PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Deacon Blackfire
10-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Yeah I ran into a lot more obnoxious, bro-y people today for some reason. Glad I was in the GA section yesterday instead.

The Background World and Me, I'm Not were my definite favorites tonight - I hadn't seen either before and they both sounded just terrific. With all the shows done, of all the songs this lineup has brought into rotation, the only one I didn't get to see at Radio City or Kings Theatre that I really wanted to was Dear World. So yeah, I'm feeling extremely grateful and lucky.

bobbie solo
10-18-2018, 01:09 AM
I was between Robin, That tall ass black security guard with dreads. I think more right but i saw the mosh happening om the left that night, it ws absurd.

BUT TONIGHTS CROWD WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I came early as usual and got a great spot and met some awesome cool NIN fans and we all talked about the band and the annoying mosh pitters. I thought we were all safe, but all these fucking morons came out of nowhere and moshed. Fat bitches, dude bros, old fat dudes (like biggest loser fat) are crushing me against a rail (i was 3 rows behind the rail already)

i became the man from the broken music video through out that entire album. I didn’t even get to enjoy Gave Up, its one of my fav NIN somgs and I am being pummeled. Some guy was laughing and moshing and telling people its pit, i said dude keep the mosh on your side and he gives me a finger and I had to yell at him. Someone had to calm me down. Really pissed because that was an awesome setlist

Then I went to the back to relax and enjoy. Could barely see but still its NIN. Theres some tall bearded dude walking in front of people bumping into them and hes being pushed away by everyone like a fly. He was so out of it and someone hgave him beer and weed =|

and dude bros yelling HEAD LIKE A HOLE, no shit sherlock he ends the main set with that somg EVERY FUCKING TIME FOR THE PAST 20 years. You stupid fuck.

and some bitch yells Closer during Hurt, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE END WITH CLOSER? This isn’t a jam show.

I had more fun at Prudential (though that crowd was trashier than NYC) moshing during a light show? Come on now. But i got a good view and had an absolute blast and wasn’t disturbed.

i feel a little irritated that I and many others dropped tons of money for a band that means a lot to us, and a bunch of drunk assholes who probably haven’t listened to an album besides Downward Spiral being so disrespectful.

i like to be in the front because i love seeing the musicianship, and I couldn’t get that today.

thats just my rant.

one of the worst crowds I have been in.

BTW i loved those back up singers, they added such a gravitas to the songs and brought in a whole new side of NIN.

Hopefully NIN does an orchestra tour next like Reznor hinted years ago.

And tonight was an awesome set list too, sort of bittersweet.

They moshed during Even Deeper. Garbage humans.

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 03:26 AM
They moshed during Even Deeper. Garbage humans.

SMFH, and I thought moshing during "Copy of A" was bad.

Did you see that fat old piece of shit trying to crowd surf? This dipshit is maybe? someone's dad and he woke up with the intent of being an asshole to people at a show today.

Freakasaurus
10-18-2018, 05:34 AM
I was between Robin, That tall ass black security guard with dreads. I think more right but i saw the mosh happening om the left that night, it ws absurd.

BUT TONIGHTS CROWD WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I came early as usual and got a great spot and met some awesome cool NIN fans and we all talked about the band and the annoying mosh pitters. I thought we were all safe, but all these fucking morons came out of nowhere and moshed. Fat bitches, dude bros, old fat dudes (like biggest loser fat) are crushing me against a rail (i was 3 rows behind the rail already)

i became the man from the broken music video through out that entire album. I didn’t even get to enjoy Gave Up, its one of my fav NIN somgs and I am being pummeled. Some guy was laughing and moshing and telling people its pit, i said dude keep the mosh on your side and he gives me a finger and I had to yell at him. Someone had to calm me down. Really pissed because that was an awesome setlist

Then I went to the back to relax and enjoy. Could barely see but still its NIN. Theres some tall bearded dude walking in front of people bumping into them and hes being pushed away by everyone like a fly. He was so out of it and someone hgave him beer and weed =|

and dude bros yelling HEAD LIKE A HOLE, no shit sherlock he ends the main set with that somg EVERY FUCKING TIME FOR THE PAST 20 years. You stupid fuck.

and some bitch yells Closer during Hurt, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE END WITH CLOSER? This isn’t a jam show.

I had more fun at Prudential (though that crowd was trashier than NYC) moshing during a light show? Come on now. But i got a good view and had an absolute blast and wasn’t disturbed.

i feel a little irritated that I and many others dropped tons of money for a band that means a lot to us, and a bunch of drunk assholes who probably haven’t listened to an album besides Downward Spiral being so disrespectful.

i like to be in the front because i love seeing the musicianship, and I couldn’t get that today.

thats just my rant.

one of the worst crowds I have been in.

BTW i loved those back up singers, they added such a gravitas to the songs and brought in a whole new side of NIN.

Hopefully NIN does an orchestra tour next like Reznor hinted years ago.

And tonight was an awesome set list too, sort of bittersweet.

I just read this while drinking my coffee and I want to thank you for making me laugh first thing in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed your rant and your genuine disdain for the annoying moshers. I almost spit out my coffee when I read "biggest loser fat". LOL

As I was reading, I realized that I probably look like a "dude bro" - which also made me laugh. I also enjoy moshing at times - but when it's appropriate. However, I can't stand the people you described who show no respect to others and slam into everyone even during songs that don't inspire moshing. Despite my possible "dude bro" appearance, I'm usually the guy defending others and protecting people in an area from the idiots.

That group of songs from Broken you guys got to hear on night 2 is awesome! Glad they played Wish on 10/16 but I would've loved to have heard "Gave Up, Last, and Happiness In Slavery".

BTW that gigantic security dude managed to get his enormous head into almost every on of my pics!

Despite the BS, I did have a great time at the show and I'm still on a bit of a high from it. Have a good one!

Max
10-18-2018, 07:12 AM
In response to some of the complaints about other "fans" at the show, I'm going to join in and take it a little further.

I went to ATL show, my first concert of any kind in years. I started listening to NIN back in 94. I remember going to see them at Night of Nothing way back in the day. It's been a long time. I brought my wife, not knowing what to expect from the crowd itself. I kind of knew from standing in line for the tickets, but I was still holding out hope. It just felt like someone took a Trump rally and handed out NIN shirts. All white, all old, redneck looking people right in the middle of the city. I had this moment of "oh man, I'm at a a classic rock concert aren't I?"

The audience, overall, just doesn't feel like it fits Trent, and I wonder if he ever feels that when he looks out there. I mean this is a guy who has collaborated with Saul Williams, who is married to an Asian woman, who lives in a culturally diverse city and speaks out against Trump angrily and often. His audience now just seems so different than who he is.

I felt like an alien at the concert. It really affected my experience. I am more of a nerd, I am really into NIN because of the artistry, the emotion of it. But not only the angry stuff. The sad songs, the depth of meaning in Shit Mirror, or Ahead of Ourselves, thinking about the state of the world. Trying to puzzle through all the depth of meaning in Add Violence, sitting with the physical component and trying to figure out the puzzles and what they are trying to say.

I guess what I am getting at is when I went to the show and took a look around, the feeling wasn't, "wow, look at all the different kinds of people here". The feeling was more like, "wow, everyone else looks and acts a certain way and I don't feel like I belong here. This isn't my tribe here."

I know for sure there would be people there I would have connected with if I had a chance to meet everyone. But it made me sad that it wasn't more diverse in every sense of that word - age, race, class, gender, culture, etc. I wonder what Trent sees when he looks out at the crowd and how he feels about it.

It is what it is, but it seems to me that a big part of the reason you go to the concert instead of watching on YouTube is the experience as a whole. If I could go see NIN with a bunch of people who would be just as at home going to Saul Williams or Radiohead or Tori Amos then I'd be good.

I enjoyed the performance itself, but afterwards I told my wife that after 20+ years I got that out of my system and don't really feel like I need to go back. In the future I'll be in my room with the headphones on after a new album drops, laying on the bed trying to unravel the mysteries, poring over the liner notes like I did as a teenager, feeling just as odd and outcast now as I did back then.

Am I alone on this? It's fine if I am, as I suspect that's the case, but I am curious if anyone else relates at all.

Conan The Barbarian
10-18-2018, 07:15 AM
I wonder if this sort of complaining happened during 94 when everyone was going nuts in the crowd.

Freakasaurus
10-18-2018, 07:50 AM
I wonder if this sort of complaining happened during 94 when everyone was going nuts in the crowd.

No doubt there was way less complaining from the fans when they were in their 20s and full of energy, rage, etc. The audience has many middle aged people who were those 20 year olds. The audience is going to look and feel different. How could it not? The “old red neck” thing the one poster said is probably not really true as far as who most of these people are. They’re just middle aged, mostly white people, who don’t look as “cool” as they did when they weren’t balding and grey. The people at the show are NIN fans which shows they probably at least have good taste in music. Personally, I had a great time Tuesday night despite some idiots.

Conan The Barbarian
10-18-2018, 07:59 AM
NIN got them out of mosh retirement. I’m not saying they had to act like a douche to the poster, but poster had to know what might happen on a GA floor of a nine inch nails concert , ( I agree with poster in terms of moshing during the slow songs and the annoying yelling during the quiet ones, that’s just douche behavior in general.)

imail724
10-18-2018, 08:23 AM
I don't know, I feel like if I didn't want to inadvertently be involved in a mosh pit, GA at a NIN show would be one of the last places I'd want to be. That kind of thing just comes with the territory and you should only be mad at yourself if you get bumped into. Buy a seat next time.

sweeterthan
10-18-2018, 09:20 AM

When I saw them in 1995, it was kinda scary. At 5”4 and 110 pounds, I was standing on the side but when nin came out, suddenly the pit was everywhere. I got swept up and squished. I couldn’t move at all. I was fine of course but as a tiny person who goes to a fair share of GA shows, pits are fucking annoying.

imail724
10-18-2018, 09:31 AM
My shitty pics from 3 nights in NY https://www.instagram.com/p/BpE-RndlXLx/?taken-by=dons_knotts

sweeterthan
10-18-2018, 09:35 AM
In response to some of the complaints about other "fans" at the show, I'm going to join in and take it a little further.

I went to ATL show, my first concert of any kind in years. I started listening to NIN back in 94. I remember going to see them at Night of Nothing way back in the day. It's been a long time. I brought my wife, not knowing what to expect from the crowd itself. I kind of knew from standing in line for the tickets, but I was still holding out hope. It just felt like someone took a Trump rally and handed out NIN shirts. All white, all old, redneck looking people right in the middle of the city. I had this moment of "oh man, I'm at a a classic rock concert aren't I?"

The audience, overall, just doesn't feel like it fits Trent, and I wonder if he ever feels that when he looks out there. I mean this is a guy who has collaborated with Saul Williams, who is married to an Asian woman, who lives in a culturally diverse city and speaks out against Trump angrily and often. His audience now just seems so different than who he is.

I felt like an alien at the concert. It really affected my experience. I am more of a nerd, I am really into NIN because of the artistry, the emotion of it. But not only the angry stuff. The sad songs, the depth of meaning in Shit Mirror, or Ahead of Ourselves, thinking about the state of the world. Trying to puzzle through all the depth of meaning in Add Violence, sitting with the physical component and trying to figure out the puzzles and what they are trying to say.

I guess what I am getting at is when I went to the show and took a look around, the feeling wasn't, "wow, look at all the different kinds of people here". The feeling was more like, "wow, everyone else looks and acts a certain way and I don't feel like I belong here. This isn't my tribe here."

I know for sure there would be people there I would have connected with if I had a chance to meet everyone. But it made me sad that it wasn't more diverse in every sense of that word - age, race, class, gender, culture, etc. I wonder what Trent sees when he looks out at the crowd and how he feels about it.

It is what it is, but it seems to me that a big part of the reason you go to the concert instead of watching on YouTube is the experience as a whole. If I could go see NIN with a bunch of people who would be just as at home going to Saul Williams or Radiohead or Tori Amos then I'd be good.

I enjoyed the performance itself, but afterwards I told my wife that after 20+ years I got that out of my system and don't really feel like I need to go back. In the future I'll be in my room with the headphones on after a new album drops, laying on the bed trying to unravel the mysteries, poring over the liner notes like I did as a teenager, feeling just as odd and outcast now as I did back then.

Am I alone on this? It's fine if I am, as I suspect that's the case, but I am curious if anyone else relates at all.

I didn’t love the crowd around me on the second night of Atlanta either. People talking a bunch. Long ass conversations. I actually shushed people during “this isn’t the place”. The women behind me didn’t like that and told me to fuck off. I’m like hi. This is my favorite band playing a beautiful song that means a lot to me. Go have your conversation in the lobby. I’m not trying to be a dick but your yelling to each other behind my head is making it hard to hear. Is it that hard to understand that you’re being rude?

There was a woman in front of the guy next to me who kept putting her phone above her and turning around in circles. Over and over and over. Ive been to tons of shows and I’ve never seen anything like it. Is she making a documentary about her face? The ceiling? Surely she could do this in a better lighting situation and not in the center row at a show.

I kinda like that people are bitching here because I felt like maybe I’m too old or expecting too much from people. (which I probably am both fronts [emoji23])

ickyvicky
10-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Are you being sarcastic? Why would you bring an iPad to a concert?

