PDA

View Full Version : Top Five Bands You Want To See Live

Toadflax
05-02-2018, 06:31 PM
I've had the opportunity to see a lot of my favorite bands for the first time over the past few years, and I was thinking about how many are left that I'd really love to see. I can barely come up with five anymore, which is kind of amazing, but I thought it would be fun to see what's on all of your lists.

NOTE: I'm limiting this to bands who are currently active (or on hiatus with an expected return). It might be interesting to start a separate thread about top five bands we wish we could have seen when they were still around.

1. David Gilmour
2. Radiohead
3. Arcane / Caligula's Horse
4. Skunk Anansie
5. System of a Down

Let's hear yours!

EDIT: Updated my list 6/30/22

thevoid99
05-02-2018, 07:07 PM
As of right now who are still active and I haven't seen live are:

1. Radiohead
2. King Crimson
3. David Gilmour
4. Tool
5. Prodigy

somewhat_
05-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Massive Attack
Aphex Twin
The Black Queen
The Knife/Fever Ray
St Vincent

kel
05-02-2018, 07:23 PM
peaches
alaska thunderfuck
code orange
hall and oates
kesha

BRoswell
05-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Off the top of my head...

Black Moth Super Rainbow/Tobacco
Chromatics
Florence + The Machine
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Hot Chip
John Carpenter
Justice
LCD Soundsystem
My Bloody Valentine
Queens Of The Stone Age
Radiohead
Sigur Rós
Slowdive
The Black Queen
TV On The Radio

imail724
05-02-2018, 07:30 PM
The cure

The smashing pumpkins (would have seen them on this upcoming tour but the date conflicted with another one of my must see bands: my bloody valentine)

Tom Waits

The Stone Roses

Daft punk

MF DOOM

Harry Seaward
05-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Roger Waters
Gorillaz
The Mars Volta
Faith No More
St Vincent

hologram parade
05-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Grouper
Andy Stott
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
The Dead Weather
Massive Attack

Nellyrific
05-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Awesome topic! I’ve been lucky enough to see most of my favorites so this was kind of hard:

1) Tom Waits
2) Clint Mansell and/or Kronos Quartet
3) Fleetwood Mac (though I have no interest in seeing them without Lindsey Buckingham)
4) Rob Zombie (taking care of this in August)
5) The Who

Boots
05-02-2018, 08:31 PM
The Cure
Radiohead
Van Halen
Jack White
Arcade Fire

Shadaloo
05-02-2018, 08:37 PM
5. My Bloody Valentine
4. Tool
3. Gary Numan
2. Depeche Mode
1. The Sisters Of Mercy (still technically alive)

Never fucking happen list/dead bands:

5. R.E.M
4. Cocteau Twins
3. White Zombie
2. Siouxsie And The Banshees
1. Bauhaus

Failure
05-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Arctic Monkeys
Garbage
The Black Keys
The Warlocks
Life And Times

bryan_NIN65
05-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Wow, this is getting hard for to come up with also. I have seen almost all I want over 150 bands.

Highly Suspect have tix for august
John Forgerty July 17 debating as I get back from vegas on the 14
Metallica I refuse to pay the price for it
Aerosmith had 7 row floor tix once but they canceled
Greta Van Fleet may pay a scalper for this show

Others might beTed Nugent,deftones,kid rock,filter,iron madian, hell my list is getting very thin

piggy
05-03-2018, 01:03 AM
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Echo & The Bunnymen
The The (now they're finally back!)

Not sure who else...

acrid avid jam shred
05-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Radiohead
My Bloody Valentine
Interpol
Glassjaw
HEALTH

Jinsai
05-03-2018, 03:34 AM
would love to see Paul McCartney, Boards of Canada, Godflesh, Unwound (still possible).... just give me Godflesh at this point really though.

Nellyrific
05-03-2018, 11:55 AM
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Echo & The Bunnymen
The The (now they're finally back!)

Not sure who else...

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are so great live! Seeing them again in the fall, you should definitely try to see them.

Toadflax
05-03-2018, 11:55 AM
2) Clint Mansell and/or Kronos Quartet

Ooh, yeah, I was thinking about some iteration of Mansell when I made my list, but I wasn't sure if he did anything live. You prompted me to start tracking him on Songkick in case he ever comes through this way!

Toadflax
05-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Great lists, all! I'm happy to see so much participation. Definitely a lot of bands I've seen on here but also several I've never heard of and will have to check out.

It's interesting that Radiohead is on so many lists. They're definitely one of my favorite bands I've never seen (hence them being at the top of my list), but every time they come around, I just get this exhausted feeling of, "ugh, I don't want to pay $200 for a ticket and then deal with all the crazy obsessed fans..." I have seen Thom Yorke with Flea and co., though - basically Atoms For Peace before they had a name - so that scratched that itch a bit.

