PDA

View Full Version : Happiness in Heresy

CAMEO172
01-31-2019, 04:48 AM
Hi,

I decide today to present you this new site. it's under HUGE construction and I do think the first real complete version will be in at least 4 months. This is for the moment a one month work, about 5hour a day.
So this is probably too soon but I want some feedbacks and why not some help ;)

This is a site only about NIN live, including poster/ticket/photos/setlist/records/press article. I did the same site, 20 years ago, about the Cure and I want this kind of site for NIN.

of course, you can think everything is already online here and there. It's nearly true. But I make it in a different way and with some datas never seen online. You can also think I'm an awful thief of other one work. My online original NIN source for scan is nin-historian and gladgarrot and a very few times RITC. I gonna thanks each time scan is coming from them.

All records information is coming from RITC. I contacted Rjan a few months ago about. having all datas in database let me show the informations i want, like all soundboard records, all records from a particular taper and probably soon a list of the "perfect" records, between 4.5 and 5 stars !
I gonna give him new information as I have discover some european taper from my old cure taper area. I know a paris 94 D7 master for example. i won't be able to have a copy but I'm sure he recorded it.

From 1988 to 1995, ALL dates are nearly sure. I don't make a copy of copy of copy of an original list. I check with all informations available here and there and once it's sure (or at least have some information), it's online.
All setlist is sure from a record, audio or video. I don't want to copy a "probably right" setlist. I saw so many mistakes of setlist with encores and press article explain there wasn't ! I prefer nothing that something maybe wrong. Having setlist of a cancel show is also the kind of thing I don't want.

This way I have found a LOT of mistakes or wrong informations. And I'm still looking for new datas, new press scans ! For example, at this time, I can't access to Dallas newspaper and I can't have access to Hollywood reporter !
The list of mistake is long, the press article helps to understand some reports, some cancellations and the real date of some shows !
For example Omaha 1995-02-13 isn't a surprise show. This is just a report and a change of venue after the Lincoln cancellation !

Press scans is also a perfect way to have rare informations like band injury on scene ! Quite funny. For example, we have an explanation why March of the Pigs wasn't played ot Warfield April 23 1994 : Chris received a micro stand from Trent and the band had to stop after Sin in order to put a bandage on his head !
This way we can be sure the record is from the right date !

Nowaday, I'm compiling all dates. I have to add 1999 to 2014 dates. I think this is a week by year. Newspaper will be only for review as the dates are all sure so I will have less work now. I will find poster, ticket, records after or when I'm tired of adding songs.
I also have a lot of live pictures to add. I just want to add professional work.
and after all is done, I will work on dialogs between songs or funny think visible on video.

I also miss some old setlists for various reasons. I'm trying for example to find an other review of worchester Janary 05 1995 : the record is incomplet and even if review can help, nothing is clear about Dead Soul. The reviewer even speak about "Atrocity Exhibition" during encore, a song never played by NIN. I even wonder if the taper keep this song for himself. Hurt is clear, a review deals about : this is probably a tape flip and the taper remove the song. Something I can never have wasn't play if this is true there were 5 songs as encore : a pity the reviewer leave the event before the end, in order to have his paper for the next day morning.
So you see, this is not really dump operation and I prefer losing my time that giving wrong informations.

Here is the link of this site : https://happinessinheresy.com
Please, don't forget everything is in strong construction. PHP files are changed nearly every day

Comments are open for every date. I hope we can talk about.

Fans sections isn't online. I want something easy and nice so each fan can add their dates and a few lines about this particular experience. At this time, I don't know how to make good php for this. On my old the cure site, it was too simple and not sure enough.

Arnaud

P.S : I'm french so don't blame me for my english ! ;)

WorzelG
01-31-2019, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I decide today to present you this new site. it's under HUGE construction and I do think the first real complete version will be in at least 4 months. This is for the moment a one month work, about 5hour a day.
So this is probably too soon but I want some feedbacks and why not some help ;)

This is a site only about NIN live, including poster/ticket/photos/setlist/records/press article. I did the same site, 20 years ago, about the Cure and I want this kind of site for NIN.

of course, you can think everything is already online here and there. It's nearly true. But I make it in a different way and with some datas never seen online. You can also think I'm an awful thief of other one work. My online original NIN source for scan is nin-historian and gladgarrot and a very few times RITC. I gonna thanks each time scan is coming from them.

All records information is coming from RITC. I contacted Rjan a few months ago about. having all datas in database let me show the informations i want, like all soundboard records, all records from a particular taper and probably soon a list of the "perfect" records, between 4.5 and 5 stars !
I gonna give him new information as I have discover some european taper from my old cure taper area. I know a paris 94 D7 master for example. i won't be able to have a copy but I'm sure he recorded it.

From 1988 to 1995, ALL dates are nearly sure. I don't make a copy of copy of copy of an original list. I check with all informations available here and there and once it's sure (or at least have some information), it's online.
All setlist is sure from a record, audio or video. I don't want to copy a "probably right" setlist. I saw so many mistakes of setlist with encores and press article explain there wasn't ! I prefer nothing that something maybe wrong. Having setlist of a cancel show is also the kind of thing I don't want.

This way I have found a LOT of mistakes or wrong informations. And I'm still looking for new datas, new press scans ! For example, at this time, I can't access to Dallas newspaper and I can't have access to Hollywood reporter !
The list of mistake is long, the press article helps to understand some reports, some cancellations and the real date of some shows !
For example Omaha 1995-02-13 isn't a surprise show. This is just a report and a change of venue after the Lincoln cancellation !

Press scans is also a perfect way to have rare informations like band injury on scene ! Quite funny. For example, we have an explanation why March of the Pigs wasn't played ot Warfield April 23 1994 : Chris received a micro stand from Trent and the band had to stop after Sin in order to put a bandage on his head !
This way we can be sure the record is from the right date !

Nowaday, I'm compiling all dates. I have to add 1999 to 2014 dates. I think this is a week by year. Newspaper will be only for review as the dates are all sure so I will have less work now. I will find poster, ticket, records after or when I'm tired of adding songs.
I also have a lot of live pictures to add. I just want to add professional work.
and after all is done, I will work on dialogs between songs or funny think visible on video.

I also miss some old setlists for various reasons. I'm trying for example to find an other review of worchester Janary 05 1995 : the record is incomplet and even if review can help, nothing is clear about Dead Soul. The reviewer even speak about "Atrocity Exhibition" during encore, a song never played by NIN. I even wonder if the taper keep this song for himself. Hurt is clear, a review deals about : this is probably a tape flip and the taper remove the song. Something I can never have wasn't play if this is true there were 5 songs as encore : a pity the reviewer leave the event before the end, in order to have his paper for the next day morning.
So you see, this is not really dump operation and I prefer losing my time that giving wrong informations.

Here is the link of this site : https://happinessinheresy.com
Please, don't forget everything is in strong construction. PHP files are changed nearly every day

Comments are open for every date. I hope we can talk about.

Fans sections isn't online. I want something easy and nice so each fan can add their dates and a few lines about this particular experience. At this time, I don't know how to make good php for this. On my old the cure site, it was too simple and not sure enough.

Arnaud

P.S : I'm french so don't blame me for my english ! ;)
this looks good, I particularly like that you’ve put YouTube videos /clips you’ve found for shows like Meltdown in London that aren’t necessarily the full thing. Thank you

TheBang
02-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Wow. I'm just looking over the early stuff, and the amount of research you've put into this is amazing.

The NIN Historian stuff, while a valuable source of information, had a lot of errors for the early years, simply because it was so hard to verify information back then. And a lot of those errors propagated into nintourhistory, setlist.fm, and NIN Wiki.

I've seen some surprises, like the 9:30 Club date on April 15, 1990. I do want to mention for those 1990 dates though, those were not their first headline shows. The 1989 promotional tour for the album launch were their first headlining dates.

Here is a review that you don't have: http://angrykev.tumblr.com/post/121771381396/catzrgray-concert-review-in-b-side-magazine
There may be more here (http://angrykev.tumblr.com/archive), tour posters, etc., but I haven't gone through the whole blog.

Here's another one for Skinny Puppy: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/42726917/

Oh, I can help you with that one. I was at that show. The setlist here is correct:

http://www.nin.wiki/1995/01/05_Worcester,_MA

fillow
02-01-2019, 08:33 AM
I suggest adding TR stage banter for every show with a recording later on. For early tours (PHM through TDS eras) gladcarrot already did a ton of transcriptions back in the day that can be used as a starting point.

klyrish
02-01-2019, 09:59 AM
This is pretty cool and really similar to something I built about 10 years ago that never really took off and became a nightmare to manage as well as another project I've been building the last couple of months. It'll be interesting to compare once I've got mine to a point it's ready to be launched.

Great work!

CAMEO172
02-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Hi,
Sorry for my silence : I didn't received emails warning (just one 3 days ago..)
I was afraid everyone doesn't care this site !

Thebang : I'm happy you love my work. You are one I used to read here and there !! and I know you love NIN history !

Yes it was quite hard to check every newspapers! As now the part 88 -> 95 is nearly clear (for the newspapers I can access to) and as after 99 we don't really need it for anything else than review, the hard horrible work is behind me.

Thanks a lot for the link for Skinny ! I will add these tomorrow, and check the blog for any other good info ! I found some skinny dates but can't confirm NIN was with them so I prefer adding nothing (i keep the press extracts on my computer)
The same for Peter Murphy and Mary Chain : i'm sure of 2 or 3 others dates for them but the opener wasn't cited !

for 1989 shows, as it seems to be mostly promo shows, can we say they really "headlined" ? for me it's really in 1990 that NIN begun to build their own public. but it's a detail :)

For Worcester,_MA (http://www.nin.wiki/1995/01/05_Worcester,_MA), it's funny cause I just found the right setlist after 5 hours reading on the old alt.nin newsgroups ! I also found some tapers names and some setlist confirmations !

I still hope HIH can be a good site for NIN community and that some people will love trying to check some old dates with proofs ;)

for trent talks, after reading a newgroup post in the beginning of 1995, i discover atlanta January 24 1995 had a lof of fun on Closer !!!

A question : Fragility v1.0 is named by fans not NIN ? I'm sure of Fragility v2.0 but I found nothing speaking about v1 name ?

sorry if my message is messy.. It's too late (and I work in 4 hours ).

CAMEO172
02-04-2019, 03:29 AM
This is pretty cool and really similar to something I built about 10 years ago that never really took off and became a nightmare to manage as well as another project I've been building the last couple of months. It'll be interesting to compare once I've got mine to a point it's ready to be launched.

Great work!

Hi klyrish,
if possible, we can mix our efforts !

FULLMETAL
02-10-2019, 05:33 AM
A question : Fragility v1.0 is named by fans not NIN ? I'm sure of Fragility v2.0 but I found nothing speaking about v1 name ?

I want to remember the v1.0 tag was referenced on NIN.com as part of the tour location images. If that wasn’t the case, then the NIN produced MTV special would be the primary reference point for that tour name.

https://youtu.be/fkGIL_IRz2c

botley
02-10-2019, 05:41 AM
Yes, it was just "Fragility" in 1999, and then after the North American leg was announced they started calling the earlier dates "Fragility 1.0" on the website, I believe. The North American leg was always called "Fragility 2.0" in all press and promo material.

TheBang
02-10-2019, 04:49 PM
It seems like the TV special was the first reference point for the Fragility 1.0 name. It aired on Dec. 21, 1999, after the European dates, but before the Japan/Aus dates.

You can see the "Fragility 1.0" name referenced in the Hotline news archives:
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/1999.12.html
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/2000.02.html

Prior to the TV special, it was just called the Fragility tour.

So, it was named somewhat retroactively, but it's definitely official.

botley
02-10-2019, 05:29 PM
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/2000.02.html

Hmm, thanks for linking this one. "Trent was going to take a short break before the US tour to remix some songs off of Bowie's new album" goes the MTV headline. Not surprised that didn't come to fruition, but wouldn't a NIN remix of "Something in the Air" be super-groovy?

CAMEO172
02-11-2019, 10:22 AM
What about this name for the 1999 European Leg ?

https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/fragility-europe-back-300x218.jpg

TheBang
07-24-2019, 12:27 AM
Here's a great post from ninlive confirming the Dec. 29, 1989 date in Cleveland:

https://www.facebook.com/ninlivearchive/photos/a.1107683455976413/2290078581070222/?type=3&permPage=1

Now, given that it lists Dec. 29, and not Dec. 28, I'm a bit skeptical of the 2-night run listed on a lot of sites. Nothing in the newspaper clippings indicates 2 nights. The date of that newspaper is Dec. 28, so it would have been extremely last minute if they'd "added a 2nd show due to demand".

This interview (https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/getting-physical/Content?oid=1492360) with NIN's tour manager lists the date as Dec. 28. But it may have been faulty memory from the manager or bad research from the writer. In any case, the manager's recollections make it sound like it was just one night, not 2 nights.

The origination of 2 dates comes from NIN Historian (http://www.theninhotline.net/nin_historian/tour_dates.html), and are based only on recollections. On NIN Tour History, no one has indicated that they attended Dec. 28. One person has said they attended Dec. 29. On setlist.fm, there is one person (HorrorShow) who is a troll, marking that he has attended nearly every show ever, so he is discounted. So, there is one person who said they attended Dec. 29. And one person who says they attended Dec. 28. For that person, they have both Dec. 28, 1989, and Dec. 28, 1990 (Hate Tour) marked as attended, so perhaps they only attended one date but marked both out of confusion because they weren't sure what year it was. And maybe the Dec. 28, 1990 show is the source of the Dec. 28, 1989 (if we assume this date didn't happen) confusion, with a faulty recollection about the year leading to a NIN Historian entry for that date also.

I'm mostly convinced that there was only one show on Dec. 29. The thing that would really solidify it for me would be a first-hand recollection about whether there was a set of two shows or just one.

CAMEO172
08-26-2019, 05:16 AM
Hi,
This is now completely sure there is only one night on Dec 29 ! I just found 2 news newspaper clippings. One is clear that this is the FIRST date in cleveland. Nemesis is the opening band. it was a $7 concert.. a dream !
Scans will be online in the afternoon.

I'm pretty sure the Dec 28 date is the 1990-12-28 !!

TheBang
08-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Scans will be online in the afternoon.
Nice, thanks for the scans.

Can you see if you can find anything for Luv-a-Fair club in Vancouver? I found several recollections, but not the exact date. One person said the week before PHM release, so that would have been about mid-Oct. 1989, I think:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.music.nin/LJgnMG-46MI/eNGzGe5gQ8IJ
http://www.vancouverneon.com/page_q/luv_a_fair.htm
https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/nbr-not-biking-related-9/topic/best-concert-you-have-seen-58657/?page=9

CAMEO172
08-27-2019, 06:35 AM
I just even found a REVIEW of this Fantasy 1989 show !!!!

According to this review Nick Rushes is already behind the keyboards !

TheBang
08-28-2019, 04:35 PM
I just even found a REVIEW of this Fantasy 1989 show !!!!

According to this review Nick Rushes is already behind the keyboards !
Yeah, I mentioned in another thread, I think, that from an interview it sounds like Rusche was hired in Nov. 1989. And in another interview, it says that David Haymes was playing at the San Fran. Warfield show (JAMC support). So, basically, I think this Phantasy show was Rushe's last show, and Haymes did both the JAMC and Peter Murphy tours.

