PDA

View Full Version : COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

paul_guyet
12-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Say who what and where???...hahahaha During Garson performing "Greensleeves", there are alternating red and green NIN logos behind and above him. Struck me as a bit festive...

Edit: yup, see above.

paul_guyet
12-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Also, did a little math, give or take dropping the lyric every once in a while, Trent said the phrase "the perfect drug" about 640 times.

sick among the pure
12-19-2018, 12:16 AM
Obviously the nod to x-mas was to say we're getting a pony </ARG> I'm joking but on the off chance we do I'm going to say I called it

bobbie solo
12-19-2018, 02:49 AM
As for “TEH LAYYYY-ZORSSS!!!”... not sure how I feel about NIN using it. I fully understand Tool neither invented lasers nor were the first band to use them, but I always associate the use of lasers with Tool shows since they incorporate them so well within their production. No need for the nut job Tool fans to scream “Trent stole Tool’s lighting!!!”. The other thing is SO many bands are using them these days too so it’s not quite as “special” seeing as it was some years ago. If Trent decides to do another high production tour I’m curious to see if he puts them in. Also weird that they were only used in LA. From my understanding there are actual “laser techs” involved with lighting, which would add to the crew.

I figured the lasers were added for the LA homestand b/c HTDA factored so heavily into most nights of the 6 shows. Lasers were a large part of the HTDA stage show when they toured, and were def. used during their songs last week. But then since you have 'em already, the NIN camp clearly thought "hey let's use them other times during the show too".

elevenism
12-19-2018, 05:15 AM
for anyone into technical production details (all 3 of you)...

https://www.livedesignonline.com/concerts/lighting-plots-gear-nin-cold-and-black-and-infinite-tour
Thank you for this. As for ME, I certainly don't understand it all, but my brother, who is a career lighting tech, he totally geeked out over it.

botley
12-19-2018, 06:19 AM
Cooy of a looked great on this tour, loved what they did with the scrolling shadows. They really did the most with the least IMHO, and the stobes were fantastic.

As for “TEH LAYYYY-ZORSSS!!!”... not sure how I feel about NIN using it. I fully understand Tool neither invented lasers nor were the first band to use them, but I always associate the use of lasers with Tool shows since they incorporate them so well within their production. No need for the nut job Tool fans to scream “Trent stole Tool’s lighting!!!”. The other thing is SO many bands are using them these days too so it’s not quite as “special” seeing as it was some years ago. If Trent decides to do another high production tour I’m curious to see if he puts them in. Also weird that they were only used in LA. From my understanding there are actual “laser techs” involved with lighting, which would add to the crew.
Not to mention needing a bunch of extra space in the semi-trailer to cart them all around. I think there are sometimes legal restrictions in local venues about laser use. Hmm, or maybe that's not the case with theatres anymore, but it certainly is with outdoor shows (particularly when the festival location is under a flight path!)...

Totally agree about them doing the most with the least! The lighting design was absolutely excellent, particularly given the overwhelming number of different songs in the setlist -- the team really nailed (LOL) each one in terms of precisely cueing different parts in every song, and being sympathetic to the overall vibe of each one.

DVYDRNS
12-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Dear teitan,

For xmas this year, I would like a nice crystal clear SBD recording in lossless format of the December 11 show (1989-1994 setlist)

Not that. But i recorded a couple songs pretty close to the stage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcDxT68wXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv9pfvD3-fc

Krazy
12-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I figured the lasers were added for the LA homestand b/c HTDA factored so heavily into most nights of the 6 shows. Lasers were a large part of the HTDA stage show when they toured, and were def. used during their songs last week. But then since you have 'em already, the NIN camp clearly thought "hey let's use them other times during the show too".

What songs were those in? Didn’t attend any of the HTDA shows, but watched the vids way back when and don’t recall lasers.

TheRealNs1
12-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Lots of bands use lasers / strobes / screens, but nobody puts the whole package together quite like NIN. I don't think the lasers would have been as effective in the Tension / LitS era because there was already so much going on, but IMO the lasers added something to the lightshow that's been missing since 2013.

botley
12-19-2018, 07:38 PM
What songs were those in? Didn’t attend any of the HTDA shows, but watched the vids way back when and don’t recall lasers.
You don't recall them because there weren't any. They had an LED wall, and projections on the surgical tubing, plus a few conventional moving lights (https://www.claypaky.it/en/products/sharpy)... that's it.

AThousandDaysBefore
12-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Do you think there will be a Cold and black infinite 2.0 tour?
with a better production?
Maybe this is the reason, they didn't play The idea of you, not anymore, she's gone away (All those songs fit perfectly with the idea of the tour and was a little strange those songs weren't on the tour)

valiantsteed
12-20-2018, 01:01 AM
You know if we aren’t spoiled and don’t get any live sound board goodies at some point I would be completely fine with a rehearsal set from this tour including some of those unplayed trilogy songs.

phew that would be sweet

BRoswell
12-20-2018, 01:25 AM
Do you think there will be a Cold and black infinite 2.0 tour?

I doubt it. It definitely seems like they've closed this chapter of the band's history and are moving on.

SuperstarPJ
12-20-2018, 04:00 AM
Bit late with this but I flew over for the last four LA dates. Just getting through the jetlag atm! I've done multiple Europe dates before including six earlier this year and was wondering if this was a step too far in terms of time off work and expense but a few minutes into the first show I knew it was worth it :D These were the best shows I've ever seen. Really enjoyed the venue it felt much smaller than I'd anticipated. I had a decent spot in the pit for all shows and the crowd were generally really energetic. Obviously lots of ppl on phones at times which can be a bit annoying, but it's nice to see the footage so can't complain too much! I really enjoyed everything: The performances, the setlists, the support acts. Have wanted to see Jesus&Mary Chain for a while and was enjoying them more and more each night.

The first show I went to was particularly amazing with only older songs, and the start was really cool with them just suddenly coming on through the smoke.
Was tainted only by the fact someone stole my passport from my pocket towards the end of the show. I got it back afterwards from lost&found minus the cash I had in with it, but it did mean I spent the last few songs distracted and stressed out. Didn't really get to enjoy Dead Souls because of this which was a shame as it's one of my favourites! Other highlights from the rest of the shows for me were Just Like You Imagined, The Perfect Drug and was really happy to get The Big Come Down on the last night.

