PDA

View Full Version : Coachella 2012

Rdm
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Looks like they started to name off bands like they did last year from the home page .http://coachella.com/Im super excited . I already have two tickets almost paid off, One more payment to go!!! .

So far the big rumored names are Radiohead, Coldplay , no doubt , m83 , justice , bjork, Bassnector, godspeed you! Black emperor, Bon iver kasabian,Metronomy. Coldplay might be scratched off due to having shows in Canada That conflict with Coachella, thank god

Dra508
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I finally agreed to go again with my bro. Already put a deposit on a condo rental. Now, I need a ticket.

Other rumors I've heard: Sleigh Bells, Paul Weller, Neon Indian. Kraftwerk is playing a festival in Florida in late March. I'd give my left anything to see them again.

Rdm
01-04-2012, 08:58 PM
It looks like the name of that festival is ultra music festival. the line up looks pretty decent. http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/. Too bad Tiesto shows up every year.

I wouldn't be Surprised to see New Order or Kraftwerk on the bill

Kid Charlemagne
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
New Order and Kraftwek will probably be there, they usually have some leftovers from Ultra. It's odd that we only know one headliner. Radiohead is obvious, but last year we already knew Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon were headlining and this year not much. Talked to Alan from Neon Indian (I guess you can consider him a friend since I see him with my pals like twice a month) and he'll be there. James and Arctic Monkeys have also confirmed. For the love of God though, bring Pulp and/or Blur.

NotoriousTIMP
01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
if KRAFTWERK is playing then I'm so there!

Rdm
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
AraabMuzik just added to the line up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKcHKFtmfXw&feature=player_embedded

Krazy
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Not saying Coachella 2012 has anything to do with NIN, but damn that "the creators project" photo reminded me of this live 2007 photo of the stealth screen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nineinchnails/3216670352/sizes/m/in/photostream/

Kid Charlemagne
01-05-2012, 10:13 PM
The Creators Project was okay last year. Other than the balloons during Arcade Fire, it was kind of dull. Though if they're working with Radiohead this year, then something would be spectacular.

Kid Charlemagne
01-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Jimmy Cliff is confirmed. A left-field choice, though to be honest, when I saw him at Lollapalooza, he kind of sucked. Atari Teenage Riot is also confirmed as well.

ray9x
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
any htda fans may want to remotely consider buying tickets... or so i've heard.

Kid Charlemagne
01-06-2012, 08:17 PM
any htda fans may want to remotely consider buying tickets... or so i've heard.

People actually liked HTDA?

Monklish is a blogger who uses "insider" knowledge, this is her list of people who will be performing. Take note that she said Neil Young and Beasties would perform last year and in 2009 said Paul McCartney wouldn't headline. She gets maybe 60% to 70% of the lineup correct. This is her list:

Active Child
Andrew Bird
AraabMuzik
Arctic Monkeys
ASAP Rocky
AVICII
Azealia Banks
Band of Skulls
Battles
Bassnectar
Beardyman
Beirut
Boom Bip
Bon Iver
Calvin Harris
Caribou
Childish Gambino
Damian Jurado
Das Racist
Dawes
Dev
Digitalism
Death Grips
Donavon Frankenreiter
Feist
fIREHOSE
First Aid Kit
Florence and the Machine
Foster the People
Four Tet
Future Islands
Gardens and Villa
Girls
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Gold Panda
Gotye
Group Love
Holy Ghost!
Hot Snakes
James
Jimmy Cliff
Justice
Kasabian
Katchafire
Keep Shelly in Athens
Kings of Convenience
La Roux
LMFAO
M83
Metronomy
My Morning Jacket
Neon Indian
Nero
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Other Lives
Pulp
Radiohead
The Black Keys
The Cat Empire
The Civil Wars
The Head and the Heart
The Rapture
The Shins
Santigold
SBTRKT
SebastiAn
Spector
St Vincent
Swedish House Mafia
Talvin Singh and Niladri Kumar
Tennis
tUnE-yArDs
Wild Flag
Wu Lyf
Young the Giant
Zeds Dead

ManBurning
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I must be getting extremely old, but I've only heard of 2 bands from the above list, yikes!

danebraddy
01-07-2012, 02:02 AM
I must be getting extremely old, but I've only heard of 2 bands from the above list, yikes!

I was thinking the exact same thing.

not about you...about me.

gorny540
01-07-2012, 02:25 AM
the day Failure reunites at Coachella is the day I make the 3,000 mile pilgrimage

Jinsai
01-07-2012, 02:49 AM
If that's the lineup it's not bad at all

would be down to see Tune Yards, Caribou, Radiohead, fIREHOSE, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Boom Bip, Battles, M83, Holy Ghost!, Other Lives, James, Pulp, Fortet...

Still, I don't think that could possibly be the full line up, not for all three days. If they're going to sell out two weekends in a row, they're going to need more bands with overwhelming mainstream appeal.
Maybe I'm just hoping they haven't sunk to the level of booking some bullshit like LMFAO.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Think if radiohead wasn't on the bill. There would be soo much backlash

Torgo
01-07-2012, 04:10 AM
If that's the list, then I'd totally be more willing to buy tickets, even though I probably won't be able to.

Kid Charlemagne
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM
It's not the entire lineup, and probably a quarter of that list won't be there. But I would be excited to see James, Pulp, and Godspeed You! Black Emporer.

