TheBang
06-09-2018, 06:43 AM
All right. Let's try this again.

A short review from Q magazine, as found on reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/phu7niK.jpg

Lyrics:
Lyrics embedded in the 24bit FLAC:

Shit Mirror:
GOT A NEW FACE AND IT FEELS ALL RIGHT POWER AND STRENGTH AND APPETITE I EAT YOUR LOATHING HATE AND FEAR SHOULD PROBABLY STAY AWAY FROM HERE HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES WELL I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION I TRIED A BIT THEN I TRIED SOME MORE I LEFT HER ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR I THINK I KNEW WHEN IT CROSSED THE LINE I THINK I KNEW THE WHOLE GODDAMNED TIME HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION
FEELS ALL RIGHT

Ahead of Ourselves:
EVERYTHING ALL FIGURED OUT LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE (I CAN FEEL IT) WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE CREATED US IN HIS IMAGE BETTER BE PROUD OF HIS WORK THAT IS IF HE EXISTED (NOT SO SURE ANYMORE) THAT IS IF HE EXISTED AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES (I DON’T THINK THAT’S ME) OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? DID YOU EVER GET THAT FEELING? MAN I CAN’T SEEM TO SHAKE IT NOT QUITE AS CLEVER AS WE THINK WE ARE KNUCKLE DRAGGING ANIMAL WHEN WE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING WE WOUND UP BUILDING THIS WE DESERVE WITH ILLUSIONS OF ENLIGHTENMENT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES

Play The Goddamned Part:

God Break Down The Door:
GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR YOU WON’T FIND THE ANSWERS HERE NOT THE ONES YOU CAME LOOKING FOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE THERE AREN’T ANY ANSWERS HERE NO NO NOT ANYMORE WE ARE A TREACHEROUS PEOPLE AS NIGHT FALLS DOWN AGAIN IN THIS HOUSE OF DUST THE SHADES ARE DRAWN IN ALL OF THE THOUSANDS OF ROOMS WE SLEEP HYPNOTIZED FROM THE CENTER YES IN THIS NEW PLACE WE CALL HOME IS THERE ANYBODY BUT YOU SITTING IN THE DARK WONDERING IF YOU'LL REMOVE MY SKIN NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL REMOVE THE PAIN OR PUSH IT BACK IN MAYBE NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL THAT KIND OF THING JUST DOESN’T HAPPEN HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN AROUND HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME CAN YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING PULL IT OUT, AND PUSH IT BACK SEE, I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE NOT ME AND I’VE COME TO BELIEVE THAT’S OK I KNOW WHO I AM YES, I BELIEVE I AM SLEEPING AFTER ALL

I'm Not From This World:
I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE

Over and Out:
TIME IS RUNNING OUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WAITING FOR I THINK THIS KEEPS HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AGAIN FEEL LIKE I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AM I REMEMBERING YOU CORRECTLY OVER AND OVER AGAIN I’VE ALWAYS BEEN 10 YEARS AHEAD OF YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN

sipuss
06-09-2018, 06:51 AM
My brother is getting married on that day, it's like Trent himself got him a gift, lol.

Sarah K
06-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Oh man. "Weaponized noise" sounds perfect.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-09-2018, 07:00 AM
These next two weeks will feel like eternity.

hellospaceboy
06-09-2018, 09:52 AM
^^^
I'm hoping for one more song released (legally) before that date, to take the edge off :D

theimage13
06-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Oh man. "Weaponized noise" sounds perfect.

It sounds like the far-reaching "I've run out of weird ways to describe the same thing" type of writing that makes me generally roll my eyes at music reviews. I'd love for this to prove me wrong, but I've read so many reviews that make these long and creative ways to describe what generally ends up sounding indistinguishable from a hundred other albums.

Believe me, I've been excited to hear this since the day it was announced, but this doesn't really do anything to suddenly get me more hyped up for it. Been misled too many times.

Pbgut
06-09-2018, 11:02 AM
It sounds like the far-reaching "I've run out of weird ways to describe the same thing" type of writing that makes me generally roll my eyes at music reviews. I'd love for this to prove me wrong, but I've read so many reviews that make these long and creative ways to describe what generally ends up sounding indistinguishable from a hundred other albums.

Believe me, I've been excited to hear this since the day it was announced, but this doesn't really do anything to suddenly get me more hyped up for it. Been misled too many times.

If Ahead of Ourselves is any indication, there might actually be some "weaponized noise" on this album. The entire mix distorts and jumps up in volume during the chorus of that song; it's pretty extreme for post-TDS NIN. And with a title like Shit Mirror, it *could* be a pretty extreme song.

Sarah K
06-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Y'all ever been at a protest where they use the sound cannons? Weaponized noise is definitely a thing. And the chaos that surrounded those sound cannons being used is what it brought up in my mind.

StockAvuryah
06-09-2018, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIR6Z7aIeuo

spot the similarities

theimage13
06-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Y'all ever been at a protest where they use the sound cannons? Weaponized noise is definitely a thing. And the chaos that surrounded those sound cannons being used is what it brought up in my mind.

Huh. I can honestly say that your above description makes me not want to listen to it now. Sounds extremely unpleasant and anxiety-inducing.

henryeatscereal
06-09-2018, 12:51 PM
With that "weaponized-noise" description, the bit from the other song released and "God Break Down the Door", i think the album will be big noisy beats with fat production over a Bowie-esque voice...

sweeterthan
06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
These next two weeks will feel like eternity.

But when is nin not invigorated ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pbgut
06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
With that "weaponized-noise" description, the bit from the other song released and "God Break Down the Door", i think the album will be big noisy beats with fat production over a Bowie-esque voice...

Ahead of Ourselves is the snippet that was teased, and from hearing it at the Physical World ticket sale, Trent sings it in his usual NIN voice, somewhat quietly, through a filter. And then it gets very loud for a few bursts in the chorus.

Vertigo
06-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Weaponised noise

I wonder if Shit Mirror is what people have been hearing through the walls of the US embassies in Cuba and China recently...

Pbgut
06-09-2018, 09:04 PM
I wonder if Shit Mirror is what people have been hearing through the walls of the US embassies in Cuba and China recently...

Just remembered the Somewhat Damaged/Gitmo controversy, yikes! Reality is stranger than fun internet forum jokes [emoji51]

firewlker
06-09-2018, 09:19 PM
BTW, new Death Grips LP will be out on the same day of Bad Witch, but my hype level for this DG LP is totally zero, all of the released songs was really, REALLY awful.

I'm totally hyped with BAD WITCH because I just can't stop hearing GBDTD.

streetman
06-10-2018, 01:15 AM
I hope to god we get a music video with another song next week before the release. The wait is too much!

mostlymad
06-10-2018, 03:46 AM
I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait. But if something drops officially, I won't be able to resist. :)

elevenism
06-10-2018, 04:25 AM
I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait. But if something drops officially, I won't be able to resist. :)I'm waiting. I listened to like 30 or 40 seconds of one of the new tracks at the listening station in Denver but then I stopped myself from listening any longer.

From what I heard, though, I think this is going to be a very interesting record.

katara
06-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Saving GBDTD for the first full listen hasn't really been that difficult. I haven't heard a single note or read any lyrics yet.

Looking forward to this.

Jordan
06-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Saving GBDTD for the first full listen hasn't really been that difficult. I haven't heard a single note or read any lyrics yet.

Looking forward to this.

Have you read the title of the song? If so, you've actually read the majority of the lyrics. If you only know the song by the acronym "GBDTD" and not what it stands for, then I'm truly impressed.

Jordan
06-10-2018, 11:20 AM
I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait.

Masochism is truly fascinating. I've met some who enjoy intense physical and emotional abuse, but you take it to a whole new level.

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
06-10-2018, 12:05 PM
I'll listen when amazon delivers it to my door...Which was supposed to be release day since I pre-ordered it but for some reason now they seem to be giving me this
"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-10-2018, 12:46 PM
I'll listen when amazon delivers it to my door...Which was supposed to be release day since I pre-ordered it but for some reason now they seem to be giving me this
"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Ruh roh. Hopefully it gets here on time! I'm gonna order the huge Bad Witch bundle on Friday and I'm hoping it'll arrive by release day - but if not, I'm probably gonna get impatient and go downtown to buy a second copy to listen to that day, like I did with Add Violence.

mostlymad
06-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Masochism is truly fascinating. I've met some who enjoy intense physical and emotional abuse, but you take it to a whole new level.

Hah, this is small potatoes.

But it is true that I won't be able to resist anything official. I'm weak.

StockAvuryah
06-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Masochism is spoiling yourself from the whole experience. From my point of view. You feel pleasure, but in the end, it's pain.

gorast
06-10-2018, 01:40 PM
I personally don't want to hear anything more than GBDTD until release, and I only listened to that a few times. I want to experience the rest in context, as a whole unit. Hopefully, if any more preview songs come out between now and the 22nd, I'll be able to stick to that restraint.

Demogorgon
06-10-2018, 01:53 PM
I'll download it on leak day, then gladly play my cd copy in the car when it gets here. I'm not gonna be too fussed about it either way as long as I end up hearing it.

streetman
06-10-2018, 01:57 PM

Looking forward to this.

I honestly don't get this. How do you know you're going to wake up tomorrow? You might not. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Listen to what you can when you can.

Pbgut
06-10-2018, 02:14 PM
I honestly don't get this. How do you know you're going to wake up tomorrow? You might not. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Listen to what you can when you can.

This was always my philosophy towards leaks, but I figured I was just rationalizing bad behavior. Good to know I'm not alone in this attitude.

I hope we get it at least a week early, since it's being released on CD, but I don't know how physical releases are being handled these days.

cheddamash
06-10-2018, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIR6Z7aIeuo

spot the similarities

Fixed:

https://i.imgur.com/5KSCTf4.png

Microwave Jellyfish
06-10-2018, 02:51 PM
BTW, new Death Grips LP will be out on the same day of Bad Witch, but my hype level for this DG LP is totally zero, all of the released songs was really, REALLY awful.

