PDA

View Full Version : Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

Jinsai
12-02-2020, 02:31 AM
Trump is supposedly thinking about kicking off his 2024 campaign on Inauguration Day
Because what better way to historically cement the damaging bullshit wrecking ball your tenure has President has been, what better way to make sure every historian has got it right when they say “this guy sucked” for generations to come. Do it, please.

versusreality
12-02-2020, 05:00 AM
Because what better way to historically cement the damaging bullshit wrecking ball your tenure has President has been, what better way to make sure every historian has got it right when they say “this guy sucked” for generations to come. Do it, please.

and to just further divide the country. those 70+ million people aren't moving on anytime soon.

again, he's not going away until he's dead.

WorzelG
12-02-2020, 05:58 AM
and to just further divide the country. those 70+ million people aren't moving on anytime soon.

again, he's not going away until he's dead.
I’m sure all 70million plus aren’t total Trumpsters but maybe can’t bring themselves not to vote republican? It’s the same in the UK where it’s also a 2 party thing (like why else would anyone vote for Michael Gove or Jacob Rees-Mogg who are incredibly smackable people)

halo eighteen
12-02-2020, 06:30 AM
I’m sure all 70million plus aren’t total Trumpsters but maybe can’t bring themselves not to vote republican? It’s the same in the UK where it’s also a 2 party thing (like why else would anyone vote for Michael Gove or Jacob Rees-Mogg who are incredibly smackable people)

There's ways of voting for literally anybody else (or nobody at all) for President and still voting the rest of the ballot for other races. A xenophobic, racist, misogynistic piece of shit had 74 million votes from people, and I'm not about to start making justifiable excuses for why they voted for him. The bottom line is that they did.

allegate
12-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Wait, what? Ohhhhhhhhh, okay, I’m seeing it, now.

My last name ends with an “s,” too.

When denoting possession with surname ending with an “s,”, you don’t add ANOTHER “s” after the apostrophe; you just add an apostrophe at the end of the surname to denote possession.

Mr. Jones’ cat.

So, yeah, I see it in that document.

Smells like Rick GATES.

Edit: Or Nicky Lum Davis

same for my last name - and first name - so I get a lot of usage out of that dumb rule. and from teachers who liked to say it was/wasn't wrong to use it growing up. So I'd go from one year of a teacher saying that s' was correct to the next year's teacher saying that s's was correct.

my apologies on the size of the image. whew.

https://i.imgflip.com/3rq7ws.png

Jinsai
12-02-2020, 09:28 AM
I’m sure all 70million plus aren’t total Trumpsters but maybe can’t bring themselves not to vote republican?

Exactly, and I really think it's actually kind of dangerous to conflate the entire turnout for Trump in 2020 as evidence of his cult support. He only really realistically owns 10% or so of that turnout as far as "devotees" go.

WorzelG
12-02-2020, 09:36 AM
There's ways of voting for literally anybody else (or nobody at all) for President and still voting the rest of the ballot for other races. A xenophobic, racist, misogynistic piece of shit had 74 million votes from people, and I'm not about to start making justifiable excuses for why they voted for him. The bottom line is that they did.
Ugh I’m not defending people voting that way, I’m just trying to say that all 74m may not be in the EXTREME cult of Trump! I can’t bear people who vote like that in the UK either

allegate
12-02-2020, 04:22 PM
So the Gritty/Four Seasons shirt has a twitter thread RE the amount donated and it's really interesting.

https://twitter.com/sawdustbear/status/1331703600150585344?s=20

That's a lot of dough for a half-assed idea/meme.

GulDukat
12-03-2020, 10:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzTuaVS8Kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY

allegate
12-03-2020, 10:23 AM
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1334318185772961796?s=20

Rudy - Rudy - tries to get her to stop talking.

ickyvicky
12-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Omg, is she drunk? And her hair, did she just roll outta bed?

richardp
12-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Holy shit that lady is a M E S S. How many types of pills is she on here, you think?

sonic_discord
12-03-2020, 02:26 PM

Someone spliced it with clips from SNL to hilarious effect:
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1334345295577165825

botley
12-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Trump's liason to the Justice Dept. was banned from the building (https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-politics-elections-7624560e990ec55383a2a3e421c3a52e) for pressuring staffers to squeal about pending cases.

allegate
12-03-2020, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/AGKarlRacine/status/1334590451530297355?s=20

So, uh...#lockherup

allegro
12-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Rudy farting, though? This just keeps getting better.

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1334352749392228353?s=21

Jinsai
12-03-2020, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzTuaVS8Kk

This is really... really getting tired. Dude, you FUCKING LOST.
YOU. LOST.

Pack your shit and get out of our lives you pathetic, whiney, loser. You lost because we do not like you. Biden won because we do not like you, not because we necessarily love him. Anyone would have won, because most people with two brain cells to rub together despise you. You are a loser, because you lost, and it's really that simple.

Yet, I still feel like the "final girl" at the end of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, escaping in the back of a truck while the crazy guy with the mask made of human skin is flailing around in frustration swinging his chainsaw, and I'm laughing hysterically, screaming "GO! GO!!!!!!!"
And still, in the back of my mind, because this is a horror movie, maybe the car is about to break down. Maybe it isn't really over. It's always when you feel the most safe...

Erneuert
12-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Rudy farting, though? This just keeps getting better.

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1334352749392228353?s=21

lmfao

allegate
12-03-2020, 08:02 PM
well well well

https://twitter.com/jiveDurkey/status/1334599719398633472?s=20

onthewall2983
12-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Yet, I still feel like the "final girl" at the end of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, escaping in the back of a truck while the crazy guy with the mask made of human skin is flailing around in frustration swinging his chainsaw, and I'm laughing hysterically, screaming "GO! GO!!!!!!!"
And still, in the back of my mind, because this is a horror movie, maybe the car is about to break down. Maybe it isn't really over. It's always when you feel the most safe...

If we're going to through movie references out, I feel more like we're James Caan at the end of Thief, righteously slaying the enemies but walking into darkness.

Jinsai
12-03-2020, 08:25 PM
If we're going to through movie references out, I feel more like we're James Caan at the end of Thief, righteously slaying the enemies but walking into darkness.

but... really... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGHbYYoSvYw

Magnetic
12-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Accurate.

DF118
12-03-2020, 09:11 PM
I'm amazed Giuliani hasn't just killed himself.

Edit: by being like, fuck it, that's it. I'm done. Not worth it. *jumps*

Also that ExploreTalent profile picture of Carone looks like every Tinder swipe-right I've ever regretted.

Magnetic
12-03-2020, 09:27 PM
I think Giuliani farting during that briefing without missing a beat illustrates he has zero fucks to give.
I'm still dying from that woman giving the side eye when it happened.

DF118
12-03-2020, 09:35 PM
I think Giuliani farting during that briefing without missing a beat illustrates he has zero fucks to give.

Exactly, one has to be that close to the edge to be that far gone.

Bah, who am I kidding. He's just pathetic.

Jenna Ellis is not just "that woman". She's one of the worst cronies not yet jumped ship. (https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status/1275215576684802049)

elevenism
12-04-2020, 12:24 AM
Trump and co never, ever thought they'd win in the courtroom.

This is about winning in the court of opinion of his base of low information voters and misinformed voters.

So, yeah, the court bullshit is hilarious, but, I'm afraid the goal is being accomplished, here. Otherwise, senior Republicans would be DENOUNCING trump. Instead, they're supporting him, or keeping quiet.

They are SCARED of him. They're scared of being struck down by one of his tweets, and dreaming of being king for a day by getting in his good graces.

This is the Trump party, now. Retrumplicans. This guy is the most popular person in the history of the modern GOP. I doubt he's going anywhere.

We ABSOLUTELY cannot rest on our laurels now.

Jinsai
12-04-2020, 01:08 AM
elevenism is right; there is no way Trump is stupid enough to think he's actually going to win this. He's a stupid, stupid man, he's a narcissistic and comically vain man, but he's not quite functionally gone to the point where he actually thinks he's going to win at this point.

It's a stunt, and all the speculation is meaningless until he moves ahead with whatever it is. All I care about is that he will no longer be president after January 20th.

WorzelG
12-04-2020, 01:30 AM
Why is the US so obsessed with voter fraud? Whenever I’ve voted in the UK, I’ve never had to give ID. You get a letter to every address asking who is resident and eligible to vote, a card is posted a month or so earlier which you hand in when you vote, then you put a cross on the form with a PENCIL and put the vote in a box. Massively low tech, ha ha.

versusreality
12-04-2020, 04:49 AM
The US isn't obsessed with voter fraud. Trump is.
Except for his idiot believers, no one else thinks voter fraud is legit.

WorzelG
12-04-2020, 06:54 AM
I think because Trump has been going on and on about it for so many years it just feels more widespread

Magnetic
12-04-2020, 07:11 AM
Why is the US so obsessed with voter fraud? Whenever I’ve voted in the UK, I’ve never had to give ID. You get a letter to every address asking who is resident and eligible to vote, a card is posted a month or so earlier which you hand in when you vote, then you put a cross on the form with a PENCIL and put the vote in a box. Massively low tech, ha ha.

The issue arrives because our voting process is different state by state, and sometimes county by county, so the practices of one state might look strange to another. We're also a bigger country by population and geography, I think it's 5x that of the UK.

I don't think voter fraud is really a big deal, but it's becomes the straw man to pull out when people don't like the way an election has gone.

sweeterthan
12-04-2020, 08:38 AM
I think because Trump has been going on and on about it for so many years it just feels more widespread

yes he made it an issue with his base. a family friend’s husband deleted me in june because i tried to tell him there was no widespread voter fraud in the us. it was a post i made encouraging people to vote by mail because of covid. he came on to my post saying voting by mail is fraudulent. i’m like no buddy absentee has been in place for years. good riddance i guess but i hate that trump’s politics polarized people so much. i will forever blame the GOP for sitting back and watching the last four years play out like it did.

