PDA

View Full Version : PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

botley
01-17-2020, 10:35 PM
So...

(and the synth marching section in "Pilgrimage" can be playing this entire time while you read this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUJ-qNdsf8

Someone in the NIN collecting/trading group on Facebook mentioned that they were curious about who else would be making the drive/flight/overnight stay to watch NIN perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on May 2nd. We don't know yet whether they'll play other shows this year (probably they will, but nothing's confirmed); however, we know they'll play a few songs to celebrate on this night, and the ceremony will also be broadcast on HBO at some point. Heck, we don't even know who will be playing with them yet, but people are making plans to go to this thing. Should have a separate thread for it while other people are yakkin' about the HOF generally, and dreaming about what might happen there, over in the other thread (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3528-Nine-Inch-Nails-Inducted-Into-the-Rock-N-Roll-Hall-of-Fame).

I probably can't go in person, because I'll have a newborn by then, but sure as hell will I watch it on TV, as will many other fans around the world, and WELL... OTHER NIN FANS HAD BETTER SHOW UP AND CHEER whenever the band's name is announced, when somebody awesome gives them props, and especially when that curtain rises and tear the fuckin' roof off. If you've never been to the city, Cleveland actually has kind of a cool vibe when it's the weekend and things are happening in town. I made the drive from Toronto to see the Autolux/QotSA/NIN show there in 2005, and posted photos on the old ETS when it happened; we also checked out the Hall of Fame museum, it was a pretty great time all in all.

So, that's my bit done, now discuss amongst yourselves about travel and hotel arrangements/deals, advice on tickets, meetup locations, fun things to do... share the love! Be safe out there, pigs.

Edit: well that last sentence is about all that applies, now that the show has been completely cancelled. Sorry everyone.

hellospaceboy
01-18-2020, 07:34 AM
Talking about attending before being able to buy a ticket feels like a huge jinx for me, so I'm looking forward to returning to this thread in a month ;)

FULLMETAL
01-18-2020, 11:02 AM
The 35th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ceremony will be broadcast live for the first time on HBO on May 2nd at 8 p.m. ET. Performances and special guests and Induction Week programs will be announced later.

Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.

Far-back corner: $100
Front-back corner: $175
Straight-back and back half of venue: $250
Front half of venue, rear sections: $300
Front half of venue, back half of front sections: $1,500
Front half of venue, front half of front sections: $2,500

https://i.imgur.com/GRhb59A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9y0Tr33.png

https://i.imgur.com/D2PyUWN.png

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets!

ninlive
01-18-2020, 11:07 AM
I will be there. No questions.

halo eighteen
01-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Booked a hotel on hotwire with travel insurance in the event I don't get tickets or can't end up going.. Really seems like this will be hard to score tickets to.

Demogorgon
01-18-2020, 11:42 AM
I made the drive from Toronto to see the Autolux/QotSA/NIN show there in 2005, and posted photos on the old ETS when it happened

That was my first ever NIN show. I didn't meet anybody from ETS there though, I was newish to the old board (Cappadocianman back then) and really didn't know anybody, but it was a great live show. QotSA was on point.

Sorry, drift. Fond memories though.

botley
01-18-2020, 12:28 PM
That was my first ever NIN show. I didn't meet anybody from ETS there though, I was newish to the old board (Cappadocianman back then) and really didn't know anybody, but it was a great live show. QotSA was on point.

Sorry, drift. Fond memories though.
I remember it well! Autolux was enchanting, and I was very excited when Queens played "Give the Mule What He Wants" and a barnstorming "I Think I Lost My Headache". Then TR freaked out after "Right Where It Belongs" because the video projector got disconnected, LOL!

fillow
01-18-2020, 01:28 PM
God, that picture above is just asking for some NIN-themed photoshops.

versusreality
01-20-2020, 10:51 AM
I'm crazy enough to think about doing this without booking a hotel room...the flight's an hour and a half from where I live...leave NJ in the morning, get to Cleavland by the afternoon, do some sight seeing/eating, check out the hall (if it's opened to the public) and go right to the airport after the show if there's a late night flight out.

will decide this over the next month.

halo eighteen
01-20-2020, 11:18 AM
In regards to making travel plans for immediately afterwards, just know the event last year ran from about 7PM - 12AM, roughly. No idea if this year will be different since there's less inductees and it'll be streamed live (HBO editted down last year's 5-hour show to somewhere around 3). They also don't announce the set times in advance, so NIN could be inducted first or last or anywhere in between.