Sadly Jinsai, the tide is turning to where they book crap like LMFAO, this is the same festival who let Skrillex bring Korn.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM
I think they found out who headliner three is http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50998

super MEH

Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Coldplay/No doubt ? Pretty shitty headliners minus 1 if you ask me. Looks like the under card will save them though. Plus on the Facebook page they posted " next week "

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150564420296648&set=a.10150107107306648.319535.20281766647&type=3&theater

Which probably indicates the line up will be announced Monday or sometime next week.

Im really crossing my fingers for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlTK7q6f1k&feature=player_embedded

Although recently announced during a show in December " this is our last show for awhile " = (

Kid Charlemagne
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Radiohead and Foo Fighters look like locks. Coldplay won't be there since they have an LA date which violates the radius clause. No Doubt could possibly do it, but I don't know if they're big enough. I think the last headliner will either be Bjork or the Black Keys or both. The undercard always saves them, hell, I've only stayed for two out of the six headliners the past two years.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Black key aren't big enough yet and Bjork would be sweet but she is doing some huge/cool residency shows which that includes the "whole experience "

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/bjork-for-new-york-residency

Although, I guess that would be pretty neat to bring the whole Bjork Biophilia experience to coachella. Maybe the experience will include this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyyqIZTvYY

Kid Charlemagne
01-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I disagree about The Black Keys, they announced an arena tour and sold out MSG twice. They're pretty big and had a much larger crowd than Kings of Leon who headlined on that night last year. It would be lazy booking though to have a band like that play twice in a row. Bjork's NYC stops are all next month, so I don't see any reason for her not to be there, I don't think I'll watch her set, I saw her four years ago and wasn't too impressed, but I've never been the biggest Bjork fan.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah the national sold out arenas too but they aren't headlining coachella either. Again its just my opinion.

october_midnight
01-07-2012, 12:32 PM
How aren't the Black Keys 'big enough' to headline? When you look at any number of handful of headliners from years before, some of them were questionable or surprising. After a band has a sold out arena tour, plays SNL, and generally makes hipsters worldwide shit their pants...what more could a band do? I love Bjork...when she played here in Vancouver she played in a venue nowhere near the capacity of where the Black Keys played. Headliners aren't always who has the more substantial and lengthy catalogue, but often also who's hot at the time. Hell, and I'm not even a Black Keys fan...I find them overrated and mediocre at best...but they're hot right now and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they were to headline a festival like this.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 12:47 PM
they are hot in the arena of hipster town, LOL. Though in the general population not so much. :D Though Coachella is disneyland for the hipster. I still say NAY NAY!!! for The black Keys. My opinion probably stems from my opinion about the blacks keys more than anything else. So my points are pretty much all contradictions at this point : l

Kid Charlemagne
01-07-2012, 12:50 PM
If not this year, they'll headline next year.

Jinsai
01-07-2012, 02:57 PM
The Black Keys had a headlining spot on the main stage last year. I doubt they'll be there again, and if they are, oh well. I'm indifferent when it comes to their music.

I really hope they don't book No Doubt. Who listens to them anymore?

I'd like to see them drag out Amon Tobin's rig for one of the nights, if that's even possible.

Rdm
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM
For some odd reason I still believe Coldplay will be there regardless on circumstances. I do like some Coldplay, parachutes and coldrush to the head, but I really don't want to see them there.

Kid Charlemagne
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm sure if Coldplay does show up there will be some good bands on other stages and tents.

Rdm
01-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6okxuiiHx2w&feature=player_embedded#!

DVYDRNS
01-08-2012, 09:21 AM
same thing every year... a bunch of bands id rather see in a bar. not in 120 degree desert weather. at least you can usually catch a few really good shows in LA around this time of year.

cicatriz
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
godspeed sold out <_<

Kid Charlemagne
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
godspeed sold out <_<If they don't end up playing, it wouldn't surprise me, they could be fucking with us.

cicatriz
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I really don't understand why they'd play Coachella and not Bonnaroo, but this isn't the thread for that.

All I'm going to say is, I'm willing to bet the Foos will be a headliner (and thus be shared with Bonnaroo), and the Keys won't be there.

Dra508
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
and the Keys won't be there.This is turning into the "Will The Black Keys play Coachella thread". I'm voting Yes, they will.

Because I know everything. ;)

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
With their new tour dates, it looks likely. No Southern California dates, in fact the only California dates they have are in Sacramento and Oakland a month after.

cicatriz
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I think they'll do the smaller festivals where they can actually be one of the top billed headliners. Like Hangout Fest, Sasquatch, etc.

Rdm
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
The weekend just confirmed
http://coachella.com/

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I cannot wait to see The Weeknd. This is going to be awesome.

cicatriz
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I hate every single one of you mofos going to Coachella. That isn't fair.

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Dude I told you last year at Bonnaroo to get tickets for Coachella this year!

So possibly At The Drive In and Black Keys, The Weeknd and The Shins confirming, they're stacking this quite nicely.

Rdm
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I'm very excited to hear the weekend live too

october_midnight
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Pulp confirmed.

Rdm
01-09-2012, 06:01 PM
LINE UP
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150571005226648&set=a.10150107107306648.319535.20281766647&type=1&theater

Holyshit there is going to crazy conflicts on saturday

october_midnight
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Black Keys headlining? They're not big enough to headline...

