PDA

View Full Version : 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Pages : [1] 2

sore_and_crucified
03-06-2018, 03:19 AM
Just seen this-shared by The Cure on Twitter...very excited.

https://twitter.com/thecure/status/961265886588960769?s=21 (https://twitter.com/thecure/status/961265886588960769?s=21)

Edit-here is the link to first acts announced

https://twitter.com/the_anchoress/status/970948567169929216?s=21

satanspropaganda
03-06-2018, 03:27 AM
There we go, London, 22nd June

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXl8QAAVAAYzDf0.jpg

Glad I booked Paris instead :)

Haysey_Draws
03-06-2018, 03:46 AM
There we go, London, 22nd June

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXl8QAAVAAYzDf0.jpg

Glad I booked Paris instead :)

...wait, we were right?!

Holy shit, tickets start at £45 :eek: ...i may have to sit this one out :(

ChipRock
03-06-2018, 04:22 AM
Shit. Wasn't really expecting this to happen. Yeah, £45 is about as much as I want to pay, so hopefully that doesn't mean crap seats. Still, this could be something quite unusual in a really nice venue. Worth an extra couple of quid I suppose, and it's still cheaper than many other big name shows these days.
I thought it would be that Mono were supporting, but looks like they're doing the same night at the smaller venue. Shame as I'd like to see them.
But anyway. Shit.

WorzelG
03-06-2018, 04:29 AM
I wish I’d got membership now, however I can’t really imagine this is the only show in the UK. It’s just too small a venue. I think other things will be announced once all the festivals are announced. I think it was icklekitty who said there is so much unused time midweeks in between these festival dates that it wouldn’t make sense not to book any shows there

satanspropaganda
03-06-2018, 04:34 AM
Yeah WorzelG I do think there will be another date added, maybe for in July. They have lots of space and that'd be a bit silly not to use the time while over here!

icklekitty
03-06-2018, 05:02 AM
I really bloody hope it's a set that doesn't make people want to stand up. If I don't get a seat in the front row and everyone stands up I won't be able to see anything!

Haysey_Draws
03-06-2018, 05:04 AM
I'm going to try and get a ticket, but £45 (and the booking fee) is all i can afford right now (5 week month and 3 weeks from payday)

Looking online is says the RAH is just over 5k (a few hundred more then Brixton) and seating, so i imagine this'll be a different kind of show?

icklekitty
03-06-2018, 05:04 AM
£45 is actually cheaper than what the other solo shows on this tour have been selling for, which I'm surprised about as London is always more expensive.

Agree with WorzelG - it would be ridiculous if this were the only UK show. We are their fourth biggest market.

Good to know that this is happening in June though and I can get on with my life from mid-July onwards. *books beach holiday*

captainkurtz
03-06-2018, 05:10 AM
its £45-65...

I'm travelling to so many gigs in June (which is my busiest work month)...I need to give this some thought....I'm probably going to have to forfeit one gig....and its probably going to be the Foos in Manchester...

I'm wondering though, if this is more likely to be a set like Sonisphere in 2014 - ie, very quiet and subdued....the RFH is a bit of a shocker of a venue to see NIN in, I think....

Tom
03-06-2018, 05:35 AM
I noticed this on the event info:

"Although Royal Festival Hall is a seated venue, you are encouraged to stand at this gig."

Haysey_Draws
03-06-2018, 05:54 AM
From the Meltdown fest website...

"Although Royal Festival Hall is a seated venue, you are encouraged to stand at this gig."

...well that'll go down well

ChipRock
03-06-2018, 06:20 AM
https://d2wq73xazpk036.cloudfront.net/media/9116038B-1451-4FB6-90B39305790096A6/70536D06-819A-4B1F-89CED2C0DEB2E2B6/Dynamic-97841b7e-315c-5b5b-9109-4c24f486bf63.jpg?response-content-disposition=inline

Just thinking about how the seats situation is going to pan out. A long time ago I saw Foetus there and a lot of people were standing right at the front, and on the steps up in between the seats I think. Looking at this picture there's quite a bit of room at the back too. Last time I was there I got a 'box' seat and that was pretty cool, providing you don't get too carried away and fall out. Fine for standing and (reasonably sensible) dancing.

Hopefully there will be more shows in the UK, if not in London. It does say 'one-off gig' in the blurb, but I'm not sure that means a great deal.

Regardless, I'm just worried about this selling out extremely quickly. Just hope the Southbank Centre website is made of strong stuff.

halo eighteen
03-06-2018, 06:43 AM
Robert Smith pulls through! haha

fillow
03-06-2018, 07:33 AM
This seems like a perfect venue and opportunity to play a Still/Soundtracks kind of a show.

jmtd
03-06-2018, 07:34 AM
This will be... incredibly hard for me to arrange to get to, and my other MUST SEE band are the Cure, who I have already got tickets to see in June of all months, in London of all places. Yeah yeah high quality problems etc heh

miss k bee
03-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Wow that is going to be scramble for tickets!

Will most likely be standing going on previous events

MrPogo
03-06-2018, 08:35 AM
I really bloody hope it's a set that doesn't make people want to stand up. If I don't get a seat in the front row and everyone stands up I won't be able to see anything!

The seats are tiered (as in every row is higher than the one in front) and staggered (like you're positioned between the shoulders of the two people in front, not directly behind someone's head) so you should be ok!

botley
03-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Perfect opportunity!

PLAY YOUR THEME MUSIC FOR TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN, MOTHERFUCKERS

Haysey_Draws
03-06-2018, 08:50 AM
This seems like a perfect venue and opportunity to play a Still/Soundtracks kind of a show.

*crosses fingers* please Leaving Hope

icklekitty
03-06-2018, 08:50 AM
The seats are tiered (as in every row is higher than the one in front) and staggered (like you're positioned between the shoulders of the two people in front, not directly behind someone's head) so you should be ok!

Nope. I'm 4ft10

sore_and_crucified
03-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Nope. I'm 4ft10

My wife is 5ft 2. I understand how someone tall in front can wreck a gig. I always try my best to be considerate to others.

Haysey_Draws
03-06-2018, 09:59 AM
I always have this issue at cinemas, mainly as for some unknown reason someone who's 7 foot tall always sits right in front of me, or stands right in front of me at gigs...i expect this to be no different...if i can get a ticket.

witte
03-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Nope. I'm 4ft10
If you manage to arrange a ticket for me, you can sit on my shoulder the complete show (I'm 6ft4) :)

eversonpoe
03-06-2018, 12:29 PM
never before have i wanted to fly to another country (or even out of state) to see NIN play, but jesus fucking christ, i wish i had the money to make it to that show.

ManBurning
03-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Well, glad I waited on booking flights. Paris in the bag, and soon to be London now! This was the plan all along anyway. Our plan was to hit up London from the 20th-24th and then head to Paris from the 25th til the 28th. So, got my vacation planned this year. Now, to try and score tickets to this bad boy.

m3chanical
03-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Has anyone booked at this venue before, any insider tips? Seem to have an online queue system that may work in favour. I'm freaked out by the capacity of the venue and the fact it 'may' be their only UK show. (But even if it's not their only UK show, I'm sure it's going to be freaking awesome).

Need ticket

simonn
03-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Just out of interest did anyone with a presale code fail to get a ticket from the other European shows, due to the allocation running out? Hoping there'll be nin.com ones for London being issued shortly.

ManBurning
03-06-2018, 02:04 PM
Robert Smith pulls through! haha

Robert Smith really brought his game to the table with this one. Quite impressive choices overall, not just NIN.

