Gave Up
I'm Afraid of Americans
Digital
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

All the Love in the World
Over and Out
Hurt

Was pretty pumped up for the setlists this tour and...yeah I was not disappointed. Incredible show. The band was on fire and Trent's voice sounded terrific. I'm exhausted right now but holy shit. All the Bad Witch material. All the Love in the World (!) and the Perfect Drug (!). So fucking happy right now.

bobbie solo
10-14-2018, 01:34 AM
Fantastic show. Crowd was VERY into the show, and for the most part around me at least, extremely well behaved. I was Center Orch Row P. That might have been the quietest crowd during Hurt I can remember. It was very appreciated. I really only recall some loudmouths during the beginning of The Lovers.

Kite Base were excellent. Really enjoyed their stuff. Reminded me of a more energetic/rocking version of The XX. I wish I was catching up them again on this tour. Although I'm listening to Daniel Avery's soundcloud right now and this is some excellent electronic stuff. Doubt it will play well at Radio City though tomorrow.

J&MC were fun. My mom was into them. Straight ahead noisy rock with catchy choruses and the occasional Beach Boys vive. Prolly on for a little longer than I needed to hear, but they sounded great. Really clear. Hope we get Snakedriver before the end of the NYC run.

Highlights of NIN were Mr. Self Destruct, This Isn't The Place, Shit Mirror (Robin singing lead is still legit making me smile), some song called The Perfect Drug, the first time I've heard Gave Up in years where I didn't roll my eyes, Digital & Over and Out.

Mr. Self Destruct as an opener is just an all out assault on the crowd. Everyone was hyped. This Isn't The Place live is just gorgeous. The lighting that comes along with it just really sets a great mood.

Is it just me or have they added some more stuff to TPD since the initial performances? I thought I heard some more electronics during the verses, and Robin seemed to be singing more of the back & forth lyrics in the 2nd verse than I recall from the earlier videos. ie "How very little there is left of me"

The crowd def. knew what they were playing tonight when TPD started. And people were going apeshit during the drum solo. My brother was fiddling with his phone a few seconds before it started, and I just grabbed it and said " you need to be looking up in a second"

Over & Out made me feel just like This Isn't The Place did. And then seeing rock stars like Robin & Trent playing a fucking xylophone & sax after just melting everyone's faces just cements the uniqueness of these talented guys that we cherish. Electric night at a classic venue. Can't beat it.

bobbie solo
10-14-2018, 01:44 AM
Some other anecdotes:

There's no fucking purchase limit on the posters, and I think that's garbage. I'm not saying it needed to be one poster per person, but there were assholes buying EIGHT posters at a time to flip them. I got no problem with people flipping them, but EIGHT? Come on. Should be limited to 2 or 3 per person.

I was really pissed I didn't buy another poster when a dude offered me $100 for mine after the show. Ugh!

A former ETSer friend of mine sat two rows behind Mariqueen & her son tonight. He bought a last minute ticket (row PP) in the guest list area that got released by TM today, so it makes sense she'd be there. My friend noticed a very weird guy in the row directly behind her. Said he was acting strange all night. During one of Trent's speeches after his first one, the weird guy just screamed out very loudly "YOU SUCK TRENT" apparently right over their son's head. Mariqueen and her friend turned around and yelled at the guy very directly & quickly. They either went after him for yelling that right over a young child, or perhaps also said who they were. The guy immediately started apologizing up and down & looked embarrassed, and then Mariqueen took her son and left right after the incident. My friend said before that, she was rocking out hard the whole night.

Reznorection
10-14-2018, 02:49 AM
Great show. Setlist was a bit less remarkable than other recent shows, but still lots of gems. Just wanted to say good on Trent for selling tee shirts for 25 bucks a pop in 2018. I honestly think that's how much they were when I saw them on the Fragility tour and is a stark contrast to the 35 or 40 shirts other bands are pushing.

Also, no Fragile songs tonight. I expected them to maybe play The Fragile as an homage to the '99 VMAs, but perhaps a play-through is coming sometime in the next three shows?

versusreality
10-14-2018, 06:24 AM
The crowd was super into it up on the first mez where I was too. Love the venue. JAMC sounded AWESOME. man they killed it. I'm a fan of theirs, not a massive fan, don't know all their tracks etc. But they were just great live. straight up great rock n roll band.

NIN were also great. I would agree with reznorection's assessment that the set list was a bit less remarkable, but it did satisfy. I am so happy we got TPD, as that was one of the songs I wanted to hear. (the other songs I wanted to hear were TDTWWA and HIS but, to no avail) . I actually really enjoyed the new material live- more than I thought I would, and realized that I've seen NIN enough times now where I'd actually prefer to hear more newer songs than older songs.

My ideal concert at that beautiful venue is Trent and AR doing soundtrack material with an orchestra in the pit. I really wonder if they were thinking of something like that when they arrived at the venue.

