PDA

View Full Version : NIN touring in 2020 ???

somewhat_
08-28-2019, 10:23 AM
Discovered this on the inforoo message boards about NIN possibly starting a tour in June (or May @ Shaky knees)

Sorry, can’t link from my Tapatalk app.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190828/92b40af8b06fe9ee987c0c1b6f61e998.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190828/e82f25c5b5fd9493d9138a1727a64556.jpg

eachpassingphase
08-28-2019, 10:35 AM
I hope there's truth to this. I'm gonna start stacking my cash right away just in case because if another tour for NIN (or even anything related like HTDA) is in the works my dumb ass is going HARD this time around on shows. I was too reserved last tour and just did seated tickets for one show and I have been kicking myself ever since.

halo eighteen
08-28-2019, 10:59 AM
I wonder if there will be new material in conjunction with this. Either way, I too hope there's truth to this happening!

cdm
08-28-2019, 12:44 PM
This is promising, I guess, but I'm always skeptical of these happenstance encounters where promoters give up trade info unprompted. But to steal a phrase from our favorite dummy: if it's what you say I love it.

sweeterthan
08-28-2019, 02:27 PM
Best news I’ve read all day.

Edit to add: I just looked up this person and I have 10 fb friends in common with him. Interesting for sure!

Sarah K
08-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Glad I just landed this new job.

Even if it isn't true, it'll motivate me to save all of my extra money!

Magnetic
08-29-2019, 06:03 AM
Crossing my fingers for a special Christmas season.

Demogorgon
08-29-2019, 07:25 PM
Pleeeeeeease play Ohio this time. PLEEEEEEEASE play somewhere in Ohio this time.

FULLMETAL
08-29-2019, 07:55 PM
I call bullshit. The HRH & The Joint are closing February 2020 for the Virgin rebranding & there's no way they're gonna start a tour without doing some warm-ups there. j/k

Does this mean the tour would support new songs, or could it be an expansion of CBI from theaters to larger venues?

Regardless, looks like I'll need to put more change into the Hey-pig-piggy bank for the remainder of the year.

TheRealNs1
08-29-2019, 07:55 PM
hoping for another 6 LA shows and 3 Vegas shows.

:D

somewhat_
08-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Pleeeeeeease play Ohio this time. PLEEEEEEEASE play somewhere in Ohio this time.

Would like to think some places that were skipped over last time will get some love this time around.

Does this mean the tour would support new songs, or could it be an expansion of CBI from theaters to larger venues?

Ideally it will be the same venue types as CBI or even smaller-clubs (fairly unlikely). Definitely wouldn’t be surprised if a new EP or LP is released - summer 2020 seems like an appropriate time for an official follow up to year zero.

sonic_discord
08-29-2019, 09:30 PM
I'm skeptical, yet cautiously optimistic. I won't get excited for now, but when they DO tour again, I really hope they do something really similar to Cold and Black and Infinite, but with more elaborate production. Not TOO elaborate where the set is mostly static the whole tour (like Tension), but a happy medium. Either way, I'll be happy because they never disappoint!

fillow
08-30-2019, 01:43 AM
Calling bs on this. It's a "I know a guy who knows a guy" story. And he just goes ahead and spill the beans to random guy in a store.
And would even NIN plan a tour 10 months in advance? This isn't a goddamn Pink Floyd reunion tour.

If it's actually true, then there's definitely a major release coming. No way Trent is going on tour again with only old material.

sick among the pure
08-31-2019, 12:51 AM
Part of me hopes it's true because god I would love some more shows, but part of me hopes it's not till fall or 2021 just so I can get more in my "NIN fund".

sonic_discord
08-31-2019, 01:23 PM
If it's actually true, then there's definitely a major release coming. No way Trent is going on tour again with only old material.

Yeah, I'm really hoping there's new NIN about to be released in late 2019 with a tour in early 2020. I'd definitely settle for another EP, but I'm really hoping they've secretly been working on a new full-length album in the time since Bad Witch dropped!

bobbie solo
09-01-2019, 12:05 AM
And would even NIN plan a tour 10 months in advance? This isn't a goddamn Pink Floyd reunion tour.

I agree with you that this info has a very good chance of being BS. That being said, most if not all major, headliner-level musical acts know what they're doing for the entirety of 2020 at this point & potentially beyond too. These things get mapped out on the macro level way in advance. They might not have every show fulled booked, but how the calendar is blocked out is already in place by bands at NIN's level and above, as well as many lower on the totem pole as well. "Jan-March studio time" "May-June US touring" "Aug Euro tour" etc. For sure.

ManBurning
09-01-2019, 02:57 AM
If there is a 2020 tour, I don't see it being backed by new material. The guy has like 3 or 4 soundtracks he's working on now. Every week we seem to get an announcement of a new project he's working on.
I have a feeling Nails is not on his priority list at this moment in time.

If there is a tour, It'll probably be a 30th anniversary tour of some sort to celebrate 30 years. Maybe Hate 2020? I'm still holding out for PHM 30th anniversary surprise pop-up show in October, but I know deep down it ain't gonna happen. Still... he has to acknowledge PHM 30th anniversary in some capacity this fall, right??? He acknowledged Woodstock 25th after all... Maybe we'll get another t-shirt lol.
Coming up 20 yrs on the Fragile in a couple weeks too....

ninlive
09-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Shaky Knees? I highly doubt it. I would love to be wrong since that festival is right across the street from me and NIN would be the only way you would get me into that festival, ever. Definitely over the festivals in general.

EDIT: From what I've seen from inforoo, it's usually just a bunch of people blabbing that has no foundation.

eversonpoe
09-01-2019, 11:59 AM
If there is a 2020 tour, I don't see it being backed by new material. Those guys have like 3 or 4 soundtracks they're working on now. Every week we seem to get an announcement of a new project they're working on.
I have a feeling Nails is not on their priority list at this moment in time.

fixed that for you ;)

sick among the pure
09-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Hate 2020?

Doesn't trump have that copyrighted?

theimage13
09-02-2019, 03:08 AM
Okay:

Logistics-wise, the story has merit. Yes, it's common to be working on tours that far out. Routing is a bitch; making sure you can secure the venues you want in an order that makes sense gets damn near impossible the closer you get to the actual dates. I've done tours where dates were already publicly announced for shows that were 11 months out; I'd already had the schedule in hand over a year in advance. So that part of the story doesn't make my BS alarm go off. Add in that this is not a "band" in the traditional sense and that everyone has more than just NIN on their plate, and you need time to make sure that everyone necessary is actually available.

Regarding speculation about whether this means new music, eh maybe. Touring is really tough, but it's also addicting. And the last tour was by all accounts a smash hit with the fans, so it may very well have left him wanting to do more when the time worked out, regardless of whether there's new music or not. Can any of you honestly say you wouldn't go see them next year just because there's not a new EP or album?

