PDA

View Full Version : 2018.09.18-19 Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks

ltrandazzo
05-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Presale info - https://www.axs.com/series/6494/nine-inch-nails-tickets

Lineup begins 8am 5/19.

FULLMETAL
05-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Red Rocks is a 9,525 seat venue. It appears to be reserved seating if that's the case, Row 1 will be ADA accessible only.
According to the website, tickets range from $101.35 - $152.15. Guessing the higher the price the closer to the stage you will be.

http://www.redrocksonline.com/assets/img/red-rocks-seating-chart-ed8b2aa454.png

ajk791
05-10-2018, 12:47 PM
nin.com has the on sale date for the Red Rocks shows as May 20, not May 19.

klyrish
05-10-2018, 02:15 PM
@FULLMETAL (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=356) Rows 61-69 are GA at Red Rocks, everything else is reserved. EDIT: actually, upon further Google Image Searching, it appears that 61-69 is ALWAYS GA but then depending on the show, they might open up more rows to GA.

So, SO pumped for these shows!

elevenism
05-10-2018, 02:19 PM
I SURE hope I can talk my brother into lining up for this.

edit: ok, it looks like i AM gonna be there, but given the 4 ticket limit, i may have to go to fucking denver to line up with my brother because we need five tix.

sick among the pure
05-12-2018, 02:00 PM
So, a friend of mine who moved out to CO has never been to a NIN show but is a HUGE fan, and "see NIN at Red Rocks" is on my bucket list. She is already going to go line up for tickets, soooooo... I'm probably going to drive across the country (3 months after I fly across the country) to go to one of (if not both of) these shows. Maybe. This whole tour is a bunch of "I don't know, maybe I'll do something" thanks to this "buy tickets in person, then if there are leftovers you can get them online later" thing.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Just gonna put this out there, but if anyone were able to get another, I'd be more than happy to reimburse/pay in advance to pick me up a ticket. My gut is telling me more tickets will probably be available online after the presale, but should anyone feel inclined...*shrug*

elevenism
05-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Just gonna put this out there, but if anyone were able to get another, I'd be more than happy to reimburse/pay in advance to pick me up a ticket. My gut is telling me more tickets will probably be available online after the presale, but should anyone feel inclined...*shrug*
i was wondering if you were aiming to make it out to this one!
there are a few variables involved here, but if i DO go and get tickets, and my brother is also gonna line up with me, i'll get you one for sure.
just don't make this your main plan as i'm not 100% sure how this is gonna work out.

Like we need 5 tickets if my mom is going, but my mom tends to back out of trips, in which case my brother could pick up the 4. If my brother has to work and my wife and i get a wild hair, we might run up there and grab them, which would give us the opportunity to get extras.

I'll sure let you know.

it'd also be cool to say what up. i think we were in the same section at BOK in 08 or so, and i think i SAW you because you told me what you'd have on, but we didn't wind up talking, even though it seems like we had talked on the board about chilling or at least saying what up. Shit, i barely remember. it's been TEN YEARS, which scares the hell out of me.

Anyway man, i'll for sure keep you posted.

elevenism
05-15-2018, 04:04 PM
So ok. As it stands right now, me and the mrs. are going to head that way on Saturday morning probably and spend the day and night at my brother's place and be there to get the tickets on Sunday morning.
The ten hour round trip is kind of a bitch, but I'm with you sick among the pure : see NIN at red rocks is also on my bucket list as well as something I've been waiting for for years since my brother moved up there.

Have we figured out for sure if it's the 19 or the 20, the ticket line up I mean?

sick among the pure
05-15-2018, 04:38 PM
So ok. As it stands right now, me and the mrs. are going to head that way on Saturday morning probably and spend the day and night at my brother's place and be there to get the tickets on Sunday morning.
The ten hour round trip is kind of a bitch, but I'm with you @sick among the pure (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=266) : see NIN at red rocks is also on my bucket list as well as something I've been waiting for for years since my brother moved up there.

Have we figured out for sure if it's the 19 or the 20, the ticket line up I mean?

Everywhere I've seen has the Red Rocks show lineup on the 20th. If you'd feel better about it, call and ask the venue.

sick among the pure
05-15-2018, 07:38 PM
According to a FaceBook reply by the venue/ticket company, all 8 windows will be open. Which has me wondering if there will be one line that they just take the next person at whichever window becomes available, or if everyone will be playing "which line should I pick" and hoping they got the one with the fastest person working it.

themethatyouknow
05-17-2018, 05:52 AM
Tickets for this definitely go on sale on the Sunday the 20th at the Coliseum box office. You aren't allowed to line up until 8 am and they go on sale at 10 am. Sadly I don't think I'll be making it to this one. $150 just isn't in my price range right now.

elevenism
05-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Tickets for this definitely go on sale on the Sunday the 20th at the Coliseum box office. You aren't allowed to line up until 8 am and they go on sale at 10 am. Sadly I don't think I'll be making it to this one. $150 just isn't in my price range right now.

it's not in my price range either, but $101.35 is

elevenism
05-17-2018, 06:59 PM
@ImTheWiseJanitor (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) hit me up.

Also, who from ETS will be in line?

klyrish
05-17-2018, 08:26 PM
@ImTheWiseJanitor (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) hit me up.

I'll be there with my buddy Joe. Looking to get there a little after 7 to line up in the not-lined-up-yet-line.

Arcspiral
05-17-2018, 09:16 PM
I'll be there!

ajk791
05-18-2018, 10:43 AM
My wife and I are moving to Colorado this summer and clearly won’t be able to be there in person this Sunday. Are there any kind souls here that would be willing to get 2 extra tickets for either night? I’m more than happy to send money via PayPal for the tickets +$50 for you to get coffee/whatever for your time.

themethatyouknow
05-18-2018, 11:16 PM
My wife and I are moving to Colorado this summer and clearly won’t be able to be there in person this Sunday. Are there any kind souls here that would be willing to get 2 extra tickets for either night? I’m more than happy to send money via PayPal for the tickets +$50 for you to get coffee/whatever for your time.

PM sent.

nothing
05-19-2018, 08:25 PM

I’ll be there early, coffee in hand, ready to wrock! \m/
Its gonna be worth it! <— gawd I hope so *facepalm*

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-19-2018, 09:20 PM
So goddamn jealous. Why can't this have happened in June? Have fun everybody!! It sounds like it'll be hectic but hopefully worth the experience.

Mattman840
05-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Anyone willing to grab a single for 9-18 for me? looks like my connection to buy tickets isn't going to be able to make it. i can throw in some extra cash for time/effort/beer. please let me know...in dire need of some help on this one!

sick among the pure
05-19-2018, 11:46 PM
I have a good friend going for me in the morning, hopefully everything works out. If you see a girl in line with giant (probably around 2 inch) lobe tunnels, nose ring, tats everywhere, and redish dyed hair named Amanda, be nice to her and help her out, say you know Adam from the NIN forums. She hasn't ever done a big NIN lineup event (been to one show, NINJA tour, far off seat, which is why she's so excited to try to get tickets up close).
If all goes well for her, I'll be driving 22+ hours out to see everyone at Red Rocks this fall!

themethatyouknow
05-19-2018, 11:48 PM
So I'm going to be going to get tickets tomorrow after all. What time is everyone planning on getting there? I don't know the area around the Colosseum too well. Will we be able to park somewhere nearby before 8?

sick among the pure
05-20-2018, 01:36 AM
Nobody checking in as in line yet? By now NYC had over 100 people ;)

elevenism
05-20-2018, 04:30 AM
What up everybody?

is anyone there yet? i'm in the area.

Halo:Maise
05-20-2018, 05:48 AM
80ish in line now

themethatyouknow
05-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Just got here. The line is around the building and now about 2 blocks through the parking lot.

elevenism
05-20-2018, 10:04 AM
I'll be there!

