09-19-2017, 11:55 PM
BZPeooXBLkg

ekrekel
09-20-2017, 09:49 PM
I'll be there!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/files/2017/09/day-for-night.jpg

witte
09-22-2017, 05:38 AM
Still doubting. The rest of the line up hasn’t convinced me till now. Interesting (read: hopefully) would be because it’s a light art festival too, NIN would do something special, because they’re famous when you’re talking about visuals...
And is this the definitive lineup or will there be more?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

ekrekel
09-22-2017, 11:37 AM
I don't expect to see any more additions. I haven't been before, but it's a pretty young/small festival on old post office property.

I'm by no means Hip to the festival scene, but looking at previous years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_Night_(festival)) they're gaining some traction with more high profile acts. NIN, Thom Yorke, Solange, Phantogram, St Vincent, Pretty Lights in my opinion would play late in the day at major festivals. I can't imagine them sitting on a major name.

One thing that I'm liking about this festival is the size. It's roughly a ~16 acre facility and the main stage will be about 2 acres. For comparison, those that went to Lollapalooza in '08 the North Section where NIN played is 7 acres.

If you wind up making it shoot me a PM.

Interesting (read: hopefully) would be because it’s a light art festival too, NIN would do something special, because they’re famous when you’re talking about visuals...

That was my first thought, T-Rez can't show up at a light art festival an not do it up big. Also there's the standard hope that they'll play some of the lesser played songs if they decide to increase focus on the visual effects.

witte
09-23-2017, 11:38 AM
And...Gary Numan is playing nearby that Friday. Chance for something special (?) happening. ;)

somewhatdamaged
09-24-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm so glad it's not the Woodlands Pavilion. I'm really hyped about this show, of all the shows he's done in Houston, I feel like this would fit him the best.

playwithfire
09-25-2017, 02:41 AM
I'll be at this thing. I heard the portapotty situation got like real real real bad last year so geez I hope that isn't a thing considering that re-entry is limited. :/

witte
09-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Please help me out.
What is meant with ‘re-entry’? Does it mean if you left the festival there’s a problem to get in again? Also when you have a 2/3 day wristband?

thenorthwood
09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
I e-mailed for more specifics on the re-entry parameters and this was the reply:

"Limited re-entry means that you are allowed to exit/re-enter the grounds only a certain number of times per day. You will be able to access and enter all installations and stage areas at will during festival hours.
Best,
Day for Night Team"

So, no clarification on the number of times a person can leave and return the festival grounds.

ekrekel
09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Looks like VIP area up front, but hard to justify $800. Overall, still a pretty small space.

http://raverschoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dfn15-2-1.jpg

Sarah K
09-25-2017, 08:20 PM
I read somewhere that they don't do single day tickets... Can anyone confirm?

implanted_microchip
09-26-2017, 10:03 AM
So rail is only for VIP?

Landshark
09-26-2017, 04:29 PM
I read somewhere that they don't do single day tickets... Can anyone confirm?

They did last year - at the beginning of November they announced the schedule, along with a few lineup additions, and put single-day tickets on sale. Imagine it will be the same this year.

FULLMETAL
09-26-2017, 09:59 PM
This promo video really makes me want a virtual experience for the installations & a live stream for NIN.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/234597099

witte
09-29-2017, 01:05 PM
Well, I’m out. Hoped for a indoor show announcement nearby soon to make this trip. Flight ticket price rises and now too expensive. There’ll be new chances for sure.

ekrekel
09-29-2017, 01:51 PM
No good, but understandable. That's a long way to go for a festival show. I hope they keep the current do a nearby solo show just prior to the festival and that it winds up in Austin, but definitely couldn't justify a $4k flight/hotel to speculate.