TheBang
08-28-2019, 04:44 PM
On this old site (http://www.angelfire.com/music2/petermurphy/gigmain.html), I found a note that said "Manifesto" was the opening act for Peter Murphy on April 14, 1990, at Lisner Auditorium in Wash DC.

Armed with that, I was amazingly able to find this George Wash Univ yearbook (http://www2.gwu.edu/~alumni/yearbooks/CHERRY_TREE_1990_ST.pdf) which confirms on page 86 that local band "Manifesto" opened for Peter Murphy on April 14.

That all jibes with the fact that NIN had their own headlining show at 9:30 Club in Washington DC the next night on April 15. Looking at a map, Lisner Auditorium and 9:30 Club were only 1.3 miles apart, so it wouldn't have made sense that they were opening one night, and headlining just down the street the next night.

TheBang
08-28-2019, 04:59 PM
You've got a lot of articles for this one already, but here's another article from an arts newspaper called "The NicePaper" soliciting for JAMC and NIN at the Living Room in Providence, RI:

http://www.ricdigitalcommons.com/AS220/items/show/3522

TheBang
08-28-2019, 05:06 PM
What is it with yearbooks today? Another confirmation of Peter Murphy performing at Rhode Island College with pictures on pages 28-29:

https://issuu.com/digitalinitiatives/docs/1990yb_red

But no indication of which building the concert took place in, which I've been trying to find. Edit: Looking at pages 24-25, Donovan Center looks like the likely venue for the concert.

CAMEO172
08-28-2019, 11:59 PM
Great job !!!!

I will add all these clippings
you have found some medias I never even try to dig ! that's great !

At this time I try to access to Washington Post, New York Times and Hollywood reporter archives. Even with paid account, I just can't find anything way.

CAMEO172
08-29-2019, 12:03 AM
On this old site (http://www.angelfire.com/music2/petermurphy/gigmain.html), I found a note that said "Manifesto" was the opening act for Peter Murphy on April 14, 1990, at Lisner Auditorium in Wash DC.

Armed with that, I was amazingly able to find this George Wash Univ yearbook (http://www2.gwu.edu/~alumni/yearbooks/CHERRY_TREE_1990_ST.pdf) which confirms on page 86 that local band "Manifesto" opened for Peter Murphy on April 14.

That all jibes with the fact that NIN had their own headlining show at 9:30 Club in Washington DC the next night on April 15. Looking at a map, Lisner Auditorium and 9:30 Club were only 1.3 miles apart, so it wouldn't have made sense that they were opening one night, and headlining just down the street the next night.

if it's not in the list that must be because I have found the same info some month ago. I will add the date as wrong, and add all info I can dig. I must got some articles for sure.

TheBang
08-29-2019, 05:16 AM
Another wrong date cleared up:

NIN Historian (https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_historian/tour_dates.html) is the source for

7/1/90 Power Station - Melbourne, FL
7/2/90 The Asylum - Melbourne, FL

But, it turns out that Power Station and The Asylum are the same venue. Power Station was the name from 1989-Sept. 1992, and it was The Asylum from Sep. 1992-1994. On NIN Historian, the source for The Asylum date is a personal account (asterisk symbol). So, at some point, someone must have told NIN Historian, I went to this concert, but gave him the wrong venue name of The Asylum. He didn't know they were the same venue, so he added it as a new date at a new venue. The newspaper solicit (https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/The_Orlando_Sentinel_Fri__Jun_1__1990_.png) is for only one date, July 1 at Power Station, so July 2 must be spurious.

TheBang
08-29-2019, 06:09 AM
A couple proofs for a few dates you don't have listed yet:

Handbill for 1991-01-04 Gothic - Denver. Note: Due to demand, there are 2 shows that night, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM.
http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=138

1991-01-13 Reitz Union Rion Ballroom at University of Florida:
Page 9 of "Applause" Gainesville's Entertaining Magazine:
(https://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028290/05361/17j)https://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028290/05361/17x

1991-01-25 Rock Academy
Ticket Stub:
http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=154
Also, one of your articles on 1/24 is actually for 1/25. "The Record" promo from the 1/25 paper.

1991-07-13 Vatican - Houston
Images 18 and 19 and 23 confirm the date and venue:
http://www.rivetheadmagazine.com/-32-jul-91.html

CAMEO172
08-29-2019, 09:06 AM
Another wrong date cleared up:

NIN Historian (https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_historian/tour_dates.html) is the source for

7/1/90 Power Station - Melbourne, FL
7/2/90 The Asylum - Melbourne, FL

But, it turns out that Power Station and The Asylum are the same venue. Power Station was the name from 1989-Sept. 1992, and it was The Asylum from Sep. 1992-1994. On NIN Historian, the source for The Asylum date is a personal account (asterisk symbol). So, at some point, someone must have told NIN Historian, I went to this concert, but gave him the wrong venue name of The Asylum. He didn't know they were the same venue, so he added it as a new date at a new venue. The newspaper solicit (https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/The_Orlando_Sentinel_Fri__Jun_1__1990_.png) is for only one date, July 1 at Power Station, so July 2 must be spurious.

I really try to find this Asylum confirmation and didn't understand why florida press NEVER talked about ! it's clearer. I will add the date as wrong and adding your information as proof. This way we will stop having the question.

CAMEO172
08-29-2019, 09:10 AM
It's a pleasure not beeing alone to find such "historical" informations. Really happy we are at least two !

I will add all your information tonight (in 5 hours).

I have done a complete list of live press articles. Easy to check and see :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-live-press/

As I work directly inside the database for adding press data, there is no warning of any press update (only if the live date is new inside the database).

TheBang
08-30-2019, 07:24 AM
A solicit for New Music Nights at Rock Academy, July 16, 1990:
https://americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Billboard/90s/1990/BB-1990-07-21.pdf

And another solicit for Rock Academy, and City Gardens a few days before:
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/145823663/

CAMEO172
08-30-2019, 09:38 AM
A solicit for New Music Nights at Rock Academy, July 16, 1990:
https://americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Billboard/90s/1990/BB-1990-07-21.pdf

And another solicit for Rock Academy, and City Gardens a few days before:
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/145823663/

both added, from two sites I have hugely scanned : you rule !

I just added various little scans here and there . nothing phenomenal except some Australia 1994 gigs (even if I can't affirm they are all cancelled, still looking for this information).

TheBang
08-30-2019, 05:30 PM
nothing phenomenal except some Australia 1994 gigs (even if I can't affirm they are all cancelled, still looking for this information).
Definitely all cancelled, with less than a week's notice. They gave the excuse that Vrenna was herniated:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.music.nin/_1fPaEWWJII/discussion
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/AsWsGBrtaA0/a3OcRXrFKWoJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/uxbwiHgfIKM/_qSXDLZwS6cJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/5-O0EWh-9Xs/YhsFaT-NPa4J

But Trent revealed in an interview that the real reason was because he wanted more studio time:

https://www.theninhotline.com/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=600

TheBang
08-31-2019, 11:39 PM
Short review confirming Sunday, Nov. 12, 1995 for The Edge, Orlando:

https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2336&context=centralfloridafuture

CAMEO172
09-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Short review confirming Sunday, Nov. 12, 1995 for The Edge, Orlando:

https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2336&context=centralfloridafuture

Great scan ! Thanks my "partner".

I added some 1994 reviews todays. Still have some to add later.

ninlive
09-02-2019, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the info y'all!

CAMEO172
10-16-2019, 05:31 AM
Hi dear community,

i'm more than proud to announce that a first (but not last) big step had been done on the website.

I have added nearly all sure setlist of all years.
I decided to trust setlist after 2000 even without records. I refused to add older setlist without a record or a valid proof.

I have probably some date still missing but this is nearly ok.

Having the database full, I can now have fun with datas.

For example :
https://happinessinheresy.com/complete-view-of-live-songs-by-year/
complete list of songs played live. Click on a song and you will have shows details with lenght and maybe some comment about this song and this particular show

I have the same for songs by regular albums :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-albums-by-years/

As nearly all the dates are in the database, you can also have, for example, the list of all shows in Ohio, all shows in Philadelphia, or even all shows in Madison square garden venue. In fact, you can have a list by country / state / city / venue. I'm also working on venue branding so you will still have the list even if the branding change

You can also have all shows by all NIN members / guests.

here are the next big steps (any help more than welcome) :

1) adding newspaper clips. Already a little less than 900 clips but I have a LOT to add !
2) adding ticket / poster : huge work
3) adding records. At the end you will be able to list all IEM / audience / soundboard records, or NIN crew record or Ryan J. also able to list all 5 stars records. record at ounce ! I even wonder If I make DAT / MD / tape difference but it would be probably too much.
4) adding comments about songs that have something to say
5) adding Trent speeches : even a "thank you" is something to add !
6) Adding the possibility to fans to adding their name and even a comment about this live experience
7) and more and more

elevenism
10-22-2019, 03:12 PM
awesome work.

One tiny little thing regarding the dallas shows in 94 and 95: that venue is called Fair Park Coliseum, as opposed to State Fair Coliseum

CAMEO172
10-22-2019, 04:04 PM
awesome work.

One tiny little thing regarding the dallas shows in 94 and 95: that venue is called Fair Park Coliseum, as opposed to State Fair Coliseum
thanks a lot for having find this mistake ! I have changed the name

CAMEO172
10-23-2019, 04:20 AM
More than 1k press articles right now.
It's now not easy for me to find new articles between 1989 and 1995..
I still have a lot to add for more recent years. Probably a 1 month work

A new page emerged :
https://happinessinheresy.com/press-articles-by-newspapers/
you can see by newspapers name, the article written about live concert dates. It's quite easier to check if an article is already inside or not if you know the newspapers and the release date

And you still have :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-live-press/
which included all press article regarding to all dates

I do hope having new scans from everyone :)

spahn
10-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Great work. Love reading the review from my first concert, back in 1994. Apparently, the writer, was not a fan. LOL https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/miami-november-20-1994/

TheBang
10-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Here is a poster for JAMC on Jan. 27 and 28, 1990 in Seattle and Portland:

https://concertposterart.com/products/telephone-pole-posters-jeseus-and-mary-nine-inch-nails-concert-poster

The image of the poster is not very big, so I asked the seller if it said NIN anywhere on it, and he confirmed that it did not. Not definitive proof one way or the other, but at least it doesn't show that NIN were solicited on the poster for those shows.

Also, I found a newspaper mention of the April 5, 1990 concert at the end of an album review:

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/uwmpost/id/24886

Also, if you search through the UWM Post archives, it looks like there are a lot of NIN articles, several of which probably pertain to concerts (I did not go through any of them):

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/search/searchterm/nine%20inch%20nails

CAMEO172
12-05-2019, 04:02 AM
One month since the last update info here.

A really lot of news. here we go.

The structure of the site is now clear. For each show :

0) venues/cities are probably ok. I also add venue picture when there is a NIN sign/date. festival name is also included. I'm also checking if the show is sold out or not (only according to press article for the moment). I have also manage leg's name of each part.
1) Songs played if known including time lenghts. songs and time lenght is finished. After a huge work for songs comments and trent speech between songs
2) Song stats for fun. this part is finished
3) Line up including guests. this part is finished
4) All show or tour posters including variants. this part is finished or nearly. need scans for new posters
5) Show ticket. I have added some.. not my priority at this time
6) Video records. I have prepared my php sheet for quick adding, just have to add them now. This is a 2/3 months work
7) Audio records. I have prepared my php sheet for quick adding, just have to add them now. This is a 2/3 months work
8) Goodies. mainly show or tour T-shirt. 10% done. This is a 2 weeks work I think. I add one or two goodies each day
9) Press articles. A did a HUGE part from my major sources. More than 1500 articles including great reviews now in the database. every day I want to still add some articles. I still have some sources to check.
10) Setlist papers and other kind of live papers. This is a 2 weeks work. I add one or two each day
11) Live pictures of the show. I'm working on this now mainly with pro photo after 2005 or good picture before 2005. This is at least a 3 months work.
12) Fans at the show. I don't prepare the code for this part. I need a strong registration part for security reason against spam. The idea here is having human interactions, not only a list of name. This is a 3 days development and I will probably need one or two beta test people.

A lot of change in pages here and there. Still have a lot of esthetic work.
You can have the shows list for each kind of element. I still have to add each list of show without element.

One of my only question is decided if I add opening/headliner bands info. I will probably later, this is not my priority.

I have also a little work about dates without infos : i have to adding them as unsure. There are probably 20/30 dates to add, mainly between 1989 and 1994. I will do this one night in a few weeks.

TheBang
12-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Nice, I noticed some of the new sorting and search options when I was on the site last week. That's a lot of work!

BTW, the source for this cancellation:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/koln-august-29-1991/

is that the event promoter actually reached out to ninlive to provide him some ticket stubs and also let him know that that one date was cancelled due to Trent's voice.

piggy
12-21-2019, 04:05 PM
I hope it's appropriate to ask this question here, I wasn't sure where to put it. I'm trying to figure out something for the NIN wiki. On our Lollapalooza wiki page, it says at the top of the page that the tour started on July 3. There doesn't appear to be any mention of a July 3 Lollapalooza date anywhere on the internet except nintourhistory.com, where it mentions a July 3 date in Chicago at an unknown venue and it even has a setlist. Can anyone shed some light on this?

CAMEO172
12-22-2019, 11:55 AM
I have access to Chicago Tribune archive. Check on this page (https://happinessinheresy.com/press-articles-by-newspapers/) you will see they indicated nearly all NIN Chicago dates !

I have check carefully in the beginning of July/end of June 1991 and can't find anything. It doesn't mean it didn't exist by the way.

At this time I prefer adding no date (even unsure) and of course no setlist !

fillow
12-22-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm willing to bet there was a typo involved at some point in some source, because there's an August 3rd Lollapalooza date in Chicago that's definitely real.

piggy
12-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Ah, didn't even notice the Chicago date in August. That might be what happened.

TheBang
12-23-2019, 06:29 AM
That's exactly what happened. A recording of the Aug. 3 date circulated for years with an erroneous July 3 date listed on it:

https://gladcarrot.com/common_mislabels.htm

I hope it's appropriate to ask this question here, I wasn't sure where to put it. I'm trying to figure out something for the NIN wiki. On our Lollapalooza wiki page, it says at the top of the page that the tour started on July 3. There doesn't appear to be any mention of a July 3 Lollapalooza date anywhere on the internet except nintourhistory.com, where it mentions a July 3 date in Chicago at an unknown venue and it even has a setlist. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I've been updating nin.wiki with all the corrections that we've been researching and uncovering here. So, for dates 1995 and earlier, you should consider nin.wiki and happinessinheresy.com the most correct sources. I've submitted a lot of the changes to nintourhistory.com, but most have not been acted upon. As a result, it still contains a lot of the inaccuracies propagated from NIN Historian.

I've also submitted most of the changes to setlist.fm, so that is reasonably accurate now, but there are a few things that I have not been able to get them to accept, so there is still some known bad data there.

Regarding nin.wiki, while I have been correcting all the listings in the tables for each individual tour, I have not been making any corrections to text bodies (as you noticed), or to things like the Duration date ranges (for example, on http://www.nin.wiki/Tour), so if there have been dates added to or removed from the ends, those might not be accurate. I also have not made any corrections to individual tour date pages (if they exist), so if there were any corrections to dates, venue names, or cities made in the tables, that might not be reflected in the text body of corresponding article.