But he is the "goth king" after all. I had a feeling his lineup was going to be of interest to people here.
I'm sad i'll be missing placebo. Wish they were playing closer to NIN, but I can't fly out that early for their show, unfortunately.

katara
03-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Is this a festival or a full headline gig? I have absolutely no interest in any other band on the roster or in festivals in general.

halo eighteen
03-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Is this a festival or a full headline gig? I have absolutely no interest in any other band on the roster or in festivals in general.

There will probably be at least one support act, but no it's a full headline gig. Meltdown is a series of gigs across 10 days at 2-3 venues.

katara
03-06-2018, 03:38 PM
There will probably be at least one support act, but no it's a full headline gig. Meltdown is a series of gigs across 10 days at 2-3 venues.
Given how the last small NIN show in London went down, I'm convinced that it'll impossible to get a ticket. Shame.

simonn
03-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Some people had said capacity was 5,000. It's not, it's half that. Shit.

katara
03-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Do we know when the Southbank Centre usually releases tickets? We're going to have our fingers on the fucking trigger if we want to have any hope of getting in.

icklekitty
03-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Placebo are a shitshow these days anyway.

Not optimistic for a presale but it would be nice!

icklekitty
03-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Given how the last small NIN show in London went down, I'm convinced that it'll impossible to get a ticket. Shame.

The Scala was 500 people.

sheepdean
03-06-2018, 06:09 PM
I am at work during the sale time and that is going to be a bitch to sort out

So, if I miss out, will succ for tix

Exocet
03-06-2018, 07:27 PM
So are the Cure not playing? I thought usually the curator played a gig aswell, think each band playing is invited to bring a support act of their choosing with them, at least they did on the three occasions i have been to the festival, and the support bands are usually abnormally good too. So probs more artists to be added unless the system has changed.
but fuck... amazing line up, hopefully squeeze in My Bloody Valentine aswell as NIN

sheepdean
03-06-2018, 08:32 PM
So guys, southbank members get booking 2 days ahead of time.
It's £69
Ticket cap is 4 per person

Anyone interested in dropping 17 quid to get a guaranteed ticket?

chuckrh
03-07-2018, 12:23 AM

Meltdown Festival is a series of individual headline gigs at 2 different venues over about 10 days. Its curated by a different artist every year. This year, it's Robert Smith picking the bands. All leading up to the big Cure 40th anniversary show in Hyde Park. The venue NIN is playing is under 4000 capacity. Here's a list of who is playing so far. It's pretty stunning. Wish I could go!

Royal Festival Hall -
June 15 - Psychedelic Furs & The Church⠀
June 16 - Placebo⠀
June 17 - The Libertines⠀
June 19 - Manic Street Preachers⠀
June 20 - Deftones⠀
June 21 - Mogwai & Kathryn Joseph⠀
June 22 - Nine Inch Nails⠀
June 23 - My Bloody Valentine ⠀

Queen Elizabeth Hall - ⠀
June 15 - 65daysofstatic⠀
June 16 - The Notwist⠀
June 17 - Alcest⠀
June 21 - Kristin Hersh⠀
June 22 - Mono⠀

http://image.ibb.co/f0e5Yx/smith.jpg

ManBurning
03-07-2018, 01:28 AM
What time of the day do these tickets go on sale? 10am?

What are the chances of actually scoring a ticket to this during the General sale? Do you guys think this thing is going to sell out simply to the southbank members?
£69 = $124 Canadian... That's insanity!

chuckrh
03-07-2018, 01:51 AM
What time of the day do these tickets go on sale? 10am?

What are the chances of actually scoring a ticket to this during the General sale? Do you guys think this thing is going to sell out simply to the southbank members?
£69 = $124 Canadian... That's insanity!
check out the meltdown festival website. i'm being lazy, you should be able to find pretty easily. also, they haven't announced the last night yet. could be something special.

Haysey_Draws
03-07-2018, 02:17 AM
So guys, southbank members get booking 2 days ahead of time.
It's £69
Ticket cap is 4 per person

Anyone interested in dropping 17 quid to get a guaranteed ticket?

Sorry i might be being dumb here, isn't it £69 just for the membership, then the tickets are the same price on top just without a booking fee?

WorzelG
03-07-2018, 02:55 AM
Word of warning to anyone wanting membership, I tried online and it kept giving me errors, when I contacted them they said they have a certain postcode area for membership (London i presume and I don't live there) so you woi!d probably have to phone them to set it up

afors
03-07-2018, 03:21 AM
Word of warning to anyone wanting membership, I tried online and it kept giving me errors, when I contacted them they said they have a certain postcode area for membership (London i presume and I don't live there) so you woi!d probably have to phone them to set it up

This smells of bs. So anyone in London (with membership) will get to sell the place out before tickets go on sale generally or through NIN presale.
Unless we get a pre-sale code this is looking like a London based ticket scalpers delight.
Strange venue for NIN gig though...

chuckrh
03-07-2018, 04:20 AM
think NIN are doing this because Robert asked them to. he's one of Trent's idols. at least to me, the influence is obvious & huge. without the Cure, there wouldn't be a NIN @ least as we know them. btw, I'm a pretty huge Cure fan. of course, David Bowie casts a huge shadow over both bands. when I heard Robert was "cure"ating the festival, I predicted Trent would be playing. I called that one. think some sort of collaboration could definitely happen. hope someone is taping! I also think that nothing records could be an excellent home for a new Cure record with Trent & Atticus co-producing with Robert. there's also a NIN connection with Reeves Gabrels via the Outside tour with Bowie. anyone up for an epic cover of "I'm Afraid of Americans" at the show?

afors
03-07-2018, 04:23 AM
think NIN are doing this because Robert asked them to. he's one of Trent's idols. at least to me, the influence is obvious & huge. without the Cure, there wouldn't be a NIN @ least as we know them. btw, I'm a pretty huge Cure fan. of course, David Bowie casts a huge shadow over both bands. when I heard Robert was "cure"ating the festival, I predicted Trent would be playing. I called that one. think some sort of collaboration could definitely happen. hope someone is taping! I also think that nothing records could be an excellent home for a new Cure record with Trent & Atticus co-producing with Robert.
Agree, good scope for collaboration there.
Will there be another UK headline gig or not that's the Question. Just wish they'd publish the list in it's whole. Unless it's still evolving of course.

WorzelG
03-07-2018, 05:06 AM
This smells of bs. So anyone in London (with membership) will get to sell the place out before tickets go on sale generally or through NIN presale.
Unless we get a pre-sale code this is looking like a London based ticket scalpers delight.
Strange venue for NIN gig though...
The actual response i got was that 'your postal address or bank account name may be out of the strict parameters the online direct debit system uses' make of that what you will

chuckrh
03-07-2018, 06:13 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-54E8ZUtfxQk/UgzncJy_JQI/AAAAAAAACQg/tTSCBCdZxos/s1600/robert+and+trent+no96.jpg

WorzelG
03-07-2018, 06:34 AM
Trying to get through to the membership people on the phone, and all the operators have been busy and when you go to voicemail, it is full! hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better

Haysey_Draws
03-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I can't afford a membership and ticket so i'll just have to take my chances. I think i used up all my luck on the Scala show though...

Good luck everyone :)

ManBurning
03-07-2018, 02:03 PM
check out the meltdown festival website. i'm being lazy, you should be able to find pretty easily. also, they haven't announced the last night yet. could be something special.

I've looked up and down and sideways all over the metldown site, it doesn't indicate the time these go on sale. Just says:
"Tickets go on sale to Southbank Centre Members on Tuesday 13 March and on sale to the general public on Thursday 15 March. For your best chance to secure tickets, join now as a Member."

When you click on the actual band/event - It just says "On sale soon" no details...

So, I'm going to assume 10am London time.

