PDA

View Full Version : Beer!

demgoth
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I know there is the drunk tank and the home-brewing thread but I didn't see a thread specifically for discussing favorite beers. In the past few months I have gotten really into the craft beer world. I love trying a new beer I've never had before and seem to have an ever-growing list of favorites!
I think my favorite brewery has been and will remain Dogfish Head, from Milton, Delaware. Almost everything I've tried from them has been fantastic and I've tried just about 30 of them! They produce great year round offerings like the 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, and Raison D'Etre.. as well as lots of special releases throughout the year such as the powerful 120 Minute IPA (18% abv), Burton Baton, three different music-inspired beers (Robert Johnson's Hellhound On My Ale, Miles Davis Bitches Brew, and Pearl Jam Faithfull Ale), and Fort (an 18% abv beer made with raspberries) which I just picked up today and haven't tried yet. That's only scratching the surface of what they offer too.
I went to my first 'beer fest' in October in Staten Island at the Staten Island Yankees minor league ballpark on the waterfront overlooking Manhattan and it was amazing. I tried over 30 different beers at that event in 4 hours as well as eating some great food but that's beside the point (yes, I was pretty wasted towards the end). I love the endless possibilities and how different beers can be. For example, beer aged in bourbon barrels which I am trying for the first time tonight and it's like a whole new ballgame!
In addition to the Dogfish Head Fort that I picked up today I also picked up a 750ml bottle of Brooklyn Brewery's 2011 Black Ops, a "top-secret" unadvertised bourbon barrel aged stout produced once a year in batches of only 1000 cases. I'll be saving that bad boy for a while but I did however crack open a 12 oz. bottle of my other purchase of the day, a 4-pack of Goose Island (an excellent brewery in Chicago) 2011 Bourbon County Brand Stout. It's strong (14.5% abv), dark and amazing. This is the first time I've ever had bourbon barrel aged beer and like I said, it opens up a whole new realm of possibilities and tastes for beer. Another good one I had recently was Deschutes Brewery's The Abyss on tap at Todd English P.U.B. in Las Vegas. Deschutes is in Oregon and only distributes to the Western half of the US unfortunately for me but it was great to try anyway.
If I go to a bar and the options are limited I guess I have no choice, but I really can not see myself willingly buying any of the big guys stuff anymore (Bud, Coors, etc.). It's so dumbed down compared to the great craft options out there. Well I'd love to hear about everyone else's favorites!

Harry Seaward
12-15-2011, 10:13 PM
All I read in that was 'Blah blah blah beer.'

Vodka or bust.

demgoth
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
well that's the whole point of the thread! GTFO to the drunk tank with ya!

Goldfoot
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
And now Harry is leaning toward the asshole end of the meter.

I just got done drinking two Leffe blondes. I was going to follow them up with a Koenings Hoven Tripel, but I'm tired and I don't want to pass out in my chair, wasting half the beer. I'll take time to make a decent post about my favorites later, but I've tried more kinds than probably anyone I know, aside from a couple people around my parents' ages. I've got to be 700+ by now. I stopped counting a few years ago at 500.

nineinchtool
12-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Love Dogfish Head! Their pumpkin is my current favorite pumpkin beer...wish it wasn't just seasonal.

Love me a good stout or porter. IPAs too.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
12-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Maybe this should be a beer & spirits thread, with Drunk Tank for those experiencing the effects of such.

I'm fond of stouts. I love Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout and Portsmouth Kate The Great. The limited annual Stone Imperial Stout is also a cherished batch.

Also, Belgian ales, especially abbey ales. Chimay is popular and deserving; Brouwerij St. Bernardus has a collection of great brews, with my favorite being the St. Bernardus Abt 12.

Lately I've been pulling selections from the Allagash Brewing Company out of Portland, Maine. All I've tried so far have been top-notch.

And when I just want to get fucked up on something beautiful, smooth, and sweet, I pick up the 700 mL bottle of La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue, based in Quebec.

