PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

Pages : [1] 2 3

JessicaSarahS
11-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Only four episodes left in Season 6! This season is much better than last season.

NIN64
11-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Funny. Liking this season so far but my wife and I feel it isn't as good as last season.

konstantin
11-24-2011, 10:36 AM
this is probably the only show i've actually followed from the very start, and six seasons in i think it's safe to say that the show has not evolved one bit! bringing back Dex's brother from season 1 just reminded me of this. and, in this season the plot lines are sort of pulled out the writers's asses. i mean come on, DDK and his mega lousy Robin?! it's so weak they had to throw in Mos Def and the Trinity Killer... and Quinn has overstayed his welcome for about 4 seasons. he may be well cast, but his type of character can hardly sell a line.

JessicaSarahS
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Quinn is the worst!! I don't care for them bringing back Dexter's brother. But I am looking forward to seeing how they resolve this season, while last year I just wanted to know when the new season would start already.

Goldfoot
11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Last night's episode was mind blowing. Though the plot device they threw in is in no way new, and actually could be considered overused in film, it works in a way that I wasn't expecting AT ALL. I'm not discouraged that they had it play out this way, and I'm really excited to see what happens now. I thought back to everything that happened and how it all makes sense. It doesn't seem like there was all that much foreshadowing, but from what I can tell everything was done consistently.

lady weetly
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
One of my best friends had a theory about Gellar and she was actually right. Woah, I can not wait till next Sunday. Also personally I've loved this season, but it's not one of my top favorites. Lewis is such a creeper!

JessicaSarahS
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I knew that was going to happen. They threw in little hints here and there from the beginning. I'm just glad they showed it this early and it was not THE BIG REVEAL at the end of the series or I would have been suuuper disappointed. I am very intrigued about the intern's motives. My guess is he has his suspicions about Dexter and he might be onto him, trying to learn from him, like the Dexter/Trinity coupling. We'll see!

konstantin
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
glad you guys are enjoying it.

here's a thought though: according to Dexter's code he's killing the bad guys because they've been bad and he must kill, right? and Dexter doesn't kill innocent people. so how does this withholding information from the police so that he gets to kill the bad guys work, if in the meantime the bad guys keep killing innocent people? isn't then Dexter breaking his code by proxy for no good reason other than selfishness?

Jadezuki
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I was so, so excited for this season, because a)I loved the last two seasons and b)I have a soft spot for Colin Hanks ever since I was a teen and he was in Roswell. I've been so disappointed with this season, though. Everything has been so obvious. And my poor Colin has been sub-optimal.

Goldfoot
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
glad you guys are enjoying it.

here's a thought though: according to Dexter's code he's killing the bad guys because they've been bad and he must kill, right? and Dexter doesn't kill innocent people. so how does this withholding information from the police so that he gets to kill the bad guys work, if in the meantime the bad guys keep killing innocent people? isn't then Dexter breaking his code by proxy for no good reason other than selfishness?

Dexter is obtaining information illegally. He breaks into peoples' houses all the time. Even if he shared his suspicions with the police, they would need probable cause to get a warrant. Meanwhile, if they cannot get said warrant and then the person goes missing, suspicion could be pointed toward Dexter. He's already had people suspicious of him and if he seems to have inside information about these killers, that could be worse for him. You are correct, though, more innocent people die because neither he nor the police are stopping these killers as quickly as they maybe could. Dexter does usually work faster than the police, though.

Jadezuki
11-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Plus, the justice system might not always find these people guilty, while Dexter KNOWS they are. But most importantly - Dexter is a serial killer. He doesn't want these people to get caught because he wants to kill them. It IS selfish.

con4cyn
11-30-2011, 08:12 AM
I've been watching from the beginning, as well. I actually find this season way more entertaining than last season's "Mary Sue" Lumen. I think the episode with Dexter's brother was a genius idea only because they basically combined the two most popular seasons (the first and fourth) into one. I've been reading the official forums, and they had figured out the recent plot twist a month ago. Though, that kind spoiled it for me, but it's been fun nonetheless. I'm at least interested to see how it plays out. Last season was so predictable.

Goldfoot
11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I've been reading the official forums, and they had figured out the recent plot twist a month ago. Though, that kind spoiled it for me, but it's been fun nonetheless. I'm at least interested to see how it plays out. Last season was so predictable.

See, this is one of the shows that I don't actively try and figure out what's going to happen way down the line in the season. I enjoy predicting what might happen in the next episode, but I don't get caught up in predicting the overall outcome. I do enjoy doing that, but with this show I'm pretty much along for the ride.

ihatecrayons
11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I just really need to say that LaGuerta needs to go away, hopefully at the hand of Dexter somehow. Because she has just gotten worse and worse every season. I really cannot stand her, oh man she just makes me rage lol.

con4cyn
11-30-2011, 08:16 PM
See, this is one of the shows that I don't actively try and figure out what's going to happen way down the line in the season. I enjoy predicting what might happen in the next episode, but I don't get caught up in predicting the overall outcome. I do enjoy doing that, but with this show I'm pretty much along for the ride.

Same. I just want to sit back, and just enjoy a show like this.

con4cyn
11-30-2011, 08:23 PM
I just really need to say that LaGuerta needs to go away, hopefully at the hand of Dexter somehow. Because she has just gotten worse and worse every season. I really cannot stand her, oh man she just makes me rage lol.

She's despicable. In the books, she was killed off by Brian. I guess the character was too sensational for the writers to get rid of in the first season.

zombielynx21
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Quinn, I think, has finally overstayed his welcome and will ideally be gone by the end of the season. It would have been interesting to have Brian's return as the beginning of a downward spiral instead of a slight detour, but I can't see an arc like that being anything except the end of the show and they just got renewed for two more seasons. I wonder if LaGuerta is going to ascend the ladder in the police department, which would be a way to get her off-screen for most of the time.

Definitely interested in seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

M1ke
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I've found this season pretty terrible.

It could have been good, but instead it's been lacking any real emotional impact. Last season they had Johnny Lee Miller pretending to be Brad Pitt, this season they have Colin Hanks pretending to be Edward Norton.

It's not working for me. I really wish they had kept Brother Sam alive. It would have been interesting to see Dexter killing people and embracing his dark side while Brother Sam tried to convince him he had good inside him.

I feel like they've wasted what could have been a fantastic topic (religion).

onthewall2983
12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
The last part of the PBS America In Primetime that dealt with modern TV crusaders had some interesting insights on the show from other TV writers and producers (including Michael's old boss, Alan Ball), in particular David Simon. Was wondering if anyone else caught this.

As for the show itself, I hope now that it's been renewed for two more seasons that in the next go they make the villain someone else other than a serial killer, a mob hitman or an ex-IRA bomber or something. That (and other parts) of the show are getting a bit tiresome, although the character itself is still very much the draw.

Roth
12-02-2011, 04:03 AM
and Quinn has overstayed his welcome for about 4 seasons. he may be well cast, but his type of character can hardly sell a line.

I have never been able to figure out where they plan to go with his character..

Jadezuki
12-02-2011, 07:16 AM
So in the first few seasons of Dexter, it amused me to see how many actors they brought from Taken (not the Liam Neeson movie, the Sci-Fi aliens miniseries from 2002). Rita, Quinn... and I know there were more, though I can't think off the top of my head. So, since the show is wrapping up in the next few years, clearly they'll have to get on the ball and bring squeeze in more main characters from the old miniseries. Thus, I think next season's main foe should be... Dakota Fanning. As a Bad Seed.

Deepvoid
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I think this season is so disappointing so far. No one is shinning this year. It lacks punches and suspense.

redshoewearer
12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
It will be interesting to see where they might go with Louis (I think that's his name), Masuka's intern even though it is a sub plot, if anyone else noticed the little twist there.

Tea
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
It will be interesting to see where they might go with Louis (I think that's his name), Masuka's intern even though it is a sub plot, if anyone else noticed the little twist there.

He was too much of a good guy to not have something weird going on in the dark, which makes me feel silly not realizing before last episode's last second.

I'm definitely enjoying this season, but a lot of that is due to the anti-religious tone.

