PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

sick among the pure
09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
It is real

frankie teardrop
09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
NO CONFIRMED. ON MY FRIEND'S INSTAGRAM. THEY DID IT.

(sorry caps)

Kyle
09-18-2018, 11:46 PM
NO CONFIRMED. ON MY FRIEND'S INSTAGRAM. THEY DID IT.

(sorry caps)

Link?

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:47 PM
I got three videos I'll upload later

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

sick among the pure
09-18-2018, 11:48 PM
I’ll post short snips after the show. It happed. It fucking HAPPENED.

Kyle
09-18-2018, 11:48 PM
I won't believe it until I see it. And maybe not even then

Ribbitman
09-18-2018, 11:49 PM
Oh it happened alright. Maybe this means we'll get AATCHB sometime

TheBang
09-18-2018, 11:50 PM
Man, really feeling bad about missing these dates now:

Bn5Q4_ZANHg

AThousandDaysBefore
09-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

nooneimportant
That's it. I'm done.

https://i.imgur.com/5jnzCA5.gif

Tumnayar
Oh my fuck jesus!~

Kyle
09-18-2018, 11:54 PM
man, really feeling bad about missing these dates now:

bn5q4_zanhg

holy!
Fucking!
Shit!

Ribbitman
09-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Demon Seed and AATCHB coming this tour. Calling it now

Papagolash
09-18-2018, 11:55 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/044/032/heart-attack.jpg

Pbgut
09-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Holy shit. Hoooly shit. Also if they weren't gonna do it this tour, where people waited for like six hours for tickets (even though some had fun), when were they? But mostly: hoooly shit.

Tumnayar
09-19-2018, 12:00 AM
Figured the usual joke when I was watching setlist.fm, man, so awesome!!

Leviathant
09-19-2018, 12:00 AM
I thought I'd seen everything, but that Instagram clip gave me chills.

Fred
09-19-2018, 12:01 AM

Bn5Q4_ZANHg

Shiiiiiiiit.

Also: I sympathise completely, but try being on another continent, man. Weíve mainly been seeing them play relatively static festival sets over here since 2013 and now Ė NOW Ė when they start playing fucking HIS and TPD, itís after ďour last show in Europe for... maybe ever.Ē It hurts.

Tumnayar
09-19-2018, 12:02 AM

me too me too, tempted to go wake my wife up just to tell her!

nooneimportant
09-19-2018, 12:05 AM
We're really going to get those PHM deep cuts aren't we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

poro765
09-19-2018, 12:09 AM
Let's crowdfund an official live album for this tour

acrid avid jam shred
09-19-2018, 12:11 AM
Holy fuck, it sounds awesome!

m0reta
09-19-2018, 12:11 AM
Welp!! That's it for me in this thread until Memphis. I am likely to be a mess all next week until I come home. The drive up to Atlanta and wait to purchases tickets will clearly pay for itself now. Goddamn do I love nine inch nails!!!!

TheBang
09-19-2018, 12:14 AM
Another video:

Bn5Rp4Vhq1U

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 12:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MXzn39aIQ&ab_channel=dcehl71

CAN'T WAIT

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 12:19 AM
Did Trent acknowledge the momentous occasion at all?

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Another video:

Bn5Rp4Vhq1U

thats me! I wanted to record the whole thing but then I just really wanted to be in the moment, knowing there would be a million cellphone videos.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 12:23 AM

nope. Not a word.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 12:24 AM
He said, and I believe I'm quoting this verbatim, "This song is so all you whiny cunts can stop pestering me about it."

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 12:26 AM
Need to hear how they interpreted the drum n bass breakdown.

caca
09-19-2018, 12:26 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/0908411d91bd1c8c1928aa6cd7d2a195.jpg

xolotl
09-19-2018, 12:29 AM
I feel like this deserves an extra quote just about now:

I can see it now.

Band, during rehearsals: ďSo, how many songs are we gonna have to memorize this time around?Ē

Trent: ďAll of them.Ē

Fucking hell, apparently. This tour is absolutely nuts. Cannot wait for Chicago!

BRoswell
09-19-2018, 12:34 AM
Officially changing the name of this tour to the "Pigs Will Fly" tour.

(With apologies to Pink Floyd.)

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 12:36 AM
nope. Not a word.

Not unless you count that huge shit-eating grin toward the last repetitions of “It’s not as much fun to pick up the pieces...” YOU CHEEKY FUCK. We love you.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 12:36 AM
And now the whole thing. Too bad the quality is a little poor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joi2ySHjOXw

Nice reworking of the ending to, what I can only guess was finally a satisfying live ending for Trent.

poro765
09-19-2018, 12:39 AM
Just saw the full video. Ilan and Atticus during the drum part is outside this world.
The outro is almost identical to the studio version, so I wonder if Trent recently made peace with the original studio version or he just didn't feel like performing this song live until now.

ophelia_
09-19-2018, 12:40 AM
If they don't play this in Chicago I am going to cry forever. Can't see an Australian tour happening anytime soon and can't get to any of the other shows on this tour. GAH! Never thought this would happen... who knows what the rest of the tour is in store for!

Papagolash
09-19-2018, 12:47 AM
OMG that breakdown OMG ILAN!!!!! OMGGGGG!!!!!

TheBang
09-19-2018, 12:47 AM
The outro is almost identical to the studio version, so I wonder if Trent recently made peace with the original studio version
Nah, the motifs are still there, but he's definitely reimagined it for this live conclusion.

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 12:50 AM
what is life my head is spinning with anticipation for my NY shows. What a crazy time we're in right now. Thank you Trent & co.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 12:53 AM
OMG that breakdown OMG ILAN!!!!! OMGGGGG!!!!!

Before they even got to that point in the show, I remember the thought crossing my mind, “What a fucking continuously impressive musician Ilan is,” even after all this time. But...little did I know...

loopcloses
09-19-2018, 12:55 AM
Christ alive. I'm going mad trying to figure out how they could possibly try and sustain this level of craziness for a full tour.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't have thought it before tonight, but I now honestly believe PHM Live could be on the table for this tour.

fillow
09-19-2018, 01:00 AM
And they didn't even play Copy Of A or Closer? Meh... What a waste of a show.

poro765
09-19-2018, 01:03 AM
Nah, the motifs are still there, but he's definitely reimagined it for this live conclusion.
Of course, but after reading that Josh Freese interview I'd thought if the song gets played live after all the conclusion would be something... radical.
But no complaints here. Glad to hear the rework of the ending live that seems to please TR for the time being!

JessicaSarahS
09-19-2018, 01:03 AM

Bn5Q4_ZANHg

Oh my god... that sounds fantastic! Really hope this shows up again!

klyrish
09-19-2018, 01:05 AM
Here are my three videos of the second chorus through the drum solo.

Bn5Z_PWnbTW

I just cannot believe this happened. The set was fucking amazing (aside from Suck) up until this and then he went all in. He went all in on the third fucking show of the tour. This is madness. What a fucking night! I cannot wait for tomorrow!

poro765
09-19-2018, 01:07 AM
Seriously, with saxophones, HiS and TPD on the table can we get Purest Feeling live?

fillow
09-19-2018, 01:09 AM
Seriously, with saxophones, HiS and TPD on the table can we get Purest Feeling live?
*cough* Driver Down *cough*

klyrish
09-19-2018, 01:12 AM
I don't know about the rest of you in attendance, but as soon as the intro riff started, I lost my shit. No one else around me seemed to notice or even care. I told one girl next to me this was the first time EVER and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

aphxtwinin
09-19-2018, 01:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDQafzU_o8

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 01:31 AM
*cough* Driver Down *cough*

*cough* Dive and Slam *cough*

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 01:34 AM
I don't know about the rest of you in attendance, but as soon as the intro riff started, I lost my shit. No one else around me seemed to notice or even care. I told one girl next to me this was the first time EVER and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language.
elevenism and I were discussing something like that, how thereís a good chance that the significance of TPD being played may have gone over a lot of heads. Iíd imagine more people were bothered that ďCloserĒ and ďThe Hand That FeedsĒ didnít get played. And thatís both the biggest shame and the most petty shit I can think of.

aphxtwinin
09-19-2018, 01:39 AM
@elevenism (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) and I were discussing something like that, how there’s a good chance that the significance of TPD being played may have gone over a lot of heads. I’d imagine more people were bothered that “Closer” and “The Hand That Feeds” didn’t get played. And that’s both the biggest shame and the most petty shit I can think of.