Rdm
01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
LOL. :o . Theres nothing I can say other than I was dead wrong.

Dra508
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
LOL. :o . Theres nothing I can say other than I was dead wrong.For shizzle.

Rdm
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Dr Dre. Does that mean we are going to hear Detox?

october_midnight
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Oh man if he plays new shit I'm gonna be all over those YouTube videos like a motherfucker.

littlemonkey613
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
My best friend in the whole world just scored me a free ticket. I'm crying! I don't have enough money to buy one. God shes so awesome.

Rdm
01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Hmm maybe flying lotus will invite thom for a couple of songs

Wretchedest
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
"I don't know why anyone gives a fuck about coachella, only a few of the bands are good... out in the hot buttfucking desert probably ages away from the stage"
*checks line-up anyway: Godspeed, Explosions, Radiohead, ATDI, Ximena Sarinana, Dre, Snoop Dogg, Amon Tobin*
"Well I get that part"

*edit*

also odd that godspeedsplaying both weekens, that's a very packed week running up and down CA for them...

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
This list is a snoozefest.

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
This is their best lineup in at least eight years. Saturday will be a clusterfuck, I'm probably going to miss like eight bands I want to see. I love The Black Keys, but three times in four years is lazy booking, I would've hoped they had another headliner, they're deserving, but they could have had them next year. Dre and Snoop though is a surprise. I'm going to be putting my hands up like a motherfucker.

richardp
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Refuuuuuuused!!!!!!!!!!!

Delusional
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
If I were to go any year this would be it, just to see Refused and At The Drive In. Alas I'm poor and jobless without much hope that will change in the next couple of months.
Funny how just yesterday I read about the rumor from October that Refused was going to do the show complete with "leaked" flyer and had dismissed it as a hoax.

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Refused caught me off guard. I never heard the rumors about them, so to see them on the lineup was awesome. I will be throwing bows.

frankie teardrop
01-09-2012, 11:53 PM
pulp and mazzy star are a welcome surprise here. as always, i'll be skipping out, but hopefully that means both bands will do more solid US tours, as tends to be the case in the past.

Jinsai
01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
wow... I guess I'm going. fIREHOSE, At the Drive In, Refused, Radiohead, Other Lives, Flying Lotus, Dr Dre w/ Snoop Dogg, Tune Yards, Amon Tobin, Pulp, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Explosions in the Sky, Destroyer, James, M83... overall, that's pretty nuts.

virushopper
01-10-2012, 01:11 AM
This list is a snoozefest.

What this person said.

Jinsai
01-10-2012, 01:19 AM
What this person said.

When a list was made featuring 85% of those bands on the previous page, that same person said "I've only heard of two of those bands." No wonder he considers it a "snoozefest." What's your excuse?

Highly Psychological
01-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Have never heard of The Black Keys in my entire life. Are they any good? Their name is very fucking bland.
I dont think I have ever heard one song by them.

Apart from being able to pull Dr Dre the line up is not exactly WOW! This is a festival that once got The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies, and nearly the Cocteau Twins to reform.*
I went to Coachella once, if i did not live thousands of miles away i would go anyway,

D Angelo will probably be added to that list. He is playing live again next year too.

Jinsai
01-10-2012, 01:27 AM
This is a festival that once got The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies, and nearly the Cocteau Twins to reform.*

Yeah... and this year they've got Refused, At the Drive In, and fIREHOSE

Space Suicide
01-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Have never heard of The Black Keys in my entire life. Are they any good? Their name is very fucking bland.
I dont think I have ever heard one song by them.

Have you been living under a rock?

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
01-10-2012, 01:43 AM
When a list was made featuring 85% of those bands on the previous page, that same person said "I've only heard of two of those bands." No wonder he considers it a "snoozefest." What's your excuse?
You might want to look back through the thread again. Just because we use the same avatar doesn't mean we're the same person.

Highly Psychological
01-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Have you been living under a rock?
I guess so!!!*

Jinsai
01-10-2012, 02:12 AM
You might want to look back through the thread again. Just because we use the same avatar doesn't mean we're the same person.

these stock avatars are definitely not working for me.

Rdm
01-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Its weird no one is talking about Modeselektor being on the list . Should be one of the best dj sets of the weekend

The lineup is extremely stacked. Im very happy I've been paying for my tickets this whole time.

Emil Dorbell
01-10-2012, 04:05 AM
REFUSED AND ATD-i!! It's like I instantly got ten years younger hearing that. Wow!

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2012, 04:31 AM
And what will likely be Pulp's only US shows. Aside from having Black Keys headlining, the have a very impressive lineup and pulling in Dr. Dre who hasn't toured since Up in Smoke, they've quoted people like me who thought Bonnaroo were gaining the upper hand.

blackholesun
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh man this might finally be the year I go.

virushopper
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
"snoozefest" maybe is the wrong word for me. The only acts I like are on Friday and Saturday but it is only a couple acts. I'm already seeing M83 twice this week (You know the show at LA Live) and I already saw Noel Gallagher twice last year (UCLA!!!). I'm not into the Arctic Monkeys and the Black Keys. So to me after looking up the cost of gas, living, food and of course the tickets kind of rubs me the wrong way. Got to be sure my wallet isn't swallowed so easily! And I saw Radiohead too many times. But I like Godspeed You! Black Emperor and The Big Pink. Hopefully these two might play a gig at the El Rey or something prior to Coachella. SO yeah "snoozefest" is not the word I would use.