But yeah overall was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Would definitely do it again if they have another run there someday. I did partly go out of paranoia they might stop touring but glad to hear that doesn't seem to be the case. Sad it's all over for now though and I'll miss coming here so often constantly refreshing pages looking for merch info and tour journals! Now need to sort out some frames for my signed photo and Emek film print :D

nooneimportant
12-20-2018, 04:48 AM
I'm sure there will be shows in 2019 since this run was so well received and Trent himself said he was really enjoying it.

sweeterthan
12-20-2018, 06:58 AM
Bit late with this but I flew over for the last four LA dates. Just getting through the jetlag atm! I've done multiple Europe dates before including six earlier this year and was wondering if this was a step too far in terms of time off work and expense but a few minutes into the first show I knew it was worth it [emoji3] These were the best shows I've ever seen. Really enjoyed the venue it felt much smaller than I'd anticipated. I had a decent spot in the pit for all shows and the crowd were generally really energetic. Obviously lots of ppl on phones at times which can be a bit annoying, but it's nice to see the footage so can't complain too much! I really enjoyed everything: The performances, the setlists, the support acts. Have wanted to see Jesus&Mary Chain for a while and was enjoying them more and more each night.

The first show I went to was particularly amazing with only older songs, and the start was really cool with them just suddenly coming on through the smoke.
Was tainted only by the fact someone stole my passport from my pocket towards the end of the show. I got it back afterwards from lost&found minus the cash I had in with it, but it did mean I spent the last few songs distracted and stressed out. Didn't really get to enjoy Dead Souls because of this which was a shame as it's one of my favourites! Other highlights from the rest of the shows for me were Just Like You Imagined, The Perfect Drug and was really happy to get The Big Come Down on the last night.

But yeah overall was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Would definitely do it again if they have another run there someday. I did partly go out of paranoia they might stop touring but glad to hear that doesn't seem to be the case. Sad it's all over for now though and I'll miss coming here so often constantly refreshing pages looking for merch info and tour journals! Now need to sort out some frames for my signed photo and Emek film print [emoji3]

I’m so sorry that happened to you and I’m so glad you got your passport back.

Helpmeiaminhell
12-20-2018, 12:30 PM
The beauty of these barebones shows production wise is they can schedule some festival dates next summer without any hassle of light shows and stage setup....They can just show up and play...I wouldnt be shocked if they did a week or so of shows in Europe just to stay fresh.

theimage13
12-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Are there NO videos of A Drowning? I haven't seen one surface anywhere, which is really disappointing.

klyrish
12-24-2018, 11:49 AM
I finally listened to the reworked version of "In This Twilight" from 12/14 and, uh...yeah. Glad that was a one-time thing. :-|

ninlive
12-24-2018, 04:35 PM
I finally listened to the reworked version of "In This Twilight" from 12/14 and, uh...yeah. Glad that was a one-time thing. :-|

The IEM version of that night sounds really good for that song. Just need a good recording to matrix it with.

Krazy
12-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Are there NO videos of A Drowning? I haven't seen one surface anywhere, which is really disappointing.

Didnt even realize that song was played, had to go back through the setlists and looks like LA night one. Not much a fan of HTDA, but that’s a great song and by far my favorite from them.

Just did a search on YT and found nothing.

m0reta
12-25-2018, 02:59 AM

Did you try Vimeo?!! haha just kidding. Merry Christmas! Hope my inane filming doesn't drive you krazy!

https://vimeo.com/308162598

ManBurning
12-25-2018, 04:53 AM
Didnt even realize that song was played, had to go back through the setlists and looks like LA night one. Not much a fan of HTDA, but that’s a great song and by far my favorite from them.

Just did a search on YT and found nothing.

"The Drowning" is also my favorite, and personally, the only track from the band I enjoy. Not sure why that is, but the song is fantastic.

theimage13
12-25-2018, 05:26 AM
Did you try Vimeo?!! haha just kidding. Merry Christmas! Hope my inane filming doesn't drive you krazy!

https://vimeo.com/308162598

Well merry freakin' christmas to me. Thanks!

SM Rollinger
12-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Really? No Down In It?

With all the screaming and chaos I thought it would have been played at least once this tour. :(

botley
12-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Really? No Down In It?

With all the screaming and chaos I thought it would have been played at least once this tour. :(
"I looked him right in the eye and waved goodbye."

bryan_NIN65
12-25-2018, 04:57 PM
Really? No Down In It?

During Vegas night 2 after I realised it was an old school night during the encore I keept thinking this is the the time for Down in It, or maybe Hearsy at worst Dead Souls, well it wound up being Dead Souls, I can't complain though cause that show will still go down in history as one of the greatest.

sick among the pure
12-25-2018, 07:16 PM
Ever since he first time I heard A Drowning, I have been wanting to hear Robin play that outro guitar. Did not disappoint.

SM Rollinger
12-25-2018, 07:42 PM
During Vegas night 2 after I realised it was an old school night during the encore I keept thinking this is the the time for Down in It, or maybe Hearsy at worst Dead Souls, well it wound up being Dead Souls, I can't complain through cause that show will still go down in history as one of the greatest.
Agreeded, I just listened to ScreamingSlaves' tape again today and thats such a great setlist.

Down In It would have been great at LA nite 3 too

AThousandDaysBefore
12-25-2018, 09:59 PM
2018 vs 2009 : The differences

2009: The downward spiral
2018: Broken and Further down the spiral nights

2009: Non Entity, Gone Still, Fragile, Discipline, Echoplex, The way out is through, Head Down, Piggy (Nothing can stop me now), Down in it, Collector, The line begins to blur, Meet your master, the warning, Right where it belongs V2, Lights in the sky , Not so pretty now, Heresy, Big man with a Gun, Ruiner, The downward spiral. + covers (Banged and blown , Cars, Atmosphere, Down in the park, I Die you Die, Anthrax, Get down make love, A Strange kind of love, Kick in the eye, Final solution)

2018:Shit Mirror, Ahead, God break down the door, Lovers, Less than, over and out, This isn't, Burning Bright, Dear world, Branch/Bones, The background world, Copy of A, Find my way, Came Back Haunted, The perfect Drug, Only, Happiness in slavery, Even Deeper, All the love in the world, The great Destroyer, Sanctified, Starfuckers, And all that could have been+ Covers ( Subterraneans, I can´t Give Everything, Greensleves, Digital, +HTDA Covers : Parasite, Ice age, Welcome Oblivion, BBB, A Drowning, On the wing.

All the other songs were played in both tours, I think those tours were really similar, First time ever songs, songs that havent been played a long time, covers.

