PDA

View Full Version : Any Black Friday scores?

versusreality
11-29-2019, 04:25 PM
I've been getting back into RPGs lately (even though I still pretty much suck at them) and got a tip that the Square Enix store was having a sale and I found something crazy while searching...sealed PS1 games! For less than $4 each!! I picked up:
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Chrono Cross

last weekend, I picked up a Switch Lite for myself (my first foray into a modern gen system since I only own a PS2 at the moment) and one for my gf. I love it. I knew Black Friday was coming up and wanted to score on some games that caught my interest. Here's what I picked up/downloaded:

eshop
Doom (50% off)
Bloodstained ($20 off)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 ($20 off)
Romancing Saga 3 ($8 off)
Ys VIII (50% off)
Grandia Collection ($18 off)

ordered physical games from best buy:
Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster ($25 off)
Final Fantasy XII ($25 off)
Collection of Mana ($20 off)

Anyone else get some good deals?

Magnetic
11-29-2019, 04:47 PM
I needed a new light weight laptop, so I went for the Dell XPS 13 with $350 off. Not too bad a deal I guess.

Piko
11-29-2019, 05:53 PM
Might get Division 2. Its 15 bucks on PSN.

SM Rollinger
11-29-2019, 06:12 PM
Got a 20k mAh battery bank for 9 bucks, a new sweater for my cat for 3 bucks, and a 45k BTU propane garage heater for 50 bucks

edit: lol just noticed this was for games. Got shadowkeep finally for destiny 2 :)

ManBurning
12-01-2019, 11:50 AM
I bought a bunch of crap from the Nintendo eShop as well. Wasn't planning on it, because most of the titles I've been wanting to play, I already downloaded when they came out, except for a few here and there that i've been waiting on for whatever reason. The only notable purchase of the bunch was "The Messenger". That one's been on my radar for a while, but I kept pushing it aside for other titles for some reason. It was 40-50% off or something, so not bad. There are actually some pretty solid eShop deals going on right now, I was shocked. Turok 2 caught my eye as well, but I passed on it, haha.

Was also contemplating PS4 bundle, but I passed on it. I only want a PS4 to play the FF7 remake in March. Holding out that maybe there will be a system/game bundle that comes out that makes it worthwhile closer to it's launch.
Seems silly to be buying a PS4 this late into it's life cycle when a PS5 is just around the corner, but man... that game is calling my name hard.

edit: lol just noticed this was for games. Got shadowkeep finally for destiny 2 https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/smilies/smile.png

Not gonna lie, I contemplated making a general "deals" thread a few days ago to try and catch all the various online deals around in once place. Not just to video games, but anything, and also not just geared towards Black Friday either, because there are some solid deals and discounts to be had all year round. I find a lot of Black Friday deals are a bit of a scam anyway. There are some OK ones if you sift through all the garbage, but most of it is items that have been sitting on store shelves for a while that they are trying to liquidate for the next models. Guess that's fine if you just want something for the sake of getting something and don't care about the newest/greatest thing, but over all these "discount holidays" (Canada has "Boxing Day" - Dec 26th) are a scam. Nothing you can't get any other time of the year usually.

versusreality
12-02-2019, 07:03 PM
I bought a bunch of crap from the Nintendo eShop as well. Wasn't planning on it, because most of the titles I've been wanting to play, I already downloaded when they came out, except for a few here and there that i've been waiting on for whatever reason. The only notable purchase of the bunch was "The Messenger". That one's been on my radar for a while, but I kept pushing it aside for other titles for some reason. It was 40-50% off or something, so not bad. There are actually some pretty solid eShop deals going on right now, I was shocked. Turok 2 caught my eye as well, but I passed on it, haha.

Was also contemplating PS4 bundle, but I passed on it. I only want a PS4 to play the FF7 remake in March. Holding out that maybe there will be a system/game bundle that comes out that makes it worthwhile closer to it's launch.
Seems silly to be buying a PS4 this late into it's life cycle when a PS5 is just around the corner, but man... that game is calling my name hard.

Turok 2 from N64? Oh man I didn't know that was on the eshop. I have to add that to my list.

I'm on the fence about the FFVII remake. It loooks goregous...but I am not the biggest fan of action rpgs. I'm realizing I like classic turn based stuff more. Still, that game does look tempting (I haven't played FFVII in 20+ years since renting it from Blockbuster! )

ManBurning
12-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Turok 2 from N64? Oh man I didn't know that was on the eshop. I have to add that to my list.

I'm on the fence about the FFVII remake. It loooks goregous...but I am not the biggest fan of action rpgs. I'm realizing I like classic turn based stuff more. Still, that game does look tempting (I haven't played FFVII in 20+ years since renting it from Blockbuster! )

Turok 1 and 2 are both up on the e-shop! The digitally remastered versions as well. I bought turok 1 back in March when it came out at full price. Had a blast with it.

Both titles are like... under $10 each currently. Like $6? $8? Normally $20+ cash in on that while ya can.

Kodiak33
12-03-2019, 07:28 AM
I bought MK11 Premium for 38 bucks from GMG. I thought about getting Destiny 2 Shadowkeep as well, but my friends aren't playing it anymore.