PDA

View Full Version : 2018.10.19-20 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

TheBang
05-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Presale on Sat., May 19.

Fadeout54321
05-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Called the Wang. Here is the run down for ticket location and pricing. There is no General Admission for these shows, the woman i spoke with confirmed this.

$250 Rows 1-2
$225 Rows 3-4
$175 Rows 5-6
$150 Orchestra A-B
$125 Orchestra C-O
$95 Orchestra P-EE
$79.50 Box

I didn't get the information on anything on the second level other than the top 4 or 5 rows were $49.50. The other tickets on the upper level will fall in line incrementally and the Mezzanine i think she said was $75 but i didn't write that one down.

bobbie solo
05-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Those prices are gross.

FULLMETAL
05-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Here's the seating chart since it appears there won't be a general admission PIT.
http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ny2/56006s.gif

Motherfuck those ticket prices.

zaps30
05-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Ouch. Presale has clusterfuck written all over it. If I go up there, I'm not doing it for just one show...those prices though.

millionmilesaway
05-10-2018, 04:13 PM
With a combination of not being able to make a physical presale and the prices I'm thinking this tour is a no go for me. :( I paid $99 for front row during wave goodbye, nothing will compare to those tickets

otnavuskire
05-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Called the Wang. Here is the run down for ticket location and pricing. There is no General Admission for these shows, the woman i spoke with confirmed this.

$250 Rows 1-2
$225 Rows 3-4
$175 Rows 5-6
$150 Orchestra A-B
$125 Orchestra C-O
$95 Orchestra P-EE
$79.50 Box

I didn't get the information on anything on the second level other than the top 4 or 5 rows were $49.50. The other tickets on the upper level will fall in line incrementally and the Mezzanine i think she said was $75 but i didn't write that one down.

Haha, you must be the person my friend and I are getting tickets for. Hi!

Fadeout54321
05-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Haha, you must be the person my friend and I are getting tickets for. Hi!

Awesome! I was kind of surprised he wasn't on this forum based on the conversations he and I had about nin in the past. So I don't put his name out there would it be appropriate to call him "Mr Wizard"?

otnavuskire
05-11-2018, 05:11 AM
Awesome! I was kind of surprised he wasn't on this forum based on the conversations he and I had about nin in the past. So I don't put his name out there would it be appropriate to call him "Mr Wizard"?

Yup, that's him. He and I have been going to see shows together for a long time.

Fadeout54321
05-11-2018, 05:37 AM
Yup, that's him. He and I have been going to see shows together for a long time.
Yah he said. You guys are saving my ass big time!!! I am going to Chicago for work and thought I was fucked for the presale. My only 2 friends who would maybe do it both wouldn't do it. Then i was thinking Mr Wizard is a big nin fan maybe he cane help. Thus is history. You guys are the best!!!

otnavuskire
05-11-2018, 05:44 AM
Yah he said. You guys are saving my ass big time!!! I am going to Chicago for work and thought I was fucked for the presale. My only 2 friends who would maybe do it both wouldn't do it. Then i was thinking Mr Wizard is a big nin fan maybe he cane help. Thus is history. You guys are the best!!!

No problem! We plan to get there at 8. Hopefully it's not already insane by then.

sentient
05-11-2018, 06:25 AM
3 and a half hour drive for me from VT. I'm doing this.

GulDukat
05-11-2018, 06:37 AM
I'm going to try to go to both shows. Going for the mid-range seats. Hope to be in Boston by 8:00 for the box office.

Side note: If you go to this show, I recommend going to Jacob Wirth (German restaurant) for dinner. Get the Wiener Schnitzel, ftw.

otnavuskire
05-11-2018, 06:54 AM
3 and a half hour drive for me from VT. I'm doing this.

Me too!

CRIMinal
05-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Those prices are painful, but I will still be there at 8AM. I just don't want to be in the nose bleed section.

zaps30
05-11-2018, 08:32 PM
So, what the cheapest / best parking there? Tufts seems like the most convenient, but it's likely to be around $30.

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/About-Us/Locations-and-Directions/Campus-Buildings-Maps/Parking

otnavuskire
05-11-2018, 08:39 PM
So, what the cheapest / best parking there? Tufts seems like the most convenient, but it's likely to be around $30.