The new Wolfie's Just Fine (Jon Lajoie's somewhat more serious musical project) EP shares the date too. Pretty excited about all three (loved 3 out of the 4 DG tracks so far), but Bad Witch easily tops the hype mountain.

thefragile_jake
06-10-2018, 03:41 PM

New Kamasi Washington and Gang Gang Dance also come out on June 22nd so on top of my anticipation for Bad Witch and the new Death Grips, there's so much to be excited for that day.

Interested to hear your take on the new DG songs as they do seem to be the most polarizing batch of songs they've released thus far. I really like them and I'm pumped to hear Year of the Snitch in full. Even preordered the vinyl like I did with Bad Witch.

Like you though, I haven't been able to stop listening to God Break Down the Door. I heard a little snippet of the low quality leak Ahead of Ourselves, but stopped it pretty early to experience it in full.

paul_guyet
06-10-2018, 03:59 PM
When I think of “weaponized noise” in relation to NIN, I hear the theme to Tetsuo. THAT was weaponized fucking noise...

firewlker
06-10-2018, 05:20 PM
New Kamasi Washington and Gang Gang Dance also come out on June 22nd so on top of my anticipation for Bad Witch and the new Death Grips, there's so much to be excited for that day.

Interested to hear your take on the new DG songs as they do seem to be the most polarizing batch of songs they've released thus far. I really like them and I'm pumped to hear Year of the Snitch in full. Even preordered the vinyl like I did with Bad Witch.

tbh I liked Black Paint, but not in a way that makes me wanna listen to it everyday (like GBDTD) but the other ones wasn't the same, sadly.

I really hope that I'll enjoy the rest of the songs.

And I've heard the low quality leak of Ahead Of Ourselves too, my hype level just raised a lot to listen it in a great quality.

eversonpoe
06-10-2018, 05:22 PM

that's happened to me a few times recently with pre-orders from amazon and it resolves itself before release date, i wouldn't worry too much!

imail724
06-12-2018, 06:44 AM
For anyone who ordered the package with the signed postcard from JB Hi-Fi, I just received this:

the details are as follows: Unsure of sizing, but assuming it will be the size of a CD case; it will be signed by both Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and they are legitimate signatures, not printed.

Fuck. Yes.

Vertigo
06-12-2018, 08:51 AM
Fuck's sake, why didn't I know about that? Is there anywhere else doing something similar?

spahn
06-12-2018, 09:04 AM
For anyone who ordered the package with the signed postcard from JB Hi-Fi, I just received this:

Fuck. Yes.

I wish I could like this post more! Looking forward to getting this!

Detunez
06-12-2018, 09:09 AM
https://www.spin.com/2018/05/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-bad-witch-ep-lp-response/

hah. made my day. Seriously looking forward to a listen of the new album.

ryanmcfly
06-12-2018, 09:49 AM
for anyone who ordered the package with the signed postcard from jb hi-fi, i just received this:

Fuck. Yes.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

Jetvet1975
06-12-2018, 10:18 AM
This waiting is fucking killing me...I keep checking in, hoping to see a "spike" when a leak finally happens!

snaapz
06-12-2018, 11:17 AM
When I read "confound" I think 'In This Twilight' which is an amazing track and vocals. More recently 'GBDTD' is a sound I wouldn't have expected... but 'She's Gone' kind of opened the door. (no pun intended)

So what would confound my expectations? I know what to expect and if I'm to expect the unexpected then I'm now expecting rap? full orchestra?

Or maybe This? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ) It's got piano, guitar, bass....

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-12-2018, 11:43 AM
It'd be dope if the $175 bundle came with an autograph.

But if I have to, I'll order another copy *shrug* If I can find one with the card. If nothing else, I'd still really like the off-white vinyl.

Max
06-12-2018, 05:57 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_4004

My son has a science encyclopedia and while we were looking through it tonight I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw a familiar shape I had been puzzling over. Image 5 on the cover of Bad Witch.

Now we can puzzle over the meaning of the images, but at least now we know what one of them is - the Intel 4004. The first microchip sold. Changed the world. Brought us to the place Reznor is questioning today. Touches on the themes he has dealt with all of his career.

On the cover we see images that depict mortality, spirituality, humility and awe, beauty and ugliness, modern and ancient... very deep and very reflective of the questions he seems to be asking throughout the trilogy.

As with everyone else, I eagerly await June 22.

Leprekon666
06-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Fuck. Yes.

Fuck why didn’t I know about this.

Vertigo
06-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Seriously guys. I know we're all cool as fuck around here but if you spot something like this, please don't wait until AFTER it's sold out to tell anyone about it.

mikeyjt
06-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Seriously guys. I know we're all cool as fuck around here but if you spot something like this, please don't wait until AFTER it's sold out to tell anyone about it.

I think it was posted in Random NIN Thoughts on the 7th (?)
Sold out pretty much straight away, unfortunately. 😭

It was only JB Aus too.. no love for NZ

Nellyrific
06-12-2018, 08:18 PM

It was posted 6/6 on NIN Spotting 2018. I believe that was when it became available.

Elrickooo
06-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Sold out pretty much straight away, unfortunately. 😭

Really hoping the gap after Japan and Thailand is for NZ/AUS shows. Currently looking at flying to US from Christchurch to try catch a show. Pretty much $1000 for a return flight

bobbie solo
06-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah it was def. posted in at least two different places on ETS. We were all nervous if they would be real sigs or printed ones. This confirmation def. makes me feel better about the impulse buy. Gonna be pretty cool. I don't own anything signed by Trent.

Dimitri.
06-13-2018, 03:00 AM
So, spoilers.

We now have snippets from Shit Mirror, Over and Out and a new one from Ahead of Ourselves.
https://www.reddit.com/user/ieatyourloathing

And some lyrics for one song:

Shit Mirror lyrics from AZLYRICS (and also before on Reddit):

Got a new face and it feels alright
Power and strength and appetite
I eat your loathing, hate, and fear
Should probably stay away from here

Hey look what's staring back at you
Caught reflecting in your eyes
Well I'm becoming something new
It's getting hard to recognize

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

I tried a bit, then I tried some more
I left her on the bathroom floor
I think I knew when it crossed the line
I think I knew the whole goddamned time

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

streetman
06-13-2018, 03:28 AM
So, spoilers.

We now have snippets from Shit Mirror, Over and Out and a new one from Ahead of Ourselves.

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

Are we sure this isn't 'IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE' all over again?

Dimitri.
06-13-2018, 03:31 AM
It's real. The Ahead of Ourselves snippet is new and clean, and if you've heard the song from the listening station, it's the one.

streetman
06-13-2018, 03:36 AM
It's real. The Ahead of Ourselves snippet is new and clean, and if you've heard the song from the listening station, it's the one.

So who is posting this?

Dimitri.
06-13-2018, 03:39 AM
Anyone with access to the EP. It's probably watermarked so he can't release it in full. My girlfriend works in the music industry, she often gives me full albums before their release (even for really big artists) but I can't put them online because the label would trace it (sadly she doesn't have access to any NIN).

Edit: SHAZAM confirms the snippets are real.

mikeyjt
06-13-2018, 04:11 AM

U sure? Sounds like the same snippet from the bad witch teaser.

cheddamash
06-13-2018, 06:34 AM
So, spoilers.

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

New world
New times
Mutation
Feels alright

The guys posts aren’t loading for me. Did it get removed?

Dimitri.
06-13-2018, 06:57 AM
The guys posts aren’t loading for me. Did it get removed?

Yes. New links:

Shit Mirror: https://clyp.it/w0csf21s
Over and Out: https://clyp.it/zlgtp10t

imail724
06-13-2018, 06:57 AM
The guys posts aren’t loading for me. Did it get removed?Looks that way, but they're on the nin subreddit if you're curious.

paul_guyet
06-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Anyone else ACTUALLY sweating with the hope that we'll get the EP tonight, before the start of the new tour, like we did with AV?

Jetvet1975
06-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Anyone else ACTUALLY sweating with the hope that we'll get the EP tonight, before the start of the new tour, like we did with AV?

I literally was just thinking this exact thought...since he did say we would get the new album before the shows started!

ryanmcfly
06-13-2018, 09:25 AM
I literally was just thinking this exact thought...since he did say we would get the new album before the shows started!

I freak out. However, I would honestly be cool with another single by friday.

thefragile_jake
06-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Ugh. Yeah, I'm going to hold out on any snippets or newly released tracks until this things leaks in full (which I already preordered the vinyl so I won't feel super guilty) or he decides to drop Bad Witch in advance for us.

imail724
06-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Oh man I didn't even realize there's gonna be shows before the release date. I guess we'll be hearing some BW tracks live before studio.

ryanmcfly
06-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Bad Witch was removed from Apple Music.

Nellyrific
06-13-2018, 09:46 AM
It’s still there for me, maybe because I had downloaded it before? Can’t play GBDTD anymore.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/efa80a52a3efe5d140bf89cba9df442e.png

paul_guyet
06-13-2018, 09:52 AM
bad witch was removed from apple music.something's updating!!!!!!!!!!!

caca
06-13-2018, 09:52 AM
It’s still there for me, maybe because I had downloaded it before? Can’t play GBDTD anymore.

Weird. Me too.

Something’s happening... :)

TinDefacto
06-13-2018, 10:13 AM
After GBDTD and the snippet in the teaser video, I wasn't finding myself super excited for Bad Witch. But these two short clips have definitely reignited something, and now I can't wait. Not holding my breath for it to be announced early, but we'll see.

HWB
06-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Oh wait, June the 13th's a show? Aka, today?

We may have a "leak" just like Add Violence, but don't bet on it, Add Violence got leaked like day early, not a week or so.

streetman
06-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Oh wait, June the 13th's a show? Aka, today?

We may have a "leak" just like Add Violence, but don't bet on it, Add Violence got leaked like day early, not a week or so.

Yeah but we had like 3 songs released in advance of the leak.

ryanmcfly
06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Yeah but we had like 3 songs released in advance of the leak.

