PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

sick among the pure
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
One of my favorite things is there will be little chance of knowing what song is coming next In the set (with the exception of maybe the bad witch tracks grouped together). In the past, things could be somewhat predictable from that standpoint.

As beautiful and awe-inspiring as the visuals were on the LITS tour, I went to 2 shows and they had literally the exact same setlist (except the second show was minus God Given). Even the same Ghosts songs. I won't complain, it was still an amazing second show, but there is something to the whole "I know what to expect next" that just didn't seem right.
This tour, the fact that you have NO idea what is next (even if you hear THTF, HLAH may not be next, hell I didn't even get THTF two of the 3 shows I've been to this year!) you don't know what the opening song will be... or the encore, or even when or where or what the "slow" part is... it's amazing.
If all it took for setlists this varied was a piss-stained sheet and some "no fucks given" then by god throw away the big visual productions forever because I will take a decade of shows like this without hesitation.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-28-2018, 11:01 PM
I remember Bill Pulsipher saying in 2013 how he hated those fancy light shows and static setlists every night and wanted NIN to return to the 2009 style of no fancy stage show and a rotating set of deep cuts....

sick among the pure
09-28-2018, 11:17 PM
I remember Bill Pulsipher saying in 2013 how he hated those fancy light shows and static setlists every night and wanted NIN to return to the 2009 style of no fancy stage show and a rotating set of deep cuts....

Hope you're not implying I hated the light shows, those were amazing performances and I am SO glad I can say I saw both legs of the LITS tour, 2013 festival tour, Tension, and NIN/Soundgarden's visual setups because those were fucking experiences.
I'm just glad Trent is able to blow the setlists wide open.

bobbie solo
09-29-2018, 01:17 AM

stop.

Krazy
09-29-2018, 01:53 AM

So here we are, full circle. Just a different user name.

At least you can still leave when the last song starts playing.

implanted_microchip
09-29-2018, 04:38 AM
It’s good you figured out how to blow yourself because you still suck

Reznorection
09-29-2018, 09:14 AM
From what I've read seen, this tour looks and sounds amazing. I much prefer the minimalistic aesthetic to the fancy effects, both because it feels rawer and more in line with the NIN I grew up loving, and also because it facilitates far greater variation in setlists.

The sets they're playing are tantalizing and filled with great material and inspired sequences. I loved that they played Broken, then teased TDS the next night by opening with Mr. Self Destruct and Piggy, then teased Fragile the next night by doing the same thing. Creative little flourishes like that across shows are what makes a tour stand out.

Don't have tickets to anything because they didn't play Philly, but am now thinking I need to somehow score a Saturday Radio City and make the trip to see one show.

WorzelG
09-29-2018, 10:19 AM
I imagine these shows are much less stressful logistically for the band too which might add to Trent enjoying them more. I remember the behind the scenes of Tension where he was saying the music was pretty much sorted but the production was causing nightmares and working round the clock

ltrandazzo
09-29-2018, 10:37 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm still mad that they haven't done a live version of Juno.

nmitchell86
09-29-2018, 11:06 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm still mad that they haven't done a live version of Juno.

Or released a physical copy...

Krazy
09-29-2018, 12:10 PM
I imagine these shows are much less stressful logistically for the band too which might add to Trent enjoying them more. I remember the behind the scenes of Tension where he was saying the music was pretty much sorted but the production was causing nightmares and working round the clock

The flip side is probably more stress on the band members trying to learn a bunch of songs they’ll only play a handful of times through this tour.

Re: Tension, I thought they ditched a lot of the production late, only to add the back up singers and a bunch more HM songs.

This is is a great tour, no doubt. A lot better than 2009 IMHO. I still Love he high production stuff though, and the average fan entering a show probably doesn’t know or care what they played the show prior or what they’re going to play the next show.

m0reta
09-29-2018, 12:58 PM
We watched them put the sign together!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/fb26a2b7ab76c3ff98f1415782bb59d2.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/2adad7c412c6b95b9ea65bd794134203.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/3ff0e5de1fa9c3afa938e87dd2ec5ea1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/9c7a79b1edf7cc64c65420a3bf5c87a0.jpg

Crossposting from Nashville thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

FULLMETAL
09-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Did I miss that sign in ATL?

mauro995
09-29-2018, 02:11 PM
If they play The Downward Spiral in it's entirety during this tour it will sound so much better than it did during 2009...

m0reta
09-29-2018, 02:14 PM
Did I miss that sign in ATL?I did not see it either but I don't think they could have set it up outside due to rain and/or space nor inside due to space. But I am willing to be wrong. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Kyle
09-29-2018, 11:07 PM
From what I've read seen, this tour looks and sounds amazing. I much prefer the minimalistic aesthetic to the fancy effects, both because it feels rawer and more in line with the NIN I grew up loving, and also because it facilitates far greater variation in setlists.

The sets they're playing are tantalizing and filled with great material and inspired sequences. I loved that they played Broken, then teased TDS the next night by opening with Mr. Self Destruct and Piggy, then teased Fragile the next night by doing the same thing. Creative little flourishes like that across shows are what makes a tour stand out.

Don't have tickets to anything because they didn't play Philly, but am now thinking I need to somehow score a Saturday Radio City and make the trip to see one show.

Theres still plenty of affordable tickets to the D.C. shows. Distance wise it isn't that much different but the tickets are more available and GA

gorast
09-29-2018, 11:19 PM
If setlist.fm is accurate, looks like tonight's show had another great set. Sanctified, Dear World, coming back, TPD, Physical. Short encore, though.

Reznorection
09-29-2018, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it's more the timing. If the Washington shows were on a weekend, I'd go to those. But Philly > DC on a weeknight is impossible unless you take off work due to traffic, then you get back too late to reasonably go to work the next day. I have pretty minimal days off, so I'm eyeing that Saturday Radio City as being the only feasible option time-wise.

Definitely would prefer the Washington shows in terms of location, pricing and venue, though. I find NYC a drain in almost all respects.

bryan_NIN65
09-29-2018, 11:50 PM
I can't help from feeling screwed over for the Memphis setlist. Our only older rare songs in Memphis were covers of Metal and Parasite and I'm afraid of Americans . Looking at flights to Detriot and seems I could go for 160 round trip and my brother in law lives in Toledo so I could stay there but would still need to rent a car.....hmmmmm trying to talk the wife into going and just chilling in Toledo while I go to the shows but I don't know if I want to do Detriot solo although the 23rd is my birthday.

sweeterthan
09-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Repost from the Nashville thread:

This guy has never heard of echoing the sound https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/ba39622eb9861869378520a4100e2aad.jpg

Beautiful show. Reznor pointed out the moon to us.

elevenism
09-30-2018, 01:45 AM
Surely, SURELY we will get pro shots of at least some of this.

WorzelG
09-30-2018, 03:26 AM
Watching this tour play out and looking at Instagram and YouTube footage, reading people’s reactions to it has become my antidote to the shitshow that is Brexit and the way the world is going!
I’ve just watched a video of This Isn’t the Place about 5 times!

https://youtu.be/ezoHvMRLsHg

mostlymad
09-30-2018, 04:21 AM

It won’t be me, obviously. Crappy phone camera. I wanted a shot of Trent playing sax, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zaps30
09-30-2018, 07:36 AM
Time to use the 10 days off to rehearse more Fragile songs in preparation for the next leg. ;)

sweeterthan
09-30-2018, 12:29 PM

The couple next me last night, the guy was photographing the show. He said he knows nin’s new art director (Dave somebody). Hopefully they’ll release some photos in the next few days.

elevenism
10-01-2018, 02:14 AM
Hey so, I saw someone in some type of "suck my entire cock" shirt at Denver, night 2. I just remembered after seeing your pic, sweeterthan .

So was that one of you guys?

ltrandazzo
10-01-2018, 11:12 AM
The couple next me last night, the guy was photographing the show. He said he knows nin’s new art director (Dave somebody). Hopefully they’ll release some photos in the next few days.

There was a guy with a rig in Memphis on stage recording Metal and a few other songs. They could be for promos, or something more. Dunno.

ssjboss
10-01-2018, 01:10 PM
This must be played some night :rolleyes::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI

implanted_microchip
10-01-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm all for an all-80's Eyes Without a Face, Get Down Make Love, Gotta Look Sharp, Purest Feeling, Maybe Just Once and PHM start to finish setlist. Get some of the Exotic Birds back together, then close out the night with this forgotten beauty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuzTwea-t1E

Go all-in

dyarab
10-01-2018, 02:26 PM
I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA? I saw them the second night at the Fox in ATL and have been kicking myself for not going both nights. I have seen NIN countless times but it has been a while and I forgot how fucking awesome he is live. I got chills when they did 'Now I'm Nothing'... first time for me live.

And now it's like I need another fix. I'm trying to figure out how to see them again without it costing a small fortune. New Orleans is looking like the best bet but even that might be a stretch.

I find it kind of odd that he didn't play any dates in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh since he is from that area of the country (as am I).

Thanks for any info anyone can give.

buzburbank
10-01-2018, 04:24 PM
I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA?

Well, the tour does have in its name the word "Infinite," so you've got that to go on. :p

If there is to be a Spring 2019 leg, and you're wondering when the announcement might come, all you can do is try to deduce from this tour (and to a lesser extent, past tours) the amount of lead time there will be. The tour routing of late has made reading the tea leaves difficult. Lots of major markets missed, several major markets blessed with multiple shows. Smaller venues appearing to keep demand high, though. Vegas and LA are perhaps seeing saturation, while other areas are salivating.

