PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Haysey_Draws
09-20-2018, 03:40 AM
And there was me thinking getting Royal Festival Hall tickets and an extended Fragile set would have been the most WTF thing of the tour, you people in the states are getting some absolute MAGIC!

...at this rate we might even get...Purest Feeling?!

Kyle
09-20-2018, 04:10 AM
So, confirmed? This is not their final tour. Key words: "rest of our years"
So, we have plenty more years of touring NIN!

On a more serious note than my last response, I'm not sure where the final tour stuff is coming from when in one of those Beats One interviews he said he wants NIN to be a band that tours more regularly but with shorter tours so he doesn't get burnt out. I know he's playing crazy setlists but remember in 2007 when he played things like Last and WITT that gave us conniptions? He basically didn't stop touring after that until 2009.

fillow
09-20-2018, 04:26 AM
How many songs did these guys rehearse!? Holy shit... I know last night got the perfect drug, but honestly... tonight's setlist wins the tour so far! Holy shit.
58 different songs already performed in 2018.
Then there's also She's Gone Away, the only song from 2017 tour they didn't play this year (yet).

elevenism
09-20-2018, 05:01 AM
Hell yeah fillow .

Also, I was just thinking, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only songs played both nights at Red Rocks were Hurt and HLAH, meaning we got 39 unique songs, right?

FULLMETAL
09-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Never in a million years would I have thought “Happiness In Slavery” & “All The Love In The World” would be played at the same NIN performance. Seems like this tour is rewarding folks who braved the Physical World presale.

I REALLY wish NIN would pull a Peter Gabriel & sell nightly concert recordings.

fragility3.1
09-20-2018, 06:18 AM

100% agree and I’d be all over that, but my wallet would HATE me.

elevenism
09-20-2018, 06:55 AM
I can't imagine what the longer runs will be like.

Also, this tour needs a fucking DVD boxed set.

poro765
09-20-2018, 07:37 AM
i can't imagine what the longer runs will be like.

Also, this tour needs a fucking blu-ray boxed set.
ftfy.

zaps30
09-20-2018, 07:45 AM
4 shows, 5 songs from the Fragile. I hope he's saving them all for the Boston shows! :D

themethatyouknow
09-20-2018, 09:33 AM
So, confirmed? This is not their final tour. Key words: "rest of our years"
So, we have plenty more years of touring NIN!

Well technically, this does confirm that this is the last "Tour". They'll be playing more shows for years, but won't be moving around. ;)

cdm
09-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Thanks @teitan (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=109). Please play again at some point during your 5 days in NYC. All The Love In The World too? Sure why not, that song is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm more curious to see this festival setlist than I have been in a very, very long time. If he's willing to play some of these older gems this tour, alot of them would work just dandy at a festival. A festival/casual crowd would be into songs like Mr. Self Destruct, Happiness & especially The Perfect Drug (was a single).

After seeing these setlists I'm seriously considering picking up a ticket for the other Brooklyn show. Bigtime FOMO.

Bachy
09-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Just watched the video of HIS from the first show of the tour. Maybe it's because I was there, but it definitely sounded much better last night. Trent did not hold back on the screams at the end. He did have some help from the megaphone of course. God, that show was something special. Would have loved to have gotten "Shit Mirror," but considering I got to experience HIS, Dead Souls, AND All The Love In the World, I really don't have much to complain about.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-20-2018, 11:07 AM
I didn't think it was the last tour until recently. Between the career spanning deep cuts setlists, him telling the crowd at Mad Cool it may be his last show in Europe ever, the 6 night residency to in LA to finish the tour (same way he ended the Wave Goodbye tour)...Even the symmetry of touring with the Mary Chain (the first band NIN ever went on tour with...and the last?).......I dont think its the end of NIN as a whole, I can def see him still releasing NIN music....But as a live vehicle, I am starting to think this is it

imail724
09-20-2018, 11:48 AM
After seeing these setlists I'm seriously considering picking up a ticket for the other Brooklyn show. Bigtime FOMO.
Same. I currently only have a ticket for the Sunday Radio City show, but I think I'll sorely regret not going to at least one of the of the others.

r_k_f
09-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Same. I currently only have a ticket for the Sunday Radio City show, but I think I'll sorely regret not going to at least one of the of the others.

I figured i'd regret not going to one of each of the NY shows. Luckily my wife felt the same way and I wasn't stabbed over the amount of $$ I spent lol

gorny540
09-20-2018, 12:50 PM
So no MOTP last night, that legit might've been the first full length headlining show that it hasn't been played at since I don't know 2000?

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Never thought I'd see people be hype about getting, now rare, WT tracks live. Feeling lucky now as it definitely has some gems.

Considering getting tickets for the last 2 L.A. shows.

I didn't think it was the last tour until recently. Between the career spanning deep cuts setlists, him telling the crowd at Mad Cool it may be his last show in Europe ever, the 6 night residency to in LA to finish the tour (same way he ended the Wave Goodbye tour)...Even the symmetry of touring with the Mary Chain (the first band NIN ever went on tour with...and the last?).......I dont think its the end of NIN as a whole, I can def see him still releasing NIN music....But as a live vehicle, I am starting to think this is it
Had not thought about it that way. Hmm...

Tbh, looking back at Wave Goodbye Tour, it didn't feel like bye for good. More like, I need a long break."

xolotl
09-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Tbh, looking back at Wave Goodbye Tour, it didn't feel like bye for good. More like, I need a long break."[/FONT]

Wave Goodbye was even explicitly an "I need a long break" kind of thing, despite the name. TR was upfront about that in interviews or whatever at the time. I remember going into those knowing that he'd probably get back to it eventually.

I'm not personally worried about live NIN throwing in the towel after this tour, though I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck close to the major markets and didn't play much compared to their usual expansive tour schedule.

spiralout
09-20-2018, 01:23 PM
Wow, these setlists are something special. So glad the wife and I decided to buy tickets to night 2 at Radio City when we were originally just supposed to go to night 1 in Brooklyn.

sick among the pure
09-20-2018, 01:30 PM
https://youtu.be/ek17WmJGCo8

Slowly uploading some videos, I was ready before the encore started because you never fucking know now. Also got Trent’s talk about squatting at Red Rocks and the joke about the unpredictable setlists.
Phone didn’t want to re-focus for All a The Love In The World, but I left it in since it gets it eventually, plus the audio is decent for until we get the pro stuff.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-20-2018, 01:35 PM
I figured the easiest way to post here was to comb through posts from the last 24 hours and reply all at once, heh.

"So, we were talking backstage, and we decided we're going to move here. We're actually going to squat right here at Red Rocks. And were gonna take up a residency and play here for the rest of our years... so get comfortable."

I don't know if he understands, but if that were to happen, it would absolutely solidify my pre-existing plans to move to Colorado and I'd start making plans immediately. TRY ME, TRENT. I'll be at every show. I have a bigger feeling that he was saying that in slight jest, but at the same time...Shit, anything is possible in NIN land right now, and we're just starting the tour. Very curious to see what the next year or two brings.

Hell yeah @fillow (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=348) .

Also, I was just thinking, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only songs played both nights at Red Rocks were Hurt and HLAH, meaning we got 39 unique songs, right?

You bet your bippy, dude! These two shows might have been two of my favorites in all these years of seeing them. The first night was about 50% songs I'd never heard live, and the second was a three-way split between songs I'd seen multiple times, songs I haven't seen in YEARS, and songs I'd never heard live before. SO much material there, especially considering the modest setlist length. I'd actually given up thinking that I'd see "All The Love In The World" played live, to the point that it wasn't even on my radar. Lo and behold...Expectations are being set, and then being subverted in the absolute best way.

YEEESSS. Or, given such an extensive back-catalog of unreleased live material (both audio and video), I'd even be willing to pay monthly for an all-access "vault" style membership, with downloads and access to recording archives and what not. You KNOW it's all there, sitting. Both of these ideas would be a hell of a way to generate some extra income, especially if we may be seeing a "winding down" of sorts with NIN's touring habits in the coming years. I'd probably keep putting money into something like that for as long as it exists. Take my money!!

Also, this tour needs a fucking DVD boxed set.

Like I was saying last night, I don't know whether I'd rather see an HD release of this tour in black and white or in color. BOTH would be ideal. The video they were using for the screens was so intimate-feeling and crystal clear, and the stage setup is exactly what it needs to be to fit the mood and title of the current tour.

ManBurning
09-20-2018, 02:36 PM
https://youtu.be/ek17WmJGCo8

Slowly uploading some videos, I was ready before the encore started because you never fucking know now. Also got Trent’s talk about squatting at Red Rocks and the joke about the unpredictable setlists.
Phone didn’t want to re-focus for All a The Love In The World, but I left it in since it gets it eventually, plus the audio is decent for until we get the pro stuff.

