PDA

View Full Version : 2018.10.09-10 Washington DC @ The Anthem

ltrandazzo
05-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Presale info - https://930-wc.ticketfly.com/files/2018/05/NIN-Presale-FAQ.pdf

Lineup begins 6am 5/19.

NOTE - nin.com says 8am, The Anthem's website says 6am. If someone wants to call on this and clarify, great. If there is confusion, I'd take the safe bet and line up at 6am.

FULLMETAL
05-10-2018, 12:58 PM
This is a new venue that opened in October 2017. It has a flexible capacity to seat 2,500-3,200 or standing room for 6,000. This will be a GA show with "Super Excellent" reserved seats (GA = $95, SE reserved seats $135).

https://i.imgur.com/0ubAl8jl.jpg

redwingsrock
05-11-2018, 07:02 PM
So I'm from Raleigh, NC and this is the show I'll be able to make it to. DC is about a 5 hour drive from where I am and if possible, i'd like to avoid having to make the trip up there to stand in line on the 19th. Is there anyone here planning to go to this show (and already planning on standing in line) that wouldn't mind picking up an additional 2 G&A tickets for me? Please PM me if so.

Edit: Happy to pay face value and a bit extra as a "convenience" fee :)

Thank You!

_thereplicator
05-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Hey y'all, I'm in Newport News, VA, and similar (albeit a little closer) to redwingsrock, I'm a three hour drive south of DC. The presale date was announced with too little notice for the boyfriend and I to be able to request the day off at our respective jobs (retail), so it's basically impossible for us to make a trip up there to get tickets. We're just looking for two GA tickets, plus I'll gladly pay for your dinner the night of/we can take a couple extra to the show in our vehicle to save anyone a trip into DC.

It would really mean a ton--the last (and first) NIN show I saw was in 08 in Orlando (so I'm long overdue for another!!), and my boyfriend has never seen them.

Thank you.

TheBang
05-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Looks like they added another date for DC, Oct. 10.

trollmanen
05-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Where are you seeing another date added?

Nevermind, I see it. I guess these will only be available for sale in the traditional way, which is refreshing.

Bluegirl
05-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Where are you seeing another date added?

Nevermind, I see it. I guess these will only be available for sale in the traditional way, which is refreshing.
The second date went on sale with the first date. They announced it to the line just before the tickets went on sale. I got a ticket for the second date because Wednesdays are easier for me to leave my job early. I got on line at 6 and was about 100-200 people back. I am glad they did a second date.

trollmanen
05-19-2018, 02:42 PM
I'm keeping an eye for the online sale, hoping the added second date will make it easier to get online.

redwingsrock
05-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

trollmanen
05-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Can anyone confirm if the Anthem is still selling tickets? I saw the Hotline posted that Boston is selling their tickets at the box office until they sell out, which would mean no online sales.

Also, can anyone confirm whether the Anthem box office is open on Sundays?

EDIT - the Anthem's website indicates that the Oct 9 show sold out, which is why they added the Oct 10 show.

arrafay
05-19-2018, 05:12 PM
I read on a facebook post for the anthem that they still had tickets at 5pm...I was surprised they continued selling since they said 3pm would be cut off.

trollmanen
05-19-2018, 06:30 PM
I saw that. If they wait a week to start selling them online though, I doubt there will be any left at that point. That's just my guess of when they'd possibly start selling online.

fortheloveofgod
05-22-2018, 02:11 PM
I saw that. If they wait a week to start selling them online though, I doubt there will be any left at that point. That's just my guess of when they'd possibly start selling online.

https://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=Nine+Inch+Nails+The+Anthem

Good Luck! On Sale at 10am 5/24

mrselfdestruct94
05-24-2018, 09:14 AM
Just purchased tickets for both dates, and I hope everyone who wanted to go was able to do the same! See you all there!

trollmanen
05-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I've got tickets to both nights as well. At first, it looked like they were selling out pretty fast, but both nights still have tickets available.

redwingsrock
05-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Got a GA ticket to the 10/10 date. Ticketfly is 1000% better than tickemaster when it comes to getting tickets. This was extremely painless.

Toadflax
05-24-2018, 12:49 PM
10/10 ... 1000%

Funny you should say that. I just did the math, and if nintourhistory.com is accurate and no new shows get added, 10/10/18 will be Nine Inch Nails' 1,000th show.

Volk
05-24-2018, 01:02 PM
I had no problem getting GA tix for the 10/10 show. If its' NIN's 1000th show, I hope something cool happens.