Where you at man? Im over here by these RVs and wearing a leather trench coat.
I would be closer to the front, but we misunderstood and went to Red Rocks and drove around looking for the fucking box office for over two hours. But, Red Rocks park is just about the most beautiful area ive ever seen, so at least that. We saw several deer up close.

sick among the pure
05-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Friend is 175th in line, said she met someone who drove down from Canada, and that people tried to cut in line but security had none of that shit. Hope everyone is doing well.

caca
05-20-2018, 10:33 AM
Friend is 175th in line, said she met someone who drove down from Canada, and that people tried to cut in line but security had none of that shit. Hope everyone is doing well.

Drove from Canada? Holy shit!

Have fun, everybody! I'm still recovering from yesterday's event in Phoenix, but it was 100% worth it (and I had a lot of fun in the process). Don't forget to check out the new songs at the listening station after you grab your tickets (assuming CO's got one set up). They're pretty badass.

sick among the pure
05-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Looks like I’m driving out to Colorado!
18th, row 8

Arcspiral
05-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Where you at man? Im over here by these RVs and wearing a leather trench coat.
I would be closer to the front, but we misunderstood and went to Red Rocks and drove around looking for the fucking box office for over two hours. But, Red Rocks park is just about the most beautiful area ive ever seen, so at least that. We saw several deer up close.

Sorry to miss you, I just saw this when I got home! Hope your experience turns out alright. It was kind of a long process, but pretty smooth overall. I'll be excited to see the show. We should organize an ETS meetup at this!

themethatyouknow
05-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Finally got mine. Took forever, but row 14!

TheBang
05-20-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm looking for one ticket for each night. If anyone has any extra, please PM me.

elevenism
05-20-2018, 05:13 PM
Finally got mine. Took forever, but row 14! by the time we got there, they claimed that all they had together was row 30 and 31.
Idk, the whole thing was kind of too fucking long for me. But I met some cool people; I'm usually a bit of a hermit. It was cool that it forced me out of my comfort zone.

klyrish
05-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Just got here. The line is around the building and now about 2 blocks through the parking lot.
Got there about 15 minutes after you and the line had gone all the way down the I-70 bridge and we got in line right before going under it at the far back end of the parking lot.

Seven hours.

SEVEN. FUCKING. HOURS.

But we got our tickets for 9/19. Just GA but that's fine...this'll be the 15th time I've seen NIN and I don't need to be close. Just being in the best venue in the country is enough. Can't WAIT!

Krazy
05-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Said fuck it... More than likely, wife and me are gonna go to both nights. If anyone has two each for either/both nights let me know what you want. Well see if they release tickets on line for this or if it’s going to strictly be in person sales.

Best. Venue. Ever.

heavenly_bearded
05-20-2018, 09:12 PM
Got there about 15 minutes after you and the line had gone all the way down the I-70 bridge and we got in line right before going under it at the far back end of the parking lot.

Seven hours.

SEVEN. FUCKING. HOURS.

But we got our tickets for 9/19. Just GA but that's fine...this'll be the 15th time I've seen NIN and I don't need to be close. Just being in the best venue in the country is enough. Can't WAIT!

Complaining about line waiting for 7 hours. Try 14. But congrats on getting tickets. Wish I was going to this show.

klyrish
05-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Complaining about line waiting for 7 hours. Try 14. But congrats on getting tickets. Wish I was going to this show.
I didn't realize it was a competition and that 7 hours wasn't a long enough time to complain about. What is the cut off for when standing in line goes from awesome-and-the-greatest-thing-ever to sucking?

heavenly_bearded
05-21-2018, 08:25 AM
I didn't realize it was a competition and that 7 hours wasn't a long enough time to complain about. What is the cut off for when standing in line goes from awesome-and-the-greatest-thing-ever to sucking?

If it's for a once in a lifetime nin event, the answer is 72.

Arcspiral
05-21-2018, 01:49 PM
I had a good experience and got some pretty great seats (row 4!) but I was looking at the AXS page (https://www.axs.com/events/354519/nine-inch-nails-tickets) for the upcoming online sales and it's listing prices at $79.50 to $125.00. I bought the highest tier ticket yesterday priced at $152.15, which means I paid an extra $27 dollars per ticket for a fancy envelope, or I paid service charges at the box office. Either way, that does kind of irritate me. Sure, I'm super happy with my ticket location and the experience was good, I just want to know what the extra $150 was for on the five tickets I bought.

halo eighteen
05-21-2018, 01:55 PM
http://www.redrocksonline.com/events/detail/nine-inch-nails

It does look like they were indeed charging fees. The official list price is $79.50 - $125, but if you scroll down to the FAQ part there's mention of prices being $101.35 - $152.15 with an additional $5 extra per order for hard tickets. :/

Arcspiral
05-22-2018, 12:01 PM
The only delivery option for tickets in Rows 1-7 are non-transferable Flash Seats. I was told on Sunday that my tickets would be delivered to my Flash Seats account on Monday, but they still haven't shown up as of yet. The charge on my CC is still pending too. Has anyone else that got tickets in the first 7 rows had their tickets delivered yet? I'm getting a little anxious about it.

nothing
05-22-2018, 12:39 PM
The only delivery option for tickets in Rows 1-7 are non-transferable Flash Seats. I was told on Sunday that my tickets would be delivered to my Flash Seats account on Monday, but they still haven't shown up as of yet. The charge on my CC is still pending too. Has anyone else that got tickets in the first 7 rows had their tickets delivered yet? I'm getting a little anxious about it.

I’m wondering the same thing, as I scored tix in row 4 for night 1 & row 2 for night 2. The ‘physical world’ tix I received after paying with cash were printed on the spot & look to be the actual, official tix used for entry; there’s nothing remarkable about these tickets, as they’re on regular ticket paper stock and look just like any other ticket for an AXS promoted event. Surprisingly my name isn’t printed on the tix and I’ve yet to see anything in my flash seats account, nor any email confirmation whatsoever. It’s strange but since I have hard tix & a receipt, I suppose I shouldn’t be that concerned.

Arcspiral
05-22-2018, 12:48 PM
I’m wondering the same thing, as I scored tix in row 4 for night 1 & row 2 for night 2. The ‘physical world’ tix I received after paying with cash were printed on the spot & look to be the actual, official tix used for entry; there’s nothing remarkable about these tickets, as they’re on regular ticket paper stock and look just like any other ticket for an AXS promoted event. Surprisingly my name isn’t printed on the tix and I’ve yet to see anything in my flash seats account, nor any email confirmation whatsoever. It’s strange but since I have hard tix & a receipt, I suppose I shouldn’t be that concerned.

The hard tickets are just a commemorative type of thing. Those aren't for entry at all, it was just so you could walk away from the onsale with something in your hand. I wish I would've asked for a receipt, or some sort of confirmation of seat location. Especially considering remaining tickets go online this Thursday.

nothing
05-22-2018, 01:46 PM
The hard tickets are just a commemorative type of thing. Those aren't for entry at all, it was just so you could walk away from the onsale with something in your hand. I wish I would've asked for a receipt, or some sort of confirmation of seat location. Especially considering remaining tickets go online this Thursday.

That’s what we were led to believe and likely still is the case. However, with no email or name verification at the ticket window, no email confirmation received and nothing at all tying this order to my flash seats account, I’m wondering what gives. These tickets have bar codes and everything else you’d see on a normal ticket. With nothing to differentiate these from any other tix it makes me wonder if the ‘non-transferrable’ tag is merely to discourage scalpers from buying the best tix. Time will tell.

I actually wish these were more of a commemorative ticket; the ones we got from the spiral/nin.com presales we’re always really cool, plus having the names printed made them unique. I have mine framed with each respective tour poster and they look so much better than the regular/generic tix for all other events.