At Sunday's Radio City show, there was a dude in front of me recording with his iPad. I wanted to tell him to put it down so bad, was blocking my view at times!

imail724
10-18-2018, 09:39 AM
ickyvicky that would have taken all of my might to not smack it out of his hands.

center27j
10-18-2018, 10:00 AM
At Sunday's Radio City show, there was a dude in front of me recording with his iPad. I wanted to tell him to put it down so bad, was blocking my view at times!

you should have! a polite shoulder tap and a quick put it down gesture. i do it all the time, these fucktards need to know that behavior is unacceptable.

ryanmcfly
10-18-2018, 10:11 AM

Recording with an iPad is just excessive

Helpmeiaminhell
10-18-2018, 12:45 PM
The performance of "SICNH" the other night was epic. The crowd was silent and let TR do his thing and get into the emotion of the song....Except for the usual 1 or 2 assholes who would scream YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/WOOOOOOOOOOOO during the song...never understood why there is always a couple assholes at every NIN show who have to scream in the middle of the sad/slow songs and try to fuck up the flow. I know in the past TR has ended 'Hurt' midway and had little tantrums at people screaming during the song, so maybe these people are trying to get a rise out of him or maybe they are just drunk assholes....Its a pet peeve of mine.

Leviathant
10-18-2018, 12:52 PM
I didn’t love the crowd around me on the second night of Atlanta either. People talking a bunch. Long ass conversations. I actually shushed people during “this isn’t the place”. The women behind me didn’t like that and told me to fuck off. I’m like hi. This is my favorite band playing a beautiful song that means a lot to me. Go have your conversation in the lobby. I’m not trying to be a dick but your yelling to each other behind my head is making it hard to hear. Is it that hard to understand that you’re being rude?

I had a moment somewhat like that at the first DC show. This guy was talking VERY LOUDLY over the music during one of the songs, and I waited for a break before I uncharacteristically turned to him and said "That is absolutely fascinating, but I'm trying to listen to the show, so if you need to talk please go somewhere else." I don't know if he left or just got quiet, but it did the trick.

Taking video with an iPad? I might throw my drink at your tech. Guess it's a good thing I don't drink anything at shows.

heavenly_bearded
10-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I'm a fat kid who likes NIN. I like to go into GA for concerts.

I feel so much better getting that off my fat chest.

paul_guyet
10-18-2018, 01:07 PM
Regarding all the shitty dude bros and Mosh Bastards, I don't like to think of them as the typical NIN fanbase. I look at every person who's just watching the show, singing along, or just fucking feeling it as the real Nine Inch Nails fan. Those others are just looking to mosh, whether it's to HLAH, Even Deeper or fucking Hurt. They're there to slam into people while listening to loud noise, not Nine Inch Nails. These flapsnots mosh to car horns.

paul_guyet
10-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I'm a fat kid who likes NIN. I like to go into GA for concerts.

I feel so much better getting that off my fat chest.I support you, Steve. I'm 6'8 and 300 lbs. If I do GA, I just try and stay out of everyone's way to watch the show. It's tough.

icklekitty
10-18-2018, 01:10 PM

You've basically summed up why I had no desire to go to a single US show this year, on a number of levels. But know that the people you are looking for do exist on this board.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-18-2018, 01:58 PM
You've basically summed up why I had no desire to go to a single US show this year, on a number of levels. But know that the people you are looking for do exist on this board.

I’ll admit, one of the best parts of going to Red Rocks, for me, is the fact that there is no pit. There’s no room for people to push around or be too rowdy, and it gives you a chance to focus more on the show and the view. You may have cases where the people near you aren’t familiar with maintaining personal space, but aside from that I don’t think I’ve had an issue with standing with anyone any of the times I’ve been there. However, when I get to the Aragon, it’s safe to assume that getting a spot near the front will mean close quarters and pushing are part of the territory, and hope for the best. But then again, I’m a 6-foot, 160-ish pound dude, so I suppose it’s not hard for me to hold my own. Even that doesn’t make a difference when it comes to people who want to yell or spill drinks or piss on the floor and use their elbows like cattle prods for humans.

Edit: I don’t mind being in the pit, at all. But not all the time, and not in certain crowds. I was in the pits for Deftones in 2011 and I’ve never been more beat up in my life. No bleeding, but the bathroom was fuuuuull of bloody paper towels and people cleaning themselves up. That show was so intense. Gotta know your crowd and do the best you can. Hopefully the people around you are decent!

ryanmcfly
10-18-2018, 02:45 PM
I was fucking livid when the NIN/SG tour did not have a GA pit. Though, with how Cold and Black and Infinite was set up with the in person sales, knowing i can get a chance at front row tickets by just showing up early as shit, i would be open for that again. That being said, I don't mind being shoved around. I'm all about being in the pit. I mosh more so to bands I don't care as much about at shows, so i don't really mosh to NIN. Also, there is a fine line between having a good time and being a dick though. There was a guy at River City Rockfest just screaming belligerently during all the songs he knew the words to. Drove me fucking crazy.

bobbie solo
10-18-2018, 03:17 PM
fwiw, the GA pit Tuesday at Kings was a great crowd. Not much moshing, and the stuff I did see at least made sense in terms of what the band was playing...MotP, HLAH, etc. Not like last night where these morons were push moshing (the sign of a true neanderthal) to Even Deeper and THTF, as opposed to something logical and appropriate like...oh I don't know...ANYTHING from Broken earlier in the night?!?

I'm a hardcore kid at heart, so any "moshing" I see at NIN shows is cringey to me. I don't understand moshing to any of it outside of things like MSD or MotP. What I found fascinating about these two Kings Theatre shows was that technically there was no barrier. You could get right up on the stage quickly. Obviously all of us right up front in the VIP area and the closest parts of the regular GA were diehard fans who aren't gonna bumrush Trent...but someone COULD have if they wanted to. I would have loved a stagedive/pile-on singalong type show if things were gonna get rowdy, but I think we're all too old & well behaved for that now. That would make a NIN show way more interesting to me.

witte
10-18-2018, 03:19 PM
I had a moment somewhat like that at the first DC show. This guy was talking VERY LOUDLY over the music during one of the songs, and I waited for a break before I uncharacteristically turned to him and said "That is absolutely fascinating, but I'm trying to listen to the show, so if you need to talk please go somewhere else." I don't know if he left or just got quiet, but it did the trick.

Taking video with an iPad? I might throw my drink at your tech. Guess it's a good thing I don't drink anything at shows.

I have the solution. I’ll bring a few with me (when I’m in Chicago) to hand out if such a situation occurs.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181018/880b925b4759ccb2a6216cec456b5f5d.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

loopcloses
10-18-2018, 03:28 PM
While there are definite examples of undeniable douchebag behavior here (moshing during Even Deeper? Huh?) but I do feel that some of us are taking this all a little too seriously. It's VERY rare that I'll straight up get into a mosh pit and run into people, but Nine Inch Nails, by its nature, has always been a band that evokes aggressive catharsis in the same way punk bands used to--we're talking about a show that built its reputation on unhinged performances where the band members threw their own bodies around with reckless abandon--the appeal of this show, for many, is feeding off the emotion and energy of the music and giving it right back, in a way that you simply can't do in any other context. With that in mind, if having dudes' sweaty bodies mashed up against you is something you can't let roll off your back, I have no idea why you'd choose to stand up front in a GA pit, especially at a show with really good seating, where you have a clear view of the stage at all time, better sound more often than not, and your own private 3x3 space where you're free stand up and dance to yourself.

People being aggressive or obnoxious verbally is another matter, but again, it's something that's not going away from concerts ever. Instead of getting pissed off and sulking that your special night is being ruined, you're better served sucking it up and enjoying the show. Nine Inch Nails is an very popular act with a very large fanbase that is always going to include assholes, and it's not going to get any better as 90s nostalgia becomes more "in" and their upswing of relevance in pop culture continues. There's going to be a LOT of people who go to a NIN show to have a good time with their friends seeing the cool edgy goth band that's been around for 30 years more so than any deep connection to the music. It's just something we all have to deal with if we want to go to the shows.

The big exception to this that will make me "gotten to" at a show is people yelling during quiet, usually especially heartfelt performances. That's obnoxious at best (screaming "I love you" or something positive) and otherwise it's straight up heckling and it makes everyone uncomfortable because you know the performer hears it and is likely distracted by it. When I saw Chelsea Wolfe last month, she did "Movie Screen" which was a great surprise, and her minute or so of super emotional acapella vocalizing was frequently interrupted by both people taking this opportunity to loudly have a conversation, and the "woo"ers. I felt awful for her and wondered if this is the sort of thing that gets a song taken off future setlists.

tricil
10-18-2018, 03:31 PM
When I saw them in 1995, it was kinda scary. At 5”4 and 110 pounds, I was standing on the side but when nin came out, suddenly the pit was everywhere. I got swept up and squished. I couldn’t move at all. I was fine of course but as a tiny person who goes to a fair share of GA shows, pits are fucking annoying.

Carrie I never knew that you got to see them in 95! was it with Bowie too?!

sweeterthan
10-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Carrie I never knew that you got to see them in 95! was it with Bowie too?!

John, I’m really old! It was pop will eat itself and Jim rose at the long gone Omni Center.

This show:
http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=331

cdm
10-18-2018, 03:46 PM
While there are definite examples of undeniable douchebag behavior here...

Extremely well put on all accounts.

loopcloses
10-18-2018, 03:50 PM
I don't understand moshing to any of it outside of things like MSD or MotP
I'm with you here--moshing to something like The Hand That Feeds always seems odd to me. MOTP, anything from Broken, the ends of HLAH and Terrible Lie, Survivalism, these all seem organic. But, say, Only? That's obviously a hip-shaking song.

I think that might be part of the issue with these shows--many are fans for the high energy aggression of certain tracks, and some are fans for hooks, grooves, etc. That was a VERY noticeable thing at a QOTSA show in January where the crowd flipped on a dime from good-hearted head bobbing to "If I Had a Tail" and "The Way You Used to Do" to utterly chaotic moshing when "Millionaire" came on, and a lot of people were visibly NOT happy with this development.

Anyway, the real reason I made this post was to ask what the hell is MSD? It's killing me.

mostlymad
10-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Anyway, the real reason I made this post was to ask what the hell is MSD? It's killing me.

Mr. Self Destruct. Took me a minute, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 04:05 PM
I just read this while drinking my coffee and I want to thank you for making me laugh first thing in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed your rant and your genuine disdain for the annoying moshers. I almost spit out my coffee when I read "biggest loser fat". LOL

As I was reading, I realized that I probably look like a "dude bro" - which also made me laugh. I also enjoy moshing at times - but when it's appropriate. However, I can't stand the people you described who show no respect to others and slam into everyone even during songs that don't inspire moshing. Despite my possible "dude bro" appearance, I'm usually the guy defending others and protecting people in an area from the idiots.

BTW that gigantic security dude managed to get his enormous head into almost every on of my pics!

Despite the BS, I did have a great time at the show and I'm still on a bit of a high from it. Have a good one!

Even if you think you look like a "dude bro" your behavior suggests you weren't one of them or even a problematic person. The fact you were defending other people is admirable. I was trying to do the same, but I need to get on that Trent Reznor work out plan first.

And moshing can be fun, no doubt about that. There usually tends to be circles for that and anyone can jump in but don't push random people you don't know, especially girls. Jeeze hitting a fucking girl? Give me a fucking break with some of these people. (that anger is directed towards them not you)

AND YES THAT SECURITY GUY'S HEAD IS IN ALL MY PICTURES TOO. I was going to ask him to move but didn't get close enough to ask.

Except, that was 1994. That was during an entirely whole different time period of aggression. Trent, the band, the music and the fans have all evolved & grown since then.

I don't know, I feel like if I didn't want to inadvertently be involved in a mosh pit, GA at a NIN show would be one of the last places I'd want to be. That kind of thing just comes with the territory and you should only be mad at yourself if you get bumped into. Buy a seat next time.

Except I"ve seen than a countless amount of times in a pit and never had this bad of an issue. I had some problems at Tension 2013 with morons try to push shove to the front and mosh but a lot of people weren't having it as people wanted to experience the visuals too so that kind of died down afterward. I got moved from my original spot which sucked but I had a fucking blast. One of my favorite shows of all time. Honestly every time I had been in GA I had a freaken blast. I don't do seats, I go to have a good time, not join a fight club.

Recording with an iPad is just excessive

Forget excessive, the camera is absolute shit on it compared to an iphone or smart phone in general.

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 04:19 PM
I was fucking livid when the NIN/SG tour did not have a GA pit. Though, with how Cold and Black and Infinite was set up with the in person sales, knowing i can get a chance at front row tickets by just showing up early as shit, i would be open for that again. That being said, I don't mind being shoved around. I'm all about being in the pit. I mosh more so to bands I don't care as much about at shows, so i don't really mosh to NIN. Also, there is a fine line between having a good time and being a dick though. There was a guy at River City Rockfest just screaming belligerently during all the songs he knew the words to. Drove me fucking crazy.

Yeah I don't have a problem with being shoved a little a bit if someone's dancing and jumping up around, fair enough. But people were flat out dicks, especially when people called them out on their shit and tried to fight them. Like the fuck? can't we have fun and be nice?

