PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas AKA Annual gift giving thread

ManBurning
12-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Well, it's that time of the year again...
I just thought I would start a Christmas thread. I myself am not religious at all, and I know alot of people aren't and some are.
But whatever holiday you celebrate, there is no doubt it probably invovles some sort of gift exchange, so that's what this thread is about.

Post your experiences leading up to the holidays and then after. We can use it as a thread to find out what gifts people got, I'm always interested in what other people got for Christmas. in the meantime, what did you ask for?

icklekitty
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
I'm not religous either, and we don't usually celebrate Christmas apart from the food, presents, and TV (maybe that is as much as a lot of Christians these days?). It would be a crap time of year because so much of it centres around my grandmother, but we've been having people over to distract from it. This year we're doing Xmas French-style (i.e. the meal on Xmas Eve) and we're having family over and a friend of mine from the US who is staying. This reminds me, I need to order the cake.

I've bought all my gifts (I only usually buy for one person but this year I've stretched to four) and I've told everyone to just get me money. I don't need any stuff, but I do need to decrease my mortgage debt. I hope people listen, because I really have no use for iTunes vouchers and wine glasses.

ManBurning
12-14-2011, 03:45 AM
For some reason I am not a fan of recieving money/gift cards as gifts. I just find them... kind of thoughtless and last minute "Oh, I couldn't think of anything so i'll just give some money". I mean, I like money as much as the next person, but money/gift cards and Christmas just don't seem to mix. Maybe i'm just old school and Christmas reminds me of being a child. But there is some odd joy I get out of unwrapping a physical gift and having something someone put some throught into getting me rather then getting a card and telling me to go shopping.

I also don't like giving gift cards at all, I feel they are a cop-out of a gift, like the lazy man's gift choice. My girlfriend got each of her sisters that this year and called it Christmas. I was like no-no-no we gotta go shopping to get them REAL gifts, lol.

I think we came up with some good gifts though. One of my faviourte things about christmas is hunting for the perfect gift that you know your friend/loved one/family member is going to love when they open it. The reactions are sometimes worth the hassle.

Hula
12-14-2011, 04:07 AM
I never give gift cards or money because it embodies the capitalistic nature of Christmas, where it's all about spending money on people and making sure they spend as much on you. That said, I never turn down a monetary gift if it's given to me ;)

I don't know what to do this year. I'm used to having Secret Santa all lined up when it comes to bigger groups of friends, so now I'm faced with a bunch of people I need to get something for and I have no clue what to give them. I know what to get my best friend—she loves quirky jewellery so I'll probably buy her some earrings to go with her short hairdo and maybe write a short story for her—but I'm stumped for everyone else. I'd write something for them, too, but I don't think they'd appreciate the sentiment.

icklekitty
12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I have a question for all the US folk. Are any of the following a part of Christmas time in the US? I have a friend visiting next week, and I don't want to patronise her by explaining all the stuff she's used to:

Mulled wine
Mince pies
Colonial Christmas markets
Christmas crackers
Yule logs (dessert)
Brandy butter

She's going somewhere else on Xmas day as we're doing Reveillon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9veillon), but I still want to stuff all this down her throat in the upcoming days.

Is anyone aware of any other differences between UK/US Christmases? I know about boxing day and pantos.

Rémy
12-18-2011, 08:25 AM
I got myself all sorts of great presents for Christmas (though I can't actually open them until I'm home in Jan). The big ones include a Macbook Pro and a Canon 5D Mk II. Christmas 2012 wins on the presents front.

Dra508
12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
I have a question for all the US folk. Are any of the following a part of Christmas time in the US? I have a friend visiting next week, and I don't want to patronise her by explaining all the stuff she's used to:

Mulled wine
Mince pies
Colonial Christmas markets
Christmas crackers
Yule logs (dessert)
Brandy butter

She's going somewhere else on Xmas day as we're doing Reveillon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Réveillon), but I still want to stuff all this down her throat in the upcoming days.

Is anyone aware of any other differences between UK/US Christmases? I know about boxing day and pantos.
I'll take a stab at the above, but it really depends. There are a lot of regional customs and each family's traditions.

