PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

tricil
10-27-2018, 10:42 PM
Probably Digital

kevinbeetle
10-27-2018, 10:43 PM
https://www.facebook.com/nintourhistory/photos/a.2688523641173973/2762834690409534/?type=3&eid=ARDH4q6Ve4J67YDxzfcITnKa7t-3exIG_NxXAd37_SIjn1OVvmcQrXd4R-duor-Jm06iqEWBU6t3Lki4&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCtu5CXICvnNuFgopbJhpMzLMObnyNQ OTie7R3Vq3VOeoUdTf9YQRrACVUPfOpjpXJPqPUsSh97fNjsdK 9082vZHePIiZiqn36SDIokLv0oQtfckCYukunVDhDqDZYTebSl bhJB_o85FJgKLwJx37U-rpvTQBvbRq03cVZBDWDJPYyWHnc4ZE5mvPG-sI0ZEZadaoOyHR5PBQM6T2crw2oIRmDqzEVi6tMa51r6c6_oLP XHsM_8zf-F&__tn__=EEHH-Rhttps://www.facebook.com/nintourhistory/photos/a.2688523641173973/2762834690409534/?type=3&eid=ARDH4q6Ve4J67YDxzfcITnKa7t-3exIG_NxXAd37_SIjn1OVvmcQrXd4R-duor-Jm06iqEWBU6t3Lki4&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCtu5CXICvnNuFgopbJhpMzLMObnyNQ OTie7R3Vq3VOeoUdTf9YQRrACVUPfOpjpXJPqPUsSh97fNjsdK 9082vZHePIiZiqn36SDIokLv0oQtfckCYukunVDhDqDZYTebSl bhJB_o85FJgKLwJx37U-rpvTQBvbRq03cVZBDWDJPYyWHnc4ZE5mvPG-sI0ZEZadaoOyHR5PBQM6T2crw2oIRmDqzEVi6tMa51r6c6_oLP XHsM_8zf-F&__tn__=EEHH-Rhttps://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44888644_2762834693742867_4602508274611257344_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=352494acaeb605f319cbfebdddfaa8bf&oe=5C4E89F1

Holy shit.
So, beetle is my nickname and I have a tattoo of a beetle on me, and this would be amazing if anyone could help me out

Esperanzan
10-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Okay, so the set did start with Now I'm Nothing - makes more sense.

Dryalex12
10-27-2018, 11:04 PM
the two mystery songs wew Ahead of Ourselves and The Big COme Down

Kyle
10-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Well that was underwhelming (the unknown songs)

ekrekel
10-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Ahead of ourselves and big comedown? Really? Those both only say the name of the song 30 times each. AOO almost ad nauseam

3knic
10-27-2018, 11:11 PM
Well that was underwhelming (the unknown songs)The big come down, isn't that what you wanted? Well, no sir, as a matter of fact I wanted a deeper cut

Edit: to be fair, I guess Trent did go even deeper
Edit 2: now I'm wondering if it's regular closer or only time closer?

Kyle
10-27-2018, 11:16 PM
The big come down, isn't that what you wanted? Well, no sir, as a matter of fact I wanted a deeper cut

Edit: to be fair, I guess Trent did go even deeper

we thought it would be something bigger than that but we got ahead of ourselves we got ahead of ourselves

ekrekel
10-27-2018, 11:33 PM
we got ahead of ourselves we got ahead of ourselves x88

Kyle
10-27-2018, 11:48 PM
Subterraneans?

Kyle
10-27-2018, 11:51 PM
And am I the only one who noticed that the change to subterraneans was done by a new user signed up today named teitan666? The 666 doesn't sound like him but if it isn't, using that name at least means it's one of us

m0reta
10-28-2018, 12:02 AM
I can believe anything but for some reason not subterraneans. Gonna wait for setlist picture or some attendee to verify. :-D

Edit: Yah arsenic!! You are my favourite person right now!!

arsenic
10-28-2018, 12:05 AM
I can believe anything but for some reason not subterraneans. Gonna wait for setlist picture or some attendee to verify. :-D

Can confirm. I posted a video of it on YouTube https://youtu.be/FogcwsSFAq4

edit: I uploaded a shorter version

And here’s the setlist I got https://twitter.com/dariocotti/status/1056403067225161729?s=21

More about the show later, I’ve got almost no battery left

Esperanzan
10-28-2018, 12:08 AM
Did Closer have an Only Time breakdown?

Krazy
10-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Did Closer have an Only Time breakdown?

Can confirm yes for tonight.

Pretty sure its had that breakdown since WT tour.

TheBang
10-28-2018, 12:13 AM
Never saw that one coming.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Subterraneans happened. And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song? Very haunting and hypnotic. That was a fucking treat.

Edit: Jk, video sums it all up. ^

buzburbank
10-28-2018, 12:19 AM
Subterraneans happened. And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song? Very haunting and hypnotic. That was a fucking treat.

I heard those lyrics as well. I can’t be the only one who thought the second Bowie song was going to be “I’m Afraid of Americans,” and was bewildered (and a tad disappointed) as I definitely did not recognize what was being played.

Krazy
10-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Okay, so the set did start with Now I'm Nothing - makes more sense.

Yeah, that was the opener.

Been staying away for this thread for the past few days so not sure what “mystery songs” people are referring to. TBCD was played Sin was played. Starfuckers was played.

Was a really good show, a lot of the heavier/fast paced stuff was played. Kept the crowd into it, that’s for sure.

buzburbank
10-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Per Setlist.fm, the trilogy has been played live during CBI at the following clip:

Bad Witch, 51
Add Violence, 35
NTAE, 15

This seems to suggest that not all 3 installments are equal in the eyes of the boss, and are perhaps not a singular “trilogy.” Moreover, one might reasonably infer that Bad Witch is being featured as the tour’s token “new release.” In fairness, earlier installments were played during previous touring cycles, but they’re not exactly ancient.

Do people think that Bad Witch merits 3x more plays than NTAE, or significantly more than AV?

Krazy
10-28-2018, 12:59 AM
Per Setlist.fm, the trilogy has been played live during CBI at the following clip:

Bad Witch, 51
Add Violence, 35
NTAE, 15

This seems to suggest that not all 3 installments are equal in the eyes of the boss, and are perhaps not a singular “trilogy.” Moreover, one might reasonably infer that Bad Witch is being featured as the tour’s token “new release.” In fairness, earlier installments were played during previous touring cycles, but they’re not exactly ancient.

Do people think that Bad Witch merits 3x more plays than NTAE, or significantly more than AV?

I think it means more that Bad Witch was released right before this tour started. Trent had other opportunities to post NTAE and AV Last year, even though he shows were limited.

Why The Idea Of You hasn’t been played yet baffles me though. Best song off the trilogy IMHO.

BRoswell
10-28-2018, 01:03 AM
And if I’m not mistaken, Trent was singing the lyrics “god break down the door” and a couple other lines during the song?

Sounds like a mix of God Break Down The Door and Over And Out. It sounds pretty great to me, though I'm hoping that, if it returns, Trent might sing the lines from Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) like Bowie did on the Dissonance tour.

Kyle
10-28-2018, 01:42 AM
I think it means more that Bad Witch was released right before this tour started. Trent had other opportunities to post NTAE and AV Last year, even though he shows were limited.

Why The Idea Of You hasn’t been played yet baffles me though. Best song off the trilogy IMHO.

I wouldn't call it the best song off the trilogy but I would say it's one of the most likely to sound great live

sonic_discord
10-28-2018, 01:44 AM
I heard those lyrics as well. I can’t be the only one who thought the second Bowie song was going to be “I’m Afraid of Americans,” and was bewildered (and a tad disappointed) as I definitely did not recognize what was being played.