Torgo
12-16-2011, 01:42 AM
I like pictures. Words suck.

These are the beers I like right now:

thelastdisciple
12-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Hmm I'm not too educated when it comes to Beer, I've tried many different kinds and i really can't tell the difference aside from maybe the cheap stuff and how harsh something could be, between an ale or a lager i have no clue.

I suppose I've been kind of conditioned to the "McDonald's" or fast food type of beer brands, your typical Kokanee, Alexander Keith's, Budweiser, Molson. I actually care less for the latter two of the four i mentioned have stuck with Kokanee for the most part it just has a comfortable taste and I've been drinking it the most. Although I have tried local brewers like Big Rock and Granville Island and didn't mind some of them. I like Steamwhistle Pilsner, and a good Kilkenny irish cream ale once in a while, Guinness etc. some Heineken or Becks I've tried although i find them skunky.

Recently i tried this one called What the Huck, it was huckleberry flavoured. Quite an interesting taste.

When it comes down to it I'll drink whatever, if i want to get smashed.. drink 20, bloat myself and be cheap it'll be "just beer" but if it's a casual, social outing I'll tend to pick from more of the Guinness-y stuff.

I've never been into hard liquors at all, so being adventurous with beer is pretty much all I've got when it comes to the alcohol.

EDIT: Oh forgot, i like Jamaica's Red Stripe as well.

leo3375
12-16-2011, 02:10 AM
My brewskis of choice. I choose to support local breweries.

http://www.funkstrong.com/beer/surlyfurious1.jpg
http://fasthorseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/59264_431194059789_29712814789_5164803_3298664_n.j pg
http://www.howderfamily.com/graphics/zymurgy/great_waters_pint.jpg
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/images/20110325-bottom-shelf-grain-belt.jpg

The last one is a popular drink of choice with the local hipsters. PBR is too mainstream.

ManBurning
12-16-2011, 04:47 AM
raspberry wheat ale\111111 oh god. i'm terrible drunk right noe and have to be up in 6 hrs to get puscifer tickets... this isn't going to go overt r over so well....

theimage13
12-16-2011, 05:18 AM
I had my first bottle of this year's KBS (Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout) last night. The bourbon was a lot less prominent than this time last year - a welcome change. Absolutely delicious.

And for Torgo, since she likes pictures:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cPbHL31e5mM/Tbxq68grNCI/AAAAAAAAAOg/0IDn0hyF5Ws/s400/beergeek.jpg

p.s. Leo, I hate you for living in Surly's distribution area.

Harry Seaward
12-16-2011, 06:05 AM
And now Harry is leaning toward the asshole end of the meter.

Excuse me, I was a bit drunk earlier. Apparently I stumbled into the wrong thread.

REPLICA
12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
SUMMER ALE - SAMUEL ADAMS
One of my favorite Sam Adams

From the local brewery - Highland Brewing Company (Asheville, NC)
St. Terese's Pale Ale

Gaelic Ale

COLD MOUNTAIN - Highland's winter seasonal - the flavors in this one change from year to year.

I have also tried the limited batches of Samuel Adams The Vixen and Tasman Red. The Tasman Red was my favorite of the two, there are two other beer from the limited batches that I haven't tried - I can't remember their names though.

ubermensch
12-16-2011, 08:26 AM
my go to beer would have to be michelob amberbock.

sentient02970
12-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Anything that these guys brew, I enjoy drinking:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pSeXTm-KFHU/TfOyhqjcf0I/AAAAAAAADqE/5jFqAsjBdaw/s400/2.jpg

spahn
12-16-2011, 08:40 AM
A friend of mine is very educated on beers. He's even started up a blog reviewing many different beers, not the ones you find in your local grocery store either.
Check it out and let me know what you think. I am sure he would love some feedback.

http://brewforall.blogspot.com/

sentient02970
12-16-2011, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine is very educated on beers. He's even started up a blog reviewing many different beers, not the ones you find in your local grocery store either.
Check it out and let me know what you think. I am sure he would love some feedback.