Bachy
05-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Got my ticket. I’ve been wanting to see a show here for so long. Can’t fucking wait.

https://i.imgur.com/iMYOB6V_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

greyskies13
05-24-2018, 11:24 AM
yes tickets for both nights with friends, this will be my first trip to red rocks!

ryanmcfly
05-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Got a single GA ticket for the second show. Idc if that means I’m not close, I finally get to cross NIN at Red rocks off my bucket list

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-24-2018, 11:38 AM
After missing out on Chicago, I managed to get a GA ticket for each night at Red Rocks. SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

Side note and friendly tip to anyone else with GA tickets - DONT MAKE MY PAST MISTAKE. GET THERE AS EARLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT A GOOD GA SPOT.

ryanmcfly
05-24-2018, 01:47 PM
After missing out on Chicago, I managed to get a GA ticket for each night at Red Rocks. SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

Side note and friendly tip to anyone else with GA tickets - DONT MAKE MY PAST MISTAKE. GET THERE AS EARLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT A GOOD GA SPOT.

How exactly does GA work at Red Rocks?

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-24-2018, 02:24 PM

Someone else may be able to give a better answer than I can, but the short answer I think is a few rows (5-10 ish?) in the middle-front area and then row 60 and up or something like that. And of course standing room on either side of the seated area. I believe it varies a little from show to show, too.

Edit: Ignore me, they got it. VVVV

HighPlainsDrifter
05-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Row 48-69 is GA

http://www.redrocksonline.com/assets/img/red-rocks-seating-chart-ed8b2aa454.png

TheBang
05-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Someone else may be able to give a better answer than I can, but the short answer I think is a few rows (5-10 ish?) in the middle-front area and then row 60 and up or something like that. And of course standing room on either side of the seated area. I believe it varies a little from show to show, too.
There are different seating configurations at Red Rocks that artists can choose. One configuration has GA at the back and another GA section kind of towards the front. The NIN shows are not like that. Like HighPlainsDrifter said, GA for NIN is row 48 to the end. Everything in front of that is reserved seating only.

Krazy
05-24-2018, 10:34 PM
I’ve never seen a GA section at the front, it’s always at the back 1/3rd or so. There’s no room for GA in the front. You can actually go to Red Rocks during an off day and walk up on the stage. There’s nothing in the front but room for security and the “seating” is fixed.

sick among the pure
05-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Just a heads-up if someone ends up trying to sell off a ticket for the 19th, I'm interested, and plan on checking Stubhub and such like a week before and a few days before for a "just take it" cheap ticket, but if a decent one comes up before that I'll probably hop on that too. I just feel like driving 22+ hours each way for only one night is a waste of potential, but because of how much I'll need for gas I can't justify another $150-$100 ticket, and feel like if I'm as far back as the more reasonably priced seats are I won't be as into it.
A long way away, just something I wanted to mention. Haven't even planned when I'm traveling for it yet.

Arcspiral
05-24-2018, 11:51 PM
There are different seating configurations at Red Rocks that artists can choose.

This is accurate. I've seen close to 100 shows there and it's different every time. I'm seeing a couple of other shows there this summer other than Nine Inch Nails, and both of those have the GA sections from Rows 3-32. Really just depends on the show, which always causes a fair amount of stress when getting tickets because it's never the same.

TheBang
05-25-2018, 04:02 AM
I’ve never seen a GA section at the front, it’s always at the back 1/3rd or so. There’s no room for GA in the front. You can actually go to Red Rocks during an off day and walk up on the stage. There’s nothing in the front but room for security and the “seating” is fixed.
Check out the seating configuration for this show, with GA in the back and the front, and reserved in the middle (and the very front rows):

https://www.axs.com/events/349514/ween-tickets

The other common one I've seen is where the first few rows are reserved and then the rest of the venue is GA.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-25-2018, 04:40 AM

The only thing that led me to think there may be a front-ish GA area is that Gorillaz had one at their show. There was a narrow strip of seats a few rows up from the front (like row 10, not FRONT front) that were GA, and then the rest were kept in the 60s. But I've only seen the one show there, and also haven't seen the seating arrangement for these particular shows, so I wouldn't know, heh.

My real problem was getting there about 20 minutes to showtime and parking was an absolute cluster fuck. I hadn't realized how problematic parking would be in the mountains. Gee, who knew? ^^' At least it was free.

elevenism
05-25-2018, 08:07 AM
@ImTheWiseJanitor (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) did you get tickets after all?
@TheBang (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=176) did you find tickets yet? (again, i am SO, SO fucking sorry man)

Krazy
05-25-2018, 08:12 AM
Check out the seating configuration for this show, with GA in the back and the front, and reserved in the middle (and the very front rows):

https://www.axs.com/events/349514/ween-tickets

The other common one I've seen is where the first few rows are reserved and then the rest of the venue is GA.

Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

The only thing that led me to think there may be a front-ish GA area is that Gorillaz had one at their show. There was a narrow strip of seats a few rows up from the front (like row 10, not FRONT front) that were GA, and then the rest were kept in the 60s. But I've only seen the one show there, and also haven't seen the seating arrangement for these particular shows, so I wouldn't know, heh.

My real problem was getting there about 20 minutes to showtime and parking was an absolute cluster fuck. I hadn't realized how problematic parking would be in the mountains. Gee, who knew? ^^' At least it was free.

Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.

Arcspiral
05-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.

Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.

I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

Arcspiral
05-25-2018, 08:38 AM

I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.

I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-25-2018, 09:24 AM
@ImTheWiseJanitor (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) did you get tickets after all?

Sure did! GA but it's what I could afford.

aleywwu
05-25-2018, 10:04 AM
For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.

Arcspiral
05-25-2018, 11:00 AM
For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.

You can always Uber or Lyft out there, but you'll still encounter the same trouble with getting out at the end of the night. And a ride from there to downtown would likely run $50+. There are shuttle buses that run up there, but I've never taken one. If you do drive you can always try and park on the streets up to Red Rocks instead of in the parking lot which can save time at the end of the night but if you are able to do that MAKE SURE YOU PARK GOING DOWNHILL! If you pull over for street parking uphill, you won't be able to flip a u-turn to save your life which means you will be waiting for everyone above you to come down.

HighPlainsDrifter
05-25-2018, 11:42 AM

https://rrxshuttles.com/

Krazy
05-25-2018, 11:47 AM

Ha! Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever had an in-person conversation about Ween other than how bad that Pushin Daisies song was- and that was back in the early 90’s I think. They apparently have a thread on here, albeit only 2 pages long.

TheBang
05-25-2018, 12:35 PM
@TheBang (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=176) did you find tickets yet? (again, i am SO, SO fucking sorry man)
I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.

elevenism
05-25-2018, 02:26 PM
I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.
Shit dude, you got better tickets than me

TheBang
05-25-2018, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I know. The benefit (and sometimes curse) of only needing a single ticket.

Bachy
05-29-2018, 09:26 PM
So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?

TheBang
05-30-2018, 01:38 PM
So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?
There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang (https://www.ridebustang.com/south-line) for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.

Bachy
05-30-2018, 03:21 PM
There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang (https://www.ridebustang.com/south-line) for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.

elevenism
06-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.
We are driving too.
I've driven all around the venue though, and I don't understand where in the FUCK everyone is supposed to park.
Are there big parking lots near the amphitheater? Did I just not notice them?
That's very possible, as, like I said, we were driving around because we thought the line for tickets was actually AT red rocks.

m0reta
06-03-2018, 10:24 PM
You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

Just for yoouuuuu, elevenism!

Red Rocks 2014 (https://imgur.com/a/P8YedBG)

elevenism
06-04-2018, 04:06 AM
You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

Just for yoouuuuu, @elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475)!

Red Rocks 2014 (https://imgur.com/a/P8YedBG)word. Thanks.

