PDA

View Full Version : Soul (2020)

Pages : [1] 2

Soma
08-24-2019, 01:58 PM
Trent & Atticus appear to have composed for an upcoming Disney Pixar film, entitled Soul.
Starring Jamie Foxx & Tina Fey, it is being described as a “journey from the streets of New York City to the cosmic realms to discover the answers to life’s most important questions.”

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/08/24/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-to-score-pixars-soul/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_(2020_film)

Toadflax
08-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Yup! Just saw this. Pretty cool. God break out the sax!

m0reta
08-24-2019, 03:35 PM
I legit screamed in excitment that they're gonna work w/ pixar. On this aweful of days for me, such a wonderful note.

HurtinMinorKey
08-25-2019, 06:26 PM
More music announced. And, yep..it's another score.
https://www.nme.com/news/film/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-score-new-pixar-film-soul-2541752

So I write music for soundtracks now
I write music for soundtracks now
(That's what I wanted to do anyhow)

-GBV

I get why, I just wish he didn't churn them out like a factory. Last few haven't really been that memorable.

BRoswell
08-25-2019, 06:45 PM
I get why, I just wish he didn't churn them out like a factory.

That's...what film composers do. They do a few projects a year.

Frankly, I like seeing them take on different work and challenge themselves. Their score for mid90s, while very minimalist, was an interesting change of pace for them. I also like that they're not just taking anything that's handed to them, but that they're choosing to work with interesting people and organizations. It seems like most of their collaborations have been good (Patriots Day aside), so I can see why they've continued to do scores. When you're good at something and you're in demand, that's not exactly a terrible place to be.

BRoswell
08-25-2019, 11:38 PM
:( God money Ill do anything for you

I love that, whenever they do another score, someone accuses them of selling out or not caring about Nine Inch Nails anymore, as if they haven't done music for major productions or been on huge record labels before. It's hilarious.

GibbonBlack
08-25-2019, 11:39 PM
pffffft, Pixar are amazing (most of the time), Trent and Atticus are amazing (most of the time).

This is pretty cool news :D

bobbie solo
08-26-2019, 01:40 AM
I don't think their stuff is gonna be the jazzy side of the movie. They will prolly be scoring the "cosmic realms" parts, and the jazz will be made by actual jazz musicians.

Tom
08-26-2019, 01:58 AM
Pretty cool news indeed - don't understand why anyone here would not be delighted by it.

pcpunk
08-26-2019, 02:45 AM
As a dad who plays music from kids movies for my five year old, I’m looking forward to this.

ninjaw
08-26-2019, 03:17 AM

nihilmatters
08-26-2019, 03:43 AM
Soul...musician falls into sewer and fights to reclaim his soul.

That’s NIN material right there!

I hope Trent is dusting off his saxophone...

wizfan
08-26-2019, 04:14 AM
I don't think their stuff is gonna be the jazzy side of the movie. They will prolly be scoring the "cosmic realms" parts, and the jazz will be made by actual jazz musicians.

Thank God Trent has Mike Garson on speed dial.

fillow
08-26-2019, 07:23 AM
Ugh
https://i.imgur.com/A19IgO3.png

cdm
08-26-2019, 08:05 AM
I dont like cartoon movies, and I dislike most of CG cartoon movies.

You don't even have to watch the movie to enjoy the music. I haven't watched the past however many movies they've scored...you can still listen.

I'm looking forward to this because it's so off the wall. I can't even begin to imagine what a TR/AR score for a Pixar movie will sound like.

cdm
08-26-2019, 08:10 AM
Sorry if I am not one of those fans who thinks TR can do no wrong.

But you don't know anything about it yet, other than it's Disney / Pixar and a small blurb about the plot. So you're basing this off some predetermined notion of what this is or isn't based on it being a cartoon. Sure, it might end up being an average score but it also might win them another Oscar. How about you wait it's you actually hear something instead of writing it off as a cash grab? Not that your opinion or my opinion mean anything.

sweeterthan
08-26-2019, 08:18 AM
Soul...musician falls into sewer and fights to reclaim his soul.

That’s NIN material right there!

I mean, it kinda sounds like the pinion video, no?

buckaroo
08-26-2019, 08:59 AM
How about you wait it's you actually hear something instead of writing it off as a cash grab.

I always find the sell-out argument odd in most cases. Honestly, isn't everything they do a "cash grab?" I mean they work to get paid and why wouldn't they take on projects that pay them more than others or give them better marketing in their career(s)? People act like Nine Inch Nails was some underground art rock band that made avant-garde noise. This band literally made their career by taking a style of music that wasn't meant for pop structures and making it pop music. That is not a dis towards the band. They are my favorite band and make amazing music, but I don't understand this strange obsession with them selling out. I think that ship sailed long ago.

Also, I don't see any issue with Disney/Pixar... I would take Coco over The Social Network, Gone Girl, Patriots Day... any day. A good movie is a good movie regardless of who paid for it to be made.

implanted_microchip
08-26-2019, 09:22 AM
I'm more interested in this than any of the scores since Gone Girl. A lot of people criticize the past several scores as sounding too similar and I think this is a project that will naturally make them create material that should contrast a lot with the other scores. Every time Trent works outside of his comfort zone we tend to get something totally special and unique and this feels like a perfect breeding ground for that kind of material.

BRoswell
08-26-2019, 09:57 AM
Sorry if I am not one of those fans who thinks TR can do no wrong.

Who said that was the case? I just find it amusing whenever people throw around the "selling out" accusation. Nine Inch Nails have played massive arenas sponsored by corporations, had music in major films and TV shows for decades, and have been on a major label at one time or another for most of its lifespan. The idea that Trent and Atticus are crossing a line by helping to score a Pixar film is absurd.

And if you're not happy about it, don't listen to the music and don't go see the film. Simple, no?

botley
08-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Personally, I plan not to see the film; as long as Disney executives continue buddying with/fundraising for the Trump administration (https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va) and enforcing "apolitical" stances in their work (https://boingboing.net/2019/08/16/everything-is-political.html), I'm not buying any of their products or supporting their product with my dollars. But I'm stoked TR & AR continue to work with cool directors and musicians (respect to Jon Batiste), the film could well turn out to be great. Artists don't deserve to be shamed for taking work because of their employers' bad corporate policies, those are ubiquitous at the level of work they're doing.

We had a robust discussion about this (minus the usual shit-disturbers) when TR and Rob Sheridan went to work for Apple Music... I hope it doesn't get dragged to the clickbait "FAN OUTRAGE" like that YouTube header above seems to be stirring up. Hopefully, NIN is donating their income from the 'sell-out' Marvel & Pixar collaborations (both divisions of Disney) to help organize and fight against the awful policies that these monstrous mega-corporations are buying from the American government.

That's just my two cents, looking forward to hearing the music.

HurtinMinorKey
08-26-2019, 11:06 AM
I always find the sell-out argument odd in most cases. Honestly, isn't everything they do a "cash grab?" I mean they work to get paid and why wouldn't they take on projects that pay them more than others or give them better marketing in their career(s)? People act like Nine Inch Nails was some underground art rock band that made avant-garde noise. This band literally made their career by taking a style of music that wasn't meant for pop structures and making it pop music. That is not a dis towards the band. They are my favorite band and make amazing music, but I don't understand this strange obsession with them selling out. I think that ship sailed long ago.

Also, I don't see any issue with Disney/Pixar... I would take Coco over The Social Network, Gone Girl, Patriots Day... any day. A good movie is a good movie regardless of who paid for it to be made.

There is a difference to me between specifically working with another artist because you want to achieve something great: e.g., the obvious synergies in the relationship with Fincher seemed to validate the choice without question.

It's another thing entirely to become part of a mega-corporation movie factory machine. It's just a little too convenient for my tastes. I guess the point is, while the line between art and commerce is always going to be fuzzy, this gig seems to be clearly in the realm of commerce.

paul_guyet
08-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Personally, I plan not to see the film; as long as Disney executives continue buddying with/fundraising for the Trump administration (https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va) and enforcing "apolitical" stances in their work (https://boingboing.net/2019/08/16/everything-is-political.html), I'm not buying any of their products or supporting their product with my dollars. But I'm stoked TR & AR continue to work with cool directors and musicians (respect to Jon Batiste), the film could well turn out to be great. Artists don't deserve to be shamed for taking work because of their employers' bad corporate policies, those are ubiquitous at the level of work they're doing.

We had a robust discussion about this (minus the usual shit-disturbers) when TR and Rob Sheridan went to work for Apple Music... I hope it doesn't get dragged to the clickbait "FAN OUTRAGE" like that YouTube header above seems to be stirring up. Hopefully, NIN is donating their income from the 'sell-out' Marvel & Pixar collaborations (both divisions of Disney) to help organize and fight against the awful policies that these monstrous mega-corporations are buying from the American government.

