PDA

View Full Version : Elden Ring

Kodiak33
06-08-2019, 08:47 AM
New FromSoft game that got leaked.

https://www.gameinformer.com/rumor/2019/06/07/rumor-fromsoftwares-collaboration-with-george-rr-martin-titled-elden-ring

https://23-allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/5j15sSQ7

Jinsai
06-08-2019, 09:51 AM
hopefully we'll see something from E3 beyond the logo, but the concept of pairing GRRMartin with From is the greatest sounding thing ever on paper...

And hopefully GRRM will some day finish writing a book again, but I digress...

Kodiak33
06-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Well this is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fy7JLfBlv8

Haysey_Draws
06-10-2019, 02:56 AM
I'm so in!

Kodiak33
06-10-2021, 09:31 PM
https://youtu.be/E3Huy2cdih0

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Enemy designs look fantastic here...looking forward to this for sure. Crazy how Elden Ring will run on the same engine Fromsoftware has been using since the PS3 days like Sekiro and such. Still love the way studios can improve on them over the years and can make quality stuff.

Haysey_Draws
06-11-2021, 04:15 AM
Did does feel bigger in scope then anything they have done so far...i'm totally in. Maybe i'll have a PS5 by then lol

sonic_discord
06-11-2021, 10:07 AM
I bought Dark Souls III last winter (first FromSoftware game I ever played) and poured some SERIOUS time into that game, playing with anywhere between 2 and 7 or 8 other friends on a daily (well, nightly) basis. Winter in Minnesota during COVID quarantine = the perfect time for me and a bunch of my friends to get sucked into a game like that. Needless to say, we are all super pumped about picking this game up and devoting much of this coming winter to playing it online. Only thing that sucks is that PS5 shortages are supposed to continue "well into 2022," meaning that we'll have to play this awesome new game on our PS4s with graphics that are less impressive than what's shown in the amazing reveal trailer posted above. I'm still excited, but I really wish there weren't so many fucking greedy asshole scalpers using bots to scoop up all of the PS5s to dump onto eBay at excessive markups.

Rdm
06-14-2021, 06:15 AM
I don’t think I could be this excited for a game. I hope the game isn’t as challenging as sekiro because the game got kind of annoying even though I love it’s just so insufferable to play a boss for a week. The music kind of had a Gwen sound to it, and smou looks like he will be in the game with artorias ;)

Jinsai
06-14-2021, 08:21 AM
Sekiro was difficult to the point where it got more stressful than fun. Some end game challenges felt sadistic. But yeah, I’m beyond excited for Elden Ring

Kodiak33
06-14-2021, 11:14 AM
https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-interview-largest-open-world-map-summer-of-gaming

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-14-2021, 11:17 AM
https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-interview-largest-open-world-map-summer-of-gaming

You beat me to it lol.

Kodiak33
06-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Sekiro was difficult to the point where it got more stressful than fun. Some end game challenges felt sadistic. But yeah, I’m beyond excited for Elden Ring

Agreed. I thought about replaying it, but I remembered all of the parts that I absolutely hated playing through and ruled against it.

Haysey_Draws
10-18-2021, 09:28 AM
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1450100145689927683

Not the end of the world...but still hurts.

october_midnight
10-18-2021, 09:38 AM
To perhaps soften the blow though, registration for the first closed network test next month is now up too haha.

Haysey_Draws
10-20-2021, 09:48 AM
I registered but i'm not holding out i'll get a code.

october_midnight
11-04-2021, 09:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-zJ3bAg08

edit: new 15 min gameplay reveal...just click through to watch on YouTube...

Kodiak33
11-04-2021, 10:45 AM
I love Fromsoft games, but holy cow do they reuse assets all of the time.

Haysey_Draws
11-11-2021, 04:11 AM
From what i can gather in the beta from people that have had a chance to play...this might just be the best FromSoft have done, seem's to incorporate everything from the 3 Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekrio. Some of the builds in this will be nuts!