Tums206_BFY
01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I like the lineup hopefully Sasquatch is able to pull in a good amount of these artist for their lineup this year. I'm sure we won't get most of the bigger names like Radiohead and Dr. Dre but if we can get a good portion of some of the other bands playing it could be a good year.

Moonraker
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Kasabian, Madness, M83, Gotye, Miike Snow, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Weeknd, Pulp, Beirut, Neon Indian, St. Vincent....

Seriously, there are plenty of bands worth checking out, not including the headliners. If you can't find something good then you just haven't heard enough music, this is a great lineup.

Rdm
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Guys I think I was right about The black Keys not being big enough;) JK, but I think they were subs for friday. It only makes sense if this was true.
Honestly look at the art on the poster. The purple looks like where BS should have been? That my theory at least.

"The reunited Black Sabbath was one of the planned headliners for this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, but was forced to pull out just before yesterday's official lineup announcement due to guitarist Tony Iommi's recent lymphoma diagnosis, multiple industry sources tell Billboard.

It's unclear which artist was added as a last-minute replacement for Coachella, which will be headlined by Radiohead, the Black Keys and Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, and held for the first time over two weekends (April 13-15, April 20-22) in Indio, Calif.

As reported yesterday, Iommi, 63, is working with his doctors to determine the best course of treatment. It is unknown if further live dates will be affected by his diagnosis, including a previously announced headlining slot at the Download Festival in England in early June.

In November, the group -- Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward -- announced album and tour plans. The album, Osbourne's first with the band since 1978, will be produced by Rick Rubin and is still on the schedule for a fall release through Vertigo/Universal.

Meanwhile, even without Black Sabbath, Coachella will still host several notable reunions, including influential hardcore bands Refused and At The Drive-In, as well as '90s alt-rockers Mazzy Star and Britpop icons Pulp, who got back together in 2011 but did not tour North America.

Pemulis
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh how I would love to go to this. It's probably for the best I don't though, if I missed even one band I want to see it would put a damper on the whole affair and I just know half the bands I will want to see will be playing at the same time, especially considering 90% of the ones I wouldn't want to miss are packed into the first two days. At the Drive-In is really the only band I'm dying to see on the last day. Really just them and Real Estate.

Interesting that they're doing it two weekends in a row. What weekend are those of you who are going planning to attend?

BRoswell
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Shit, I wish I could make it out there for this. The lineup is pretty fantastic.

Kid Charlemagne
01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
The Black Sabbath thing is perplexing. I would have love to have seen them, but last year Paul Tollett who runs Coachella said that they wouldn't get an old headliner, which makes me question if they did book Sabbath or not. Also, Sabbath were pretty set on having their appearance at Download as their first big reunion show. Then again, a shit ton of money was probably thrown at them and they couldn't refuse, unfortunately cancer had to strike Tony Iommi. It's odd to figure out who was put in their place though. We know Radiohead was a given, but some people are saying Dre and Snoop were the last minute replacement, but I would think a big comeback like that would have had to have been set months in advance. So maybe it was Black Keys. Something tells me we may get another mid tier or big name act before the actual festival.

Dra508
01-11-2012, 08:49 PM
^^^ I'm agree. To old school headliners isn't what has been Coachella's MO since they went to three days.

Big luv to Kid for pointing out one of my favorite 80's bands was playing on Saturday.

Time to start whining about potential conflicts. We won't know until what? One week before?

Kid Charlemagne
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Last time, we didn't find out till 36 hours before the actual event. I would hope they do it earlier since they have two weekends. I already know Saturday is going to be a clusterfuck of conflicts.

JessicaSarahS
01-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Interesting that they're doing it two weekends in a row. What weekend are those of you who are going planning to attend?

Kid C., rdm and I are attending weekend one.

littlemonkey613
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Weekend one as well.

Jinsai
01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
what the hell is going on with this website!? I logged in at exactly 10:00 am, and I've been sitting in another window that says "youre on the standby page" for 12 minutes. Just let me buy the damn tickets already

Kid Charlemagne
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
It's Front Gate Tickets, they have these crappy waiting room pages. They did this for ACL last year and it was a fucking nightmare.

Kid Charlemagne
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
And with that, weekend one is sold out.

JessicaSarahS
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
And with that, weekend one is sold out.

I'm so glad that I purchased early this year. I did not want to sit this out again like I did last year :(

littlemonkey613
01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Radiohead was selling some on their website for $297 but now they are all gone. Did anyone get them from that? I thought that was funny those sly bastards.

Dra508
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, my grand plan to spend two weeks in the desert have failed with no weekend 2 ticket. At least I got weekend 1.

JessicaSarahS
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
The whole fest is sold out now. Craziness!

Rdm
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Both weekends sold out . WOW

Rdm
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
150,000 thousand tickets :o at $300.

Kid Charlemagne
01-13-2012, 04:05 PM
For those of you still needing to get tickets. Check Stub Hub periodically, they usually have people selling tickets, you may pay and extra $100 for a pass, but it's better than nothing and they're all legit. That's stubhub.com folks.

Dra508
01-13-2012, 04:10 PM
150,000 thousand tickets :o at $300.What's your point. It's like $3 per set. Best bargain around.