That's just my two cents, looking forward to hearing the music.This seems legitimately strange to me. Reznor has been pretty vocal about hating the current president and now he's signed up to work for a company that's fine supporting him.

I also think it's a little strange that two white dudes are scoring a movie about jazz, called Soul...unless they are just doing the more cosmic stuff.

But hey, new music from TR and AR is new music from TR and AR.

botley
08-26-2019, 11:27 AM
I also think it's a little strange that two white dudes are scoring a movie about jazz, called Soul...unless they are just doing the more cosmic stuff.
I mentioned Jon Batiste because he's writing/putting together the jazz parts of the soundtrack (https://www.thewrap.com/soul-jamie-foxx-and-tina-fey-star-in-pixars-most-existential-adventure-yet/); presumably, TR & AR are just contributing to the background score. But who knows, maybe TR will play dat sax after all!

Yeah, there is way more than just one film production company in Hollywood that's "fine [with] supporting" Trump; it's part of the rigged game of American politics. Again, I don't begrudge the artists for making their money in any way; I just don't personally feel comfortable buying a ticket in this case.

snaapz
08-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Danny Elfman will be out of work soon, thanks to TR/AR!

I am eager to see this movie, I have a 3 and 5 yr old who will likely enjoy it too. I'm interested to see where on the 'creepy scale' these tracks will land; 1 being 'Mid 90s' and 10 being 'Birdbox'.

sonic_discord
08-26-2019, 01:57 PM
I dont like cartoon movies, and I dislike most of CG cartoon movies. It feels really weird, but hey I got a kid, so I understand, I may have to be forced to watch those or pffffff go to eurodisney.

This isn't going to be just some "cartoon movie," it's Pixar, the undisputed gold standard for modern animated movies.

Haysey_Draws
08-27-2019, 03:49 AM
It's pretty awesome to see how they are stretching out with the projects they're doing (thrillers, horrors, coming of age and now a kids film)

Also if your not going to give a film a chance just because a film is animated or CG...i have nothing to say to you, ever.

fillow
08-27-2019, 03:59 AM
Also if your not going to give a film a chance just because a film is animated or CG...i have nothing to say to you, ever.
I second this.
Watch Metropia, Renaissanse or Waltz with Bashir and tell me they are silly cartoons. (Not even gonna get into dozens of Japanese and Korean movies here).

nmitchell86
08-28-2019, 09:56 AM
I like that they are doing a Disney/ Pixar cartoon. To me they are trying everything, Started with Ghosts which is like a resume for, "we can do some sound scapes and haunting moody stuff, it's be great with film." Didn't they have a internet film contest with Ghosts? That lead to all the Fincher work and an Oscar which open the door to everything. Documentaries, Netflix, Indie Films, HBO series, an Action film (which I know some of you didn't care for but they proved they can kill it!) They can choose anything they want, and as Artists it's really good to push yourself outside of your boundaries. So, of course now they have to do this Disney project. Who knows what direction this will go and that's okay. What's important is that they are thinking about the music in a different light, different feelings and different way. This will give them so much more in return in regards to composing development. Think about that.

And just in case their is a certain someone lurking to see what the fan base is saying about all this... I'm hoping they take on a space sci-fi film eventually! Something like Alien, 2001 or Event Horizon to give you a feel for the mood, direction and production of the film.

AlanMorlock
08-28-2019, 10:59 PM
There is a difference to me between specifically working with another artist because you want to achieve something great: e.g., the obvious synergies in the relationship with Fincher seemed to validate the choice without question.

It's another thing entirely to become part of a mega-corporation movie factory machine. It's just a little too convenient for my tastes. I guess the point is, while the line between art and commerce is always going to be fuzzy, this gig seems to be clearly in the realm of commerce.

Do you think Fincher's films were made by corporations any less soulless than Disney? Fox and Sony were hardly indie upstarts.

Fincher is a great director one of the best of his generation.

Guess who else is?

Pete Fucking Docter.

They aren't scoring a third Monster's Inc. film, they're scoring a new original film from one of the best creators in Western animation. It also appears to be a story about a musician, a jazz musician at that.

All of that points to Reznor and Ross very likely making something very different than what they've done before while collaborating one something that stands to be pretty damn good.

GibbonBlack
08-28-2019, 11:21 PM
Pete Fucking Docter.

Holy crap. I hadn't read it was Pete Docter directing. He's literally the best Pixar has!

AVirtualMemoryOfficial
08-29-2019, 12:22 AM
Dear World, I can hardly recognize you anymore....

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
08-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Trent promised "big things" in 2019....So far we have a Miley Cyrus shirt, a Woodstock 94 shirt that looks like a Hot Topic bootleg, and a Disney Pixar film score....I swear Trent may have reached Maynard levels of trolling his fanbase in 2019.....

Magnetic
08-29-2019, 03:25 PM
Last I checked there’s still four more months in the year.
I’m not huge on the scores; I like them well enough, but prefer NIN material. But, I am intrigued by the Pixar angle. This is new territory that could be something new and fresh.

fillow
08-29-2019, 04:50 PM
Don't forget Watchmen score. The show airs this fall, so the music will likely be out around the same time.

ninlive
09-02-2019, 09:36 AM
I'm just thinking how many variant's of the TR/AR score there will be on vinyl with Disney at the helm. lmao. #PictureDiscs

paul_guyet
09-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Trent promised "big things" in 2019....So far we have a Miley Cyrus shirt, a Woodstock 94 shirt that looks like a Hot Topic bootleg, and a Disney Pixar film score....I swear Trent may have reached Maynard levels of trolling his fanbase in 2019.....If you're referring to that post on nin.com back in January, he said "lots coming in 2019".

Which...I guess kind of depends on one's definition of "lots". Like...two shirts, two scores, and the announcement of more scores to come COULD be considered "lots". This IS the dude who went six years without releasing a NIN album...

BRoswell
09-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Like...two shirts, two scores, and the announcement of more scores to come COULD be considered "lots".

Remember, it was originally three scores they were going to be coming out with this year, but The Woman In The Window got pushed back to next year.

paul_guyet
09-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Remember, it was originally three scores they were going to be coming out with this year, but The Woman In The Window got pushed back to next year.Right. See, I would consider three film scores a lot. He never said "lots of Nine Inch Nails coming in 2019".

Toadflax
09-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Trent promised "big things" in 2019

Show me the last time Trent actually said he promised something.

HurtinMinorKey
09-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Right. See, I would consider three film scores a lot. He never said "lots of Nine Inch Nails coming in 2019".

But he did make the post on NIN.com. Anyway, if we've been paying attention at all over the past two decades, when TR makes a prediction about something more than ~1 year out, it's about 50-50 if the thing will ever happen and almost a guarantee that it won't happen on the envisioned timeline. I don't hold it against him though, that's like 90% of all artists.

BRoswell
09-26-2019, 11:46 AM
But he did make the post on NIN.com.

Which means nothing. He's been posting about various side projects on there for a long time.

cdm
09-26-2019, 01:21 PM
1. We've all been around here long enough to know you have to let shit happen when it's gonna happen, regardless of vague TR comments.
2. Expectations of when this or that are going to be released usually leads to disappointment.

If you still want to get caught up in the 2019 comment I'd note there are still 3+ months left in the year. And if Dec 31 rolls around and we still have nothing new...refer again to point 1.

cdm
11-07-2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TojlZYqPUo
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TojlZYqPUo)

Apparently Jon Batiste is writing jazz music for this so it's kinda hard to gauge who did the music in this teaser. It's easy to assume none of it is TR/AR but there's really no way to know how far they're going to deviate from their sound for this. I'm probably excited to hear it as much and Trent is to honk on the sax.

Haysey_Draws
11-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Apparently Jon Batiste is writing jazz music for this so it's kinda hard to gauge who did the music in this teaser. It's easy to assume none of it is TR/AR but there's really no way to know how far they're going to deviate from their sound for this. I'm probably excited to hear it as much and Trent is to honk on the sax.

I'm staring to think TR took this gig because he'd get to use LOADS of sax lol.

cdm
11-07-2019, 09:37 AM
I'm staring to think TR took this gig because he'd get to use LOADS of sax lol.

100% agreed. <Homer Simpson Saxamaphone gif>

Jon
11-07-2019, 11:05 AM

It's "Overture" by AJR. Not sure of the version used, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjH6bC5TXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZz1Gxdb_tA

sonic_discord
11-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Maybe this score will be similar to Before the Flood in that they'll be sharing their scoring duties with Jon Batiste and potentially someone else?