I’ll admit, one of the best parts of going to Red Rocks, for me, is the fact that there is no pit. There’s no room for people to push around or be too rowdy, and it gives you a chance to focus more on the show and the view. You may have cases where the people near you aren’t familiar with maintaining personal space, but aside from that I don’t think I’ve had an issue with standing with anyone any of the times I’ve been there. However, when I get to the Aragon, it’s safe to assume that getting a spot near the front will mean close quarters and pushing are part of the territory, and hope for the best. But then again, I’m a 6-foot, 160-ish pound dude, so I suppose it’s not hard for me to hold my own. Even that doesn’t make a difference when it comes to people who want to yell or spill drinks or piss on the floor and use their elbows like cattle prods for humans.

Edit: I don’t mind being in the pit, at all. But not all the time, and not in certain crowds. I was in the pits for Deftones in 2011 and I’ve never been more beat up in my life. No bleeding, but the bathroom was fuuuuull of bloody paper towels and people cleaning themselves up. That show was so intense. Gotta know your crowd and do the best you can. Hopefully the people around you are decent!

But isn't there an issue with Red Rocks, if you get seats far away it'll be a bad view? I'm just speaking on my experience with amphitheaters like PNC Arts Center (I hated watching NIN there, even with decent seats it still seemed far away.

Regarding all the shitty dude bros and Mosh Bastards, I don't like to think of them as the typical NIN fanbase. I look at every person who's just watching the show, singing along, or just fucking feeling it as the real Nine Inch Nails fan. Those others are just looking to mosh, whether it's to HLAH, Even Deeper or fucking Hurt. They're there to slam into people while listening to loud noise, not Nine Inch Nails. These flapsnots mosh to car horns.

You're absolutely right, every single person that I talked to who either went multiple nights or just loved the band in general talked about how they didn't want to mosh or push. They want to have fun. Some guys said to me they might go a little crazy but they won't be violent. Absolutely fair, go fucking crazy. have a blast, you're being nice, and even though you might rub into me, I know you're not doing it with malicious intent.

It seems like most of the fucking pricks were also people who didn't know shit about the music. When Lovers and The Background World played, some people stood there. Oh now you want to calm down? This shit is amazing.

I was hoping with the price of the tickets would subdue all these morons because who would want to spend nearly $300 just to be an asshole to bunch of people and push each other around. Boy was I fucking wrong.

I feel so much better getting that off my fat chest.

I support you, Steve. I'm 6'8 and 300 lbs. If I do GA, I just try and stay out of everyone's way to watch the show. It's tough.

Ok, let me clarify something, I have nothing against people's weights. I use to be fat myself and there is nothing wrong with that.

Now the issue is, if you're 600 pounds and tackling people who are smaller than you, you need to chill the fuck out. I couldn't breathe for a little bit and then during march of the pigs, GIANT LARGE MAN FROM A MILE AWAY (I saw him earlier in the show wearing a Stanley Kubrick production shirt) FUCKING RAMS INTO ME. Holy shit, dude, do you not see your size? you're going to hurt someone. I'm not a freaken lineman for the Dallas Cowboys where I can hold you back.

And Paul, it seems like you weren't even a part of the crowd i was talking about. You just doing your thing and enjoying the show and being courteous is how we should treat each other.

You shouldn't let that deter you from going to a show. A lot of the shows are seated too.

I'm with you here--moshing to something like The Hand That Feeds always seems odd to me. MOTP, anything from Broken, the ends of HLAH and Terrible Lie, Survivalism, these all seem organic. But, say, Only? That's obviously a hip-shaking song.

I think that might be part of the issue with these shows--many are fans for the high energy aggression of certain tracks, and some are fans for hooks, grooves, etc. That was a VERY noticeable thing at a QOTSA show in January where the crowd flipped on a dime from good-hearted head bobbing to "If I Had a Tail" and "The Way You Used to Do" to utterly chaotic moshing when "Millionaire" came on, and a lot of people were visibly NOT happy with this development.

I've seen Queens twice, and some how I have never had a moshing issue. First night was a blizzard so pit was sort of open, but MSG was fun as hell. Lot of people dancing. Knock on wood of course.

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 04:32 PM
I want to mention one thing about all the shit behavior.

Going crazy and having a good time is alright with me. EVERYONE DESERVES TO HAVE FUN! BUT YOU'RE FUN SHOULD NOT DIMINISH SOMEONE ELSE'S FUN. We are all NIN fans here to witness easily one of the greatest bands of all time, for some OUR FAVORITE band but let's respect and love each other at the same time. We've all gone through the shit and the music holds a meaningful place in our hearts. It resonates with our pain and our happiness and we all are here to see NIN and enjoy. I met so many terrific people and we talked about how awesome NIN is and how much the music appeals to us and have fun.

Someone before mentioned that people are upset about having sweaty dudes rubbing against them, that is not the issue. I had a guy rubbing up against me Brooklyn Night 1 and he said sorry when he touched my head, I told him no worries, it's a show let's have fun. I just thought someone threw something at my head that's why I looked back. When Perfect Drug came on, we both went ape shit and we talked about how awesome it was. Even myself, I was singing along to the songs, dancing and jumping up and down. If ended up hitting someone I would tell them sorry or if I blocked someone's view, I'm about in between 5'10, 5'11 so I always apologize if I'm blocking their view or let a short person get in front of me so they can see.

It's courteous. If someone fucking is hitting me in the head or ramming their body into me, I'm going to have to say something. I was like Jon Snow in the battle of the bastards I'm not a fucking football lineman, I would have joined the NFL and done that shit. I also don't like to go to concerts and fight people. I hate confrontation but if you're going to defend your right to be an asshole, then you need to be punched in the face. Hell I saw a user (won't name them) from here too that was part of the issue. That really irritated me because I thought you're from a NIN forum come on now.

There was a girl who was getting hit and she even said stop, I have a bad arm and people wouldn't listen. I saw dudes abusing women, what kind of low life douchebag are you to hit a girl? I personally have bad shins, and i stood at the front near the barrier and yet I had to deal with this nonsense. If I got hit in the shin, it would be very disastrous.

And then there's the drunk idiots who felt like they had to have a conversation or yell at Trent like he's some fucking monkey. A lot of us payed a shit load of money for this and waited months for it.

Want to be an asshole? Like a girl at the crowd mentioned, Bon Jovi is playing tomorrow, go to that fucking show. Be polite, courteous, respectful and love each other.

To sum it up, this was me during Broken
https://amp.thisisinsider.com/images/57bb458804732f1d008b50e5-1536-768.jpg

Any way, LA crowd, I sincerely hope you guys don't have to deal with what us NYC people had to deal with it, and from the looks of it, some other cities too. I really hope you guys have a good time and look out for your fellow NIN fans!

Enjoy.

paul_guyet
10-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Yeah I don't have a problem with being shoved a little a bit if someone's dancing and jumping up around, fair enough. But people were flat out dicks, especially when people called them out on their shit and tried to fight them. Like the fuck? can't we have fun and be nice?

But isn't there an issue with Red Rocks, if you get seats far away it'll be a bad view? I'm just speaking on my experience with amphitheaters like PNC Arts Center (I hated watching NIN there, even with decent seats it still seemed far away.

You're absolutely right, every single person that I talked to who either went multiple nights or just loved the band in general talked about how they didn't want to mosh or push. They want to have fun. Some guys said to me they might go a little crazy but they won't be violent. Absolutely fair, go fucking crazy. have a blast, you're being nice, and even though you might rub into me, I know you're not doing it with malicious intent.

It seems like most of the fucking pricks were also people who didn't know shit about the music. When Lovers and The Background World played, some people stood there. Oh now you want to calm down? This shit is amazing.

I was hoping with the price of the tickets would subdue all these morons because who would want to spend nearly $300 just to be an asshole to bunch of people and push each other around. Boy was I fucking wrong.

Ok, let me clarify something, I have nothing against people's weights. I use to be fat myself and there is nothing wrong with that.

Now the issue is, if you're 600 pounds and tackling people who are smaller than you, you need to chill the fuck out. I couldn't breathe for a little bit and then during march of the pigs, GIANT LARGE MAN FROM A MILE AWAY (I saw him earlier in the show wearing a Stanley Kubrick production shirt) FUCKING RAMS INTO ME. Holy shit, dude, do you not see your size? you're going to hurt someone. I'm not a freaken lineman for the Dallas Cowboys where I can hold you back.

And Paul, it seems like you weren't even a part of the crowd i was talking about. You just doing your thing and enjoying the show and being courteous is how we should treat each other.

You shouldn't let that deter you from going to a show. A lot of the shows are seated too.No offense taken over here. I was just pointing out that it's hard to be in a good place for a show and not negatively affect other people. As for the first three NYC shows, I was in seats, but for Kings night 2 I had pit tickets and did my best to stand near the back without actually blocking the view of the people in the seats right behind me. It's a thin line.

As for the price deterring the douchebags...I don't know. I'm always puzzled at the people bellowing like wounded bulls during any silences. I did enjoy the looks of shock and horror on some of their faces when Trent slowed things down and played more mellow/experimental stuff. Although there was a guy in the pit who, during HMIAIH was SCREAMING "come on trent boy! give me something! come on trent boooooooy!" it was actually pretty unsettling. Like...rapey. He then tried to provoke me into a fight during Gave Up but I ignored him and he wandered off.

People. Can't live with them, can't hire snipers to follow you around and shoot them in the stomach when they bother you.

FULLMETAL
10-18-2018, 06:45 PM
John, I’m really old! It was pop will eat itself and Jim rose at the long gone Omni Center.

This show:
http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=331

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181018/ebbb0e8394db8334547ed25cf85f82f2.jpg

The one show I had to leave early because the girl I was dating was grossed out by JRC. Sigh. Young love.

Kyle
10-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Lol at the first Anthem show I was actually thankful for one of the douchey moshers. I was a decent distance from the stage but not as close as I wanted to be. But I was standing behind someone who was completely motionless. If that's the way he enjoys it, that's fine by me but it was definitely a damper on my enthusiasm (and to clarify, I mean completely 100% motionless, not even a head bob or even singing along). I was trying to figure out how to get past him without being a douche and I finally did. Then I just wanted to get closer, but again - without being a douche. Then during Burn, a push mosher came up right behind me and just started pushing me forward and in a matter of seconds I was right in front where I wanted to be and I did it without being a dick - I was being pushed and had no choice.

So if that guy is reading this, thank you.

Kyle
10-18-2018, 07:20 PM

My first NIN show was in 1994 and I hadn't been to many shows but I was young and full of energy and in the pit at the start of the show. Then MotP started and I had to back off and gather myself lol

nooneimportant
10-18-2018, 09:26 PM
I know Trent use to encourage rowdy crowds back in the 90's. He would tell the crowd they sucked if they weren't moshing and stage diving all over the place. There's a moment on a 1994 show where he says "If anyone feels like hurting themselves, you should do it now" before launching into Big Man with a Gun.

Helpmeiaminhell
10-18-2018, 11:19 PM
You can tell the hardcore fans from the casual fan just by reactions in the audience for certain songs. First few notes of songs like 'Perfect Drug' or 'Mr Self Destruct' or 'Somewhat Damaged' and the hardcore fans are the ones going apeshit while the casual fan stands around with a confused look on their faces.

nooneimportant
10-18-2018, 11:45 PM
You can tell the hardcore fans from the casual fan just by reactions in the audience for certain songs. First few notes of songs like 'Perfect Drug' or 'Mr Self Destruct' or 'Somewhat Damaged' and the hardcore fans are the ones going apeshit while the casual fan stands around with a confused look on their faces.

Real hardcore fans know the live opening to Down In It. Every time I hear a live version of that song, the crowd doesn't really react until Trent comes in with the lyrics.

If I were at a show and I heard those opening notes, I would absolutely lose my shit.

streetman
10-19-2018, 12:40 AM
I want to mention one thing about all the shit behavior.

Going crazy and having a good time is alright with me. EVERYONE DESERVES TO HAVE FUN! BUT YOU'RE FUN SHOULD NOT DIMINISH SOMEONE ELSE'S FUN. We are all NIN fans here to witness easily one of the greatest bands of all time, for some OUR FAVORITE band but let's respect and love each other at the same time. We've all gone through the shit and the music holds a meaningful place in our hearts. It resonates with our pain and our happiness and we all are here to see NIN and enjoy. I met so many terrific people and we talked about how awesome NIN is and how much the music appeals to us and have fun.

Someone before mentioned that people are upset about having sweaty dudes rubbing against them, that is not the issue. I had a guy rubbing up against me Brooklyn Night 1 and he said sorry when he touched my head, I told him no worries, it's a show let's have fun. I just thought someone threw something at my head that's why I looked back. When Perfect Drug came on, we both went ape shit and we talked about how awesome it was. Even myself, I was singing along to the songs, dancing and jumping up and down. If ended up hitting someone I would tell them sorry or if I blocked someone's view, I'm about in between 5'10, 5'11 so I always apologize if I'm blocking their view or let a short person get in front of me so they can see.

It's courteous. If someone fucking is hitting me in the head or ramming their body into me, I'm going to have to say something. I was like Jon Snow in the battle of the bastards I'm not a fucking football lineman, I would have joined the NFL and done that shit. I also don't like to go to concerts and fight people. I hate confrontation but if you're going to defend your right to be an asshole, then you need to be punched in the face. Hell I saw a user (won't name them) from here too that was part of the issue. That really irritated me because I thought you're from a NIN forum come on now.