My wife and I were the only people losing our shit in our immediate area. I don't think most people realized what was happening.

BRoswell
09-19-2018, 01:39 AM
Here's a video with better audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcBvPVPcDxY

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 01:44 AM
^ Reasons I only recorded about 30 seconds of it for Snapchat friends - There’s absolutely no way that it was going to happen and not be heavily documented by other people.

I’m starting to think that part of the charm of this tour is going to be “well, each city is gonna get something special that you just had to be there for.” I don’t want to make assumptions or get my own hopes up, for sure, I’m just saying that if you’re counting by cities, so far we’re two for two for something batshit crazy happening that none of us would have believed a week ago.

Ruined
09-19-2018, 01:48 AM
I'm still in awe of this white unicorn. Thanks to those who provided video of it. Folks there were so damn lucky; curious to see what other surprises are planned. Amazing tour, already! Also, nice job Ilan, drumming the shit out of The Perfect Drug!

ManBurning
09-19-2018, 01:57 AM
A couple pages back, I told myself I wasn't going to look at any more setlists. I broke my rule today, on my own.
I didn't come here first and look in this thread. I willingly went to setlist.fm and started from the bottom up...

First reaction: Hurt - Meh
2nd reaction - Over and Out - What the fuck... man I just ruined that for myself. Pfft, may as well keep going...

"The Perfect..." *heart starts beating really fucking fast* *runs to ETS*

I'm disappointed in myself, but on the other hand, there is no way this was going to be kept a secret tomorrow morning. Every social media news site it going to have this everywhere, if it already isn't already. I feel like this song is going to be the worst kept secret of the tour.

Didn't think they could top Broken being played in full, and then this happened.

I got chills as well at the end part where it all goes quiet right before the lights faded from green to blue before the "without you" part.

sweeterthan
09-19-2018, 02:02 AM
"The Perfect..." *heart starts beating really fucking fast* *runs to ETS*

Pretty much the same except preface it with:
*husbandís snoring waking me up*
*checks setlist since Iím awake*

frankie teardrop
09-19-2018, 02:08 AM
Every social media news site it going to have this everywhere, if it already isn't already. I feel like this song is going to be the worst kept secret of the tour.

yeah, i couldn't really help myself:
http://www.post-punk.com/nin-debut-the-perfect-drug-live-at-red-rocks/

was watching my friend's instagram feed casually, long past my bedtime, when it popped up and i got straight to writing. all the other sites are either sleeping in their beds or snoozing on the news, otherwise.

just now coming down from the excitement.

Hazard
09-19-2018, 02:40 AM
Yeah I lost it at the Perfect Drug. What a fucking incredible night. I'm so glad I'm here tomorrow too, it's almost too much to process. This was an amazing show.

Haysey_Draws
09-19-2018, 02:41 AM
Well...i wasn't expecting THAT! Anything is possible on this tour...ANYTHING!

FineFinchTails
09-19-2018, 02:47 AM
Any chance of these next?

Where Is Everybody
Dear World,
The Idea Of You
Ripe
My Violent Heart

Ghosts tracks
TGWTDT, Gone Girl, Patriots, Vietnam War tracks

butter_hole
09-19-2018, 02:47 AM
The fact that it seemed so easy to do makes me wonder what took them 21 years!

fillow
09-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Disclaimer: not a complaint, just an observation
The current setlists are nice and all, but I honestly expected more Trilogy stuff there, in the way that LITS was 60-70% YZ+Ghosts+Slip material and Tension featured pretty much everything from HM except Eater and Everything.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 02:51 AM

I recognized it and denied it for a second, then instantly yelled oh my god what and turned to my husband to tell him that not only has this never been played before live, but itís the joke within the community as the song that will never be played live. I do not regret spending way more than I should have to go both nights at Red Rocks and both nights in Brooklyn. This tour, this fucking tour.

elevenism
09-19-2018, 02:56 AM
I recognized it and denied it for a second, then instantly yelled oh my god what and turned to my husband to tell him that not only has this never been played before live, but it’s the joke within the community as the song that will never be played live. I do not regret spending way more than I should have to go both nights at Red Rocks and both nights in Brooklyn. This tour, this fucking tour.

Me and ImTheWiseJanitor screamed and like violently hugged each other and then screamed some more, and then he said "no. No dude. This isn't real. This isn't really happening" while it was happening :) :) :)

And yeah, I don't think much of this crowd understood what they were privy to.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 02:57 AM
Disclaimer: not a complaint, just an observation
The current setlists are nice and all, but I honestly expected more Trilogy stuff there, in the way that LITS was 60-70% YZ+Ghosts+Slip material and Tension featured pretty much everything from HM except Eater and Everything.

I'd seen a few people post here hoping that more Ghosts tracks would make a comeback this tour, and I'm totally in that boat, however...I would LOVE to see them drop "Play the Goddamned Part" or "I'm Not From This World" in promotion of the new album. But I'm not so hopeful that I don't see how those songs may not translate as well/be as popular in a live setting. Shit, though. Just thinking about that sax in PTGP being played live gives me chills.

But hey, like everyone else is saying - right now, I'd say absolutely anything is possible setlist-wise this tour. And we're only three shows in.

Edit: V Good timing! I was about to see if you guys ever made it back to your car alive.

elevenism
09-19-2018, 02:57 AM
Hahaha just watched into door of hotel room and the police procedural show that's on is the one that features The Great Collapse.

Sweet synchronicity!

josepfine
09-19-2018, 03:00 AM
Need to hear how they interpreted the drum n bass breakdown.

https://youtu.be/eV10IiU2Kf4

elevenism
09-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Edit: V Good timing! I was about to see if you guys ever made it back to your car alive.
hahaha
AMAZINGLY, we figured it out.

But we had to hike down the side of the goddamn mountain for like ... 35 or 40 min? Lolol.
And then walk down the street for a long time.

The wife actually sat down when we got to the street; we still weren't sure we were in the right place lolol

I was SO fucking happy when I found the car man.

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 03:15 AM
https://youtu.be/4QPdn84DuGc

How everyone who was at the Red Rocks show tonight feels.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 03:28 AM
Hahaha just watched into door of hotel room and the police procedural show that's on is the one that features The Great Collapse.

Sweet synchronicity!

I’m so glad you were able to come after all! What an amazing show! Tomorrow I’ll be getting there a little earlier to chill with anyone who is around.

elevenism
09-19-2018, 03:32 AM
I’m so glad you were able to come after all! What an amazing show! Tomorrow I’ll be getting there a little earlier to chill with anyone who is around.Hell yes! And thanks!!!
I wish you'd been in GA tonight and sat with us. :/?
I mean , don't get me wrong: I'm happy you were sitting where you were, too. But it was SO badass to sit with @ImTheWiseJanitor (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) , with someone who "gets it."

Tomorrow I'm in row 29.

mexicoler
09-19-2018, 03:53 AM
oh my fucking god it happened it actually happened i can't believe my eyes and ears

mexicoler
09-19-2018, 03:59 AM
now that everything is on the table can trent like go on stage on a fetish leather suit and do kinda i want to thx

elevenism
09-19-2018, 04:02 AM
So like, as much as I love Hurt, I REALLY wish they wouldn't close with it.
I didn't just tear up a little tonight. I was fucking CRYING, like, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Kyle
09-19-2018, 04:43 AM
So like, as much as I love Hurt, I REALLY wish they wouldn't close with it.
I didn't just tear up a little tonight. I was fucking CRYING, like, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

If I still had that reaction to the song, I would disagree with you a million percent. As it is, I agree for the exact opposite reason

ChipRock
09-19-2018, 04:47 AM
I was fucking CRYING

I don't get to see Nine Inch Nails very often, but I thought I was a little jaded on Hurt until the RFH. Caught me quite by surprise.