Thanks. Great stuff in there! Following..

Mech
12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Sierra Nevada - Torpedo (extra IPA) is where it's at for me right now.

Goldfoot
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I think my favorite brewery has been and will remain Dogfish Head, from Milton, Delaware. Almost everything I've tried from them has been fantastic and I've tried just about 30 of them! They produce great year round offerings like the 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, and Raison D'Etre.. as well as lots of special releases throughout the year such as the powerful 120 Minute IPA (18% abv), Burton Baton, three different music-inspired beers (Robert Johnson's Hellhound On My Ale, Miles Davis Bitches Brew, and Pearl Jam Faithfull Ale), and Fort (an 18% abv beer made with raspberries) which I just picked up today and haven't tried yet. That's only scratching the surface of what they offer too.

I recently had the Hellhounds On My Ale and it was pretty damn delicious. I haven't had the 120, but I've had 60, though that was back when I didn't enjoy IPAs. I've also had the Raisin D'etre, and actually have some in the house right now. It's harder for us to get their special brews here in Michigan, but I've also had had: Burton Baton, Midas Touch, Punkin, and Life & Limb, which is their collaboration with Sierra Nevada. It seems like I've had more, but I do not recall at the moment.

I love the endless possibilities and how different beers can be. For example, beer aged in bourbon barrels which I am trying for the first time tonight and it's like a whole new ballgame!

Yeah, it's really great how wide the spectrum of beer is. At the same time, though, it's sad that a lot of people are so limited in their experience of beer. I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to name 20 different beers total, and this local brewery has 40+ of their own on tap at all times. I could probably name at least 30 from Sam Adams that are available on a regular basis. Even though they are a nationwide brewery, they made some pretty damn good beer. Their Winter Classics pack now includes the Chocolate Bock, and it's amazing. It used to be only available in 750ml bottles and they'd only brew it when they felt like it. Having it two years in a row is a real treat, plus this year they released Black & Brew coffee stout in the pack. As you said, I don't drink the lower end beers unless it's my only option and I want a beer. At the last concert I went to it was Bud Light or nothing, but most of the bigger venues at least have Guinness. A lot of places, at least around here, are getting better about having local brews on tap, which is always nice.

I went to BeerAdvocate today and realized they now have an option to mark of beers that you've had. This wasn't there the last time I really looked around the site, so now I've been going around marking ones I've had. I'm nearly at 100 and I've really only gone through Bell's, Founders, New Holland, Dark Horse, Great Lakes, and Dogfish Head. Those first four are from here in Michigan, Great Lakes is in Cleveland, and you know about Dogfish. It was our love of craft beer that has lead me and some friends to brew our own beer. It's great to be able to make beer that you don't see in stores. Even aside from that, it's great to get some really good craft beer and just enjoy it with friends that also appreciate good beer.

There are many other breweries across the country I've tried beer from, but there's even more I just don't have access to because of limited distribution. I really want to take a long road trip and visit some of the states that have a good amount of craft breweries. Plus there's beer from across the pond that's worth talking about. The most prestigious would be the Trappists. I've had at least one beer from each of the Trappist abbeys that actually ship over here. One I even had on tap a few years ago! That was a great birthday dinner.

sentient02970
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Black & Brew is amazing, had some last night. I'm not even sure if I like the Chocolate Bock better or not. Both have that great deep smoothness to them.

As for "venue beers", at a Giants game last year I ended up paying $9.50 for a bottle (that's right, one bottle) of Bud Light. Never doing that again.

frankie teardrop
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I just got done drinking two Leffe blondes.

i *thought* i liked leffe here in the states until i went to france and had some on tap. i've never been able to drink the american imported version since.

a favorite seasonal is the abita strawberry, homemade in new orleans. tried it on tap at that bar across the street from nothing studios (shush, everyone) but NYC tends to get a nice shipment in at springtime. so tasty and crisp!

sad pumpkin ale season is out... didn't consume nearly enough.

also love white/wheat beers. allagash is definitely nice.