*edit - I see FULLMETAL's post that the HBO Broadcast this year starts at 8pm, so maybe either they're doing a broadcast delay or shortening the show by having it start later?

versusreality
01-20-2020, 12:00 PM
thanks for that tip. hmm...could be a long night if I decide to fly out afterwards. I'll think about it. not having to check in luggage would be awesome, and a first for me lol

Toadflax
01-20-2020, 12:10 PM
I'm planning on making the trip and would love to have an ETS meetup to mark the special occasion.

ninlive
01-20-2020, 07:07 PM
thanks for that tip. hmm...could be a long night if I decide to fly out afterwards. I'll think about it. not having to check in luggage would be awesome, and a first for me lol

This is literally what I do most of the time if I am going to see shows in other cities. Just a backpack... Go sight see, grab a brew and dinner, go to show (enjoy another brew) and then find a club that's open late and listen to music all night until my flight early am. lmao.

chuckrh
01-20-2020, 07:37 PM
This is literally what I do most of the time if I am going to see shows in other cities. Just a backpack... Go sight see, grab a brew and dinner, go to show (enjoy another brew) and then find a club that's open late and listen to music all night until my flight early am. lmao.

sounds like a young man's game. :D

m0reta
01-22-2020, 05:26 PM
For those still planning things:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/01/rock-hall-inductions-2020-info-on-cleveland-flights-rental-cars-hotels-more.html

sticksandhair
01-22-2020, 09:04 PM
Also, if going to Induction ceremony, keep in mind Cleveland Indians at home Fri. 5/1 7pm. Sat. 5/2 6pm (Induction night). Sun. 1pm.

The traffic, and parking can be bad. Give yourself time to get around.

sticksandhair
01-22-2020, 09:37 PM
Also, Tickets are going to be very hard to get. If Spiral still existed TR would probably do a fan pre sale, no? It's possible. Other bands have done it for the ceremony (sold tickets to fans through "fan club" and had their little fan area in the theatre.) But probably about 200 seats it seemed. But still it's another way to try to get tickets.

Somebody go ask him and let us know... Or ask him and he'll say something publicly, like yes or no. It's possible.

versusreality
02-16-2020, 10:30 AM
just a couple weeks until tickets go on sale. starting to get excited. my dad my come with me, my mom's still on the fence. they were NIN and DM fans when I was a kid so it'd be a full circle type of thing.

Magnetic
02-16-2020, 11:24 AM
I still don't have a job, so I can't justify the expense. :(

bryan_NIN65
02-17-2020, 07:12 PM
When will ticketmaster be putting up info? Gonna try but who knows if I can really pull it off or not,lol.

Krazy
02-17-2020, 07:33 PM
Well shit botley , CONGTRATS!!! On the kid, not the thread. :P

Personally I don’t think I’d enjoy the ceremony with all the other bands (or even NIN), but whoever goes have at it. Just don’t bitch about the setlist!

ItsJustDave
02-18-2020, 01:37 AM
Also, Tickets are going to be very hard to get. If Spiral still existed TR would probably do a fan pre sale, no? It's possible. Other bands have done it for the ceremony (sold tickets to fans through "fan club" and had their little fan area in the theatre.) But probably about 200 seats it seemed. But still it's another way to try to get tickets.

Somebody go ask him and let us know... Or ask him and he'll say something publicly, like yes or no. It's possible.

Regrettably, I don't believe we'll be seeing a block of fan exclusive tickets.

katara
02-18-2020, 02:49 AM
whoever goes have at it. Just don’t bitch about the setlist!
Setlist:

Starsuckers, Inc.
Starfuckers, Inc. (version)
Starfuckers, Inc.