WorzelG
12-04-2020, 09:42 AM
yes he made it an issue with his base. a family friend’s husband deleted me in june because i tried to tell him there was no widespread voter fraud in the us. it was a post i made encouraging people to vote by mail because of covid. he came on to my post saying voting by mail is fraudulent. i’m like no buddy absentee has been in place for years. good riddance i guess but i hate that trump’s politics polarized people so much. i will forever blame the GOP for sitting back and watching the last four years play out like it did.
Do these people think disabled people or people that happen to be away when a vote occurs shouldn't be allowed to vote at all? The virus just made it a total no brainer to vote by mail

allegate
12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
So Trump's vote for Trump should be thrown out? I mean that's the basest argument you can make for voting by mail, and even for absentee voting since he's a Florida "resident".
Do these people think disabled people or people that happen to be away when a vote occurs shouldn't be allowed to vote at all? The virus just made it a total no brainer to vote by mailAnd yes, they do. Just the other day I saw someone somewhat high up in the Republican chain say that all absentee votes should be thrown out, even the military.

Jinsai
12-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Do these people think disabled people or people that happen to be away when a vote occurs shouldn't be allowed to vote at all? The virus just made it a total no brainer to vote by mail

You say "no brainer," but have you actually met or spoken with a MAGA in person? They're pretty intense like that

sonic_discord
12-04-2020, 11:29 AM

Exactly. The sheer amount of record-breaking (over 100 million!) early voting/mail-in/absentee votes that needed to be counted this election is proof of that.

Yeah, he's the king of beating a dead horse and repeating something over and over and over, despite it's truthfulness or lack thereof, until his supporters believe it. The fact that he has brought it up so much that we actually have to have conversations about it to shut it down only makes his supporters more suspicious that the other side is cheating or convinced that he's right. I mean the news and social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook even have to step in and say "this is a baseless claim/incorrect/misleading, etc. and since he's also turned them against the media, they won't even believe that! Trump is an idiot, but he does (unfortunately) seem to be really good at creating these no-win scenarios where you can't even present facts and debate his followers because they're already entrenched in the idea that the dems are cheating and therefore they won't listen to ANYTHING the left (or the media) has so say on the matter. Trump is also the closest thing I've seen to a false deity in my lifetime, which is ironic considering the fact that evangelical Christians have hitched their wagon to him (hypocrites!).

Jinsai
12-04-2020, 11:41 AM
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

- Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda minister

allegro
12-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Why is the US so obsessed with voter fraud?

One word: Racism.

There’s a huge group of people in this country who do not want another certain collective group of people in this country to “take over” and have any voice at all. Hence why black people weren’t given the legal ability to vote until 1965, and that law was largely overturned in 2013 by Republicans and SCOTUS.

Oddly enough, the ones screaming about “illegal aliens” and dead people voting, and demanding ID etc. (similar to requiring blacks to take tests or guess the number of jelly beans in a jar in days of old before being able to vote) are the ones with actual history of election fraud in this country.

They think (via propaganda) there is a difference between absentee voting and mail-in voting. There isn’t. They’re convinced, via propaganda, that billions of unsolicited “ballots” were mailed to unregistered voters; that dead people are voting via mail-in ballots and nobody notices; that the virus is a hoax; that China shipped ships full of ballots for Biden that were included in the election counts, etc. Of course, this is all nonsense, but they can’t wrap their heads around the concept that everyone else does not love Trump as much as them, and they’ve spent over 40 years literally demonizing Democrats, so logical answers aren’t available to them.

WorzelG
12-05-2020, 12:15 PM
One word: Racism.

There’s a huge group of people in this country who do not want another certain collective group of people in this country to “take over” and have any voice at all. Hence why black people weren’t given the legal ability to vote until 1965, and that law was largely overturned in 2013 by Republicans and SCOTUS.

Oddly enough, the ones screaming about “illegal aliens” and dead people voting, and demanding ID etc. (similar to requiring blacks to take tests or guess the number of jelly beans in a jar in days of old before being able to vote) are the ones with actual history of election fraud in this country.

They think (via propaganda) there is a difference between absentee voting and mail-in voting. There isn’t. They’re convinced, via propaganda, that billions of unsolicited “ballots” were mailed to unregistered voters; that dead people are voting via mail-in ballots and nobody notices; that the virus is a hoax; that China shipped ships full of ballots for Biden that were included in the election counts, etc. Of course, this is all nonsense, but they can’t wrap their heads around the concept that everyone else does not love Trump as much as them, and they’ve spent over 40 years literally demonizing Democrats, so logical answers aren’t available to them.
How the hell did Obama ever get elected with all this shit under the surface (well not under the surface anymore)?

allegate
12-05-2020, 01:21 PM
more people were excited than were vehemently racist, but then the racism started to gain traction so the racists decided they could stand in the light and not shrink away from the exposure. and then you get Donald Trump who told them they were very fine people.

Jinsai
12-05-2020, 02:04 PM
How the hell did Obama ever get elected with all this shit under the surface (well not under the surface anymore)?

The scarier thing is, how the hell didn't we have a non-white/male president sooner... but once we finally did, the apparent backlash was to elect a fucking TV show goon racist who could barely stitch together thoughts but was decent at childish name-calling.

The past four years have really said a lot about where we really are as a progressive nation.

M1ke
12-05-2020, 04:05 PM
I can't seem to find the episode, but there was an episode of hidden brain that looked at this phenomenon, about a backlash that comes after letting in a person who's part of a group that's been shut out for so long.

But basically, having voted for and elected Obama allows racists to say "Hey look, we're can't be racist, we elected Obama" and then go a do a whole bunch of racist shit. It provides a sort of mental defense, where a person has done this one thing, and so whenever the question of whether they're racist comes up, they only look at that one thing that makes them feel good about themselves and convinces them that they can't possibly be racist.

And that then opens the floodgates for even worse racism than was there before, because people no longer see themselves as doing racist things. Trump says he's the least racist person ever, while doing overtly racist things. I'd be willing to bet that most of his followers don't believe themselves to be racist, even though they're clearly voting for a racist piece of human garbage.

In the hidden brain episode, the story was about a painter, but I can't remember her name or exactly which country she was from, or exactly when it was (sorry). But basically, she was one of the most popular artists out there, but there was an award, or a gallery or something that wouldn't nominate her paintings for many years, because she was a woman. Finally, after a lot of backlash, they relented and her painting was nominated, and come in second. The next year she was nominated again, and got zero votes, despite being every bit as good that year as she was the year before.

In hindsight, I guess it shouldn't have been that surprising to see such a backlash. I was caught every bit as off-guard by it as everyone else, and hindsight is 20/20. But really what happened, is that racists voted for Obama, to convince themselves that they weren't racist, and then went into full-on racist mode the first chance they got and elected an assclown, while giving themselves some kind of mental immunity to the realization that they're being racist.

I doubt that it dissipates quickly.

BRoswell
12-05-2020, 05:23 PM
The past four years have really said a lot about where we really are as a progressive nation.

The problem is that we're not that progressive. There are countries that have less resources than we do and have still made big changes in regards to social, economic, and political issues. If we looked at what they did and adopted their ideas instead of looking down on them because of stupid jingoistic bullshit, we'd be in a better place.

Erneuert
12-05-2020, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsODRfCMRoM (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsODRfCMRoM)

ton
12-05-2020, 08:15 PM
We have an actual cult leader as a president.

allegro
12-05-2020, 10:26 PM

Obama was elected before the VRA was gutted. Gutting the VRA was in DIRECT RESPONSE to the Obama elections.

There was a HUGE backlash in response to a black guy in the White House. A black family in the White House was GREATLY offensive to a HUGE number of people in this country. Racists blamed Obama for the “increase in racism,” saying it was all basically his fault. Because he’s black, black people love him, and this country can’t have THAT SHIT. White people became angry that black people didn’t shut up and stay in the background, not make trouble, know their place. Now there was a black man as the leader of the free world, which was leading to an uprising among blacks who said “hey, he looks like me.” Obama was and is a role model.

That’s dangerous to people who hate black people and want black people in ghettos, working lower paid jobs and staying out of the suburbs.

Trump was behind the huge “birther” push, insisting that Obama wasn’t a legitimate President because he wasn’t born in the U.S. (bullshit) and was really Kenyan. Trump insisted that there was no way that Obama was smart enough to get into Harvard without Affirmative Action, and that Obama didn't get good grades. All of this stuff is racist dog whistles.

The Obama Presidency pretty much brought us the Trump Presidency.

Republicans are racist. There is no longer any way to sugar-coat it. It’s not “Trump’s Party.” It’s been racist since before Nixon. It’s gotten worse and worse, as the minority population increases. These Republicans defending Trump instead of the Constitution just demonstrate that Republicans are now total garbage.

Most of the areas that Trump is disputing as having huge numbers of fraudulent ballots are in black neighborhoods. Because “you can’t trust those black people.”

somewhat_
12-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Please, just make it stop. I can’t wait until January 20.

Jinsai
12-06-2020, 07:56 PM
His niece Mary Trump (the psychiatrist who wrote the bio book about what a psycho he is) says she thinks he honestly believes that he's been cheated, because he's psychologically incapable of processing losing on a scale this great, and that "he's the only person I've encountered who can gaslight himself."

It really is nuts... you have him on a rally stage (what exactly is the rally for?) saying that he "would lose graciously," if only he actually lost. I don't know if I should be annoyed or freaked out.

Erneuert
12-07-2020, 12:59 AM
I guess that fart was Rudy’s first COVID symptom. Or maybe it was the virus in distress, trying to flee its horrible host.