But anyway... The Perfect Drug eh? How was it for you guys?

http://media.giphy.com/media/fcSzSTsE48rNS/giphy.gif

Volband
09-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Holy fucking shit, I haven't even listened to it yet, I just saw that shit on setlist fm, my heart jumped a few beats and I immediately came here. Absolute fucking madman!

He's killing our memes to satisfy our dreams. Very good rendition, just finished it. Man, I love this fella.

somewhat_
09-19-2018, 05:15 AM
I canít even wrap my head around this. ďEverythingĒ is possible!

elevenism
09-19-2018, 05:42 AM
Hey y'all: it just hit me that they played all of Bad Witch minus instrumentals. Granted, that's only four songs, but it's still pretty damn cool

elevenism
09-19-2018, 05:46 AM
I don't get to see Nine Inch Nails very often, but I thought I was a little jaded on Hurt until the RFH. Caught me quite by surprise.

But anyway... The Perfect Drug eh? How was it for you guys?

http://media.giphy.com/media/fcSzSTsE48rNS/giphy.gif

Yeah dude, it's funny: with Hurt I was like "meh. But I guess it's alright, because I haven't seen it live since 08."

And then I'm fucking sobbing. Hahaha. It surprised me too.
Kyle , teach me how to change my reaction to hurt because I'm likely gonna hear it again tomorrow. I
ChipRock it was so fucking surreal, TPD.

mauro995
09-19-2018, 05:47 AM
Atticus seems to like The Perfect Drug. He's moving like... a lot compared to how he usually acts onstage. Maybe he convinced Trent to finally play it.

K-Rice
09-19-2018, 06:12 AM
Well then...Iím definitely buying tickets to Vegas now.

Swykk
09-19-2018, 06:23 AM
I woke, got to work, checked up on Internet shit and thought I was being punk’d.

This gives me hope for AATCHB.

Conan The Barbarian
09-19-2018, 07:03 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/64ec4a51ffcc56f792522819e02d466c.jpg

You know. Freese was my favorite drummer for NiN. I think Iian has taken that place. Monster.

FineFinchTails
09-19-2018, 07:29 AM
I guess TR was like.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gh1lTcwdGY

Hazard
09-19-2018, 07:54 AM
Yeah dude, it's funny: with Hurt I was like "meh. But I guess it's alright, because I haven't seen it live since 08."

@Kyle (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3135) , teach me how to change my reaction to hurt because I'm likely gonna hear it again tomorrow. I
@ChipRock (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4807) it was so fucking surreal, TPD.

Something in the air, I fully expected Hurt, I've seen them like 8 or 9 times live now, and I also had tears streaming. I've teared up before but not like that. I think I was partially sad it was over, I don't know. I'll be in GA tonight.

mostlymad
09-19-2018, 08:07 AM

Kyle , teach me how to change my reaction to hurt because I'm likely gonna hear it again tomorrow. I
ChipRock it was so fucking surreal, TPD.

That happened to me at Riot Fest last year.

Pbgut
09-19-2018, 08:20 AM
After watching a full vid of the TPD performance, I have to wonder how this was not a live staple for the last 21 years. It sounds SO great; the ending works really well. I really hope I get to hear it at RCMH.

r_k_f
09-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Atticus seems to like The Perfect Drug. He's moving like... a lot compared to how he usually acts onstage. Maybe he convinced Trent to finally play it.

Didn't Atticus say in an interview how Trent convinced him to tour live by claiming he wouldn't have to learn too many songs? They've played sooo many different things so far lol..

Arcspiral
09-19-2018, 08:24 AM
This was my 12th time I've seen Nine Inch Nails and it may just be the best show I've seen to date. It may even top the wave goodbye set at the Fonda. I loved how they played "8 Billion" over the PA while setting up the stage. That's easily my favorite Reznor & Ross song yet but one that will likely never see a live performance, so it was cool to hear it at a venue at least.

Obviously TPD was incredible! Ilan Rubin is an absolute beast. I loved how at the end of the drum "solo" in TPD, he casually jumped off the drum riser to play keys. What a fucking badass!

All of the trilogy material sounds amazing live. "Burning Bright" sounds absolutely massive! So glad I'm going tonight and then I've got 2 in Chicago and one of the LA shows. I'm really excited to see what else they pull off this tour (crosses fingers for "Leaving Hope")

cdm
09-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Hey y'all: it just hit me that they played all of Bad Witch minus instrumentals. Granted, that's only four songs, but it's still pretty damn cool

I think there is better than 50/50 chance they play a set of all three EPs back to back to back during this tour.

cahernandez
09-19-2018, 08:41 AM
FUCKEN' ILAN KILLED IT ON TPD! You lucky bastards!!! :) Glad to see people are enjoying the hell out of this!

Pyract
09-19-2018, 09:13 AM
It's cool seeing everyone in the community excited again!

thefragile_jake
09-19-2018, 09:18 AM
Yeah, this tour is fucking nuts. I can't believe he actually did and finally debuted it. It might be a pipe dream, but I hope that song becomes a staple for the first song of the encore for a majority of the tour ... or at least thrown in every night like you expect a song like Head Like a Hole or Wish.

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!

magnolia
09-19-2018, 09:19 AM
I woke, got to work, checked up on Internet shit and thought I was being punk’d.

This gives me hope for AATCHB.
YES!
...just please don't play it until I'm in the audience in New Orleans or LA. :D

alfonso99
09-19-2018, 09:21 AM
this is the best TPD footage so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnvf861FG8U

sweeterthan
09-19-2018, 09:29 AM
I just watched in full. When Ilan gets up from the drum set ... fucking wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klyrish
09-19-2018, 09:39 AM
"Burning Bright" sounds absolutely massive!
That song was amazing and the lighting was SO cool. Those little panels really looked like a bunch of fires burning, especially with the smoke machines billowing through them. Was that the first time "Burning Bright" was played live as well?

I don't know yet what time my wife and I are leaving but I'm hoping to be on the road by like 4:30 (height of rush hour!) and then we're going to stop at like Chipotle or something on the way to eat before getting to the venue. We're in GA and I'd love to meet any of the rest of you going tonight, especially if it means we sit near each other. I'm fucking obsessed with this band and sitting near people who don't get it takes away from the experience. My wife is a fan but not to the extent I am. I want to be able to look at someone during the set and not even need to say anything because they know exactly what's up.

fillow
09-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Ally is playing what instrument exactly?

klyrish
09-19-2018, 09:44 AM
Ally is playing what instrument exactly?
Depending on the song: synths/keyboards, guitar, bass.

fillow
09-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Depending on the song: synths/keyboards, guitar, bass.
Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to The Perfect Drug verse part specifically. You can see it in the video above.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Yeah, this tour is fucking nuts. I can't believe he actually did and finally debuted it. It might be a pipe dream, but I hope that song becomes a staple for the first song of the encore for a majority of the tour ... or at least thrown in every night like you expect a song like Head Like a Hole or Wish.

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!

I have a feeling that shows with one date will receive equal treatment. The name of the game for this tour so far seems to be "something special every night." By nature, I guess that would invalidate the possibility of TPD being played toooo frequently, though. But I guess there's no real way to tell this early into the tour. Hold fast hope!...And to the hope that we might actually get some love in the KS/ St. Louis areas in the near future!

I'm so sore right now, and it's unclear whether it's from climbing uphill to the venue or the savage fucking my soul took last night. The more I think about it, the more I realize how chock-full of songs I personally wanted to hear that setlist was. "Me, I'm Not," TPD, TGD, FINALLY hearing TDTWWA after a literal decade of it not popping up at any shows I went to, "Burning Bright," the majority of Bad Witch...The 550+ mile drive from the other end of Kansas was worth every inch, and the second show hasn't even happened yet.