Sweet, last night I was looking for a video of ATLITW. I was curious to hear how this version sounded without the female backup singers. Looks like Ally took the falsetto parts, that's what I figured would happen. I love Robin's raspy "Love in the world" yelling, and him playing the tambourine is just the cheery on top of this performance.

I also laughed at the "What could be next" part, haha. So funny.
Thanks for recording and posting!

klyrish
09-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Looks like Ally took the falsetto parts, that's what I figured would happen.
I saw Ilan singing the falsetto parts too on the in-house video during that part. He had a hanging microphone or something back there.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-20-2018, 03:46 PM
I didn't realize it until now, but Red Rocks got nearly all of the Add Violence EP, too, exception being "Not Anymore." Between the two nights, it certainly didn't FEEL like we got so much of the new material, but 2/5 of NTAE, 4/5 of AV, and 4/6 of BW really isn't bad at ALL, especially considering the closing tracks for all three were played, and that was what I was really hoping for most from that trilogy.

K-Rice
09-20-2018, 04:45 PM
I was just driving home while listening to Still and thought that with TPD being played, AATCHB is now very possible. I bet it would be amazing with Ilan on drums. I’m not giving my hopes up for it, but there is at least a chance now.

xolotl
09-20-2018, 06:50 PM
So I've had this sort of dream setlist in my head for awhile now, and had figured it was always just a pipe dream, but given the setlists this tour, and with this band, it seems like it might be within the realm of possibility. I figure by the time they swing around to Chicago, they'll probably be all warmed up and rarin' to try something a little different, so in case they've got some intern or something watching ETS, here's my humble request:

1. All of Pretty Hate Machine
2. All of Broken
3. All of The Downward Spiral

I figure at this point the band (and the audience) will be a bit tired, so I figure a 15, 20 minute break for bathrooms, gatorade, that kind of thing. Then back on to:

4. All of The Fragile
5. All of With Teeth
6. All of Year Zero

At this point I imagine all sides are gonna be feeling a bit of fatigue, which is good timing because we can all just chill out a little bit to

7. All of Ghosts

before taking another little bathroom/gatorade break. Then it's on to:

8. All of The Slip
9. All of Hesitation Marks
10. All of Not the Actual Events
11. All of ADD VIOLENCE
12. All of Bad Witch

Simple! I figure for the first encore they could do all the "original" stuff from Still/AATCHBd2, just as another little breather, before heading into the second encore, which'll start diving into their various soundtrack and b-side effords (so, y'know, Home, Dead Souls, Metal, Reptilian, 10 Miles High, Closer to God, A Violet Fluid, Deep, At the Heart of It All, Get Down Make Love, etc). Bring Mariqueen out for a few HTDA tracks as well. Close out the evening with The Perfect Drug and you're golden!

Which leaves them plenty of time for a bit of a snooze, some showers, and a couple meals before the next night's show.

So anyway, yeah, here's hoping a dream'll come true this time around. It's not like I'm asking for Purest Feeling or anything.

Shadaloo
09-20-2018, 06:59 PM
You'll have to excuse me but I just found out about TPD being played and...

This is a dream, Coop

We live inside a dream

Kyle
09-20-2018, 07:42 PM
So I've had this sort of dream setlist in my head for awhile now, and had figured it was always just a pipe dream, but given the setlists this tour, and with this band, it seems like it might be within the realm of possibility. I figure by the time they swing around to Chicago, they'll probably be all warmed up and rarin' to try something a little different, so in case they've got some intern or something watching ETS, here's my humble request:

1. All of Pretty Hate Machine
2. All of Broken
3. All of The Downward Spiral

I figure at this point the band (and the audience) will be a bit tired, so I figure a 15, 20 minute break for bathrooms, gatorade, that kind of thing. Then back on to:

4. All of The Fragile
5. All of With Teeth
6. All of Year Zero

At this point I imagine all sides are gonna be feeling a bit of fatigue, which is good timing because we can all just chill out a little bit to

7. All of Ghosts

before taking another little bathroom/gatorade break. Then it's on to:

8. All of The Slip
9. All of Hesitation Marks
10. All of Not the Actual Events
11. All of ADD VIOLENCE
12. All of Bad Witch

Simple! I figure for the first encore they could do all the "original" stuff from Still/AATCHBd2, just as another little breather, before heading into the second encore, which'll start diving into their various soundtrack and b-side effords (so, y'know, Home, Dead Souls, Metal, Reptilian, 10 Miles High, Closer to God, A Violet Fluid, Deep, At the Heart of It All, Get Down Make Love, etc). Bring Mariqueen out for a few HTDA tracks as well. Close out the evening with The Perfect Drug and you're golden!

Which leaves them plenty of time for a bit of a snooze, some showers, and a couple meals before the next night's show.

So anyway, yeah, here's hoping a dream'll come true this time around. It's not like I'm asking for Purest Feeling or anything.

you forgot Fixed

poro765
09-20-2018, 08:03 PM
You'll have to excuse me but I just found out about TPD being played and...

This is a dream, Coop

We live inside a dream
Is it fuutuuure or is it past?

K-Rice
09-20-2018, 08:12 PM
I just noticed The Big Comedown hasn’t been played recently. It seemed to become a staple the last few tours. I’m not complaining since I’ve seen it I think every show I’ve been to. I would like to see other Fragile songs get some love like The Fragile, WITT, Great Below, Just Like You Imagined, Into the Void, or The Mark Has Been Made. Or just play the whole album ;)

xolotl
09-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Real talk rather than my absurdity above: I wonder what the chances are that we'll ever hear Closer to God again. They played it during Outside, so it's not entirely out of the question, but I'd consider it a longer shot than most. That version's legit been on my "would just die to hear" list for just about my whole fanhood.

idioteque...
09-20-2018, 09:35 PM
I just noticed The Big Comedown hasn’t been played recently. It seemed to become a staple the last few tours. I’m not complaining since I’ve seen it I think every show I’ve been to. I would like to see other Fragile songs get some love like The Fragile, WITT, Great Below, Just Like You Imagined, Into the Void, or The Mark Has Been Made. Or just play the whole album ;)

What about “No You Don’t” “Where is Everybody?” And “Please”

Those songs would sound amazing live and havent been played since 2006 maybe longer? WIE never got played live too.

idioteque...
09-20-2018, 09:38 PM
I also want to hear “Kinda i want too” “Down in It” and “Thats What i get” live. Especially since the “I don’t relate to those songs” excuse doesn’t matter anymore. Would be nice to have Sin return as well.

idioteque...
09-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Last post to my trio of poss but I hope We’re in This Together & Perfect Drug get dropped last might of brooklyn. Wanted to see those songs live all my life. Doubt I can afford two NYC shows this year which sucks with this whole deepcuts tour

Sandy Phimester
09-21-2018, 01:57 AM
I’m just so damn hopeful they do a tour like this with some dates in Canada. There’s so many songs I want to see live that they’re doing right now. Very impressed with this so far. I’m sure this is way more fun for Trent as well.

And more With Teeth cuts! Love that album to bits

just a fantastic thing right now!

Haysey_Draws
09-21-2018, 02:36 AM
This is turning out to be a very special tour!

If we're talking about songs we'd like to see now TPD is out, i'd throw the Still version of The Fragile, AATCHB, The Idea of You and for a really left field suggestion..Tetsuo Theme from the Bullet Man!

Kyle
09-21-2018, 03:06 AM
Now that The Perfect Drug has been played, I think AATCHB will take its place on the wishlists

nooneimportant
09-21-2018, 05:10 AM
I bet The Great Below is going to show up. It was on the setist for the final Wave Goodbye show but wasn't played. AATCHB was rehearsed at this time too.

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/royjbiz/2009-09-11%20TO%20NY%20WI%20LA/WilternSetlist.jpg

elevenism
09-21-2018, 07:46 AM
I don't think this tour is really spoilable, except if people don't want to know that there are amazing surprises going on unique to each show.

I guess it's POSSIBLE that they could start repeating the last four sets, but I REALLY don't think that's what's going on here.

nooneimportant
09-21-2018, 07:50 AM
It's really surreal to me that River City Rockfest has two of my all time favorite bands ever in Primus and NIN playing on the same stage back to back and I can't even witness that live because I live in California. Two wildly different styles but two very good bands, especially when it comes to live shows. San Antonio is getting a really good time.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-21-2018, 08:00 AM
..Tetsuo Theme from the Bullet Man!

If we’re talking truly unlikely picks, this is the one I want, without question.

buckaroo
09-21-2018, 08:15 AM
If weíre talking truly unlikely picks, this is the one I want, without question.