Jinsai
12-07-2020, 09:13 AM
similar to requiring blacks to take tests or guess the number of jelly beans in a jar

Holy shit... I thought you were joking at first, and then I looked it up. What the fuuuuuuuuuuck....
If I could add one thing to the history books that was seriously lacking in my education, it would be this sort of atrocious Jim Crow madness.

allegate
12-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Holy shit... I thought you were joking at first, and then I looked it up. What the fuuuuuuuuuuck....
If I could add one thing to the history books that was seriously lacking in my education, it would be this sort of atrocious Jim Crow madness.

this is not an attack on you, but on Republicans:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/OlSUgQk2sIlTW/giphy.gif

As long as they continue to keep people in the dark on things like this and the Tulsa bombing by not educating people on that side of history, this will continue to happen. Of course racism was over when we elected Obama, right? And I say this as someone who also didn't know about the Tulsa bombing until reading Lovecraft Country.

Leviathant
12-07-2020, 03:08 PM
I guess that fart was Rudy’s first COVID symptom. Or maybe it was the virus in distress, trying to flee its horrible host.

Can I talk about that fart for a moment? I saw said fart (https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1334344279305695232) reported far and wide, and I was kind of astonished that it was being reported on as though it was real. It's funny, I know I smashed that like button, but there are a few things to consider:
1) That's just not how desk microphones and butts in seats interact
2) Listen to the audio of the tweet (https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1334343108503416833) that the infamous fart tweet is in reply to, and at 1:21 you hear the same fart sound. I haven't taken it into do a spectral analysis or anything, but it sounds almost exactly the same, just quieter.
3) Note that in both clips, there are three "Live" badges. There's a yellow one at the top right, a red one on the top left (from YouTube), and a gray one (from WoodTV, the local NBC station, I think) And the clips we're watching are on Twitter, so it's at least three generations away from the original source, and susceptible to editing, whether in-line, or in post.

It kinda bums me out that the clip has three million views and was posted by a reporter.

Jon
12-07-2020, 03:48 PM
2) Listen to the audio of the tweet (https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1334343108503416833) that the infamous fart tweet is in reply to, and at 1:21 you hear the same fart sound. I haven't taken it into do a spectral analysis or anything, but it sounds almost exactly the same, just quieter.

The fart is actually a distorted voice saying "Red Horse Vector".

Jinsai
12-07-2020, 04:46 PM
I actually didn't know that people were thinking that video I saw with the loud fart noise was real...

I can't be looking at the same video as others have right? That's clearly not real. The audio gaps out weirdly.

Magnetic
12-07-2020, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry, but the side eye from the woman next to him tells me that misfire was real. Allegro's post:
https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5759-Trump-2020-%E2%80%9CTime-to-go-home-Donald-%E2%80%9D?p=519228#post519228

Jinsai
12-08-2020, 12:04 AM
He very well MIGHT have farted. but the audio cannot be real is all I'm saying.

GulDukat
12-08-2020, 10:40 AM
This guy will give Louie Gohmert a run for his money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=IkAwdPeRuL0&feature=emb_l ogo

allegro
12-08-2020, 11:58 AM
He very well MIGHT have farted. but the audio cannot be real is all I'm saying.

Even I didn’t think it was real.

I just thought it was HILARIOUS!!!!

I saw the video via former NBA player Rex Chapman, who posts funny videos all day.

Magnetic
12-08-2020, 12:12 PM
I guess I'll say I wouldn't be surprised if he did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

allegro
12-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Me, neither.

But it being THAT LOUD on audio when the mic was THAT FAR AWAY FROM HIS BUTT doesn’t make sense?

It’d have to be an EXPLOSIVE fart, and that wasn’t one of those. (Lol fart analysis lol)

There is a video circulating of that one “witness” and Rudy is trying to get her to remove her mask because he can’t hear her. And you can hear people on the panel saying no, it’s okay, they can hear her, and she’s obviously reluctant. Good thing because she’s sitting next to Rudy and then he tested positive for Covid. And now Jenna Ellis has it, too.

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1335689384830636033?s=21

Swykk
12-08-2020, 02:16 PM
I have to admit this riveting fart analysis is helping soothe the anxiety of these motherfuckers trying to pull a coup.

For the record, I think the sound was added for effect but the look from Ellis(?) seems like an unmistakable “Did you really just fart? I’m right here!” So I’m thinking he did really rip one out.

allegro
12-08-2020, 02:39 PM
https://twitter.com/stevehofstetter/status/1336350309363281922?s=21

WorzelG
12-08-2020, 03:17 PM
The fart sounded to my ears quite like the ETS April fools fart noise

allegro
12-08-2020, 03:29 PM
I have to admit this riveting fart analysis is helping soothe the anxiety of these motherfuckers trying to pull a coup.

This made me laugh so hard I stopped BREATHING:
https://youtu.be/Yo2UmckDAJw

https://twitter.com/meiselasb/status/1332516364850921472?s=21

allegro
12-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Supreme Court rejects Pennsylvania Republicans' attempt to block Biden victory (https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/politics/supreme-court-pennsylvania-trump-biden/index.html)

Midnight tonight is final court deadline.

allegate
12-09-2020, 10:47 AM
At what point to all the legal losses start to dilute his "reputation" as a person who knows what the fuck he's doing?

For his supporters? Never

For everyone else living in reality? Doesn't matter. We always knew he never knew what the fuck he's doing.

pretty sure they think he's playing 5d chess and the whole time they're thinking to themselves "what's chess?"

GulDukat
12-09-2020, 12:16 PM
Does he even believe this?

“If somebody cheated in the Election, which the Democrats did, why wouldn’t the Election be immediately overturned?” the president complained. “How can a Country be run like this?” (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/how-can-a-country-be-run-like-this-trump-demands-2020-election-be-immediately-overturned/)

allegate
12-09-2020, 02:36 PM
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1336470426504077312

BRoswell
12-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Does he even believe this?

“If somebody cheated in the Election, which the Democrats did, why wouldn’t the Election be immediately overturned?” the president complained. “How can a Country be run like this?” (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/how-can-a-country-be-run-like-this-trump-demands-2020-election-be-immediately-overturned/)

Imagine being the president and not knowing the answers to these questions. This is why the world laughs at us.

Failure
12-09-2020, 10:39 PM
I am still nervous about all of this; I feel like something terrible is going to happen. “Mask Yourself For The Massacre”.

Actually...nobody steal that tag. Unless Trent wants to use that title for his next NIN record. Otherwise, I am copywriting it. LOL. Going nutty over here watching CNN every day.

allegate
12-10-2020, 10:47 AM
And now 17 other states are jumping on board. wtaf.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/1336847450942955521?s=20

sweeterthan
12-10-2020, 01:04 PM
And now 17 other states are jumping on board. wtaf.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/1336847450942955521?s=20

17 other states to my state: your vote doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allegro
12-10-2020, 02:03 PM
17 other states to my state: your vote doesn’t matter.

Particularly if you’re black.

allegate
12-10-2020, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1337136520399085568?s=20

Can it just be January already.

Erneuert
12-10-2020, 04:44 PM
https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1337136520399085568?s=20

Can it just be January already.

*what a wonderful world background music starts playing*

Jinsai
12-10-2020, 05:02 PM
OMG the satisfaction I'm going to feel on January 20th.....

Jinsai
12-11-2020, 08:57 AM
I've been having an on/off social media argument w/ the relative of a friend. It all started off with him mocking me for saying that Biden was gonna win, and he's STILL SURE that Trump is going to still be president. SO SURE that he's willing to bet me, he's instigated the offer, and is telling me to "put my money where my mouth is."

So... am I a bad person for taking this guy's money, and is there a legal way for me to do it?

BRoswell
12-11-2020, 09:11 AM
I've been having an on/off social media argument w/ the relative of a friend. It all started off with him mocking me for saying that Biden was gonna win, and he's STILL SURE that Trump is going to still be president. SO SURE that he's willing to bet me, he's instigated the offer, and is telling me to "put my money where my mouth is."

So... am I a bad person for taking this guy's money, and is there a legal way for me to do it?

You'll never see that money. They'll just move the goalpost. Best to just leave it alone.

GulDukat
12-11-2020, 09:24 AM

There's no way that's legally binding.

Magnetic
12-11-2020, 11:22 AM

Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig has all the fun.

allegro
12-11-2020, 12:41 PM

Bet him his dignity, instead. If he loses, and Biden is inaugurated, he has to record himself [insert something humiliating here] and post it, or you get to screen cap his agreement and post that he cheats on bets. Always better than money.

allegro
12-11-2020, 05:43 PM
SCOTUS REJECTS TEXAS SUIT!!!! It is OVER!!!

https://twitter.com/joycewhitevance/status/1337542800531972098?s=21

allegro
12-11-2020, 06:13 PM
https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1337547282808496130?s=21

versusreality
12-11-2020, 06:13 PM
lol, ACB voted against the lawsuit. Trump's star pick, the main reason for rushing the Supreme Court pick.
Wonder if she was playing this song tonight!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5470NjqQv9I

allegro
12-11-2020, 06:15 PM
She is a big Federalist, so it makes sense. Totally expected. States’ rights.

d1stinct
12-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Loyalty to the Constitution prevails.

All attorneys, politicians, attorney generals that took part in this, need to have Bar aggrievances filed against them.

allegate
12-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Since that one weirdo filed on behalf of someone, is it possible for someone like me to file a bar complaint against them? I mean, like, flood the bar system in whatever state the lawyer is in with these things?

allegro
12-12-2020, 01:32 PM
https://twitter.com/gaddiewindage/status/1337400559486251014?s=21

https://twitter.com/thedemcoalition/status/1337840284693131273?s=21

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/1337791310481289218?s=21

allegro
12-12-2020, 01:37 PM
THIS!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1337836097930481672?s=21

Jinsai
12-12-2020, 01:59 PM
the fact that Parler is in full freakout mode is making my day moderately better, even if it's a little disturbing. Just saw some post where this guy was talking about how he wanted war and wanted to drink blood from liberal skull caps... yeah, y'all sound like you're handling this well Vanilla Isis

Swykk
12-12-2020, 06:38 PM
I keep reading the next move from Team Orange Diaper Baby is to try and turn electors. There seems to be, at least as far as I’ve been able to see, not much of a consensus as to how possible this is. So my anxiety is back up again.