That is true. Should probably just get another single this week.

snaapz
06-13-2018, 12:01 PM
I want to know who made these (2) samples and made them available?!? Is it NIN giving us a treat or some rogue employee at amazon or apple? Either way im grateful.

streetman
06-13-2018, 12:19 PM
That is true. Should probably just get another single this week.

I hope so. We got GBDTD a month ago. Not sure why it's taking so long to give us another single.

firewlker
06-13-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm not ready for this.

Pbgut
06-13-2018, 01:01 PM
I missed those snippets. This is what I get for sleeping late. If anyone has 'em, I humbly request a PM.

Krazy
06-13-2018, 01:01 PM
I'm not ready for this.

You're gonna get through this. WE are gonna get through this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtC_eKVVEE

streetman
06-13-2018, 01:38 PM
I want to know who made these (2) samples and made them available?!? Is it NIN giving us a treat or some rogue employee at amazon or apple? Either way im grateful.

With the username ‘ieatyourloathing’ I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Trent himself lol.

ryanmcfly
06-13-2018, 01:43 PM
With the username ‘ieatyourloathing’ I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Trent himself lol.

I was thinking that as well. I don't know why he would do that though. Boredom, perhaps?

ZeroSum
06-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Oh my god. I fucking need this today.

nineismine
06-13-2018, 02:30 PM
This is just an observation so don't bite my head off. The amount of time between the release of God Break Down the Door and now has really felt like a long time.

On pretty much every other album release we have had a slow trickle of content as we lead up to the album release date. The waiting with no content has (at this point anyway) actually reduced my hype for the album. Im not trying to say i can predict what it will sound like but I guess I think that the slow trickle is a better way to market than what they have done here.

ZeroSum
06-13-2018, 02:39 PM
This is just an observation so don't bite my head off. The amount of time between the release of God Break Down the Door and now has really felt like a long time.

On pretty much every other album release we have had a slow trickle of content as we lead up to the album release date. The waiting with no content has (at this point anyway) actually reduced my hype for the album. Im not trying to say i can predict what it will sound like but I guess I think that the slow trickle is a better way to market than what they have done here.

Did you attend a presale? I think that experience has helped me avoid feeling what you're describing.

That being said, Bad Witch is such a short album that I don't think I want to hear another single, or another snippet. I want to take it in all at once. I have this hope that, at thirty minutes, there won't be a wasted second on it, and at such a short length, I'll probably almost always listen to it in full.

afors
06-13-2018, 03:07 PM

Maybe the next trickle is a new track live at the Vegas gig tonight?

paul_guyet
06-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Maybe the next trickle is a new track live at the Vegas gig tonight?I'd be astonished if there weren't a few new tracks debuted tonight.

nineismine
06-13-2018, 06:01 PM
**in reply to did I stand in line for tickets**

I didn't, im too busy to stand in line for 6 hours for anything these days! Working , kids , school its all too much for me!

sweeterthan
06-13-2018, 09:48 PM

Sold out pretty much straight away, unfortunately. 

It was posted 6/6 on NIN Spotting 2018. I believe that was when it became available.
It was in nin spotting, but i moved a bunch comments that didn't contain nin spotting links to random nin thoughts so that the original post wouldn't be buried in comments. i prune nin spotting periodically to keep actual spottings visible. Otherwise, you have to sift through discussion on the ranking of nin albums by a mediocre but popular music blog to get interesting information like Reznor's actual signature on postcard.

caca
06-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Anybody else counting down to 12am ET, hoping that the album gets released early, since tonight’s the first show?

Yeah... me neither.

*checks the time again*

caca
06-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Anybody else counting down to 12am ET, hoping that the album gets released early, since tonight’s the first show?

Yeah... me neither.

*checks the time again*

Wellllllllll... shit.

firewlker
06-13-2018, 11:10 PM

Yeah... me neither.

*checks the time again*

I'm kinda laughing at this because it's the same feeling I had on The Black Queen "04/20/2018" they put on their website and... nothing on the day.

And I'm feeling it again.

dpeters
06-14-2018, 12:17 AM
I really want to wait and hear the music in the form intended

Yet part of me remembers growing up in a rural farming town in far northern Washington and recording low quality songs off the faintest radio beacon and trading mixtapes with friends because the songs were so good despite and sometimes because they were rare, bullshit copies off the radio.

Looking forward to the album (and even the snippets whenever they release appropriately).

JMB-GNR
06-14-2018, 03:07 AM
I just received a order confirmation from a dutch webshop for my Bad Witch cd, it says it'll be delivered today. Early release?

HWB
06-14-2018, 03:14 AM
Oh boi if that's true leak is super soon

LosingFocus
06-14-2018, 03:24 AM
I just received a order confirmation from a dutch webshop for my Bad Witch cd, it says it'll be delivered today. Early release?

I missed a delivery yesterday which was (according to the card through the door) “too big to post, record size”. The only thing I’ve ordered on vinyl in the last 2 months is Bad Witch. Getting it redelivered tomorrow.

Probably not it, but got me excited. [emoji23]

afors
06-14-2018, 04:35 AM
I missed a delivery yesterday which was (according to the card through the door) “too big to post, record size”. The only thing I’ve ordered on vinyl in the last 2 months is Bad Witch. Getting it redelivered tomorrow.

Probably not it, but got me excited. [emoji23]

Hope it drops early. It will be frustrating if it drops on 22nd as I'll be at Meltdown, London potentially when it arrives!
Perhaps even available to buy at the show.

Mutilated
06-14-2018, 05:02 AM
Hope it drops early. It will be frustrating if it drops on 22nd as I'll be at Meltdown, London potentially when it arrives!

Haha me too! Catching a flight and all that jazz, busy day.

StockAvuryah
06-14-2018, 06:08 AM
Going to Paris it's perfect though. Album on the 22nd, going to Paris on the 24th, then the 25th it's live, and then going home after that and playing that sweet vinyl. What a timing.

JMB-GNR
06-14-2018, 06:18 AM

Hmmm, false alert. The package tracking content was not in line with the package. Now it says June 22nd again... sorry

Volband
06-14-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm a bit behind on the news, but from bits and pieces here I gathered there was some sort of listening party. Did you get to hear the whole record? How was it?

ryanmcfly
06-14-2018, 09:32 AM
I'm a bit behind on the news, but from bits and pieces here I gathered there was some sort of listening party. Did you get to hear the whole record? How was it?

At the Physical World Presale? Just two songs. They were awesome.

Volband
06-14-2018, 09:33 AM
At the Physical World Presale? Just two songs. They were awesome.
That's nice to hear :)

ryanmcfly
06-14-2018, 09:42 AM
That's nice to hear :)

Yeah. It was Play the Goddamn Part which is a really long instrumental. It was interesting. The other one was Ahead of Ourselves which is a great one. Really noisy. Different vocal style than God break Down the Door. I can't remember much of it though because I only heard it once.

paul_guyet
06-14-2018, 10:11 AM
For anyone who wants more teasing, samples are up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B07CV8R349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528988952&sr=8-1&keywords=nine+inch+nails+bad+witch

EDIT: Although none of the fucking things seem to be playing. Curse you, Amazon!!!!!

nineismine
06-14-2018, 10:21 AM
For anyone who wants more teasing, samples are up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B07CV8R349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528988952&sr=8-1&keywords=nine+inch+nails+bad+witch

EDIT: Although none of the fucking things seem to be playing. Curse you, Amazon!!!!!

Do they work for you?

cdm
06-14-2018, 10:22 AM
Do they work for you?

Nyet.

Sequenteon
06-14-2018, 02:34 PM
With the clips of the actual songs (not shitty recordings) being posted and shared, I'm a bit surprised this album hasn't leaked yet. It's 7 or 8 days out if I remember correctly. I'd bet we'll be seeing this out there in the wild any day now.

ManBurning
06-14-2018, 02:39 PM

Haha me too! Catching a flight and all that jazz, busy day.

Going to Paris it's perfect though. Album on the 22nd, going to Paris on the 24th, then the 25th it's live, and then going home after that and playing that sweet vinyl. What a timing.

Yeah, I'll be on the way to London starting on the 19th. I won't have access to internet or the ability to listen to or download the record at all on my travels, unless it leaks early. I plan on going to Reckless Records and Rough Trade on the 22nd, the day of the show to see if I can find the CD version for sale, but even if I do... I won't exactly have any means of playing the CD on the road. I doubt the hotels in London or Paris have CD players in the rooms, hahahaha.

I might not get to hear the record until I am back home on July 2nd.

Even if it does leak, I'll probably just download it and throw it on my ipod and not listen to it until after the shows. I kinda want to hear the new songs live for the first time.

outatime1004
06-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Just got my shipment notice from UPS for my BW LP with expected delivery of Wednesday June 20. Anyone else get theirs?

Jetvet1975
06-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Just got mine too! Oh man, I hope we get our downloads by tomorrow!

roolfdriht
06-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Just got my shipment notice from UPS for my BW LP with expected delivery of Wednesday June 20. Anyone else get theirs?

Just hit my inbox as well.

ManBurning
06-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.

outatime1004
06-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.

Vinyl really came back in a big way over the last decade. Some may purchase as a form of collecting only, since some bands/companies do take time and effort to put together a great presentation. I got my turntable back in '08, really because of finding Year Zero on LP in a record shop and just thinking how cool that was. I really have no use for CDs, so I purchase vinyl as a way to support the band and generally those vinyl purchases include a digital copy for on the go purposes.

Ruined
06-14-2018, 03:01 PM

Recently, Rolling Stone magazine actually noted that vinyl sales are making a strong comeback (990k sold in 2007, 14.3 million sold in 2017), while CDs were on the way out (712 million in 2007; 88.6 million sold in 2017). Interestingly, music downloads were on steady decline as well (1.3 billion in 2007; 555 million in 2017). Their numbers projected streaming and vinyl to be the main source of music in the coming years. As for me, I'm waiting until I move into my new place before buying a new record player, so, at this time, the vinyl I have is just sitting on the shelf.

ickyvicky
06-14-2018, 03:02 PM
I only buy vinyl from my top favorite artists as part of my collection. Other artists, I just buy their CDs/iTunes.

paul_guyet
06-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Do they work for you?From Amazon Help's Twitter: "I've confirmed on my side the audio samples are currently unavailable as well. I'm sorry for any inconvenience! I've escalated this to our internal teams for investigation."