Hazard
06-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Just got my tickets for both nights. Expensive, but I've always wanted to try this venue and having NIN there is a dream. Now I just have to figure out flights and rooms. aaaaaa I'm thrilled

ryanmcfly
08-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Just booked me and my moms flights. LETS GOOOOOASASDFOASDFOADFKAJDSFAKJDSF

klyrish
08-08-2018, 02:31 PM
There is a surprising number of tickets for the 9/18 show on Stubhub at face price. My concert buddy can't make this show and my wife doesn't want to do two nights in a row...the three of us and another friend are all going on 9/19 but part of me REALLY wants to go to 9/18 as well. I can't decide if it's worth braving Red Rocks by myself for the first night.

sick among the pure
08-09-2018, 12:54 AM
Before I grab a Ticketmaster lawn ticket for the 19th, does anyone have a spare they're looking to unload for a decent price? I'm already set for the 18th so the 19th was going to be my "sit further up and enjoy" night.

klyrish
08-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Before I grab a Ticketmaster lawn ticket for the 19th, does anyone have a spare they're looking to unload for a decent price? I'm already set for the 18th so the 19th was going to be my "sit further up and enjoy" night.
If you haven't checked Craigslist, you should. I got my ticket for 9/18 from a post there earlier today. Most were pricy, though...mine was $135 and that was the lowest I saw (besides obvious scam posts), but it is a reserved seat in row 45.

sick among the pure
08-09-2018, 04:29 PM
If you haven't checked Craigslist, you should. I got my ticket for 9/18 from a post there earlier today. Most were pricy, though...mine was $135 and that was the lowest I saw (besides obvious scam posts), but it is a reserved seat in row 45.

I much prefer giving my money to a fan than a scalper, even if it's the same price.
Edit: stubhub has closer rows for a lower price.

Also wondering, because of the way Red Rocks is set up, is it "your ticket is good for that row, tickets don't have specific seats" kind of situation?

klyrish
08-09-2018, 05:23 PM
I much prefer giving my money to a fan than a scalper, even if it's the same price.
Same. The person I found is a fan who can no longer attend so he sold for what he paid ($135 w/taxes and fees).

Edit: stubhub has closer rows for a lower price.
Did you get to the checkout page? I saw a group of 3 tickets for seats 116, 117, 118 in row 27 or 29 for the 9/18 show for $140/ea and was stoked. When I went through and got to the checkout page, they were ~$194/ea with Stubhub's bullshit tacked on.

Also wondering, because of the way Red Rocks is set up, is it "your ticket is good for that row, tickets don't have specific seats" kind of situation?
My understanding is that GA is something like rows 46-69 (it changes show-to-show and I recall that being the range for NIN) and your ticket says: "Row: General Admission." That's how my physical tickets for 9/19 are and so for that show, we can take any unclaimed spot we want in those rows.

If it says a row and seat number, that is your reserved spot. There aren't actual seats but there are little plaques along the the benches for each "seat" (really "place" is more appropriate) number and the number of seats per row changes depending on where you are because the venue is kind of bean-shaped.

TheBang
08-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Row 47 is the last reserved row for this gig. Everything behind that is the GA section.

I imagine prices will continue to fall as the date gets closer.

Did you get to the checkout page? I saw a group of 3 tickets for seats 116, 117, 118 in row 27 or 29 for the 9/18 show for $140/ea and was stoked. When I went through and got to the checkout page, they were ~$194/ea with Stubhub's bullshit tacked on.
You can use one of the filter options to display prices with estimated fees included.

sick among the pure
08-10-2018, 11:51 PM
And just like that, they're gone. I got my ticket to night 2 for row 25 for $140 after fees on StubHub. It was one of a set of 4 someone had up. I was about to link you guys so I could have ETS members around me, and the other 3 have been snatched up.
I'm nervous as hell about using Flash Seats, especially after the reviews for their app, but I've yet to have any actual problems with mobile tickets.
Shit these shows are just over a month away, I am already getting pre-show anxiety excitement.

Well, I found out why it seemed too good to be true, the seller "made a mistake" and the ticket that I paid for 3 days ago is not available.
The good news is Stub Hub is actually an amazing company and they're giving me a FREE UPGRADE to row 17. AND they're printing and mailing the ticket, so I don't have to deal with fucking Flash Seats. Deleting that app now.

Beejean
08-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Amazing opportunity to sit front row at red rocks (yes, that's Row 1) and keep your conscience clear that you CAN be in ADA seating:
- two mega NIN fans driving from Toronto had a third party unable to make it
- yes, we both have mobility disabilities and need the seating! So you as the 3rd ticket, even without a disability, will not be hassled by the venue.
- row 1 seats 38, 39 and 40 which if you do the math appears to be centre stage

What's the catch?
- since it's ADA seating, you must enter with the original ticket buyer. We cannot send you the ticket.
- since we worked our asses off to get these tickets this one is not at face value. Sorry.

How can you trust us/know this isn't a rip off?
- well first off, we're very obvious. If you're coming to Red Rocks for the show, you'll see us ;)
- we will send you a video with the promise to honour ticket, serving as a verbal contract.
- one of us goes to NIN shows all over North America, and will be at more this year, so that would be a total ass move by a fan, and someone so easy to identify, too.
- go ahead and google why you cannot send/resell ADA tickets like regular tickets (see: court ruling related to scalpers eating these up and people with wheelchairs getting nothing).

When is this???
- Sept. 18. But. We also got what we could for Sept. 19. Which are the other ADA seats alllll the way at the back. Row 70. Selling that ONE ticket at face value... And we have an idea to try and get to row 1 that night. So, if you want to do the row 70 you may end up lucking out.

Looking forward to finding someone who is going to love this once in a lifetime opportunity as much as we will!

sick among the pure
08-22-2018, 12:24 AM
- two mega NIN fans driving from Toronto had a third party unable to make it

You going to be driving past the great lakes up through Canada or coming down at the falls and driving across?

Beejean
08-22-2018, 07:47 AM
You going to be driving past the great lakes up through Canada or coming down at the falls and driving across?

We will be GPSing it, and will choose the quickest way to midpoint Iowa, as we'll need to crash for a night. Why are you asking?

sick among the pure
08-22-2018, 08:46 PM
We will be GPSing it, and will choose the quickest way to midpoint Iowa, as we'll need to crash for a night. Why are you asking?

Wondered if we could get a convoy going, lol. I'll be headed out from south of Buffalo and stopping in Davenport Iowa as a "halfwayish" point.

Beejean
08-27-2018, 11:39 AM
Wondered if we could get a convoy going, lol. I'll be headed out from south of Buffalo and stopping in Davenport Iowa as a "halfwayish" point.

Lol Are you traveling with friends also?

elevenism
08-27-2018, 12:51 PM
It's looking like I'm actually going to be able to go. I don't THINK I'm losing the strong pain med until the beginning of October. Fingers crossed.
I'll be with family but maybe I'll still have time to say whatup to some of y'all.

sick among the pure
08-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Lol Are you traveling with friends also?

Me and my husband. We each drive 5 hours Saturday, sleep break after 10 hours, then we each drive 5 hours again Sunday. Spending the week with a friend who lives in Denver (and is going to night one with us).

elevenism
09-03-2018, 06:22 PM
So it's on! I will still have my meds for the show. We got hotel reservations for a week (as my brother, sister in law, niece, nephew, and about 20 of my friends live in Denver now.)

I was afraid we weren't really gonna get to go, but it looks like we certainly are: even my 60 year old mother, which is really special to me.

aleywwu
09-04-2018, 11:31 AM
*Edit - found a buyer. Looking forward to these shows!

elevenism
09-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Are any of you guys staying at the Residence Inn in North Westminster?
I know it's a longshot, but I thought I would ask just in case.

