PDA

View Full Version : Death Stranding

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2017, 06:04 AM
I thought I remembered a thread for this game being made, but I can't find anything, so here we go.

NEW TRAILER DROPPED, be ready to be simultaneously blown away and completely confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUQCpCpsk4

Kojima and Del Toro and Reedus and Mikkelsen all being involved is already great enough, I REALLY can't wait to see who they put in charge of music. Low Roar released a 12" vinyl single for two of their songs used in the first two trailers, so I wonder whether they'll have a hand in the scoring process as well? Either way, Kojima seems to be able to take anything he's given and turn it into gold, so color me excited.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-29-2019, 10:50 AM
New trailer reveal happening. I’m not the only one who still gives a fuck! ^^’ November 9th, looks like the leak was accurate.

https://youtu.be/piIgkJWDuQg

Kodiak33
05-29-2019, 11:40 AM
Yeah that was pretty cool.

Toadflax
10-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Still no fucking idea what this game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCI396HyhbQ

Haysey_Draws
10-31-2019, 04:11 AM
I have absolutely NO idea what this game is...but i WANT to play it!

Space Suicide
10-31-2019, 09:17 AM
I’ve seen enough that I’m pulling the trigger on a pre-order. Instances that occur in your world carry over and still remain even if you die.

Haysey_Draws
11-01-2019, 03:27 AM
Reviews seem to be in 2 camps, more mainstream outlets are saying it's slow and average, most independent outlet/reviewers are saying it's got issue but fucking amazing! Most playthroughs are between 80-100 hours...welp guess this will take me a month when i get it!

kdrcraig
11-01-2019, 12:27 PM
IGN's review says all the missions are basically fetch quests.

Space Suicide
11-01-2019, 12:32 PM
IGN's review says all the missions are basically fetch quests.

Aside from the rescue angle to them that’s all that MGSV: The Phantom Pain was also.

kdrcraig
11-01-2019, 01:03 PM
That sounds awful

Jon
11-02-2019, 12:01 PM
In case it isn't clear from the reviews you've been looking at, reviews are only up to/through Chapter 3 (Giant Bomb explains the guidelines fully in their video). Also, Kojima was quoted as saying that a lot of people would dislike the first half of the game. I still have no idea what to think except I want to play this more than ever given the split "wtf" reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYRUvBiZ0k

Toadflax
11-05-2019, 03:31 PM
In case it isn't clear from the reviews you've been looking at, reviews are only up to/through Chapter 3 (Giant Bomb explains the guidelines fully in their video). Also, Kojima was quoted as saying that a lot of people would dislike the first half of the game. I still have no idea what to think except I want to play this more than ever given the split "wtf" reviews

Yeah, I'm pretty much instantly turned off by any game where people say, "you have to give it 30 hours before it really gets going."

allegate
11-05-2019, 04:07 PM
In case it isn't clear from the reviews you've been looking at, reviews are only up to/through Chapter 3 (Giant Bomb explains the guidelines fully in their video). Also, Kojima was quoted as saying that a lot of people would dislike the first half of the game. I still have no idea what to think except I want to play this more than ever given the split "wtf" reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYRUvBiZ0k
The Beastcast last week had a pretty good discussion on it as well.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty much instantly turned off by any game where people say, "you have to give it 30 hours before it really gets going."

Two totally different games, but Persona 5 is HUGE and I was almost scared off by how boring it was the first 20 hours... But I pushed on and that game doesn't really open up until after about 40 hours and I cannot put it down lol. Still looking forward to this for sure.

Space Suicide
11-08-2019, 10:30 PM
So....

I am currently playing the game. I am on Episode 2: Amelie. So far so good, I'm interested to see how the story unfolds (which will probably lead to an open ending with 50 loose ends never tied up because Kojima). I am surprisingly following the narrative pretty well so far. The gameplay is "unique" but not super innovative. It plays almost identical to MGSV to me. This game feels like it's going to take A LOT from Mother Base (ugh) building/research, resource scavenging and mission structure from MGSV also. That's not a bad thing.

Sam is kinda aloof. I know that'll probably turn around eventually but the animations and character building are good so far. I can't wait till we meet Mads Mikkelsen's character. I wonder if he's the leader of Homo Demens Terrorist Squad you're warned about?