Toadflax
11-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Maybe this score will be similar to Before the Flood in that they'll be sharing their scoring duties with Jon Batiste and potentially someone else?

I would love that, but my guess is that this is going to be one of their more hands off projects. With someone else composing theme-appropriate music, I expect TR/AR are more going to be filing in the gaps and adding atmosphere to some of the darker-toned afterlife moments.

I hope I'm wrong, but all I'm expecting 25ish minutes of fairly low profile drones and light piano. That said, anything more will be a very welcome surprise!

StockAvuryah
11-08-2019, 01:20 PM
I would love that, but my guess is that this is going to be one of their more hands off projects. With someone else composing theme-appropriate music, I expect TR/AR are more going to be filing in the gaps and adding atmosphere to some of the darker-toned afterlife moments.

I hope I'm wrong, but all I'm expecting 25ish minutes of fairly low profile drones and light piano. That said, anything more will be a very welcome surprise!

Doesn't feel like something they would do, other than on collaborations like Before The Flood. But then it's a collab.

fillow
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Doesn't feel like something they would do, other than on collaborations like Before The Flood. But then it's a collab.
That's what they kinda did for Mid 90s

StockAvuryah
11-09-2019, 01:13 PM
That's what they kinda did for Mid 90s

Someone composed a score that was used more ? Didn't notice that while watching.

fillow
11-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Someone composed a score that was used more ? Didn't notice that while watching.
No, but they filled the gaps left by the third-party music sources. Their score wasn't a primary one there.

StockAvuryah
11-10-2019, 12:49 PM
No, but they filled the gaps left by the third-party music sources. Their score wasn't a primary one there.

Well then, it's kind of different, they do all the compositions, even it's not the main focus. Each scene needs its own construction.

Findus
11-11-2019, 12:56 AM
Apparently Jon Batiste is writing jazz music for this so it's kinda hard to gauge who did the music in this teaser.

It's "Overture" by AJR. Not sure of the version used, though.
IMDB is crediting Dylan C. Jones as the composer of the trailer music.

Jon
11-11-2019, 11:51 AM
IMDB is crediting Dylan C. Jones as the composer of the trailer music.

21 year old (!) composer and sound designer who already has worked on 17 projects. He is not the composer of the song itself, but evidently constructed the sound collage for the trailer. If you Shazam the track, you get AJR (as of now).

StockAvuryah
11-11-2019, 12:54 PM
https://m.imgur.com/3olrdKM

looks like a before the flood situation

eversonpoe
11-11-2019, 01:51 PM
https://m.imgur.com/3olrdKM

looks like a before the flood situation

from what i can gather, questlove is in the movie, he didn't really do anything for the music other than (potentially) consult.

StockAvuryah
11-13-2019, 10:26 AM
from what i can gather, questlove is in the movie, he didn't really do anything for the music other than (potentially) consult.

I was more thinking of the "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross & Jon Baptiste" thing, but yeah

eversonpoe
11-13-2019, 12:36 PM
I was more thinking of the "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross & Jon Baptiste" thing, but yeah

ah, sorry. i misunderstood. it seems like baptiste will likely be responsible for the jazz portions while TR+AR will be responsible for the other stuff, but i guess we'll all have to wait and see!

onthewall2983
11-13-2019, 01:11 PM
I wonder if they'll work with an orchestra. I can't fathom a Pixar movie with as densely an electronic score as TR/AR are known to do.

ryanmcfly
03-11-2020, 12:29 PM
New trailer tomorrow!

paul_guyet
03-12-2020, 08:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=xOsLIiBStEs&feature=emb_logo

That opening definitely sounds like TR/AR. Really beautiful stuff.

onthewall2983
03-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Foxx is so perfect for Pixar

SM Rollinger
03-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Interesting, I thought this was the film they were doing when I saw the trailer earlier.

Santos L Halper
04-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Release date pushed back to November 20, 2020

WorzelG
05-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Interview with a Awards Daily about various scoring projects
https://www.awardsdaily.com/2020/05/29/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-on-scoring-watchmen-david-fincher-and-their-upcoming-pixar-film/

Soma
06-29-2020, 01:23 PM
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/soul-trailer-pixar-first-black-led-animated-feature-1234570057/

Musician Jon Batiste composed the jazz score for the New York portion, while Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross composed the ethereal score for The Great Before
Would be nice to see them actually collaborate on a track! (I also wish that they had with Mogwai on Before The Flood)

WorzelG
06-30-2020, 01:52 AM
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/soul-trailer-pixar-first-black-led-animated-feature-1234570057/

Would be nice to see them actually collaborate on a track! (I also wish that they had with Mogwai on Before The Flood)
Glad to read a bit more about Jon Batiste’s involvement, it’s like the press are so keen to either go, huh huh the NIN guy does Disney or shout Appropriation they’ve erased the poor guy’s involvement totally

Max
06-30-2020, 03:32 PM
Glad to read a bit more about Jon Batiste’s involvement, it’s like the press are so keen to either go, huh huh the NIN guy does Disney or shout Appropriation they’ve erased the poor guy’s involvement totally
Appropriation is a real thing, and having white artists take on roles that should have been for people of color is a real thing, when so few films center people of color (almost none from Pixar). So "shouting appropriation" is very often not only warranted, but critical for the advancement of people of color.

That said, I am very glad to learn these details about who is taking on what role in the film.

WorzelG
07-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Appropriation is a real thing, and having white artists take on roles that should have been for people of color is a real thing, when so few films center people of color (almost none from Pixar). So "shouting appropriation" is very often not only warranted, but critical for the advancement of people of color.

That said, I am very glad to learn these details about who is taking on what role in the film.
i agree about appropriation, and representation too, both my kids are autistic and I often get very annoyed thinking about how autistic people are presented in the media. I honestly don’t know enough about hiring in Hollywood to know the answers.

I just don’t think this is a good example, I’ve seen people on twitter talk about this and they clearly haven’t done any research to find out about Jon Batiste, effectively erasing his involvement - good job!
this is the most annoying example, the guy doesn’t even admit he’s wrong even when a load of people correct him - yeah you’ve got your Hot Take in mate, now fuck off. One guy even says ‘shit they could have hired Jon Batiste’ and Todd Gilchrist just replies ‘wiseguy’. Um no, a guy who’s done a bit of research!
https://twitter.com/mtgilchrist/status/1192658843844718593?s=20

BRoswell
07-01-2020, 08:00 PM
It sounds like they wanted a juxtaposition of tone and feeling with the music for the film, which I think is totally fair. It definitely doesn't strike me as "let's get the white guys to do the real work!"

neorev
09-16-2020, 09:12 AM
Disney is considering releasing Soul on Disney+

spahn
09-16-2020, 11:47 AM
Disney is considering releasing Soul on Disney+

Variety article: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/black-widow-release-date-delay-soul-disney-plus-1234769426/

Being disputed whether the claim is real or not but where there is smoke, there is fire, so I wouldn't doubt they will just release it there. Not sure how Mulan did with Disney charging $30, but this seems to be the logical course of action other than continue to delay the film.

I want to see when the pre-order pops up on NIN.com so they can take my $$$. :)

laz001
09-19-2020, 03:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=xOsLIiBStEs&feature=emb_logo

That opening definitely sounds like TR/AR. Really beautiful stuff.

Is it me, or does anybody else find Jamie Foxx extremely wooden as an actor? I just can't get into him at all. And whenever he's on a talk show, he seems arrogant, showing off how 'talented' he is all the time.

Probably skip this film TBH, though I'll check the score.

ryanmcfly
10-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Hitting Disney+ on Christmas.

allegate
10-08-2020, 05:25 PM
https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1314329390310776832?s=20

hope the score follows.

scorpiusdiamond
10-09-2020, 08:13 AM
Well that sucks, I was hoping to see this film with my kid in the cinema with equal hype from both of us...

allegate
10-09-2020, 09:56 AM
https://twitter.com/philorphilip/status/1314337597997543424?s=20

especially for one coming out this year, whew.

sonic_discord
10-09-2020, 11:14 AM
Well that sucks, I was hoping to see this film with my kid in the cinema with equal hype from both of us...

Well, now you can cuddle up on the couch in the comfort of your own living room on Christmas day and watch it with your kid. That sounds like it has potential to be special. Maybe even more so than seeing it in the theater?