Any tour prophets out there?

somewhat_
10-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA? I saw them the second night at the Fox in ATL and have been kicking myself for not going both nights. I have seen NIN countless times but it has been a while and I forgot how fucking awesome he is live. I got chills when they did 'Now I'm Nothing'... first time for me live.

And now it's like I need another fix. I'm trying to figure out how to see them again without it costing a small fortune. New Orleans is looking like the best bet but even that might be a stretch.

I find it kind of odd that he didn't play any dates in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh since he is from that area of the country (as am I).

Paraphrasing in chronological order:

1. Last year - we are planning on doing a smaller amount of shows per year for the next however many years (then manage to book 5-6 months worth of shows for 2018 [emoji13])

2. Sometime over the summer in Europe 2018 - don’t know when we’ll be back- if ever

3. Within the last week or two - we aren’t retiring from touring

This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show.

fishtifer
10-01-2018, 04:45 PM

I gave up on waiting for NIN to come to Canada so I booked a trip to Vegas which was cheaper than flying across Canada for a show, there are still lots of tickets available and if you do the hotel and flight combo it's pretty affordable. I thought about New Orleans too but tickets were almost twice as much as the Vegas shows. I'm hoping since NIN just did 3 dates in Vegas back in June these two new shows will have more of the deep cuts they've been playing recently.

dyarab
10-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I had a feeling I might have to make a trek somewhere before the year is out.

"This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show."

At the second ATL show Trent did say that this is the most enjoyable tour he's done in a while. Hopefully it will be enough for him to add some dates in 2019 after a hiatus with the family for the holidays (speculating of course).

Will definitely check out the Vegas option. Should be able to get some good flights out of ATL

AThousandDaysBefore
10-01-2018, 07:45 PM

There are some rumors they will be playing in south America next year, in some days the bands from lollapalooza will be announced, so if they are in the lineup, there will be a big chance to see more dates

Kyle
10-02-2018, 02:03 AM
Paraphrasing in chronological order:

1. Last year - we are planning on doing a smaller amount of shows per year for the next however many years (then manage to book 5-6 months worth of shows for 2018 [emoji13])

2. Sometime over the summer in Europe 2018 - don’t know when we’ll be back- if ever

3. Within the last week or two - we aren’t retiring from touring

This is a guy who has always had a love/hate relationship with touring. My best guess is he’s not done but I wouldn’t count on 2019. If it were me, and I could swing it, I would try to get to an additional show.

I'm pretty sure the love/hate comes from loving performing but hating touring (especially now that he's a family man)

we kept hoping (myself included) that the long gaps on the tour dates meant more shows being announced. I think they actually mean family time and there's not a thing wrong with that

Kyle
10-02-2018, 02:07 AM
And on a related note, just because it's family time doesn't mean he's not also working and the fact that the only show I can afford to attend is the first after an extended hiatus makes me hopeful that we'll get something really cool

fillow
10-02-2018, 03:56 AM
Meanwhile, here my attempt at seeing structure in this tour setlists
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzppR96QKf73skRl1twFgQYN_PASbPbfBDx8f5E9_jE/edit#gid=969508312
Colors added only for those songs that appear on different lines. No movement = no color.

NotinCnStopMeNow
10-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Meanwhile, here my attempt at seeing structure in this tour setlists
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzppR96QKf73skRl1twFgQYN_PASbPbfBDx8f5E9_jE/edit#gid=969508312
Colors added only for those songs that appear on different lines. No movement = no color.

this looks very similar to how I put together a track order for one of my live compilations....

dyarab
10-02-2018, 08:57 AM
I gave up on waiting for NIN to come to Canada so I booked a trip to Vegas which was cheaper than flying across Canada for a show, there are still lots of tickets available and if you do the hotel and flight combo it's pretty affordable. I thought about New Orleans too but tickets were almost twice as much as the Vegas shows. I'm hoping since NIN just did 3 dates in Vegas back in June these two new shows will have more of the deep cuts they've been playing recently.

Well... I took your advice. Me and a buddy (coming from Ohio) are flying to Vegas to see both nights. Already booked the room (at the Hard Rock, got a killer rate and we'll split the room) and bought floor tix for both nights! All that's left is booking a flight. The wife has some extra points she'll use for me. ;)

Can't wait to see them again... and again! Gonna be a pretty fun next few months. In January, me and the same buddy, as well as the Mrs. are flying To Phoenix to run the Rock n Roll Marathon (this will not be fun :p), then heading to Jerome/Cottonwood, AZ to visit Caduceus Cellars again. Will be the first time for my buddy.

And more than likely I'll be gong back to the Fox in ATL to see a Perfect circle in October. Fuck it all... you only live once. :eek:

bobbie solo
10-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Whats everyone's thoughts on Jesus & Mary Chain so far? Sounding good? Anything unique happen during one of their sets yet? Has Trent been thanking/acknowledging them some nights?

dyarab
10-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Whats everyone's thoughts on Jesus & Mary Chain so far? Sounding good? Anything unique happen during one of their sets yet? Has Trent been thanking/acknowledging them some nights?

I'll preface this with the fact I am no fan of them. And their live performance didn't help. It pains me that I have to sit through them again, twice, in Vegas. I watched Tobacco from the Lobby, and they were vastly more interesting than JMC. Wish I would have went in.

And BTW... did anyone see Trent fall on the second night in ATL early during Terrible Lie? I can't help but think a younger Trent would have went nuts and start smashing shit. Ahhh the old days...

ryanmcfly
10-02-2018, 03:06 PM

I enjoyed them. Better than Tobacco, Soundgarden, and other random artists I've seen them with.

thefragile_jake
10-02-2018, 03:13 PM

I'm only really familiar with "Psychocandy", but I enjoy their sound overall so it was a good show. I don't think I've ever disliked anyone Trent has picked as an opening act besides Street Sweeper Social Club.

However, Tobacco stole the show opening act wise when I saw them this past weekend.

fishtifer
10-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Well... I took your advice. Me and a buddy (coming from Ohio) are flying to Vegas to see both nights. Already booked the room (at the Hard Rock, got a killer rate and we'll split the room) and bought floor tix for both nights! All that's left is booking a flight. The wife has some extra points she'll use for me. ;)

Can't wait to see them again... and again! Gonna be a pretty fun next few months. In January, me and the same buddy, as well as the Mrs. are flying To Phoenix to run the Rock n Roll Marathon (this will not be fun :p), then heading to Jerome/Cottonwood, AZ to visit Caduceus Cellars again. Will be the first time for my buddy.

And more than likely I'll be gong back to the Fox in ATL to see a Perfect circle in October. Fuck it all... you only live once. :eek:

Glad I could help! - I'm looking at these shows as possibly being the only chance we'll have to see The Perfect Drug, Happiness in Slavery, etc live before another NIN take another long break from touring. It could be like the Wave Goodbye tour followed by the Tension tour 3-4 years later... but they seem to be enjoying themselves so if they come to our towns next year that will be a bonus!

heavenly_bearded
10-02-2018, 05:01 PM
I listened to a few JMC songs and it's definitely not my cuppa tea. There's definitely worse music out there. I've heard mixed reviews about their show. I'm seeing them 7 times in the next two months so by the end of my journey I'll either love them or hate them.

dyarab
10-02-2018, 05:09 PM
I listened to a few JMC songs and it's definitely not my cuppa tea. There's definitely worse music out there. I've heard mixed reviews about their show. I'm seeing them 7 times in the next two months so by the end of my journey I'll either love them or hate them.

You're gonna hate them. Not to mention they just kind of stand there...

and look sad.

Kyle
10-02-2018, 05:11 PM
I had fun when I saw Jesus and Mary Chain. Not life changing fun, but I enjoyed it.

Granted, that was 1994

botley
10-02-2018, 05:46 PM
OMG is that Atticus' vape pen (photo by Mike White (https://www.deadlydesigns.com/)):

https://i.imgur.com/csqQUiC.jpg

zero
10-02-2018, 08:05 PM
Has While I'm Still Here been played yet on this tour? There is impressive variety in the set lists, but I don't think WISH (not Wish) has been played.

Krazy
10-02-2018, 09:16 PM
OMG is that Atticus' vape pen (photo by Mike White (https://www.deadlydesigns.com/)):

https://i.imgur.com/csqQUiC.jpg

That thing directly below the mic? Looks like a gas station bottle of 5 Hour Energy drink. Gotta get caffeinated-up when staring at a screen all night and turning knobs lol.

Has While I'm Still Here been played yet on this tour? There is impressive variety in the set lists, but I don't think WISH (not Wish) has been played.

That would be a “no”. I think the only HM tracks played have been Copy of a, CBH, and Find My Way.

With this big a gap in shows, I wonder what a band does during a tour. Go home and eventually catch a flight I imagine.

ryanmcfly
10-02-2018, 09:42 PM
It’s a vape pen. He took a couple rips off of it after the Burn fuck up at San Antonio. Almost as much vapor as smoke on stage.

Krazy
10-02-2018, 09:56 PM
It’s a vape pen. He took a couple rips off of it after the Burn fuck up at San Antonio. Almost as much vapor as smoke on stage.

As long as he doesn’t start the place on fire like that HTDA video, all should be good.

FULLMETAL
10-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Random question, but anyone know of a good fixed/fast lens, point & shoot camera for concert photography (and the occasional video)?

My camera died during TVOTR's "Dear Science" 10th anniversary show and I borrowed a Canon SX720HS for Atlanta, but didn't like the results.