I would be happy if they swapped I'm Afraid of Americans with the remix of The Heart's Filthy Lesson. Truly unlikely and awesome!

heavenly_bearded
09-21-2018, 08:21 AM
https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3438-What-s-your-dream-setlist

ryanmcfly
09-21-2018, 09:49 AM
The transitions from Branches/bones to Mr. Self Destruct and Happiness in Slavery to Eraser were so good at red rocks. I hope those frequent the rest of the tour.

bobbie solo
09-21-2018, 09:53 AM

I have extras for both shows. 2 GA tix for the Tuesday show, and a good center orchestra seat row O for the Wed show. PM me if you're interested...face value.

cdm
09-21-2018, 10:19 AM
I have extras for both shows. 2 GA tix for the Tuesday show, and a good center orchestra seat row O for the Wed show. PM me if you're interested...face value.

Hmmm...I'll consider that. I have 2 tix each for sat, sun, and wed. How much is face on the Tuesday GA ticket?

bobbie solo
09-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Hmmm...I'll consider that. I have 2 tix each for sat, sun, and wed. How much is face on the Tuesday GA ticket?

$277 each. I know it's steep. But GA at Kings is very small. You'll be right up front and with not that many people around you.

bobbie solo
09-21-2018, 11:30 AM

Hit me up then ;-)...I have extra for both nights at Kings Theatre!

idioteque...
09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Now that The Perfect Drug has been played, I think AATCHB will take its place on the wishlists

Don't even. I would die. I thought that song was off limits since it seems like a more sadder version of Hurt and probably Trent at his lowest low but with Perfect Drug being played that doesn't matter anymore.

Would even be more amazing if after Hurt, he drops this and ends the show.

m0reta
09-21-2018, 03:03 PM
From Reddit:

https://m.facebook.com/events/268363403810241/?ti=ia

NIN + RAMMSTEIN at an festival in Italy next year?? I wish!

kolbydmc
09-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Bit the bullet and bought tickets for Primus/NIN tomorrow. I pray it doesn't get rained out! I have a strange suspicion that I'll get a Now I'm Nothing intro, that or wish.

WorzelG
09-21-2018, 03:52 PM
From Reddit:

https://m.facebook.com/events/268363403810241/?ti=ia

NIN + RAMMSTEIN at an festival in Italy next year?? I wish!
why would Rammstein be a supporting band though? This seems very weird to me (even though I love all the bands). Also what about the this is our last show in Europe..maybe ever? Happy to be proved wrong though

witte
09-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Fake.
The Cure is a fact
http://firenzerocks.it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

m0reta
09-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Fake.
The Cure is a fact

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met TapatalkThank you witte! I rely on you to help cut through the bullshit! :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ManBurning
09-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Fake.
The Cure is a fact

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Not questioning the validity here, but that Facebook post does say June 15, and when you click on the link above, it adds up. Cure is on 06/16. The 06/15 bands are "to be announced"

Still seems odd though. Probably fake. I know Rammstein are putting the finishing touches on their new record that will probably be out next year, so they will for sure be touring and I bet they will be at a lot of festivals. But opening for NIN does seem a little odd. Both bands are way too big to be opening for one another. But damn... both are my favourite artists. Would be a dream come true. Even the support looks good. Death in Vegas and a place to bury strangers? Way too good to be true.

mauro995
09-22-2018, 07:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKLUwcE4T8

botley
09-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Robin's playing the Minimoog bassline on "This Isn't the Place" and it sounds so faaaaat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ModsCoFgEM

botley
09-22-2018, 10:35 AM
"Thank you. That's a deep cut!" (squatting speech) "What could be next?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek17WmJGCo8

WorzelG
09-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Why are so many people obsessed with the idea that this is NINs farewell tour? For a start it’s a depressing thought, but you’d think Trent was the only person to have a family in music the way people carry on. Gary Numan is 10 years or so older with kids, he doesnt seem to be desperate to stop touring

suprefan
09-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Sooner or later you run out of ''gimmicks'' per say. It gets to a point when youve got all your money, you can kinda stop playing live and theres nothing to prove. What else can he do in a live setting, its been 5+ years since Tension and he doesnt seem to want to have an elaborate production again because they couldnt sell out arenas except in major markets now. All that can be done currently is a ton of deeep deep cuts to please people from all kinds of eras and thats it. Hell, I think he should sign a contract for a vegas residency. He is really enjoying playing shows at The Joint it seems. Couple weekends every month over the course of a year would suffice plenty.

otnavuskire
09-22-2018, 07:27 PM
I wonder if they'll do Broken again tonight, considering it's the 26th anniversary of its release.

idioteque...
09-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Sooner or later you run out of ''gimmicks'' per say. It gets to a point when youve got all your money, you can kinda stop playing live and theres nothing to prove. What else can he do in a live setting, its been 5+ years since Tension and he doesnt seem to want to have an elaborate production again because they couldnt sell out arenas except in major markets now. All that can be done currently is a ton of deeep deep cuts to please people from all kinds of eras and thats it. Hell, I think he should sign a contract for a vegas residency. He is really enjoying playing shows at The Joint it seems. Couple weekends every month over the course of a year would suffice plenty.

So much wrong in this statement.

Trent said this isn’t the end and is pumping out music constantly. Maybe a tour hiatus like Radiohead but thats normal for NIN by now

Bajoobatron
09-22-2018, 08:29 PM
I wonder if they'll do Broken again tonight, considering it's the 26th anniversary of its release.

If they do this tonight for the anniversary, I'd imagine speculation will begin as to Fixed in full for L.A. night 1.

gorast
09-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Tonight's a festival date, though. It might be more diverse than the previous festival sets, but it'll still probably be primarily a festival set.

somewhat_
09-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Hell, I think he should sign a contract for a vegas residency. He is really enjoying playing shows at The Joint it seems. Couple weekends every month over the course of a year would suffice plenty.

As much as I hate the idea of nin never coming back to my area to play shows, this is really not a bad scenario: relatively cheap/short flights at a place that has cheap hotel options where nin will be playing live music in a club... hard to beat that.

elevenism
09-22-2018, 08:52 PM
Sooner or later you run out of ''gimmicks'' per say. It gets to a point when youve got all your money, you can kinda stop playing live and theres nothing to prove. What else can he do in a live setting, its been 5+ years since Tension and he doesnt seem to want to have an elaborate production again because they couldnt sell out arenas except in major markets now. All that can be done currently is a ton of deeep deep cuts to please people from all kinds of eras and thats it. Hell, I think he should sign a contract for a vegas residency. He is really enjoying playing shows at The Joint it seems. Couple weekends every month over the course of a year would suffice plenty.I've said it before.And I'll say it again.
I've always envisioned NIN live evolving into a "Still" type thing.

That's something different, and unless T-Rez retires, that's what I think will be happening in 7ish years.

At least i HOPE it is.

ManBurning
09-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Well, the San Antonio show should be over by now... nothing on setlist.fm though, I guess it's anyone's guess as to what the hell was played tonight... I just want to know if it was one of these new unique crazy sets or the typical "festival set" from earlier this year/last year's festival shows.

bryan_NIN65
09-22-2018, 11:01 PM
Well, the San Antonio show should be over by now... nothing on setlist.fm though, I guess it's anyone's guess as to what the hell was played tonight... I just want to know if it was one of these new unique crazy sets or the typical "festival set" from earlier this year/last year's festival shows.

They still got 45 minutes, they are playing @10:15 to 11:45

ManBurning
09-22-2018, 11:31 PM
They still got 45 minutes, they are playing @10:15 to 11:45

Oh, late show!

poro765
09-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Looks like they played The Perfect Drug again.

JessicaSarahS
09-22-2018, 11:53 PM

Yesss! I hope it sticks around for a while!

AThousandDaysBefore
09-22-2018, 11:54 PM
I saw a photo from the setlist (I found it in instagram)
Mr.self destruct
Wish
Less Than
March
Piggy
The lovers
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead
God break down the door
Closer
Burn
The perfect drug
Help me I'm in hell
Happiness
Gave up
Only
I'am afraid of americans
The hand that feeds
Head like a hole
Hurt

If this is going to be the setlist for festivals, I love it

Kyle
09-22-2018, 11:54 PM

That song is in the unique position of being both a deep cut and a song for casuals since it was an at least somewhat popular single but never played live until now. WITT would also qualify

bryan_NIN65
09-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Mr.self destruct
Wish
Less Than
March
Piggy
The lovers
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead
God break down the door
Closer
Burn
The perfect drug
Help me I'm in hell
Happiness
Gave up
Only
I'am afraid of americans
The hand that feeds
Head like a hole
Hurt

A bunch of that I was hopping for Monday, now I am worried he will sub a bunch of that, its ok you can play the same set twice in a row,lol. Maybe we can at least get Last in Memphis or ya know Were in this Together, Heresy, Sunspots.