CAMEO172
12-23-2019, 07:45 AM
I try to have HIH as accurate as possible on venue/date/city/setlist ! I'm doing updates every day so if something is wrong, I act quickly !
Never forget I don't really care of any other list and this list came from nothing. I can't add false informations because I only add informations with proofs.

Huge first live photos update last week (from 50 pictures to more than 1700 now, mainly on official NIN pics) and I'm doing live T-shirt updates at this time, before adding more live pictures in 2020.

According to live T-shirts, I also update tour leg names and cut them more accurately. 2005 tour seems nearly perfect this way for exemple (i just wonder for the 4th last December shows).

I also found a few press articles : nothing great but some infos here or there I will add before new eve.

I still have to add unsure but probably accurate dates (meaning dates here or there I can't find any little clue but that seems acceptable). There are some Australian 94 dates and probably something like twenty dates between 1989 and 1994. After 1995, it seems nearly perfect now on venue/date/city.
Adding these dates are importante so you can focus on them for seeking clues.

piggy
12-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Ok, I fixed that thing on the NIN wiki Lollapalooza page. Thanks, folks.

CAMEO172
01-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Hi,

Here is a new update post, probably one of the last :

Since the last month :

- 2 or 3 COMPLETLY new dates with proofs : quite proud of this as this is mainly pre 1991 dates ! You can't imagine how I'm seeking everywhere, sometime with just a little incomplet info ! (thanks to nin_historian it helps)
- a lot of T-shirt / live photo / poster / ticket / setlist paper added. still have work for setlist and ticket, not poster. I still have to find some event 2018 t shirts
- I still have to add audio/video for each show. It gonna be my priority in a few days
- some press added, maybe 30 articles.. still have some work

I need some people for debug/feedback actions :
- the member area is now open : you can sign in and add your own review for your own NIN shows. Being a member is the only security way. It gonna build your own page with a sum up, stats and info ! I will need one or two feedbacks, just to be sure everything is working well and make it better for everyone if needed. This is the step before going further.

Exemple :
1) https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/london-june-24-2018/ : you can see my own RAH review
2) click on my name (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/fans/arnaud/) and this my own page with infos

CAMEO172
01-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Hi,
I need some people for debug/feedback actions :
- the member area is now open : you can sign in and add your own review for your own NIN shows. Being a member is the only security way. It gonna build your own page with a sum up, stats and info ! I will need one or two feedbacks, just to be sure everything is working well and make it better for everyone if needed. This is the step before going further.

Exemple :
1) https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/london-june-24-2018/ : you can see my own RAH review
2) click on my name (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/fans/arnaud/) and this my own page with infos

No-one is interested in this feature ?
I would love to know why !

CAMEO172
02-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Too fucked up to care anymore

this is my last post !

piggy
02-12-2020, 08:40 PM
What happened? Are you okay?

CAMEO172
04-17-2020, 09:25 AM
Hi dear NIN community,

First at all, sorry for my english, i'm a poor froggy man.

There is a long time since I posted here. I will try to sum up everything I can now.

First at all, there is a HUGE work done on HIH (thanks to the bloody quarantine) : Now, the site is nearly done. I just have to add records from 2014 to 2018 ! This is a 2 or 3 days work, no more. All records from ninelive from 1988 to 2013 are in the site. I also found some new records (not a lot).

So, you can have a global view of the way the site want to be. As you can see, there are a lot of way having a view of the huge NIN live activity. I think a lot of pages are more than useful for a lot of people and this is the first time you can see it. For example, the "particular shows" page is so great for a quickly view of exceptional shows, for various reasons.

Nowadays, I just wonder if I'm alone or if we can merge some works all togethers. My door is open. Have a look, there is still plenty of works to do here or there. Just Trent speeches, this is enormous. And probably some tickets/poster/passes/setlist/press/photos still not here. And the fan part is empty and only depends on you. I'm looking for fan from Toronto for example as I would love having a Proquest access to toronto press archive ; from France this is impossible.

I was quite disappointed of how you seem to not care of this site or just not want being part of it. This is why I was away and sad.

So this is a last call. I would love that some people add their own work so we can have a global view of NIN live.

I have nothing to earn : there is no advertising on the site, i'm not a trader/tapers or anything. I'm not even sure being a huge NIN fan. I don't even want to be close to the band or something like this (who care of a french guy). No, this is just a site for everyone by everyone and this is a pleasure for me and I want the community being proud of this.

I can understand some people think I'm a thief or I use other's work. This is mainly false : you can't imagine how I searched everywhere outside of NIN sites ! I have found a lot of tickets/posters/press by myself but now i will need help for various parts. It's clear I have used some others work, just i order to have a better view and I go further their work.

So please, it's time to tell me if i'm staying alone or if we can have a global NIN live site made by everyone !

I don't care staying alone but I would be really sad to do all this work for just me.

i'm waiting for your answers, your remarks, your opinion.
After this post, I will know.

TheBang
04-18-2020, 09:06 AM
Hey, you know I like what you do. Sorry you haven't gotten more support. Your research has been invaluable in cleaning up and correcting early dates, which I'm very grateful for. I think you haven't gotten more community participation because NIN Tour History already cornered that market over a decade ago, and people don't know about your site or are not interested in signing up for yet another one. If your site had been first back then, you probably would have had much more participation.

Anyway, I've got another contribution for you. I think that you're right that this show did not happen:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/glenside-march-08-1990/

As you probably noticed there are tons of solicitations for the Trocadero show on Mar. 5 from all the area newspapers, but zero newspaper mentions for a Keswick show, even in papers that normally list Keswick shows coming up. Besides that though, I just noticed that you have a graphic of the tour t-shirt here:

https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TheKeep_8_1_2016_Edited-47_close-300x300.jpg

Now, it's really small and hard to read, especially the numbers for the dates, but if you read what you can while reading along with the Jesus and Mary Chain known dates, you can match up the names of the cities exactly. The tour starts in January in the upper-left corner with two dates in Vancouver, BC. It goes down through Feb., and then Feb. continues on the right column. As you get about halfway down the right column, you can read in a row:

Washington, DC
New York, NY
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Providence, RI

So that means it really did 4 days between show dates, and there does not appear to have been a date at Keswick Theatre. So, I'm going to consider that date not real.

It also looks like there were 2 NY dates planned (Mar 3 and 4), at least at the beginning of the tour when the shirts were printed. But maybe they cancelled the 2nd date due to ticket sales? And that's why NIN scheduled a show at Green Parrot for Mar 4, maybe just a few days in advance?

The t-shirt also helps with another date not confirmed on your site. If you look at the bottom left column of the t-shirt, you can make out:

21 Atlanta, GA
22 Athens, GA

So that confirms the Athens date.

TheBang
04-18-2020, 10:05 AM
When did you add this one?
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/miami-august-19-1991/

CAMEO172
04-18-2020, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I have found a few days ago a HUGE photo of the Jesus and Mary Chain automatic tour t-shirt (but in white, I will have to find the black one too). I'm just lazy to add this item as I'm focusing on the end of records. It's funny you speak about it.
I have seen it confirm some probably dates and I have the same opinion about the second NY date : this is a cancelled date since nearly the beginning of the date, probably because of ticket sales

CAMEO172
04-18-2020, 10:23 AM
When did you add this one?
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/miami-august-19-1991/

I found it a month ago after a new complete check of newspapers. I do one every 6 months. I did check again Miami newspaper around the date but can't find a second article just to confirm this date never seen anywhere. I even checked again orlando newspapers if they spoke of a NIN date before Lollapalooza.

I'm actively need a Toronto Proquest access (free for any student of the city). I have found some article of very old NIN dates but I can't read them :(

TheBang
04-18-2020, 02:27 PM
I have found a few days ago a HUGE photo of the Jesus and Mary Chain automatic tour t-shirt (but in white, I will have to find the black one too). I'm just lazy to add this item as I'm focusing on the end of records. It's funny you speak about it.
ok, ok, I just found those shirts too (several on eBay), and this explains a lot. First of all, there are two versions of the dates on shirts. One version does not have the Orlando and Cleveland dates on it.

But now that I can see the dates, I can see that Philadelphia was originally for Mar. 8. So, now I know where all these dates are coming from. If you look on NIN Historian (https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_historian/tour_dates.html) you can see that he lists the JAMC dates with $ symbol which means official itinerary. It all matches up with the shirt dates, so he either took it from the t-shirt or an original itinerary created at the same time as the shirt. But that doesn’t reflect changes along the way.

Keswick and Trocodaro are in the same market (Philadelphia), so it’s unlikely that both took place. We now know it was originally planned for the 8th which is why he has that marked as confirmed, and question marks for the Troc show on the 5th. But we know from the newspapers that the Troc show is EVERYWHERE, so that is the one that happened and whatever was originally planned for the 8th did not.

And so we know that’s also why NIN historian has the Mar 4 NYC show listed. We know from the newspapers that that date was probably never even solicited or maybe it was cancelled long before the show date.

That also calls into question the Athens date, rather than confirming it. It’s in a market near to Atlanta so if ticket sales were poor, it may have been cancelled or never even solicited, if we can’t find anything in newspapers.

I found it a month ago after a new complete check of newspapers. I do one every 6 months. I did check again Miami newspaper around the date but can't find a second article just to confirm this date never seen anywhere. I even checked again orlando newspapers if they spoke of a NIN date before Lollapalooza.
I think this date probably didn’t happen. This was at the height of NIN’s breakout period, so if there had been a side show it would have been better remembered and covered. One thing to do is to check newspapers for solicitations for other concerts that happened at Cameo around that time (https://www.setlist.fm/venue/cameo-theatre-miami-beach-fl-usa-1bd38184.html?page=9) and confirm that NIN is not listed.

I'm actively need a Toronto Proquest access (free for any student of the city). I have found some article of very old NIN dates but I can't read them :(
Yeah, I was just looking at that last night, and realizing that’s necessary to confirm a lot of stuff, especially those early Toronto dates. It doesn't need to be a student. We just need someone here who’s a Toronto resident and has or can get a library card (https://torontopubliclibrary.typepad.com/local-history-genealogy/2014/02/digitized-toronto-newspapers-globe-mail-and-toronto-star.html). Should be easy enough.

TheBang
04-18-2020, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I was just looking at that last night, and realizing that’s necessary to confirm a lot of stuff, especially those early Toronto dates. It doesn't need to be a student. We just need someone here who’s a Toronto resident and has or can get a library card (https://torontopubliclibrary.typepad.com/local-history-genealogy/2014/02/digitized-toronto-newspapers-globe-mail-and-toronto-star.html). Should be easy enough.
Paging botley

botley
04-18-2020, 11:49 PM
Yeah I can probably get on Proquest tomorrow (my mom is a retired TPL librarian). What periodical am I looking for?

CAMEO172
04-19-2020, 03:09 AM
Yeah I can probably get on Proquest tomorrow (my mom is a retired TPL librarian). What periodical am I looking for?

Hello Botley,

If you can give me the access it would be easier for you.
Theses articles seem to be mainly in : "global and mail" and "Toronto Star" but it would be probably great to seek in some others.
This is at least a 6 hours works and I'm ready to do it.. you can't imagine how many hours I already did this is various newspapers.

TheBang
04-19-2020, 08:37 AM
That also calls into question the Athens date, rather than confirming it. It’s in a market near to Atlanta so if ticket sales were poor, it may have been cancelled or never even solicited, if we can’t find anything in newspapers.

The Red & Black (student newspaper at UGA in Athens) has a full archive available:

https://gahistoricnewspapers.galileo.usg.edu/lccn/gua1179162/issues/1990/

I haven't had time to search more than Feb. 21 and 22, but did not see mention of a JAMC show.

I'm also working on getting access to Athens Banner-Herald archives, but it may only be possible after coronavirus is done.

FULLMETAL
04-19-2020, 09:31 AM
If you're looking for info on the Athens music scene, Flagpole was the local rag of choice. Here's a link to the GA Theatre advert with JAMC & NIN:
https://gahistoricnewspapers.galileo.usg.edu/lccn/sn94029049/1990-02-21/ed-1/seq-31/

TheBang
04-19-2020, 09:50 AM
Nice one, thanks. With that promo from one day before the show, I think we can assume it happened.

CAMEO172
04-19-2020, 10:17 AM
If you're looking for info on the Athens music scene, Flagpole was the local rag of choice. Here's a link to the GA Theatre advert with JAMC & NIN:
https://gahistoricnewspapers.galileo.usg.edu/lccn/sn94029049/1990-02-21/ed-1/seq-31/

great help ! new scan added, tne date is now nearly sure !
This georgia digital library is new for me.; i'm digging inside !

FULLMETAL
04-19-2020, 04:38 PM
CAMEO172 I want to thank you for your dedication & meticulous research on your webpage. I started my tour history on the old NIN.com forums & migrated over to NINtourhistory when it launched, but just don't have the energy & patience at the moment to do it again for another page. Please know your work is appreciated. I'm sure once a new touring cycle happens, things will pick up for fans looking for authenticated research & not the bullshit that gets posted on setlist.fm.

TheBang
04-20-2020, 03:24 AM

I think this date probably didn’t happen. This was at the height of NIN’s breakout period, so if there had been a side show it would have been better remembered and covered. One thing to do is to check newspapers for solicitations for other concerts that happened at Cameo around that time (https://www.setlist.fm/venue/cameo-theatre-miami-beach-fl-usa-1bd38184.html?page=9) and confirm that NIN is not listed.

Yeah, I don't think it happened. The Herald still had plenty of listings for shows at the Cameo around that date, but nothing for the NIN show? I don't think so.

https://www.newspapers.com/image/635657837/?terms=cameo
https://www.newspapers.com/image/635619381/?terms=cameo

CAMEO172
04-20-2020, 04:08 AM
I don't have access to Newspapers.com for the moment. I stopped it a few weeks ago and plan to take it again near the end of the year for a new scan of articles. I's quite expensive, I prefer stopping a few months and waiting for new newpapers online.

I gonna put the date as "not sure" with nearly cancelled indications.

Toronto area had been cleaned with a lof of articles from Toronto Stars and Globe and Mail, very big thanks to @botley (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=469).
i will scan a last time the two newspapers tonight but I don't miss a lot if I missed :
https://happinessinheresy.com/live/north-america/canada/ontario/toronto/
Some nice reviews from 1991/1994/2005 !
Peter Murphy date in April 90 is now clear even if no echo of NIN.

I just can't find anything about the Jesus and mary Chain show in March 1990. It's nearly clear NIN did't played but I don't know why. According to my old memory, maybe an article in newspapers.com that I didn't keep. can't be sure.
I can't also find anything about the Toronto Palladium date.. not even a promo. This is a date from Itinary ?

Now, I will need a proquest access from Washington, in order to check "Washington Post". Anyone there ?
I also wonder how having access to "Hollywood Reporter" archive. There are articles at least about Helter Skelter 91 and probably a review ! (nude women on stage according to echo dealing with an Hollywood article.

I also seek for a "Tulsa World" access. It seems having a review for Peter Murphy and even maybe NIN show.
I also need magazine scans... don"t have a lot and nearly impossible to have some.

TheBang
04-20-2020, 05:33 AM
Going through the rest of the unsure stuff and trying to add information.

October 22, 1989 9:30 Club, Wash DC:
A recollection from NIN's tour manager of opening for MBM at 9:30 Club:
https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/getting-physical/Content?oid=1492360

Listing on MBM fan site (from the 90's) of the 9:30 show, including NIN opening:
http://www.digitalchemist.com/mbm/history/1989.shtml

December 08, 1989, Sonic, NYC:
This guy has vivid memories of seeing NIN at Sonic:
https://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2005/10/top_ten_sincecl.html
https://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2014/07/marquee-memories-redux.html

NIN Historian says he got the date and venue from a show handbill. I have not had success locating that handbill yet.