TheBang
03-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Membership presale is limited to a certain allocation of the total seats. I'm pretty sure @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) is correct about 10 AM on-sale time (both members and general sale). And besides online, you can also try calling on the phone or in person at the box office.

Don't forget that even if the available seats "sell out" immediately, they're only reserved for a certain amount of time for people to complete their checkout transaction, and if they fail to complete it, they go back into the pool. So, when it goes on sale, if it shows sold out, keep trying and there may be some seats that become available in 10/15/whatever minutes.

simonn
03-08-2018, 01:20 AM
Membership presale is limited to a certain allocation of the total seats.

Do you have that from the 'horses mouth' (as it were) as I was exchanging tweets with someone yesterday who seemed to be in the know, and who said that there is no amount put by for the general sale, if they go in the pre-sale, they go?

afors
03-08-2018, 01:35 AM
, you can also try calling on the phone or in person at the box office.

That would require a flight to London! Theres only so far this NIN obsession goes =)

WorzelG
03-08-2018, 02:54 AM
The actual response i got was that 'your postal address or bank account name may be out of the strict parameters the online direct debit system uses' make of that what you will
I got through and bought a one off membership yesterday, the lady couldn’t work out why I had been denied and there shouldn’t be any location limits to who can be members.

afors
03-08-2018, 04:05 AM
I got through and bought a one off membership yesterday, the lady couldn’t work out why I had been denied and there shouldn’t be any location limits to who can be members.

So how much was the one off membership?

WorzelG
03-08-2018, 04:25 AM
So how much was the one off membership?
£69 which is £17 between 4, worth it for the chance to score tickets

Tom
03-08-2018, 06:19 AM
I might just go along to the ticket office - it's less than 30 mins from me and I have no other plans that morning.

captainkurtz
03-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Anyone know if there will be a NIN.com presale for this? Can't decide whether I should buy membership of the RFH (I live 300 miles away, so aside from this, I won't get much use from it) or whether to hope theres a NIN presale or just gamble and try the general sale...

TheBang
03-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Do you have that from the 'horses mouth' (as it were) as I was exchanging tweets with someone yesterday who seemed to be in the know, and who said that there is no amount put by for the general sale, if they go in the pre-sale, they go?
Based on past experience with RFH. I suppose an artist could always request that it be done differently, but I don't see why it would be.

simonn
03-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Based on past experience with RFH. I suppose an artist could always request that it be done differently, but I don't see why it would be.

Spoke to box office, and they have confirmed a proportion of seats (and not just the cheap seats) are being held back for general sale.

afors
03-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Spoke to box office, and they have confirmed a proportion of seats (and not just the cheap seats) are being held back for general sale.

Presale just announced for 14 March 10AM GMT, general sale 15 March 10AM GMT.

scardwel
03-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Just 500 seats in the NIN pre-sale (horses mouth). Good luck!

Digital Twilight
03-10-2018, 07:20 AM
I was lucky enough to get Scala tickets so hopefully that luck will continue this week. If I don't get tickets I'll live, I have Pearl Jam that week.

chuckrh
03-10-2018, 07:23 AM
Just 500 seats in the NIN pre-sale (horses mouth). Good luck!

I must say though that NIN is definitely very good about taking care of their fans in that regard. Given the circumstances of this show & venue, 500 seems very fair.

chuckrh
03-10-2018, 07:24 AM
I was lucky enough to get Scala tickets so hopefully that luck will continue this week. If I don't get tickets I'll live, I have Pearl Jam that week.

Enjoy PJ. I'm seeing the 2nd "homestand" show in Seattle on 8/10. Got very nice seats.

Digital Twilight
03-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Enjoy PJ. I'm seeing the 2nd "homestand" show in Seattle on 8/10. Got very nice seats.

Sounds awesome.

gassjack
03-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Hello Darlings! Newbie here, medium-size NiN fan but proper MELTDOWN ARMY! I love Meltdown coz I hate festivals, grass, people. Meltdown is small concrete venues with clean toilets. So here are a few things that will help you get tickets:

1. Get in the queue for the box office. The Radiohead kids queued overnight. I usually get there about 5am but am going earlier this year as each band on that line up has an army of obsessives. For Radiohead I arrived at 6am and still didn’t get tickets.

2. Bring a folding chair, blanket, hand warmers etc... the venue is on the river and that wind is evil!!!

3. The website will freeze. The phones will be permanently engaged. The Southbank centre is arts funded and they do not have the budget to pay for a state of the art booking system that will only get used once or twice a year. The rest of the time what they have is sufficient.

4. The tickets are controlled by Southbank - they do not allow pre-sale to bands fans. This could have changed but I don’t think the patrons would allow it. I could easily be wrong. Unless of course the band has made a sizeable charity donation to the centre, in which case that band is a class act.

5. I spoke to the security and they will be setting up an area for us to get cosy in. I jokingly asked if they will provide biscuits and hot choc and the bloke said that they’d see what they can do.

6. The staff at SBC are darlings! These are not your usual venue staff. You might get the occasional moody one but in the most part they will help in any way they can. This in an ART CENTRE run on grants, charitable donations and whatever profit they can accrue. It is not a corporate gig venue - if you haven’t been before then expect a very different experience.

Good luck everyone! Maybe see some of you in the queue.

gassjack
03-10-2018, 09:38 AM
PS. Don’t tell Libertines fans.

gassjack
03-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Oh and one last thing: NEVER GIVE UP - there are often returns to these gigs, so keep phoning that box office, don't be ashamed to beg, cry and grovel.

chuckrh
03-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Oh and one last thing: NEVER GIVE UP - there are often returns to these gigs, so keep phoning that box office, don't be ashamed to beg, cry and grovel.
Good info, wish I could go. If you go up the thread you'll see there is a limited NIN presale. Maybe was a condition of them playing, as this is small show for them. The rumours are flying for last 2 nights of festival. Like Robert Smith is going to invite his band to play. If I were in England, would definitely prefer that to the Hyde Park extravaganza!

gassjack
03-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Yes I saw someone mention a NiN pre-sale, it could happen but has never happened before. I’ll believe when I see it.

No band gets special treatment at Meltdown, supposedly it is an honour to be invited to play. I think if any band has ‘conditions’ they’d be politely uninvited.

In the past there has been a stipulation in the contract that each artist should not do their standard show, something ‘more’ is required, be that revisiting obscure material, featuring guest artists or trying something new. This may not be the case anymore but I hope it is.

halo eighteen
03-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Yes I saw someone mention a NiN pre-sale, it could happen but has never happened before. I’ll believe when I see it.

There is a NIN presale, the band sent out an email with a password yesterday to the mailing list.

gassjack
03-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Fantastic!!! That’s great news, and as far as I know, it’s a first!

Sadly I didn’t get an email though. I’ve been on that list since The Fragile... I think.... not sure... actually might have been With Teeth....

Fingers crossed the whole show didn’t sell out on pre-sale then.

When was/is it? Anyone know?

gassjack
03-11-2018, 09:24 AM
I’ve just spoken to venue and the corporate seat allocation, which is about 70 seats, has been given up for pre-sale.

Pros: You might get a ticket and it’s likely to be a box! Sweeeeeeet!!
Cons: There is now very little chance of returns on the night as its the corporate seats that usually get returned

Good luck everyone!

For those that don’t score in the pre-sale then come join the queue, I’ll bring the whiskey, you bring the ginger.

WorzelG
03-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Fantastic!!! That’s great news, and as far as I know, it’s a first!

Sadly I didn’t get an email though. I’ve been on that list since The Fragile... I think.... not sure... actually might have been With Teeth....

Fingers crossed the whole show didn’t sell out on pre-sale then.