To make it relevant to this thread, reddit user sunlips posted some great video snippets from Atlanta #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaBPayNpQNE

nooneimportant
10-03-2018, 03:03 AM
We got Broken, The Perfect Drug and vaping on stage.

This is the ultimate tour. Never let anyone convince you otherwise.

klyrish
10-03-2018, 07:37 AM
I was in the same boat as you and I found them to be kind of like a poor man's Oasis. They were fine but definitely not a band I ever need to see again.

kogas
10-03-2018, 08:05 AM
I was in the same boat as you and I found them to be kind of like a poor man's Oasis. They were fine but definitely not a band I ever need to see again.

I would never compare them to Oasis. They are more My Bloody Valentine / Sonic Youth type. More straightforward though. But noisy af (and that’s a good thing)

Krazy
10-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Found J&MC to be a bit boring as well. They definitely weren’t bad, and the sound was great, but too many of the songs sounded the same-ish. They did play one track that seemed to be a bit heavier than the others.

mostlymad
10-03-2018, 09:06 AM
J&MC remain a favorite of mine. I wish people hadn’t been such jerks during their set. I wasn’t during Tobacco’s.

eachpassingphase
10-03-2018, 12:27 PM
J&MC remain a favorite of mine. I wish people hadn’t been such jerks during their set. I wasn’t during Tobacco’s.

Yeah, I’m with ya. I was frustrated in Memphis because people were being tools while openers played.

This is admittedly really dumb, but I try to go out of my way to be super encouraging to opening acts even if they aren’t my thing. They get all my attention and plenty cheering during their set because it would seriously bother me to think of some musicians feeling bummed that people were disinterested or even hostile while they played. Plus it also seems disrespectful to the main act who probably picked the openers themselves and may even be friends with them etc.

Helpmeiaminhell
10-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Going to all 4 NYC shows......Can't wait

Krazy
10-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Going to all 4 NYC shows......Can't wait

You should IG the band/management and meet them. Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that one...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/167/129/tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500.gif

DVYDRNS
10-03-2018, 10:14 PM
JAMC dont need NIN fans to love them. They're doing just fine being the godfathers of Shoegaze and Noise Pop. It would be nice if people were respectful. but I doubt they really give a rats ass if they aren't adored by NIN fans.

Max
10-04-2018, 08:16 AM
I went to Atlanta night #2 and in spite of being a fan for more than 20 years I totally missed the significance of the opener now I’m Nothing followed by Terrible Lie.

Apparently this is what they regularly played back in ‘91.
https://youtu.be/-9Xp-DluqmQ

So this was truly a rare treat and a real gift for the longtime fans. At the time I recognized the song as “the only deep cut I don’t know very well” but now I realize what a mind-blowing moment that must have been for some people and how Trent himself was recalling his earliest days doing this.

Pretty cool.

elevenism
10-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Are we keeping track of what all has been played on this tour, and, if so, can someone turn me into it?

ryanmcfly
10-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Are we keeping track of what all has been played on this tour, and, if so, can someone turn me into it?

62 unique songs on this year, 59 total on Cold and Black and Infinite (only ones played in the summer, and not on CBI were I Can't Give Everything Away, SICNH, I Do Not Want This.) More than NINJA (52.) And slightly less than they did in all of 2009 where they did 70 total unique songs (covers included.)

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=73d0964d

elevenism
10-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Thanks ryanmcfly . You're a heroic man who, like me, reps the Republic of Texas.

I'm thinking of starting a thread with a list of all songs played on this tour. I guess it would pretty much just need one post.

We could update it as more songs are played.

Any objections?

heavenly_bearded
10-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Isn't that what nintourhistory already does?

dyarab
10-04-2018, 12:22 PM
I went to Atlanta night #2 and in spite of being a fan for more than 20 years I totally missed the significance of the opener now I’m Nothing followed by Terrible Lie.

So this was truly a rare treat and a real gift for the longtime fans. At the time I recognized the song as “the only deep cut I don’t know very well” but now I realize what a mind-blowing moment that must have been for some people and how Trent himself was recalling his earliest days doing this.

Pretty cool.

I Agree, and I was there as well. It was the first time, for me, seeing Now I'm Nothing live. It was awesome.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Pretty cool.

I got to see that opening in KC in 2009 and it gave me chiiills! I’d only heard of it happening in the past, never heard “Now I’m Nothing” before (saved it in case it happened at one of the shows I went to, nailed it). Fingers are SUPER crossed that we get to see NIN>TL in Chicago. Kudos on getting to hear it in person! It’s one HELL of a tone setter.

Kyle
10-05-2018, 06:01 AM

Poor man's Oasis? Disliking them is fine. I like them but they're definitely not my favorite. That's just rude though

poro765
10-05-2018, 06:39 AM
I just got a new IEM matrix recording from a show in Japan this year.
Before I get bombarded by PM requests, I already shared them with Ryan (and some of my friends) so it could be shared via ninlive website later on.

The quality of this recording is phenomenal. You could actually hear what Atticus (and oftimes Cortini) is adding to the live set. One of my favorite from this gig that shows this is I'm Afraid Of Americans.
TR's vocal is very prominent in the mix, throughout, but in a good way. As you guys already know he sounds great as he's ever been. You could almost hear him screaming on Branches/Bones.
Other highlights include Even Deeper, Shit Mirror, Ahead Of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door.
Make sure you get the recording once it gets released. One of the best NIN show I've been to, to be re-experienced in sublime quality. You won't be disappointed!

elevenism
10-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Isn't that what nintourhistory already does?well yeah, but it's not HERE, chief.
I think it would be kind of cool if it was here is all.

heavenly_bearded
10-05-2018, 09:37 AM
well yeah, but it's not HERE, chief.
I think it would be kind of cool if it was here is all.
http://nintourhistory.com/

You're welcome ;)

elevenism
10-05-2018, 09:47 AM
http://nintourhistory.com/

You're welcome ;)
I KNOW! :P

i just think it would be cool to have here on ets: specifically the songs they are playing for this tour.

FULLMETAL
10-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Does it really need a separate thread? Why not just post here and edit as the tour progresses?

StockAvuryah
10-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Does it really need a separate thread? Why not just post here and edit as the tour progresses?

There is not that much thread going on, so why not

bandmemberblack
10-07-2018, 12:20 AM
Going to the Texas shows and I soooo wished that Soft Moon was part of that lineup. I love that band so much.

Papagolash
10-07-2018, 05:58 PM
I just got a new IEM matrix recording from a show in Japan this year.
Before I get bombarded by PM requests, I already shared them with Ryan (and some of my friends) so it could be shared via ninlive website later on.

The quality of this recording is phenomenal. You could actually hear what Atticus (and oftimes Cortini) is adding to the live set. One of my favorite from this gig that shows this is I'm Afraid Of Americans.
TR's vocal is very prominent in the mix, throughout, but in a good way. As you guys already know he sounds great as he's ever been. You could almost hear him screaming on Branches/Bones.
Other highlights include Even Deeper, Shit Mirror, Ahead Of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door.
Make sure you get the recording once it gets released. One of the best NIN show I've been to, to be re-experienced in sublime quality. You won't be disappointed!

Taking a listen and holy fuck this sounds amazing!

bryan_NIN65
10-07-2018, 07:47 PM
I got to see that opening in KC in 2009 and it gave me chiiills! I’d only heard of it happening in the past, never heard “Now I’m Nothing” before (saved it in case it happened at one of the shows I went to, nailed it). Fingers are SUPER crossed that we get to see NIN>TL in Chicago. Kudos on getting to hear it in person! It’s one HELL of a tone setter.

This will always be one of my favorite memories, and this whole concert was recorded in this quality(THANKS CHOANATIC). If you have never watched the whole thing you should, by far my favorite show ever!!!! https://youtu.be/yn-arvfoY0Q

nooneimportant
10-08-2018, 05:33 AM
I really would like to hear more of PHM on this tour though. I think it would be amazing to hear what songs like That's What I Get or The Only Time could sound like with this lineup.

ryanmcfly
10-08-2018, 08:06 AM
I really would like to hear more of PHM on this tour though. I think it would be amazing to hear what songs like That's What I Get or The Only Time could sound like with this lineup.

I would honestly be happy if Sin and Down in It made it back into the rotation.

thefragile_jake
10-08-2018, 08:42 AM
This will always be one of my favorite memories, and this whole concert was recorded in this quality(THANKS CHOANATIC). If you have never watched the whole thing you should, by far my favorite show ever!!!! https://youtu.be/yn-arvfoY0Q

Damn, I remember going to this! It was also my first road trip to see a show ... can't believe it's almost been 10 years now. Wish I had the chance to see more stuff at Starlight Theater, really cool venue. I remember being a little bummed about this set compared to some of the other NIN|JA tours since we got a lot of staples at the time like "Burn", "Echoplex", "Frail/Wretched" ... but hearing "The Becoming", "The Way Out is Through", "The Fragile" and "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)" and "Physical" for the first time more than made up for it.

downward
10-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Im going to the DC show and need to know what time NIN finishes up since the metro only runs until 11:30 pm?

Anyone?

sweeterthan
10-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Im going to the DC show and need to know what time NIN finishes up since the metro only runs until 11:30 pm?

Anyone?

The two Atlanta shows and Nashville were over by 11pm.