This was my EIGHTH time seeing them, and HALF of the setlist was songs I'd never seen played live.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to The Perfect Drug verse part specifically. You can see it in the video above.
Oh, sorry. It looks like either a baritone guitar or a bass missing the traditional headstock (https://www.google.com/search?q=headless+bass+guitar&num=50&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS797US797&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixn8vSqMfdAhVi1oMKHcIlDHUQ_AUIDygC&biw=1322&bih=947&dpr=2). It was pretty insane when the song started and I was on the left side but I could've sworn at one point I saw a stand-up bass, but I think I was suffering momentary delirium.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 09:52 AM
That song was amazing and the lighting was SO cool. Those little panels really looked like a bunch of fires burning, especially with the smoke machines billowing through them. Was that the first time "Burning Bright" was played live as well?

I don't know yet what time my wife and I are leaving but I'm hoping to be on the road by like 4:30 (height of rush hour!) and then we're going to stop at like Chipotle or something on the way to eat before getting to the venue. We're in GA and I'd love to meet any of the rest of you going tonight, especially if it means we sit near each other. I'm fucking obsessed with this band and sitting near people who don't get it takes away from the experience. My wife is a fan but not to the extent I am. I want to be able to look at someone during the set and not even need to say anything because they know exactly what's up.

I'm gonna be getting there around 4:30 or so, hopefully. If I can get reception at all, I'll post here and maybe we can all try to sit in a row or something! That'd be dope. But first things first - merch booth, heh.

Those lights WERE killer. So minimal and so effective, perfectly suited for this tour. They created either a shimmering effect and a bit of a nervous tension-sensation, depending on the song. It wasn't the first time they'd played "Burning Bright," either, but it was the first time for me, and that alone would have been a high point, even without TPD.

Reznor2112
09-19-2018, 09:53 AM
This tour is so exciting.

I wish (but know it will never happen) that 'Before and After Faith' would get played at the Memphis gig.

thefragile_jake
09-19-2018, 09:54 AM
I have a feeling that shows with one date will receive equal treatment. The name of the game for this tour so far seems to be "something special every night." By nature, I guess that would invalidate the possibility of TPD being played toooo frequently, though. But I guess there's no real way to tell this early into the tour. Hold fast hope!...And to the hope that we might actually get some love in the KS/ St. Louis areas in the near future!

I'm so sore right now, and it's unclear whether it's from climbing uphill to the venue or the savage fucking my soul took last night. The more I think about it, the more I realize how chock-full of songs I personally wanted to hear that setlist was. "Me, I'm Not," TPD, TGD, FINALLY hearing TDTWWA after a literal decade of it not popping up at any shows I went to, "Burning Bright," the majority of Bad Witch...The 550+ mile drive from the other end of Kansas was worth every inch, and the second show hasn't even happened yet.

This was my EIGHTH time seeing them, and HALF of the setlist was songs I'd never seen played live.

Yeah, I'm really holding out hope that the success of this year's prompts some more additional markets for sometime in 2019 and something much closer to us Missouri folks. :)

klyrish
09-19-2018, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna be getting there around 4:30 or so, hopefully. If I can get reception at all, I'll post here and maybe we can all try to sit in a row or something! That'd be dope. But first things first - merch booth, heh.

Those lights WERE killer. So minimal and so effective, perfectly suited for this tour. They created either a shimmering effect and a bit of a nervous tension-sensation, depending on the song. It wasn't the first time they'd played "Burning Bright," either, but it was the first time for me, and that alone would have been a high point, even without TPD.

Okay, sweet. If traffic is what it usually is, it'll probably take over an hour to get there but hopefully still before 6pm. I'll post once I get there and will obviously be keeping an eye on the boards all day. Holy shit, I'm so excited and am so glad to be a part of this community!

klyrish
09-19-2018, 10:03 AM

Yes! This was my fifteenth and I am so, SO thankful for almost all of the staples being shelved last night. It makes me think tonight's going to be much more "typical" of a set and that's fine, but hopefully there's still a few surprises. I love how the sets so far are much more reminiscent of the 2005 club tour where there seemed to be no discernible "structure" to the sets every night. It makes it much more fun not knowing that when "Gave Up" comes on, we're going into the "slow part" of the set for the next 3 songs.

I really, REALLY hope we get In This Twilight tonight. At this point, that's pretty much the only song I've never heard live and I've been screwed out of it because of venue curfews on at least two occasions.

snaapz
09-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Sweet Jesus! TPD!!!!! I WISH I could see this live.

Based off my youtube viewings... amazing performance and sounds. Totally NIN.

Ilan is quite the talent!! I wonder how much of the perc is Ilan and how much is Atticus? They must be passing the live kit through some specific filters to get that "perfect" sound!

Amazing job by all... I wish I could have been there.

Please come to Canada.

I think this version sounds better. It's a bit more on the lower end, but the high ends are not as overpowering as the version above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8v4StJktQ

bryan_NIN65
09-19-2018, 10:18 AM
I am slightly worried about this, I hope with only one show in some places he doesn't feel like he can only fit the standered hits in the set. Of course that is what red rocks basically got, the normal and a few slightly less regular hits and oh here's the perfect drug. So maybe as long as he squzzes one or two rareites in like we're in this together or sunspots, stuff like that mixed into a standered set would please most I guess. Every show I am sure will be a surprise.

BRoswell
09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Part of me wonders if having Atticus and Ilan in the live band might have convinced Trent to do the song. They might have helped Trent re-think how it could be played. The more recent collaborations with David Lynch might have something to do with it too.

implanted_microchip
09-19-2018, 10:32 AM
At this point I’m only worried we might have nothing left to bitch about after this tour, wow

AThousandDaysBefore
09-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Ilan is the fucking man

kolbydmc
09-19-2018, 10:38 AM
That's the main thing keeping me from purchasing tickets to see them in San Antonio this weekend. They're headlining some butt-rock fest so I'm scared they'll play their festival set again. (Not to mention the $22 fee per ticket added to the regular ticket price!) If I go and I hear "The Fireman" que up, I'll be scared for the entire setlist.

sweeterthan
09-19-2018, 10:39 AM
At this point Iím only worried we might have nothing left to bitch about after this tour, wow

As long as heís not dying. Which was my first dumbfounded thought when I saw TPD was played for real.

fillow
I remember the first show of 2017 tour was streamed live by someone on Facebook(?)
How come it's not happening anymore? Is security a bitch or what?

ImTheWiseJanitor
Part of me wonders if having Atticus and Ilan in the live band might have convinced Trent to do the song. They might have helped Trent re-think how it could be played. The more recent collaborations with David Lynch might have something to do with it too.

I’d imagine so. Having an iteration of the band with so many people with so much talent and skill was probably...instrumental...in deciding what songs they play this time around.

tony.parente
This means they might finally play track 48 off Broken!!!

ricardo
09-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Is it Ilan singing in some verses? Amazing performance.

SM Rollinger
09-19-2018, 10:46 AM
That's the main thing keeping me from purchasing tickets to see them in San Antonio this weekend. They're headlining some butt-rock fest so I'm scared they'll play their festival set again. (Not to mention the $22 fee per ticket added to the regular ticket price!) If I go and I hear "The Fireman" que up, I'll be scared for the entire setlist.
I hear Fireman start and I get excited because I know im going to get brutalized by Branches/Bones.

Or now Mr. Self Destruct, which is even more brutal of an opener.

Now Im Nothing has to be my all time favorite opener though, Trent please bring this back for the 2nd night in Chicago!!!

edit: here is an idea for a setlist, at least the first 5 tracks...