When was/is it? Anyone know?
You might not have got the presale email because the site has changed several times since the with teeth era, if you go into nin.com and sign up now (you don't have to buy anything) you may get the email. It's worth a try, the presale isn't until the 14th (10am), I got Southbank membership so I'm holding out for tickets from the member presale on the tuesday, im happy to support the arts anyway!

gassjack
03-11-2018, 09:57 AM
I thought that might be the case. I’ve signed up a few times but gave up eventually. I’m committed enough to queue for seven+ hours for tickets but ask me to spend a minute longer than I have to on a computer and my eyes glaze over!

Which kinda explains why I didn’t read about the pre-sale further back in this thread. Oops!

Tom
03-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Are you a SBC member, gassjack? Are you hitting the queue on the 13th or 15th?

gassjack
03-11-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm hitting that queue early as poss on 13th. Yes I'm a member (as of yesterday).

Are you going to queue as well?

gardenia_spectre
03-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Nope. I'm 4ft10
Yep - me too.

Haysey_Draws
03-12-2018, 03:11 AM
I'll try for pre-sale and general (i just want one ticket, i don't have any friends...least any that like NIN) but i think i used my luck on the Scala show so i won't be too disheartened if i don't get tickets (plus i think it's the BFI Anime fest on south bank the week before, so chances are i'll be at that as well)

afors
03-12-2018, 03:50 AM
What's everyone's thoughts. Do you think this is the only London (or indeed UK) 2018 show? Or does he announce another one after this ones has sold out?
I'm going with a online pre-sale attempt, but realise that I could be in for a let down.

zsorzs
03-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Good luck everyone who is queuing tomorrow! I wish I could go and try my luck but I'm away from London for a few days. Perfect timing:(
I'm not a SBCentre member so if anyone is able to buy one extra ticket for me please let me know!! (I'm back in London on Thursday night)

I remember the good old times when I was queuing from 3am outside the Astoria back in 2005 and maneged to get my 2 NiN tickets:)

Also, few years ago I saw Josh Homme's acoustic gig at the Meltdown fest and I just went to the RFH on the morning of the public sale and I bought the last 2 remaining tickets

simonn
03-12-2018, 08:02 AM
What's everyone's thoughts. Do you think this is the only London (or indeed UK) 2018 show? Or does he announce another one after this ones has sold out?
I'm going with a online pre-sale attempt, but realise that I could be in for a let down.

Personally I think he'll announce a 2nd London gig once this sale is out the way, so as not to dampen enthusiasm for the Southbank show, and get more people to buy memberships with a chance of getting tickets on the 13th.

afors
03-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Personally I think he'll announce a 2nd London gig once this sale is out the way, so as not to dampen enthusiasm for the Southbank show, and get more people to buy memberships with a chance of getting tickets on the 13th.
I tend to agree, but it's a pain when you don't live in London, and you are trying to plan around it.

jmtd
03-12-2018, 04:09 PM
I was all set to do this but then I started pricing up travel to London from newcastle and almost had a heart attack. It's probably cheaper to go to any other eu gig than to travel in my own country heh. I have to suck it up for the cure 2 weeks later already.

ManBurning
03-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I tend to agree, but it's a pain when you don't live in London, and you are trying to plan around it.

Yeah, or in my case where you don't even live in the country or on the continent and are trying to plan this shit lol. I still don't have flights or hotels booked and each day that passes prices go up and good hotels get sold out. I'm holding out to see if I can even get a ticket to this. If I can't, it'll probably depict where my travel literary will take me. Hope I can at least score a ticket. I don't even care where in the venue at this point since I have a GA ticket to Paris. If I'm stuck in a seat at the back, so be it. Least i'll get to see 2 different NIN shows.

simonn
03-13-2018, 02:34 AM
Good luck to everyone trying today...! It's gonna be nervy - I saw this image on Twitter, and this was just for purchasing membership last week, so this isn't gonna be a walk in the park:-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXmPolBWkAEmHjy.jpg

ManBurning
03-13-2018, 02:37 AM
Damn... Probably should have bought one of those memberships now... Well, NIN pre sale it is for me.

Ya'll got a couple more hours to go. Curious to hear how the Southbank member's pre-sale unfolds.

zephyr
03-13-2018, 04:21 AM
In a queue to LOG IN.

I think people are misguided if they think SBC doesn't have good ticketing systems - they're using Queue It which is about as good as you can get.

I have now logged in. Wow. No sale til 10 still obviously.

Edit: now in a new queue where it's apparenlty my turn. It is not.

icklekitty
03-13-2018, 04:52 AM
I think people are misguided if they think SBC doesn't have good ticketing systems - they're using Queue It which is about as good as you can get.

Yes they go through something similar every year. Also this is southbank members queueing for Meltdown, not NIN fans queueing for an intimate NIN gig. They might all be gunning for My Bloody Valentine or Manic Street Preachers or something :)

(I do think it's a bit shitty if premium tickets are being held back from SB members for general sale etc... membership should get you a privilege other than spending your money 48 hours early!)

zephyr
03-13-2018, 04:55 AM
Will be mildly frustrated if I can't buy top tickets after dropping for the membership to be honest.

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 04:59 AM
Yes they go through something similar every year. Also this is southbank members queueing for Meltdown, not NIN fans queueing for an intimate NIN gig. They might all be gunning for My Bloody Valentine or Manic Street Preachers or something :)

Yeah. Once I was about 5000th in the queue or something and got seats in the sixth row after finally getting to try for tickets 20 minutes after they went on sale!

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 05:02 AM
Will be mildly frustrated if I can't buy top tickets after dropping for the membership to be honest.

me too, i have 2125 ahead of me, i feel i've got no chance. I'm hoping they're all there for The Libertines

zephyr
03-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Got a ticket. D30. Either lots was sold out already somehow at the front or they are keeping front row etc for next sales....

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:08 AM
I don't seem to be moving up the queue at all....

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 05:09 AM
me too, i have 2125 ahead of me, i feel i've got no chance. I'm hoping they're all there for The Libertines

The Manics and Placebo also sell out venues much bigger than this too. That number is definitely getting split a few ways.

Tom
03-13-2018, 05:12 AM
Just on my way back from the SBC now. There actually wasn't such a big queue there, though it filled out a bit more in the last hour. The staff said that everyone there should get tickets. I saw while I was waiting that online queue had already gone crazy. Good luck to everyone still trying.

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 05:12 AM
Got a ticket. D30. Either lots was sold out already somehow at the front or they are keeping front row etc for next sales....
Isn’t that the 4th row? Or are you up on the balcony?

zephyr
03-13-2018, 05:14 AM
It is the 4th row, but nothing was available in front of that and the identical seat was available on the other side - whole thing looked very mirrored.

Not saying I'm unhappy, just hoped for front row like I had with Regina last year.

Tom
03-13-2018, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I was one of the first to buy tickets and there was nothing available in the first two rows, apparently.

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Ive had 504 in the online queue now for 20 minutes...it hasn't crashed, but that can't be right, can it. Sigh.

houndington
03-13-2018, 05:21 AM
Ive had 504 in the online queue now for 20 minutes...it hasn't crashed, but that can't be right, can it. Sigh.

I'm right behind you at 583, been here without moving for an hour.

SuperstarPJ
03-13-2018, 05:22 AM

I've been at 321 since 11. Tried on my phone a minute after and was 3000something and that's not changed either.

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:24 AM
Ah, ok - thanks guys. Good luck all.

houndington
03-13-2018, 05:24 AM
I kinda prefer the F5 frenzy tbh. At least it feels interactive.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 05:26 AM
That message saying 'you are almost there' makes me want to punch the screen

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 05:28 AM
It is the 4th row, but nothing was available in front of that and the identical seat was available on the other side - whole thing looked very mirrored.