Kid Charlemagne
01-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Rdm, did you end up getting tickets?

frankie teardrop
01-13-2012, 04:54 PM
i think rdm was just saying that that's a lot of cheddar for the festival's (and hopefully the bands') pockets!

Dra508
01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
For those of you still needing to get tickets. Check Stub Hub periodically, they usually have people selling tickets, you may pay and extra $100 for a pass, but it's better than nothing and they're all legit. That's stubhub.com folks.
http://www.stubhub.com/coachella-music-festival-tickets/coachella-music-festival-indio-empire-polo-field-4-20-2012-1092603/

OUCH

JessicaSarahS
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I know someone selling a Weekend 2 pass+camping, if anyone is interested.

Jinsai
01-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I know someone selling a Weekend 2 pass+camping, if anyone is interested.

I'm interested. Face value?

JessicaSarahS
01-14-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm interested. Face value?

Yep. I'll let her know and I'll PM you.

Rdm
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
What's your point. It's like $3 per set. Best bargain around.

I have a ticket . I was just saying thats a lot of money made.

Kid Charlemagne
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Who knows how much money they're making, after paying for all the bands and the space and everything, they could just come out breaking even.

bobbie solo
01-15-2012, 04:02 AM
you really think that's realistic? Coachella is a huge internationally known event that kicks off that year's season of hyped artists and festivals. they sell overpriced tickets that sell out within hours now, and has expanded to two weekends that hold 75,000 people each. add in the insaaaaane amount of sponsorship dollars they collect, and there is absolutely no chance they just break even. Golden Voice makes a shitoad of $ from this, and has served as a model for many of ther stateside festivals to make bank as well.

Dra508
01-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Yep. I'll let her know and I'll PM you.If Jinsai doesn't buy it. I will.

littlemonkey613
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
My roommate wants to trade a Weekend 2 shuttle and GA pass (the $335 one) for a regular Weekend 1 pass. PM if interested!

Dra508
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
My roommate wants to trade a Weekend 2 shuttle and GA pass (the $335 one) for a regular Weekend 1 pass. PM if interested!I can't trade, but if your room mate wants to sell me her/his weekend 2 pass, PM me. :)

Dra508
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
44 Days and I still need a second weekend ticket. :(

Kid Charlemagne
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
You can get one for $500 on Stub Hub. My pass should be coming in the mail today, can't wait!

Rdm
02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Did you get an email notification ? I haven't yet

Kid Charlemagne
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, they're sending notifications. I got the package in the mail, it's way better than the one we got last year.

Dra508
03-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Did you get an email notification ? I haven't yetI just got an email from UPS. Seems to be coming in waves.

Kid Charlemagne
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Ryan, by chance when did you order it?

JessicaSarahS
03-06-2012, 03:21 AM
I am selling my Weekend one pass. Going on a cruise instead and the arrival times conflicted with Coachella :(. I have the wristband already and I will ship it priority, unless you are willing to pay for overnight. PM me if interested.

Sold.

Dra508
03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Bought my weekend 2 pass. My brother sent me a photo of what they look like and they are completely different then weekend 1. So glad I saw that because I'd probably be screaming forgery when it arrives.

Broke, but stoked.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Did you buy it from a scalping site?

Dra508
03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Did you buy it from a scalping site?Yes, from a local one so I can drive over and pick up the wristband. I figure the additional $100 is my punishment for not buying the first chance I got.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Make sure it's not a crackhouse. I'm just excited for the set times to come out. I already know that I'll probably have to skip The Black Keys to see something else.

Dra508
03-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Make sure it's not a crackhouse. I'm just excited for the set times to come out. I already know that I'll probably have to skip The Black Keys to see something else.Oh my spreadsheet is nearly filled out on must-sees, try to sees, and no-way-make-my-ears-bleed-and-not-in-a-good-way list. Those set times do force you to make choices. Yours makes sense. I just hope Madness isn't the same time as Refused. Make it the same time as Manchester Orchestra.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I hope Madness doesn't conflict with either Refused or Mazzy Star, I'm fine with them conflicting with the Black Keys. Saturday I know I'll miss The Shins if I want to see Jeff Mangum and/or Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Jinsai
04-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Ok, so, since I purchased the ticket from someone in this thread, I feel the need to offer it up here first. I cannot go, and (also) I just need the money, does anyone here want to buy my ticket for weekend 2 + camping spot? I'm in a tight spot, and although I'd like to go, I can't justify the cost anymore. I have too many bills to pay.

Anyone who wants it, message me asap please

butters
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Dre & Snoop's full performance (http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/04/coachella-video-highlights-dr-dre-and-tupac-at-the-drive-in-the-weeknd/) is pretty damn good.

andre78
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm dying to check Refused's performance... The Shape of Punk to Come is a masterpiece.

frankie teardrop
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
did anyone catch pulp and/or mazzy star? sad to have missed the pulp shows in NYC last week- and mazzy has yet to come to this coast since reactivating.

PQHooligan
04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Pulp's full set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=twq9miTwYms

Arctic Monkeys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YtYnWvUikSA

Explosions In The Sky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=98S_1cfhGj0

M83:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIIwnQCrRE&feature=player_embedded

The Black Keys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qvpXyi2PE&feature=player_embedded

Still waiting for Refused

littlemonkey613
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
At The Drive In was awesome.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
The Tupac hologram was freaking awesome to watch. I couldn't even imagine what it was like to see it live in action. So cool.