Papagolash
12-30-2018, 07:15 PM
So a little shameless plug for a good friend of mine, he was able to photograph the two shows in Irving TX a few weeks ago. You can read about his experience here http://www.jchristianphoto.net/blog/2018/12/1/an-evening-with-trent-reznor-and-friends

And if you want to see all of the photos they are here for a limited time IMO there are some fantastic shots, and the one with Trent playing the sax is the best one I've seen on this tour https://jonathonchristianphotography.pixieset.com/g/nindallas/nineinchnails/

Erneuert
12-30-2018, 08:57 PM
We need to make it clear to TR that it is illegal for him to perform “La Mer” during the next tour if he doesn’t at least once follow it up with “The Great Below”.

And then just to troll us to make us shut up, “The Great Collapse” and “The Great Destroyer” after it.

klyrish
12-31-2018, 01:52 PM
We need to make it clear to TR that it is illegal for him to perform “La Mer” during the next tour if he doesn’t at least once follow it up with “The Great Below”.
And it has to use the bass synth backing like from Fragility 1.0 and 2.0.

StockAvuryah
01-04-2019, 10:32 AM

Can't work without including The Way Out Is Through after that. Including that wistle used in the Fragility tour(s).

buckaroo
01-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Can't work without including The Way Out Is Through after that. Including that wistle used in the Fragility tour(s).

Am I the only one who thinks The Way Out Is Through would be the best way to open the shows? Has to be in my top 5 and it is so underplayed.

klyrish
01-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one who thinks The Way Out Is Through would be the best way to open the shows? Has to be in my top 5 and it is so underplayed.
That'd be an awesome opener! I also think Help Me I Am In Hell/Happiness in Slavery would be incredible as well. It's got the slow build Trent seems to love and then is an immediate kick to the teeth when HIS starts.

BRoswell
02-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Wow. This is a really solid video. Steadily shot and the sound quality is excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mpWGx_z74

botley
02-17-2019, 11:14 AM
^ Hahaha I totally remember that bit at 24:48 with Atticus being like "could u fuckin NOT"

StockAvuryah
02-18-2019, 12:45 PM
^ Hahaha I totally remember that bit at 24:48 with Atticus being like "could u fuckin NOT"

Ooooh Trent interacting with Atticus on stage, rare sight

Swykk
02-19-2019, 07:20 AM
Man, TGD transitioning into BB is fucking perfect.

ninlive
02-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Wow. This is a really solid video. Steadily shot and the sound quality is excellent.

It's usually hard to get hold of filmers on YouTube. But he was very receptive and sent me the raw 40GB footage! This guy also has been filming since the early 90s. Did NIN in Philly 94, and he also filmed the notorious Philly 05 club shows.

BRoswell
02-19-2019, 10:26 PM
It's usually hard to get hold of filmers on YouTube. But he was very receptive and sent me the raw 40GB footage! This guy also has been filming since the early 90s. Did NIN in Philly 94, and he also filmed the notorious Philly 05 club shows.

Yeah, I skimmed through some of his other videos. Guy is a serious pro for getting these shows in such excellent quality.

AThousandDaysBefore
03-19-2019, 12:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8XHZivRY1A

I found this video today and wow , so many memories

WorzelG
05-04-2019, 01:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mpWGx_z74
Wow - the Happiness in Slavery performance is almost Woodstock worthy, amazing

theimage13
05-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Did you end up doing anything with that? Didn't see it on the site. Planning on adding the show to my Plex library and just wanted to know if there was a source other than a Youtube rip that I should include.

ninlive
05-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Did you end up doing anything with that? Didn't see it on the site. Planning on adding the show to my Plex library and just wanted to know if there was a source other than a Youtube rip that I should include.

With it being 40GB, I don't really have any way to share it at this point. Still have a lot on the to do list with a huge folder of other videos to get up.

Sarah K
05-18-2019, 12:46 PM
A year ago tonight, I was lined up in the freezing rain for tickets while working on my Capstone project a few days before the end of my last semester of undergrad.

#NEVERFORGET

Nellyrific
05-18-2019, 01:21 PM
A year ago tonight, I was lined up in the freezing rain for tickets while working on my Capstone project a few days before the end of my last semester of undergrad.

#NEVERFORGET

You lined up two days early!?! Wow!

Sarah K
05-18-2019, 01:28 PM
I got in line shortly after 10:00 pm the night before tickets went on sale. I was working at the library and planned on lining up in the middle of the night, but at about 9:30, saw on facebook that there was already a line, so I got in a cab and went over - I was #40.

Nellyrific
05-18-2019, 01:39 PM
I got in line shortly after 10:00 pm the night before tickets went on sale. I was working at the library and planned on lining up in the middle of the night, but at about 9:30, saw on facebook that there was already a line, so I got in a cab and went over - I was #40.

My brain still thinks it’s the 17th for some reason [emoji2358]
I can’t imagine how you handled the freezing rain. I lined up around 5am and there were maybe 100 people in front of me. The weather was perfect, I would have been miserable had it been freezing or hot as hell. Good times!

SM Rollinger
05-18-2019, 02:45 PM
I love how we are still talking about this months after the tour has ended!

Best NIN tour in recent history!

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-18-2019, 10:07 PM
I love how we are still talking about this months after the tour has ended!

Best NIN tour in recent history!

I’m in Denver RIGHT now for a short vacation, and all I’ve been able to think about is the Red Rocks shows last year. Absolutely incredible. Still kicking myself for not coming out for NIN/Soundgarden show (especially after what happened with Chris, obviously). Won’t pass up another chance again!

ItsChrisRoss
05-19-2019, 10:56 AM
I had a dream last night that I was at a NIN show. Very random! I woke up worried that I missed a tour announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM Rollinger
05-19-2019, 12:17 PM
I saw 3 or 4 people with the show shirts on from the various dates at Chicago Open Air yesterday, so I made sure to ask what shows they went to!

Also, everyone I talked to that had any other NIN shirt on, all went to Riotfest or Lolla 13 and some combination of the Brawlroom shows!

This tour just won't die! teitan we need a 2019 leg!!!

sweeterthan
09-13-2019, 10:15 AM
I really miss this tour. So fun. So amazing. Take me back.

Erneuert
09-13-2019, 01:42 PM

Maybe we’ll get a Warm & White & Finite sequel tour with even more set variety.

bobbie solo
09-13-2019, 02:43 PM

It really felt like it was just for us. Of course it wasn't with all the festival dates sprinkled in, but some of the venues & setlists felt tailored for us maniacs.

eversonpoe
09-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Maybe we’ll get a Warm & White & Finite sequel tour with even more set variety.