Space Suicide
11-10-2019, 07:42 PM
I'm about 10 Main Story Missions in (just did the wind mill/power station activation mission), randomly exploring and messing about I can safely say that I dig this game so far. I definitely could see why some might not like it.

I got 20 trophies already without trying.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Waiting to grab this at the end of the month for a price drop. Just can't stretch buying almost 3 games in under a week.

Wretchedest
11-10-2019, 10:47 PM
This game is amazing, and one of the best of the decade. I can only assume that the people who dont like it need to have vu
Iolence in their games or something. A wholly unique and original experience.

Also that stuff about like it doesn't get good til chapter 3 is bullshit too. It certainly picks up in chapter 3 and opens up, but it's still great u til that point. The story is weird, yes. Hard to understand? No. A little bit dumb in exactly the way kojima writing is dumb.

Jon
11-14-2019, 12:58 PM
The score for this game is absolutely gorgeous. There are elements of Cliff Martinez, Hans Zimmer, and Elliot Goldenthal all rolled into one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akXP2x9pE4A

Toadflax
11-14-2019, 05:26 PM
The score for this game is absolutely gorgeous. There are elements of Cliff Martinez, Hans Zimmer, and Elliot Goldenthal all rolled into one.

Funny, I came here to post about the score. The podcast Level with Emily Reese just had Joel Corelitz on to talk about how he and Ludvig Forssell went about making the music:

https://lwer.podbean.com/e/level-119-joel-corelitz-death-stranding/

Space Suicide
11-14-2019, 06:06 PM
This game is amazing, and one of the best of the decade. I can only assume that the people who dont like it need to have vu
Iolence in their games or something. A wholly unique and original experience.

Also that stuff about like it doesn't get good til chapter 3 is bullshit too. It certainly picks up in chapter 3 and opens up, but it's still great u til that point. The story is weird, yes. Hard to understand? No. A little bit dumb in exactly the way kojima writing is dumb.

Minus a compelling what if narrative, I regard most of the game's "boring walking simulator" more like a puzzle game. Between balance, item arrangement, speed, weather, elevation and sleuthing past BTs and Mules it's more complex than you'd think. However, I disagree with the idea that no violence is a ruling factor for why someone wouldn't like this. The story isn't super accessible to a larger audience and aside from niche game play enthusiasts this is a severely bizarre game to play. I personally feel most of the gameplay style is ported directly from MGSV, honestly.

Haysey_Draws
11-15-2019, 08:44 AM
I'll be picking this up for christmas i think but i definitely think i'll dig it!

As a side i saw BMTH did an original song for the game and...it's actually really fucking good, certainly the heaviest sounding thing they'd done in awhile!

Space Suicide
11-17-2019, 07:19 PM
This is neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTgJHU3MB24

As a side i saw BMTH did an original song for the game and...it's actually really fucking good, certainly the heaviest sounding thing they'd done in awhile!

I don't like them post Suicide Season and even then they're from high school days. I like Shadow Moses also (off Sempiternal). Maybe they should just do songs based on Kojima stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wvTuDC-H0

Necrodoommonkey
11-18-2019, 10:25 AM
This game is amazing. It should be boring as hell, but it isn't. It's addictive and the landscapes are breathtaking. This game shouldn't be awesome, but it is.

Space Suicide
11-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Finished Episode 2. Don't watch if you're not into spoilers but so awesome. I love the creep factor and aesthetic of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CiYKd4qqQ0

I'm hooked.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Collector’s Edition finally came yesterday, and I’m finally getting to jump into the game tonight.

It’s not often that I get half an hour into a game and immediately know that I'm in for something special, but here I am. I can’t WAIT to see where this goes over the next several days. Kojima hasn’t let me down yet and I have a feeling this isn’t going to change that one bit.

Also, I LOVE this light-up BB pod that came with it. What a cool fucking item to make available. From the merchandise, to the premise, to the music, I adore everything about this game so far and I’ve hardly even seen anything yet.

(Link to a few pictures I grabbed if anyone is curious - https://www.facebook.com/503275934/posts/10157398501570935?d=n&sfns=mo)

Space Suicide
11-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Started Episode 5: Mama this morning.

Fought Clifford Unger for the first time finally, so cool! Mama is such a unique and cool character as well!

Loving this game more and more each time I play it. Haters labeling this game "a boring walking and delivery man simulator" is such a lazy fucking cop out. The game immediately opened up in Episode 3 both narrative wise and gameplay wise. Kojima was right about people not liking the first half, being in Episode 5 now I can say this game is NOTHING like it was in Episode 1.