That said, this is an internet post about "my buddy met this guy who claimed that blah blah blah", so the actual authenticity of the source is 100% unreliable. However, I will say that there are some people who will be really loose with information that either doesn't affect them, might make someone's day, or both. So if Tim really does have inside info on NIN, it's no skin off his back to give some vague information to a random person. IF it ever became a problem, one denial and he's in the clear.

Point being: very plausible scenario, but no real verification.

streetman
09-02-2019, 04:22 AM
Trent did say "lots coming in 2019"

streetman
09-02-2019, 04:24 AM
Okay:

Logistics-wise, the story has merit. Yes, it's common to be working on tours that far out. Routing is a bitch; making sure you can secure the venues you want in an order that makes sense gets damn near impossible the closer you get to the actual dates. I've done tours where dates were already publicly announced for shows that were 11 months out; I'd already had the schedule in hand over a year in advance. So that part of the story doesn't make my BS alarm go off. Add in that this is not a "band" in the traditional sense and that everyone has more than just NIN on their plate, and you need time to make sure that everyone necessary is actually available.

Regarding speculation about whether this means new music, eh maybe. Touring is really tough, but it's also addicting. And the last tour was by all accounts a smash hit with the fans, so it may very well have left him wanting to do more when the time worked out, regardless of whether there's new music or not. Can any of you honestly say you wouldn't go see them next year just because there's not a new EP or album?

That said, this is an internet post about "my buddy met this guy who claimed that blah blah blah", so the actual authenticity of the source is 100% unreliable. However, I will say that there are some people who will be really loose with information that either doesn't affect them, might make someone's day, or both. So if Tim really does have inside info on NIN, it's no skin off his back to give some vague information to a random person. IF it ever became a problem, one denial and he's in the clear.

Point being: very plausible scenario, but no real verification.

I'm willing to bet there's new music. Atticus even said on video that they were going into the studio in january to record new NIN

sonic_discord
09-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Atticus even said on video that they were going into the studio in january to record new NIN

Do you know/remember which interview he said that in? Was this a video from last year where he referring to January 2019 or a more recent one referring to January 2020?

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
09-03-2019, 04:31 PM
NIN isn't usually the type of band to do a tour without something new to promote. I can't really think of any tours they have done with nothing to promote except for the Outside tour.

theimage13
09-03-2019, 09:54 PM
NIN isn't usually the type of band to do a tour without something new to promote. I can't really think of any tours they have done with nothing to promote except for the Outside tour.

I would argue that Cold Black & Infinite wasn't really meant to promote new material. I mean, the tour started three months after they released six new songs (and over a year after the next-newest EP) and the catalog seemed to go pretty heavy on playing things that older fans would love. There's probably some interview or press release that could objectively prove me wrong and say that it was intended to be the final "here's our trilogy, now let's tour" cycle or something. But to me it sure as hell felt more like Trent just acknowledging that there's an audience that was hungry to hear stuff from all over the catalog and he wanted to go out and play it in a less-scripted format that the more recent arena tours.

streetman
09-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Do you know/remember which interview he said that in? Was this a video from last year where he referring to January 2019 or a more recent one referring to January 2020?

Yes, it was actually a couple interviews form the end of 2018. One was a video interview in Mexico and one was from a separate print interview. I think you can find the mexico one on youtube but I don't remember where I saw the print one.

cdm
09-04-2019, 08:50 AM
I would argue that Cold Black & Infinite wasn't really meant to promote new material. I mean, the tour started three months after they released six new songs (and over a year after the next-newest EP) and the catalog seemed to go pretty heavy on playing things that older fans would love.

Not to go full nerd here but according to setlists.fm (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?year=2018) there were 1195 songs played during the tour and 276 (~23%) of which were from one of the 3 recent EPs with Bad Witch accounting for 136. BW was the 2nd most represented album/EP behind TDS. Given their catalog I would say yes, the CB&I tour was meant to promote the EP trilogy.

fillow
09-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Well, there were two recent tours with kinda no new new material.
The first leg of Performance 2007 in Europe is the first one. They already done promoting WT, but did not start with YZ yet (Survivalism and TBOTE didn't debut until halfway through the tour and the rest of YZ songs had to wait until Australia/Japan leg).
The second one is obviously the entirety of Wave Goodbye cycle. It wasn't The Slip tour in any way, LITS was.
However both of these tours served a completely different agenda which were specifically announced by TR. 2007 tour was done as a sorta compensation for minimal amount of international touring in 2005/06 (comparing to much longer North American schedule) and Wave Goodbye was, well, what it was.

theimage13
09-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Not to go full nerd here but according to setlists.fm (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?year=2018) there were 1195 songs played during the tour and 276 (~23%) of which were from one of the 3 recent EPs with Bad Witch accounting for 136. BW was the 2nd most represented album/EP behind TDS. Given their catalog I would say yes, the CB&I tour was meant to promote the EP trilogy.

By all means, go full nerd - that's what I love about this forum. I guess it's all semantics - if I knew a band's setlist was averaging less than 1/4 of new material (and that most of that "new" material dated back one or two years before the tour), I'd be hard pressed to say that the tour was clearly meant to "support new material".

Compare it to the last time I saw Puscifer for example - they played literally the entire new album. Not in order, mind you. But every single song on that disc was in the setlist. Shrug. Just my two cents. As you were, friends.

Magnetic
09-04-2019, 05:06 PM

As someone who uses statistics on a daily basis, going full nerd is welcome.
After the release of Hesitation Marks, that album was 30% of the songs played, with TDS at 16% in 2013. In 2014 with more shows, TDS was 24%, and Hesitation Marks at 17.4%.
If you look at other years, TDS is consistently at 20-25% of the songs played. Even in 2007 when Year Zero came out, TDS accounted for 25% and Year Zero 15%.
In 2008, there were less shows, but Year Zero maxed out at 22.3%, with The Slip at 18%, and TDS at 16%.
So in this context, there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.

buzburbank
09-04-2019, 10:54 PM
...there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.

Thank God.

sonic_discord
09-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Thank God.

Not a fan of the EP trilogy?

buzburbank
09-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Not a fan of the EP trilogy?

Generally I prefer older stuff, but my fondness does grow over time. New music has a place, but frankly it also has the potential to suck the energy out of the room depending on the set list. For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the pacing of the 3 CBI shows I attended (2-3 trilogy songs/night) a lot more than Tension (10 HM songs). HM was only about a month old at the time, so that certainly was a factor.

paul_guyet
09-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Guys...I cannot CAN NOT CAN NOT buy any more show posters...

All that said: I'd hope for a longer hiatus in which new music can be released before another tour.

zaps30
09-11-2019, 09:30 PM
An actual tour or just festival circuit?