Dra508
04-16-2012, 07:16 PM
did anyone catch pulp and/or mazzy star? sad to have missed the pulp shows in NYC last week- and mazzy has yet to come to this coast since reactivating.Yes, Kid and I watched Pulp. Having never seen them before, I didn't quite know what to expect. Jarvis was very chatty, quite funny and entertaining. He said he wanted to "penetrate us". Is there not a video?

I missed Mazzy Star because I didn't want to give up my spot that I had for Pulp for the next set, The Black Keys. Being that I'll be going again next weekend, I'm planning on doing the back-to-back outdoor sets of Madness and Mazzy Star. That could all change if they actually change the set times.

orestes
04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
A youtube link of Pulp's full set was posted above. Sad they had to cut their setlist short because of time constraints.

Kid Charlemagne
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Shame about Pulp, they were my favorite set of the weekend. Black Keys pretty much mailed it in. Will post more later, tending to familial obligations unfortunately right now.

Kid Charlemagne
04-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Here we go:
Friday we caught the end of Other Lives' set which was good. Saw these guys twice for Radiohead and enjoyed them, they sound very Decemberists to me, but I think they can be a bigger and better band, they're very talented. Kendrick Lamar was good, your typical rap show, but his DJ playing an airhorn was annoying after a while, he could use more stage presence. James was awesome afterward, as expected "Laid" slayed, but they put on a great show and seemed to live in the moment. Neon Indian was next and they've become such a great live band, they had the crowd dancing the whole time despite it being cold as fuck, just a fun set for a guy who used to basically DJ his sets.

I saw the first part of Arctic Monkeys' set and they were awesome and almost made me wish I stayed. The band is tighter, Alex Turner is so fucking cool and the band just rolled out the fast numbers like nothing. I left to see Madness who were great and had me dancing with every other 40 year old in attendance. Pulp finally came and penetrated my earholes, it was everything I thought it would be despite the set being cut short. Jarvis is a showman, he's talkative, sexy, funny, and can still belt them out. The dude was fucking his monitors during "This is Hardcore", it was my favorite set of the weekend. I cooled down with Mazzy Star who got mixed reviews, but I thought her set sounded great and I got to hear most of what I wanted to hear. The Black Keys headlined and well, were honestly disappointing. They showed up late, only played for an hour and looked like they didn't give two shits about being up there, they mailed it in. They sounded fine, but it looked and sounded like every Keys show I've been to with an El Camino song here and there. Perhaps an off night. I closed with Refused and fuck me were they awesome. The crowd was intense, Dennis sounded great and they gave The Shape of Punk to Come its just due. Just an amazing way to close up Friday.

Saturday we saw Azelia Banks, I was cautious of her, but for the 25 minutes she was on stage, she owned it, she'll be a big deal. fIREHOSE were okay, I love Mike Watt, but they pretty much looked and played like any 50+ bar band you can find. Buzzcocks were next and upstaged most of the younger bands that weekend, the crowd had a shit ton of fun, as did I. I went to Noel Gallagher and most of his new songs sound the same, kind of boring, but him closing with "Don't Look Back in Anger" instead of "Wonderwall" was awesome, especially since it pissed off all the bros who wanted to hear it. Jeff Mangum was good, it was soft, and he had some horns, but all the NMH fans were happy like me and you can't ask for much more than that. I saw Kasabian afterward and it's a shame they don't headline arenas in the states. They killed and had the overflowing tent up and dancing. Once they played "Vlad the Impaler" and "Fire", it turned into a dance party that rivaled Swedish House Mafia, Guetta, or Avicii. Brilliant performance. I stayed for Godspeed You! Black Emperor and it was everything I dreamed of. Just beautiful and emotionally draining. Finally Radiohead performed and it was a great show. It's sort of impossible for them to disappoint me. Dra and I were Thom dancing for most of the set because it was that much fun.

We got a late start for Sunday and saw a bit of Real Estate, I've seen them a few times, but I didn't know how popular they were, their tent was overflowing. Saw a bit of The Growlers who were fun and kind of made me want to check them out more. I saw the first half of Wild Flag's set which was alright before walking over to The Hives. They may get a bad rap, but I like them, they sounded great, shitload of energy, fast songs, and endless hilarious banter and stage costumes complete with suit tales and top hats. It's good to have them back. I saw The Weeknd who was good, I was skeptical, but his live band is great, he's got a voice and with some shows under his belt, he'll be fine.

I went to Justice which was easily the worst performance of the weekend. They came out 25 minutes late, played three songs each like nine minute each, and stood up there like they had no idea how to play, they looked bored and when I looked at Girl Talk's crowd, I hated myself knowing I went to the wrong dance party. At the Drive In were good, t was a short set and the crowd sort of sucked, but it was a bucket list thing for me, typical going through the motions reunion show, but I was glad I saw it. Florence + the Machine were good, so many women, but fuck, her voice carries and people lose their shit to her songs, her and ATDI could have switched stages because she literally carried that crowd. Dre and Snoop ended with a bang, and I loved every minute of it, from Digital Tupac to Warren G and 50 CENT AND TONY YAYO! I had no idea either of them were alive. Eminem's cameo was okay. But it was just a great show, great band, great songs, great guests. "California Love" was great as was "Still DRE". If you weren't having a great time, you just had a problem with fun.