The social multiplayer interaction is so cool with helping each other out to build structures and useful items. I love it.

ManBurning
12-01-2019, 12:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqxgbuJ_DA

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Finally finished this the other day the first time through. 155 hours total after spending a lot of time getting sidetracked with orders toward the middle section of the game, but this is definitely my game of the year. It’s everything I could have possibly wanted from a Kojima title, and I keep reading more stuff online about things I haven’t seen/done yet in my initial playthrough.

Starting over with a clean save file on Hard difficulty, and I’m really gonna take my time to explore this map and do the things and read all the information I skimmed over before.

It definitely isn’t for everyone, either, and I think that makes it a bit more charming for me. It’s a little slow-burning and demands your attention and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Space Suicide
12-09-2019, 03:13 PM
I clocked 21 hours and am on route to Mountain Knot City. I salute your game completion sir. I got a ways to go.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2019, 04:06 PM
I clocked 21 hours and am on route to Mountain Knot City. I salute your game completion sir. I got a ways to go.

To be fair, I DID spend a ridiculous amount of time doing things the slow way before I got access to more vehicles and other modes of transportation. When you sidestep all that, the game gets considerably shorter. It’s also how I always played Metal Gear though - Go through once and just get the experience down, allowing for mistakes and whatnot, then again with a fine-toothed comb.

It sounds like you can still do 99% of all the things in the post-game, though. I just like clean slates, heh. Plus, reading all the emails and interviews in real time as I find them has filled in a lot of blanks story-wise, better than I think they would if I just sat down and read them all after the story was over.

ItsChrisRoss
12-19-2019, 09:14 AM
The last time I played a Kojima game was Metal Gear Solid on PS1 and I remember I was so awfully bad at the stealth aspect that I had to have a friend beat it with me. Nor do I remember much about the story. I can tell you that knowing what I was getting into when I started playing this game, I am REALLY liking it. The story is engrossing, the graphics are incredible, and the music is great. So far, I have only logged 3 hours but in the first three hours, I was not bored at all and constantly wanted to see what happened next. I didn't mind the length of the cinematics and welcome them because I know how important they are to the story. I can't understand how people popped this game in and were bored within the first 1-3 hours. They must have been expecting a straight on action game. And, I am not some Kojima fanboy so this is not a biased review.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-17-2020, 08:53 PM
Almost 300 hours into my second playthrough. Still loving this game as much as I did after the first time through it. It’s just so cathartic.

Also, Mondo’s dropping the game’s score on vinyl this Wednesday, and announced that a separate soundtrack release with licensed songs from the game will be out later this year. Hell yeah! And as a side note, I think Low Roar is doing a couple vinyl reissues/anniversary editions soon, too...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-death-stranding-3xlp

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0558/2081/files/DS_FC_1024x1024.jpg?v=1581372330

Space Suicide
02-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that!

I haven't touched this game in nearly two months. I still wanna beat it.

Frozen Beach
02-29-2020, 06:42 PM
I've never played a Kojima game before, but I really like this one so far. It's pretty addicting and everything is strange enough to be fascinating.

Space Suicide
02-29-2020, 10:35 PM
I need to finish the game, it's in my usual limbo where it sits for months. I haven't touched it since the start of January. I honestly stopped playing due to focus, time and the fact I'm in the mountain region and I hate traversing the area. I need to just finish the game already.

Space Suicide
03-01-2020, 09:38 PM
I played more today. Faced Clifford Unger for a second time in the WWII setting and beat the 7th Episode. Minus 8 and 9, most of the remaining episodes are 1 mission long. Shouldn't take me long to beat the game now.

Unfortunately I doubt I will get the platinum as I will not soak hundreds of hours into doing every standard order and hitting 5 stars with every facility.

Wretchedest
03-02-2020, 01:23 AM
I played more today. Faced Clifford Unger for a second time in the WWII setting and beat the 7th Episode. Minus 8 and 9, most of the remaining episodes are 1 mission long. Shouldn't take me long to beat the game now.

Unfortunately I doubt I will get the platinum as I will not soak hundreds of hours into doing every standard order and hitting 5 stars with every facility.
The five stars isn't that bad at all. Especially if you enjoy the core gameplay. Completing the highway system and building a zipline network are very satisfying and make the five star part pretty simple

Space Suicide
03-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Why does the mountain region of this game have to be multi chapters long? I fucking hate traversing this area. It's such a pain. It's tedious as fuck and why I took a break. Just one more episode to go until I'm free of the area.