Kodiak33
12-10-2021, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxwdq9G8DCo

Kodiak33
01-29-2022, 07:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GZdBPXuLR4

Kodiak33
01-29-2022, 07:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cTNvgo5Cs

Jinsai
01-29-2022, 09:44 AM
I love Fromsoft games, but holy cow do they reuse assets all of the time.

I like to think of it as a motif ;)

Either way, whatever gets Elden Ring out on a schedule. I will definitely take a bunch of reused assets if it cuts the dev time in half.

Also, just to say, this is looking amazing. I have to finish FF7R and FF14 Endwalker asap, and I don't see myself making the time. All I know is I plan to boot Elden Ring up the second the download is complete, and I intend to dive in until I need to sleep.

Kodiak33
02-22-2022, 09:01 PM
https://youtu.be/qqiC88f9ogU

https://youtu.be/1WWpV6ghZWg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-23-2022, 09:58 AM
Reviews are in, and it is slaying.

october_midnight
02-23-2022, 10:14 AM
Was sorta hoping it was just 7/10 type stuff tbh haha. I don't have the time to devote to this but it's gonna kill me to not play it day one. Fuck.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-23-2022, 12:02 PM
Hahaa, yea the reviews are certainly not helping. With Horizon coming out, along with Sifu and countless others, I'll have to put some devotion into one game for the time being. Elden Ring seems to be at the top of the list so far.

Jinsai
02-23-2022, 01:43 PM
yeah... this is gonna be one of the best games ever made. Currently sitting at 97% on Metacritic.

allegate
02-24-2022, 09:16 AM
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1496847396445241351

I'm getting real close to buying this for the PC. If it wasn't for the slight bit of Souls difficulty that I keep reading about I would be a lock. My wife is replaying Skyrim on the switch and I feel like this would be a good step up from that.

october_midnight
02-24-2022, 09:24 AM
Fuck it it's only $90, preordered and preloaded lmao.

Mr. Blaileen
02-24-2022, 11:46 AM
I'm a full time employee and full time student, really trying to be patient and wait until I'm done with school in May to get this...

The stellar reviews are making it difficult, lol.

Kodiak33
02-25-2022, 11:30 AM
I started this last night, and I'm definitely getting some major stuttering with certain parts (PC). It's DX12 shader caching.

Game is definitely a natural evolution of Souls games...with actual jumping!

Jinsai
02-25-2022, 12:57 PM
Game is definitely a natural evolution of Souls games...with actual jumping!

Love the fact that you can actually jump in this one.... though the new tweaks to the combat have also made me a little frustrated. I can't rely on my ability to play the previous games though, because that's lame. So far I'm only at the "first major boss," but I'm loving it

sonic_discord
02-25-2022, 06:05 PM
I stayed up way too late last night playing it, but so far it's great. I love the addition of stealth things like being able to crouch and hide in grass to sneak up on enemies. Going to be playing tonight with like 5 or 6 friends, can't wait!

Space Suicide
02-26-2022, 07:15 PM
Killed Margit. Fuck him.

Already clocked 5 hrs and 40 minutes.

Shame the Xbox versions of the game are broken trash for online network services.

sonic_discord
02-28-2022, 12:23 PM
Elden Ring is amazing and beautiful. It has completely lived up to the insane amount of hype that it had built up around it. I can't stop playing.

october_midnight
02-28-2022, 08:20 PM
Level 57 and somehow still feel under leveled for practically all bosses lol. Margit was an easy kill but some of the later bosses whoopin my ass.

allegate
03-01-2022, 01:07 AM
I am excited to get my Steam Deck and then playing this game on it. I think I’m in group ZZ though so it’ll be a few months.

Kodiak33
03-01-2022, 07:43 AM
Level 57 and somehow still feel under leveled for practically all bosses lol. Margit was an easy kill but some of the later bosses whoopin my ass.

Same, I just need better equipment apparently. I think I'm around 42. This game is absolutely massive, I have no idea when I'm going to finish this.

october_midnight
03-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Same, I just need better equipment apparently. I think I'm around 42. This game is absolutely massive, I have no idea when I'm going to finish this.