I stay with family in Concord, MA when I'm down there. When I go to the city, I drive to the Alewife T station, park in the garage there, and take the T in. It's much cheaper than parking in the city, and you don't have to drive in the city. Fuck driving in Boston.

bgalbraith
05-11-2018, 11:23 PM
I also plan to be there around 8am. If you can’t take the T, there are a few different places to park around there, including the lot under the Boston Common.

There are also a few different places to hang out near there before the 8am lineup time if you get in extra early.

killer
05-11-2018, 11:33 PM
I will be unable to line up on 5/19 because I will be out of the country. If anyone is able to pick up 1-3 tickets for either or both of these shows, please hit me up. Thank you!

malamoney
05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
What time are people planning to lineup for this?

malamoney
05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
I tried to call to confirm this, but I cannot get a human being on the phone. Are you certain about this? I'd love to sit up close, but that's a lot of cash money. Not to mention I'm sure the scalpers are already lined up to purchase the first ten rows. And then some...

$250 Rows 1-2
$225 Rows 3-4
$175 Rows 5-6
$150 Orchestra A-B
$125 Orchestra C-O
$95 Orchestra P-EE
$79.50 Box

Fadeout54321
05-14-2018, 01:39 PM
I tried to call to confirm this, but I cannot get a human being on the phone. Are you certain about this? I'd love to sit up close, but that's a lot of cash money. Not to mention I'm sure the scalpers are already lined up to purchase the first ten rows. And then some...

100%. Call the number for the Wang and press option 4 for group sales. Someone will answer and they have the information available.

malamoney
05-14-2018, 04:50 PM
I tried that earlier figuring they'd surely answer the group sales number. But they didn't. Now the question is, what time do we have to get there to still be able to get a $250 ticket?

100%. Call the number for the Wang and press option 4 for group sales. Someone will answer and they have the information available.

zaps30
05-14-2018, 09:11 PM
No clue. I'm not sure how they're going to be handling people lining up or trying to lineup before 8. I'm hoping this works out OK, but I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing. I'm just shooting for two tickets to both shows. I really don't care where they are though. It's a small enough venue that any seat will be good one IMHO. That's just me though.

CRIMinal
05-15-2018, 06:21 AM
I'm going to try to get down there by 7:45 or so. My wife is just shaking her head on this whole thing and wishing me luck as she stays in bed. I am hoping to get two tickets for each show in the Mezzanine.

otnavuskire
05-15-2018, 08:15 AM
Current weather forecast for Saturday is raining with a high temp of 55. That should make it interesting.

ScreamingSlave
05-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Theatre is not taking calls about pricing or seats group sales just refused to give me any information and sounded very frustrated as soon as i said i needed nin info for seating and pricing areas and stated the box office has no phone you have to go In person to ask a question which is completely stupid. Did anyone truly confirm there is no GA pit for boch ? I have pit tix for another show there in October so I'm kind of surprised NIN doesn't have it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fadeout54321
05-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Theatre is not taking calls about pricing or seats group sales just refused to give me any information and sounded very frustrated as soon as i said i needed nin info for seating and pricing areas and stated the box office has no phone you have to go In person to ask a question which is completely stupid. Did anyone truly confirm there is no GA pit for boch ? I have pit tix for another show there in October so I'm kind of surprised NIN doesn't have it?

I confirmed that there was no GA. I called the day that the tour was officially announced and got the details you see in the second post of this thread. The woman was very nice. My guess is at that time i was the first person to call asking about the show. There are probably a lot of people calling now asking questions now and it's starting to bug them.

klang
05-15-2018, 12:20 PM

I can also confirm no GA- I emailed the theater to ask about it and this was their response:

"Hi Katie –
Nine Inch Nails at the Wang Theatre will be a seated only concert, no general admission area. I hope you enjoy the show and your first time at the Wang Theatre!"

malamoney
05-15-2018, 01:55 PM
I am really hoping they put the buyer's name on the tickets and require identification to enter.

theimage13
05-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Seated theater show, huh? Hello, quiet evening with NIN.

Of course, I'm only kidding. Right?

otnavuskire
05-15-2018, 02:39 PM
I am really hoping they put the buyer's name on the tickets and require identification to enter.

I don't see this happening. It would have been advertised by now.

zaps30
05-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Lots of phone calls, eh? I'm soooo looking forward to this lol. I'll be glad when this is over.

bgalbraith
05-16-2018, 10:53 PM
The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-listing/nine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.