Kid A
10-02-2017, 01:33 PM
So Thom Yorke is playing Sunday night. Wonder if that means NIN Saturday? Unless TY plays late night after NIN on Sunday. No way those two would oppose one another.

ekrekel
10-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Last year the main stage went #5 Nick Murphy, #2 Odezza, then #1 Aphex Twin on Saturday. #3 Odesza played against #4 Kaskade on Sunday.

Tidbit: Run Jewels played opposite Aphex Twin. Odd RTJ is a pretty big name to go up against the headliner. Then again TR went up against Kanye in 2008 so who knows how these guys do it. I'm hoping that NIN doesn't overlap with Phantogram. A close #3 on my list.

Kid A
10-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Last year the main stage went #5 Nick Murphy, #2 Odezza, then #1 Aphex Twin on Saturday. #3 Odesza played against #4 Kaskade on Sunday.

Tidbit: Run Jewels played opposite Aphex Twin. Odd RTJ is a pretty big name to go up against the headliner. Then again TR went up against Kanye in 2008 so who knows how these guys do it. I'm hoping that NIN doesn't overlap with Phantogram. A close #3 on my list.

As long as there's no conflict with NIN and Thom all is well in my book. I was at that Lolla 08 gig, good times! What a great lineup that was.

Kid A
10-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Schedule's out and day passes on sale this Thursday

ekrekel
10-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Schedule's out and day passes on sale this Thursday

Link to Schedule pls.

Googled it, I thought you were saying the schedule is out now and that single day tickets go on sale Thur.

Kid A
10-19-2017, 10:09 AM
NIN on Saturday

ekrekel
10-19-2017, 11:58 AM
$400 VIP for Saturday? Yikes, though I am glad it's not in the $250-$300 range, so I don't second guess my 2 Day GA purchase last month.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMg4d6lVAAAQhZD.jpg:large

magnolia
10-19-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm so split about going to this! On the one hand, it's a quick plane ride for me to get to Houston, I have the points to fly for free, and I've always got friends I can stay with there. This festival looks pretty interesting, and I would like to see a couple of other acts on the bill for Saturday... On the other hand, I've already seen NIN at two damn festivals this year, I'd be going solo to this, and I keep hoping they're going to play some club and/or stand-alone shows next year... so I feel like maybe I should just save my time and money for that? Arrrgh.

bobbie solo
10-19-2017, 12:43 PM
That Saturday lineup has juuuust enough to keep me intrigued. Going to look into going now.

streetman
10-25-2017, 11:47 AM
No good, but understandable. That's a long way to go for a festival show. I hope they keep the current do a nearby solo show just prior to the festival and that it winds up in Austin, but definitely couldn't justify a $4k flight/hotel to speculate.

I hope they do some solo shows while in Texas and hopefully Dallas. That would be an easier drive for me. Austin is a hipster corporate cesspool so I'm hoping they don't do anything there.

ekrekel
10-25-2017, 12:06 PM
I think looks like there’s a 20% discount floating around if you’re still thinking about getting Tickets

Purchase your ticket to Day for Night 2017 between Oct. 24-27 and use promo code 'IstandwithPP' to receive 20% off.

Tickets are available at dayfornight.io/tickets.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Ugh. I desperately want to go but if I'm gonna commit I won't be able to get a ticket until the 3rd. I feel a strangely strong attraction to this festival - And I don't think I've ever actively wanted to see a festival show, really. But this looks really awesome, and so many names are attached that I could cross off my concert bucket list in one go. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a discount later on, though. I'm not opposed to lying less than $350 if I can.

iamclassic
11-03-2017, 12:23 PM
I caved and bought a Saturday ticket. Of Montreal is also of interest to me and it looks like a pretty cool festival.

_incoma_
11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
There is a coupon out there for 40% off now, EDMtexas. That will get you both nights for under 145$. I wish i had waited before using the 30% but oh well, haha. I've never seen NIN at a festival before, so this should be interesting. Last year it was John Carpenter that made me take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The Atmosphere was awesome and the shows were cool. I was only let down that they Scheduled Carpenter and Aphex Twin against one another, huge oversight!.