Ugh.

Very glad I never got into heroin or anything...

Demogorgon
06-14-2018, 03:11 PM

I got one of those old Crossley 5-in-1 players years ago because I got some vinyl on a whim. It barely gets used though and after a while I noticed that most of my vinyl was never really getting anywhere near the rate of play as my cds or digital library, so I pretty much stopped buying it. My digital library expands daily and it's connected to my surround sound, plus the numerous portable devices I have makes vinyl cumbersome and essentially unnecessary.

paul_guyet
06-14-2018, 03:15 PM

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.I had a shitty TEAC CD/cassette/record player/radio years ago. I'd buy a few records here and there and they'd sit somewhere because the sound on that machine was utter balls, but a few years back, my wife restored her family's old Pioneer record player which we then patched into our 5.1. THAT was when I realized there is a difference between mp3/CDs and vinyl. The sound is just more open and I swear to fucking Christ I can hear more stuff and hear that stuff more clearly on wax. I still buy CDs and I'll download stuff no problem, but there's something more aesthetic about vinyl.

imail724
06-14-2018, 03:20 PM
I got one of those old Crossley 5-in-1 players years ago because I got some vinyl on a whim. It barely gets used though and after a while I noticed that most of my vinyl was never really getting anywhere near the rate of play as my cds or digital library, so I pretty much stopped buying it. My digital library expands daily and it's connected to my surround sound, plus the numerous portable devices I have makes vinyl cumbersome and essentially unnecessary.
As someone who collects vinyl, I can't disagree with this comic:

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/download/file.php?id=15997&mode=view

alfonso99
06-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Do they work for you?

They're working on my side...
[Mod: referral link removed]

Sequenteon
06-14-2018, 03:27 PM

For me they all just remain in buffering/loading indefinitely.

cdm
06-14-2018, 03:31 PM
For me they all just remain in buffering/loading indefinitely.

Same.

ZeroSum
06-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Have this funny feeling this thing is going to leak right as I clock into work tonight and the anticipation to hear it will stretch my eight hour shift into a fucking eternity.

Jetvet1975
06-14-2018, 03:39 PM
So on Google Play, all the individual songs are showing up under "songs", where as earlier today, only GBDTD was showing up...something's happening...

Ruined
06-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Same.

Same here. It also says, clearly, "unavailable" next to each track. So, yeah, IDK about this guy's claim of it working for him...

outatime1004
06-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Given that it's Friday new music day in about 7+ hours (EST), maybe album drops digitally a week early? We can only hope!

ManBurning
06-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Given that it's Friday new music day in about 7+ hours (EST), maybe album drops digitally a week early? We can only hope!

I miss new release Tuesday's.

eversonpoe
06-14-2018, 04:12 PM
I miss new release Tuesday's.

it was the only thing tuesdays were good for, other than tacos.

TheBang
06-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Don't ever fucking do that again, tricking people into clicking on your referral link, or I will ban your ass.

alfonso99
06-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Don't ever fucking do that again, tricking people into clicking on your referral link, or I will ban your ass.

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

StockAvuryah
06-14-2018, 07:31 PM

I actually have a record player and vinyl for the albums I really love and want to keep forever and/or for artists I want to support. Also, I love the process of listening to it, because it fits perfectly with my way of listening to music.

I never bought my music also, so that's kind of a way to have a collection, to not forget those albums that forged me, something in the.. physical world.

It does matter when all my life I've lived on the internet.

Krazy
06-14-2018, 07:36 PM

Absolutely not. You’ll know who has a record player though, because they’ll tell you wether you asked or not.

https://i.imgflip.com/mw7me.jpg

hologram parade
06-14-2018, 07:53 PM
^
for the what it’s worth I got my record player in the beginning of 2007, but didn’t grow my beard until 2010

neorev
06-14-2018, 07:54 PM
No record player here. No vinyl preordered either.

streetman
06-14-2018, 07:57 PM
I'm still kind of baffled there's been no word on Bad Witch for a month now.

Pbgut
06-14-2018, 08:03 PM
I'm still kind of baffled there's been no word on Bad Witch for a month now.

Tomorrow is new music day, maybe we'll get one more new song? Though the Physical World presales kinda counted as there were two new songs previewed there.

I hope we get an actual video!

Also I've seen so many new post notifications for this thread in Tapatalk I thought there'd been a leak, way to get my hopes up everyone [emoji12]

sweeterthan
06-14-2018, 08:42 PM
Got my shipping confirmation too. Somehow this feels longer than the wait for the fragile.

ItsChrisRoss
06-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Just got this in my email, but I’m curious because it says Livenation.

Does livenation ship ship the new vinyl preorders?

GNARLYWOOD C/O LIVE NATION

Tracking Number:

Ship To:
CHRIS ROSS

UPS Service:
UPS GROUND

Number of Packages:

Package Weight:
1.2 LBS

Scheduled Delivery:
06/18/2018 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/x-apple-data-detectors://4)

Reference Number 1:

Reference Number 2:
LN Nine Inch Nails (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/x-apple-data-detectors://5)

TheBang
06-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Just got this in my email, but I’m curious because it says Livenation.

Livenation is the current provider of the NIN Store.

caca
06-14-2018, 10:02 PM
I just got a shipping confirmation for Monday, too.

12am ET is less than an hour away. Nothing would please me more than this dropping tonight so that I can listen to it over and over on my drive from Phoenix to Vegas tomorrow.

ItsChrisRoss
06-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Livenation is the current provider of the NIN Store.

Ah I feel like I knew this and just had a momentary lapse.

Thanks!

Lerxto
06-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Not getting any confirmation emails here.
Maybe because I ordered the deluxe package from the UK store, which is not available/disappeared at the moment. The wait begins.

Bachy
06-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Got my shipping notification as well.

ZeroSum
06-14-2018, 10:52 PM
Mine is slated to arrive on Tuesday.

Damage
06-14-2018, 11:32 PM

Apple music is starting to piss me off. Please do not remove crap from my computer (and subsequently ipod)

caca
06-14-2018, 11:34 PM
Apple music is starting to piss me off. Please do not remove crap from my computer (and subsequently ipod)

Agreed... unless something’s being fixed.

Here’s something weird, though: if you just do a general search for the album, GBDTD is available to play:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/f42f7828362102cb48a722615161a6a1.png

Bajoobatron
06-14-2018, 11:44 PM
I just ordered it. I was holding out for a PC, but I buckled. I'll get the CD any way, but I need something to place with the PC's of the first 2. Maybe the vinyl IS the physical component; maybe the PC hasn't been made available yet. Maybe the pre-order vinyls have a secret PC and blueberries will rain down on me tomorrow. I don't fucking know. I had a code to use, and I didn't have the Gone Girl OST in my collection for some reason, so I vinyl'd that shit too (YAY discount!). Wish there was a digital DL for GG. That would've been awesome. Oh well, sorry about the rant.

Tumnayar
06-14-2018, 11:45 PM
I ordered the deluxe bundle, no email for me yet

willgaspari
06-15-2018, 12:32 AM
No shipping notification for me as of yet.

I was starting to feel alone, like I wasn't part of the group,
so I ordered a couple of Herbie Hancock LP's from Amazon.
Chose next day shipping.
Now, I have a shipment notification.

Sure, it's not the NIN one, but I feel loved again.

streetman
06-15-2018, 12:52 AM
Tomorrow is new music day, maybe we'll get one more new song? Though the Physical World presales kinda counted as there were two new songs previewed there.

I hope we get an actual video!

Also I've seen so many new post notifications for this thread in Tapatalk I thought there'd been a leak, way to get my hopes up everyone [emoji12]

God, I hope so. A video for a new single would be such a relief.

afors
06-15-2018, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I'll be on the way to London starting on the 19th. I won't have access to internet or the ability to listen to or download the record at all on my travels, unless it leaks early. I plan on going to Reckless Records and Rough Trade on the 22nd, the day of the show to see if I can find the CD version for sale, but even if I do... I won't exactly have any means of playing the CD on the road. I doubt the hotels in London or Paris have CD players in the rooms, hahahaha.

I might not get to hear the record until I am back home on July 2nd.

Even if it does leak, I'll probably just download it and throw it on my ipod and not listen to it until after the shows. I kinda want to hear the new songs live for the first time.

This has me laughing. Exact same problem, LP arriving perhaps on the 22nd when I'll be in London. No streaming access (I don't do streaming). Was thinking exact same thoughts maybe buy the CD at the gig and having to take my 20 year old CD walkman {does it still work?} along to hear it!! Very unhip..:D

Kyle
06-15-2018, 02:56 AM
i ordered the vinyl but I don't actually own a record player (yet). If this arrives 2 days early and I the downloads aren't ready yet and I have no way of listening to it, I won't be happy

Mutilated
06-15-2018, 03:19 AM

I don't have a record player, but I love collecting vinyl for the larger cover art and limited edition coloured vinyl editions too. I frame some to hang on walls.

afors
06-15-2018, 03:20 AM
i ordered the vinyl but I don't actually own a record player (yet). If this arrives 2 days early and I the downloads aren't ready yet and I have no way of listening to it, I won't be happy
It's a turntable young man a turntable ;)

Mutilated
06-15-2018, 03:24 AM
This has me laughing. Exact same problem, LP arriving perhaps on the 22nd when I'll be in London. No streaming access (I don't do streaming). Was thinking exact same thoughts maybe buy the CD at the gig and having to take my 20 year old CD walkman {does it still work?} along to hear it!! Very unhip..:D

Beautiful. I love it. I don't do streaming either.

ninjaw
06-15-2018, 03:30 AM
CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ? Was PC not a good idea ? i'd like to know what happened to the third PC...
Also :
- I saw french ppl turning to amazon because of the 24bit download included and pissed of about official prices and .. especially the deviation price on local stores
- Myself I stopped to collect vinyl because of the unfamous "vinyl statement" I had fun to collect vinyl before, now I don't, and also, I had to buy Deviation, way too expensive to buy any other vinyl... or re-buy the whole thing for ... nothing new ? I won't buy any player obviously.

