PDA

View Full Version : ETS Meetup in Los Angeles - 12.13.18

Toadflax
06-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Hey, all! I was thinking about how more often than not, ETSers talk about meeting up before/after a show, but then the chaos of a show day takes over and plans inevitably end up falling through or never really getting solidified in the first place.

That said, with NIN's upcoming mini-residency at the Palladium in Hollywood this December, I thought it might be a good opportunity to get together and have an evening just to hang out and get to know each other in the physical world.

I figure with shows on December 11th, 12th, 14th, and 15th, there will be people in town with nothing to do on Thursday the 13th (as well as locals who will just be biding time before the last two shows). I can do the legwork and look for a place that will let us take over a back room with our own music and all that, but I wanted to see if enough people were interested.

I know it's a long way off, but let me know if you're planning on being in town that night and would be interested, and we'll go from there! I figure we keep it to ETS for now with the option to change that once we have a better idea of what we're looking at.

icklekitty
06-18-2018, 06:13 PM
We did a meetup at the (I think) all you can eat sushi place between Palladium and Amoeba in 2009; would recommend.

Toadflax
09-10-2018, 12:40 PM
UPDATE! I talked to my friend who owns the Scum & Villainy Cantina in Hollywood (a Star Wars inspired fandom bar) about hosting a Nine Inch Nails night on 12/13, and he said they're definitely interested. The place is great, and we could probably design custom cocktails, have our own music going, etc.

So, I'm definitely interested in making it happen, but I need to know who on here would actually go. I'm sure we'd get a good turn out if we opened it up to Facebook and marketed it well, but my interest mostly relies on there being an ETS component. If no one on here is interested / available, then maybe it's not worth the effort, so let me know if you're in!

Damage
09-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Scum and Villainy Catina is great. I would be interested depending on work.

sorry I’m out as VNV nation is playing that night and my sister got us tickets!

abs1nthe42
09-17-2018, 02:57 PM
I think this is a great idea. If it's scum & villainy or some other place, I'm interested in meeting up.

hippygeek
10-19-2018, 09:52 AM
I get in late, but can probably be there at 10pm for an hour or so.

magnolia
10-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Husband and I are coming for the 14th & 15th shows, but we don't get in until morning of the 14th, so we'll miss out. : / Sounds like fun though!

willgaspari
11-28-2018, 04:43 PM
I'd be down for this.

Discobunny
12-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Is a meet up happening? Besides in line???

Toadflax
12-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Is a meet up happening? Besides in line???

There wasn’t really enough interest on here to move forward with an event.