Have fun for those going tonight/to BK.

jxe
10-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Could somebody please tell me around what time NIN hit the stage? How about the opening acts? Thanks!

versusreality
10-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Could somebody please tell me around what time NIN hit the stage? How about the opening acts? Thanks!

doors at 6.
first opening act at 7.
last night, JAMC came on about 7:55.
NIN at 9:15

ScreamingSlave
10-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Fantastic show pulled a killer recording from the mezzanine center area can't wait for Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be back in NY for both of those then hitting both Boston both Vegas and last 4 LA shows!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

R-Dot-Yung
10-14-2018, 11:09 AM
Fantastic show, the band seemed very tight. I'll be back for Kings Theatre on Wednesday!

Reznorection
10-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Anyone have a physical ticket stub from this show that they'd be willing to donate/sell?

I have a scrapbook of ticket stubs for every show I've ever seen (well over 300 now!) but could only get a print-out for this one because I bought last minute. If anyone has one and would be willing to part with it, please hit me up!

Reznorection
10-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Radio city is such a great location for out of towners. Rolled up on the train at around 8:30, got to the venue at 8:45, was in the door by 8:50. Left the minute the encore ended, was on the subway at 11:06, on the train back home at 11:14. Wasn't even in the city for three hours.

Would do it again tonight if I had the cash. As someone who does a lot of Philly > New York for concerts, this was easily one of the least annoying experiences ever.

Deadpool
10-14-2018, 02:19 PM
I might have some more detailed thoughts later, but before I forget I wanted to say a few things.

JAMC were a damn blast. Never seen them before. I echo the sentiment that they were clear & tight. I'm sure the venue only emphasized those qualities. They're noticeably heavier live and their bursts of noise are just a dream – perfectly cacophonous rock. What other rock bands are doing that now? What other rock bands are doing it that well? How many honeset-to-goodness rock bands are even left? Highly recommend catching them if you can – think of it as getting your money's worth for these expensive-ass (but worth it) tickets.

NIN delivered as always. Mr. Self Destruct is an incredible opener – don't think(?) I've ever seen it live before. Outstanding.
Less Than sounded more confident than at Panorama Fest (when it was still new) – that was nice.
The Perfect Drug kicks fucking ass live and really makes me wonder what it was missing for Trent in previous attempts. In any case, it was a highlight and I love the thick, distorted synth bass during the outro.

Over & Out pairs very well with Hurt. I like that 1-2 punch.

Will be at Tuesday's BK show. Hoping for Happiness in Slavery and some other gems!

madison
10-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Great show! Even having known they might play TPD, it was thrilling to hear those first few notes and Ilan absolutely killed it!! All the Love in the World was a surprising start to the encore but I was delighted - love that song. So excited to see them again tonight!

madison
10-14-2018, 02:25 PM
JAMC were a damn blast. Never seen them before. I echo the sentiment that they were clear & tight. I'm sure the venue only emphasized those qualities. They're noticeably heavier live and their bursts of noise are just a dream – perfectly cacophonous rock.

Same! JAMC were excellent!

gardenia_spectre
10-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Wonderful show. Have lost track of how many I’ve seen. Twentyish? More elaborate than I was lead to believe in terms of the production. The whole evening was a solid NIN performance. I was in the first mezzanine row G. Worst seats than I’ve had in years for NIN but the whole ticketing thing was madness this year. Looking forward to first Mezzanine row E tonight. And Brooklyn on Wednesday. Missed JAMC but saw them back in the eighties and that will do.

Halo Infinity
10-14-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm absolutely happy to have seen Nine Inch Nails this year, especially at a location as convenient and as relaxed as Radio City Music Hall. I also loved that I got to sit during the entire show, and was very much able to appreciate the view from the third mezzanine all the way to the left. I also had to sit down in awe and process the fact that I was also experience The Perfect Drug and All That Love In The World in real life. I was also very much hoping for Happiness In Slavery, but Mr Self Destruct still made up for it. It was also such an awesome surprise, because in spite of how much I loved Somewhat Damaged, I just got too used to it as an opener. Not to mention the fact that I relish to experience just about any song from Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and The Downward Spiral live. Speaking of which, when I saw Ahead of Ourselves, it made me realize that the newer songs in terms of heaviness can definitely hold up to some from Broken and The Downward Spiral live. This makes me hope to hear more songs from Bad Witch and Add Violence if I see NIN live again, especially songs like The Background World and Play The Goddamned Part.

And being always fascinated with Nine Inch Nails and the 1990s itself in general, I was also thankful to see The Jesus and Mary Chain, as I wondered what it was like to see them live, especially after looking up the tour dates from 1990, and then getting to do just that 28 years later.

I also enjoyed having the show open with Kite Base. I also might not be much of a concert person, but I don't think I've been to any concert where any of the acts prior to the main act, didn't see the right moods and overall vibes for me, so it's all good. I also always make it before the show itself starts because I don't want to miss a second of it, and I just want to chill before the show starts. And Radio City Music Hall was just that as I got to sit down during the entire show. It was already even more convenient knowing that the subway station was already at the actual location itself, and even more convenient than going to Madison Square Garden, and I liked that I was able to just go to Manhattan from Queens.