Also, I too have seen MAGA chuds calls for war as well as the Insurrection Act/Marshall (yes, OF COURSE they spelled it that way) Law. I had a very one sided argument with an old friend’s wife who is all in on the cult shit. She was so sure I was lying about SCOTUS throwing out the Texas lawsuit because her “good” sources said it wasn’t. Then a couple hours later she deleted that and wrote it was thrown out but they can and will refile. I posted a breakdown of Alito’s statement as well as a screenshot of that asshole Texan’s call to secede; saying it was pathetic sedition and just more bullshit assault on democracy. She then posted a Big Mad “You guys cheated so there is no democracy anymore!” and blocked me.

Fucking crazy shit. She doesn’t know what is real anymore and it’s sad.

I hadn’t seen her or my friend in years (not due to a fallout; just adults with different lives) and then a mutual friend of ours died and I came by their place to pick up his movies they had gotten from our deceased friend’s apartment as I agreed to sell them off; giving the money to his family (I know a guy that runs a Disc Replay out by where I am), and so of course I wore a mask and stayed socially distanced. She kept trying to get me to take my mask off. It was very uncomfortable.

Jinsai
12-12-2020, 07:33 PM
The republicans completely fucked themselves by hitching to the trump train.

holy shit

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1337870222959796225

GulDukat
12-13-2020, 08:05 AM
The republicans completely fucked themselves by hitching to the trump train.

holy shit

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1337870222959796225

Nice that they are all wearing masks.

Jinsai
12-13-2020, 02:20 PM
This guy... this fucking horrible petty obnoxious pile of shit...

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1338117888188817408

allegro
12-13-2020, 02:28 PM
This guy... this fucking horrible petty obnoxious pile of shit...

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1338116423164579841

Trump is an idiot. He's in the Executive branch, there to execute laws, but he knows NOTHING ... and I mean NOTHING ... about law.

Hence why I really believe that a J.D. plus passing the Bar should be a REQUIREMENT to be President of the United States. The Constitution requires an Amendment reflecting same. You can't execute laws if you don't have a basic understanding of any of it.

But see the Wisconsin Federal decision: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/12/trump-wisconsin-lawsuit-dismissed-federal-judge/3894689001/

THAT judge, a Trump appointee, determined that the Federal court DID in fact have standing, and then went ahead and listened to an entire day of arguments of the facts, and STILL determined that Trump still didn't have a case, and dismissed it with prejudice.

"A sitting president who did not prevail in his bid for reelection has asked for federal court help in setting aside the popular vote based on disputed issues of election administration, issues he plainly could have raised before the vote occurred."

"This court allowed the plaintiff the chance to make his case and he has lost on the merits. In his reply brief, plaintiff 'asks that the Rule of Law be followed.' It has been."

In the case before Ludwig, Trump argued that some of the state's long-standing election practices are improper. He contended the system the state uses for in-person early voting — in place for more than a decade — is illegal because voters are required to fill out one form instead of two.

He also argued clerks should not have set up absentee ballot drop boxes and should not have filled in the addresses of witnesses on absentee ballot envelopes. The policy for witness addresses was put forward by Republicans on the state Elections Commission four years ago.

Trump also argued some voters improperly labeled themselves indefinitely confined, which allowed them to vote absentee without providing a copy of a photo ID. State law leaves it to voters to determine if their age or a disability renders them indefinitely confined.

But Ludwig wrote that the state Legislature had given the Wisconsin Elections Commission the ability to advise clerks on how to set up their election procedures. Siding with Trump would allow every losing candidate to run to court after each election, he wrote.

Jinsai
12-13-2020, 02:32 PM
He's actually the sitting president who just lost an election, literally saying that the president should have a say in whether or not he won. It's completely insane. I'm so over this.

allegro
12-13-2020, 02:41 PM
KARL ROVE (LOL)

Americans don't like sore losers (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/karl-rove-rips-trump-americans-dont-like-sore-losers-1103111/).

allegro
12-13-2020, 02:45 PM
He's actually the sitting president who just lost an election, literally saying that the president should have a say in whether or not he won. It's completely insane. I'm so over this.

He's a sociopath, yes. But he thinks he should have "standing" meaning the SCOTUS should at least hear the case because he's President.

That may be true, but hearing a case also has to do with the proposed RELIEF and whether or not the case has MERIT.

Neal Katyal is a Supreme Court lawyer and law professor. Trump says "They're winning these things on little technicalities, like a thing called standing." Katyal said, "everything about [Trump's statement] is wrong."

SCOTUS threw out the case because it didn't meet all that criteria.

He really does think he is king, should have special treatment.

Look at this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utBo-9hMSc

Trump's pupils are dilated, he's higher than a kite, he's fucked up.

Jinsai
12-13-2020, 03:02 PM
then there's the hypocrisy where before the election went down and he CLEARLY LOST, he was saying it would be so horrible for our country if the results were dragged out for days.

We are over a month past the election and he's the one dragging it out. He knows he isn't going to win this, and I'm not sure what his "big surprise" is gonna be. He "doesn't wanna talk about" whether he's going to attend Biden's inauguration, which means he clearly is "planning something." I just hope whatever it is fails so goddamn hard and this ENDS.

versusreality
12-13-2020, 03:51 PM
wouldn't be surprised if he tries to pull a stunt of having an inauguration for his re-election the same day as Biden's, only for it to be cancelled a day or so before. (not so) fun fact: this actually happened in the 1800's.

allegro
12-13-2020, 04:58 PM
then there's the hypocrisy where before the election went down and he CLEARLY LOST, he was saying it would be so horrible for our country if the results were dragged out for days.

We are over a month past the election and he's the one dragging it out. He knows he isn't going to win this, and I'm not sure what his "big surprise" is gonna be. He "doesn't wanna talk about" whether he's going to attend Biden's inauguration, which means he clearly is "planning something." I just hope whatever it is fails so goddamn hard and this ENDS.

Come on, his big surprise is that there won’t be a Biden inauguration, because on January 6th he’s planning on a soft coup in Congress.

Which has ZERO chance of getting past the House, but none of his enablers have told him that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electoral-college-presidential-election-results-trump-challenge/

All this shit ACTUALLY ALREADY HAPPENED in 1960 with JFK v Nixon.

Jinsai
12-13-2020, 05:53 PM
but JFK/Nixon ended with Nixon just admitting he LOST. This is special strange

BRoswell
12-13-2020, 08:05 PM
What's going to happen is that Trumpy is going to leave office and keep doing his pity parties...sorry, rallies. People are going to follow his ass around like the Grateful Dead until most of them get bored and move on to someone else. The crowds will eventually dwindle, as will his cognition, and he'll (hopefully) die in a puddle of his own piss.

Erneuert
12-13-2020, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk)

ton
12-14-2020, 12:08 AM
I'm ready for him and his children to leave Washington for good. They remind me of bullies in high school. Almost the exact same kind of contempt for people they view as less than them. I can't stand listening to them speak or that they have any kind of influence and power in our country.

Jinsai
12-14-2020, 05:35 AM
Yeah, the demeanor and attitude is completely bully shit... and maybe the worst part of that is the huge population that voted for it. These are ostensibly adults, capable of understanding that bullying is not good...

versusreality
12-14-2020, 06:01 AM
Reagan won twice..G W won twice...so in retrospect, it could have been worse. yes, he is trying to destroy democracy, and the country is as divided as ever...but imagine what would have happened if he ACTUALLY won again? he only had one term with now a chance to repair ourselves over the next 4 years? I'll take it. woke up feeling quite optimistic today.

jmtd
12-14-2020, 06:26 AM
The BBC reported this morning that he’s collected nearly a quarter of a billion dollars in donations to funds ostensibly to fight the election outcome, but has spent a fraction of it, and the small print on donation says the money might be used for other purposes. He’s a grifter.

GulDukat
12-14-2020, 09:12 AM
Trump official says they will send results of ‘alternate slate of electors’ to Congress as Electoral College chooses Biden (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/trump-official-says-they-will-send-results-of-alternate-slate-of-electors-to-congress-as-electoral-college-chooses-biden/)

“The only date in the Constitution is January 20th,” said Miller. “So we have more than enough time to right the wrong of this fraudulent election result and certify Donald Trump as the winner of the election. As we speak, today, an alternate slate of electors in the contested states is going to vote, and we’re going to send those results up to Congress.

Just give it up, already, assholes.

versusreality
12-14-2020, 09:17 AM
They're literally living in an alternate reality.

BRoswell
12-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Alternate facts, alternate voters, same losers.

Jinsai
12-14-2020, 10:29 AM
Fun side note, the guy who wanted to bet me on Facebook has agreed to a reading list if he loses, and I picked a few great choices. If this guy actually follows the conditions he’s gonna read some depressing shit. I put a few fun things in there, but he will be reading Dostoevsky and Virginia Woolf and, I’m pretty sure that’s not gonna be his thing

allegate
12-14-2020, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1338614514493878273?s=20

well that's not going to make things weird.

allegro
12-14-2020, 05:37 PM
Fun side note, the guy who wanted to bet me on Facebook has agreed to a reading list if he loses, and I picked a few great choices. If this guy actually follows the conditions he’s gonna read some depressing shit. I put a few fun things in there, but he will be reading Dostoevsky and Virginia Woolf and, I’m pretty sure that’s not gonna be his thing
LOL that’s brilliant! Do you think he’ll really READ this stuff, though?