Christmas Cookies are universal.
Mince meat pie I think is a fading tradition here, even in New England. Other areas, you would definitely see sweet potato pie.
Being that I live in NEW England, I know of all of your list save for Brandy Butter and Colonial Christmas Markets. Please tell.
I had version of mulled wine the other day that if I had more than a few sips you'd have to pour me back into my car. Tawny port, vodka, and spices - warmed. Yummmm. Yule log was also eaten that day.

We wrap all presents. I met someone who's family didn't wrap any presents. That is seriously old school.
Some families have traditional fish on Christmas Eve.
Some open presents on Christmas Eve.
Stocking stuffers. - something my family never did, but married into it. These are the little gifts that are more practical than anything - pencils, gum, socks, junk that the kids can open before the parents get out of bed. My husband's family didn't wrap these gifts, just "stuffed" them in the stockings hanging off the fire place mantel. Very traditional.
Christmas carolling - yes, people still do this. As a child, I always went to a Christmas party in Brooklyn which had carolling up and down a street full of Brownstones. A lot of fun for kids or if you like to sing.
December 26th isn't called Boxing Day, but it is the day everyone heads back to the stores to return the ugly sweater Aunt Karen bought you.
Yankee Swap or White Elephant is a popular gift giving game, same with Secret Santa.
If you're Jewish, the tradition in New York is to eat out at a Chinese restaurant on Christmas. ;)

How can I forget Christmas Lights
http://www.digsdigs.com/photos/faucher-christmas-lights-extravaganza.jpg
I personally like very mild decorating. This over the top, waste of electricity, stopping traffic stuff is just stooopid.

Any of those traditions for you guys?

icklekitty
12-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Colonial Christmas markets are little markets that take place around Xmas and New Year's that look like this. You typically get roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, and waffles served from snow-topped huts. Others sell hundreds of varieties of beer and hand made wooden crafts and gifts. If you imagine Bavarian culture, it kind of has that vibe.

Brandy butter is kind of like a clotted cream with brandy in it. Some shops sell cherry, baileys, and grand mariner versions too. You usually melt a little on a mince pie or yule log or put it in hot chocolates (...or just sit there and it eat out of the tub).

Are you reading christmas crackers as christmas cookies? I meant these (http://www.johnlewis.com/Christmas/Crackers/Crackers/Crackers/1743/ProductCategory.aspx?SearchTerm=crackers).

We wrap presents too (just seems weird to give any kind of present unwrapped. The fish thing isn't tradition as far as I know, although fish on Fridays is usual here. Stockings, in my experience, are mainly for kids, as is carolling in general. I think the door to door sort has stopped (but then so has trick or treating to an extent) but churches and schools still do them. We have black friday type sales on Boxing Day. Spme people drive down to London to queue for the shops to open at 5am.
I've never heard of Yankee Swap, but Christmas fairs (most schools have them one Saturday in December) have white elephant stalls and secret santa is fairly popular.
I think some other restaurants are open on Christmas Day, but for the most part people of all religions have it as a family day with the big meal etc. I know a lot of businesses owned by Muslim people like to operate on Christmas Day, for the extra pay if nothing else (taxi fares are triple on Xmas day and NYE, and you get paid double (I think) if you work somewhere like a hospital or police station).
There's also stuff like the Queen's speech and Eastenders/Coronation Street Christmas specials on Xmas day, but I wouldn't expect you to do those!

ManBurning
12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Christmas crackers

We definatly have those here. They always look so inticing and fun at first, until you actually go to open them, and they never work. Then the gifts inside are the cheesiest pieces of garbage ever, but they're fun for the first 5 seconds anyway...

Hula
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Had a contingency plan lined up that if I had to work on Stephen's Day, I'd do something for Christmas with a friend as there'd be no buses to take me into town on the 26th. As it turns out, I don't have to work and I'm the mildest bit disappointed—it was nice to imagine a Christmas without the inevitable arguments. Are there many people here who spend Christmas without their families (but aren't married / don't have a new family to celebrate it with)?