Kyle
06-15-2018, 03:32 AM
It's a turntable young man a turntable ;)

If I was a young man, it would be a turntable. I'm an old fart so it's a record player

afors
06-15-2018, 03:49 AM
CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ? Was PC not a good idea ? i'd like to know what happened to the third PC...
Also :
- I saw french ppl turning to amazon because of the 24bit download included and pissed of about official prices and .. especially the deviation price on local stores
- Myself I stopped to collect vinyl because of the unfamous "vinyl statement" I had fun to collect vinyl before, now I don't, and also, I had to buy Deviation, way too expensive to buy any other vinyl... or re-buy the whole thing for ... nothing new ? I won't buy any player obviously.

I like to think with the 3rd release the Physical Component is the LP itself ie outside of streaming etc you had to buy it physically (LP/CD) to get the digital download. I also think perhaps the fact that PC2 hasn't yet sold out (unlike PC1) led to lack of desire for a PC3? Who knows. Just starting to contemplate framing options for PC1 right now. I still wonder what significance of unique serial number on PC2 was about though...

sweeterthan
06-15-2018, 05:56 AM
God, I hope so. A video for a new single would be such a relief.

A performance video. The last video needed a lot more reznor.

Mike
06-15-2018, 06:21 AM
I like to think with the 3rd release the Physical Component is the LP itself ie outside of streaming etc you had to buy it physically (LP/CD) to get the digital download. I also think perhaps the fact that PC2 hasn't yet sold out (unlike PC1) led to lack of desire for a PC3? Who knows. Just starting to contemplate framing options for PC1 right now. I still wonder what significance of unique serial number on PC2 was about though...
I’m guessing the PCs were a pain in the ass to deal with, and now they potentially have a huge stack of them laying around that they can’t get rid of. I think the first one was pretty limited, and the second one not so much (maybe even because people on here were bitching that they weren’t able to get the first one so they made more the second time around?) Anyway, if any of that is the case, I dont blame them for not doing another one. I’m sad about it, because I wanted my third and final PC to round out the set. I’ve been speculating what it was going to be ever since getting the second one, and thinking about what to do with them. But if it was just a brain drain to make it happen, I get it.

hani
06-15-2018, 06:29 AM
I actually loved PC2 and I wish I could put my hands on PC1. oh well

Lerxto
06-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Maybe Bad Witch doesn't need a physical component. Physical component existed in the first place because 'the intention of the record is for it to exist in the physical world'.
Something to do with the story arc, or the physical world ticketing "experience" really was the physical component for Bad Witch.

ghostaustin
06-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Maybe Bad Witch doesn't need a physical component. Physical component existed in the first place because 'the intention of the record is for it to exist in the physical world'.
Something to do with the story arc, or the physical world ticketing "experience" really was the physical component for Bad Witch.
I'm hoping there's something special with the vinyl, even if it's just weird shit along with the lyrics. I'm not sure what would tie the 3 EPs together in a satisfying way though.

thefragile_jake
06-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Not bothered by any lack of PC ... but just excited for these to ship next week! Were a lot of you able to pick up the exclusive off white they were selling for a bit? I'm pumped to get my hands on that.

ninjaw
06-15-2018, 08:39 AM

You speak official, but PC existed just to sell 24bit download... and now there isn't anything except CD... 16bit

botley
06-15-2018, 09:26 AM
You speak official, but PC existed just to sell 24bit download... and now there isn't anything except CD... 16bit
24bit downloads (where they exist) come with all nin.com vinyl purchases too.

ltrandazzo
06-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Yeah... if you purchase the vinyl, you can choose to also get a 24bit download when the release date arrives.

Hyperpower
06-15-2018, 12:10 PM

the only vinyl i have are all NIN and part of that is the collector in me, part of it is that years ago i wanted to some day get a record player but since then i have learned that getting into record players/setups is so expensive.
a decent setup would not be cheap from my understanding and i am not willing to have something at least decent so i am kinda over having a record player and mostly its a collector/to view the artworks that acommpany the vinyl.

the thought of listening to records is great but in reality, its what you can afford its always cheaper to get a CD than to try getting a setup that is highly unrealistic for me, i do wonder who if TR thinks about the affordability of record player/setups. do i want to listen to the entire discography on vinyl? yep... can i afford to? nope

i am curious also to see how many people here have record players.

minarets77
06-15-2018, 12:30 PM
i have had a record player for a long time. but i upgraded in 2011 when they became more readily available and thus, cheaper.

ItsChrisRoss
06-15-2018, 12:44 PM
I have a record player, and among random pictures I post on Instagram, I post shots of the records that I am currently listening to. Many of them just simply look cool (colored vinyl) but I think its a fun hobby. There's a whole community of record lovers out there on Instagram.

If anyone is interested in seeing some of them, you can find me on Instagram under the same username I have on here, ItsChrisRoss

Mike
06-15-2018, 12:44 PM
the only vinyl i have are all NIN and part of that is the collector in me, part of it is that years ago i wanted to some day get a record player but since then i have learned that getting into record players/setups is so expensive.
a decent setup would not be cheap from my understanding and i am not willing to have something at least decent so i am kinda over having a record player and mostly its a collector/to view the artworks that acommpany the vinyl.

the thought of listening to records is great but in reality, its what you can afford its always cheaper to get a CD than to try getting a setup that is highly unrealistic for me, i do wonder who if TR thinks about the affordability of record player/setups. do i want to listen to the entire discography on vinyl? yep... can i afford to? nope

I have one of those all-in-one record players that mostly only gets used to play Christmas music when my wife has her family over during the holidays, etc...

I have 2 or 3 NIN records that I have not ever listened to, and a handful of other stuff as well. I think the last thing I played on it was Meddle by Pink Floyd and my wife made fun of me for it because of the noise parts of Echoes. I wouldn't mind getting a proper setup for playing records, but don't think I would ever get around to it. I have some great speakers and a decent amp for them, but no component record player.

EndlessLoveless
06-15-2018, 02:05 PM
My wife and I bought a record player maybe 10 years ago. i always collected NIN vinyl beforehand as, I am a typical NIN fan who needs to have every version of every release. So I didnt really need to go back and buy the older releases as I already had them, opened but never played except the fragile. That one was played when i still lived at my parents after hooking up my dads old record player specifically to hear the differences compared to CD. I still have the fucking tape somewhere as well.

I am way excited for this album. I havent listened to the phenomenal "God Break down the door" more than a handful of times so it would stay fresh. I have a feeling "over and out' will be incredible. Came across tickets for the 2nd chicago show, general admission. The days leading up to a new NIN release are some of the best days of my life so ive been in an unusually good mood lately. I'm 35 years old and i feel like a kid on christmas morning walking down the stairs.... thank you for that TR and co. Please dont ever fucking stop.

ryanmcfly
06-15-2018, 02:35 PM
I love my record player. I don't use it right now because our outlet that is near it crapped out. Still need to call maintenance about that. Probably should with Bad Witch coming out next week.

paul_guyet
06-15-2018, 03:30 PM
If something in/about Bad Witch activates or interacts with those codes from the AV PC, I feel like they might sell a lot more of those AV PCs.

Pbgut
06-15-2018, 03:35 PM
If TR said that the sci-fi ending of the trilogy was kind of abandoned, does that make the PCs/earlier themes void or at least altered? Or did they come up with an ending that's more like a rewrite, and not do the PC for more practical reasons?

Mike
06-15-2018, 03:55 PM
If TR said that the sci-fi ending of the trilogy was kind of abandoned, does that make the PCs/earlier themes void or at least altered? Or did they come up with an ending that's more like a rewrite, and not do the PC for more practical reasons?
I feel like its the practical reasons, but time will tell... someone's gotta ask him in an interview (or he answers here...)

ManBurning
06-15-2018, 04:00 PM
CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ?

Did I miss something? Where is the official announcement for the CD? I can't find news of it anywhere.

neorev
06-15-2018, 04:09 PM
I just wish they offered the CD thru the official store. I rather pay $20 for the CD with a 24 bit download rather than a vinyl record with the download because I'll have a lot more use for the CD than the record. A separate 24 digital download would be wicked, but it seems very unlikely for either a CD or separate download will be made available thru the store.

cheddamash
06-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Did I miss something? Where is the official announcement for the CD? I can't find news of it anywhere.

No official announcement. (Since when have they ever had separate announcements for different formats?) The CD is available everywhere though, just not nin.com.

nihilmatters
06-15-2018, 05:40 PM

I bought my record player in pieces, as I could afford them. First I bought a Pro-Ject turntable, next a pre-amp, then a pair of Audioengine bookshelf speakers and lastly a Audioengine subwoofer. The hardest part of the process was getting some cool hardware, but just having it all sit in a closet until I had enough pieces to actually get to use it! After putting it all together, whenever I put on a vinyl it sounds/feels like I am experiencing a live performance.

After getting it all put together, I now have a vinyl collection that wraps around several walls, top to bottom. I guess you can say I'm an addict now. I used to have a massive CD collection, but honestly I stopped caring for them after getting into vinyl and I ended up giving them all away to friends (after digitizing of course).

Vinyl is an expensive hobby, but I definitely feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Hardly a day goes by that I don't go to my music room to relax and listen to something. Plus, the money I've put into everything over the years has only gone up in value. There are so many records that I've bought for $25 that are worth 5 - 10 times more than what I originally paid for them. Plus, I enjoy getting my records signed whenever I can. I probably have about 100 or signed by different artists I've met over the years. Alot of them laugh when I pull a vinyl out of my backpack. :)

So yes, I buy vinyl and love it!

zaps30
06-15-2018, 06:17 PM
I got an email from UPS about my bundle shipping and arriving on the 22nd. No email from NIN about it though. I thought the UPS thing was spam at first because I hadn't ordered anything that should have been shipping now (or so I thought).

StockAvuryah
06-15-2018, 06:18 PM
A performance video. The last video needed a lot more reznor.

A final music video for the trilogy, something more than a visualizer, would be exciting.