WorzelG
10-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Nice little article about the music of Soul
https://freshfiction.tv/interview-music-is-at-the-heart-of-pixars-soul/

WorzelG
10-09-2020, 11:55 AM
And another one, they both mention a point where the 2 styles of music collide and how it’s a centre point

https://collider.com/soul-pixar-pete-docter-kemp-powers-dana-murray-interview/

Wulgaren
10-09-2020, 02:25 PM
https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/20200103SoulMusicSession020-scaled.jpg let the memes begin

fillow
10-09-2020, 03:00 PM
https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/20200103SoulMusicSession020-450x300.jpg let the memes begin
the least I could do

https://i.imgur.com/ZRqcVYn.png

WorzelG
10-09-2020, 04:49 PM
the least I could do

https://i.imgur.com/ZRqcVYn.png
It took me ages to work out what was going on there and enlarge the picture!

WorzelG
10-11-2020, 03:26 PM
Apparently Soul has been played at the London Film Institute and is getting great reviews. Why are Disney just putting it on their streaming service where it may well be forgotten about? To be fair I’ll probably sign up for a month of Disney+ to watch it and I might catch the Mandalorian too which I haven’t even seen yet despite being in the Star Wars Fan Club in 1983/4!

otnavuskire
10-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Apparently Soul has been played at the London Film Institute and is getting great reviews. Why are Disney just putting it on their streaming service where it may well be forgotten about? To be fair I’ll probably sign up for a month of Disney+ to watch it and I might catch the Mandalorian too which I haven’t even seen yet despite being in the Star Wars Fan Club in 1983/4!

Why would it get forgotten? And what other option do they have right now? Movie theaters aren't really a thing at the moment. They'll likely put it on the service and charge an extra $30 like they did with Mulan. I'm sure it'll do fine. Parents are always desperate for something new to entertain their children.

eachpassingphase
10-11-2020, 05:58 PM
let the memes begin

He looks like he's about to send them all to bed without their supper.

TheBang
10-11-2020, 07:20 PM
And what other option do they have right now?
They could push it until next year like every other major theatrical release. I'm not sure why they've chosen not to do that.

They'll likely put it on the service and charge an extra $30 like they did with Mulan.
Actually, in the Variety article, they said that Soul will be available to all subscribers at no additional charge. Not a premium add-on like Mulan.

scorpiusdiamond
10-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Well, now you can cuddle up on the couch in the comfort of your own living room on Christmas day and watch it with your kid. That sounds like it has potential to be special. Maybe even more so than seeing it in the theater?

If only life were so idyllic.

Nevertheless I'm glad they've incorporated another musician to do the jazz elements, I'm excited to see their work in another context like this.

cdm
10-12-2020, 10:41 AM
They could push it until next year like every other major theatrical release. I'm not sure why they've chosen not to do that.

I think the former cleared up the latter. Pushing it back would start to interfere / compete with other releases, Pixar and otherwise. And who knows what summer movie season 2021 will look like, even those movies may be pushed back. Pixar has another film scheduled for June, they surely don't want to have their own movies directly competing against each other. Plus, a Christmas release will make it eligible for 2021 awards season.

Wulgaren
10-15-2020, 02:55 AM
speaking of tr&ar (not) doing jazz, i would love a darkjazz soundtrack from them one day...

eversonpoe
10-15-2020, 10:22 AM
speaking of tr&ar (not) doing jazz, i would love a darkjazz soundtrack from them one day...

i would love a TRAR / Bohren & Der Club Of Gore collaboration...oh my god

onthewall2983
10-15-2020, 10:52 PM
I'm off-course here, but "Trent scoring a Disney/Pixar movie that will premiere online" is not something I would have thought of 10 years ago.

Wulgaren
10-16-2020, 08:57 AM
i would love a TRAR / Bohren & Der Club Of Gore collaboration...oh my god

based

eversonpoe
10-16-2020, 03:49 PM
based

i...don't know what that means?

bobbie solo
10-17-2020, 12:58 AM
Agreeable (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Agreeable). Admirable. Worthy of support.

Often used in contexts where the action or opinion ignores popular trends and social conventions or requires special effort.

Used either seriously or tongue-in-cheek (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tongue-in-cheek) to encourage eccentric behavior for comedic effect (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=comedic%20effect).
A: I threw away my TV. I only read books (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=read%20books) now.
B: That's based.

A: I broke all the lamps (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lamps) in my apartment. No more bowing (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bowing) down to big electricity.
B: Based.

Wulgaren
10-17-2020, 03:32 AM
that you are cool basically

eversonpoe
10-19-2020, 04:36 PM
that you are cool basically

https://media1.giphy.com/media/osjgQPWRx3cac/giphy.gif

piggy
10-19-2020, 10:05 PM
I don't know what I like better about that exchange... learning a new contemporary slang term or seeing the bouncy Pusheen...

jhulud
10-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Looks like Bullmoose has pre-orders up for the Soul soundtrack. No word yet on it being a regular LP or picture disc as Disney/Pixar tend to like to do with their vinyl releases.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34839844/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-soul-original-motion-picture-score

3knic
10-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Also up for pre-order at Target for $15.99. Scant on details but same Dec 18th date. Free shipping with a red card

https://www.target.com/p/various-soul-vinyl/-/A-81644128

Jon
10-23-2020, 08:14 PM
sku: Dislp47321
upc: 050087473211

botley
10-23-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm disappointed but not totally surprised that the physical release (and probably the streaming version) will be on Walt Disney Records. UNCLEAN!

WorzelG
10-24-2020, 01:01 AM
Isn’t that Target Soul soundtrack songs from the film as opposed to the score? I can’t open the Bullmoose one, possibly because I’m in the UK. Also I wonder if there will be a separate Jon Batiste jazz songs and TRAR score or if they will be together

Wulgaren
10-24-2020, 01:42 AM
googled the UPC code and it shows this other listing:
https://elusivedisc.com/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-soul-original-motion-picture-score-lp/

which state this is the trent and atticus ost

Wulgaren
10-24-2020, 01:43 AM
cant access the bullmoose link as well though

3knic
10-24-2020, 06:32 AM
Isn’t that Target Soul soundtrack songs from the film as opposed to the score? I can’t open the Bullmoose one, possibly because I’m in the UK. Also I wonder if there will be a separate Jon Batiste jazz songs and TRAR score or if they will be togetherIt has the same UPC as the record on the bull moose and elusivedisc site, so not entirely sure but I presume so. If more details are released and it's a disney sing a long I'm going to cancel it

paul_guyet
10-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Wonder if we're going to get seperate releases for the TRAR music and the Batiste music...

fillow
10-24-2020, 03:48 PM
I think not and I hope not. What's the point?
According to the couple of recent articles, there should be at least one track where they collaborated. Besides, I've never seen scores being split by performer.

botley
10-24-2020, 07:03 PM
According to the couple of recent articles, there should be at least one track where they collaborated. Besides, I've never seen scores being split by performer.
Here's a relevant example of one:

https://www.discogs.com/Trent-Reznor-And-Atticus-Ross-The-Vietnam-War-Original-Score/release/10894528
https://www.discogs.com/The-Silk-Road-Ensemble-Yo-Yo-Ma-The-Vietnam-War/release/11767510

paul_guyet
10-25-2020, 02:17 PM
According to the couple of recent articles, there should be at least one track where they collaborated. Besides, I've never seen scores being split by performer.Like with TVW, I'd hope the point is more TRAR music. Rather than having to cram everything onto one record (presuming the release IS only one LP), and potentially cut material, why not let each artist have their space? Or even their own physical presentation?

fillow
10-25-2020, 03:54 PM
Point taken. But to be fair, Soul is 100min movie, while The Vietnam War is a 17hrs-long series.

botley
10-25-2020, 04:44 PM
Point taken. But to be fair, Soul is 100min movie, while The Vietnam War is a 17hrs-long series.
Sure, with a total of 5CDs worth of soundtrack including the "songs from the era" package! Based on the list price of $20, though, I'd say TR&AR's score for this is just a single LP, and perhaps (?) there will be another separate release for the other music. No idea, and I'm not buying them anyway (no Null number, no sale!)...

Jon
11-01-2020, 11:46 AM
They will be split. Here's Jon Batiste:

https://elusivedisc.com/jon-batiste-music-from-and-inspired-by-soul-lp/

Also, FYE added a link to their site for the TR/AR one:

https://www.fye.com/trent-reznor-atticus-ross---soul-original-score-aec.dsnd003680601.1.html

The Batiste one is DISLP47319, TR/AR is DISLP47321. Wonder what 20 is?

paul_guyet
11-01-2020, 12:51 PM

https://www.fye.com/trent-reznor-atticus-ross---soul-original-score-aec.dsnd003680601.1.html

The Batiste one is DISLP47319, TR/AR is DISLP47321. Wonder what 20 is?Maybe...a combination of the two?