WorzelG
10-06-2019, 02:18 AM
There are rumours going around on a UK festival forum that NIN and Arcade Fire have been offered headline slots at a festival called All Points East. I may actually consider going to a UK festival again if this is true (only offers been made though, not accepted but it would mean they are ‘out there’.) Personally I hope they headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury because it gets them on the telly and would encourage new fans. The rumours are half way down the page or so
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/228361-all-points-east-festival-2020/page/6/#comments

The beauty of this festival is it’s in Victoria Park in London, no camping or hotel fees as we’d stay with my sister, no tedious travel arrangements, perfect.

somewhat_
10-22-2019, 08:19 PM
There are rumours going around on a UK festival forum that NIN and Arcade Fire have been offered headline slots at a festival called All Points East. I may actually consider going to a UK festival again if this is true (only offers been made though, not accepted but it would mean they are ‘out there’.) Personally I hope they headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury because it gets them on the telly and would encourage new fans. The rumours are half way down the page or so
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/228361-all-points-east-festival-2020/page/6/#comments

The beauty of this festival is it’s in Victoria Park in London, no camping or hotel fees as we’d stay with my sister, no tedious travel arrangements, perfect.

Clicking that efestivals link again leads us to some discouraging news/rumors about 2020 possibilities.

WorzelG
10-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Clicking that efestivals link again leads us to some discouraging news/rumors about 2020 possibilities.
As long as the desire to tour is still there, I’m easy waiting till 2021

fillow
10-23-2019, 12:31 AM
I dunno. The whole thread on that forum looks to me like someone making up news on the go. Sure, everyone's got friend of friend who feeds updates on festival bookings to their pals on regular basis.

Haysey_Draws
10-23-2019, 02:42 AM
efestivals has always been a bit of truth and a lot of wishful thinking! There might be something in it, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

sonic_discord
10-23-2019, 12:44 PM
I dunno. The whole thread on that forum looks to me like someone making up news on the go. Sure, everyone's got friend of friend who feeds updates on festival bookings to their pals on regular basis.

Yeah, but the fact that Mariqueen is pregnant gives this particular one more legitimacy, as I have no doubt they would want to be home for a while before, during, and after the birth of their newest child. Can't blame them for that, either! So, even if there were at one point plans for a 2020 tour, I can definitely believe that it's since become a 2021 tour.

ninlive
10-23-2019, 04:19 PM
I could see one off festival dates. But not a full blown tour.

halo eighteen
10-24-2019, 07:14 AM
As much as I'd like to see NIN in 2020 (and this still might happen if they get into R&RHOF) this is actually kind of bittersweet because Tori Amos will be touring next year and I tend to go a little crazy there hah. Supposedly The Cure are too, so I don't really mind this getting bumped back to 2021.

sick among the pure
10-24-2019, 09:50 PM
As long as we get a tour in 2022 (Year Zero)...

arsenic
10-30-2019, 12:05 PM
According to reddit (https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/dp5p2b/nin_to_score_finchers_new_movie/):

NIN were booked to play Primavera Sound in Barcelona, LA and Porto next year. Fincher asked them to do his next film so they postponed and are booked for 2021.

More details about the Gabi Ruiz interview on /r/primaverasound (https://old.reddit.com/r/primaverasound/comments/dodkb8/qa_with_festival_director_gabi_ruiz_wednesday/)

ninlive
10-30-2019, 01:02 PM
I know that most of these festivals, you have to book them a year or so out in advance. This seems plausible.

ryanmcfly
10-30-2019, 08:42 PM
I’m still hoping for a few one off shows. I feel like I read somewhere that he said they didn’t want to wait as long to do some shows because they were enjoying the shows so much. But I suppose we shall see.

StockAvuryah
11-01-2019, 07:02 AM
According to reddit (https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/dp5p2b/nin_to_score_finchers_new_movie/):

More details about the Gabi Ruiz interview on /r/primaverasound (https://old.reddit.com/r/primaverasound/comments/dodkb8/qa_with_festival_director_gabi_ruiz_wednesday/)

here : https://www.reddit.com/r/primaverasound/comments/dodkb8/qa_with_festival_director_gabi_ruiz_wednesday/

WorzelG
11-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Time to make a new NIN album too while scoring for David Fincher,

So since this seems legit from the festival bookers mouth, I am never going to get upset again when Trent starts saying at gigs “last show in Europe ... maybe ever”

cdm
11-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Angels and Airwaves have announced winter tour dates. Ilan appears to be occupied from 12/4/2019 to 1/26/2020. They apparently have a new album out next year so this likely isn't the only set of dates.

virushopper
11-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Angels and Airwaves have announced winter tour dates. Ilan appears to be occupied from 12/4/2019 to 1/26/2020. They apparently have a new album out next year so this likely isn't the only set of dates.

Time to call in the Freese! /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botley
11-07-2019, 09:21 AM
I can't see why we'd expect them to be playing shows before September next year, at the earliest.

somewhat_
11-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Yep, at this point it appears 2020 summer festival appearances have been cancelled(postponed to 2021) because of some combination of pregnancy and/or a new Fincher score. Also, they haven’t started working on new nin material yet.

StockAvuryah
11-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Yep, at this point it appears 2020 summer festival appearances have been cancelled(postponed to 2021) because of some combination of pregnancy and/or a new Fincher score. Also, they haven’t started working on new nin material yet.

We only have a quote on the Fincher score and Primavera booking for festivals, isn't it ?

ninlive
11-09-2019, 09:20 AM
We only have a quote on the Fincher score and Primavera booking for festivals, isn't it ?

Correct. Doesn't mean they can't play a few shows stateside like in 2017. I'm just really pulling for Shaky Knees. lol.

FULLMETAL
11-09-2019, 04:56 PM
If NIN plays Shaky Knees this year, I will buy you a new iMac Pro for the archive.

ninlive
11-09-2019, 07:31 PM
If NIN plays Shaky Knees this year, I will buy you a new iMac Pro for the archive.

lmaooooo

My extra bedroom at my crib a couple blocks from there has your name on it, homie!

FieldOnFire
11-18-2019, 03:07 AM
Interesting! I've been to APE several times (went twice this year) and it's generally very well run, and the lineups are among the best in the UK. Only issue this year was that the sound for Chemical Brothers was a little sub-par.

Would be very happy if NIN had a spot there, though would want them to do some of their own shows around it.

halo eighteen
11-18-2019, 07:43 AM
Interesting! I've been to APE several times (went twice this year) and it's generally very well run, and the lineups are among the best in the UK. Only issue this year was that the sound for Chemical Brothers was a little sub-par.

Would be very happy if NIN had a spot there, though would want them to do some of their own shows around it.

If they supposedly bumped their June 1-7 Primavera appearance(s) to 2021 due to scheduling conflicts, I really wouldn't count on them being at APE next year since it's only the week before that.

sweeterthan
11-20-2019, 09:38 AM
Shakey knees line up posted and no nin.

ninlive
11-20-2019, 05:24 PM
Shakey knees line up posted and no nin.

I hate rumors.

Also, Ilan is playing at Shaky Knees with Angels and Airwaves. I would assume that he is booked through the summer and nothing new for NIN until the fall.

halo eighteen
11-20-2019, 05:45 PM
I hate rumors.

Also, Ilan is playing at Shaky Knees with Angels and Airwaves. I would assume that he is booked through the summer and nothing new for NIN until the fall.

