PDA

View Full Version : Earl Sweatshirt

elevenism
12-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Earl has been one of my favorite rappers for a hot minute, but the reason I'm making this thread NOW is to turn people on to this.

He's invented a new genre with this one, imo: Experimental Surrealist Ambientish Art Rap or some.shit like that.

Sorry, I know this is my third time saying it's my album of the year, but no one (here) has said anything, positive or negative: at least not that I've seen.

Bump this if you like hip hop, or noise, or spoken word, or experimental music, or surrealism, or shit that's really sad (which is most of you) or anything that's unusual and unique (which, also, is most of you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czEvm4tItv4

bobbie solo
12-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Listening now. I like it but liked his last album alot more.

elevenism
12-11-2018, 04:31 AM
Listening now. I like it but liked his last album alot more.

see, i like how disjointed it is. i like how there is NEVER "that tic tic followed by that bump."

As far as pure rapping, this isn't his best.

I'm not sure you can call it hip hop. You can ALMOST make a case for it not being MUSIC. But i don't mean either of those statements in a bad way.
it's more like an aural painting than a hip hop record. you can't really dance to it or any of that cool shit.

i fucking ADORED his last album, but it's just a whole different ballgame.

Like, i would say that i IDLSIDGO is the better hip hop record, definitely. But this new new one is a better piece of art, if that makes any sense