There was a girl who was getting hit and she even said stop, I have a bad arm and people wouldn't listen. I saw dudes abusing women, what kind of low life douchebag are you to hit a girl? I personally have bad shins, and i stood at the front near the barrier and yet I had to deal with this nonsense. If I got hit in the shin, it would be very disastrous.

And then there's the drunk idiots who felt like they had to have a conversation or yell at Trent like he's some fucking monkey. A lot of us payed a shit load of money for this and waited months for it.

Want to be an asshole? Like a girl at the crowd mentioned, Bon Jovi is playing tomorrow, go to that fucking show. Be polite, courteous, respectful and love each other.

To sum it up, this was me during Broken
https://amp.thisisinsider.com/images/57bb458804732f1d008b50e5-1536-768.jpg

Any way, LA crowd, I sincerely hope you guys don't have to deal with what us NYC people had to deal with it, and from the looks of it, some other cities too. I really hope you guys have a good time and look out for your fellow NIN fans!

Enjoy.

This is why I was really hoping my venue was seated with no pit. I want to watch the band in action - not engage in fucking royal rumble lol

icklekitty
10-19-2018, 04:26 AM
I’ll admit, one of the best parts of going to Red Rocks, for me, is the fact that there is no pit...(more stuff about the pit)

You shouldn't let that deter you from going to a show. A lot of the shows are seated too.

I'm not sure you've read Max's post - he doesn't even use the word "pit" once, so I don't know why you think that's the issue. Conversely I'm 4ft 10 and I've been on the barrier multiple times and enjoyed split lips and bruises with glee (and I'd rather have some heavenly_bearded padding behind me than pointy elbows in my head)

Here's what Max said:

Here was my response:

botley
10-19-2018, 05:21 AM
It pains me to say this, but almost all of North America is built that way. Relatively affluent (and pale) people are in a position to afford the ticket/travel costs to see shows like this, but most people cannot, and the audience isn't going to be reflective of who is actually out there and perhaps listening to the music.

TheBang
10-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Here's Ilan's live stream IG Story from Brooklyn 2:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f0t05oed55v9tmr/brooklyn_2.1.mp4/file

imail724
10-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Real hardcore fans know the live opening to Down In It. Every time I hear a live version of that song, the crowd doesn't really react until Trent comes in with the lyrics.

If I were at a show and I heard those opening notes, I would absolutely lose my shit.The worst part about them playing shows with seats are all the casual fans who will stand for Closer, and HLAH, and whatnot, but sit for everything else. Either stand for the whole show or don't stand at all. I find that so disrespectful to the artist.

Max
10-19-2018, 06:55 AM
Good to know someone else feels the same.

I was just listening to Add Violence yesterday and I was just super into it, feeling like I was understanding it so much better than I did a year ago. And I realized that as great as NIN is at live performances, I’m always going to be more in love with the work they do in the studio. The Beatles released their last records without touring at all.

Sometimes I find myself wishing Trent would do a tour with Childish Gambino or LCD Soundsystem or someone else from another genre and really challenge his audience more. Break up the usual crowd. Maybe even let the other band headline.

I’m sure that’s blasphemy to some but that’s what it’s going to take to get me to take off my headphones and show up to another concert again.

slammy79
10-19-2018, 07:34 AM
Good to know someone else feels the same.

I was just listening to Add Violence yesterday and I was just super into it, feeling like I was understanding it so much better than I did a year ago. And I realized that as great as NIN is at live performances, I’m always going to be more in love with the work they do in the studio. The Beatles released their last records without touring at all.

Sometimes I find myself wishing Trent would do a tour with Childish Gambino or LCD Soundsystem or someone else from another genre and really challenge his audience more. Break up the usual crowd. Maybe even let the other band headline.

I’m sure that’s blasphemy to some but that’s what it’s going to take to get me to take off my headphones and show up to another concert again.

I'd be 100% in favor of a NIN/Childish Gambino tour.

ricardo
10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Regarding the latest posts on diveristy, etc...

Maybe most african-american people just don't like NIN that much, lol. I always think it's funny how white people want to speak on behalf of minorities. Certainly an ego thing. Maybe the minorities just don't care about that kind of music. Maybe Trent can't do anything about it. I know this is a very touchy subject in here but I hope you get what I'm saying. Feel free to facepalm if you felt insulted though.

ryanmcfly
10-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Maybe even let the other band headline.

Yeah. No. The crowd at the Austin NINJA tourstop i went to was absolutely the worst crowd I've ever seen. Trent even agreed as he tweeted and posted on ninforums about how emotionless they were. Seeing someone perform after NIN just doesn't feel right.

Max
10-19-2018, 10:33 AM
First of all, my post wasn’t just about diversity, but more about how I felt like an alien in general at the concert. But i’ll go ahead and respond to that because I think it’s important.

Nobody is speaking “on behalf of minorities.” I wouldn’t dare to do that, it’s not my place. But as a white guy it actually is very appropriate and useful for me to say, “wow, everyone here looks alike. Why?” Diversity isn’t about someone begging to be let in, it’s also about feeling invited. That’s just being a good ally to people of color.

I should add that I am highly conscious of this because my wife is not white and she felt extremely uncomfortable at the show, especially in the times we are living in where people want to imprison and deport people of color, being at a concert with a sea of aggressive white dudes and her feeling like she is really sticking out.

It doesn’t mean anyone is doing something wrong being there. No one needs to feel guilt or feel defensive. Trent is singling from his life experience as a white guy and white guys are more naturally going to be drawn to that. BUT there may be more that we can all do to make all kinds of people more interested in NIN. Not only black people, but Asian, LatinX, younger people, people who are normally more into other genres. I think NIN is so good, their music ranges so widely - I mean Hesitation Marks, without the lyrics, is mostly a hip hop album. Listen to Satallite, Running, Came Back Haunted and many other tracks. He used a Maschine to create the beats and rappers use that tool a lot as well.

Nothing wrong with being a white dude who is there to rock his face off, but everything right with having more diversity there in the crowd, in every sense of that word.

I’d love to look around and see young black and Korean college kids there, Latina women, people all dressed up in crazy outfits like they did back in the day at Marilyn Manson concerts, some dudes with silly man buns, maybe some women wearing hijab, I mean basically the diversity I see everyday walking around Atlanta. I’d love to see all that up in a NIN concert. That would really make it feel like home. I know that sounds crazy but I see that at the gym, at work, why not at a concert?

I know it may sound idealistic, but it’s only by envisioning what could be that we can change what is.

bobbie solo
10-19-2018, 10:34 AM
I'd be 100% in favor of a NIN/Childish Gambino tour.

I could very easily see a NIN/Run the Jewels co-headline arena tour in the next few years if they continue to get bigger and bigger as it seems like they might. Considering the relationship Trent & El-P have, it makes sense on alot of levels.

My dream co-headline was NIN/M83, but after M83's last album sucked majorly, they did not progress in venue capacity like I thought they might.

WorzelG
10-19-2018, 10:54 AM
First of all, my post wasn’t just about diversity, but more about how I felt like an alien in general at the concert. But i’ll go ahead and respond to that because I think it’s important.

Nobody is speaking “on behalf of minorities.” I wouldn’t dare to do that, it’s not my place. But as a white guy it actually is very appropriate and useful for me to say, “wow, everyone here looks alike. Why?” Diversity isn’t about someone begging to be let in, it’s also about feeling invited. That’s just being a good ally to people of color.

I should add that I am highly conscious of this because my wife is not white and she felt extremely uncomfortable at the show, especially in the times we are living in where people want to imprison and deport people of color, being at a concert with a sea of aggressive white dudes and her feeling like she is really sticking out.

It doesn’t mean anyone is doing something wrong being there. No one needs to feel guilt or feel defensive. Trent is singling from his life experience as a white guy and white guys are more naturally going to be drawn to that. BUT there may be more that we can all do to make all kinds of people more interested in NIN. Not only black people, but Asian, LatinX, younger people, people who are normally more into other genres. I think NIN is so good, their music ranges so widely - I mean Hesitation Marks, without the lyrics, is mostly a hip hop album. Listen to Satallite, Running, Came Back Haunted and many other tracks. He used a Maschine to create the beats and rappers use that tool a lot as well.

Nothing wrong with being a white dude who is there to rock his face off, but everything right with having more diversity there in the crowd, in every sense of that word.

I’d love to look around and see young black and Korean college kids there, Latina women, people all dressed up in crazy outfits like they did back in the day at Marilyn Manson concerts, some dudes with silly man buns, maybe some women wearing hijab, I mean basically the diversity I see everyday walking around Atlanta. I’d love to see all that up in a NIN concert. That would really make it feel like home. I know that sounds crazy but I see that at the gym, at work, why not at a concert?

I know it may sound idealistic, but it’s only by envisioning what could be that we can change what is.
NIN would have to be far far more HYPE to ever achieve what you want and I just can’t see that ever happening since Trent seems to be constantly in this refusal to engage in any proper marketing mode. Look at all the hip hop acts and the musical ‘features’. Trent has just steadfastly refused to go down that route. What can you do?

joplinpicasso
10-19-2018, 11:55 AM
maybe some women wearing hijab.

"God is dead, and no one cares." Think about the self-selection you're not taking into account.

Anyway, what's slightly confusing is how self-conscious some are seeming to be. Historically, I've actually been fascinated by the 'diversity' at NIN shows compared to other 'rock' shows, and I actually make a point of this when I tell my friends about the fan base. This could be because I've primarily only seen NIN in the NY/NJ area, which is densely populated and diverse to begin with, but at every NYC-area show I see: Hispanic Hot Topic nu-metalers, white denim-clad bearded bros, black dudes with long dreads, puffed-up 'guidos' with beers (always interesting). If you're curious, I'm white/Mediterranean and I went w/ one of my best friends (who is black/Hispanic) to Kings Night 2. He's always dug NIN. NIN's sound is going to self-select for those with an ear for either aggressive tones or seductive grooves/beats, and TR's lyrics appeal to those who feel disaffected and alienated and contemplative about either grounded things like a broken heart/authority or esoteric things like one's place in society/the world. His delivery and topics are like a net, and he catches who he catches. I can understand if the very religious or very conservative are turned off by the lyrics (fun!). Aside from perhaps the clear and present and necessary rejects (Trump himself, neo-Nazis, people who throw full cups of beer, etc.), no one is actively being excluded at or ostracized at NIN shows.

I think it's shallow to 'wish' for 'more diversity' at NIN shows for the sake of it. To what end? To show solidarity and promote more diversity at NIN shows? Sounds self-fulfilling and like fake racial progress.

icklekitty
10-19-2018, 12:52 PM
"God is dead, and no one cares." Think about the self-selection you're not taking into account.

There are plenty of NIN fans of faith. We even have a religion thread on this board.

Although I see a fun side-thread here with NIN lyrics!

joplinpicasso
10-19-2018, 12:59 PM
There are plenty of NIN fans of faith. We even have a religion thread on this board.

Although I see a fun side-thread here with NIN lyrics!

As someone not of any faith, I do think that's pretty cool! I'm just thinking about what might statistically turn people off to the music (the music and lyrics themselves) and self-select for others.

Max
10-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah I actually believe in God. Trent has been in a lot of places on this. From Terrible Lie to Heresy to Find My Way to Ahead of Ourselves to God Break Down the Door.

Sure, hearing some songs might turn some people off. That’s true. But not everyone.

As to the other post about diversity for its own sake, I guess I’m not sure what bad about that. I think diversity makes us all better. I think we lose something when we stick with our tribe.

zaps30
10-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Slightly on topic as far as feeling awkward / sticking out in the crowd...I never felt more out of place than 2004 at a Skinny Puppy show in Boston in July. I went to see Tweaker open, left after their set, and then hopped on the T (Boston) to go see Mellowdrone in Cambridge. I swear everyone except me was dressed in the typical goth garb and then there was me in a polo shirt, cargo shorts, and a baseball caps. People must have thought I was a narc or something. I always say if there was an overhead pic of the crowd, finding me would be a "Where's Waldo" for beginners. I felt very out of place lol.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
10-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Might be reposting but didn't see it while skimming the last 10 pages // badass full set sound and picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mpWGx_z74

bobbie solo
10-19-2018, 03:48 PM
The crowd around me at the Kings Theatre shows was diverse in every way...age, gender and ethnicity. Was really nice to see, but I've def. seen it before at NIN shows.

zecho
10-19-2018, 06:03 PM

The last NIN show I went to was actually like that. I don't know what the culture is like in Atlanta as I've never been there, but I'm in Austin, and just about every show I've ever been to was incredibly diverse. Well, except for a Tool show around 2010. It was an almost entirely latino audience. That was unexpected, but not unwelcome.

Max
10-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Good to hear about other cities. Maybe it’s just ATL?

Esperanzan
10-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Set is an exact copy of Red Rocks night 2 so far, with The Good Soldier subbed in for The Background World.

Hoping that means something special will be pulled out for the encore.

tricil
10-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Set is an exact copy of Red Rocks night 2 so far, with The Good Soldier subbed in for The Background World.

Hoping that means something special will be pulled out for the encore.