Max
10-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Yeah you’ll be cutting it close. I recommend Lyft or Uber

bryan_NIN65
10-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Damn, I remember going to this! It was also my first road trip to see a show ... can't believe it's almost been 10 years now. Wish I had the chance to see more stuff at Starlight Theater, really cool venue. I remember being a little bummed about this set compared to some of the other NIN|JA tours since we got a lot of staples at the time like "Burn", "Echoplex", "Frail/Wretched" ... but hearing "The Becoming", "The Way Out is Through", "The Fragile" and "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)" and "Physical" for the first time more than made up for it.

First I have to say The Starlight is a personal favorite venue of mine, seen Soundgarden's secound to last show at Starlight, the one before thier Detriot show.Yeah I know what ya mean about staples but I could hear The Wretched and Burn every time and be happy about it as they are 2 of my favorites along with Terrilbe Lie. Piggy (Nothing can stop me Now) was fucking unreal along with others of course. I relive that show alot and never get tired of it,lol. OK I will stop cluttering the new tour thread with the past now. Everyone have a blast in DC!!!!!

Snowstorm1996
10-08-2018, 11:20 PM

Anyone?

You might have to bail for the encore. About an 8 min walk/4 min sprint to Waterfront station and single tracking btwn L’enfant And Mt Vernon Square. WMATA is somewhat damaged these days.

ryanmcfly
10-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Prediction time: Heresy makes it's tour debut tonight.

tricil
10-09-2018, 05:33 PM
back in business tonight!

gorast
10-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Excited to actually be awake for the whole set again, lol.

Snowstorm1996
10-09-2018, 09:02 PM
TR in MOTP: “you guys are fucking great.”

gorast
10-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Pretty standard fare setlist tonight, but I'm certain it was a great show for those who were there.

Kyle
10-09-2018, 10:51 PM
Pretty standard fare setlist tonight, but I'm certain it was a great show for those who were there.

Yeah I was disappointed with the setlist but Trent seemed like he was having more fun than at any nin show I've been to before. Someone yelled something during the "I am still right here" part of Hurt and he actually smiled. It was a subtle smile that he tried to hide but it threw me off

also "I now know the depths I reach are limitless... Fucking limitless" might be a new fuck placement

FULLMETAL
10-10-2018, 12:48 AM
Is is it just me or does the rail seem kinda far away from the stage for an arena club show?

BovHIH2AQX4

Kyle
10-10-2018, 12:53 AM
Is is it just me or does the rail seem kinda far away from the stage for an arena show?

BovHIH2AQX4

It didn't look quite as bad in person, but yeah I thought it was too

sweeterthan
10-10-2018, 02:38 AM
Standard? Branches/bones and dear world and burning bright is anything but standard. It’s only the third time dear world has been played ever.

Kyle
10-10-2018, 02:56 AM
Standard? Branches/bones and dear world and burning bright is anything but standard. It’s only the third time dear world has been played ever.

if your attempts to find rarely played songs on that setlist are taking you to new songs, then I rest my case.

Edit: I just realized I'm not the one who used the word "standard," so I can't read someone else's case, but I'm tired so I'm resting anyway

Kyle
10-10-2018, 03:05 AM
On an unrelated note, before I'm afraid of Americans, he was talking about when he was in D.C. for a screening in the White House of Before the Flood to such an extent that I really thought we were going to get the premiere of A Minute to Breathe (or something else from that soundtrack but that song is the most likely). I wonder if I was the only one thinking that?

for those wondering he ended up talking about how he thought it would lead to change but that didn't happen and this was a song he worked on with a friend that is suddenly relevant now (or something to that effect - he then intro'ed the great destroyer as "another song from our end of the World Series")

nooneimportant
10-10-2018, 05:09 AM
I like how now that they play the album version of Help Me I Am In Hell they went and extended it for an extra minute. It's a riff that summarizes anxiety so the longer it goes the more maddening it is.

WorzelG
10-10-2018, 06:36 AM
Yeah I was disappointed with the setlist but Trent seemed like he was having more fun than at any nin show I've been to before. Someone yelled something during the "I am still right here" part of Hurt and he actually smiled. It was a subtle smile that he tried to hide but it threw me off

also "I now know the depths I reach are limitless... Fucking limitless" might be a new fuck placement
Are you going tomorrow? Or today I should say, they’ll probably change the Setlist up as they have been doing

spahn
10-10-2018, 09:42 AM
what is the Fireman intro? not familiar with that.

ryanmcfly
10-10-2018, 09:52 AM

It's the wooshing sounding intro they used at Panorama last year. It's fairly common when they open with Branches/Bones.

heavenly_bearded
10-10-2018, 09:53 AM

It's a cover of Angelo Badalamenti's song from Twin Peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-6xlS803E

Snowstorm1996
10-10-2018, 11:03 AM

https://youtu.be/c7V1x-7KWn0

Never get tired of seeing Reptile. The Big Comedown too.

MScoutsDCI
10-10-2018, 11:31 AM
What time has NIN been going on at the US shows so far?

implanted_microchip
10-10-2018, 11:34 AM
This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.

Kyle
10-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Before the first show, someone posted a list of set times. I saved the graphic and adding a half hour to everything (for a 7:30 start vs 7:00 start) it was accurate for yesterday so I'm assuming it's consistent, so 2 hours and 10 minutes after the scheduled start of opening act. 9:40ish yesterday since it was a 7:30 show

Kyle
10-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Are you going tomorrow? Or today I should say, they’ll probably change the Setlist up as they have been doing

I wish I was but I can't.

sweeterthan
10-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Someone buy me tonight’s poster. Please thanks.

nooneimportant
10-10-2018, 09:31 PM
This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.

Maybe Trent figured he couldn't top the Day for Night performance of it? That was the ultimate Reptile.

Kyle
10-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Looks like I went to the wrong D.C. night

Nellyrific
10-10-2018, 09:55 PM

I’m beginning to think I need to go to all 6 LA shows instead of just 4 🤦🏻♀️

tricil
10-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Did they really skip the frail?

Krazy
10-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Went to both Phoenix shows, NIN played from ~9:15 to ~11:00 local times.

lol Wut? Maybe I missed the video, or there was a technical issue during one song, maybe it got replaced last minute? This isnt Tension or LITS or Fragility, etc. I do get it though to a certain extent- seeing Gave Up with a lot of smoke and the police lights help make the live song.

gorast
10-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Ah man, The Perfect Drug and the With Teeth two-pack? Wish I'd gotten those.

loopcloses
10-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Track for track maybe my favorite setlist yet. The Slip getting repped, TPD, the full Bad Witch (sans instrumentals), The Becoming, Gave Up, Me I'm Not, Home, Find My Way, just no weak spots.

implanted_microchip
10-10-2018, 10:54 PM
lol Wut? Maybe I missed the video, or there was a technical issue during one song, maybe it got replaced last minute? This isnt Tension or LITS or Fragility, etc. I do get it though to a certain extent- seeing Gave Up with a lot of smoke and the police lights help make the live song.

No since last year they don’t have as much green light for it onstage as before. Even 94/95 footage of it has the entire stage coated in green. I remember talking right after Panorama with people about how we all agreed it sounded the best it ever has but the toned down green in favor of more gray/white light felt off and it’s stayed that way ever since at every show from 2017 until now. Like I said it’s a dumb complaint.

kevinbeetle
10-10-2018, 11:05 PM
No you didn't. You just saw your favorite band live.

nooneimportant
10-11-2018, 03:04 AM
If we're getting Xylophone, Saxaphone and Cello for this tour can we get some Ghosts? I'm sure they could find something that works.

Kyle
10-11-2018, 04:58 AM
The only songs repeated on both D.C. nights were Wish, HLAH, and Hurt

Kyle
10-11-2018, 05:00 AM
No you didn't. You just saw your favorite band live.

This is true.

"Looks like I went to the show that was slightly less awesome than the one I didn't go to"

tricil
10-11-2018, 07:42 AM
The only songs repeated on both D.C. nights were Wish, HLAH, and Hurt

Same with Atlanta. And DC got 8 songs ATL didn’t. The catalog is insane this tour.

joplinpicasso
10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Looking forward to my two Brooklyn shows! I think I'd squeal to have ATLITW, or Even Deeper, or Home. Doesn't matter--I know I'm in for a treat either way. Also bringing a friend who isn't really knowledgeable about NIN but is excited.

Kyle
10-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Looking forward to my two Brooklyn shows! I think I'd squeal to have ATLITW, or Even Deeper, or Home. Doesn't matter--I know I'm in for a treat either way. Also bringing a friend who isn't really knowledgeable about NIN but is excited.

I brought a similar friend to a wave goodbye show. She said she recognized 2 songs (out of over 30 played) but she had a great time anyway

SarahConnor
10-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Happiness in Slavery/Broken & Perfect Drug blindsided the true listeners the most, don’t you think?
I think that one night in Chicago might involve an entire TDS. Who knows what kind of guests will roll up in NYC/LA. Fuck they’d better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!

paul_guyet
10-13-2018, 08:27 AM
Happiness in Slavery/Broken & Perfect Drug blindsided the true listeners the most, don’t you think?
I think that one night in Chicago might involve an entire TDS. Who knows what kind of guests will roll up in NYC/LA. Fuck they’d better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!Hey. Maybe keep the spoilers in the spoilers thread?

bryan_NIN65
10-13-2018, 08:28 AM
better hit smaller markets in the Spring. Cmon Reznor what about us freaks in the Rusty Bible Belt. Thought you knew- this is what it feels like!

Yes, please!!!

loopcloses
10-13-2018, 09:49 PM
I'm feeling that the surprises for us nerds are probably mostly past by now and they've settled into a certain groove with the setlists, which are still pretty damn unique compared to tours past and still with a hell of a lot of variety. Cranking out shockers and debuts throughout the whole tour was probably an unrealistic expectation.