:: insert sexual innuendo ::

SM Rollinger
09-13-2019, 11:46 PM
It really felt like it was just for us. Of course it wasn't with all the festival dates sprinkled in, but some of the venues & setlists felt tailored for us maniacs.

Oh hell yes... Looking back over the last year since I was at Aragon night two, all the killer shows I've been too, Mastodon playing Crack the Skye, seeing Tool twice and holding off on listening to Invincible/Descending so I could experience them for the first time as presented to me by the band in person, and being 15 feet from the stage at Slipknot at the DTE in that TINY "pit" in front of the stage and not getting destroyed by moshers and the craziness that usually happens at a Slipknot show.

None of those things compare to getting to hear Sin played live for the first time since 2009, And All That Could Have Been getting played for the first time EVAR, getting to hear one of my top 5 NIN songs THE BECOMING...

But the best part, BY FAR, was Happiness In Slavery!!! My favorite NIN song and the one that got me into the band in the first place, retired for 23 years I never thought it would come back and I never imagined I would get lucky enough to experience it for myself (it was only played at like a fourth of the shows)

It was just absolutely decimating!

All that from ONE concert, best show I've ever been to hands down.

bobbie solo
09-14-2019, 11:48 PM
Thats a great show review.

thenorthwood
11-02-2019, 04:48 PM
One year later and I still think of these shows regularly, too. The vitality of the performances, the vastly different setlists, the grittiness. NIN is always on point live, but this was special. On a personal note the two years prior to these shows were pretty awful and in 2018 I got the courage to make some major changes and got out of multiple unhealthy situations. Scariness of the unknown, but everything became exponentially better. While I was at these shows I was overcome with emotion that I was finally where I needed to be in life.

Michael_Vens
01-19-2020, 07:32 PM
Hey, does anyone by chance have an audio recording of The New Regime from 11-18-2018? I am looking to put together a complete show from that event, and I already have recordings from TJAMC and NIN. I just need the new regime’s performance. Thanks!

fillow
01-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Hey guys... We've all been waiting for The Perfect Drug to be played live. And now that it has, it feels like simply hearing it once is not enough. You kinda need more.
So I thought, who wouldn't like to hear just the drum solo... played over and over and over again. Until you're fucking sick of it. Or love it again.

Anyway, here goes:

https://youtu.be/iADS6F7EuyA

ItsChrisRoss
01-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Hey guys... We've all been waiting for The Perfect Drug to be played live. And now that it has, it feels like simply hearing it once is not enough. You kinda need more.
So I thought, who wouldn't like to hear just the drum solo... played over and over and over again. Until you're fucking sick of it. Or love it again.

Anyway, here goes:

I still haven’t see that song live [emoji24]

SM Rollinger
01-25-2020, 11:34 AM
I still haven’t see that song live [emoji24]

I've never seen that or Reptile or Eraser.

ItsChrisRoss
01-25-2020, 11:35 AM
I've never seen that or Reptile or Eraser.

[emoji47][emoji47]

SM Rollinger
01-25-2020, 11:47 AM
[emoji47][emoji47]

I know, I've been to FIVE shows too!

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-25-2020, 05:04 PM

Anyway, here goes:

Ugh. Being there for the live debut was one of the best nights of my life. So worth being broke for several months to make it to both nights at Red Rocks, and then to all three nights in Chicago and catching “And All That’s Could Have Been.” elevenism WE WERE SO HAPPY.

SM Rollinger
01-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Ugh. Being there for the live debut was one of the best nights of my life. So worth being broke for several months to make it to both nights at Red Rocks, and then to all three nights in Chicago and catching “And All That’s Could Have Been.” elevenism WE WERE SO HAPPY.

I wish could have caught all three shows in Chicago, but at least I picked IMO the best one (nite 2)

snichols
01-25-2020, 05:41 PM
Chicago night 2 was incredible, the entire weekend really...but not much in this world beats the opening of night 1: Mr Self Destruct right into The Perfect Drug into Wish. I've never screamed so much in my life! Its as if Trent was trying to catch the building on fire!

elevenism
01-29-2020, 08:01 AM
Ugh. Being there for the live debut was one of the best nights of my life. So worth being broke for several months to make it to both nights at Red Rocks, and then to all three nights in Chicago and catching “And All That’s Could Have Been.” @elevenism (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) WE WERE SO HAPPY.
hahaha, yeah, we were screaming "NO WAY! WHAAAAAAAA! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!" at each other, when it started up.

there really are no words to describe that experience.

i've tried to explain it to people who are outside the loop, and they just don't get it. a lot of the people at the SHOW didn't seem to get it, lol.

snichols
01-29-2020, 09:14 AM
The Chicago weekend was full of those "No way" moments. I followed setlist for almost every show leading up to Chicago and redrocks was particularly impressive.

fillow
01-29-2020, 10:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfTDxrmw9Y

LOL @ 0:18

Swykk
01-29-2020, 01:40 PM
Can we just have this type tour/setlists on every future tour?

Light shows are rad and I don’t think anyone’s done them better than TR, but those setlist choices and energy of CABAI...it was just another level of excellence.

elevenism
01-29-2020, 10:04 PM

Light shows are rad and I don’t think anyone’s done them better than TR, but those setlist choices and energy of CABAI...it was just another level of excellence.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue playing whatever they want.
It would be awesome if that just became part of it. Pearl Jam has been doing that for some years: playing a different set list every night, I THINK.

ryanmcfly
01-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Everyone uses fancy screens these days. Trent said that's one of the reasons he strayed away on the last cycle. I would like to assume that attitude hasn't changed.

sonic_discord
01-30-2020, 12:08 PM
I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the other half of the show that's always unpredictable and changing from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).

TheRealNs1
01-30-2020, 12:29 PM
I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the other half of the show that's always unpredictable and changing from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).

this would be amazing and I would go broke following NIN around the country watching this. Would also lose a lot of brain cells.

paul_guyet
02-22-2020, 11:09 AM
After drowning myself in those near-perfect recordings of the NOLA shows, I have discovered ONE (1) thing about the CBI tour that I didn't love.

Namely: the placement of 'La Mer'. I love the song, always have, but hearing it randomly played before something ('Closer' usually?) that isn't TGB or ITV always feels jarring.

I enjoyed the 2009 fake out of playing 'The Frail' before 'Metal', but this feels off somehow.