Also: WOO! More TR/AR!

3knic
11-01-2020, 01:15 PM

The Batiste one is DISLP47319, TR/AR is DISLP47321. Wonder what 20 is?One thing to note is elusivedisc has the UPC wrong for the Jon Batiste version.

TR/AR: 050087473211
Jon Batiste: 050087473198

Tom
11-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Pre order up on amazon US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJPR4X2/

There's a listing on Amazon UK also, but not available to pre order yet. But even with shipping it's pretty cheap from Amazon US so I just went with that.

Leprekon666
11-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Amazon.ca currently unavailable

Soul (Original Score) (Vinyl) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KJPR4X2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CeVOFbMZJH0MQ

nmitchell86
11-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Anyone think this will get a null# ?

TheBang
11-06-2020, 08:27 PM
Anyone think this will get a null# ?
Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.

Erneuert
11-07-2020, 01:05 AM
Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.

What was GG’s internal Null number?

TheBang
11-07-2020, 01:26 AM
What was GG’s internal Null number?
Null 03

https://www.nin.wiki/Null_numbers

gorast
11-07-2020, 09:53 AM
This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.

botley
11-07-2020, 04:27 PM
This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.
And 0.5 a few weeks ago.

Leprekon666
11-11-2020, 01:17 AM
Amazon.ca $19.51 up for preorder
Soul Original Score (Vinyl) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KJPR4X2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_G-4QFbR4FY0KS

atomobile
11-11-2020, 02:24 AM
Target in the U.S. currently has the following LPs on sale: All 3 Watchmen LPs, With Teeth, Deviations (under $64), Downward Spiral, Pretty Hate Machine, Bad Witch, Not the Actual Events, Social Network, Soul, and Quake LPs. The prices are already priced as low as you can find, PLUS they are buy 2, get 1 free and free shipping. You are NOT going to find a cheaper deal in the U.S. if you are looking for any of these on vinyl. And I've always received my LPs MINT.

jmtd
11-11-2020, 08:33 AM
That just makes me hella jealous of the rage inducing prices we suffer in the UK.

mesamm99
11-17-2020, 11:44 PM
I received an email today from Disney+ that "Soul" is coming out on December 25. Perhaps this is a sign of something to be announced on the NIN channels soon.

Haysey_Draws
11-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Reviews are coming in and it's getting praised to high heaven, including the music!

WorzelG
11-30-2020, 04:07 PM
On Thursday there will be a Variety virtual discussion about Soul and Mank that can be signed up for for free

https://ev10.perigonlive.com/1-evt48...b097dbc2dc7218 (https://ev10.perigonlive.com/1-evt48525e12ac5045a2b2b097dbc2dc7218)

allegate
12-02-2020, 10:24 PM
Soul: How Nine Inch Nails Scored the New Pixar Movie
(https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/soul-how-nine-inch-nails-scored-pixar-movie/)

paul_guyet
12-02-2020, 11:44 PM
Soul: How Nine Inch Nails Scored the New Pixar Movie
(https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/soul-how-nine-inch-nails-scored-pixar-movie/)I'm more excited for this than Mank, hands down.

WorzelG
12-03-2020, 11:49 AM
Found a listing for Soul that is a CD which includes the score by TRAR plus songs by Jon Batiste - so it is just vinyl where the music is separated? Because from what I read about the film, some of the best bits musically come from the different sounds merging so it seems weird to keep them separate?

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/184815-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-soul-original-score

charleswise
12-03-2020, 12:28 PM
I just got an email about the Soul vinyl, limited to 500 copies, for Disney Visa cardholders if anyone has that Visa card on Disney Music Emporium.

update: in reading the fine print, it may just be limited to 500 copies for Disney Visa cardholders, not in total.

12-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else

WorzelG
12-03-2020, 04:29 PM
Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else
It’s Disney though, I’m sure they can overrule Trents vinyl obsession if anyone can

TheBang
12-03-2020, 04:37 PM
It’s Disney though
I'm sure that's exactly why it's getting a CD release.

nmitchell86
12-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Various Artists - Soul (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Horizons Music (https://www.horizonsmusic.co.uk/products/various-artists-soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack)

This article has a lot of info about the CD...

TheBang
12-04-2020, 06:37 AM
Various Artists - Soul (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Horizons Music (https://www.horizonsmusic.co.uk/products/various-artists-soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack)

This article has a lot of info about the CD...
Relevant information with formatting fixes:

The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.

WorzelG
12-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Relevant information with formatting fixes:

The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.
Getting the CD seems like an absolute no-brainer for me, I just asked Amazon to email when it comes into stock

SchwarzerAbt
12-04-2020, 06:50 AM
I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original-Motion-Picture-Score/dp/B08KJPR4X2

If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.

gorast
12-04-2020, 09:12 AM
I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original-Motion-Picture-Score/dp/B08KJPR4X2

If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.

It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.

cdm
12-04-2020, 09:26 AM
And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

Stands for "For Position Only". gorast is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.

It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.

The art is decent but nothing mind blowing. Someone posted a link to a Disney soundtrack store but the page was removed. The cover was somewhat sparse but tasteful and IIRC a variation of this image is used on the inner gatefold:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/soul_pixar_review_1.jpg

sonic_discord
12-04-2020, 11:28 AM

Stands for "For Position Only". @gorast (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=228) is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.

As a designer, I can confirm. I've slapped "FPO" on more things than I could count. I'm sure the final artwork will be much more interesting.

12-04-2020, 12:55 PM
Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs

TheBang
12-04-2020, 04:02 PM
Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs
It sounds like the CD will contain the complete contents of both the score and the Batiste music (both vinyls), plus a bonus duet song.

3knic
12-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Just got an email from Amazon that the updated delivery date for the Soul vinyl will be ON the release date, December 18th. Not mad at that

atomobile
12-08-2020, 12:09 PM
The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVLP139/jon-batiste-music-from-and-inspired-by-disney-pixar-soul?cp=81712_82104

cdm
12-08-2020, 01:38 PM
The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVLP139/jon-batiste-music-from-and-inspired-by-disney-pixar-soul?cp=81712_82104

If you take the URL of the Batiste artwork and swap the catalog numbers (TR+AR XVLP138 and Batiste is XVLP139) you get the artwork:
Personally I think the contrasting artwork themes of each is quite nice when viewed as a set, each representing their respective...space.

gorast
12-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Much more tasteful than I thought it would be! That's a relief.

SchwarzerAbt
12-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Much more tasteful than I thought it would be! That's a relief.

Yes. I like it better than the Mank artwork.

Mr. Blaileen
12-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Amazon has the vinyl for $15, so I snagged a pre-order there. Excited to hear this.

WorzelG
12-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Yes. I like it better than the Mank artwork.
When I look at the dinner party scene in the Mank artwork, Gary Oldman reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining

jmtd
12-09-2020, 01:56 AM
Amazon has the vinyl for $15, so I snagged a pre-order there. Excited to hear this.

Lol ouch it’s £31 (=$41) here in the uk. Nearly three times the price. We’re getting boned at the moment.

Ascender
12-09-2020, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, have ordered a copy from Amazon UK although its £31 here!

WorzelG
12-09-2020, 06:32 AM
Seeing tweets like this makes me really excited for Soul. The thing is, I really want to watch the film before listening to the music, and its so far away

https://twitter.com/MattGoldberg/status/1334877031729934337?s=20

Santos L Halper
12-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Below is a link to a Target Exclusive clear vinyl for the Soul score.

https://www.target.com/p/soundtrack-soul-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81611874#lnk=sametab (https://www.target.com/p/soundtrack-soul-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81611874#lnk=sametab)

cdm
12-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Below is a link to a Target Exclusive clear vinyl for the Soul score.

Oh hell yeah! Good lookin out! I used some accumulated credits and a random $5 gift card I had in my account = $11.61 shipped. And it's clear vinyl. Now to cancel that Amazon preorder.

Also gives some clues as to the names and amount of music on here:

2. Falling
4. Jump To Earth
7. Portal
9. Lost Soul
xx. ?? To Earth

And that's just the Side A label. Must be short tunes?

Toadflax
12-11-2020, 10:33 AM
The full track listing is on that Target page:

Side A
1. The Great Beyond
2. Falling
3. The Great Before/U Seminar
4. Jump to Earth
5. Terry Time
6. Joe's Life
7. Portal
8. Run/Astral Plane
9. Lost Soul
10. Meditation/Return to Earth
11. Terry Time Too
12. 22 Is Ready

Side B
1. Pursuit/Terry's World
2. Betrayal
3. Lost
4. Epiphany
5. Ship Chase
6. Escape/Inside 22
7. Flashback
8. Earthbound
9. Thank You
10. Enjoy Every Minute
11. Just Us

cdm
12-11-2020, 10:44 AM
The full track listing is on that Target page:

Thanks. It helps to expand the details.