Dra508
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Are you reading christmas crackers as christmas cookies? I meant these (http://www.johnlewis.com/Christmas/Crackers/Crackers/Crackers/1743/ProductCategory.aspx?SearchTerm=crackers).Yes yes. Crackers, biscuits, chips. I just can't keep up!

allegro
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I have a question for all the US folk.
Mulled wine we have all fall and winter, we even make our own at home. Crate & Barrel and Willliams Sonoma make and sell mulling spices (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/mulling-spice/).

Re Christmas Markets, see this: http://gochicago.about.com/od/eventsfestivalsholidays/p/christkindlmark.htm (http://gochicago.about.com/od/eventsfestivalsholidays/p/christkindlmark.htm)

You can buy Yule Log cakes at most grocery stores.

And those fireworks thingies that never work.

We also have this, which is FRIGGIN' AWESOME:
http://www.thehenryford.org/events/holidayNights.aspx

Fish on Christmas Eve is Italian, see Feast of the Seven Fishes. Every Italian I know also eats lasagna on Christmas Eve.

sentient02970
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
For Christmas trees in the last 10 years or so we've gone to the same tree farm and cut our own. The last 4 or so years has been my youngest daughter going with me to pick it out. She never steers us wrong, although I do end up hiking deep into the farm to get that tree.

halloween
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
It's been a long tradition in my life to spend Christmas on a place traveling between Brasil and the States- rates are cheaper! planes are emptier! good times for everyone!

On a more serious note, someone asked me how if I celebrate Christmas, I was genuinely confused on how to answer. I don't "do anything" special for unless people around me are, and I don't have any religious connections to celebrating it...and I buy gifts soooometimes but only to the very very few close people (read: my sister, mom, dad. If they're around.) It's always belated gift giving, if any at all (that's reciprocal, by the way, I don't always get gifts either!)

I'm very apathetic towards these holidays in general. It's just a vacation time for me.

Delusional
12-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Curious, if you're not a christian why start a "christmas" thread instead of a "holiday" thread?
I myself don't celebrate christmas and haven't since I was a child, but having my own family now and not wanting to isolate my daughter from the festivities around her we started celebrating the solstice a couple of years ago. It's nice that since it's not "christmas" we don't feel the need to emphasize gift giving... but anyways I got what I wanted, some good beers you can see them in the beer thread.

Endlessly
12-24-2011, 01:33 AM
My mother's family does Wigilia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigilia) every Christmas Eve, with the opłatek (like a giant Communion wafer) and the twelve courses. Every family I know that celebrates it has their own menu, but ours is always mushroom soup, fish, noodles, sauerkraut, potatoes, strawberry blintzes, and two kinds each of lima beans, barley, and pierogi. Then we all get together again for dinner on Christmas Day, without nearly as much ceremony, and watch my uncle dress up as Santa to hand out presents, which are mostly just for my nephews and my cousins' kids by now.

Hula
12-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Curious, if you're not a christian why start a "christmas" thread instead of a "holiday" thread?

Christmas has become a secular pandemic at this point (at least from what I've seen in the UK and Ireland). At work, we're supposed to say 'Happy Christmas' to every customer but I went into it trying to say 'Happy holidays' instead, as we have a pretty colourful cultural mix in town and I don't want to stuff the holiday down people's throats; nevertheless, I've had women in hijab frantically snatching up toys to cross off their shopping list and wishing me a happy Christmas.

redshoewearer
12-24-2011, 06:36 AM
I definitely have some Dexter in me when it comes to christmas. I don't feel anything inside regarding christmas, but I run a business, so I have to completely put on an act in order to be socially appropriate/acceptable. This means saying Merry Christmas at the appropriate times and giving the appropriate gifts. It doesn't mean anything to me, so it is kind of a burden. There's still a pile of Lush stuff on my bed that I need to put in the appropriate gift bags in the next half hour. It might as well be nascar for all i care about it.

slave2thewage
12-24-2011, 09:34 AM
My mother is running around cleaning. My father seems like he may be drunk. My sister has pissed off for the day. I'm in my room watching True Blood.IT HAS BEGUN.

