PDA

View Full Version : Things Falling Apart

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
01-10-2018, 12:53 PM
I hope when Pitchfork gets around to Liner Notes: Nine Inch Nails' The Fragile (in 5 minutes), their vanilla narrator guy makes sure to mention how "in 1999, on the day the album was released, Pitchfork gave the album a mediocre 2.0 rating, but 17 years later after history proved what an amazing masterpiece the album was, decided it was time to jump on the Trent Reznor bandwagon and award it a rating of 8.7.."

The Fragile 2.0: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

The Fragile 8.7: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22746-the-fragile-2017-definitive-edition-the-fragile-deviations-1/

Up next: Liner Notes: Pitchfork decides Things Falling Apart is really a 6.7

As bad as their original review of Fragile is, the 0.4 for TFA is even worse lmao https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5798-things-falling-apart/

niggo
01-10-2018, 01:05 PM
As bad as their original review of Fragile is, the 0.4 for TFA is even worse lmao https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5798-things-falling-apart/

The 53 minute-long album kicks (read: dozes) off with "Slipping Away (Into the Void Manipulation)" by Reznor and Brit mixer/engineer Alan Moulder. Does this sound familiar?: a plodding, Neanderthal beat; a dated guitar; a violin; searing but sanitized fuzz. Then, everything stops so Trent can scream his first line: "I keep slipping away." After throwing in those same blips he's employed since the beginning of time, the song becomes predictably muddled and furious.

I'm so fucking mad right now.

kel
01-10-2018, 05:27 PM
i dunno, guys ... tfa is pretty fucking bad ...

snichols
01-10-2018, 05:40 PM
really??? i love things falling apart. the first 2 tracks are amazing and the gary numan cover is great. the remix of where is everybody by telefon tel aviv is my favorite track, i really like the starfuckers versions as well.

katara
01-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Things Falling Apart was for many years my favourite NIN album, and to this day it remains my favourite remix album from any band.

Fight me.

kel
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM
to be fair i don't really love remix albums. and i loathe "starfuckers". also i had listened to that version of "metal" that was all over p2p sites at the time and thought the finished, official song was so sleepy and subdued.

meh. to each their own.

elevenism
01-10-2018, 06:21 PM
i dunno, guys ... tfa is pretty fucking bad ...
I also love it. The TFTA remix is one of my favorite nin songs of all time. And good god, you've got slipping away and the great collapse and that incredible version of the frail.

The starfuckers remixes are annoying, which is really sad: I'm a junglist and they should have been better; they could have been great.

All in all, though, I fucking love that record.

01-10-2018, 06:27 PM
TFA has some cool stuff but 3 of the 10 songs being Starfuckers remixes is pointless....

I will give pitchfork props for their 9.5 PHM rating, This dude actually knew what he was talking about with this review

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14890-pretty-hate-machine/

BRoswell
01-10-2018, 06:33 PM
TFA has some cool stuff but 3 of the 10 songs being Starfuckers remixes is pointless....

Funny how nobody levels that complaint against Further Down The Spiral and the four different remixes of Mr. Self Destruct. :p

elevenism
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Funny how nobody levels that complaint against Further Down The Spiral and the four different remixes of Mr. Self Destruct. :p
Well yeah but there's a difference. Those "remixes" were more or less experimental noise, which is an art into itself

Krazy
01-10-2018, 06:42 PM
+1 for TFA. It’s the only “remix” album I’ve liked from any band. And it gave us the Metal cover. It’s not without some faults however (too many Starfuckers songs).

Was in my early 20’s at the time it came out and heard some of these songs playing at downtown clubs. As a NIN dork that tickled my funny bone.

EDIT: didn’t care for the Further Down album- songs were kind of boring in a too-arsty way.

snichols
01-10-2018, 06:49 PM
i get that further down is kinda boring at times, but check out track 4 heresy (version) and track 8 Ruiner (version) from the V2 euro version.

BRoswell
01-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Fixed and Further Down The Spiral always felt (to some extent) like Trent was trying to punish the listener. It's interesting on the first couple listens, but the angst-y, "listen to how much we can fuck up these tracks" vibe wears a bit thin after that. There's some good stuff on those albums of course, but overall, Things Falling Apart and Year Zero Remixed feel more cohesive as a whole to me.