Toadflax
05-24-2018, 01:43 PM
I was wrong. It's the next show - at Radio City. Now you just have to hope they add one more date between now and then to make this the 1,000th!

Volk
05-29-2018, 04:59 PM
This is my first show at this venue. What should I expect for parking?
Anyone know of an affordable hotel nearby too?

the duder
06-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Went online today and took far too long to choose which night to buy tickets for and opted for 10/9. Stoked to see NIN live again, and planning on avoiding setlists/spoilers. (If anyone needs me, I'll be in the wrestling thread...)

sheepdean
06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
So ... I'm going!
10/10, with the gf, this will be my first non-UK NIN concert

idioteque...
06-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Hey so I'm selling 2 Ga tickets for face plus pp fees which should add up to $235, I managed to get tickets to King's Theater so these are useless (not really) but it's too expensive that multiple NIN shows is impossible this tour.

trollmanen
06-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Hey so I'm selling 2 Ga tickets for face plus pp fees which should add up to $235, I managed to get tickets to King's Theater so these are useless (not really) but it's too expensive that multiple NIN shows is impossible this tour.

Given that GA tickets are still available at the box office and Ticketfly, good luck. I've got a pair that I overpaid for, hoping to get face value later on once it sells out, which it will eventually.

idioteque...
06-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Given that GA tickets are still available at the box office and Ticketfly, good luck. I've got a pair that I overpaid for, hoping to get face value later on once it sells out, which it will eventually.

What are you waiting for?

trollmanen
06-22-2018, 08:14 AM
What are you waiting for?

Because why would someone pay face value for second hand tickets when they can get them from the source?

TheBang
06-22-2018, 10:03 AM
Because why would someone pay face value for second hand tickets when they can get them from the source?
FYI, if you look on Stubhub, etc., resale tickets are already $20 below face value (about $75), not to mention the the shows still haven't sold out. It sounds like supply is more than demand, and will probably stay that way. Resale prices could crash to less than half face value, like they did for the Vegas shows. I think all-GA venues like this are more prone to that, since the demand level is uniformly spread across the whole venue.

ziltoid
06-24-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm going to the show on the 9th and it will be my first ever NIN concert!
I live in Maryland and I'm driving to the metro station which has a stop really close to the Warf (about a block and a half away IIRC)where The Anthem is located.
I've been to D.C. a bunch of times.
My suggestion for anyone out of state, like me, is drive to the metro Early!
That is if you plan to do that and also because fuck D.C.'s absurd parking fees.
I can't stress this enough, take the metro earlier than would plan because there are always delays and also it's much cheaper.
If you leave your car at the metro station you should make sure to have enough money on your metro card to also pay for parking.
I hope to met some of you the at the show, and I hope you all have a great time.

ajpeden
08-20-2018, 06:27 PM
I might have a spare ticket to the 10/9 show. Wife and I are visiting some friends in the DC area during the week prior to the show and we are spending a few days after they depart and are going to enjoy DC.

My wife isnt isn’t the biggest concert person, or a fan of large crowds, especially for a band in which she only has a passing interest. So she is planning to have a “treat yourself” kind of day at the hotel with room service, at home spa treatments and some other stuff.

I’m sure I’ll know For sure by the end of August. So. If anyone is looking, please let me know.

idioteque...
08-23-2018, 11:14 AM
Hey still have 2 of the tickets available for face please pm me

buckets of lube
09-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Anticipation is building like crazy... only two more weeks for show 1 of 2!

heavenly_bearded
09-25-2018, 03:22 PM
buckets of lube ftw

(always wanted to say that)

divine_debris
09-28-2018, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have experience seeing a show at the Anthem before, I had a couple of friends mention to me that they usually open two doors and let fans in from 2 different directions. As someone who has waited in lots of NIN lines and been screwed over in the last minute by a line being split this makes me nervous. What time are people thinking of being there to line up?

FULLMETAL
10-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I won't be able to hit these two shows. I have (1) GA ticket available for Tuesday & Wednesday, send a PM if you need a ticket.

raznkn
10-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Does anyone have experience seeing a show at the Anthem before, I had a couple of friends mention to me that they usually open two doors and let fans in from 2 different directions. As someone who has waited in lots of NIN lines and been screwed over in the last minute by a line being split this makes me nervous. What time are people thinking of being there to line up?

