PDA

View Full Version : 2018.09.27 Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre

ltrandazzo
09-27-2018, 09:26 PM
BoQEUjCgax9

m0reta
09-27-2018, 10:08 PM
I have no words. Thank you Trent, Robin, Ally, Ilan, Atticus, Damian, lighting guy, merch guys, Justin, and all involved in two wonderful nights of immense ninnie joy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ribbitman
09-27-2018, 10:19 PM
This was my first NIN show ever and I don’t know if it will ever be topped. I was 15 feet from Trent and THAT SETLIST. Arguably one of the greatest ever

K-Rice
09-28-2018, 06:03 AM
That’s gotta be the best set list I’ve ever seen. So many favorite songs. I don’t know if any show could top my 19th birthday NIN show but this one comes very close. Thank you Trent.

ryanj101
09-28-2018, 01:35 PM
What a show...at least the 10th time I have seen them since 2000 and save maybe the first time on The Fragility tour, this is the most vital and aggressive I have seen NIN look.

I'm not sure what happened, but it is like a switch was flipped and they are just attacking the setlist these days. I last saw them in Vegas last year and noted that they had a more aggressive sound, but they have seemingly doubled down on that. I'm seeing them again in Vegas and can't wait.

FULLMETAL
09-28-2018, 07:31 PM
https://youtu.be/rAVO6iqejj4

There’s a small glitch when my finger slipped, but I was thrilled to hear this as the encore.

gorast
09-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Jesus Christ.

Back when the tour dates were announced, and I saw that there were no Florida shows, I basically wrote off my chances of seeing this tour. I figured, I might miss out on new songs, maybe a couple weird songs being unearthed and played again, but I'd mostly survive, especially if Florida dates were announced for a second tour.

Then the first show dropped and I threw all that out the window and started calculating exactly how much it would cost me to get to Atlanta and back this week. Roped a friend in to cover the gas, took Thursday and Friday off of work, and drove for nine hours total (with a detour to Jacksonville) to get to Atlanta. I missed the opening acts (wasn't happy about that), but I walked in around when intermission was starting, and once I was in the venue I could finally relax and get pumped up properly. I missed out on the event shirt, but the finger design is the worst one, so I wasn't too upset about that.

When the show started with Now I'm Nothing, I immediately knew the set was going to be incredible, and it absolutely was. Now I'm Nothing / Terrible Lie, right into Last, right into Letting You...no chance to breathe. This Isn't the Place was absolutely gorgeous, The Becoming sounded fantastic, LA MER, the Year Zero two-pack (Survivalism was probably the highest energy moment of the show, remarkably - Trent was AMPED for that), and then HMIAIH / Happiness in Slavery to open the encore. My god.

EDIT: I completely forgot Digital, somehow. I didn't expect that it would recur during this tour, so when a song started that I completely didn't recognize, I didn't know what was happening until maybe thirty seconds in. Sounded very good, though.

I got a few unexpected repeats from my 2013 show - primarily Survivalism, Reptile, and Even Deeper. No matter, though - the first two sound amazing live, and Even Deeper is uncommon enough to still be a pleasant surprise (though nothing can compare to the 2013 version with Lisa and Sharlotte). The set design and lighting were great, especially during Copy of a, with the rapidly shifting shadows on the sheet. And the Fox Theatre is a simply gorgeous venue - it almost seemed wrong to have NIN there, lol. The people around me were into the show but also kept to their own little areas, aside from some dude in front of me that repeatedly insisted on standing on his seat - I almost told him to stop before his girlfriend told him, which I'm glad for because he absolutely seemed like someone who would start shit about that.

All in all, the trip wasn't too bad and the show was 100% worth it. And I even got Closer and Copy of a! Man, what luck!

REPLICA
09-29-2018, 11:30 AM
My friend Steven and I had a very different Night 2 than the first. We were on the second floor near Curtain G almost middle of the house and it wasn't a bad view at all. While Night 1 had a setlist I favored more, the crowd we were in during Night 2 had more energy; people dancing, singing along, and such. Someone in our area started lighting up, so I was feeling the drink and the smoke.