Mattman840
09-08-2018, 02:05 PM
i'm going to red rocks for the first time as a solo bucket list trip. staying in downtown denver for the 17th and 18th. any advice for red rocks for the first time? should i get there super early and hike around a bit? whats your suggestion for getting to the venue without a car? lyft/uber? any advice would help out. thanks!

TheBang
09-08-2018, 07:05 PM
whats your suggestion for getting to the venue without a car? lyft/uber?
From downtown Denver? That's going to be really expensive, and it's going to be impossible to get a ride back at the end of the show. You really need to consider renting a car. Alternatively, you can book a seat on a shuttle:

klyrish
09-10-2018, 03:36 PM
From downtown Denver? That's going to be really expensive, and it's going to be impossible to get a ride back at the end of the show. You really need to consider renting a car. Alternatively, you can book a seat on a shuttle:

$40 for that shuttle? JEEZ! I know it's a convenience and taking care of a really obnoxious problem, but DAMN.

I'm getting there later on 9/18 so I can just catch the end of J&MC or hopefully get there in time to just catch NIN so I'm hoping the fact I'll be rolling in between 8-8:30pm means I'm near the back of whichever lot I end up getting a spot in so I can power walk back afterwards and get the fuck out ASAP.

TheBang
09-11-2018, 09:24 PM
$40 for that shuttle? JEEZ! I know it's a convenience and taking care of a really obnoxious problem, but DAMN.
I did a Lyft fare estimate, and from downtown Denver, it's about $25 each way, not including traffic. And good luck getting a Lyft for the return trip.

elevenism
09-11-2018, 10:40 PM
i'm going to red rocks for the first time as a solo bucket list trip. staying in downtown denver for the 17th and 18th. any advice for red rocks for the first time? should i get there super early and hike around a bit? whats your suggestion for getting to the venue without a car? lyft/uber? any advice would help out. thanks! dude, yeah. The venue is pretty goddamn far from.downtown. It's up in the mountains basically.

Personally, I would suggest offering to pay someone here for a lift. I would do it but there are already gonna be five of us in our car.

Mattman840
09-12-2018, 01:47 AM
dude, yeah. The venue is pretty goddamn far from.downtown. It's up in the mountains basically.

Personally, I would suggest offering to pay someone here for a lift. I would do it but there are already gonna be five of us in our car.

ya, i think im just going to do the shuttle thing. i don't want to hassle with parking etc, and the pick up spot is close to my hotel, so it works out.

any other pro tips for the venue, or denver a whole? flying in monday afternoon, so i'll have monday and tuesday morning/afternoon to explore before the show

elevenism
09-12-2018, 02:01 AM
ya, i think im just going to do the shuttle thing. i don't want to hassle with parking etc, and the pick up spot is close to my hotel, so it works out.

any other pro tips for the venue, or denver a whole? flying in monday afternoon, so i'll have monday and tuesday morning/afternoon to explore before the show
Not from me: I've only been to Red Rocks once, when we thought that's where the tickets were being sold.
I haven't spent much time in Denver even though my brother lives there. I need to get up there more.

I, too, need protips :/

It looks like it's REALLY fucking tricky to get to the venue from where I'm sitting.

ryanmcfly
09-12-2018, 08:03 AM
PSA: Ticket prices have plummeted on stubhub. Strongly considering going to both nights now.

klyrish
09-12-2018, 09:00 AM
PSA: Ticket prices have plummeted on stubhub. Strongly considering going to both nights now.

FUCK

Welp, now I'm pissed. I really thought prices would increase dramatically the closer we got. Sigh. Basically 1/3 what I paid for my 9/18 ticket a month back. :(

@Mattman840 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=6446) @elevenism (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) not sure where you're staying but if you're going to be right downtown, the 16th Street Mall has a lot of shopping/food options but be aware of rampant, aggressive homeless and even more aggressive Green Peace assholes. For food, if you like Mexican, you must go to D'Corazon. Best Mexican food in LoDo and easily the best carnitas I've ever had.

Tattered Cover bookstore is pretty cool and only a few blocks from D'Corazon.

There are a number of breweries nearby, too, but closer to 20th Street and Park Ave West. If you're feeling adventurous, Broadway can be a lot of fun, especially south Broadway. It's sort of an antiques district with a bunch of those shops, tattoo parlors, and bars/breweries.

17th Ave is sort of the "heart" of Uptown and there are a bunch of great restaurants along there going east toward City Park (which is also pretty cool). Colfax has a ton of stuff going on but it's kind of scuzzy and dirty with a lot of homeless people along it so be wary.

If you want to do a hike, Mt. Falcon isn't that far from the city but I'm not sure that an Uber/Lyft would take you there or pick you up from there. But you get some great views of the city and it feels like you're in the mountains despite barely being outside of the city limits. The Red Rocks grounds are also beautiful with tons of trails to hike on.

Just be sure that no matter what you do, you bring sunscreen and water.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-12-2018, 11:43 AM
Does anyone recommend a good tattoo parlor/artist around Denver?? I may be making a trip to Colorado Springs to get work done by a childhood friend of mine, but if that falls through, I’d rather not have to drive an additional hour away for ink if I don’t have to. NIN tattoo is definitely happening next week in honor of the shows!

Also, for any vinyl collectors not in the know - If you wanna pick up some wax, you MUST go to Twist and Shout. That place is dope, and their stock is even fairly priced, in most cases. It’s a large warehouse-style shop with vinyl, CDs, books, movies, collectibles, all that goodness. I drop by any time I’m in town. It’s actually where I picked up my copy of Bad Witch, and they happened to have free card-stock mini posters of the album cover available with purchase of the album. Great place!

Regarding ticket prices: RR drops to below $50, meanwhile Chicago is still sitting pretty at $160 for the Saturday show. Eesh...fingers crossed for those Thursday and Saturday tickets to drop in price, too, but I hate gambling and holding out until the last minute in hopes for a price drop.

And as someone who’s only been to Red Rocks one time, I can safely say that I can’t stress enough how important it is that you get there early for a good spot in GA, heh. ^^’ With this price drop happening, I see that space filling up even faster now. I’m gonna have to leave KS (the opposite end of KS from CO, mind you) at like 5 am to get to town in a timely manner. Woohoo!

Soma
09-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up! My girl & I just snagged cheap tickets for the first night, so we'll be there both nights! This is fixing up to be an epic vacation.

klyrish
09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Also, for any vinyl collectors not in the know - If you wanna pick up some wax, you MUST go to Twist and Shout. That place is dope, and their stock is even fairly priced, in most cases. It’s a large warehouse-style shop with vinyl, CDs, books, movies, collectibles, all that goodness.

Twist and Shout is the shit! I go there every couple of weeks to pick up new stuff. Their metal/hardcore selection is phenomenal--for CDs at least.

Angelo's CDs and More also has a location on Colfax and their prices/selection is on par with T&S, it's much closer to downtown though (Colfax & Ogden, vs. Colfax & York...actually a block or two east of York for Twist and Shout).

Soma
09-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Might check out Twist + Shout. Originally planned on hitting up Wax Trax while we're in town. I figured the electro/industrial history there would be fitting for a NIN vacation.

TheBang
09-12-2018, 02:28 PM
If you want nerdy things to do, Denver features one of the largest comic book shops in the world:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/stores/jason.html

And, one of only three U.S. Mint locations:

https://www.usmint.gov/about/mint-tours-facilities/denver/visiting-the-denver-mint

elevenism
09-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Hahaha, fun fact @klyrish (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1311) , one of my very best lifelong friends is one of those 16th street homeless people. We grew up together in Dallas and have known each other for 25 years; he fucking lost his mind when his wife died a few years ago.