BipolarMike
12-24-2011, 10:11 AM
"People, don't fight over whether to say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". ANY empty platitude devoid of sincerity is fine by Me."

@TheTweetOfGod

Harry Seaward
12-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Christmas has become a secular pandemic at this point

This. I'm a devout anti-theist and I celebrate Christmas. Christmas has nothing to do with Christianity. Christ wasn't born on December 25th (hypothetically of course, if he were anything but a story-book character.) Christmas is just a celebration of the Winter Solstice that was hijacked from the Pagans by the Christians. All of the Christmas traditions (gift-giving, pine trees, yule, mistletoe, etc.) were around long before Christianity.

theruiner
12-25-2011, 05:09 AM
All of the Christmas traditions (gift-giving, pine trees, yule, mistletoe, etc.) were around long before Christianity.Yeah, but backstabbing, drunkenness and family infighting weren't. So amen, praise the Lord and Merry Christmas, everyone!

Harry Seaward
12-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Yeah, but backstabbing, drunkenness and family infighting weren't. So amen, praise the Lord and Merry Christmas, everyone!

No, I'm sure those have all been around much longer than Christianity as well.

theruiner
12-25-2011, 05:48 AM
I know. My joke only worked for the half second before you actually think about it, then it completely falls apart.

icklekitty
12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Why aren't you people drunk yet?

Harry Seaward
12-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Why aren't you people drunk yet?

Dunno about anyone else, but for me it's due to being poor. Sober, sad Christmas. Hooray!

ManBurning
12-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Because I am nursing a hangover from last night... and I have to head to my Girlfriend's family dinner in a bit...

halloween
12-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Haaaaah, so my sister is the best gift giver- and i feel like a bitch for not putting more effort into this but whatever- she gave me a small pillow that has a pocket for a remote control so i don't lose it while watching tv; and also my first "adult" (read= sexy) nightgown, that is reminiscent of mini mouse´s outfit (it's red with white polka dots).

Sigh, shes the only one in my family that tries to put any tradition into this thing. Next year, im going to try harder, just for her.

Fixer808
12-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Bacon floss, bacon lip balm, bacon toothpicks, bacon mints, bacon jellybeans, bacon-themed desk calender. My sister knows what I like.

Christo
12-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I have never been this drunk for Christmas. Hence, best Christmas ever.

allegro
12-25-2011, 07:10 PM
New Christmas tradition: Middle Eastern restaurant for Christmas dinner. With a bunch of Jews. Excellent time, good food.

Fixer808
12-25-2011, 09:52 PM
With a bunch of Jews.
http://images.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/6/blog_images/always-sunny-mac-fights-gay-marriage.jpg
"Woah dude! You can't just drop a 'hard J' on us!"

ltrandazzo
12-25-2011, 10:28 PM
$100 Amazon Gift Card (SCORE!)
$30 Best Buy Gift Card (SCORE!)
Absolute Sandman Vol. 5 (SCORE!!)
This wallet (SCORE!!) (http://www.mightywallets.com/comic-book-mighty-wallet/)

richardp
12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I got U2's super-deluxe edition of Achtung Baby, some cool Star Wars stuff, a Gremlins action figure, Jurassic Park trilogy on blu-ray, and THIS (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Files-Matthew-Manning/dp/1449408222/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324874420&sr=1-1).

YES!!

allegro
12-25-2011, 11:21 PM
"Woah dude! You can't just drop a 'hard J' on us!"
My Jewish boss gave me a $500 Christmas bonus.

sublimaze
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I worked overnight, got home and slept for a couple of hours, so we had "Christmas" at about 2:30 PM. Little guy didn't care much about the delay.

The mom-in-law cooked everything (since I'd worked) and it turned out great.

Gifts were fantastic all around. I got some nice "bling," a Michele watch with diamonds on the bezel.

Hula
12-26-2011, 05:42 AM
I think I'm getting to the age where practical gifts like scarves and pyjamas actually seem incredibly thoughtful. That's not to say I didn't appreciate the game and books I got, of course, but the thing I most looked forward to yesterday evening was getting home from my brother and sister-in-law's house and climbing into bed in my new flannel PJs.