Here is information about Sonic club opening in Sept. 1989:
https://www.newspapers.com/image/467000536/

July 24 1990, Bermudas, Milwaukee, WI:
I think you should add this as a Not Sure. I think I ran across someone mentioning seeing them at Bermudas once, but can't find it now.

Other stuff I found:
Newspaper clipping for July 11, 1990 9:30 show:
https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/great-venues.115/

CAMEO172
04-20-2020, 05:53 AM
Thanks a lot. I will update tonight with theses informations.

CAMEO172
04-20-2020, 06:02 AM
it would be great if we can have access to Manhathan College archive for April 21 1990..

TheBang
04-20-2020, 06:22 AM
I just can't find anything about the Jesus and mary Chain show in March 1990. It's nearly clear NIN did't played but I don't know why.
Probably visas or passports or something like that. They didn't go to Montreal either, yet they still played the US shows on the other side, so it seems clear that it's just some technicality why they didn't follow to Canada.[/quote]

I can't also find anything about the Toronto Palladium date.. not even a promo. This is a date from Itinary ?
Looks like it was a strongly rumored date which was probably in the works:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/V6P4LbD_XaI/ffOhUwDdxtoJ

But for whatever reason it looks like it fell through, before even being solicited and tickets sold though. So, frankly, I wouldn't even count it as a real date since it never got that far. Throughout the Self-destruct/fdts tour, they were scheduling gigs just weeks before the performance dates sometimes, so it's not a surprise that it would have been scheduled so late.

Now, I will need a proquest access from Washington, in order to check "Washington Post". Anyone there ? I also wonder how having access to "Hollywood Reporter" archive. There are articles at least about Helter Skelter 91 and probably a review ! (nude women on stage according to echo dealing with an Hollywood article.
ProQuest has an Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive 3 (https://www.proquest.com/products-services/eima.html) which contains a full archive of Hollywood Reporter. You just need to find an institution that has access to the product, like the University of Chicago (https://www.lib.uchicago.edu/about/news/entertainment-industry-magazine-archive/). I think Factiva may also have an archive of Hollywood Reporter, for example, available through UCLA (https://guides.library.ucla.edu/film/newspapers)

We need to get access to Galileo (https://www.galileo.usg.edu/scholar/gsu/databases/all/). It has access to EIMA and Washington Post through ProQuest. ninlive can help with that.

I also seek for a "Tulsa World" access. It seems having a review for Peter Murphy and even maybe NIN show.
Newsbank has a product called "America's Newspapers (https://titlelist.newsbank.com/View?list=America%27s%20Newspapers)" that includes Tulsa World from 1/1/1989-present. Just need to find an institution that has access to that. One such institution is the Tulsa public library: https://tccl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/4383140063?active_tab=bib_info

TheBang
04-20-2020, 06:53 AM
it would be great if we can have access to Manhathan College archive for April 21 1990..
So far, I've only been able to find a physical archive of The Quadrangle, the student newspaper:
https://archivesspace.manhattan.edu/repositories/4/archival_objects/14647
That would require someone to actually go to the Manhattan College library.

There's also the Riverdale Press (https://www.riverdalepress.com/), a local weekly paper. Haven't been able to find a 1990 archive for them though.

Here is information about Sonic club opening in Sept. 1989:
https://www.newspapers.com/image/467000536/
Clipped this for you:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49132959/daily-news/

July 24 1990, Bermudas, Milwaukee, WI:
I think you should add this as a Not Sure. I think I ran across someone mentioning seeing them at Bermudas once, but can't find it now.

Looks like NewsBank's America's Newspapers also contains access to Milwaukee Sentinel Journal archives.

Here's info about Bermudas grand opening in 1989:
https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/api/collection/uwmpost/id/23742/download

Might be worthwhile searching through UWM Post's archives too. Edit: Ahh, I already suggested that last year. I assume it didn't net anything for the Bermudas date, since that was in the middle of summer when the school is out.

CAMEO172
04-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Going through the rest of the unsure stuff and trying to add information.

December 08, 1989, Sonic, NYC:
This guy has vivid memories of seeing NIN at Sonic:
https://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2005/10/top_ten_sincecl.html
https://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2014/07/marquee-memories-redux.html

The second link seems to say the gig was at The Marquee !

Marquee at NY ! not London !!

Marquee London ?
I think of the strange New Music Express scan..
can't be a mistake of the NME after having an info of a show at The marquee ? For NME (and mainly all europeans) only one Marquee exits and it's at London but this time this is Marquee NY. So this gig may be on February 28th 1991. The band isn't so famous ! This is a few weeks after the shows at LA.
It can explain a few things, including no more promo for Marquee London (and UK market) once NME understood their mistake !

stange idea ?

Edit : this idea is probably wrong : NIN did 2 gigs a month before inside NY at The Academy.

TheBang
04-20-2020, 03:19 PM
The second link seems to say the gig was at The Marquee !

Marquee at NY ! not London !!

Marquee London ?
I think of the strange New Music Express scan..

Whoa, slow down there. He’s saying that NIN was one of the last acts at that venue under the name Sonic. So it was only called Sonic for less than 6 months. Shortly after that, the venue changed its name to Marquee and hosted a bunch of memorable gigs before closing a few years later. No relation to the Marquee in London.

TheBang
04-21-2020, 06:15 AM
More stuff:

Promos for Grog & Tankard, July 10, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205498/the-baltimore-sun/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205476/the-baltimore-sun/

Listing for Chestnut Cabaret July 12, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206551/courier-post/
But the Chestnut Cabaret gig didn't happen. More on that later.

Promo for City Gardens, July 13, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205899/daily-record/

Promo for Pipeline July 18, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205985/daily-record/
(https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205985/daily-record/)
Promo for Mar 3, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206753/daily-news/

Listing for Mar. 4, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206847/asbury-park-press/

CAMEO172
04-21-2020, 08:04 AM
More stuff:

Promos for Grog & Tankard, July 10, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205498/the-baltimore-sun/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205476/the-baltimore-sun/

Listing for Chestnut Cabaret July 12, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206551/courier-post/
But the Chestnut Cabaret gig didn't happen. More on that later.

Promo for City Gardens, July 13, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205899/daily-record/

Promo for Pipeline July 18, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205985/daily-record/
(https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49205985/daily-record/)
Promo for Mar 3, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206753/daily-news/

Listing for Mar. 4, 1990:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206847/asbury-park-press/

All theses clippings had been added ! i's funny that because you clip the page, I have a full access to this page for free !

Very big thanks ! I love working this way. it give me more juice for the rest.

you search for terms "9 inch nails" If so it's a trick. The Asbury Park Press clipping for Neptune march 4 is a gem. NIN for 3$ !! A glass of water nowadays !

TheBang
04-21-2020, 08:29 AM
you search for terms "9 inch nails" If so it's a trick.
Yup, a little bit of a hack there! But I actually found that particular one because i realized that Asbury Park Press put that night's Green Parrot show at the bottom of Page 1 of the paper every day.

The Asbury Park Press clipping for Neptune march 4 is a gem. NIN for 3$ !! A glass of water nowadays !
Actually, $3 is the Saturday dancerama DJ show.

Pyract
04-21-2020, 09:00 AM
Hi dear NIN community,

First at all, sorry for my english, i'm a poor froggy man.

There is a long time since I posted here. I will try to sum up everything I can now.

First at all, there is a HUGE work done on HIH (thanks to the bloody quarantine) : Now, the site is nearly done. I just have to add records from 2014 to 2018 ! This is a 2 or 3 days work, no more. All records from ninelive from 1988 to 2013 are in the site. I also found some new records (not a lot).

So, you can have a global view of the way the site want to be. As you can see, there are a lot of way having a view of the huge NIN live activity. I think a lot of pages are more than useful for a lot of people and this is the first time you can see it. For example, the "particular shows" page is so great for a quickly view of exceptional shows, for various reasons.

Nowadays, I just wonder if I'm alone or if we can merge some works all togethers. My door is open. Have a look, there is still plenty of works to do here or there. Just Trent speeches, this is enormous. And probably some tickets/poster/passes/setlist/press/photos still not here. And the fan part is empty and only depends on you. I'm looking for fan from Toronto for example as I would love having a Proquest access to toronto press archive ; from France this is impossible.

I was quite disappointed of how you seem to not care of this site or just not want being part of it. This is why I was away and sad.

So this is a last call. I would love that some people add their own work so we can have a global view of NIN live.

I have nothing to earn : there is no advertising on the site, i'm not a trader/tapers or anything. I'm not even sure being a huge NIN fan. I don't even want to be close to the band or something like this (who care of a french guy). No, this is just a site for everyone by everyone and this is a pleasure for me and I want the community being proud of this.

I can understand some people think I'm a thief or I use other's work. This is mainly false : you can't imagine how I searched everywhere outside of NIN sites ! I have found a lot of tickets/posters/press by myself but now i will need help for various parts. It's clear I have used some others work, just i order to have a better view and I go further their work.

So please, it's time to tell me if i'm staying alone or if we can have a global NIN live site made by everyone !

I don't care staying alone but I would be really sad to do all this work for just me.

i'm waiting for your answers, your remarks, your opinion.
After this post, I will know.
Hey, I just signed up, very nice site! Just wanted to know, can I add shows I've been to without ranking/commenting on it? Thanks!

CAMEO172
04-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Actually, $3 is the Saturday dancerama DJ show.

I read too quickly ! at the first sight this is not clear, mosltly because of the bottom line.

I add here that now all ninlive record are online : 1048 audio and 400 videos

you can now have a quite nice page here : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-all-live-audio/
with all audio on each show. You have the same for video (pro or audience).

I will also added indication about the most complet record for each show, just in order to know of we have at least one complet record or not.

I have to scan all the records to add this indication depending on songs missing/cut or little record.. it need a few hours/days !
In the record list for each show, you will then also see for each record how long it is. At this time, i only test this feature on the last LA show.

For the fun (or not) you can also have the complet list (according to ninlive) of each taper.
for example : https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/taper/notorioustimp/

I have to check but notorioustimp must be the number one !

TheBang
04-22-2020, 06:09 AM
OK, so now I understand why there are some weird errors on NIN Historian for the Hate tour. It turns out that he apparently used this Meat Beat Manifesto tour date listing (http://www.digitalchemist.com/mbm/history/1990.shtml) (or whatever its predecessor may have been) to "fill in holes" in the NIN touring schedule. The problem is that at multiple points during the tour, MBM diverged from NIN to play their own headlining side shows, rejoining NIN as the opening act later in the tour, and it's not always clear in those MBM listings whether the date is as an opener or a headliner. And, of course, all those errors propagated to NIN Tour History, NIN Live, and Setlist.fm.

So, in order to unfuck the 2 schedules, I basically had to go through the whole MBM schedule on that site, and try to corroborate each date. Either with newspaper solicitations already uncovered on HiH, or other newspapers I had to seek out to confirm MBM headlining shows. I filled out the whole 1990 North America touring schedule for MBM on setlist.fm (https://www.setlist.fm/search?page=2&query=artist:%28Meat+Beat+Manifesto%29+date:%5B199 0-01-01+TO+1990-12-31%5D), with newspaper citations in the notes for each confirmed show, so we can be sure the show took place and whether it was as an opener or headliner.

So, we can see that the Meat Beat Manifesto schedule introduced the following errors into NIN Historian's listings:
7/12 Green Parrot
7/19 City Gardens
7/19 Axis
7/20 Foufounes
7/25 1227

And one that we're not yet sure of. We don't yet know if the Bermudas date was a MBM/NIN show or a MBM headliner:
7/24 Bermudas

Now, for the interesting stuff on July 12. We previously uncovered solicitations (as late as one month before the concert date) for a NIN show at Chestnut Cabaret (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/philadelphia-july-12-1990/) on that date. However, that show never took place. I discovered that The Morning Call newspaper published full concert listings by venue every Thursday. Unfortunately, the June 28 paper (https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206624/the-morning-call/) ( and earlier weeks) only listed concerts at Chestnut Cabaret out through July 7. And, for some reason, the paper didn't publish concert listings the next week on July 5. Fortunately, they did publish concert listings in the July 12 paper (https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206641/the-morning-call/), and we can see that 3 other bands booked and played Chestnut Cabaret that night, and NIN did not play. So, what happened? Well, the most likely answer is the July 14th show at Drexel University. The two venues are only half a mile apart (https://goo.gl/maps/m5QaXAb52vfNjT8FA), so Drexel probably took precedence over Chestnut Cabaret. Drexel was probably a late booking, and they either moved the Chestnut Cabaret show there for some reason (capacity?) or cancelled Chestnut Cabaret in lieu of the Drexel show (offered a better payday?).

It was probably cancelled soon after that June 10th newspaper solicitation, because there was enough time to rebook those 3 bands at Chestnut Cabaret on July 12, and there was also time for MBM to book a side gig at Green Parrot on July 12. NIN Historian took that July 12 Green Parrot date as a NIN/MBM show, but fortunately, we have the Asbury Park Press publishing the night's acts at Green Parrot on Page 1 every day, and we can see that that concert was a MBM-only show (https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49206073/asbury-park-press/). So what did NIN do on July 12? As far as I can tell, they took it as an off-day.

TheBang
04-22-2020, 06:34 AM
And so now I know all the major sources of errors in NIN Historian for all the early dates.

For JAMC tour, he apparently took the dates off the tour t-shirt (or an early itinerary made around the same time as the t-shirt), so later changes, like the 2nd NYC show and the Philadelphia show, were not reflected in that.

For the Peter Murphy tour, he apparently took a lot of dates from here (http://www.angelfire.com/music2/petermurphy/gigmain.html). You can see how some of the incorrect dates line up exactly with what's listed on NIN Historian, and other things like the same dates missing venue names on both this and NIN Historian.

And for the Hate tour, the aforementioned mashing together of NIN and MBM tour schedules.

TheBang
04-22-2020, 06:54 AM
Ticket stub you're missing: http://nintourhistory.com/uploads/tickets/153931681612nin1990-07-20ticket.jpg

CAMEO172
04-22-2020, 08:48 AM
What a great work TheBang ! We are a great team with the help of newspapers.com :o

You now understand my work where I prefer having hole that wrong dates. it's difficult to remove, easier to add with proofs.

I gonna change the July 12 to cancelled. The work you have done is awesome. It's a good idea to check the date wasn't cancelled this way !
Do you mind searching inside Courrier Post or Philadelphia Daily this date on July 12 for 3 bands, just to add a few more proofs of the change.

About Peter Murphy, I just add two news proofs to each show : the official T shirt Tour and a Press release for the tour. There is only one date (April 02) that is not on these two new proofs. The press release is probably a little more older as the 3 last dates had to be announced.

TheBang
04-23-2020, 07:26 AM
Do you mind searching inside Courrier Post or Philadelphia Daily this date on July 12 for 3 bands, just to add a few more proofs of the change.
There are no listings for Chestnut Cabaret July 12 in those papers. Searching by the 3 band names show a number of other dates at other venues in the area for the bands, so they must all be local bands.