Whats crazy is that show was exactly one month ago.

implanted_microchip
10-20-2018, 10:47 AM
It’s a real shame that She’s Gone Away got abandoned after that one performance last year. Especially with all the response it got on Twin Peaks I expected that to become a regular NTAE track live and I think it’d segue wonderfully into or out of Reptile.

Deacon Blackfire
10-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Agreed. With it being written for Twin Peaks, a show that has clearly been a major influence on Trent, and used in what was hailed as one of the best ever episodes of a television show, I too figured that he would be eager to bust it out at least semi-regularly. Like myself and others have speculated before, it's probably like when they first played Heresy on Self-Destruct and abandoned it soon after - they felt something about how it translated live wasn't working. I hope they try it again sometime!

paul_guyet
10-20-2018, 02:41 PM
ANyone else think one of the fucking SIX LA shows is going to just be Broken then TDS, no breaks?

Sarah K
10-20-2018, 03:24 PM
I don't think they'd do Broken AND TDS in a show. But I definitely think that a TDS show is possible - especially on that last LA night.

Deacon Blackfire
10-20-2018, 03:29 PM
They definitely seem to be working toward something with all the Downward Spiral tracks that have surfaced on this tour. All they need to learn at this point are Heresy, Ruiner, Big Man With A Gun, and the title track.

Halo Infinity
10-20-2018, 03:41 PM
I seriously didn't even think that was possible, considering how Mr Self Destruct and Somewhat Damaged came from The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. But yes, I've sometimes noticed that as well, as I also checked to see the reactions among fans whenever I attended a NIN show or just watched videos of NIN concerts, but more with non-album songs, or songs from Still or anything beyond With Teeth.

Swykk
10-20-2018, 04:05 PM
It was so funny to watch all the Soundgarden fans’ reactions to The Great Destroyer a few years back.

Freakasaurus
10-20-2018, 06:02 PM
It was so funny to watch all the Soundgarden fans’ reactions to The Great Destroyer a few years back.

I'm a huge Soundgarden fan. My three favorite groups are probably NIN, Tool, and Soundgarden. I couldn't believe it when that tour was announced. I had a great time at the show, as did my friends who also liked both groups a lot. I'm sure some of the Soundgarden fans were not so into that tune, but many of us loved all of it.

Swykk
10-20-2018, 06:11 PM
It wasn’t even that they hated it (I’m sure some did) but they weren’t prepared for the glitch noise destruction at the end. I saw quite a few “What the fuck is happening right now” faces.

Helpmeiaminhell
10-20-2018, 06:13 PM
I seriously didn't even think that was possible, considering how Mr Self Destruct and Somewhat Damaged came from The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. But yes, I've sometimes noticed that as well, as I also checked to see the reactions among fans whenever I attended a NIN show or just watched videos of NIN concerts, but more with non-album songs, or songs from Still or anything beyond With Teeth.

A lot of the casual fans for TDS seem to only know 'Hurt' "MOTP" and "Closer".....And Fragile weeded a lot of the casual fans out so my guess is most of those "fans" don't recognize anything from Fragile outside of 'Starfuckers'......This tour seems to be catered to the hardcore fans with the exception of THTF still being played. I guess he has to make some concessions to the casual fans

slammy79
10-20-2018, 07:57 PM
I’m like 80% sure the little kiddo on stage helping the guitar tech is Lazarus Reznor. He’s adorable and looks so much like his dad.

m0reta
10-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Nevermind. Sure it was a mistake.

sweeterthan
10-21-2018, 04:13 AM
I like that year zero got some love last night. Where’s the recording of Me, I’m not?

nooneimportant
10-21-2018, 04:45 AM
I've been wondering if it really is cornstarch on Trent and Atticus' clothing during some recent shows or if it's just a cool design thing going on. Looks like it really is cornstarch which is cool to see since it's been years since they went with that. Not as heavy as it used to be though which is why I was wondering.

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com %2F2018%2F09%2Fgettyimages-1015367706.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&w=1000&c=sc&poi=face&q=70

otnavuskire
10-21-2018, 07:46 AM
It’s corn starch. It wears off over the course of the show.

loopcloses
10-21-2018, 02:41 PM
I could very easily see a NIN/Run the Jewels co-headline arena tour in the next few years if they continue to get bigger and bigger as it seems like they might. Considering the relationship Trent & El-P have, it makes sense on alot of levels.

My dream co-headline was NIN/M83, but after M83's last album sucked majorly, they did not progress in venue capacity like I thought they might.

I had no clue how much I wanted an RTJ/NIN tour until now. That's exactly the market I think NIN would be best served tapping into. "Music smart people fuck to"

And to tip this from "realistic thing I hope will happen" to full-on fanboy speculation, imagine if El-P joined NIN during the main set for a "Flyentology" cover kinda like those Saul Williams covers back in the day.

Max
10-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Never listened to RTJ until you guys mentioned them. Hopped it On Apple Music just now and I can see what you are talking about and I wonder how I missed them. Looking forward to digging into their catalog.

WorzelG
10-22-2018, 12:43 AM
Did you all see this selfie by Killer Mike of Run the Jewels last year?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BahceHwjkoE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fu30l1qrof86

Max
10-22-2018, 06:28 AM
Okay, this HAS to happen. It would be awesome. It would open up both fan bases to new worlds. I love it. Listening to Kil Your Masters right now. These guys are deep.

ryanmcfly
10-22-2018, 11:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frMcQmyzUZM

Ahead of Ourselves pro shot. New date in Mexico city on 11/19.

FULLMETAL
10-22-2018, 11:15 AM
This sounds like a fun show (but I'm guessing Ilan's gonna sleep hard afters).
https://i.imgur.com/IlU8J02l.jpg

henryeatscereal
10-22-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm SO going to that one!

FULLMETAL
10-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Anyone else find it weird that the 2 Las Vegas dates didn't make it to the e-mail announcement?

https://i.imgur.com/OGcDYDx.jpg

bobbie solo
10-22-2018, 01:59 PM
It’s a real shame that She’s Gone Away got abandoned after that one performance last year. Especially with all the response it got on Twin Peaks I expected that to become a regular NTAE track live and I think it’d segue wonderfully into or out of Reptile.

::ahem:: shameless self promotion ::ahem::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIxlI3I7q9Y

mauro995
10-22-2018, 02:39 PM

Ahead of Ourselves pro shot. New date in Mexico city on 11/19.

This video uses footage from different shows. Do you think a live release a la AATCHB (patchwork) but using the onstage camera work might be on the works?

...and then it will never be released, of course.

FULLMETAL
10-22-2018, 02:54 PM
^I'm pretty sure the footage is from one show (especially given the familiar faces on the rail) but I could be mistaken. What makes you think it's from different shows?

mauro995
10-22-2018, 02:58 PM
^I'm pretty sure the footage is from one show (especially given the familiar faces on the rail) but I could be mistaken. What makes you think it's from different shows?
At the second 24 you can see the Mad Cool festival ferris wheel and right after, at the second 30, you can see that the footage comes from a theatre of the US leg. Also around 2:05 the footage seems to come from some festival stage in a tent.
The editing work in this video is amazing.

ryanmcfly
10-22-2018, 03:41 PM
At the second 24 you can see the Mad Cool festival ferris wheel and right after, at the second 30, you can see that the footage comes from a theatre of the US leg. Also around 2:05 the footage seems to come from some festival stage in a tent.
The editing work in this video is amazing.

I was wondering what show it was from, but i just compared it to the Mad Cool Fest, and that is quite impressive how they did that. Hopefully more songs will come out like that.

Dryalex12
10-22-2018, 10:53 PM
Lol the setlist was never updated for 2 hour....i kept joking about it in the NIN fan discord

halo eighteen
10-23-2018, 12:43 AM
This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.

I can confirm there was mega amount of green tonight in Detroit. Maybe Trent read your comment lmao.

implanted_microchip
10-23-2018, 08:53 AM
I can confirm there was mega amount of green tonight in Detroit. Maybe Trent read your comment lmao.
Well as long as I’m influencing things then I’ll just say I hope they bring Dead Souls back in Chicago. Playing it only once this tour is not enough.

Haysey_Draws
10-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Anyone else think Trent, Atticus and the rest of the band are having a blast on this tour? There's a different aura about them this time around, and hopefully they finish it with them wanting to do more in the future rather then burning out like with all the previous tours.

somewhat_
10-23-2018, 10:05 AM
Lots of good banter from TR last night:

To someone near front (probably not exact quote) - “Devo shirt, fuck yeah. One of my favorites”

Someone distracted him and ended up giving TR a blown up fragile era photo of TR.
Edit: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181024/d526f50098761655ff73c5320d5891e4.jpg

After playing TPD - A speech about people asking him why they never played the perfect drug. He mentioned being in a dark place when he recorded it but now it’s kinda fun to play (or something like that) and plus he now has a band that can play it.

GavinCollins420
10-23-2018, 10:39 AM

Ahead of Ourselves pro shot. New date in Mexico city on 11/19.The way this is filmed reminds me of a horror movie. Dude even runs the fuck away at the end, as if the song is trying to murder him.

Also, that's some of the blackest black and white I've ever seen.

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited project.)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-23-2018, 11:19 AM
The way this is filmed reminds me of a horror movie. Dude even runs the fuck away at the end, as if the song is trying to murder him.

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited projected.)

The ending is so fitting. That song isn’t a friendly one, and SHOULD conjure a measure of primal fear, as any (knuckle-dragging) animal would feel when it realizes it’s in danger.

The lighting may look minimal, but if the goal is to have the perfect amount of lighting in any given frame for the video to look like THIS, then the “scaling back” is totally worth it. The brief moments of near-total blackness between the flashes are really effective, too, reminiscent of running panicked through dimly-lit woods or a cave. Very basic, but effective. Not to mention the moments of all black/all white probably open up a million places where they could edit in transitions to different footage from another show if they wanted to. Hope they keep ‘em coming!

WorzelG
10-23-2018, 11:29 AM
The way this is filmed reminds me of a horror movie. Dude even runs the fuck away at the end, as if the song is trying to murder him.

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited project.)

i agree to an extent but I don’t think i could watch an entire show filmed so frantically, I’d have to watch it in short bursts!

henryeatscereal
10-23-2018, 11:36 AM

https://doctorpopular.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/spinal-tap-none-more-black-nigel-nigel-tufnel-5.png

high def ultra-realism
10-24-2018, 12:29 PM
Something went terribly wrong with the online sale for the Plaza Condesa.
All tickets got bought in a second by StubHub? What am I missing here?

https://image.ibb.co/bskd0q/Screen-Shot-2018-10-24-at-12-21-19-PM.png

sonic_discord
10-24-2018, 01:04 PM
^That's fucked up. Everyone should wait until the week of the show when they've come down to face value price (or below) like many of the US dates did (Chicago tickets have been going for less than face on StubHub) so they get fucked over and lose money.

TheBang
10-24-2018, 03:02 PM
Everyone should wait until the week of the show when they've come down to face value price (or below) like many of the US dates did (Chicago tickets have been going for less than face on StubHub) so they get fucked over and lose money.
That may not happen for this show, as El Plaza Condesa is one of the smallest venues (1900 capacity) they are playing this tour, plus this being the only date in Mexico (outside the festival) means that demand may be high and supply low.

sonic_discord
10-24-2018, 03:14 PM
That may not happen for this show, as El Plaza Condesa is one of the smallest venues (1900 capacity) they are playing this tour, plus this being the only date in Mexico (outside the festival) means that demand may be high and supply low.

Yeah, hence the astronomically high prices in the screenshot above. Since I didn't plan on going to Mexico for a show, I was totally ignorant of the size of the venue and I wasn't even aware that there's only one show there. So yeah, that sucks for those who do/did plan on attending this show.

icklekitty
10-24-2018, 03:21 PM
But you could pay a salary with those prices!

roolfdriht
10-24-2018, 04:35 PM
But you could pay a salary with those prices!

They look a bit more typical if you convert pesos to US dollars - about $175 at the low end.

high def ultra-realism
10-24-2018, 06:08 PM
I wanted so badly to attend to this show :(
Fucking scalpers

AThousandDaysBefore
10-24-2018, 07:10 PM
In every concert the day before the concert ticketmaster magically release tickets, so, for the people who couldn't buy tickets today, maybe you should wait a little more, I also believe they will anounce another date for friday or tuesday

sonic_discord
10-24-2018, 07:43 PM
They look a bit more typical if you convert pesos to US dollars - about $175 at the low end.

It's still over $1,000 per ticket at the high end. That's fucking insanely astronomically high in my book.