Jinsai
12-14-2020, 05:42 PM
LOL that’s brilliant! Do you think he’ll really READ this stuff, though?

He promised to! I expect notes on Notes From Underground and To the Lighthouse

allegro
12-14-2020, 05:51 PM

Aw man you’re not giving him Crime and Punishment. :D

Or Mrs. Dalloway. There’s a suicide!!

burnmotherfucker!
12-14-2020, 09:49 PM

Brothers Karamazov would also be a fun choice. Notes From Underground is depressing for sure but its still pretty great so wouldn't be much of a punishment for me. I don't think I've ever met a Trumper who would be introspective enough to actually get much from Dostoevsky though.

I'd have made him read Obama's new book.

M1ke
12-15-2020, 07:24 AM
This video was not at all faked, it is entirely what happened:

https://imgur.com/gallery/iraKjvd

Jinsai
12-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Brothers Karamazov would also be a fun choice. Notes From Underground is depressing for sure but its still pretty great so wouldn't be much of a punishment for me. I don't think I've ever met a Trumper who would be introspective enough to actually get much from Dostoevsky though.

I'd have made him read Obama's new book.

I actually was thinking of assigning The Audacity of Hope, the Hillary Clinton book What Happened, and the Michelle Obama book, but since I haven't read any of those... and I'm actually trying to be good natured about this for the most part. I even threw in some action/adventure and horror picks, but made sure those were all epically long. Who knows, maybe the guy will find out that he digs Clive Barker. I'd say that's pretty unlikely, but who knows.

Magnetic
12-15-2020, 03:20 PM
McConnell congratulated Biden & Harris on their victory.

Huh.
Can't wait to see the angry cheeto tweet fallout from this...

allegro
12-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Parler has totally lost its shit and has turned on McConnell.

allegate
12-15-2020, 03:38 PM
McConnell congratulated Biden & Harris on their victory.

Huh.
Can't wait to see the angry cheeto tweet fallout from this...
actually there's a lot of other fallout for him potentially.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpStCg0VEAAfH3s?format=jpg&name=large

side note: It's not worth it to make fun of her the way they are on twitter. it's sad to see someone with what I would assume is severe body dysmorphia get lambasted the way she is.

allegro
12-15-2020, 03:45 PM
Yeah, McConnell is taking back leadership of the GOP, now that Trump is officially a lame duck.

Congress passed that defense bill and have enough votes to override a Presidential veto, first time they’ve even tried. Trump wanted language re removing names of Confederates from forts out of the bill, but Congress refused. The GOP and McConnell and now clearly separated from the “Trump Party.”

Magnetic
12-15-2020, 03:45 PM
I have no sympathy for Laura Loomer.

allegate
12-15-2020, 03:49 PM
I have no sympathy for Laura Loomer.
same, I just don't want to add to that here.

allegate
12-15-2020, 04:52 PM
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1338920739823620096?s=20

oh my.

allegate
12-17-2020, 04:24 PM
https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1339654094936543232

Oh those pesky "facts" again!

allegro
12-17-2020, 05:34 PM
Justice Roberts “and the other liberal justices” LOL LOL LOL

allegate
12-17-2020, 08:45 PM
IKR? I had to read that like ten times to be sure that a) I wasn't having a stroke and b) that I wasn't on The Onion or something.

allegate
12-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Win a Chance to Destroy Trump’s Casino Like He Destroyed Our Country (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/auction-blow-up-trump-casino-1105341/?fbclid=IwAR2Y--1DWKSYanFoAdJV-BSfca_j5Zg3U7HkTL9rER2Rp_kp1RQAyYt2Mm8)

*starts counting pennies*

I wonder if there's like a gofundme to get some worthy person a shot at this? Like someone he's screwed over especially that it would be particularly hilarious that they got to do it?

klyrish
12-18-2020, 11:41 AM
The scary thing is that these people are so unhinged and so fucking far to the right, they DO look liberal.

allegro
12-18-2020, 02:59 PM
https://twitter.com/billybangu2/status/1340036758637928448?s=21

allegate
12-18-2020, 03:17 PM
I keep seeing "digital Pearl Harbor" bandied about and how much of that is twitter bull / political theater and how much of that is actual "oh shit" news?

also on brand:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1339942641488842754?s=20

allegro
12-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Ummmmmm ...

https://twitter.com/oriana0214/status/1340053720562843648?s=21

https://twitter.com/handmaidsonhulu/status/1124390301844615168?s=21

bobbie solo
12-19-2020, 12:43 AM
CI8ehJLJSIx

Good people on both sides.

These pigs need to get some real street justice so they crawl back in their holes after this fuck leaves office. It's the only language they understand.

The reason I am so cynical/negative about Dems & liberals is bc they are the only people we can negotiate with for the sweeping change we need on a million issues. At least they're still human. The right and thereby the Republican party isn't even worth the emotion for me bc they are completely co-opted & far gone. It needs to be destroyed, not managed.

Erneuert
12-19-2020, 01:27 PM
What a god damn awesome species we are.

allegate
12-19-2020, 04:55 PM
at least there are some parts that can still make you laugh.

allegro for example:

https://twitter.com/JerylBier/status/1340296843176124416?s=20

allegro
12-19-2020, 10:14 PM
^^ Yeah that made me really laugh earlier today.

GulDukat
12-21-2020, 09:23 AM
Trump fans to hold virtual 'second inauguration' for him on same day he's kicked out of the White House (https://www.rawstory.com/trumps-second-inauguration/)

Jinsai
12-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Trump fans to hold virtual 'second inauguration' for him on same day he's kicked out of the White House (https://www.rawstory.com/trumps-second-inauguration/)

Maybe I can sell them some Monopoly Money while we're at it?

Cookster426
12-21-2020, 12:56 PM

Trump fans are truly brain deficient, brain damaged and brain dead.

GulDukat
12-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Trump fans are truly brain deficient, brain damaged and brain dead.

I think it was Steve Schmidt who said that 30 percent of the country has always been crazy.

versusreality
12-21-2020, 01:23 PM
There were actually more people who wanted to stay under King George than to be an independent country. This country's never been "united" .

Jinsai
12-22-2020, 08:51 AM
same, I just don't want to add to that here.

i dont want to contribute to this, hypothetically, but I have to admit I have no idea what the issue is, what people are saying (I barely know who she is), but I am now curious to just know what we’re talking about here

allegate
12-22-2020, 09:57 AM
I'll PM you.

https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status/1341406581901189120?s=20

I see this as an absolute win because who needs that kind of detritus?

GulDukat
12-22-2020, 10:07 AM
And now Trump is turning on Pence. (https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-election-coup-conspiracy-powell-pence-refuse-leave.html?fbclid=IwAR1NG1wyju2meQQklI6j_o0E2-rhYl-lpEedgaXxv95q2Qxi3M9bkuYNAfc)

allegate
12-22-2020, 10:53 AM
I wonder how much more he'd turn if he knew that Pence is the only person who has the power (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution) of the 25th?
It allows the vice president, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", to declare the president "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration. The transfer of authority to the vice president is immediate, and (as with Section 3) the vice president becomes acting president – not president – while the president remains in office, albeit divested of all authority.

M1ke
12-22-2020, 11:31 AM
I wonder how much more he'd turn if he knew that Pence is the only person who has the power (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution) of the 25th?

I kind of wonder, as he becomes more and more unhinged, if there is a line he might cross that would trigger Pence to do that.

The republicans are acknowledging the Biden victory. Like, if he tries to have the military kill Biden, or if he tries to declare martial law. Or if he tries to randomly nuke places.

If he did any of those things, would they enact the 25th to stop it?

Honestly, I expected the result of a Trump presidency to be global nuclear war, and we're not quite out of the woods yet.

allegro
12-22-2020, 12:47 PM

Well, no, according to Section 4, it's the VP "and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide."

But then the President can object, then it goes to CONGRESS (https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv).

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

allegro
12-22-2020, 12:58 PM
I'll PM you.

https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status/1341406581901189120?s=20

I see this as an absolute win because who needs that kind of detritus?

This is not an issue, because Trump doesn't even really USE the White House or the POTUS account.

He uses his "RealDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?s=20)" account that he's had since 2009, where he has 88.5 million followers (which is actually down from a few months ago).

But, it's GOOD to start from zero with all those QAnon followers at the White House and POTUS accounts right now.

allegate
12-22-2020, 03:30 PM
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1341468875007930368?s=20

is that really supposed to be a dig on Democrats?

Magnetic
12-22-2020, 05:02 PM
That implies the poor *are* comfortable.

sonic_discord
12-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Making rich people pay taxes isn't making them "poorer," just making them pay their fair share. If anything, I'd call it "making them slightly less rich, but still rich." Also, why do republicans hate poor people so much??

allegate
12-22-2020, 07:29 PM
#PardonGate

It's on-going and it's fucking exhausting and embarrassing.

allegro
12-23-2020, 12:56 AM
https://twitter.com/MarkHertling/status/1341555656885760000?s=20

Erneuert
12-23-2020, 04:32 AM
I just have to post this again because it makes me so happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk)

GulDukat
12-23-2020, 07:49 AM
I'm glad that most media outlets aren't covering Trump's latest batshit crazy speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjLT6hxEXNU

GulDukat
12-23-2020, 10:11 AM
Secret service has no resolution in place if Trump refuses to leave the White House, insiders say (https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/secret-service/?fbclid=IwAR128Jo_Vu2PCLnTOq5QdkJcqhQyTfuK9KdM_Mvi XklYZqlcDZe0lclZh6A)

So the secret service will try to lock out his staff and have his kids intervene.

allegro
12-23-2020, 10:13 AM
https://twitter.com/adamnlawyer/status/1341577554382249997?s=21

https://twitter.com/adamnlawyer/status/1341577559016927234?s=21

https://youtu.be/68jAnTh18TY

allegate
12-23-2020, 10:42 AM
The utter bull-shittery of this man. The next few weeks cannot go fast enough.

https://twitter.com/TGalore2/status/1341601513949544454?s=20

Magnetic
12-23-2020, 10:48 AM
I keep telling myself that I've gone this long without having rage-induced, traumatic health event... 28 more days to go.

allegate
12-23-2020, 10:56 AM
Secret service has no resolution in place if Trump refuses to leave the White House, insiders say (https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/secret-service/?fbclid=IwAR128Jo_Vu2PCLnTOq5QdkJcqhQyTfuK9KdM_Mvi XklYZqlcDZe0lclZh6A)

So the secret service will try to lock out his staff and have his kids intervene.
But...isn't he going to Florida in a couple hours? Just lock the doors, change the locks, and chain the doors.