Overall, a good weekend, an improvement from last year and I wish I was going next year. Much love to Dra and her brother for letting me stay with them, I had an excellent time and felt right at home with them, just fantastic people.

bobbie solo
04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
oh look who's in his glory!

Kid Charlemagne
04-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Come on man, I don't get to go out much anymore, so things like this mean a lot to me. Especially considering all the bad things I've had to endure this past month.

bobbie solo
04-17-2012, 12:27 AM
im just busting chops. you do get REALLY psyched for festivals. i'd rather go to intimate shows with fans of the band. and you live in Austin, right? its not exactly podunk. what happened this month? i might be able to top it in the shitty things dept.

Kid Charlemagne
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
I actually live in San Antonio. I don't go to as many shows as I used to though, Austin is 70 minutes away which may not sound bad, but an increasing workload and trying to graduate have slowed down things, so with Coachella, Bonnaroo, and the smaller events in Austin, it gives me a nice four days to go out and relax. Normally I would love to go to intimate shows in Austin, but I can see a good chunk of bands at festivals (including bands like Pulp, Mazzy, Refused, etc.) that don't even fly over Texas. I won't delve into specifics of what's happened, you can go to the how fucked was your day thread for that, but when I catch my mom choking and nearly having a seizure on her medication two hours before I'm supposed to board a flight for my vacation, well it doesn't exactly set the tone for having a great time.

bobbie solo
04-17-2012, 12:42 AM
sorry man, thats awful. hope she's better.

my month:
dad's cancer has spread to lungs. surgery on orig, tumor in bile duct not possible now, maybe ever.

wife laid off.

my raise denied.

"sure thing" jobs i was recommended to at company i work for part-time never even got me to interview stage.

neighbor next door on shared wall has been renovating house for 17 months off and on. now moves to 7 days a week work, starting at 7:30am on weekdays, 1.5 hrs before i need to wake up for work.

shitty college kids throw cigarette butts over balcony into our backyard.

bobbie solo
04-17-2012, 12:42 AM
oh, and the sets at Coachella were way too short.

Dra508
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
oh, and the sets at Coachella were way too short.It's a festival. They are all short. Don't go to them, stick with your intimate shows mkay?

Kid - you didn't tell everyone about your brush with greatness. WTF?

Kid Charlemagne
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
It's a festival. They are all short. Don't go to them, stick with your intimate shows mkay?

Kid - you didn't tell everyone about your brush with greatness. WTF?Dra is referring to me meeting Josh Homme. I came back from getting pizza before Buzzcocks were to play and she points out Josh Homme, naturally I go up to him and some dude is trying to block my view, I kind of side swipe him and introduce myself to Josh (telling him "hey I have the same name too" which prompts him to say "Cool man, there's not many of us out there) and I also tell him how much I love Songs for the Deaf. He shakes my hand, I leave happily, and get back to Dra and her bro. They then inform me that some actor was right right there too, but I didn't notice and said actor looks pissed at me in the photo. We find out I unknowingly snubbed Tim Roth.

ANYWAY! Weekend two should be normal and hot as hell, looking forward to the webcast this weekend.

sgtkabukisbukaki
04-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Dra is referring to me meeting Josh Homme. I came back from getting pizza before Buzzcocks were to play and she points out Josh Homme, naturally I go up to him and some dude is trying to block my view, I kind of side swipe him and introduce myself to Josh (telling him "hey I have the same name too" which prompts him to say "Cool man, there's not many of us out there) and I also tell him how much I love Songs for the Deaf. He shakes my hand, I leave happily, and get back to Dra and her bro. They then inform me that some actor was right right there too, but I didn't notice and said actor looks pissed at me in the photo. We find out I unknowingly snubbed Tim Roth.

ANYWAY! Weekend two should be normal and hot as hell, looking forward to the webcast this weekend.

I loved his performance in Reservoir Dogs.... when he's dyin' in the back seat of the car (I'M FUCKIN DYIN HEA MAN!!), and Harvey Keitel is sayin, "You gonna be okayyy just say da FUCKING WOIDS!!" Where's the photo?

Dra508
04-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Diving back into the desert. It's going to be a hot one. Plan to see Death Grips, Grouplove, Madness, Mazzy Star, M83, and The Refused. Sorry to miss Pulp, but I gotta go to Madness this time.

ltrandazzo
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
So. There's a picture that was posted on Coachella's social networks saying Monday 10 AM Pacific. Speculation?

richardp
05-11-2012, 05:07 PM
It's probably just the announcement of next years dates. If I remember correctly, Lollapalooza usually kind of does a similar announcement a week or so after each fest.

neorev
05-12-2012, 01:20 AM
It truly saddens me that no one is even mentioning Amon Tobin's performance at all... ::shakes head::
Which I have to say, pisses all over that stupid Tupac hologram thing... was not into that at all.
Amon Tobin's ISAM Live show was one of the most breathtaking and earth shattering experiences I have ever seen in a live performance... EVER!
I was lucky enough to see it when he came to Brooklyn Masonic Temple for 3 nights.
And it's 3D without the need of glasses... it was just insane looking.
Videos don't do it justice because you can't really experience it's properly
Plus the Coachella set up was 80% bigger!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTmvSkOpYXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBhA9j0fNq8

Kid Charlemagne
05-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Amon Tobin, so I didn't see it, though I didn't hear many people talking about it. Dre and Holopac were cool but I thought Pulp and Refused easily gave the best performances of the weekend.