NIN64
12-16-2011, 11:25 AM
From the end of November to until about February I only drink Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. If fact I just drank another 12 pack last night. . .

REPLICA
12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
I could probably name at least 30 from Sam Adams that are available on a regular basis. Even though they are a nationwide brewery, they made some pretty damn good beer. I love how they have a whole list of different flavors and styles. Blackberry Witbier, Latitude 48 IPA, Cherry Wheat, and the seasonal beers Summer Ale, Octoberfest and Noble Pills are great ones.

Their Winter Classics pack now includes the Chocolate Bock, and it's amazing. It used to be only available in 750ml bottles and they'd only brew it when they felt like it. Having it two years in a row is a real treat, plus this year they released Black & Brew coffee stout in the pack.

Dude, that Winter Classics pack is amazing, I like getting the Old Fezziwig and the Black & Brew was a nice treat.

theimage13
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Heh...those are the kinds of beers you would find at the local grocery store back home. The guy in charge of their beer selection is a super nerd, and pulls every string he can to keep nothing but the latest and greatest - as well as the lesser known bottles - in stock at all times. Sadly, I left that behind for a state that won't even let me buy beer from anyone but a distributor (full case, and at a kind of crappy price) or a store with a specialty license (at a wallet raping price). Fuck you, PA.

razzletiger
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
While I'll still crack open a Bud Select every once in awhile (STL represent), I, too, am all about the craft beers. Schlafly here in St. Louis and Boulevard in Kansas City are both favorites (as well as the microbrewery and restaurant practically down the street from me). I've lately been all about Schlafly's seasonal, Black Lager, which is crazy delicious - as dark as Guinness, but hardly bitter.

...and now I want a beer.

demgoth
12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm almost ashamed to say (as someone who enjoys good beer) that tonight I am trying Chimay for the first time. Ashamed because it should have been a lot sooner.. it's quite good!

theimage13
12-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Found a forgotten bottle of Founders Red Rye in the basement about half an hour ago. Threw it in the freezer, and cracking it open now. It's definitely not as good as it would have been when I bought it (which was....?????), but it's still a good deal better than a lot of other bottles out there.

orestes
12-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh what I wouldn't give to have a Yuengling. :(

Lunatica
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UIIt_EkiqfA/SjAUBsaF2OI/AAAAAAAAH88/ufmhMEmVrjA/s400/pr3.jpg

I drank a 6 pack last night. It's like tasty water.

It's the cheapest beer in Puerto Rico and I'm proud of it, it goes with the climate, It's damn refreshing.

konstantin
12-21-2011, 09:01 AM
favorites are Belgian Blond Ales, with Affligem leading the list, followed by Leffe. of course there are plenty of obscure and much better Belgian beers, but if you can't really find them anywhere but at some obscure bar/restaurant, what's the point? Also last week I discovered that Leffe Brown Ale has entered the US market too!!! It's awfully tasty but still doesn't beat Leffe Rouge, which I've only had overseas so it can't enter my favorites list until it's actually on the US market.

I'm also pretty big on drinking beer in the right glass, i.e.
http://media.uvinum.net/wines/affligem-blond-434801.jpg
at any given time the fridge contains one of (and sometimes all of) these: Affligem Blond, Leffe Blond, Hoegaarden. all are easy to find and cost less than $10 for a 6 pack = WIN

sentient02970
12-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Affligem Blond, Leffe Blond, Hoegaarden. all are easy to find and cost less than $10 for a 6 pack = WIN
OK, convinced. I'm stopping by the store for one or all of these tonight.

fixate
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm a big fan of Belgian style brews. I will have to try the aforementioned Affligem. If I had to pick a favorite it would be:
http://bocktherobber.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/duvel.jpg

Also, possibly of interest to some of you folks. A couple friends of mine are working on a big beer database that allows you to keep track of, rate, and comment on beers you've had. Also has a friend list built in so that you can recommend beers to people. It hasn't launched yet, but there's a landing page up with a signup: www.brewtrackr.com (http://www.brewtrackr.com)

frankie teardrop
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
as far as mexican beers are concerned, it doesn't get much better than this:

http://luekensliquors.com/store/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/images/pacifico_bottle1.jpg

pacifico: beats the pants off of corona/dos equis/negra modelo. especially awesome in the summertime with some grapefruit juice thrown in there!

