PDA

View Full Version : I m elt wi th y ou

Reznor2112
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/27002/I_Melt_With_You_Poster_Tom_Jane_Jeremy_Piven_And_R ob_Lowe_Don_Look_Happy_1317171912.jpg

When four 40-something college friends meet up for their annual reunion, things start to spiral out of control, and a pact they made as young men is revisited.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3BoiBzetfQ

Basically an all out depress fest combined with the imagery of Danny Boyle and Trainspotting on fucking crack...to say the least. Warning: depressing as fuck.

Holy shit. Not for the weak of heart, but this is an amazing film. Great cast. Amazing soundtrack. tomandandy's score is brilliant.

Shot entirely with a Canon 5D, the images are amazing. If you are in to the less acceptable style of films, you must watch it.

I am really confused why so many people have given it bad reviews on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes gave it a shit score...but judge it for yourself.

I have a feeling most of you will hate, but I hope to share this with those that may in fact enjoy it. This film is definitely not for everyone.

Reznor2112
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
btw, if you want to see this before it's blu ray release in Feb and you are not into pirating: its is fore rent on iTunes and Amazon

Wretchedest
12-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I was on set for some of this. Shot at the studio in Monterey where I interned, curious to see it

Reznor2112
12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I was on set for some of this. Shot at the studio in Monterey where I interned, curious to see it
That's awesome. I'm assuming is was a very small crew? How was it?

After a second viewing, this has made it in my top 5 of 2011.

Goldfoot
12-17-2011, 10:37 AM
This actually sounds like something I should see. I like movies that explore themes and topics that aren't what you would call happy. Not that I like only depressing movies, but they definitely make an impact on me most of the time. I shall check it out.

konstantin
12-17-2011, 03:28 PM
the trailer is pretty awful and about 2 min too long, but i'm definitely checking this one out. thanks for starting the thread.

Reznor2112
12-17-2011, 07:19 PM
the trailer is pretty awful and about 2 min too long, but i'm definitely checking this one out. thanks for starting the thread.

No problem, always glad to share an amazing movie that the critics are trashing. And thats just the "mood piece" trailer. Just to promote the feel of the movie. The regular 2 min trailer is awful and gives the film a totally different feel.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
12-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Ew, it's directed by Mark Pellington?

Uh, I'll still give it a go, I guess. The so-called 'mood piece' trailer had some interesting bits, though the movie looks like a cross between 'The Big Chill' and 'Hurlyburly', which means at the very least it has a shot at ranking on worst movies of all time list.

I am really confused why so many people have given it bad reviews on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes gave it a shit score.
The cool thing about the web is you can click and actually read the reviews and see why people rated it the way they did. It may, in some cases, be very illuminating!

Reznor2112
12-18-2011, 09:59 AM
The cool thing about the web is you can click and actually read the reviews and see why people rated it the way they did. It may, in some cases, be very illuminating!

Wow, thanks for enlightening me. I DID NOT KNOW THAT. It looks like the reviews didn't help either, considering they all say "its too depressing."

Damn, I guess my confusion stands...

mostlymad
12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I hadn't heard anything good about this film. But whenever someone is completely taken in, I get very curious. I am often known for loving the depressing films, too. So I'll give it a watch.

Pemulis
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
It was an enjoyable watch. Its "style" got a little distracting and even cheesy towards the end but I don't see how it's deserving of a 5.1 rating on IMDB.

Sallos
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
avatar is on imdb's top 250 for chirst sake. I stopped givin a crap about imdb's ratings a long time ago.

kdrcraig
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Sounds interesting. Added it to my Netflix Q but god knows how long after it releases it will be before I actually get it.

Pemulis
12-20-2011, 11:26 AM
avatar is on imdb's top 250 for chirst sake. I stopped givin a crap about imdb's ratings a long time ago.

It was also panned by critics, sitting at 13% on RT. Generally, aside from a few outliers, I find IMDB ratings to be pretty accurate. Occasionally I'm thrown for a loop though, like in this case right here. The movie has its flaws and wishes it were loftier than it really is but it's nowhere near the same ballpark as say, White Chicks: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381707/

Wretchedest
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
That's awesome. I'm assuming is was a very small crew? How was it?

After a second viewing, this has made it in my top 5 of 2011.

It was an exceptionally small crew and an exceptionally small studio. Havent seen the movie yet. (Im dying tosince they use a camera like mine, and i dig the vibe), but i think the scenes shot at wave street are in the trailer briefly. It would like like a hotel room suite or apartment.

Reznor2112
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds interesting. Added it to my Netflix Q but god knows how long after it releases it will be before I actually get it.

Damn, the DVD/Blu-ray isn't released until Feb 28th. Amazon and iTunes have it for rent and there are also leaked copies floating around.

kdrcraig
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Amazon and iTunes have it for rent and there are also leaked copies floating around.

Yeah but I'm not that interested in seeing it. Sounds like it could be cool and I like the cast so whenever I see it, I see it.

Wolfkiller
07-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Finally got around to watching this. Depressing is definitely the right word. Not sure whether to recommend to watch when you're feeling down or not, but it is worth a view I think.