PDA

View Full Version : 2018.10.09 Washington DC @ The Anthem

TheBang
10-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Bou170qhamB

k258
10-09-2018, 11:58 PM
He was coming. Singing Piggy, he stepped over the cables ready to descend the stairs to the rail. An unfortunately timed crowd surfer drew a cluster of security blocking his way, killing the moment. I was right there...damn!

howisya
10-10-2018, 12:40 AM
fun show. too bad the metro closes so early nowadays, but it was worth the taxi ride back. i can't remember the last time i went to a concert that had crowd surfing or a mosh pit. good for NIN that they can still inspire that. the band were enjoying themselves. i would've liked to have had "the perfect drug," maybe "parasite," and more from broken and bad witch (expected sax), but i was thrilled with what i got, a lot of old favorites, the new material that i love, and my first "i'm afraid of americans" live. i'm sure the set tomorrow night would fill in any reasonable gaps, and i kinda wish i were going. the openers were good. i hadn't heard of kite base before (i do know savages but just found out the connection), but they were a great opening act for a different kind of NIN show and recent music, appropriately abrasive, a soothing racket. "the great destroyer" was almost too much, but that's what made it perfect. so many of these songs are as vital now as they ever were. trent & co. should be very proud.

Kyle
10-10-2018, 01:47 AM
Trent seemed to be having more fun at this show than at other nin shows I've been to. I think the ten days off works for him. My only complaint was the setlist. I was hoping to see TPD since I'm in the minority who liked that song even before it became the holy grail of live songs. Or HiS, or at least something off of BW. Except for the songs off of NtAE and AV, everything played I've seen before. But with that said, this show is for everyone not just those of us who have seen him multiple times already and the band delivered.

the duder
10-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Super fun show. Stoked to see them enjoying the performance, too. TR was fired up and everyone else was on point.

monkeyarse
10-15-2018, 06:23 AM
This venue has the best queuing system pretty much ever.. great staff, lovely venue. Hoping for the same level of professional organisation in brooklyn.
Kite base are pretty decent too. Good choice.
NIN were decent too. Mr Reznor’s voice is sounding SHARP.