PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

WorzelG
12-08-2018, 01:04 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrHeX9QF-Wq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=w6w57n9a8gug

someones Instagram pic

Esperanzan
12-08-2018, 01:07 AM
That’s awesome! Guess that counts as a debut, so I’ve already lost my bet - not that I’m complaining...

WorzelG
12-08-2018, 01:26 AM
Was A Drowning actually played on the HTDA tour or is this the first time it’s ever been played?

Esperanzan
12-08-2018, 01:30 AM
Was A Drowning actually played on the HTDA tour or is this the first time it’s ever been played?

IIRC it was the main set closer on that tour.

bobbie solo
12-08-2018, 01:32 AM
yes.

they're doing 'a drowning' now too. there was one in between, but i couldn't make it out.

Ugh. Please no HTDA next Saturday other than maybe Parasite.

xolotl
12-08-2018, 01:42 AM
Was A Drowning actually played on the HTDA tour or is this the first time its ever been played?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdL_SOIQPE&t=3292s

Man, that was a good show...

ManBurning
12-08-2018, 01:45 AM
Ugh. Please no HTDA next Saturday other than maybe Parasite.

I'm not a fan either. The only HTDA song I like is actually "a drowning" so this is kinda neat if they played that one.

bobbie solo
12-08-2018, 01:45 AM
From what I can gleam off IG thus far, they've played MSD, Last, MotP, Piggy, Reptile, Shit Mirror, GBDTD, Gave Up, Copy of A, Parasite, A Drowning, Welcome Oblivion, Closer, Wish, THTF, HLAH, Hurt

bobbie solo
12-08-2018, 01:59 AM
Whoever is editing setlist.fm is claiming they played AATCHB. if true, all the standard stuff listed above and the meh HDTA stuff is cancelled out and the setlist was great lol.

Esperanzan
12-08-2018, 02:04 AM
The HTDA haters will be out in full force soon!

jmtd
12-08-2018, 02:09 AM
The HTDA haters will be out in full force soon!

He's already here!

ManBurning
12-08-2018, 02:37 AM
Whoever is editing setlist.fm is claiming they played AATCHB. if true, all the standard stuff listed above and the meh HDTA stuff is cancelled out and the setlist was great lol.

They could come out, play that one song and walk away and it would have been worth the price of admission!

So far, night 1 doesn't convince me I need to run out and drop a grand on last minute hotel and plane tickets for an emergency run next week.

m0reta
12-08-2018, 02:56 AM
Yes they played home, AATCHB, then hurt for encore.

*ugly crying*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sweeterthan
12-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Wow a HTDA mini set. Id love to see welcome oblivion. But really, since shes right there, play shes gone away. Why would you not?!

Max
12-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Five more nights. They are near home which probably makes it easier to have someone watching the kids. I would expect more HTDA. I like every one of their songs. I dont understand the hate. Shes his wife, and I am sure they enjoy to opportunity to perform again. Id expect to see a lot more, maybe every night out there.

paul_guyet
12-08-2018, 09:01 AM
So, between the two BOTP prints, the new Cheng, that email about the exclusive photo prints, the hype has finally gotten to me and my brain gave me a NIN dream last night.

I've had about a dozen of these in in my life and NONE of them have come even remotely true. The dream centered around getting an email about a week after the final show saying that all six shows were available for download in .wav,FLAC and mp3 format. Over all six nights, they'd played every song they'd learned plus a few new ones. I woke up, went to my email ready to download my stuff...and remembered it was a fucking dream.

I hate my fucking stupid brain.

ricardo
12-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Disliking a band is very different from hating. People are s sensitive these days. Ugh.

I'm not a big fan of htda either. Sorry for the hate lol.

BRoswell
12-08-2018, 09:30 AM
But really, since shes right there, play shes gone away. Why would you not?!

The reaction to it being played live seemed to be a little tepid, so maybe they've shelved it for the time being.

Also, the whining about HTDA material being played is really, really silly.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2018, 09:51 AM
If nothing else, I’m just hoping that set is a sign that HTDA isn’t dead yet.

ryanmcfly
12-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Anyone see Brook Linder walking around on stage with his camera again? Didn't see him at the Irving shows. Wonder if he's editing a ton of footage for the previous nights ala the Ahead of Ourselves video... won't get my hopes up though.

JessicaSarahS
12-08-2018, 10:52 AM
I was watching a FB livestream of the show and I believe it was reptile that had lasers— we need more of that! ;)

botley
12-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Night one from San Francisco, in its entirety:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc9UEFkoVBg

Great-sounding show, too bad the auto-focus on buddy's camera was all fucked for most of the closeups.

Krazy
12-08-2018, 11:29 AM
I was watching a FB livestream of the show and I believe it was reptile that had lasers— we need more of that! ;)

What show are you referring to? NIN has never used “lazers” [cue Dr. Evil voice] as far as I know, was probably those high focused smaller lights.

TheRealNs1
12-08-2018, 11:41 AM
What show are you referring to? NIN has never used “lazers” [cue Dr. Evil voice] as far as I know, was probably those high focused smaller lights.

No. These were fucking lasers last night. Like he called the Tool laser dudes and had them rig that shit up. This was not the same lighting rig I saw just last week in Vegas.

best I can find right now:

https://imgur.com/gallery/rAxBeGY

JessicaSarahS
12-08-2018, 12:07 PM

LA night 1– definitely lasers. Looked way different than the shows I went to.

No. These were fucking lasers last night. Like he called the Tool laser dudes and had them rig that shit up. This was not the same lighting rig I saw just last week in Vegas.

best I can find right now:

https://imgur.com/gallery/rAxBeGY

:D

botley
12-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Looks like the magnetic tape all over everything is back, too! Nice little visual treats for the hometown crowd & Mr. Rach's cameras... :)

redshoewearer
12-08-2018, 12:14 PM
It sounds great - listening to it now. Even when it's not focused I still like the way it looks. Thanks!

mauro995
12-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Anyone see Brook Linder walking around on stage with his camera again? Didn't see him at the Irving shows. Wonder if he's editing a ton of footage for the previous nights ala the Ahead of Ourselves video... won't get my hopes up though.

I just saw this video and he is there, as well as another camera man in the pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZeGf-2u54

frl
12-08-2018, 01:30 PM

There was someone filming during the Vegas shows, at least for parts of them.

sonic_discord
12-08-2018, 02:13 PM
I really hope they actually release a live documentary this time. It was disappointing to have the plan for the Lights in the Sky film fall through. Then obviously, what happened with the Tension Blu-ray... I just hope it actually happens this time!

ManBurning
12-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Wow a HTDA mini set. I’d love to see “welcome oblivion”. But really, since she’s right there, play “she’s gone away”. Why would you not?!

I knoooooow! Why do they hate that song so much? It went from being on every setlist but not played, to played once and never again.
It's like the EDIETS syndrome. The very first time TR played EDIETS he said "that was the first time we played that song, and it might be the last" lol.
But even that song got much more love after that snarky comment.

To be fair, the live recording of the song really didn't do it any justice. Maybe you had to have been there to feel the power of the song, but it didn't transition well live from the recording. Similar to "Dear World" great song, but the live version is kind if meh.

icklekitty
12-08-2018, 03:29 PM
This bums me out so fucking much. Can't believe some fans are already spoiled. We've got the pleasure of STILL HAVING Nine Inch Nails after three decades. No one's quit or died. On top of that we get THIS TOUR with THIS MASSIVE collection of songs, and some of us are bitching. Blows my fucking mind. The ONLY complaint ANYONE could lodge about this tour is that they didn't see enough shows.

/rant

Sorry.

Agree. American NIN fans have been bitching for years about how Europe gets the more diverse setlists in intimate venues. Well, here you go.

loopcloses
12-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Watching the Bill Graham show posted in the thread and I'm ALL ABOUT The Background World being used to transition out of the midset 'quiet' section.

Fadeout54321
12-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Can anyone direct me to videos from last night's mini HTDA set? I'm bad at Google because I can't find anything.

TinDefacto
12-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Watching the Bill Graham show posted in the thread and I'm ALL ABOUT The Background World being used to transition out of the midset 'quiet' section.
That was my thought exactly!! It transitioned so well, and The Background World is one of my all-time favorite songs anyway. Though the ending still feels really jarring to me without the outro -- I wouldn't care if they made it seven minutes long or not, but I feel like there should be some reference to it rather than just the sudden cold end...

zaps30
12-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Were they filming last night?

nooneimportant
12-08-2018, 08:42 PM
I love how during the entire tour the show evolved slowly over time with the set and stuff and then it gets to Los Angeles and now there's fucking laser lights, magnetic tape and HTDA. It's like these shows are the Final Form of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour.

paul_guyet
12-08-2018, 10:51 PM
I knoooooow! Why do they hate that song so much? It went from being on every setlist but not played, to played once and never again.
It's like the EDIETS syndrome. The very first time TR played EDIETS he said "that was the first time we played that song, and it might be the last" lol.
But even that song got much more love after that snarky comment.