Yup. Definitely getting old.

icklekitty
12-26-2011, 11:53 AM
New Christmas tradition: Middle Eastern restaurant for Christmas dinner. With a bunch of Jews. Excellent time, good food.

I believe that's how Jesus used to do it.

ManBurning
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Best gift worth mentioning I recieved was the Jurassic Park Blu-Ray Trilogy Limited Edition box set with the T-rex statue.

Asside from that:
Computer Speakers
Dave Grohl "this is a call" biography
$25 Subway Gift Card
Travel grooming set
Chocolates
MIDI controller

Mech
12-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I got all sorts of neat stuff. One of favorite gifts though had to be the nice set of rubbermaid tupperware from my sister and brother in law, which made me SUPPER HAPPY because then, my girlfriend and I were able to put all her random flour and rices (she has a gluten allergy) into our older containers that fit way better into the cabinet than her random and assorted sizes of cylindrical containers. So, because of a simple, practical gift, we spent some time cleaning the chaos of a couple of our cabinets yesterday afternoon. Really wish I would've taken before and after photos.

On top of that, got a nice martini set, rocks glasses, a few nice shirts and a tie with some nice slacks, some iTunes cards which are always needed, new cookie sheet and cooling rack, new pizza pan, sauce pan and new cutting boards (and some flexible cutting mats which will be awesome), and a few other things.

Had a blast with the family and now I just have to get through this one day of work before my trip to Arizona tomorrow!

Rossva
12-27-2011, 10:48 AM
My folks got us a soda stream... They're still obviously living in the 80's!

Hula
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM

They're making a comeback, yo. They've been flying off the shelves where I work.

theruiner
12-27-2011, 06:16 PM
They're making a comeback, yo. They've been flying off the shelves where I work.Yeah, I hear advertisements for them all the time. They're really big right now.

frankie teardrop
12-27-2011, 09:54 PM
much to my surprise, this year's holiday season was the best in many moons. lots of highlights, good feelings, gift giving (despite my initial commercial reluctance), and solid company. the best part? little to no drama. first time in ages!

Yeah, I hear advertisements for them all the time. They're really big right now.

i've had one of those for a few years now...we swear by it! as for trending gifts this year, i noticed an abundance of food & those instant coffee makers where you place a small container of grounds in the top, press a button, and voila. i saw three of them exchange hands in my family.

orestes
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not entirely sold on those instant coffee & tea makers. There's nothing quite like the taste-and SMELL-of freshly ground coffee. If you don't drink a lot of coffee, I'm sure it's not much to buy a pack of coffee pods.

sublimaze
12-27-2011, 11:21 PM

We've had one for about 5 months. Quite nice, the husband was drinking a 12-pack of diet coke every day or so, this has forced him to cut back. Plus I can make a variety of sodas, even just flavored sparkling water. Love it. Down side is washing the bottles and chilling the water.

Torgo
12-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Pretty random year:

- Kinect
- Rocksmith
- Kindle Fire (which I actually like now)
- Some gift cards to various places (mostly Target and house furnishing stores)
- Plate and silverware set
- Coffee maker
- Soda Maker
- Vacuum
- Blender
- Some cool wine glasses
- Cold hard cash from relatives

I guess "getting a new apartment and needing stuff for it" was the theme for this year. I also never thought I'd be learning how to play guitar...

Fixer808
12-28-2011, 01:13 AM
never thought I'd be learning how to play guitar...
I don't think you're using your soda maker correctly.

Rossva
12-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I hear advertisements for them all the time. They're really big right now.

Check it, I'm trendy without even tryin' ;)

BipolarMike
12-28-2011, 06:24 AM
I have come to the conclusion that this cat throw pillow we got for Christmas is haunted. It will hence forth be known as Creepy Cat.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/michaeltl/409688_10150446749771404_526576403_8611247_1233686 527_n.jpg

ManBurning
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I have come to the conclusion that this cat throw pillow we got for Christmas is haunted. It will hence forth be known as Creepy Cat.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/michaeltl/409688_10150446749771404_526576403_8611247_1233686 527_n.jpg

Before reading what you typed, I glanced at the photo and thought that was a real cat. Yeah... that's just a little creepy, hah.