M1ke
12-23-2020, 11:10 AM
I don't know what laws need to change to allow pardons to be revoked, but that one for the blackwater killers is so beyond disgusting that it needs to happen.

allegate
12-23-2020, 12:09 PM
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1341791993782005762?s=20

https://gifs.ninja/wp-content/uploads/Capture-325.png

Jinsai
12-23-2020, 07:25 PM
And of course he’s pardoning Roger Stone... ugh

richardp
12-23-2020, 11:18 PM
What's the chance most of these shitbags get locked back up once Trump is out of office for various other crimes?

ziltoid
12-23-2020, 11:47 PM
What's the chance most of these shitbags get locked back up once Trump is out of office for various other crimes?

If you're talking about Roger Stone and the like then very little unless they are under investigation and face charges or they lie under oath. Even if they have charges brought up against them I'm sure they will roll on someone else and make a plea deal and get very little time.
They will most likely weasel out of any crime they may or may not have committed unless they are completely stupid and didn't learn their lesson but at least this time they won't have Trump to pardon them.

allegate
12-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Something I have read in a few places is that now they've been pardoned they cannot plead the fifth and have to cooperate on further investigations if any were to take place, so small comfort.

one thing I saw was that the military could potentially court martial Flynn even as he's retired - it's been done before apparently - so that would be neat.

allegro
12-24-2020, 02:08 PM
Something I have read in a few places is that now they've been pardoned they cannot plead the fifth and have to cooperate on further investigations if any were to take place, so small comfort.

one thing I saw was that the military could potentially court martial Flynn even as he's retired - it's been done before apparently - so that would be neat.

Yes, you give up your right to plead the fifth in cases related to Trump. And, yeah, the pardon is only good in Federal cases; it's not valid in state or military cases, or cases from the date of the pardon forward.

In accepting a pardon, you plead guilty.

That idiot Papadopolous was trying to get an exoneration and the conviction purged from his record, but that's only possible if you get a court to overturn your conviction. He's already pleaded guilty and served his time; now, he accepted a pardon and effectively pleaded guilty AGAIN.

allegate
12-24-2020, 10:34 PM
Yeah, Papadoupadork seemed like the shortest stick in the drawer every time I saw him on tv. I can't wait for his next idiot turn.

Erneuert
12-26-2020, 05:46 AM
Trump = Burns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-lXY9tMhw0 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-lXY9tMhw0)

GulDukat
12-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Trumps new video.
(https://www.rawstory.com/new-trump-campaign-ad---youtube/)
You'd think that he still thinks that he will be in office after 1/20/'21.

allegro
12-28-2020, 05:04 PM
He’s gonna be in a nursing home by 2024.

allegate
12-29-2020, 11:00 AM
Trump ends Obama's 12-year run as most admired man: Gallup (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/531906-trump-ends-obamas-12-year-run-as-most-admired-man-gallup)

I don't have enough confusion this early in the morning for this.

halo eighteen
12-29-2020, 11:48 AM
Trump ends Obama's 12-year run as most admired man: Gallup (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/531906-trump-ends-obamas-12-year-run-as-most-admired-man-gallup)

"Pollsters surveyed 1,018 adults from Dec. 1 to 17. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points."

"Twenty-one percent of respondents offered no response"

Okay, that's the most bullshit poll ever, and completely undeserving of any kind of headline, much less an actual accolade.

sweeterthan
12-29-2020, 11:51 AM

gross. what’s to admire about a failed presidency?

Jinsai
12-29-2020, 04:09 PM
I don't know what I would say if someone asked me who the "man I most admired" was... I'm assuming it has to be someone living, I probably wouldn't name any politician. That wouldn't really come to mind.
If Obama held this title for 12 years, he's probably only losing it now because Biden just got 6% of the people who would say "current politician of my party preference."

Swykk
12-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Painted dildo Josh Hawley will contest the electoral college vote for...reasons? These fucking brain dead cry babies. I hope by some miracle that Osoff and Warnock win in Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress-election-vote-certification-objection/2020/12/30/4dce936c-4ab6-11eb-839a-cf4ba7b7c48c_story.html

GulDukat
12-30-2020, 11:16 AM

Only 18% named Trump most admired man--less than 1 in 5 surveyed. Biden and Obama split liberals/Democrats who named a politician.

sweeterthan
12-30-2020, 12:43 PM
trumps tweeting about the poll on twitter claiming that it means he should’ve won the election. come on jan 20!

ltrandazzo
12-30-2020, 02:03 PM
Painted dildo Josh Hawley will contest the electoral college vote for...reasons? These fucking brain dead cry babies. I hope by some miracle that Osoff and Warnock win in Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress-election-vote-certification-objection/2020/12/30/4dce936c-4ab6-11eb-839a-cf4ba7b7c48c_story.html

He's running for prez in 2024 and he thinks this is some play to pick up the Trump base by saying he took a stand for his führer, I mean, his president instead of just letting the liberal coup happen. He ran for AG in 2016 in Missouri and said it was NOT a stepping stone play for higher aspirations... and then ran for Senate in 2018. Fuck him, he doesn't believe in democracy and that's about the same as treason given that he's an elected official in our government.

versusreality
01-01-2021, 04:49 AM
I do fear the damage he will do in the next 3 weeks. I'm not gonna lie.

Jinsai
01-01-2021, 10:11 AM
the fact that Trump is looking at this stupid poll as "evidence" of anything is desperate and deranged. I am so sick of this motherfucker. Yeah, ok, 18% of people in this country want to lick your boots. Read that again. 18% you STUPID MOTHERFUCK

Let's not even get into the fact that the question was not "who would you want to have be the United States president right now?" Let alone whether or not the people polled are registered voters, or if they voted twice, or three times, and the irony I'm sure would be completely lost there

ickyvicky
01-01-2021, 01:26 PM
Shall we start a countdown?

allegate
01-01-2021, 08:35 PM
https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1345065243345641475

so there's a line between "crazy" and "grifting", right? because he's full-tilt-boogie heading towards crazy town.

Pillfred
01-02-2021, 11:30 AM
https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1345065243345641475

so there's a line between "crazy" and "grifting", right? because he's full-tilt-boogie heading towards crazy town.

Wow. That’s fucking ridiculous.

M1ke
01-02-2021, 12:25 PM
I keep seeing stuff like that, and the Trump supporters attacking the GOP is pretty cool.

Makes me wonder how the size of the group that normally votes GOP, but didn't because of Trump compares to the size of the group that voted GOP because it was Trump, but now won't vote for them again.

ickyvicky
01-02-2021, 01:17 PM
1) Guiliani and Vanilla Ice at Trump's NYE party - wtf, lol https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/watch-vanilla-ice-performed-at-trump-mar-a-lago-nye-party.html

2) One of my FB Trump Friends posted that Fox News is going state that Biden will soon be announcing that he's resigning because of health issues, and this will keep Trump in office. Double wtf!!! lol

smh

Jinsai
01-02-2021, 06:36 PM
1)
2) One of my FB Trump Friends posted that Fox News is going state that Biden will soon be announcing that he's resigning because of health issues, and this will keep Trump in office. Double wtf!!! lol

smh

We all have, apparently, completely insane people that we have to put up with on social media. The people who STILL, at this point, think that Trump is going to remain president after January 20th though.... these people are unhinged, and they're clearly growing increasingly detached from reality. I honestly am worried when y'know, what is gonna happen happens, and these fucking lunatics just collectively lose their minds. Joe Biden is going to become president, and nothing is going to change that, unless it's Kamala Harris. Whatever happens... it is NOT going to be Donald.

I imagine it's going to be pretty anticlimactic, but depressing and lame all the same.

M1ke
01-02-2021, 09:34 PM
We all have, apparently, completely insane people that we have to put up with on social media. The people who STILL, at this point, think that Trump is going to remain president after January 20th though.... these people are unhinged, and they're clearly growing increasingly detached from reality. I honestly am worried when y'know, what is gonna happen happens, and these fucking lunatics just collectively lose their minds. Joe Biden is going to become president, and nothing is going to change that, unless it's Kamala Harris. Whatever happens... it is NOT going to be Donald.

I imagine it's going to be pretty anticlimactic, but depressing and lame all the same.

Or they'll just say it didn't happen. If Trump says "I'm the real president", even though Biden is inaugurated, his supporters will probably still believe him. I guess that's the really scary part. If he says he's president, and then starts proclaiming things...I mean, obviously that would have zero legal basis, but if enough crazies out there believe it's law, the craziest might start try to enforce it, even though it's not law.