Now I'm Nothing, La Mer, and Digital were all great surprises!

After the show, we met up with a couple of you fine people at the Vortex. It was great to put faces to names. Can't wait for next time!

tcrudolph
09-29-2018, 12:23 PM
After having a day to come down from the high, I still can't believe how these two nights went. They were my 12th and 13th NIN shows since my first one in 2000, and despite having loved every show I've ever seen by them, these were my absolute favorites. I'm still reeling from the setlists, sound quality, energy, musicianship, and performance. I think I'm going to write about my experiences further, and maybe I'll post them here, but I am floored by what came to Atlanta for this tour. Both nights were so good that if I had missed one I would've felt like I had severely missed out. Nine Inch Nails have been my "desert island" band since I was 13 in 1995, when my girlfriend gave me Broken for Christmas, despite me knowing absolutely nothing about it. The second Mr Self Destruct started on night #1 and the energy pulsed from the stage into the crowd, I had the immediate thought of "holy shit, did I make the right choice with my favorite artist". My wife and I were Orchestra LC night 1, then Orchestra RC night 2, rows G and F. Unreal. Thank you Trent and company, I couldn't have even imaged better experiences than those shows gave me if I tried. Also, sweeterthan and I were chatting briefly and not knowing what song was coming next each time another one ended was incredible.

blackroseMD1
10-01-2018, 11:38 PM
My organization's national conference was booked a few months ago to start on September 28th in Atlanta. Our financial person asked me if I wanted to fly in a day early so that I could relax and take in a little bit of Atlanta before we all got down to business, and I said yes. I knew that NIN was playing Atlanta on my birthday (the 26th), but didn't realize there was a second show on the 27th. As I was browsing the NIN subreddit one drunken night, I noticed someone talking about a show on the 27th and decided to look into it. 15 minutes later I had my ticket.

As a goof, I decided to tweet at the NIN Twitter account a couple of weeks before the show. I'd always loved "Now I'm Nothing" and shot out a tweet (https://twitter.com/blackroseMD1/status/1040092587904794624) asking them to open the show on the 27th with it. I flew in that day having gotten about 3 hours sleep the night before and, because of delays on both takeoff from San Diego and landing in Atlanta, didn't have time for a nap after checking into the hotel. About 5:30, I started walking from my hotel up to the Fox Theatre. I don't really like going to concerts by myself, but I wasn't going to miss this, especially since there are no San Diego shows.

Found my seat (Orchestra L, Row OO, seat 9), grabbed some shirts (event shirt and CBI tour shirt) after a couple of Tobacco songs, and then watched a bit of JMC until I had to get up and get an energy drink and a beer because I was nodding off due to lack of sleep. I enjoyed JMC's set a lot despite my exhaustion. Once the first notes of "Now I'm Nothing" hit, my exhaustion vanished and I absolutely lost my mind. I know that it was a massive coincidence, but I'll never forget that they actually opened the show with the song that I'd wanted them to for so long.

The setlist was incredible. Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie, This Isn't The Place, The Frail into The Wretched, La Mer...just wow. As Final Destiny wrote above, Survivalism seemed to be the high point of the night in terms of energy. That song almost blew the roof off of the place.

As much as I wanted to see The Perfect Drug (possible, but not probable, considering it had been played night 1) and AATCHB (possible?), the inclusion of Even Deeper made me ridiculously happy, even as I was tearing up during parts of it. That song has a deep emotional tie for me and having it and Hurt back to back made sure that I left the venue with both tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. This is only my third time seeing NIN live (2005 club tour and NIN/SG were my other shows), but it was by far the most emotional and amazing show yet.

I'm already looking at trying to hit both nights in Vegas, because this tour really feels like Trent is just giving us everything, and I want to experience as much as I can.