ManBurning
12-25-2012, 04:07 AM
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP, It's Christmas 2012!! Merry Holiday Gift Giving everyone!

You know the drill, post what ya got!

My girlfriend and I are going to attempt cooking our first Christmas Turkey for dinner, just for the two of us. We decided to boycott any family get together's this year.
Probably go check out Django Unchained in the evening, couldn't think of a better way to spend the holiday, than at the movie theatre. =)

hobochic
12-25-2012, 05:20 AM
I laughed cause I read:

The Christmas AKA Annual gift giving head (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/464-The-Christmas-AKA-Annual-gift-giving-thread)

Dra508
12-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Santa brought me an iPad. Bonus, company sponsored work phone arrived the other day too: iPhone 5. Merry Christmas Buddhist Steve Jobs!

miss k bee
12-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Money £100

Fixer808
12-25-2012, 01:16 PM
New computer from parents! 1tb hard drive, 6gb of ram! My old one only had 512mb of ram... And a copy of World War Z from my sister!

ManBurning
12-25-2012, 03:24 PM
New computer from parents! 1tb hard drive, 6gb of ram! My old one only had 512mb of ram... And a copy of World War Z from my sister!

WOW! Impressive Christmas for you sir, such a step up from all the bacon themed things from last year, lol

ibanez33
12-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Got this bad boy from my brother!!!

http://mediocrityisthenewgenius.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/tarantino-xx-blu-ray-gear-patrol.jpg

Aw yessssss

Kid Charlemagne
12-25-2012, 05:30 PM
My parents decided to get me a bunch of winter clothes for Christmas, which is what I needed since I hardly do clothes shopping and never buy sweaters or jackets which were provided. My brother also bought me two types of cologne since he knows I like to go to the clubs and date constantly. So all in all a real good Christmas where I got things I needed opposed to any half assed idea I was giving my parents leading up to today.

Fixer808
12-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Also got a bunch of specialty beers, some winter/work gloves, and some jerky! Oh, and $80 cold hard cash.

Big Fat Matt
12-25-2012, 09:34 PM
$40
a Lego Pen/Pencil holder
10 stitches
a concussion

good day.

ManBurning
12-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I got these:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0119_zpsc06317fe.jpg

Also got: A sweater, Some Beer, an HDMI cable and a couple video games I already had, but I'll be exchanging those for something else on Friday.

Conan The Barbarian
12-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Now that is awesome.

Fixer808
12-25-2012, 11:37 PM
I realized what they were when I squinted! Radical!

ManBurning
12-26-2012, 03:29 AM
It's also easier to make them out the further you step away from the image, hah.

icklekitty
12-26-2012, 04:52 PM
"Here's six hundred pounds. *vomit*. I'm going back to bed"

sweeterthan
12-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Our holiday was rather pleasant. We went to my sister's with our 8 week old baby who didn't fuss really at all. Husband got me the point and shoot camera (lumix) I wanted and I gave him the Bose Bluetooth speaker which he seems excited about. He also got me the rage against the machine box set that has the first album on vinyl. I can't wait to play that for our son ;)

I would take a holiday like this one any year. I think having a baby around made everyone happy. My sister is pregs so next year there will be two kids. Everyone can focus on them.

ManBurning
12-29-2012, 03:59 AM
What does everyone think october_midnight got for Christmas? It's a total mystery as he never reported his treasures. He certainly didn't get "watch the throne" tickets with Jay-Z and Kanye West this year, as that's what he GAVE to his in laws last year... Hmmm.... what did he get?

Also, pardon me... I'm posting this while rather intoxicated and just procrastinating the fact of going to bed. Even though the internet is awful. Has anyone noticed the internet has like 2 or 3 good "daily read" websites to frequent and they are usually done reading in 5 minutes... which results you going to the pages multiple times a day, only to see there is NO NEW INFORMATION! Blah, I need something new to do on the internet... anyone have any suggestions?

miss k bee
01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Prob don't count but got a tax rebate and bought this for myself :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZm0QDJdvY

Giving my two old home keyboards to charity.