TinDefacto
05-17-2018, 08:39 AM
The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-listing/nine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.
Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.

bgalbraith
05-17-2018, 08:47 AM
Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.

The one time I happened to turn the radio in forever I heard a spot for it: http://alt929boston.com/event/nine-inch-nails-box-office-pre-sale-event/

malamoney
05-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Radio stations getting tickets while we all have to wait is total bullshit. They better have mid to shitty seats...

zero
05-17-2018, 10:24 PM
It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!

-z-

GulDukat
05-18-2018, 05:39 AM
I'm going via the MBTA, which opens around 6:00 am, so I hope to be there by 7:30-ish. It's a nice theatre and bigger than the Orpheum, where they played in 2005--sold out in about five minutes, but that was via ticketbastard where you could get tix at any chain.

GulDukat
05-18-2018, 05:46 AM
I can also confirm no GA- I emailed the theater to ask about it and this was their response:

"Hi Katie –
Nine Inch Nails at the Wang Theatre will be a seated only concert, no general admission area. I hope you enjoy the show and your first time at the Wang Theatre!"The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.

otnavuskire
05-18-2018, 05:57 AM
The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.

The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.

GulDukat
05-18-2018, 06:25 AM
The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.Yeah? I didn't know that. Saw Alice Cooper and Book of Mormon there, just assumed it was always assigned seating.

How long do you expect the line to be by 8-ish? Haven't done this kind of thing since Clinton was in office.

TinDefacto
05-18-2018, 08:29 AM
I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

</looking for excuses to sleep in>

malamoney
05-18-2018, 10:48 AM
I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

I'd get there before 10am. Not sure how much, but if you just want decent seats, I can't imagine that wouldn't be possible...

bgalbraith
05-18-2018, 03:14 PM

Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.

malamoney
05-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.

I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...

DRanged691
05-18-2018, 08:09 PM
I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...

Scalpers are definitely a concern. Not sure how early they will be willing to get there.

slammy79
05-18-2018, 10:29 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. I'm the one with short navy blue hair wearing the dissonance shirt.

Likely getting to the area around 6:45-7:00. Is there an ETS bat signal?

slammy79
05-18-2018, 10:36 PM

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/About-Us/Locations-and-Directions/Campus-Buildings-Maps/Parking

I'm planning to park in the Tufts garage, but it might be slightly cheaper to park at one of the garages around the corner on Stuart Street. Those are 4-5 min walk from the theater.

slammy79
05-18-2018, 10:40 PM
It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!

-z-

Yup. That DD is my first stop after parking tomorrow. See you in roughly 7 hours! :D

GulDukat
05-18-2018, 10:41 PM
I'm glad that the Longfellow Bridge will be open. Otherwise it's a huge pain in the ass to take the shuttle--an extra 30 to 45 minutes.

sinspots
05-18-2018, 11:16 PM
I could get seats in New Orleans, both nights. Willing to trade (2 tix) for same (2 tix) in Boston. Can trade in person in Vegas, if you'll be there.

otnavuskire
05-19-2018, 05:45 AM
Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 06:04 AM

Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akamuaka
05-19-2018, 06:20 AM

Ugh. Will be getting there in about 30 mins...

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Math time!
I like you.

That is not fair. I'll be on my way shortly. I guess at this point I just hope I'm out of there by noon when the rain's supposed to hit...

CRIMinal
05-19-2018, 06:42 AM
The line is stupid long already.

slammy79
05-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.

*waves* I’m near the stage doors, near a tall gentleman in a flannel.

akamuaka
05-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Just arrived... OMG line is stupidly long... Hahaha

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 07:15 AM
This is ABSURD. I was like oh, this doesn't seem too bad, then followed the line to find the end... and kept following... and kept following... I suck at estimates but it feels like there may be near 1000 people here, no?

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 07:29 AM
They are giving out wristbands and having people wait in the theater. I’m 171, and got here about 7ish

slammy79
05-19-2018, 07:36 AM
6:45 and I’m 140th. Um. Guys. There’s a table here...you can listen to Bad Witch, in its entirety.

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 07:43 AM
They have location-specific physical world shirts and posters. The posters are limited and numbered.

klang
05-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Were those goodies at the tables right when we came in? looked like just radio stations when we passed

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 08:02 AM
Were those goodies at the tables right when we came in? looked like just radio stations when we passed

Yes, first table right be the entrance.