Dra508
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm not a huge beer drinker, but recently I've been jonesing for this one and bought a six pack the other day. I think I will crack one this evening.

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/harpoon/Image/labels/beer_photos/ipa_b_g_200x367(1).jpg
Also, when I travel, I always want to go to a local pub and get a local brew. I like Sierra Nevada in California and Shiner Boch while in Texas.

Torgo
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Drinking Arrogant Bastard IPA while working on something catered for people with ADD who love Hollywood stories.

http://www.wilbertsmusic.com/stone-ipa-closeup.jpg

konstantin
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
also for the holidays this boy is the yummers! it's basically aged beer

http://i.imgur.com/veYnI.jpg

Tea
12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
at any given time the fridge contains one of (and sometimes all of) these: Affligem Blond, Leffe Blond, Hoegaarden. all are easy to find and cost less than $10 for a 6 pack = WIN
I love these, but unfortunately I can only get Hoegaarden in my state that controls religion-hating liquor. Hoegaarden, in Belgium, was what let me enjoy beer at all. I honestly can't get into spirits much anymore since I don't like them straight (whiskey, etc) and mixers are usually too sweet. Darker beers and creamy red wines are my thing lately.

Fixer808
12-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Drinking Arrogant Bastard IPA while working on something catered for people with ADD who love Hollywood stories.

Somewhere in Oregon, John just blew a load.

theimage13
12-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Wait...are you drinking Stone IPA, or are you drinking Arrogant Bastard? They're both delicious, but they're two extremely different brews.

Also, I'd highly suggest a visit to BeerAdvocate.com for anyone who's interested in beer on any level whatsoever. Everything from tips for complete beer noobs to shouting matches between beer snobs over the most meticulous details of a large number of beers. Good stuff.

theimage13
12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Oh what I wouldn't give to have a Yuengling. :(

Where do you live? You probably have tasty beer that I can't get. And Yuengling flows like water in PA. I believe we can come to some sort of arrangement (yes, I've done this before).

Goldfoot
12-22-2011, 12:45 AM
also for the holidays this boy is the yummers! it's basically aged beer

A Christmas Ale is more than just aged beer. They usually have spices like nutmeg and cinnamon in them.

konstantin
12-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Well yeah, it even says so on the label. I just meant that what makes this particular christmas ale special was that it gets better as it ages. But not like anyone would be buying those now and drink then next year. If you can find it in a beer and wine store it's likely that it's already aged.

fixate
12-22-2011, 08:13 AM
And Yuengling flows like water in PA.

Indeed. I enjoy it but don't go out of my way to order it unless I'm looking to keep my tab cheap.

Delusional
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I also love Belgian/style beers. This is what I have on hand right now;

http://beerimages.pintley.com/7631/ommegang3_large.pnghttp://www.bullz-eye.com/beer/2008/images/hennepin.jpghttp://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8324/premiere75clverre63512z.jpghttp://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/01/101eac64-c74a-11df-bb51-0017a4a78c22/4c9bac94d9e49.preview-300.jpg

I think I'll crack the Three Philosophers tonight in celebration of the solstice, I haven't tried this one yet.

Torgo
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Wait...are you drinking Stone IPA, or are you drinking Arrogant Bastard? They're both delicious, but they're two extremely different brews.

