PDA

View Full Version : Cult of Chucky (Put spoilers in spoiler tags)

motionlessZombie
10-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Has anyone watched "Cult of Chucky" yet? It's the 7th movie in the franchise and it stars Alex Vincent as "Andy Barclay", Fiona Douriff as "Nica Pierce", Jennifer Tilly as "Tiffany", and Brad Douriff as the voice of Chucky.

The plot takes place after the events of "Curse of Chucky" and Nica Pierce is in the mental asylum for the murder of her family. All of a sudden, Chucky shows up and death and terror happens in the asylum. And it is up to Nica and Andy to stop Chucky once and for all.

As a huge Chucky fan with him being my #2 favorite in horror, (Michael Myers is my #1), I came in with high hopes for this movie, especially after Curse took the series back to the roots of the first 3 "Child's Play" movies. After watching this, I felt like this series is going in the direction that the "Halloween" series did in H5 and H6 with Michael being cursed and not just a evil with no conscious or remorse. A major plot that was established in the original Chucky movies was retconed. I'm not going to say what though. Plus the deaths in this movie were the best in the series, but most were saved towards the last 30 minutes of the movie and not spread out like in the originals. And then the ending basically set up the future 8th movie in the franchise.

Overall, I give it a 7/8.