Jadezuki
12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
As for the intern, I thought they were going with a Dexter parallel, with the zealous student looking at the mentor who barely realizes he exists. I'm willing to bet the most recent ep reveal is because Dexter was involved in the case.

konstantin
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
what's the twist exactly? the guy likes to shop on eBay and isn't very honest. that's about it.

redshoewearer
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
what's the twist exactly? the guy likes to shop on eBay and isn't very honest. that's about it.

I think there may be a little more to it than that. There was a very pointed focus on that particular item.

adrenalinejunkie
12-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I still like the show, but I couldn't give a flying fuck about the melodrama between other characters that aren't Dexter. MY biggest complaint with the show is that these characters (Quinn, LaGuerta, and others to an extent) are so underdeveloped and unlikable, it dramatically brings down an otherwise great series. I really liked what they did with Brother Sam's character though.

burn.
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Not the best season so far, but WAY better than last one.

I'm thrilled about next week's episode. I'm guessing the "Guellar" twist isn't exactly the biggest twist this season.

Seriously, look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAA1eMuBEs

con4cyn
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Not the best season so far, but WAY better than last one.

I'm thrilled about next week's episode. I'm guessing the "Guellar" twist isn't exactly the biggest twist this season.

Seriously, look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAA1eMuBEs

I'm wondering whose bloody hand that was in the door. I'm afraid for Deb, and I think Quinn is the one who is going to be shot. I'm freaking out. I can't wait until the next episode.

decadent
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I think there may be a little more to it than that. There was a very pointed focus on that particular item.

Exactly. I also think the guy is spying on Dexter through this Eliot-search-engine he installed on his work laptop. IN the last episode there were a couple of shots, where you could see that Dexter was using it for the search of Holly.

thelastdisciple
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm only finding this season a step above one of the worst seasons of Dexter yet (3), i found last season to be leaps and bounds better than this one.... I'm not really sure what it is that's turning me off this time around...... i honestly couldn't explain why guess it's the writing and generally getting more annoyed with some of the characters than i ever have before.

october_midnight
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Exactly. I also think the guy is spying on Dexter through this Eliot-search-engine he installed on his work laptop. IN the last episode there were a couple of shots, where you could see that Dexter was using it for the search of Holly.

I picked this up too last night while finally watching the episode. They kept showing that Eliot page for like 2 full seconds after Dexter used it. I told my fiancee that he's probably using it to spy on Dexter...he is the one after all that has the ice truck killer crime scene hand...something's fishy.

burn.
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm only finding this season a step above one of the worst seasons of Dexter yet (3), i found last season to be leaps and bounds better than this one.... I'm not really sure what it is that's turning me off this time around...... i honestly couldn't explain why guess it's the writing and generally getting more annoyed with some of the characters than i ever have before.

Really?
There's a lot of sloppy writing, I won't deny that, but not as much as in Season 5.

The problem with Dexter is that it's almost impossible to top the events on Season 2 and 4, people is always expecting something BIG to happen thanks to Trinity and Bay Harbour Butcher.

In my opinion...
2 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 3 > 5

con4cyn
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Okay, first I want to discuss how upset Dexter was by that video game. I guess he felt like he was being mocked by it since he IS the Bay Harbor Butcher. Serial killing is like an affliction he struggles with.

Also, I'm just going to be like everyone else who watches the show. I honestly, can't even remember the events of seasons 2 and 3 that well. I hated Lila. They were very entertaining to watch, though. I want to just forget that season 5 ever happened. It felt like some lonely Mary Sue fanfic. Seasons 1, 4, and maybe this one are going to be my faves, so far. We'll see how this Season ends. I have a feeling something REALLY REALLY bad is going to happen. What's with all the therapy sessions with Deb? Why so much emphasis on them? There has to be a reason? Maybe closure for the character?

thelastdisciple
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Different strokes.

Regardless, lackluster Dex is better than no Dex but that said it will be great to see the series wrap up at Season 8...... i definitely want to see how everything starts to unfold and goes to shit.

The pivotal scene in Season 5 was where Deb was only a plastic curtain sheet away from seeing who Dexter really is.

Dissonance
12-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay, first I want to discuss how upset Dexter was by that video game. I guess he felt like he was being mocked by it since he IS the Bay Harbor Butcher. Serial killing is like an affliction he struggles with.

Also, I'm just going to be like everyone else who watches the show. I honestly, can't even remember the events of seasons 2 and 3 that well. I hated Lila. They were very entertaining to watch, though. I want to just forget that season 5 ever happened. It felt like some lonely Mary Sue fanfic. Seasons 1, 4, and maybe this one are going to be my faves, so far. We'll see how this Season ends. I have a feeling something REALLY REALLY bad is going to happen. What's with all the therapy sessions with Deb? Why so much emphasis on them? There has to be a reason? Maybe closure for the character?

Have you been paying attention to what they're talking about last couple of episodes? It's been putting a microscope on her relationship with Dexter. Therapist is helping her realize things about him, how off, distant he is, and lately her relationship with him. She's been less bitchy and more understanding, too. Seems like based on preview next week that the therapist may bring up a disturbing thought about Deb's feelings for him. Though I'm sure that one part for next week is misleading. It's more and more preparation for her character for the inevitable finding out. Something important also may come up that helps trigger something to that nature.

This season's been good, liked mostly every episode - few standouts but yet still little underwhelming if that makes any sense. Makes it seem like something major is planned for last 2 episodes.

I thought Season 2 was awesome. 2nd best season to me, with 4 being the best. You should go back and watch from start, I found that seasons have gotten better and better with multiple viewings. Even 3. Except 5 got worse.

Mech
12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
The intern definitely wants to be a serial killer. While I've enjoyed the characters this season, I just haven't really felt any sort of suspense that I usually feel in the great seasons. Yes, there was an interesting twist, and I do enjoy the whole religious plot, but nothing spectacular has really happened.

con4cyn
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Have you been paying attention to what they're talking about last couple of episodes? It's been putting a microscope on her relationship with Dexter. Therapist is helping her realize things about him, how off, distant he is, and lately her relationship with him. She's been less bitchy and more understanding, too. Seems like based on preview next week that the therapist may bring up a disturbing thought about Deb's feelings for him. Though I'm sure that one part for next week is misleading. It's more and more preparation for her character for the inevitable finding out. Something important also may come up that helps trigger something to that nature.

This season's been good, liked mostly every episode - few standouts but yet still little underwhelming if that makes any sense. Makes it seem like something major is planned for last 2 episodes.

I thought Season 2 was awesome. 2nd best season to me, with 4 being the best. You should go back and watch from start, I found that seasons have gotten better and better with multiple viewings. Even 3. Except 5 got worse.

Maybe if I did they'd look better from a rewatching of all the seasons. Nothing could save the fifth.

Also, Deb discovering "feelings" for Dexter would sound incestuous at this point. She very well could finally figure out what he really is. She could also be a victim of DDK.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
This season has been pretty good here and there. Some parts I find to draggg on a little longer and I find myself a bit disinterested. Seasons 1 and 2 are just so fresh when it comes to Dexter killing everyone and just doing that. Not getting into all this crap in between and making some very very sharp turns throughout the seasons. I am very curious how they will end this season and god I just want to see Colin Hanks in a kill room already. His acting is pretty horrible. Should have kept MOS!!!!

My seasons..

2 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 3

con4cyn
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Currently watching the first episode since it aired. So well done.

lady weetly
12-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Tonight's episode was seriously epic. Wow. That just makes me want LaGuerta dead even more than before. And creepy Louis! I can't wait till next week, oh my god.
I'm not a Dex/Deb shipper, so the freak out scene nearly gave me a heart attack. D:

M1ke
12-12-2011, 02:31 AM
It looks like this season is about to get good, right at the finale.

Did you see the preview for next week?
Travis takes Harrison

ihatecrayons
12-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Oh my fucking god I nearly had a heart attack. I'm still freaking out over everything in this episode. I can't handle waiting until next Sunday hifjhghhvhgkjkhdfbj

con4cyn
12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I just watched it. I was like, "Really? They're going to go there with Dexter and Debra?" They've been so brother and sisterly all this time.

I know Dexter won't let anything happen to Harrison. Not after Rita.