Damage
09-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Mr.self destruct
Wish
Less Than
March
Piggy
The lovers
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead
God break down the door
Closer
Burn
The perfect drug
Help me I'm in hell
Happiness
Gave up
Only
I'am afraid of americans
The hand that feeds
Head like a hole
Hurt

I was at Red Rocks and could not believe it! So glad he’s throwing it in!

nooneimportant
09-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Holy shit. This tour is no joke.

TheRealNs1
09-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Holy shit. This tour is no joke.
Burn / TPD / HiS / gave up

my god

Damage
09-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Why are so many people obsessed with the idea that this is NINs farewell tour? For a start itís a depressing thought, but youíd think Trent was the only person to have a family in music the way people carry on. Gary Numan is 10 years or so older with kids, he doesnt seem to be desperate to stop touring
Or look at Ozzy ... itís really annoying. Trent has said they are in a groove moving between projects. I for one am happy to be a fan experience all these releases ... it used to be five years between records.

ryanmcfly
09-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Trent confirmed not last tour. Quit fucking speculating :)

Tumnayar
09-23-2018, 12:21 AM
This tour is sooo good, can only get better, can't wait to see more surprises! I hope to see The Great Below, Deep, Non-Entity, Sunspots, AATCHB added in some shows!

ManBurning
09-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Trent confirmed not last tour. Quit fucking speculating :)

At tonight's show?? Do you remember specifically what he said/how he even got on topic?

frothy_ham
09-23-2018, 12:33 AM
They didn’t play all of Burn. They got like a minute and a half into it, and then there was a power issue or something and Trent said something like “something just fucked up, it happens”. Then after a bit the lights came back on, TR apologized and said they were going to play something special and went into TPD.

ManBurning
09-23-2018, 12:35 AM
Too bad the festival didn't have a live stream. I would kill to see/hear a professional recording of TPD.
Hopefully he releases a "on the stage" video of that song sometime in the future.

That song is in the unique position of being both a deep cut and a song for casuals since it was an at least somewhat popular single but never played live until now. WITT would also qualify

Like my girlfriend for example. Very casual fan. If it wasn't for me, she probably wouldn't go out of her way to listen to NIN. But she comes to the shows with me and enjoys the music. 2 of her favourite NIN songs are WITT and The Perfect Drug. She always says she hopes they'll play one of those songs live. Up until like... a couple nights ago, I told her there was no chance in hell. Now, it's more like 50/50 she'll hear at least TPD live at a show... never thought i'd say that in my life... Needless to say, she's stoked to see a show now. We bought tickets to both nights in Vegas. Here's hoping we get TPD. I can die happy if I get to hear that song live.

Dustin Burleson
Just left the show, fucking great show. Stopped burn in the middle, said they fucked up, then went into The Perfect Drug...was not expecting that at all...very good setlist, lol can we get one damn show without thtf??

ryanmcfly
At tonight's show?? Do you remember specifically what he said/how he even got on topic?
Said something along the lines of “read something on the internets about this being our last tour. This is not our last tour. The plan is to come back. Now let’s continue” and then played THTF

JessicaSarahS
09-23-2018, 12:36 AM

Saw this quote on a NIN FB group: “Trent just said ‘I heard people are predicting this is our last tour and, we don’t... it’s not. We’re not going anywhere. Our plan is to be back.’

gorast
09-23-2018, 12:41 AM
It's hilarious to me that he keeps reading shit on the internet and directly responding to it during shows.

ManBurning
09-23-2018, 12:49 AM
Said something along the lines of “read something on the internets about this being our last tour. This is not our last tour. The plan is to come back. Now let’s continue” and then played THTF

When he says stuff in Europe like "This is our last show in Europe... Maybe ever" and then plays The perfect fucking drug, speculation on the internet is gonna fly!

But hey, glad it came straight from the horses mouth. There will be more NIN... c'mon Fragility 3.0 2019 20th anniversary "playing the record in full" tour.
Maybe that is why there is a strange absence of fragile material on this tour. Maybe he is saving it for something else... hmm...

FULLMETAL
09-23-2018, 01:02 AM
Long ass time since he played Physical too, right? Or did he whip that out in 2009?

EDIT: Setlist.fm is your best friend. Played it several times in 2009.

NINtourhistory.com is your best friend. Setlist.fm is a co-worker youíd rather ignore, but they sit right in front of you.

nooneimportant
09-23-2018, 01:07 AM
Hey Trent, if you're reading this thread....

Deep cuts from Pretty Hate Machine would be kinda cool, you don't have to do it, I'm just putting the idea out there you know.......

tricil
09-23-2018, 01:09 AM
Mr.self destruct
Wish
Less Than
March
Piggy
The lovers
Reptile
Shit Mirror
Ahead
God break down the door
Closer
Burn
The perfect drug
Help me I'm in hell
Happiness
Gave up
Only
I'am afraid of americans
The hand that feeds
Head like a hole
Hurt

do you have a link? Iím a nerd for this kind of stuff.

ManBurning
09-23-2018, 01:17 AM
do you have a link? I’m a nerd for this kind of stuff.

I believe this is what you are looking for?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoDj9eGnOch/?tagged=nineinchnails

elevenism
09-23-2018, 05:34 AM
I want Please, LINE, TGB, and most of all, ITT.

But I'm not in it like matters now as I won't be seeing them again until red rocks on the next tour :(

elevenism
09-23-2018, 05:35 AM
Just left the show, fucking great show. Stopped burn in the middle, said they fucked up, then went into The Perfect Drug...was not expecting that at all...very good setlist, lol can we get one damn show without thtf??we got one at Red rocks.

Halo Infinity
09-23-2018, 06:23 AM
I was about to post this in the Random NIN Thoughts thread, but remembered to put these types of posts here for the time being. I don't care if it's already been posted, since I don't think it can be posted enough for now. Holy fucking shit though. I thought I'd never fucking see the day. Seriously, especially after 21 years since The Perfect Drug was released.

I didn't even type The Perfect Drug at the time, and it was just from simply typing Nine Inch Nails in YouTube's search box. When I first saw this exact search result, I thought to myself, "Oh shit. All right. Who among our fellow NIN fans is trolling now? :p" thankfully to be very pleasantly surprised. :D

First Happiness In Slavery and now The Perfect Drug? This is obviously among some of the best "What the fuck?" moments whatsoever. Speaking of which, the person who said "What the fuck?" as The Perfect Drug started summed up everything for me.

Damn, does this ever hype me up for the tour, as awesome as Nine Inch Nails already has/was and still very much is. And now that also makes two songs to watch out for when I see if it absolutely sticks. If it's not Reptile, get ready for all the goodness and greatness that is The Perfect Drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZm7264b2A

cahernandez
09-23-2018, 08:29 AM
"Thank you. That's a deep cut!" (squatting speech) "What could be next?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek17WmJGCo8

The percussions on this version of ATLITW are hypnotic, great improvement! I'd like to see some sort of official release of this audio :)

AThousandDaysBefore
09-23-2018, 11:11 AM
I believe this is what you are looking for?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoDj9eGnOch/?tagged=nineinchnails

Yeah, this is the photo tricil
Thank you ManBurning

ManBurning
09-23-2018, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZm7264b2A

Atticus rocking out o TPD never gets old. It's great to see him really getting into it, haha.

fillow
09-23-2018, 01:06 PM
Did they extend the part before the drum solo for a few bars?

Papagolash
09-23-2018, 07:43 PM
Did they extend the part before the drum solo for a few bars?

They certainly did last night.

Deepvoid
09-23-2018, 10:01 PM
It's so surreal to see TPD being played. Trent better bring this crazy ass setlist back to Canada in 2019.

ophelia_
09-23-2018, 11:40 PM
I booked my flight from Berlin to Chicago the other day, @witte (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=82) glad to see that you're also going! I'm still without tickets for the gigs at the moment though.

Regarding the first few shows, I'm speechless as much as you guys are. TPD was incredible, Ilan absolutely killed it.

Chicago is gonna be the most international show - I'm coming from Australia and I know other peeps coming from Europe as well, it's gonna be great! :D

We should definitely have an ETS meet up.

sweeterthan
09-24-2018, 06:48 AM
My shows are finally here. Hoping I get to hear TPD and sheís gone away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

center27j
09-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Hey Trent, if you're reading this thread....

Deep cuts from Pretty Hate Machine would be kinda cool, you don't have to do it, I'm just putting the idea out there you know.......