He's also gonna be performing as The New Regime. Maybe Ilan didn't get the memo that NIN wasn't playing lol

eachpassingphase
11-20-2019, 09:16 PM
That Shaky Knees lineup is actually right up my alley and i'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that. Plus I am curious about seeing The New Regime live, Ilan really is the shit.

Haysey_Draws
11-21-2019, 05:47 AM
That Shaky Knees lineup is actually right up my alley and i'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that. Plus I am curious about seeing The New Regime live, Ilan really is the shit.

Also, from my few times meeting him, thoroughly decent human being as well!

ninlive
11-21-2019, 09:37 AM

Same. I usually hate festivals. But that lineup is pretty rad!

spahn
12-19-2019, 04:28 PM
So over on the nine inch nails fan Facebook page someone posted a copy of the revolver article and it states that they will be touring in 2020 along with a new album!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spahn
12-19-2019, 04:29 PM
Here is the snippethttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191219/9d70ec0de56734bdf3148ae3e86172ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

slave2thewage
12-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Given my gig schedule next year, it’s time to sell more body parts.

Krazy
12-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Only hope is that it’s not a “festival tour” like a couple years ago. Hoping for an awesome production arena/ampitheatre tour or what they did last year with CABAI.

Exciting news today though.

Krazy
12-19-2019, 06:59 PM
it’s time to sell more body parts.

Dibs on your liver.

slave2thewage
12-19-2019, 08:23 PM
Dibs on your liver.
Nobody wants that.

I have a horrible suspicion that it’s gonna be like 2017 with a very small number of NA dates.

Magnetic
12-19-2019, 09:33 PM
I'm stoked. I'm cringing to think how much it'll cost, but it's a must.

magnolia
12-19-2019, 09:34 PM
I knew it was a good move to start that special NIN savings account after the end of the C+B+I tour last year.

I’m so fucking ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorzelG
12-19-2019, 11:49 PM
I don’t like to be bearer of bad news but this is the Reddit AMA with Primavera organiser where he said, 2021 not 2020 which is fine by me. Maybe this interview was conducted a while ago?
https://www.reddit.com/r/primaverasound/comments/dodkb8/qa_with_festival_director_gabi_ruiz_wednesday/

ManBurning
12-20-2019, 02:09 AM
Ding. Ding. Ding.
And the Award goes to....

Late fall tour with December 18th, 2020 record release confirmed.

https://i.imgur.com/n2z2d0t.jpg

WorzelG
12-20-2019, 05:22 AM
^^^ ooh the question about the CMA award actually dates the interview to AFTER that Primavera chat, so maybe there will be dates. Exciting.

Krazy
12-20-2019, 08:18 AM
I don’t like to be bearer of bad news but this is the Reddit AMA with Primavera organiser where he said, 2021 not 2020 which is fine by me. Maybe this interview was conducted a while ago?
https://www.reddit.com/r/primaverasound/comments/dodkb8/qa_with_festival_director_gabi_ruiz_wednesday/

^^^ ooh the question about the CMA award actually dates the interview to AFTER that Primavera chat, so maybe there will be dates. Exciting.

Maybe I’m stating the obvious here??? The post above/picture is from the Revolver magazine that features Trent on the cover, and is due out prior to the new year. I think that’s all we need at the moment, other than confirmed dates.

ninlive
12-20-2019, 01:46 PM
The Primavera Festival may just be for Barcelona. They couldn't make it work. I would assume touring NA would be easier than going overseas due to all the visas and paperwork that needs to be done to work overseas. <- This was a very short reason, but you get my drift. They may not be ready to go back to Europe and they have said in the past that they liked doing those few festival/shows in 2017.

As long as there is a few shows, even if I don't attend, would be nice to get some new recordings. :p

Zimbo
12-21-2019, 08:02 PM
If they tour I really hope they play Wisconsin. Last show was 2006 I think. That lawsuit might have fucked up our chances

skullboy0
12-31-2019, 02:46 PM
If they tour I really hope they play Wisconsin. Last show was 2006 I think. That lawsuit might have fucked up our chances

That, & the Lollapalooza radius clause.

sonic_discord
01-01-2020, 02:17 AM
Then they should play a show in Minneapolis or St. Paul so I don't have to drive to Chicago again. Although I'm also likely to travel to Portland, OR and/or Denver, CO for a show, too (Red Rocks is a bucket list venue of mine).

WorzelG
01-01-2020, 11:22 AM
I don’t live there but I felt sad for everyone who is a Canadian fan that they didn’t tour there last time. Is it expected that Canadians can easily get to somewhere in the North of the USA?

Krazy
01-01-2020, 03:44 PM

That, & the Lollapalooza radius clause.

Yeah, it’s been 2006 since they played in Wisconsin, and I’m sure the radius clauses for the Chicago festivals hurt some chances for Milwaukee shows. What lawsuit are you talking about though?

sonic_discord
01-01-2020, 04:53 PM
It hasn't been as long as WI, but they haven't been to MN since the 2013 Tension tour. They're due for a visit to the XCEL Energy Center or the Target Center (the only two venues they ever play here since the beginning of the Self Destruct tour).

halo eighteen
01-01-2020, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it’s been 2006 since they played in Wisconsin, and I’m sure the radius clauses for the Chicago festivals hurt some chances for Milwaukee shows. What lawsuit are you talking about though?

http://www.mtv.com/news/1536289/nine-inch-nails-sued-over-microphone-stand-allegedly-thrown-at-fall-concert/

Probably that. But I dunno if that has much to do with it, that one Brian Warner guy was sued by a Detroit-area amphitheater for doing lewd acts to a security guard's head and he's been back to that city/venue approximately 37 times since.

Krazy
01-01-2020, 07:22 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/1536289/nine-inch-nails-sued-over-microphone-stand-allegedly-thrown-at-fall-concert/

Probably that. But I dunno if that has much to do with it, that one Brian Warner guy was sued by a Detroit-area amphitheater for doing lewd acts to a security guard's head and he's been back to that city/venue approximately 37 times since.

Thanks. Yeah, doubt that has anything to do with a lack of Milwaukee (or even Madison) date since the lawsuit was filed.

MAD
01-02-2020, 02:28 PM
The next thing on my bucket list is to open for Nine Inch Nails. I've been rehearsing with my band like crazy and we plan on going live in 2020, that'd be something.

buzburbank
01-02-2020, 09:38 PM
It hasn't been as long as WI, but they haven't been to MN since the 2013 Tension tour. They're due for a visit to the XCEL Energy Center or the Target Center (the only two venues they ever play here since the beginning of the Self Destruct tour).

I prefer the idea of a smaller venue, and I hear that the Armory is excellent. Used to love the arenas, but I've been to mostly club/theater shows over the past several years and they cannot be beat.

sonic_discord
01-02-2020, 10:56 PM
I prefer the idea of a smaller venue, and I hear that the Armory is excellent. Used to love the arenas, but I've been to mostly club/theater shows over the past several years and they cannot be beat.