Also, I'd highly suggest a visit to BeerAdvocate.com for anyone who's interested in beer on any level whatsoever. Everything from tips for complete beer noobs to shouting matches between beer snobs over the most meticulous details of a large number of beers. Good stuff.

Yep - I meant Stone. I have another bottle of Arrogant Bastard in my fridge and I somehow got that messed up. The brewery is also fun to visit here, and when you leave - you can take a growler of your favorite beer:

(I don't know if you can tell - but that's 64 ounces.)

http://www.mtbbill.com/cpg/albums/TourDeCA/normal_StoneGrowler.jpg

theimage13
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Oh believe me, I know all about visiting Stone...although sadly, I have yet to actually do it. I've promised myself that when I finally hit San Diego on a tour, I'll try to break off between line check and doors and get to the brewery. Did you happen to see any of their big bottles while they were there? My best friend's brother gave him one of the 3L bottles - complete with padlocked swing-top lid - for Christmas a few years ago. I was pretty jealous.

Goldfoot
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Did you happen to see any of their big bottles while they were there? My best friend's brother gave him one of the 3L bottles - complete with padlocked swing-top lid - for Christmas a few years ago. I was pretty jealous.

Heh, I saw one of those at the local store a few years ago. It was way too expensive so I didn't get it. We have a good amount of Stone available here in Michigan, but nowhere near what's available to you guys I'm sure. The biggest brewery here is Bell's. I don't know if that's even made it out west yet.

Tea
12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
So, has anyone tried this? Found it today... probably trying it out tonight. I'm a huge Guinness fan so I'll probably instantly hate it.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00217/Irish_News_7-1_jpg_217925t.jpg

Goldfoot
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
So, has anyone tried this? Found it today... probably trying it out tonight. I'm a huge Guinness fan so I'll probably instantly hate it.

I have and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Guinness in general so I didn't expect much out of that one. I'd definitely drink it again. My favorite from then was their 250th anniversary stout.

We took some bottles back today and then did a little beer shopping for the holidays. This is most of the beer aisle at the store (minus the cooler):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_17-25-10_889-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_17-26-46_806-1.jpg
And these are the highlights of what we got:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_18-07-27_675-1.jpg

demgoth
12-22-2011, 08:01 PM
/\ that looks glorious! I love stores that know what they're doing. I have one around me but not quite as nice as that. Please let us know about Ta Henket, dying to try that and haven't found it yet.

I love Stone Brewery too, all of their stuff I've tried so far has been great. Would love to visit that place one day. Just picked up a bottle of the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale. I like how they have had one for each year.. 11.11.11, 10.10.10, 09.09.09, etc.

Goldfoot
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Please let us know about Ta Henket, dying to try that and haven't found it yet.

Yeah, I love that store. I could drop $2k in there EASY. If I had that much to spend on beer... Anyway, definitely will let you know how the Ta Henket is. They just got those two and the Bitch's Brew in yesterday and the Bitch's Brew was already gone today. They said they got 3 cases of it and it was limited to 1 bottle per person. I'm gonna be trying the Ta Henket after the new year hits when I'll be back down this way. Heading up to visit family tomorrow. Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.

sublimaze
12-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I have and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Guinness in general so I didn't expect much out of that one. I'd definitely drink it again. My favorite from then was their 250th anniversary stout.

We took some bottles back today and then did a little beer shopping for the holidays. This is most of the beer aisle at the store (minus the cooler):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_17-25-10_889-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_17-26-46_806-1.jpg
And these are the highlights of what we got:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Goldfoot/2011-12-22_18-07-27_675-1.jpg

Good God, man! My husband would go crazy. Gotta keep that pic from him.

allegro
12-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Looks like Binny's.

theimage13
12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.

Sorry to hear that. I felt the same way last year, as did a number of my friends. We all split our respective bottles with family over the holidays...and not a single person liked it.

Shame to hear you missed out on Bitches Brew. I had it at a tap takeover last year, and loved it. A few weeks ago, I happened to luck out and walk into a store an hour away that was stocking it that morning. Saving that one for a particularly snowy and shitty night.