Esperanzan
10-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Someone very cruelly updated the setlist.fm page saying that The Four of Us Are Dying was being played. Screw that guy.

gorast
10-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Seems like they're settling into a rotation of sets now that they're premiered a ton of stuff. I think it's good to repeat the rare stuff so that more people have the chance to hear it, and plus, we've got some cities coming up with more than two shows, so those sets will likely have some weird shit. Can't wait to see how they go.

nooneimportant
10-13-2018, 10:34 PM
Seems like they're settling into a rotation of sets now that they're premiered a ton of stuff. I think it's good to repeat the rare stuff so that more people have the chance to hear it, and plus, we've got some cities coming up with more than two shows, so those sets will likely have some weird shit. Can't wait to see how they go.

I would say that the next four shows are gonna be unique setlist wise because Brooklyn/NYC isn't really a large gap of locations at all. It's just like... right across the street. I'm positive alot of people going to Radio City will be going to Brooklyn and I'm sure Trent knows that.

Krazy
10-13-2018, 11:42 PM
Ehhh... there’s only so many songs they can possibly rehearse and play. I agree with some of the above posts that us dorks that follow this should t expect many more surprises. What’s left- Sin? Maybe The Idea Of You?

Regardless, if you’re a set list junkie this has been a great tour. Maybe the 500 LA shows will feature something like JLYI since there’s an opportunity to get different musicians on stage.

Pbgut
10-14-2018, 12:54 AM
Anybody catch what Trent-ola said at RCMH in his like third little speech – not the joke about pretending to care about Radio City Music Hall, or the Bowie cover lead-in, but the third one ... he said something about the shows or something about the shows "feeling right" or how it had a lot to do with "the audience." I could not make it out and I'm not even sure if what I thought he said was even close.

Great show. Since this is only my second NIN show despite decades of listening, I had a mostly all new setlist for me and it was a really great time. I was super excited to hear "Mr. Self Destruct," and since he didn't play "Hurt" last year at Webster Hall, it was a really emotional experience by the end of it. "All the Love in the World" was also a huge treat, and I was really happy to hear all the Bad Witch vocal tracks and the two other trilogy songs played. I think they sound great. Oh – and yes – The Perfect Drug. It's hard to process that that's actually being played regularly now. 1997 forever ...

bobbie solo
10-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Tonight was a relatively safe setlist. Had some more rare nuggets in there, but still alot of well known material for the casual fan. My mom, wife, brother & friends were not disappointed at all. They got plenty that they knew. And if there was gonna be a show during this NYC run where they played it more safe, the Saturday night show in tourist hell Midtown at Radio City would be the one. So now that we've done that tonight...let's get weird the next 3 nights.

bobbie solo
10-14-2018, 01:08 AM
Anybody catch what Trent-ola said at RCMH in his like third little speech – not the joke about pretending to care about Radio City Music Hall, or the Bowie cover lead-in, but the third one ... he said something about the shows or something about the shows "feeling right" or how it had a lot to do with "the audience." I could not make it out and I'm not even sure if what I thought he said was even close.

Was really hard to make out alot of what Trent was saying. He was talking very low & bassy and was suuuuper close to the mic during his little speeches.

Reznorection
10-14-2018, 02:14 AM
Tonight was a relatively safe setlist. Had some more rare nuggets in there, but still alot of well known material for the casual fan. My mom, wife, brother & friends were not disappointed at all. They got plenty that they knew. And if there was gonna be a show during this NYC run where they played it more safe, the Saturday night show in tourist hell Midtown at Radio City would be the one. So now that we've done that tonight...let's get weird the next 3 nights.

Yup. I think the Tuesday Brooklyn show is going to be the weirdest of the bunch in terms of setlist, but tomorrow will be much more exotic than tonight. I'm definitely someone who would've enjoyed a bit more variation in material (seeing A Warm Place the other night made me wild..) but this was the only night that was really feasible given that I can't take off work and had to come up from Philly. Nevertheless, they sounded amazing and I could hear Mr. Self Destruct and March of the Pigs at every show (by every band) for the rest of my life and I'd be okay with it. Perfect Drug was never my favorite song, but seeing it live was a little surreal after having expected to see it show up on setlists every tour 1999. This show also reaffirmed my love of the Bad Witch material, which fits in respectably with the earlier stuff. Speaking of which, no Fragile material tonight. Wonder if that's significant moving forward. I sort of thought they might play The Fragile as an homage to the '99 VMAs, so..it sort of stuck out.

Very glad I went.

sick among the pure
10-14-2018, 01:06 PM
My only hope is for I’m Afraid of Americans and God Break Down the Door on Wednesday, since that’s the day I’m taking my friend who is a huge Bowie fan.

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 02:30 PM
What time do the standard posters sell out by? I am not sure if I should get there for daniel avery or get there around 8 before jesus. I’ll be seeing Daniel again weds anyway.

also i found a good pair of tickets for orch tonight for $130 each but I have to buy the pair so does anyone want to be my second man or woman in this?

klyrish
10-14-2018, 03:20 PM
With all of the variety in the setlists and the deep cuts/rarities being played, I'm especially excited for the announcement of the official Cold and Black and Infinite tour live release that never sees the light of day.

Papagolash
10-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Hah sweet, at the Atlanta 9/27 show Trent sang "This is the only time I really feel alive" during TOT breakdown in Closer. Can't remember the last time he's done that, feels like 10+ years.

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc

elevenism
10-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc I hate to say this, but those posters are pretty damn hard to get. I hope you get one!

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 05:24 PM
I hate to say this, but those posters are pretty damn hard to get. I hope you get one!

I guess that shoots down the idea. I am curious what tonight is, I don’t tend to like BOTP’s work but you never know.Okay well i am not going to the show anymore, would any one be willing to pick up a poster? Does that even work here? Im from NJ and id pay shipping or meet you in nyc

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 05:48 PM
I hate to say this, but those posters are pretty damn hard to get. I hope you get one!

Overall looks like i am happy not getting a poster, its poorly made imo and pretty rushed.

WorzelG
10-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Hah sweet, at the Atlanta 9/27 show Trent sang "This is the only time I really feel alive" during TOT breakdown in Closer. Can't remember the last time he's done that, feels like 10+ years.
I wish he’d just play The Only Time (and Ringfinger while he’s at it)

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Did posters sell out before Daniel Avery came on? Seems like on NIN live's twitter some guy said he was 5 away or is it just the foil prints that sold out?

m0reta
10-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Ohhh Fragile Left so farrrrr! C'mon WITT!!!!!

m0reta
10-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Womp womp!! Went into The Beginning of the End.

sick among the pure
10-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Ohhh Fragile Left so farrrrr! C'mon WITT!!!!!

He did the same thing at Red Rocks night one. I turned to my husband and said "he's teasing The Fragile left, we won't get it but it's still an awesome way to open"

m0reta
10-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Now he"s teasing Year Zero. :-)

implanted_microchip
10-14-2018, 09:30 PM
They did the same Fragile tease in Vegas, I wouldn’t expect it to actually happen at all this year (and if it did it’d probably be one of those LA dates they need to fill up).

idioteque...
10-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Its not even 10:50 and they finished the show? So weird.

gorast
10-14-2018, 09:50 PM
I Can't Give Everything Away came back? Really?

Very interested to see if he said anything before that was played.

imail724
10-14-2018, 10:27 PM
I Can't Give Everything Away came back? Really?

Very interested to see if he said anything before that was played.Something along the lines of "last time we played this I said we wouldn't play it again. I meant that at the time, but tonight just felt right. This is a song by our good friend David Bowie off his last record." Paraphrasing but that was the gist.

idioteque...
10-15-2018, 12:03 AM
Have the other non NYC shows been ending before 10:50? Surprised the shows today and yesterday ended at 10:45

bobbie solo
10-15-2018, 12:31 AM
How I felt after trolling us with not one but three potential album performances, and the early finish:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/files/2018/10/nineinchnails-radiocitymusichall-44.jpg

elevenism
10-15-2018, 12:45 AM
I'm kind of expecting a full album performance at one of those LA shows.

What would be REALLY fucking dope is MULTIPLE full album performances. I know that doesn't seem likely, but, on the other hand, what are they gonna do for the people who are going to all 6 shows?

fillow
10-15-2018, 12:54 AM
There's just no way they aren't considering playing TDS in full again at least once. They already learned 10/14 songs, and with gaps between the shows as big as this year, adding another 4 is hardly a problem.

Pbgut
10-15-2018, 01:11 AM
I had a great time again. I almost want to try to find a cheap last minute ticket for the Brooklyn shows, which is nuts because I already saw them twice.

Goddamn it, Trent.

Fucking Happiness in Slavery, The Becoming, Even Deeper AND La Mer? AND you pull out the Bowie cover you said you were retiring? AND The Fragile mini-set? Jeez.

As he said it was a "weird fucking setlist" but even though it was pretty unusual it was a great time again. It did seem to end a bit early but whatever.

klyrish
10-15-2018, 07:24 AM
Have the other non NYC shows been ending before 10:50? Surprised the shows today and yesterday ended at 10:45
That's about the time the Red Rocks and Phoenix shows ended as well. Second night at RR was done at like 9:45 but that's because of imminent weather so they moved the whole show up an hour (cut Tobacco entirely). Shows have been like 1:35-1:50 in length.

zaps30
10-15-2018, 07:47 AM
Please, no Fragile tease in Boston. Thank you.

idioteque...
10-15-2018, 10:44 AM
That's about the time the Red Rocks and Phoenix shows ended as well. Second night at RR was done at like 9:45 but that's because of imminent weather so they moved the whole show up an hour (cut Tobacco entirely). Shows have been like 1:35-1:50 in length.