01-10-2018, 09:33 PM

1 of those "remixes" was a total re-recording of the song (Part One) so its basically a whole different song...The Euro version with Heresy/Ruiner (Versions) is the far superior album so its easier to take...but we actually agree on something. Too many remixes of Mr. Self Destruct on FDTS anyway

BRoswell
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
1 of those "remixes" was a total re-recording of the song (Part One) so its basically a whole different song...

And another one of them was basically a single edit of the album version, so they pretty much cancel each other out.

sick among the pure
01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Multiple Starfuckers remixes aside, TFA is still the best remix album.

GentlemanLoser
01-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Which one was that?

thevoid99
01-11-2018, 01:12 AM
It's still my least favorite remix album as there were too many "Starfuckers Inc." remixes as I was more into the remixes for "The Frail", "Where is Everybody?", "The Great Collapse", and "Metal". I love Fixed, Further Down the Spiral, and Y34RZ3R0R31X3D as I think of them as the definitive remix records.

fillow
01-11-2018, 01:35 AM
First NIN record I've bought after getting The Fragile and AATCHB, 2003-ish. Waay before I've got to their older stuff. Loved it from first to last note.

katara
01-11-2018, 03:39 AM
Five, actually. Don't forget The Beauty of Being Numb's first section.

And there were three remixes of Eraser on FDTS, too. Four if you count TBOBN's second section.

I actually love FDTS, but the repeated point some people have that there are too many Starfuckers, Inc remixes is ludicrous.

r_z
01-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Re: TFA: I'm still baffled about the choice of songs that made the cut. I mean, why include 60 versions of Starfuckers but leave off the versions of La Mer, TNF, TDTWWA, TF, NYD that have since surfaced or appeared as b-sides on some of the singles? With all this material there is a far superior version of this remix album somewhere in there...

fillow
01-11-2018, 08:55 AM
I've read a million years ago that Halo 16 was gonna be a Starfuckes single/EP at some point, hence the multiple remixes.

re: other remixes - IMO those nin.com mixes (The Fragile and NYD in particular) are inferior to everything from TFA. Well, La Mer is a nice one but still far from being 'far superior'.
If anything, they should've add The New Flesh mixes (that were playing on the background on TFA website, ffs).

r_z
01-11-2018, 10:15 AM
At least it could have been (heh) more cohesive. The songs on there range from '97 (if not late '96) to 2000. Sonically it's all over the place with Fragileesque songs meeting "colder" techno/electronic productions. There are outtakes, unreleased songs and remixes. Therefore it feels more like a weird compilation and not like a remix album, let alone an album that can stand on its own feet, imo. I'm not even sure Trent knew what he wanted it to be.

01-11-2018, 11:16 AM
The Hillebrandt mixes of 'The Fragile' and 'No You Don't that came out on the NIN site in 99 should have been put on TFA as well. They were sick. I also still say 'Slipping Away' is one of the best NIN remixes ever....

paul_guyet
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
I know it wouldn't have fit at all, but I would've been cool with the "Sex Dwarf" cover on FDTS.

FDTS had too many "Mr. Self Destruct" remixes and TFA had too many "Starfuckers, Inc." remixes, other than that and the pointlessness of both the quiet version of "Hurt" and the "alternate" version of "10 Miles High", I dig both those remix albums.

Also, is Olaf Whathisname's remix of "Me, I'm Not" the worst NIN remix, or is that just me?

katara
01-11-2018, 01:10 PM
At least it could have been (heh) more cohesive. The songs on there range from '97 (if not late '96) to 2000. Sonically it's all over the place with Fragileesque songs meeting "colder" techno/electronic productions. There are outtakes, unreleased songs and remixes. Therefore it feels more like a weird compilation and not like a remix album, let alone an album that can stand on its own feet, imo. I'm not even sure Trent knew what he wanted it to be.
I actually felt it was the most cohesive remix album of them all. The cold electronica is the perfect counterpart to the mostly warm organic elements that make up The Fragile. Just like that record, it's also broken, but instead of analogue imperfections, the audio glitches and stutters digitally.

jmtd
01-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Asides from the Dreijer Me,I'mNot remix that I'm also not into, YZR is really underrated.