The Armory IS excellent and that's a great idea. I've seen APC, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, and Ghost there and all of them were fantastic. It hadn't occured to me that they could play there, but you're right, that might be an option. However, at 8,400, its capacity is considerably smaller than that of XCEL or Target Center (20,554 and 19,356 respectively), so they'd either have to play two shows back to back, or tickets would be scarce and sell out quickly (I feel the latter is far more likely). I'd LOVE to see NIN there, though!

Krazy
01-03-2020, 02:33 PM
The Armory IS excellent and that's a great idea. I've seen APC, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, and Ghost there and all of them were fantastic. It hadn't occured to me that they could play there, but you're right, that might be an option. However, at 8,400, its capacity is considerably smaller than that of XCEL or Target Center (20,554 and 19,356 respectively), so they'd either have to play two shows back to back, or tickets would be scarce and sell out quickly (I feel the latter is far more likely). I'd LOVE to see NIN there, though!

8,400 is a rather big venue- probably bigger than just about any venue they played in 2018, not counting festivals obviously.

sonic_discord
01-03-2020, 05:19 PM
8,400 is a rather big venue- probably bigger than just about any venue they played in 2018, not counting festivals obviously.

Right, BUT they played 2 or 3 nights at almost every venue in 2018 (6 for the Palladium!), which is an important distinction to make.

Krazy
01-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Right, BUT they played 2 or 3 nights at almost every venue in 2018 (6 for the Palladium!), which is an important distinction to make.

Oh for sure, I get that- but it was also all the largest markets in the US. Not like they were going to Tulsa then Omaha then Milwaukee then Grand Rapids, etc. If NIN does an arena tour (for some reason I doubt he’ll go that direction), I’m curious to find out how well it sells. Tension seemed like a mixed bag as far as ticket sales go.

We shall see. I’ll be excited as long as it’s not a festival tour.

TheRealNs1
01-03-2020, 07:31 PM
We shall see. I’ll be excited as long as it’s not a festival tour.

When was the last time Trent went out on tour without being funded by festival money? NINJA/WG?

sinspots
01-03-2020, 07:52 PM

I saw APC at Armory in Nov 2018 and my first time there. The venue was really cool, and I think it'd be a great one for NIN. HOWEVER, Xcel let people go inside the doors early in the morning, which was really nice, even though it was end of September and not cold yet. The Armory doesn't seem to have any space for that, so my guess is there is no way anyone would get inside early. This is a comfort of life factor for anyone wanting to be on the rail. I think I'd end up terribly cold for a really long time period if NIN would come on a really super cold and snowy day, you know like mid April or early November (tiny bit of sarcasm there with the dates, sort of).

Krazy
01-03-2020, 08:04 PM
When was the last time Trent went out on tour without being funded by festival money? NINJA/WG?

Cold and Black And Infinite late 2018, no? Before that I think was NIN/Soundgarden in 2014. With so many festivals these days I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one here and there during the tour. It would just suck if it was similar to 2017 and summer 2013 where it was almost strictly festivals.

Not hating on musicians making cash- and there’s a lot to be made to be a headliner- it’s just a shitty fan experience IMO. Shortened setlists, dumbed down production (typically), and have to deal with large crowds which is a pain in the ass.

TheRealNs1
01-03-2020, 08:15 PM
Cold and Black And Infinite late 2018, no? Before that I think was NIN/Soundgarden in 2014.

I would make the argument that the CBI run was paid for by the 2017 festival run and the 2018 EU festival run. But fair point.

Not hating on musicians making cash- and there’s a lot to be made to be a headliner- it’s just a shitty fan experience IMO. Shortened setlists, dumbed down production (typically), and have to deal with large crowds which is a pain in the ass.

Preaching to the choir!

tricil
01-03-2020, 11:10 PM
I would make the argument that the CBI run was paid for by the 2017 festival run and the 2018 EU festival run. But fair point.

[/COLOR][/INDENT]

[/COLOR]
Preaching to the choir!

CBI was funded on the day we all stood in line together

bobbie solo
01-06-2020, 03:22 PM
CBI was funded on the day we all stood in line together

So it was funded in foot pain, back pain & lost sleep?

tricil
01-06-2020, 03:26 PM
So it was funded in foot pain, back pain & lost sleep?

Isn’t everything?

bobbie solo
01-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Isn’t everything?

No. He funded Tapeworm with our tears.

Shadaloo
01-07-2020, 02:44 PM
I don’t live there but I felt sad for everyone who is a Canadian fan that they didn’t tour there last time. Is it expected that Canadians can easily get to somewhere in the North of the USA?

Thanks for the kind thoughts <3

From Montreal, if I really had to, in a pinch I could manage Boston, NYC, Buffalo, or Detroit. Might be doing NYC for Bauhaus later this year. But those are still long-ass trips, especially when one is bussing it like I am. Hell, I've come to Toronto to see bands more times than I can count, and that's still six hours.

And I'm lucky to be on the East coast!

I was completely blindsided when there wound up being no Canadian dates for the CBI tour. I kept expecting Toronto to show up but no dice. Think I remember reading that there were logistics problems or a conflict with the physical world presale and ticket providers up here. *Shrug*

Still bitter. The EP trilogy is my favorite NIN work in a long, long time.

ryanmcfly
01-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Got second place in my fantasy football league (won 200 dollars instead of 950 womp womp), and I am setting the winnings aside for any possible NIN date that I can feasibly travel to if there isn't one near me. CANT WAIT.

bobbie solo
01-08-2020, 04:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnG06-oYcg

sick among the pure
01-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts <3

From Montreal, if I really had to, in a pinch I could manage Boston, NYC, Buffalo, or Detroit. Might be doing NYC for Bauhaus later this year. But those are still long-ass trips, especially when one is bussing it like I am. Hell, I've come to Toronto to see bands more times than I can count, and that's still six hours.

And I'm lucky to be on the East coast!

I was completely blindsided when there wound up being no Canadian dates for the CBI tour. I kept expecting Toronto to show up but no dice. Think I remember reading that there were logistics problems or a conflict with the physical world presale and ticket providers up here. *Shrug*

Still bitter. The EP trilogy is my favorite NIN work in a long, long time.

Up until last year, I was in a similar but swapped boat. I lived in western NY and regularly had to go to Canada to see NIN since Toronto was closer than other cities they stopped in (no Buffalo show since 99). I was also really shocked, was it the first touring cycle since they started playing internationally that there was no show in Ontario?

Shadaloo
01-14-2020, 12:23 PM
Up until last year, I was in a similar but swapped boat. I lived in western NY and regularly had to go to Canada to see NIN since Toronto was closer than other cities they stopped in (no Buffalo show since 99). I was also really shocked, was it the first touring cycle since they started playing internationally that there was no show in Ontario?

It was, yes. And they hit Mexico City for two dates on CBI. The complete absence of Canadian dates is really conspicuous. Something definitely happened.

halo eighteen
01-15-2020, 07:45 AM
If nothing else this year, there's at least this!

