PDA

View Full Version : A Quiet Place

M1ke
08-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Holy crap this movie was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wE8dyzEJE

Has anyone else seen this? It's really fantastic.

BRoswell
08-04-2018, 10:22 PM
There were some effective moments, but overall, I thought it wasn't as good as it could have been. The score by Marco Beltrami was really intrusive and overblown, which killed the creepiness for the most part.

Vertigo
08-05-2018, 02:50 AM
I thought it was the best film of the year so far.

chuckrh
08-05-2018, 05:50 AM
the 4K UHD is great. really good movie.

hellospaceboy
08-05-2018, 01:17 PM
I saw it on the big screen, and it was one of my best moviegoing experiences ever... I still lived in St Augustine, FL when it came out, and that city has a large deaf community (there's a really good school for deaf and blind children), and over half the audience in the room was deaf. It really gave the movie a different perspective, and we got a little glipse of their excitement of seeing decent representation in a wide release movie.

That said, as time went my love for the movie weaned. The premise was great, the actors were great, and some of the tension was fantastic. But at places John Krasinski didn't trust the audience (that white board in his mancave was unforgivable!!!) and at other times he assumed that we wouldn't notice when something didn't add up (the nail in the step). Still, my least favorite part was the "perfect father syndrome".

It was still an interesting movie and I'll probably watch it again, I'm not mad that it got made :)

Substance242
08-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Yes, one of the more memorable movies this year so far.

kdrcraig
08-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Yep I loved it. It was intense as hell.

bobbie solo
08-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Sequel coming. Ugh. I get why they're doing it, but they're going to over-explain the creatures and everything else, I just know it.