Ugh that sucks especially with the cost of these shows and knowing NIN could even play more songd

Helpmeiaminhell
10-15-2018, 12:10 PM
How about PHM live beginning to end......Would love to hear the 2018 versions of 'Ringfinger' and 'Thats What I Get' and even 'Kinda, I Want To"..

botley
10-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Something along the lines of "last time we played this I said we wouldn't play it again. I meant that at the time, but tonight just felt right. This is a song by our good friend David Bowie off his last record." Paraphrasing but that was the gist.
Yeah he also mentioned that it was because they were in New York, so that was part of the reason. It sounded so great, people were quiet near me on the 2nd Mezz and you could hear all the little extra synth bloops. I closed my eyes and pretended Bowie was there... :(

center27j
10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
with all the deep cuts getting play, does anyone know why "down in it" (which isnt even a "deep cut") never gets any airtime? does he have a specific aversion to this song?

sweeterthan
10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
with all the deep cuts getting play, does anyone know why "down in it" (which isnt even a "deep cut") never gets any airtime? does he have a specific aversion to this song?

My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.

gardenia_spectre
10-15-2018, 05:10 PM
My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.. I seem to remember hearing it at a Terminal 5 show.

snichols
10-15-2018, 06:16 PM
i think that since it is the 30th anniverary of the down in it single we are bound to see it performed at some point this tour. maybe he is just saving it for a certain date? or maybe if he saves it for the end of the tour he will only have to play it once? haha

sweeterthan
10-15-2018, 06:39 PM
. I seem to remember hearing it at a Terminal 5 show.

9 years ago...

trollmanen
10-15-2018, 07:37 PM

Both DC shows went past 11. Night 1 didn't start til 9:35. and Night 2 started at 9:45.

Krazy
10-15-2018, 07:41 PM

My guess is our dear 52 (53?) year old Trent Reznor doesn’t want to do his 20 year old white boy rap anymore.

Im pretty sure it was during the Minneapolis LITS show, him saying how “Here’s the song that started the rock rap genre”, or something to that effect.

Would be a better live song if they stayed more true to the original production, ala The Great Destroyer. Hammer the crowd with a bunch of subwoofers.

Helpmeiaminhell
10-15-2018, 07:46 PM

Of all the PHM songs played live over the years, that one has probably been played more than any other song not named "Terrible Lie" or "HLAH" so I doubt he has an aversion to it.....Especially compared to other PHM songs that have been abandoned for over 2 decades (Ringfinger/Thats What I Get/Kinda, I Want To/The Only Time).....I am more curious as to why "Sin" has been forgotten about, especially considering it was played played at 90% of the shows from 89-07 and then just abandoned (save for a few one-off appearances from 08-09)...And how many times are we going to do "The Only Time' breakdown in "Closer' without playing the full fucking song

m0reta
10-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Oh DII will be played.

It will.

There are *six* shows just in LA. :-D Gotta whip that puppy out at some point.

Figure other stuff will come back that haven't been up yet...Deep for instance. Hope that one shows up in NOLA, it's real, true home.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Oh DII will be played.

It will.

Figure other stuff will come back that haven't been up yet...Deep for instance. Hope that one shows up in NOLA, it's real, true home.

Come to think of it, the last time I personally saw it played live was in 2009...in Chicago...at the Aragon Ballroom...*coughcough*

sweeterthan
10-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Oh DII will be played.

It will.

You’re right. He has no choice that week.

SM Rollinger
10-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Im not getting my hopes up for anything special in Chicago after Riotfest last year.

With Saul Williams... NOTHING

Ooooooo, Trent and Al could team up for SUPERNAUT! NOTHING!!

New Order plays right before NIN, bring on Dead Souls! NO, NO, NOTHING!

Come on, like a quarter of the crowd was either in NIN, Skinny Puppy or Ministry shirts, who do you think they were there to see?

implanted_microchip
10-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Im not getting my hopes up for anything special in Chicago after Riotfest last year.

With Saul Williams... NOTHING

Ooooooo, Trent and Al could team up for SUPERNAUT! NOTHING!!

New Order plays right before NIN, bring on Dead Souls! NO, NO, NOTHING!

Come on, like a quarter of the crowd was either in NIN, Skinny Puppy or Ministry shirts, who do you think they were there to see?

Trent has made it clear as recently as this summer that he approaches festival setlists differently from headlining shows and the Europe fest sets vs. Vegas and Cold and Black dates this year prove that. Saul protested performing by only doing poetry so I think he would have said no anyway, rehearsing Supernaut with Al would have probably been impossible and they still debuted Background World at that show and did the Somewhat Damaged/TDTWWA encore opener combo.

We’re almost guaranteed to see The Perfect Drug, Happiness in Slavery and potentially Last, Now I’m Nothing, Mr. Self Destruct, The Becoming, Suck, Dead Souls, Physical, Home, La Mer and All the Love in the World between the 3 shows there. I’ve always been one to complain about setlists but come on. They’re playing more songs this tour than they did on NINJA. At this point, any other big surprises are nothing but extra. I’d love to see Down in It and Sin come back and for Ruiner and some more Fragile and With Teeth deep cuts and I’ve still never seen In This Twilight but I’m not going to be griping at all about the sets next week, all of these shows are fucking stacked. I’m even considering selling off some of my collection to see more dates. This is a special run with the craziest sets since 2009.

And seriously, I can’t believe how quickly people are glossing over TPD being a staple. That alone makes this worth every penny to me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-15-2018, 10:59 PM
And seriously, I can’t believe how quickly people are glossing over TPD being a staple. That alone makes this worth every penny to me.

I have absolutely every intention of being close enough to stage to nearly be squished to death when TPD inevitably (hopefully?) pops up in Chicago. It’s weird to be able to say that.

The most exciting thing for me between those three nights, it’s safe to assume we’ll have 60-65 songs, with minimal overlap in songs played night to night judging from how the other multi-night stops have gone. That leaves room for so many other songs to get in, but if I’m being honest - even if it’s just aaall the songs they’ve played on this tour up to this point, I’d be beyond pleased with that. Seeing two shows wasn’t enough, and I have a feeling that even after Chicago there will still probably be a couple of songs I never got to catch between FIVE shows. *shrug*

That final pair of LA dates conveniently timed in mid-December are still looming in the background, though. Waiting for me to bounce back financially from these shows and be ready to blow my money again...

Is this your plan, Reznor? Make me spend my money and travel and meet people and have great experiences?? Because..it’s working!

bobbie solo
10-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Yes let's please not gloss over the insanity of TPD being played live every few nights. The drum solo completely brought down the house Saturday at Radio City. People were losing their minds.

streetman
10-16-2018, 01:31 AM

Plenty of the songs he's doing right now are essentially rap songs. Ahead of Ourselves and Me, I'm Not, Survivalism, etc.

nooneimportant
10-16-2018, 02:36 AM
Down In It is probably my most listened to NIN song. It manages to sound like a hip-hop jam from 1989 while also not sounding like it at the same time and I love that shit. I love the live version even more. It sounds aggressive like NIN but it maintains it's weird 90's vibe much like Sin did and I think it's why those songs stood the test of time for live shows.

I really think that something like That's What I Get or Ringfinger would be fantastic today.

mauro995
10-16-2018, 06:23 AM
This song hasn't sound this good since 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REdjY_KEAU

WorzelG
10-16-2018, 07:36 AM
I'm obsessed with the run of Shit Mirror to God Break Down the Door from the Mad Cool Festival - so glad this performance was professionally filmed and available. Really really hoping some of the US run will have some more official releases because instagram videos and iphone recordings just aren't up to the job although the video of Perfect Drug was amazing (also I know the audio for a lot of them is on ninlive but I really think the video has to be there for full effect). Has anyone seen any great video footage of these songs with Trent playing sax and a great sound?

https://youtu.be/Q-toDadYqq8?t=1750

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-16-2018, 07:44 AM
I'm obsessed with the run of Shit Mirror to God Break Down the Door from the Mad Cool Festival - so glad this performance was professionally filmed and available. Really really hoping some of the US run will have some more official releases because instagram videos and iphone recordings just aren't up to the job although the video of Perfect Drug was amazing (also I know the audio for a lot of them is on ninlive but I really think the video has to be there for full effect). Has anyone seen any great video footage of these songs with Trent playing sax and a great sound?

https://youtu.be/Q-toDadYqq8?t=1750

I have no idea how, but I had no clue that this video existed. Holy shit. I want to take a whole day off work just to watch!

ryanmcfly
10-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Down In It is probably my most listened to NIN song. It manages to sound like a hip-hop jam from 1989 while also not sounding like it at the same time and I love that shit. I love the live version even more. It sounds aggressive like NIN but it maintains it's weird 90's vibe much like Sin did and I think it's why those songs stood the test of time for live shows.

I really think that something like That's What I Get or Ringfinger would be fantastic today.

I think Sin and Down in It are strong possibilities on this tour. Idk if Trent wants to sing "Now I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry" at age 53... Would be amusing for sure though.