About Peter Murphy, I just add two news proofs to each show : the official T shirt Tour and a Press release for the tour.
Nice

fillow
04-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Am I the only one who can't see the custom icons on this website? Tried different browsers from different PCs, still seeing the same:

https://i.imgur.com/nYhzWmI.png

TheBang
04-23-2020, 07:50 AM
I think they're just supposed to be colored boxes, not icons.

CAMEO172
04-23-2020, 08:48 AM
This is a particular font added by the website.. si this is letter tricks in fact no .jpg. Have you any error when loading a page ?

CAMEO172
04-23-2020, 08:53 AM
There are no listings for Chestnut Cabaret July 12 in those papers. Searching by the 3 band names show a number of other dates at other venues in the area for the bands, so they must all be local bands.

Nice

I remembered one time having found a strange promo : same date but different venue. I wonder if this is not this day.... once i get back newspaper.com i will scan press around june and july 1990

fillow
04-23-2020, 09:18 AM
This is a particular font added by the website.. si this is letter tricks in fact no .jpg. Have you any error when loading a page ?

Yes, actually. A whole lot of errors with fonts.

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://file.concertsenboite.fr/wp-content/themes/modularity/font/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).

downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "FontAwesome" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:1): bad URI or cross-site access not allowed source: https://file.concertsenboite.fr/wp-content/themes/modularity/font/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2

...repeated a few times for different font names

CAMEO172
04-23-2020, 09:28 AM
I understood the error and fixed it..normally.. tell me if this is ok from your side.

fillow
04-23-2020, 11:41 AM
Yes. Looks much better now.

fillow
04-24-2020, 08:51 AM
I think this may be of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDxi03D0U1U

Also pinging ninlive if he would like to screenshot some ticket stubs and other random info.

This was previously seeded on Bowie Station as shitty quality scans of b/w version of this book.

TheBang
04-24-2020, 01:13 PM
I think this may be of interest:

Also pinging @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) if he would like to screenshot some ticket stubs and other random info.Good stuff in here. FYI, there is a PDF of it linked in the YouTube description

TheBang
04-25-2020, 09:56 AM
So, I've updated the tour date listings with all the latest corrections on NIN Wiki, NIN Live, Setlist.fm, and Wikipedia. The only major places that still have a lot of the old, incorrect information are NIN Historian (will never be updated) and NIN Tour History (has ignored most of my submissions).

Here is what I see as the major remaining issues that need more information or clarification:

1990/01/28 Portland, OR Pine Street Theatre - Did NIN open? Probably not, but will we be able to find out for sure?
1990/04/04 Phantasy - Cleveland OH - Was there a 2nd date? I'm inclined to say know, but I can't figure out why NIN Historian would say there was.
1990/04/21 Manhattan College - New York, NY - Though we're fairly confident it happened, it would be nice to get newspaper confirmation for this. May only be possible by visiting the Manhattan College library for physical archives of the student newspaper.
1990/07/24 Bermudas - Milwaukee, WI - Was this a NIN/MBM show or just a MBM side show? This should be eminently knowable as soon as we get access to the newspapers.
1994/03/27 After Dark, Honolulu, HI - Did the 2nd show really happen? No solicitations. I know someone who worked security for this show. We talked about it when he saw me wearing a NIN shirt. I just need to look up his contact info and ask him if he remembers if there were 2 shows.
1995/11/11 St. Petersburg, FL Jannus Landing - Did this happen as scheduled?
1995/11/27 Corpus Christi, TX Cantina Santa Fe - I think this date is very fake, but how to confirm?

1988 dates - I don't know if we'll ever know everything about these dates.
1989 dates - I don't know if we'll ever know everything about these dates.

CAMEO172
04-25-2020, 01:09 PM
1) 1990/01/28 : the only chance is having a review on newspaper.. probably impossible. But i'm also nearly sure this is a wrong date
2) 1990/04/04 : don't even list it as I don't have any info.. may add this date as unsure
3) 1990/04/21 : maybe one day the studen newspaper will be online
4) 1990/07/24 : no idea about his date
5) 1994/03/27 : Honolulu Star Bulletin in 2007 seems clear about two dates. i do remember a long article i can't find anymore and talking about two dates. for me this is nearly sure.
6) 1995/11/11 & 1995/11/27 : will probably add this date as unsure, just to keep the info. This is nearly impossible to find infos on newspapers. a ticket would be great

piggy
04-25-2020, 05:12 PM
1995/11/11 St. Petersburg, FL Jannus Landing - Did this happen as scheduled?
We have no reason to think that it didn't. I just put that bit saying "(show went on as planned?)" simply for keeping track of what we know and don't know. I should probably take it off.

FULLMETAL
04-25-2020, 06:13 PM
I remember being at work & calling everyone I knew in Orlando trying in vain to get a ticket to The Edge in '95. I was living in Tampa & would have likely heard about a local show in St.Pete before Orlando.

That said, I thought I did some research looking through the Tampa Tribune/Times... but that may have been for another topic. Alas, with the Covid-19 lockdown none of our physical library resources are available & I can't seem to find any freebie sites at the moment.

*edit* Here's the post: #5463 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/733-Random-NIN-Questions?p=447127#post447127) Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an archive for local versions of Creative Loafing.

TheBang
04-25-2020, 09:33 PM
We have no reason to think that it didn't. I just put that bit saying "(show went on as planned?)" simply for keeping track of what we know and don't know. I should probably take it off.
Given everything that happened on that Florida leg, it’s probably better to get some kind of proof than assume that anything happened according to the original plan.

I remember being at work & calling everyone I knew in Orlando trying in vain to get a ticket to The Edge in '95. I was living in Tampa & would have likely heard about a local show in St.Pete before Orlando.

[...]

*edit* Here's the post: #5463 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/733-Random-NIN-Questions?p=447127#post447127) Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an archive for local versions of Creative Loafing.
^^^ Case in point, it seems there’s a very real possibility that it didn’t happen.

piggy
04-26-2020, 12:20 AM
Good points, all.

bobbie solo
04-26-2020, 02:05 AM
if this sounds naive or you've thought of it already, then I apologize. Any attempts to reach out to someone who was in the NIN orbit proper back then? Management, booking agent, label folk, etc? Some people here are plugged in directly to the NIN camp in some small ways. If there ever was a time that someone might be willing to give out some help on a such harmless topic, now would be it.

fillow
04-26-2020, 02:14 AM
Every band should a member with a nerd level of Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater. The guy actually kept track of setlists for every show they ever played since 1988 or so, and posted all this data online when internet became a thing.

TheBang
04-26-2020, 04:32 AM
if this sounds naive or you've thought of it already, then I apologize. Any attempts to reach out to someone who was in the NIN orbit proper back then? Management, booking agent, label folk, etc? Some people here are plugged in directly to the NIN camp in some small ways. If there ever was a time that someone might be willing to give out some help on a such harmless topic, now would be it.
Wow, you actually got me to remember Souix Zimmerman (SouixZ). She's done PR for NIN forever. She started in PR at TVT, and Trent in his tweets mentioned she was the one who booked them on Dance Party USA in 1989. After that she founded Formula PR and then Magnum PR, and to this day, I think she's still doing PR for NIN at UG Strategies after they acquired Magnum PR. I have some weak second order connections to her on Facebook, but nothing that I'm comfortable exploiting. Does anyone have any direct links or relationship to her?

CAMEO172
04-26-2020, 02:10 PM
I'm in touch for some (maybe) infos about the sonic NY.

Last infos for a first chat :

"Sure, SONIC or SONIC's was a short-lived club on the western end of West 21st street in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. I was interning at SPIN at the time, and had latched onto a promo CD of PRETTY HATE MACHINE early before its release. So, when I heard they were playing, I was game to check them out. The club, at the time, was fairly cheesy The walls and interior decor were printed to look like the surface of the moon, for some inexplicable reason. NIN put on a typically great show. Shortly afterwards, Sonic changed hands and the venue became a much cooler venture called The Marquee, where it lasted for about two or three years. After that, it became Latino dance club, then a theatre, then an art gallery. Then it was torn down, and condo was built over its footprint."

CAMEO172
05-05-2020, 08:10 AM
I'm (quite slowly) working on support acts of NIN shows (including festival for fun).

A few first remarks :

- I can't find any echo of Chemlab in 1990/1991. Each time there is a link between NIN and Chemlab, NIN_historian is in the middle.. but can we trust him for this very particular infos. I have reviews of some of these shows, a quite good proof when the support acts is written

- Club Nu July 03 1990 seems to be the very first Marilyn Manson support act with NIN. It even seems a demo tape was given to trent (according to the MM wiki). At this time, I don't know if MBM was a second support act. MM seems to play after 10 pm and that's probably why NIN played after midnight after a little late debut of MM and stage switch. This is another reason proving July 04 Club Nu didn't exist.
It proove great work made by The Bang about 1990 dates. I will check again according to support acts. Doing this (on free support) I have found a probably cancelled date on march 16. the switch between JAMC and Peter murphy leg isn't so clear as NIN is indicated for both of them for the march 16 show (but the Peter murphy seems older ad and JAMC after) !

- a lot of mistakes in setlist.fm. NINJA tour always add The dillinger escape plan as support act. It seems to be Street Sweeper Social Club
This is really strange having such mistake for not so old gigs.. Or I miss something..

- I'm still wonder which band had shared the more shows with NIN. This is probably The Jesus and Mary Chain. i still don't have the count as 2018 isn't clear for me but there are more than 60 dates for sure ! But Marilyn Manson isn't too far (more or less 65 dates) and The Jim Rose Circus too (probably around 70).

- where have you found support act for European 1994 dates / japan dates ? really not easy to find.

TheBang
05-06-2020, 07:20 AM
Here's a post about someone seeing Chemlab open for NIN at Stardust Ballroom:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/qpbJiR49MOA/kqvoh-ghNecJ

That would have been 1991-02-05 and 1991-02-06, the same general time period NIN Historian is saying they opened.

There are also references in the old NIN FAQ about Chemlab opening in 1991:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/qpbJiR49MOA/kqvoh-ghNecJ

TheBang
05-06-2020, 07:49 AM
Regarding setlist.fm, where does it say DEP as support on NINJA tour? I didn't see any dates that said that.

Regarding March 16, 1990, this site lists "The Last Laugh" as support act for Peter Murphy:
http://www.bauhausgigguide.info/gig.php?gid=863

Now, that site has a fair number of errors, so I wouldn't trust the information 100%. OTOH, however, if you look through the other surrounding dates on that site, most of them don't have support act information added to them. Which means, having "The Last Laugh" listed for Mar. 16 must have had some supporting information basis for adding it, and not just a willy-nilly careless mass editing of information or something like that.

CAMEO172
05-06-2020, 07:54 AM
The_bang,

thanks a lot. Once again you are here !

You gave the same link twice. can you tell me where I can read the old NIN FAQ.

I can't agree for 1991-02-05 : this is "Fixed Image" on flyer and newspapers.
no info for 1991-02-05

since yesterday, if you list shows by legs, I added the bands sharing the stage (support act or headliner, no difference for me).

For the Sin tour : https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/sin-tour/
Hate tour : https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/hate-tour/

CAMEO172
05-06-2020, 08:03 AM
March 16 1990 : this is 99% sure NIN was with JAMC. They were at boulder with JAMC a very few weeks before and March 16 is a date in Detroit. Definitly greater for NIN ! And newspapers infos is quite "old".. but I found funny that it wasn't really clear or they decided to change at the last time. According to me this is great info for NIN tour history.

I will search for Peter Murphy newspapers infos in 1990. I'm pretty sure I will find a definitive proof of the change of first act.

Setlist.fm : i fuck up ! my fault. I prefer ! I mixed my google search with 2014 setlist dates.

TheBang
05-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Sorry, here’s the NIN FAQ:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/TnQhHYplM3o/KUZwa4BL2j0J

i agree for Mar 16 that they were with JAMC. I think plans were being adjusted very last minute as to when they would join Peter Murphy on tour.

TheBang
05-06-2020, 02:35 PM
CAMEO172, if you want an additional project, you can try to find all the Pigface dates that Trent (and Chris, apparently) performed at. I went through newspapers.com and added many early Pigface dates that were missing to setlist.fm (with citations in the comments)

There isn’t a lot of proof as to which dates they were at, but several newspaper articles said that an upcoming performance of Pigface included “members of ... Nine Inch Nails ...”. We know Trent was at the Metropol date because there’s video. We also know that by the Manray date he had left the tour, because there is a recording of that show and he is not on it.

Also, the newspaper articles stop touting Nine Inch Nails members at that time, so they could be accurate as to when Trent was appearing. Anyway, I think there could be 2-4 additional Pigface dates during that period that are still missing.

TheBang
05-20-2020, 06:48 AM
Article for the Odeon:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.music.nin/yxXneP01riM/CC8ksfp5RmUJ
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/cleveland-december-28-1994/

CAMEO172
05-21-2020, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the link.
I can't find Plain dealer scan after 1991. That's why this article wasn't in the database. I will add it and maybe one day beeing able to have access of scan.
I have found this site http://nl.newsbank.com/sites/cpdb/ and I can at least list article dealing with NIN after 1991

probably need a CPL access at cleveland.. in fact I may need CPL access in nearly everytown in order to check a lot of newspapers

CAMEO172
06-09-2020, 07:25 AM
I'm looking for any tour itinerary scans as venue and date information ! Wonder if anyone got some of them and are ready to scan them.

At this time I have put Lollapalooza 91 from Jane's Addiction Itinerary and also Fragilty 2000 US tour part 2 (from my personal item).

Thanks in advance dear community.

CAMEO172
06-21-2020, 03:08 PM
Just added the NIN Outside Tour Itinerary ! Have to add some pages of the Bowie itinerary (nearly identical).

A LOT of newspapers to add in the next days and now nearly sure the Helter Shelter 1991 video is on the day before (February 5 not 6). Would love having access to the Hollywood Reporter archive for maybe an other proof, but already have a new one to put online.

CAMEO172
06-22-2020, 04:33 AM
here is nearly all I can say about February 06 1991 show (after midnight) : https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/los-angeles-06-february-1991/
There are a partial video of this night from Hard Copy team (if Trent is true in the interview from Mondo 2000)

The know great record isn't from this night for sure, but this is the day before (also after midnight).

Don't know if anyone mind of this search I did

TheBang
06-22-2020, 06:56 PM
here is nearly all I can say about February 06 1991 show (after midnight) : https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/los-angeles-06-february-1991/
There are a partial video of this night from Hard Copy team (if Trent is true in the interview from Mondo 2000)
Wow, great detective work, finding the Mondo article, and then connecting the few sentences in there to the Hard Copy video containing video from the 2nd night.

I compared the Hard Copy video to the World Rockumentary video, and almost certainly they are of two different nights. You can compare the brief snippet of Sin which is pretty visible in both videos:

"Within, take in
The extent of my sin

You give me the anger..."

And although Trent's head is moving in the same direction in both, you can see in the World Rockumentary video that one hand briefly comes off of the mic each time he turns his head left or right, and in the Hard Copy video, both hands appear to remain on the mic the entire time. Also, when he backs up as the chorus ends and the 2nd verse starts, in the Hard Copy video, he jerks the mic back hard, and in the World Rockumentary video, it's more of a smooth motion bringing the mic back with him. Also, in the Hard Copy video, it looks like several people in the crowd in front of him are crowd surfing or sitting on shoulders. In the World Rockumentary video, it looks like everyone in the crowd is firmly on the ground.