Yes. I have been to a handful of shows at The Anthem in DC and have only ever seen one entrance on the backside of the venue. The doors are under the marquee and near the pier. This venue is very new and clean. I really enjoy seeing shows here. There's plenty of GA on the floor and on each of the levels behind the seating. Have a great time!

raznkn
10-04-2018, 09:15 PM
I have one GA ticket available for 10/09 and two GA tickets available for 10/10. I bought extra when I went to the physical sale to help out any NIN peeps left out in the Cold Dark and Infinite.

Selling for face value of 95.00 each - I can meet you there to make the exchange. :)

buckets of lube
10-07-2018, 05:01 PM

The venue has a reputation for not allowing people to line up all day, only from an hours before doors or so. Not sure how that's going to pan out with the swarm of NIN die-hards.

ziltoid
10-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Door opens at 6PM and my ticket says the show starts at 7:30.
What would be a good time to show up for the line?
Also I checked the weather report and so far it looks fine but it's literally on the water front. Should I bring a coat or jacket?

RJK
10-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Door opens at 6PM and my ticket says the show starts at 7:30.
What would be a good time to show up for the line?
Also I checked the weather report and so far it looks fine but it's literally on the water front. Should I bring a coat or jacket?DC tends to be rather warm this time of year. I definitely don't think you'll need a coat, maybe a light hoodie or jacket.

divine_debris
10-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Yes. I have been to a handful of shows at The Anthem in DC and have only ever seen one entrance on the backside of the venue. The doors are under the marquee and near the pier. This venue is very new and clean. I really enjoy seeing shows here. There's plenty of GA on the floor and on each of the levels behind the seating. Have a great time!

Awesome, thanks! We're from Syracuse, NY and driving down for the Wednesday show so I always get nervous they will mess up the line last minute! I did hear back from the venue with this information for what it's worth:

Yes, there are two lines that form for entry. Normally, when we anticipate fans gathering early, security does keep the integrity of the line.
They usually set up one of the two barricades for patrons to line up in. Regarding the camera policy, it’s up to the artist discretion –normally,
we allow point and shoot cameras with no detachable lenses (i.e., DSLR and mirrorless cameras)

divine_debris
10-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I read that on their FAQ so I did reach out to their Customer Service just in case and this is what they replied with:

Yes, there are two lines that form for entry. Normally, when we anticipate fans gathering early, security does keep the integrity of the line.
They usually set up one of the two barricades for patrons to line up in.

FULLMETAL
10-08-2018, 08:42 PM
From an e-mail from the venue:
“Nine Inch Nails will take over The Anthem this Tuesday for a sold out show. To say we’re stoked to see which various musical trails Trent Reznor and crew will take us down would be an understatement. As always, the electronic-tinged heavy rock will tantalize our minds, and it certainly helps that shoegaze gods The Jesus and Mary Chain and rockers Kite Base will add even more depth. We can’t wait!

Arrive Early! Doors open at 6pm. A sold out show at The Anthem means a lot of people, and it takes a bit of time to get everyone in the doors. Please plan ahead so you don’t miss anything! Get there early enough to take advantage of happy hour prices (and popcorn samples!) at the bars upstairs, all the way until the openers take the stage! And, our Friends with Benefits get 70 points for checking-in at the I.M.P. table in the lobby for Happy Hour before the first act goes on!

Please note that for GA Standing tickets, there are 2 lines for entry - one starting near Shake Shack (975 Wharf St. SW) & one near the District Pier.

Bring your credit or debit card - we’re cashless.
We do not take cash at the bars, for food or at the box office.”

**Still have (1) GA ticket for Tuesday & Wednesday night. PM if you still need a ticket**

ajpeden
10-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Just got near the line. I have to wait for a friend to finish their drive up from Richmond.
Hope every has a blast!

sc0ttius
10-10-2018, 09:37 AM
[TAKEN] - I have one physical GA ticket available for tonight. I bought 4 tickets and one person is unable to make it. We can meet at the venue before the concert.

Snowstorm1996
10-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Because of the geometry of the Wharf promenade, security splits the main queue into two lines, one east and one west of the marquee on the waterfront side. When you get there, you can walk past the point where the lines merge at the steps and size up the two queues; sometimes one line is shorter than the other. Even for sellout shows, security usually moves people swiftly. People trying to cut in line at the merge near the doors are caught most of the time. The doors on the Maine Avenue side of the venue are only for staff, VIPs, small deliveries and exit only after shows.

As for the GA spots, some of the standing ledges on the backside of the balconies are good if you don’t or can’t get the vantage you want from the floor. The seats are obviously off limits to GA tickets and security regularly flushes scofflaws out of them, even mid-show.