Oh, I've come to terms with the fact that I never will. The new Borderlands drops on Mar 25 and I'll be playing that like a maniac along with Cyberpunk and DBD. Games like this I always just hop back in for an hour whenever I get the time to just dick around, find gear, etc. But finishing the campaign is just something I've made peace with never doing lol.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-03-2022, 06:07 PM
Finally had the time to jump into this last night, and what a ride this game is. I've only completed Demons Souls as far as Fromsoftware games go, and only played about a 1/4 of Bloodborne, but this seems to be the more accessible game for me so far.

I love how free everything feels, how the wildlife moves, the weather conditions in certain areas, finding a random graveyard in the corner of the map with the dead scaring the crap out of me; the hits from the enemies and yourself have so much weight behind them, it feels great to get a perfect parry with a counter move. Some people have been complaining about the visuals, but besides some screen tearing here and there, and a tiny bit of stuttering (Playing on PS5), it hasn't really left a lasting aftereffect towards it.

Wretchedest
03-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Oooh boy I'm a lot farther than some people here, I definitely have no life. 9 generally also have a lot of experience with these games so haven't found a ton of resistance until recently. Godrick and Margit were easy for me. But the twin abductors and renalla took me a few hours. Now I'm putting in a serious level grind to use the renalla loot

october_midnight
03-04-2022, 09:16 AM
Yeah Godrick and Margit were easy enough since there's like 9 ways to cheese them. I'm also only able to play for like 45 min chunks at a time after the family's asleep lol. Currently at the Academy of Raya Lucaria or whatever it's called...pretty cool vibe in there.

Jinsai
03-04-2022, 10:59 AM
these games always have a ton of content to explore, but if you're going for the just the main content, if you can "git gud" you can rock through it in an afternoon. I don't know if that's the case with this one, but there's some impressive speed runs of every other Souls game.

Kodiak33
03-04-2022, 12:48 PM
these games always have a ton of content to explore, but if you're going for the just the main content, if you can "git gud" you can rock through it in an afternoon. I don't know if that's the case with this one, but there's some impressive speed runs of every other Souls game.

Wife was gone last weekend so I got some heavy hours in...not so much this week! I probably have 18 hrs in now, I need to get to the Academy. Any suggestions on heavier armor?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-04-2022, 08:45 PM
Hahaa, I needed a good laugh today

https://twitter.com/josesaezmerino/status/1499675307523162116?t=Xa-BxJ3KVO-Qdl3Oi6aXcA&s=19

october_midnight
03-06-2022, 11:37 AM
Finished the Academy and Ainsel River boss which was a pig to beat. Only took a few tries and having a +12 twinblade and 800 HP helped.

Wretchedest
03-07-2022, 01:06 AM
To dive into some detail about how Elden Ring exceeds it's hype, now that I've sunk in too many hours, over leveled my character and idk maybe completed optimistically about 60% of everything in the game:

The "Breath of the Wild" meets "Dark Souls" analogy people levy at the game is pretty accurate, but I'd go as far as to say that it lacks a lot of the weaknesses of "Breath of the Wild," the controversial weapon durability system, the "carnival booth" nature of that game" and "Elden Ring" manages to be much more dense than breath of the wild. This map is just absolutely littered with stuff to do. Simply setting a goal of going from point A to B, you will encounter significant resistance, and probably get side tracked several times over.

I'm very impressed by the intricacy of many of the dungeons in this game. These are staggeringly detailed sprawling levels that are quite easy to get lost in and lose track of. I was worried going in that From's famous level design skills would be contested in a more open ended game, but here they are at their peak, but this time, over and over and over again.

The free form nature of the game is enriched by the many approaches the player can take to the game. Yes this is much like Skyrim, but here I think the power fantasy has a higher ceiling than in Skyrim. Also loving the armor designs and character designs and the broader uniqueness of the lore here. And unlike so many of Elden Ring's contemporaries it isn't jammed down the players throat. Dialogue remains minimal, cutscenes are rare and brief. I was somewhat concerned that as a fantasy game, given an open world, Dark Souls might lose it's visual identity, but Elden Ring has many colorful and interesting ideas that give it its own identity.