Sadly, he's THE best musician I've ever known. I've visited him up there and will be visiting him this time too. I think he's playing a mandolin these days and he definitely plays piano too. If you come across a charismatic dred headed white dude named Aramis busking at 16th st, give my man a dollar, the poor bastard. :)

But yeah we're staying at a hotel in North Westminster right by my kid bro and cousin's houses in Federal Heights

klyrish
09-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Hahaha, fun fact @klyrish (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1311) , one of my very best lifelong friends is one of those 16th street homeless people. We grew up together in Dallas and have known each other for 25 years; he fucking lost his mind when his wife died a few years ago.

Sadly, he's THE best musician I've ever known. I've visited him up there and will be visiting him this time too. I think he's playing a mandolin these days and he definitely plays piano too. If you come across a charismatic dred headed white dude named Aramis busking at 16th st, give my man a dollar, the poor bastard. :)

Damn, that's rough. In the unlikely event I'm on the Mall again in the next 6 months, I'll keep an eye out. :)

But yeah we're staying at a hotel in North Westminster right by my kid bro and cousin's houses in Federal Heights

Gotcha. You're not THAT far from Boulder at that point...and you're past the worst traffic bottlenecks on 25 (Santa Fe and right near Mile High for some reason) so getting there wouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes. Fort Collins and Loveland are a bit further and straight up 25--both of which have cool small-town downtown areas.

Or you could just hit up a dispensary and see where the weed takes you...

sick among the pure
09-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Hitting the road first thing in the morning, spending a week in Denver (going both nights). If sometime over next week you see a short guy with a mohawk, goatee and either NIN shirt or tanktop with NIN tattoos showing, say hi.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Hitting the road first thing in the morning, spending a week in Denver (going both nights). If sometime over next week you see a short guy with a mohawk, goatee and either NIN shirt or tanktop with NIN tattoos showing, say hi.

I will also be in Denver for a week! I’m not leaving until Tuesday morning at the ass-crack of dawn, though. Luckily, my air bnb is literally down the road from Red Rocks, so as long as I can stick to schedule, getting there in time for the show shouldn’t be an issue.

Fun fact: I’m missing my 10 year high school reunion for this trip, but if we’re heing honest, I’m pretty comfortable with that. *shrug* Not my fault the former class president scheduled it for the same week, heh. Sorry, dudes.

elevenism
09-15-2018, 02:29 PM
ImTheWiseJanitor and sickamongthepure , I'm leaving tomorrow and will be there for a week. Shiiiiiiit. We otter meet up! I mean hell, at least for a trial period of like 30 minutes or some shit: we could agree to bounce with no hard feelings if we don't get along.
But I strongly doubt that would happen.

elevenism
09-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Damn, that's rough. In the unlikely event I'm on the Mall again in the next 6 months, I'll keep an eye out. :)

Gotcha. You're not THAT far from Boulder at that point...and you're past the worst traffic bottlenecks on 25 (Santa Fe and right near Mile High for some reason) so getting there wouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes. Fort Collins and Loveland are a bit further and straight up 25--both of which have cool small-town downtown areas.

Or you could just hit up a dispensary and see where the weed takes you...
Unfortunately weed gets me WAY too high, oddly enough.
I'm an opiate and benzo man,and they are both prescribed to me.

themethatyouknow
09-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Not from me: I've only been to Red Rocks once, when we thought that's where the tickets were being sold.
I haven't spent much time in Denver even though my brother lives there. I need to get up there more.

I, too, need protips :/

It looks like it's REALLY fucking tricky to get to the venue from where I'm sitting.
Mattman840 if you're in downtown Monday night, Comedy Works is considered by many(Craig Ferguson, Joe Rogan, Chris Hardwick etc) to be one of if not the best comedy club in America. They have a "new talent" night on Mondays that's cheap, though I can't vouch for the talent that particular night. Aside from Red Rocks itself, that's Denver's best must see venue.
elevenism If you like Indian/Nepalese food, your hotel looks like it's right across Highway 36 from Yak and Yeti. They've got the best food in a state with a large Nepalese population.
If you're here for a full week, I'd recommend taking one day to head up the turnpike to Boulder and beyond to either Estes Park or Nederland. IT shouldn't be too hard to get to Red Rocks from where you're at. Just follow the highways. 36 to 25 to 76 to 70. Sounds like a lot, but if you're on google maps, you'll see that they're just the logical progression from one to the next until you get there, and you should miss Downtown traffic entirely.

elevenism
09-16-2018, 11:32 AM
I really appreciate it, @themethatyouknow (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=105) . I need to get off my ass more and go up there; my brother and his wife and kids have lived there for like almost four years, and it's only like 5.5 hours from where I live, but I've only visited twice. I'm looking to turn that around.

So are you guys starting to get hyped up yet?!? @ImTheWiseJanitor (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) ? @sickamongthepure (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5418) ? @Bachy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3010) ? sick among the pure ? Krazy ?

Alrea, I haven't seen nin since that show in OK back when you were still @Alrea and I was still @eleven11 .
Ten fucking years!

I'm all manic and shit. I didn't sleep. We're heading out in a few hours. :)

Krazy
09-16-2018, 12:53 PM
I really appreciate it, @themethatyouknow (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=105) . I need to get off my ass more and go up there; my brother and his wife and kids have lived there for like almost four years, and it's only like 5.5 hours from where I live, but I've only visited twice. I'm looking to turn that around.

So are you guys starting to get hyped up yet?!? @ImTheWiseJanitor (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) ? @sickamongthepure (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5418) ? @Bachy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3010) ? @sick among the pure (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=266) ? @Krazy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143) ?

Alrea, I haven't seen nin since that show in OK back when you were still @Alrea and I was still @eleven11 .
Ten fucking years!

i decided not to do Red Rocks- would’ve had to take three days off work in the middle of a work week. I did manage to get a work trip around the Phoenix shows so attended both and they did not disappoint.

Really wish I was going to these two shows, especially after the two Phoenix nights. Have fun kids, and safe travels.

sick among the pure
09-16-2018, 01:23 PM
Do we know exact set times for Red Rocks? Does the venue have a curfew or anything?

elevenism
09-16-2018, 01:24 PM
i decided not to do Red Rocks- would’ve had to take three days off work in the middle of a work week. I did manage to get a work trip around the Phoenix shows so attended both and they did not disappoint.

Really wish I was going to these two shows, especially after the two Phoenix nights. Have fun kids, and safe travels.Ah, hell.
Well at least you got to see that incredible setlist!

elevenism
09-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Edit:
Hot damn!
So the wife and I DID manage to get tickets for tuesday, so now we're going to both shows.

This feels like a "once in a lifetime" special type of thing to me and I just can't believe it!

Bachy
09-16-2018, 10:47 PM

So are you guys starting to get hyped up yet?!? @ImTheWiseJanitor (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) ? @sickamongthepure (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5418) ? @Bachy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3010) ? @sick among the pure (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=266) ? @Krazy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143) ?

Ten fucking years!

This will be my overall tenth time seeing NIN live. I’ve managed to avoid any spoilers for this tour thus far. I can’t wait to see what Trent has in store. I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN. Should be quite the show.

elevenism
09-16-2018, 11:06 PM
This will be my overall tenth time seeing NIN live. I’ve managed to avoid any spoilers for this tour thus far. I can’t wait to see what Trent has in store. I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN. Should be quite the show.

Hell yes!
These will be my fifth and sixth NIN shows, but also my first time seeing them since 08.

A couple of weeks ago I didn't think we would actually get to go to ONE night. The fact that I just found out a few hours ago that we 're going to both has got me so ridiculously excited that I can't sleep.

Oh and hey, ImTheWiseJanitor , my brother has an incredible tattoo artist he uses in denver; I will get his name and show you his work as soon as I can.

Krazy
09-16-2018, 11:18 PM
. I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN.

I’d go see Nickelback play Red Rocks.