Hyperpower
02-18-2020, 01:31 PM
Setlist:

Starsuckers, Inc.
Starfuckers, Inc.

lol...you know.. that might just be a nice "fuck you" if the people in power say only Trent gets the induction even when Trent may (probably?) wants Atticus and probably the rest of the touring band members up there with him.

botley
02-25-2020, 06:15 AM
Reminder for the diehards who bought a RnRHOF membership just to get into the pre-sale: it starts in just under three hours.

Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com.

Callahan
02-25-2020, 09:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200225/b99b1a03e6db285352358e5b76236d5c.jpg

I’ll see you all there! Definitely need to arrange an ETS meetup for something like this.

bryan_NIN65
02-25-2020, 10:02 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200225/b99b1a03e6db285352358e5b76236d5c.jpg

I’ll see you all there! Definitely need to arrange an ETS meetup for something like this.

What the price, I have to hope that some are still avalibe on thursday

Callahan
02-25-2020, 10:21 AM
What the price, I have to hope that some are still avalibe on thursday

Info from the induction thread with prices

My observations:

Far-back corner: $100
Front-back corner: $175
Straight-back and back half of venue: $250
Front half of venue, rear sections: $300
Front half of venue, back half of front sections: $1,500
Front half of venue, front half of front sections: $2,500

What the fuck is up with that disproportionate price difference??

hellospaceboy
02-25-2020, 11:05 AM
NOW we can talk about this trip :) Anybody got hotels, or airbnb yet?

We'll drive down on the 1st just in case traffic is bad, we don't want to risk it on the day of. Haven't booked a place to stay yet.

I'm also thinking about trying to find the place where Right Track studio was (where TR recorded the PHM demos). Anybody has info on it? (I have a vague address, but can't confirm it, from this article: http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/cleveland/2011/04/right-track-lemco-hall-and-trent-reznor/)

Sarah K
02-25-2020, 11:13 AM
Just booked within walking distance - I suggest booking soon, prices are already wild for hotels AND Airbnb!

I'm likely going to come in Friday night after work and head out Sunday. Haven't booked a flight yet, but they're pretty cheap. Wanted to get the hotel out of the way first.

cdm
02-25-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm also thinking about trying to find the place where Right Track studio was (where TR recorded the PHM demos). Anybody has info on it? (I have a vague address, but can't confirm it, from this article: http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/cleveland/2011/04/right-track-lemco-hall-and-trent-reznor/)

2106 Payne Ave
https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2015/04/lost_cleveland_rock_n_roll_lan.html

https://goo.gl/maps/wYg6JL2CPGV5pc2d8

halo33
02-25-2020, 12:51 PM
I think a trip to The Phantasy is also in order.

NotoriousTIMP
02-25-2020, 01:07 PM
Son of a bitch! I thought the presale was at 3pm EST and I missed out on the membership tickets

Callahan
02-25-2020, 01:47 PM
Hotels near the venue are crazy expensive! But I booked a room at this place the day it was announced NIN was inducted, and was just going to cancel if I didn’t get tickets.

https://www.stayalfred.com/city/cleveland-vacation-rentals

Short little walk to the venue, but should be a decent area I think??

theimage13
02-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Ugh. I could've just fucking driven in for this if I wasn't on tour. Still would've needed to book a room for the night, but damnit, this was so close to being a reality for me.