I don't think id consider "down in it" a deep cut, but seems like he hasnt played it in a decade+. that needs to be added

halo eighteen
09-24-2018, 10:17 AM
Ha, still waiting for HLAH and Terrible Lie to open one of these sets coming up, since a lot of them have been the first 2 songs off other albums.

and by a lot I mean a few. lol.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-24-2018, 11:26 AM
"Thats What I Get" would be perfect.....Also "Ringfinger" would fit....He can play it before "Copy of A" since that song is just Ringerfinger 2.0 anyway

loopcloses
09-24-2018, 12:17 PM
Ha, still waiting for HLAH and Terrible Lie to open one of these sets coming up, since a lot of them have been the first 2 songs off other albums.

and by a lot I mean a few. lol.

Unexpectedly opening with your biggest hit (or at least one of them) is one of my favorite setlist moves. A recent example was Iggy Pop opening the Post Pop Depression sets with Lust for Life. I understand why it might not happen since it's anthem qualities makes it work incredibly well positioned near the end, but a show opening with the intro to HLAH would be badass. Or really, if it must stay in rotation, I'd be down for The Hand That Feeds opening a show. It'd totally grab the crowd.

TheBang
09-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Another appearance of Trent the Troll? Like this night, just two dates after they played TDS: Live?

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=851

m0reta
09-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Ohhh buses.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180924/dec659c3b14027ef11993753270b7ec2.jpg

Also hearing HLAH for sound check. Will edit if I get to hear anything else.

Edit: I heard nothing else so left. Back at 4pm since doors are at 6pm and I need meeerrcchhh!!

Sarah K
09-24-2018, 06:07 PM
And oh man when the bullhorn stopped working for him during the end of Happiness In Slavery, he fucking launched that thing into the air, couldn't tell if it fell into the crowd or not, he had his back turned when he threw it up.

Not sure why, but this is so hilarious to me. I keep reading it, and I keep laughing.

eachpassingphase
09-24-2018, 06:34 PM
We are in the balcony waiting for this shindig to get started. The Orpheum is gorgeous, and Iím glad that the seats are so steep up here. I wonít have to stand on tiptoes to know whatís going on the whole show.

ryanmcfly
09-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Pinion
metal (possibly)
me I’m not

eachpassingphase
09-24-2018, 09:48 PM
This Isn’t the Place
The Lovers

Lights are amazing and the band sounds great but I’m having a hard time hearing Trent’s vocals. Might just be my shitty ears though.

thefragile_jake
09-24-2018, 10:24 PM
Not a lot of updates to be found on Instagram or setlist.fm ... anyone else got the scoop on what they've been playing?

thefragile_jake
09-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Looks like ...

Copy of A
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIidTmndvd/?taken-at=664815)The Great Destroyer (https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIkgrPHl5a/?taken-at=664815)

Sarah K
09-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Wish.

BoIfCeHnZw7

thefragile_jake
09-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Unless we're missing stuff ... sounds like tonight was a fairly standard set? Looks like Head Like a Hole (https://www.instagram.com/p/BoImzIagyW_/?taken-at=664815) is currently being played.

thefragile_jake
09-24-2018, 11:01 PM
Hurt (https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIoUYMAq1m/?taken-at=664815)

R-Dot-Yung
09-24-2018, 11:04 PM
Unless we're missing stuff ... sounds like tonight was a fairly standard set? Looks like Head Like a Hole (https://www.instagram.com/p/BoImzIagyW_/?taken-at=664815) is currently being played.

Damn hearing the crowd singing it back is getting me soooo fucking hyped for my NY dates.

eachpassingphase
09-24-2018, 11:19 PM
We also got:
I’m Afraid of Americans
Burning Bright
Shit Mirror
GBDTD
Over and Out
The Day the World Went Away

I feel like I'm forgetting something that wasn’t mentioned above.

thefragile_jake
09-24-2018, 11:21 PM
We also got:
I’m Afraid of Americans
Burning Bright
Shit Mirror
GBDTD
Over and Out
The Day the World Went Away

I feel like I'm forgetting something that wasn’t mentioned above.

Oh dang, no Ahead of Ourselves?

eachpassingphase
09-24-2018, 11:27 PM
I don’t think so, but I might be remembering wrong. I have a hard time keeping songs straight while they are happening. Lol

eachpassingphase
09-25-2018, 12:27 AM
I knew I forgot some things! We also got Parasite, Letting You and Me, I’m Not. They just updated the Setlist FM if you want to check it out in order.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/orpheum-theatre-memphis-tn-33e9c049.html

imail724
09-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Anyone in NY interested in trading my Sunday ticket for any of the other 3 NY shows? I have one ticket for the Sunday RC show, 3rd Mezz, row A. Could add cash to it if your ticket is in a better section.

cdm
09-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Interesting stat: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=73d0964d

49 different songs played so far on the tour, 6 shows in.

halo eighteen
09-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Interesting stat: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=73d0964d

49 different songs played so far on the tour, 8 shows in.

6 shows even :)

ryanmcfly
09-25-2018, 11:40 AM

49 different songs played so far on the tour, 8 shows in.

58 in total on the year. I would imagine some of the songs that were played in the summer would make to the fall tour. These songs are:
Even Deeper
The Big Come Down
I Do Not Want This
Terrible Lie
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Something I Can Never Have
I Can't Give Everything Away (trent said they were going to stop playing it when they last played it, so this one seems unlikely)
Digital

cdm
09-25-2018, 11:42 AM
6 shows even :)

Riiiiiight, the Atlanta shows are listed but still just placeholders. Good lookin out.

sweeterthan
09-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Riiiiiight, the Atlanta shows are listed but still just placeholders. Good lookin out.

Atlanta!!!! Zomg Iím barely sleeping Iím so excited.

tricil
09-25-2018, 01:20 PM
58 in total on the year. I would imagine some of the songs that were played in the summer would make to the fall tour. These songs are:
Even Deeper
The Big Come Down
I Do Not Want This
Terrible Lie
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
I Can't Give Everything Away (trent said they were going to stop playing it when they last played it, so this one seems unlikely)
Digital

i expect to hear some of these in Atlanta for sure. It wasnít until last night that they did Metal again.

thefragile_jake
09-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Got just back home......Well it was a great show but I am trying not to be a negative nancy. I had super high hopes after seeing the other previous shows setlists. I was at the first show in Vegas over the summer and when this show started with Metal AND Me I'm Not my heart sank as I though it was gonna be a repeat show. I was hopping for Last, HIS, Dead Souls, or The Perfect Drug or maybe busting out Hersey. The only songs that where new to me were This isn't the Place, Shit Mirror, Over and Out and Parasite. But hey it MAY just be because this was my 7th time seeing them. Please tell me to shut my mouth and be greatfull for what I did get,lol. Too much smoke and fog I could not see anything the first half of the show.

Replying to your post in the Memphis show in the general discussion thread ... I completely understand where you're coming from. There has been so much either debuted or truly deep cuts being a part of the set that last night's show almost seems like the weakest one of the fall tour so far. I mean, I would've LOVED to have heard Metal, Americans, all of that Bad Witch material, Burning Bright and TDTWWA as that would've been new to me ... but I totally get why it may have been slightly of a let down for you. I'm driving in from St. Louis for the Nashville show this weekend and I almost instead ended up doing last night's instead. I'm glad you had a good time as seeing NIN live is always fun, but I always need to make sure to keep my expectations in check. It's so hard when you see awesome sets! I wish I had more time off from work to see more shows this year.

Krazy
09-25-2018, 05:36 PM
Looks like the Louisville festival got cancelled to recent weather.

mostlymad
09-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Looks like the Louisville festival got cancelled to recent weather.

Yep, and Iím a little sad. I still have 3 other shows for NIN and JAMC, but this weekend wonít be quite as great as I planned. My 2 coworkers arenít going to any other shows and are far sadder.

buckets of lube
09-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Since the admins here are psychic and somehow knew that I didn't attend the Memphis show (and thus should not post in the Tour Journal section); just wanted to reiterate the following point here for anybody attending the upcoming shows:

Next time, you should alert security to either get [disruptive] cunts like that ejected from the venue, or to get yourself moved to a better seat. That sort of shit is unacceptable, and the more we all stand up against it, the better our collective show experiences will become.

Krazy
09-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Replying to your post in the Memphis show in the general discussion thread ... I completely understand where you're coming from. There has been so much either debuted or truly deep cuts being a part of the set that last night's show almost seems like the weakest one of the fall tour so far. I mean, I would've LOVED to have heard Metal, Americans, all of that Bad Witch material, Burning Bright and TDTWWA as that would've been new to me ... but I totally get why it may have been slightly of a let down for you. I'm driving in from St. Louis for the Nashville show this weekend and I almost instead ended up doing last night's instead. I'm glad you had a good time as seeing NIN live is always fun, but I always need to make sure to keep my expectations in check. It's so hard when you see awesome sets! I wish I had more time off from work to see more shows this year.