Seriously though, by far and away my favorite venue. Post up your reviews of the place itself, and don’t forget to visit the small museum. Also if you’re arriving into the area the day before the show try to make into Red Rocks. It’s all accessible, even the stage. You can seriously just walk right on it. There will be runners going up and down the steps getting their work out in. And for those that aren’t used to high altitudes, yes it takes a bit more out of you.

sick among the pure
09-17-2018, 03:32 AM

Seriously though, by far and away my favorite venue. Post up your reviews of the place itself, and don’t forget to visit the small museum. Also if you’re arriving into the area the day before the show try to make into Red Rocks. It’s all accessible, even the stage. You can seriously just walk right on it. There will be runners going up and down the steps getting their work out in. And for those that aren’t used to high altitudes, yes it takes a bit more out of you.

Got in not too long ago, if I’m not dead tired from the drive that sounds amazing. Stand on the stage and look out on the day before the show? That sounds awesome!

klyrish
09-17-2018, 07:07 AM
Do we know exact set times for Red Rocks? Does the venue have a curfew or anything?
Hmmm...all I could find about a curfew is this article from 2015:
http://www.cpr.org/news/story/new-noise-rules-2015-red-rocks

11:45pm on weeknights. That's promising. :D

And in Phoenix, NIN was on at 9:15 or so. I'd assume that holds for these shows as well. Hopefully with the longer curfew we got longer shows!

Hazard
09-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Checking in again. Got our flight from KC to Den headed out this evening! Tickets for both nights- seats then GA, this is like a major bucket list type item for me. Not just Red Rocks, but NIN at Red Rocks! I think this will be show 8 & 9 for me?

No hotel for tonight- any recommendations where to stay?

Got a rental car.
A little worried our tickets are that flash seating through that app/AXS so I hope that works but I'm sure this big venue has that worked out.

I still need to pack, I have so much to do at work for this week. I hope we can enjoy Denver and not just work the whole time. Hope to see some of you all there!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Walking from my car uphill all the way to the venue for Gorillaz wiped my ass OUT. I get used to high altitudes quickly and I’m not in particularly bad shape either. Those slopes don’t fuck around if you’re on foot. But it’s crazy how you can just go there during the day. They even have yoga sessions where everyone brings their mats to the stands and sets up and does their thing. Very cool place.

elevenism
09-17-2018, 12:52 PM
So who all has GA for tomorrow night? You guys wanna try to sit together?

edit: i ask this because, as you guys know if you read my posts, i have TERRIBLE fucking anxiety including social anxiety.

I WOULD try to arrange a Denver meet-up were it not for the anxiety issue.

But sitting together and talking a little: that i know i could handle.

THAT BEING SAID

if you guys wind up doing a meet-up, DO hit me up. i MIGHT come, depending on how i'm feeling.

I promise i'm not as annoying or crazy IRL as my internet persona might lead you to believe: i get manic, i post weird shit, i drive people crazy, fucking paranoia sets in...
i'm not that way in meatspace. i'm actually usually pretty fucking laid back.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-17-2018, 08:56 PM
^ No idea what time I’m getting there for sure, but I’d be down for whatever! If nothing else there’s always after the shows or whenever anyone else is free. I’d be down to meet some of you too! Even if it ends up being coincidental. I know I personally won’t have a lot of phone time until I get to my air bnb, but with all of us here for the week I’m sure we can figure something out. If not, there’s always the unspoken camaraderie of seeing what will inevitably be an incredible show/shows together and splurging our feelings here afterward.

Money’s gonna be a little tight until I get all the merch I plan on getting, but money and time allowing, I’d be up for a meetup elsewhere, too! Ya know, drinks or something.

I’m doing all my packing now. Then I’m gonna clean up my scruffy-ass face and shave my head and pass out, so tomorrow - be on the lookout for the bald, bearded dude in the red Demon Seed t-shirt! IT IS FINALLY UPON US!

magnolia
09-18-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm so jealous of all of you going tonight! Red Rocks is a bucket list thing for me, too, and seeing NIN there would just be perfect. But I couldn't make these dates work out. I hope you all have an amazing time, and that they play a killer set list full of surprises tonight!

klyrish
09-18-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm going to be by myself tonight in row 45, seat 147 (right near the end/aisle) and will be wearing a light gray baseball cap with a NIN patch in the middle of it along with a black "TED CRUZ IS THE ZODIAC KILLER" shirt on. Say hi if you happen to be walking by and see me!

Rubeninphoenix
09-18-2018, 04:21 PM
What magnolia said. I'm so insanely jealous of those of you attending tonight and/or tomorrow's show. Hope your setlists are just as great as they were for me and as always, please post plenty of merch booth pics (focusing primarily on the poster for tonight and tomorrow lol).

luckybug3
09-18-2018, 06:48 PM
I have two extra tickets to the show tonight if anyone wants them. I can't go- so bummed. 36th row center. Will transfer to you. I don't want them to go to waste.

klyrish
09-18-2018, 07:17 PM
I have two extra tickets to the show tonight if anyone wants them. I can't go- so bummed. 36th row center. Will transfer to you. I don't want them to go to waste.
Sent you a message

sick among the pure
09-18-2018, 07:21 PM
God this venue is beautiful!

klyrish
09-18-2018, 07:21 PM
God this venue is beautiful!
Just wait until the sun goes down a bit more. Seeing Denver open up behind the stage at dusk is incredible!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-18-2018, 07:49 PM
I’m in traffic on my way up the mountain now! If you see a bearded guy driving a Kia Soul plastered with Night Vale and Metal Gear stickers with a NIN decal, that’s me! I’ll be seeing y’all there!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Holy Christ, this merch line. At this rate I’ll be lucky if there’s anything left by the time I get up there. By the way, I’m in shorts, Demon Seed t-shirt, black and red checkered/plaid overshirt, bald, black beard, sweat brown hat, heh.

That being said, if someone up front wants to grab me a show poster, I can literally PayPal you RIGHT now. And a drink. Because that thing looks dope.

klyrish
09-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Holy Christ, this merch line. At this rate I’ll be lucky if there’s anything left by the time I get up there. By the way, I’m in shorts, Demon Seed t-shirt, black and red checkered/plaid overshirt, bald, black beard, sweat brown hat, heh.

That being said, if someone up front wants to grab me a show poster, I can literally PayPal you RIGHT now. And a drink. Because that thing looks dope.Dude, I got in about 15 minutes ago and immediately got into that mass of idiots. Five people squeezed in ahead of me and two people in front of me got the last poster. I'm so fucking pissed.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Somewhat Damaged!

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:21 PM
TDTWWA!

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:25 PM

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:29 PM
Less Than

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Motp

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Sanctified

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:43 PM
The Lovers

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:46 PM
Me, I'm Not

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Shit Mirror

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Ahead OF Ourselves

klyrish
09-18-2018, 10:58 PM
God Break Down the Door

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Suck

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Reptile

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:15 PM
Gave Up

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:20 PM
The Great Destroyer

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Burning Bright

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:30 PM
Wish

klyrish
09-18-2018, 11:34 PM
HLAH

Ribbitman
09-18-2018, 11:46 PM
Oh my god the perfect drug

AThousandDaysBefore
09-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Woooooooooow
Now I want 10 dates for Mexico!!!
Please trentcito

m0reta
09-19-2018, 12:06 AM
You are the mang, klyrish!! Glad you all got such an awesome setlist. :-)

Ribbitman
09-19-2018, 12:10 AM
Anyone know what he said during his 2 speechs? And right before they played TPD?

klyrish
09-19-2018, 12:55 AM
You are the mang, @klyrish (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1311)!! Glad you all got such an awesome setlist. :-)
:D

I thought I was in the tour spoilers thread. Tapatalk kind of sucks...

klyrish
09-19-2018, 12:56 AM
Anyone know what he said during his 2 speechs? And right before they played TPD?
He thanked the crowd a few times, said there was nowhere else they'd rather be, he said after Reptile that sometimes he gets emotional and kind of sad but it was hard to hear about what. Not sure about TPD

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 12:57 AM

I know that one of them was reflecting on the last time the band was at Red Rocks with Soundgarden. At another point he said something after “Reptile” about how he loves that he can still play songs like that to this day and can just feel the anger inside of everyone in the crowd. And that they wouldn’t rather be at any other place in the world tonight, the usual. :p But to his credit, this venue IS a favorite for musicians all over the world.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 01:19 AM
I know that one of them was reflecting on the last time the band was at Red Rocks with Soundgarden. At another point he said something after “Reptile” about how he loves that he can still play songs like that to this day and can just feel the anger inside of everyone in the crowd. And that they wouldn’t rather be at any other place in the world tonight, the usual. :p But to his credit, this venue IS a favorite for musicians all over the world.
Ah yes, that's what it was! Reptile was heavy as FUCK tonight.