Loving a lot of the questlines in this. I typically ignore them in souls games, but they are very rich, here.

I'm not even sure how close I am to completion. This is a big, busy game. I'm running a sorcerer right now at like level 120 and she looks and feels so bad ass to play.

Kodiak33
03-07-2022, 06:40 AM
I'm at level 62 with about 18 hours in I think. I have a warrior with a +11 Uchigatana, it seems like the heavier weapons that I usually use for Souls games don't stagger enough to make it worth it this time. Headed to finish Caelid now I suppose after finding the first two Eldin Runes.

I agree with your comments above, it has the same sense of discovery like Skyrim had for me. I'm also glad they took out durability entirely, and it really pissed me off in BOTW.

Kodiak33
03-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Pause button trick...LOL

https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/status/1501218111235796997?s=20&t=4ZqAuxfAElsyUZIchkPSeQ

Rdm
03-11-2022, 01:12 PM
Love the game but it only took my 35 hours of playing it to finally find the key to get into the academy……… I went everywhere looking for this key only to find out there was a hint to where to find it in an item I picked up. I should of known better but it’s very hard to read everything in these games because you get so many things you have no idea what they are for. I’m playing a blind run so I have literally no idea what half of what I have is. I know all the old stuff from the other Fromsoft games like the talisman being the rings ex ex and the craftable items I figured out 15 hours in the game….also why did it take me 30 plus times to beat margrit ? I thought I was good at these games ?! I feel like this game is From’s greatest game. I def see the breath of the wild meets souls reference

Kodiak33
03-11-2022, 01:15 PM
Love the game but it only took my 35 hours of playing it to finally find the key to get into the academy……… I went everywhere looking for this key only to find out there was a hint to where to find it in an item I picked up. I should of known better but it’s very hard to read everything in these games because you get so many things you have no idea what they are for. I’m playing a blind run so I have literally no idea what half of what I have is. I know all the old stuff from the other Fromsoft games like the talisman being the rings ex ex and the craftabke items I figured out 15 hours in the game….

It may ruin the fun, but if I need something or can't figure something out I always look it up to save potential hours :D

artdeco
03-11-2022, 11:03 PM
I figured out that Elden Ring is not for me. I gave it 10 hours of my life, but alas. (and yes, this was my first Souls-like game)

EDIT: Okay...so I liked it a little more after some further playing. But still!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-12-2022, 05:26 PM
Found some much needed time off from work and have been playing this A LOT.

Over 65 hours in, level 135 Samurai, running an Intelligence/Dex build, with a +10 Moonveil Katana and +15 Meteoric Blade that just cuts through bosses like butter. Summon Oleg Knight is my best pal and is up to a +9 right now, along with having 4 runes. Currently in the mountain tops, then finding a way into Nokron!

Wretchedest
03-12-2022, 05:48 PM
Dude I have 100 hours and I'm lower level than you what did I do wrong

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-12-2022, 06:27 PM
Dude I have 100 hours and I'm lower level than you what did I do wrong

Hahaa, I found a few spots I shouldn't have been in yet, but the enemies were giving me over 2500 runes a pop, so I just keep crafting Gold-Pickled Fowl Feet, equip the Golden Scarab, rinse and repeat. There is also a grace point on a road in Mohgwyn that is across from a bird that gives you over 11,000 runes a pop. What is amazing about this game is no matter how much you boost some stats and upgrade a weapon, there is always a boss or mini boss that will straight up own you.

There are a few good grind spots, but boosting your HP and Robustness is crazy important. A lot of newcomers complain about dying easily, without doing some research on what every stat does. This one person was upgrading his strength wondering why he wasn't getting stronger... It just takes a tiny bit of critical thinking to get past that hurdle of feeling overwhelmed, but I can understand why some people check out when they hit Godrick lol. Margit was easy after I stumbled upon Margit's Shackle that binds him to the ground...FUCK I love this game.