Side note: Double Bastard and poutine has proven to be an exceptionally delicious pairing, but makes me fart like nothing I've ever had before. Wow.

the exit
12-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Anyone here like Ubu? I just got a job last month as a brewer at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, I guarantee it's better on draft than it is in six packs. If anyone's in the area come in and stop by for a beer or a tour!

konstantin
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Noël selection bitches!

http://i.imgur.com/G7bvp.jpg

in some ways DC is awesome.

Lunatica
12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
I had the Goose one about 3 weeks ago. It was Christmas in mah mouth. :D

theimage13
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Had a 2009 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout during the Bills game today. After dinner, I'm splitting up a 2008 Brooklyn Black Ops with my family.

Yum.

demgoth
12-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice! I actually just bought a 4-pack of 2011 Goose Island Bourbon County and a bottle of 2011 Brooklyn Black Ops. Never had either before this year.. and so far I've just had one bottle of the Goose Island and it was a lot stronger than I thought it would be, not a bad thing though. I gave one to a friend so I have two left that I'll probably save. Also will probably be saving the Black Ops for some occasion down the road. Right now on this Christmas Eve I have enjoyed an Anchor 2011 Our Special Ale (a.k.a. the Christmas Ale), a Chimay Triple, and just now cracked open a 2011 Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. Happy Holidays to all!

REPLICA
12-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm a big Samuel Adams fan and I happened to find this beauty in a local store (30 miles from my home).

Important notes:
Alpine Spring - New seasonal available in 6pks, 12pks, and on draft in early January
Mighty Oak Ale - Exclusive to the Brewer's Choice pack
Whitewater IPA - Available year-round 6pks in Feb.

http://beernews.org/2011/11/samuel-adams-brewers-choice-variety-pack-to-debut-in-january/

konstantin
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
a local beer and wine cafe had a $6 "keep the glass" happy hour on Hoegaarden 20oz (!) last night!

dlb
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.

After a visit to Weihenstephan last year I finally gave in and bought two bottles. Man what was I utterly dissappointed. I didn't like it at all and so did everyone that I poured a glass for.

On the other hand it's a nice treat to see so many American micro-breweries coming up with excellent output and washing the States' name clean again when it comes to brewing beer. If only these weren't such a bitch to come by here in Germany. So far I only got to drink a KBS and a Samuel Smith Imperial Stout. Both of them were damn fine!

nin5in
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
My favorite beer at the moment:
http://www.thebeveragestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x265/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/u/bud_light_lime.jpg

the duder
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Bought a 12 pack of Yuengling lager tonight at the local Wegmans, only to have the bagger/cashier drop it on the floor. Got a replacement, though, so not to fear :P

demgoth
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM
So a few things I've tried and picked up since the last post..

I found Dogfish Head Ta Henket, tried it on tap and it was pretty good, definitely not my favorite of theirs but worth trying. I also bought two bombers of it just for the hell of it.

Also finally picked up bottles of Sierra Nevada Estate and Sam Adams Infinium which I haven't tried yet. Heard Estate is awesome and heard mixed but mostly negative things about Infinium but I had to try it for myself.

Looking forward to this month's releases of Dogfish Head.. Noble Rot (a new saison), 2011 World Wide Stout (down to my last two bottles of 2010, and they're not making a 2012 batch..), and Tweason'ale (new gluten-free, strawberry beer).

Next up to try and sitting in my fridge currently.. Dogfish Head 2011 Fort (also not being made in 2012, unfortunately), Brooklyn Monster Ale from 2010 (a barleywine) and Birra Del Borgo/Dogfish Head My Antonia. I've had the DFH version of it brewed in Delaware and it's a really nice pilsner but this is the Del Borgo version brewed in Italy. Cheers!

dlb
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM
well, with Infinium you get at least a pretty decent bottle to put in your collection if you have one. :P