May 2 - Cleveland, OH - Public Auditorium (Rock & Roll HOF 2020 Ceremony)

Trent confirmed they're performing. Plan is for more shows towards the end of the year as well ;)

Erneuert
01-15-2020, 08:05 AM

Trent confirmed they're performing. Plan is for more shows towards the end of the year as well ;)

Fingers crossed for MOTP performed in a tuxedo.

spahn
01-15-2020, 09:16 AM
I can't express how badly i want to see NIN live for the 10th time! Just needed to get that out there.

sonic_discord
01-15-2020, 10:20 AM
I can't express how badly i want to see NIN live for the 10th time! Just needed to get that out there.

I echo your sentiment and the next time I see them will also be my 10th time! Here's hoping it happens in 2020...

witte
01-15-2020, 10:26 AM
I wish they decide to do some visuals too...
NIN and visuals is inseparable

SM Rollinger
01-15-2020, 11:22 AM

Somebody please tape, and Mepeche Dode too. Thanks.

halo eighteen
01-15-2020, 11:57 AM
Somebody please tape, and Mepeche Dode too. Thanks.

It will be live streamed on HBO this year, so pro shot will be immediately, extremely widely available :)

ryanmcfly
01-15-2020, 12:27 PM
you know what would be cool? If NIN announced a show in Cleveland for the night before or night after.

TheRealNs1
01-15-2020, 03:11 PM
I wish they decide to do some visuals too...
NIN and visuals is inseparable

all strobes pointed directly at the audience.

tricil
01-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Fingers crossed for MOTP performed in a tuxedo.

Covenant vibes.

ManBurning
01-15-2020, 04:32 PM

Yeah! Fuck my friends!
They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.

sonic_discord
01-15-2020, 05:51 PM
Yeah! Fuck my friends!
They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.

I can relate to this quite a bit. Most of my friends don't care for my favorite bands (except for my friends that decided to move out to the west coast), so I end up dragging my wife to a lot of shows she'd rather skip or going with co-workers (which means I'm behaving myself). Most of my close friends are also of the mentality that you only need to see a band a couple of times. Even my best friend, whose favorite band is Metallica, says that he doesn't feel the need to see them ever again (he's seen them 5 times, 4 of them with me). Meanwhile, I saw Atmosphere for my 10th time last night and I'll most likely be seeing NIN for my 10th time later this year (plus I've seen Prof 9x, Cake 8x, Tool 7x, Weezer 7x, APC 6x, Ghost 5x, Tom Petty 4x, Cloud CultQotSA 3x, Smashing Pumpkins 3x, Alice in Chains 3x, Ben Folds 3x...).

bryan_NIN65
01-15-2020, 06:08 PM
How hard is to get tix to the RRHF cemoney? Has any one here been?

SM Rollinger
01-15-2020, 06:10 PM
It will be live streamed on HBO this year, so pro shot will be immediately, extremely widely available :)

Yeah but I want someone to AUD this.

ninlive
01-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Yeah but I want someone to AUD this.

Hi. I'll be there. :)

Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.

tricil
01-15-2020, 07:09 PM
Hi. I'll be there. :)

Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.

We’re gonna matrix the show feed with your AUD so hard

Krazy
01-15-2020, 08:21 PM
WHOAAHHH!... sounds kinky.

Krazy
01-15-2020, 08:24 PM
On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.

botley
01-15-2020, 09:15 PM
On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.

Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?

tricil
01-15-2020, 09:42 PM
If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.

Krazy
01-15-2020, 09:43 PM
Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?

I’m just going by his quotes In the RS interview. And not sure if being inducted immediately means more ticket sales. He and the promoter (along with what the ambition is) can figure that out. FWIW I’m hoping for a high production arena show but time will tell I guess. Or doing another club tour that includes some of the “smaller” cities would be cool.

botley
01-15-2020, 10:30 PM
If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.
I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend. It would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well. Not since Phil Collins hopped the Concorde at Live Aid...

tricil
01-15-2020, 10:34 PM
I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend, it would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well.

NIN *is* performing at the induction, this is confirmed. If Ilan is double booked, then we might have a The Joey Castillo situation on our hands. Or maybe Josh Freese is free.

botley
01-15-2020, 10:35 PM
I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!

tricil
01-15-2020, 10:58 PM
I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!

Will settle for Dave Grohl. Bring Homme and Lindsey Buckingham out and have a do over.

botley
01-15-2020, 11:23 PM
Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.

nooneimportant
01-15-2020, 11:34 PM
Considering this is a celebration of NIN, they should try to look to previous drummers since Ilan might not make it. They can pull from Josh Freese, Jerome Dillon (MAYBE?) or Chris Vrenna.

Shit dude, just use the Woodstock line up for one night only. Send some keyboards and guitars flying across the stage. It would be amazing considering the ceremony is a bunch of dinner tables and people in suits. The kinda contrast that Trent would be all about.

Haysey_Draws
01-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Yeah! Fuck my friends!

At least they maybe have seen them with you once, my friends (although i'm no longer friends mostly) only ever went with me to see bands they liked (most of whom i wasn't even into, but i went because that's what friends do) if it was a band i liked they suddenly couldn't be bothered. I've seen NIN (and a load of bands i love) several times and every time i was on my own :(

snaapz
01-16-2020, 08:53 AM

Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!

tricil
01-16-2020, 10:51 AM
Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.

And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.

FULLMETAL
01-16-2020, 11:24 AM
I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend!
Sting starts his “My Songs” tour in Philadelphia on May 1.

If TR setup camp on the East coast to rehearse the week before, Josh could be there & then just fly over after Sting’s show.

fillow
01-16-2020, 11:52 AM
And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.
Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)

tricil
01-16-2020, 11:53 AM
Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)

Ha. Well how about that.

ManBurning
01-16-2020, 02:24 PM
Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!

Incredible, Incredible, Incredible shows. Went to both of those. Those were my very first 2 NIN shows actually. Night 1 was INSANE. Have some incredibly fond memories of that show.
And yeah, tickets were a bitch and a half to acquire from what I recall.

botley
01-22-2020, 03:27 PM
Incredible, Incredible, Incredible shows. Went to both of those. Those were my very first 2 NIN shows actually. Night 1 was INSANE. Have some incredibly fond memories of that show.
And yeah, tickets were a bitch and a half to acquire from what I recall.

I only got one ticket for night one and had to resort to sneaking in to see night two. So glad I did, or I would've missed TR's fucking EPIC stage dive at the end of "Piggy"! Great times ;)

ManBurning
01-22-2020, 03:35 PM
I only got one ticket for night one and had to resort to sneaking in to see night two. So glad I did, or I would've missed TR's fucking EPIC stage dive at the end of "Piggy"! Great times ;)

Hahaha, what! How on earth did you manage to sneak in?
Mad props to you sir.

But yes, that stage dive was epic. I was front row for night 1 and hanged at the back for night 2. Wish I was in the crowd for that stage dive now, haha.

botley
01-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Back then, I was getting casual work to help pay my way through university as a security guard at concerts. It just so happened that the agency I worked with at the time was contracted for these shows. So, after getting an amazing earload on night one, I walked into the venue wearing my uniform before the doors opened on night two, went to the restroom and... took it off! I also decided to hang back on night two because I manged to snag one of those lithographs with the red, silver, and black print. Both shows were sweaty and amazing, but the combination of intense setlist and the anticipation for NIN's return (it had been five whole years since Fragility 2.0, after all) made that first night the most memorable.