Space Suicide
03-12-2022, 06:42 PM
After acquiring the Sword of Night and Flame I'm honestly in mini-boss God mode now.

Kodiak33
03-13-2022, 08:46 AM
Found some much needed time off from work and have been playing this A LOT.

Over 65 hours in, level 135 Samurai, running an Intelligence/Dex build, with a +10 Moonveil Katana and +15 Meteoric Blade that just cuts through bosses like butter. Summon Oleg Knight is my best pal and is up to a +9 right now, along with having 4 runes. Currently in the mountain tops, then finding a way into Nokron!

I assume you're power stancing with both equipped? I'm using a +13 Uchi

Wretchedest
03-16-2022, 03:19 AM
After acquiring the Sword of Night and Flame I'm honestly in mini-boss God mode now.

I got that sword based on that post in this, I'm at level 175 with like 80 int and 50 faith and it just murders most of the endgame mobs. Helped me a bit in clearing melenia as well

Rdm
03-16-2022, 03:39 AM
I know this might sound hyperbolic but I’m feeling this game could go down as one of the greatest games of all time and I’m only halfway through the game. Just so good so far. Using godrick’s axe at plus 5.

Wretchedest
03-16-2022, 10:05 PM
I don't think I've heard anyone who would debate that. I'd go as far as to put it above breath of the wild. Harder for me is ranking it among other souls games.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-16-2022, 10:42 PM
We got a patch.

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1504296899959943173?t=arD2f6ygkJxRKOCPM5Vapg&s=19

Kodiak33
03-17-2022, 07:12 AM
I know this might sound hyperbolic but I’m feeling this game could go down as one of the greatest games of all time and I’m only halfway through the game. Just so good so far. Using godrick’s axe at plus 5.

Indeed, but one that's so big I would never want to play again :D

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-22-2022, 07:06 AM
https://imgur.com/a/uLTvvpi

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-22-2022, 07:07 AM
I'm dying hahahaaa (Sorry for double post)

https://twitter.com/fearlessflyer3/status/1502304504313782274?t=KcoR-RWD28tnhyx9SN4zrw&s=19

Wretchedest
03-22-2022, 11:17 PM
I have completed Elden Ring. Like really completed, like all the things. 130 hours. Age of Stars Ending.

- Elden Ring is one of the greatest games of all time. I would say it is better than Breath of the Wild, by being better at all of the things Breath of the Wild is bad at and worse at none of it.

-elden ring becomes a bit tiring towards the end of you binge it in it's entirety for a week and a half. Shocking.

-gamers will debate forever about where this game ranks among from games. There's a great case to put it at the top, but I would still say, in my heart, I love Dark Souls and Bloodborne more. Maybe because they came first, finally taking the Castlevania formula to 3d in an enjoyable way.

- the Boss fights in Elden Ring, while broadly great, don't hold up to those of any other game from has made. I will chalk this up to Elden Ring's summon system, which I imagine will remain it's most controversial feature. Essentially I think she of these bosses were made with that system in mind, based on their aggressiveness against the general pacing of combat, but having other targets on the battlefield in my opinion undermines the tension of those fights. About 2/3 of the way in I opted to stop using them, but in a few cases found that I just had to use them. I haven't gotten gud I guess.

- definitely the most accessible from game and so maybe that will leave it high in the collective hive mind than it's forebears. I've talked to a lot of people who are playing this who wouldn't touch the others, and I can see why. It does manage to sometimes be the easiest and sometimes be the hardest of their games. It is never nearly as challenging as Sekiro, though.

-just a great aesthetic design. This could have been bland fantasy faire. It isn't. It's dripping with lore and detail. It is a dense game, without any wasted space.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-24-2022, 03:29 AM
^^^ Pretty much sums up how I feel as well. I stopped using the ashes myself after seeing how easy the bosses were; I wasn't getting that accomplished YES after falling them solo, even though there are some bosses that are hard as hell, even with summons like Mimic Tear and Black Knife Tiche.

Still not done, I'd say I'm about 75% complete with everything and just went out of my way to meet Mohg... What an asshole.