I'm just curious as to what "Intern Puppy Dog" is trying to do.

october_midnight
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Michael C. Hall discusses the next (and final) two seasons. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/dexter-michael-c-hall-on-_n_1141920.html?ref=entertainment)

theimage13
12-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Heh...I think my girlfriend had two heart attacks during Sunday's episode. The first during the scene with...er...a lot of strange closeups. The second during the preview for the finale, and the revelation of a new target. She was really, really wound up by the end of that episode...I'm afraid she's going to rip my arm off or something during the finale.

profane
12-13-2011, 06:04 AM
They had a great set of elements this season that could have turned out very good. But they don't... not even close. Especially the whole Deb has feelings for Dexter more than brother-sister love is really off putting to the extend to almost vomit crap out of my mouth, even if they aren't blood related.

Vertigo
12-13-2011, 07:31 AM
They had a great set of elements this season that could have turned out very good. But they don't... not even close.

I found it very revealing that in the interview October Midnight linked to, Hall brought up that most of the writing is done on the spur of the moment, apparently they don't plan much in advance. That explains so much about the narrative of this season (and a few previous ones, which meander around aimlessly throughout most of the season then suddenly explode in the last few episodes). I also thought at the time that when they killed off Rita, they didn't really know where to go from there. It's a bad way to write TV, in my opinion. Hopefully, with an end date in sight, they can do some proper planning this time.

Michalrose
12-14-2011, 06:48 PM
This has been my least favorite season so far. I think it would have much more interesting to carry on the relationship with Dexter and Brother Sam instead of killing him off. Brother Sam recognized Dexter's dark passenger and didn't pass judgement on him.
I'm one of the few who liked season three. I liked Jimmy Smits in the role he played . I also liked season five. I don't look as forward to Sunday night this year with Dexter. Still a great show tho and I would not give up on it.

M1ke
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
This has been my least favorite season so far. I think it would have much more interesting to carry on the relationship with Dexter and Brother Sam instead of killing him off. Brother Sam recognized Dexter's dark passenger and didn't pass judgement on him.
I'm one of the few who liked season three. I liked Jimmy Smits in the role he played . I also liked season five. I don't look as forward to Sunday night this year with Dexter. Still a great show tho and I would not give up on it.

I completely agree with you. I'm used to seeing Dexter being the relatively good guy, having him doing his killings with Brother Sam trying to make him "good" could have made for some great TV.

Dissonance
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
"If I could ever have feelings for anyone, I'd have them for Deb." I think those two characters have been on some kind of collision course from the get-go." (http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/11/dexter-recap-talk-to-the-hand-michael-c-hall-interview/)

Another MCH interview from aoltv

I actually think this storyline makes perfect sense after all these seasons. She always looked at him differently and had an emotional dependency on him seemingly more than a "brother."

con4cyn
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
But romantic feelings? Ehhh... I guess we'll see how that goes. It might culminate to Deb knowing the truth about Dexter with those romantic feelings, or not.

con4cyn
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Listening to this currently:

The star of Showtime's bloody crime drama talks about the show's eventual plans for an ending — and also about matters both professional and personal, from how he plays an emotionless killer to how Hall himself, while filming Dexter, has dealt with both cancer and a divorce. - More at http://www.npr.org/2011/12/12/143575667/michael-c-hall-playing-a-killer-role-on-dexter?ft=1&f=13&sc=17

Morad
12-16-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't know. I'm not only disappointed by this season of Dexter; I am embarrassed by it. This was a show so entertaining and so gripping, and now it's an inadvertent comedy with awful dialogue and no character development - as well as a writer's room that wants to shame the fans for ever loving a show so thickheaded and insulting. The first half of this season was so good, but this awful second half will be the death of Dexter (the TV show, not the character). I have never wished this for a show, but I really hope it gets cancelled. I can't handle something that was so good fall into such laughable depths.

It was a television show that always could have been better but was kept solid thanks to Michael C. Hall's acting and very decent dialogue and voice-overs. Now, I can't even imagine how Hall can keep a straight face rehearsing those lines. I used to always complain about how every season could have better "like this" or "like that", but now this isn't just bad, it's damaging.

Dissonance
12-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't care how "bad" a show I like gets (not saying I agree it's bad either cuz it's been solid to me), but I won't wish it to get cancelled.

It won't though. And ratings are at their highest and they were renewed for 2 more seasons and that's it they've said. They're already preparing for the end and will write in advance more now.

Dissonance
12-16-2011, 02:40 PM
But romantic feelings? Ehhh... I guess we'll see how that goes. It might culminate to Deb knowing the truth about Dexter with those romantic feelings, or not.

Yeah, even romantic feelings. Little things that were said in past, etc, and her openess with sexual stuff to him. She just acted, looked for more than what a brother has to offer in a way, or maybe it's just me. But everything seemed to make more sense.

Yep. I'm thinking it might lead to that too. I thought they wouldn't dive into the feelings thing too much but based on MCH's comments, it seems as if they have more in store. As weird as it is, I'm actually interested in seeing where it goes. Maybe it's them not being blood related that makes it different to me.

burn.
12-17-2011, 11:14 PM
If there's something I'm seriously NOT liking about this season is how fucking sloppy Dexter is turning out to be.
Sending travis a video and showing his face? REALLY?

Dissonance
12-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I guess they're trying to show he's not perfect when it comes to that anymore or when he's less focused now, and it also stalls things. He's been sloppy since he got married and started having a family/kid of his own in season 4.

Goldfoot
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
If there's something I'm seriously NOT liking about this season is how fucking sloppy Dexter is turning out to be.
Sending travis a video and showing his face? REALLY?

Yeah, because Travis didn't know who he was before the video.....

burn.
12-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, because Travis didn't know who he was before the video.....

No, it's not that, you're missing the point here.

What if the cops catch Travis before Dexter does? What if Traves decides to upload it to his blog?

It was really lame for him to do that.

perceptionnexus
12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
I got a feeling deb's gonna die.

Broadbent
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
No, it's not that, you're missing the point here.

What if the cops catch Travis before Dexter does? What if Traves decides to upload it to his blog?

It was really lame for him to do that.

Ya Dexter recording video evidence linking him to a serial killer seemed really farfetched and out of character. Is tonight the finale or are there 2 episodes left? Something better shake the foundations of this show because it's been a bit boring ever since brother sam died.

M1ke
12-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Ya Dexter recording video evidence linking him to a serial killer seemed really farfetched and out of character. Is tonight the finale or are there 2 episodes left? Something better shake the foundations of this show because it's been a bit boring ever since brother sam died.

Harrison dies?
Deb figures it out?
Intern figures it out?
Cops figure it out?
Harrison somehow accidentally kills Travis?

con4cyn
12-18-2011, 08:53 AM
I got a feeling deb's gonna die.

That was my feeling before, too. She freaked out in the church, but maybe she won't. In the books, she knows that Dexter is a serial killer. Maybe she finds out, and deals with it in the next two seasons.

con4cyn
12-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Harrison somehow accidentally kills Travis?

That would kind of be awesome. Not for Dexter, though.

I've been noticing some silly Hollywood editing from the show where it almost doesn't seem as realistic as it used to be. Well the whole idea if this show is unrealistic, but at least it's been handled realistically. It just seems like I'm getting distracted by it. For example: Dexter's escape from the exploding boat. I know it was just the editing to keep us at the edge of our seats, but sheesh...

Dissonance
12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
They'll never kill Deb. Never thought it. She's a huge part of him and show. If they were gonna do that, they would've had her die instead of Rita (not to ruin it for any new watchers) when Trinity found her apartment.

I watched Season 6 again this week leading up to the finale and it got even better. I'm excited about tonight.

Dissonance
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Holy fucking shit. I knew it...

Piko
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
How coincidental that it all fell into place like that? Should make the next season very interesting. Kinda cheesy, but it's good enough.

Somewhat Damaged
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
2 seasons left, it had to happen tonight.

Still, I freaked out seeing it happen though.

Piko
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Had to happen eventually. They've only teased it for the last six seasons.

imail724
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
So what the hell happened with the hand? Did Travis take it? What was that all about anyway?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

M1ke
12-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah, why give the intern the hand only to have it ignored? Why did he draw on it? Maybe next season is Deb & Dex team up against the intern?

It took my breathe away to watch, but knowing there are 2 seasons left means that we know there is no way that Deb could possibly turn him in and make him stand trial, or go to jail. To make it stretch over 2 seasons, she's going to have to help him hide.

gorny540
12-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Finale was solid, but this show is getting too predictable. Really really wanted to know what the intern's deal was, sucks that didn't get resolved tonight. If I were to guess, the next season will pick up exactly where this one ends, but damn 10 month wait is ahead of us...