Not saying I'm unhappy, just hoped for front row like I had with Regina last year.

Does sound suspicious �� I think I was 5th row for her. That is still an awesome spot at least!

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:30 AM
updated to say wait time is now 20 mins...

SuperstarPJ
03-13-2018, 05:31 AM
Still at 321 and it now says my estimated wait time is 13mins.

I'm also after a ticket for MBV but not sure whether to risk it in the same transaction in case I get stuck in the queue again!

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:31 AM
14 mins now...so at least its moving...

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:32 AM
15 mins now...lol....good way to post build, at least...

chuckrh
03-13-2018, 05:32 AM
I just got an email from Mogwai for a band presale for their Meltdown gig. Same time as the NIN band presale.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 05:34 AM
How will the NIN presale work? Will we have to use the Southbank system or will it be different? I haven't tried for any yet this touring cycle

icklekitty
03-13-2018, 05:34 AM
Will be interesting if the fan presales actually have the top seats.

zephyr
03-13-2018, 05:36 AM
Wonder whether I should go in for the fan presale in hopes of front row. Feel a tad guilty doing that but still....

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 05:37 AM
How will the NIN presale work? Will we have to use the Southbank system or will it be different? I haven't tried for any yet this touring cycle

Yeah, the link in the email goes to the Southbank ticketing page for the show.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 05:42 AM
Now got a message saying due to high demand we are pausing the queue?? I joined it at 9.58 and it hasn't moved by one person yet! What is everyone doing in there?

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 05:46 AM
Still in nine queue...but got through on the phone - needed 3 tickets and got 2 in row EE and one in CC...a little more than halfway back..that will have to do.

simonn
03-13-2018, 05:48 AM
Now got a message saying due to high demand we are pausing the queue?? I joined it at 9.58 and it hasn't moved by one person yet! What is everyone doing in there?

The person trying to get our tickets has had the same issue, he's been @ 1922 since 10am, and he got an onscreen message that he's got a wait of 55 minutes about 15 minutes ago.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 05:50 AM
Still in nine queue...but got through on the phone - needed 3 tickets and got 2 in row EE and one in CC...a little more than halfway back..that will have to do.
on the phone now on hold! good shout

ChipRock
03-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Ha. Manics/Placebo/etc fans suck.

"For Members waiting to buy Meltdown tickets, there's good availability for all gigs except NIN, where there's just a few tickets left." https://twitter.com/southbankcentre/status/973516923773349888

Can't wait to join the queues tomorrow.

yarmes
03-13-2018, 06:16 AM
Are you guys all members for the Southbank Centre? Is it worth getting in a queue today on the phone even though I'm not a member on the off chance that I could get tickets? I'm thinking it might be worth a go!

chuckrh
03-13-2018, 06:18 AM
just wait until last 2 shows announced. have a feeling mr smith is going to be involved in some manner. things are going to get really out of hand then!

icklekitty
03-13-2018, 06:18 AM
^^^ No they check that you're a member.

I've got balcony seats, but given that I logged in at 8.30am and people who logged in over an hour after me got tickets over an hour before me, I'm a bit miffed (at the website, not the other people).

Tom
03-13-2018, 06:19 AM
Ha. Manics/Placebo/etc fans suck.

"For Members waiting to buy Meltdown tickets, there's good availability for all gigs except NIN, where there's just a few tickets left." https://twitter.com/southbankcentre/status/973516923773349888

Can't wait to join the queues tomorrow.

Not surprised. It seemed like the majority of people who had come early to queue outside the SBC were there for NIN tickets.

yarmes
03-13-2018, 06:24 AM
^^^ No they check that you're a member.

I've got balcony seats, but given that I logged in at 8.30am and people who logged in over an hour after me got tickets over an hour before me, I'm a bit miffed (at the website, not the other people).

Oh well, was worth a try - will be queuing tomorrow instead, thanks for letting me know!

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 06:25 AM
YES YES YES YES - got through on the phone, thanks captainkurtz - although the hold said i had an hours wait, I looked up NIN on twitter and saw someone suggest asking for switchboard, not ticketing, and I was answered within 5 mins - thats a tip, number is 0203 8799 555

she said only balcony were left

colum26
03-13-2018, 06:27 AM
new to this forum. Ran down to the Southbank Centre to get my tickets. Just got back. Queue was about 6 people. NIN tickets are selling out fastest when I ask at ticket office best seats have gone. Best to try and get down there if your in London.

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 06:28 AM
Nothing after getting through online...

captainkurtz
03-13-2018, 06:29 AM
YES YES YES YES - got through on the phone, thanks @captainkurtz (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3265) - although the hold said i had an hours wait, I looked up NIN on twitter and saw someone suggest asking for switchboard, not ticketing, and I was answered within 5 mins - thats a tip, number is 0203 8799 555

she said only balcony were left
Nice!

icklekitty
03-13-2018, 06:37 AM
SBC website updated to say no more NIN tickets.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 06:50 AM

I would have assumed the Libertines tickets would go faster, honestly I have no idea what anyone in this country is into anymore

zephyr
03-13-2018, 06:51 AM
I would have assumed the Libertines tickets would go faster, honestly I have no idea what anyone in this country is into anymore

Libertines played here last year. Last NIN gig was what, 2014?

colum26
03-13-2018, 06:53 AM
I asked at the ticket office if the Libertines tickets were selling the fastest and the guy behind the counter said no it was NIN tickets! Some of the people in the queue in from of me were buying tickets for all the gigs! Don't know how they could afford it. I also got front row ticket for the Manics.

Haysey_Draws
03-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Tomorrows pre-nin sale and general is Thursday. Anyone know if you'll be able to get the nin pre-sale at the box office tomorrow? Might book the morning off and pop down, I have a feeling Thursdays going to be a clusterfuck!

dyntr
03-13-2018, 06:56 AM
F... - missed out because I can't use a phone at work, and paid £60 for the privilege. Fantastic.

Mutilated
03-13-2018, 06:59 AM

I wonder is there a quota for today's ticket sales, and also for tomorrow's NIN pre-sale, and then the rest for general release?

Or is the gig sold out already?!

ChipRock
03-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Yeah weird right? Lots of people appearing in my twitter feed complaining about the struggle for NIN tickets. I knew it was going to be a struggle to get tickets for this, but am kind of surprised that they are the main draw for this whole festival. To be honest I feel a bit smug when people who can afford to splash out all that extra for membership but still didn't get anything. A bit of entitlement going on amongst some people (not talking about here). Also some people seem to think that the whole thing has sold out. I don't think it's unfair to assume that only a select amount for the members pre-sale has now gone, but there will be more tomorrow, and then more again Thursday. All good fun!

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 07:03 AM
I’m pretty sure they’ve allocated a number for the NIN presale (I think 10% is industry standard, so maybe 290?) , but it might be there will be nothing left for general sale because then SB members has first dibs on every other seat.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 07:05 AM
I asked at the ticket office if the Libertines tickets were selling the fastest and the guy behind the counter said no it was NIN tickets! Some of the people in the queue in from of me were buying tickets for all the gigs! Don't know how they could afford it. I also got front row ticket for the Manics.
Either massive Meltdown fans or they’re going to sell them on, when you think about it, £60 for membership to get priority tickets which can be sold on is probably quite cheap. Actually they have a policy that reselling for profit or commercial gain is not allowed. https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/policies/website-terms-conditions

zephyr
03-13-2018, 07:33 AM
I'm about 75% sure the front two rows at least, maybe front three, were not part of this sale.

Haysey_Draws
03-13-2018, 07:40 AM
Either massive Meltdown fans or they’re going to sell them on, when you think about it, £60 for membership to get priority tickets which can be sold on is probably quite cheap. Actually they have a policy that reselling for profit or commercial gain is not allowed. https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/policies/website-terms-conditions

Interesting...so if tickets appear on places like stub-hub and ebay does this mean Southbank can cancel them and re-sell?