Kodiak33
03-24-2022, 06:36 AM
I have completed Elden Ring. Like really completed, like all the things. 130 hours. Age of Stars Ending.

- Elden Ring is one of the greatest games of all time. I would say it is better than Breath of the Wild, by being better at all of the things Breath of the Wild is bad at and worse at none of it.

-elden ring becomes a bit tiring towards the end of you binge it in it's entirety for a week and a half. Shocking.

-gamers will debate forever about where this game ranks among from games. There's a great case to put it at the top, but I would still say, in my heart, I love Dark Souls and Bloodborne more. Maybe because they came first, finally taking the Castlevania formula to 3d in an enjoyable way.

- the Boss fights in Elden Ring, while broadly great, don't hold up to those of any other game from has made. I will chalk this up to Elden Ring's summon system, which I imagine will remain it's most controversial feature. Essentially I think she of these bosses were made with that system in mind, based on their aggressiveness against the general pacing of combat, but having other targets on the battlefield in my opinion undermines the tension of those fights. About 2/3 of the way in I opted to stop using them, but in a few cases found that I just had to use them. I haven't gotten gud I guess.

- definitely the most accessible from game and so maybe that will leave it high in the collective hive mind than it's forebears. I've talked to a lot of people who are playing this who wouldn't touch the others, and I can see why. It does manage to sometimes be the easiest and sometimes be the hardest of their games. It is never nearly as challenging as Sekiro, though.

-just a great aesthetic design. This could have been bland fantasy faire. It isn't. It's dripping with lore and detail. It is a dense game, without any wasted space.

Did you beat M yet? I can't do it...

Wretchedest
03-24-2022, 12:54 PM
Did you beat M yet? I can't do it...

I beat so many Ms

Kodiak33
03-25-2022, 07:16 AM
I beat so many Ms

Hah!

Malenia.

Wretchedest
03-25-2022, 12:40 PM
Hah!

Malenia.

Yes I beat Male is and I helped some people in co-op. This is what I did.

Mimic Tear +10 and I have a sorcery build.

The first thing to do is you to get Malenis into the starting area, essentially switching positions with her so she is cornered. Once she loses her range of motion she becomes much easier.

I just basically spammed rock sling which isnt really the strongest spell damage wise but it significantly affects her poise so she will stagger a lot. Another option is glintblade, you can just cast a bunch of those before they fire off and draw her aggro. Just don't let her stay close to you for long because she will eat your stamina and kill you.

In the second phase she always opens with that dive flower attack, in this case I used the physical that give you unlimited for and the one that boosts sorcery, and after she landed I just held down azurs comet, that takes off like 50 percent of her health before she gets up. Then you want to stop attacking to give the year a chance to draw aggro.

For me a big breakthrough came when I allocated a few more flask charges to health than to fp, not for me but for the mimic Tear, so she lived long enough.

In that second phase I think I was still basically doing rock sling. The thing about rock sling is it has pretty good range and almost never completely missed.

The one second phase attack you really gotta watch out for is the one with the flower clones. What I will say is that if you have a 100 damage negation shield, damage won't bleed through during this fight, except the giant flower so if you are having trouble timing against her clones the shield might be an option for you

sonic_discord
03-25-2022, 01:16 PM
I'm taking my sweet time with this game (currently around 115 hours in at level 84) and trying to explore every nook & cranny and get all the items I can find. The only From Software game I've beaten prior to this is Dark Souls III, which I thoroughly enjoyed (it was a perfect game to dive into with a group of friends during the winter months of late 2020/early 2021), but in my opinion, Elden Ring improves on just about every aspect of DS3. I played Bloodborne up until the part in Old Yharnam where that guy is shooting a gattling gun from the top of a castle. I tried so many times to get through that part of the game, but by the time I made it up to where he is, he always beat me and I finally gave up and parted ways with that game. I picked up Demon's Souls a few months ago, but didn't get too far in that game before getting sucked into Far Cry 6 and then Elden Ring came out (and now that's the only thing I want to play). So I guess take my thoughts as the opinion of someone who's a little more of a noob to this series, as I have yet to really "git gud."