Now Im Nothing
Terrible Lie
Sin
March of the Pigs
Something I Can Never Have

:) :) :)

witte
09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
OMG. Now I really got excited. Hopefully Chicago gets a good one too....
Special about Ilan is not only his drum part, but he's also doing the second (high) voice during the song. Awesome drummer/musician!

bryan_NIN65
09-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I'm really holding out hope that the success of this year's prompts some more additional markets for sometime in 2019 and something much closer to us Missouri folks. :)
THIS.... Since the 2013 KC show I've went to Dallas(2014), Chicago(2017), the first night in Vegas and have tix to Memphis, my wife gonna kill me soon. I might start my new job on Monday and have to skip Memphis if that happens I am driving to Nashville and getting lawn tickets.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 10:59 AM
UGH. They're forecasting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon/evening and while the weather in Colorado is generally volatile and forecasts should be taken with a sack of salt, I've got a feeling this one isn't going to be wrong. :-/

Rain is fine, just no lightning...PLEASE.

StockAvuryah
^ Reasons I only recorded about 30 seconds of it for Snapchat friends - There’s absolutely no way that it was going to happen and not be heavily documented by other people.

I’m starting to think that part of the charm of this tour is going to be “well, each city is gonna get something special that you just had to be there for.” I don’t want to make assumptions or get my own hopes up, for sure, I’m just saying that if you’re counting by cities, so far we’re two for two for something batshit crazy happening that none of us would have believed a week ago.

Lots of vids but not a "fucking great" one though. Never overestimate people, considering every setlist is unique and got some crazy stuff. So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! Or just enjoy it fully without using your fucking phone I guess :p.

I would have come to one of these but the few thousands euros it can take is a bit much unfortunately..

kolbydmc
I hear Fireman start and I get excited because I know im going to get brutalized by Branches/Bones.

Or now Mr. Self Destruct, which is even more brutal of an opener.

Now Im Nothing has to be my all time favorite opener though, Trent please bring this back for the 2nd night in Chicago!!!

edit: here is an idea for a setlist, at least the first 5 tracks...

Now Im Nothing
Terrible Lie
Sin
March of the Pigs
Something I Can Never Have

:) :) :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Fireman into Branches, but I've already seen it.

I'd shit myself if I heard the first drum hit of Mr Self Destruct!

Now I'm Nothing is probably my favorite as well, but I don't want to hear it because that'll mean he's "done" again.
I've had my suspicions that half way through this tour he's gonna be like "yep this is it btw, bye"

As for my dream set, I'd have to go with seeing the downward spiral live!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Lots of vids but not a "fucking great" one though. Never overestimate people, considering every setlist is unique and got some crazy stuff. So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! Or just enjoy it fully without using your fucking phone I guess :p.

I’ve had enough held-up phones with unfocused video on phone screens obscure my view of the stage for long enough to realize that sometimes, you really, really don’t need to film a whole song out of focus and with your phone microphone, and yet people insist. Sentimental value/social media likes, I guess. I’ll snap a picture or short clip now and again but normally, they’re either just for myself or to rub it in a friend’s face that they can’t be there. Maybe that’s twisted, but it’s so fun.

A dude in the row ahead of us last night was filming a video and it was literally just blurred dots of light on a black background. Homie, what’s the point? Who wants to rewatch that? *shrug* To each their own.

Callahan
09-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Fuck it! I caved! Got tickets to the Friday/Saturday shows in Vegas!

I didn't think I'd make any shows on this tour. But between seeing HIS and TPD played, and the newly announced Vegas shows, I'm taking that as a sign I need to see them! I have goose bumps, I can't wait to be standing against the rails watching a live show!

botley
09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
It's super-annoying when people film on their phone, and distracts from the actual stuff happening on the stage, especially in tight quarters when buddy's armpit is right in my face so he can get his terrible autofocused (blurry) video clip of blown-out strobe lights from above everyone's head. Yuck. But I'm not bitter (actually, I kind of am, this was a recurring problem last night at the Gary Numan show I went to see). If you're on the floor you probably can't see shit anyway and your big touchscreen is a huge menace to people around you.

Atu
09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Four new pages since yesterday. Did I miss something?

*reads first one*

Oh...

thefragile_jake
09-19-2018, 11:15 AM
UGH. They're forecasting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon/evening and while the weather in Colorado is generally volatile and forecasts should be taken with a sack of salt, I've got a feeling this one isn't going to be wrong. :-/

Good luck with your show. That's always something that makes me so nervous about outdoor shows is that weather is always so unpredictable and getting rained on is just one of my biggest pet peeves. :(

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 11:24 AM

Rain would be great. My friends came here to see Glass Animals last year and it rained through the entire set, made for a fucking incredible experience.

Please, fuck, let this show happen. Please.

arsenic
09-19-2018, 11:26 AM
OMG. Now I really got excited. Hopefully Chicago gets a good one too....
Special about Ilan is not only his drum part, but he's also doing the second (high) voice during the song. Awesome drummer/musician!

I booked my flight from Berlin to Chicago the other day, @witte (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=82) glad to see that you're also going! I'm still without tickets for the gigs at the moment though.

Regarding the first few shows, I'm speechless as much as you guys are. TPD was incredible, Ilan absolutely killed it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 11:27 AM
It's super-annoying when people film on their phone, and distracts from the actual stuff happening on the stage, especially in tight quarters when buddy's armpit is right in my face so he can get his terrible autofocused (blurry) video clip of blown-out strobe lights from above everyone's head. Yuck. But I'm not bitter (actually, I kind of am, this was a recurring problem last night at the Gary Numan show I went to see). If you're on the floor you probably can't see shit anyway and your big touchscreen is a huge menace to people around you.

It’s shit like that that makes me try to stick to a personal rule I picked up from somewhere: If I’m filming a show, I’m holding that phone as “in my own face” as possible, because I’m not about to be that guy for someone else. If anyone’s experience should be hindered because I’M filming on my phone, it should be mine. If that isn’t possible or I just don’t think it’s worth it, the phone stays in the pocket.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
I think we are definitely getting some PHM deep cuts. "Ringfinger" and "That's What I Get" 2.0 comin up

center27j
09-19-2018, 11:34 AM
on deck...Supernaut

kolbydmc
09-19-2018, 11:42 AM
on deck...Supernaut

I was praying for that when Ministry played right before Nin at Riot fest.

marodi
09-19-2018, 11:47 AM
I had a thousand clever replies to post a second ago but the truth is that I'm just sitting here thinking "what the fuck just happened?"

R-Dot-Yung
09-19-2018, 12:05 PM
Lol, I feel like I fucked up by only buying tickets for 2 shows...

I can't fucking believe this shit.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Re: phone filming/photography
my personal rule is if Iím going to record a clip or take some photos with my phone, it is always close in front of me at chin level. Watch it live, glance at screen from time to time to see how framing is, and ALWAYS at lowest screen brightness and no flash.

do not disturb anyone elseís experience in a negative way for a photo/video, ever.

fishtifer
09-19-2018, 01:23 PM

I was worried about this on the NINJA tour with having only 1 Toronto show that I was attending but I got Mr.Self Destruct, The Becoming, I Do Not Want This, and I'm Afraid of Americans - was hoping for Ruiner too that night but was quite happy with the setlist! Crossing my fingers for Vegas...

klyrish
09-19-2018, 01:35 PM
The bootleg from last night is fucking amazing but in listening to it, it reminded me how much 1,000,000 sucks now. There are no guitars in the song at all anymore and because of that, it's lost all of its power and intensity. :(

LOVEANDZOMBIES
09-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Clearly "The Perfect Drug" was filmed from the stage - but who knows if we'll see it. Either way, with all this footage, someone's bound to make a great multi-cam at the very least.

sonic_discord
09-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Re: phone filming/photography
my personal rule is if I’m going to record a clip or take some photos with my phone, it is always close in front of me at chin level. Watch it live, glance at screen from time to time to see how framing is, and ALWAYS at lowest screen brightness and no flash.

do not disturb anyone else’s experience in a negative way for a photo/video, ever.

This is literally exactly what I do too.

Also, HOLY FUCKING SHIT I can't believe they played The Perfect Drug. PLEASE play it again in Chicago on night 2 or 3!!!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 01:47 PM
^ That's the way to do it!

Clearly "The Perfect Drug" was filmed from the stage - but who knows if we'll see it. Either way, with all this footage, someone's bound to make a great multi-cam at the very least.