Bmw1185
02-25-2020, 03:49 PM
Got my ticket! Looking forward to a meet up with ETS fam before/after!

nlemeshka
02-25-2020, 08:52 PM
I’ll be there too! This is a bucket list scenario for me. Can’t wait!

m0reta
02-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Dinner before or carouse after?

botley
02-25-2020, 10:06 PM
Dinner before or carouse after?
WhyNotBoth.gif

somewhat_
02-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Definitely excited about this nin show, even if it’s only 5 songs... and all the other stuff, including Depeche Mode. Never thought I’d be attending a rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony.

tricil
02-27-2020, 09:07 AM
Goddamn this queue

Moebius
02-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Goddamn this queue

Same here :/ It didn't move me from the lobby at sale time so now I'm 2000+ behind.

tricil
02-27-2020, 09:51 AM
Well y’all have fun. I’m gonna watch on HBO.

ltrandazzo
02-27-2020, 11:36 AM
Goddamn this queue inside my phone.

somewhat_
02-27-2020, 02:45 PM
$1500 tickets are still available

cdm
02-28-2020, 09:36 AM
Well y’all have fun. I’m gonna watch on HBO.

Yeah same here...unless my brother comes through with a hookup I'll be sitting this one out.

bgalbraith
02-28-2020, 10:11 AM
A bit late, but I did manage to get a ticket! I'm also happy to help coordinate ETS-related activities around the event. Here's a Google Doc that we can use to keep track of who's coming and suggestions for pre/post meetup activities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ilPJ6MR2qIRFUGb6UnXsIKeDozhU-PPlEhZ71SfpAU/edit?usp=sharing. I've prepopulated it with things people have already posted.

Bmw1185
02-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Awesome thanks for doing this bgalbraith! Updating my line now on the doc.

sonic_discord
02-28-2020, 12:26 PM
I am quite jealous of all of you. This will be an unforgettable and historic night for everyone lucky enough to attend!

Hyperpower
02-29-2020, 03:48 PM
I am quite jealous of all of you. This will be an unforgettable and historic night for everyone lucky enough to attend!

x2
I wanted to go but these ticket prices are just not doable. :(

NotoriousTIMP
02-29-2020, 09:32 PM
if anyone comes up with an extra single ticket, please let me know.

bryan_NIN65
02-29-2020, 11:20 PM
This was harder to get tix to than I thought. Prob for the best as now I can save for the tour.

sonic_discord
02-29-2020, 11:31 PM
This was harder to get tix to than I thought. Prob for the best as now I can save for the tour.

That's one of the main reasons I'm not going to this because I'll probably wind up traveling to see them on the tour as I imagine they won't be coming to MN.

Leprekon666
03-01-2020, 07:47 AM
That's one of the main reasons I'm not going to this because I'll probably wind up traveling to see them on the tour as I imagine they won't be coming to MN.
I was gonna go but then RATM announced there Reunion Tour and I was like, seen Rage once in 99 and can watch this on HBO. Plus for tickets , hotel and travel from Toronto gonna cost me over $1000

Magnetic
03-01-2020, 08:04 AM

Same. I'm currently unemployed, so I couldn't justify the expense. I'd rather throw down on a full set list.

WorzelG
03-02-2020, 06:21 AM
Does anyone think it's very possible both this and the SXSW thing will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus ? I'm seeing a lot of talk everywhere about large gatherings being cancelled in a lot of countries?

halo eighteen
03-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Does anyone think it's very possible both this and the SXSW thing will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus ? I'm seeing a lot of talk everywhere about large gatherings being cancelled in a lot of countries?

I'd be surprised, but maybe it will affect travel for some of the British acts. Kind of early to tell how things will be affected two months from now, but this is at a relatively small venue in Cleveland.

WorzelG
03-03-2020, 12:09 AM
I'd be surprised, but maybe it will affect travel for some of the British acts. Kind of early to tell how things will be affected two months from now, but this is at a relatively small venue in Cleveland.
I hope you’re right, I can’t go but I’d still love to watch it

somewhat_
03-04-2020, 04:46 PM

Looks like SXSW is still a go. For this, hopefully things won’t get much worse over the next two months.

Edit: SXSW was just cancelled. I think we’re fucked.

Sarah K
03-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Everyone still confident this is going to happen?

I still have to purchase a flight, but a bit nervous! Not about getting sick - just about everything everywhere getting cancelled.

FULLMETAL
03-11-2020, 12:34 PM
*edit*
whelp, shows what I know about disaster planning.

somewhat_
03-11-2020, 01:20 PM

I still have to purchase a flight, but a bit nervous! Not about getting sick - just about everything everywhere getting cancelled.