To be fair, the live recording of the song really didn't do it any justice. Maybe you had to have been there to feel the power of the song, but it didn't transition well live from the recording. Similar to "Dear World" great song, but the live version is kind if meh.I was at Webster Hall when they played it and it was the filthiest nasty bass I've ever been exposed to. My chest cavity is still vibrating. NO CLUE why they never returned to it.

eachpassingphase
12-08-2018, 11:32 PM
If nothing else, Im just hoping that set is a sign that HTDA isnt dead yet.

See, thats what Im hoping too. Mariqueen recently liked a couple of tweets about HTDA, and also posted an older pic on Instagram of her from from one of the photo shoots she did for HTDA. Then when you add in the set from last night: Im wondering if something is in the works for HTDA.

All of that is probably coincidental, but heres hoping!

Esperanzan
12-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Looks like a Fragile tease to start.

Sarah K
12-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Listening to a shitty stream... I'll try to update.

Somewhat Damaged
The Day The World Went Away
Wish
Less Than
Sin
The Frail
The Wretched
This Isn't The Place
The Perfect Drug
Me, I'm Not
Burn
[We're sad. This is the end. It's bittersweet because we have enjoyed this tour. Thank you. etc. Going to transition back into "civilian life" next week. This music transforms us and lets us get it out of our system. Thank you for the opportunity. This is the last time we're going to play these next couple of times. For real this time. Paying tribute to an incredible inspiration. He taught me hope and that there was a way out. etc.]
I Can't Give Everything Away
Subterraneans (With the GBDTD bit)
The Background World
The Big Come Down
Survivalism
Head Like a Hole

All The Love In The World
Even Deeper
Over and Out
Hurt

3po1nt0
12-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Looks like a Fragile tease to start.

does anyone stream these shows?

Esperanzan
12-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Listening to a shitty stream... I'll try to update.

This Isn't The Place
The Perfect Drug
Me, I'm Not

Where can I find this stream?

3po1nt0
12-09-2018, 12:35 AM
awesome mix only 3 repeats from n1

3po1nt0
12-09-2018, 12:37 AM
dammit i may not get to see subterraneans next week. shiit

3po1nt0
12-09-2018, 01:19 AM
nice, happiness in slavery and/or full broken saved for next week

ryanmcfly
12-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Were they filming last night?

yes.

ryanmcfly
12-09-2018, 09:02 AM
I was at Webster Hall when they played it and it was the filthiest nasty bass I've ever been exposed to. My chest cavity is still vibrating. NO CLUE why they never returned to it.

I can tell you why. It had practically zero crowd reaction. It was disappointing. That was such a good show.

WorzelG
12-09-2018, 10:17 AM
I can tell you why. It had practically zero crowd reaction. It was disappointing. That was such a good show.
I don’t think that should be a reason though, according to someone on here The Lovers got tame reactions last year - you watch the pro-shot Madrid festival performance and the crowd are actually clapping along to it (that festival really had a great crowd). I love The Lovers and I’m glad he ploughed on with it

imail724
12-09-2018, 11:00 AM
[We're sad. This is the end. It's bittersweet because we have enjoyed this tour...This is the last time we're going to play these next couple of times. For real this time. Paying tribute to an incredible inspiration. He taught me hope and that there was a way out. etc.]Wait what? Is he saying this is the last time they're going to play shows, or the last time they're going to play those Bowie songs?

Sarah K
12-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Wait what? Is he saying this is the last time they're going to play shows, or the last time they're going to play those Bowie songs?

Sorry. That should have been next couple of "songs". The last time they're playing the Bowie ones "for real this time". He has said multiple times now that this is not it.

roolfdriht
12-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Ive never been so hot and squashed in a pit as I was at Webster, so if the overall reaction seemed anemic, it could well have been that everyone was just trying to catch a breath. I suspect my attempts to cheer sounded more like a whimper at that point in the evening...

Papagolash
12-09-2018, 11:14 AM
I’ve never been so hot and squashed in a pit as I was at Webster, so if the overall reaction seemed anemic, it could well have been that everyone was just trying to catch a breath. I suspect my attempts to cheer sounded more like a whimper at that point in the evening...

It was so brutally hot in there, the whole floor was covered in what I assume was sweat after the show. There wasn't a dry spot anywere. The crowd did seem pretty tame from what I remember. Me and my friend were going off by the side but the people around us were dead.

magnolia
12-09-2018, 11:41 AM
It was so brutally hot in there, the whole floor was covered in what I assume was sweat after the show. There wasn't a dry spot anywere. The crowd did seem pretty tame from what I remember. Me and my friend were going off by the side but the people around us were dead.

Really? I thought the crowd was bananas the whole show, apart from The Lovers, yes, in which everyone seemed to be catching their breath. In my memory, anyway.

I dont believe I have ever sweat so much in my entire damn life. Like a sweat lodge in there that night. Buckets and buckets of sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swykk
12-09-2018, 12:39 PM
No video of A Drowning?

I bet Robin killed it on the ending too. Damn.

zaps30
12-09-2018, 01:07 PM
yes.

Thanks. Hopefully, it will see a release.

paul_guyet
12-09-2018, 01:37 PM
I’ve never been so hot and squashed in a pit as I was at Webster, so if the overall reaction seemed anemic, it could well have been that everyone was just trying to catch a breath. I suspect my attempts to cheer sounded more like a whimper at that point in the evening...Yeah, that was the middle of summer, and a Monday night, and that place was packed. Wow, I wonder if that one lackluster response really dictated their never playing it again...

Even if it did, I would have thought the response from the fans on this tour and the depth of the deep cuts would have spurred on to try it a few more times.

Here's hoping for a Trilogy show this week...

Esperanzan
12-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Yeah, that was the middle of summer, and a Monday night, and that place was packed. Wow, I wonder if that one lackluster response really dictated their never playing it again...

Even if it did, I would have thought the response from the fans on this tour and the depth of the deep cuts would have spurred on to try it a few more times.

Here's hoping for a Trilogy show this week...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm always the pessimist, but I'm honestly not expecting a single debut in the next four shows other than maybe a cover with a guest. They've kinda settled into a groove and I don't expect them to be doing anything much.

rockthemullet
12-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Night one from San Francisco, in its entirety:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc9UEFkoVBg

Great-sounding show, too bad the auto-focus on buddy's camera was all fucked for most of the closeups.

Hey, this my recording! Glad people are finding it and enjoying it. Yeah, I know, I was getting all annoyed with the auto-focus, too--it's a relatively new camera, so I hadn't figured out how to fix the focus. After the show that night, I figured out how to refocus it and was set on getting a better video from night 2...but then they didn't let me bring my camera in night 2. I still got audio of the show and filmed it on a knockoff GoPro and my cell phone, but yeah, the video isn't the best of quality obviously. I'll still post it once I get around to editing it all together.

botley
12-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Nice job rockthemullet! We're glad to have a complete show in any case. ninlive I'm sure will want your raw camera files for the archive...

cdm
12-10-2018, 10:32 AM
Really? I thought the crowd was bananas the whole show, apart from The Lovers, yes, in which everyone seemed to be catching their breath. In my memory, anyway.

I don’t believe I have ever sweat so much in my entire damn life. Like a sweat lodge in there that night. Buckets and buckets of sweat.

A fuckin sauna.

And to expand on that: I thought the setlist was great, especially The Lovers and She's Gone Away (and the lack of Hurt). I'm not sure how anyone could bitch about that set. From my spot the place was nuts from start to finish.

Max
12-10-2018, 10:40 AM
What is there, four nights left?

4. PHM + Broken
3. TDS (-BMWAG +DeadSouls)
2. The Fragile
1. The Trilogy

This would all be in keeping with the spirit of the tour, most of the songs they have already played minus a few on PHM and The Fragile.

Let's do this. People will talk about it for YEARS. People will cry. It will be the stuff of legend.

WorzelG
12-10-2018, 11:35 AM

4. PHM + Broken
2. The Fragile
1. The Trilogy

This would all be in keeping with the spirit of the tour, most of the songs they have already played minus a few on PHM and The Fragile.