I'm hoooping it was filmed (who are we kidding, it was, but that doesn't mean we'll see it for sure), but at least a couple of the cameras on stage were being used for the house screens. Not to say it isn't possible! If that video gets out I'm gonna watch it every single day until I get sick of it.

So help me god if "Demon Seed" gets played tonight or in Chicago. I'll scream. And you'll hear it on aaany recording of it happening.

gorny540
09-19-2018, 01:47 PM
What an impact these set lists have had. I just bought my ticket to night 2 at radio city because the thought of missing Broken or TPD was killing me.

K-Rice
09-19-2018, 02:20 PM
These setlists are more than anything i could have wished for. I already have tickets for both Atlanta shows. I just bought tickets for the new Vegas shows too.

FineFinchTails
09-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Where Is Everybody would be good, as well as Maybe Just Once could be played maybe just once LOL.

Ringfinger, The Great Collapse, My Violent Heart, some soundtrack stuff.

K-Rice
09-19-2018, 02:35 PM
So with TPD now finally being played, what other rarities could we expect? I'm hoping for Now Im Nothing, Great Below, WITT, maybe even 10 Miles High or AATCHB.

ManBurning
09-19-2018, 02:39 PM
I think there is better than 50/50 chance they play a set of all three EPs back to back to back during this tour.

I'm not so sure they will. I can see 1 of the 3 being played in full, like Broken was and then a bunch of classics after. But think of it this way, as a casual fan that wants to hear Hurt, Gave up, THTF, Wish, only etc. how angry would you be if you went to a NIN show and heard NOTHING but new songs. I think he would piss a lot of people off by doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would *LOVE* the thought of all 3 EPs being played back to back in a concert. Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.

It won't happen unless it is previously announced. Like Weird Al recently did a "no hits" tour, and he marketed it as so. He specifically said don't come if you want to hear the singles, because this will be a set of rare songs, no singles will be played, if that is what you want this is not the tour for you. If NIN was going to do it, they would probably sell tickets in advance saying "The trilogy tour: Come hear all 3 EPs played back to back"

Come_Reptile
09-19-2018, 02:48 PM
So tempted to buy one of those Vegas tickets, but I have a hunch that theyíll add a closer PNW date as soon as I do so. These setlists are unbelievable and also giving me so much FOMO.

ManBurning
09-19-2018, 02:57 PM

I look back at the previous incarnations of NIN over the year, and I don't think it could have been pulled off without this combination of musicians. Not knocking any of the previous members. They were all good in their own ways, but I think this lineup *IS* the definitive NIN lineup now. I used to think the Fragility lineup was the best live lineup, but they were more sloppy, which isn't a bad thing. That's what the band was going for in those days. A Raw, energetic, chaotic approach on stage, where it was dangerous to not only be in the pit for one of those shows, but to be on stage as well. No one was safe. But the fragility lineup, wouldn't have been able to pull this song off. Not even close. I don't even think the [With_Teeth] lineup could have pulled this off either.

Live NIN is like wine. It gets better with age. These guys are on the top of their game now more than ever.

thefragile_jake
09-19-2018, 03:06 PM
So with TPD now finally being played, what other rarities could we expect? I'm hoping for Now Im Nothing, Great Below, WITT, maybe even 10 Miles High or AATCHB.

And All That Could Have Been is my top choice!

LOVEANDZOMBIES
09-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Quick and dirty modified edit of TPD without the loud yelling - just cause. Figured I'd share. http://www.mediafire.com/file/d773xi3mfc2xda1/NIN-TPD_mixdown.mp3

cdm
09-19-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm not so sure they will. I can see 1 of the 3 being played in full, like Broken was and then a bunch of classics after. But think of it this way, as a casual fan that wants to hear Hurt, Gave up, THTF, Wish, only etc. how angry would you be if you went to a NIN show and heard NOTHING but new songs. I think he would piss a lot of people off by doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would *LOVE* the thought of all 3 EPs being played back to back in a concert. Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.

It won't happen unless it is previously announced. Like Weird Al recently did a "no hits" tour, and he marketed it as so. He specifically said don't come if you want to hear the singles, because this will be a set of rare songs, no singles will be played, if that is what you want this is not the tour for you. If NIN was going to do it, they would probably sell tickets in advance saying "The trilogy tour: Come hear all 3 EPs played back to back"

All good points and you're probably right. I could see it happening in NY (4 shows total between RCMH and Brooklyn) or LA. Counterpoint: Trent DGAF about fans whining. Counter-counterpoint: You're probably right.

loopcloses
09-19-2018, 03:30 PM
I just listened to the "God Break Down the Door" performance from 9/14 and holy shit, I am so bummed I missed that. I never would have guessed it from the record, but that's gotta be my favorite live NIN performance since While I'm Still Here/Black Noise from Tension. That climax is insane.

Also, I enjoyed Trent taking special care to talk about how excellent and particularly underrated Year Zero is. He knows what's up.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 03:33 PM
If anywhere, I think LA would be the opportunity to get really experimental like this, obviously.

StockAvuryah
09-19-2018, 04:26 PM
I’ve had enough held-up phones with unfocused video on phone screens obscure my view of the stage for long enough to realize that sometimes, you really, really don’t need to film a whole song out of focus and with your phone microphone, and yet people insist. Sentimental value/social media likes, I guess. I’ll snap a picture or short clip now and again but normally, they’re either just for myself or to rub it in a friend’s face that they can’t be there. Maybe that’s twisted, but it’s so fun.

A dude in the row ahead of us last night was filming a video and it was literally just blurred dots of light on a black background. Homie, what’s the point? Who wants to rewatch that? *shrug* To each their own.

I agree, hence the "So if you plan on filming a very good take, record it ! ", fuck everyone who thinks filming more than 30sec for the memory is necessary. But hey, why not get a 10sec snippet for a multicam or somethin if you have the last mega-giga-phone-with 4K-60-FPS-ISO without putting it above everyones head.

I think it's always for the screens on the side of the stage. But maybe they save the vids sometimes.

dlb
09-19-2018, 04:29 PM
well, this is insane right now! which one is the best video of both, HIS and Perfect Drug on youtube right now? :)

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 04:40 PM
My votes for the next rarities are Home, Deep, And All That Could Have Been, & Beside You In Time --> Right Where It Belongs

Anyone think there's ANY chance he would whip out Memorabilia?

fowler
09-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Just saying, if fans are already getting all up in arms for not hearing "Closer" live, imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they paid $150 to just hear the 3 new EPs and not get anything old at all.

I agree with everything you said, but I think people are putting way too much stock into the Closer not being played complaint. Wasn't this just one "fan" that complained on twitter? Hardly indicative of the general sentiment.

AThousandDaysBefore
09-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Maybe not the 3 eps in one night, but I can see
EP+Classics+other stuff =night 1 (NtAE Night)
EP 2+Classics+Other stuff =night 2 (Ad Violence Night)
EP+Classics+other stuff night 3 (Bad Witch Night)

I see not anymore, sin, we're in this together, Aatchb, where is everybody soon in the setlists
Maybe Leaving Hope, similar to in this twilight in lits tour with all the band leaving stage, when the song is coming to the end.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 05:11 PM
I hope we get We're In This Together tonight. If it's a 100% staple setlist aside from that song, I'll die happy.

TheRealNs1
09-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Some poor bastard on reddit left after HLAH. I'm not sure if he's still alive TBH.

botley
09-19-2018, 05:19 PM
some poor bastard on reddit left after hlah. I'm not sure if he's still alive tbh.
rip in peace

LOVEANDZOMBIES
09-19-2018, 05:26 PM
I hope we get We're In This Together tonight. If it's a 100% staple setlist aside from that song, I'll die happy.

Ditto... If you win - we all do!

botley
09-19-2018, 05:45 PM
It's amazing that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even on last night's printed setlist; I'd like to think perhaps TR 'called an audible' and busted it out without telling anybody beforehand.