ItsChrisRoss
03-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Why does the mountain region of this game have to be multi chapters long? I fucking hate traversing this area. It's such a pain. It's tedious as fuck and why I took a break. Just one more episode to go until I'm free of the area.

Haha! I literally thought the same thing when I was in the mountain area. In fact, I think that's where I died the most. Not because of BTs, but because I kept taking these HUGE falls. Oddly enough, after I was done and out snowy mountain region, I actually really missed it. Funny how it'll do that to you. I assume by now you are out of there and maybe have even completed the game?

Space Suicide
03-24-2020, 03:16 PM
Haha! I literally thought the same thing when I was in the mountain area. In fact, I think that's where I died the most. Not because of BTs, but because I kept taking these HUGE falls. Oddly enough, after I was done and out snowy mountain region, I actually really missed it. Funny how it'll do that to you. I assume by now you are out of there and maybe have even completed the game?

No I put it on the backburner to finish a few games I needed to and of course Nioh 2 came out and Final Fantasy VII is out next month. Ugh.

I still want to finish and I will but I doubt I’ll share your affinity for this area of traversal after I finish it.

ItsChrisRoss
03-24-2020, 03:18 PM
No I put it on the backburner to finish a few games I needed to and of course Nioh 2 came out and Final Fantasy VII is out next month. Ugh.

I still want to finish and I will but I doubt I’ll share your affinity for this area of traversal after I finish it.

I definitely recommend you finish it. I got extremely misty eyed at the end, in a good way. One of the rare times a game has ever done that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-24-2020, 06:35 PM
PS4 photo mode expected to be ready by the end of the month, via Kojima’s twitter. Hell yeah! I’m looking forward to devoting hours and hours of time to trying to photograph every single thing.

Just finished my second play-through last night. Going through a second time and doing pretty much everything I skipped on the first time through was super worth it. Things were much clearer, and I didn’t even realize the first time I finished it that there were additional standard missions post-game that give you a few more interviews and journal entries with some extra info, so I’m gonna try to use quarantine time to get all that stuff and get that platinum trophy out of the way.

ItsChrisRoss
03-24-2020, 07:58 PM
PS4 photo mode expected to be ready by the end of the month, via Kojima’s twitter. Hell yeah! I’m looking forward to devoting house and hours of time to trying to photograph every single thing.

Just finished my second play-through last night. Going through a second time and doing pretty much everything I skipped on the first time through was super worth it. Things were much clearer, and I didn’t even realize the first time I finished it that there were additional standard missions post-game that give you a few more interviews and journal entries with some extra info, so I’m gonna try to use quarantine time to get all that stuff and get that platinum trophy out of the way.

I thought photo mode was already active? Are you talking about just taking screen shots like this?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200325/e9dfa1fdbe2043b438f059b7af940aee.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-25-2020, 07:45 AM
I thought photo mode was already active? Are you talking about just taking screen shots like this?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200325/e9dfa1fdbe2043b438f059b7af940aee.jpg

Lord no. Legitimate photo mode, not the slow-as-molasses PS4 capture mode. There’s a little footage in the trailer below. (Trailer is for PC version, but Kojima just announced PS4 photo mode yesterday.)

The timing sucks too, because I’d just gotten done sorting through all the captures I had for ones I liked, heh. Now I can put most of them to shame. Very excited to see what people come up with with this.

https://youtu.be/k4mOk0OtGpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-01-2020, 10:17 AM
I’m really, really loving photo mode so far.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/91970209_10157804247210935_442585290247241728_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=Wi95zNPblH0AX-5qAHF&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=3eb152a88b07e4e7092613ebb83be794&oe=5EA9E0C9

Space Suicide
04-02-2020, 08:49 PM
The Collector's Edition of this is 50% off on Best Buy's website.

ItsChrisRoss
04-02-2020, 08:50 PM
I’m really, really loving photo mode so far.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/91970209_10157804247210935_442585290247241728_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=Wi95zNPblH0AX-5qAHF&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=3eb152a88b07e4e7092613ebb83be794&oe=5EA9E0C9

Is this update for everyone or only on PC now

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Is this update for everyone or only on PC now

Launched on PS4 just the other day! Which is kind of surprising, if anything I was expecting it to launch alongside or after the PC release, rather than nearly three months before.