Nellyrific
05-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Ooh, yeah, I was thinking about some iteration of Mansell when I made my list, but I wasn't sure if he did anything live. You prompted me to start tracking him on Songkick in case he ever comes through this way!

Yay! He definitely does do live shows but mostly in the UK [emoji53]
He played an awesome theater here in Los Angeles in 2016 and I couldn’t go. Still kick myself for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadflax
05-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Yay! He definitely does do live shows but mostly in the UK [emoji53]
He played an awesome theater here in Los Angeles in 2016 and I couldn’t go. Still kick myself for that...

Aw, that's a shame. The upside to living in LA is how many shows come here; the downside is so much stuff comes here, it's easy to miss things.

Nellyrific
05-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Aw, that's a shame. The upside to living in LA is how many shows come here; the downside is so much stuff comes here, it's easy to miss things.

True story. My wallet is taking a hit this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henryeatscereal
05-03-2018, 12:35 PM
- Alice Cooper
- The Sisters of Mercy (had a chance and wasted it, fuck...)
- Sigur Ros (see Sisters of Mercy..)
- David Gilmour (I've seen Roger Waters a bunch of times, but Gilmour 0 times)
- The Misfits (with Danzig)

Toadflax
05-03-2018, 01:04 PM
- David Gilmour (I've seen Roger Waters a bunch of times, but Gilmour 0 times)

Ditto (well, Waters only twice). I definitely thought about Gilmour when making my list, but I don't know enough of his solo stuff to make it a high priority. I'll almost certainly go the next time he comes around, though.

henryeatscereal
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Ditto (well, Waters only twice). I definitely thought about Gilmour when making my list, but I don't know enough of his solo stuff to make it a high priority. I'll almost certainly go the next time he comes around, though.
I prefer "solo" Waters over "solo" Gilmour, but i do like Gilmour's stuff (specially "On an Island")
Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands and i never got to see it live, so i guess watching them both is the closest i'll ever be to attend a PF show.

PhoenixML
05-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Nice topic! These are the bands/artists I haven't seen either because they didn't come to Montreal, or it's was too expensive.

Roger Waters
David Gilmour
Archive
Puscifer
Travis

If it's still possible, those too:
Mars Volta
How To Destroy Angels

bobbie solo
05-04-2018, 12:30 PM
The Misfits (with Danzig)

same here. But I wasn't paying those ridiculous Prudential Center prices.

Woulda been nice (very profitable) for Led Zeppelin to do 6 months or so of monster shows just to give everyone a chance to see them once. Oh well.

random: if White Lion ever reunited with Vito, I would loooooove to see that live.

double random: I would pay an exorbitant amount of $ to see Blink 182 just play Dude Ranch, then get the fuck off the stage.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 12:57 PM
1. My Bloody Valentine
2. Aphex Twin
3. Kanye West
4. American Football
5. Daft Punk

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

1. The Smiths (lol)
2. Prince
3. Gary Wilson
4. David Bowie
5. Osker

imail724
05-04-2018, 01:07 PM
1. My Bloody Valentine
2. Aphex Twin
3. Kanye West
4. American Football
5. Daft Punk

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

1. The Smiths (lol)
2. Prince
3. Gary Wilson
4. David Bowie
5. OskerI like that The Smiths gets an "lol" but Prince and David Bowie don't. Like there's a better chance of you seeing one of them than The Smiths, which is probably true.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I like that The Smiths gets an "lol" but Prince and David Bowie don't. Like there's a better chance of you seeing one of them than The Smiths, which is probably true.

Yep! That's kind of the joke in there too ... heh.

sonic_discord
05-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Of the bands that I have not seen, I think the ones I'm most itching to see are:

Rage Against the Machine (they could still get back together some day... right?)
Tenacious D
Marilyn Manson (Only if he gets his act together and isn't a total disaster. I wish I would have caught him a decade ago.)
Eminem
How to Destroy Angels
Guns N' Roses
Rob Zombie (I was more of a fan of White Zombie, but I've heard he puts on a fun show.)
Aerosmith
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Eagles (I bought my parents tickets for their x-mas present, but I wasn't willing to pay another $150 for my own ticket)

imail724
05-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Marilyn Manson (Only if he gets his act together and isn't a total disaster. I wish I would have caught him a decade ago.)
Wasn't 2008 one of his worst years, performance wise? Pretty sure that was the first year people starting to realize how far down he had sunk. I think you meant 2 decades ago.

sonic_discord
05-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Wasn't 2008 one of his worst years, performance wise? Pretty sure that was the first year people starting to realize how far down he had sunk. I think you meant 2 decades ago.

Jeez, has he really been bad that long? Ok, yeah 15 years ago.