Weird, was looking at that setlist and thinking “Uhhhhhhh... kind of glad I didn’t make that one a trip”. Not a fan of the Bowie stuff (covers or the newer stuff inspired by him).

Still, a NIN show is a NIN show.

Sarah K
09-25-2018, 08:38 PM
While this version of the "standard" setlist is still fun and I will still take it... I did chuckle/scratch my head that a fucking festival got Mr. Self Destruct, The Perfect Drug, and Happiness in Slavery, while the next show - which you KNOW is filled with more hardcore fans for a variety of reasons, does not get any treats like that. #Troll

bryan_NIN65
09-25-2018, 08:59 PM
While this version of the "standard" setlist is still fun and I will still take it... I did chuckle/scratch my head that a fucking festival got Mr. Self Destruct, The Perfect Drug, and Happiness in Slavery, while the next show - which you KNOW is filled with more hardcore fans for a variety of reasons, does not get any treats like that. #Troll

I expected some more treats being that the Memphis show was at the smallest venue on the whole tour holding only 2,300 people. It was only the 3rd time they ever played in Memphis. I just wish I could afford to hit up more shows. With all this said, Metal and I'm Afraid of Americans are deffently treats and Burning Bright fucking kills. Less Than should be a staple for sure though as far as newer material, it's such a banger. Loved hearing Over and Out and Shit Mirror. Can't wait till they come back to Missouri as I have now seen them more times outta state then in my home state.

thefragile_jake
09-25-2018, 10:46 PM
I expected some more treats being that the Memphis show was at the smallest venue on the whole tour holding only 2,300 people. It was only the 3rd time they ever played in Memphis. I just wish I could afford to hit up more shows. With all this said, Metal and I'm Afraid of Americans are deffently treats and Burning Bright fucking kills. Less Than should be a staple for sure though as far as newer material, it's such a banger. Loved hearing Over and Out and Shit Mirror. Can't wait till they come back to Missouri as I have now seen them more times outta state then in my home state.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a few St. Louis shows next year!

WorzelG
09-26-2018, 12:49 AM
I think the Perfect Drug should be a staple from now on. From the videos it sounds and looks amazing and really gives the whole band a chance to shine with Ilan Rubin’s drumming and the backing vocals

eversonpoe
09-26-2018, 01:48 AM
kleiner is coming into town for the chicago shows and, as a thank you for providing a couch on which to crash, bought me tickets for both the thursday and friday shows. i am blown away, and so excited i'll be seeing all three nights!

buckets of lube
09-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Next time, you should alert security to either get [disruptive] cunts like that ejected from the venue, or to get yourself moved to a better seat. That sort of shit is unacceptable, and the more we all stand up against it, the better our collective show experiences will become.

I understand what you are trying to convey, but in all reality I didn't want to cross in front of all of the people in the row I was in (I was in the middle) and then try and find an usher and explain. Then have the whole back in forth exchange with security and these ladies when we all know it would not be resolved in 1-2 songs. I would miss parts of a show that I drove 2 hours to see and waited 4 years since my last NIN show. I would rather just try and tune it out....although nearly impossible. It was the equivalent of Fran Drescher and and Roseanne Barr talking to each other as if they are both hard of hearing. Plus, I had a bit of a walk back to my car and didn't need any retaliation headed my way. These ladies, although lady doesn't come to mind when describing them, I'll use your word - cunts - were just looking for a fight and I wasn't trying to be involved and enjoy the show. But yes, in a perfect world security would remove them.

I understand those concerns and have been in a similar boat before (The Cure in 2016). Unfortunately, deliberately trying to tune things out just made it worse for me, and I still regret not having intervened at the time.

Better off missing one song and getting things resolved, versus having it affect an entire show. Other attendees will appreciate having someone speak up! I've even been complimented by others in the past for stepping in over the past two years.

ryanmcfly
09-26-2018, 09:05 AM
Really wondering if they're going to add more songs on the second half of the tour so they don't get too bored, like how they added ATLITW on near the end of the Tension tour. Fingers crossed for more tracks off The Fragile.

implanted_microchip
09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
@kleiner (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) is coming into town for the chicago shows and, as a thank you for providing a couch on which to crash, bought me tickets for both the thursday and friday shows. i am blown away, and so excited i'll be seeing all three nights!
I’m just so happy we’re gonna get to go to them together, it’s gonna be so much fun. Thanks to sonic_discord for selling me 2 of those tickets at face, you rock.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-26-2018, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9csH6xScHA

dude uploaded an aud vid of the entire show from RockFest (best set of the tour so far)

REPLICA
09-26-2018, 07:52 PM

NIN Setup

K-Rice
09-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Me self destruct
pefect drug
wish
holy shit what a start

sweeterthan
09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
The closer I get the worse it becomes comes

botley
09-26-2018, 09:38 PM
Dear World,

I'm excited to hear what this song sounds like live.

Krazy
09-26-2018, 09:38 PM
The closer I get the worse it becomes comes

Enough about the end of summer and the crappy, cold weather coming in- how’s the setlist coming along tonight?...o_O

Krazy
09-26-2018, 09:40 PM
The Idea Of You...

I'm excited to hear what this song sounds like live.

FTFY.

EDIT: not implying this song is being played live right now.

cdm
09-26-2018, 09:40 PM
Enough about the end of summer and the crappy, cold weather coming in- how’s the setlist coming along tonight?...o_O

Oh, ya know, just adding three songs to the tour list...

TheBang
09-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Dear World, is one of my favorite new songs.

botley
09-26-2018, 09:59 PM
The bifurcated rant in the middle of "Dear World," is amazing.

Krazy: let me just tell you how "The Idea of You" would sound live: it'll sound just like the record does.

SarahConnor
09-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Wow that Atlanta setlist tho

Deepvoid
09-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Mr. Self Destruct
TPD
Wish
Less Than
MOTP

That's probably the best 5-song opening I've ever seen. Holy shit!

Krazy
09-26-2018, 10:15 PM
The bifurcated rant in the middle of "Dear World," is amazing.

@Krazy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143): let me just tell you how "The Idea of You" would sound live: it'll sound just like the record does.

Id like to hear it live with the drummer, along with the rest of the song. For me it’s the standout song from the EP’s.

Not sure what the facepalm was all about but one could say the same about [insert song here] sounds just like “the record does”. So whatever, not going to argue about it.

Tumnayar
09-26-2018, 10:19 PM
I need NOT ANYMORE live!!

Shadaloo
09-26-2018, 10:41 PM
holy fuck, Dear World?

trizzle y u no kanada

tricil
09-26-2018, 11:00 PM
i expect to hear some of these in Atlanta for sure. It wasnít until last night that they did Metal again.

And we got three of these night 1!

K-Rice
09-26-2018, 11:08 PM
Just got home from the first Atlanta show. It was very EP Trilogy heavy. “Less Than” rocked, “Dear World” and “Thr Lovers” were amazing. All of Bad Witch minus instrumentals was cool to see. I thought we were about to hear “Starfuckers” when Trent started reminiscing over playing the Fox with Manson years ago. Great show.

loopcloses
09-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Low key, I know it's probably the worst song on The Fragile but I'd pop like crazy for Starfuckers. The performance from the AATCHB DVD seems like it'd be insane live.

Papagolash
09-26-2018, 11:22 PM
I understand why my post was moved to the tour journal for San Antonio, but I posted it in this thread on purpose because I figured more people would see it here and wanted to share my experience to as many as I could. This tour is fucking hype! BTW watching a clip of it now I believe that the power outage during Burn was legit.

Papagolash
09-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Low key, I know it's probably the worst song on The Fragile but I'd pop like crazy for Starfuckers. The performance from the AATCHB DVD seems like it'd be insane live.

Never understood the hate for that song, but I will say the 1 time I saw it live, it fucking kicked ass.

bryan_NIN65
09-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Never understood the hate for that song, but I will say the 1 time I saw it live, it fucking kicked ass.

I remember seeing it on the With Teeth tour and when the song got to " I bet you think this song is about you " the crowd started to chant the "don't you, don't you" part, Trent just stoped and was like "hey we don't do that any more that was 5 years ago" I thought it was fucking harlouis.

REPLICA
09-27-2018, 01:05 AM
Wrong thread

!

Sorry

mauro995
09-27-2018, 03:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpPtDnyX2g

nooneimportant
09-27-2018, 05:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpPtDnyX2g

That's a jam. Just seeing Atticus and Trent getting into it right there is great.

fillow
09-27-2018, 06:43 AM
OK, this goes in my pile of songs that I don't really like seeing in concert due to barely any live playing happening there.

Deepvoid
09-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Yeah that did not sound that great based on that particular video. Looks cool but a bit of a letdown.