seasonsinthesky
01-11-2018, 01:38 PM
TFA is great, but would have been amazing as:

Slipping Away
The Great Collapse
The Wretched (Version)
No, You Don't (Version)
The Frail (Version)
Even Deeper (Love Dub)
Where is Everybody? (Version)
10 Miles High (Version)
La Mer (Version)
Metal
The Fragile (Deconstructed)

katara
01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
In this digital age of music, it's not hard to simply make your own tracklist and just chuck it on your device. That said, I'd rather listen to the album as it was intended. Charlie Clouser's final Starfuckers, Inc remix is an awesomely destructive closer. If I were to change one thing about TFA, it would be to exchange the 'remix' of 10 Miles High (which really needed more work, as it was almost identical to the one on Halo 15) with Hillebrandt's version of The Fragile.

Asides from the Dreijer Me,I'mNot remix that I'm also not into, YZR is really underrated.

Disagree. Much of that album is mulch. The first three tracks, The Warning, (maybe Meet Your Master), and then the last three tracks are good. Saul's Survivalism is also good but that was already on the single, so it's redundant here.
That Capital G remix is appalling. Laswell's Vessel is basically the same as the album mix, and everything else is mediocre at best. Plus, it's really disappointing that there was no Reznor remix.
Me, I'm Not would have been okay if it were maybe four or five minutes long. It's an okay idea, just extended to such a degree that it's almost unlistenable to.

The worst thing about YZR is that there were so many talented artists on remix.nin.com producing amazing remixes and they were all almost completely ignored.

botley
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Laswell's Vessel is basically the same as the album mix
Not so. It actually has a danceable bassline. I think I'd prefer the remix to the LP version, if it combined the best moments of the three (!) different edits into five minutes.

katara
01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Not so. It actually has a danceable bassline. I think I'd prefer the remix to the LP version, if it combined the best moments of the three (!) different edits into five minutes.
It is exactly the same song with some badly tweaked EQ and some minor percussion additions. Extremely lazy.

Now that remix.nin.com is defunct, it's hard to find much. But check these out:

TweakerRay remix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ThGTKVYKA)
Animalweapon remix (https://soundcloud.com/animalweapon/vessel-animalweapon-remix)
Reaps remix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtsCxi0elY)

Way more talent than Bill fucking Laswell.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be raising Coil and TTA from the dead so we can have some decent remixes again for a change.

SM Rollinger
01-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Fixed and Further Down The Spiral always felt (to some extent) like Trent was trying to punish the listener.
i couldnt agree more, some of the tracks were outright disorentating.

you still get that with newer tracks too. copy of a with the beat and then that "bdddooobdddooobdooo" throbbing bassline kicks in. the great destroyer's breakdown and the last 3/4 of the backround world come to mind.

NotoriousTIMP
01-11-2018, 08:53 PM
If you haven't listend to it yet, the "Lee Completion" mix of Metal is AMAZING and really makes the track come alive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssqbTWOri8

mfte
01-11-2018, 09:00 PM
If you haven't listend to it yet, the "Lee Completion" mix of Metal is AMAZING and really makes the track come alive...

Wow I haven't heard this in about 20 years.

NotoriousTIMP
01-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Wow I haven't heard this in about 20 years.

Let me know if you want the mp3

Kulerage
01-11-2018, 10:45 PM
I felt that this was an alright Remix album, though it could have benefited from one of the Starfucker's remixes being replaced.

Tumnayar
01-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Let me know if you want the mp3
I would!

kel
01-11-2018, 10:47 PM

THIS. i expected more from "metal."

paul_guyet
01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
It is exactly the same song with some badly tweaked EQ and some minor percussion additions. Extremely lazy.

Animalweapon remix (https://soundcloud.com/animalweapon/vessel-animalweapon-remix)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be raising Coil and TTA from the dead so we can have some decent remixes again for a change.Everything TweakerRay does is awesome.

And, as for Coil, they're responsible for the deepest, weirdest, most singular NIN remixes I've ever heard.