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 08:06 AM
The radio station is playing appropriate music and it’s not too loud where I am. But they also have a large cut-out head of Trent they want you to pose with along with their logo...

slammy79
05-19-2018, 08:08 AM
Spoilers below, if you’re sensitive about finding out what’s happening inside the Wang right now.

The merch table comes first, once you’re through the vestibule. Then there’s two radio station tables. You’ve got to loop the mezzanine, come back down the stairs, and opposite the radio stations is a nondescript table with a black box on it and a bunch of headphones. I only listened to a few tracks.

klang
05-19-2018, 08:17 AM
Cheers for the info guys- snagged a poster for now.

CRIMinal
05-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Are the tracks you listened to similar to the single? I'm tempted to give it a listen, but part me wants to wait.

slammy79
05-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Are the tracks you listened to similar to the single? I'm tempted to give it a listen, but part me wants to wait.

Yes, and no. What I heard sounded like Not The Actual Events, there was also another song with some sax. I’m happy to wait for the rest though.

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 09:17 AM

The two tracks are Ahead of Ourselves and Play the Goddamned Part.

More sax on one, reminds me a bit of QOTSA’s I Think I Lost My Headache. The other one is really aggressive and loud. Super excited for this album!

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 09:22 AM
Also, the box is full on Vinyl Manifesto. It’s a sealed box with a record player with the vinyl of the album. The EQ was preset by Trent, and the rep had to set it up using a cryptic set of instructions. But you absolutely stand there, with the record playing on a good set of headphones, hearing it how Trent wants you to, and it’s a pretty great.

slammy79
05-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Shit, this line is slow. I figured they could probably serve folks a little faster than this.

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 10:15 AM
I am so excited to hear the new tracks.

Just got got into the theater—I got here at 8:05 and am #642. What the hell. Even worse, they've been selling tickets for over an hour and yet are somehow only on #100. We're gonna be here a while.

klang
05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Once you get up the stairs to start looping the mezzanine there's a few chairs and couches. Nice to sit for a little anyway

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Doing the math, I should be out of here by around 6pm! Whoopee!!

NotinCnStopMeNow
05-19-2018, 11:36 AM
If anyone has 2 extra tickets to either night I’d be happy to take them off of your hands.

otnavuskire
05-19-2018, 11:51 AM
I was #98 in line. Got out of there at 11:45. Third row both nights! The line is still insane. I have a hard time believing they're going to be able to serve everyone there today, at the rate they went. That's a rate of just over one person per minute for the 97 people ahead of me. Although they opened a fourth window just before I got my tickets, and it did feel like they were speeding up. But there were 600 more people in the building and the line still stretched out and around the block.

slammy79
05-19-2018, 12:09 PM
On the way home now, but I had to pull over for some tea. 2nd row pit on Friday, 4th row mezzanine on Saturday. So damn excited and worth the 5 1/2 hours in line.

picketyp
05-19-2018, 12:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/i1XKahF.jpg

Yessss

zero
05-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Well that was interesting. Glad we got there somewhat early, about 5 minutes before 7:00 am. We ended up with 1st row mezzanine for Friday and 5th row main floor for Saturday. Very pleased with that! But gosh that line was slow.

I listened to both new tracks they had available on the black box thingy, which was set up just ahead of where we were standing in line. Really like what I have heard so far from the new EP/LP.

spinz
05-19-2018, 01:24 PM
The bottleneck here is time. They dont have the setup to sell the demand.. its taken waaay too long to process 300 people.

otnavuskire
05-19-2018, 01:31 PM
As it turns out, the most memorable part of today will not be standing in line for five hours or the exhilaration of finally getting tickets. Instead I will mostly remember the homeless man standing five feet from me on the subway ride back to my car, smearing shit all over the place.

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 01:47 PM
The bottleneck here is time. They dont have the setup to sell the demand.. its taken waaay too long to process 300 people.
You're kidding. Had they just gotten to 300 when you posted that?!

As it turns out, the most memorable part of today will not be standing in line for five hours or the exhilaration of finally getting tickets. Instead I will mostly remember the homeless man standing five feet from me on the subway ride back to my car, smearing shit all over the place.
...Oh. Oh dear.

slammy79
05-19-2018, 01:51 PM

Well, Trent did promise that it could suck in a different way.

otnavuskire
05-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Well, Trent did promise that it could suck in a different way.