Steven
09-27-2018, 07:04 AM
A full live play through of Not The Actual Events though =$ imo.

Max
09-27-2018, 07:10 AM
I think what we are seeing here is part of the ďdangerĒ that Trent talked about wanting to bring to the tour. The possibility that a song wasnít going to work. I mean have you seen the setlists? This is a different tour. They are playing songs like this without hours of rehearsals, just trying to work it out on a knofeís edge, and theyíve managed to pull it off 99% of the time. Itís really incredible. Iím happy to see them give it a shot on anything just to see. I donít care if itís perfect or polished. Iíd rather see them try than stick with the hits or the narrow number of songs they have time for rehearsing enough to perfection.

Thalesian
09-27-2018, 07:26 AM
https://youtu.be/dzJlQj_3sUw

sweeterthan
09-27-2018, 10:48 AM
https://youtu.be/dzJlQj_3sUw

I love it when he does the fake echo. ďThe worse it becomes-comesĒ

ryanmcfly
09-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Watched the video of Dear World, live. That was uh interesting. Seems on par with The Lovers. I would prefer to see Dear World, than the Lovers live, but they both seem like not much is going on with them live.

Steven
09-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Watched the video of Dear World, live. That was uh interesting. Seems on par with The Lovers. I would prefer to see Dear World, than the Lovers live, but they both seem like not much is going on with them live.

I'm dying to see what Not Anymore and The Idea Of You would look/sound like live.

AThousandDaysBefore
09-27-2018, 11:39 AM
That's a jam. Just seeing Atticus and Trent getting into it right there is great.

I really like it
But I would prefer this song with Ilan playing drums, similar to 1,000,000

neorev
09-27-2018, 01:38 PM

Worst song? No way. I love Starfuckers, Inc. It does feel out of place on The Fragile, but that's just because the song is so awesome that it HAD to be included even though it is out of place. I've seen it live and the crowd went nuts for it.

StockAvuryah
09-27-2018, 01:44 PM

Dear World live sounds like a dark industrial track with the notable weird exceptions of a single shiny synth and a quite clear chorus. Those Fink vocals are selling it even better.

The Lovers live sounds like someone is tearing my heart in two and it can't be stopped.

So, I don't know which one is the greatest, but how good must the mood be for such a simply played track to hit me so hard.

m0reta
09-27-2018, 07:57 PM
I have it on good authority that tonight's show will be OMG. B-)

ryanmcfly
09-27-2018, 08:27 PM
NOW IM NOTHING
TERRIBLE LIE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoQEg2rAOmJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=e0ux1p50mihv

bryan_NIN65
09-27-2018, 08:37 PM
NOW IM NOTHING
TERRIBLE LIE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoQEg2rAOmJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=e0ux1p50mihv

WOAH....Last right after that.......speachless.So jealous.

Sarah K
09-27-2018, 08:50 PM
I believe I can see the future. (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5021-The-NIN-Summer-Tour-2018-Spoilers-Thread!?p=427673#post427673) [Edit: This song was not played!]

Holy shit. So exciting.

SM Rollinger
09-27-2018, 08:53 PM
setlist fm says the becoming??

bryan_NIN65
09-27-2018, 08:56 PM
I believe I can see the future. (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5021-The-NIN-Summer-Tour-2018-Spoilers-Thread!?p=427673#post427673)

Holy shit. So exciting.

I almost thought they played EDIETS almost shit myself and was about to call my mom to tell her,lol I am about to buy a plane ticket to Vegas and back although I'm sure I will be signing divorce papers if I do.

Sarah K
09-27-2018, 08:58 PM
Ahhhh, I'm sorry. I edited it to clarify.

EDDIT OMG THE BECOMING?! Yes, Trent!

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:05 PM
So far:

Now I’m nothing
Terrible lie
Last
Letting You
Piggy
This isn’t the place
The frail
The wretched
The Becoming
Closer
La Mer
Reptile
copy of a
the good soldier

Not a single repeat.

K-Rice
09-27-2018, 09:10 PM
Everybody calm down. We officially have “Closer” and “Copy of A.”

Kyle
09-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Closer was performed for the first time since 2018

Krazy
09-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Sin has to eventually be played this tour. ::crosses fingers::

I like this tour better than 2009. Five-piece band, and Trent’s voice sounds better. Lighting is slightly better IMHO as well.

AThousandDaysBefore
09-27-2018, 09:17 PM
La mer? Come on Trent you only play one concert in Mexico :( I can't stand so much pain

Krazy
09-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Closer was performed for the first time since 2018

That’s some pretty deep thinking there, man. Fucking mind blowing stuff.

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Digital!

Nellyrific
09-27-2018, 09:26 PM

I like this tour better than 2009. Five-piece band, and Trentís sounds better. Lighting is slightly better IMHO as well.

Yes PLEASE.

loopcloses
09-27-2018, 09:28 PM
I'm probably getting greedy here, but "Demon Seed" pretty please

Kyle
09-27-2018, 09:36 PM
That’s some pretty deep thinking there, man. Fucking mind blowing stuff.

Well it was post it here or add it to setlist.fm but I decided not to be a dick this time

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Happiness in dlavery

Kyle
09-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Happiness in dlavery

Are you at the show?

NotinCnStopMeNow
09-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Wait, I’m I missing something or is this the first show ever, since before 94, that they haven’t played March of the pigs?

nooneimportant
09-27-2018, 09:47 PM
I really want an opener of Terrible Lie/Sin/March of the Pigs now.

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Yes

ryanmcfly
09-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Wait, Iím I missing something or is this the first show ever, since before 94, that they havenít played March of the pigs?

There have been shows where they havenít played MOTP. Rarely happens though. They didnít play it at Red Rocks night 2.

Nellyrific
09-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Wait, Iím I missing something or is this the first show ever, since before 94, that they havenít played March of the pigs?

It wasnít played at one of the shows last week either.

Edit: sorry! ryanmcfly beat me to it.

NotinCnStopMeNow
09-27-2018, 09:53 PM
There have been shows where they haven’t played MOTP. Rarely happens though. They didn’t play it at Red Rocks night 2.

Ok I missed that, I still don’t think it’s happened before this tour then.

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:54 PM

Sonisphere 2009

tricil
09-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Atlanta two:

Now I’m nothing
Terrible lie
Last
Letting You
Piggy
This isn’t the place
The frail
The wretched
The Becoming
Closer
La Mer
Reptile
Copy of a
The good soldier
Survivalism
Digital
Wish
Head Like A Hole

Help me in hell
Happiness in Slavery
Even deeper
Hurt

Nellyrific
09-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Ok I missed that, I still donít think itís happened before this tour then.

It wasnít played at a show I went to in 2007.

NotinCnStopMeNow
09-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Sonisphere 2009

what a weird set, is there a story behind why they only played 11 songs?

poro765
09-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Or Tokyo 2014. Feb 28th show.

buckets of lube
09-27-2018, 10:22 PM
what a weird set, is there a story behind why they only played 11 songs?

Festival show where NIN did not headline.

Ribbitman
09-27-2018, 10:22 PM
I’m fucking speechless. I took my mom and her favorite song is La Mer. She has been telling me since May that he will play it, and I just laughed it off and said no way. Then they play my favorite song, The Becoming

Krazy
09-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Happiness in dlavery

Trent with a shout out to the mothers in labor out there!

Hi mom! <3 tattoo

sweeterthan
09-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Iím fucking speechless. I took my mom and her favorite song is La Mer. She has been telling me since May that he will play it, and I just laughed it off and said no way. Then they play my favorite song, The Becoming

How amazing. Iíve always wanted to hear now Iím nothing and boom!!!

poro765
09-27-2018, 10:57 PM
Personally if I could add just one more song to this already amazing setlist it'd be Vessel.

Papagolash
09-27-2018, 11:16 PM

I like this tour better than 2009. Five-piece band, and Trentís voice sounds better. Lighting is slightly better IMHO as well.

Oh if they bust out Sin it better be the synth version, and not the live bass playing the synth version.

Kulerage
09-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Trent's screams on Happiness In Slavery were AMAZING

Papagolash
09-27-2018, 11:40 PM
He sounds so fucking good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcgEiRQtV8Y

tricil
09-28-2018, 12:00 AM

So the pink-haired lady in this video going crazy is my wife and I am just to the right of her :)

tricil
09-28-2018, 12:05 AM
Oh, ya know, just adding three songs to the tour list...

and tonight they added six more

tricil
09-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Even Deeper
The Big Come Down
I Do Not Want This
Terrible Lie
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Digital

After Atlanta, this shrinks down to SICNH and I Do Not Want This. ICGEA is retired yeah. This Isn't The Place takes its spiritual place.

nooneimportant
09-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Personally if I could add just one more song to this already amazing setlist it'd be Vessel.