AND

next season, can we cool it on the B/C List Guest Stars? I feel like they're just getting celebrity guest stars just for the sake of getting a celebrity guest star. Especially with the fact that the majority of them are well past their 15 minutes of fame. Thats why someone unknown like the intern was so believable, really not looking forward to see James Vanderbeek as the new detective next season

Dissonance
12-19-2011, 01:49 AM
They did it intentionally with the intern to plant seeds for next season. They've said as much in interviews. They weren't going to resolve that tonight.

Eh guest stars is part of their thing. I guess doing this way breaks their pattern though. Having someone built up. I've seen Josh Cookeon a few shows before though.

BBomkamp
12-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Pretty big coincidence that she falls in love with him three episodes before she finds out. Now that shes in love, shes not gonna care? Maybe the end was a dream? Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?

Dissonance
12-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Pretty big coincidence that she falls in love with him three episodes before she finds out. Now that shes in love, shes not gonna care? Maybe the end was a dream? Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?

They've been building her up slowly to finally knowing last couple of seasons and most likely accepting it when she does with killing someone, not feeling anything, and letting he and Lumen go, etc.

She's gonna care, but not in the way you're thinking to about like arresting him or turning him in. It's gonna stir things up between them. But it's not gonna be just because she realized she's in love with him. And earlier in the episode she asked him to do final forensics sweep so they can clear it. He said he'd do it after Harrison's thing. That's how she knew. She went to go tell him how she felt.

Yeah, the needle was empty. He reached in his pocket for a different one.

oldschool
12-19-2011, 03:06 AM
So what the hell happened with the hand? Did Travis take it? What was that all about anyway?

I was pretty sure after last week that the intern's storyline was not going to get resolved this season. I'm pretty sure that's just going to carry over to next season. I expect an Ice-Truck-Killer-esque chase between the two.

Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?

Deb went back there because she asked Dexter to close the crime scene, and he said he would after Harrison's play. I'm guessing she must have asked Dexter's babysitter, who Dexter told he was going to do finish up work for Deb, where he was and drawn her own conclusions.

I'm guessing the needle Dexter used didn't actually have anything in it. It's strange, but the show has been leaving loose ends about for the last two seasons.

Roth
12-19-2011, 05:28 AM
So, my predictions as to what would happen tonight were pretty far off.

I thought they would explore Travis's mental disorder/fractured personality further culminating in Dexter sparing his life and Deb getting the credit for his arrest thereby raising the depts stats; that Dexter would end up killing the intern for some reason or the other -- and I did not see the Deb in love with Dexter thing coming at all..

Things like Travis's internal conflict, his dialogue with the professor, Brother Sam's speech about forgiveness, and other elements relating to the season's themes didn't pay off quite as I had expected.

NIN64
12-19-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm guessing the needle Dexter used didn't actually have anything in it. It's strange, but the show has been leaving loose ends about for the last two seasons.
I agree about this season having lose ends, but watch that scene again. The plunger is already depressed when he puts that needle in his neck.

Piko
12-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Be funny if he took the hand, but who knows? Next season will answer it all probably. In a year...

con4cyn
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I just caught it, and I guess now that Deb's in love with Dexter she's going to struggle in the next two seasons about it. The whole Mathews case was a test for her. I think she understands there are some things she has to let go of. I dunno. I'm kind of happy she knows now.

RJK
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I literally squealed and hopped out of bed and started walking around the room when the big reveal happened. Not a huge surprise but yet it still was. I thought Colin Hanks was fantastic during this entire season.

onthewall2983
12-19-2011, 02:01 PM
It's a good note to end on, during an otherwise muddled season. I really hope they choose to end the show sensibly.

Jadezuki
12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
AND

next season, can we cool it on the B/C List Guest Stars? I feel like they're just getting celebrity guest stars just for the sake of getting a celebrity guest star. Especially with the fact that the majority of them are well past their 15 minutes of fame. Thats why someone unknown like the intern was so believable, really not looking forward to see James Vanderbeek as the new detective next season

The show has been comprised of B/C list people. That's why I used to laugh at how many actors from Taken wound up on it. Rita? Quinn? Lumen? Vanderbeek may have been famous ten, fifteen years ago, but not so much anymore... which makes him just as valid as anyone else on this show.

I was fairly disappointed with what they did with Colin Hanks. He was completely uninteresting as the "good guy" and no one was fooled about that anyway; he was far more interesting when he was actually cognizant that he was evil. I hope to see cold, spooky Colin Hanks elsewhere in the future.

burn.
12-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm not digging Deb falling in love for Dexter, but I really liked that ending,

redshoewearer
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't care about the Deb/Dexter thing that much - (maybe because I'm adopted?). My main question will be to see how Deb reconciles her very non-corruptible police-officer character, with what she sees at the end. How is she going to come to terms with that?

burn.
12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Just my two cents:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7893/dexteru.jpg

Alexandros
12-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Just my two cents:

Oooh! Shiny graphs! I pretty much agree, except for season 5, I didn't find it that bad.

JessicaSarahS
12-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Just my two cents:

Swap 2 with 4 and it'll be perfect.

Piko
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I thought season 5 was great. Season 3's my least favorite of the six. Not a single bad season though.

profane
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Seasons 5 and 6 are the worst imo. This season they had a lot going for them as I previously stated, but ending with something that was long overdue doesn't redeem it for me. The acting was mostly good over the course of the season, but the writing was shit. I really hope they end the series on a high note, it still deserves that. We deserve that.

burn.
12-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I decided to forget Season 5 ever happened, my girlfriend didn't watch it and after watching this season she admits she doesn't need to watch Season 5.

Also, Colin Hanks was emotionless and had just one face for the entire Season 6.

Primitive
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
This season was worst than last season, last season actually had moments of great suspense, but ended so terribly badly. You had Quinn and Dexter colliding, Peter Weller snooping on Dexter, Lumen actually seeing the real Dexter: and the main bad was much more interesting than Colin Hanks. This season aside from Mos Def was terribly boring, the supposed shocking reveal that Olmos had been dead all along was irrelevant and basically fell flat. Tackling on incest seems desperate and unnecessary, and really undermined the emotional impact of the closing scene of season 6, a way overdue moment between Dexter and Deb. But I'm looking forward to Season 7, but I fear that it will be botched up badly.

Season 2 is #1.

Delusional
12-20-2011, 07:27 PM
So Deb thinks Dexter isn't her biological brother but he actually is, correct?

This show is a guilty pleasure for sure, the plots are ridiculous and the acting is overdone, but it's entertaining. I'm just glad they are wrapping it up soon I don't think it it could sustain itself for much longer.

Mech
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
So Deb thinks Dexter isn't her biological brother but he actually is, correct?

Where do you get that from? Pretty sure, no, you are wrong.

gorny540
12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe the most annoying thing about season 6 was Dexter's sloppiness. Sending a video message to Travis, wouldn't be hard for the police to look up phone records, just going to Nebraska kind of irritated me as it all felt unnecessary, and just things like killing Brother Sam's murderer in the public view made it show that Dexter's scenarios were becoming more and more impossible. Season 4 was so good that the last 2 look poor in comparison, but like the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season were really really good, it just tailed off at the end.

Delusional
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Where do you get that from? Pretty sure, no, you are wrong.

I thought during the time Dexter was finding out about his past and his mother it was hinted at that Dexter's father actually had a relationship with his mother and that was behind him taking him in. I don't have the earlier seasons on my computer anymore to go back and check.

Jadezuki
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
That was why he felt obligated to take Dexter in, sure, but I thought it was a brief thing, not something that would have spanned more than three years.

oldschool
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe the most annoying thing about season 6 was Dexter's sloppiness. Sending a video message to Travis, wouldn't be hard for the police to look up phone records, just going to Nebraska kind of irritated me as it all felt unnecessary, and just things like killing Brother Sam's murderer in the public view made it show that Dexter's scenarios were becoming more and more impossible. Season 4 was so good that the last 2 look poor in comparison, but like the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season were really really good, it just tailed off at the end.

I agree. Dexter used to be so careful. Now he just throws caution to the wind and yet there are no repercussions. Maybe it's something the writers are building up to, but so far it's a trend that doesn't fit with Dexter's character prior to the last two seasons.