Kid A
11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
There is a coupon out there for 40% off now, EDMtexas. That will get you both nights for under 145$. I wish i had waited before using the 30% but oh well, haha. I've never seen NIN at a festival before, so this should be interesting. Last year it was John Carpenter that made me take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The Atmosphere was awesome and the shows were cool. I was only let down that they Scheduled Carpenter and Aphex Twin against one another, huge oversight!.
Fuck - ticket sales must be atrocious. Pisses me off that I paid full price day 1. 40% off for a fest with some of these names is insane. Makes me wonder if there's any chance this gets canned.

streetman
11-26-2017, 08:47 PM
I really want to go to this but it I've heard festivals really suck ass.

ekrekel
11-26-2017, 09:14 PM
I really want to go to this but it I've heard festivals really suck ass. festivals are fine if you like the more than a few names on the lineup. Setlist may be shorter than a full show 20 songs instead of 25+. The lighting displays seem like a cool stuff to do while you wait. Tickets are stupid reasonable with the 40% discount (not happy about that)

implanted_microchip
11-27-2017, 01:45 PM
If I'd known ticket prices would drop this steeply I'd have definitely made plans to go, damn. They were so overpriced to begin with and now they're beyond reasonable. Hopefully they bust out Letting You and Not Anymore for the last show of the year.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-27-2017, 01:52 PM
I wanted to go to this so bad, and moreso now that the tickets are so much cheaper, but my supervisor decided to wait until a couple weeks ago to tell me he was taking his big family vacation on the 14-19th of December, NOT November, so after he heard me talking about how excited I was to go, he never once stopped me to say I wasn't gonna be able to. Good times! : ))))

Anyway, I hope anyone that can go has a great time. I've never been into festivals at all but the atmosphere and aesthetic of this one, paired with the awesome lineup, reeeeally make me want so move mountains to make it happen. Maybe next year.

ekrekel
11-27-2017, 05:26 PM
streetman PM’d

ninsp
11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Fuck - ticket sales must be atrocious. Pisses me off that I paid full price day 1. 40% off for a fest with some of these names is insane. Makes me wonder if there's any chance this gets canned.

This happens every year with the fest. Even with aphex.

They have a stupid huge plot of land.

ekrekel
11-28-2017, 02:24 PM
This happens every year with the fest. Even with aphex.

They have a stupid huge plot of land.

uhh, a heads up in September would've been nice...:D

ninlive
11-29-2017, 04:10 PM
With flights from San Diego for $90, this is HIGHLY doable and I am contemplating!

walking_shade
11-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Does the website to buy tickets from not have Paypal as a checkout method? That really sucks if it doesn't

streetman
12-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Under a Nine Inch Nails google search they put NIN’s Houston set time as 7pm under the EVENTS tab in the right column.

ninlive
12-02-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm in. Lets do this!

streetman
12-03-2017, 02:10 AM
I'm in. Lets do this!

Did you go to any other shows this year? I've never been to a NIN show, let alone a festival.

iamclassic
12-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Under a Nine Inch Nails google search they put NIN’s Houston set time as 7pm under the EVENTS tab in the right column.

Wouldn't that be really early to start? Huh. EDIT: I googled Pretty Lights and google says playing at 7pm on Friday and that's a Saturday act so.

streetman
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't that be really early to start? Huh. EDIT: I googled Pretty Lights and google says playing at 7pm on Friday and that's a Saturday act so.

I was guessing that was BS lol. Oh well. Tuesday we should know for sure. EDIT: Or maybe google knows something we don't?

iamclassic
12-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I was guessing that was BS lol. Oh well. Tuesday we should know for sure. EDIT: Or maybe google knows something we don't?

Are you for sure going? I'd love to meet up with some ETS people !

ninlive
12-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Did you go to any other shows this year? I've never been to a NIN show, let alone a festival.