Otherwise, CBI was perfect.
10/10.
Would fist fuck again.

fillow
02-23-2020, 02:37 PM
I wonder if anyone from the venue or from the band camp is getting torn a new one for every IEM that goes into the wild

theimage13
02-23-2020, 03:56 PM
I wonder if anyone from the venue or from the band camp is getting torn a new one for every IEM that goes into the wild

Doubtful. Some artists are certainly extremely anti-IEM releases (and understandably so), but they're also smart enough to know that it's typically unencrypted UHF frequencies, which means someone sitting in the parking lot across the street can tape the show if they've brought the right gear and put in some careful planning. In my decade on the road, I've never once witnessed anyone get torn apart for any type of recording, regardless of whether it's IEMs, videos, or just plain old audience mics.

fillow
02-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Doubtful. Some artists are certainly extremely anti-IEM releases (and understandably so), but they're also smart enough to know that it's typically unencrypted UHF frequencies
That's what I mean, actually. Shouldn't these be encrypted as a rule? And when they're not - is it just carelessness, is it cheaper, or do they just not care?

zero
02-23-2020, 06:59 PM
That's what I mean, actually. Shouldn't these be encrypted as a rule? And when they're not - is it just carelessness, is it cheaper, or do they just not care?

Wireless IEM is usually analog because digital signals, especially encrypted signals sent over the (FCC mandated) narrow bandwidth limitations of wireless, will result in unacceptable latency, which can be problematic.

paul_guyet
02-24-2020, 03:24 PM
I always got the feeling that Reznor was okay with these and maybe even provided a few...

Leviathant
02-24-2020, 10:11 PM
I always got the feeling that Reznor was okay with these and maybe even provided a few...

I can't put a finger on where I read it, but I recall him actually being pretty upset about IEM bootlegs in the W_T era, and the only soundboard concert audio provided at the direction of Trent was the audio from The Gift/AVOTT. He certainly eased up on bootlegging from the crowd's perspective, but tapping into IEMs, which aren't usually a full mix, provides an unmixed, unbalanced recording that doesn't capture the concert properly. That's the general idea I remember on the topic.

That said, those NOLA IEMs are surprisingly good quality, and some tracks even have stereo separation.

BRoswell
02-24-2020, 11:37 PM
I'm sure they're very much aware that people are taping each show through various means, but I'm guessing that, as long as it doesn't impede their performance, they're not going to sweat it too much.

ryanmcfly
02-25-2020, 09:18 AM
I can't put a finger on where I read it, but I recall him actually being pretty upset about IEM bootlegs in the W_T era, and the only soundboard concert audio provided at the direction of Trent was the audio from The Gift/AVOTT. He certainly eased up on bootlegging from the crowd's perspective, but tapping into IEMs, which aren't usually a full mix, provides an unmixed, unbalanced recording that doesn't capture the concert properly. That's the general idea I remember on the topic.

I know what you're talking about, I can't remember where he said it. Might have been the old NIN.com forums or old ETS. But I remember him being fucking pissed once about an IEM coming out.

paul_guyet
02-25-2020, 10:13 AM
That said, those NOLA IEMs are surprisingly good quality, and some tracks even have stereo separation.That's what I mean. The shitty IEMs where you can't hear any bass and there's clicking all over it SHOULD piss him off, but the quality of some IEMs, especially those NOLA shows, is almost 100%. Was all of that mixing and clean up and sorcery done by ToolDVN and ninlive?

Here's my conspiracy theory: TR decides he's not going to officially release a CBI live album/video, so, over a year after the tour, he finds a way to get a really nice IEM to the NIN fan community. Not the weirdest thing to ever happen here...

ryanmcfly
02-25-2020, 11:42 AM
Here's my conspiracy theory: TR decides he's not going to officially release a CBI live album/video, so, over a year after the tour, he finds a way to get a really nice IEM to the NIN fan community. Not the weirdest thing to ever happen here...

I find that hard to believe given the fact that they paid a guy to film a shit ton of stuff on the 2017/2018 cycle. Why leak an IEM and take a financial loss?

fillow
02-25-2020, 12:12 PM
This is probably an unpopular opinion, and no offense to the filming guy, but I'd rather we do multicam edits with audience footage and overdub them with these awesome IEMs, than watch any more of 2018 b/w onstage footage. Somehow it worked much better in the past when Rob did it in color, plus he didn't shake the camera nearly as much.

ryanmcfly
02-25-2020, 12:43 PM
This is probably an unpopular opinion, and no offense to the filming guy, but I'd rather we do multicam edits with audience footage and overdub them with these awesome IEMs, then watch any more of 2018 b/w onstage footage. Somehow it worked much better in the past when Rob did it in color, plus he didn't shake the camera nearly as much.

I'd be okay with that. Though we do know that they recorded the LA Shows with other angles, so I'd imagine that if they are still planning on putting that out, they're probably still working on it. It took BYIT almost a full year to come out and that was just two shows edited together. Can't imagine how long it'd take to edit the six LA shows and whatever other stuff they have together.

As good as these IEMs are, I can't wait to hear the matrixes that NINlive was alluding too earlier in the thread. These IEMs are great, but there is some static here and there. Hopefully that would help. I'd be happy if NIN just put out some audio of the tour.

ninlive
02-25-2020, 01:05 PM
I feel bad cause IEMs are just like TR said, “not meant for public consumption.” But when they sound good, it’s hard not to archive them.

ryanmcfly
02-25-2020, 02:54 PM
I feel bad cause IEMs are just like TR said, “not meant for public consumption.” But when they sound good, it’s hard not to archive them.

Understandable. I've gone and listened to every IEM on the archive, and the ones from 2005-2007 were not good for the most part. They are interesting though to hear what the artist actually hears though. The Atlanta IEM matrix was solid, the LA ones were great. But goddamn these NOLA one's are hard to top.

tricil
02-25-2020, 03:16 PM
I mean, it’s not the first time NIN have professionally filmed a tour and not released it...

TheBang
02-26-2020, 05:29 AM
I mean, it’s not the first time NIN have professionally filmed a tour and not released it...
Not even the 2nd or 3rd time. :(

paul_guyet
02-26-2020, 09:00 AM
I find that hard to believe given the fact that they paid a guy to film a shit ton of stuff on the 2017/2018 cycle. Why leak an IEM and take a financial loss?Potentially, for a lot of reasons. Maybe the released videos were the only useable footage because of technical issues. Maybe he didn't want to go through the whole process of an official release. Maybe he just changed his mind.