Microwave Jellyfish
01-12-2018, 09:05 AM
The 53 minute-long album kicks (read: dozes) off with "Slipping Away (Into the Void Manipulation)" by Reznor and Brit mixer/engineer Alan Moulder. Does this sound familiar?: a plodding, Neanderthal beat; a dated guitar; a violin; searing but sanitized fuzz. Then, everything stops so Trent can scream his first line: "I keep slipping away." After throwing in those same blips he's employed since the beginning of time, the song becomes predictably muddled and furious.
Early 2000s hispters were so cute. Like, do you know anyone who still listens or even remembers that Missy Elliot record the 2.0 TF guy was praising so hard?

Anyway, my TFA opinion is a cliché, but it'd made for a killer EP without all the Starfuckers content. I have a good memory of the then-best friend of mine throwing it on during his house party this one time. He's not a quarter of a NIN fan I am, and I was quite shocked to see he didn't just know about the record, but had the whole thing on his phone. Good times.

botley
01-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Hmmm, good choices but I obviously disagree about Bill Laswell, he added a great bassline to the remix, which is more prominently featured in the vinyl edit, and incidentally he happens to be one of the most prolific musicians of the 20th century with over 1800 credits on Discogs (https://www.discogs.com/artist/661-Bill-Laswell?filter_anv=0&type=Credits). But it's a funk remix, there didn't need to be huge changes made in order to get it funkier... which is exactly what it is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be raising Coil and TTA from the dead so we can have some decent remixes again for a change.
Telefon Tel Aviv isn't dead, Josh Eustis was touring under the name last year and he is working on new material (https://twitter.com/telefontelaviv)!

BRoswell
01-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Eh, the version on Things Falling Apart is way better. This mix is just a mess. They basically sampled a few other NIN tracks and slapped them on top of the album version. It's like someone's idea of what Nine Inch Nails sounds like rather than the real deal. The album version is beautiful, especially the extended instrumental ending.

botley
01-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Eh, the version on Things Falling Apart is way better. This mix is just a mess. They basically sampled a few other NIN tracks and slapped them on top of the album version. It's like someone's idea of what Nine Inch Nails sounds like rather than the real deal. The album version is beautiful, especially the extended instrumental ending.
When you take into account that this mix came out several months BEFORE Things Falling Apart (all we had heard were a couple of static-y leaked clips of NIN's "Metal" at that point, which this dude threw together into something at least listenable), it's not so bad. But yes, the released version is way better. They at least bothered to sample other Gary Numan songs instead of NIN ones :P

BRoswell
01-12-2018, 04:15 PM
When you take into account that this mix came out several months BEFORE Things Falling Apart (all we had heard were a couple of static-y leaked clips of NIN's "Metal" at that point, which this dude threw together into something at least listenable), it's not so bad.

*takes into account*
Nah, it's still not very good. :p

neorev
01-12-2018, 04:19 PM
How about Things Still Falling Apart?

Combine Still and Things Falling Apart along with other unreleased remixes and Fragile era material into a deluxe package.

botley
01-12-2018, 04:31 PM
^ Great idea. Deviations 2: Still Far Away and Falling Apart

astfgyl
01-12-2018, 04:31 PM
How about Things Still Falling Apart?

Combine Still and Things Falling Apart along with other unreleased remixes and Fragile era material into a deluxe package.

Did that about a year ago. Have it on CD in the car and it is brilliant. I honestly don't know why TR didn't decide to expand the whole package a bit at the time. Compared to The Fragile, TFA really does feel very spartan, but the disc I made up for myself is a really satisfying listen. And no, The Perfect Drug doesn't fit on there in any fashion. I tried it out on a couple of dummy runs, but no. It is simply from a different era and doesn't fit with anything from TDS or TF. It didn't even work with the Starfuckers remixes, surprisingly enough. It's a pity, because I really wanted to squeeze it in there.

neorev
01-12-2018, 05:17 PM
^ Great idea. Deviations 2: Still Far Away and Falling Apart

Fixed it...
Deviations 2: Still Slipping Away and Falling Apart
;)

J/K

I can still feel you even so far away

captainbeyond
01-12-2018, 05:17 PM
also i had listened to that version of "metal" that was all over p2p sites at the time and thought the finished, official song was so sleepy and subdued.

wait....what version are you talking about?

neorev
01-12-2018, 05:20 PM
The Way Out Is Through The Great Below

kel
01-12-2018, 05:27 PM
wait....what version are you talking about?

the "lee completion mix." see above.

edit: https://youtu.be/4ssqbTWOri8

neorev
01-12-2018, 06:17 PM
the "lee completion mix." see above.

edit: https://youtu.be/4ssqbTWOri8

This is a fan remix?

kel
01-12-2018, 06:22 PM
This is a fan remix?

yeah, didn't know it at the time. no idea how they snagged the vocals. it was floating around long before tfa was released.