Tom
12-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Hmmf, that clear vinyl looks lovely, but target don't ship internationally. Anybody care to help out fellow fan?

Horican
12-11-2020, 11:18 AM
So at 1LP, this is their shortest score outside of Mid90s, right?

spahn
12-11-2020, 01:02 PM

The Abridged version of BirdBox is 10 and Waves is 14 tracks.

TheBang
12-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Depends on the runtime, but outside of mid90s, some of their shorter score albums have come in at around 65 minutes.

gorast
12-11-2020, 02:31 PM
If it fits on 1 LP, then it would be the second-shortest by runtime. Track number-wise, there are plenty that are shorter (TSN at 19, Before the Flood at 18 (11 for TRAR), Vietnam at 17, WAVES at 14, Patriots Day at 12).

Wonder how many variants there'll end up being, if Disney does Disney things with this score the way they do with others.

WorzelG
12-11-2020, 03:11 PM
People are touting this as Oscar nomination worthy but I wonder if it will fall foul of either having too many composers, too short, or diluted by songs and be ineligible for nomination

cdm
12-11-2020, 06:05 PM
People are touting this as Oscar nomination worthy but I wonder if it will fall foul of either having too many composers, too short, or diluted by songs and be ineligible for nomination

At risk of getting too far ahead of ourselves (ahead of ourselves), here are the official rules and eligibility criteria for Best Score: https://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/93aa_music_rule.pdf

Based on these rules I'm not sure they qualify given the unique split responsibilities between Batiste and TR+AR. Maybe they're trying to circumvent that with the separate releases? Or maybe they can lobby the committee. I dunno.

paul_guyet
12-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Maybe we'll get the LP and then two more hours of music. Because Trent.

Horican
12-12-2020, 07:13 AM
The Abridged version of BirdBox is 10 and Waves is 14 tracks.
Lol I know what you meant but I imagined the shortest version of Bird Box being 10 LPs and laughed because I can see Trent doing that

(but I meant length)

atomobile
12-15-2020, 04:48 PM
The digital Soul Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features 42 score and jazz tracks; the Soul Original Score vinyl album by Reznor and Ross features 23 tracks (Side A 12 tracks / Side B 11 tracks); and Music From and Inspired By Soul vinyl album by Jon Batiste features 22 tracks (Side A 15 tracks / Side B 7 tracks), including Batiste's cover of the Curtis Mayfield classic "It's All Right."

-So there will be vinyl-exclusive tracks, and no sign of a CD release. :(

gorast
12-15-2020, 07:03 PM
I wonder if TRAR will throw up a full digital score on nin.com to make up for that. Feels to me like they have very little control over the presentation of this one, given Disney's involvement.

Horican
12-16-2020, 01:39 AM
The digital Soul Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features 42 score and jazz tracks; the Soul Original Score vinyl album by Reznor and Ross features 23 tracks (Side A 12 tracks / Side B 11 tracks); and Music From and Inspired By Soul vinyl album by Jon Batiste features 22 tracks (Side A 15 tracks / Side B 7 tracks), including Batiste's cover of the Curtis Mayfield classic "It's All Right."

-So there will be vinyl-exclusive tracks, and no sign of a CD release. :(

It’s possible that there are overlapping tracks? We know that there is a part where the score and the jazz combine

atomobile
12-16-2020, 01:49 AM
It’s possible that there are overlapping tracks? We know that there is a part where the score and the jazz combine

I didn't think of that. I hope that's the case! Thanks for giving me hope.

sonic_discord
12-16-2020, 02:08 AM

This was my thought as well. The overlapping section(s) could appear on both releases (TR/AR and Jon Batiste).

Lerxto
12-16-2020, 06:57 AM
Jon Batiste tracklist:
1. Born to Play
2. Born to Play (Reprise)
3. Bigger Than Us
4. Collard Greens and Cornbread Strut
5. Joe's Lowdown Blues
6. 22's Getaway
7. Apex Wedge
8. Let Your Soul Glow
9. Feel Soul Good
10. Looking at Life
11. Fruit of the Vine
12. The Epic Conversationalist/Born to Play
13. Celestial Spaces in Blue
14. Spiritual Connection
15. The Initial Pursuit
16. It’s All Right
17. Space Maker
18. Cristo Redentor
19. Danceland
20. Epistrophy
21. I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart
22. Blue Rondo a la Turk

TR/AR tracklist:
1. The Great Beyond
2. Falling
4. Jump to Earth
5. Terry Time
6. Joe's Life
7. Portal
8. Run/Astral Plane
9. Lost Soul
11. Terry Time Too
12. 22 Is Ready
13. Pursuit/Terry’s World
14. Betrayal
15. Lost
16. Epiphany
17. Ship Chase
18. Escape/Inside 22
19. Flashback
20. Earthbound
21. Thank You
22. Enjoy Every Minute
23. Just Us

No overlaps.

WorzelG
12-16-2020, 07:09 AM
Here's the page for the Soul soundtrack from UK Amazon - if you change the format from vinyl to Audio CD it changes from just TRAR to also Various (Artist) - which does suggest the CD has both the scores. Its so weird, I can't find the option to choose audio CD as a format in the US Amazon store - it can't be a UK only thing? How weird

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Original-Soundtrack-Ost/dp/B08MSNHZ1Q/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

RJK
12-16-2020, 07:17 AM
Here's the page for the Soul soundtrack from UK Amazon - if you change the format from vinyl to Audio CD it changes from just TRAR to also Various (Artist) - which does suggest the CD has both the scores. Its so weird, I can't find the option to choose audio CD as a format in the US Amazon store - it can't be a UK only thing? How weird

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Original-Soundtrack-Ost/dp/B08MSNHZ1Q/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=I know a different band I follow said there last CD was only available in the UK because people over here don't buy CDs. They're on Hollywood Records which is owned by Disney so there could be a correlation.

allegate
12-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Jon Batiste tracklist:
1. Born to Play
2. Born to Play (Reprise)
3. Bigger Than Us
4. Collard Greens and Cornbread Strut
5. Joe's Lowdown Blues
6. 22's Getaway
7. Apex Wedge
8. Let Your Soul Glow
9. Feel Soul Good
10. Looking at Life
11. Fruit of the Vine
12. The Epic Conversationalist/Born to Play
13. Celestial Spaces in Blue
14. Spiritual Connection
15. The Initial Pursuit
16. It’s All Right
17. Space Maker
18. Cristo Redentor
19. Danceland
20. Epistrophy
21. I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart
22. Blue Rondo a la Turk

TR/AR tracklist:
1. The Great Beyond
2. Falling
4. Jump to Earth
5. Terry Time
6. Joe's Life
7. Portal
8. Run/Astral Plane
9. Lost Soul
11. Terry Time Too
12. 22 Is Ready
13. Pursuit/Terry’s World
14. Betrayal
15. Lost
16. Epiphany
17. Ship Chase
18. Escape/Inside 22
19. Flashback
20. Earthbound
21. Thank You
22. Enjoy Every Minute
23. Just Us

No overlaps.
overlap could mean that it's like Zaireeka (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaireeka) and even though the track titles aren't the same - they are different artists, after all - they still play together in the film.

Wulgaren
12-16-2020, 05:00 PM
now we are going to have 2 songs titled falling

sonic_discord
12-16-2020, 05:16 PM

Yeah, but at least one is Trent & Atticus and the other is NIN.

curbes
12-17-2020, 04:55 AM
https://i.ibb.co/hBbjV5r/a.jpg (https://ibb.co/bsTZXhY)
https://i.ibb.co/Fn7Mbjj/b.jpg (https://ibb.co/JCk4RMM)

spahn
12-17-2020, 07:11 AM
If you don't mind, I borrowed your images and added it to the NINCatalog listing: nincatalog.com - soul (US vinyl 12) (https://nincatalog.com/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/soul-us-vinyl12-1721/)

https://i.ibb.co/hBbjV5r/a.jpg (https://ibb.co/bsTZXhY)
https://i.ibb.co/Fn7Mbjj/b.jpg (https://ibb.co/JCk4RMM)

mi470
12-17-2020, 07:52 AM
no clue why the listing is all in French, but none of Trent and Atticus' tracks got cut for the digital version. https://music.apple.com/nz/album/soul-(bande-originale-fran%25C3%25A7aise-du-film)/1543833237

mi470
12-17-2020, 10:48 AM
no clue why the listing is all in French, but none of Trent and Atticus' tracks got cut for the digital version. https://music.apple.com/nz/album/soul-(bande-originale-fran%25C3%25A7aise-du-film)/1543833237
update: here's the version in English. it appears that the last 6 Batiste cuts are not on the digital version, which makes sense in retrospect given that his score includes "Music From and Inspired By", so i take it the last six songs are those inspired by the film. https://music.apple.com/nz/album/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1543828609

armogi
12-17-2020, 02:08 PM
It’s leaked too

paul_guyet
12-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Jesus..."Epiphany" and "Just Us" are some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard from them...