TheBang
10-24-2018, 09:50 PM
It's still over $1,000 per ticket at the high end. That's fucking insanely astronomically high in my book.
There are plenty of ticket listings on Stubhub for the US tour asking over $1000, but nobody's going to pay that.

icklekitty
10-25-2018, 07:08 AM

$175 USD is still double the price of the most expensive NIN ticket I bought for Europe this year. Moreover, it doesn't matter how palatable the prices are to non-Mexican people. This show is primarily for Mexican fans whose salaries are around a quarter of mine according to this: https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/cost-of-living-in-mexico

roolfdriht
10-25-2018, 09:23 AM
$175 USD is still double the price of the most expensive NIN ticket I bought for Europe this year. Moreover, it doesn't matter how palatable the prices are to non-Mexican people. This show is primarily for Mexican fans whose salaries are around a quarter of mine according to this: https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/cost-of-living-in-mexico

My response was intended to clarify that the "$" in the screen cap referred to pesos, not US$, as the commentary (which I admittedly took at face value) suggested some may have misinterpreted it. Given that Ticketmaster pricing for the most expensive tickets was MX$1,500 excluding fees (~US$77), seeing scalper listings in the neighborhood of 2.5x that is *absolutely* typical. Whether or not it's *reasonable* for anybody to pay that is a different subject entirely.

henryeatscereal
10-25-2018, 10:39 AM
In facebook a shitshow started about this, needless to say that Scalpers in here are a huge problem and this isn't the only event they have held hostage.

they know there people travelling from USA or other places so they charge even more, Peso is very weak compared to the Dollar

halo eighteen
10-25-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm guessing there's no live set coming in tonight :(

gorast
10-25-2018, 10:41 PM
I think the show started at like 10:40? Setlist.fm is up and man what is going on? STARFUCKERS? When's the last time that one came out???

Also Head Like a Hole 12 songs in? Wonder if that's a sign of something good...

EDIT: On second thought, it looks like there are just songs missing, since the encore started. That'll probably be cleared up by tomorrow.

AThousandDaysBefore
10-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Starfuckers? Holy shit batman

R-Dot-Yung
10-25-2018, 11:00 PM
I'm going to call bullshit on Starfuckers for now...but I'll be happy to be proven wrong for more set variety (not because I like Starfuckers...I don't).

Pbgut
10-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Someone who went to the show told me he also did the four BW vocal tracks and This Isn't The Place which aren't up for some reason. So it was basically RCMH/NYC night one with an awesome bonus of Starfuckers.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-25-2018, 11:02 PM
I'm going to call bullshit on Starfuckers for now...but I'll be happy to be proven wrong for more set variety (not because I like Starfuckers...I don't).

It was real. It was very real.

Kujy
10-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Can also confirm Starfuckers tonight. It was real, and it was spectacular.

idioteque...
10-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Starfuckers? Wow surprised Chicago got a new song and NYC didn’t.

Wonder if Vegas will get any gems

R-Dot-Yung
10-25-2018, 11:55 PM
Can also confirm Starfuckers tonight. It was real, and it was spectacular.

Well fuck...that's wild.

imail724
10-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Starfuckers? Wow surprised Chicago got a new song and NYC didn’t.

Wonder if Vegas will get any gems
NYC got tour debuts of SICNH and IDNWT.

ryanmcfly
10-26-2018, 09:04 AM
NYC got tour debuts of SICNH and IDNWT.

Not to mention that NYC got four shows too.

GavinCollins420
10-26-2018, 09:09 AM
Trent "If I don't play Starfuckers for nine years they'll like it all of a sudden when I do" Reznor.

I hope he applies this theory to Everything, eventually. ;)

AThousandDaysBefore
10-26-2018, 09:13 AM
I saw the video of starfuckers and sounded so fucking good
That's the way this song should be played everytime (I never was fan of the fast version of 2005-2007), and this is why I love Robin Finck, everything sound so much better with him
If Trent is the heart and mind of Nine inch nails, Robin is the fucking soul

GavinCollins420
10-26-2018, 10:31 AM
I saw the video of starfuckers and sounded so fucking good
That's the way this song should be played everytime (I never was fan of the fast version of 2005-2007), and this is why I love Robin Finck, everything sound so much better with him
If Trent is the heart and mind of Nine inch nails, Robin is the fucking soulPlz share this video.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-26-2018, 11:36 AM
Trent made a joke (I believe just before the encore started?) saying "We ran out of songs. so...I'm just gonna improv on sax for 15 minutes" or something, but I think I'd be 1000% cool with that.

fillow
10-26-2018, 12:42 PM
I don't think anyone really had a problem with Starfuckers live before... I think it was TR himself who didn't like it much.
I love all versions of it, but especially Aaron's ending solo during 05-07 era.

sweeterthan
10-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Meh. I can go either way on starfuckers.

xolotl
10-26-2018, 12:57 PM
I mentioned these over in the tour journal thread too, but for a wider audience:

Trent had a fun little aside between songs about driving up to the Aragon in the late 80s to see Ministry, and being "right there" (as he pointed down to some incredibly lucky person in the crowd) getting his ass kicked in the gigantic pit. So awesome.

Also, this is probably OFN, but I love that Robin got a chance to rock the tambourine last night (though I forget in which song), full on banging-it-against-your-chest-while-singing style. Wonder if anyone else in the band is vying for the next tambourine slot.

Awesome show!

Conan The Barbarian
10-26-2018, 01:23 PM
Do you think there will be another one of those fan made compilations of all the songs played on this tour?

AThousandDaysBefore
10-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Plz share this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIOY2QpkK8M

Credits to Arsenic, he shared the video in the tour journal topic

botley
10-26-2018, 03:54 PM
I mentioned these over in the tour journal thread too, but for a wider audience:

Trent had a fun little aside between songs about driving up to the Aragon in the late 80s to see Ministry, and being "right there" (as he pointed down to some incredibly lucky person in the crowd) getting his ass kicked in the gigantic pit. So awesome.

Also, this is probably OFN, but I love that Robin got a chance to rock the tambourine last night (though I forget in which song), full on banging-it-against-your-chest-while-singing style. Wonder if anyone else in the band is vying for the next tambourine slot.

Awesome show!
That's for the finale of "All the Love" IIRC. Alessandro also briefly rocks some tambo during "Only" in the second verse ("well the tiniest little DOT" *shucka shucka shucka*)...

nooneimportant
10-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Setlist.fm says that Sin was played tonight, not sure if it's legit though.

EDIT: Confirmed by @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141)

tricil
10-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Setlist.fm says that Sin was played tonight.
Came here to say this. Any confirmation?

frankie teardrop
10-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Can confirm. Saw on a friend’s video on Instagram. Sounds great!

m0reta
10-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Setlist.fm says that Sin was played tonight, not sure if it's legit though.

EDIT: Confirmed by @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141)Yay! Finally! :-)

Hopefully Deep will show up next or She's Gone Away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nooneimportant
10-26-2018, 10:15 PM
And now Setlist.fm is saying that La Mer was played as the 3rd song and then.... The Wretched?! Huh.

frankie teardrop
10-26-2018, 10:18 PM
And now Setlist.fm is saying that La Mer was played as the 3rd song and then.... The Wretched?! Huh.

THAT can’t be right though.

idioteque...
10-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Holy shit Sin was played? So jealous of you Chi town guys. Never seen that live (yes how I don't know) and don't talk to me about Lights in the Sky & With Teeth. Not in the mood for that.

tricil
10-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Didn’t even do it on Lights in the Sky so you’re off the hook there. ;)

otnavuskire
10-26-2018, 10:50 PM
Someone on Reddit is claiming they played And All That Could Have Been...

tricil
10-26-2018, 10:51 PM
What. And all that could have been.

Pbgut
10-26-2018, 10:53 PM
I have seen a Snapchat vid from someone at the show for AATCHB. Still can't believe it though ... damn. Wish he'd played it in NYC!

Tumnayar
10-26-2018, 10:53 PM
I have seen a Snapchat vid from someone at the show for AATCHB. Still can't believe it though ... damn. Wish he'd played it in NYC!

link mother fucker!

Pbgut
10-26-2018, 10:56 PM
link mother fucker!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393821341587079198/505588578479505408/Snapchat-1842205758.mp4

Dunno if that will work at all and it's only like five seconds. Enjoy (maybe)!

Kujy
10-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Jumping Jehoshaphat is all I can say. Never thought we'd see AATCHB played.

Denim Chicken
10-26-2018, 10:57 PM
And all that could have been!!!! It was everything I imagined and more!! Hell yeah!!!

Ribbitman
10-26-2018, 10:58 PM
what the fuck

ryanmcfly
10-26-2018, 11:01 PM
Fffffffffd

idioteque...
10-26-2018, 11:02 PM
I want to cry, i wanted that song so bad in nyc and wanted to go to chicago for it. Awesome for those who went

Come_Reptile
10-26-2018, 11:07 PM
We really don’t deserve this band, wow.

otnavuskire
10-26-2018, 11:08 PM
AATCHB was the last song that came on on shuffle on my way home from work today. Found myself pondering if they might play it on this tour with how wild the setlists have been. Crazy.

BRoswell
10-26-2018, 11:16 PM
*grimaces madly*

I'm...so...happy for...those fans...in...Chicago!

*breaks down crying*

buzburbank
37 unique songs played in Chicago so far (out of 40 total).

ImTheWiseJanitor
I was there and even I cant believe AATCHB happened. Holy fucking Christ. I audibly gasped and covered my mouth for like 40 seconds straight. Absolutely no way that was actually happening, right?? D:

WROOOONG, MOTHERFUCKER.

otnavuskire
10-26-2018, 11:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upVuVqI75MU

xolotl
10-26-2018, 11:19 PM
Holy living fuck, that is amazing. This tour is just insane. I'm glad that I made my peace with knowing I was gonna miss all kinds of rarities like that, only going to a single show and all, though I admit I'd figured AATCHB was effectively a 0% chance. Super happy for everyone who was at the show tonight!

I'm calling it - next up: Black Bomb (Jerry in the Bag)

magnolia
10-26-2018, 11:21 PM
*grimaces madly*

I'm...so...happy for...those fans...in...Chicago!

*breaks down crying*

This is exactly how I feel. [emoji24]

Pbgut
10-26-2018, 11:22 PM
He's gonna debut 10 Miles High and The New Flesh as a full song before this damn thing is over. Whaaaaat... it sounds so good. (Fun fact, I technically could have gone but wasn't feeling up for a trip to Chicago...)

Hope it's a staple in the future. I guess I don't know if he likes or dislikes it like TPD but I hope to hear it at some point. He sounds great on it.

halo eighteen
10-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Unf… My jealousy at this getting played was kinda making me hope it would suck lol. That's a fucking stellar performance.

BRoswell
10-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Fuck. Just watched that video. The swirling lights as the song exploded into the finale is fantastic. Whodathunk they would make good use of a mirror ball? :p

gorast
10-26-2018, 11:29 PM
God damn this tour is just wild. The Perfect Drug, And All That Could Have Been, Happiness in Slavery...the list could go on and on. It's like he pulls them out of a hat now.

I knew these Chicago shows would deliver.

xolotl
10-26-2018, 11:29 PM
Whodathunk they would make good use of a mirror ball? :p

Seriously, that was used to phenomenal effect there.

EndlessLoveless
10-26-2018, 11:30 PM
Just left. I was pissed when I read that TPD was played the night before. We wouldn't get it. But fuck that shit. Thanks to the nin camp for making night 2 special. Incredible. What a surprise.

R-Dot-Yung
10-26-2018, 11:34 PM
Wow...I'm a fucking jealous New Yorker...I don't even know what to say besides I love Sin and AATCHB

idioteque...
10-26-2018, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upVuVqI75MU

That rendition is so beautiful. I'm panicking that I might never get to see that live and I should just be grateful that I got to see them twice this tour.

Wow...I'm a fucking jealous New Yorker...I don't even know what to say besides I love Sin and AATCHB

Same some of my favorite songs. AATCHB is like a top fiver though. I got Now I'm Nothing though.

Dryalex12
10-26-2018, 11:40 PM
I hate all of you right now

FULLMETAL
10-26-2018, 11:44 PM
Meh. “Where is everybody?” or GTFO.

Seriously, this is a wild tour and I’m glad the guys are having fun mixing it up.

I’m surprised one of the streaming services doesn’t offer to pony up the cash to broadcast the Palladium run of shows as a “virtual residency” special. Sigh. A boy can dream.

m0reta
10-26-2018, 11:46 PM
Oh man! I can't wait to see all the Google alerts once word gets out about AATCHB!

It looks like if anybody wants to catch one of these songs they missed, LA is where it's going to happen for sure. But now you have to attend all 6 nights! :-D

R-Dot-Yung
10-26-2018, 11:47 PM
Oh man! I can't wait to see all the Google alerts once word gets out about AATCHB!

It looks like if anybody wants to catch one of these songs they missed, LA is where it's going to happen for sure. But now you have to attend all 6 nights! :-D

I might fucking do it...

idioteque...
10-26-2018, 11:49 PM

honestly don’t even know how a person can grab a ticket aroundface there now.

LA is definitely getting “We’re in this Together” and some With Teeth returns from 2005. High chance Zero Sum is played and In this twilight returns.

I wonder if Las Vegas is worth a trip too

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-26-2018, 11:52 PM

I might fucking do it...

I, also, might fucking do it now. I was on the fence before, but now...

m0reta
10-26-2018, 11:54 PM
I might fucking do it...

Dooo eeeeeetttt!!!

I am hoping some tickets show up on TM/LN close to the show like it has for others with GA.

Seated has shown tickets (e.g. NOLA) but then you are in a seat.

Esperanzan
10-26-2018, 11:56 PM
I know that this isn't gonna be the final set of live shows, but all these insane live debuts and returns (with absolutely stellar performances) is making me somewhat... teary-eyed?

It's like Trent's looking back on his career thus far, and he's finally satisfied with his legacy. "Damn, we've had one hell of a career."