Anyone else noticing the cops also getting really sloppy? Why would no one go in the house Travis was hiding out in before Dexter got there? Why did it take the intern to suggest tracking DDK through an IP address? Plenty of other examples I can't think of right now.

Primitive
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
You find in this episode that Dexter had a biological father that's not Harry:
http://www.tv.com/shows/dexter/father-knows-best-858818 (http://www.tv.com/shows/dexter/father-knows-best-858818/)

All the sloppy kills were expedient for the writers, they phoned in this season.

Jadezuki
12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Let's not forget what made me yell at the screen: the fact that Dexter, without disguising his voice, called in to 911 for his anonymous tip. No, no one will ever listen to that, like your sister, Dexter!

Even more annoying: no one ever did.

con4cyn
12-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah. To me it just seems the writers and the editing is getting sloppy. It's starting to distract me from sustaining my disbelief. They've started writing the plot for convenience, and not if it makes any sense.

gorny540
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Let's not forget what made me yell at the screen: the fact that Dexter, without disguising his voice, called in to 911 for his anonymous tip. No, no one will ever listen to that, like your sister, Dexter!

Even more annoying: no one ever did.

but more so on that point, Dexter became more lucky than good. Standing on a yacht in broad daylight with a dead body hanging off the front, and not one witness, c'mon thats no how it works in real life, yes yes yes the show is fiction, but in the first couple seasons you always believed that what Dexter was doing could be real with complete caution and precision

JessicaSarahS
12-22-2011, 02:09 AM
I had assumed his sloppiness this season was because of his son? How his life is no longer revolving just around the kills, but there is another pinpoint for his attention in Harrison. But I can see how this would just make it easier for the writers to write off loopholes and loose ends.

Jadezuki
12-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I had assumed his sloppiness this season was because of his son? How his life is no longer revolving just around the kills, but there is another pinpoint for his attention in Harrison. But I can see how this would just make it easier for the writers to write off loopholes and loose ends.

I could see them going in that direction if there had been ANY consequences to his sloppiness, or even hints that there were, but not so far. Plus you could say they've gone over the whole "family man or killer?" question pretty constantly since the second or third season. And the issue of sloppiness is already sort of addressed when they did the Bay Harbor Butcher, so I don't really think it's leading anywhere... just bad writing.

It's POSSIBLE that the whole thing is really building up to explode... for example, they never did address the blood on Quinn's shoe from season 5, because Quinn's pretty much been in a fog all this season. But then the events of this recent season finale pretty much render all that other stuff moot, too.

october_midnight
03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Official start date for the new season is September 30th.

october_midnight
06-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Getting closer....

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/120611/News/1_mon/120611mag-DexterFirstLook1.jpg

onthewall2983
06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Next season will be the last (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/dexter-ending-after-seaso_n_1627917.html)

october_midnight
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I was under the impression that was known for some time now.

Bluegirl
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Next season will be the last (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/dexter-ending-after-seaso_n_1627917.html)
Is it sad that my first thought was "good"? Hopefully this season will be great (or better then the last two) and that would be five great seasons of the show. I think that is a pretty good run.

onthewall2983
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
For me, Michael has been the consistent element that has kept the show at least partly entertaining. All the sub-par B-stories couldn't keep me away from what that character was doing next week. That's the real legacy of the show, in my opinion.

october_midnight
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM

october_midnight
07-12-2012, 08:36 PM
If you YouTube search '2 Minute Sneak Peek: Dexter Season 7' you can see the first scene from the new season. Got rid of the embedded video because even the frozen screen grab could be considered a spoiler of sorts I guess.

Piko
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Holy shit! Nice find!

october_midnight
08-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Holy. Mother. Of Fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzpnjVmuCA&feature=youtu.be

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice touch with Change. Wow, this is going to be one hell of a season!

Michalrose
08-17-2012, 05:30 AM
It looks good. Sure hope it's better than last season- worse one yet.

dlb
08-18-2012, 07:05 AM
oh c'mon. right when I was about to call it quits with this show they show up with a trailer like this. Looks like I'll have to stay around for this one...

is that Vince's throat he's cutting open? good lord, guess that's a dream sequence though.

Alexandros
08-18-2012, 07:53 AM
oh c'mon. right when I was about to call it quits with this show they show up with a trailer like this. Looks like I'll have to stay around for this one...

is that Vince's throat he's cutting open? good lord, guess that's a dream sequence though.

Trailers be trailers aaargh...remember last season's trailer? It was awesome! The season not so much. But anyway, since finally Deb finds out (to what extent remains to be seen), it should be pretty dark and interesting.

dlb
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah I know, but I was so pissed after the last two seasons that I could barely look at the characters so I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked that trailer.

I really hope this season does not shape up to be a huge Deb pottymouth fest. I really despise her and I'm kinda afraid that this is exactly what we will get. But let's see... I don't have anything to watch besides Boardwalk Empire so a little bit of Dexter is nice to have.

hellospaceboy
08-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Just finished season 6. I HATE the crappy storyline about Deb's feeling for Dexter. Don't buy it for a second. Otherwise I really enjoyed it, the DDK was cool.

Another thing. I like watching Dexter on DVD as it comes out. So, I buy it, put in Disc 1, and it starts auto-playing a Showtime commercial. It's fine, right? You can't skip it or fast forward it. No big deal, only takes up a few minutes. Too bad it has a FUCKING SPOILER from the very last scene of the season finale!!!! Actually, it's the very last moment of the season finale. Are you kidding me?! Assholes.

Piko
08-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Wow, that sucks. Just picked up season six. Good thing I saw the ending already...

Mech
10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Thought for sure I would come here with some chat on this so far, but I was wrong! Anyway, pretty excellent opening episode and I am really looking forward to seeing where they go about this and how Deb's character either comes to terms with who Dexter really is or if she just can't get over it. Every season past, each week between each episode has been a long hard wait. This season will most likely be even tougher.

Michalrose
10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Thought for sure I would come here with some chat on this so far, but I was wrong! Anyway, pretty excellent opening episode and I am really looking forward to seeing where they go about this and how Deb's character either comes to terms with who Dexter really is or if she just can't get over it. Every season past, each week between each episode has been a long hard wait. This season will most likely be even tougher.

Totally agree. Great episode. Very promising season. It HAS to be better than season 6. Besides the Deb knowing thing there is so much more going on with other characters- creepy tech geek guy (can't recall his name)...and possibly some Ukrainians. All will be a threat to Dexter.

Mech
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah the tech guy is SUPER creepy. Definitely agree. Weird though how Ukraine is tied into this though.. Just kind of random.

Michalrose
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
And then there's the Google girl.

caca
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Last night's episode was pretty great. I think this season looks very promising.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
This episode rocked. They were able to fit almost everything in one episode. Kills, flashbacks, some new baddies... Cannot wait to see how everything folds out.

Deepvoid
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
The first episode was better than anything from season 6.

onthewall2983
10-02-2012, 04:28 AM
What I like about this season is that it appears Dexter's main foe for the season will be the Ukraine mob, not another serial killer. Seeing him against another kind of sociopathy for the long haul as opposed to one episode will be interesting.

Pillfred
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Must find this online and watch it. Just watched the first season again at random then noticed that this was starting back up, super excited.

onthewall2983
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Look no further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S4Cn7xeiUY

Mech
10-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Wow, Showtime put the premier on YouTube? Crazy! Guess they want to get people hooked.

onthewall2983
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
They always do that with premieres. The Homeland ​premiere is up to (and posted on the thread).

burn.
10-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I fucking hated the scene in the airport.

...But I loved the rest of the episode.

Michalrose
10-16-2012, 05:05 AM
No love for Dexter? So far the season has been good but the series has lost steam. I loved this show up until season 6 which I found to be disjointed and disappointing. This should be the last season, how long can they drag this out?

Piko
10-16-2012, 07:48 AM
This WAS supposed to be the last. Showtime talked them into one more. Sucks I dont have showtime anymore. Been having to acquire by other means. I've got the second episode, but haven't seen it yet.

Mech
10-16-2012, 09:10 AM
I think this season has been excellent so far. Way better than last season.

Piko
10-16-2012, 09:33 AM
What's everyone's beef with last season? I thought it was great.