I agree with this. Either Vessel or I Do Not Want This would be great for this set.

Also according to a post on Reddit, Trent said they had "no idea what they were doing" after playing Dear World so that would explain why things seemed weird in that video. It might not be performed much at all if that's the case but maybe they'll iron out the kinks.

bobbie solo
09-28-2018, 12:41 AM

I think Dear World live would go over perfectly on a future tour with Trent has more visual type things going on to accompany the track. Probably doesn't work so well on this stripped down stage setup tour.

bobbie solo
09-28-2018, 12:45 AM
For those in attendance at Day 2 of ATL...how did they do The Becoming? 2009 setup with Robin's acoustic guitar that has no balls/too low in the mix & ruined the song for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKSInoRXHew&amp;ab_channel=NineInchNails

Helpmeiaminhell
09-28-2018, 01:04 AM
Shame all these great setlists will most likely result in 0 soundboards and 0 pro shots of this entire tour

Atu
09-28-2018, 01:59 AM
Got to say, it's a good feeling when you wake up in the morning and one of the first things you do is checking the setlist from yesterday, to see what unexpected song(s) got played. Got the same vibe as with Performance 2007/Wave Goodbye tours. Well done mr. Reznor.

WorzelG
09-28-2018, 02:16 AM
Shame all these great setlists will most likely result in 0 soundboards and 0 pro shots of this entire tour
not going to argue with you here as it didn’t get me anywhere last time. If you assume disappointment it will be a very pleasant surprise if something does get released?

those tour posters for the Atlanta shows are amazing

nooneimportant
09-28-2018, 02:38 AM
For those in attendance at Day 2 of ATL...how did they do The Becoming? 2009 setup with Robin's acoustic guitar that has no balls/too low in the mix & ruined the song for me?

It was the 2014 version with the Still Piano from 2009 but the acoustic replaced with the actual synth. The best version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CyTkorUu4

mauro995
09-28-2018, 03:33 AM
It was the 2014 version with the Still Piano from 2009 but the acoustic replaced with the actual synth. The best version.

Omg, he sang the high notes at the "I can try to get away..." part, just without the screams, I think he has not done that since the Outside tour in 1995.

otnavuskire
09-28-2018, 04:18 AM
Oh man, this might be my favorite set list yet. Can't wait for Boston!

Max
09-28-2018, 05:36 AM
I was there last night in ATL #2. It was pretty great. Now I am Nothing - I had no idea at first what was going on. Itís like the one song I donít know by heart. There was ao much fog around him you couldnít see anything but his hand sticking out and a silhouette of his head behind it. Looked amazing.

During Copy of A, there was this ďshadows on a. Cave wallĒ lighting effect that was super cool, one of my favorite parts of the concert the way the shadows twitched around with the music.

The Becoming was fantastic and a nice surprise.

Survivalism was lit. The crowd was really into it. Might have been my favorite performance and ge most fun to chant along to.

This Isnt The Place was really beautiful. Loved the lights and the mood for that.

Towards the end Trent spoke for longer than usual about how much they have been enjoying this tour, how itís the best tour theyíve ever done. You can tell the energy they were putting out and what they were getting back. The venue was really intimate and you could see really well - all his facial expressions, you could make eye contact. It was really just great.

fillow
09-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Couldn't find any videos of A Warm Place from this tour. Did they do it more like in 2009 (mostly live), or more like in 2013/14 (mostly just Ally on synths)?

botley
09-28-2018, 06:31 AM
Couldn't find any videos of A Warm Place from this tour. Did they do it more like in 2009 (mostly live), or more like in 2013/14 (mostly just Ally on synths)?
Just Ally & Atticus, I think. Ilan's brother Aaron posted a backstage livestream video of them playing it and the rest of the encore from Phoenix night 2.

AThousandDaysBefore
09-28-2018, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0I_5EizXEo

klyrish
09-28-2018, 08:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0I_5EizXEo
Beautiful. Thank you!

ricardo
09-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Trent is sounding great this tour. He's reaching some high notes I thought he would never attempt to reach again. Always great to see La Mer. They should really celebrate The Fragile in some of these shows.

gorny540
09-28-2018, 10:11 AM
So much variety in this tour only 2 weeks in, can you imagine what the set lists at the 6 LA shows are going to look like?!?

ekrekel
09-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Did they really only duplicate 3 songs during 2 nights at ATL? Wish, HLAH, Hurt? Jeebus. Gotta figure out how to get into Dallas Night 1 now....

sweeterthan
09-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Did they really only duplicate 3 songs during 2 nights at ATL? Wish, HLAH, Hurt? Jeebus. Gotta figure out how to get into Dallas Night 1 now....

They really fucking did. Iím still soaking it in.

Callahan
09-28-2018, 10:50 AM
It might be wishful thinking, and probably against the grain of the general crowd. But I'd love to see the original version of Closer performed live, without The Only Time breakdown.

Or, in the spirit of playing rarities and making the fan-base go nuts, bust out Closer to God instead! that'd be insane to see that live.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-28-2018, 11:37 AM
not going to argue with you here as it didn’t get me anywhere last time. If you assume disappointment it will be a very pleasant surprise if something does get released?

Of course. I know a few soundboards popped up from the 2009 tour which was great and I remember when a few soundboards from the 06 tour got leaked. It would be awesome if a 2018 rehearsal got leaked out there like the good old days when someone released 3 hours of the WT rehearsals...I miss the days of NIN soundboards leaking online....As for pro shots, I know it seems Trent has this dude onstage all the time filming, so maybe he is planning to release a video of the tour...Although as we know, he has planned on releasing concert films many times before that got buried in the vaults

botley
09-28-2018, 11:42 AM

Very good and fun to see Ally playing the 6/8 time acoustic part but Robin why u no wailing on lead during the piano solo?

Swykk
09-28-2018, 11:44 AM
Man, I keep hoping “The Idea Of You,” “And All That Could Have Been,” and “Demon Seed” (I believe this was rehearsed in the not too distant past) show up.

tricil
09-28-2018, 12:23 PM
It might be wishful thinking, and probably against the grain of the general crowd. But I'd love to see the original version of Closer performed live, without The Only Time breakdown.

Or, in the spirit of playing rarities and making the fan-base go nuts, bust out Closer to God instead! that'd be insane to see that live.

Yes to both as well as the full The Only Time as they did it on the PHM/TDS tours with the heavy guitar breakdown!

implanted_microchip
09-28-2018, 12:27 PM
I can’t even bother making wishes at this point, these setlists are so perfect and surprising. This is the first tour I’ve been around for where I can’t complain at all.

ryanmcfly
09-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Man, I keep hoping “The Idea Of You,” “And All That Could Have Been,” and “Demon Seed” (I believe this was rehearsed in the not too distant past) show up.

I think it was 2009. There was a video floating around of Ilan playing it

implanted_microchip
09-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Didn't the story go that Ilan learned it to prove to Trent he could do it because Trent thought he couldn't? Trent watched him do it, paused and then moved on to the next song or something like that. If they can do Perfect Drug live they can definitely make Demon Seed work. Demon Seed into The Lovers would be a great atmospheric build.

fillow
09-28-2018, 01:41 PM
IIRC they didn't rehearse it. Ilan learned it on his own to impress Trent at the auditions, and then demonstrated it in a video interview to some Australian website prior to Soundwave '09 shows. Said video is not currently available for general public (it's was behind a paywall, when I tried to find it a couple years ago)

ryanj101
09-28-2018, 01:42 PM
I can’t even bother making wishes at this point, these setlists are so perfect and surprising. This is the first tour I’ve been around for where I can’t complain at all.

I feel the same way...I was at the show last night in ATL and there were a few things I was hoping to hear that I didn't, but I would feel stupid complaining after the performance they put out there. My main "complaint" (if you can call it that, I still went to every show I could and enjoyed every one) over the past years has been that there was a little less edge and aggressiveness to the music than I would like...a little less anger and raw energy than back in the old days, I didn't know if that would ever make a comeback, but it did. I really wish someone would interview Trent and get a little insight in to what happened that seemed to reinvigorate the live sound.

Conan The Barbarian
09-28-2018, 02:09 PM

Goosebumps

They could have ended the show right there and called it a night and I would have been happy.

Kulerage
09-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Stupid phone! I had some okay videos but the audio is filled with static. If I had known that'd happen I would have moved to the back to record

somewhat_
09-28-2018, 03:50 PM
I canít even bother making wishes at this point, these setlists are so perfect and surprising. This is the first tour Iíve been around for where I canít complain at all.

One of my favorite things is there will be little chance of knowing what song is coming next In the set (with the exception of maybe the bad witch tracks grouped together). In the past, things could be somewhat predictable from that standpoint.