PDA

View Full Version : NIN shirts at JCP (because you're scared of Hot Topic)

ltrandazzo
06-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Super interesting.

BkJlHIiDiBt

BRoswell
06-18-2018, 10:59 AM
That's awesome. Kind of hope the one near me has them and in my size. I'm a plus-sized individual, and I've gotten some band/movie/TV shirts there before that are great.

cdm
06-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Super interesting.

BkJlHIiDiBt

Shit like this popping up in JCP and Old Navy usually means you've become a legacy act.

Also, FYI: not online as of yet.

Leviathant
06-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Shit like this popping up in JCP and Old Navy usually means you've become a legacy act.

Nine Inch Nails is about 30 years old.
The Beach Boys, Peter Paul & Mary, and the Temptations were about 30 years old when Pretty Hate Machine came out.

Legacy, Classic Rock, "Your favorite hits from the 80s and 90s" whatever you want to call it... if they're selling shirts in JCP and Old Navy, I think that's actually relatively hip.

cdm
06-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Nine Inch Nails is about 30 years old.
The Beach Boys, Peter Paul & Mary, and the Temptations were about 30 years old when Pretty Hate Machine came out.

Legacy, Classic Rock, "Your favorite hits from the 80s and 90s" whatever you want to call it... if they're selling shirts in JCP and Old Navy, I think that's actually relatively hip.

A couple things:
1. I define a legacy act as a band touring / existing on old material and not producing anything new.
2. It wasn't a knock against selling your shirts in JCP (or any other store) -or- touring on old material. If it were me I'd be cashing that check everyday and twice on Sunday.

BRoswell
06-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Super interesting.

BkJlHIiDiBt

UPDATE: Went to JC Penney. They had the shirts, but none in my size. Ultimate sadness. At least they had plenty of Star Wars bullshit in my size. :mad:

Leviathant
06-18-2018, 08:49 PM
UPDATE: Went to JC Penney. They had the shirts, but none in my size. Ultimate sadness. At least they had plenty of Star Wars bullshit in my size. :mad:

Not that I need any other NIN shirts, but how much were they?

BRoswell
06-18-2018, 09:05 PM

$24, but they were also buy one, get one free.

sick among the pure
06-18-2018, 09:14 PM

They'd make good work around the house shirts if nothing else.

FULLMETAL
06-18-2018, 09:39 PM
If you would've told me that I'd go into a JC Penney store in 2018, I would have laughed uproariously & said bullshit.

sonic_discord
06-18-2018, 11:50 PM
Super interesting.

BkJlHIiDiBt

That's actually a pretty cool shirt and looks like their official merch with the logo inside and no tag. I'd honestly get one if I found them in a JC Penny. However, I don't think I've been inside of a JC Penny since my mom dragged me around shopping in high school.

spahn
06-19-2018, 07:50 AM
That's actually a pretty cool shirt and looks like their official merch with the logo inside and no tag. I'd honestly get one if I found them in a JC Penny. However, I don't think I've been inside of a JC Penny since my mom dragged me around shopping in high school.

And you can now get it online

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/nine-inch-nails-graphic-tee/ppr5007739360?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=nine+inch+nail&productGridView=medium&badge=new

ltrandazzo
06-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Update on the fabled NIN at JCP shirt... - if you can't see the instagram embed, the shirt is navy blue.

BkN7GxVnZaP

spahn
06-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Update on the fabled NIN at JCP shirt... - if you can't see the instagram embed, the shirt is navy blue.

BkN7GxVnZaP

already got mine! seems official too as it has the NIN logo on the inner shirt

snichols
06-19-2018, 07:03 PM
too bad the jc penny in my town closed for good about 3 weeks ago, or i would have ran out immediately and bought one of these:(

Tumnayar
06-19-2018, 07:05 PM
Funny enough, my wife and I bought one of these about 2 weeks ago at JCP while we were getting ready for Vegas...

sinspots
06-19-2018, 09:03 PM
too bad the jc penny in my town closed for good about 3 weeks ago, or i would have ran out immediately and bought one of these:(

I went today to to JCP and they did not have them. I ordered them online (they were between $11-$12, so that was cool!).

motionlessZombie
06-19-2018, 11:01 PM

BkN7GxVnZaP

The shirt isn't black, I'll pass.

sweeterthan
06-20-2018, 10:06 AM
The shirt isn't black, I'll pass.

It’s the color black becomes after about 20 washes. This way you can hurry up and get there.