ItsChrisRoss
04-02-2020, 09:55 PM
Launched on PS4 just the other day! Which is kind of surprising, if anything I was expecting it to launch alongside or after the PC release, rather than nearly three months before.

So do I just have to update and install the update?

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-02-2020, 11:15 PM
So do I just have to update and install the update?

Yup! Then unfortunately I think there aren’t many ways to share them to Facebook or any other places PS4 sharing doesn’t support, but I’m just saving captures on a USB and uploading them to my PC.

ItsChrisRoss
04-08-2020, 12:48 PM
In case anyone wants to buy the soundtrack on vinyl:

https://mondoshop.com/collections/video-game-soundtracks-original-scores/products/death-stranding-songs-from-the-video-game-3xlp

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-10-2020, 09:45 AM
In case anyone wants to buy the soundtrack on vinyl:

Man, I’m glad I ordered the black pressing when I did - went quick!

Also, one of my photo mode posters got included in this article someone threw together, so that feels kinda cool! The very last one. https://twinfinite.net/2020/04/death-stranding-photo-mode-pictures-movie-poster/

https://i.redd.it/mnogmbymb6r41.jpg

ItsChrisRoss
04-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Man, I’m glad I ordered the black pressing when I did - went quick!

Also, one of my photo mode posters got included in this article someone threw together, so that feels kinda cool! The very last one. https://twinfinite.net/2020/04/death-stranding-photo-mode-pictures-movie-poster/

https://i.redd.it/mnogmbymb6r41.jpg

I was wondering this the other night- I ordered the splatter, why is the black in such high demand and already sold out? What made you pick black instead of splatter?

ItsChrisRoss
04-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Finally got around to trying photo mode. Much more simple to use than I thought it would be. How are you all saving them to your computer/phone? I have to tweet them and then save them from my tweet but I think it effects the quality. They’re kinda blurry. I like these two that I took today but need to work I’m getting the quality better.

Edit: I guess I just saved them too quickly. These are better quality.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/255019eb2700736cfd2c172021eb2e50.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/6c920317e791f817c78e295e39bc7ea1.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-14-2020, 07:59 PM
Finally got around to trying photo mode. Much more simple to use than I thought it would be. How are you all saving them to your computer/phone? I have to tweet them and then save them from my tweet but I think it effects the quality. They’re kinda blurry. I like these two that I took today but need to work I’m getting the quality better.

Edit: I guess I just saved them too quickly. These are better quality.

It's so simple but gives you so many options. I'm really hoping they add a few more things over time, though. Maybe like alternative text to use or something? We'll see. They're clearly not done with developing this game yet, whether it's little updates or anything special they have yet to announce.

As far as saving them, I'm just doing it with a USB drive to my PS4, then bringing them to my computer. Working pretty well so far! I'm really missing this game while I'm playing FF7 Remake, hah. I keep tapping the R1 button to scan the map and thinking "Man, I wish they'd release a photo mode for this too."

versusreality
05-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Ok, just took the plunge and ordered it (only $35 on Amazon) I have a big backlog as I just got the PS4 last week but with the summer coming up, I'll have plenty of extra time on my hands.

ItsChrisRoss
05-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Ok, just took the plunge and ordered it (only $35 on Amazon) I have a big backlog as I just got the PS4 last week but with the summer coming up, I'll have plenty of extra time on my hands.

Don’t go into it expecting action automatically. It takes time to build the world and the story. I hope you love it as much as I did!

versusreality
05-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Don’t go into it expecting action automatically. It takes time to build the world and the story. I hope you love it as much as I did!

thanks! I'm looking forward to it, something different. I have my action fix lined up for me, the Tomb Raider Games, Uncharted games etc. I think it'll be a good game to play in the summer when I just want a break from everything.

ItsChrisRoss
05-05-2020, 05:09 PM
thanks! I'm looking forward to it, something different. I have my action fix lined up for me, the Tomb Raider Games, Uncharted games etc. I think it'll be a good game to play in the summer when I just want a break from everything.

Did you see they gave the first three uncharted games away for free?

versusreality
05-05-2020, 06:11 PM
damn, didn't know that! ah well got the collection for only $13.

ItsChrisRoss
05-05-2020, 06:12 PM
damn, didn't know that! ah well got the collection for only $13.