I went to Riot Fest. But the plane ticket was so cheap, I had to do it. Does anyone want to meet up before it? I have a lot of time before/after the show. I'd love to meet some other fans. :)

EDIT: I get in about noon to Houston airport on Saturday and then I leave about 10pm on Sunday. So I got time to hang out.

streetman
12-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Are you for sure going? I'd love to meet up with some ETS people !

Definitely!

streetman
12-04-2017, 03:12 AM
Do you guys think there will be some surprises at the Houston show? Or will it go according to the shows they've already done?

iamclassic
12-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Do you guys think there will be some surprises at the Houston show? Or will it go according to the shows they've already done?

I'm hoping there is more of a light show than this tour has been, since it's at a lights festival.

streetman
12-04-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping there is more of a light show than this tour has been, since it's at a lights festival.

Same here. Really hoping they give us a taste of what's to come next year and step it up a bit. Would be amazing to close out the year that way.

ninlive
12-04-2017, 09:43 PM
I just want to hear Branches/Bones again!

streetman
12-04-2017, 10:25 PM
I just want to hear Branches/Bones again!

Is it that much better live?

bobbie solo
12-04-2017, 11:02 PM
yes. yes it is. Those live drums add a ton of life to the song. The screams are pretty intense too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6BLXrWZ1E

SM Rollinger
12-04-2017, 11:06 PM
That video doesn't do it justice, the song is absolutely FACE MELTING in person.

streetman
12-04-2017, 11:50 PM
That video doesn't do it justice, the song is absolutely FACE MELTING in person.

Can't wait to experience that.

Kid A
12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
NIN plays from 9:30-11:00. Was really hoping we might get a 2 hours setlist...

ekrekel
12-05-2017, 10:18 AM
NIN plays from 9:30-11:00. Was really hoping we might get a 2 hours setlist...

Well at least there's nobody following them on that stage and no curfew(maybe?). That should eliminate the chance of a Soundgarden style run over resulting in 1 less encore song.

Linky:
https://dayfornight.io/schedule/dec-17

I'm happy Phantogram, St. Vincent, and Thom Yorke don't overlap Saturday. Would've liked to see Tyler the Creator Sunday but we all know that isn't going to happen now.

Kid A
12-05-2017, 10:42 AM
TY playing on the blue stage makes me nervous. May have to skip St. V.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-05-2017, 12:49 PM
I'll never forgive myself for not making plans to go to this festival mooonths ago before other plans got in the way. D': I hope everyone has an amazing time. Gonna have to go next year, NIN or not.

I also echo the statements that I'm hoping for a stellar light production for this show. If it were to happen anywhere, I'd think it would happen there.

witte
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
I also echo the statements that I'm hoping for a stellar light production for this show. If it were to happen anywhere, I'd think it would happen there.
Forget it. I asked 'kraw' and he denied. The visuals will be the same as we saw till now, he told me.

Kid A
12-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Ah that's a bit of a bummer. If they're going for the stripped down look I much prefer the 2009 can lights.

ekrekel
12-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Because of the size of the stage area?

TY Midnight-2AM Sunday night.... really? That's where the choped & screwed aardvark fighting a yak set needs to go. Don't people work anymore?

I'll never forgive myself for not making plans to go to this festival mooonths ago before other plans got in the way. D': I hope everyone has an amazing time. Gonna have to go next year, NIN or not.

If you decide to go, do not buy tickets until 2 weeks out. You'll get 40-50% off their ridiculous prices when they realize they aren't ACL yet.

Forget it. I asked 'kraw' and he denied. The visuals will be the same as we saw till now, he told me.
Bummer indeed, mentioned earlier but I really think this is a missed opportunity for TRez to flex his artsy muscles to do something unique given the concept of this festival. lollapalooza/FYF/ACL are all essentially the same with little quirks, this seems genuinely different. NIN can go back to their standard(really good) visuals for the other fests.