I think it’s likely to be cancelled or postponed. If you book a flight, make sure it’s one of the airlines that’s currently offering some cancellation/flight change flexibility.

halo eighteen
03-11-2020, 01:27 PM
I would be happy with a postponement if it meant all the surviving inductees can attend and perform. Right now there's too much uncertainty, and that's coupled with the fact that the Hall typically has next to no transparency with info.

tricil
03-11-2020, 02:43 PM
The induction/telecast will likely (and hopefully) still happen, but I could see them barring spectators like Ohio is doing for sports and hopefully y’all get refunds.

Sarah K
03-11-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm sure they're getting a billion emails right now, but I'm going to reach out. Will let you guys know if I hear back!

tricil
03-11-2020, 02:49 PM
For what it’s worth, this was just announced today: https://fox8.com/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-announces-induction-fest/

halo eighteen
03-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Cloud Nothings would be fun, but I'm not gonna be there on Friday.

fillow
03-11-2020, 03:04 PM
surviving inductees
that sounded really dark, you know

halo eighteen
03-11-2020, 03:33 PM
that sounded really dark, you know

LOL didn't mean it to be (too) dark (park) at all, but RIP Whitney and Biggie and Marc Bolan. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tributes planned because three performances doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I'd be more than okay with Mode and NIN getting more stage time. If postponing this to the Fall is the best way of making that happen, then I'm all for it. Something tells me it'll be the city of Cleveland to force a decision.

tricil
03-11-2020, 03:35 PM
LOL didn't mean it to be (too) dark (park) at all, but RIP Whitney and Biggie and Marc Bolan. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tributes planned because three performances doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I'd be more than okay with Mode and NIN getting more stage time. If postponing this to the Fall is the best way of making that happen, then I'm all for it. Something tells me it'll be the city of Cleveland to force a decision.

Best skinny puppy album

Sarah K
03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
That was a fast response.

Hi Sarah – thanks for reaching out! The induction ceremony is proceeding as planned. We are in close contact with public health and government officials and will update our website with information if any plans change.

Callahan
03-11-2020, 11:09 PM
IF this is still occurring, I might have an extra ticket to offer an ETS member. My buddy just backed out of travelling.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up getting cancelled though, but if anyone is interested in tagging along, shoot me a message, would sell if at my cost, It was one of the $300 tickets.

nmitchell86
03-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Not to be the bearer of bad news but the NBA just canned the reset of the 2019-2020 basketball season soooooooo...… maybe they will have it live on HBO with no live local audience?

hellospaceboy
03-11-2020, 11:18 PM

I'm not confident at all! Luckily Cleveland is still driving distance for me, so I only have to deal with hotel issues if things change...

Bmw1185
03-12-2020, 11:01 AM
This is still a bit of time away. Hopefully things settle down by end of this month.

WorzelG
03-12-2020, 11:53 AM
It seems to have been postponed
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rock-hall-of-fame-induction-coronavirus-966259/

Callahan
03-12-2020, 12:11 PM
fuck.

Time to look at cancelling flights/hotel. Hopefully that won't be a costly loss.

sonic_discord
03-12-2020, 12:13 PM
No surprise there, really. At least it's not outright cancelled.

Sarah K
03-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Glad I didn't book my flight yesterday when I was thinking about it and taking the Millennial "if I die, I die" approach!

Hopefully it gets rescheduled when I can still attend. I wonder what happens to the ticket if we can't make the rescheduled date.

Maybe Ilan will be available for the new date!

botley
03-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Shitty for all the folks here who made plans (I hope you get at least partial refunds...) but once again, they made the right call. Hoping it goes forward soon.

halo eighteen
03-12-2020, 01:13 PM
I wish there was a new date to move the hotel reservation to. Wonder if I should wait a bit or just inquire about a refund instead. I got travel insurance through hotwire so it shouldn't be an issue.