Let's do this. People will talk about it for YEARS. People will cry. It will be the stuff of legend.
i love the Trilogy personally but I think doing a whole show of it would be quite upsetting for someone who went to only that show and wasn’t really into it - I mean I think that might upset quite hardcore fans, not just the woman at the tour beginning who complained about lack of Closer

cdm
12-10-2018, 11:41 AM
i love the Trilogy personally but I think doing a whole show of it would be quite upsetting for someone who went to only that show and wasn’t really into it - I mean I think that might upset quite hardcore fans, not just the woman at the tour beginning who complained about lack of Closer

^^ This is the exact reason why they should do it.

3po1nt0
12-10-2018, 12:35 PM

4. PHM + Broken
2. The Fragile
1. The Trilogy

broken in full is coming (i think). it's been done 2x this tour already, so LA is a good spot for a triple dip.

tds was already played in full at palladium 09 so that one's a long shot. plus when was the last heresy or ruiner (personal favs)

too many from PHM are permanently shelved

i'd like to hear some ghosts material but that's in cold storage too

we may get one or more of the eps in full, that doesn't seem too out of realm of possibilities

as for fragile, i would like to hear starfuckers for old times' sake

other stuff that should get played
only
discipline?
dead souls obv
in this twilight
great destroyer
letting you
eraser

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-10-2018, 12:48 PM
At this point, I’m mainly ready for these shows to end so I don’t have to hear people express how displeased they are about things they were in no way promised, despite this tour being such a landmark in so many other ways. :/ He could play every album from start to finish in one night and you’d still have at least a handful of motherfuckers say “Ugh but they didn’t play ‘Deep’ tho.” *promptly throws folding chair*

Such is the case for every tour by every band ever, unfortunately.

(For the record, I LOVE “Deep,” just needed a non-album example heh.)

xolotl
12-10-2018, 01:00 PM
“Ugh but they didn’t play ‘Deep’ tho.”

"I'm glad that we got Closer to God, The Great Collapse, and At The Heart of it All, but I can't help but be disappointed we didn't also get Head Like a Hole (Slate)"

Max
12-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Thats pretty funny!

I dont think its bad for people to express what they would dream of seeing but yes, the complaints on the other hand are mostly childish.

If there is one thing that I have learned from ETS it is that there is near zero agreement on a dream set list from anyone. The complaints are lame but the I would love to hear.. seems fine to me.

ryanmcfly
12-10-2018, 01:26 PM
I agree that Broken will likely get played on one of these nights. Especially since they're filming the shows. It makes too much sense not to. They've debuted A Drowning and Welcome Oblivion at the LA shows, and I think maybe one or two more debuts are possible... cough Ruiner cough. But we shall see. Regardless, if they just play everything else that's been played on this tour, these shows will still be excellent.

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-10-2018, 05:50 PM
broken in full is coming (i think). it's been done 2x this tour already, so LA is a good spot for a triple dip.

tds was already played in full at palladium 09 so that one's a long shot. plus when was the last heresy or ruiner (personal favs)

too many from PHM are permanently shelved

i'd like to hear some ghosts material but that's in cold storage too

we may get one or more of the eps in full, that doesn't seem too out of realm of possibilities

as for fragile, i would like to hear starfuckers for old times' sake

other stuff that should get played
only
discipline?
dead souls obv
in this twilight
great destroyer
letting you
eraser

Ruiner was last seen in the last Wave Goodbye tour and it was so soooo goooood <3

Hate having any expectations, but the only song I'm holding my breath for is The Great Below at this point. It wouldn't be if it wasn't a song they've rehearsed for that tour and then unfortunately saw it crossed out on the setlist for the show at The Wiltern :p

paul_guyet
12-10-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm feeling a night of Broken in full then TDS in full. They've done Broken in full, they've done TDS front to back at the Palladium in 09, how else to top it? Logistically speaking, they'd only have to pick up four songs to do it.

As far as PHM or the Trilogy or Fragile in full, when on earth would they have had time to learn these dozens of songs?!

xolotl
12-10-2018, 07:34 PM
when on earth would they have had time to learn these dozens of songs?!

Eh, they're only onstage for, what, just under two hours a day? If we give 'em a few hours for meals and sleep, that's still nearly twenty hours a day. Chop chop, guys.

gorast
12-10-2018, 08:20 PM
I would really love PHM cover to cover to end the tour. I know it's a year early for the 30th, but wouldn't that just be amazing? Imagine seeing Head Like a Hole open the show - that's when expectations just go right out the window.

paul_guyet
12-10-2018, 08:40 PM
I would really love PHM cover to cover to end the tour. I know it's a year early for the 30th, but wouldn't that just be amazing? Imagine seeing Head Like a Hole open the show - that's when expectations just go right out the window.I know they opened with HLAH at some point on Wave Goodbye. If I saw that, I'd probably leave, just because I'm so conditioned...

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-10-2018, 09:31 PM
I know they opened with HLAH at some point on Wave Goodbye. If I saw that, I'd probably leave, just because I'm so conditioned...

lol

My pie in the sky dream is The Fragile in its entirety. WITT has only been played once(!) in the U.S. at a somewhat secret show.

3po1nt0
12-10-2018, 09:50 PM
I know they opened with HLAH at some point on Wave Goodbye. If I saw that, I'd probably leave, just because I'm so conditioned...

FONDA. HLAH/Terrible Lie back 2 back show opener. i just about lost it. then they played sin, but i was still thrilled

Esperanzan
12-10-2018, 09:51 PM
lol

My pie in the sky dream is The Fragile in its entirety. WITT has only been played once(!) in the U.S. at a somewhat secret show.

Nah it was performed around 5 times in 2007. It was dropped pretty quickly, probably because of how hard it was to sing (even pitched down!)

jmtd
12-11-2018, 04:20 AM
Nah it was performed around 5 times in 2007. It was dropped pretty quickly, probably because of how hard it was to sing (even pitched down!)

You're both right. It was played 5 times, once in the US.

ricardo
12-11-2018, 09:12 AM
I think a special The Fragile set is possible and Trent should definitely go for it. TPD should open the show as a pre-Fragile prologue, with AATCHB closing the night. It's my favorite NIN era, let me dream a little. :)

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Is this the tour spoilers thread or the song predictions thread?

Edit: Didn’t expect top of page for that post, but I’ll take it! Seems fitting. :)

ricardo
12-11-2018, 01:56 PM
It's the song predictions thread.

Krazy
12-11-2018, 09:07 PM
“LAZERSSS!!!”...

https://youtu.be/_lrjt7A1d6c

TheRealNs1
12-11-2018, 09:19 PM
You should find the videos for Sin and Reptile.

Krazy
12-11-2018, 09:27 PM
You should find the videos for Sin and Reptile.

Couldnt find Sin, but here’s Reptile...

https://youtu.be/hBQeZWOv1CM

Krazy
12-11-2018, 09:36 PM
They should do the whitest of lasers during Wish, as if our retinas need anymore burning in with those strobes. Ha!!!

Sarah K
12-11-2018, 11:52 PM
Now I'm Nothing
Terrible Lie
Mr Self Destruct
....and, lost my stream. Sorry. :( Hell of a way to open, though!
Unsure of the order from here out!
Sin (?)
March of the Pigs (?)
Piggy (?)
Closer (?)
Stream is back! Lmao.
Something I Can Never Have!
Sanctified - with Please bits
Stream lost again

"After all that old stuff, we're gonna play something relatively new. This is from 1994"
Burn

nooneimportant
12-11-2018, 11:54 PM
I'm wondering if they're going to break out those projectors from the 2017 Bakersfield show. Trent says he hated it but I feel like it was pretty great especially during Parasite and The Lovers.

laura
12-12-2018, 12:11 AM
sin (with LASERS). more lasers please.
then motp & piggy...

fillow
12-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Another pre-Fragile set?

laura
12-12-2018, 12:30 AM
yup— so far it’s all pre-1995

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Should have splurged on that emergency $1000 trip to LA. Oh well. Count me officially jealous. Great set! Fantastic set! Wouldn't have wanted to have waited in that line though. Why on earth were people camping out for a Tuesday show? Was nobody camping out for the Friday or Saturday shows?

4am after show edit:
So now that the full set is out, it's similar to Vegas night 2, so that's cool. But I'm kinda sad he did another pre-1995 set because now that Vegas night 2 set isn't anything special anymore.

Anyway, I'm still happy that ya'll got to witness the epicness of going back in time to a "pre fragile" set in 2018.

So I originally had tickets to this show, until I sold them and decided to go to Vegas, so I'm not sad I missed out, since I ended up getting the set I wanted one way or the other anyway. But if I did end up keeping tickets and going to LA instead just for this show, despite the absence of TPD, I would have walked away happy.

All in all, glad I went to Vegas instead though. The posters were better, heh. Tonight's poster was a complete abomination, lol.