This certainly followed through.

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 01:58 PM
Edit: #386 is at the ticket window. My 6pm prediction seems to be holding true.

spinz
05-19-2018, 02:03 PM
You're kidding. Had they just gotten to 300 when you posted that?!

...Oh. Oh dear.

Yep there abouts at the time. And theres a show tonight at the venue. They cant process in time.

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Looks like they packed up the black box before we got there. NOW I'm irked.

otnavuskire
05-19-2018, 02:10 PM
And theres a show tonight at the venue. They cant process in time.

You sure about that? Nothing listed on their schedule.

spinz
05-19-2018, 02:15 PM
You sure about that? Nothing listed on their schedule.

Im not sure, heard people saying this.

zaps30
05-19-2018, 03:20 PM
We got there just after 7 and ended up in the low 200s. I didn't get to buy tickets until 1 or so (so 3 hours after they went on sale). I just went for the $75 tickets and I only bought two for each night. We will be in the first row of the upper balcony for both nights. It was nice to only have to pay one extra fee ($79.50 each...under $320 total). It took us less than hour to get there this morning from RI and over 2 hours to get home! Traffic getting out of the garage (only $12 at least!), traffic to get on 93S, traffic on 93S, accident on 95S near 295, and slow, Saturday afternoon traffic on Rt 1 in to avoid the accident. Other than the tickets, I only bought one of the nice, rectangular metal pins.

GulDukat
05-19-2018, 03:40 PM
My number was 315. I was in line around 7:30-ish and got my tickets at around 2:15--about seven hours.

I wish that there were more than three (or four) people selling tickets, but everything was really orderly, people were really nice and no one acted like a dick, i.e, trying to cut in line, was rude, etc. Got up around 5 am, home around 4 pm. Been a long day.

bgalbraith
05-19-2018, 04:38 PM
My number was 315. I was in line around 7:30-ish and got my tickets at around 2:15--about seven hours.

I wish that there were more than three (or four) people selling tickets, but everything was really orderly, people were really nice and no one acted like a dick, i.e, trying to cut in line, was rude, etc. Got up around 5 am, home around 4 pm. Been a long day.

So for ref, I got there at 7am and was 171, so the line almost doubled in 30 min. I was out at around 12:30, so that extra 30 min turned into about a 1.5hr advantage. That’s kind of crazy. And yeah, there were three tellers in the main box office, but the opened up two more across the street they were sending people to occasionally (I ended up over there).

Also agree, everyone was super nice and professional the entire time I was there.

GulDukat
05-19-2018, 04:54 PM
So for ref, I got there at 7am and was 171, so the line almost doubled in 30 min. I was out at around 12:30, so that extra 30 min turned into about a 1.5hr advantage. That’s kind of crazy. And yeah, there were three tellers in the main box office, but the opened up two more across the street they were sending people to occasionally (I ended up over there).

Also agree, everyone was super nice and professional the entire time I was there.I shouldn't have used the bathroom at Park Street and hit the ATM--cost me 15-20 minutes. My impression is a lot of people (myself included) assumed coming at 8:00 am-ish would be alright and a lot of people just showed up in the same, small space of time, with some others dropping by as the morning wore on. But yeah, every minute did really count when the line was forming.

CRIMinal
05-19-2018, 06:06 PM
I got at the back of the line a little after 7:30 and had number 351. I was able to score seats in the Mezzanine for both nights. That was what I was going for, so I am happy. I just wish the line moved quicker than it did.

klang
05-19-2018, 06:28 PM
Got two tickets more or less in the area I wanted. Was way too tired to do anything else in town but owell, now there's time to visit in October. And as far as who got in when I was in line by 7:40 or so and number 368. Crazy that it grew so fast in such a short period of time.

zaps30
05-19-2018, 08:29 PM
I agree that everyone was nice and pleasant during my experience. I heard there were a few fist fights the night before between some fans camping out and scalpers. People were talking about it in line. I don't know if it's true or not, but nothing would surprise me. My only real complaint was the slowness of it. I should have packed more snacks lol. But really, the drive home was probably the most frustrating part. I still can't believe it took me over 2 hours to get home when it shouldn't have been more than a little over an hour.