I don't know if you've ever heard of the scanning code of practice (https://www.simplyfrugal.ca/canadian-scanning-code-of-practice-scop/#:~:text=At%20participating%20retailers%20you%20sh ould,up%20to%20a%20%2410%20maximum.), which is a thing in Canada, but it's not a law in Ontario where we live, it's just something that a lot of retailers do. My father believes it's a law. When he goes to a store and the price rings up differently then what it's marked at on the shelf, he'll argue until they give it to him for free, citing the "law", which isn't a real law, but eventually the stores cave-in and give it to him, even though they don't have to, just to make him go away. I've tried to explain to him that this is something many retailers do, but it's voluntary, and nothing I can say to him will convince him that it's not a law.

Trump had his supporters marching on vote counters to try and stop votes from being counted. What if he declares that people need to start carrying papers to prove they're American, and his supporters start accosting people of colour claiming to be enforcing some law that doesn't exist? Or what if he declares all masking/quarantine laws invalid? I know there are a bunch of sources already claiming that, but Trump claiming it would certainly make it worse. Especially if he was still pretending that he's president.

What if he gets charged for some of the crimes he's committed, and then tries to claim presidential immunity and his supporters launch a violent assault on whatever court he's being tried at?

I mean, he's definitely not going to actually be president anymore, but if he never stops saying that the election was fake, and claims to still be the rightful president and then starts giving orders, his base would probably treat them like real laws and start trying to enforce them.

That's a scary thought.

Jinsai
01-02-2021, 11:21 PM
silver lining there... if that takes off, the whole neo-conservative movement is suuuuuuuuuuuper doomed at the voting booths, and basically nothing to ever worry about ever again. And, along with it, a huge chunk of shitty conservatives who are prooooooooooobably kind of frustrated right now.

Bibbity bobbity boo hoo

sweeterthan
01-03-2021, 08:11 AM
he tweets about georgia everyday. why? i can’t figure out his obsession with it. it’s 16 fucking electoral votes. it wouldn’t change much for him. people here are definitely turning on the governor. one group i’m in (that i shouldn’t be in) calls kemp a RINO now, saying they’ll never vote for him again. i really hope all this means the dems take senate on tuesday.

hellospaceboy
01-03-2021, 09:35 AM
he tweets about georgia everyday. why? i can’t figure out his obsession with it. it’s 16 fucking electoral votes. it wouldn’t change much for him.

I think that one felt the most like a personal betrayal to him. It's all about loyalty.

versusreality
01-03-2021, 09:44 AM
he's going off the rails. beyond unhinged. he needs to be in a hospital. I am not kidding.

a jail preferably. we know it won't happen though.

he's sowing the seeds of division even deeper.

Jinsai
01-03-2021, 10:28 AM
well, Trump has always been "crazy." And by that, I mean he's always clearly been a narcissist, and probably a sociopath. He's also stupid as shit.

But yeah, the way he's acting now is more like the sort of thing they put you in the "loony bin" for. It's all so detached from reality, and it really freaks me out. He could do so much damage if he really, REALLY loses it. And I think he probably is going to as January 20th approaches. I'm not the Trump whisperer, but he is obviously not handling things very well here.

versusreality
01-03-2021, 10:50 AM
he is going to be at his mass cult gathering on the 6th.

...the same day of course, the divided Republican party will try to "halt" the vote counting.

I envision him leading his thousands of followers to wherever the votes are being counted and not allowing anyone to leave until the election is overturned.

It will be one of the darkest days in our country's very short history. I am also getting evaluated that day at work, I have no idea how I'm supposed to concentrate knowing that that's happening at the same time...

Jinsai
01-03-2021, 12:45 PM
functionally, I am not worried. He's not going to have any true political power outside of whatever influence he wields with his cult, and he's packing his shit and leaving on January 20th. It's going to happen, and I actually take some comfort in knowing that this is fracturing the Republican party beyond any quick-fix salvation. They've completely screwed themselves here. They had their cocaine-fueled alt-right-orgy, and now they have to pay the check and deal with the hangover.

sweeterthan
01-03-2021, 12:49 PM
whoa this wapo article talks about trump’s call with the ga secretary of state from yesterday. this call was recorded. wapo has posted a few minutes of the hour long recording. i don’t understand how his supporters put up with bully tatics that amount to fascism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

tldr; trump wants to find a specific number of votes that don’t exist. wtf

versusreality
01-03-2021, 01:34 PM
^^ horrible

allegro
01-03-2021, 01:47 PM
whoa this wapo article talks about trump’s call with the ga secretary of state from yesterday. this call was recorded. wapo has posted a few minutes of the hour long recording. i don’t understand how his supporters put up with bully tatics that amount to fascism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

Yup. Here’s a lot of the recording:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1345795331427065857?s=21

allegro
01-03-2021, 01:50 PM
he tweets about georgia everyday. why? i can’t figure out his obsession with it. it’s 16 fucking electoral votes. it wouldn’t change much for him.

Dumber yet, Biden won but the two Democratic Senate candidates lost. What kind of a dumb cheating conspiracy is THAT?!

So now Trump is going against the Consent Decree, which was decided back in March in a bipartisan agreement, so he ALSO has to refute this runoff election and is pretty much telling his voters not to vote in it because of course he can’t say it’s okay to vote in it because it’s using the same Consent Decree he’s disputing and trying to undo (although the Doctrine of Laches prevents him from doing that).

In chess, he’s just been put in a checkmate position in Georgia and he’s pretty much done it for Congress, too.

Because he’s that dumb.

Jinsai
01-03-2021, 02:13 PM
it is so crazy that we're normalized to things like this phone call... January 20th can't come here soon enough

allegate
01-03-2021, 02:22 PM

I was thinking about two things while reading this. The first is that someone should sue Trump. I mean, the bedrock of the US judicial system is that anyone can sue anyone so someone should do it. I realize this is impossible for the same reason Spider-Man can't let anyone know his real identity - His friends and family will get targeted - but it'd be nice to see.

The second is that Lincoln took it too easy on the South after the Civil War. And then Ford took it too easy on Nixon. And then Obama took it too easy on Bush and the banks. Someone needs to stick it hard when Biden is in office to make sure this cannot happen again. All those people who aren't upholding their oaths? Not only should they not be seated, they should be forcibly removed from office with whatever power is available. Go 100%. There's not an election to worry about this time, just the people's faith in democracy, so there's no need to worry about polling numbers or primary challengers or anything. Be the defenders of democracy that we need or in two years it's going to get worse and in four years it's going to be worse still.

Pessimistic, sure, but also really tired of "they learned their lesson". The problem is that the lesson is always "don't get caught next time".

allegro
01-03-2021, 02:51 PM
The second is that Lincoln took it too easy on the South after the Civil War.
And then A CONFEDERATE MURDERED LINCOLN.

See how that worked out?

GulDukat
01-03-2021, 03:37 PM
I wonder how this will play out on Tuesday, and the shitshow on Wednesday.

allegro
01-03-2021, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1345847029214408707?s=20

versusreality
01-03-2021, 04:39 PM
surely Trump has had similar calls to other states he lost

allegro
01-03-2021, 04:49 PM
^^ JESUS, Trump rambles and rambles and rambles, trying to make his case.

"I won that state by hundreds of thousands of votes."

And then tries to bribe Raffensperger to "recalculate" and give Trump ONE VOTE more than what Biden got by telling Raffensperger that all this "fraud" is on HIM because he allowed it so it's his fault (an accessory to a crime).

allegate
01-03-2021, 05:21 PM
surely Trump has had similar calls to other states he lost

right? Is there an article that says why this one was recorded?

allegro
01-03-2021, 05:25 PM
right? Is there an article that says why this one was recorded?

Trump infers in this call to Raffensperger that he is working on the other states, as if maybe those calls are to happen.

GulDukat
01-03-2021, 05:40 PM
He's running for prez in 2024 and he thinks this is some play to pick up the Trump base by saying he took a stand for his führer, I mean, his president instead of just letting the liberal coup happen. He ran for AG in 2016 in Missouri and said it was NOT a stepping stone play for higher aspirations... and then ran for Senate in 2018. Fuck him, he doesn't believe in democracy and that's about the same as treason given that he's an elected official in our government.Maybe Hawley is being too clever by half. It's so obvious what he's doing. He knows this is all bullshit.

Jinsai
01-03-2021, 05:40 PM
I can only imagine what kind of insane shit we're going to find out about once he's no longer president.

Magnetic
01-03-2021, 05:50 PM
JFC. I skimmed the transcript, and I can't imagine being a professional having to put up with this lunacy.

allegro
01-03-2021, 05:53 PM
This is golden right here:

"Meadows: So, Mr. President, if I might be able to jump in, and I’ll give Brad a chance. Mr. Secretary, obviously there is, there are allegations where we believe that not every vote or fair vote and legal vote was counted, and that’s at odds with the representation from the secretary of state’s office.

What I’m hopeful for is there some way that we can, we can find some kind of agreement to look at this a little bit more fully? You know the president mentioned Fulton County.
But in some of these areas where there seems to be a difference of where the facts seem to lead, and so Mr. Secretary, I was hopeful that, you know, in the spirit of cooperation and compromise, is there something that we can at least have a discussion to look at some of these allegations to find a path forward that’s less litigious?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

allegro
01-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Seriously? WHAT THE FUCK!??!

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1345878633915805696?s=20

Jinsai
01-03-2021, 06:19 PM
Jim Gym Jordan is getting the medal of freedom?! What exactly for?

M1ke
01-03-2021, 06:47 PM
Jim Gym Jordan is getting the medal of freedom?! What exactly for?
https://www.shedoesthecity.com/wp-content/uploads/files/2016/06/bj.jpg

allegro
01-03-2021, 07:00 PM
WaPo OpEd written by 10 living former U.S. Secretaries of Defense (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/10-former-defense-secretaries-military-peaceful-transfer-of-power/2021/01/03/2a23d52e-4c4d-11eb-a9f4-0e668b9772ba_story.html)

Jan. 3, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. CST

Ashton Carter, Dick Cheney, William Cohen, Mark Esper, Robert Gates, Chuck Hagel, James Mattis, Leon Panetta, William Perry and Donald Rumsfeld are the 10 living former U.S. secretaries of defense.