Anyone's guess what lies in store for the second half of the 6 LA shows. So far this is the best of the 3, with Saturdays being a close second. What could be next? Exciting times!

TheRealNs1
12-12-2018, 02:17 AM
Should have splurged on that emergency $1000 trip to LA. Oh well. Count me officially jealous. Great set! Fantastic set! Wouldn't have wanted to have waited in that line though. Why on earth were people camping out for a Tuesday show? Was nobody camping out for the Friday or Saturday shows?

Yeah no I walked in at 935 (no wait) and they came on at 945.

for you poor streamers, there is definitely a rear channel going on during reptile.

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-12-2018, 02:31 AM
Now I'm Nothing
Terrible Lie
Mr Self Destruct
....and, lost my stream. Sorry. :( Hell of a way to open, though!
Unsure of the order from here out!
Sin (?)
March of the Pigs (?)
Piggy (?)
Closer (?)
Stream is back! Lmao.
Something I Can Never Have!
Sanctified - with Please bits
Stream lost again

"After all that old stuff, we're gonna play something relatively new. This is from 1994"
Burn
+ Physical, A Warm Place, Dead Souls, Help Me Im in Hell, Happiness in Slavery, Reptile...

TheRealNs1
12-12-2018, 02:39 AM
+suck before physical. Closed it out with Gave Up / Wish / HLAH

encore was AWP / Reptile / Dead Souls / Hurt.

WorzelG
12-12-2018, 03:19 AM
I follow someone on Twitter who says there has been a 'pit talk' by Security every night at the Hollywood Palladium - what's that about? Sounds funny!

Haysey_Draws
12-12-2018, 03:27 AM
I follow someone on Twitter who says there has been a 'pit talk' by Security every night at the Hollywood Palladium - what's that about? Sounds funny!

Probably not nearly as exciting as you think. When i was in the health and safety room at Brixton Academy during a Paramore show years ago i got talking to the head of security. They basically have to keep an eye on the pit/pits and watch for people who are injured/look out of their depth and might get seriously injured with night vision and relay that to the security on the rail so they can act quickly, and the talk is probably to re-enforce what to look for and be aware. They also have to keep an eye for pick pockets and the tell tale signs, it was all pretty fascinating honestly.

Jinsai
12-12-2018, 03:35 AM
Uh, well, that was the set list I wanted so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fragility3.1
12-12-2018, 04:07 AM

Just a speech about how rough a Nine Inch Nails pit is and a warning to the newbies. Many stayed only to be pulled out by security during Mr. Self Destruct.

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 05:32 AM
Just a speech about how rough a Nine Inch Nails pit is and a warning to the newbies. Many stayed only to be pulled out by security during Mr. Self Destruct.

I heard security give people this "talk" at the Vegas show. Warning people to get out while they could. It was at Night 1, and that was a pretty soft night, in comparison.
There was barely any movement that night, it was pretty tame. I wasn't in the pit for night 2, which was the heavier set. Night 1 was pretty quiet, so guessing they were kept in their toes for night 2.

mauro995
12-12-2018, 06:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwG4zfvwxN8

nooneimportant
12-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Dude, the audio on this video is crazy. I thought it was soundboard for a moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsAYVAu8ZC0

henryeatscereal
12-12-2018, 08:31 AM
sin (with LASERS). more lasers please.
then motp & piggy...
Careful with those Lasers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95zesJKdJQ

AThousandDaysBefore
12-12-2018, 08:54 AM
With all those crazy setlist, I want more concerts, I really like the idea of this tour, a lot of concerts in the same venue, with a different feeling between each one
Festival night ,Further down the spiral night , Trilogy night, Fragile night David Bowie night, broken night, the only problem is we need like 10 concerts in every city

FULLMETAL
12-12-2018, 10:35 AM
That’s the first time I’ve seen someone in-between the stage & rail shooting video while Brock was shooting on stage.

sonic_discord
12-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Very interesting that they played a whole set of pre-Fragile songs! Also very interesting that they played all of Broken (except Pinion), but it was *broken* up and spread throughout the set. I've had some serious FOMO after looking at like 75% of the setlists this tour! Glad I went to 2 shows, but I keep finding myself wishing I could have gone to more!

ryanmcfly
12-12-2018, 01:17 PM
That’s the first time I’ve seen someone in-between the stage & rail shooting video while Brock was shooting on stage.

They've been doing that so far in LA. Hopefully we actually get a release of these shows.

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Very interesting that they played a whole set of pre-Fragile songs!

They did it for Vegas night 2 as well. I liked Vegas' a tad more, because we had The Perfect Drug included with it.
even though LA's "pre fragile show" was 2 songs longer at 22 songs VS 20.

TheRealNs1
12-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Also Sin w/ lasers >>>> Sin without lasers

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Also Sin w/ lasers >>>> Sin without lasers

I've never seen the lasers in person, or in video for that matter, but I've seen the photos and I agree, it looks awesome!

3po1nt0
12-12-2018, 03:37 PM
so is the conventional wisdom that tonight will be the new school complement to last night's trip down memory lane?

if so i'm hoping for:
only
discipline
letting you
great destroyer
in this twilight
something from hesitation marks other than copy of a but they will probably play copy of a also
ep stuff obv.

only classic song not played last night in rotation this tour was eraser, iirc. down in it would be great to dust off the mothballs

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 03:54 PM
down in it would be great to dust off the mothballs

If we're talking about dusting off the mothballs off of PHM songs, I think it's time Ringfinger makes a triumphant return.
I'd like to hear their take on a 2018/modern day update of that song!

3po1nt0
12-12-2018, 03:57 PM
If we're talking about dusting off the mothballs off of PHM songs, I think it's time Ringfinger makes a triumphant return.
I'd like to hear their take on a 2018/modern day update of that song!
um, if a song hasn't been played since 1991 that's cryogenic storage. i'm trying to remain optimistic and realistic at the same time. but go ahead, prove me wrong!

Come_Reptile
12-12-2018, 04:16 PM
How about some Fragile+Still action tonight before a new school affair on Friday?

FULLMETAL
12-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Come on. We’ll get a 3 night THE FRAGILE residency in Las Vegas next year. It’s practically a (god) given.

Esperanzan
12-12-2018, 05:18 PM
um, if a song hasn't been played since 1991 that's cryogenic storage. i'm trying to remain optimistic and realistic at the same time. but go ahead, prove me wrong!

You never know, Now I'm Nothing was defrosted in 2009 and that was last played in 1991.

sonic_discord
12-12-2018, 05:49 PM

To be fair, 6 months ago, none of us thought The Perfect Drug had a snowball's chance in hell of being played and we all know how that turned out.

Toadflax
12-12-2018, 06:40 PM
so is the conventional wisdom that tonight will be the new school complement to last night's trip down memory lane?

The problem with that is how little it would offer to the casual fan. I think the smart thing about the 1989-1994 set is it's full of stuff for the I-liked-them-when-I-was-younger crowd but is also a nice treat for the die hard fans, who appreciate how atypical it is for them to do that.

Granted, this feels like a tour targeted to the long term fan, but it's not a coincidence that most of the biggest hits get played every night.

3po1nt0
12-12-2018, 07:02 PM
The problem with that is how little it would offer to the casual fan. I think the smart thing about the 1989-1994 set is it's full of stuff for the I-liked-them-when-I-was-younger crowd but is also a nice treat for the die hard fans, who appreciate how atypical it is for them to do that.

Granted, this feels like a tour targeted to the long term fan, but it's not a coincidence that most of the biggest hits get played every night.

i fully expect wish, hlah and hurt to be played tonight. maybe motp as well.

are the "hits"/singles from 1999-present not familiar enough to tide people over?

i mean starfuckers, hand that feeds, only, 1,000,000, discipline, copy of a, less than should yield sufficient crowd engagement if spaced out along the setlist.

there's no need to dumb it down. night 2 was pretty sparse on the oldies after all. only 5/21 were from 94 or before.

Toadflax
12-12-2018, 07:15 PM
i fully expect wish, hlah and hurt to be played tonight. maybe motp as well.

are the "hits"/singles from 1999-present not familiar enough to tide people over?

i mean starfuckers, hand that feeds, only, 1,000,000, discipline, copy of a, less than should yield sufficient crowd engagement if spaced out along the setlist.

there's no need to dumb it down. night 2 was pretty sparse on the oldies after all. only 5/21 were from 94 or before.

I think The Hand That Feeds is the only one on that list that the most casual fan would know. I think of Head Like A Hole, Hurt, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, and probably Wish as the Big Five for the radio fan. The singles from the last several albums get radio play for a couple months after they're out but then tend never to get touched again.