I also expected I'm Afraid of Americans based on what he said beforehand and was also bewildered (and maybe also a tad disappointed) as I too did not recognize what was being played. Still, it was sweet to see Trent playing some sax!

sonic_discord
10-28-2018, 01:47 AM

THIS!! (Not that I'm complaining, this tour has been mind-blowing!)

mauro995
10-28-2018, 05:52 AM
This Subterraneans version needs to be used as an intro to the Bad Witch section of the shows.

mostlymad
10-28-2018, 06:34 AM
Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth. This was like a package of every good thing you could hope for unwrapped before me. The opposite of Pandora's Box. Heaven. Just like.

otnavuskire
10-28-2018, 08:39 AM
Man, that Subterraneans cover is beautiful.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-28-2018, 09:03 AM
I’m gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. I’m significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of “we live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it can’t get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.” The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldn’t get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing “Subterraneans,” ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, I’m giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?

StockAvuryah
10-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth.

Same. What a cover. Completely unexpected.

So there are lyrics from God Break Down The Door, Over And Out, and a bit of The Frail at the end, right ? That must be the most tracks meddled into one they did, I'd guess.

Here's another video, I hope we have one even better, and one video with I Can't Give Everything Away & Subterraneans back to back with the speeches. So I can watch it endlessly till the end of times, along with AATCHB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7C9MbXi6I

tricil
10-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Subterraneans was the first Bowie song I played when I found out he died.

Max
10-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Subterraneans?! With lyrics from Bad Witch?

This has to be the most epic, most amazing NIN moment in history. Oh to have been there. What an amazing tour.

Mike
10-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Yeah I had no idea what was going on until just right now when I came on here and saw this. I kept thinking is this the frail? But then he was singing God Break Down the Door, and I was lost.

Mike
10-28-2018, 10:21 AM
The sax part sounded like Pallas Athena also...

tricil
10-28-2018, 10:24 AM
I’m gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. I’m significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of “we live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it can’t get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.” The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldn’t get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing “Subterraneans,” ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, I’m giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?
strap in you’re in for the ride of your life

tricil
10-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Here you go guys.

David Bowie for NIN fans: https://open.spotify.com/user/tricil/playlist/1fOeWRMAe26YbuyzyGlywV?si=vdh4kzNaT2qyv0MG0-v2VA

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-28-2018, 10:35 AM
Here you go guys.

David Bowie for NIN fans: https://open.spotify.com/user/tricil/playlist/1fOeWRMAe26YbuyzyGlywV?si=vdh4kzNaT2qyv0MG0-v2VA

I'm gonna have to keep that list queued up! I'm normally the "pick one album at a time and take it in" type, but for a road trip where I'm focusing on not crashing, a playlist might be the best way to go. Thanks!!

implanted_microchip
10-28-2018, 11:12 AM
Subterraneans is hands-down my favorite Bowie recording on earth. This was like a package of every good thing you could hope for unwrapped before me. The opposite of Pandora's Box. Heaven. Just like.
Same for me, and watching Trent mix in so much that Low influenced was amazing. That, Now I’m Nothing, Big Come Down and Last were the standouts of last night for me. This whole run was the most fun I’ve ever had.

mostlymad
10-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Same for me, and watching Trent mix in so much that Low influenced was amazing. That, Now Iím Nothing, Big Come Down and Last were the standouts of last night for me. This whole run was the most fun Iíve ever had.

Glad you were ultimately satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StockAvuryah
10-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Here you go guys.

and then listening to Hunky Dory + Low + Scary Monsters + 1. Outside + Earthlings + Blackstar.

Covers pretty much what Trent was inspired by and what he inspired, somehow, maybe. Maybe adding Station to Station, Heroes and Lodger in the same vein.

tricil
10-28-2018, 11:55 AM
and then listening to Hunky Dory + Low + Scary Monsters + 1. Outside + Earthlings + Blackstar.

Covers pretty much what Trent was inspired by and what he inspired, somehow, maybe. Maybe adding Station to Station, Heroes and Lodger in the same vein.

Yup! Albums and orders Iíd suggest as well.

gorast
10-28-2018, 01:19 PM
This set almost looks like something a fan would've made up as a hoax. Unbelievable.

And there's still a bunch of shows left.

alfonso99
10-28-2018, 01:39 PM
As things are unfolding, i would bet (with high chances of winning) for Mantra with josh and dave on any of the LA shows...

klyrish
10-28-2018, 01:43 PM
I love the pairing of "The Great Destroyer" going immediately into "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)"

idioteque...
10-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Finally found a place to put up my photos for the King's Theatre shows.

Some may be blurry but that's because I literally just uploaded every shot I took and didn't bother to proof read. Only reason for that, I used to upload photos to Facebook in a gallery but since I don't use Facebook anymore (and Flickr got weird) not sure where i should put up my photos. Figure I'd just share it for fun.

Also another reason for the delay, imgur was giving me issues.

Also some videos.

Night 1 Photos (10.16.18) (https://imgur.com/a/jE1wpko)

Night 1 Videos (10.16.18) (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRa507f2J3dkTI7C522FfEheZx8X4kOWk)

Night 2 Photos (10.17.18) (https://imgur.com/a/soqF8bF)

Night 2 Videos (10.17.18) (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRa507f2J3dmyozLPCdoBTqTZp9gfO6FD)

FULLMETAL
10-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Wow! What a way to close out the first half of this tour. I never imagined "Subterraneans" would show up in the set, but it seems like TR is enjoying the live saxophone - so who knows what will happen.

Hopefully, some cool news will pop-up during the 3-week break or at least another live clip from Brook Linder.

nooneimportant
10-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting Subterraneans. Now I wonder if we'll get Scary Monsters?

Max
10-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Scary Monsters would be GREAT. Other Bowie songs I would love to hear NIN cover:

Blackstar.
Hearts filthy lesson
Hello Spaceboy
Diamond Dogs! It has sax towards the end, itís post-apocalyptic and would be a great lead into God break down the door.
We are the dead - also off diamond dogs and NIN could make this even better than the already great original.

botley
10-28-2018, 07:20 PM
^ I think "Scary Monsters" is a strong possibility since it's another track they've played live in 1995 along with Bowie (when Robin just KILLED IT with the Robert Fripp lead part). Would be nice to hear it performed along with someone else who could sing the DB vox complete with Mockney accent — maybe the dude from Jesus and Mary Chain will want to give it a go?

Wow! What a way to close out the first half of this tour. I never imagined "Subterraneans" would show up in the set, but it seems like TR is enjoying the live saxophone - so who knows what will happen.

Hopefully, some cool news will pop-up during the 3-week break or at least another live clip from Brook Linder.
Yes! The live clips are so geat — others for "Over and Out", "God Break Down", and "Shit Mirror" would be awesome.

sonic_discord
10-28-2018, 07:36 PM
I only saw two shows from this tour, but I can't believe how many awesome songs I got to see that I'd never seen before Ė including MANY of my favorite NIN songs! Now I'm Nothing, Last, The Becoming, Happiness in Slavery, The Lovers, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, Burn (in its proper form), And All That Could Have Been, and The Perfect Drug! I still can't believe I saw all of those! WELL worth the cost of traveling to Chicago, getting a hotel, etc.

sonic_discord
10-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Scary Monsters would be GREAT. Other Bowie songs I would love to hear NIN cover:

Blackstar
Heart's Filthy Lesson

YES! I'd also add I'm Deranged and Lazarus to the list of songs that would sound great being covered by NIN.

nooneimportant
10-28-2018, 09:00 PM

Blackstar.
Hearts filthy lesson
Hello Spaceboy
Diamond Dogs! It has sax towards the end, it’s post-apocalyptic and would be a great lead into God break down the door.
We are the dead - also off diamond dogs and NIN could make this even better than the already great original.

I think Fashion would be a good one. It might not seem like it would work but I can see it working in my head.

StockAvuryah
10-28-2018, 09:37 PM

Just enough time to shoot that music video. Ah.. if only

gladcarrot
10-29-2018, 01:31 AM
There have been 51 shows on this tour since 2017 with 17 more scheduled. They have played 69 different songs on the tour so far! Here are all 69 songs and the number of times played.