Kid A
12-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Yea, that space just doesn't look very big at all. Not complaining about that! All of the Tomorrow's Modern Boxes shows have started super late like that. His two shows in CA leading up to this one don't start until 10pm. And that's just when the opener starts. I'll definitely be flying home tired af Monday.

streetman
12-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Who is ‘kraw’? And also, if Trent wanted to surprise us and keep it secret how would anyone know?

ekrekel
12-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Who is ‘kraw’? And also, if Trent wanted to surprise us and keep it secret how would anyone know?
John Crawford, the current NIN Art Director. Rob's replacement. I hope there is a surprise but I'm convinced NIN isn't getting paid a ton and offsetting any custom dev would be tough with a festival that is currently selling tickets for 40-50% off.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-05-2017, 04:10 PM
If you decide to go, do not buy tickets until 2 weeks out. You'll get 40-50% off their ridiculous prices when they realize they aren't ACL yet.

For sure. After seeing how the prices were handled this time around I'm definitely gonna hold out for a discount next year.

iamclassic
12-05-2017, 04:48 PM
John Crawford, the current NIN Art Director. Rob's replacement. I hope there is a surprise but I'm convinced NIN isn't getting paid a ton and offsetting any custom dev would be tough with a festival that is currently selling tickets for 40-50% off.

Why are you convinced they aren't getting paid a ton? I'm not disagreeing or anything, I'm just curious. Just because it's a festival show in general or something else?

ekrekel
12-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Why are you convinced they aren't getting paid a ton? I'm not disagreeing or anything, I'm just curious. Just because it's a festival show in general or something else?

I'm sure that's worked out ahead of time and not dependent upon ticket sales. This fest obviously is having trouble selling tickets (did last year as well) and may be strapped for cash trying to get this thing off the ground. Part of me thinks that TR/MMR being fans of these types of art installs may support it by taking less.

On the Thom Yorke discussion; I found some pictures of the Blue Stage area from last year(festival map) (https://dayfornight.io/map/). looks like a good amount of space, but it's a really long space and easy to wind up waaaay in the back or stuck on the side.

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/dayfornight2-2016/large/20161218dayfornightday2-victoriaholt15mykkiblanco.jpg?1384968217

http://openroadsunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dayfornight_saturday-tycho-7586.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0YIYsLNWAKE/maxresdefault.jpg

Kid A
12-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Thanks for posting those pics. I'd only seen a couple others, but those give a much better feel for it. Total EU rave vibe. People on Reddit are saying that room filled up super fast last year.

ekrekel
12-06-2017, 08:53 AM

If you're into St.V setlist it looks like she plays mostly the same setlist every time in chronological order of her discography. 40 mins of early stuff then 40 mins for the latest album in its entirety. That lines up with her odd 1 hour 20 minute set time. I'm mostly into the new stuff, but might start thinking about bailing out after Young Lover to get inside for TY

Kid A
12-06-2017, 09:06 AM
If you're into St.V setlist it looks like she plays mostly the same setlist every time in chronological order of her discography. 40 mins of early stuff then 40 mins for the latest album in its entirety. That lines up with her odd 1 hour 20 minute set time. I'm mostly into the new stuff, but might start thinking about bailing out after Young Lover to get inside for TY

I'm not a huge fan but I wanted to check her live show out. I'm really only going to this for NIN and TY though so I'm more than likely going to be at the blue stage for the duration of her set.

iamclassic
12-06-2017, 05:11 PM
I am so fucking excited to see NIN again. This will be the third time since September as well as just my third time seeing them and I'm just as excited as the 2nd time. I don't know if this is a temporary obsession or not, but I'm riding the NIN high for as long as I can sustain it (financially & if it continues).

ninsp
12-11-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm sure that's worked out ahead of time and not dependent upon ticket sales. This fest obviously is having trouble selling tickets (did last year as well) and may be strapped for cash trying to get this thing off the ground. Part of me thinks that TR/MMR being fans of these types of art installs may support it by taking less.