Mike
06-16-2018, 11:45 AM
I bought my record player in pieces, as I could afford them. First I bought a Pro-Ject turntable, next a pre-amp, then a pair of Audioengine bookshelf speakers and lastly a Audioengine subwoofer. The hardest part of the process was getting some cool hardware, but just having it all sit in a closet until I had enough pieces to actually get to use it! After putting it all together, whenever I put on a vinyl it sounds/feels like I am experiencing a live performance.

After getting it all put together, I now have a vinyl collection that wraps around several walls, top to bottom. I guess you can say I'm an addict now. I used to have a massive CD collection, but honestly I stopped caring for them after getting into vinyl and I ended up giving them all away to friends (after digitizing of course).

Vinyl is an expensive hobby, but I definitely feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Hardly a day goes by that I don't go to my music room to relax and listen to something. Plus, the money I've put into everything over the years has only gone up in value. There are so many records that I've bought for $25 that are worth 5 - 10 times more than what I originally paid for them. Plus, I enjoy getting my records signed whenever I can. I probably have about 100 or signed by different artists I've met over the years. Alot of them laugh when I pull a vinyl out of my backpack. :)

So yes, I buy vinyl and love it!
This is why I'm ok with my all-in-one. I know damn well that I'll go nuts and need to build on to my house to display / store all the vinyl I would buy.

eversonpoe
06-16-2018, 12:00 PM
This is why I'm ok with my all-in-one. I know damn well that I'll go nuts and need to build on to my house to display / store all the vinyl I would buy.

the problem with those things is that they literally destroy your records as you listen to them :(

Mike
06-16-2018, 01:37 PM
the problem with those things is that they literally destroy your records as you listen to them :(
I Have no problem destroying all the Christmas albums that get played on it. My NIN records are still
sealed. :p

spahn
06-16-2018, 04:07 PM
i got my UPS notification today with delivery set for the 21st!!

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
06-16-2018, 06:35 PM
From amazon

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:
Nine Inch Nails "Bad Witch" Estimated arrival date: June 22, 2018

ziltoid
06-16-2018, 06:41 PM
From amazon

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:
Nine Inch Nails "Bad Witch" Estimated arrival date: June 22, 2018
Hmm, I got the same message for my CD but my vinyl order still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

richardp
06-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Glad I ordered through Amazon as the current pre-order price guarantee for mine is listed as $9.66. I'll be bummed if the NIN.com somehow come with some exclusive shit, but other than that, stoked that I'm getting it for literally half the price.

thefragile_jake
06-16-2018, 06:59 PM
No delivery date set yet for that off white Spotify Exclusive pressing, but hopefully those of us that ordered it get some notification soon!

Winter Is Coming
06-16-2018, 09:52 PM
I...I just listened to the album front to back. Twice. I guess that kind of makes up for missing the Saturday show.

Am I allowed to say that? Can I post thoughts?

Mike
06-16-2018, 09:57 PM
I...I just listened to the album front to back. Twice. I guess that kind of makes up for missing the Saturday show.

how did you manage to do that?!

botley
06-16-2018, 10:02 PM
I'd say "link or it didn't happen" but hey, it probably did. Good for you. The rest of us can wait a few more days...

Winter Is Coming
06-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Someone at the Vegas shows had it. I don’t know how they got it and I don’t have the access to the source to share it (sorry!).

All I know is that it is real. I apologize, dick move on my part. I probably shouldn’t have posted that but I was excited having just listened to it.

I’m actually surprised that no one has posted about it on here already. I personally watched at least half a dozen people listen to the album while we waited in line for the show yesterday.

ComradeCornhole
06-16-2018, 10:13 PM
Great! I for one would love to hear what you thought.

Lerxto
06-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Trent are you reading this
Drop the album already, please :rolleyes:

ComradeCornhole
06-16-2018, 10:18 PM
I'm saying.

firewlker
06-16-2018, 10:28 PM

I would like to hear your thoughts, but I don't know if It is against the rules, even considering there's no download link here.

Winter Is Coming
06-16-2018, 10:34 PM
My description of the album.

Shit Mirror reminds me of WT era vocals. Has some distortion to it too. Seems like the most straight forward song on the album. I think it could translate well live. Has an almost tribal beat to it. I’m bad at dissecting/describing music lol. I would say this song fits the trilogy well. If it was from NTAE, it would sound at home.

Ahead of Ourselves has a drum and bass sound (maybe?) reminds me of that new song from Deviations, Taken. Verses have distorted vocals. This is gonna sound retarded but the distorted vocals vaguely reminds me of a droid from Star Wars. Or Leia disguised as a bounty hunter at the beginning of Jedi? I don’t know. It’s distorted. Chorus is aggressive. Catchy.

Play the Goddamn Part reminds me of Driver Down. A lot. Instrumental.

Im Not From This World has a bit of Ghosts vibe. Instrumental. But dirtier, like it belongs in this new EP trilogy. Doesn’t have that majestic beauty that so many ghosts songs had. This one is raw. Like something crawling.

Over and out sounds kinda funky at the start. I would describe it as kinda mellow, Bowie-esque at some parts, not upbeat but maybe hopefull sounding.

i probably sound more like a crazy person because once you all hear the album you’re gonna read this and say I was not even close.

firewlker
06-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Wait, so there's two instrumental tracks on Bad Witch?

Winter Is Coming
06-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Wait, so there's two instrumental tracks on Bad Witch?

correct.

nineismine
06-16-2018, 10:47 PM
It sure seems like they were not interested in promoting this album too much. Here we are now 6 days from release and we don't even have samples up on amazon. One teaser and one single which was definitely an odd one. I said this before but the lack of promotion for me personally has been slowly sapping my enthusiasm. hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD. I have the vinyl coming but im not exactly sitting on the edge of my seat anymore as I was a month ago.

firewlker
06-16-2018, 10:47 PM
correct.

oh fuck

ZeroSum
06-16-2018, 11:02 PM
....Why hasn't someone uploaded it?!

Kyle
06-16-2018, 11:04 PM
It sure seems like they were not interested in promoting this album too much. Here we are now 6 days from release and we don't even have samples up on amazon. One teaser and one single which was definitely an odd one. I said this before but the lack of promotion for me personally has been slowly sapping my enthusiasm. hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD. I have the vinyl coming but im not exactly sitting on the edge of my seat anymore as I was a month ago.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. Hearing so much of add violence before it came out made it much less exciting when I heard the whole thing. I hope to hear no more songs until I can hear the whole thing. I feel the same way about movie trailers for movies I know damn well I'm going to see anyway

Jetvet1975
06-16-2018, 11:11 PM
2 instrumentals? That sucks. Although, I don't love instrumentals, I'd be fine if it was on a 12 track album. But 2 out of 6 songs? Sorry, for me, that's disappointing.

firewlker
06-16-2018, 11:16 PM
When I've read about these two instrumentals I've forgot to say that soon will appear pissed people because of it.

WELL

Ribbitman
06-16-2018, 11:20 PM
ugh this needs to drop lol its been such a long wait

ZeroSum
06-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Two instrumentals on a 30 min album is pretty disappointing. I think Trent's vocals have been the most interesting part of this trilogy so far.

Weren't people who got a chance to listen at the presales saying 'Play the Goddamn Part' was only "mostly" instrumental, though? I was imagining some very sparse, but cryptic, captivating lyrics, like This Isn't the Place or The Way Out is through. I am pretty into that approach.

nineismine
06-16-2018, 11:28 PM
How much did we hear of A V ? 2 or 3 songs?

ZeroSum
06-16-2018, 11:31 PM
For AV, Less Than and This Isn't the Place both dropped before the full EP did. Doesn't seem like a lot, but that's like 40% of the album. I'm going to resist hearing anything else that might surface from Bad Witch until we have the full album.

Kyle
06-16-2018, 11:32 PM
How much did we hear of A V ? 2 or 3 songs?

Which is half the EP

sonic_discord
06-16-2018, 11:35 PM
What's with everyone bitching about instrumentals? I remember coming here in the early 2000s and it seemed like everyone wanted MORE instrumentals.

nineismine
06-16-2018, 11:36 PM
< half

sonic_discord
06-16-2018, 11:48 PM

You cancelled your pre-order based on a vague one-paragraph description from a random stranger on the internet? You seem very easily swayed/influenced. I personally would wait and judge it for myself in five days rather than take the word of a complete stranger online who may or may not be full of shit. As far as promotion is concerned, I've read several interviews and album reviews, they dropped a single and announced the album the same day as a big tour that made some big headlines due to the unique nature of the "Physical World" ticket pre-sales. There's been plenty of promotion going on and there will be much more this coming week. These days, most people stream their music, so maybe it makes more sense to wait to heavily promote the album until it's available to stream?

nineismine
06-16-2018, 11:57 PM
You cancelled your pre-order based on a vague one-paragraph description from a random stranger on the internet? You seem very easily swayed/influenced. I personally would wait and judge it for myself in five days rather than take the word of a complete stranger online who may or may not be full of shit. As far as promotion is concerned, I've read several interviews and album reviews, they dropped a single and announced the album the same day as a big tour that made some big headlines due to the unique nature of the "Physical World" ticket pre-sales. There's been plenty of promotion going on and there will be much more this coming week. These days, most people stream their music, so maybe it makes more sense to wait to heavily promote the album until it's available to stream?

Hmmmm thankfully i have you here to show me the way. I didn't realize that cancelling the preorder for the CD would bar me from ever hearing the album. It's amazing how you seem to understand my motivations so much better than I do!

Just because I didnt write an essay explaining my motivations doesn't mean they don't exist. I suppose if you were really interested in understanding why i chose to cancel my order, you could have asked some questions. i think an intelligent person probably doesn't need this explanation though. I mean you didn't really even do a good job of summing up my scant post, to me the promotion seems a little lazy compared to all of the other albums I have seen released over the last 20 years, and on top of that it's definitely disappointing to hear that that we have 2 instrumentals. So far Reznor hasn't even done much press for this one. I don't think it takes a super genius to wade into a line of thinking that wonders if the lack of promotion and the lack of any sort of teasers could signal that Trent is not that enthusiastic about this one.