No clue.

ryanmcfly
02-26-2020, 09:29 AM
Potentially, for a lot of reasons. Maybe the released videos were the only useable footage because of technical issues. Maybe he didn't want to go through the whole process of an official release. Maybe he just changed his mind.

No clue.

Some of it is audio related. I think Rob Sheridan said that it became too arduous to mix all of the audio in regards to the 2009 footage.

paul_guyet
02-26-2020, 06:25 PM
Some of it is audio related. I think Rob Sheridan said that it became too arduous to mix all of the audio in regards to the 2009 footage.Exactly. Maybe he just said 'fuck it'.

theimage13
02-27-2020, 09:38 AM
Between the acoustics of a room and the fact that most IEM mixes include dry vocals, the audio captured in these recordings is much more harsh and less forgiving than what the audience hears. That alone is enough for most artists to say "fuck it, I don't want other people listening to this." And many bands have talkback channels that allow the artists to communicate with each other and their crew, which means a recording is now an invasion not just of a private mix but private conversations as well (from a legal perspective, I'd be real interested in seeing if this brings a recording into different territory than recordings that don't include any talkback channels).

Point being: I can't say I blame any act who has a hardline "fuck IEM bootlegs" stance. It's their content and it's absolutely not meant for anyone except themselves. That said, I also understand why public interest in this type of recording is so high. It's a world that the vast majority of fans would never have any exposure to otherwise.

ryanmcfly
02-27-2020, 09:47 AM
Exactly. Maybe he just said 'fuck it'.

If he had that attitude, I don't think he would have gone through the effort of paying someone to go to every date and film the tour only to say fuck it lets leak an IEM.

sonic_discord
02-27-2020, 01:39 PM
Where can I find this so I know what you guys are talking about?

paul_guyet
02-27-2020, 01:52 PM
If he had that attitude, I don't think he would have gone through the effort of paying someone to go to every date and film the tour only to say fuck it lets leak an IEM.I mean...he hired people to film and edit Tension and didn't release that (fully). Like I said: who knows? It DOESN'T make sense.

theimage13
02-27-2020, 03:45 PM
Where can I find this so I know what you guys are talking about?

I assume they're talking about the NOLA IEMs that are on ninlive.

sonic_discord
02-27-2020, 06:18 PM
I assume they're talking about the NOLA IEMs that are on ninlive.

Awesome, thanks! I downloaded all three and am looking forward to checking them out later! Great to have such high quality recordings from this most recent tour!

ninlive
02-27-2020, 08:32 PM
Great to have such high quality recordings from this most recent tour!

Pretty much every show had a really great recording from it. You can't go wrong for any show.

fillow
03-26-2020, 05:07 AM
Here's a little something I've been working on for last few months. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuR7Y0nJVRM

fillow
03-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Boy, did I pick the wrong day to release this.

arsenic
03-26-2020, 09:48 AM

set the video to private and casually re-release it next week as if nothing happened ;)

WorzelG
03-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Its still appreciated, thank you

StockAvuryah
05-01-2020, 07:03 AM
Amazing what you can do with an audio taper at the back (or a cool guy sharing the soundboard) and a video taper at the front, with something as simple as an iphone (well it's the last one so it's stabilized video and all, but it's good enough for a youtube video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiSb_Q6KNc

randompersonx
05-01-2020, 11:00 PM
Amazing what you can do with an audio taper at the back (or a cool guy sharing the soundboard) and a video taper at the front, with something as simple as an iphone (well it's the last one so it's stabilized video and all, but it's good enough for a youtube video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiSb_Q6KNc

Hey :)

This was my video. And yeah -- consumer cameras have gotten insanely good in recent years!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't post on this forum much (though I do post on reddit r/nin), so I'm not sure of the rules here, but if it's cool to make it's own thread so more people see it, others might enjoy that.

fillow
05-02-2020, 12:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP56EUeaZBc

Another multicam I just finished.
This one is much less elaborate. Only a few camera angles, sometimes very close to each other, and about a third of the show is just 1 camera as no other sources were found.
Audio is also from cameras. If more than 1 source was found, then the audio was matrixed from two best sounding ones for every given song.

poro765
05-02-2020, 06:08 PM

This one is much less elaborate. Only a few camera angles, sometimes very close to each other, and about a third of the show is just 1 camera as no other sources were found.
Audio is also from cameras. If more than 1 source was found, then the audio was matrixed from two best sounding ones for every given song.
I believe we didn't have any audio/video source for this show until now. Can we update the ninlive page?
If you could provide the audio and video source directly to ninlive.

ninlive
05-02-2020, 07:45 PM
I will probably tomorrow. Took a few days off to get outside a bit more. At least walk and stay sane. lol.

bobbie solo
05-03-2020, 01:09 AM

Devastated I missed this show by only a few months. Was in Bangkok for almost a week earlier that summer. Thanks for bringing the pain back up ;-).

ManBurning
05-17-2020, 06:31 PM
I'm worried that if this pandemic drags on longer than this year, the "cold and black and infinite" tour may very well go down in history as the final tour ever, whether it was meant to be or not.

I mean, TR just turned 55 today. I honestly can't see him wanting to tour for extended periods of time much longer at his age. I'm worried he'll "pull a bowie" and retire from the stage and only make music from now on. I hope not. Sounds like he was getting the itch to tour again too at the start of this year. But if they cancel live music for a couple years, will it be too late I wonder?

Also, I wonder how the 14-day self quarantine rule might affect musicians. We may see less international travel from now on. NIN might only play a handful of shows in say, LA or NYC. That could become the new norm. How would a touring artist able to come up and play a show in Canada one night, and return back to the USA the next and continue their tour.

Tours could look more like week long city residences like how LA did with CB+I. They'll book a week of smaller shows in a city and stay there and move on to another city, but it'll be less city's per tour, if you know what I mean. They'll probably only schedule 4 cities in NA, like LA, NY, Chicago and maybe somewhere in TX just to try and cover the main markets, but they'll schedule multiple shows there in a week. I can see that being the future of touring.

TheBang
05-17-2020, 07:18 PM
But if they cancel live music for a couple years, will it be too late I wonder?
I doubt it. He gets the desire to tour, so I think he will still do it. It may not be the big expansive tours of the old days, but he'll get out there.

Also, I wonder how the 14-day self quarantine rule might affect musicians. We may see less international travel from now on. NIN might only play a handful of shows in say, LA or NYC. That could become the new norm. How would a touring artist able to come up and play a show in Canada one night, and return back to the USA the next and continue their tour.
Frankly, I don't see how there can be any large gathering live events like concerts, festivals, and sporting events until there's a vaccine. I could easily see it being well into next year before any live events happen.