SuperstarPJ
03-13-2018, 07:42 AM
Managed to get 2 balcony tickets. Kinda disappointed I didn't get better after paying for membership but better than nothing! Also got 1 box ticket for MBV. I tried the phone too but ended up getting through online first.

Tom
03-13-2018, 07:59 AM
The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100). But as zephyr mentioned, it seemed like central chunks of the first two rows weren't onsale today, so perhaps their limited number is being offset by their being crazily good.

gassjack
03-13-2018, 08:08 AM
Got there just before 5am, first in line. Got my four favourite seats! Happy days! Was definitely worth getting up for. Feel like crap now though and I've got a full days work to do. Ain't really complaining though.

To all those that didn't get tickets, do not give up!!! Phone for returns, it can happen.

Haysey_Draws
03-13-2018, 08:08 AM
ONLY 100!? ...well unless they held a fair amount back for general sale i think i'm screwed. Congrats to everyone that managed to get a ticket, you're going to have a blast!

MrPogo
03-13-2018, 08:09 AM
The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100). But as zephyr mentioned, it seemed like central chunks of the first two rows weren't onsale today, so perhaps their limited number is being offset by their being crazily good.

Any idea what the deal is with the rest of the venue? I’m not sure if they’ve just sold out the SB members allocation or whether the NIN presale is literally all that’s left and there will be no general sale.

WorzelG
03-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Well I might try for the presale tomorrow just in case and if I succeed I will have four back of balcony tickets going for face vale, £45. Not sure if I can just sell though might have to go back to box office, don’t want someone to end up with unusable tickets

Tom
03-13-2018, 08:13 AM
No idea I'm afraid. And any info I have is coming second hand, so take with a pinch of salt. Still, I assume the venue will say between now and the 15th whether "sold out" really means "sold out" - if they're really all gone, then it's not in their interests to have thousands of nin fans clogging up their queue system for no reason.

gassjack
03-13-2018, 08:14 AM
If you live in London get to the venue before 6am on Thursday - earlier if possible! You will get a ticket. Forget the website.

icklekitty
03-13-2018, 09:37 AM
If there's any takeaway from this: HEY NINE INCH NAILS! Look at all this demand Look at all the people who want to see you live! ANNOUNCE MORE DATES PRONTO!

ManBurning
03-13-2018, 03:16 PM
I hope the NIN pre-sale goes a little more smoother than the SBC members one did. Tickets go on sale at 3am my time later on... Guess I'll have to stay up. Hoperfully I'm not sitting in a queue for 1-2 hours. Least I don't work early tomorrow, start later in the afternoon so I can afford to stay up.

gardenia_spectre
03-13-2018, 10:26 PM
Will calling work for Fan Club presale?

ManBurning
03-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Do you have to create a Southbank Centre account before purchasing tickets? Kind of like how you need to create a ticketmaster account in order to place an order?
Anyone know? Little less than 6 hours to go...

TheBang
03-14-2018, 12:22 AM
The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100).
Someone earlier in this thread said there were 500 seats for the NIN presale.

Any idea what the deal is with the rest of the venue? I’m not sure if they’ve just sold out the SB members allocation or whether the NIN presale is literally all that’s left and there will be no general sale.
There are seats held back for the general sale.

Will calling work for Fan Club presale?
It certainly can't hurt to try while you're waiting for your online queue.

afors
03-14-2018, 02:18 AM
Southbank Twitter -
"Our Members always have the first chance to buy pre-sale tickets, Nine Inch Nails also reserved some tickets for their fans."

"Although we had to stagger the queue this morning due to high demand, there is still good availability for Members tickets for all gigs except Nine Inch Nails."

They don't mention a general release availability, and several people are tweeting them about having taken membership out for nothing.

I think I know already how this is going to go today...

simonn
03-14-2018, 02:30 AM
I spoke to box office last week, and they said tickets are held back for general sale.

afors
03-14-2018, 02:42 AM
I spoke to box office last week, and they said tickets are held back for general sale.
Just don't tell that to anyone who spent money on membership yesterday. Judging by reactions on their twitter account anyway!
I'm likely going to have a frustrating 2 mornings then.....
I wonder how fan pre-sale goes today if queuing at venue. Seems like you have to click link from email to buy these? No? Takes you to a different holding
page than the general one.

zephyr
03-14-2018, 04:10 AM
There was never any promise of getting tickets from the membership; that's entirely not the point and if that's the reason you bought it, you messed up, it's on you.

Click the link today I believe, as it shows a promo code when you do!

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 04:20 AM
I had the link open for the last hour and I just refreshed now and i'm in a queue...

What makes it worse is it says this:

We still have tickets remaining for most gigs

limited availability
My Bloody Valentine

no availability
Nine Inch Nails

sooooooo, is this pointless? Are we trying for nothing? Fan pre-sale all sold out already?

Mutilated
03-14-2018, 04:22 AM
I'm hoping it says no availability because they're not available until 10am.

katara
03-14-2018, 04:25 AM
I had the link open for the last hour and I just refreshed now and i'm in a queue...

What makes it worse is it says this:

We still have tickets remaining for most gigs

limited availability
My Bloody Valentine

no availability
Nine Inch Nails

sooooooo, is this pointless? Are we trying for nothing? Fan pre-sale all sold out already?
Is that the link from the email with the promo code? If this is true, it's insane. So we never even had a chance?

I only just opened the link a few minutes ago. Never thought for a second that there'd be a queue before 10am.

ManBurning
Now it says Nine Inch Nails fan pre-sale at 10am...

Mutilated
Yurt!!!! Updated message!!!

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 04:27 AM
and my heart really just started beating faster now...

I'm afraid I didn't get in this queue early enough.

katara
03-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Am I looking at a different page? There's no updated message for me...

I clicked the 'Get Tickets' link in the email.

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Clicking the link in the e-mail should have brought you to a secret page that said "nine inch nails pre-sale" or something with the secret code listed.
But I sat on that page for an hour and then went to take a shower, and when I came out I refreshed it and then it put me in a queue.

zephyr
03-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Ah, my friend, Queue it!

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 04:32 AM
updated message says:

Message last updated: 09:31 The Nine Inch Nails fan pre-sale starts at 10am

Due to high demand for Robert Smith's Meltdown we are holding all customers in this waiting room. If you would like tickets for anything else, please keep waiting. Thanks for your patience.
There is no current availability for My Bloody Valentine.

katara
03-14-2018, 04:33 AM
Clicking the link in the e-mail should have brought you to a secret page that said "nine inch nails pre-sale" or something with the secret code listed.
But I sat on that page for an hour and then went to take a shower, and when I came out I refreshed it and then it put me in a queue.
Well, shit. I may be screwed. Guess I'll stick around until 10 or so. Maybe I'll get lucky.

It would have been nice of them to say that there'd be a digital queue system. But then their servers may have been overloaded.

ChipRock
03-14-2018, 04:35 AM
Waiting room huh? Guess that means we should all sit in silence, avoiding eye contact, flicking through Caravanning Monthly or whatever. Beginning to wonder whether people can tell that I'm listening to Panorama 2017 on my earphones...

MrPogo
03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
There was never any promise of getting tickets from the membership; that's entirely not the point and if that's the reason you bought it, you messed up, it's on you.

Click the link today I believe, as it shows a promo code when you do!

It does appear to explicitly state that members get first shot at the tickets though. The NIN presale is one thing, but if I’d signed up I’d be pissed off to discover tickets had been held back for general release.

icklekitty
03-14-2018, 04:47 AM
It does appear to explicitly state that members get first shot at the tickets though. The NIN presale is one thing, but if I’d signed up I’d be pissed off to discover tickets had been held back for general release.