47 Head Like A Hole
47 Hurt
45 Wish
40 March Of The Pigs
38 Less Than
35 The Hand That Feeds
35 The Lovers
33 Gave Up
32 God Break Down The Door
31 Copy Of A
31 Reptile
31 Shit Mirror
30 Ahead Of Ourselves
30 Closer
25 I'm Afraid Of Americans
25 Piggy
24 The Day The World Went Away
24 The Frail
24 The Great Destroyer
21 Branches/Bones
21 Survivalism
20 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)
18 The Wretched
15 Somewhat Damaged
14 Burn
12 Even Deeper
11 Letting You
11 The Perfect Drug
10 I Can't Give Everything Away
10 Me, I'm Not
10 Only
10 Over And Out
10 Sanctified
10 The Background World
9 Happiness In Slavery
9 Help Me I Am In Hell
9 MrSelf Destruct
9 This Isn't The Place
8 Something I Can Never Have
7 1,000,000
7 All The Love In The World
7 Find My Way
7 Terrible Lie
6 Digital
6 Last
6 Metal (twice with Gary Numan)
6 Pinion (four times with Eater of Dreams)
6 The Beginning Of The End
6 The Big Come Down
5 Parasite
5 The Good Soldier
4 I Do Not Want This
4 Suck
4 The Becoming
3 Came Back Haunted
3 Dear World,
3 Eraser
3 Home
3 Now I'm Nothing
3 Physical
2 La Mer
2 Sin
2 Starfuckers, Inc.
1 A Warm Place
1 And All That Could Have Been
1 Dead Souls
1 She's Gone Away
1 Subterraneans
1 The Loop Closes

Kyle
10-29-2018, 01:37 AM
Iím gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. Iím significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of ďwe live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it canít get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.Ē The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldnít get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing ďSubterraneans,Ē ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, Iím giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?

I was in the same boat once upon a time. I liked his classic songs well enough for a greatest hits album but I wasn't a big fan. Then I saw him on tour with NIN and that's when I became a fan. If you're coming to him as a NIN fan, try "1. Outside." It's a mostly overlooked album but Bowie was very inspired by the NIN sound when he made it. In fact, I believe I saw a quote from him specifically saying that Hallo Spaceboy was written to sound like a NIN song. The thing with Bowie is that he went through so many different styles that you can listen to one album and it isn't your thing but another one you'll love.

Kyle
10-29-2018, 01:44 AM
I've never seen another performer before or after Bowie who could casually strut on the stage with his hands in his pockets and just own the place without even trying. His charisma was unreal and if he was even half as charismatic in real life as on stage, I understand why people (including trent) loved him so much.

gladcarrot
10-29-2018, 01:54 AM
by album...

Pretty Hate Machine
47 Head Like A Hole
7 Terrible Lie
10 Sanctified
8 Something I Can Never Have
2 Sin

3 Now I'm Nothing

Broken
6 Pinion
45 Wish
6 Last
9 Help Me I Am In Hell
9 Happiness In Slavery
33 Gave Up
3 Physical
4 Suck

The Downward Spiral
9 Mr. Self Destruct
25 Piggy
40 March Of The Pigs
30 Closer
4 The Becoming
4 I Do Not Want This
1 A Warm Place
3 Eraser
31 Reptile
47 Hurt

14 Burn
11 The Perfect Drug

The Fragile
15 Somewhat Damaged
24 The Day The World Went Away
24 The Frail
18 The Wretched
12 Even Deeper
2 La Mer
2 Starfuckers, Inc.
6 The Big Come Down

Still
1 And All That Could Have Been

With Teeth
7 All The Love In The World
35 The Hand That Feeds
10 Only

3 Home

Year Zero
6 The Beginning Of The End
21 Survivalism
5 The Good Soldier
10 Me, I'm Not
24 The Great Destroyer

The Slip
7 1,000,000
11 Letting You

Hesitation Marks
4 Pinion / Eater of Dreams
31 Copy Of A
3 Came Back Haunted
7 Find My Way

Not the Actual Events
21 Branches/Bones
3 Dear World,
1 She's Gone Away
20 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)

Add Violence
38 Less Than
35 The Lovers
9 This Isn't The Place
10 The Background World

Bad Witch
31 Shit Mirror
30 Ahead Of Ourselves
32 God Break Down The Door
10 Over And Out

David Bowie Covers
25 I'm Afraid Of Americans
10 I Can't Give Everything Away
1 Subterraneans

Joy Division Covers
6 Digital
1 Dead Souls

Gary Numan Covers
6 Metal (twice with Gary)

How to Destroy Angels Covers
5 Parasite
1 The Loop Closes

Kyle
10-29-2018, 02:33 AM
It still boggles my mind that the only songs from NTAE and AV not played are the heavy ones that would translate great live. On the other hand I love Dear World, but the live version isn't all that exciting really.

nooneimportant
10-29-2018, 03:51 AM
They have played 69 different songs on the tour so far!

Nice.

bobbie solo
10-29-2018, 03:04 PM
It still boggles my mind that the only songs from NTAE and AV not played are the heavy ones that would translate great live. On the other hand I love Dear World, but the live version isn't all that exciting really.

Maybe he's keeping some newer era jams in the holster to be whipped out on future tours? Letting them grow into even bigger deals for us maniacs, so when they're finally played, we all get excited again? Maybe there's a line between Fragile & With Teeth in his mind in terms of NIN eras. And he's keeping the ones we talk about often here that are newer (Demon Seed, Sunspots, The Idea of You, She's Gone Away, Everything, Not Anymore, BYIT-RWIB, In This Twilight) for a few more years?

sonic_discord
10-29-2018, 05:41 PM
I already posted this in the Chicago 10/26 thread, but thought more people might be interested in seeing it (even though there are several videos on YouTube already). Anyway, here's my recording of AATCHB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yR9KuHWCqQ

JessicaSarahS
10-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Yay! Finally! :-)

Hopefully Deep will show up next or She's Gone Away.

Yes, please!

elevenism
10-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Here you go guys.

Get you some of this ImTheWiseJanitor

But i would START with 1.Outside

zaps30
10-29-2018, 10:22 PM
Are drums usually played during The Day The World Went Away? A video of the Fragile era show that I attended and other live recordings have them, but in Boston for the current tour the drums weren't played at all during the song. Which way is typical?

AThousandDaysBefore
10-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Are drums usually played during The Day The World Went Away? A video of the Fragile era show that I attended and other live recordings have them, but in Boston for the current tour the drums weren't played at all during the song. Which way is typical?

In a concert in las vegas this year, Ilan play drums in the middle of the song, but Trent plays the songs in different ways maybe he changed for this part of the tour, in 2013 in festivales they played sanctified pretty hate machine version and in the tension tour he played with Sunspots outro, he has changed other songs , 1,000,000, closer, only

eversonpoe
10-29-2018, 11:10 PM

it seems like on this tour, they're playing the album version of the day the world went away, which is actually my preference.

In a concert in las vegas this year, Ilan play drums in the middle of the song, but Trent plays the songs in different ways maybe he changed for this part of the tour, in 2013 in festivales they played sanctified pretty hate machine version and in the tension tour he played with Sunspots outro, he has changed other songs , 1,000,000, closer, only

they debuted the discipline/sunspots mashed up version of Sanctified at the festivals in 2013, it started before the tension tour.

demo
10-30-2018, 06:47 AM
The day the world went away (live, with drums) was it's own thing when it debuted in the Fragility era and it remained that way until 2014, when they switched it to the album version. So, if "typical"means what has been played more/for longer, it's the drumming outro version.

zeegrizzle
10-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but it's the first time I've ever notice this.

After getting Subterraneans live in Chicago and going back to listen to the 1995 Outside/Dissonance recordings, I am now highly convinced that The Frail's inspiration comes solely from that song back when they played it live then, about 4 years before The Fragile... You can easily hear throughout the whole song the same deep piano melody that's in The Frail.

https://youtu.be/2OxcyAsd9c0

ryanmcfly
10-30-2018, 12:45 PM
I love the album version of the TDTWWA, but not having the nah nah nahhhhhhs in the end on this tour bites.

botley
10-30-2018, 01:31 PM
Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but it's the first time I've ever notice this.

