what it would be like to attend the first show on a tour and just be 100% surprised. You literally don't know what's coming next! And that almost happened to me w/ NIN in 2008... Their first date on the LITS tour was The Pemberton festival in Pemberton, BC and I was all ready to go experience the first NIN show of the tour and be surprised... and then all of a sudden 2 nights before the show, some secret LA rehearsal show setlist leaked onto the 'net, and me not being able to control myself took a gander and thus, the night was spoiled, LOL.

But feel free to carry on with reviewing the show and writing whatever you want! Don't let me stand in your way. Of course, like you said... this is the internet, if you don't spoil the setlist, someone else probably will somewhere else. Especially since I get all those Donaukinder (http://www.facebook.com/donaukinderlifad) updates on my facebook, they're bound to tell us any secrets that happen as the tour progresses.

But, an update on the merchandise they are selling is always nice. :)

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 10:22 PM
hopefully they get some good sized shirts. those 2x's are like smalls on me.

Ryan
03-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Replacement book arrived today. At last, back to its former glory.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/422742_10150663102498713_540763712_9040412_5745358 67_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/424425_10150663102603713_540763712_9040413_2680394 64_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/431235_10150663102678713_540763712_9040414_1965619 545_n.jpg

dlb
03-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Since I kept mine and sold the box without the book: Is the binding really an improvement and worth the wait? I'm quite happy with the book as is.

On another note: I'll hit the gym today and bring some Rammstein with me. I have yet to find something better to get me pumped. So there you go, I'm a fan after all, just dissapointed at times. ;)

Ryan
03-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Since I kept mine and sold the box without the book: Is the binding really an improvement and worth the wait? I'm quite happy with the book as is.

On another note: I'll hit the gym today and bring some Rammstein with me. I have yet to find something better to get me pumped. So there you go, I'm a fan after all, just dissapointed at times. ;)

It's much nicer, I'll quote someone from Herzeleid. Also, Rammstein is exactly what I use to work out to as well.

Quote from: Ryan. on February 29, 2012, 12:54:19 AM (http://herzeleid.com/forums/index.php?topic=32184.msg1209969#msg1209969)
Apparently it's supposed to be easier to open without creasing the spine or the photos or something like that?

Yeah, it's a binding process called lay flat. This would make the spread photos look nicer. Example here: http://www.finishlinebinderies.com/layflatadhesive.htm

I decided to keep my original book since I don't expect to leave any spread open to gaze at. Book looks nice, no rusting on the box (yet) and all media is fine.

Besides, I'm impatient and didn't want to go through the mailing process.

slave2thewage
03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
More LIFAD demo leaks apparently?

Conan The Barbarian
03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Where did you see that?

slave2thewage
03-05-2012, 10:14 AM
rammlied (demo)
legion (ich tu dir weh demo)
ich tu dir weh (demo)
waidmann (waidmanns heil demo)
haifisch (demo)
bückstabü (demo)
frühling in paris (demo)
seid bereit (wiener blut demo)
panterra (pussy demo)
was ich liebe (rassmus)
pussy (demo)
augen zu (liebe ist für alle da demo)
liebe ist für alle da (promo)
mehr (demo)
roter sand (demo)
führe mich (demo)
donaukinder (instrumental demo)
donaukinder (demo)
halt (demo)
mein land (instrumental demo)
mein land (keyboard solo demo)
mein land (demo)
gib mir augen (demo, někdy označováno jako sirene)
schenk mir was (demo, jiná verze gib mir augen)
ramm-mix (rammlied demo)

links 2-3-4 (demo)
stirb nicht vor mir (demo)
eisenmann (demo)

need these now

Conan The Barbarian
03-05-2012, 10:17 AM
ryan I have a few questions.

first, what method of shipping did you use,?
Second, How long did it take for you to receive them? How much was shipping?

ManBurning
03-05-2012, 11:03 AM
need these now

ditto, if anyone finds these, please let me know! I missed the boat on the first round of demos, and can't find them anywhere.

What language is that site anyway? the herzeleid.cz

under the demos it says Update followed by:

Tato novinka má pouze informativní charakter a v žádném případě neslouží k nabádání ke shánění těchto nahrávek. Podléhají autorskému zákonu a jejich distribuce je nelegální. Děkuji za pochopení.

But I don't know what language that is to translate it.

Conan The Barbarian
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
i have a pretty good quality version of the mein land demo that was out when it first leaked. I think its cd quality. What I want is a great copy of Stirb Nicht vor mir demo, ugh that version is sex.

EDIT I just found the song "Was Ich Liebe" its like a rock song lol.

Edit 2: so the language that website is in a czech, and I translated it. Apparently all the demos found themselves in the net again, but I cannot find them anywhere.

slave2thewage
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I found Schenk Mir Was and the Fruhling demo. That's all.

Conan The Barbarian
03-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Can you pm them to me? Ill pm you was ich liebe when I get home from lunch

Ryan
03-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Did anyone get them all? Please PM me.

Shipping time was very prompt and the booklet is much easier to open.

Still waiting on a reply about the shipping refund.

Ryan
03-06-2012, 04:57 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Vorgangsnummer: 103292
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Ryan,

thank you for your message.

We will definitely reimburse the postal charges!
For the reimbursement of the postage, we are going to need the following bank information:

Name of the Bank:
Name of the account holder:
Number of the account:
IBAN:
BIC/SWIFT:

The IBAN and BIC/SWIFT are international bank account numbers which are needed for transferring money between bank accounts of different countries.
You can find out your IBAN and BIC/SWIFT by asking your bank.

Also, we would like you to send us a mail with the attached copy of the receipt which shows your expenses for the return consignment.
After we did receive your information, we are going to initiate the refund of your money as soon as possible.

Please apologize the inconvenience that this might have caused.

Best regards,
Universal Music Team

Universal Music GmbH
Stralauer Allee 1
10245 Berlin

Conan The Barbarian
03-06-2012, 08:39 AM
ill upload all the demos later tonight for you ryan

ManBurning
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
ill upload all the demos later tonight for you ryan

If you could PM me that link as well, it would be much appreciated. =)

Ryan
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Excellent, thank you.

Conan The Barbarian
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Ye guys ill be home by 945 eastern time. I can't wait for you guys to hear the evolution of these songs. I missing only one off the list but its not a big deal. Since I got the good shit.

Thanks to slave For pointing me to the right direction.