PDA

View Full Version : You are about to enter The Twilight Zone...

Space Suicide
12-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Any fans? Surely there are on this forum. I'm not talking the 80's or the 2003 versions I mean the classic 1959-1964 goodness! My ass so would've watched this every week if I were alive then.

I was about to gear up for the annual New Year's Eve/Day SyFy marathon as per usual but luckily my grandparents got me the Definitive Collection of this for Christmas aka every episode, every season, 28 discs total.

Anyways, what's your favorite episodes? Let's discuss and be nerds or awesome people. Your call.

Some of my favorites are Death's Head Revisited, He's Alive!, Night Call, The Lonely, The Obsolete Man and Five Characters in Search of an Exit to name a few.

Fixer808
12-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I've seen a few, but they can't get any more creepily ironic than a child who escaped the Vietnam War, acting in a Vietnam War battle sequence and being killed by a crashing helicopter (along with Vic Morrow and another...). Rod Serling would have just shaken his head in amazement.
EDIT: For those who don't know, it was during the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie in 1982...

theruiner
12-28-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a single episode all the way through. Just bits and pieces. Maybe when I was younger and I just don't remember.

EPICRAGE
12-28-2011, 06:54 AM
I look forward to the New Years Eve SyFy marathon every year but I do believe that the whole series is now on Netflix Instant which makes the marathon on SyFy, with all of it's commercials, somewhat OBSOLETE. ;)

Jon
12-28-2011, 07:09 AM
I look forward to the New Years Eve SyFy marathon every year but I do believe that the whole series is now on Netflix Instant which makes the marathon on SyFy, with all of it's commercials, somewhat OBSOLETE. ;)

Netflix has all of the half-hour episodes. It is missing Season 4 (hour-long episodes), which admittedly, wasn't that great overall anyway.

diptych
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
The classic TZ is, to me, perfect TV. There isn't a single episode I can think of that isn't absolutely brilliant. Rod Serling was a genius and way ahead of his time.

One of the things I like is spotting now-famous, but then-unknown actors. There's a surprisingly large amount of them.

orestes
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Finally was able to watch most of the series a few months back when it dropped on netflix instant watch.

A few of my favorites:
Judgement Day
Third From the Sun
The Hitch-hiker
The Howling Man
The Invaders
A Hundred Yards Over the Rim
The Silence
It's a Good Life
Five Characters In Search of An Exit
To Serve Man
Four O' Clock

Space Suicide
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
A Hundred Yards Over the Rim

Egh, I hate that episode. It's just so...I don't know. Not one of the best to me.

I love To Serve Man, I forgot about that one.

orestes
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Most of my favorites tend to have a political slant, like Four O'Clock, where the main character is a utter asshole.

Another favorite of mine is the one about Mardi Gras masks.

Jon
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Most of my favorite tend to have a political slant, like Four O'Clock, where the main character is a utter asshole.

Another favorite of mine is the one about Mardi Gras masks.

The Masks! I love that one.

It's also the only original TZ episode directed by a woman, Ida Lupino (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0526946/)

orestes
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh, and Stopover in a Quiet Town was downright creepy the first time I saw it.

RhettButler
01-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Started watching Night Gallery, Serling's follow-up to TZ, more horror, less sci-fi, but has the same feel. Good show.