PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)

neorev
01-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Watching Fyre documentary on Netflix and I hear "On We March" from The Social Network score as well as some other TRAR pieces from Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, Ghosts, and even one of the unreleased Hesitation Marks tracks.

Toadflax
01-21-2019, 05:39 PM
Watching Fyre documentary on Netflix and I hear "On We March" from The Social Network score as well as some other TRAR pieces from Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, Ghosts, and even one of the unreleased Hesitation Marks tracks.

They're scoring movies without even trying now!

zecho
01-21-2019, 05:43 PM
I think the count was 26 Reznor and Ross songs in this movie, including 2 Hesitation Marks demos. It may have been the entire soundtrack.

sweeterthan
01-21-2019, 05:51 PM
“The greatest soundtrack they never scored.”

sonic_discord
01-21-2019, 06:07 PM
I have to say, I was surprised by how well a lot of the songs fit this documentary despite the fact that they were created for several different films. Also, the documentary was great!

trollmanen
01-21-2019, 09:33 PM
All of the songs used are listed in the credits, I'm sure someone can compile a list. "Demo #1" and "Demo #3" stood out, not sure they're the Hesitation Marks demos though, as I think they were credited to both Reznor and Ross.

zecho
01-21-2019, 10:24 PM
All of the songs used are listed in the credits, I'm sure someone can compile a list. "Demo #1" and "Demo #3" stood out, not sure they're the Hesitation Marks demos though, as I think they were credited to both Reznor and Ross.

They're definitely the Hesitation Marks demos, and they were credited to the names given to them on ninwiki, which I thought was pretty cool.

Prettybrokenspiral
01-22-2019, 10:19 AM
I would say this is more than enough grounds to commence badgering Trent (lovingly, of course) en masse on Twitter and Insta for official leaks of Demo #1 and Demo #3..

ltrandazzo
01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
I use a lot of TR+AR scores as my reading music when travelling, so these tracks were fresh in my mind over the weekend coming home. It was funny watching this Sunday night and picking out the cues, especially for the Gone Girl and Dragon Tattoo songs since the original context was something far more sinister in their respective movies.

zecho
01-22-2019, 02:43 PM
I would say this is more than enough grounds to commence badgering Trent (lovingly, of course) en masse on Twitter and Insta for official leaks of Demo #1 and Demo #3..

They came out with the digital deluxe edition of Hesitation Marks. I have them and Demo 2 and the All Time Low demo in FLAC.

ltrandazzo
01-22-2019, 02:45 PM
They came out with the digital deluxe edition of Hesitation Marks. I have them and Demo 2 and the All Time Low demo in FLAC.

Yep - http://www.nin.wiki/Hesitation_Marks#iTunes.2FHDtracks_Deluxe_Edition

Haysey_Draws
01-23-2019, 06:56 AM
Yep - http://www.nin.wiki/Hesitation_Marks#iTunes.2FHDtracks_Deluxe_Edition

Wait, there were official FLAC files? I've been listening to the ripped versions of YouTube?!

StockAvuryah
01-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Wait, there were official FLAC files? I've been listening to the ripped versions of YouTube?!

It comes from an interview of Trent on the HM album on iTunes I think, so yeah good quality

sonic_discord
01-24-2019, 10:54 AM
It comes from an interview of Trent on the HM album on iTunes I think, so yeah good quality

It was an iTunes exclusive and iTunes only allows you to download 256kbps files, not FLAC (at least that I know of). Even if they did offer lossless files, they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format ... so where did the FLAC files come from? If they exist, I'd appreciate it if someone would share!

zecho
01-24-2019, 11:25 AM
It was an iTunes exclusive and iTunes only allows you to download 256kbps files, not FLAC (at least that I know of). Even if they did offer lossless files, they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format ... so where did the FLAC files come from? If they exist, I'd appreciate it if someone would share!

It was a digital exclusive, not just iTunes. I got mine from HDtracks.

sonic_discord
01-24-2019, 11:33 AM
It was a digital exclusive, not just iTunes. I got mine from HDtracks.

Huh, I stand corrected! Thanks, zecho

neorev
01-24-2019, 06:49 PM
I used a custom cue file to split up the individual demo tracks from the full interview FLAC that way I have each demo as a standalone track in lossless.

TheBang
01-25-2019, 07:26 AM
they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format
Just FYI, ALAC's been open sourced for over 7 years, and reverse engineered for 14 years.

sonic_discord
01-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Just FYI, ALAC's been open sourced for over 7 years, and reverse engineered for 14 years.

Wow, I guess I haven't paid attention to that! Thanks for the correction, but my point was that Apple doesn't offer FLAC files. I was not aware that the "In Conversation" interview was also offered on other sites like HDtracks. ANYWAY, has anyone watched the Hulu version called Fyre Fraud? I guess they got king douchebag himself, Mr. Billy Mcfarland, to be exclusively interviewed for it. They (Hulu) also paid Billy $250,000 for said interview, which makes me not want to support it, but I already pay for Hulu, so I guess I already have. Either way, I'm certain the Netflix version has the superior score!

snaapz
01-15-2020, 08:57 AM
I finally got around to watching FYRE with my wife last night; what a fucking moron and what a mess (Billy, not my wife). Anyways, it was nice to hear TR/AR, I love how the final scene ended with the track (can't recall the title).