Nellyrific
05-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Of the bands that I have not seen, I think the ones I'm most itching to see are:

The Eagles (I bought my parents tickets for their x-mas present, but I wasn't willing to pay another $150 for my own ticket)

I had a chance to see them back in 2010 I believe and it was one of the best shows I’d ever been to. They played for hours, no opener. I find that older acts know how to put on a show [emoji1305]

bryan_NIN65
05-05-2018, 11:15 AM
The beginning of 2008 when twiggy came back we got 19 song sets with shot like 1996 Mecanical Animals and Crucifixion in Space still stuff like the fight song, even got Rock and Roll Niger. I am a big Manson fan loved the 2008 tour. Seen him 12 times since 2003 yes some better than others.

henryeatscereal
05-07-2018, 08:50 AM
same here. But I wasn't paying those ridiculous Prudential Center prices.

Prices are crazy, i also have to travel so it's double for me, i hope they come my way sometime.
I saw Jerry Only's version of "the Misfits" and it was a smaller cheaper show, but with Danzig the prices rise dramatically

renton44
05-07-2018, 07:17 PM
1. Gary Numan (he is always in town when I am not... twice this year)
2. Misfits with Danzig
3. Daft Punk
4. Eric B & Rakim
5. Morris Day & the Time

elevenism
05-07-2018, 07:58 PM
would love to see Paul McCartney, Boards of Canada, Godflesh, Unwound (still possible).... just give me Godflesh at this point really though. BoC? That was the first thing I thought of, but haven't they played like 2 or 3 public shows in 20 years?
I doubt we'll be catching those guys.

Oh dear god, the goosebumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm1BjJNd3JU

kaydraven
06-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Rob Zombie
NIN (which is supposed to happen in October!)
Billy Idol
Marmozets
Depeche Mode

Cookster426
06-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Hmm this is tricky for me since I've been seeing all the bands I've wanted to see for the last five years (with 3 more first time shows this summer).

The ones on my Bucket List that I've never seen and wish to see are:

1. The Cure
2. Beck
3. Danzig
4. Megadeth
5. Depeche Mode

Kodiak33
06-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Rage Against The Machine
Pearl Jam
Rolling Stones
Doves
Aerosmith

ryanmcfly
06-21-2018, 10:53 AM
The Black Queen
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Foo Fighters
System of a Down

Steven
06-21-2018, 11:38 AM
NIN (have already once at Riot Fest last year, seeing them in October)
Type O Negative :( RIP Peter
Linkin Park :( RIP Chester
Senses Fail...maybe
Death Grips...maybe

elevenism
06-21-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm not gonna do people who are dead, and I've seen 99% of the bands I want to see. And some of these are pretty fucking unlikely, but

The Fugees (I've seen Wyclef Jean and John Forte, BEFORE the fugees broke up, but it ain't the same)
Boards of Canada
Led Zeppelin (well, okay, page, plant and jones. I've seen page and plant at least)
MF DOOM
How to Destroy Angels

Oh, and bonus: Rush one more time somehow (please Neil, PLEASE.)

virushopper
06-21-2018, 11:49 AM
The Bird and the Bee.
The Mars Volta.
Arcturus
The Kovenant
Racer X

caca
06-21-2018, 11:55 AM
I’ve seen just about every band that I love, but here are 5 that have eluded me that are still around:

1. Faith No More
2. Radiohead
3. Killing Joke
4. Death From Above
5. How to Destroy Angels

thenorthwood
06-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Santigold
Kidneythieves
Dead Can Dance
Brody Dalle - preferably with Spinnerette or solo work, and to a lesser extent The Distillers
Julie Ruin - I prefer Le Tigre and Bikini Kill but would love to see Kathleen Hanna in this incarnation too

Garymly
06-21-2018, 08:40 PM
1. NIN
2. Twiztid
3. Insane Clown Posse
4. Tenacious D
5. Tool

AThousandDaysBefore
06-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Bands I haven't seen

Queens of the stone age
RHCP
Ozzy
AC/DC
Airbourne (I had the ticket the for a concert the last year)
Stone temple pilots

My favorite bands (I can see those babies anytime)
Nine inch nails
Pearl Jam

Bands I'd love to see but it's impossible
(Audioslave)
(Queen)
(Led Zeppelin)

Space Suicide
06-21-2018, 09:59 PM
Depeche Mode
Queens of the Stone Age
Nine Inch Nails (never seen, yes I know odd)
Rammstein
Dimmu Borgir

richardp
06-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Shit at this point I've crossed so many bands off my bucket list that I genuinely have to struggle to think of someone I would love to see that I still haven't. Sooo, uh... Paul McCartney, Metallica, Oasis (if N+L ever get broke enough to actually do it), Tool (They play in KC so fucking often that every time I say "eh I'll catch them the next time" but never do), and New Order would probably be the top 5. I've been stupid fortunate to see an insane amount of musicians that I love. Its at the point now where I'm just racking up notches on how many times I've seen those bands.

elevenism
06-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Bands I haven't seen

Queens of the stone age
RHCP
Ozzy
AC/DC
Airbourne (I had the ticket the for a concert the last year)
Stone temple pilots

My favorite bands (I can see those babies anytime)
Nine inch nails
Pearl Jam

Bands I'd love to see but it's impossible
(Audioslave)
(Queen)
(Led Zeppelin)
Wait wait wait, Led Zeppelin (page plant and jones and JB's kid anyway) isn't IMPOSSIBLE. They did it a few years ago.