I'm definitely not talking about dumbing it down, but you also want to do your best to satisfy everyone who comes to your show. I'm going to all six nights and have been thrilled at how different each night is, but a casual fan who only goes one night has certain songs he'd love to hear. It's not Trent's job to cater to that one guy, but it's certainly a consideration to give him at least some of what he wants.

I used to kind of resent The Hand That Feeds being a mainstay on setlists, because I think it's such a lackluster song, but then I thought about how there are a ton of people for whom that was their first NIN song or album and the one song they're dying to hear, so now I don't mind it so much.

3po1nt0
12-12-2018, 07:18 PM
I think The Hand That Feeds is the only one on that list that the most casual fan would know. I think of Head Like A Hole, Hurt, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, and probably Wish as the Big Five for the radio fan. The singles from the last several albums get radio play for a couple months after they're out but then tend never to get touched again.

I'm definitely not talking about dumbing it down, but you also want to do your best to satisfy everyone who comes to your show. I'm going to all six nights and have been thrilled at how different each night is, but a casual fan who only goes one night has certain songs he'd love to hear. It's not Trent's job to cater to that one guy, but it's certainly a consideration to give him at least some of what he wants.

I used to kind of resent The Hand That Feeds being a mainstay on setlists, because I think it's such a lackluster song, but then I thought about how there are a ton of people for whom that was their first NIN song or album and the one song they're dying to hear, so now I don't mind it so much.

between you and me and everyone else reading this let's hope they play the requisite number of hits to prop up the attention of casuals while punctuating tonight's setlist with some unexpected gems. anticipation and word of mouth should be running pretty high after last night so here's to capitalizing on momentum.

Helpmeiaminhell
12-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Pretty Hate Machine beginning to end. Just once

Krazy
12-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Anyone have any luck finding a video of Sin being played the other night in LA? My Google-fu and YouTube searches haven’t yielded any results yet...

TheRealNs1
12-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Anyone have any luck finding a video of Sin being played the other night in LA? My Google-fu and YouTube searches haven’t yielded any results yet...

my god look at all those pretty lights: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSV9BiHm6I/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

how to find Sin on Social Media:

1) Search for #NIN
2) Look for RED
3) Filter out CLOSER - even with sound off, I was able to filter out Closer because the lasers synced to "The Only Time" breakdown.

roolfdriht
12-12-2018, 08:26 PM
only classic song not played last night in rotation this tour was eraser, iirc.

The Becoming and I Do Not Want This were also notable omissions on that front.

Personal preference of course, but I would permanently retire Dead Souls if it increased the probability of either of these (or Heresy or Ruiner, for that matter) getting played more in the future.

Max
12-12-2018, 08:39 PM
The Becoming was played night 2 in ATL when I went and I was very happily surprised!

sonic_discord
12-12-2018, 09:42 PM

Personal preference of course, but I would permanently retire Dead Souls if it increased the probability of either of these (or Heresy or Ruiner, for that matter) getting played more in the future.

I've seen Eraser twice, but I have never seen I Do Not Want This or Dead Souls and I prefer both of them to Eraser, so I'd disagree there. Though, I would rather see Ruiner than any of them, so I'm with you on that!

Erneuert
12-12-2018, 10:18 PM

I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more! Unless he was being facetious, in which case it completely went over my head.

3po1nt0
12-12-2018, 10:19 PM
if there's a chance the becoming could get played at one of the next three shows, my enthusiasm just went to an 11

ManBurning
12-12-2018, 11:53 PM
I love the becoming. Probably my favorite track from TDS. Followed by Ruiner and then Heresy. Why does he always seem to neglect playing the best songs?

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 12:03 AM
I love the becoming. Probably my favorite track from TDS. Followed by Ruiner and then Heresy. Why does he always seem to neglect playing the best songs?

To keep us always wanting more and just trickling little rarities out here and there when he’s in the mood. It’s pretty clever when you think about it. Plus trollage, but mostly the former.

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Branches/Bones
Wish
Less Than

ManBurning
12-13-2018, 12:10 AM
To keep us always wanting more and just trickling little rarities out here and there when he’s in the mood. It’s pretty clever when you think about it. Plus trollage, but mostly the former.

Yeah, after the way this tour was going, I thought he was going to bust out every single rare and never before played song and therefore, giving fans a reason to not have to attend shows anymore. I kept attending shows in hopes 1 day The Perfect Drug would be played. Now that that is out of the way... I guess we move down the line to Sunspots and Demon seed. Keeps us wanting to come back again.

But even if every single song gets played live, I don't think I would ever stop going to see the band live. It's an addiction. Trent and Co. have one of the greatest rock shows on the planet at the moment. I hope he realizes just how important he and his band are to the music scene right now.

Sarah K
12-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Got a stream starting about 35 minutes in, unsure what was played first... But try to update from here.

"I'm not gonna lie. We're tired. But we must suffer for art, and we shall tonight. Thank you for coming out to see us."
Shit Mirror
Ahead of Ourselves

Aaaaand, that was short lived. :(

sonic_discord
12-13-2018, 12:43 AM
I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more! Unless he was being facetious, in which case it completely went over my head.

I hope he was being serious, because The becoming is probably my favorite song on TDS (Mr Self Destruct, I Do Not Want This, Ruiner, and Reptile rounding out the top 5) and its in my top 5 NIN songs of all time. I FINALLY saw them pay it in Chicago at my 8th NIN show. Saw 2 other favorites (Last and The Perfect Drug) the following night. I hope they keep this tour going into 2019 and finally book a MN show (or a show in Seattle or Portland because I have friends there)!

GentlemanLoser
12-13-2018, 01:01 AM
Pretty Hate Machine beginning to end. Just once

Maybe Just Once.

TheRealNs1
12-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Some notables: Becoming / I do not want this / I’m afraid of Americans / only / good soldier.

dont think they played anything off the fragile except Even Deeper.

JessicaSarahS
12-13-2018, 01:32 AM
"I'm not gonna lie. We're tired. But we must suffer for art, and we shall tonight. Thank you for coming out to see us."

Aww! It’s almost over! They’ve been playing their hearts out. Such an amazing tour overall.

ManBurning
12-13-2018, 01:38 AM
I recall, a few tours ago, TR saying something along the lines of: “wow, I didn’t realise you guys liked that song so much. If I’d known we’d play it more often,” or something along those lines re: The Becoming. So... play it more!

if there's a chance the becoming could get played at one of the next three shows, my enthusiasm just went to an 11

Well, you somehow called that.
Unless TR was literally creeping this thread before they were about to go on... Kind of a coincidence if you ask me, lol.

sweeterthan
12-13-2018, 01:39 AM
Aww! Its almost over! Theyve been playing their hearts out. Such an amazing tour overall.

I dont want it to end. I love reading the set lists and posts about the shows.

JessicaSarahS
12-13-2018, 01:42 AM
I don’t want it to end. I love reading the set lists and posts about the shows.

Same here. �� Gonna miss the community so much! I feel reconnected to it in a way that I haven’t been in quite some time.

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 01:43 AM
Well, you somehow called that.
Unless TR was literally creeping this thread before they were about to go on... Kind of a coincidence if you ask me, lol.

A little too coincidental if you ask me... Repeat after me: Sunspots, Demon Seed, Sunspots, Demon Seed, Sunspots...

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-13-2018, 02:37 AM
Why do you want bad bad songs to be played? :/

Tumnayar
12-13-2018, 03:02 AM
A little too coincidental if you ask me... Repeat after me: Sunspots, Demon Seed, Sunspots, Demon Seed, Sunspots...

yes please

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 03:09 AM

If they don’t suit, repeat after me: 10 Miles High, Please, Everything, Zero-Sum, Ringfinger, Ruiner, My Violent Heart...

ManBurning
12-13-2018, 05:29 AM

You calling Sunspots and Demon Seed bad songs?? You out of this world?
Easily 2 of NIN's best songs of all time.
In my top 10 for sure. (which strangely enough there is a lack of a "top 10 favorite NIN songs" thread on this forum for some reason. I searched and couldn't find one. I was going to create one the other day, but I'm convinced there has to be one, there HAS to be. Nobody has thought of this topic before?)

bryan_NIN65
12-13-2018, 05:41 AM
You calling Sunspots and Demon Seed bad songs?? You out of this world?
Easily 2 of NIN's best songs of all time.
In my top 10 for sure. (which strangely enough there is a lack of a "top 10 favorite NIN songs" thread on this forum for some reason. I searched and couldn't find one. I was going to create one the other day, but I'm convinced there has to be one, there HAS to be. Nobody has thought of this topic before?)

Ok Sunspots is a top song for me , I don't know if I can pick a favorite but it's right up there, when the synth kicks in and the song starts to rock oh my god is it killer. I was looking forward to Sactified just to hear the Sunspots synth (it wound up to quite and i struggled to hear it in Vegas) although that will probably mean it won't get played kinda like The only Time inside of Closer.