But overall, I certainly hope this location gets selected again. So grateful to have caught this, almost 5 exact years after seeing the Tension tour at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on 10_14_13. I also loved how the show started at 7:00 PM instead of 7:30 PM this time as it made for the commute home not as long from 11:00 PM. Come to think of it, I'd rather attend at 7:00 PM show altogether, but 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM aren't always bad. (I know I'm just saying that because I'm a bit away. *Not referring to out of town standards.*)

Ni! (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo5iH_kn2c4/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qg8xzyshtraz)
I completely forgot that came from you, so at the time I had no idea who was there. Anyway, this was also the very first NIN concert that I ever wore my gray ETS shirt to. I would say something to the effect of me hoping you had a great time, but that's also a given. I was just waiting at the line next to you, and had dark blue jeans, a dark gray hoodie, black beanie and a blue camouflage jacket on. I was also thankful to have picked that line, since it was easier and quicker to get inside. I'm horrible at starting conversations though, and the funny thing is, is that I'm sure one must make up voices as they read other people here, but now I can audibly imagine the actual sound of your voice, should I read your posts.

(Plus, it would be even more awkward trying to bring up that "Trent Reznor took a shit." parody/article you made. So help me God if my memory failed me again.) :p

The Lovers and This Isn't The Place was also a real treat to see live too. Burning Bright (Field on Fire) was another song I was hoping to see, but The Perfect Drug and All The Love In The World obviously/absolutely more than made up for it.

Oh right. I also loved being able to see Less Than for the very first time. I already know that I was going to enjoy it, but Less Than actually exceeded my expectations. Well, I suppose that's NIN for you, all right. ;)

I also seemed to feel the way Trent reacted to performed Hurt. It made me wonder if that's a reference to him being thankful that he really is still here, considering how things could've turned out. Anyway, NIN, always relatable and as heartfelt was ever, which is yet another reason I keep coming back for more alongside entertainment reasons and purposes.

xmpx_
10-14-2018, 07:13 PM
It was brilliantly done :)
Tr seems to have a unique feeling about NY, especially reflecting on David Bowie, that struck me
The band was great too! I really love seeing All The Love In the World played.

Start of encore: "You knew we were comin' back. C'mon." lol

buckets of lube
10-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Big shoutout to the board member here who gave away his ticket in exchange for a show poster... You Know Who You Are. :)

Envious that night two is getting Happiness in Slavery as I type this (per setlist.fm), but I'm glad that my first Radio City show was a NIN show! Watching it all the way from the right side on the 1st Mezzanine was a treat. Wish I could do more shows this tour...

hippygeek
10-15-2018, 12:01 AM
Hit me up - I'll buy you a beer Tuesday :)

versusreality
10-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Wonderful show. Have lost track of how many I’ve seen. Twentyish? More elaborate than I was lead to believe in terms of the production. The whole evening was a solid NIN performance. I was in the first mezzanine row G. Worst seats than I’ve had in years for NIN but the whole ticketing thing was madness this year. Looking forward to first Mezzanine row E tonight. And Brooklyn on Wednesday. Missed JAMC but saw them back in the eighties and that will do.

we were in the same row!

gardenia_spectre
10-15-2018, 10:32 AM
we were in the same row! I'm assuming you were not the person sitting next to me who when I asked "Were you here for the opening band?" responded "I don't know."

ScreamingSlave
10-16-2018, 12:15 AM
A Sample of my recording its coming i have 4 shows this week to hit so probably after the run is done https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/rcmhn1-tpdsample

Sarah K
10-16-2018, 11:43 AM
I got Trent's water bottle that he threw.

Gonna try to write up more this weekend after everything, but I am sure that everything will be blended together by then.

versusreality
10-16-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm assuming you were not the person sitting next to me who when I asked "Were you here for the opening band?" responded "I don't know."

ha, certainly not

Halo Infinity
10-16-2018, 08:12 PM
I know this absolutely goes without saying, but I still really loved how the songs from Add Violence and Bad Witch have translated live. (As with all of his material.)

Should I see NIN next time, I also hope to catch some songs from Not The Actual Events.

Sarah K
10-20-2018, 06:24 PM
This video is niiiiiice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mpWGx_z74

ScreamingSlave
10-29-2018, 01:52 PM
can i get a few opinions on this sample rcmhn1 might be ready for upload today!

https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/rcmhn1-sample

bobbie solo
10-29-2018, 02:24 PM
can i get a few opinions on this sample rcmhn1 might be ready for upload today!

https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/rcmhn1-sample

Sounds good, but thats through mono on my current work computer setup through my mixing board. I would add a tiny little bit of bottom end via EQ.

paul_guyet
10-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Here's my review of the night (https://soundblab.com/reviews/gigs/21038-nine-inch-nails-radio-city-music-hall-new-york-night-1) and my wrap up of the whole four night run (https://guidopaparazzi.blogspot.com/2018/10/live-and-cold-and-black-and-infinite.html).