Also, Queen isn't any more impossible that STP: they toured a couple years ago with Adam Lambert at the helm.

bobbie solo
06-22-2018, 01:12 AM
Also, Queen isn't any more impossible that STP: they toured a couple years ago with Adam Lambert at the helm.

Stop that.

elevenism
06-22-2018, 02:47 AM
Stop that. :p
It's true though.

brotha52
06-23-2018, 10:33 AM
5. Dead & Co.
4. LAW
3. John Legend
2. Puscifer
1. Ben Harper w/Jack Johnson.

https://youtu.be/IsCDIiq0AsQ

imail724
06-23-2018, 11:32 AM
5. Dead & Co.
4. LAW
3. John Legend
2. Puscifer
1. Ben Harper w/Jack Johnson.

https://youtu.be/IsCDIiq0AsQRare to find another Deadhead on here. Definitely go see them before it's too late!

brotha52
06-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Rare to find another Deadhead on here. Definitely go see them before it's too late!

I'm waiting for them to write some music with Mayer, then I'll go. Not a Deadhead per say. But I spent a significant amount of time on Wavy Gravy's property in Mendo. Love the story behind the Shoreline, and appreciate the overall message.

IsabellaMiller1976
06-30-2022, 12:47 AM
I've been to many concerts and I'm so happy I don't have that many left to attend.

1. Kreator
2. Tool
3. Destruction
4. Machine Head
5. Electric Callboy

The best concert I've been to is Rammstein. Amazing visuals and they played great too. Haven't stopped listening to them since I've been a child :D

henryeatscereal
06-30-2022, 11:12 PM
Failure (i don't think they'll ever play in my hometown..)
Danny Elfman
AC/DC
Misfits (with Danzig)
Rage Against the Machine

cahernandez
06-30-2022, 11:39 PM
1. Beastie Boys (had tickets to see them in 2007 but show was cancelled due to a band member falling ill, now can’t see them
anymore ☹️)
2. Rage Against the Machine but that’s changing March next year
3. Run the Jewels (same as above)
4. Daft Punk (not happening anymore? They played in my hometown for the Alive tour in 07 but I wasn’t into them when they played, I so regret not seeing them in that tour)
5. Isis (again, I don’t see this one happening)

Added two more because why the hell not:
6. Palms
7. Team Sleep

dlb
07-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Oh this is an old thread, but a nice topic!

My top 5 bands or artists that I've been dying to see live and that I'm playing very frequently:

1. Run the Jewels
2. Beck
3. Ween
4. Primus
5. Old Man Gloom

Toadflax
07-05-2022, 04:52 PM
Oh this is an old thread, but a nice topic!

It's so old that when I saw it resurrected recently and went back to the beginning of the thread, I was surprised to find that I started it!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-05-2022, 07:10 PM
I've been to soooo many shows over the years, these still seemed to slip through the cracks.

Phantogram
Muse
Coheed and Cambria
The Avalanches
Eminem
Team Sleep

ryanmcfly
07-10-2022, 09:57 AM
Of artists I haven’t seen yet, I’d probably say the five I still really want to see are:
rage against the machine
greg puciato
System of a Down
HEALTH
kendrick Lamar

the duder
07-10-2022, 08:48 PM
1.) Slipknot - Have wanted to see them ever since my sophomore year of high school when they dropped the self titled album but have never seen em. Want to before they hang up the masks.
2.) Muse - I spun the HAARP Live at Wembley DVD on repeat for about two years straight.
3.) Arcade Fire - revisited Funeral today and that album still slaps. l'd really love to take my girls to if they ever go back on the road.
4.) Beach House - another album that I've recently revisited was Bloom, and it has aged extremely well. Would love see them live
5.) The National - they've been on this list since I first heard Boxer in 2008. Massively influential and necessary music that found my ears during a very tumultuous time of my life.

ryanmcfly
07-12-2022, 08:19 PM
1.) Slipknot - Have wanted to see them ever since my sophomore year of high school when they dropped the self titled album but have never seen em. Want to before they hang up the masks.
2.) Muse - I spun the HAARP Live at Wembley DVD on repeat for about two years straight.

two incredibly good live bands. Highly recommend