ManBurning
05-17-2020, 07:50 PM
I doubt it. He gets the desire to tour, so I think he will still do it. It may not be the big expansive tours of the old days, but he'll get out there.

Frankly, I don't see how there can be any large gathering live events like concerts, festivals, and sporting events until there's a vaccine. I could easily see it being well into next year before any live events happen.

I'm remaining hopeful that smaller venue's will start opening their doors by fall, but as for NIN level shows, yeah those aren't gonna come back for a while, unfortunately. But smaller acts, limiting a room to 50 or less, I can see that. Imagine trent playing a small club where only like 40 people are allowed in. Man. Imagine trying to get tickets to an event like that. I'd probably pay a pretty penny to get into a show like that.

WorzelG
05-18-2020, 01:19 AM

Didn’t the WHO warn there may never be a vaccine though?

eversonpoe
05-18-2020, 10:34 AM

that is terrifying

otnavuskire
05-18-2020, 04:05 PM

I think their point is that we need to be prepared for that possibility. They believe one probably will happen, but there's no guarantee. The real scary thing is that 1 in 5 Americans say they won't get the vaccine.

Prettybrokenspiral
05-18-2020, 08:03 PM
I'd be fine with Nails never touring again. Dudes are well into their 50s now, and can't keep bringing that kind of intensity to their live shows. When they tried to tone it down somewhat that time they toured behind Hes Marks, they got scorched for going soft. Admittedly, the gospel singers weren't everyone's bag, but I was actually glad to see them transitioning to an easier live setting. I don't want to see my favorite musician up there killing himself nightly like it's 1995 again..

Hell, they don't even need to tour. The score work alone can probably keep them plush for the rest of their lives. Let it happen..

WorzelG
05-19-2020, 12:45 AM
I think their point is that we need to be prepared for that possibility. They believe one probably will happen, but there's no guarantee. The real scary thing is that 1 in 5 Americans say they won't get the vaccine.
I hope you’re right

katara
05-19-2020, 04:29 AM

I hope you’re right
It'd certainly thin out the herd of mindless morons.

theimage13
05-19-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm remaining hopeful that smaller venue's will start opening their doors by fall, but as for NIN level shows, yeah those aren't gonna come back for a while, unfortunately. But smaller acts, limiting a room to 50 or less, I can see that. Imagine trent playing a small club where only like 40 people are allowed in. Man. Imagine trying to get tickets to an event like that. I'd probably pay a pretty penny to get into a show like that.

I wouldn't. The atmosphere of the show is a HUGE part of it. If there's no loud crowd, no energy...it's not any better than watching it at home on a giant TV with a nice sound system. Now, if you're talking "private house concert where they're doing subdued stuff like some tracks from Still, score pieces, etc, then I'd be interested - but even then, probably only if we're actually seated together in a small room. Otherwise...esh, no. I've been to enough sparsely attended shows in my life to know that there's just something missing.

ModOlek
05-20-2020, 02:41 AM
The quarantine started with a double ambient LP and ended with a perfect live video of the last tour... What else?
Is this video really made by fans ?? (It's too perfect...)
Anyway, thank you for sharing it because it's an exceptional document!

fillow
05-20-2020, 03:17 AM
The quarantine started with a double ambient LP and ended with a perfect live video of the last tour... What else?
Is this video really made by fans ?? (It's too perfect...)

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was posted here somewhere a couple of months ago when it was first released on Youtube.
With the superb quality IEM recordings from the tour hosted on ninlive and with the amount of also superb quality HD and 4K footage, it was an obvious thing to do. The editor also added a monochrome color grade to make it look like other official pro-shots from this tour (Mexico, Madrid, Ahead of Ourselves video), although I would prefer keeping it in full color.

ModOlek
05-20-2020, 03:31 AM
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was posted here somewhere a couple of months ago when it was first released on Youtube.
With the superb quality IEM recordings from the tour hosted on ninlive and with the amount of also superb quality HD and 4K footage, it was an obvious thing to do. The editor also added a monochrome color grade to make it look like other official pro-shots from this tour (Mexico, Madrid, Ahead of Ourselves video), although I would prefer keeping it in full color.
This "Videotape" video is huge!
When I see things like this, I'm proud to be part of the NIN fan community.
If there are links for a better quality, even if it's already pretty good, I'm in for it...

ninlive
05-20-2020, 04:17 AM
Because I couldn't sleep and I was really worried I was spreading misinformation about the audio, I woke up this morning and cross referenced all of the NOLA IEM recordings with the video. I can 100% confirm these are all from ToolDVN's recordings from the run in NOLA. (also in the credits they state where they got the audio... I should have just checked there. So you live and learn, ha!) Here is how it lays out below. THEN, just as I am finishing up this, Videotape sends a reply on twitter about all that was used. [Sorry if you are on this forum, it is really hard to keep everyone's usernames and what they are on each site] They did add just a bit of reverb to the songs to make them sound live, which I really like a lot.

00:00 Intro (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
00:28 Branches/Bones (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
02:19 Wish (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
05:58 Less Than (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
09:36 March of the Pigs (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
14:04 This Isn’t the Place (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
19:11 Reptile (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
25:40 Sin (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
29:56 The Perfect Drug (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
35:36 Shit Mirror (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
38:42 Ahead of Ourselves (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
42:13 God Break Down the Door (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
47:34 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowie cover) (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
52:41 Subterraneans (David Bowie cover with Bad Witch lyrics) (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
56:58 The Frail (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
58:10 Help Me I Am In Hell (11/24/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
01:00:37 Happiness In Slavery (11/24/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
01:05:35 Head Like a Hole (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
01:10:44 All the Love In the World (11/23/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
01:15:55 And All that Could Have Been (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
01:22:15 Hurt (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)

The other parts in the set were probably omitted from it because the feeds do contain some click tracks. For me, it wouldn't take away from a very epic and well put together release that kills it if they did include the other tracks. I've reached out to see if they want to properly host it on the archive's 'fan edit' section. But I also understand if they didn't. I'd love for YouTube to have a better messaging system. Most of the comments on the videos just get lost anyways and never get responses. So that's what I initially thought on this upload and just thought it would always live streaming on YouTube. If that's the case, I respect it and will revisit it as I have in the last few months.