ManBurning
09-19-2018, 06:00 PM
It's amazing that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even on last night's printed setlist; I'd like to think perhaps TR 'called an audible' and busted it out without telling anybody beforehand.

Well, the lighting guys would have at least been "in the know". That lighting on stage was designed specifically for that song. No way they would have been able to improvise that on the spot. It was too spot-on to have been "on the fly"

If he somehow was able to keep that song a total surprise to everyone except who was in the band, then kudos to him. But Someone in the NIN camp would have heard them at least rehearsing the song.

Question is: Do you guys think this was a 1-off appearance of the song ever or do you guys think it will pop up again this tour?

TheRealNs1
09-19-2018, 06:05 PM
Well, the lighting guys would have at least been "in the know". That lighting on stage was designed specifically for that song. No way they would have been able to improvise that on the spot. It was too spot-on to have been "on the fly"

I bet their old LD could've done it on the fly (or at least look good trying)

Wolfkiller
09-19-2018, 06:19 PM
I'll bring so much mango la croix if you play the perfect drug in chicago teitan

botley
09-19-2018, 06:35 PM
^ Oh they 100% rehearsed it beforehand (Robin and Ally had mandolins ready to rock) with full lighting cues programmed, I'm just saying maybe it wasn't planned to be debuted this early in the tour and was added to the encore at the last minute.

SM Rollinger
09-19-2018, 06:41 PM
Bring me Where is Everybody?!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
^ Oh they 100% rehearsed it beforehand (Robin and Ally had mandolins ready to rock) with full lighting cues programmed, I'm just saying maybe it wasn't planned to be debuted this early in the tour and was added to the encore at the last minute.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren't there people who attended meet and greets or something (maybe in 2009?) who said that they’d heard it being soundchecked?

ManBurning
09-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren't there people who attended meet and greets or something (maybe in 2009?) who said that they’d heard it being soundchecked?

It's no doubt been rehearsed many times throughout the years. Was rehearsed as early as the 2005-2006 with teeth tour to my knowledge. There were those "with teeth live rehearsals" that were leaked many, many years ago and apparently the perfect drug was rehearsed with that set, but no recording ever surfaced, unfortunately. That "sunspots live at rehearsals" is one of the best things in existence. I wish I had a really good quality recording of TPD like that.

WorzelG
09-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Bring me Where is Everybody?!
I love this song and don’t get the hate for it. I don’t see the lyrics as being such a bad thing either, pop music thrives on repetitive lyrics, sometimes it’s about how they sound, not what they say

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 07:11 PM
It's no doubt been rehearsed many times throughout the years. Was rehearsed as early as the 2005-2006 with teeth tour to my knowledge. There were those "with teeth live rehearsals" that were leaked many, many years ago and apparently the perfect drug was rehearsed with that set, but no recording ever surfaced, unfortunately. That "sunspots live at rehearsals" is one of the best things in existence. I wish I had a really good quality recording of TPD like that.

Christ, I forgot all about those rehearsal recordings! Shit. I’m gonna have to listen to those again soon. Sunspots. Someday.

Deepvoid
09-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Wow! I'm speechless right now. That sounded absolutely perfect. Ilan is a beast. He totally killed it.

henryeatscereal
09-19-2018, 08:24 PM
Ilan has officially knocked out Josh Freeze of the "pedestal" and has become my favorite NIN drummer, ever!

Max
09-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Canít wait for Atlanta night 2.

My dream request would be a cover of Joy Divisionís Means to An End. Another Saul Williams appearance with a ton of Year Zero and a couple Martyr Loser King tracks. In this Twilight. Over and Out.

Man Iíll be happy with anything though. Itís all awesome.

FULLMETAL
09-19-2018, 08:28 PM
There are some weather issues for the show tonight. Tobacco isn't opening and J&MC will go on at 7p with NIN following at 8p. Let's hope everyone stays safe & the weather ends up being a non-issue.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 08:39 PM
Glad I was here early enough yesterday for everyone, got here and J&MC was already on. I hope we don’t get a short set because of the potential storms, though I understand when it’s dangerous to have to cut it.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 08:43 PM
I don't think it was a last minute addition. I think it was 100% kept off the setlist to keep those nosy looky-loo fans from spoiling it.

tricil
09-19-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't think it was a last minute addition. I think it was 100% kept off the setlist to keep those nosy looky-loo fans from spoiling it.

Yep. Thereís even a Blank Space where there traditionally isnít.

tricil
09-19-2018, 09:07 PM
We have a setlist troll already

arsenic
09-19-2018, 09:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BLPJk83.png

LOL it kind of reminds me of the one time (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3310-Stupid-setlist-fm-trolling) when @tony.parente (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107) @Kyle (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3135) and I were editing the setlist.fm page saying that they played TPD, and everyone on twitter was freaking out.
The good old times..

Kyle
09-19-2018, 09:18 PM
And then when it was played for real I came through with

[*=left]about 22 hours ago
[*=right]https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/7320c5682f1b9f6643adb7c48880e375.jpg?s=40&d=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.setlist.fm%2Fimg%2Ftranspix.gi f
kyle759User (https://www.setlist.fm/user/kyle759)

It isn't a NIN setlist without a Perfect Drug troll....

fishtifer
09-19-2018, 09:32 PM
Canadians: It's cheaper to fly to Las Vegas from Calgary, Alberta Canada than it is to fly to Toronto. I got both nights in Vegas with the presale, booked Thursday-Monday with Aircanada Vacations: Flight and hotel at the Hard Rock for 2 people was only $1025 Canadian! Thursday-Monday was the best deal, a day shorter and it goes up $200-300. Westjet Vacations was $1200-1300.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Happiness in slavery YESSSSSSSSS

Kyle
09-19-2018, 09:50 PM
This is an aggressive setlist tonight

Papagolash
09-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Good fucking lord tonights setlist so far

Branches/Bones
Mr. Self Destruct
Letting You
Piggy
This Isn't the Place
Burn
Help Me I Am in Hell
Happiness in Slavery
Eraser
Closer

tricil
09-19-2018, 09:54 PM
So far no MOTP

sick among the pure
Finally, Closer! Now random people who find themselves at a NIN show won’t bitch.

tricil
This is an aggressive setlist tonight
Yes this it 2018’s assault set for sure.

arsenic
09-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Finally, Closer! Now random people who find themselves at a NIN show won’t bitch.

"but they haven't played copy of a yet! So disappointing #NightRuined "

edit: oh well, there it is. I called it

nooneimportant
09-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Admit it, Pinion into That's What I Get would be glorious. It makes no sense but it sure would bring the house down.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Closer followed immediately by Copy of A. Best show. Ever?

TheBang
09-19-2018, 10:03 PM
That would be awesome if that was an intentional trolling.

bryan_NIN65
09-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Admit it, Pinion into That's What I Get would be glorious. It makes no sense but it sure would bring the house down.

I fucking rock that and kinda I want to all the time I would rather get either one of those over the perfect drug!! Call me crazy I don't give a fuck. PHM was my first NIN album and I would die happy we I get a a lot of PHM songs in Memphis.

arsenic
09-19-2018, 10:05 PM
That would be awesome if that was an intentional trolling.

that was my first thought as well, this cannot be a coincidence haha

edit: I just checked on nintourhistory, I had forgot that the two songs they're often played together. But still

Kyle
09-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Yes this it 2018ís assault set for sure.

And they did it without MotP, Gave Up or Wish

Ribbitman
09-19-2018, 10:17 PM
Happiness in Slavery into Eraser? Jesus fucking christ

trollmanen
09-19-2018, 10:17 PM
Glad to see Branches/Bones in there.

nooneimportant
09-19-2018, 10:19 PM

Classic 1994 NIN right there.

Hazard
09-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Who is here tonight I want to meet you

Kyle
09-19-2018, 10:21 PM

Just like the first time I saw them

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=318

tricil
09-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Wow, home?!

Kyle
09-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Wow, home?!

That was out of left field but so much of this tour is anyway

firewlker
09-19-2018, 10:36 PM
All The Love In The World at this moment, for real.

tricil
09-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Good lord.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 10:39 PM
It should be obvious already, but Trent is really giving some tremendous fan-service this tour.