Elrickooo
12-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Jesus..."Epiphany" and "Just Us" are some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard from them...

What does this sound like compared to previous soundtracks? I'm at work so can't listen

cdm
12-17-2020, 03:49 PM
It’s leaked too

LOL I don't even know where the kids get their leaks these days.

Tom
12-17-2020, 03:51 PM
Uh, Soulseek?

Ba Dum Tss

Elrickooo
12-17-2020, 04:26 PM
Uh, Soulseek?

Ba Dum Tss

Oh the soundtrack is out on spotify for me in Australia but in some kind of Spanish format

TheBang
12-17-2020, 04:33 PM
Notice the digital is 67 minutes long, just the right size for a CD issue too.

Lerxto
12-17-2020, 05:17 PM
What does this sound like compared to previous soundtracks? I'm at work so can't listen
Nothing. Epiphany sounds like Brian Eno, and Just Us is a piano piece, but uplifting.

Overall Soul is a lot like The Social Network, but this time Trent is optimistic, it's basically "everything's gonna be alright" version of TSN.
I'll say it's among the best they've ever did, maybe top 3.

_T_B_W_
12-17-2020, 05:38 PM
Nothing. Epiphany sounds like Brian Eno, and Just Us is a piano piece, but uplifting.

Overall Soul is a lot like The Social Network, but this time Trent is optimistic, it's basically "everything's gonna be alright" version of TSN.

So...The Soulcial Network

I'll see myself out

Lerxto
12-17-2020, 06:22 PM
So...The Soulcial Network

I'll see myself out
https://i1.wp.com/finofilipino.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/badum.gif?resize=550%2C320&ssl=1

Elrickooo
12-17-2020, 06:25 PM

I've had a brief listen and the only thing I can really compare it to is Juno, very ethereal and relaxing and as you mentioned plenty of Eno influence in there.

NIN64
12-17-2020, 08:24 PM
LOL I don't even know where the kids get their leaks these days.
For real where do these get posted nowadays?

otnavuskire
12-17-2020, 08:45 PM
https://youtu.be/ohoBlgWi7jM

Short featurette featuring some clips of the music.

cdm
12-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Target presales are shipping. I should have mine Saturday.

Elrickooo
12-17-2020, 10:28 PM
For real where do these get posted nowadays?

It's on Spotify if you scroll down to playlists

richardp
12-17-2020, 10:29 PM
I really expected T+A's score to be in the Jazz realm on this one too, but this is really great as well. It sounds like Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but a Rockabye rendition of the album. Bless whoever convinced Disney to let the guy who created the Broken movie to create a soundtrack for one of their films.

nmitchell86
12-17-2020, 11:55 PM
Target presales are shipping. I should have mine Saturday.

The Target "clear" vinyl?

atomobile
12-18-2020, 12:21 AM
This is on AppleMusic now. Great soundtrack!

snichols
12-18-2020, 12:22 AM
https://www.target.com/p/soundtrack-soul-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81611874#lnk=sametab

Wulgaren
12-18-2020, 12:32 AM
so if something like jump to earth got released, i think purest feeling is ready for an official release

Wulgaren
12-18-2020, 12:37 AM
help all those arps are swallowing me

Wulgaren
12-18-2020, 12:44 AM
i wish we’d get extended versions of all those tracks

allegate
12-18-2020, 12:50 AM
On hdtracks (https://www.hdtracks.com/?trk_msg=OUMG12OHVII4B27973RAS61G5K&trk_contact=LE2I0BRE6UTV98O7BD1NU1K2DS&trk_sid=VKONPPANIOKG52J0R61BNO4QJG&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.hdtracks.com%2f%23%2fal bum%2f5fd911c127cee697e461aa75&utm_campaign=NEW!+McCartney+III+in+24-bit!+Plus+Neil+Young%2c+Daft+Punk%2c+Haley+William s%2c+More!+#/album/5fd7c8c0b3543db6fa7151e2) as well.

Hopefully that works, first time trying to paste an URL on mobile

Coupon code is Dece20HD

Jon
12-18-2020, 01:02 AM
On hdtracks (https://www.hdtracks.com/?trk_msg=OUMG12OHVII4B27973RAS61G5K&trk_contact=LE2I0BRE6UTV98O7BD1NU1K2DS&trk_sid=VKONPPANIOKG52J0R61BNO4QJG&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.hdtracks.com%2f%23%2fal bum%2f5fd911c127cee697e461aa75&utm_campaign=NEW!+McCartney+III+in+24-bit!+Plus+Neil+Young%2c+Daft+Punk%2c+Haley+William s%2c+More!+#/album/5fd7c8c0b3543db6fa7151e2) as well.

Hopefully that works, first time trying to paste an URL on mobile

Coupon code is Dece20HD

Also available on ProStudioMasters (https://www.prostudiomasters.com/#quickview/album/77438) for $17.59 (24/96 FLAC or AIFF)

96 kHz / 24-bit PCM – Walt Disney Records Studio Masters

Tracks 1-4, 10, 17-19, 21-23, 28-32 – contains material which utilizes a limited amount of the available bandwidth
Tracks 5-7, 11-16, 25, 26, 33-35, 38-40 – 44.1 kHz / 24-bit PCM
Tracks 8, 20 – 44.1 kHz / 24-bit PCM, mastered in 96 kHz / 24-bit
Tracks 9, 24, 36, 41 – 48 kHz / 24-bit PCM, mastered in 96 kHz / 24-bit
Tracks 27, 37, 42 – 48 kHz / 24-bit PCM

WorzelG
12-18-2020, 01:21 AM
I found the entire score including the Jon Batiste songs on UK Spotify, 43 songs.
https://open.spotify.com/album/2T2iPpUuKCDyPYDqvirvuP?si=okaPLRP8TPeXM2sdwAAVOg

im really enjoying the whole thing. I’m getting some Jean Michel Jarre vibes too!

caca
12-18-2020, 02:55 AM
A truly beautiful score. I can’t wait to hear it in the context of the film.

“Epiphany” brought me to tears.

I played it like five times in a row.

I lost my dog/absolute best friend of 17.5 years on 11/13/2020, and I’ve cried every single day since.

This track punched a hole right through my heart and got me sobbing, but it also helped me find some peace.

I really, really needed this. My heart is slightly less heavy as I head to bed tonight...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201218/0248f03b27d2b57a719b794e2cde405c.jpg

curbes
12-18-2020, 05:15 AM
does anyone know CD tracklist??

Tom
12-18-2020, 06:54 AM
So... do we think this will be available to buy digitally from nin.com, or TR&AR's bandcamp? Itching to listen to it, but would rather get it direct from the boys.

cdm
12-18-2020, 07:49 AM

Correct.

NIN64
12-18-2020, 08:16 AM
ONE Target within 100 miles of me had the vinyl in stock today. Just happened to be the Target down the road from where I live. Picked it up. Can't wait to give it a spin after work.

Ascender
12-18-2020, 08:23 AM
Am I missing something or has this not been released on Apple Music in the UK yet?

cdm
12-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Am I missing something or has this not been released on Apple Music in the UK yet?

It doesn't seem to be on Apple Music or Spotify in the US either.

spahn
12-18-2020, 09:27 AM

Yep! I got confirmation that I will have it on the 22nd.

My Amazon, regular version, is scheduled to arrive today before 10pm. YAY!

Toadflax
12-18-2020, 09:34 AM
I made a Spotify playlist that's just the TR/AR songs, since that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the Jon Batiste stuff, but I wanted to start here and figured some of you would, too.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/15aGpj6BUtPOA2Eo9Fl0Mi?si=Hye7jLkuTXWjhPzLPTkwfw

tricil
12-18-2020, 09:37 AM
Pro-Tip: add the soundtrack to your library and remove all the non TR/AR songs and it is the same as the vinyl tracklist.