TinDefacto
05-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Crazy that it grew so fast in such a short period of time.
Aye, I knew I shouldn't have snoozen my alarm...

Finally got out of there around 5:30 after 9.5 hours of waiting! Dear lord that was insane. I had been expecting maybe four hours; the pace they were going was ridiculous. Shoulda brought a book or something productive. But I agree; all the staff was really nice, and everyone was polite and courteous! Loved it when everyone on the inside started cheering when they let more people in at around 5pm. Great sense of camaraderie.

Damn, Nine Inch Nails is the only band in the world that could get me to do something like this.

bobbie solo
05-20-2018, 01:31 AM

Finally got out of there around 5:30 after 9.5 hours of waiting! Dear lord that was insane. I had been expecting maybe four hours; the pace they were going was ridiculous. Shoulda brought a book or something productive. But I agree; all the staff was really nice, and everyone was polite and courteous! Loved it when everyone on the inside started cheering when they let more people in at around 5pm. Great sense of camaraderie.

Damn, Nine Inch Nails is the only band in the world that could get me to do something like this.

I feel like there is an air of positivity to your post, but to me nothing you described or what I went through today at Radio City is anything to be happy about. No reason to subject you or any other fan to these insane wait times.

spinz
05-20-2018, 06:16 AM

My wait time was also about 9.5 hours and i got out around 6. And if somebody arrived 30 mins earlier than you (before the rules stated) that wait time was halved. I dont know what was going on. There were people trying to scalp wristbands to get inside.. and a general degree of chaos and swirling rumors. Im going to guess they processed about a total of 1000 people from 10am to 8pm. As mentioned staff was totally nice. But things would have to change for me to subject myself to that again for mediocre seats. And can we talk about the pricing? From what little i saw of pricing at a couple other of the presales it seemed sane. The pricing here had 11 scalper-esq price tiers. 11! With many grades of "wanna be a little closer? $30 more".. with $250 at the top. I found myself deeply preferring digital ticket purchasing where id be screwed approximately the same amount without waiting for 9+ hours. And admittedly id feel different if id ignored the rules and showed up 30 minutes earlier. But large room for improvement on the venue level for this experience.

Ruiner2
05-20-2018, 06:35 AM
Sadly, I had to work and couldn't make the presale. Hoping and praying they have an online sale. If anyone has tickets they're willing to part with for a reasonable price, PLEASE let me know. I'd like to go to both shows, but if I can only make it to one I'll be content.

GulDukat
05-20-2018, 08:52 AM
I feel like there is an air of positivity to your post, but to me nothing you described or what I went through today at Radio City is anything to be happy about. No reason to subject you or any other fan to these insane wait times.The staff at the Wang really isn't used to anything like Saturday--a massive amount of people, no online presale. They did the best they could. Yeah, it was grueling, but it's for NIN tickets and was worth it.

Remember around 11:00-ish they made an anouncement--to apologize for the long wait? For a split second I thought they were going to say it was sold-out! I heard a collective sigh of relief, so I clearly wasn't the only one.

spinz
05-20-2018, 09:49 AM
The staff at the Wang really isn't used to anything like Saturday--a massive amount of people, no online presale. They did the best they could. Yeah, it was grueling, but it's for NIN tickets and was worth it.

Remember around 11:00-ish they made an anouncement--to apologize for the long wait? For a split second I thought they were going to say it was sold-out! I heard a collective sigh of relief, so I clearly wasn't the only one.

that about nails it. If they had double to triple the windows open (lets say about 10), things wouldv flew by and nobody wouldv waited more than 4 hours. But unless this became a big trend for venues selling in this way, theyr just not going to be equipped for it.

zero
05-20-2018, 11:52 AM
If they had double to triple the windows open (lets say about 10), things wouldv flew by and nobody wouldv waited more than 4 hours. But unless this became a big trend for venues selling in this way, theyr just not going to be equipped for it.

They had all physically available windows open, 3 at the Wang and 2 across the street at Shubert. I think they could figure out a way to add a few temporary windows if this type of thing happens again, because the current setup is not adequate to process a huge crowd quickly!

I found a video of the line at 7:59am which is just astounding! I had no idea it was that big. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B1LZlEc7Y

CRIMinal
05-20-2018, 12:06 PM
Does anybody know if they ended up selling out yesterday or not?

spinz
05-20-2018, 12:14 PM
They had all physically available windows open, 3 at the Wang and 2 across the street at Shubert. I think they could figure out a way to add a few temporary windows if this type of thing happens again, because the current setup is not adequate to process a huge crowd quickly!