NotoriousTIMP
01-12-2018, 06:28 PM

I enjoy the album version, but the LC mix is the one I lean more towards when I make my mix CDs (yes, I still make those for my car)

paul_guyet
01-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Did that about a year ago. Have it on CD in the car and it is brilliant. I honestly don't know why TR didn't decide to expand the whole package a bit at the time. Compared to The Fragile, TFA really does feel very spartan, but the disc I made up for myself is a really satisfying listen. And no, The Perfect Drug doesn't fit on there in any fashion. I tried it out on a couple of dummy runs, but no. It is simply from a different era and doesn't fit with anything from TDS or TF. It didn't even work with the Starfuckers remixes, surprisingly enough. It's a pity, because I really wanted to squeeze it in there."The Perfect Drug" has its own era and I fucking love that. I also love/hate that it was an original NIN song, had a whole remix EP and a fucking music video...and only the drum solo is in Lost Highway, under dialogue and noise, for about six seconds.

jmtd
01-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Now OT but re YZR, I forget that I listen to the vinyl list and some of the vinyl exclusive stuff is the highlights e.g. the Ladytron mix, or at least one of them; I prefer the zero-sum remix over the original, and the AVOTT cover is on par IMHO. Re remix.nin.com, it's all here I think, but not as easy to search natch https://archive.org/details/opensource_audio?and[]=remix.nin.com&and[]=subject%3A%22remix.nin.com%22

BenAkenobi
01-14-2018, 07:59 AM
The Way Out Is Through The Great Below

There's such a huge potential for a wordplay, but i'll just say i like the little remix record that serves as a refreshment after 2 hours of The Fragile's brooding darkness.

Where is the way out, everybody? Through the void.

MAD
01-14-2018, 04:03 PM
TFA is one of the best EP NIN has.

sonic_discord
01-14-2018, 07:29 PM
FDTSv2 > FDTSv1 > TFA > YZR > Fixed

acrid avid jam shred
01-15-2018, 06:54 AM
I remember absolutely loving TFA when I listened through it for the first time. It was the first time I'd come across a bunch of remixes that weren't underwhelming afterthoughts. Aside from the Starfuckers mixes, everything else is pretty much gold. The Great Collapse and the Where is Everybody? remix are so damn cool. I would love to hear different interpretations of the more recent NIN stuff by TR/AR and other artists!

Shadaloo
01-15-2018, 11:05 AM
TFA brings to mind memories of a rainy day protecting my discman under my coat, biting my lower lip to the pleasureable sounds of the building acoustic guitars in The Wretched (version) and really finally making up my mind once and for all to check out "This Gary Numan guy everyone seems to be covering".

katara
01-15-2018, 03:50 PM
I would love to hear different interpretations of the more recent NIN stuff by TR/AR
This. Trent always did the best remixes of the era.

Head Like A Hole (Opal)
Like half of Fixed
All The Pigs, All Lined Up, Closer To God, The Art of Self Destruction, Part One, The Beauty Of Being Numb
The Perfect Drug
TDTWWA (quiet), Slipping Away
Still

I honestly don't really care about anyone else remixing the material unless they want to move it in a meaningful direction.

But I don't really think remix albums are viable nowadays. They seem to have all but disappeared.

millertd0513
07-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Someone compiled some tracks from Still and TFA to make a fan album called The Great Collapse, which is a wonderful companion album to The Fragile with a good flow. Can't remember where I got it (possibly the NIN forums in 2008) but its my preferred way to listen to my favorites from TFA and Still.

thefragile_jake
07-11-2018, 01:03 PM
TFA is easily my favorite remix album.

millertd0513
07-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Someone compiled some tracks from Still and TFA to make a fan album called The Great Collapse, which is a wonderful companion album to The Fragile with a good flow. Can't remember where I got it (possibly the NIN forums in 2008) but its my preferred way to listen to my favorites from TFA and Still.