After getting Subterraneans live in Chicago and going back to listen to the 1995 Outside/Dissonance recordings, I am now highly convinced that The Frail's inspiration comes solely from that song back when they played it live then, about 4 years before The Fragile... You can easily hear throughout the whole song the same deep piano melody that's in The Frail.

https://youtu.be/2OxcyAsd9c0
Subconsciously perhaps, but the top melody in "The Frail" was directly inspired by a Keith Hillebrandt remix of "The Fragile" that deconstructed the guitar solo into a sombre piano break.

Shadaloo
10-31-2018, 07:23 PM
*pokes head outside of the Smashing Pumpkins thread for the first time in a week*

SON OF A BITCH WHAT IS GOING ON AATCHB JESUS F-

Max
11-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Subterraneans - anyone know of a quality live recording of this from the recent Chicago show? I didn't see one on NINlive archive.

TheBang
11-01-2018, 11:06 PM
they debuted the discipline/sunspots mashed up version of Sanctified at the festivals in 2013, it started before the tension tour.
That's not correct. The Sunspots riff debuted during the middle of the Tension tour. Specifically, the Sunshine, FL date (possibly (there's no recording), or the next one after that).

eversonpoe
11-02-2018, 12:23 AM
That's not correct. The Sunspots riff debuted during the middle of the Tension tour. Specifically, the Sunshine, FL date (possibly (there's no recording), or the next one after that).

ok, fine, but the updated version of sanctified debuted at fuji rocks :p

TheBang
11-02-2018, 07:18 AM
ok, fine, but the updated version of sanctified debuted at fuji rocks :p
Ah, yes. I was skimming fast and missed the fact that this was the point. :)

Swykk
11-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Is it sad that I have some hope that this tour will end up with some kind of live DVD/blu/digital release despite what happened with Tension/2014?

They are clearly filming.

fillow
11-02-2018, 08:05 AM
They are clearly filming.
Yeah that guy with the camera onstage gets pretty annoying in every other YT video from this tour, including the shows with no side screens (which is most of the shows, I assume). Of course all would be forgiven if we see his footage afterwards.

That said, I actually wouldn't want the full concert to be presented in the same style as Ahead of Ourselves video. Works for one song, but way too chaotic for an 80 minutes long release.

zaps30
11-02-2018, 12:50 PM
I'd be shocked if they don't do a more traditional filming during the 6 dates in LA.

Helpmeiaminhell
11-02-2018, 07:00 PM
I'd be shocked if they film it traditionally. Compared to how shit bootleg quality Closure was and how rough AATCHB and even The Gift and BYIT were filmed, my guess is if you see any pro shot official release from this tour, it will be like the motion sickness inducing style of "Ahead Of Ourselves"...Even the lone pro shot on this tour (Mad Cool) was filmed in that style for most of the show....Don't expect a nice slick professionally filmed show.....This is NIN after all

SM Rollinger
11-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Got my fingers crossed for a live anthology with proshots from all touring cycles. Or maybe a series of releases, that would be sweet.

Finally get to see thoes Self Destruct/Wave Goodbye proshots and the rest of that Tension stuff.

That will tide me over till the Lateralus live video comes out!

WorzelG
11-03-2018, 01:35 AM
I love the on stage videos and from what I could see at the shows I was at, the guy was walking around quite slowly most of the time, no reason why they couldn’t do a full length Blu-ray filmed in the style of the 02 performance of Metal and Cars with Gary Numan that Rob Sheridan filmed

mauro995
11-03-2018, 07:02 AM
I love the on stage videos and from what I could see at the shows I was at, the guy was walking around quite slowly most of the time, no reason why they couldn’t do a full length Blu-ray filmed in the style of the 02 performance of Metal and Cars with Gary Numan that Rob Sheridan filmed
Actually, the director of the Ahead of Ourselves video is the same guy who directed the Metal performance from Vegas this year, and the pace of the video has nothing to do with the one of Ahead of Ourselves. I think that a full release on stage would not be as chaotic all the time as that one, just during certain songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz9-gpeDMO0

zecho
11-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Yeah that guy with the camera onstage gets pretty annoying in every other YT video from this tour, including the shows with no side screens (which is most of the shows, I assume). Of course all would be forgiven if we see his footage afterwards.

That said, I actually wouldn't want the full concert to be presented in the same style as Ahead of Ourselves video. Works for one song, but way too chaotic for an 80 minutes long release.

Not only do I want a whole show filmed that way, I wouldn't mind if it was all one continuous shot. It would really change the feeling of a concert film; no cuts, all from the stage, representing what it feels like from a performer's perspective. Chaos is pretty refreshing in a world of highly polished youtube clips.

witte
11-05-2018, 10:43 AM
It has nothing to do with the fall tour, but my source (close to booking agency eu/netherlands) who informed me correct the last couple of years, told me that NIN is planning to do a festival tour in EU next year 2019 (again). I cannot imagine this will happen, but I also cannot imagine he's talking bullshit to me....

botley
11-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Well, lecken meinen Kugelsack!

Esperanzan
11-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Why do they hate Australia :(
Every single one of my favourite bands has done huge US/EU/Asia/South America tours over the past 3 years, and they've all studiously avoided Australia.
/whine over

Elrickooo
11-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Every single one of my favourite bands has done huge US/EU/Asia/South America tours over the past 3 years, and they've all studiously avoided Australia.
/whine over

I am absolutely gutted, I moved to NZ from UK a few years ago otherwise I could of flown out to some USA shows. It sucks I thought theyíd do the festiva circuit over here with a few side shows but it seems less likely now. I was hoping we would get some of those cool sets they did like with the co headline tour with queens

bobbie solo
11-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Them doing some different festivals next summer is no surprise. The money is good, and there are so many to choose from all over Europe, North America & South America these days that it's easy for a band of their size to skip around and not get too repetitious.

I was surprised Trent didn't green light two or three Australian shows this last summer when they did those cool shows in Asia. I guess it makes sense now that we know how busy they've been scoring a billion things. Still would have been a good move for the fans there but it's understandable.

I'd love to see NIN play a show in Africa at some point. Based on economics, concert infrastructure & audience desire, I imagine South Africa is the only realistic option there. An Israeli show would be cool too once that war criminal Netanyahu is out of office and a left leaning gov't (hopefully) takes over. Could see India one day too.

ophelia_
11-05-2018, 06:57 PM
/whine over

I'm starting to think Trent actually does hate Australia, lol. After seeing him in Chicago and how insanely happy he was, compared to how moody he is in Aus. Maybe he still holds a grudge about how much we charge for CDs, lol.

Was hoping that some Aus shows would be announced when they headed over to Japan but nope. Hopefully "soon"!

Otherwise, might just need to hit up the EU for some of those festival shows.

somewhat_
11-05-2018, 08:19 PM
It has nothing to do with the fall tour, but my source (close to booking agency eu/netherlands) who informed me correct the last couple of years, told me that NIN is planning to do a festival tour in EU next year 2019 (again). I cannot imagine this will happen, but I also cannot imagine he's talking bullshit to me....

This was said to be fake when it was posted awhile back, but Iím not so sure....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181106/4f8923b2327a70f9aa19467118ce2757.jpg

sonic_discord
11-05-2018, 10:45 PM
This was said to be fake when it was posted awhile back, but I’m not so sure....

Considering Tool is playing the 13th, that would be pretty damn tempting. Nine Inch Nails + Tool + Rammstein = Yes, please!

Sarah K
11-06-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm starting to think Trent actually does hate Australia, lol. After seeing him in Chicago and how insanely happy he was, compared to how moody he is in Aus

To be fair, this is not how he has been historically. This is a New Trant.

implanted_microchip
11-06-2018, 09:59 AM
If they take the spring off I could see another summer/fall tour happening for sure. Trent’s never seemed as enthusiastic about shows as he has this year and that energy’s only gotten stronger as it’s gone on (as opposed to his past cycle of burning out). There’s a lot of areas they haven’t been to this year they could hit up and then all the major markets are guaranteed again (NY, LA, etc.).

klyrish
11-06-2018, 12:11 PM
This was said to be fake when it was posted awhile back, but I’m not so sure....