As for the announcements, it'll probably be the festival dates as well as the on sale date for the payment plan.

Dra508
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/05/coachella-funny-or-die.jpeg (http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/05/coachella-funny-or-die.jpeg)

Kid Charlemagne
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Being Broke for the Rest of April sucks, I hate that band.

Dra508
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Shirtless Bro's. I'm at the rail for them.

Kid Charlemagne
05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Dra unfortunately for you it was too cold for Weekend One and I couldn't pop that shirt off to show everyone I've been working out.

Kid Charlemagne
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
And I'm confirmed for weekend one, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually quite painless.

allegro
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Shirtless Bro's. I'm at the rail for them.

They forgot "Don't drink anything all day so you don't have to use the DISGUSTING portapotties"

(warming up for "Waiting until you get back to the hotel to poop")

Sutekh
05-17-2012, 12:40 PM
"I'd like a bottle of warm coke please"
"that'll be twenty pounds"
"lol"

Dra508
05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
They forgot "Don't drink anything all day so you don't have to use the DISGUSTING portapotties"

(warming up for "Waiting until you get back to the hotel to poop")

HAHAHA both very funny. However, it's so fucking hot in the desert, you don't sweat or pee.

Got me both weekend tickets. Payment plan is pretty sweet since I don't feel like giving Golden Voice all my money in advance.

If shit hits the fan and I can't go to both weekends - ya'll will be the first to get a crack at face value.

allegro
05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I went in 2005 and I had to pee but I had special VIPEE press passes from Lunatica so I got to pee in a real toilet.

Dra508
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/coachella-leaving-indio-tax_n_1650695.html

The nation's marquee music festival is homeless: Goldenvoice, the company that produces the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival, has reportedly decided to move the massive concert weekend out of Indio after the California city proposed an $18 ticket tax for 2014.
It's a surprising move given Coachella's 13-year history in the town outside of Palm Springs (especially since the measure isn't even on the ballot yet), but concert promoters have apparently had enough of what they say are Indio's ungrateful ways.

theruiner
07-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I went in 2005 and I had to pee but I had special VIPEE press passes from Lunatica so I got to pee in a real toilet.Hey! We were there the same year! :)

I, however, had to pee in a Porta-Potty.

Fixer808
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/coachella-leaving-indio-tax_n_1650695.html
aka "The dumbest economic move a town has made in a long goddamn time".

theruiner
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Well, if you've ever been to Indio, you know that they have a LOT going on. So, even if Coachella leaves...you know...they'll be just...fine...*breaks down sobbing*

bobbie solo
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
this controversy is now over, from what i've read. Coachella isn't moving anywhere.

PQHooligan
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
So this is going to happen:

http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/07/ss-coachella.jpg

http://ss.coachella.com/index.php

Not worth it to me to spend $500, before airfare, to see bands I've already seen.

NotoriousTIMP
07-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Holy shit, its not in Indio anymore? WTF?

Jinsai
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Holy shit, its not in Indio anymore? WTF?

I'm assuming this is a separate venture... right?
But really, this is a pretty weak lineup for the price, luxury cruise in jamaica or no.

Sutekh
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Pulp are Gods... but that is a horrendous lineup (so far)

DVYDRNS
07-17-2012, 08:59 PM
this is the worst idea ever. lets trap ourselves on a boat with a ton of smelly entitled hipsters who are drunk off their ass to see some really sub par bands. this is just horrible. if they throw a cruise anything like they throw a show it will be an even worse version of carnival cruises. bleck.

BlueCalx
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Long-term Pulp fan here to speculate that, given Jarvis Cocker's sense of humour and method of writing, this ill-conceived venture will provide him with enough raw material for three more (uncharacteristically caustic) albums.

october_midnight
07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
There's a '5,000 hipsters on a boat' joke in here somewhere...I'll get back to you.

DVYDRNS
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
what do you call 5000 hipsters on a sinking ship?

a good start.

ta dum TSHHHHHHH

october_midnight
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
That'll do lol.

Jinsai
07-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Pulp are Gods... but that is a horrendous lineup (so far)

Yeah, Pulp are great, but come on... ok, El-P, !!!, and a couple other points on there are fun... but really, you have a cruise ship... and this one looks to be huge. They could have awesome dj/electronic sets out by the pool, constant great rock bands in the theater, and then go back to your roots Coachella and bring in some truly interesting music in some alternate lounge. THese cruise ships have tons of rooms they could pull that off in.

And there's none of that.

Boo.

At least you get to hang out in the afternoon in either Jamaica or the Bahamas, and rush to get back on the ship before 5:30... for one night.

Might be good for couples where somebody has expendable income.

bobbie solo
07-18-2012, 01:02 AM
im sure it will be like most of these other cruises out now, and some part of the live performances will actually be on a private island in the Bahamas, right on the beach. That's the biggest draw based on the videos i've seen from some of these other cruises. really unique experience, awful, awful crowd notwithstanding.

DVYDRNS
07-18-2012, 01:03 AM
might be good for shitheads....