Bmw1185
03-12-2020, 01:19 PM
Yeah I'm going to wait for Rock Hall's official announcement with the newly rescheduled date before doing anything.

Sarah K
03-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Not sure if everyone got this email, or if they just sent it to people who previously reached out. Sharing just in case!

Hi, Sarah – just received this update. The health and safety of our fans and visitors is our highest priority. Given recent news regarding coronavirus and the urging by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine regarding large public gatherings, we have made the decision to postpone the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Induction Week festivities until later this year. Additional details, including new dates and ticket information, will be announced shortly and shared directly with ticket holders and supporters. Details of the rescheduled HBO live broadcast of the event will be announced at a later date.

At least they said "shortly" instead of sOoOoOoOn.

Bmw1185
03-12-2020, 03:01 PM
I just got this email and in it states:

Tickets purchased through Ticketmaster for the Ceremony at Public Hall will be honored for the rescheduled date.

Good to know

theimage13
03-12-2020, 03:12 PM
First the years of snubs, now this? Good, will Big Music stop a nothing to keep NIN out of the hall of fame?!

Sarah K
03-24-2020, 09:24 AM
Rescheduled (https://deadline.com/2020/03/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-november-rescheduled-1202890950/)for November 07.

Callahan
03-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Rescheduled (https://deadline.com/2020/03/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-november-rescheduled-1202890950/)for November 07.

Interesting! seems a little premature to be rescheduling things at the moment, but I'll be cautiously optimistic here.

somewhat_
03-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Yes, I’m quite surprised they even decided to reschedule yet. We could be into round 2 of this shit show by then. Sadly, by that time, this disease might become part of our daily risk of living life.

WorzelG
03-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Fingers crossed you can all make the rescheduled date and the virus risk is falling off by then! At this point I’m just really curious about who’s lined up to induct

Sarah K
03-24-2020, 10:33 AM
I booked at Double Tree and at any Hilton property, if you book by April 30, you can cancel up to 24 hours before check in for free (https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/coronavirus/).

Edit - that's also ass-deep into football season, so I recommend booking ASAP if you're able. If that weekend ends up being an in town Browns game...

halo eighteen
03-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Just got Hampton Inn booked on Hotwire for $94. Closer and cheaper than the one I had booked for May.. now just gotta work on canceling that one.

somewhat_
03-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Booked the Hyatt Regency. Hope everything lines up with this still taking place and me being able to make it. Hopefully everyone else that planned on the May date can make the new date as well.

bgalbraith
03-24-2020, 01:51 PM
Got my hotel reservation cancelled for the original date and new room booked for the 7th. Just realized this is falling right after the election.. moods are likely going to be extreme either way that goes.

hellospaceboy
03-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Quick question: did any of you get an email from R&R fall of fame to let you know of the new date? (I haven't) I would assume they'll officially let the ticket holders know in some formal capacity.

Bmw1185
03-24-2020, 02:45 PM
Update: official email from Rock Hall received. Confirmed date of Nov 7.

Quick question: did any of you get an email from R&R fall of fame to let you know of the new date? (I haven't) I would assume they'll officially let the ticket holders know in some formal capacity.

Bmw1185
03-24-2020, 04:18 PM
I just booked the Hyatt Regency downtown as well. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Zimbo
03-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Bitching on Twitter worked for me, granted, I had the Hyatt.

smashthepumpkin
06-08-2020, 06:19 PM
What are the odds of them canceling the new date of the Rock Hall of Ceremony in November?
I mean more so allowing a live audience with things going the way they are???
Most bands that are scheduled to play in the Fall are canceling tours or postponing till next year.
Should I sell my ticket? I wish we could get an update

anyone still holding on hope? thoughts?
will it depend on the local mandate?
all my shows have canceled/postponed the year and I really want something to look forward to... :(

ItsJustDave
06-19-2020, 08:47 AM
My booking at Hotel Cleveland Gateway from 11/6-11/8 got canceled earlier this week.

“Your reservation was cancelled by the property because the property will now be closed during your stay. You will receive a full refund.”

