PDA

View Full Version : Halo 312 The Box Set: A Gift For My BFF!!!

nmitchell86
12-13-2018, 06:54 PM
So my home boy from back home in FLA came up to Chicago for all three nine inch nails shows @The Aragon this past October. So to commemorate this experience I made him a bootleg “boxset” of the show with some extra stuff and I am calling it “halo 312 Cold and Black and Infinite” and sending it to him for Christmas. This is my way of saying thank you for hangout and seeing nine inch nails with me. If it wasn’t for him way back in high school introducing me to “broken” right before “the downward spiral” came out I could have ended up a Nickleback fan or a Republican!!! lol

Thank you to @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) for make the recordings available on ninlive.com. A true resource for all! And a special thank you to @Tapeworm (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4801)48 for recording the shows! Your efforts made this all possible for all of us to re-live our show experience at the Aragon those nights!

Here is what I made…

A ten disc box set:
Disc One – Three: The Set Change Play List that Trent Reznor Tweeted out. 49 songs.
Disc Four: The hits of the opening bands; The Jesus And Mary Chain & Death In Vegas.
Disc Five – Six: nine inch nails Night One recorded by @Tapeworm (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4801)48.
Disc Seven – Eight: nine inch nails Night Two recorded by @Tapeworm (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4801)48.
Disc Nine – Ten: nine inch nails Night Three recorded by @Tapeworm (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4801)48.

Also to be included:
An ETS T-Shirt
Some nine inch nails stickers
(because what would a box set be without some goodies!)

I made a box to hold the CDs and have some art work from the Physical World Pre-Sale that will be used to decorate the box.

Edit: Removed CD Cover Template Help Questions... All Figured out! See Newly added Pictures!

The "BFF" in the post title is tong-in-cheek BTW.

I have some covers made and they print out nicely! Thank you @JessicaSarahS (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=20) for suggestions on CD cover sizes. I used the show posters for the nin night specific CDs and a image I found on either nin FB or Twitter (I can't remember...) I also got a screen capture of TR tweet about the set change play list an included that as an inside pic on one CD set with the set change discs. Once I have thebox put together and all finished up I post pics of that as well!

Sarah K
12-13-2018, 08:11 PM
This is cool as fuck. You sound like an amazing friend/human.

ninlive
12-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Bad. Ass.

Stamp of approval.

ltrandazzo
12-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Fucking A man. That's awesome and so are you.

JessicaSarahS
12-13-2018, 09:07 PM
Awww, so much thought and effort into a great gift! I wanna be your bff! :D

For th CD dimensions, can you make any document that is 9.5in x 4.7, with the front cover being 4.7X4.7. Sorry I cannot help anymore than that— i spilled cider all over my computer recently and it’s out of commission until my new video card gets here. :(

nmitchell86
12-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Thank you everyone for the support. I'll try and put together a custom template with the dimensions that JessicaSarahS gave. Hopefully I can have something together by Monday. I'll post pics of the CDs with covers once I have that. Thank you!

SM Rollinger
12-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Would have been better if you used SM Rollinger's Night 2 tape.... ;)

(jk this is badass)

nmitchell86
12-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Would have been better if you used SM Rollinger's Night 2 tape.... ;)

(jk this is badass)

Thank you for the suggestion! I did pull your recording down as well but decided to keep things similar in sound as much as possible. Your recording is really good. Thank you for tapeing!

FULLMETAL
12-15-2018, 12:08 AM
If you had more time, I’d suggest silkscreen ink for the discs with some stenciled logos or approximations of the Bad Witch imagery.

BenAkenobi
12-15-2018, 03:12 AM
Why 312, again?
~edit~
Oh, and this gives me a push to go seek an enclosure for the few homebrew DVDs that i got. Thinking of a soft CD-wallet. They were a thing like 10 years ago, might not be easy to get a good one these days...

nmitchell86
12-15-2018, 09:03 AM
If you had more time, I’d suggest silkscreen ink for the discs with some stenciled logos or approximations of the Bad Witch imagery.

If I only even had access to equipment that could silkscreen print on CDs... But the CD-Rs with sharpie marker does ad to the whole "bootleg" feel.

Why 312, again?
~edit~
Oh, and this gives me a push to go seek an enclosure for the few homebrew DVDs that i got. Thinking of a soft CD-wallet. They were a thing like 10 years ago, might not be easy to get a good one these days...

312 is the main area code for Chicago. Also, I'm pretty sure nin will never reach 312 in the halo sequence, lol. I did a quick search on Amazon and they have some nice leather cd\dvd wallets. So you should be able to find something for your homebrew DVDs.

ekrekel
12-17-2018, 11:57 AM
This is awesome! Did you work with the eq on the recordings?

nmitchell86
12-17-2018, 12:27 PM
This is awesome! Did you work with the eq on the recordings?

No, I left it as it is from ninlive.com. I think Tapeworm's recordings sound great and the fact that he did all three nights the sound is similar across all his recordings.

nmitchell86
12-17-2018, 12:32 PM
So here is my final results. The box turned out pretty good for a kid with no experience in this. I made two as I was going incase I made a bad mistake so I'll keep one for myself. I'm going to serial number them, lol. 1/2 and 2/2. I'll keep 2/2 as the disc fitment is not as great as 1/2.

StockAvuryah
12-17-2018, 12:34 PM
So here is my final results. The box turned out pretty good for a kid with no experience in this. I made two as I was going incase I made a bad mistake so I'll keep one for myself. I'm going to serial number them, lol. 1/2 and 2/2. I'll keep 2/2 as the disc fitment is not as great as 1/2.

Wow that's super cool ! Great job