I found a video of the line at 7:59am which is just astounding! I had no idea it was that big. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B1LZlEc7Y

Yep it was a huge line. The crazy part was even by 4:30 when they hadnt let anyone in for like 4 hours and there was plenty of doubt over whether anyone was getting in... The line outside was still huge.

GulDukat
05-20-2018, 01:05 PM

I found a video of the line at 7:59am which is just astounding! I had no idea it was that big. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B1LZlEc7YWow. I arrived maybe 30-45 minutes earlier and it was bad, but not nearly as bad.

zaps30
05-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Heh. I can see myself in that video. They had already started letting people in because we moved up quite a bit from where we originally were.

GulDukat
05-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Wang Center. Huh, huh, huh.

spinz
05-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Does anybody know if they ended up selling out yesterday or not?

Im going to go out on a limb and say probably not. I was #781 and when i left around 6 there were maybe 200 people at most left in line. (And nobody left outside) So in order for it to have sold out every single person wouldv had to buy 8. That didnt happen. Its very slim pickings left though im sure.

brianb23
05-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Maybe quantum550 can suck his entire WANG! ha ha

Ruiner2
05-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Well,they

becoming34
05-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Anyone having trouble getting tickets online?

Ruiner2
05-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Well they said the online sale would start at 10 a.m PT, but I knew better. 10 a.m EST and the tickets went on sale. And I STILL didn't get a ticket. So, sending out an S.O.S again. Looking for any kind souls who have a single ticket to the shows. I'd like to go to both, but at this point I'd sit in the bathroom just to be there!

becoming34
05-24-2018, 09:19 AM
I logged on to ticket master at 9:50am est, and by 10:02am the site said they weren't any tickets available for Friday or Saturday, fuck.

zero
05-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Well they said the online sale would start at 10 a.m PT, but I knew better. 10 a.m EST and the tickets went on sale. And I STILL didn't get a ticket. So, sending out an S.O.S again. Looking for any kind souls who have a single ticket to the shows. I'd like to go to both, but at this point I'd sit in the bathroom just to be there!

You might want to keep trying, especially if all you want is 1 ticket. I just pulled up a balcony seat available on the 20th. ETA - also found balcony available on the 19th.

renton44
05-24-2018, 10:36 AM
I got tickets for both nights, but had to buy 1 ticket a time. I am seated like one seat apart from the person going with me to both nights, so I consider this a 'win' as I gave up on Saturday afternoon (when I realized I wouldn't make it to the ticket window until 6 PM, I was like "Yeah, screw this...")

Ghost
05-24-2018, 10:41 AM
My ticket isn't awesome (back row, far left), but it's enough to go to the show. Especially considering I kept getting sold out messages for like the first hour after the sale started. Buying single tickets is definitely much easier.

becoming34
05-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Balcony seats are going for $55 on stub hub.

HauntedIsle
09-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Who else is going? Where are you sitting? Are you going both nights?

otnavuskire
09-16-2018, 05:27 PM

3rd row both nights. Can't wait!

zero
09-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Well as it turns out, I may have one or two extra tickets for one or both shows at the Wang. First row mezz on Friday, row E orch on Saturday. Face value obo considered, but can't confirm until after next week when I know for sure if my son can't make it (he moved out of state).

zero
09-26-2018, 09:32 PM
I looks like my youngest son is flying back here (over 3,000 miles) for the concert! So no extra tickets available unless something goes pear shaped. Very excited to see this concert together with two of my sons! (note that I am an old fart and all my sons are growed up)

picketyp
10-09-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm looking to trade 1-2 Friday night Boston tickets for the same amount of Wednesday Brooklyn seats. I have extras for the second row of the Mezzanine, center-stage. I can give exact section and seats numbers to anyone interested in a swap!

houndington
10-13-2018, 02:07 PM
[edited] - ticket secured :)

slammy79
10-15-2018, 10:10 AM

Second row Pit on Friday and Fourth row (I think) of the Mezzanine on Saturday.

Anyone want to meet for a drink before the show?

smurphv2
10-16-2018, 07:57 AM
[edit] - ticket secured. Thanks everyone.