As former secretaries of defense, we hold a common view of the solemn obligations of the U.S. armed forces and the Defense Department. Each of us swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We did not swear it to an individual or a party.

American elections and the peaceful transfers of power that result are hallmarks of our democracy. With one singular and tragic exception that cost the lives of more Americans than all of our other wars combined, the United States has had an unbroken record of such transitions since 1789, including in times of partisan strife, war, epidemics and economic depression. This year should be no exception.

Our elections have occurred. Recounts and audits have been conducted. Appropriate challenges have been addressed by the courts. Governors have certified the results. And the electoral college has voted. The time for questioning the results has passed; the time for the formal counting of the electoral college votes, as prescribed in the Constitution and statute, has arrived.

As senior Defense Department leaders have noted, “there’s no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election.” Efforts to involve the U.S. armed forces in resolving election disputes would take us into dangerous, unlawful and unconstitutional territory. Civilian and military officials who direct or carry out such measures would be accountable, including potentially facing criminal penalties, for the grave consequences of their actions on our republic.

Transitions, which all of us have experienced, are a crucial part of the successful transfer of power. They often occur at times of international uncertainty about U.S. national security policy and posture. They can be a moment when the nation is vulnerable to actions by adversaries seeking to take advantage of the situation.

Given these factors, particularly at a time when U.S. forces are engaged in active operations around the world, it is all the more imperative that the transition at the Defense Department be carried out fully, cooperatively and transparently. Acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller and his subordinates — political appointees, officers and civil servants — are each bound by oath, law and precedent to facilitate the entry into office of the incoming administration, and to do so wholeheartedly. They must also refrain from any political actions that undermine the results of the election or hinder the success of the new team.

We call upon them, in the strongest terms, to do as so many generations of Americans have done before them. This final action is in keeping with the highest traditions and professionalism of the U.S. armed forces, and the history of democratic transition in our great country.

allegate
01-03-2021, 09:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6XMzIau.jpg

versusreality
01-04-2021, 05:34 AM
this whole phone interview is just....I don't care if there's just a few weeks. IMPEACH AND REMOVE THIS CRIMINAL IMMEDIATELY

there should be OUTRAGE EVERYWHERE right now, but this just seems like a footnote

SOMETHING needs to be done...TODAY

...but nothing will be. they're going to let him go to rally for GA today. then let him have a massive 30,000 person rally on Wednesday.

take off the damn kid gloves.

GulDukat
01-04-2021, 07:05 AM
Have any of you listened to that tape yet? You have to hear it for yourself. Wow.

allegate
01-04-2021, 10:14 AM
https://twitter.com/gilbertjasono/status/1345926580988735490

Jinsai
01-04-2021, 11:04 AM
I couldn't stand to listen to the whole taped call... I just value my sanity too much at this point, and we're ALMOST THERE, and this clown fuck is almost gone. Just hearing him talk to this guy this way though, it reminds me of so many shitty personal interactions where people try to rip you off, and anyone who's ever tried to buy a used car should be familiar with this slimy way of talking around things. "Just, y'know, I think you're just gonna have to do this, really, just, you're just gonna have to"

allegate
01-04-2021, 11:07 AM
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1345994856674557952?s=20

seriously, this guy has something loose and should be visited by someone who can help him with that.

Jinsai
01-04-2021, 12:29 PM
you do have to, on some level, just love the fact that this narcissist's final rattle is to scream "be crazy and dive into the crazy water with me to stop me from drowning! OR ELSE!" Trump is going to become an ironic liberal launching point that the GOP will have to struggle for a bit to resolve, and I think it's just great.

I think all the smart people in the GOP are realizing, finally, oh shit, this was a bad idea

Too late fuckers

GulDukat
01-04-2021, 12:35 PM
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1345994856674557952?s=20

seriously, this guy has something loose and should be visited by someone who can help him with that.
How did this guy pass the Bar Exam?

poinoup
01-04-2021, 01:50 PM
"They've come to me with proof. Other states have come to me and THEY'VE said I can't lose. THEY said..."

It's amazing how many Theys there are.

Jinsai
01-04-2021, 02:42 PM
Lin Wood has literally called for us to execute Mike Pence, because I guess he wasn't fluffing Trump hard enough?!

I am really dreading how the next two weeks are going to go. This is just insane.

And yeah, it's always "they say" with Trump. "They say there's fraud" "they say I'm the greatest" "they say I've done more for the American people than anyone ever, and I'm the best."

You know what THEY really said? "We would prefer a milquetoast ancient dude like Joe Biden over you." That's what THEY said. Now please, kindly get the fuck out of our lives.

allegate
01-04-2021, 03:02 PM
https://twitter.com/RefuseFascism/status/1346194817945120776?s=20

So neat to see.

allegate
01-04-2021, 03:49 PM
This, less so.

https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1346205849778327552?s=20

Substance242
01-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Btw, from interesting "Death to 2020 (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13567480)":
"The US President, you may have heard of him, he's quite the character, Mr. Trump, was facing an impeachment trial, which is a traditional ceremony that Americans perform to work out whether their president has gone off."
:-)

Magnetic
01-04-2021, 04:19 PM
I guess he'll leave the keys in the mailbox?

hellospaceboy
01-04-2021, 10:08 PM
https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1346205849778327552?s=20

I'm extremely comfortable with him leaving the country and never returning.

allegate
01-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Trump infers in this call to Raffensperger that he is working on the other states, as if maybe those calls are to happen.
A few pundits are speculating that the Lindsey Graham call is the reason they recorded this one, which if true makes you wonder what crazy shit he was trying to get them to do then for them to want to record Trump now.

And this 28-year-old had better lawyer up and sue because what the actual fucking fuck.

Trump shared the wrong number for a Michigan lawmaker. A 28-year-old has gotten thousands of angry calls. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/05/michigan-trump-wrong-number-chatfield/)

onthewall2983
01-05-2021, 09:49 AM
"looking up Scotland-US extradition laws"

Jinsai
01-05-2021, 09:52 AM
honestly, yeah... if that's how it has to be, where he's cowering overseas because he's basically in "a Roman Polanski situation" for the rest of his life, I'll take that absolutely. It's not THE most satisfying outcome, but it sounds infinitely better than him hanging around, grooming his "loyal" buddies and cultists, and creating a future for his ego where he's worshipped in some pathetic capacity... because we've already seen that this person, for whatever reason, can do whatever he wants and get away with it. He's never going to see the inside of a jail cell.

allegate
01-05-2021, 10:22 AM
Well, except for the twitter following that still lives here and would be more than happy to do his bidding.

OK, so he'd have to move to Parler after the 21st when twitter bans him but you know what I mean. Honestly a little surprised he doesn't have an account there yet.

Which makes me think about trapt and the way people snatched Parler accounts with their name...someone should register a bunch of trump accounts so he can't.

allegate
01-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Scotland is shut down though at the moment:
Asked about speculation that Mr Trump could travel to Scotland in order to avoid the inauguration, Ms Sturgeon said: "I have no idea what Donald Trump's travel plans are, you'll be glad to know."

"I hope and expect that – as everybody expects, not everybody necessarily will hope – that the travel plan immediately that he has is to exit the White House."

"But beyond that I don't know. We are not allowing people to come in to Scotland without an essential purpose right now and that would apply to him, just as it applies to anybody else."https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-biden-inauguration-scotland-sturgeon-lockdown-b1782602.html

Magnetic
01-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Sturgeon is an irritating women, but sometimes her wit impresses me.

poinoup
01-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Tapper vs Higgins on CNN last night was tremendous. Every time they would give "evidence" it was debunked immediately by Tapper, using their own reps... The consistent eye movement shows them trying to concoct some form of bullshit in their head. Oh, the uneasiness, body language is fun. He also said CNN had "talking points" when he would have no rebuttal. Just awesome.

Also, I just got off the phone with my bank. I told them to find 11780 more dollars in my savings account. Everyone at their bank counted wrong.

allegate
01-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Very interesting read about history.

https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/1346585430565810176?s=20

I don't have a sub to his stack but I was able to read it so hopefully you can as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErAN6QdW8AE_0I8?format=jpg&name=small

allegro
01-05-2021, 07:09 PM
https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/status/1346582238276759553?s=21

onthewall2983
01-06-2021, 03:04 AM
He's about to have a not very good day

SM Rollinger
01-06-2021, 05:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/p8Ttld6.jpg

allegate
01-06-2021, 09:47 AM
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1346785648745852928?s=20

also:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErDgZXeXcAIEMQR?format=jpg&name=small

allegro
01-06-2021, 10:20 AM
The Proud Boys got pepper-sprayed and arrested by the D.C. police all night. And it was on Twitter. And it was awesome. Looking forward to more, today.

The Proud Boys leader, Enrique Tarrio (no relation to Deney Terrio of Dance Fever) was banned from D.C. by a judge after being caught with two (empty) high-capacity assault rifle magazines (with Proud Boys logos) in his bags.

october_midnight
01-06-2021, 12:04 PM
Pence officially releases a statement that later today he won't do what Trump wants; will proceed with Biden's election status as normal. All while shitbag Trump is STILL droning on. He JUST said 'I hope Mike does what he should do.' lmaoooo.

october_midnight
01-06-2021, 12:19 PM
And of course...here's the consequence of being such a 'law and order' president. Shameful.

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1346881968819105792

Swykk
01-06-2021, 01:08 PM
Jim Jordan is profoundly stupid.

poinoup
01-06-2021, 01:24 PM
And this is ALL to keep Trump happy...