Holy SHIT I hope that's real. My wife and I were planning on taking our first trip to Europe around that time next summer with the entirety of the trip to be spent in Italy because Costco travel has INSANELY good deals. It's been a bucket list item for me for a long, long time to attend one of these mythical European festivals and if this graphic is true, my testicles are going to burst from joy.

fillow
11-06-2018, 12:59 PM
^^
this one is obviously fake, you can see the color changes where they copypasted yellow background over The Cure (16.06 headliner). plus, in this day and age (and especially in Europe), there just no way NIN are headlining over R+

klyrish
11-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Yeah, that picture might be fake, but I'm not giving up hope NIN's headlining June 15 given that witte's source has been right in the past.

implanted_microchip
11-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Eh, lots of bands have talked about how touring Australia can be prohibitively expensive. They did several runs in venues in 07 there and did the QOTSA tour in 2014. It’s not like Europe where you can hit up dozens of cities once you’re over there.

ophelia_
11-06-2018, 06:15 PM
It's pretty close to Asia though, most bands do an Australasian tour if they come out this way. Still expensive to fly out to Japan, may as well make the most of it whilst you're in the area.

WorzelG
11-07-2018, 02:14 AM
^^
this one is obviously fake, you can see the color changes where they copypasted yellow background over The Cure (16.06 headliner). plus, in this day and age (and especially in Europe), there just no way NIN are headlining over R+
I’m not sure Rammstein are playing either, they’re just doing Milton Keynes bowl in the UK, not a festival

Esperanzan
11-07-2018, 05:38 AM
The thing is that if a band is willing to fly over to Asia to play a concert, it's not much more expensive to get to Australia (and the audiences are often bigger.) Massive Attack did a tour last year where they played in Hong Kong ​of all places but didn't take the flight south to Australia.

ItsChrisRoss
11-07-2018, 09:49 AM
The thing is that if a band is willing to fly over to Asia to play a concert, it's not much more expensive to get to Australia (and the audiences are often bigger.) Massive Attack did a tour last year where they played in Hong Kong ​of all places but didn't take the flight south to Australia.

Massive Attack! I've been waiting for the chance to see them for like, a decade. Thing is, they NEVER go to the US, which pretty much eliminates my chances. Same feelings here about bands not coming around.

somewhat_
11-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Massive Attack! I've been waiting for the chance to see them for like, a decade. Thing is, they NEVER go to the US, which pretty much eliminates my chances. Same feelings here about bands not coming around.

Today could be your lucky day. Some US Massive attack ticket pre-sales start today!

ItsChrisRoss
11-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Today could be your lucky day. Some US Massive attack ticket pre-sales start today!

Haha! Another ETS member pointed that out to me in a PM...however, they are mostly in CA and NY. CA is close to AZ which is where I am, but with the cost of tickets, Lodging, travel, its just so expensive... Thank you for keeping me in the loop though~!

Esperanzan
11-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Not only that, they're playing Mezzanine in full. With fucking Elizabeth Fraser. That's about as big as saying NIN are gonna play the Fragile in full for the rest of this tour with Mike Garson, Adrian Belew and the Buddha Boys. It's one of my pipe dreams.

mostlymad
11-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Not only that, they're playing Mezzanine in full. With fucking Elizabeth Fraser. That's about as big as saying NIN are gonna play the Fragile in full for the rest of this tour with Mike Garson, Adrian Belew and the Buddha Boys. It's one of my pipe dreams.

I will definitely be going.

slammy79
11-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Got my ticket for Boston! It's the same venue as NIN. I also bought my ticket in the Mezzanine section of the theater. Seemed appropriate.

AThousandDaysBefore
11-09-2018, 11:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=145&v=6loPcz6FWTU

Anyone see this video before?
This is not from Mad cool or Panorama, but the camera it looks like the last official videos in the stage

WorzelG
11-10-2018, 04:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=145&v=6loPcz6FWTU

Anyone see this video before?
This is not from Mad cool or Panorama, but the camera it looks like the last official videos in the stage
Is this either from the Bakersfield return to the stage video or I’m sure Ilan Rubin’s brother was filming some stuff that became a ‘story’ on Instagram ? Could someone have captured that and put it on YouTube ?

mauro995
11-10-2018, 05:13 AM
Is this either from the Bakersfield return to the stage video or I’m sure Ilan Rubin’s brother was filming some stuff that became a ‘story’ on Instagram ? Could someone have captured that and put it on YouTube ?
It's from the Bakersfield video, here is the full version with Branches/Bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6BLXrWZ1E

StockAvuryah
11-10-2018, 08:49 AM
It's from the Bakersfield video, here is the full version with Branches/Bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6BLXrWZ1E

Ha, I love how Atticus says the lyrics of the first chorus to himself. Didn't catch that last time I saw this.

StockAvuryah
11-12-2018, 07:05 PM
So I did this, hope you enjoy. Multicam of Subterraneans at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHcuQXKIjI

sonic_discord
11-12-2018, 08:57 PM
So I did this, hope you enjoy. Multicam of Subterraneans at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHcuQXKIjI

Very nice! How did you get such close & clear video?? Man, I wish I hadn't missed out on the first night in Chicago so I could have seen I'm Afraid of Americans. Anyway, well done!

StockAvuryah
11-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Very nice! How did you get such close & clear video?? Man, I wish I hadn't missed out on the first night in Chicago so I could have seen I'm Afraid of Americans. Anyway, well done!

For Subterraneans someone posted a video of the two covers in Chicago on YouTube and I asked for the original files. File was recovered after being corrupted though, so the cuts between shots in my vid also had to dodge some hiccups of the video :p

StockAvuryah
11-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Sorry for the double post.

While I'm at it here is only Subterraneans :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92PHiWqAd7k

ryanmcfly
11-18-2018, 03:10 PM
We may have a stream tonight.
https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1064261470723166213

otnavuskire
11-18-2018, 03:25 PM

I tried connecting to those YouTube links via a proxy in Mexico, but still got messages saying it wasn't available in my country.

Esperanzan
11-18-2018, 04:05 PM
At least we'll probably get live setlist updates. Anyone putting money on a surprise tonight?

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm calling it right now that We're in This Together is going to appear at one of these Mexico shows. Why would I say that? The music video was filmed in Mexico and I would imagine being back there reminds Trent of the video.

xolotl
11-18-2018, 05:58 PM
I hadn't actually mentioned this in here yet, but in case anyone might be interested who hadn't noticed, I put up a thread where you can put down some predictions of what additions to the setlist we might see during the remaining dates of the tour. Gotta get your predictions in by 21:20 GMT-6 (03:20 GMT) tonight for full marks! https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5258-COLD-and-BLACK-and-INFINITE-Song-Debut-Predictions

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 07:23 PM

I tried this proxy

3128 (https://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/port-3128/)

and I'm able to view both youtube channels and the twitter channel. Don't know to record of Youtube or else I'd try to capture none else is

otnavuskire
11-18-2018, 07:23 PM
This Twitter stream is working for me when connected to a proxy in Mexico. NIN comes on at 10:20 EST, I think.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1060380037185077253

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 08:20 PM
I wouldnít expect the whole set being streamed, the festival channel is cutting the transmissions short and alternating between performing acts. Happened last night with Chemical Brothers. But letís hope they do NIN in full

Esperanzan
11-18-2018, 08:30 PM
I seriously doubt that We're In This Together will return this tour - it was hard enough to sing in 2007, and even those performances were pitched down. Not sure why everyone is so sure about it and Deep being played.

But I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

TheBang
11-18-2018, 08:36 PM
I saw a chyron on the broadcast that said NIN at 21:20 and Imagine Dragons at 22:50 (and Mercury Rev at 00:50), so I think we'll be getting the full set.

Elrickooo
11-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Can anyone help me set this stream up, I am in NZ, how do you set up a proxy?

FULLMETAL
11-18-2018, 09:20 PM
I'm using the twitter link & a Tunnelbear, but I can't get a larger screen size from the stream. Anyhow, it looks like we're getting another Black & White stream like Mad Cool.

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Mr. Self Destruct and then Wish to start.

Sound quality is really good and it's shot like the recent videos and Mad Cool Festival were.

TheBang
11-18-2018, 09:26 PM
And then Wish! A couple punches to the face are a good way to start.