Fadeout54321
10-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Just an FYI if anyone wants to know what time doors open. I just called and was advised that they open 45 minutes before the start of the show. This being said doors will be at 6:15PM for both nights.

redshoewearer
10-16-2018, 12:16 PM
One show in NYC wasn't enough and no possibility of Brookly mid-week, so I'm in for this Saturday.

zero
10-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Friday night will be my first NIN concert and I am so dang excited! Sadly my car had a panic attack yesterday with 3 warning lights predicting imminent doom, and it won't be fixed for a few days, but my son agreed to drive so all is well. Just hope we can all fit in his tiny car.

RPM1123
10-18-2018, 09:21 AM
3rd row both nights. Can't wait!

I'll be third row on Friday, see you there! Also going Saturday, but have balcony seats for that day.

Anyone know how the sound is at this venue? I'm slightly worried about it being muddy that far up front, but we'll see.

renton44
10-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Got tickets for both nights. Orchestra for Friday, and balcony for Saturday. Pretty sure I will see Jesus and Mary Chain on Friday and skip them on Sat; their setlist doesn't appear to change all that much from day to day. Probably have a few beers in the local area. Mmmm. Beer.

CRIMinal
10-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow night. I have tickets for both evenings in the Mezzanine.

CRIMinal
10-18-2018, 06:08 PM
I would love to see Broken all the way through, but I doubt that will happen, since they played it last night. I am just crossing my fingers for Happiness in Slavery, Now I'm Nothing, and A Perfect Drug. I know the chances are slim, but I would be ecstatic for them to bring back Down In It.

zaps30
10-18-2018, 07:05 PM
I'll be at both nights. Need more Fragile though.

slammy79
10-19-2018, 07:39 AM
I'm prepared to be among the few that will lose it if/when Home, Non-entity and Now I'm Nothing get played. And maybe...just maybe, Deep.

2nd row Pit tonight, on the far right side aisle. Come say hi!

Fadeout54321
10-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Just called the theater again to ask about back packs. They said it is not a problem. Here is a complete list from their website of prohibited items. Per this website the back pack or bag cannot be larger than 18"x14"x9". Hope people find this helpful.

http://www.bochcenter.org/discover/our-theatres/wang-theatre/theatre-faqs/boch-center-security-policies

akamuaka
10-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Anyone have any estimates on what the stage times are tonight? Also any suggestions for parking? Lol

slammy79
10-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Just called the theater again to ask about back packs. They said it is not a problem. Here is a complete list from their website of prohibited items. Per this website the back pack or bag cannot be larger than 18"x14"x9". Hope people find this helpful.

http://www.bochcenter.org/discover/our-theatres/wang-theatre/theatre-faqs/boch-center-security-policies

This was recently posted by the wang center. Still seems to be in line with your message though.

“At the artist’s request, the following items will NOT be allowed into the Wang Theatre during the Nine Inch Nails concerts on 10/19 and 10/20: over-sized bags or backpacks; bottled water or reusable water bottles; iPads, computers, go-pros, laser pointers or AV equipment.”

CRIMinal
10-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Anyone have any estimates on what the stage times are tonight? Also any suggestions for parking? Lol

Someone posted this on reddit for the NYC shows and it probably would work for Boston.

https://imgur.com/a/fwGiZ4t

As for parking, I am going to park in the Tufts' garage. It cost a bit, but it is so convenient for leaving the show.

Fadeout54321
10-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Sign out front saying no back packs. Gotta ditch mine now.

slammy79
10-19-2018, 05:47 PM
FYI there are two merch tables. One is downstairs near the bathrooms. The variant poster is not on sale at the basement table, but the poster for tonight’s show and the long tour poster is.

bgalbraith
10-19-2018, 07:16 PM
Sign out front saying no back packs. Gotta ditch mine now.

Got caught by this coming from work. Thankfully was able to run back to the office and leave my bag without too much hassle.

bgalbraith
10-19-2018, 07:26 PM
FYI there are two merch tables. One is downstairs near the bathrooms. The variant poster is not on sale at the basement table, but the poster for tonight’s show and the long tour poster is.

They are now sold out of the foil variant.

Reznuh
10-19-2018, 11:12 PM
I am trying
to believe

spinz
10-20-2018, 02:53 PM
I've got two tickets at the back of the orchestra center that i'm not going to use. Small window to coordinate, but i figure its possible.