This is all speculation but see thats the great thing about canceling my preorder of the cd. I can always buy it later if those things aren't true can't I?

If you just wanted to put someone in a box so you can feel superior then i suppose you might choose to ignore any and all of the myriad of reasons which might support what I said earlier.

ZeroSum
06-16-2018, 11:57 PM
What's with everyone bitching about instrumentals? I remember coming here in the early 2000s and it seemed like everyone wanted MORE instrumentals.

I mean, they certainly got what they wanted. Ghosts and like six soundtracks, plus a handful of instrumentals on YZ/TS/HM have come out since then. There's even more purely instrumental material if you wanna include Deviations and HtDA.

On a more personal note, it's only been recently that Trent's voice has become my favorite part of NIN, which is kind of odd to say. A lot of it might just be the lyrics resonating more than they did when I was in high school, when I couldn't really grasp, at a visceral level, a lot of the themes Trent's lyrics deal with. But yeah-- Would have been fine with a 2 or even 3 instrumentals if it were a 10-12 song album, but at 6 songs... eh. It does put a bit of a damper on my excitement, which is why I'm hoping this dude is full of shit.

Kyle
06-17-2018, 12:04 AM
If we're not counting the bonus tracks, broken is a 6 track EP with two instrumentals

Pbgut
06-17-2018, 12:05 AM
I will say, in defense of the instrumentals, that their score work is necessarily by their nature limited to not being too distracting/interesting - it's meant to compliment another work. We could have a pair of engaging TR/NINstrumentals on our hands like "Driver Down" or "Pilgrimage" that, to me, are as great as any top vocal track they've done. So I'm still excited.

Jetvet1975
06-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Just to chime back in...even though I'm disappointed by the 2 instrumentals, I'm excited as fuck for this album to drop!

firewlker
06-17-2018, 12:19 AM
If we're not counting the bonus tracks, broken is a 6 track EP with two instrumentals

Yes, and we're about to have a same lenght (basically) Record with two instrumentals, don't see no problem about that.

Pbgut
06-17-2018, 12:24 AM
Also, although I've always thought of Broken with its full eight songs (with the two bonus tracks as an encore, kinda), the two instrumentals on there are much needed breathing room and are more interludes than fully formed "songs" like, say, Just Like You Imagined. Judging by my faded memory of Play the Goddamned Part, at least one of these instrumentals is a full fledged composition and is exciting and strange. I remember wishing I could hear it in a less busy place than the Radio City Music Hall lobby.

sonic_discord
06-17-2018, 12:30 AM
Hmmmm thankfully i have you here to show me the way. I didn't realize that cancelling the preorder for the CD would bar me from ever hearing the album. It's amazing how you seem to understand my motivations so much better than I do!

Just because I didnt write an essay explaining my motivations doesnt mean they dont exist. I suppose if you were really interested in understanding why i chose to cancel you could have asked some questions, i think an intelligent person probably doesn't need this explanation though. If you just wanted to put someone in a box so you can feel superior then i suppose you might choose to ignore all that.

You said yourself that after "hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD." You didn't provide any other information or "motivation," so this appeared to be your only (or at least your primary) reason. It was not my intent to put you in a box so I could feel superior. If anything, I was making an effort to change your mind, suggest that you think for yourself and reconsider what I perceived to be a hasty decision influenced by the opinions and reactions of others. I also just wanted to debate your statement that there hadn't been any promotion for Bad Witch, which I respectfully disagreed with. I didn't mean to offend, I just get tired of seeing so much negativity online. Sometimes it seems like a lot of people already have their minds made up well before they've even heard the album.

Ruined
06-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Reading that two instrumentals are possibly a part of Bad Witch just makes me want to hear it more! Some of my favorite NIN songs are instrumentals. This week is going so slowly...

Lerxto
06-17-2018, 12:50 AM
An instrumental that sounds like Driver Down? I'm fucking in.

MORE SAXOPHONES

nineismine
06-17-2018, 12:51 AM
You said yourself that after "hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD." You didn't provide any other information or "motivation," so this appeared to be your only (or at least your primary) reason. It was not my intent to put you in a box so I could feel superior. If anything, I was making an effort to change your mind, suggest that you think for yourself and reconsider what I perceived to be a hasty decision influenced by the opinions and reactions of others. I also just wanted to debate your statement that there hadn't been any promotion for Bad Witch, which I respectfully disagreed with. I didn't mean to offend, I just get tired of seeing so much negativity online. Sometimes it seems like a lot of people already have their minds made up well before they've even heard the album.

I have the vinyl coming but im not exactly sitting on the edge of my seat anymore as I was a month ago.

Not sure what else there is to say, I seem like someone easily influenced and you seem like someone who rushes to judgement about others.
I am sorry if I misunderstood your intent but your post would likely be more influential if you didn't include the words "you seem like the kind of person" followed by a negative characterization of someone. (especially being that you just said you are tired of the negativity because it seems like you are taking part of it in your response to me)

As for promotion I didn't say there hasn't been ANY I said and I maintain that they sure seems to be alot less than what I am used to. We did have the one Zane Lowe interview where he talked about the album but there hasn't been much more. I don't know anything about what we are going to get but there sure seems (to me) to be alot less promotion and as I mentioned there arent even samples out days before the release. Very strange in this day and age, strange enough for me to decide to cancel my 10$ CD and wait to buy it later if I still want it.
I didn't cancel my Vinyl or sell my tickets to the show :P .

Anyway no harm no foul!

paul_guyet
06-17-2018, 12:56 AM
Two instrumentals on a 30 min album is pretty disappointing. I think Trent's vocals have been the most interesting part of this trilogy so far.

Weren't people who got a chance to listen at the presales saying 'Play the Goddamn Part' was only "mostly" instrumental, though? I was imagining some very sparse, but cryptic, captivating lyrics, like This Isn't the Place or The Way Out is through. I am pretty into that approach."Play The Goddamned Part" is a full instrumental. Or the lyrics were buried deep enough at the Physical World thing that I couldn't make them out.

Wretchedest
06-17-2018, 01:30 AM
Did I miss something in the last few years where Fridays are the new Tuesdays?

GentlemanLoser
06-17-2018, 01:31 AM
Did I miss something in the last few years where Fridays are the new Tuesdays?

Yeah, it was a few years back that they changed new music day from Tuesdays to Fridays. I don't remember the reason, something to increase sales somehow, it was dumb.

iamclassic
06-17-2018, 01:54 AM
For fucks sake, the instrumentals are worth it. It's fantastic.i recommend listening to it with no distractions. This isnt a background album

Volband
06-17-2018, 01:54 AM
When I've read about these two instrumentals I've forgot to say that soon will appear pissed people because of it.

WELL
Honestly, it's not much of a bold prediction that people - including me - get disappointed by the fact that BW has two instrumental tracks. Maybe it's tiring to hear the moans of our side on the NIN camp, but it's equally tiring for us to hear that whatever Trent does, we have to suck it up, because it is an artistic masterpiece, and if we don't appreciate it, then it says everything baout us blah blah blah. No. It absolutely should not be a controversial NIN opinion that 2 instrumental songs on an LP is a fucking let down. I will gladly quote and laugh at myself if we end up getting two Just Like You Imagined-quality instrumentals, but until then, it doesn't look too promising.

And why aren't we counting those aside from forcing a point? If we are not counting the instrumentals on BW, then BW doesn't have any instrumentals. There, it's true, but why the stretch? Especially given the fact how much (live) playtime Suck got.

Yes, and we're about to have a same lenght (basically) Record with two instrumentals, don't see no problem about that.
The combined length of Pinion and HMIIH is 3 minutes...

sonic_discord
06-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Not sure what else there is to say, I seem like someone easily influenced and you seem like someone who rushes to judgement about others.
I am sorry if I misunderstood your intent but your post would likely be more influential if you didn't include the words "you seem like the kind of person" followed by a negative characterization of someone. (especially being that you just said you are tired of the negativity because it seems like you are taking part of it in your response to me)

I didn't say "you seem like the kind of person..."
I said "You seem very easily swayed/influenced."
But I digress. I will admit that I could have chosen a less negative/smartass way to argue my point.

As for promotion I didn't say there hasn't been ANY I said and I maintain that they sure seems to be alot less than what I am used to. We did have the one Zane Lowe interview where he talked about the album but there hasn't been much more. I don't know anything about what we are going to get but there sure seems (to me) to be alot less promotion and as I mentioned there arent even samples out days before the release. Very strange in this day and age, strange enough for me to decide to cancel my 10$ CD and wait to buy it later if I still want it.
I didn't cancel my Vinyl or sell my tickets to the show :P .

Anyway no harm no foul!

I agree that this is considerably less promotion than a typical album would receive, but the last two EPs had about the same amount of pre-release promotion, from what I remember. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sure we'll see it ramp up this week, leading up to release day and I expect them to continue to bang the drum for a couple of weeks with radio show appearances, magazine interviews (maybe a magazine cover or two?), and social media posts. I also think the brief length is a factor. Although, since this release is being billed as an album/record (rather than an EP) as well as the final installment in a trilogy, so it is a little surprising that the hype machine hasn't been kicked up a notch.
You have a good point about being able to buy the CD at a later date. As far as the instrumentals, let's hope they fall into the category of fantastic, standout ones like A Warm Place, Just Like You Imagined, or The Mark Has Been Made and not so much Corona Radiata.

Kyle
06-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Honestly, it's not much of a bold prediction that people - including me - get disappointed by the fact that BW has two instrumental tracks. Maybe it's tiring to hear the moans of our side on the NIN camp, but it's equally tiring for us to hear that whatever Trent does, we have to suck it up, because it is an artistic masterpiece, and if we don't appreciate it, then it says everything baout us blah blah blah. No. It absolutely should not be a controversial NIN opinion that 2 instrumental songs on an LP is a fucking let down. I will gladly quote and laugh at myself if we end up getting two Just Like You Imagined-quality instrumentals, but until then, it doesn't look too promising.