Swykk
12-13-2018, 06:00 AM
So that was probably the best setlist of the entire tour...maybe 10/26 beats it but it’s damn close.

ManBurning
12-13-2018, 06:11 AM
Ok Sunspots is a top song for me , I don't know if I can pick a favorite but it's right up there, when the synth kicks in and the song starts to rock oh my god is it killer. I was looking forward to Sactified just to hear the Sunspots synth (it wound up to quite and i struggled to hear it in Vegas) although that will probably mean it won't get played kinda like The only Time inside of Closer.

The synth totally makes the song. Best synth line he's done, and the fact he's incorporated it into Sanctified worries me also that the full song itself will never be played. He knows that's a damn wicked synth line and doesn't want it to go to waste, so he's put it in another song.

The problem is, it's not loud enough. You're right. It's quiet. You need to be listening for it. It's overshadowed by all the other noises going on. I would just like to hear that synth noise across the house speakers as loud as it can go with no other song noise interfering.

On a somewhat unrelated thought, I'm surprised that no soundboard quality recordings have leaked from this tour. How does one manage to get a hold of such recordings?
I remember during the wave goodbye tour, there was a collection of soundboard recordings that surfaced from that. What I would give for soundboard quality recordings of this tour. AATCHB... The Perfect Drug.. Happiness in Slavery... man...

Hey Trent, if you want to give us a Christmas present this year, can you release a soundboard quality recording of one of the LA shows? Pleeease. :)

roolfdriht
12-13-2018, 06:37 AM
So that was probably the best setlist of the entire tour...maybe 10/26 beats it but its damn close.

Its amazing what 2 extra tracks on top of the standard 20 can do to change ones perception. Pretty amusing that Trent would comment on fatigue and then go long...

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 08:32 AM
It’s amazing what 2 extra tracks on top of the standard 20 can do to change one’s perception. Pretty amusing that Trent would comment on fatigue and then go long...

It’s his perverse nature that makes him so endearing. :)

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 08:36 AM
The synth totally makes the song. Best synth line he's done, and the fact he's incorporated it into Sanctified worries me also that the full song itself will never be played. He knows that's a damn wicked synth line and doesn't want it to go to waste, so he's put it in another song.

The problem is, it's not loud enough. You're right. It's quiet. You need to be listening for it. It's overshadowed by all the other noises going on. I would just like to hear that synth noise across the house speakers as loud as it can go with no other song noise interfering.

On a somewhat unrelated thought, I'm surprised that no soundboard quality recordings have leaked from this tour. How does one manage to get a hold of such recordings?
I remember during the wave goodbye tour, there was a collection of soundboard recordings that surfaced from that. What I would give for soundboard quality recordings of this tour. AATCHB... The Perfect Drug.. Happiness in Slavery... man...

Hey Trent, if you want to give us a Christmas present this year, can you release a soundboard quality recording of one of the LA shows? Pleeease. :)

Agree on all points re: Sunspots. Although, since a rehearsal performance does exist from 2006, he knows he can pull it off in a live setting. And well.

This was also the case with All The Love In The World. And we eventually got that in 2013... towards the end of the tour if I remember correctly. Hey! Sounds like the perfect timing for Sunspots to appear...

ryanmcfly
12-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Agree on all points re: Sunspots. Although, since a rehearsal performance does exist from 2006, he knows he can pull it off in a live setting. And well.

This was also the case with All The Love In The World. And we eventually got that in 2013... towards the end of the tour if I remember correctly. Hey! Sounds like the perfect timing for Sunspots to appear...

The rehearsal of Sunspots was hot garbage though. It's a top three or four NIN song for me and my personal favorite vocal performance of Trent's. I think he can pull it off better now than then though.

The rehearsal of ATLITW sucked too, but glad it turned out the way it did when they finally played it.

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 08:44 AM
The rehearsal of Sunspots was hot garbage though. It's a top three or four NIN song for me and my personal favorite vocal performance of Trent's. I think he can pull it off better now than then though.

Indeed. His vocals are at an all time high right now.

ryanmcfly
12-13-2018, 08:58 AM
So far, songs that have been played on tour but not in LA:
The Great Destroyer
Burning Bright
Metal
Digital
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Dear World,
La Mer
Starfuckers
The Beginning of the End
Eraser

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 09:01 AM
...and that single scant appearance of She’s Gone Away in 2017, whose tour’s namesake was taken from “Not Anymore” which has yet to appear at all. Ah, the mysteries of the NIN universe!

Toadflax
12-13-2018, 12:18 PM
What I would give for soundboard quality recordings of this tour. ... The Perfect Drug...

https://youtu.be/U5pVah5-3IM?t=2950

ryanmcfly
12-13-2018, 01:05 PM
https://youtu.be/U5pVah5-3IM?t=2950

Anyone have an audio rip of this?

Toadflax
12-13-2018, 01:14 PM
Anyone have an audio rip of this?

https://www.ytddownloader.com/

ryanmcfly
12-13-2018, 01:17 PM
https://www.ytddownloader.com/

I mean, I was hoping that someone had one already that wasn't just a rip off of youtube. There's not one on ninlive.com, but i seem to remember someone saying they were working on one.

paul_guyet
12-13-2018, 01:54 PM
I mean, I was hoping that someone had one already that wasn't just a rip off of youtube. There's not one on ninlive.com, but i seem to remember someone saying they were working on one.I dropped the file into ProTools and tried to rip the audio but ended up trashing it. The levels were fucked up, a lot of clipping. Some of the boots on RITC actually sound better.

ManBurning
12-13-2018, 02:55 PM
...and that single scant appearance of She’s Gone Away in 2017, whose tour’s namesake was taken from “Not Anymore” which has yet to appear at all. Ah, the mysteries of the NIN universe!

Speaking of songs from the "trilogy" that haven't made an appearance. Not Anymore and The Idea of you. I was totally expecting at least the Idea to appear live on this tour. I'm really shocked it hasn't. That song was born to be played in a live setting. Also, my favorite song off NTAE.

sonic_discord
12-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Speaking of songs from the "trilogy" that haven't made an appearance. Not Anymore and The Idea of you. I was totally expecting at least the Idea to appear live on this tour. I'm really shocked it hasn't. That song was born to be played in a live setting. Also, my favorite song off NTAE.

It's easily my favorite song on NTAE, too. It's one of the best NIN songs of the past decade, for sure.

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 08:20 PM

Funnily enough, that was the one song I didn’t "get" when it was first released in 2016. Eventually my brain stopped being silly and the brilliance of the song all made sense. Especially that ending: "...it gets so lonely in here." Reminds me of a somber version of Echoplex. Or the person in Echoplex regretting hiding away after time has passed.

Deepvoid
12-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to have a surprise appearance by Dave Grohl and have them play The Idea Of You, YKWYA or TLBTB and then have Josh Homme finish this trio of songs with Mantra

Sarah K
12-13-2018, 10:01 PM
Yes to the first part, no to the second.

Calx1111
12-13-2018, 10:19 PM

+1 to that

Nellyrific
12-13-2018, 10:50 PM
+1 to that

And a third.

sonic_discord
12-13-2018, 10:52 PM

+1 to that

And a third.

Not fans of Josh Homme? Don't like Mantra? Or would you rather see TR and JH play Kalopsia or Fairweather Friends?

Sarah K
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
Homme is a cunt.

suprefan
12-14-2018, 01:44 AM
So nobody think Gary Numan wont pop up this weekend? He lives here, and his tour ended last week, so its not a giant stretch. So Metal and Cars would be cool to see again, that seems more realistic guest wise and a block of songs since Mariqueen had 3 songs, so Gary gets 2. And Starfuckers on Saturday night, its hollywood, gotta do it.

poro765
12-14-2018, 01:54 AM
Not fans of Josh Homme? Don't like Mantra? Or would you rather see TR and JH play Kalopsia or Fairweather Friends?
Love Homme. Fuck the haters. I'd love to see Mantra or any QOTSA tracks they collaborated on for that matter. Just not Copy Of A. That didn't work.

ricardo
12-14-2018, 05:21 AM
Fuck Homme. Love the haters. Can't stand the guy or QOTSA. :-(

ManBurning
12-14-2018, 05:54 AM
If I could describe Josh Homme in 3 words it would be: Pompous, Elitist and Egotistical.