Mech
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
It was good, yes. I think most people's beef was with some of the silly side-stories, which we haven't really had much of this season yet. I loved the Doomsday Killer plot, but stuff like Batista's post divorce, etc., was just meh. Though, Quinn is looking to have one I guess with the Russian girl.

onthewall2983
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Were any of the side-plots in the books?

burn.
10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey writers!
Remember Harrison? Dexter's child? No? Ok.

I don't know where to begin. So far this season isn't bad but I feel like there's something missing, I remember when these series got me on the edge of my seat for every episode.

1. They got rid of Louis just like that, a character they were building since season 6 and was promising at some point.
2. Does Dexter ever take care of his son?
3. Deb seems to be getting over the "my brother is a serial killer" thing way too fast. Fuck, it's not like he is a drug-addict, you should be depressed or shocked at the very least.

Well... at least they're forgetting the incest plot (I hope).

Piko
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
You'd think she'd be terrified of him...

Michalrose
10-17-2012, 04:48 AM
I agree about Louis. Dexter should have been the one to deal with him and they should have kept that character longer. He was a good nemesis. It's like last season when they got rid of brother Sam. He was such an compelling character and had a sometimes profound influence on Dex. It could have been an interesting relationship.

caca
10-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I thought it was kind of cool that Louis was discarded this early on. Total red herring. I thought for sure he was eventually going to kill Batisa's sister. Nope.

I enjoyed season 6 (although it was probably my second-least-favorite season- season 3 being the weakest), but this season has been better. This is still my favorite show on TV, along with Breaking Bad.

Mech
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I also liked Louis being offed. Now, not only does Dexter have the Ukrainians on him, he now also has blood evidence of Louis on his boat. Depending how good of job the clean-up guy did, this may play a factor later on if there is any sort of investigation into Dexter due to Louis's disappearance.

redshoewearer
10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Looks like they have a new villain who has a murderous maze, wears a ridiculous costume, and likes to play death metal while he hunts people who get caught in razor wire. It will be interesting to see where Deb goes with this, now that she realizes Dex pegged the guy, but they didn't do anything and now another person is dead. I wonder will she be brought to the dark side by the end of the season.

Disappointed about Louis a little I guess. The Ukrainians so far aren't shaping up to be anything but caricature villains, but maybe that will change.

Conan The Barbarian
10-17-2012, 10:03 PM
That whole scene was really bizarre.

onthewall2983
10-21-2012, 10:07 PM
On par with Homeland tonight.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Yea I really enjoyed this episode. Love the way Dex killed tonight, so much of every emotion in that one.

sweeterthan
10-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Were victor and the head Ukrainian mob guy lovers or brothers? father and son? The scene with bartender was brutal.

I definitely think Louis will come back to haunt Dexter. There's going to be some evidence (besides the blood on the boat) of him stalking Dexter on the computer or in his apartment.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing if they were related or not. I mean he said when he was talking to Dexter in the club he was there for other reasons; I know he was talking about finding out who killed Victor, but he also didn't seem to interested in girls either... who knows. But yea, that scene was pretty messed up with the bartender. Also with the blood on Dexter's boat that George might have not cleaned up that great, Isaak said how Victor did everything that he (George) could not. Maybe that is some foreshadowing there?

thelastdisciple
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Talk about convenient for Harrison to be sent away for a few weeks, not only as a precaution with Speltzer having been out and about but especially with the heat Isaak's gonna bring.

Haha i loved the line from Dexter about running away from Speltzer lol perfect.

Also talk about a major freak out/mockery moment in the kill room.

Great episode!

caca
10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Last night's episode was fantastic. This season has been very good so far.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Also talk about a major freak out/mockery moment in the kill room.

This! God it had to be one of my favorite Dexter moments EVER!. So funny and so good.

Mech
10-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I got a good laugh out of the "stay" card, too.

I am wondering if Viktor and the Head Ukrainian are also father and son, or lovers. I said that same thing to my fiance.

onthewall2983
10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
It's definitely an Eastern Promises situation. Viktor wouldn't put a picture of him with his dad behind a picture frame.

Piko
10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Unless maybe they kept the father/son deal secret for a reason. Maybe they were lovers though. He wasn't impressed with the strippers after all...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Issac! I freaking knew it!

M1ke
11-19-2012, 08:10 AM
I really like where this season is going. Far better than the last two.

Vertigo
11-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I really like where this season is going. Far better than the last two.

The last four, in my opinion. Still not bringing it to quite the same blistering degree of those first two seasons, but it feels like it's going back to more of a character study and morality tale than just The Continuing Adventures Of Your Friendly Neighbourhood Serial Killer.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Last four? You didn't like the Trinity season??

profane
11-19-2012, 03:23 PM
The trinity season was the high point of the series. All downhill from there. This season definitely tries but fails.

onthewall2983
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
"Fails" is a bit harsh, compared to how it really failed the last two seasons.

profane
11-19-2012, 05:00 PM
"Fails" is a bit harsh, compared to how it really failed the last two seasons.

Ok, I took it too far with saying that. It does surpass the last two seasons.

Vertigo
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Last four? You didn't like the Trinity season??

I like every season of Dexter, but the first two seasons were some of the best TV I've ever seen. No, I didn't think the Trinity season stuck out particularly, I don't understand why it tends to get rated so highly. Aside from the way it ended, it did as little to advance the story or offer anything deeper as 3, 5 or 6.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I agree that seasons 1 & 2 were amazing tv. The suspense, and Dexter being so much more connected to his code was very fun and exciting to watch. The Trinity season for me advanced Dexter into more of a different character and made him question a lot of the things he believed in. Plus, he was the smartest adversary I believe Dexter has ever faced or been outsmarted by.

Broadbent
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
ugh, I thought they dropped the incest story line. great to see the kids again though. I really hope Dexter gets caught at the end of this year and next year is the trial and death of Dexter

Pillfred
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
ugh, I thought they dropped the incest story line. great to see the kids again though. I really hope Dexter gets caught at the end of this year and next year is the trial and death of Dexter

So this isn't the last season?

Piko
11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
So this isn't the last season?

Negative. One more to go.

Deepvoid
11-20-2012, 08:18 AM
After the disaster that was Season 6, I believe Season 7 is brining the show right on track for an awesome season finale and what will most likely be an crazy final season.

ghostaustin
11-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Issak has got to be the most likeable antagonist Dexter has ever had. I know I should be against him since he's trying to kill Dexter and all that, but I can't help but root for him when he takes down 3 Columbians shooting at him at point blank range like fucking badass.

Mech
11-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I like Issak, too. I feel like they should come to some sort of treaty. But, we all know that probably won't be the case and Dexter will get him, first.

Also, put me down as a vote for someone who doesn't want to see this series end with a "trial." That would be boring as fuck. If he ends up having to die, I hope it's something glorious, or he just ends up quitting the force and flees the country.

M1ke
11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I like Issak, too. I feel like they should come to some sort of treaty. But, we all know that probably won't be the case and Dexter will get him, first.

Also, put me down as a vote for someone who doesn't want to see this series end with a "trial." That would be boring as fuck. If he ends up having to die, I hope it's something glorious, or he just ends up quitting the force and flees the country.

Who says he's going to get Isaak first? Isaak is an organized crime boss, it doesn't seem unlikely Isaak knows how to use the police. It wouldn't be even a bit surprising to see Isaak plant something on Dexter that could lead to a search of his apartement and ultimately the discovery of something.

Mech
11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Let's be real here. All of Dexter's antagonists throughout the seasons, have only lasted 1 season. There's still 1 season of Dexter left, so mathematically and statistically, I just feel that Dexter is going to get the drop on Isaak. I am also not very confident that Isaak would get Dexter via the police, either, or I think he would've done that already. Isaak wants to avenge Viktor himself.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Who says he's going to get Isaak first? Isaak is an organized crime boss, it doesn't seem unlikely Isaak knows how to use the police. It wouldn't be even a bit surprising to see Isaak plant something on Dexter that could lead to a search of his apartement and ultimately the discovery of something.

Well I would think after the man has killed on Dexters own boat and broke into his house already... Dex is keeping a close eye on him. Plus, now that he knows how Isaak can dodge the police now as well. I think Isaak will meet the table since he already said he is a dead man in Kiev, so it's finish the score with Dexter, or run off to the islands unavenged.