WorzelG
10-16-2018, 09:30 AM
I have no idea how, but I had no clue that this video existed. Holy shit. I want to take a whole day off work just to watch!
It's the only European festival that was streamed so some people captured the stream, you should check out the Downloads thread though as I'm sure people from ETS were trying to capture a TV stream from Spanish TV at some point, the full thing might be on ninlive in the best format as audio and video (this version has quite a few cut outs so there may be a better version out there)

Helpmeiaminhell
10-16-2018, 11:52 AM
It's the only European festival that was streamed so some people captured the stream, you should check out the Downloads thread though as I'm sure people from ETS were trying to capture a TV stream from Spanish TV at some point, the full thing might be on ninlive in the best format as audio and video (this version has quite a few cut outs so there may be a better version out there)

Theres a 1080 HD TV broadcast of it floating around out there, no dropouts or anything.....It was on dime last month

idioteque...
10-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Looks like I am going to take a huge hit tomorrow.

Can’t believe no one wanted to buy a GA for faceZ. Meanwhile stubhub is smoothly moving tickets for $300 post fees

ricardo
10-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Apologies if this was posted already. But even if it's a repost, it's still fucking amazing. Best recording of TPD so far IMO and Reptile sounds great. Love Robin backing vocals at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ2MRpNcT6U

WorzelG
10-16-2018, 12:43 PM

Can’t believe no one wanted to buy a GA for faceZ. Meanwhile stubhub is smoothly moving tickets for $300 post fees
Where have you tried to sell them?

idioteque...
10-16-2018, 12:46 PM
Where have you tried to sell them?

i tried the event page here multiple
times, facebook, and reddit. Everytime i find a buyer they balk at the price and one guy was going to buy them last night and then he didnt have enough money.

Same shit happened to me during tension. I took a hit night 2

bobbie solo
10-16-2018, 01:45 PM
I realized today if they play Ruiner tonight or tomorrow that will be enough for me. Arguably the pinnacle of Trent's work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDbzhw7JOo

idioteque...
10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
times, facebook, and reddit. Everytime i find a buyer they balk at the price and one guy was going to buy them last night and then he didnt have enough money.

Well looks like TM switched 1 ticket for tomorrow for tonight. I didn't save any money but I get 2 shows at least. Jeeze I hate to look at my wallet right now.

ryanmcfly
10-16-2018, 03:18 PM
I realized today if they play Ruiner tonight or tomorrow that will be enough for me. Arguably the pinnacle of Trent's work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDbzhw7JOo

Ruiner is honestly the main one I want to see now that I've seen HIS.

zecho
10-16-2018, 04:11 PM
This song hasn't sound this good since 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REdjY_KEAU

How can you tell? The audio is like treble static.

trollmanen
10-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Theres a 1080 HD TV broadcast of it floating around out there, no dropouts or anything.....It was on dime last month

That version has yet to be hosted on ninlive. Unfortunately, I lost access to my Dime account due to inactivity and it being so old that I no longer have the email I used to sign up. I'm hoping that the no-dropout version gets hosted, I'd love to just get the audio from it.

R-Dot-Yung
10-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Damn I was hoping for Terrible Lie tomorrow but he played it tonight according to Setlist.fm

edit: FUCK and Something I Can Never Have

Wow...Brooklyn Night 1 is a really great set...

Krazy
10-16-2018, 08:44 PM

Is there a reason you didn’t put the spare ticket(s) on StubHub?...

tricil
10-16-2018, 09:22 PM
58 in total on the year. I would imagine some of the songs that were played in the summer would make to the fall tour. These songs are:
Even Deeper
The Big Come Down
I Do Not Want This
Terrible Lie
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Something I Can Never Have
I Can't Give Everything Away (trent said they were going to stop playing it when they last played it, so this one seems unlikely)
Digital

as of Brooklyn night 1’s debut of IDNWT and SICNH and ICGEA at Radio city all of these have been played. Since this post, Dear World, Now I’m Nothing, The Becoming, and La Mer have debuted

implanted_microchip
10-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Wow so now they’ve covered all songs from the Vegas/Europe/Asia tours. Is this the most amount of songs in one tour aside from Wave Goodbye since 2007?

tricil
10-16-2018, 09:30 PM
Wow so now they’ve covered all songs from the Vegas/Europe/Asia tours. Is this the most amount of songs in one tour aside from Wave Goodbye since 2007?

CBI: 62
Wave goodbye: 69

implanted_microchip
10-16-2018, 09:40 PM
CBI: 62
Wave goodbye: 69
Which is why I said “aside from Wave Goodbye”

tricil
10-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Which is why I said “other than Wave Goodbye”

oh understood and you’re correct. Was just pointing out that it’s not far off from Wave Goodbye which btw was Nine Years Ago.

SarahConnor
10-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I watched in in real time, it was a fucking blast. I’m tempted to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, anew. They’d better tour in the spring.

Tumnayar
10-16-2018, 10:01 PM
I love love love these setlists, can't wait for Vegas.....hope for Not Anymore, The Idea of You, The Great Below, AATCHB along with TPD and HIS

Esperanzan
10-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Wow, 5 PHM era songs.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I watched in in real time, it was a fucking blast. I’m tempted to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, anew.

I’ll be driving right past you from Lawrence through KC on my way there! I’m crazy and have zero problems with driving 8-9 hours. ^^’

idioteque...
10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Is there a reason you didn’t put the spare ticket(s) on StubHub?...

well i did this week but originally everyone was selling under face value there but with stubhub fees it ended up costing people the same. No one is going to py over $300

sick among the pure
10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
I am dead. I have died. I love you all. Holy shit.

idioteque...
10-16-2018, 11:02 PM
I have to complain about one thing, if youre in GA have some respect towards your fellow fans.

this one dude was forcing himself into me the whole, i could feel his fat sweaty stomach, I gave him the doubt because crowds can be tight. Then NIN comes on and hes bumping and hitting me. I already have no where else to fo so i politely tell him, I know you’re enjoying the show but can you just move back a little, youre hitting me”

fuck face goes I don’t care I am not moving anywhere. I lost my cool and he goes its a concert you want to start trouble. I paid a lot of money for this shit and came early to stand close and I am not in the mood to punch this asshole in the face. Thankfully another fan came in and told him to fuck off and then he calmed down.

who the fuck does that? It really wrecked my mood in the beginning. Thankfully some polite people next to me but they were getting pushed around by dumbasses. Like form a mosh in the middle or the back. Alot of people here came early to enjoy the show and watch the musicians.

like how shitty can you be?

i am sorry I had to vent. I expected class from people dishing a lot of money, instead assholes with money showed up. The worst kind.

The band was great. Love those guys

Sarah K
10-16-2018, 11:11 PM
Every fucking time I think that it can't get any better.

And then it does.

R-Dot-Yung
10-16-2018, 11:13 PM

And then it does.

I am really so jealous of tonight...I hope tomorrow can match it but since they don't repeat songs night after night I have no idea what they'll do.

joplinpicasso
10-16-2018, 11:13 PM
I did not know that I wanted I Do Not Want This as much as I did until I had it. Hope that makes sense. The whole setlist was cool, unexpected, very in-your-face. Was happy to take my bro and his gf.

imail724
10-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Have they played She's Gone Away yet this tour? Hoping to get that one tomorrow.

Deacon Blackfire
10-17-2018, 02:03 AM

And then it does.

We're living at a point when basically everything sucks but at least it's an amazing goddamned time to be a NIN fan.

Have they played She's Gone Away yet this tour? Hoping to get that one tomorrow.

That would make me so happy but it seems unlikely - the only time they've performed it yet is when it made its live debut, at the Webster Hall show the day after Panorama in 2017, and the fact it hasn't appeared since then makes me think Trent was unsatisfied with how it transitioned to a live performance. Hopefully they try it again! If they don't, they could always try The Idea Of You...

witte
10-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Please, hopefully more TF tracks :) For the rest no complies.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

henryeatscereal
10-17-2018, 08:39 AM
I just want two songs: "The Perfect Drug" and "Dear World" (But i can live with "Branches/Bones" instead...)

cdm
10-17-2018, 09:29 AM
After 3 nights in NYC they still have 16 songs to pull from based on those previously played on this tour. That is pretty impressive.

ryanmcfly
10-17-2018, 09:40 AM

Nope. Webster Hall last year is still the only time that one's been played.

edit. Someone beat me to it.

implanted_microchip
10-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Happiness in Slavery, The Becoming, The Perfect Drug, Now I’m Nothing and Mr. Self Destruct being regular alternating staples in 2018 blows me away.

R-Dot-Yung
10-17-2018, 09:43 AM
After 3 nights in NYC they still have 16 songs to pull from based on those previously played on this tour. That is pretty impressive.

What songs are those...asking for a friend ;)

cdm
10-17-2018, 09:49 AM
What songs are those...asking for a friend ;)

Haha.

Letting you
Me Im not
Dear World
Branches Bones
Eraser
Suck
Big Comedown
Last
Physical
Good Soldier
Background World
A Warm Place
Came Back Haunted

Parasite
Dead Souls

Oooooooor maybe they could debut another song like Heresy or Ruiner or Pilgrimage or The Mark Has Been Made or....something like that.

Nellyrific
10-17-2018, 11:26 AM
The list of songs I want to hear can get pretty damn long but I was thinking today about how much I’d love to hear Non-Entity again.

R-Dot-Yung
10-17-2018, 11:27 AM
The list of songs I want to hear can get pretty damn long but I was thinking today about how much I’d love to hear Non-Entity again.

Non-Entity is definitely one of my favorite NIN songs. Crazy that the studio version almost never saw the light of day.

