PDA

View Full Version : 2018.10.19 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

TheBang
10-19-2018, 10:48 PM
BpIepGYABfU

zero
10-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Wow, absolutely incredible experience for my first NIN show! Set list was impressive, and the acoustics at Wang Theater are superb. Looking forward to tomorrow night!

otnavuskire
10-19-2018, 11:51 PM
Fun show, as always. Really cool that with this being my 18th NIN show, there are still older songs for me to see for the first time, as it was my first time seeing Happiness in Slavery and All the Love in the World.

Also funny was that I rode the subway afterwards next to Adam McGrath, the guitar player for Cave In, who I saw headline an amazing show in L.A. last weekend. I was too much of a wuss to say anything to him though.

picketyp
10-19-2018, 11:57 PM
Holy hell for a minute (or 10) I thought we were going to get only the assaultiest tracks. White lights and screaming. But damn what a show. Saw 5 songs for the first time, and it was the first show out of 16 I've missed Wish and MOTP. BUT....I am forever thankful for the experience. The fact that I couldn't anticipate what would happen next was amazing (please keep setlists fluid forever thanks), and the one time my intuition came TRUE was HMIAIH > Happiness In Slavery, which...HOLY SHIT. What a moment.

I went with three newbies - one saw NIN at Panorama with me last year for his first and two were seeing them for the first time. All three were ecstatic after HIS, they couldn't believe how s-e-x-y it was. And I'm nodding, nodding...

Just great. Great great great great great. Crushed I'm not going tomorrow due to another concert that I got tickets to before CBI was announced, but such is a shared life.

I think the only thing left is to get the full Fragile concert, Steven Wilson style with like 15 musicians on stage. Let's do it to it.

picketyp
10-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Also funny was that I rode the subway afterwards next to Adam McGrath, the guitar player for Cave In, who I saw headline an amazing show in L.A. last weekend. I was too much of a wuss to say anything to him though.

Wow, Adam was there? If you have a time machine, can you tell him to tell Matt Morrison to respond to my texts cuz I need to know he's in for MTB on Thursday.

otnavuskire
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Wow, Adam was there? If you have a time machine, can you tell him to tell Matt Morrison to respond to my texts cuz I need to know he's in for MTB on Thursday.

Yup. The funny thing is, I bought two shirts at the show last weekend. A Cave In shirt, and a Celestial shirt. I wore the Celestial one tonight. I wonder if he might have said something if he saw me wearing his band's shirt.

zaps30
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Great show. 9 new songs for me (4 from the trilogy). Minor quibbles with no songs from the Fragile and the Good Soldier, Survivalism, and THTF grouping. Nothing wrong with those songs, but something different would have been nice. I'm hoping for the Perfect Drug and some Fragile songs tomorrow night.

GulDukat
10-20-2018, 12:51 AM
Last time I saw NIN (Mansfield with Soundgarden) I don't think they played anything
from the Fragile.

Awesome show and venue. My seats were amazing. I guess the seven hour wait was worth it!

zaps30
10-20-2018, 08:08 AM
Last time I saw NIN (Mansfield with Soundgarden) I don't think they played anything
from the Fragile.

Awesome show and venue. My seats were amazing. I guess the seven hour wait was worth it!

We were at that show, too and I forgot about that. I hope they play a bunch tonight.

7 hours getting there or standing in line for a poster?

GulDukat
10-20-2018, 08:45 AM
We were at that show, too and I forgot about that. I hope they play a bunch tonight.

7 hours getting there or standing in line for a poster?Seven hours waiting in line for tickets, and I came early (arrived 7:30 AM-ish). Totally worth it.

RPM1123
10-20-2018, 09:19 AM
What a fantastic show. A couple thoughts:

Branches/Bones -> Mr Self Destruct -> Letting You was a face melting trio of songs to start the show

This Isn't the Place is super groovy live

The Good Soldier/Survivalism was a nice bit of Year Zero to hear

All the Love in the World - wow, I was really wondering how they'd pull that one off. They can all sing really well.

Here's to hoping we get some stuff from The Fragile tonight, along with TPD.

Fadeout54321
10-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Amazing show last night. I was worried that an all seated show would make it less awesome but I was certainly wrong about that. The sound quality was amazing and the band certainly gave it their all. Saw 7 songs I had never seen live before, that was almost half number of songs they played. Really looking forward to tonight!

Also side note I have not seen one of the foil varient posters for sale on eBay. I think they all ened up in the hands of people who actually wanted them and were not trying to make a quick buck. I hope it holds true!

GulDukat
10-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Good review from the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2018/10/20/nine-inch-nails-squeeze-arena-sized-aspirations-into-wang/8kdHMtpQR7LIH2D30qBrYO/story.html

zaps30
10-21-2018, 12:21 AM
Seven hours waiting in line for tickets, and I came early (arrived 7:30 AM-ish). Totally worth it.

Oh, gotcha. 6 hours in line for tickets for us. We got there at 7 and were out by 1.

GulDukat
10-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Oh, gotcha. 6 hours in line for tickets for us. We got there at 7 and were out by 1.Yeah, it was amazing how fast that line built up. 15-30 minutes translated to hours, with only three people working the box office.