What is bothering me the most now is freaking Laguerta! She is getting too close to something here and if she finds a dash of anything on that boat then there is going to be something wrong here. I would think after Dexter found the stains on his boat, he would have wiped everything spotless; now that he is thinking more with his dick and not by his code, he might have slipped up.

onthewall2983
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
There goes my enthusiasm for the show.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Dexter is starting to annoy the shit out of me now.

M1ke
11-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah, this episode just sucked completely. Why tie up the best part of the season before it's over?

This reminds me of last season, Brother Sam was the only cool thing about the season, then they killed him off. Now Isaak. WTF Dexter, wtf.

Mech
11-26-2012, 08:43 AM
I knew Isaak wouldn't survive, but didn't think it'd go the way that it did!

Also, since the series has to wrap up eventually, maybe Hannah (sorry, almost called her Sarah from her "Chuck" character) will be the "answer" to his dark passenger. We all very well know that he's been searching for one and constantly asking "how real people feel" from his narrations, without having to pretend to feel something. I'm interested to see how it plays out, but I agree that last night didn't really have the ending I was hoping for, for Isaak.

Piko
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm actually kinda happy with the way Issak went. Very admirable. And Issak might very well be my favorite "villain" of the series thus far. The first one to actually make you feel sympathetic. His life was absolute shambles, but stuck to his convictions to the end. I actually felt bad for his character. And now we lead into the next season; the flamer, and LaGeurta (sp?) investigating Dexter. Should be interesting.

Vertigo
11-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Still a fair bit of the season to go, but I've loved all of it. I'd imagine they'd already written out Isaak before realising how popular he'd get. A lot of it's down to Ray Stevenson being one hell of a charismatic actor, and it's been great to see him stretch and emote properly again. I miss Rome...

Mech
11-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I agree, definitely the most likable villain. I do like the way that he went out, but hated that he was shot from that douche from the club (sorry, his name escapes me atm). Wanting Dexter to take him out to sea to be buried with his love, I thought was very "cute" and admirable, too.

I do find it strange however that they are introducing a new character with only 3 episodes left. It's like, they wrapped up the season too early and remembered they had a few episodes left to go yet. Other than the story lines going on at the club, there's not much left, correct?

Piko
11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
I've been under the impression, though, that this was originally supposed to be the final season, but showtime convinced them for one more. So, in a way, we're getting one continuing season to wrap things up in two.

RJK
11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
My understanding was that last year they got renewed for two more seasons which allowed them the write a clear path to the series finale.

redshoewearer
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
My understanding was that last year they got renewed for two more seasons which allowed them the write a clear path to the series finale.

Yes that is what I remember too. Sorry about Isaac too. I just can't stand LaGuerta. I hope she goes down somehow without catching Dexter.

sweeterthan
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
I can't stand laguerta either. She drives me nuts.

I wasn't a fan of this episode either. Glad to see I'm not the only one. It had a cheesy vibe to it thats been missing from the whole season.

Deepvoid
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Because it would have overshadowed the Laguerta and Hanna storyline. Isaak was never meant to be the centerpiece of this season.

Deepvoid
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
How do you want the series to end? There's pretty much 3 options. He doesn't get caught. Gets caught & gets death penalty or gets shot by police (most likely his sister)?

sny other scenarios?

onthewall2983
12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I wanted to see him get caught while Rita was still alive, how she would have responded to it would have been interesting. I think the way it's going now is that he's going to do away with Harry's code completely and become a more villainous killer, rather than a self-righteous one. That all said, I don't know if that will make the series more interesting or not. This season started off well enough, but it went off the rails gradually. Isaak's death last week was the breaking point.

Piko
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I think he'll say goodbye to his "dark passenger". He's gonna have to kill LaGuerta though. Who knows if he'll get caught...

Deepvoid
12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
By not following his code, his more prone to making mistakes. I think this episode was the beginning of Dexter's demise.

Piko
12-03-2012, 10:07 PM
If anything, I'd say he's capable of giving it up now.

ghostaustin
12-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Man, I was so proud of Dexter for giving Deb the phantom, then 2.5 seconds later he just shits all over the code! Maybe he'll just kill jerks from now on. I'd be okay with that.

dlb
12-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Oh man, I started quite late with reviewing past episodes and now I am catching up so I'm excited for Sunday's episode. But to be honest, the show has become such a drag. The only thing that keeps me watching is an interesting character once in a while (why did they kill off Isaac? Damn it!) and to see if Dexter finally makes his worst mistake yet. I seriously can not imagine how they will come up with a believable season next year other than with a huge cliffhanger by this season's finale that will set Dexter's fate in stone. They just have to kill im or send him off far, far away.

And am I the only one that is absolutely tired of Quinn's side adventures aswell as Batista? Boring as hell without adding much to the seasons stories... Season 1 was flawlessbut it is getting ridiciulous now.

redshoewearer
12-05-2012, 10:15 PM
And am I the only one that is absolutely tired of Quinn's side adventures aswell as Batista? Boring as hell without adding much to the seasons stories...

Yes, tired of Quinn. He barely has any redeeming characteristics. Though he gets credit for saving the girl. Batista, while likeable, just hasn't had any interesting story matter in a long time.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Yea I agree. Batista has been kind of lurking in the background for some time. It's a shame because I really like him as a character in the show. This show was much more interesting to me when all the side character had more play in the story, or a story for themselves to figure out. It seemed like in past episodes that all the side characters had something going on with them and you were able to connect with them on a different level with what they were going through. Now it just seems like they are just.... there. And what the fuck happened to the brilliant writing and lines for Masuka? I miss him.

dlb
12-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Batista is one of the most likeable characters on the show, but his downfall or at the least the downfall of the writers for him began with his relationship with LaGuerta. From there on he became a lifeless bystander. Too bad... Heck, even his sister gets more valuable screentime than he does. And Deb? Wow, they really cranked it up with her tourettes this time around. Just when you thought it could not get any worse.

It really is laughable how a show that started out soooo good has become such a mess. I'm thoroughly sad that Isaac's gone. At least we got to see the kids grow up a bit more, but initially they did not serve a real purpose either in episode 9.

Alexandros
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Batista is one of the most likeable characters on the show, but his downfall or at the least the downfall of the writers for him began with his relationship with LaGuerta. From there on he became a lifeless bystander. Too bad... Heck, even his sister gets more valuable screentime than he does. And Deb? Wow, they really cranked it up with her tourettes this time around. Just when you thought it could not get any worse.

It really is laughable how a show that started out soooo good has become such a mess. I'm thoroughly sad that Isaac's gone. At least we got to see the kids grow up a bit more, but initially they did not serve a real purpose either in episode 9.

Am I the only one thinking Deb is just fine? Her reactions are a bit extreme sometimes, but nothing too out of the ordinary. And the actress (can't recall her name right now) is doing a good job, her performance feels natural.

Radiovoyr
12-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Am I the only one thinking Deb is just fine? Her reactions are a bit extreme sometimes, but nothing too out of the ordinary. And the actress (can't recall her name right now) is doing a good job, her performance feels natural.

I love Deb. I think the character is perfect and that Jennifer Carpenter is perfect for the part. Deb is got me through the Miguel season... speaking of, why hasnt Laguerta thought about that in relation to Dexter? Are the writers ignoring that season as much as I want to? That season was the only time I wasnt totally into the show.

Mech
12-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Aw shit, the trailer for next week looked pretty suspenseful for the final season! I hope it's just the way they edited the preview, but it looks like Dexter is fucked. He fucked up the shipping container kill for sure.

onthewall2983
12-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Anyone else think Deb spiked the drink herself?

Mech
12-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I think we will find out next week for sure, now that she's in jail. I think she may have though

Michalrose
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM

I think so. Pretty risky thing to do- how did she know she would not die in a crash. Looks like Hannah is getting really nasty next week. Dexter is screwed, maybe.

thelastdisciple
12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh i totally entertained the idea of Deb spiking the water and causing her accident.

For one in the same episode during her confrontation with Hannah she basically said I will do ANYTHING to protect Dexter from you and for two Hannah like she said has never failed a kill.

EDIT: Also who else kept going..... Dexter... you're being an idiot and not thinking about this, IT'S A TRAP DAMN IT!

So obvious lol

profane
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
It's been a long time coming since I wanted to see the next episode so badly.

r_z
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM

I was thinking that maybe Hannahs friend did the poisoning. That would also explain the blond hair at debs crib.

profane
12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I was thinking that maybe Hannahs friend did the poisoning. That would also explain the blond hair at debs crib.

