PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Man

GulDukat
08-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Just got back from Rocket Man--really fucking good. I'm a very casual Elton John fan (know some of the big hits), but found his life story to be fascinating. One thing I didn't realize was how horrible his parents were, or just how big he was into drugs.

Even if your just a casual fan or not a fan at all, Rocket Man is highly recommended.

ghostaustin
08-09-2019, 07:29 AM
I saw this a while back an loved it! It gives a certain weight and perspective I've never had before on many of EJ's songs.

elevenism
08-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Oh, well, fuck me. Time to find out if the version I added to Plex is a leak, or a fucking cam. :/
I thought it had been released on DVD or streaming.

Vertigo
08-11-2019, 06:02 AM
I barely know any of Elton John's music, but still thought it was a fantastic film.

Anyone else think Taron Egerton would make a perfect Kurt Cobain, given the right hairstyle?

dlb
08-12-2019, 02:38 AM
I liked this one way better than Bohemian Rhapsody and I think Egerton deserves all the praise he can get. The soundtrack is fantastic and the costumes were spot on. Liked the fantasy elements a lot although I was a little thrown of by the musical approach at first glance.

Boots
08-12-2019, 06:34 AM
I went to see it mostly because of Richard Madden but it was a pretty good film.