Esperanzan
11-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Can someone comment when each song comes on? setlist.fm is being slow.

deepdeep
11-18-2018, 09:31 PM
Can someone comment when each song comes on? setlist.fm is being slow.

Less Than =)

FULLMETAL
11-18-2018, 09:33 PM
It makes all the Vulcans feel better.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:33 PM
MOTP

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Piggy

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 09:39 PM
And like the dummy I am, I totally forgot about the start time and missed the 1st couple of songs.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:41 PM
The Lovers

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Eraser

FULLMETAL
11-18-2018, 09:46 PM
You're thinking of Reptile. Also, could we just edit one post with the setlist additions instead of making new ones?

otnavuskire
11-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Ha. Trent pulled a Peter Murphy and messed up the lyrics to Reptile.

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Eraser

Man this version of Eraser sounds a lot like Reptile

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:52 PM
You're thinking of Reptile. Also, could we just edit one post with the setlist additions instead of making new ones?

Yup! Thatís Reptile! Little drunk here trying to overcome the fact that didnít make it to this or tomorrowís gigs

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Shit Mirror

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 09:54 PM
from what's been posted here and now watching, here's the cart list, will update

Mr. Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead of Ourselves
God Break Down the Door
Closer
Burn
The Perfect Drug
Me, I'm Not
Copy of A
Gave Up
I'm Afraid of Americans
Starfuckers Inc.
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

FULLMETAL
11-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Augh! Just lost the feed during Shit Mirror.

https://i.imgur.com/elvrSC9.png

Mine came back (haunted) during the middle of Ahead of Ourselves.

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 09:56 PM
concert stream froze, looks like stream is still live :(

back up!

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Ahead of ourselves

ryanmcfly
11-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Same set so far as River City Rockfest.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 09:59 PM
God brake down the door

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:02 PM
That close up of Trent playing the sax [emoji119]

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Closer

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Burn

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 10:14 PM
oh my god it's the perfect drug with an on stage video

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:14 PM
The Perfect Drug

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 10:15 PM
SOUNDBOARD RECORDING OF THE PERFECT DRUG!!!!!!! This is the exact setlist as San Antonio, HOLY SHIT HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY SOUNDBOARD????

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:18 PM
oh my god it's the perfect drug with an on stage video

I really hope they upload this one to the official YouTube page in pristine crystal clear quality God Damn!

FULLMETAL
11-18-2018, 10:19 PM
SOUNDBOARD RECORDING OF THE PERFECT DRUG!!!!!!! This is the exact setlist as San Antonio, HOLY SHIT HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY SOUNDBOARD????

You had to say something to jinx it.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Me Iím Not

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 10:20 PM

The Atlanta IEM/AUD mix was pretty good but what I just heard was way way better. Ilan's drums mixed with the beats was fucking amazing.

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 10:20 PM
Nope, Setlist finally changed from San Antonio. Me, I'm Not now. Holding out hope for HIS.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Copy of A

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:27 PM
This won't happen at a festival, but could you imagine if they played ATCHB? Oh, my god.

BTW, I am capturing the video/audio straight from the CDN - the highest quality version possible, short of figuring out what satellite they are beaming to and capturing that feed with a big dish. I'll send it over to NinLive once the show ends. I'd post it here, but I'm not sure the rules allow that.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:29 PM
Gave Up

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Fuck! That flying guitar!!! [emoji2962]

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:34 PM
Iím Afraid of Americans

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 10:36 PM
This won't happen at a festival, but could you imagine if they played ATCHB? Oh, my god.

BTW, I am capturing the video/audio straight from the CDN - the highest quality version possible, short of figuring out what satellite they are beaming to and capturing that feed with a big dish. I'll send it over to NinLive once the show ends. I'd post it here, but I'm not sure the rules allow that.

did your feed drop out during Shit Mirror/Ahead of Ourselves too or were you able to capture that?

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:36 PM
did your feed drop out during Shit Mirror/Ahead of Ourselves too or were you able to capture that?

That was a camera issue. My feed has the Corona logo display and whatnot during that (I didn't lose connection to the feed or anything) but that issue went out over satellite too. That segment is lost forever, unless the festival people upload the set to the site with that fixed or something. In my copy, it's about a minute and a half or so.

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 10:39 PM
dang :( figured it was the same but asked anyway. RIP 2 minute segment of tonights show

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Starfuckers!!!

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 10:42 PM
This is a good set, it's mostly what you would expect but still surprising nontheless.

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:42 PM
This is a good set, it's mostly what you would expect but still surprising nontheless.

Almost feels weird after the last few months of deep cuts

otnavuskire
11-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Guessing with how late it is we're getting HLAH and Hurt after this. Maybe even just Hurt.

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Lol 'Link Connecting' pop-up. Whoever is producing this is really doing it on autopilot.

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Hand That Feeds

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:45 PM
The Hand That Feeds

nooneimportant
11-18-2018, 10:46 PM
Lol 'Link Connecting' pop-up. Whoever is producing this is really doing it on autopilot.

NIN's Camera Guy seems to keep getting his camera unplugged. It happened earlier in the set and the stream producers cut to the normal cameras.

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:47 PM
NIN's Camera Guy seems to keep getting his camera unplugged. It happened earlier in the set and the stream producers cut to the normal cameras.

Yeah, it's just silly that they have the gear set to output warning messages over the production video output rather than as an alarm to the video guy. Equipment at this level supports stuff like that.

They have that warning message going up over satellite, overlaid on top of the video. An encoder connected to a fast internet connection picks up that feed, slaps the Corona logo/text/tweets and shit over the video, shoots it out to YouTube/Facebook/Twitter. Silly.

high def ultra-realism
11-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Damn! Ok, Iím just gonna stop XD
Totally wasted over here Ha! But really enjoying this! It was great to have a live stream of this [emoji119]

dtdt
11-18-2018, 10:54 PM
Hurt, we're done. Hopefully ninlive can get this up on the site tomorrow. Would love to have this as audio tracks, so I don't have to do that work myself :D

Papagolash
11-18-2018, 10:56 PM
So unless they shock up with a surprise ending, here's tonights setlist

Mr. Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead of Ourselves
God Break Down the Door
Closer
Burn
The Perfect Drug
Me, I'm Not
Copy of A
Gave Up
I'm Afraid of Americans
Starfuckers Inc.
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

dtdt
11-18-2018, 11:02 PM
Time to upload!

Esperanzan
11-18-2018, 11:12 PM
Starfuckers is well on its way to becoming the Gloaming of this discography and it's hilarious.

dtdt
11-18-2018, 11:17 PM
Uploaded, PMed it to the guy :)

xolotl
11-18-2018, 11:24 PM
Starfuckers is well on its way to becoming the Gloaming of this discography and it's hilarious.

I am quite familiar with the song, but I admit I don't follow Radiohead touring as much as I probably should. Would you mind explaining the comparison? Thus ruining the humor with an excess of exposition? :) "Could you just explain that joke in elaborate detail, please?"

Esperanzan
11-18-2018, 11:35 PM
I am quite familiar with the song, but I admit I don't follow Radiohead touring as much as I probably should. Would you mind explaining the comparison? Thus ruining the humor with an excess of exposition? :) "Could you just explain that joke in elaborate detail, please?"

Haha all good, both Starfuckers and The Gloaming are songs that the respective communities generally don't care for, but everyone thinks that the band must adore them because they're starting to show up in just about every goddamn setlist.

For the record The Gloaming is in my top 20 Radiohead songs - if it were up to me it would be played every time!

xolotl
11-18-2018, 11:39 PM
Haha all good, both Starfuckers and The Gloaming are songs that the respective communities generally don't care for, but everyone thinks that the band must adore them because they're starting to show up in just about every goddamn setlist.

For the record The Gloaming is in my top 20 Radiohead songs - if it were up to me it would be played every time!