Toadflax
12-18-2020, 09:40 AM
Pro-Tip: add the soundtrack to your library and remove all the non TR/AR songs and it is the same as the vinyl tracklist.

https://www.icegif.com/wp-content/uploads/1599737603_lord-of-the-rings-frodo-baggins.gif

tricil
12-18-2020, 09:43 AM
So... do we think this will be available to buy digitally from nin.com, or TR&AR's bandcamp? Itching to listen to it, but would rather get it direct from the boys.

Neither. Disney is handling the distribution so likely just the “Big online digital stores”

Toadflax
12-18-2020, 09:54 AM
Neither. Disney is handling the distribution so likely just the “Big online digital stores”

Yeah, if there's one company isn't going to let TR/AR distribute music themselves, it's Disney.

atomobile
12-18-2020, 09:55 AM
This has been on Apple Music since yesterday (Thursday). It's weird, but you can't search for it. It's not listed as Soul, it's not listed as Trent Reznor. The way I found it was to search for "Disney Hits" and immediately there is a result for a compilation where you can see the Soul character on the cover. Then look at the compilation and find a Soul track, then click on the Soul album from there. Maybe it will be searchable today?

Reznor2112
12-18-2020, 10:08 AM

Whats the other?

BRoswell
12-18-2020, 10:11 AM
Whats the other?

From the Quake soundtrack.

Wulgaren
12-18-2020, 10:15 AM
https://music.apple.com/pl/album/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1543828609

here’s a link hopefully it works for you guys

cdm
12-18-2020, 10:18 AM
This has been on Apple Music since yesterday (Thursday). It's weird, but you can't search for it. It's not listed as Soul, it's not listed as Trent Reznor. The way I found it was to search for "Disney Hits" and immediately there is a result for a compilation where you can see the Soul character on the cover. Then look at the compilation and find a Soul track, then click on the Soul album from there. Maybe it will be searchable today?

The playlist method doesn't work for me on Spotify. I see the Disney Hits playlist you speak of with the character as the art but when I scroll through there is no Soul tracks included. On Spotify search for "Soul Colonna" and it will come up. No idea why it's so difficult to find.

Edit: and with that NIN tweet at 11:25am it's magically searchable and appears normally

Wulgaren
12-18-2020, 10:25 AM
https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1339969847069851650?s=21

no special bandcamp version

atomobile
12-18-2020, 10:28 AM
I have created a SOUL playlist on AppleMusic that starts with the complete Trent Reznor score, followed by the complete Batiste Jazz tracks, followed by all the songs, including an extra "It's All Right" Duet version that's not on the soundtrack, followed by exclusive songs created for the Spanish, Italian, and French versions of the soundtrack. As far as I know, this is everything out there:

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/soul/pl.u-PDpEtJe7gZD

Ascender
12-18-2020, 10:28 AM

Well done on finding it! I can now get the whole album via that method on Apple Music, thanks!

Scratch that. Can't seem to add it or individual tracks etc. Not sure what's going on.

Toadflax
12-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Really lovely after one listen. In the same way Mank feels like big band but also like Trent & Atticus, this sounds like a solemn, spacy, hopeful Pixar score while also sounding like Trent & Atticus. I've really been impressed over the past year how well they've been able to mold themselves into such different styles for their recent projects. There was a period where the scores were sounding pretty similar to me, and I started to think I wasn't going to be super excited by one again, but now it seems they're knocking every one of these out of the damn park.

Zimbo
12-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Boy howdy, this is the fucking​ ticket!

trollmanen
12-18-2020, 10:59 AM
Does the vinyl have a download code inside? I ordered the Target version, don't want to pay for a download if it already comes with one.

Leprekon666
12-18-2020, 11:12 AM
So does the digital track listing flow better then listening to them separately? Or is this just how Disney put the track listing together?

Haysey_Draws
12-18-2020, 11:23 AM
This is a pretty wonderful listen so far, very VERY much what i needed to hear right now!

Toadflax
12-18-2020, 11:39 AM
So does the digital track listing flow better then listening to them separately? Or is this just how Disney put the track listing together?

I'm listening to the full thing now. It seems to be pretty smartly structured, where you get several JB songs and several TR/AR songs, so it's not constant whiplash of changing styles. It really comes down to what you want to listen to -- if you just want to hear a fairly traditional TR/AR score or just want to hear a jazzy score, then listen separately, but if you want a longer, genre-crossing experience that tells a more complete story, they did a good job of organizing it all to satisfy that.

spahn
12-18-2020, 12:40 PM
And its here! Regular Edition from Amazon
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201218/c7c42ccfec4b66f81a87f58520b9ca4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ascender
12-18-2020, 12:44 PM
All working fine in Apple Music (UK) now, I guess they were waiting for some of the US releases to go-live.

ekrekel
12-18-2020, 12:49 PM
And its here! Regular Edition from Amazon

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

got mine too but holy cow my side 1 is rife with major popping/jarring tone shift issues. Think Eater of Dreams. Had to check the Apple version to make sure it wasn’t part of the track. Doesn’t look that bad, little sleeve rash but man it sounds terrible. Can one of y’all let me know how yours plays, hopefully not a pressing issue.

edit: closer look at the sleeve rash there’s a couple good super fine lines in there that are wrecking shop.

spahn
12-18-2020, 12:52 PM
got mine too but holy cow my side 1 is rife with major popping/jarring tone shift issues. Had to check the Apple version to make sure it wasn’t part of the track.

ugh..i havent opened up mine yet. but maybe a replacement is in order

spahn
12-18-2020, 12:56 PM
also, the Spine had Null 12 on it. pictures to be posted soon on nincatalog's entry for this release.

nincatalog.com - soul (US vinyl 12) (https://nincatalog.com/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/soul-us-vinyl12-1721/)

i also realize that the current photo of that entry is not the US release. Fixed with supporting comments.

Tom
12-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Oh well. I have the record on the way of course. But seemingly the only way one can legitimately get the files is from either Amazon or Apple!? Time to dust off my pirate hat.

tricil
12-18-2020, 01:12 PM
Lossless FLAC’s are up on 7digital. Can get this one in 24/96 (and also Mank in 24/192 hello overkill)

ekrekel
12-18-2020, 01:13 PM
The regular version did not have a DL code

spahn
12-18-2020, 01:57 PM
Detailed photos now available here of the US Release: nincatalog.com - soul (US vinyl 12) (https://nincatalog.com/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/soul-us-vinyl12-1726/)

richardp
12-18-2020, 02:23 PM
My local indie shop somehow got sent a box of the Target exclusive variant, so I scored one of those this morning. Couldn't help but chuckle at how many middle aged former goths were probably running around their cities lookin for a Disney soundtrack today.

TheBang
12-18-2020, 02:30 PM
Here are options for purchasing digital in the US:

24/96 lossless:
Qobuz (https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/soul-various-artists/tuw37t7m9o35a) - $17.99
HD Tracks (https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/5fd7c8c0b3543db6fa7151e2) - $20.98 ($16.78 after 20% coupon "Dece20HD")
ProStudioMasters (https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/77438) - $17.59
7Digital (https://us.7digital.com/artist/various-artists/release/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-14103393) - $18.99

MP3/AAC:
Amazon (https://amzn.to/2LGBXaO) - $11.49
7Digital (https://us.7digital.com/artist/various-artists/release/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-14103393) - $11.99
TIDAL (https://store.tidal.com/us/album/165841935) - $11.99
iTunes (https://music.apple.com/us/album/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1543828609) - $11.99

For international purchases, 7Digital, Amazon, iTunes, and TIDAL have presences in most countries. Qobuz is available in many EU/UK countries.

paul_guyet
12-18-2020, 02:33 PM
Here are options for purchasing digital in the US:

24/96 lossless:
Qobuz (https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/soul-various-artists/tuw37t7m9o35a) - $17.99
HD Tracks (https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/5fd7c8c0b3543db6fa7151e2) - $20.98 ($16.78 after 20% coupon "Dece20HD")
ProStudioMasters (https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/77438) - $17.59
7Digital (https://us.7digital.com/artist/various-artists/release/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-14103393) - $18.99

MP3/AAC:
Amazon (https://amzn.to/2LGBXaO) - $11.49
7Digital (https://us.7digital.com/artist/various-artists/release/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-14103393) - $11.99
TIDAL (https://store.tidal.com/us/album/165841935) - $11.99
iTunes (https://music.apple.com/us/album/soul-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1543828609) - $11.99

For international purchases, 7Digital, Amazon, iTunes, and TIDAL have presences in most countries. Qobuz is available in many EU/UK countries.Thanks for this.

I just bought the FLAC and then converted to mp3.

WorzelG
12-18-2020, 02:41 PM
I don’t understand the logic behind how these projects are tweeted about / promoted, why promote the Soul score from the NIN twitter account when it isn’t NIN and Trents account has twice the followers???