Wasn't her friend kind of a readhead?

gorny540
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
This has been a real solid season, probably the best since season 4. Next weeks finale will probably set up all of the next and final season, got to think Dexter will be on the defense or on the run all next season.

r_z
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Wasn't her friend kind of a readhead?

yeah, I think you're right. Well, I'm trying not to make up my mind too much about this show. The writing's been on a downhill since at least mid-season-4. If you start thinking about certain stuff too much, a lot of plotholes and lazy writing become evident.

profane
12-10-2012, 05:58 PM
yeah, I think you're right. Well, I'm trying not to make up my mind too much about this show. The writing's been on a downhill since at least mid-season-4. If you start thinking about certain stuff too much, a lot of plotholes and lazy writing become evident.

Well for me, the show ended at season 4. What followed was a wacky story of whatever. I take it for whatever is left.

Broadbent
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Well for me, the show ended at season 4. What followed was a wacky story of whatever. I take it for whatever is left.

I couldn't agree with you more. Rita being killed by trinity was a great cliffhanger for a season finale. but the writers wrote themselves into a hole that they haven't gotten out of. Rita was the ying to dexters yang and they haven't found a balance since Rita's death. Dexter doesn't even spend xmas with his son? instead he's out killing while the nanny watches harrison? And the code went out the window looooong ago. he tells this chick he's a serial killer, then turns her into the cops with the info she knows? then goes after his mothers killer after Cap. Matthews warned him.

Personally I can't wait for the show to be over so I can have closure on the whole thing. I'm also one of the few that hopes he gets caught and get what he deserves.

The worst part of all of this is we will never get to see Rita's reaction to the truth

sweeterthan
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
If we, the viewers, knew that laguerta was setting dexter up, then dexter should have known too. I prefer to think that we are seeing dexter unravel rather just being a dumbass.

The Hannah part is really sad to me. As much as I didn't like her, I was hoping they would run away together to escape Laguerta's inevitable investigation. A new life, new identity and a happy ending for dexter.... It doesn't seem possible right now.

Maybe Jamie can adopt Harrison since she's practically his parent anyway.

imail724
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
How could Dexter have possibly gotten out of that shipping container without being caught?

Lutz
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM
How could Dexter have possibly gotten out of that shipping container without being caught?

Because the tail lost the subject and then waited for Laguerta to arrive - and comments when she arrives that he lost the quarry.

imail724
12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah but he said he lost him until he heard the gunshot, which occurred a while before Laguerta arrived because after the gunshot, Dexter knocked out the guy, tied him to the table, and waited for him to regain consciousness.

Broadbent
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Sooooo how are the two of them gonna cover this one up?

Magtig
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Wow, the show about the serial killer finally got dark again. Deb is broken.

M1ke
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
She was shot with the wrong gun.

Plus, the judge knows the warrant had been signed, this isn't going to be the end of it. They're both fucked now.

DVYDRNS
12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
LaGuerta was an absolute moron for going to that storage container alone. Obviously when you get a phone call like that, its a trap.

I dont like the way it ended. it was so rushed....

Now what to watch....

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
They either both get caught, or they both run together. But then again, Hannah is out again.

M1ke
12-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Spoilers, for those who haven't read the first book:

I find it somewhat funny, that at the end of the first book, LaGuerta gets killed and Deb find out about Dexter. It's taken the TV show 7 seasons to get to where the book got in 1.

gorny540
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Isn't season 8 going to be the last season? This is all just setting up for when Dexter is finally killed/jailed for all the murders

Vertigo
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
This is all just setting up for when Dexter is finally killed/jailed for all the murders

Or retires to spend the rest of his days writing and illustrating childrens' books.

Broadbent
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Well seems like we got a split crowd so I'm gonna take a poll. Who is rooting for Dexter to go free, and who is voting that Dexter will get busted and go to jail/electric chair?

RJK
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't know how I want it to end but it seems to be a cope out if Dex gets caught. Just boring.

This season was super boring and predictable.

Piko
12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Or, what if he gets killed by another serial killer? Someone younger to carry on his work and to take out the butcher. Would be ironic if it ended with Dexter on a table.

RJK
12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
As predictable as the writing was this season I assume Hannah will kill him or Deb.

elementroejoy
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't know how I want it to end but it seems to be a cope out if Dex gets caught. Just boring.

This season was super boring and predictable.
I would like it if he gets caught and then they show (or hint rather) that he's now killing bad guys in jail.

This season wasnt great but certainly way better than 5 and 6. Those were terrible.

r_z
12-18-2012, 07:27 AM
This season wasnt great but certainly way better than 5 and 6. Those were terrible.

I think it was just as bad. There were countless "because we said so"-moments, that didn't make any sense at all and ultimately made the show/its events feel shallow and meaningless. Also, they killed off a lot of characters (or made them disappear) in a very lazy way (Mike, Isaac, the club owner, Quinn's girlfriend, the nanny's boyfriend, ...). I think (since at least season four) this series has become one that is trying to feed the viewer's lust for sensation and action too much and therefore has become a mess regarding its story and characters.

Lutz
12-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Spoilers, for those who haven't read the first book:

I find it somewhat funny, that at the end of the first book, LaGuerta gets killed and Deb find out about Dexter. It's taken the TV show 7 seasons to get to where the book got in 1.

So basically next season they'll be giving us CYBORG DOKES.

profane
12-19-2012, 03:51 AM
I wouldn't even mind if season 8 started off with Dexter waking up next to Rita the the day before she would get killed, and that everything that happened next was just a bad dream.

Deepvoid
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I would go ultra dark and have them both commit suicide or you see them both getting the death penalty.

redshoewearer
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't even mind if season 8 started off with Dexter waking up next to Rita the the day before she would get killed, and that everything that happened next was just a bad dream.

I wouldn't mind that either! But he should still take out Trinity in that version.

This show is already messing with one's sense of right and wrong so bad in that I want Dexter to get away though my head says he needs to pay. But the ultimate punishment would be Deb getting caught, going to jail, not giving away her brother, and Dexter getting off (not getting caught, hiding in plain sight) and having to live with it all.

RJK
12-22-2012, 06:55 AM
According to the code shouldn't Dexter have to kill Deb now?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I really, REALLY miss Doakes.

Radiovoyr
12-23-2012, 03:15 AM
'Surprise, motherfucker!'

That scene,made me smile and laugh quite a bit. I love this show.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
'Surprise, motherfucker!'

That scene,made me smile and laugh quite a bit. I love this show.

It makes me want to watch the first two seasons again just to hear his one liners. Man, Doakes was my favorite character on the show next to Dexter.

Piko
12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Finally caught up and finished the season. Loved the ending. And I enjoyed the Six Feet Under reunion.

onthewall2983
12-29-2012, 11:59 PM
And I enjoyed the Six Feet Under reunion.

Missed this.

Piko
12-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Missed this.

I'm pretty sure it was her. Sounded like her and everything. Then I wiki'd her Filmography, and he said she appeared in an episode in 2012.

onthewall2983
12-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Who???????

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I missed this myself... who is it?

Piko
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Girl who played Claire Fisher. Pretty sure she was Hannah's friend.

onthewall2983
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
No way, Lauren couldn't look that trashy even if she tried.

ItsJustDave
12-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it was her. Sounded like her and everything. Then I wiki'd her Filmography, and he said she appeared in an episode in 2012.

Nope.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0361383/

Also, no reference to Dexter in Lauren Ambrose's filmography on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0024404/

Piko
12-31-2012, 07:49 AM
On wiki it says it though. And that page doesn't even have the name of the actress.

onthewall2983
12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
IMDB tends to be more reliable about movie/TV stuff.

ItsJustDave
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
On wiki it says it though. And that page doesn't even have the name of the actress.

You're just trolling now, aren't you? I didn't feel the need to spell it out in such detail in my original post, but Arlene Schram was played by Nicole LaLiberte.

---
"Dexter" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/)
- Surprise, Motherfucker! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235994/) (2012) TV episode, Played by Nicole LaLiberte (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2674140/)
- Do You See What I See? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235996/) (2012) TV episode, Played by Nicole LaLiberte (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2674140/)

---

You do understand the nature of wiki, yes?