PDA

View Full Version : 3teeth

SM Rollinger
06-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Seriously? I searched and no threads for these guys?

https://youtu.be/lYIsZr9L_rM
I'll be seeing them in Lincoln next month!

ManBurning
06-28-2019, 04:17 PM
I've tried so hard to get into these guys. I really want to like them, but I just can't. I don't know what it is. That's a pretty decent cover of that song though.

somewhatdamaged
06-28-2019, 04:33 PM
I discovered this band late last year (thanks to Youtube). I'd been searching a lot of Street Sects and their rare songs and Youtube realized I like industrial music and this band kept popping up on my recommendations. It started with Pit of Fire and then I listened to random other stuff, but the song Nihil was what hooked me into getting their album. I know they came out with a new album very recently, I wasn't too impressed, but to be honest I haven't really spent the time to get a proper listen in. 3TEETH and Shutdown.exe are good albums though, I wish I could have seen them on tour when these albums were released. I'll keep my eye out for when they come to my town.

Krazy
06-28-2019, 06:03 PM
I've tried so hard to get into these guys. I really want to like them, but I just can't. I don't know what it is. That's a pretty decent cover of that song though.

Yeah, I think they’re borderline bad. Saw them a couple times opening up for Tool and the conclusion I came away with was they’re a bad ripoff off KMFDM. And I like KMFDM.

armogi
06-28-2019, 09:53 PM
they didnt blow me away when i saw them opening for tool but the recorded music is enjoyable to my ears.
I'm debating going to their show here in august, same night as the rolling stones tho, and not quite the same price of course...

Space Suicide
06-29-2019, 09:14 AM
I enjoy 3TEETH. I seen them open for HIM during their farewell tour in 2017. Was a good time. They might not be like Wax Trax! Legends of the 90's caliber they aspire but with time they can refine and improve. Industrial bands like this don't exist anymore so I find their leatherclad, dirty look and demeanor appreciated.

SM Rollinger
06-29-2019, 11:03 AM
I enjoy 3TEETH. I seen them open for HIM during their farewell tour in 2017. Was a good time. They might not be like Wax Trax! Legends of the 90's caliber they aspire but with time they can refine and improve. Industrial bands like this don't exist anymore so I find their leatherclad, dirty look and demeanor appreciated.

Agreed, Industrial is basically dead, cannibalized. Every rock band has a keyboard player, pop and rap is infested with weird rhythms, noises, loops and programming. I think we have our boy T-Roz to partially thank for this.

Regardless, its good to see somebody carry the banner. Alot of the stuff on shutdown.ex sounds inspired by Mick Gordon too, which is awesome.

DVYDRNS
06-29-2019, 11:30 AM
this band is so derivative. its everything i hate about "Industrial"

rock, techno music, plugins / presets and distorted vocals. uninspired songs. and being shocking for the sake of being shocking.

these guys are a metal band with a (bland) synthesizer.

and the scene is eating it up.

i guess i don't like industrial music anymore.

bands like Pop 1280, Sextile, Health and Zola Jesus are far more industrial than these guys.

SM Rollinger
06-29-2019, 11:41 AM
I like Health, but I haven't heard any of the other bands, I'll have to check check them out.

As far as the term goes, it was always used to describe a large swath of electronic tinged dark bands, and I think these guys fit that description as well.

renton44
06-29-2019, 01:57 PM
I like these guys a lot but it took a while, I guess they grew on me a bit. They remind me of early KMFDM in some respects. Anyway, bought the limited pressing of the new record (link below).

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4LPCE146/3teeth-metawar-red-smoke-vinyl-lp?cp=null

SM Rollinger
05-04-2023, 12:05 AM
Mick Gordon appears on the new 3TEETH track, this thing is expectedly brutal. Mick worked on their previous song, and the band would be wise to continue this partnership... this is very good.

https://youtu.be/Ty0WY3G-HUw