You can download each show below in their full audio formats:
https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181123.html
https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181124.html
https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181125.html

tricil
05-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Because I couldn't sleep and I was really worried I was spreading misinformation about the audio, I woke up this morning and cross referenced all of the NOLA IEM recordings with the video. I can 100% confirm these are all from ToolDVN's recordings from the run in NOLA. (also in the credits they state where they got the audio... I should have just checked there. So you live and learn, ha!) Here is how it lays out below. THEN, just as I am finishing up this, Videotape sends a reply on twitter about all that was used. [Sorry if you are on this forum, it is really hard to keep everyone's usernames and what they are on each site] They did add just a bit of reverb to the songs to make them sound live, which I really like a lot.

47:34 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowie cover) (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)
52:41 Subterraneans (David Bowie cover with Bad Witch lyrics) (11/25/2018 NOLA, Saenger Theatre)

The other parts in the set were probably omitted from it because the feeds do contain some click tracks. For me, it wouldn't take away from a very epic and well put together release that kills it if they did include the other tracks. I've reached out to see if they want to properly host it on the archive's 'fan edit' section. But I also understand if they didn't. I'd love for YouTube to have a better messaging system. Most of the comments on the videos just get lost anyways and never get responses. So that's what I initially thought on this upload and just thought it would always live streaming on YouTube. If that's the case, I respect it and will revisit it as I have in the last few months.

Which songs contained click tracks? I listened to all three NOLA shows and didn’t notice any, I was impressed.

Reznor2112
05-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Yeah would love to be able to download a hi-res version of Videotape's concert film. :)

Papagolash
05-20-2020, 05:34 PM

These have to be the best live recordings of NIN I have ever heard, they're amazing! It's like soundboard/rehearsal quality audio with the intensity of a live show. I cannot believe I missed these being posted a couple months ago. Did ToolDVN record any other shows by any chance?

ninlive
05-20-2020, 07:56 PM
Did ToolDVN record any other shows by any chance?

Yep. A bunch. I haven't gotten all of them yet. But I know they will be great whenever that happens. I did give him my tickets for these NOLA shows as well as the Memphis show because I couldn't make them. Worth it in the end!

Papagolash
05-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Yep. A bunch. I haven't gotten all of them yet. But I know they will be great whenever that happens. I did give him my tickets for these NOLA shows as well as the Memphis show because I couldn't make them. Worth it in the end!

Ahh man it sucks that you weren't able to make the shows but I'm glad something amazing still came out of it. I cannot wait to hear more of these recordings!

ninlive
05-21-2020, 02:17 PM
You can now grab the video edit of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour over on the main page of ninlive.com

Thank you mauro995 for sharing your awesome edit with the archive to preserve.

chuckrh
05-23-2020, 09:51 AM
You can now grab the video edit of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour over on the main page of ninlive.com

Thank you @mauro995 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5074) for sharing your awesome edit with the archive to preserve.

Thank you Ryan & mauro995. Most excellent!!!!! :D

fillow
05-31-2020, 02:38 AM
New full show alert. Posted today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvz3UsZnwE

Saving a rip as I type this.

botley
06-01-2020, 03:10 PM
^ YESSS. Love the Tokyo crowd's energy.

ninlive
10-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Next year... Because I have nothing to really look forward to (or any reason to take vacations)... I took off the weeks I was going to see NIN (San Diego, KC, GR, Indy, Philly, and Toronto) in chance that life turns around come next year and we can have shows again. Assuming that NIN rescheduled the dates for pretty much the same time span.

I am a pathetic person. lol.

eversonpoe
10-04-2020, 12:39 AM
Next year... Because I have nothing to really look forward to (or any reason to take vacations)... I took off the weeks I was going to see NIN (San Diego, KC, GR, Indy, Philly, and Toronto) in chance that life turns around come next year and we can have shows again. Assuming that NIN rescheduled the dates for pretty much the same time span.

you are absolutely not. you're trying to hold on to hope in a dark time. that's admirable.

ninlive
10-04-2020, 06:40 PM
you are absolutely not. you're trying to hold on to hope in a dark time. that's admirable.

I appreciate you supporting my ridiculous quest. LOL <3

eachpassingphase
10-04-2020, 07:05 PM

NOT pathetic, I actually think that's kind of brilliant. I just looked at my 2020 tour shirt and realized that right around this time I would have been in Kansas City for two nights watching NIN perform and I kind of want to cry lol. It's so unusual that they are anywhere near Missouri, so I would have gone all out for a show that I don't need to buy a hotel room to see!

Erneuert
10-06-2020, 09:59 PM
I just looked at my 2020 tour shirt and realized that right around this time I would have been in Kansas City for two nights watching NIN perform and I kind of want to cry lol.

Reading that makes me wish TR teased us with what some of the set lists might have looked like.

valiantsteed
10-30-2020, 02:09 AM

Such an awesome gift. I downloaded a couple other shows from the tour that sounded on par enough to mesh well with this trilogy, noteably one ATL and I believe an LA show as well, and made a 4 hour, 52 track extended show mega mix of the entire tour. It didn't have EVERY single song played, missing a few like Terrible Lie, Eraser, Dead Souls etc but pretty much covered the gambit of the CBI experience, and I am SO GLAD to have that. Thank you!

I also sequenced a more condensed greatest hits trilogy show playlist, that I have been loving listening to lately as well since ripping off 4 hours uninterrupted is a pretty rare feat these days.

1. The Fireman Intro
2. Branches/Bones
3. Less Than
4. Last
5. March of the Pigs
6. The Lovers
7. This Isn't The Place
8. The Background World
9. The Perfect Drug
10. Shit Mirror
11. Ahead of Ourselves
12. God Break Down the Door
13. I Can't Give Everything Away
14. Subterraneans
15. Help Me I Am In Hell
16. Happiness in Slavery
17. Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
18. Wish
19. Head Like a Hole
*encore break*
20. All The Love in the World
21. Even Deeper
22. Over and Out
23. And All That Could Have Been
24. Hurt

spahn
10-30-2020, 01:56 PM
I was at the NOLA 11/23 show and it was great beyond words! I'm so glad this is out there to continue to remember the night by!

SchwarzerAbt
12-19-2020, 02:52 PM
Just noticed that NIN's official linktree features the fanmade edit of a c+b+i tour video by videotape. I know they were impressed by it. But that's an honor!

https://linktr.ee/NINOfficial

fillow
01-26-2021, 08:48 AM
Alright, here's the deal. I'm once again asking for your financial support NIN live footage. **insert Bernie pic**

I'm looking for footage from 2018 Hollywood Palladium 6-show run.
PM me if you have some. Or I will PM you.