On the Thom Yorke discussion; I found some pictures of the Blue Stage area from last year(festival map) (https://dayfornight.io/map/). looks like a good amount of space, but it's a really long space and easy to wind up waaaay in the back or stuck on the side.

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/dayfornight2-2016/large/20161218dayfornightday2-victoriaholt15mykkiblanco.jpg?1384968217

http://openroadsunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dayfornight_saturday-tycho-7586.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0YIYsLNWAKE/maxresdefault.jpg

Other than the nearby toilets overflowing, Blue is the best stage. All of the nearby light installations are nifty too.

Seriously, I know people are a little “eh” over the ticket prices dropping but this is the coolest fest I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to most of them.

ninsp
12-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Downtown Houston is awesome, it makes for a cool view and atmosphere being in the middle of the town, tons of bars and clubs for afterparties, plenty of food...an awesome venue indoor and out, badass lineups and cool light shows.

ninsp
12-11-2017, 04:00 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/343smy9.jpg

Saw RTJ in the pouring rain last year...check out the backdrop. So excited.

ekrekel
12-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Which stage is this and are you in some sort of vip area?

ninsp
12-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Which stage is this and are you in some sort of vip area?

Green. And no, I bailed on Aphex so I couldn’t get a good spot.

Kid A
12-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Hope the forecast holds for no rain Saturday

streetman
12-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Hope the forecast holds for no rain Saturday

Rain? The forecast I'm looking at has Saturday as sunny and 66.

Kid A
12-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Rain? The forecast I'm looking at has Saturday as sunny and 66.

Holds for no rain on Saturday.

ekrekel
12-12-2017, 02:54 PM
looks like they rotated some stages, specifically blue and red turned south facing and moved yellow inside. Hopefully that makes the TY sight lines a little better. Also people spilling in from Green won't be entering the crowd from the side.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4738/38298098014_8861878c05_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21mgLfJ)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4636/38298088974_6f466a6dd5_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21mgHyS)

Kid A
12-12-2017, 03:34 PM
What time are you going to show up for TY? I'm thinking 9pm

ekrekel
12-12-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm going to aim for 9:50 so I don't have to hear any of the Corbin set. Maybe a little earlier to get a jump on the Justice people waiting for his big hit (the one that goes deededededee (https://youtu.be/y6120QOlsfU?t=31s)).

Sat is pretty straight forward. Show up sometime before 6, wander around lookin at lights, then Red stage all night for Pretty Lights - James Blake - NIN
Sunday is Phantogram - Babyfather - Solange / Mount Kimbre - St. Vincent - TY

streetman
12-12-2017, 04:34 PM
96 hours away from my first ever live NIN show. Super psyched!

bobbie solo
12-12-2017, 04:51 PM
check out Cardi B if you can. Loving her verse on the new G Eazy track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfSaVDymjk

ninsp
12-13-2017, 07:35 AM
Latest forecast is a cold Saturday and a decent Sunday. Few things for all the newbies to town:

There is no event parking. You’ll have to park in day lots and then renew at night. Best recommendation is to park along the Metrorail line and ride in. Park and Rides along the route are a good option.
Downtown Houston is fun and really safe, but there are a lot of pickpockets. Last year, DFN recovered a bag with hundreds of cell phones.
The interior is a gigantic hotbox. If you don’t like the smell of weed, upstairs for light shows might be a no-go.
It’s a VERY OLD post office so unless they fixed it there were lots of bottlenecks trying to get from inside to out. Also, the toilets inside overflowed and sewage went everywhere.
There are a lot of empty dark spots in the venue so once again, be aware.
Will Call is a clusterfuck. If you’re going WC, my condolences.
Explore the post office!! It’s cool as shit and there are so many cool hidden things in the nooks, stairwells, etc.
There are tons of amazing places to eat and get drunk at downtown in Market Square and by the convention center. The bar scene is on Main in Market Square off of the rail.
DO NOT GO TO THE MCDONALDS!
The mall is closed on the weekends/downtown is huge so if you end up in the business district it’ll be abandoned. Very M-F. Same things for the tunnels. Mostly weekday.
The movie theater used to be an awesome Sundance and now it’s an AMC so don’t go.
Hotels in downtown are booked. Check the Med Center. Stay near the rail!! I’m staying at the downtown Doubletree.
If anyone wants food/beer recs let me know.