Not quite sure if this speaks to the induction itself yet. Anyone else receive similar (perhaps for a different hotel)?

paul_is_dead
06-19-2020, 08:55 AM
This probably won't go ahead in November.

smashthepumpkin
06-19-2020, 10:07 AM
wonder if they will move it to next year.. do two classes next year?
I hope so if it is canceled. I would hate to loose out on the opportunity

halo eighteen
06-19-2020, 10:21 AM
My booking at Hotel Cleveland Gateway from 11/6-11/8 got canceled earlier this week.

“Your reservation was cancelled by the property because the property will now be closed during your stay. You will receive a full refund.”

Not quite sure if this speaks to the induction itself yet. Anyone else receive similar (perhaps for a different hotel)?

Did you use Hotwire or book through the hotel? My hotwire-booked stay at the Hampton Inn seems to still be intact. It looks like Cleveland Gateway/Radisson whatever it's called now is either closed/closing/renovating or other because I can't seem to get it to pull up anywhere?

That being said, I wish they would have something official to say about this because it's probably unlikely it's going ahead this year.

Callahan
06-19-2020, 10:27 AM
The place I was going to be staying at just sent an email saying they’ll no longer be able to honour my stay, as the business has closed its doors. And gave no details about refunds, and they are no longer answering their phones [emoji3525]

Guess I’ll be calling up Visa!

smashthepumpkin
06-19-2020, 01:49 PM
I looked at other hotels near by and they are still taking reservations

ItsJustDave
06-19-2020, 05:57 PM
Did you use Hotwire or book through the hotel? My hotwire-booked stay at the Hampton Inn seems to still be intact. It looks like Cleveland Gateway/Radisson whatever it's called now is either closed/closing/renovating or other because I can't seem to get it to pull up anywhere?

That being said, I wish they would have something official to say about this because it's probably unlikely it's going ahead this year.

I booked using credit card rewards points. They're refunding these back to the card. I guess I'll have to check out what no fee cancellation bookings are still available, it's been a busy week on my end.

UPDATE: Rebooked at the Hilton Garden Inn w/ no cancellation fees if I need to bow out later

hellospaceboy
07-08-2020, 10:05 AM
Goddamn it, the live event is now officially cancelled (not a surprise, but still sucks!)
I guess I have to get HBO :(

tricil
07-08-2020, 10:32 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCYsMOIoe0t/?igshid=v36arrnh2dty

and it’s gone

halo eighteen
07-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Well fuck, looks like I'm out $100. Hotwire isn't taking cancellations anymore, evidently. Cuz you know, the pandemic is over. Clearly.

Bmw1185
07-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Yep very much a bummer. I was looking forward to this event in person as well as catching up with my NIN brethren! But gotta be safe and smart about these things so not too surprised. Looking forward to watching the event, hope they make it somewhat cool.

botley
07-08-2020, 10:43 AM
The HBO broadcast is still a go (https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/07/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony-canceled-2021-inductions-to-take-place-in-cleveland.html). Hopefully NIN will still perform live. But yeah, what a bummer.

halo eighteen
07-08-2020, 10:54 AM
The HBO broadcast is still a go (https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/07/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony-canceled-2021-inductions-to-take-place-in-cleveland.html). Hopefully NIN will still perform live. But yeah, what a bummer.

It's gonna be a pre-recorded thing, but I'm sure a performance of some sort will still be incorporated yeah. Hopefully. They usually just show video montages but it would be a very short program if that's all they do this year.

thefragile_jake
07-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Bummer news. Here's hoping for a performance still at least!

halo eighteen
07-18-2020, 12:52 AM
Hotwire customers - I just (yes at 1:30am) used their online messaging service and a guy named Neil totalllly helped me out and canceled my reservation despite the fact that Hot Rate Deals are not generally refundable. A little politeness goes a long way, I guess. If anyone is in the same boat, you might not have to eat the cost or take an unwanted trip to Cleveland after all.

hellospaceboy
08-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Just wanted to check in and ask if any of you got your Induction Ceremony refund yet.
I haven't :(