Swykk
10-27-2018, 12:02 AM
Oh goddammit, I only had a ticket for tomorrow. Will lightning strike twice or did I really miss my favorite NIN song (AATCHB) being played live?

frankie teardrop
10-27-2018, 12:03 AM

on it...
http://www.post-punk.com/nine-inch-nails-debut-and-all-that-could-have-been-live-in-chicago

wow, all the feelings about this. satisfaction and seething jealousy are heading up the pack at the moment.

Deacon Blackfire
10-27-2018, 12:15 AM
Well obviously it's hard not to feel a pang of jealousy at missing out on a truly special track like this. But I've been a lucky NIN fan - on this tour alone I was fortunate enough to see all four New York area shows and they were all amazing, unique experiences - and more than anything I feel pumped and excited for the people who had And All That Could Have Been foisted on them unexpectedly. What a premiere to witness live!

Really, I'm more bitter about the fact that spoiled Los Angeles will get it on one of their six setlists. Fucking LA.

Hopefully that word of mouth about dates being scheduled at Terminal 5 is accurate...

And All That Could Have Been. God damn. This tour is a blessing.

Papagolash
10-27-2018, 12:17 AM
Here's a series of texts that I have sent over the last hour, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will be able to relate.

"ssssssiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Do you know if they did the synth version or bass version?" "AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" "ahhhhhhh" "OMGGGGGGG" "AHHHHHH SIN AHHHHH AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN OMGGGGGGG" "hmiaih to his to aatchb are you fucking kidding me ahhh" "That setlist is KILLER"
<watches the video of AATCHB>
"I am fucking crying, I am in my car a fucking mess" "I AM IN MY CAR CRYING I AM NOT OK RIGHT NOW" "I cried half of my drive home. I just got home and started crying again. I am an emotional wreck"

Papagolash
10-27-2018, 12:19 AM
Greatest use of a motherfucking disco ball ever

TheBang
10-27-2018, 12:30 AM
Trent, your impossible-to-please fans are finally satisfied.

https://i.imgur.com/pPJHePV.jpg

idioteque...
10-27-2018, 12:40 AM
Well obviously it's hard not to feel a pang of jealousy at missing out on a truly special track like this. But I've been a lucky NIN fan - on this tour alone I was fortunate enough to see all four New York area shows and they were all amazing, unique experiences - and more than anything I feel pumped and excited for the people who had And All That Could Have Been foisted on them unexpectedly. What a premiere to witness live!

Really, I'm more bitter about the fact that spoiled Los Angeles will get it on one of their six setlists. Fucking LA.

Hopefully that word of mouth about dates being scheduled at Terminal 5 is accurate...

And All That Could Have Been. God damn. This tour is a blessing.

can you back up a minute, where did you hear about this terminal 5 show?

details details details, I need to know if its legit like Kings.

WorzelG
10-27-2018, 12:47 AM
Well apart from that YouTube lady who was upset she didn’t get Closer!

Damn I’m in a caravan on holiday unable to watch the And All That Coukd Have Been video

Deacon Blackfire
10-27-2018, 12:59 AM
can you back up a minute, where did you hear about this terminal 5 show?

details details details, I need to know if its legit like Kings.

I'm referring to the information that was related here:

So to everyone discussing Trent’s hints last night about “we should do this more often”. And “you might see us soon” comments I have some possibly interesting info. Was outside talking w that awesome security guard w the merkin top hair cut. And he says to me,” hey man. I think they are gonna do more shows here in NYC.” “Really,” says I, “why is that?” “I just let in a bunch of managers and scouts from Terminal 5. They had me take them back stage and were checking out the bamd and their rigging etc. they’d only do that if they are thinking of booking the band.” Me: “you don’t think they just came to see the show and used their Terminal 5 name to get backstage?” He: “nah, man. I know. They was checking them out cause they are thinking of booking.” I come back in and then TR is dropping all kinda sly hints. And he had that shit eating grin on his face as he’d say them. Only time will tell. But if some T5 shows drop I wanna say I told ya so!

It's far from a certainty but after the last Chicago show there isn't another event until November 18th in Mexico - that's a pretty big gap in dates and Terminal 5 definitely has open days with nothing scheduled between now and then (including on Halloween...). Or those dates could come after the LA ones.

Either way I'm going to cling to this hypothetical like the nutcase I am.

idioteque...
10-27-2018, 01:18 AM
I'm referring to the information that was related here:

It's far from a certainty but after the last Chicago show there isn't another event until November 18th in Mexico - that's a pretty big gap in dates and Terminal 5 definitely has open days with nothing scheduled between now and then (including on Halloween...). Or those dates could come after the LA ones.

Either way I'm going to cling to this hypothetical like the nutcase I am.

ah could be a possibility.

I honestly doubt that NYC would happen in that gap. Maybe a city he skipped? Got to keep in mind of all the visa issues that arise from a different country, got to keep a break for that. Also he must be super burnt out, so I rather he take a break as well as the others. This might be the best live line up.

I am not sure how to take a security guard’s comments but they do have drifting teams through out NYC, so maybe they asked him to keep his availability open or what not.

I rather the T5 shows be in 2019 so I can save up. Though I have ptsd about T5 with the tickets selling immediately and the site crashing. Plus it being a human sweatbox.

I was thinking Trent would do Brooklyn Steel instead, I feel thats a bigger venue with a better viewline?

It would be cool to see them come back and maybe do 2 hr sets again.

I seriously think Trent is changing the game, taking a succesful live act to small venues is a risky and unique move. Most big bands settle for big venues because they’ll sell out anyway and thats how a majority of people can get tickets (sometimes not enough cough Radiohead cough)

But Trent is right about sound, those big venues aren’t the best place for sound.

demo
10-27-2018, 01:22 AM
I'm not gonna lie, y'all...i almost cried like a little bitch when i realized it was really was AATCHB that was being played.

I kept it together tho lol

demo
10-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Here's a series of texts that I have sent over the last hour, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will be able to relate.

"ssssssiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Do you know if they did the synth version or bass version?" "AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" "ahhhhhhh" "OMGGGGGGG" "AHHHHHH SIN AHHHHH AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN OMGGGGGGG" "hmiaih to his to aatchb are you fucking kidding me ahhh" "That setlist is KILLER"
<watches the video of AATCHB>
"I am fucking crying, I am in my car a fucking mess" "I AM IN MY CAR CRYING I AM NOT OK RIGHT NOW" "I cried half of my drive home. I just got home and started crying again. I am an emotional wreck"

Uh, very relatable

Emotionally wrecked in the best way ever right meow

demo
10-27-2018, 01:29 AM
It was The Frail
100% sure.

sonic_discord
10-27-2018, 01:58 AM
I can't wait for tomorrow. I was pissed off that I missed The Perfect Drug, All The Love In The World and Starfuckers but tonight made up for all that and more.
We really need a blu-ray document of this tour. This time, if that doesn't happen, I'm going to raid the vault.

I too am pissed that I missed The Perfect Drug (and all the Bad Witch songs) on Thursday. BUT it's hard to be upset when I did get to see Burn, The Becoming, Help Me I Am in Hell/Happiness in Slavery, and the live debut of AATCHB! I just pray they play TPD again on Saturday...

poro765
10-27-2018, 02:01 AM
I too am pissed that I missed The Perfect Drug (and all the Bad Witch songs) on Thursday. BUT it's hard to be upset when I did get to see Burn, The Becoming, Help Me I Am in Hell/Happiness in Slavery, and the live debut of AATCHB! I just pray they play TPD again on Saturday...
Me too. Although I think there's a good chance we'll get TPD tomorrow. Only thing I'm going to miss is Over And Out/All The Love In The World, but I think I can live with it.
If they do play TPD tomorrow, I don't think I'll ever want to go see a live show again because it'd be impossible to top this one.

Papagolash
10-27-2018, 02:08 AM
So was Sin the proper synth version or synth replaced by bass guitar version?

Pyract
10-27-2018, 02:17 AM
So was Sin the proper synth version or synth replaced by bass guitar version?

Synth version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIBlK2LLFk

sweeterthan
10-27-2018, 02:19 AM
It’s ok to cry. You’re not fucking robots.

Papagolash
10-27-2018, 02:32 AM
Synth version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIBlK2LLFk

MOTHERFUCK YES!!!! Ahh I fucking love Sin and have always preferred it to the bass guitar version and have always wanted to see it live. Now I have hope.

implanted_microchip
10-27-2018, 02:40 AM
It’s ok to cry. You’re not fucking robots.
I was there and everybody in my section of rail cried and I sobbed like a child and it was incredible, I had a feeling Chicago would be a special stop but this is unreal. I’m never seeing a setlist this good again and the crowd around me couldn’t have been better. I can’t fall sleep because of how alive it made me feel

fillow
10-27-2018, 02:47 AM
My 0.02$ on AATCHB
1) Tempo was much faster than the album version? 2) It desperately needed someone's additional vocals for that final Everything! scream (unless it got lost in the cell phone recording). 3) I fucking loved it anyway. Goosebumps when the disco ball part started.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-27-2018, 02:56 AM
My 0.02$ on AATCHB
1) Tempo was much faster than the album version? 2) It desperately needed someone's additional vocals for that final Everything! scream (unless it got lost in the cell phone recording). 3) I fucking loved it anyway. Goosebumps when the disco ball part started.

The best part of the disco ball tonight was that it's one of those things that I've seen in venues so many times, but often goes underutilized unless it's part of the production setup, so normally I don't think twice when I see one. I wasn't expecting it to be "used" at all. Then in a flash, the entire theater was flooded in beams and specks of light during the debut of one of my all time favorite songs. So mesmerizing. 100000000 brownie points to whoever that made the call to use that.

If this tour has been about ANYTHING, it's been about subverting expectations.

GavinCollins420
10-27-2018, 02:58 AM
As someone who lives thousands of miles away from this tour, waking up the morning after a show and checking the setlist is like waking up on Christmas morning.

We are living in the Golden Age of NIN.

Esperanzan
10-27-2018, 03:03 AM
100% agree. I live in Australia, one of the few places they've neglected this tour. It absolutely sucks, but I get a second-hand thrill seeing each setlist as the songs come in and imagining how happy everyone must be at that very moment on the other side of the world.

And I'm fully prepared to say that from a performance/setlist perspective this is the best tour they've ever done, eclipsing Wave Goodbye and YZ.

fillow
10-27-2018, 03:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/73JOx3Q.png

loopcloses
10-27-2018, 05:25 AM
Holy shit, when I started the video I wondered if maybe the reason TR hasn't broken out this great song once through so many tours was because it wouldn't translate live, and this was more of a fun fan service thing. I was so, so wrong. I never anticipated just how massive they could make that last section sound, I wouldn't be shocked at all if this becomes a staple for the rest of the tour the same way The Perfect Drug did.

K-Rice
10-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Holy shit it finally happened. Im really hoping we get AATCHB in Vegas. Before this tour even started, that was the one rarity I wanted more than anything. Now there’s actually a chance they play it! This tour is just the gift that keeps on giving.

dyarab
10-27-2018, 06:39 AM
Holy shit it finally happened. Im really hoping we get AATCHB in Vegas. Before this tour even started, that was the one rarity I wanted more than anything. Now there’s actually a chance they play it! This tour is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Im flying to Vegas for both shows. I hope we get AATCHB one of those nights... i got misty-eyed watching that video. Fucking love that song.

Andallthatcouldhavebeen
10-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Legit Crying watching them perform AATCHB live. Thank you, people who uploaded.

I probably would have fainted had I been there.
Lucky you, Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Did they use the disco ball for anything else? Did Alessandro drop a pic of the ball on Instagram to tease using it for AATCHB?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaMd3BgxJ-/

Conan The Barbarian
10-27-2018, 07:20 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181027/fe36794eebfaaddd5dca82675e382820.jpg

Busting this out again because I’d though my favorite nin song would not be played.

I fucking love this band.

Swykk
10-27-2018, 08:09 AM
I’m so happy AATCHB got played and it sounded great, regardless of whether it’s played again tonight or not. Thank you, TR.

zaps30
10-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Wow! Ok, there has to be a blu ray /dvd release now. So many rarities played and they've just been on top of their game.

Ruined
10-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Still stunned that AATCHB was played. Coupled with The Perfect Drug, just about everything has been played this tour (with much still to go). Feels like a farewell tour.

imail724
10-27-2018, 08:58 AM
It's like Trent just beat his dementia and remembered he's got all these great songs he's never played. We desperately need a live album of this tour and it's gotta be like 4 discs.

EndlessLoveless
10-27-2018, 09:03 AM
Never thought I'd see a nine inch nails show that didnt include terrible lie, wish, MOTP or THTF. Not even one bad witch song. But it was the best setlist I've experienced.

dvdglss
10-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Alright... now Everything or GTFO on this tour!!! No fear Trent!!!

gladcarrot
10-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Does anyone have a list of the opening acts this tour? I taped part of the opening band in Detroit night 2 but can't find their name. It was two guys; one on drums, one on keyboards. Thanks!