Also, considering the fact that World Rockumentary's soundcheck footage appears to be in the midst of load-in (which would not be happening on the 2nd day), and that presumably they filmed that same night, it seems a completely reasonable conclusion that World Rockumentary is from Night 1 and Hard Copy is from Night 2.

CAMEO172
06-22-2020, 11:50 PM
You compare both video quicker than me ! I wanted to do this today.

The other main reason Rockumentary is from the first night is that there are no nude women. It's seems to be during at least "Get Down, Make Love" according to an article even if I need the Hollywood reporter article for maybe more details. Since a long time I have a trouble about this World Rockumentary video but Mondo article is the perfect proof I was missing (and hard copy video too).

In the mondo Interview, Trent spoke of a moment in the first night where he stopped the gig and yelled on Security guys. I can't be sure but I think this is during The Only Time when I can understand something like "this is a fucking show, fuck you" near the end of the song and maybe also at the beginning of Get Down, Make Love but I do not understand.

I would love seeing these security guy trouble : audience seems against the stage so where are they ?

Trent deals with a third show in the mondo article where he had this idea of syrup. For me this is not during the Jane's Addiction support on February 04 but at Tijuana on february 03. The review is clear on the fact this gig begun really late (the 7-11 waiting is good) but this review doesn't deal with the syrup moment.. a pity..

CAMEO172
06-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Holly fuck !!
Just find another fabulous 1990 interview !

need to analyse it, it may remove 2 shows according to Trent own words ! Will be online tomorrow, with a rare 1990 review from an obscure fanzine

TheBang
06-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Trent deals with a third show in the mondo article where he had this idea of syrup. For me this is not during the Jane's Addiction support on February 04 but at Tijuana on february 03. The review is clear on the fact this gig begun really late (the 7-11 waiting is good) but this review doesn't deal with the syrup moment.. a pity..
Actually, I think the syrup incident probably is the Jane’s show. First of all, 7-11 was called Super 7 in Mexico until 1995:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven#Mexico

Secondly, Richard said his brother, Robert, was going to be at the show. In fact, at the point in time, he would’ve been near the end of principal photography for Terminator 2, which was filming in the LA area. He would not have traveled to Tijuana to see a show.

CAMEO172
06-24-2020, 03:57 AM
7-11 was in my mind a 7 hours / 11 hours waiting.. Didn't understand it was a store. So ok, it can be the night before Helter Skelter, during Jane's show. Moreover, Tijuana reporter didn't deal with this particular moment (i would probably if it happened).

I will probably added Mondo interview as echo (to confirm) of the jane's support show.

I don't understand the relationship between Robert Patrick and the syrup.

TheBang
06-24-2020, 04:41 AM
I don't understand the relationship between Robert Patrick and the syrup.
Oh, it was just that Trent said, "Hey Richie, I've got a special surprise for you tonight!", and Richie was like "No man, please don't do anything that would make me look stupid in front of my brother, who will be here tonight!"

CAMEO172
06-24-2020, 06:28 AM
Oh, it was just that Trent said, "Hey Richie, I've got a special surprise for you tonight!", and Richie was like "No man, please don't do anything that would make me look stupid in front of my brother, who will be here tonight!"

excuse me.. don’t be aware of this sentence ! So this is more or less confirm

CAMEO172
06-25-2020, 10:02 AM
Adding proof that Montreal 1990-04-18 is the last support for Peter Murphy ! (including a nice interview and a review of NY 1990-07-16)

I have found an event poster for Boulder 1990-03-16.. have a doubt this is the real first peter murphy support and Detroit is not a JAMC support.. but the journey between cleveland (a day before) and boulder is phenomenal !... need more proof for sure

TheBang
06-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Adding proof that Montreal 1990-04-18 is the last support for Peter Murphy ! (including a nice interview and a review of NY 1990-07-16)
I sent messages to two people who indicated on setlist.fm that they attended 2 or 3 of those last Peter Murphy shows, asking if they remembered if NIN opened or not. Hopefully, I'll get a response.

I have found an event poster for Boulder 1990-03-16.. have a doubt this is the real first peter murphy support and Detroit is not a JAMC support.. but the journey between cleveland (a day before) and boulder is phenomenal !... need more proof for sure
Yeah, that really kind of blurs when the transition happened. Cain's Ballroom on Mar. 18 pretty much for sure had NIN opening, because all 4 people on setlist.fm who indicated they attended Peter Murphy also marked themselves as seeing the NIN show. So, the question is, did Boulder have NIN or not, and which date is the actual last for JAMC? One of those solicitations has to be wrong, because there's no way they could have done both Boulder and Detroit on the same day.

There's one person on setlist.fm who indicates he saw both JAMC and NIN in Detroit. And one different person on nintourhistory who said they attended the Detroit show.

TheBang
06-25-2020, 05:29 PM
That article mentions a cover story of NIN on "The Buzz" out of Albany, NY in December 1989. I think it must be this newsletter: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/50245430/in-this-issue-mission-albany-colonie-regional-chamber-of-

But I'm not sure where you could find 1989 archives of it.

CAMEO172
06-26-2020, 03:11 AM
It's so great having 1990 review dealing with NIN, even if it's nearly always a bad review.

Adding 2 JAMC/NIN Florida 1990 reviews and some Peter Murphy promo. Strangely it spoke of 5 gigs of JAMC in the area in 1990.. I count only 4 between February 15 and February 18.
Maybe a date on February 19 or February 20.. or maybe a mistake of the reviewer...

No fanzines (or even newspapers) at this time never deal with NIN in 1989 minus Club China well documented..

the first real echos are always during the JAMC or Peter Murphy support !

I keep digging : I will find more for sure

FULLMETAL
07-08-2020, 09:11 PM
From Billboard Magazine February 3, 1990.

https://i.imgur.com/S9VLPXT.jpg

tricil
07-08-2020, 09:36 PM
From Billboard Magazine February 3, 1990.

https://i.imgur.com/S9VLPXT.jpg

Quasi-Homeboy

CAMEO172
07-08-2020, 11:11 PM
This is really a very valuable press clipping ! I do have an other scan. yours is probably better but i'm lazy to change it :)

I have taken a lot of concert grosses from Billboard magazine !

FULLMETAL
07-09-2020, 01:49 AM
Billboard magazine July 21, 1990:

https://i.imgur.com/Vd4nKYS.png

CAMEO172
07-09-2020, 01:55 AM
Fabulous !! this one is unknown ! thanks !! I added today

TheBang
07-09-2020, 04:18 AM
I see 2 SOLD OUT dates on there that are unknown. New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL. Need to find out what happened to those two dates. Too bad that ad doesn’t have venues too.

CAMEO172
07-09-2020, 04:43 AM
I see 2 SOLD OUT dates on there that are unknown. New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL. Need to find out what happened to those two dates. Too bad that ad doesn’t have venues too.

And no proof for Milwaukee ! This is not a radical proof as some gigs are missing like Chicago and Cleveland

we will never see the end :) but we are closer (to god !).

I have working on 1988 dates.. at least one date (Detroit) is wrong for sure. This is a day after Cleveland and according to audience, no NIN this night !

FULLMETAL
07-12-2020, 02:58 PM
Found some more 1990 ads in Billboard #1496 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/278-General-Collecting-Questions?p=501696#post501696)

One mentions being on tour with Peter Murphy through April 24 & the other has a blurb about being on tour through the summer. Probably not new information, but thought I make note just in case.

CAMEO172
08-11-2020, 04:41 AM
I'm more than happy after finding great live pictures (and a flyer) from Hammerjacks 1991 !!
Not sure if theses pictures are known or not (but probably unknown).

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/baltimore-january-19-1991/

I may found picture from Cleveland January 1991 too but I can't be sure for the moment and my contact doesn't answer me.

I'm also nearly sure there is a video from Iguanas 1991. i have found a video of the support act and I can't image taper came only for this band.
I have also found a great flyer from this gig !

CAMEO172
08-19-2020, 04:30 AM
Huge updates in the last days with even more 1990 live pics (phantasy December and Metropol December). A real lot of old tickets added too. Also some Tour Itinerary (2000 europe, 2005 march->june and 2007 europe tomorrow)

According to a poster backstage at the Phantasy 12-28-90 show with a listing of Cleveland Gigs, I now do think March 15 is a wrong date, and probably March 16 too. NIN would stopped with JAMC after Boston on march 10 and begun with peter Murphy on March 16.. of course it needs definitive clues
April 04 Cleveland would also be a wrong date.

TheBang
08-19-2020, 02:48 PM
Interesting poster. Is there a difference between “Phantasy Niteclub“ and “Phantasy Theatre”?

CAMEO172
08-19-2020, 04:12 PM
from wikipedia :

"The Phantasy Entertainment Complex, consisting of the Phantasy Nite Club, The Chamber, Symposium, and Phantasy Theater, first opened in 1918 when it was known as the Homestead Theater"

CAMEO172
08-20-2020, 12:58 AM
I have found the radical proof from Scene magazine clipping : The velt is the support band of JAMC at Cleveland ! End of JAMC tour nearly sure at Boston now

TheBang
08-20-2020, 05:20 AM
End of JAMC tour nearly sure at Boston now
Absolutely agree. With NIN confirmed not going to Canada, and The Veldt confirmed as support for Mar. 15 Cleveland and Mar. 17 Chicago, it doesn't make any sense that NIN would have played Mar. 16 Detroit. Also, that poster with NIN solicited for Latin Quarter on April 8, but not on Mar. 16. So, yeah, JAMC support ended at Boston, and that also nicely clears up the conflict with Mar. 16 Boulder.

Edit: And the original date sources from NIN Historian were even unsure if NIN played on Mar. 16 and Mar. 17: https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_historian/tour_dates.html

Edit 2: Have you checked Mar. 12 San Fran and Mar. 14 Salt Lake City to see if NIN or someone else supported Peter Murphy there?

TheBang
08-20-2020, 05:59 AM
Nice find about Bermudas being a MBM-only show. The only thing that still makes me uncomfortable about that is that it opens up a 3-day hole in NIN's schedule, which is completely unusual on that tour. Everything else was only 1 or 2 days apart.

TheBang
08-20-2020, 06:13 AM
According to a poster backstage at the Phantasy 12-28-90 show with a listing of Cleveland Gigs
So, this poster is actually a handbill for the Jan. 1991 show at Phantasy. If you look really hard, you can read the printing on the reverse side of the paper. I can make out the following:

NOW
ONE MORE SHOW

nine inch nails

PHANTASY
THEATRE
TUESDAY JAN. 29

ON SALE NOW
AT ALL ... (can't read the rest. I assume it's a list of ticket outlets)
[NIN logo]

CAMEO172
08-20-2020, 06:55 AM
I'm not confortable on the difference between Handbill and Poster.... I still need to understand.

This "item" even can says that the Phantasy 1988 with Skinny Puppy is wrong !

By the way, this is a great week for NIN live history !

CAMEO172
08-20-2020, 07:01 AM
Edit 2: Have you checked Mar. 12 San Fran and Mar. 14 Salt Lake City to see if NIN or someone else supported Peter Murphy there?

Absolutely no but this is definitely a good question ! these are two dates not often seen online

Have you also seen the ticket for Manhattan College 04-21-90 ?
the end of Peter Murphy isn"t clear at this time, according to the Jersey Beat Interview it finisehd at Montreal but I have a doubt.

TheBang
08-20-2020, 07:20 AM
Have you also seen the ticket for Manhattan College 04-21-90 ?
the end of Peter Murphy isn"t clear at this time, according to the Jersey Beat Interview it finisehd at Montreal but I have a doubt.
Ah, I didn't see that ticket update, thanks. It's still unclear though, because the tickets were sold weeks if not months beforehand. We can see that as little as 8-10 days beforehand, NIN were still being solicited as the opener in the newspaper articles for Providence and Port Chester. If it was a last-minute decision by NIN to leave the tour in Canada, then that ticket doesn't prove anything. We really need a definitive review or to make contact with people who were at those shows to determine whether NIN was there or not. This one's going to be a really hard one to determine.

CAMEO172
08-20-2020, 07:50 AM
of course, that's why I put it as unsure.. I try to be in contact with the personn who scan the ticket.. But I need at least 2 confirmations..

I can, for example, read here or there that the Ritz JAMC show was great.. and I'm sure it was cancelled !
30 years later, all is blur !

CAMEO172
08-20-2020, 08:10 AM

I have already found the answer for SLC : A band called Nauvoo was the support band !

I gonna add this date just to remind NIN wasn't there

TheBang
08-20-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm not confortable on the difference between Handbill and Poster.... I still need to understand.
A handbill is the same thing as a flyer. A piece of paper that someone can hand out to a lot of people, or, for example, put in a pile at a record store for people to take. So, handbills are usually printed inexpensively on a plain piece of paper.

voidnz
08-21-2020, 08:26 AM
Got some press links for the New Zealand shows:

February 17 2009 : Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-february-17-2009/)
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/1403558/Nine-Inch-Nails-to-wave-goodbye-after-tour
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/2785524/Nails-perform-Spiral-at-farewell-show
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/744321/Trent-Reznor-finds-his-happy-place

March 22 2014 : CBS Canterbury Arena (Christchurch) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/christchurch-march-22-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/744321/Trent-Reznor-finds-his-happy-place)http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/9858650/Review-Nine-Inch-Nails-and-QOTSA

March 20 2014: TSB Bank Arena (Wellington) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/wellington-march-20-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/9858650/Review-Nine-Inch-Nails-and-QOTSA)http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/culture/9859105/Review-QOTSA-and-Nine-Inch-Nails

March 19 2014: Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-march-19-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/culture/9859105/Review-QOTSA-and-Nine-Inch-Nails)http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/1403655/Gig-review-i-Nine-Inch-Nails-i-in-Auckland

I will have a ticket from February 17 2009 : Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-february-17-2009/). Will just need to find.
also probably this one: September 15 2007 : Big Top Luna Park (Sydney) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/sydney-september-15-2007/)

voidnz
08-26-2020, 03:29 AM
Got some press links for the New Zealand shows:

February 17 2009 : Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-february-17-2009/)
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/1403558/Nine-Inch-Nails-to-wave-goodbye-after-tour
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/2785524/Nails-perform-Spiral-at-farewell-show
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/744321/Trent-Reznor-finds-his-happy-place

March 22 2014 : CBS Canterbury Arena (Christchurch) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/christchurch-march-22-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/744321/Trent-Reznor-finds-his-happy-place)http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/9858650/Review-Nine-Inch-Nails-and-QOTSA

March 20 2014: TSB Bank Arena (Wellington) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/wellington-march-20-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/9858650/Review-Nine-Inch-Nails-and-QOTSA)http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/culture/9859105/Review-QOTSA-and-Nine-Inch-Nails

March 19 2014: Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-march-19-2014/)
(http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/culture/9859105/Review-QOTSA-and-Nine-Inch-Nails)http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/1403655/Gig-review-i-Nine-Inch-Nails-i-in-Auckland

I will have a ticket from February 17 2009 : Vector Arena (Auckland) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/auckland-february-17-2009/). Will just need to find.
also probably this one: September 15 2007 : Big Top Luna Park (Sydney) - Oceania (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/sydney-september-15-2007/)

https://imgur.com/OgZ72ou
https://imgur.com/aLid4TR
https://imgur.com/OgZ72ou

CAMEO172
08-26-2020, 03:48 AM
Great !! Thanks !

do you Know if the press link can also print in newspapers ?

voidnz
08-28-2020, 05:23 AM
Yup it will have been in newspaper, old papers may be available at library. I can see if I can find at some point.

fillow
09-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Some 1995 shows reviews if you guys care for non-newspaper stuff
http://hnv.nin.net/hnv4/pit.html

The last one is the most interesting one I guess

tricil
09-02-2020, 05:27 PM
Some 1995 shows reviews if you guys care for non-newspaper stuff
http://hnv.nin.net/hnv4/pit.html

The last one is the most interesting one I guess

Yeah the last one seems to be the only source of the Fall 95 Club Tour setlist we’ve ever seen.