Holy shit, I'm exhausted but I can't go to bed. I am so fucking amped up. I cannot believe this night happened and I cannot wait to see tomorrow night.

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 01:21 AM
First one he said there was nowhere in the world they'd rather be than right here with us right now. Then "Here's something new".

Second he was talking about how this afternoon he was caught up thinking about how the last time he was here it was with SoundGarden(implication Chris Cornell), and how after that, it felt good to play something heavy and angry(after the best version of Reptile I've ever seen them play).

Hazard
09-19-2018, 02:41 AM
The.Perfect.Drug.

elevenism
09-19-2018, 03:47 AM
Hitting the road first thing in the morning, spending a week in Denver (going both nights). If sometime over next week you see a short guy with a mohawk, goatee and either NIN shirt or tanktop with NIN tattoos showing, say hi.fuck!
I wish I'd seen this earlier.
I'm pretty damn sure I saw you.

ekrekel
09-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Had a buddy tell me the foil was only at the bottom entrance merch booth. Of course that doesn't mean they'll do it again tonight but just throwing it out there for the foil seekers.

Good luck out there tonight, save some cool surprises for Texas.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 08:45 AM
Had a buddy tell me the foil was only at the bottom entrance merch booth. Of course that doesn't mean they'll do it again tonight but just throwing it out there for the foil seekers.

Good luck out there tonight, save some cool surprises for Texas.

I did like the show poster, and the foil one was available by the time I got up to the table, but it didn’t grab me enough to justify dropping $100 on it. We’ll see how tonight's design is! Hopefully they actually have a line at the smaller one tonight and not a mass of people and exclusively help those who shoved their way to the front of the line.

This fucker next to me! I cut him off with my arm after he just pushed his way to the front, next to me at the table, and I was like “sorry man, but -“ and he goes “whoa, no, it’s cool dude, we’re all dealing with the same shit,” and then got his shit before me! That was just plain rude! I got what I wanted, but damn. You knew I was there before you and still just butt your way in. /salt

Kid A
09-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Did anyone hear their soundcheck?

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 01:45 PM
If anyone has any leads on a cheap ticket for tonight, Please let me know. Wasn't planning on going to both, but after last night...

Edit: Looks like I'm going. If anyone is still looking, if you've never used seatgeek, the promo code "herd" will get you $20 off your first purchase with them. I got GA, so if any ETS people are also going GA and want to sit together, I'm down to meet there. I'll probably try to get there by 6 to get a decent seat. Maybe earlier.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 03:24 PM
The venue just released a few tickets. GET EM WHILE YOU CAN.

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Scattered thunderstorms are supposed to start at 11pm. We're going to be cutting it close.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Scattered thunderstorms are supposed to start at 11pm. We're going to be cutting it close.Yeah, the forecast keeps changing. I'm seeing high percentages around 5-7 and then again after 11. Hopefully it holds until after 11...

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 04:40 PM
I almost HOPE it rains. And if it rains, I hope some of the crowd thins out because they're willing to let something like (hopefully) mild rain stop them from seeing NIN play at Red Rocks. How beautiful would it be if it rained even at the end of the set? "Hurt" being performed in the rain at Red Rocks? Dude, that'd be fucking stellar.

Eating some food now, gonna leave in the next hour or so, stop at a dispensary on the way, then head to the venue!

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Eating some food now, gonna leave in the next hour or so, stop at a dispensary on the way, then head to the venue!

Similar plan, except if my friend doesn’t wake up before I head up to the Rocks I won’t be stopping at a dispensary until after the show.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 05:16 PM
If I were to have a GA ticket available for tonight's show for dirt cheap, would anyone be interested? If so, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up and make it happen for you. It's a physical ticket, so trying to sell it online right now would be a bit of a hassle.

Zimbo
09-19-2018, 05:21 PM
God last night was sooo good.

I am so excited for round two.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 05:28 PM
If I were to have a GA ticket available for tonight's show for dirt cheap, would anyone be interested? If so, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up and make it happen for you. It's a physical ticket, so trying to sell it online right now would be a bit of a hassle.

Quoted for new page!

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
I’ve seen 2 lightning strikes so far. Eating dinner now, then I’ll be up. Anyone at the venue yet?

klyrish
09-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Wife and I are at Red Rocks Grill in Morrison. That rain was intense to drive through! We'll be up there a little after 6 I'm guessing.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 06:32 PM
I just got here. Parking is still wide open, they’re longing the roads before they start filling the lot. Rain is pretty light, but MAN, was it heavy for like 20 minutes there. Windy as hell, too. Hope everyone gets here safe! And that our shit isn’t cancelled or postponed! ^^’

Edit: The wind is unreal right now! I’m parked and my car is just getting jostled like crazy.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 06:57 PM
I use the Weather Underground app and it's shockingly accurate, especially here in CO. Good chance of the thunderstorms continuing through 8pm now. :(

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Lined up to get in now. Is anyone inside yet? How much is the GA filling up?

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 07:10 PM
I’m in line! Can’t miss me, bearded and bald and wearing a bright yellow “Thistle” hat and a white NIN shirt.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Google maps has me at 10 minutes out. I’ll be the short guy in very early 2000’s Hot Topic style combat boots, camo shorts, olive green military-style jacket with AIR flag and Add Violence patches, “used to stand for something” shirt, short Mohawk and goatee.

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 07:30 PM
I’m in line! Can’t miss me, bearded and bald and wearing a bright yellow “Thistle” hat and a white NIN shirt. didn't see you. Might have been a different line. I managed to get third row of GA just right of center. I'm the guy in an olive green shirt and light shorts.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 07:34 PM
Merch line! Then maybe a drink and off to GA. I’ll keep an eye out!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Set times adjusted for weather! JMC at 7 and NIN at 8!

klyrish
09-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Row 53, seat 61. Lots of space open still

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 07:45 PM
1000000% buying a foil poster.

JUST KIDDING THEY’RE ONLY AT THE LOWER BOOTH. *eyeroll*

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Yeah, the first group's gear isn't on the stage. Going straight to Jesus and Mary chain.

sick among the pure
09-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Wonder if we will get a longer set...
glad I got here early enough for everyone yesterday.

klyrish
09-19-2018, 08:19 PM
They skipped Tobacco and are ending an hour early because of weather

klyrish
09-19-2018, 08:29 PM
JMAC is playing their last song now. I'm guessing NIN at 8pm.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Row 30! Big ups to elevenism for the hookup! As unfortunate as the circumstances that allow it are.

ANY MINUTE NOW.

Hazard
09-19-2018, 09:12 PM
WoW! Nice! I’m in GA tonight ill be the one dancing and singing along to wverything

smoke machines starting omg here we go

themethatyouknow
09-19-2018, 09:12 PM
Been over 40 mins since JMC finished. Wondering what the holdup is.