I’m going to head over to the NIN Stage around 8:30 after Laurie.

Kid A
12-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Thanks for those tips! Bring on the weekend! Haven't had a NIN fix since the NIN/SG tour

Kid A
12-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Forecast now showing PM showers Saturday...

ekrekel
12-14-2017, 10:04 AM

Festival, Rain, T-Rez, Fink. Sounds like we have 4 ingredients for another one of these.....
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/f7/d5/29f7d5d482246d10625e0cb8be21c464.jpg

Hey I can dream right?

Kid A
12-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Wonder if there will be a show tonight or tomorrow? Guessing not since that poster had all the dates on it but who knows.

ekrekel
12-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Antone's in Austin had Lady Gaga randomly show up last week unannounced, that'd be stupid awesome if it happened tomorrow night but they've got shows lined up every night. Stubb's where they've played before has nothing Mon-Wed next week but they usually don't. Most of me thinks the extra NY show was more about the club closing for renovation than a sign of how they'll tour going forward.

streetman
12-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Awesome! Maybe they'll play Down In It.

streetman
12-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Wonder if there will be a show tonight or tomorrow? Guessing not since that poster had all the dates on it but who knows.

Not only the poster. On the site as well as the presale email they sent overnight. Looks like Houston DFN is the only US date left. So far.

witte
12-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Go to Gary Numan on Friday: Trent will join :)

Kid A
12-14-2017, 01:51 PM
Maybe he'll come out Saturday night for Cars or Metal again?

ninsp
12-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Latest update has rain right during NIN’s set...so be prepared.

Papagolash
12-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Around 57 degrees and raining predicted when NIN hits the stage, that's gonna suck...... though maybe we can get nuts muddy? I don't know the festival or setting at all, it's outside right? You'd think that with a show in 2 days I'd at least know some stuff about the event. Anyways is there going to be an ETS meetup? I get in town tomorrow night, leave back for Dallas Monday.

nooneimportant
12-14-2017, 09:58 PM

For what it's worth, the 2018 tour is supposedly going to have the band back.

Kid A
12-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Around 57 degrees and raining predicted when NIN hits the stage, that's gonna suck...... though maybe we can get nuts muddy? I don't know the festival or setting at all, it's outside right? You'd think that with a show in 2 days I'd at least know some stuff about the event. Anyways is there going to be an ETS meetup? I get in town tomorrow night, leave back for Dallas Monday.
That's definitely going to suck. The main stage is just in a parking lot I believe. 95% chance of thunderstorms around 10pm now...

ninsp
12-15-2017, 08:11 AM
That's definitely going to suck. The main stage is just in a parking lot I believe. 95% chance of thunderstorms around 10pm now...

Eh, local news is predicting rain, with the T-Storms off to the east. It’s a parking lot so just bring some rain boots and a coat. Rained during aphex last year and the temp dropped forty degrees. The “polar vortex”.

I’m going to buy some rain boots and get the wife a poncho.

streetman
12-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Eh, local news is predicting rain, with the T-Storms off to the east. It’s a parking lot so just bring some rain boots and a coat. Rained during aphex last year and the temp dropped forty degrees. The “polar vortex”.

I’m going to buy some rain boots and get the wife a poncho.

They say it's east of houston near galveston. So I'm hoping the storms are far enough south east that they won't affect the festival.