I guess the full-cavity-search searching might explain why we haven a single recording 15 years later.

Turns out there’s a legit scan of a setlist hiding on Happiness in heresy the whole time: https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/houston-november-04-1995/

When was this found?

Erneuert
09-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Yeah the last one seems to be the only source of the Fall 95 Club Tour setlist we’ve ever seen.

I guess the full-cavity-search searching might explain why we haven a single recording 15 years later.

Turns out there’s a legit scan of a setlist hiding on Happiness in heresy the whole time: https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/houston-november-04-1995/

When was this found?

I had no idea they used I Do Not Want This as a closer!

CAMEO172
09-03-2020, 03:52 AM
All of this is really funny and a good surprise : I had discovered Houston setlist sheet yesterday and today we have a review ! Life is full of fun !
I will add a link to this review and check others links.

I'm pretty sure of the sheet, obtained from a neutral source that have nothing to gain with a fake setlist.
This is at this time my main source : complete neutral source far from being fan.

TheBang
09-03-2020, 05:29 AM
I had no idea they used I Do Not Want This as a closer!
For Houston, at least, it sounds like they didn't. That review seems pretty clear that they walked off after Dead Souls, so it sounds like they ran out of time for "I Do Not Want This" (and "Physical" as a spare).

It looks like the reviewer got the setlist pretty close, with just a few out of order. I'm going to update Wiki and such with the order as shown on the printed setlist.

tricil
09-03-2020, 06:46 AM
All of this is really funny and a good surprise : I had discovered Houston setlist sheet yesterday and today we have a review ! Life is full of fun !
I will add a link to this review and check others links.

I'm pretty sure of the sheet, obtained from a neutral source that have nothing to gain with a fake setlist.
This is at this time my main source : complete neutral source far from being fan.

There is another scan on the site that uses the same font from night four of Los Angeles 1994.

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/los-angeles-october-7-1994/

Got any more of them ancient setlist scans?

Erneuert
09-03-2020, 07:28 AM
There is another scan on the site that uses the same font from night four of Los Angeles 1994.

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/los-angeles-october-7-1994/

March of the Pigs (with fast end).... don’t see that very often.

TheBang
09-04-2020, 05:51 AM
Billboard magazine July 21, 1990:
So, I've been thinking about this ad a little bit more. According to this (https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8071011/billboard-chart-magazine-dates-release-week-change), back then, "Billboard issues are dated to the Saturday in the week following shipment". That means that this issue of Billboard was published the week of July 8, 1990.

So, that means that in the ad, the 2 unknown dates, 6-29 New Orleans, and 7-2 Jacksonville FL were already in the past. Earlier, I was thinking that maybe there was a chance that this ad was from before the tour started and that maybe those 2 shows were cancelled. But now that I know that all those Sold Out shows are being listed after the fact, this pretty much confirms that those 2 shows did, in fact, take place.

CAMEO172
09-11-2020, 03:02 AM

As this is a really good question and it couldn't be clear on HIH, I update the Setlist/itinerary full listing with something more visual and easy.
At the first sight, you will see the known physical setlists in the site.

Thanks for this question and hope the answer is good enough :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-concert-papers/

fillow
09-11-2020, 06:02 AM
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/phoenix-may-27-2005/
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/phoenix-may-28-2005/

these two setlists look fake AF. Any story behind them?

tricil
09-11-2020, 07:12 AM
As this is a really good question and it couldn't be clear on HIH, I update the Setlist/itinerary full listing with something more visual and easy.
At the first sight, you will see the known physical setlists in the site.

Thanks for this question and hope the answer is good enough :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-concert-papers/

Yes, thank you for doing this! I was gonna suggest maybe separating setlists from live papers, but this works too. Thank you!

CAMEO172
09-11-2020, 07:48 AM
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/phoenix-may-27-2005/
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/phoenix-may-28-2005/

these two setlists look fake AF. Any story behind them?

this is also my opinion.. I was about to add a "fake?" after updating all setlist term this morning..

CAMEO172
09-11-2020, 07:49 AM
Yes, thank you for doing this! I was gonna suggest maybe separating setlists from live papers, but this works too. Thank you!

it would be too much sections and make it unreadable at the end

CAMEO172
10-08-2020, 02:49 AM

Both Dates are now checked with both at least a review. No NIN at these dates for sure now. Boulder as first NIN show with Peter Murphy need a definitive confirmation but it seems nearly sure as I got info Veldt did a few dates with JAMC after Canada dates.

I also found a new ad for a new venue in 1990 (DNA lounge in SF, advertising just a week before the show) but this date can't be good as NIN were with PM in Montreal.. I now wonder if the date was cancelled or have a new schedule... end of Peter Murphy dates are still a little blur so everything is possible.

All these new scans are not online.. I will add them today or tomorrow.

TheBang
10-16-2020, 09:32 PM
Well, look at this. I was reading through The Making of Pretty Hate Machine & The Downward Spiral (https://www.amazon.com/Making-Pretty-Machine-Downward-Spiral/dp/1896522319), and there is the Boulder transition to Peter Murphy right there.

CAMEO172
10-17-2020, 12:16 AM
I'm proud of us ! my search is so deep I will miss nothing.. this is just a question of time.

I'm doing a huge stats view updates inside shows/legs/years : clearer this way

spahn
10-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Well, look at this. I was reading through The Making of Pretty Hate Machine & The Downward Spiral (https://www.amazon.com/Making-Pretty-Machine-Downward-Spiral/dp/1896522319), and there is the Boulder transition to Peter Murphy right there.

what an excellent page of information!

eversonpoe
10-23-2020, 11:30 AM

wow i really need to read that book.

also, "mr. cheekbones" is the best nickname i've ever heard for peter murphy hahaha

CAMEO172
11-16-2020, 04:07 PM
I have kind of fun since a week : I add all ticket prices for each show (still under construction.. need at least one week).

For the moment, I do a ticket price graph for tour legs. Probably not very useful, but funny.

Some examples :
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/dissonance-tour/
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/nin-soundgarden-2014-tour/
https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/fragility-1999-where-the-fuck-were-you/

But I will also do it for each year once my idea are clear of how I can show so much dates at once

I will do the same for attendance, even if it's difficult to have a real number.

FULLMETAL
11-16-2020, 04:28 PM
I will do the same for attendance, even if it's difficult to have a real number.

The following posts have all the NIN Boxscore data I could find from Billboard magazine: #136 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=205342#post205342) #230 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=232784#post232784) #232 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=243524#post243524) #239 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=440011#post440011)

CAMEO172
11-16-2020, 04:43 PM
The following posts have all the NIN Boxscore data I could find from Billboard magazine: #136 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=205342#post205342) #230 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=232784#post232784) #232 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=243524#post243524) #239 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Nine-Inch-Nails-concert-attendance?p=440011#post440011)

nearly sure they are all already in the database ;)

but even boxscore is not really attendance : this is only the paid ticket.. you can have 100/200 guests/press with free ticket..

CAMEO172
12-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Just found a completely new date in 1990 !! #happy

TheBang
12-10-2020, 05:04 AM
Just found a completely new date in 1990 !! #happy
Well, don't leave us in suspense. Which date?

CAMEO172
12-10-2020, 06:35 AM
July 25 1990.. I will put the ticket online in a few hours

TheBang
12-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Nice! That fills in that hole nicely. After the loss of the Bermudas date, it bothered me that there were 3 days between shows, which was too long.

FULLMETAL
01-31-2021, 01:52 AM
Someone purchased this lot (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-15-Piece-Original-Concert-Ad-Lot-1989-2005-Trent-Reznor-/133640832870) of old concert listings from the NJ area. Not sure if HiH has this information, but wanted to post to be safe.

CAMEO172
01-31-2021, 02:14 AM
Thanks a lot ! After a first quick look, at least 2 NEW dates and one unsure now with proof !
Very valuable infos !

Will work tonight with these new papers

TheBang
01-31-2021, 04:00 PM
Wow, a new 1989 date, nice. Dec. 10, 1989, The Loop Lounge in Passaic, NJ. There was actually some circumstantial evidence of the gig already available out there if you knew to Google for "Loop Lounge Nine Inch Nails":

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/373-Broadway-Passaic-NJ/20381865/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-loop-lounge-passaic?start=20
https://unwinnable.com/2011/08/17/when-it%E2%80%99s-time-to-party-we-will-party-hard/

As for the other new 1989 date, I've been unable to find anything online about this "375" club, other than this one video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpf-TjBTB5A

Possible address for the club is 375 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ, which is currently a Popeye's Chicken. In the back half of the building it has the Stress Factory Comedy Club (technically at address 90 Church St.). Perhaps Club 375 was in the Stress Factory area, or maybe the front part of the building (where Popeye's is) was a club space back then too?

What is the unsure date? I didn't see anything that contradicted any information we have on any other dates.

TheBang
01-31-2021, 05:17 PM
So, I tracked down the bass player from Transilvia and messaged him on SoundCloud, and he responded within minutes! He confirmed that Club 375 was, in fact, in that building, in the space where Stress Factory Comedy Club is now.

CAMEO172
02-01-2021, 05:42 AM
What is the unsure date? I didn't see anything that contradicted any information we have on any other dates.

until now, there was not radical visual proof for the Sonic date so I prefer listed it as unsure even if there was strong echos

CAMEO172
02-01-2021, 05:49 AM
I found this about club 375.. don't even know if I have to add "club" or only 375...

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/417009_303802346349626_1837143553_n.jpg?_nc_cat=11 1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=mI_ozx8Ya_sAX-B5dPO&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=bbf5e367c8cdc1ec3074dfaa85f2d743&oe=603C4B86

CAMEO172
05-08-2021, 09:23 AM
Some new pages in the last months :

- ALL NIN birthday on stage : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-birthday-on-stage/
Just funny

- Trent Banters : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-song-banters/
search by songs or by text.
Have fun checking the word "fuck" or "dick" or "thank" or anything else.
Of course there is still a lot of work, as only a little more than 100 shows have banters (partial or complete).
Any help more than welcome !

- All covers made by NIN : https://happinessinheresy.com/live-covers-by-nin/

and as usual a lot of new tickets / poster / pass /Tshirts / Press clippings and soon some tour itineraries
Any help more than welcome from your own collection ;)

Jon
06-01-2021, 11:00 AM
What a great site!

I noticed while looking around that the pre-encore banter for April 26, 2000 (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/chicago-april-26-2000/) is slightly incorrect. Here is the correct version:

Thank you...

Hey, after the last show we played in Chicago, we like to keep a few copies of the Chicago Sun-Times around on the bus in case we need to wipe our ass with something...

And, I found out that we're very unfashionable, and it's not fashionable to be unhappy in the year 2000...

If being fashionable is sounding (like) what's on the fucking radio, I'm happy to not fit in. And, I thank you for coming out...

Here's some more unfashionable music for you unfashionable people...

The like is in parentheses because he stumbles through the word, but he does say it.

CAMEO172
06-01-2021, 11:56 AM
I'm working hard on banters since 2 or 3 weeks. I try to add banters of daily past shows.. it's funny.. Nearly 200 gigs done.. not so much :(

I also add this page for this particular part of the site : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-song-banters/

It's funny to see that after nearly all Hurt, there is a "thank you" !
You can also search for every "fuck".. even if a lot of banters are still missing.. it will be a 1 year work, 3h a day !

..but...

never forget I'm a poor french alone. English isn"t my mother language..
It will be a great pleasure to have help (and I will improve my english !)
It can even be funny to search and debate.

I already spoke about this.. no real return so I work alone.. but nothing can stop me now :)

I update the Chicago 2000 banters and add a thanks to you Jon !

TheBang
06-09-2021, 07:13 AM
For the dress rehearsal in Nov. 1999, the date is wrong. Apparently it was on Nov. 9. Here are some reviews, press release, and setlist:

https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_historian/11_9_99.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20000816030318/http://www.nineinchnails.net/news/nov99.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20050205070929/http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/1999.11.html

TheBang
06-09-2021, 01:59 PM
Following up on your 17 Relics tip for the 1990 Port Chester date, I messaged the band on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/17-Relics-35165167897/). One of the band members replied, and confirmed that they opened for Peter Murphy on April 20 and April 21 in lieu of NIN.

So, given this first-hand confirmation, it seems that the Jersey Beat article was accurate when it quoted Trent saying that the Montreal show was the last one they were doing. Given that those last shows were solicited and ticketed as NIN supporting, it must have been a really last-minute decision to leave the tour early. Rhode Island College must have been a different supporting band, or maybe no support at all.

TheBang
01-18-2022, 09:20 PM
Nice job finally finding that the Pine Street Theatre show (https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/portland-january-28-1990/) was not NIN opening. I agreed that it seemed pretty unlikely that they opened that show, but it's nice to finally have the definitive confirmation.

CAMEO172
03-15-2022, 10:09 AM
Just a little update infos :

500 shows with banters in a very little time. Big thank to @fillow (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=348) who really help and send to me bunch of great banters !! i did a lot of mistakes, sorry..my english sucks !

We have a banters graph now on each tour leg and you will see if Trent was chatty or not. i will probably upgrade this a day I want to code.

I also add a lot of venue capacity, from Tour itinerary or info from the web ! Huge work ! I think this is quite visual this way

Moreover, I finally found (oops Shazam) the classical piano after a lot of 94 gigs !

This is : Franz Schubert, Piano Trio No. 2, Op. 100, D. 929, in E-flat Major 2nd movement, Andante con moto

but this is a little more than this cause the "original" version that used to be played (at least all versions on Spotify) are a little quicker piano part than the after shows version.

The perfect version is from the soundtrack of "The hunger", film with David Bowie (and also the marvelous Catherine Deneuve ! France power !). a story about Vampires. You can't forget Bela Lugosi's Dead in this film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244qvxxy0N0

Once we know it, the choice of this particular song is quite obvious and logical and quite perfect for this leg. Trent seems even clever (if possible) to me with such details !

it took me more than one year to solve this. I succeed with the Hampton Coliseum November 25 1994 cause it's long enough and i test from an other part with violin too.

I will slowly update all the setlists where this song had been played for sure (from record)

ekrekel
03-15-2022, 11:42 AM
Just a little update infos :

500 shows with banters in a very little time. Big thank to @fillow (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=348) who really help and send to me bunch of great banters !! i did a lot of mistakes, sorry..my english sucks !

We have a banters graph now on each tour leg and you will see if Trent was chatty or not. i will probably upgrade this a day I want to code.

I also add a lot of venue capacity, from Tour itinerary or info from the web ! Huge work ! I think this is quite visual this way

Moreover, I finally found (oops Shazam) the classical piano after a lot of 94 gigs !

This is : Franz Schubert, Piano Trio No. 2, Op. 100, D. 929, in E-flat Major 2nd movement, Andante con moto

but this is a little more than this cause the "original" version that used to be played (at least all versions on Spotify) are a little quicker piano part than the after shows version.