I agree; I think this is a fundamental flaw with South Bank Membership. I'm members at other clubs and priority should mean priority - or at least the BEST SEATS. I remember someone posted here saying that staff said tickets at all levels were held back.

Also, once again I was online and logged in and refreshing from 8.30am. I by chance clicked the link on my phone about 20 minutes ago and got put straight into the queue. My computer? Still at the same page....

I've taken screenshots this time so will be telling off SBC. If anyone here works in web development, I think you have a new client...

afors
03-14-2018, 04:49 AM
Dang missed 9.30am. In digital queue now. I don't hold up much hope though.

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 04:51 AM
Crap i just got in line...fudge!

zephyr
03-14-2018, 04:51 AM
I appreciate that point. I will be somewhat irked if my suspicions of the first 2/3 rows being held back is correct but I anyone bitching for a refund on their membership is unfounded imo.

afors
03-14-2018, 04:53 AM
I still think there will be another London show. It makes no sense, Trent wanting to play a small gig in a strange choice of venue in front of South Bank members only other than to show support to Robert Smith.
I'm thinking big London headliner announced by end of week, start of next. Just hope it isn't an outdoor festival.

zephyr
03-14-2018, 04:57 AM
I imagine we'll get a festival date somwhere, though I'm not sure what festivals are left....

katara
03-14-2018, 04:57 AM
I still think there will be another London show. It makes no sense, Trent wanting to play a small gig in a strange choice of venue in front of South Bank members only other than to show support to Robert Smith.
I'm thinking big London headliner announced by end of week, start of next. Just hope it isn't an outdoor festival.
They did something similar with the Scala in 2013. We didn't get a show until almost a year after that.

gardenia_spectre
03-14-2018, 04:58 AM
Forgot about the few weeks where UK/ET is 4 hours difference and woke up too early. Saw there was no queue so went back to sleep. To my dismay missed the start of the queue...in the waiting room now.

zephyr
03-14-2018, 05:00 AM
12mins.

Defo missed out on this one. Hey ho, row D is good!

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 05:01 AM
35mins...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

Digital Twilight
03-14-2018, 05:02 AM
5 min waiting time

afors
26 minutes est. will it be sold out in 26min?

arsenic
40 min... damn

Microwave Jellyfish
03-14-2018, 05:03 AM
Your estimated wait time is: 27 minutes
Feel it coming apart
Well
At least I tried

katara
03-14-2018, 05:04 AM
I refreshed the page 1 minute before. Got my ticket! FUCK YES LET'S DO THIS

Edit: To be fair, I had been sitting refreshing for 45 minutes.

afors
coming down in time real fast now

Haysey_Draws
It's dropping quick, 27mins and now 19 in the space of 4 mins...guessing it's all gone...

ChipRock
03-14-2018, 05:05 AM
Can't believe it. We're just about to have a fire drill at work, so there's no way I can be at my desk once it goes off. 2 mins left to queue it says... this is going to be very close...

Tom
03-14-2018, 05:06 AM
All gone on front stalls. Plenty left on rear stalls. You'll be fine.

satanspropaganda
03-14-2018, 05:06 AM
Two front row seats sorted for my friend :) I am doing Paris and Berlin, but he seems to have the worst luck with gig tickets! So I sorted them for him. Kind of regretting being at Graspop while it's on now I could have been front row :'D

icklekitty
03-14-2018, 05:08 AM
After all that palaver, my logged-in screen which didn't put me in the queue before 10am put me straight through to ticket sales AT 10am and now I HAVE FRONT ROW TICKETS!

zephyr
03-14-2018, 05:09 AM
So front row was reserved for this pre-sale. Slightly annoying vs SB members, but hey ho. Row D is great.

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 05:09 AM
I'd take a seat at the back tbh...8mins

Digital Twilight
03-14-2018, 05:11 AM
Only seats available were rear stalls and balcony. Got one near the front on the balcony.

WorzelG
03-14-2018, 05:11 AM
Yes yes, my friend did the presale phoned and got row A! So excited. So I have 4 balcony row M tickets to get rid of. (Right at the back) I may end up just giving them back to Southbank as returns

afors
03-14-2018, 05:12 AM
Not est time now is it sold out?

WorzelG
I'd take a seat at the back tbh...8mins
Phone 0203 8799 555 ask for switchboard

Mutilated
Got my tickets. The site was very buggy for me....but success in the end.

scardwel
Booked for the 5th row. Happy with that. I managed to bypass the "queue" by having a different browser (Firefox) open, signed into Southbank account I'd registered with yestarday and pressing refresh. It took me to the seatmap straight away. Sorted!
Looks like all the front 2 row seats had gone unless some are held back for tomorrow.

Haysey_Draws

I'm guessing so...

gardenia_spectre
03-14-2018, 05:13 AM
Still in queue with no estimated time now...

Tom
03-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Front what I could tell, there were still not tickets available for the central chunks of rows a and b, but there was stuff on the sides for both. Here's what was available when I got in at 10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm43spkmc1shd5q/front.png?dl=0

MrPogo
03-14-2018, 05:15 AM
Ended up in Row G. Still pretty awesome, but pretty sure I could have got front row if I hadn’t wasted over a minute trying to select seats before realising you have to clicks “get best available tickets”.

Microwave Jellyfish
03-14-2018, 05:19 AM
Same here.

Fuck this, if anyone needs me I'll be fuming in my room, staring at Meathead vids.

afors
03-14-2018, 05:20 AM
Unless they are doing more sales 'staggering' today like they said they were doing yesterday, then it has to be sold out.

Tom
03-14-2018, 05:21 AM
All gone now. A bit unfair for those without SBC accounts; there seemed to be no queue system for those with accounts - I was taken straight in. There seemed to be a lot of tickets though - certainly more than the 100 or so that I'd heard mention of yesterday.

Haysey_Draws
"Nine Inch Nails fan pre-sale has now sold out, more tickets will be available in the general on sale on Thursday."

...FUDGE! I was 4mins away!

miss k bee
Yep presale sold out.. not surprised

afors
03-14-2018, 05:22 AM
Where are you getting the message of all gone?

Digital Twilight
03-14-2018, 05:23 AM
Same here.

Fuck this, if anyone needs me I'll be fuming in my room, staring at Meathead vids.

Still the general sale tomorrow. My advice would be to log on to the southbank site real early. They put you in a que so the earlier you log on the better the chances. I was on the website about 9:20 and I got through in about five mins.

gardenia_spectre
03-14-2018, 05:24 AM
Sold out.

afors
03-14-2018, 05:24 AM
Just seen the message. Well done to everyone who got some. Can't believe 15 min made so much difference. Will be hitting reload
for queue system from 9 tomorrow!

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 05:25 AM
I got absolute crap. I hate myself.
I have the seats at the very back of the fucking venue.

I fucked up big time...

I originally had rear stalls EE, but I was like fuck that, let me load up another page and keep these as backup (That usually works with ticketmaster. As long as you have them in your basket, you can do another search and still get the first pair as long as the timer hasn't run out), Anyway, doing another search fucked me over and then I got row KK, and then I tried to snap back to get my EE's back, and next thing you know there was nothing but balcony. To make matters worse, the EE's I had were "16 and under concession" Whatever that meant... so I tried to go back and change them to regular.... man, I dun fucked this up...

I started panicking and just figured whatever, just get A TICKET inside, doesn't matter where... Just buy anything!!

Ended up with Balcony Row K...