Jinsai
03-25-2022, 04:11 PM
I have had too much bullshit in my world to really dive into this or play any games at all, but I gotta say I'm a little sad I'll never get to try out the pre-nerf boss fights at this point. I just wanna try em.

Kodiak33
03-25-2022, 08:53 PM
I have had too much bullshit in my world to really dive into this or play any games at all, but I gotta say I'm a little sad I'll never get to try out the pre-nerf boss fights at this point. I just wanna try em.

As far as I know they only nerfed one big one, so I don't think you're missing much.

Finally beat this tonight, I never want to play it again lol (unlike a remastered Bloodborne)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-28-2022, 08:26 AM

That stinks man... Hope you get some time soon to play. The one boss they nerfed didn't even need to be imo, but you'll still have a blast.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-07-2022, 12:10 PM
OK... So the very last boss is extremely odd and disappointing. This is one of the only "What the fuck were they thinking" moments in the game for me so far.

Rdm
04-08-2022, 11:55 PM
https://youtu.be/DYDs_Inzkz4

Been waiting on this video. I’m still very confused as for every fromstop game. Any-who have fun trying to decipher the lore

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-09-2022, 11:19 AM
^^^ Literally just came here to post this. I'm a sucker for lore, I read almost every armor piece (that looked really cool) and a bunch of other stuff, so I wasn't that lost, but there were a lot of pieces it helped put together.

Going to keep up with this channel like with Destiny and My Name is Byf; incredible lore channel for the Destiny universe. But damn, is this one of From Software's best stories!

Rdm
04-09-2022, 05:46 PM
^^^ Literally just came here to post this. I'm a sucker for lore, I read almost every armor piece (that looked really cool) and a bunch of other stuff, so I wasn't that lost, but there were a lot of pieces it helped put together.

Going to keep up with this channel like with Destiny and My Name is Byf; incredible lore channel for the Destiny universe. But damn, is this one of From Software's best stories!

Damn I’m going to need the lore for dummies guide because even this video doesn’t help

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-09-2022, 07:34 PM
Damn I’m going to need the lore for dummies guide because even this video doesn’t help

I won't act like it was easy hahaa, it took me a little bit to understand what was going on, along with writing some lore down...that also entails reading said armor pieces multiple times and listening to A LOT of what Gideon and Turtle Pope said as well.

Doesn't help that every characters name starts with "G", "R", or "M" which was apparently a coincidence halfway through naming them :D

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-28-2022, 03:01 PM
Started a NG+ to finish some of the trophies I missed, but it is hard to not want to do some stuff over again, especially a few side quests I missed. I think I'll move on though, but damn I did not want this to end! Time to explore some more Fromsoftware games I missed out on.

Edit: Just got the platinum last night. Officially 100% done with Elden Ring; what a ride.

october_midnight
05-10-2022, 12:23 PM
oh my god

https://scontent.fyka2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/279218090_596095884744068_1016380650861298894_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=aatkhBjS7XgAX9JQOwD&_nc_ht=scontent.fyka2-1.fna&oh=03_AVInvbBmVDnGyu0QNgsRJWmNG2BpQg6XIjLBsAUW4T8Y Dw&oe=62A0EEDF

sonic_discord
05-10-2022, 04:58 PM
oh my god

That's so strange because I've often been reminded of Super Mario World when panning around the map! It didn't occur to me until now that they match up so well.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-12-2022, 01:54 PM
These numbers are pretty huge for a game that was projected to only sell around 4M copies by this time. Fastest sales out of a Japan studio not named Nintendo; Wow...

https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1524682123378110464?t=nWE0UNHecPd9YtkHGW9O_Q&s=19

sonic_discord
05-16-2022, 02:41 PM
Take note, other studios! THIS is how you make a good game that players will continue to play for a long time!

october_midnight
02-28-2023, 09:41 AM
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1630478058103734274

Kodiak33
02-21-2024, 12:29 PM
https://youtu.be/qLZenOn7WUo?si=52Eso-PaP7eqxSE2