The perfect version is from the soundtrack of "The hunger", film with David Bowie (and also the marvelous Catherine Deneuve ! France power !). a story about Vampires. You can't forget Bela Lugosi's Dead in this film

Once we know it, the choice of this particular song is quite obvious and logical and quite perfect for this leg. Trent seems even clever (if possible) to me with such details !

it took me more than one year to solve this. I succeed with the Hampton Coliseum November 25 1994 cause it's long enough and i test from an other part with violin too.

I will slowly update all the setlists where this song had been played for sure (from record)

Love the effort you put into this! (insert clapping emjoi here)

TheBang
03-22-2022, 07:27 PM
CAMEO172, a couple things for your site.

First, you have Nick Rushe listed on keyboards for the JAMC tour. But it was David Haymes for the JAMC and Peter Murphy tours. The proof is in this article (http://www.nin-pages.de/1990_Keyboard_April_english.htm), an interview conducted at the San Francisco Warfield show, which confirms Haymes as the keyboard player.

Nick Rushe was only on the 1989 shows, and according to this interview (https://web.archive.org/web/20170316131838/http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=6183), it looks like he was recently hired in Nov. 1989.

Secondly, this article (https://web.archive.org/web/20080510114811/http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/brnin90.shtml) confirms that NIN played twice in Atlanta with Peter Murphy. Hopefully, that should be enough proof to remove the doubt from the 2nd date.

CAMEO172
03-23-2022, 04:34 AM
@CAMEO172 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7116), a couple things for your site.

First, you have Nick Rushe listed on keyboards for the JAMC tour. But it was David Haymes for the JAMC and Peter Murphy tours. The proof is in this article (http://www.nin-pages.de/1990_Keyboard_April_english.htm), an interview conducted at the San Francisco Warfield show, which confirms Haymes as the keyboard player.

Nick Rushe was only on the 1989 shows, and according to this interview (https://web.archive.org/web/20170316131838/http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=6183), it looks like he was recently hired in Nov. 1989.

Secondly, this article (https://web.archive.org/web/20080510114811/http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/brnin90.shtml) confirms that NIN played twice in Atlanta with Peter Murphy. Hopefully, that should be enough proof to remove the doubt from the 2nd date.

as usual, big thank.. I will do the update very quickly !
what about Gary Talpas in 1989 ?

fillow
03-23-2022, 04:55 AM
There is quite a gap in 1989 between October and December shows, they may have changed keyboardist then.

Also I think it will make sense to try and compare the Pipeline 1989 footage with 1990 videos and see if it's the same dude. (If not by face then at least by movements).
I also noticed an interesting thing, that in 1989 Pipeline video recording, a keyboardist plays part of HLAH on a (third) guitar, something that I haven't seen on any later videos from PHM era.

CAMEO172
03-23-2022, 05:26 AM
Marky Ray (roadies for them) was an additional guitarist for HLAH at least in 1990/1991.. I'm in touch with him for more informations and détails.
You can see him on the London 91 gig at least (far behind)

TheBang
03-23-2022, 05:40 AM
There is quite a gap in 1989 between October and December shows, they may have changed keyboardist then.
Yeah, I think so. That New Alternatives interview from the Dec. 1 issue made it sound like Rushe was a recent hire, maybe only as of Nov. And so for the couple one-off gigs in Oct., they had Talpas fill in because they didn't have a permanent hire yet.

Maybe someone should reach out to Anastasia Pantsios. She has photos of NIN at the China Club (https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Plain_Dealer_1990-07-27_25.png). Maybe she has a pic of the keyboardist. For that matter, she's based in Cleveland, she might have photos of NIN's earliest Cleveland gigs.

TheBang
03-23-2022, 06:39 AM
Dammit, you know, maybe it is Rushe on keyboards for the JAMC tour. I read all the JAMC reviews on HiH, and there are a couple that name-check Rushe explicitly, even the Trocadero show at the end of the tour. Yet the Alternative Press article from the Mar. 1 issue specifically calls David Haymes a "newcomer".

But that Keyboard article, which had to have been written mid-March at the latest, specifically names Haymes, and talks about JAMC, and doesn't mention Peter Murphy at all. And, of course, also talks about the Warfield show. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe all those reviewers had old press materials/photos that still referred to Rushe as being on the keyboards.

CAMEO172
03-23-2022, 11:17 AM
Dammit, you know, maybe it is Rushe on keyboards for the JAMC tour. I read all the JAMC reviews on HiH, and there are a couple that name-check Rushe explicitly, even the Trocadero show at the end of the tour. Yet the Alternative Press article from the Mar. 1 issue specifically calls David Haymes a "newcomer".

But that Keyboard article, which had to have been written mid-March at the latest, specifically names Haymes, and talks about JAMC, and doesn't mention Peter Murphy at all. And, of course, also talks about the Warfield show. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe all those reviewers had old press materials/photos that still referred to Rushe as being on the keyboards.

Don't you think this is David on this nearly last JAMC show ?
proof on the first, video on the nearly last show... hummm.. error in the middle ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldpfbopFJGc

CAMEO172
03-23-2022, 11:18 AM
I gonna check the JAMC tour itinerary. I think there is a page for NIN as support with some names. I don"t add it on HIH (useless for this kind of site about tour).

TheBang
03-23-2022, 01:17 PM
Don't you think this is David on this nearly last JAMC show ?
proof on the first, video on the nearly last show... hummm.. error in the middle ?
Ah, I forgot about that video. Yes, that is David. He's got that distinctive mullet-like hair. So, we know he was definitely playing for at least part of the JAMC tour. And if he was playing at Wash DC, then we know the review for the Trocadero that says it was Rushe is wrong. Which probably means that some reviewers were relying on bad press/photo information. I guess it's just a question of whether Rushe was replaced in the middle of JAMC or at the beginning, and it might be hard to figure that out, unless we ask some people who were there, or get some photos/video or early dates.

I gonna check the JAMC tour itinerary. I think there is a page for NIN as support with some names. I don"t add it on HIH (useless for this kind of site about tour).
Just keep in mind the itinerary is assembled weeks or months in advance, and Rushe might still have been part of the band at that point.

CAMEO172
03-23-2022, 05:09 PM
Just keep in mind the itinerary is assembled weeks or months in advance, and Rushe might still have been part of the band at that point.

and fuck this is Rushe on the Tour Itinerary.. I keep David at this point on hih.

Kyle
04-24-2022, 09:36 PM
For 11/29/94 in Pittsburgh, you have this as the encore intro

"Thank you. You know {??}, this is the closest I have to a hometown crowd. Thank you... Here's a nice song about fucking."

The quote is “Thank you. You know until they build an arena in Mercer, this is the closest…”

fillow
04-25-2022, 04:37 AM
The quote is “Thank you. You know until they build an arena in Mercer, this is the closest…”

Thank you. These question marks are me not being able to parse some of the words which Trent mumbles too fast/quiet or which are drowned in the crowd noise.

@CAMEO172 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7116) I'm having too much fun with this and in the last month I have transcribed almost 300 additional shows from each tour which I have not yet sent to you. Stay tuned.

CAMEO172
04-25-2022, 04:58 AM
Thank you. These question marks are me not being able to parse some of the words which Trent mumbles too fast/quiet or which are drowned in the crowd noise.

@CAMEO172 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7116) I'm having too much fun with this and in the last month I have transcribed almost 300 additional shows from each tour which I have not yet sent to you. Stay tuned.
fillow : this is funny I was on the way to write to you cause I have just finished the second banter file ! if you have some more, you can send it to me ! Your job is really great !!! this is a great adding to HIH for sure and I have a lot of fun working on.

Don"t know if you see, I change a few things for a better viewing !

CAMEO172
04-25-2022, 05:04 AM
For 11/29/94 in Pittsburgh, you have this as the encore intro

"Thank you. You know {??}, this is the closest I have to a hometown crowd. Thank you... Here's a nice song about fucking."

Very big thanks ! The page had been updated and I add a thank to you on it ;)

Kyle
04-25-2022, 11:03 PM
Very big thanks ! The page had been updated and I add a thank to you on it ;)

Thanks. That was my first NIN show so it’s burnt in my memory lol

CAMEO172
04-26-2022, 07:35 AM
Thanks. That was my first NIN show so it’s burnt in my memory lol

have you seen you can add ALL your NIN shows with your own comments on each date on HIH ?

TheBang
10-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Another solicitation for the Rhode Island College show: https://digitalcommons.ric.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1409&context=whats_news

Someone provided a venue name for the 1990 Jacksonville, FL show: Kahootz
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/1990/kahootz-jacksonville-fl-2b85eca2.html
I asked how he knew the venue name, but it's only been a couple hours, so he hasn't responded. Looking at his concert history, though, he seems to be a Florida native, so he may have attended the show. I did a little searching, but couldn't find anything on the Internet linking Nine Inch Nails to "Kahootz". Maybe you might have more success searching newspapers, now that you know the venue name.

I did find some corroborating information about "Kahootz" existing. There is a trademark registration for it here (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=TrademarkName&directionType=CurrentList&searchNameOrder=KAHOOTZ%20T078450&aggregateId=trade-t07845-88391d05-3099-4105-8de0-11f5a22901f5&searchTerm=Kadzinski%20Rentals%20LLC&listNameOrder=KAELAFINELEATHERS%209221020). And the mark was owned by Crown Leisure Corp. (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/corporationsearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=PreviousList&searchNameOrder=PAPPASENTERTAINMENT%20G744760&aggregateId=domp-g74476-9122eb32-de30-48b2-a59a-74768043facb&searchTerm=PAPPAS%20FINANCIAL%20SERVICES%2C%20INC.&listNameOrder=PAPPASCROSSINGS%20L070000724430) which I found owned at least a couple other nightclubs in FL in the late 80's/early 90's.

chuckrh
10-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Another solicitation for the Rhode Island College show: https://digitalcommons.ric.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1409&context=whats_news

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/1990/kahootz-jacksonville-fl-2b85eca2.html
I asked how he knew the venue name, but it's only been a couple hours, so he hasn't responded. Looking at his concert history, though, he seems to be a Florida native, so he may have attended the show. I did a little searching, but couldn't find anything on the Internet linking Nine Inch Nails to "Kahootz". Maybe you might have more success searching newspapers, now that you know the venue name.

I did find some corroborating information about "Kahootz" existing. There is a trademark registration for it here (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=TrademarkName&directionType=CurrentList&searchNameOrder=KAHOOTZ%20T078450&aggregateId=trade-t07845-88391d05-3099-4105-8de0-11f5a22901f5&searchTerm=Kadzinski%20Rentals%20LLC&listNameOrder=KAELAFINELEATHERS%209221020). And the mark was owned by Crown Leisure Corp. (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/corporationsearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=PreviousList&searchNameOrder=PAPPASENTERTAINMENT%20G744760&aggregateId=domp-g74476-9122eb32-de30-48b2-a59a-74768043facb&searchTerm=PAPPAS%20FINANCIAL%20SERVICES%2C%20INC.&listNameOrder=PAPPASCROSSINGS%20L070000724430) which I found owned at least a couple other nightclubs in FL in the late 80's/early 90's.
I think my friends may have opened that Jacksonville show. They were an all girl band named the Aquanettas. For a lazy comparison they were a bit like the Bangles. I know they opened for NIN in Florida around this time. Definitely not a good fit for a NIN crowd, haha. My friends said it was like Children of the Corn, haha.

CAMEO172
10-04-2022, 09:26 AM
I think my friends may have opened that Jacksonville show. They were an all girl band named the Aquanettas. For a lazy comparison they were a bit like the Bangles. I know they opened for NIN in Florida around this time. Definitely not a good fit for a NIN crowd, haha. My friends said it was like Children of the Corn, haha.

At least Aquanettas opened at Austin -> https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/austin-june-27-1990/

chuckrh
10-04-2022, 09:33 AM
At least Aquanettas opened at Austin -> https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/austin-june-27-1990/

Thanks! I roadied for them a few times on vacation. Got me to England the first time. Still friends.

CAMEO172
10-04-2022, 09:37 AM

very big thanks !!
picture from Kahootz -> https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10212200784190774

Can read later : Kahootz was on Blanding Blvd. On the Westside of Jacksonville, Fl.

TheBang
10-04-2022, 11:36 AM
very big thanks !!
picture from Kahootz -> https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10212200784190774

Can read later : Kahootz was on Blanding Blvd. On the Westside of Jacksonville, Fl.
Nice! That guy came back to the setlist.fm comments and provided his bona fides for the show. I asked him if we could get a scan of the ticket stub and photos from his friend. Here's hoping!

TheBang
02-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Corrections:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/minneapolis-february-04-1995/
Melvins opened: https://www.nin.wiki/1995/02/04_Minneapolis,_MN

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/new-orleans-february-18-1995/
Prick also opened this show: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.nin/c/1UB6RfP1KCI/m/8lK1zSJwIf8J

FULLMETAL
02-19-2023, 07:10 PM
Tagged you on Discordance, but in case you’re not checking someone posted this (https://discord.com/channels/968254749252132894/969375791148335124/1077017904131866686) HLAH press sheet mentioning a February 21st gig at The Marquee.

CAMEO172
02-20-2023, 12:18 PM
So it seems there was a gig at the Marquee on February 1991 !! NME on February 23 deales with February 28 and this promo February 21...
very big thanks !

I have a HUGE update to HiH, but out of mood at this time

CAMEO172
04-14-2023, 09:05 AM
Hello,

I have found a few press clipping including some old Scene clippings from 1990 and 1991. Some clippings gives clear information from not sure setlist, so this is really great to have some proofs.

I need time and faith to add them online

fillow
05-04-2023, 12:44 AM
Was the JAMC + NIN 1990 tour supposed to be longer initially? A few extra dates in March mentioned here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kaAfxOfhw

botley
05-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Just dug out the ticket stub from my first-ever NIN show, 28th April 2000:

https://i.imgur.com/sSS9G1k.png

Slightly different Ticketmaster paper stock than the red-and-white design already represented on the site.

mfte
05-11-2023, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah! That was my first NIN show too. Lost my hearing in one ear for a good two days afterwards.

I was recently digging around some old stuff and found this, AATCHB in IMAX. I called up the Program Directory at Edge 102 and made up an elaborate BS story to try and score tickets, and it worked somehow. Being young was fun lol.

https://i.imgur.com/OL5b49A.jpg

TheBang
05-11-2023, 08:27 PM
I was recently digging around some old stuff and found this, AATCHB in IMAX.
I can only imagine what SD video material blown up to IMAX proportions looked like.

botley
05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
It was probably very loud.

CAMEO172
05-16-2023, 10:14 AM
Just dug out the ticket stub from my first-ever NIN show, 28th April 2000:

https://i.imgur.com/sSS9G1k.png

Slightly different Ticketmaster paper stock than the red-and-white design already represented on the site.

added with a thanks on the page and a second thank right here :) !

still have a lot of update to do :(

CAMEO172
05-17-2023, 02:36 AM
I just add the probably sure setlist from The Edge November 13 1995, from a physical setlist -> https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/fort-lauderdale-november-13-1995/

otnavuskire
09-25-2023, 02:59 PM
Guess the site's dead?

Fadeout54321
09-25-2023, 04:00 PM
Oh no what a bummer! I really liked this site :(

trollmanen
09-27-2023, 11:11 PM
This is sad. It was definitely a great resource for images of tour memorabilia like passes and stubs. Really hope all that info isn't lost and can maybe live on somewhere else.

Leviathant
09-30-2023, 12:09 AM
Hey CAMEO172 - anything we can do to help?