Guess I'm trying again tomorrow for the General admission sale.

scardwel
03-14-2018, 05:26 AM
All gone now. A bit unfair for those without SBC accounts;

It's free to register. You don't need to purchase membership just register your details. Once logged in you can bypass the "queue". Worked for me.

Tom
03-14-2018, 05:27 AM
If you didn't get a ticket and you're in London then really try and go to the SBC early tomorrow and get in the queue. At this point it's your best chance.

katara
03-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Meltdown just tweeted this (https://twitter.com/meltdownfest/status/973868438383972353) a few minutes ago:

The NIN fan pre-sale allocation that went on sale this morning has now sold out. A limited number of NIN tickets will go on general sale Thursday 15 March at 10am #MeltdownFest

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 05:36 AM
Keep refreshing guys, there are still tickets. I went back, got JJ back stalls.
Threw them back in.

Now I have a single ticket for row D in the balcony.

chuckrh
03-14-2018, 05:39 AM
a friend on the cure fan forum got in right away on the band presale. seemed to be happy with the seats he got.

ManBurning
dammit, 4 in price level A just popped up. I wans't fast enough!!!!

Haysey_Draws
Keep refreshing guys, there are still tickets. I went back, got JJ back stalls.
Threw them back in.

Now I have a single ticket for row D in the balcony.

Just did...all gone :(

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT I JUST GOT A TICKET!!!! BALCONY ROW K, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S AT THE BACK I HAVE A TICKET!!!

Thomas W Jefford
03-14-2018, 05:48 AM
Managed to get balcony tickets. Might have been cold hands on a mobile screen, but im cool with it.
Hope you all manage to get one

ManBurning
03-14-2018, 05:54 AM

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT I JUST GOT A TICKET!!!! BALCONY ROW K, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S AT THE BACK I HAVE A TICKET!!!

Well, looks like we're neighbours, I'm K 44 and 45 in the Balcony.

Aphelion
03-14-2018, 05:56 AM
Also just got two tickets, Balcony row G.

arsenic
03-14-2018, 05:57 AM

same here I got row K. Thanks ManBurning

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 05:59 AM
Well, looks like we're neighbours, I'm K 44 and 45 in the Balcony.

Awesome, maybe not neighbours, i'm K-9 (not the robot dog). At least i have a ticket, i just need to remember to bring my vita to pass the time :)

Thanks for tipping us to keep trying!

sheepdean
03-14-2018, 06:01 AM
B-33 Stalls, anyone nearby?

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 06:07 AM
same here I got row K. Thanks @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33)

Looks like the ETS is taking over row K!

ChipRock
03-14-2018, 06:08 AM
Stupid work, stupid fire drill... If I had been in the queue on my phone rather than on the PC I would have been okay.

Well done to all who got good tickets anyway. I've been refreshing and seen a few tickets appear, only to disappear again when I click purchase - there were even some near the front at some point. Luck of the draw I guess.

I did hesitate on some balcony tickets, but a quick look at google images reminded me how good a venue it is. Not ideal of course, but still a good view, and it's not like this is an arena. I'll probably keep trying through the day, just in case. Otherwise - same time tomorrow!

afors
03-14-2018, 06:10 AM
Can someone explain the dynamics going on. I quit pre-sale queue after sold out message. Then they come back on sale.
Now gone, WTF kind of system is this?

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Can someone explain the dynamics going on. I quit pre-sale queue after sold out message. Then they come back on sale.
Now gone, WTF kind of system is this?

No idea. Atticus posted on Twitter that the system they were using was far from ideal. Keep refreshing the page, you might get lucky still.

afors
03-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Returns maybe?

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 06:24 AM
Maybe. The tickets being kicked back i was getting were all over the shop, maybe payments didn't clear or something. The system was a mess.

Never know, you might get a Row K with the rest of us :)

afors
03-14-2018, 06:26 AM
Which page are you refreshing is it the one ending "p=106581" with the promo code + pink shaded message "currently not available"

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Which page are you refreshing is it the one ending "p=106581" with the promo code + pink shaded message "currently not available"

That's the page (the link from the email pre-sale) just keep refreshing that.

arsenic
03-14-2018, 06:36 AM

I'd recommend checking your browser's history, finding the URL of the queuing page and you'll be redirected to the page ending in "p=106581" followed by your queue key number, although I'm not sure it makes a difference. From there, be sure that Promo says "ANXIETY" and keep refreshing the page.

I got another one, front stalls this time (F34). Keep checking throughout the day, you never know!

afors
03-14-2018, 06:46 AM
Thanks. Are there just singles popping up? No use need 2. Will keep refreshing though.
Very frustrating process. Strange how the ones popping up are not just being added to general release tomorrow.

bowler_hat
03-14-2018, 07:15 AM
After being unlucky yesterday I managed to get a couple of tickets through the presale today. I'd also taken a look to see if any other sites might be selling tickets in the general sale tomorrow. Came across this https://www.ents24.com/london-events/meltdown-southbank-centre/nine-inch-nails/5274303 Guess it might be worth having this open in a browser tomorrow as well as the Southbank site when the regular tickets go one sale.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow who hasn't yet succeeded.

Tom
03-14-2018, 07:49 AM
I didn't buy any more tickets today. I looked just in case I could get seats in the central chunk of the front row, but seemingly none were available. My guess then is that either these are being held back for general sale tomorrow, or (what seems to me more likely), they've been reserved for friends of the band, and other dignitaries. I'm hoping it's the latter, since I've not got the stamina to get up at 4am to stand in another box office queue tomorrow morning.

captainkurtz
03-14-2018, 08:02 AM
I didn't buy any more tickets today. I looked just in case I could get seats in the central chunk of the front row, but seemingly none were available. My guess then is that either these are being held back for general sale tomorrow, or (what seems to me more likely), they've been reserved for friends of the band, and other dignitaries. I'm hoping it's the latter, since I've not got the stamina to get up at 4am to stand in another box office queue tomorrow morning.
Well, theres people here who got front row...I'm thinking they were all in the fan presale. Wasn't able to better the rear stalls tickets I got yesterday. Glad Ive got any..but crushed when you look at what was available today....

MrPogo
03-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I’m assuming the front two rows in the centre block are probably guest list etc rather than held back for general sale.

afors
03-14-2018, 08:22 AM
KEEP HITTING REFRESH

I have been hitting reload all morning since pointed out here, with no success.
My wife hits refresh a minute ago and scored two tickets Rear Stalls row PP!!!

Thank you so much for the refresh suggestion, and see you all there!

Very happy!

simonn
03-14-2018, 08:23 AM
No idea. Atticus posted on Twitter that the system they were using was far from ideal. Keep refreshing the page, you might get lucky still.

That's not Atticus, that's a website run by someone quite well known from here...!

Haysey_Draws
03-14-2018, 09:04 AM
That's not Atticus, that's a website run by someone quite well known from here...!

...i've been played!

icklekitty
03-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I’m assuming the front two rows in the centre block are probably guest list etc rather than held back for general sale.

Yes, I think so too. When I went to the page there was a perfectly symmetrical block of unavailable tickets. There could be some interesting famous people there, or it could be for an evening's supply of Robert Smith's lipstick.

WorzelG
03-14-2018, 09:07 AM
People should try phoning and going through to switchboard (NOT ticketing), DON’T rely solely on the website, have that up and try the phone in the meantime. I did this after an hour of trying the website on Tuesday and got through in 5 mins but only balcony left, my friend did the same in the presale and got front row tickets

afors
03-14-2018, 09:42 AM
What exactly is this stipulation. Do you get refused entry if your name on ticket mismatches your ID or something ?
@meltdownfest tweet -
"Please note that it is against our terms and conditions to sell tickets above face value for profit or commercial gain. Tickets bought from unauthorised third parties will be invalid for entry."