Guy has a bigger ego than Billy Corgan, and that's an impressive feat.
He comes off as very douchy. Just like he's better than everyone. He's always kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but I lost any once of respect I had for him when he kicked that photographer in the face at a concert of his earlier this year.

loopcloses
12-14-2018, 05:57 AM
I'd be all in on another Homme collab but I'm not really jonesing for Mantra live. And "Kalopsia" and especially "Fairweather Friends" would be woefully out of place in an NIN set.

QOTSA's run from earlier this year was fantastic, the only show I can think of that's really comparable to a NIN show in its combination of production, scope, and energy.

And Homme seems like a generally cool guy, albeit one with some dickish tendencies. Getting into trouble for performing shitfaced and hitting someone at a show, as a man in his 40s, was indefinsably stupid.

Conan The Barbarian
12-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Im pretty sure rock stars have been acting the way people have been describing the dude from queens since the dawn of time.

sweeterthan
12-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Here I was thinking Homme was getting a free pass for acting like dick. Im glad Im not the only one who cant stomach his antics this year. I still love his music. I cant imagine life without rated r.

Im pretty sure rock stars have been acting the way people have been describing the dude from queens since the dawn of time.

Most of your favorites are dicks.

fillow
12-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Sorry for offtopic, but what other Homme antics are talking about here? Except the obvious one with the photographer.

ltrandazzo
12-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Sorry for offtopic, but what other Homme antics are talking about here? Except the obvious one with the photographer.

From Wikipedia -

In 2004, Homme was arrested for assaulting Dwarves (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarves_(band)) frontman Blag Dahlia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blag_Dahlia) and Karl Doyle, at Los Angeles' Dragonfly club. Pleading no contest, Homme was ordered to remain at least 100 yards (91.44 meters) away from Dahlia and the club, was sentenced to 3 years probation with community service, and was forced to enter a rehab program for 60 days.

At the 2008 Norwegian Wood festival in Oslo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo), Homme drew criticism for his reaction to an audience member who had thrown a shoe at him during the song "3's & 7's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3%27s_%26_7%27s)". Homme called the audience member a "chicken-shit fucking faggot" and "a 12-year-old dickless fucking turd". The incident drew accusations of homophobia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia) from several blogs, which were then picked up by the mainstream media. Homme replied with a lengthy public letter denying all accusations of homophobia, and stated that the tirade was aggravated by food poisoning and a high fever.

Emphasis mine above. Homophobia just kinda happens when you have food poisoning and a fever, I guess.

I still love Queens but I cannot fucking stand Josh anymore.

botley
12-14-2018, 09:44 AM
Homophobia just kinda happens when you have food poisoning and a fever, I guess.

Josh's brother is gay and they grew up fighting bullies together, so... while he has said and done some indefensibly stupid shit on stage, it's a bit of a stretch to describe him as homophobic.

paul_guyet
12-14-2018, 09:49 AM
I feel like kicking that chick in the face is kind of all one needs to not be a fan...although, maybe he had food poisoning again?

ltrandazzo
12-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Josh's brother is gay and they grew up fighting bullies together, so... while he has said and done some indefensibly stupid shit on stage, it's a bit of a stretch to describe him as homophobic.

Is he homophobic overall? I have no idea, I don't personally know him. But, when he calls someone that word on stage, it's homophobic. Blaming it on food poisoning and a fever is silly and shirks the responsibility of just owning what you said in that moment which was also similar behavior that he exhibited after kicking Chelsea Lauren's camera into her face. He didn't own it until he REALLY felt the pressure and uploaded his tearful apology about it after first putting out something his publicist likely wrote for him.

What I'm saying is that I can't stand him anymore because he doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for his actions right away. In 2008, he felt like he could get away with it. In 2017, he couldn't.

botley
12-14-2018, 10:07 AM
I've said and done stuff I regret now and can never take back too, but I can't 'cancel' myself — I can just promise to do better and apologize when I realize I've fallen short and try to make amends.

Apply your own standards accordingly.

ltrandazzo
12-14-2018, 10:09 AM
I've said and done stuff I regret now and can never take back too, but I can't 'cancel' myself — I can just promise to do better and apologize when I realize I've fallen short and try to make amends.

Apply your own standards accordingly.

Let me be clearer then - I haven't cancelled Josh Homme. I just can't fucking stand him, but I'll still listen to and enjoy QOTSA and Kyuss. I have, however, cancelled Jesse Hughes, especially since I deleted all of my EODM and Desert Sessions music and recycled any CDs of theirs I had, because fuck that guy.

ltrandazzo
12-14-2018, 10:15 AM
I've derailed this thread.

Have they played Deep yet?

m0reta
12-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Have they played Deep yet?

NO! But soon hopefully. :-D

ryanmcfly
12-14-2018, 10:26 AM
I think if we get some mega live release of the LA Shows, it'll be just one continuous playlist type of deal with multiple shows being edited to make it. I don't forsee it being a box set with each specific show on there.

paul_guyet
12-14-2018, 11:00 AM
I think if we get some mega live release of the LA Shows, it'll be just one continuous playlist type of deal with multiple shows being edited to make it. I don't forsee it being a box set with each specific show on there.HD digital release of these last six shows called live and cold and black and infinite would be just fine for me.

...also Sex Dwarf.

Deepvoid
12-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Ok screw Homme and Mantra and have them play The Collector with Grohl instead.

sweeterthan
12-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Ok screw Homme and Mantra and have them play The Collector with Grohl instead.

If grohl is there, I say play getting smaller.

Sarah K
12-14-2018, 11:29 AM
What's Numan up to this week? Surely he'll pop up if he's around?

Maybe they'll open with Metal again.

Calx1111
12-14-2018, 11:33 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrQcAkKndww

He's in LA as of two days ago

fillow
12-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Mike Garson was a guest at the Pumpkins show in LA only a few days ago. Just sayin'.

melancholyyouth
12-14-2018, 02:14 PM

They haven't repeated an opener yet in LA and have played the four standard ones. Personally, I'm hoping for Somewhat Damaged because it's the only one I haven't heard, but it will be interesting to see if they go with something different to avoid a repeat.

ManBurning
12-14-2018, 02:50 PM
d have them play The Collector with Grohl instead.

If grohl is there, I say play getting smaller.

Why is there never any love for With_Teeth anymore? Seems like that's the one album that continuously gets neglected over and over again.
Most of those songs haven't appeared since the end of the With_Teeth tour, with the exception of a few of them popping up during the 2009 wave goodbye final shows.

JessicaSarahS
12-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Why is there never any love for With_Teeth anymore? Seems like that's the one album that continuously gets neglected over and over again.
Most of those songs haven't appeared since the end of the With_Teeth tour, with the exception of a few of them popping up during the 2009 wave goodbye final shows.

I feel like a lot of great tracks on With Teeth & Hesitation Marks get neglected. Would love to see The Collector and All Time Low pop up more often in the future.

roolfdriht
12-14-2018, 02:57 PM

While the reappearance of All the Love in the World filled a huge void in my W_T live bucket list, I'd be ecstatic if some of the other deep cuts were resurrected at some point sooner vs. later (to say nothing of a proper live debut for Sunspots). Love Is Not Enough!

ManBurning
12-14-2018, 03:16 PM
I'd love to have "You Know What You Are?" and especially "The Line Begins to Blur" to make comebacks.
But yeah, live debut of sunspots is #1 on my NIN songs to be played wish list.

I'd go for Getting Smaller as well. Feel like that song is so under-appreciated.

neorev
12-14-2018, 03:24 PM
ManBurning JessicaSarahS roolfdriht
Where the hell is Beside You In Time? That song is up there with And All That Could Have Been and The Perfect Drug. I absolutely love it! Hand Covers Bruise intro into Beside You In Time, bring it teitan :)

neorev
12-14-2018, 03:27 PM
P.S. I'll take You Know What You Are? and The Line Begins To Blur and With Teeth and Sunspots and Right Where It Belongs too. Hell, play the whole album, Trent!

ryanmcfly
12-14-2018, 03:38 PM

The first time i saw NIN was at at the Austin NINJA show in 2009, they did Not So Pretty Now and i think that's the only time it's been played since the With Teeth cycle. So good. I was so hyped. The crowd on the other hand was hot garbage.

ManBurning
12-14-2018, 03:50 PM
P.S. I'll take You Know What You Are? and The Line Begins To Blur and With Teeth and Sunspots and Right Where It Belongs too. Hell, play the whole album, Trent!

I actually wouldn't mind that album from front to back. I have a lot of good memories with that record. Even though I was a fan as of 1998, and remember going to buy "The Fragile" on day 1 (With_Teeth is obviously no where near as great of a record as The Fragile) but for some reason the whole With_Teeth era just resonates more with me. Maybe because it was the first time I saw the band live, and actually traveled to multiple shows on that tour. But I have a good relationship with that album/era of NIN. All this talk of With_Teeth makes me want to throw it on now. I think i'll do that!