Haysey_Draws
01-23-2020, 10:08 AM
Back then, I was getting casual work to help pay my way through university as a security guard at concerts. It just so happened that the agency I worked with at the time was contracted for these shows. So, after getting an amazing earload on night one, I walked into the venue wearing my uniform before the doors opened on night two, went to the restroom and... took it off! I also decided to hang back on night two because I manged to snag one of those lithographs with the red, silver, and black print. Both shows were sweaty and amazing, but the combination of intense setlist and the anticipation for NIN's return (it had been five whole years since Fragility 2.0, after all) made that first night the most memorable.

Fucking well played! *doffs hat*

shagg_187
01-23-2020, 10:37 AM

Koolhaus show was the best NIN show I've ever been to. It was so hype that Trent attempted stage dive and failed lol. The roof was dripping from moisture, Trent even threw the mic to the crowd so we can sing HLAH. He also did the same for Suck. I met Aaron North at the end of the show, he was super chill.

The QOTSA/NIN tour was also super intense. I freaking fell in love with Aaron North that night. So glad I recorded some footage from that show.

Look at this beautiful man:

https://youtu.be/p0hhZUXCblI

botley
01-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Koolhaus show was the best NIN show I've ever been to. It was so hype that Trent attempted stage dive and failed lol.
I saw him go up, but I was NOT up close enough to see how he landed, hahaa! It was a REAL leap, though, he got a friggin' running start from back up against the back-line LED towers, before jumping out into the front row! Totally fucking punk rock.

https://youtu.be/p0hhZUXCblIYes, nice call on coming back for the November arena show, I remember that being equally impressive!

Roy Bennett designed all their stages on that With Teeth tour, I believe, all the different LED backdrops including the ampitheatre rig from Summer 2006 that came down like a cage full of pinpoint lights (but from far back on the lawn section it looked like a sick low-res screen when the stage lights were low and smoke was pouring out from the wings). "Help Me I am in Hell" from Beside You In Time is a good showcase for that.

Hope some element of video production comes back, it felt strange not to have any (except for the cool black-and-white handheld camera feed) in 2018.

bobbie solo
01-24-2020, 02:17 PM

Did this with a friends Mrs. Fields Cookies shirt at PNC Bank Arts Center for Iron Maiden many years ago.

halo eighteen
02-11-2020, 01:25 PM
https://deadline.com/2020/02/sxsw-damon-lindelof-trent-reznor-lulu-wang-janelle-monae-keynote-speakers-south-by-southwest-1202857364/ (https://deadline.com/2020/02/sxsw-damon-lindelof-trent-reznor-lulu-wang-janelle-monae-keynote-speakers-south-by-southwest-1202857364/)

Maybe not the most appropriate place for this, if it's not already mentioned somewhere here, but Trent & Atticus will be keynote speakers at SXSW sometime between March 13-22, discussing their involvement with Watchmen along with Damon Lindelof.

*edit - of course already in the Watchmen thread lol :)

Krazy
02-18-2020, 10:24 AM
All these spring/summer/fall tours being announced in recent weeks, yet no NIN. Le sigh. :(

somewhat_
02-18-2020, 04:12 PM
Unless festival dates pop up beforehand, I’m thinking any other string of dates would be announced around the time of the rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony. As for festivals, maybe ACL, voodoo, and Primavera LA are possible?? I think NIN’s appearance @ Primavera LA was said to be postponed until next year but maybe that was when the thinking was all of nin’s shows were to be postponed until next year.

ryanmcfly
02-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Unless festival dates pop up beforehand, I’m thinking any other string of dates would be announced around the time of the rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony. As for festivals, maybe ACL, voodoo, and Primavera LA are possible?? I think NIN’s appearance @ Primavera LA was said to be postponed until next year but maybe that was when the thinking was all of nin’s shows were to be postponed until next year.

ACL and Voodoo make perfect sense. I'm about 75% sure that they'll be playing at least one of those two.

ryanmcfly
02-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Trent said they were doing shows in the latter half of the year. Well, Louder than Life in Kentucky was going to have metallica play two nights, but Metallica had to cancel due to Hettfield's on going focus on recovery. NIN was supposed to play LTL in 2018. Then it got cancelled due to weather. Gotta wonder if they'll try to book NIN to play it this year now that they have a couple headlining slots open up.

chuckrh
02-27-2020, 10:16 PM
https://www.lazerhorse.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Art-Inspired-By-Black-Death-triumph-of-death-bruegel-the-elder.jpg

Damage
02-28-2020, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=FULLMETAL;466137]I call bullshit. The HRH & The Joint are closing February 2020 for the Virgin rebranding & there's no way they're gonna start a tour without doing some warm-ups there. j/k

lololololololololololololololololol

But seriously ... you're right!!!!

It's going to be a while before they have this up and running again.

sonic_discord
02-28-2020, 12:29 PM
chuckrh What am I missing? What's the significance of the image you posted?

chuckrh
02-28-2020, 04:42 PM
@chuckrh (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=6224) What am I missing? What's the significance of the image you posted?

i put bubonic plague art in the search engine & got that. coronavirus.....

Krazy
02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/6AFdKIgBXXu5q/source.gif

paul_is_dead
03-03-2020, 09:06 AM
I hope they tour this year! Would be my first time seeing NIN.

fillow
03-12-2020, 10:05 AM
I'm kind of glad they haven't announced any dates yet and I hope they didn't even begin to book them. Killing the tour this early would be so much easier (and cheaper) for everyone.
Let all this panic die down and meanwhile there'll be more studio time for new NIN to ripen

paul_is_dead
03-12-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm kind of glad they haven't announced any dates yet and I hope they didn't even begin to book them. Killing the tour this early would be so much easier (and cheaper) for everyone.
Let all this panic die down and meanwhile there'll be more studio time for new NIN to ripen

True.

At least I hope that the second half of the year will be back to normal.

chuckrh
03-13-2020, 07:12 AM
True.

At least I hope that the second half of the year will be back to normal.

don't think that is going to be the case. when things do settle down, there are going to be a glut of shows by people who had to postpone now. maybe it would be better if NIN wait until next year rather take any chances with their health or finances. i would love to see them sooner but trying to look at the big picture.

WorzelG
03-13-2020, 08:46 AM
This whole Coronavirus thing has made me glad they put off festivals like Primavera this year to 2021.

sonic_discord
03-13-2020, 11:20 AM
don't think that is going to be the case. when things do settle down, there are going to be a glut of shows by people who had to postpone now. maybe it would be better if NIN wait until next year rather take any chances with their health or finances. i would love to see them sooner but trying to look at the big picture.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there. At this point, I highly doubt they'll be touring this year.