K-Rice
09-19-2018, 10:41 PM
Good god. Iím done looking at setlists until the Atlanta shows. Every show it seems is getting something epic and unique.

tricil
09-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Good god. I’m done looking at setlists until the Atlanta shows. Every show it seems is getting something epic and unique.
Only two more to go till Atlanta and one is a festival.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 10:44 PM
I will have videos.

Come_Reptile
09-19-2018, 10:44 PM
They played Home for real?! Brb crying at the thought.

TheBang
09-19-2018, 10:45 PM
It should be obvious already, but Trent is really giving some tremendous fan-service this tour.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 10:45 PM
I really hope Hurt is a false ending since the weather cleared. It's barelt been 80 minutes...

arsenic
09-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Did they really play.... Maybe Just Once?

edit: damned setlist's trolls. But with this tour you never know.

K-Rice
09-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Is somebody trolling setlist.fm or did I really just read what I thought read? Maybe Just Once?

BRoswell
Nice to see that "Happiness In Slavery" wasn't just a one-off performance.

tricil
I really hope Hurt is a false ending since the weather cleared. It's barelt been 80 minutes...

21 seems to be the magic number this tour. Maybe In This Twilight?

TheBang
09-19-2018, 10:48 PM
Trolling. Someone trying to sneak it in there, but it's really hard to tell now.

gorast
09-19-2018, 10:51 PM
I wanted to avoid setlists until my Atlanta show, but since this one was running while I was awake, I decided to peek in. God damn.

I hope, in particular, that the With Teeth rarities recur at my show. That would be amazing. But I'm sure they'll have moved on to some other mind-blowing nonsense for that show, so we'll see.

Hazard
09-19-2018, 10:55 PM

Im bawling. All the love set me off then Hurt. Even though I’ve heard it a thousand times live. This is a gift to us.

Who is is still here I’d love to meet you

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 11:01 PM
Finally, Closer! Now random people who find themselves at a NIN show wonít bitch.

Papagolash
09-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Welp, thanks to these setlists I've gone ahead and bought tickets to the 2 Vegas shows. Not sure how I'm getting there yet, but I'll figure it out.

Papagolash
09-19-2018, 11:09 PM
uNF!!! 1st clip of Happiness In Slavery I've seen so far. https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/9hbmsr/happiness_in_slavery_red_rocks_night_2/

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 11:19 PM
"So, we were talking backstage, and we decided we're going to move here. We're actually going to squat right here at Red Rocks. And were gonna take up a residency and play here for the rest of our years... so get comfortable."

klyrish
09-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Im bawling. All the love set me off then Hurt. Even though Iíve heard it a thousand times live. This is a gift to us.

Who is is still here Iíd love to meet youIt was a cluster fuck getting out. Sorry. It would've been great to meet you!

klyrish
09-19-2018, 11:26 PM
21 seems to be the magic number this tour. Maybe In This Twilight?I wanted that song so fucking baldy. I'm cursed to never get to hear it.

frl
09-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Yep, bit the bullet and got tickets for the two Vegas shows. Who knows when they'll play Seattle again and they are so on point this tour cycle.

poro765
09-19-2018, 11:28 PM
NIN finally played Closer and Copy Of A! Even back to back! Best show ever!

Home, All The Love In The World and Dead Souls as an encore?
If somebody told me before this tour he's expecting the whole Broken album as an opener, The Perfect Drug, Home, All The Love In The World and Dead souls as an encore I would've said he's out of his mind, but it's possible now lol

Hazard
09-19-2018, 11:28 PM
Iím still near trading post if anyone is around. Not eager for this night to end

bobbie solo
09-19-2018, 11:35 PM
My votes for the next rarities are Home, Deep, And All That Could Have Been, & Beside You In Time --> Right Where It Belongs

Thanks teitan. Please play again at some point during your 5 days in NYC. All The Love In The World too? Sure why not, that song is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm more curious to see this festival setlist than I have been in a very, very long time. If he's willing to play some of these older gems this tour, alot of them would work just dandy at a festival. A festival/casual crowd would be into songs like Mr. Self Destruct, Happiness & especially The Perfect Drug (was a single).

nooneimportant
09-19-2018, 11:48 PM
Trent should play Happiness in Slavery to close the Festival set. Break something. Please.

Exocet
09-19-2018, 11:48 PM
i remember an interview with Trent in 2005 around the time With Teeth came out on the BBC, where he said he thought the Perfect Drug was the worst song he had ever wrote .which is just absurd and baffling its one of his best commercial sounding tracks.
almost like he was being provocative on purpose!! its like Bowie saying Heroes is one of his worst tracks, never made sense
I always liked the Drum n Bass influence in the track, in the 90s in an interview around the time the song was written he said that the mid 90s drum n bass scene was his biggest inspiration at that point.
and again as others have said it sounds so easy to play live. wtf?
Where is Everybody is the next track he has to play, one of the best, biggest, fattest epic tunes on the Fragile...another track he bizarely seems to dislike...and more Were in this Together its only been played about 3 or 4 times.

Also Was it Worth it from Fragile Deviations, a mindblowing instrumental track I have no idea why it did not make it onto the Fragile?? or at least a B side, would sound good live too.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 11:51 PM
"So, we were talking backstage, and we decided we're going to move here. We're actually going to squat right here at Red Rocks. And were gonna take up a residency and play here for the rest of our years... so get comfortable."... And then they ended 2 songs later. :(

klyrish
09-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Yep, bit the bullet and got tickets for the two Vegas shows. Who knows when they'll play Seattle again and they are so on point this tour cycle.Nice! Wife and I decided to go to Vegas as well. Getting ticket (hopefully) in the morning!

Hazard
09-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Yeah we need to go to Las Vegas. See you all there.

ManBurning
09-20-2018, 12:59 AM
How many songs did these guys rehearse!? Holy shit... I know last night got the perfect drug, but honestly... tonight's setlist wins the tour so far! Holy shit.

elevenism
09-20-2018, 01:00 AM
Just like the first time I saw them

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=318me too brother.

Bachy
09-20-2018, 01:22 AM
Wow. I had to leave yesterday's show because my girlfriend's car broke down. I was lucky enough to get a ticket to this show, and I got fucking "Happiness In Slavery." I lost my shit (almost literally). Tonight's setlist was like something out of fan-fiction.

ManBurning
09-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Yeah we need to go to Las Vegas. See you all there.

Already bought my tickets, brother. Already bought my tickets. See ya'll there. I know it's irresponsible, but fuck it. These sets are too good to be true.

Kyle
09-20-2018, 01:33 AM
me too brother.

Ironically, you posted this about the same time I made a post in the "first NIN show" thread that I started with "my experience was similar to elevenism on the first page"

seriously though, I saw a lot of my experience in your post

tfang
09-20-2018, 01:54 AM
Holy fuck this tour is just getting going and it's already blowing all the minds. Now the balance of trying to get more shows in, keep a roof over my head, and stay employed. Hopefully, they just pop into the northwest for a bit and make things easy.

Really am speechless after these two nights in Colorado.

Helpmeiaminhell
09-20-2018, 02:16 AM
Someone on the inside please leak out the 2018 rehearsal tape like they did with the 2005 and 2013 rehearsals......Fucking rehearsal with TPD and HIS and Digital......yes please

ManBurning
09-20-2018, 02:41 AM
"So, we were talking backstage, and we decided we're going to move here. We're actually going to squat right here at Red Rocks. And were gonna take up a residency and play here for the rest of our years... so get comfortable."

So, confirmed? This is not their final tour. Key words: "rest of our years"
So, we have plenty more years of touring NIN!

ssjboss
09-20-2018, 03:25 AM
Sunspots will be cool :)

Kyle
09-20-2018, 03:33 AM
So, confirmed? This is not their final tour. Key words: "rest of our years"
So, we have plenty more years of touring NIN!

The punchline is that the rest of their years means this year