And why aren't we counting those aside from forcing a point? If we are not counting the instrumentals on BW, then BW doesn't have any instrumentals. There, it's true, but why the stretch? Especially given the fact how much (live) playtime Suck got.

The combined length of Pinion and HMIIH is 3 minutes...

because Trent doesn't consider them part of the album. That's why he wanted them on a separate disc. They're both cover songs

BRoswell
06-17-2018, 02:04 AM
So far Reznor hasn't even done much press for this one. I don't think it takes a super genius to wade into a line of thinking that wonders if the lack of promotion and the lack of any sort of teasers could signal that Trent is not that enthusiastic about this one.

Or he and Atticus feel that the record speaks for itself. Or they want people to hear the record first before they begin to deconstruct it in any way. I'm not sure why people must automatically go to "they must not like the album" at this point. This late into their careers, I doubt they're going to put out something that they don't believe in. If that was the case, why take the extra time with the finale of the trilogy? Why subvert their initial expectations of what the finale should be? You don't put that kind of effort into something that you just want to throw out for the masses to consume.

alfonso99
06-17-2018, 02:06 AM
It’s incredible how a lot of people are complaining about 2 supossed instrumental tracks (yes, you have the right to complain, i know).
Let me tell you a little story: There was a time when NIN didn’t release not even a new red robe pic for almost 4 years, yes 4 years. And now you complain for 2 instrumental tracks? In the third release in year and a half?
I predict a lot of “suck my entire cock” coming soon (the real soon).

Volband
06-17-2018, 02:21 AM
because Trent doesn't consider them part of the album. That's why he wanted them on a separate disc. They're both cover songs
Yet they are there. It's not like Dead Souls being put onto TDS much later. Suck and Physical are on Broken and you get them for your money. It doesn't matter what Trent thinks about them, because we are talking about your money's worth.

The same thing is true for BW of course, so if it will have at least 1 killer bonus track, I won't pretend it's not there.

It’s incredible how a lot of people are complaining about 2 supossed instrumental tracks (yes, you have the right to complain, i know).
Let me tell you a little story: There was a time when NIN didn’t release not even a new red robe pic for almost 4 years, yes 4 years. And now you complain for 2 instrumental tracks? In the third release in year and a half?
I predict a lot of “suck my entire cock” coming soon (the real soon).
Are we really going to go to the people starve in Africa route? Our great grandparents probably fought in the/a war, yet we complain about instrumental tracks!!!!!!!

I don't get why trying to guilt trip people is a legit basis for an argument. If Bad Witch was 1 hour of static noise and nothing more, are we supposed to keep it shut because at least we got NTAE and AV?

AlanMorlock
06-17-2018, 02:29 AM
Anyone complaining about the instrumentals clearly didn't get the chance to hear Play the Goddamn Part at the pre-sale or otherwise. It isn't any kind of ambient soundtrack or short pinion style track. It's like goth-jazz freak out. It's really something new and among the most vital NIN has sounded in a while. It's a face melter.

BRoswell
06-17-2018, 02:32 AM
I don't get why trying to guilt trip people is a legit basis for an argument.

Complaining about something you haven't even heard yet, and have no idea how it will work in the context of the album, isn't a legitimate basis for an argument either.

AlanMorlock
06-17-2018, 02:36 AM
Yet they are there. It's not like Dead Souls being put onto TDS much later. Suck and Physical are on Broken and you get them for your money. It doesn't matter what Trent thinks about them, because we are talking about your money's worth.

The same thing is true for BW of course, so if it will have at least 1 killer bonus track, I won't pretend it's not there.

Are we really going to go to the people starve in Africa route? Our great grandparents probably fought in the/a war, yet we complain about instrumental tracks!!!!!!!

I don't get why trying to guilt trip people is a legit basis for an argument. If Bad Witch was 1 hour of static noise and nothing more, are we supposed to keep it shut because at least we got NTAE and AV?

Because the complaints actually are indeed straight up silly given how little you know about the tracks you're complaining about.

Also it's not just about a "children starving in africa" situation. It's more about taking into consideration the context of these releases. People are complaining about 2 instrumentals on a 6 track release but really these Eps, spread out over a burst of 18 months just as easily could have been an 18 tack album and you very shortly will be able to organize and listen to them as such. In the context of this trilogy release complaining about 2 instrumental tracks, particularly when at least one of them is a substantial piece of work (I can't speak for the other), it does come off as a little ridiculous.

Volband
06-17-2018, 02:37 AM
You can express disappointment over the fact that 2 songs out of the 6 will be instrumental. Let us decide whether we prefer vocal tracks over instrumental ones or not.

It's like someone drags me to the cinema, I ask them what are we going to watch and they say it's a romantic comedy. I won't be happy, and I'll have every reason not to be. Sure, after the movie I may be very much satisfied to my surprise, but given how most of us have not heard anything else aside from GBDTD, it's all we can work with.

Also it's not just about a "children starving in africa" situation. It's more about taking into consideration the context of these releases. People are complaining about 2 instrumentals on a 6 track release but really these Eps, spread out over a burst of 18 months just as easily could have been an 18 tack album and you very shortly will be able to organize and listen to them as such. In the context of this trilogy release complaining about 2 instrumental tracks, particularly when at least one of them is a substantial piece of work (I can't speak for the other), it does come off as a little ridiculous.
So I can criticize Bad Witch for songs I did not like on NTAE and AV then?

AlanMorlock
06-17-2018, 02:39 AM
You can express disappointment over the fact that 2 songs out of the 6 will be instrumental. Let us decide whether we prefer vocal tracks over instrumental ones or not.

It's like someone drags me to the cinema, I ask them what are we going to watch and they say it's a romantic comedy. I won't be happy, and I'll have every reason not to be. Sure, after the movie I may be very much satisfied to my surprise, but given how most of us have not heard anything else aside from GBDTD, it's all we can work with.

And for those that have heard more, the complaints are tireseome, literally uninformed and will more or less leave those that make them with egg on their face in 5 days.

iamclassic
06-17-2018, 02:46 AM
How much of Add Violence is The Background World outro?

HWB
06-17-2018, 02:47 AM
I was waiting for a proper instrumental track since Hesitation Marks.

Instrumentals on The Fragile are some of the best parts, come on guys.

AlanMorlock
06-17-2018, 02:47 AM

So I can criticize Bad Witch for songs I did not like on NTAE and AV then?

There will indeed be a conversation to be had about the three of them as whole.

And again, right now you're complaining about Bad Witch individually when you have no context for the tracks you're complaining about. You may just have a distaste for instrumental tracks in general but you have nothing to go off of for what those tracks are or how fit into the release.

You may end up hating it but I am not exaggerating when I say that Play the Goddamn Part is somewhat unprecedented as a NIN track. There's not much else I'd compare it to and certainly not the other instrumentals from other albums. Many of the times those have functioned as intros or as pallet cleansers between "actual" tracks. That's not what is going on with this one at all

afors
06-17-2018, 02:49 AM
Ahead of Ourselves debut in Vegas last night. If you care to search for it.

Wretchedest
06-17-2018, 02:55 AM
This "instrumentals aren't worth it" thing might be a new bottom forr these discussions.

At least the "what is an EP" thing was abstract and practical and kinda weird.

ltrandazzo
06-17-2018, 03:01 AM
I'm seriously going to lock this fucking thread until Friday if this shit continues. Jesus.

Volband
06-17-2018, 03:04 AM
And for those that have heard more, the complaints are tireseome, literally uninformed and will more or less leave those that make them with egg on their face in 5 days.
How is it literally uninformed, when we literally don't have access to the record? I'm happy for you, that you had the chance to sit in a quasi time-machine, but 99.9% of the people who are interested in the record are still in the dark.

How much of Add Violence is The Background World outro?
Does it matter? Every song right until that point holds its own and at least 3 minutes long.

There will indeed be a conversation to be had about the three of them as whole.

And again, right now you're complaining about Bad Witch individually when you have no context for the tracks you're complaining about. You may just have a distaste for instrumental tracks in general but you have nothing to go off of for what those tracks are or how fit into the release.

You may end up hating it but I am not exaggerating when I say that Play the Goddamn Part is somewhat unprecedented as a NIN track. There's not much else I'd compare it to and certainly not the other instrumentals from other albums. Many of the times those have functioned as intros or as pallet cleansers between "actual" tracks. That's not what is going on with this one at all
I agree, a discussion will be had about the trilogy, but there is no harm in discussing them individually as well.

And I have no trouble believing you about Play the Goddamn Part, because God Break Down the Door was already signaling that we are in for a wide ride.

This "instrumentals aren't worth it" thing might be a new bottom forr these discussions.

At least the "what is an EP" thing was abstract and practical and kinda weird.
Yes, you love instrumentals, others not so much, so it's a new bottom for the discussion. Jesus Christ...

Volband
06-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Ahead of Ourselves debut in Vegas last night. If you care to search for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjBvOGgRVi8

Hooooly shit.... wow.

AlanMorlock
06-17-2018, 03:07 AM
How is it literally uninformed, when we literally don't have access to the record? I'm happy for you, that you had the chance to sit in a quasi time-machine, but 99.9% of the people who are interested in the record are still in the dark.

Does it matter? Every song right until that point holds its own and at least 3 minutes long.

I agree, a discussion will be had about the trilogy, but there is no harm in discussing them individually as well.

And I have no trouble believing you about Play the Goddamn Part, because God Break Down the Door was already signaling that we are in for a wide ride.

Yes, you love instrumentals, others not so much, so it's a new bottom for the discussion. Jesus Christ...

It is literally uninformed because, yeah you have nothing to go of.

As for the discussion of the release individually, complaining about the two instrumental tracks on that individual release is goddamn moot given you haven't heard them.

This has become circular. Basically until you hear more, you're just kind bitching in the dark.

ltrandazzo
06-17-2018, 03:08 AM
It is literally uninformed because, yeah you have nothing to go of.

As for the discussion of the release individually, complaining about the two instrumental tracks on that individual release is goddamn moot given you haven't heard them.

This has become circular. Basically until you hear more, you're just kind bitching in the dark.

Correct. This thread is closed until I get my email with the downloads for the LP.