Hah, awesome. And yeah, I loves me some Gloaming as well. (I also remain rather fond of Starfuckers, even though I admit it's a bit of an oddball on the album. I still love how effortlessly heavy-but-driven it sounds, like the song just can't wait to get to the next bar. Down to the drumline/bassline, of course...)

dtdt
11-18-2018, 11:44 PM
Hah, awesome. And yeah, I loves me some Gloaming as well. (I also remain rather fond of Starfuckers, even though I admit it's a bit of an oddball on the album. I still love how effortlessly heavy-but-driven it sounds, like the song just can't wait to get to the next bar. Down to the drumline/bassline, of course...)

By far the biggest problem with Starfuckers is how it throws off the album pacing. Really feels like a single that was just randomly tossed on the album without much thought.

StockAvuryah
11-19-2018, 01:42 AM
By far the biggest problem with Starfuckers is how it throws off the album pacing. Really feels like a single that was just randomly tossed on the album without much thought.

And that's what it was. Trent said it was unrelated (lyric-wise), and doesn't fit with the rest. But for some reason he put it there.

it's cool live though

nooneimportant
11-19-2018, 03:43 AM
Before NIN came on stage at Corona Capital they had How Long by HTDA playing as the stage filled with smoke but you could only hear a short bit of it before the intro to Mr. Self Destruct on the stream. Not sure if it was just the PA music or a possible edit of the song but it wasn't the normal Fireman intro.

StockAvuryah
11-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Uploaded, PMed it to the guy :)

To answer your previous question, yes you can share recordings here, 99% of the time. Or at least in the recording thread.

Kid A
11-19-2018, 10:45 AM

I'm always down to get Gloamed! I don't get the hate. Have heard it prob 20 times live and never get sick of it.

ricardo
11-19-2018, 01:21 PM
https://youtu.be/RVixKtEiR3c

FULLMETAL
11-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Any fluent Spanish speakers care to translate the dialogue at the beginning of the Corona Capital video? I assume it's something akin to, "Everyone seems to be asleep."

Esperanzan
11-19-2018, 09:04 PM
What time are they on?

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-19-2018, 09:44 PM
I, personally, absolutely loved that live Q&A they just streamed. Some of the crowd members asked better questions than some professional interviewers have.

Esperanzan
11-19-2018, 09:54 PM
I, personally, absolutely loved that live Q&A they just streamed. Some of the crowd members asked better questions than some professional interviewers have.

Wait, there was a Q&A?? I feel way behind tonight, I thought they would be on now...

K-Rice
11-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Setlist.fm has Sin, Sanctified, HMIAIH, HIS, and GBDTD so far tonight. Isn’t this one at a really tiny venue? There might not be a lot of people keeping tabs on it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-19-2018, 10:05 PM
Wait, there was a Q&A?? I feel way behind tonight, I thought they would be on now...

I’m not sure what the circumstances were, but I was working on rearranging my apartment when I’d noticed a notification from the official NIN page for a live stream of some kind, turned out to be a hosted Q&A from the show floor for tonight’s show, and consisted of a handful of questions from 10-15 fans in the crowd.

Edit: The video is still available if you’re interested!
https://www.facebook.com/sopitas/videos/572125893209738/

bobbie solo
11-19-2018, 10:48 PM
I’m not sure what the circumstances were, but I was working on rearranging my apartment when I’d noticed a notification from the official NIN page for a live stream of some kind, turned out to be a hosted Q&A from the show floor for tonight’s show, and consisted of a handful of questions from 10-15 fans in the crowd.

Edit: The video is still available if you’re interested!
https://www.facebook.com/sopitas/videos/572125893209738/

this rules.

trollmanen
11-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Did they stream the whole festival show? Will there finally be a good (full) soundboard recording of Mr. Self Destruct?

poro765
11-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Did they stream the whole festival show? Will there finally be a good (full) soundboard recording of Mr. Self Destruct?
Soundboard? Yes. Full show? Yes. But the quality of the audio stream wasn't good enough.

nooneimportant
11-19-2018, 11:55 PM
Soundboard? Yes. Full show? Yes. But the quality of the audio stream wasn't good enough.

It sounded very similar to the Sonic Mania IEM but compressed as hell. It was still alot better than Mad Cool and you could hear what the band members were contributing.

poro765
11-20-2018, 12:51 AM
It sounded very similar to the Sonic Mania IEM but compressed as hell. It was still alot better than Mad Cool and you could hear what the band members were contributing.
The compressed as hell part was the main problem for me, but better than nothing.

mauro995
11-20-2018, 04:05 AM
Any fluent Spanish speakers care to translate the dialogue at the beginning of the Corona Capital video? I assume it's something akin to, "Everyone seems to be asleep."
It was Portuguese, and it was the same sample that Portishead use at the beginning of their song Silence. Traslated it would be something like "be alert to the rules of the three, what you give will return to you".

henryeatscereal
11-20-2018, 08:42 AM
It was Portuguese, and it was the same sample that Portishead use at the beginning of their song Silence. Traslated it would be something like "be alert to the rules of the three, what you give will return to you".
Yeah, it's Portishead
When i attended the show i was waithing for "The Fireman", but it never came, instead whe got the HTDA song and then the intro for Portishead's "Silence" started to play, then it went to Mr Self Destruct's" "punches", i thought it was kind of a fuck up by the DJ.

Funny fact: i saw Portishead in the very same stage and festival, back in 2011...

fillow
11-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Re: sound quality

I think recent Metal and Ahead of Ourselves live clips sound pretty bad, as does NIN returns to the stage/Bakersfield video from last year. What gives?

Krazy
11-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Re: more tickets just released to the NOLA shows. Did they just pull a KISS and up the price of the tickets? Thought they were about $100 when they first went on sale, these non-resale on TM are now approaching $170.

FWIW Im not gonna blame TR for this, I’m assuming it’s the promoters doing this shit- assuming tickets are indeed priceier right now.

TheBang
11-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Re: more tickets just released to the NOLA shows. Did they just pull a KISS and up the price of the tickets? Thought they were about $100 when they first went on sale, these non-resale on TM are now approaching $170.
They might actually be cheaper. There are a couple ticket images on craigslist for Orch level seats which are $179.50 each.

Krazy
11-20-2018, 08:28 PM
They might actually be cheaper. There are a couple ticket images on craigslist for Orch level seats which are $179.50 each.

Yup, looking at some old posts in the NOLA specific show thread and it lines up. VERY small seated venue, have fun kids! Wish I could be there.

WorzelG
11-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Wonder if there’ll be a ton of people on a ‘pilgrimage’ to visit Trents old house and studio? Getting vicariously excited on behalf of the people going that there will be a lot more Fragile love at this show. I still remember hearing that album for the first time while doing some mundane task and being swept away by it, ended up having to phone my sister to rave about it, probably the Sunday after release

captainbeyond
11-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Wonder if there’ll be a ton of people on a ‘pilgrimage’ to visit Trents old house and studio? Getting vicariously excited on behalf of the people going that there will be a lot more Fragile love at this show. I still remember hearing that album for the first time while doing some mundane task and being swept away by it, ended up having to phone my sister to rave about it, probably the Sunday after release

I've visited the studio twice in the past few years just show my friends. I remember the first time realizing what it was back in 2010 when I coincidentally parked across the street because I had a gig at the bar nearby.

K-Rice
11-23-2018, 07:19 PM
I'm really anxious to see tonight's set. I was very close to splurging and buying tickets to at least two NOLA shows. I just have this feeling that something special is gonna happen.

Esperanzan
11-23-2018, 09:27 PM
This is going to be one of those no update nights, isn't it :/

Edit: even this thread is dead.

deepdeep
11-23-2018, 10:16 PM
This is going to be one of those no update nights, isn't it :/

Edit: even this thread is dead.

I feel your frustration. Digging through Instagram for clues, so far I've seen clips of Reptile and TPD...

Kyle
11-23-2018, 10:50 PM
I feel your frustration. Digging through Instagram for clues, so far I've seen clips of Reptile and TPD...

I saw a MotP clip which is hardly a shocking revelation

Esperanzan
11-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Set is up. Not particularly exciting but that's alright for night 1.

nmitchell86
11-23-2018, 11:38 PM

Where?

arsenic
11-23-2018, 11:39 PM
Where?

setlist.fm

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/saenger-performing-arts-theater-new-orleans-la-397c18f.html

Kyle
11-23-2018, 11:39 PM

We have reached the point where the perfect drug, and all the love in the world accounts for a not that exciting night

snichols
11-24-2018, 12:14 AM
Hell no we have not! Tonights setlist is great. The Lovers into This isnt the place.....All the love and Even Deeper for an encore!?! Im excited for those who were there. The 30th cant get here soon enough!