Helpmeiaminhell
10-17-2018, 12:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Qv2FZGozI

some dude uploaded some pretty cool vids of last nights show

bassman72
10-17-2018, 01:21 PM
New user, longtime lurker. Psyched for Kings Theater tonight. Never been there, but looks gorgeous.

Does anyone know how strict they are about the "no backpacks" rule? I will be going straight from work, so was planning to bring that bag with me, Is that verboten?

Obligatory: Hoping they play Just Like You Imagined, but not counting on it.

ricardo
10-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Trent reaching some high notes on I Do Not Want This and sounding very good. Amazing. Really impressed by his voice this year.

gardenia_spectre
10-17-2018, 05:23 PM
New user, longtime lurker. Psyched for Kings Theater tonight. Never been there, but looks gorgeous.

Does anyone know how strict they are about the "no backpacks" rule? I will be going straight from work, so was planning to bring that bag with me, Is that verboten?

Obligatory: Hoping they play Just Like You Imagined, but not counting on it. I too have never been to Kings and while my backpack is within their size limits, I just saw they say, "no laptops, no tablets." What I can't carry my ipad in my purse? Does anyone know if they enforce this?

somewhat_
10-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Broken again? (minus pinion)

gorast
10-17-2018, 08:44 PM
If Pinion is pre-recorded it might have just been left out of the reported setlist. It's even the bonus tracks, so I don't see why Pinion would be left out.

zecho
10-17-2018, 08:47 PM
I too have never been to Kings and while my backpack is within their size limits, I just saw they say, "no laptops, no tablets." What I can't carry my ipad in my purse? Does anyone know if they enforce this?

Are you being sarcastic? Why would you bring an iPad to a concert?

somewhat_
10-17-2018, 08:51 PM
If Pinion is pre-recorded it might have just been left out of the reported setlist. It's even the bonus tracks, so I don't see why Pinion would be left out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181018/9a0511029f89fd5d9268c47f0599ced4.png

tricil
10-17-2018, 08:51 PM

Tonight was the Fireman intro into Branches/Bones then Wish

Freakasaurus
10-17-2018, 08:52 PM
I have to complain about one thing, if youre in GA have some respect towards your fellow fans.

this one dude was forcing himself into me the whole, i could feel his fat sweaty stomach, I gave him the doubt because crowds can be tight. Then NIN comes on and hes bumping and hitting me. I already have no where else to fo so i politely tell him, I know you’re enjoying the show but can you just move back a little, youre hitting me”

fuck face goes I don’t care I am not moving anywhere. I lost my cool and he goes its a concert you want to start trouble. I paid a lot of money for this shit and came early to stand close and I am not in the mood to punch this asshole in the face. Thankfully another fan came in and told him to fuck off and then he calmed down.

who the fuck does that? It really wrecked my mood in the beginning. Thankfully some polite people next to me but they were getting pushed around by dumbasses. Like form a mosh in the middle or the back. Alot of people here came early to enjoy the show and watch the musicians.

like how shitty can you be?

i am sorry I had to vent. I expected class from people dishing a lot of money, instead assholes with money showed up. The worst kind.

The band was great. Love those guys

Were you near the front of GA towards the left if you're facing the stage? That's where me and my friend were and we had some jackass starting trouble behind us. Eventually I had to really get in this guy's face to get him to back the F off. Both me and my friend are pretty big guys so, despite the guy being a complete moron, I think his survival instincts kicked in and he finally backed off. It was weird that the mosh pit kept forming right behind us near the front. Got annoying at times, but I expect some physicality in GA at a NIN show. To be honest, I did appreciate the mosh pit's location when "Wish" came on :)

Beautiful venue and a GREAT show. I enjoyed this much more than the show at the Prudential Center a few years ago with those R&B back-up singers or whatever that was (those lighting and effects were amazing though). THIS was NIN. I loved it. The only thing I wish they would've played was "Sin" but I was very happy with what they did play.

gorast
10-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Okay, I get it, I was just bringing up the possibility that Pinion had been played pre-recorded between Branches/Bones and Wish, but clearly it wasn't.

tricil
10-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Okay, I get it, I was just bringing up the possibility that Pinion had been played pre-recorded between Branches/Bones and Wish, but clearly it wasn't.
I feel you. Sort of like how they came out of the greater good in 2008

tricil
10-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Shit mirror works as en encore song

gorast
10-17-2018, 09:40 PM
This set is aggressive as shit, lmao. I would be so hype for the encore to start with Shit Mirror.

tricil
10-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Haha.

Letting you
Me Im not
Dear World
1000000 (tel:1000000)
Branches Bones
Eraser
Suck
Big Comedown
Last
Physical
Good Soldier
Background World
A Warm Place
Came Back Haunted
Parasite
Dead Souls

Oooooooor maybe they could debut another song like Heresy or Ruiner or Pilgrimage or The Mark Has Been Made or....something like that.

NYC got 54/62 songs

Esperanzan
10-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Just looking at the setlist now and damn that must have been a high energy show. Aggressive song after aggressive song, particularly in the main set. Then opening the encore with Shit Mirror...

sick among the pure
10-17-2018, 10:27 PM
Even the seats were moving all night. It was an amazing set!

sweeterthan
10-17-2018, 10:30 PM
The return of TBW. ❤️

Tumnayar
10-17-2018, 10:54 PM

No Pinion with Broken?! wtf!

gardenia_spectre
10-17-2018, 11:10 PM
Are you being sarcastic? Why would you bring an iPad to a concert? Not being sarcastic. Some of us come to concerts directly from work so I would usually have a laptop and a tablet. I need both to work on my commute.

gardenia_spectre
10-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Just looking at the setlist now and damn that must have been a high energy show. Aggressive song after aggressive song, particularly in the main set. Then opening the encore with Shit Mirror... Yes indeed. I did 3/4 shows in NYC and what with Broken it couldn’t help but be high energy and old school NIN. Each show was very different and yet wonderful. I was in the second row just behind GA so particularly felt the energy but the whole theater was moving. TR was quite jolly. TR kept threatening to return soon. And said things like “We should do this more often.” Said he had to think of something sad to bring down his good mood to sing Even Deeper.

joplinpicasso
10-17-2018, 11:25 PM
I was not ready for thar much aggression. Also, I would not have believed you if you told me that in 2018 I'd hear NIN play HiS or TPD. So fucking cool. The band sounds tighter than ever.

bassman72
10-17-2018, 11:27 PM
Not being sarcastic. Some of us come to concerts directly from work so I would usually have a laptop and a tablet. I need both to work on my commute.

Seconded from another working stiff. I wound up leaving most of my stuff at work, and just brought my book for the subway ride.

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 12:07 AM
Were you near the front of GA towards the left if you're facing the stage? That's where me and my friend were and we had some jackass starting trouble behind us. Eventually I had to really get in this guy's face to get him to back the F off. Both me and my friend are pretty big guys so, despite the guy being a complete moron, I think his survival instincts kicked in and he finally backed off. It was weird that the mosh pit kept forming right behind us near the front. Got annoying at times, but I expect some physicality in GA at a NIN show. To be honest, I did appreciate the mosh pit's location when "Wish" came on :)

Beautiful venue and a GREAT show. I enjoyed this much more than the show at the Prudential Center a few years ago with those R&B back-up singers or whatever that was (those lighting and effects were amazing though). THIS was NIN. I loved it. The only thing I wish they would've played was "Sin" but I was very happy with what they did play.

I was between Robin, That tall ass black security guard with dreads. I think more right but i saw the mosh happening om the left that night, it ws absurd.

BUT TONIGHTS CROWD WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I came early as usual and got a great spot and met some awesome cool NIN fans and we all talked about the band and the annoying mosh pitters. I thought we were all safe, but all these fucking morons came out of nowhere and moshed. Fat bitches, dude bros, old fat dudes (like biggest loser fat) are crushing me against a rail (i was 3 rows behind the rail already)

i became the man from the broken music video through out that entire album. I didn’t even get to enjoy Gave Up, its one of my fav NIN somgs and I am being pummeled. Some guy was laughing and moshing and telling people its pit, i said dude keep the mosh on your side and he gives me a finger and I had to yell at him. Someone had to calm me down. Really pissed because that was an awesome setlist

Then I went to the back to relax and enjoy. Could barely see but still its NIN. Theres some tall bearded dude walking in front of people bumping into them and hes being pushed away by everyone like a fly. He was so out of it and someone hgave him beer and weed =|

and dude bros yelling HEAD LIKE A HOLE, no shit sherlock he ends the main set with that somg EVERY FUCKING TIME FOR THE PAST 20 years. You stupid fuck.

and some bitch yells Closer during Hurt, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE END WITH CLOSER? This isn’t a jam show.

I had more fun at Prudential (though that crowd was trashier than NYC) moshing during a light show? Come on now. But i got a good view and had an absolute blast and wasn’t disturbed.

i feel a little irritated that I and many others dropped tons of money for a band that means a lot to us, and a bunch of drunk assholes who probably haven’t listened to an album besides Downward Spiral being so disrespectful.

i like to be in the front because i love seeing the musicianship, and I couldn’t get that today.

thats just my rant.

one of the worst crowds I have been in.

BTW i loved those back up singers, they added such a gravitas to the songs and brought in a whole new side of NIN.

Hopefully NIN does an orchestra tour next like Reznor hinted years ago.

And tonight was an awesome set list too, sort of bittersweet.

idioteque...
10-18-2018, 12:09 AM
Just looking at the setlist now and damn that must have been a high energy show. Aggressive song after aggressive song, particularly in the main set. Then opening the encore with Shit Mirror...

Sadly pit had asshole energy. =\