AThousandDaysBefore
10-27-2018, 11:21 AM
this tour makes me realize one thing, I'm happy Nin wasn't inducted in Hall of shit

Ilan, Robin, Alessandro, Atticus, every era of Nin was sooo diferent, but always has something special
If one of the guys wouldnt be in the hall of fame being part of Nin , I will be so fucking pissed, they sound better than ever

You are in the hall of fame of my heart (please insert the video of community where Chang screamsss gaaaaaaaaaaaay in this part)

klyrish
10-27-2018, 11:22 AM
It's like Trent just beat his dementia and remembered he's got all these great songs he's never played. We desperately need a live album of this tour and it's gotta be like 4 discs.
A set encapsulating like 4-10 entire shows professionally recorded would be INCREDIBLE. I hope hope hope that something official is released after this tour or at the very least we get another "gift" like LitS.

gladcarrot
10-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have a list of the opening acts this tour? I taped part of the opening band in Detroit night 2 but can't find their name. It was two guys; one on drums, one on keyboards. Thanks!

Found it. It was Gabe Gurnsey (Factory Floor)

AThousandDaysBefore
10-27-2018, 11:37 AM

And he hasn't played a lot of good songs, they have a lot of material, pure gold
this is why I'm happy with this kind of tours of any band, they can play any fucking song they want, they have a loooooot of god songs, not the same song everytime, and that makes artists happy, they can say I have a legacy , I'm not one hit wonder band

Helpmeiaminhell
10-27-2018, 12:04 PM
My prediction is "Deep" "We're In this Together" and "No, You Don't" will appear at some point.....

Dryalex12
10-27-2018, 12:08 PM
I swear to god if he plays Leaving Hope...i'm so fucking done

StockAvuryah
10-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Holy fucking fuck And All That Could Have Been.

Holy shit the camera work in the video is perfect.

And fuck is Sin awesome live.

What the fuck.

Waking up seeing this was a treat.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-27-2018, 12:37 PM
My prediction is "Deep" "We're In this Together" and "No, You Don't" will appear at some point.....

I have to say, the first big rush I felt during the set last night was the lead up to The Wretched, and then forgetting to breathe while I waited to see if they'd go into "We're In This Together" and play the The Fragile (Left) all the way through. What a tease. They teased Broken last time they were at the Aragon, too. But in light of these amazing sets I don't even feel like it's fair of me to be like "no, I want a whole album played, AATCHB and TPD and everything else haven't been enough," heh. Catching AATCHB might have just blown past everything and become my favorite, most emotional NIN tour memory so far.

Immensely excited to see how it all wraps up tonight. I'm ready for anything at all to happen. Deep is also in my wantlist!!

If I had to give one criticism that comes to mind though - I wish that Only had live drums again, because that shit would have been fire. It feels a little too "sterile" without them in my opinion. But I was still happy to see it show up! I'll take all the WT I can get. LITS still takes the cake for my favorite version of Only, though. I remember avoiding tour spoilers and freaking out at the modified intro they were using, thinking it was a new song, then being blown away by the rest of the performance and the production. I wouldn't say LITS was my favorite tour/production, either, but that version of the song is probably the best I've seen.

BRoswell
10-27-2018, 12:40 PM
I swear to god if he plays Leaving Hope...i'm so fucking done

Probably not going to happen. Aside from the standards (Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams, The Frail -> The Wretched, Help Me I Am In Hell -> Happiness In Slavery), and the random A Warm Place and La Mer performances, they've been avoiding instrumentals. Then again, I never thought I'd see the day where The Perfect Drug and And All That Could Have Been got played, so I'm not completely ruling it out.

Now if only they would play some tracks from Ghosts...

Papagolash
10-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Legit Crying watching them perform AATCHB live. Thank you, people who uploaded.

I probably would have fainted had I been there.
Lucky you, Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Did they use the disco ball for anything else? Did Alessandro drop a pic of the ball on Instagram to tease using it for AATCHB?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaMd3BgxJ-/

Disco ball post was absolutely foreshadowing. Robin did the same https://www.instagram.com/p/BpalhCJAccu/ (https://www.instagram.com/p/BpalhCJAccu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-27-2018, 01:54 PM
As far as things that are currently in the setlist rotation I'd like to see tonight - I'm really hoping for Now I'm Nothing/Terrible Lie opening tonight, Sanctified, Eraser, honestly anything from The Fragile that hasn't been played the last two nights, Came Back Haunted, The Background World, Me, I'm Not, The Good Soldier. I Can't Give Everything Away maybe?? Just so I can have the pleasure of hearing it in person before it potentially does disappear. As for things that haven't been played at all - The list is too long, but the possibility for a couple of them is definitely there.

Taking the dog out to a park close by, gonna grab food, clean up and make my way there. Not too much earlier than yesterday, but enough to get a couple hours ahead of traffic and get a smidge closer for the final night. CAN'T WAIT!!

Deacon Blackfire
10-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Putting this here instead of Random NIN Thoughts in case anyone is still avoiding setlist spoilers...

Recently I was thinking about throwing together a Cold And Black And Infinite model setlist for the dream setlist thread, so I looked back on my last entry in that thread - from before the release of Bad Witch - and it kind of blew my mind seeing how possible most of it is now.

Now I’m Nothing ("wave goodbye" outro cuts to album intro of...)
Branches/Bones
Dear World,
Last
Sin
All the Love in the World
She’s Gone Away
The Becoming
You Know What You Are? (with album outro)
Eraser
The Day the World Went Away
The Mark Has Been Made
The Idea of You
Me, I’m Not
Not Anymore
Wish
The New Flesh
The Lovers
In Two
Underneath It All
Demon Seed
The Background World

(encore)
Help Me I Am In Hell
Happiness in Slavery
10 Miles High
And All That Could Have Been
Burning Bright (Field on Fire)

The bolded tracks are ones I was able to see at the New York dates. The underlined tracks are ones that I didn't see but have joined other setlists.

I mean there are clearly tracks from this that still haven't popped up and probably won't but when I think about the fact that yes, I got to see a show open with Now I'm Nothing...yes, I got to see All the Love in the World...yes, I not only got to see Help Me I Am In Hell and Happiness in Slavery, I got to see them open an encore just like I had wished for...it puts in perspective how special this tour is and how lucky us fans are.

Between the honestly incredible releases that have comprised Trent and Atticus's trilogy and this absolutely jaw-dropping tour, this period has a strong argument for being the ultimate era of Nine Inch Nails.

Wish9
10-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Congratulations to everyone fortunate enough to be there last night. Seeing AATCHB live was the one last thing on my NIN bucket list. At least I now have some level of hope that it might happen eventually ...

demo
10-27-2018, 02:59 PM
And here we all thought that the ultimate era of NIN was 2005-2009... Lmao

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-27-2018, 03:18 PM
https://www.facebook.com/nintourhistory/photos/a.2688523641173973/2762834690409534/?type=3&eid=ARDH4q6Ve4J67YDxzfcITnKa7t-3exIG_NxXAd37_SIjn1OVvmcQrXd4R-duor-Jm06iqEWBU6t3Lki4&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCtu5CXICvnNuFgopbJhpMzLMObnyNQ OTie7R3Vq3VOeoUdTf9YQRrACVUPfOpjpXJPqPUsSh97fNjsdK 9082vZHePIiZiqn36SDIokLv0oQtfckCYukunVDhDqDZYTebSl bhJB_o85FJgKLwJx37U-rpvTQBvbRq03cVZBDWDJPYyWHnc4ZE5mvPG-sI0ZEZadaoOyHR5PBQM6T2crw2oIRmDqzEVi6tMa51r6c6_oLP XHsM_8zf-F&__tn__=EEHH-Rhttps://www.facebook.com/nintourhistory/photos/a.2688523641173973/2762834690409534/?type=3&eid=ARDH4q6Ve4J67YDxzfcITnKa7t-3exIG_NxXAd37_SIjn1OVvmcQrXd4R-duor-Jm06iqEWBU6t3Lki4&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCtu5CXICvnNuFgopbJhpMzLMObnyNQ OTie7R3Vq3VOeoUdTf9YQRrACVUPfOpjpXJPqPUsSh97fNjsdK 9082vZHePIiZiqn36SDIokLv0oQtfckCYukunVDhDqDZYTebSl bhJB_o85FJgKLwJx37U-rpvTQBvbRq03cVZBDWDJPYyWHnc4ZE5mvPG-sI0ZEZadaoOyHR5PBQM6T2crw2oIRmDqzEVi6tMa51r6c6_oLP XHsM_8zf-F&__tn__=EEHH-Rhttps://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44888644_2762834693742867_4602508274611257344_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=352494acaeb605f319cbfebdddfaa8bf&oe=5C4E89F1

Holy shit.

Sarah K
10-27-2018, 03:30 PM
They are soundchecking GBDTD right now but at like... 1/5 the normal BPM.

Now they are doing I Can't Give Everything Away. But also at a very weird tempo. Is this a normal thing that I'm just not aware of?

BRoswell
10-27-2018, 03:38 PM
They are soundchecking GBDTD right now but at like... 1/5 the normal BPM.

Now they are doing I Can't Give Everything Away. But also at a very weird tempo. Is this a normal thing that I'm just not aware of?

Might be a way of conserving their energy while still checking to make sure everything sounds good.

Esperanzan
10-27-2018, 04:32 PM
I'm guessing another surprise tonight - it seems to be the trend. Probably not something huge but still pretty cool. I'm putting my money on Into the Void.

BRoswell
10-27-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm putting my money on Into the Void.

I would love that, especially if it was a new version that took a little bit of influence from Slipping Away.

bryan_NIN65
10-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Well I am probably gonna buy a ticket for the December 1 LV show and buy plane tickets when I get home just gonna be ruff since I won't make it to both shows.

ryanj101
10-27-2018, 06:35 PM
I saw one night in Atlanta (would have been both but I was traveling the first night) had Tix for Louisville and when that cancelled I went to Nashville...had Tix to one night in Vegas and when I heard AATCHB was played I extended my stay and got Tix to the second night in Vegas...this tour is amazing.

ryanj101
10-27-2018, 06:39 PM
BTW, if Where is Everybody makes an appearance I will lose my mind

Pbgut
10-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Looking forward to the live debut of "Eraser (Polite)" and tour debut of "Maybe Just Once" tonight ... I'll check in later once they've played the entire NIN discography up to 1997.

Deacon Blackfire
10-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Remember back during one of the Spiral chats when Trent was asked if they would ever play Sunspots, We're In This Together, and And All That Could Have Been, and his answer was "yes, maybe, and yes"? Only one of those songs hasn't yet made its live debut and with how frequently (and skillfully) Trent has been showcasing his falsetto on this tour, I think it's easily within their range.

Really they could go through the whole rest of the tour without busting out anything else and Cold And Black And Infinite would still have the most epic setlists, but that's the other thing about this tour - at any point they could dive back into the catalogue and pop up with something crazy.

idioteque...
10-27-2018, 09:54 PM
Just realized, no NIN shows for nearly a month. Guess Trent is going to rest up unless they add another city but what? Philly?

would love for him to come back to house of blues at atlantic city again

K-Rice
10-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Just realized, no NIN shows for nearly a month. Guess Trent is going to rest up unless they add another city but what? Philly?

would love for him to come back to house of blues at atlantic city again
They need a couple weeks to rehearse Sunspots, Where Is Everybody, 10 Miles High, Zero-Sum, and Demon Seed.

Halo Infinity
10-27-2018, 10:07 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181027/fe36794eebfaaddd5dca82675e382820.jpg

Busting this out again because I’d though my favorite nin song would not be played.

I fucking love this band.
Absolutely. Yes. Yes, and yes! :D

And this is exactly why. NIN/TR has always been the gift that was giving to me as well. I wasn't around for the 1990s though, but as of right now, 16 years of being constantly satisfied and rewarded without fail is always a gift that gives in and of itself. I'm just happy that I caught this tour as well.

(And also seeing that Trent is doing even more than just all right.) :)

Dryalex12
10-27-2018, 10:20 PM
ah yes m yfavorite song is on setlist.fm

?

Kyle
10-27-2018, 10:26 PM
ah yes m yfavorite song is on setlist.fm

?

It was changed to "unknown" and now I'm very curious. New song? Cover? Newbie fan who doesn't know the song?

tricil
10-27-2018, 10:27 PM
It was changed to "unknown" and now I'm very curious. New song? Cover? Newbie fan who doesn't know the song?

Defitnely one of these, possibly a TR/AR soundtrack piece as well.

Weird setlist tonight as well

m0reta
10-27-2018, 10:29 PM
There's two 'unknown' now.

Probably Down In It and The Only Time.

*ha hah ha*
*cries since anything is possible now*

Kyle
10-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Defitnely one of these, possibly a TR/AR soundtrack piece as well.

Weird setlist tonight as well

I didn't think of that. That's actually my guess. To be honest a lot of them blend together for me. Maybe a Ghosts song?

Kyle
10-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Maybe Just Once and Purest Feeling are the unknowns

(I almost wouldn't be surprised)

3knic
10-27-2018, 10:32 PM
There's two 'unknown' now.

Probably Down In It and The Only Time.

*ha hah ha*
*cries since anything is possible now*These unknowns are going to get to me. I need to know NOW!!

Esperanzan
10-27-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing maybe Parasite and Dead Souls? Or Hand Covers Bruise? More than happy to be proven wrong though.

Also, I'm in awe at how little The Hand That Feeds is being played this tour. Never thought it would happen that it stops being a regular.