Now that I'm not on my work computer...The Great Collapse tracklist (keep in mind, some of these have edits to make transitions seemless)

1. How It All Begins (from NIN website during the Fragile era)
2. And All That Could Have Been
3. Deep
4. The Great Collapse
5. Metal
6. 10 Miles High
7. Slipping Away
8. Appendage
9. Adrift and at Peace
10. Gone, Still
11. The Persistence of Loss
12. Leaving Hope
13. Complications of the Flesh
14. The New Flesh

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/72/43/30/724330f399a991e481cdf943a5d00b71.jpg

Complete with artwork.

elevenism
07-11-2018, 11:58 PM
TFA is easily my favorite remix album.
It's ALMOST my favorite but that honor goes to Fixed.
I know I'm in the minority with my love for Fixed, but I fucking adore it. I adored it when it came out when I was in middle school and I still love it now.

eluus
07-12-2018, 03:01 AM
I LOVE FDTS because it sound like ... a real concept album, like TDS but in a more complexe and industrial way. All the remixes of Mr Self Destruct are fucking great.
TFA is great too. Fixed is pretty good. And I really don't like YZR !

katara
07-12-2018, 03:42 AM
And I really don't like YZR !
I recently re-listened to YZR and it's not that bad. It really could have used some editing, though.

That Capital G remix is truly atrocious.
Since Saul's Survivalism mix was on the single already, it should have been replaced with his vinyl-exclusive OpalHeartClinic version.
The Vessel 'remix' barely counts as a remix and could easily have been changed for one of the superior fan renditions.
And Me, I'm Not is a cool idea that drags about 10 minutes longer than it should.

One of my main issues is that they set up a huge website for fans to share remixes and only used one of those, despite the fact that many were better than the 'official' mixes.

Aside from that, it's pretty decent.

Fred
07-12-2018, 04:48 AM
I have the vinyl version of YZR, and while I sort of appreciate having exclusive tracks, the ones that are genuinely worthwhile are few and far between.

It's not a bad release, but it could have benefited from a bit more moderation and critical thinking. I also think it's unfortunate that it was essentially a contractual obligation, cause it actually feels like one to me.

elevenism
07-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Yeah YZR is like the only nin release that I honestly didn't like.

I DO love the concept though, the way it came with the multitracks. In fact it was fucking awesome. So in that way, it's one of my favorite releases. Interesting dichotomy I guess.

I kind of felt like the remixes were just examples of what you could do with the multitracks.

elevenism
07-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Sorry for double post, but back on topic:
How about that Frail version on TFA? It's SO badass.
It sounds to me like there are ghosts or aliens going about various activities throughout it, or possibly sentient robots.

ricardo
07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
I love TFA, first NIN CD I was able to buy, lol.

Slipping Away is probably my favorite.

Tearitalldown
07-12-2018, 04:52 PM
I was surprised when i first listened to TFA. I had no clue what i was getting into, found it at a local music shop at the time and bought it because I had recently discovered NIN. I instantly fell in love, definitely my favorite remix album. Some of these songs i just cant get out of my head!

gorast
07-12-2018, 10:19 PM
It's ALMOST my favorite but that honor goes to Fixed.
I know I'm in the minority with my love for Fixed, but I fucking adore it. I adored it when it came out when I was in middle school and I still love it now.

Fixed is still my favorite. The way it takes a hammer to Broken and sort of, kind of, tries to reassemble it is a fascinating listen every single time.

I have to admit that I'm not really big on TFA at all. There are individual tracks I enjoy - Metal, The Frail, The Great Collapse - but it's an unpleasant listen as a whole. Now that I think about it, I've got the remix albums ranked in the order they came out - YZR in particular felt like a waste of time.

elevenism
07-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Fixed is still my favorite. The way it takes a hammer to Broken and sort of, kind of, tries to reassemble it is a fascinating listen every single time.

Church.

PhoenixML
07-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Reanimation is the best remix album of all time. Ooops, wrong board.

leftshoe18
07-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Seriously though Reanimation is the shit. I love the remixes of One Step Closer and Pushing Me Away especially.

katara
07-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Reanimation is the best remix album of all time. Ooops, wrong board.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/000/937/Screen_shot_2009-09-15_at_8.57.03_AM.jpg