Papagolash
11-24-2018, 12:52 AM
This Isn't The Place, Reptile, Sin, The Perfect Drug, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves. Ohhh man that setlist was on a fucking tear right there. A few of those songs are my favorites.

gorast
11-24-2018, 11:29 AM
I think it's just because the setlist watchers have seen most of the variations in the sets at this piont in the tour. But there's still room for surprises - AATCHB was only a couple shows ago, so was Starfuckers. And these sets are, individually, all absolutely incredible. If you picked any single show from this tour and showed it to someone from before the tour started, they would lose their shit. Any of these sets.

Kyle
11-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Not EVERY show. There was the one I was at (lol - still bitter about that haha)

there were a couple songs from the trilogy that weren't played before this tour but that's nothing to really get excited about since this was the first major US tour supporting those releases

paul_guyet
11-24-2018, 01:26 PM
I think it's just because the setlist watchers have seen most of the variations in the sets at this piont in the tour. But there's still room for surprises - AATCHB was only a couple shows ago, so was Starfuckers. And these sets are, individually, all absolutely incredible. If you picked any single show from this tour and showed it to someone from before the tour started, they would lose their shit. Any of these sets.Seriously, did you ever fucking imagine that we'd be in a place where we see the perfect fucking drug on a setlist and we'd be like, "hm, nothing crazy tonight guys"? God damn...

m0reta
11-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Yeah we're jaded assholes. :-D But I am seriously happy at every song these days. I get to practice my detective skills (is this...? No! It's this!!!) plus you can't be sure how long the tour drought could last or if future sbow will involve so many unexpected treasures again. Viva la cold la black la infinite ('scuse my butuchering of articles indťfinis).

Esperanzan
11-24-2018, 04:46 PM
Not EVERY show. There was the one I was at (lol - still bitter about that haha)

there were a couple songs from the trilogy that weren't played before this tour but that's nothing to really get excited about since this was the first major US tour supporting those releases

Which show was this? Memphis?

Kyle
11-24-2018, 05:54 PM
Which show was this? Memphis?

Washington DC day one

Dear World and This Isn't the Place weren't played before this tour but those are new songs. Of the older stuff, everything they played was a staple or close to it

Still a great show and if it was my first I would love it and I don't expect him to cater to me. But I still would have liked a bit more rarities

m0reta
11-24-2018, 07:55 PM
My friend will try to stream tonight but don't everybody jump on at once. :-D

https://instagram.com/hecatedracul

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ryanmcfly
11-24-2018, 09:45 PM
The Frail/The Wretched are all I've been able to figure out. Maybe The Day the World Went Away too. So they probably opened with the Fragile tease

m0reta
11-24-2018, 11:42 PM
All the fragile you can shake a stick at. The teaser w somewhat damaged, tdtwwa, the frail/tw, then later we got la mer and starfuckers. got some year zero w/ survivalism and tgd. some phm w/ Santified and HLAH, some broken w/ hmiah/his as encore with over and out then hurt. also got field on fire and that is where my brain pretty much starts glitching trying to remember stuff.

bryan_NIN65
11-24-2018, 11:45 PM
Seriously, did you ever fucking imagine that we'd be in a place where we see the perfect fucking drug on a setlist and we'd be like, "hm, nothing crazy tonight guys"? God damn...

Uhhh, I bet the European guys are still cussing us, really The Perfect Drug AND Happiness in Slavery alone make any setlist out of this world. First world problems people. I am hoping to get at least get one of those or maybe Last at the Saturday Vegas show, sad that I can't make the Friday show also.

paul_guyet
11-25-2018, 12:02 AM
I'm kind of shocked that nothing new was added tonight... Maybe tomorrow?

Kyle
11-25-2018, 02:56 AM

there isn't even that much left to realistically add. I say realistically because we all know he isn't playing Kinda I Want To (as one example)
But here's some possibilities I can see
sunspots
the idea of you
not anymore
heresy
into the void
deep
Non-entity
or a lot of songs from with teeth that haven't been heard in a while
everything
underneath it all (if he plays that one, I'll just get mad at my show's setlist all over again)
where is everybody
capital g
god given
lots off of year zero is relevant today
track 72 off of broken

ok maybe there are more possibilities than I thought. I wouldn't expect many of these though. Maybe one or two in LA

WorzelG
11-25-2018, 03:23 AM
I’d love to hear The New Flesh, in full not just as an intro

NotinCnStopMeNow
11-25-2018, 07:57 AM
But here's some possibilities I can see
track 72 off of broken

actually they play that song quite a bit, usually right after head like a hole on most nights.

Atu
11-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Nope, you mistake it with track 68.

StockAvuryah
11-25-2018, 08:21 AM

La Mer was enough

nmitchell86
11-25-2018, 10:27 AM
track 72 off of broken

That's fucking funny!

paul_guyet
11-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Nope, you mistake it with track 68.What about that cover of Track 81 from Antichrist Superstar? Good to see Manson and Reznor have buried the hatchet.

Kyle
11-25-2018, 01:07 PM
actually they play that song quite a bit, usually right after head like a hole on most nights.

Nope. Track 72 is the only one they've never played. Read the wiki n00b

fillow
11-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Fingers crossed for a debut of Let's Hear It For Nine Inch Nails Wooo! They're Good!

Conan The Barbarian
11-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Did the person tell you all that information?

Also, life is much more enjoyable when you donít stress over meaningless shit. You got to see the show

loopcloses
11-25-2018, 03:28 PM
I think there's plenty of weird cuts off The Fragile, Year Zero, With Teeth, and The Slip that could show up. Hesitation Marks feels unlikely since those songs all had an elaborate moment in the sun a few years ago with huge visual spectacle, Pino Paladino, Lisa Fischer, and Sharlotte Gibson all providing a pretty distinct touch. But...
Head Down
Please
No, You Don't
Where is Everybody?
The Mark Has Been Made
Beside You in Time/Right Where it Belongs
Vessel
Capital G
In This Twilight (has this been played yet this year?)
The Warning
Echoplex
Head Down
Discipline

Are all songs most of this band has played before and shouldn't be too tricky to dust off. And that's ignoring big seemingly unlikely debuts like Demon Seed, Sunspots, Zero-Sum (would looove to see this as an encore), and WITT, none of which except the last one having near the fan intrigue The Perfect Drug and AATCHB had. Or hell, AATCHB could pop back up some time, I'm not quite as in love with that song as most are but that live version was amazing.

Kujy
11-25-2018, 05:53 PM
^ Where Is Everybody? has never been played live, just fyi.

sweeterthan
11-25-2018, 06:21 PM
^ Where Is Everybody? has never been played live, just fyi.

But how great would the woah oh oh oh ohhhhhhh part be ?

Kujy
11-25-2018, 08:52 PM
But how great would the woah oh oh oh ohhhhhhh part be ?

How awesome would it be to hear Trent rapping those verses live??

m0reta
11-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Ohhh Into The Void would be nice tonight.

It seems more likely for us to have the fragile sprinkled throughout the NOLA shows, especially as TR relates any specific moment or feeling to a particar song.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Esperanzan
11-25-2018, 09:02 PM
Fingers cross for setlist updates and at least one tour debut!!

ninlive
11-25-2018, 09:19 PM
Friend of mine took my seat and is taping. Opened with Mr. Self Destruct!

Edit: Piggy
Last

Esperanzan
11-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Friend of mine took my seat and is taping. Opened with Mr. Self Destruct!

Edit: Piggy
Last

Cheers, keep up the updates!

ninlive
11-25-2018, 09:38 PM
I didn't want them to be on their phone the whole show updating. So I told them to stop texting and enjoy it. I am super jealous right now.

Esperanzan
11-25-2018, 10:50 PM
Given the lack of news on the setlist I'm guessing no big surprises tonight. Oh well.