Haha is been keeping an eye out for it for a while and then got an email about it last week. I’m excited to start playing them. Hopefully I can knock out one before Last Of Us 2 comes out.

ItsChrisRoss
05-07-2020, 08:05 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/91b4df3e19dc33e6c8a486cdf24ecb8b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/3dde3d811b3fbe16ea6ed4d2b3871a1c.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/b73b2a505e17f91fc29e904477b65d65.jpg

versusreality
05-07-2020, 08:25 PM
damn that looks sweet! can't wait for this game to come.

ItsChrisRoss
05-07-2020, 08:26 PM
damn that looks sweet! can't wait for this game to come.

That’s just the score. I have the soundtrack (which I like better) coming soon too.

Space Suicide
05-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Looks good, criminal that they didn't have the pressing with standard artists to have Neighbourhood and Bring Me the Horizon tracks on it.

ItsChrisRoss
07-06-2020, 08:05 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200707/5baaefe68bba4f47427486e6a198514e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200707/99871bbd0961a4afd9a1b9ccb4bbc187.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200707/86683ed60e53c8302d80bbea0fdcdc0b.jpg

Space Suicide
07-06-2020, 10:58 PM
Great record pressing but they missed some songs for some reason.

ItsChrisRoss
07-06-2020, 10:59 PM
Great record pressing but these missed some songs for some reason.

I think the ones your thinking of were on the Timefall release.

Space Suicide
07-07-2020, 04:14 PM
I think the ones your thinking of were on the Timefall release.

They were which is what should have been pressed also. No listing or news in sight.

ItsChrisRoss
07-07-2020, 04:19 PM
They were which is what should have been pressed also. No listing or news in sight.

Ah you are correct. Believe it’s only been released digitally.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-12-2021, 09:45 PM
Yeyeyeyeyeye! Guess I gotta get me a PS5 now. I mean, when I can find and afford one, anyway.

https://youtu.be/q76jhOinT9I

Frozen Beach
06-13-2021, 11:04 PM
I'd be excited for this if I could get a damn ps5...

ItsChrisRoss
06-13-2021, 11:05 PM
I'd be excited for this if I could get a damn ps5...

Is it the directors cut?? I have a PS5 and fucking loved Death Stranding. Might have to get it.

Wretchedest
06-13-2021, 11:48 PM
The notion that this game left something out is fucking hilarious

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-18-2021, 06:58 PM
The notion that this game left something out is fucking hilarious

I feel like “Director’s Cut” is more meant to be Kojima’s version of “Extended Edition” or whatever alternative name any of these other games have had when they’ve been re-released on the PS5, and less of a literal “director’s cut” of the game. If that makes sense?

...but this is also Hideo Kojima we’re talking about. I’m sure that if there’s more to show, we’ll be given an adequate taste in the full trailer when it comes. Either way, I adore this game, and have already bought 4 copies, so sign me up for another. I can see where there’d be room for including additions that had to originally be cut to make the original release date on PS4. Wouldn’t be the first time that kind of thing’s happened. But I suppose we’ll see. The bigger issue is gonna be simply finding a PS5...

Wretchedest
06-19-2021, 12:30 AM
I, for one, am excited for the next trailer to make things only more confusing

ItsChrisRoss
08-29-2021, 06:58 PM
I played and loved every minute of the 80 hours I put into death stranding the first time, and I am prepared to do it all over again with the directors cut. CANT WAIT.

Wretchedest
08-29-2021, 07:15 PM
I'm concerned about some of the stuff the director's cut brings tot he table which appears to turn it into a more conventional action game

ItsChrisRoss
08-29-2021, 07:20 PM
I'm concerned about some of the stuff the director's cut brings tot he table which appears to turn it into a more conventional action game

Are you referring to the stealth missions? I think those are just certain missions. I’m honestly just excited to make trek up that snowy mountain again!

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-29-2022, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately, it was suddenly announced today that Ryan Kajazija (frontman of Low Roar) has passed away, at age 40. No word on how, as far as I’ve seen.

Absolutely heartbreaking. I loved his work. I guess he had another album on the way too, which is still going to be completed and released, eventually.

Frozen Beach
12-08-2022, 09:05 PM
https://youtu.be/SdXMsRiEesM
Can't help but laugh at the people so upset about Kojima making a sequel. God forbid a creator makes something they want to make.