Kid A
12-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Looks like we're getting Piggy (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcu9D1yAh0d/?taken-by=ilanrubin)

streetman
12-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Looks like we're getting Piggy (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcu9D1yAh0d/?taken-by=ilanrubin)

They always play that.

Kid A
12-15-2017, 02:11 PM
They always play that.

Wasn't saying it's a rare treat or something. It just hasn't been played at any of the fests this year. I'd rather it not be played tbh.

iamclassic
12-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Wasn't saying it's a rare treat or something. It just hasn't been played at any of the fests this year. I'd rather it not be played tbh.

Theyll play it instead of Something I can Never Have. At least, that is what they did at The Joint.

iamclassic
12-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Should I be worried about NIN canceling due to rain? This festival seems like such a cluster with everyone canceling.

Kid A
12-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Theyll play it instead of Something I can Never Have. At least, that is what they did at The Joint.

I will be so pissed. I've never managed to catch Something I Can Never Have...

Kid A
12-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Should I be worried about NIN canceling due to rain? This festival seems like such a cluster with everyone canceling.

Aphex played in a downpour last year on the same stage. We just gotta hope for no lightning.

ninsp
12-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Aphex played in a downpour last year on the same stage. We just gotta hope for no lightning.

Yup. Although it was thunder/lightning during Aphex last year.

mrfang
12-15-2017, 09:02 PM
I heard part of a soundcheck in Houston this afternoon: Reptile and March of the Pigs.

ninsp
12-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Weather ain’t looking good for NIN, folks. Be prepared for Hurt in the rain. I’m hoping we don’t get thunder/lightning.

streetman
12-15-2017, 11:34 PM
Wouldn’t they just wait till it passed and then play?

ekrekel
12-16-2017, 11:09 AM
No, curfiew rules probably limit outdoor performances. Anyone down there yet? Might head down to try for a poster. Any info on mercy stand once y’all get inside would be helpful.

somewhat_
12-16-2017, 12:32 PM
I hope you guys get a new “yet to be released” track tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekrekel
12-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Got a show shirt and one of each poster. Foil copy is sweet but $100 tho....

bryan_NIN65
12-16-2017, 12:54 PM
What's the shirt look like? I wish I was there.

iamclassic
12-16-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm solo and would meet up with whoever. Pm me.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Bet they play the exact same set they've played all year, right down to Tony P.'s favorite final three of the evening..

iamclassic
12-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Bet they play the exact same set they've played all year, right down to Tony P.'s favorite final three of the evening..

There's still some variety. The joint got terrible lie.

But for the most part. I'll be happy if we get a show

suprefan
12-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Yeah, foil poster gone already. Same shirts as they have had. And yes, its gonna rain, we’ll see if people stay for it or not.

ninsp
12-16-2017, 03:39 PM
It’s gonna fucking pour.

Chaotix
12-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Would anyone be able/willing to grab a normal version of the festival poster to hold for me if I PayPal them the cash? Or shoot, I can pay actual cash when I get there, but don't blame anyone for thinking it's a risk. I'm not going to make it down there until 6-7 PM. Really hoping someone can pull a solid for me, afraid it's going to sell out, too :x

Chaotix
12-16-2017, 04:05 PM
They moved NIN's set up an hour. Playing 8:30 - 10:00 now. Looks like they're trying their best to avoid severe weather.

https://www.facebook.com/dayfornightfest/photos/a.1664559473813279.1073741828.1652223818380178/2028755827393640/?type=3&theater

suprefan
12-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Schedule change. NIN at 8:30, due to a literal shit storm coming.

ninsp
12-16-2017, 04:18 PM
At least it doesn’t look severe...just rain. Boutta get “Hurt” in the rain.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-16-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm so insanely jealous of you all. D: Have a blast tonight!

(For the record, also 100% willing to pay for a concert poster if someone happens to grab a second one...)