Come_Reptile
12-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Right Where It Belongs in the encore would fit the somber tone and the Trilogy themes.

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-14-2018, 05:18 PM
HD digital release of these last six shows called live and cold and black and infinite would be just fine for me.

...also Sex Dwarf.
YESSSSS

Friday night, diehard night. Bring in Numan, Starfuckers, Scary Monsters, all of Fragile, Memorabilia, Ruiner...

and SEX DWARF, TR. Please and thank youuuu <3

paul_guyet
12-14-2018, 05:49 PM
Right Where It Belongs in the encore would fit the somber tone and the Trilogy themes.Jesus, could you imagine AATCHB -> RWIB -> Hurt? It'd be a mass suicide...

Helpmeiaminhell
12-14-2018, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=Rkp1Z9x6s4Q

I guess Peter Murphy won't be available to sing tonight in case Trent was gonna bring him out for a guest spot....Dude may be a little busy in the slam

Partyslammer
12-14-2018, 08:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=Rkp1Z9x6s4Q

I guess Peter Murphy won't be available to sing tonight in case Trent was gonna bring him out for a guest spot....Dude may be a little busy in the slam

Murphy wasn't arrested, those are venue security dealing with him. He was kicked out of his own show because he got belligerent and threw a bottle of water into the audience hitting some guy in the face. Unknown if it was glass or (more likely) plastic. He did the following show earlier tonight, but he won't be in LA anyway as he's touring Europe.

Been a while since I posted here, btw. Is the rumor that Heresy and a Lords Of The New Church cover was rehearsed today true? I'm going to Saturday's show, my first since the last show at the Palladium and Wiltern final shows in '09.

Krazy
12-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Dude straight up slapped one of the cops/security in the face. Not cool.

Lol at the DARE plug in at the end of the video.

sonic_discord
12-14-2018, 10:37 PM
I'd love to have "You Know What You Are?" and especially "The Line Begins to Blur" to make comebacks.
But yeah, live debut of sunspots is #1 on my NIN songs to be played wish list.

I too would like You Know What You Are? and The Line Begins to Blur to make combacks, those are some of my favorites from With Teeth. I'd also love to see Please and No, You Don't. The Idea of You, My Violent Heart, and Demon Seed are at the top of my list of songs I'd love to see debuted!

Erneuert
12-14-2018, 10:42 PM
Imagine if we get a With Teeth set tonight and he opens with Love Is Not Enough.

m0reta
12-14-2018, 11:40 PM
There's a piano on stage left. '-) Unfortunately there's too much smoke for a photo now.

Sarah K
12-14-2018, 11:44 PM
Jlyi!

Krazy
12-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Imagine if we get a With Teeth set tonight and he opens with Love Is Not Enough.

VERY underrated song, would love to see it in the rotation to some extent. Really cool to watch and listen as the opener of the BYIT DVD.

Esperanzan
12-14-2018, 11:46 PM
There's a piano on stage left. '-) Unfortunately there's too much smoke for a photo now.

NO WAY. Fragile in full vibes tonight!

We've been guessing it since the tour started and tonight might be the night it finally happens.

Sarah K
12-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Well, Somewhat Damaged opened.

Esperanzan
12-14-2018, 11:55 PM
Well, Somewhat Damage opened.

Can you possibly check in every now and then to let us know what's happening?

Sarah K
12-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Can you possibly check in every now and then to let us know what's happening?

Oh, I am not at the show. Just know a bunch of people who are. Sometimes I can get some streams. I will update if I find out anything else. :)

Erneuert
12-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Well, Somewhat Damage opened.

Well, there go my WT and TDS in full predictions.

Sarah K
12-14-2018, 11:57 PM
I just saw a video of 1,000,000 on IG, so don't think there is anything happening in full tonight.

Edit - and:

Mr. Self Destruct
Less Than
Find My Way

Esperanzan
12-14-2018, 11:58 PM
Well, there go my WT and TDS in full predictions.

Tomorrow night my dude, especially with the Heresy soundcheck rumour...

Erneuert
12-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Tomorrow night my dude, especially with the Heresy soundcheck rumour...

Well that’s encouraging - first I’ve heard of it!

I wonder what the piano could be for? Mr. Garson? Trent did help him out recently with the issues he had with the fires.

suprefan
12-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Doing TDS again in the same venue would be kinda weak. No reason to do that at all. I think guests are more likely than anything in these last 2 shows. Looks like tonight is gonna be standard operating procedure with maybe a couple of gems and tomorrow is balls out.

Dryalex12
12-15-2018, 12:10 AM
I really hope something special happens on the last date. There has to be. It would seem kinda pointless to go to LA 6 times and not have anything special on those nights. maybe something special will happen tonight though.

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:12 AM
For my own sanity, I'm gonna say they will definitely do Broken tomorrow, but not TDS. The logical part of my brain says they wouldn't do something that special in the same venue twice. But the emotional part of my brain can't stop telling me that it's going to happen and then I will hate myself even more than normal.

Dryalex12
12-15-2018, 12:14 AM
How many times has broken been played? like 2 times? 4 if we aren't counting pinion or in order?

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:18 AM
It was done in full opening night, then in full, sans Pinion in Brooklyn. IIRC, those are the only two nights when it got played front to back. In Vegas we got it out of order but without Last, and I think that it got played out of order sans Pinion in... SF, maybe?

Dryalex12
12-15-2018, 12:20 AM
So yeah Broken was played a shit ton and if that was the surprise for tomorrow...that would be pretty disappointing, at least for me. Then again, Broken isn't exactly in my top 3 but its also not in my bottom 3 either.

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:23 AM
2 times - "a shit ton".

There is nothing saying that there is going to be any surprises, that is simply wishful thinking on our parts.

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 12:31 AM
As expected JLYI with Mike G. Into more HTDA!

Followed up with La Mer followed by a REWORKED IN THIS TWILIGHT (still with Mike G!)

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Got a stream going...

HTDA right now. I am not familiar with them, so can't update you on what songs they are doing. If the stream keeps up, I will continue to update this post after the HTDA bit.

La Mer

Aaaand, Drew just shut the streamer down. Lmaooo, but also #sad.

suprefan
12-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Thats why you stream from the back and not get into any trouble.

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:50 AM
Ffffuuu

IN THIS TWILIGHT

Esperanzan
12-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Ffffuuu

IN THIS TWILIGHT

Holy shit what is this set.

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 12:55 AM
The "How Many Songs Can We Fit Garson Into?" set.

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Jesus Christ guys TGD + lasers + rear channels right into Birning Bright is fucking NASTY

5/7 would let my senses get fucked again.

AThousandDaysBefore
12-15-2018, 01:07 AM
Oh shit, I need to live in LA, 6 fucking shows, with all those songs

3knic
12-15-2018, 01:09 AM
In this twilight is such a great song, this setlist tonight looks amazing so far!

Edit: although I could do without the HTDA part, never got into that

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Gave Up / THTF (crowd went apeshit) / HLAH

suprefan
12-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Oh shit, I need to live in LA, 6 fucking shows, with all those songs

Just had to pick the right nights, wasnt about going to all of em if you couldnt. I didnt go Saturday, and sure im bummed i missed a fragile heavy night. But I wasnt hoping that was gonna be the case mid week, and I got exactly what I wanted on Weds. Now I just have tomorrow and Im sure itll be great if theyre choosing to do this tonight, so somethings happening tomorrow for sure.

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Holy shit guys here comes the Numan set. Will Numan show up? Yes. yes he will.

suprefan
12-15-2018, 01:18 AM
Nuuuuuman

ManBurning
12-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Sooo.... Dave Grohl tomorrow?

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Ok nm just Metal w/ Numan, then Reptile.

Esperanzan
12-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Imma need a recording of this show, JLYI is my favourite NIN song.

ManBurning
12-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Just heard a clip on Instagram of the reworked In This Twilight. That is.... different. It's like something you'd find on the still EP

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:32 AM
What the hell. Metal / Reptile / ICE AGE

Esperanzan
12-15-2018, 01:32 AM
What the hell. Metal / Reptile / ICE AGE

Seriously?! Ice Age is my favourite HTDA song!

ManBurning
12-15-2018, 01:33 AM
Man, all bets are off on what the fuck is gonna happen tomorrow now. I'm almost afraid to look at tomorrow's set. I feel extreme FOMO going to set in.

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:37 AM
Hurt 11:37

Sarah K
12-15-2018, 01:38 AM
Damn. So they almost played two full hours tonight?

TheRealNs1
12-15-2018, 01:39 AM
Damn. So they almost played two full hours tonight?

Yup. Longest show out of 7 so far.