BRoswell
03-15-2020, 12:35 PM
One thing that would be cool is if they did a live streaming show. Pay a bit of money to stream it, include an option for a pre-order for a digital download of the show (which would give the Powers That Be an incentive to actually release it), proceeds from the initial stream could go to help virus-related charities.

chuckrh
03-16-2020, 02:11 AM
One thing that would be cool is if they did a live streaming show. Pay a bit of money to stream it, include an option for a pre-order for a digital download of the show (which would give the Powers That Be an incentive to actually release it), proceeds from the initial stream could go to help virus-related charities.

would be cool but you would still have a fair sized crew to make it happen which is sort of counter intuitive. maybe best is for trent & the others to stay home with their families. trent has to have a pretty much full blown studio if he wants to release any music.

BRoswell
03-16-2020, 08:56 AM
would be cool but you would still have a fair sized crew to make it happen which is sort of counter intuitive.

I was thinking further down the road when restrictions might not be so tight. Either that, or maybe a Still-style show with minimum crew/production.

thefragile_jake
03-16-2020, 08:23 PM
I'm gonna second what a lot of people have said and would rather them sit 2020 out and perhaps focus any "free time" they have on working on the next album. Maybe put out another 14-15 track full length again and tour behind that sucker into next year's spring/summer?

Sarah K
03-16-2020, 10:06 PM
Stream the Tension BluRay.

eachpassingphase
03-17-2020, 12:01 PM
Shit, at this point I would be THRILLED if my favorite artists just piddled around solo on their instruments via YouTube livestream/Facebook live/Instagram stories while we (and presumably the artists themselves) are stuck at home. It would feel very old-time radio broadcast meets modern-plague-hellscape for Trent (or any musician) to just prop their iphone up in front of their piano or guitar and play whatever they like for a bit.

shagg_187
03-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Give me that "The Four of Us are Dying" livestreaming tour.

tricil
03-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Shit, at this point I would be THRILLED if my favorite artists just piddled around solo on their instruments via YouTube livestream/Facebook live/Instagram stories while we (and presumably the artists themselves) are stuck at home. It would feel very old-time radio broadcast meets modern-plague-hellscape for Trent (or any musician) to just prop their iphone up in front of their piano or guitar and play whatever they like for a bit.

It would be like watching the March of the Pigs video for two hours.

OK, I’m in.

snichols
03-18-2020, 05:53 PM
NINLIVE making isolation great again https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=805923626564920&ref=watch_permalink

thefragile_jake
03-29-2020, 01:03 PM
When Nine Inch Nails do eventually return, do we forsee the shows being in a similar style as Cold and Black and Infinite? Trent mentioned bowing out of the "arms-race" of concert technology and I can't really seem them being going back into that world. I wonder if the Tension tour, as proud of it as he may have been, kind of burned him out for that kind of environment? Personally, I'm much more in to spontaneity and variety in setlist night to night vs. a rigid, visual spectacle.

xmpx_
03-29-2020, 06:06 PM
When Nine Inch Nails do eventually return, do we forsee the shows being in a similar style as Cold and Black and Infinite? Trent mentioned bowing out of the "arms-race" of concert technology and I can't really seem them being going back into that world. I wonder if the Tension tour, as proud of it as he may have been, kind of burned him out for that kind of environment? Personally, I'm much more in to spontaneity and variety in setlist night to night vs. a rigid, visual spectacle.
Well, whatever he chooses, it will be ahead of the curve. And people will most likely copy it.

sick among the pure
03-30-2020, 10:22 AM
I've seen amazing visuals and interactive shit, and I've seen setlists that change nightly and exciting energy. Cold and Black and Infinite was better than LITS/Tension, imo, because there was no performance rigidity. Don't get me wrong, that shit was AMAZING and an experience to remember forever. I will never say a bad thing about those shows, even when I went to two in the same market and it was the exact same setlist minus one song being omitted. But having the band set back another X ft from the stage, the interaction was with the visuals more than the audience, I much prefer the stripped down visuals.
But I also prefer minimalist visual art in general, which I think contrasts amazingly to the complex layers of sound in his music.

I mean, no matter what the next tour looks like, I'll be at as many shows as I can afford because it's always an amazing experience.

thefragile_jake
03-30-2020, 11:29 AM
I mean, no matter what the next tour looks like, I'll be at as many shows as I can afford because it's always an amazing experience.

Same. Since 2005, I've been able to go to every virtually major US tour that NIN hosted within a given era (With Teeth Fall Tour, Lights in the Sky, "NIN|JA", Tension, Cold and Black and Infinite), but one thing I've always been unable to do was to check out more than one show per tour. With everything going on current events wise, them possibly rescheduling shows to 2021 would allow me to have a more flexible schedule and possible income I could put towards at least more than one show.

elevenism
03-30-2020, 12:19 PM
it COULD be cool if random setlists become their "thing," you know?

But, sweet mother of god, i want another LITS.

Krazy
03-30-2020, 01:01 PM
He should fuck with everyone: arena tour, dumbed down production, and a static greatest hits setlist. Get a washed up nu metal band from the 2000s as the opener.

Heh.

But yeah, I’d love to see something as nutty as LITS again if it’s possible. Not the “same” mind you, since we got that with Tension. Just doing something bat shit crazy that no ones done before. I’d be more than happy with another round of CABAI however.

sonic_discord
03-30-2020, 02:46 PM
I still like my idea from the Cold and Black and Infinite thread (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5180-COLD-and-BLACK-and-INFINITE-The-Fall-2018-NIN-Tour-SPOILERS-THREAD?p=482050#post482050):

I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the portion of the show that's always unpredictable and varies from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).

Hyperpower
04-19-2020, 12:05 AM
I don't know how popular/unpopular this opinion might be but whenever the band tours again, Capital G would cool to see played live. People may pass it off as one of those tracks that are just there in the discography, but it does have a powerful message and perhaps needs to be heard, especially live.

sonic_discord
04-19-2020, 01:49 AM
I'd like to see Various Methods of Escape or Satellite make a comeback. I'd also love to see My Violent Heart and The Idea of You make their debut.

bobbie solo
04-20-2020, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see Various Methods of Escape or Satellite make a comeback. I'd also love to see My Violent Heart and The Idea of You make their debut.

3 outta 4 ain't bad.

sonic_discord
04-20-2020, 01:52 AM
3 outta 4 ain't bad.

I'm guessing Satellite is the odd one out. How about having All Time Low, Ruiner, or I Do Not Want This make a comeback?

bobbie solo
04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
I'm guessing Satellite is the odd one out. How about having All Time Low, Ruiner, or I Do Not Want This make a comeback?

Correct. Satellite & Running are pretty bad songs. There's of course aspects of each that are good, but do you REALLY want to hear either one live over dozens & dozens of other way more interesting NIN nuggets?

How many times do I have to listen to the two new Ghosts records to guarantee All Time Low, Ruiner or I Do Not Want This?

BRoswell
04-28-2020, 09:06 PM
Still waiting on the sexy/explosive version of Ringfinger that I keep praying for even though I know we'll never get it.

TheBang
05-19-2020, 03:48 PM
I moved all discussion to one thread: