PDA

View Full Version : Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Jordan
04-14-2018, 02:07 AM
Stoked! I'm going to both Vegas shows!
How different do we expect this leg to be from the "I can't seem to wake up" tour?

witte
04-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Just surprised that it took so long before the 1st Vegas show did sell out.

implanted_microchip
04-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Stoked! I'm going to both Vegas shows!
How different do we expect this leg to be from the "I can't seem to wake up" tour?
I think the setup will be the same — Trent complained in the Chicago Q&A about elaborate setups and that he thinks they’ve hit the limit for it and the raw, stripped-down feel of the 2017 shows worked great and added a sense of intimacy and immediacy that as someone who’d only seen the Tension and 2014 tours I’d never felt so much before from the band. Setlist-wise I think the Bowie cover will be gone since they’ll now have 3 EPs of recent material to represent and maybe a couple songs will get swapped out for others but it’ll be a similar set length and overall structure. As long as they keep Burning Bright and Background World I won’t care though.

I am hoping since they’re doing 2 nights in Vegas that they change it up a little bit more night to night, even if it’s just a handful of different songs and a different flow to the setlist. I’ve never seen them back to back in the same venue before so I’m hoping for something interesting.

Jordan
04-14-2018, 12:41 PM
I am hoping since they’re doing 2 nights in Vegas that they change it up a little bit more night to night, even if it’s just a handful of different songs and a different flow to the setlist. I’ve never seen them back to back in the same venue before so I’m hoping for something interesting.

I saw them back to back at Red Rocks with Soundgarden. The setlists were very different. The feel and energy were also very different. I was very surprised having just seen them the night before how new it felt the second night. I am greatly hoping for something similar at the Vegas shows.

bryan_NIN65
04-14-2018, 02:05 PM
I can only make the Wednesday show so I am hopping I picked the right one,lol.

implanted_microchip
04-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Bare minimum you’re almost guaranteed live debuts of new material.

sick among the pure
04-14-2018, 09:26 PM

Same here but to be honest I've never been disappointed by a NIN show, and that includes seeing the exact same setlist at 2 shows. A venue like that, at a show that'll be THE FIRST of 2018's tour and THE FIRST after EP3 comes out, it'll be a memorable show I'm sure. I am so excited.

witte
04-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Extra show on june 16th: https://www.axs.com/series/6194/nine-inch-nails-tickets?skin=thejoint

Just surprised that it took so long before the 1st Vegas show did sell out.

Yeah, they waited till the wednesday first sold out.... Not nice, I'd say.

vvvv

ryanmcfly
04-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Irritated about the third vegas show because if they would have announced the third one earlier, I would have been able to make it work. Oh well.

scardwel
04-16-2018, 09:25 AM
I feel for the folk who booked their plane ride home for June 16th. Oops.

fragility3.1
04-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Glad that I didn’t book a flight yet. Three nights in Vegas!!!

FULLMETAL
04-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Yay for more live NIN! Boo for the "sell out Wednesday before announcing Saturday" bullshit.

heavenly_bearded
04-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Aaaaaah skeet skeet skeet

iamclassic
04-16-2018, 10:10 AM
I feel for the folk who booked their plane ride home for June 16th. Oops.

I'm calling to try to adjust it. It's worth it.

implanted_microchip
04-16-2018, 10:36 AM
I am so glad I didn't book my flight yet. When's the last time they did one venue this many times? Definitely not since the Wave Goodbye shows, right?

Sarah K
04-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Bruh. I am so mad.

When I was booking this trip, I almost made it so I left Sunday just in case. But I didn't want to have to spend another day in Vegas if it was unnecessary. It is gonna cost me about $300 to change my flight. And I can't add another day to my hotel stay without rebooking the entire thing, for double the initial cost. Lol.

lowlight10
04-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Yup, booked our flight for Sunday already and the change fees are always more than just booking a new flight. Really hating this one-show-at-a-time nonsense this year and in the case of Vegas, announcing the 2 shows with an off day in between first.

implanted_microchip
04-16-2018, 11:30 AM
I can see the venue wanting to not announce the Saturday until Wednesday sold out since a weekday show would be harder to fill than a prime weekend night, but yeah, it's maddening. I'm relieved I never got the plans together for the Europe shows I'd been eyeing because these Vegas dates will cost me a fraction of that trip, but it would have been really easy to have already bought tickets and been shit out of luck. Last year since it was just sporadic festival dates it had a fun and exciting vibe to it, but this year since it's closer to a traditional tour it feels very played out and frustrating. I'm already cutting other planned trips this summer down to make room for this.

But, holy shit is this going to be a wild week. I feel like I can already smell the sweat and fog machines at the rail.

_Ruiner
04-16-2018, 12:16 PM
I have a rumor to share
Someone I know is one of the people in charge of booking a festival here in San Antonio on September 22nd 2018. I was told NIN is booked headline and is a done deal. Two other names on the bill are STP and Bush. Im sure there will be other 90s bands, as thats how this festival has been in years past. Hopefully they are not pulling my leg, but I do trust this person.

somewhat_
04-16-2018, 12:22 PM
I have a rumor to share
Someone I know is one of the people in charge of booking a festival here in San Antonio on September 22nd 2018. I was told NIN is booked headline and is a done deal. Two other names on the bill are STP and Bush. Im sure there will be other 90s bands, as thats how this festival has been in years past. Hopefully they are not pulling my leg, but I do trust this person.

What’s the name of the festival?

lowlight10
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM
What’s the name of the festival?

Probably this:

River City Rockfest Rock Festival Sept 22, 2018 in San Antonio, TX at the AT&T Center

implanted_microchip
04-16-2018, 12:37 PM
Can't wait for the local news headline "Rock Acts Rock Rockfest Rock Festival."

It's surprising that they might be getting NA dates as early as September, I figured they wouldn't be until October through to December/early January. Hopefully there are more headlining dates like Vegas and less festivals though. Maybe this year is the year they do Voodoo Fest again.

_Ruiner
04-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Probably this:

River City Rockfest Rock Festival Sept 22, 2018 in San Antonio, TX at the AT&T Center

Yep. Thats right. Ive never been, because I didnt care for the acts, but from what I understand its been a big success, allotting them a bigger budget for this year. May even be a two day event.

magnolia
04-16-2018, 12:41 PM
I've lived all over Texas for more than 20 years, and never once heard of that festival. Weird.
I'm so sick of seeing NIN festival performances, though, that this just makes me groan. Hope if they are planning more US dates for later in the year that it's not all festivals. *edit* Voodoo might be the one festival I would still like to go to, though, so if NIN were playing that again, that'd be a plus.

Krazy
04-16-2018, 01:25 PM
If there’s a plus side to that one San Antonio “festival”, it’s actually in an arena.

ekrekel
04-16-2018, 01:48 PM
If there’s a plus side to that one San Antonio “festival”, it’s actually in an arena.

It's actually in the parking lot. Either the rumor is correct and whoever runs the twitter account is a NIN fan or coincidence, but there's a trademark "SOON" in one of their latest tweets.

Also, The last few moments of the video show a pretty boring the setup, fitting for SA. A September festival on asphalt in Texas more often than not is going to be horrendous. If my googling is correct, the highs on 9/22 since 2012 were 95, 91, 96, 95, 91, 88.

https://twitter.com/RCRockFest/status/978715491475828737

Nonetheless, I'd be excited for another Texas tour date.

Krazy
04-16-2018, 02:07 PM
It's actually in the parking lot.

Ewwwww... :(

ManBurning
04-16-2018, 02:21 PM
I'm relieved I never got the plans together for the Europe shows I'd been eyeing because these Vegas dates will cost me a fraction of that trip, but it would have been really easy to have already bought tickets and been shit out of luck. .

Yeah, unlike me. I got scammed with the EU dates. I wish he just released these days at the same time. I would have much rather have went down and spent 4 nights in Vegas and got 3 NIN shows out of it for like a 1/3 of the cost.

buzburbank
04-16-2018, 02:28 PM
It's actually in the parking lot. Either the rumor is correct and whoever runs the twitter account is a NIN fan or coincidence, but there's a trademark "SOON" in one of their latest tweets.

Also, The last few moments of the video show a pretty boring the setup, fitting for SA. A September festival on asphalt in Texas more often than not is going to be horrendous. If my googling is correct, the highs on 9/22 since 2012 were 95, 91, 96, 95, 91, 88.

https://twitter.com/RCRockFest/status/978715491475828737

When a bail bondsman sponsors the festival Main Stage, you just KNOW it's going to be a good time.

sick among the pure
04-16-2018, 05:37 PM
I didn't get a ticket for Friday and planned on flying out that day, but this 3rd show is tempting me something fierce. I haven't booked my flight or hotel yet... god damn it... I just wish I knew if the eventual NA shows will be festivals again or actual headlining shows indoors.

bryan_NIN65
04-16-2018, 05:38 PM
I have a rumor to share

Danny Wilmer presents, I knew he would have to have a multi deal with Trent after doing Aftershock last year. I really thought this was the year for ROTR but was wrong. Surprised it may be River City Rockfest. Make sense it's a Danny Wilmer fest. The tension tour started in late Sept. So that sounds right. I have also been thinking NIN is a lock for Voodoo. I have no source these are may thoughts. Either way I can't wait going to the June 13th show only, but promised the wife I would not do any more over nighters after one night in Vegas this year and Chicago last year and Dallas in 2014,lol. So NIN has to hit KC STL AND TULSA on the next tour or ya know it's been 24 years since a Springfield, MO show.

elevenism
04-17-2018, 03:33 AM
killer. look at all the Texans.

on the other hand, i would get a lot more excited if texas wasn't goddamn 800 miles across.
like where i live, it's way quicker to go to Kansas or CO than Austin or Dallas.

Last NIN show i saw was in Tulsa.

lowlight10
04-17-2018, 05:05 AM
Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland) on July 9th. No announcement from NIN yet but they're in the lineup.

lowlight10
04-17-2018, 05:45 AM
There it is.

Montreux Jazz Festival
09 JULY 2018
With @numanofficial
Montreux, CH
Tickets on sale 18 April at 12 CET

witte
04-17-2018, 05:48 AM
The hole is closed!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

icklekitty
04-17-2018, 05:53 AM
There it is.

Montreux Jazz Festival
09 JULY 2018
With @numanofficial
Montreux, CH
Tickets on sale 18 April at 12 CET

Holy shit are tickets £230? https://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/en/artist/nine-inch-nails

witte
04-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Peanuts

scardwel
04-17-2018, 06:47 AM
So that makes 2 shows in most expensive fucking country in Europe if not the world. Way to go Trent!
Following this band really does suck the £ (or the $ or the €) out of you.

TheBang
04-17-2018, 07:02 AM
All Montreux Jazz Festival shows are filmed in 4K.

arsenic
04-17-2018, 07:38 AM
All Montreux Jazz Festival shows are filmed in 4K.

but I'm not sure if all the gigs are streamed. But if the gig is filmed, there's an archive in Switzerland just for this festival.

lowlight10
04-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Bangkok announced too. 3 announcements in 2 days.

Still no Barcelona on July 11???

Haysey_Draws
04-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Tour dates are coming thick and fast now, just like me...wait :confused:

implanted_microchip
04-17-2018, 10:21 AM
So the new mailing list tour schedule mentions opening acts but has none listed for Vegas. Any chance there won’t be an opener, or if there is that it’ll be something a little more special than usual?

ekrekel
04-17-2018, 10:30 AM
So the new mailing list tour schedule mentions opening acts but has none listed for Vegas. Any chance there won’t be an opener, or if there is that it’ll be something a little more special than usual?

I'm guessing it's a "we'll pull someone off the street" type deal they did with Wave Goodbye Club shows and Bakersfield.

Toadflax
04-17-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm guessing it's a "we'll pull someone off the street" type deal they did with Wave Goodbye Club shows and Bakersfield.

Bakersfield? Bakersfield was Tobacco, not "someone off the street."

kevinbeetle
04-17-2018, 11:32 AM
So they play June 16th in Vegas and June 22nd in London. They probably have to fly into NY before their flight overseas, so maybe a NYC show in between?

halo eighteen
04-17-2018, 11:45 AM
^Not a chance. Vegas is billed as the only North American shows of the summer. They're not going to make a lie out of that, but they'll probably play again in the fall/winter.

kevinbeetle
04-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Totally forgot about that. With my luck, they'll play New York over Labor Day, which is when I'll be in Boston to see Pearl Jam at Fenway.

TheBang
04-17-2018, 12:46 PM
but I'm not sure if all the gigs are streamed. But if the gig is filmed, there's an archive in Switzerland just for this festival.
Yeah, I dunno what the streaming situation will be. I just meant to convey that they are meticulous about filming EVERYTHING. A lot of which never gets released and just goes into the archive. But sometimes there are Blu-ray releases and streaming and YouTube posts and such.

fillow
04-17-2018, 01:31 PM
Montreux 2002 was the show where David Bowie played Low in full (ok, one song was missing).
And the proshot of it is circulating.

Just sayin'.

lowlight10
04-17-2018, 02:31 PM
Montreux 2002 was the show where David Bowie played Low in full (ok, one song was missing).
And the proshot of it is circulating.

Just sayin'.

Would kill for the NIN and/or QOTSA shows to be released from this year. If it had been announced earlier, would've tried to make it--Stravinski Hall looks amazing.

Jordan
04-18-2018, 04:07 PM
Here is the set list from the 8-20-17 show at The Joint in Las Vegas. If you were to guess which songs will stay for this upcoming tour, which songs will go, and which songs they will be replaced with, what would you guess? (Not which songs you would like to hear but what songs you think you will hear) Obviously there will be at least one or two off the new EP. Mad props to anyone that can guess those songs right.

1 Branches/Bones
2 Wish
3 Terrible Lie
4 March Of The Pigs
5 Piggy
6 The Frail
7 The Wretched
8 Closer
9 Copy Of A
10 Less Than
11 Gave Up
12 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowe Cover)
13 The Background World
14 The Great Destroyer
15 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)
16 The Hand The Feeds
17 Head Like A Hole
18 Survivalism
19 The Day The World Went Away
20 Hurt

ChipRock
04-19-2018, 06:08 AM
Here is the set list from the 8-20-17

Quite frankly I'm expecting to see basically the same set in London, and any new tracks or significant variations will be a bonus. I'll never criticise the lack of variation in a Nine Inch Nails set because the show is always supremely good regardless. Playing three shows in a row at LV though... you're bound to see them mixing things up a little bit. Lucky the bastards who get to see 'em all.

For fun speculation though... Nine Inch Nails will be busy at Royal Albert Hall on the 24th while Robert Smith is doing his big final show of Meltdown. So! What are the chances of seeing Bob on stage on the 22nd? And if so, what song might they do? I'm not sure what to suggest, but I will give it some thought.

somewhat_
04-19-2018, 10:04 AM
For fun speculation though... Nine Inch Nails will be busy at Royal Albert Hall on the 24th while Robert Smith is doing his big final show of Meltdown. So! What are the chances of seeing Bob on stage on the 22nd? And if so, what song might they do? I'm not sure what to suggest, but I will give it some thought.

Everything

Jordan
04-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Everything

I actually had this same thought. I don't think Everything will make any set lists, but if it were to be played live I'd guess it would be on this tour.

sonic_discord
04-19-2018, 12:12 PM
How about The Idea of You or Not Anymore?

somewhat_
04-19-2018, 07:13 PM
That Riverfest Rockfest ... whatever the hell its called... lineup is being announced on April 30.

botley
04-19-2018, 11:24 PM
I feel like this year's shows are going to have a higher production value, somehow, than last year's "strip everything, let's start from scratch" feeling of I Can't Seem to Wake Up 2017.

It would actually be nice to get six or ten solid presentations of the same or similar-sized show in all these different venues, but that's probably not realistic. It'll likely be stripped down in some spaces, bigger-concept stuff in others.

They keep using promo images from the test shoot/filmed dress rehearsal or whatever it was prior to Bakersfield last year, with the moving video projector thingys, which still we haven't seen complete footage of in real action yet. There was a little bit of them at the Bakersfield show but they decided not to use it for any subsequent ones, I guess; given that the time to perfect it was too limited perhaps...

Maybe this is what they'll pull out at the Royal Albert Hall?

sonic_discord
04-20-2018, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure most of the photos they've been using to advertise the newly announced shows were taken at RiotFest.

botley
04-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Not this one:
http://i3.createsend1.com/ei/r/5F/E2D/58C/234059/csfinal/NIN_2_Robin.jpg

Or this one:
http://i5.createsend1.com/ei/r/19/867/B62/043045/csfinal/NIN_Alessandro.jpg

Kid A
04-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Where did those come from?

TheRealNs1
04-20-2018, 11:38 AM
//edit

n/m, already covered, I should read first.

ryanmcfly
04-20-2018, 12:21 PM
That Riverfest Rockfest ... whatever the hell its called... lineup is being announced on April 30.

Went to that festival a few years ago for Volbeat and Linkin Park (they were fucking awesome) and they ran out of water at like 5pm. It was miserable. That being said, if NIN or System of a Down is there, so will I. I think NIN will be playing ACL though.

sonic_discord
04-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Not this one:
Or this one:

I was referring to all the ones like this:
http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NIN-2018-Admat-FB-LV.jpg

and this:
http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NIN_RoyalAlbertHall_horz.jpg

botley
04-20-2018, 01:13 PM
I was referring to all the ones like this:
http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NIN-2018-Admat-FB-LV.jpg

and this:
http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NIN_RoyalAlbertHall_horz.jpg
I guess our links died. Here are the ones with projector images again (https://imgur.com/a/qfpiBq2), from the last few nin.com mailing list e-blasts.

sonic_discord
04-20-2018, 03:06 PM
I was talking about the ones that have been posted on the nin.com front page and facebook with the NIN logo, city, venue, & date added to the image.

streetman
04-21-2018, 01:16 AM
Not this one:
http://i3.createsend1.com/ei/r/5F/E2D/58C/234059/csfinal/NIN_2_Robin.jpg

Or this one:
http://i5.createsend1.com/ei/r/19/867/B62/043045/csfinal/NIN_Alessandro.jpg

This has to be from the rehearsals which were filmed. You can see some video of it in the rehearsal video of THE LOVERS.

ekrekel
04-21-2018, 11:04 AM
https://twitter.com/rcrockfest/status/987722743104921600?s=21

Predicting “we’re just INCHES away from announcing the lineup.” and “Waiting is like NAILS on a chalkboard” tweets.

somewhat_
04-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Went to that festival a few years ago for Volbeat and Linkin Park (they were fucking awesome) and they ran out of water at like 5pm. It was miserable. That being said, if NIN or System of a Down is there, so will I. I think NIN will be playing ACL though.

As far as festivals, I’m thinking it’s river city rockfest and voodoo. Hopefully a club/theater tour is being planned between those 2 festival dates (9/22-10/28).

nooneimportant
04-22-2018, 07:49 AM
I feel like this year's shows are going to have a higher production value, somehow, than last year's "strip everything, let's start from scratch" feeling of I Can't Seem to Wake Up 2017.

It would actually be nice to get six or ten solid presentations of the same or similar-sized show in all these different venues, but that's probably not realistic. It'll likely be stripped down in some spaces, bigger-concept stuff in others.

They keep using promo images from the test shoot/filmed dress rehearsal or whatever it was prior to Bakersfield last year, with the moving video projector thingys, which still we haven't seen complete footage of in real action yet. There was a little bit of them at the Bakersfield show but they decided not to use it for any subsequent ones, I guess; given that the time to perfect it was too limited perhaps...

Maybe this is what they'll pull out at the Royal Albert Hall?

The stuff from the Bakersfield got canned because it annoyed Trent. I read this in an interview a few months ago. I have to assume the projectors just didn't work out well logistically and only really worked for Twin Peaks.

Toadflax
04-23-2018, 11:54 AM
https://louderthanlifefestival.com/

Hell of a teaser video...

implanted_microchip
04-23-2018, 12:02 PM
So they're pretty much guaranteed for that Louder Than Life fest and it seems like a given that they're doing the River City thing as well, so that's two US fests in September. I'm hoping they end up picking up more solo headlining shows around them. The fact that they're doing all these nights at The Joint feels promising for more theatre and arena dates, but who knows at this point.

I'm just tired of this slow trickle of dates rather than a full leg announcement. Even if they can't announce all the fests right away, announce what you can with a mention of more to come. Voodoo feels more and more likely with every other announcement though and that's the only festival I'd be really interested in so if it happens, I'll have to finally see New Orleans.

Kid A
04-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Sigh...if this shitty LOU fest precludes them from playing Nashville this cycle I am going to be pissed.

bryan_NIN65
04-23-2018, 06:08 PM
Soooo..... on your way from texas take 44 E stop by Tulsa Springfield (KC if ya want the small detour) and STL...alittle more east.....bam in Louisville .... my plan worked!!! Any way hopping for the full list soon and can't wait for the June 13th show.

lowlight10
04-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Thankfully they played Riot Fest last year so they hopefully won't again. Please, some theater or small arena shows in Chicago.

Agreed with others, enough festivals and this slow trickle of dates. Already missing out on the Saturday Vegas show because of this BS.

virushopper
04-23-2018, 08:51 PM

And Cal Jam 2018 is the weekend after. Hmmmm......

Sarah K
04-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Despite my old-person hatred of festivals, I think I would actually love Voodoo. I've even thought about going to it the last couple of years.

Please give me an excuse to go back to New Orleans. That place is magic.

Deepvoid
04-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if NIN only played festivals until they are done.... No?

The only festivals in Quebec (Rockfest, Heavy Montreal & Osheaga) have all announced their lineups so I doubt I'll get any dates in Montreal this year. I'm still hoping for something in Toronto in the fall. I am 100% making the trip down there if it's the only CDN date.

sick among the pure
04-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Not to complain about where they're playing because I'm just happy they're touring... but I really hope NIN isn't a "festival and sometimes like 3 one-off shows" deal.

FULLMETAL
04-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Assuming there's a 300 mile radius clause for the River City & Larger Than Life festivals, are there any other festivals taking place in late September along the East coast, in Atlanta, or in Central/South Florida?

https://i.imgur.com/KDQTprd.png

I'd like to think they would try and schedule a one-off performance between San Antonio & Louisville, but they didn't do it when they traveled from LA to NYC in 2017 (granted, Webster Hall was the night after Panorama & Bakersfield was a few days before FYF).

Regardless, I'm content with staying in the same city & catching NIN perform three times in the same venue (although, it will be weird to put Las Vegas in the same league as Lisbon & Tokyo).

Sarah K
04-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Assuming there's a 300 mile radius clause for the River City & Larger Than Life festivals, are there any other festivals taking place in late September along the East coast, in Atlanta, or in Central/South Florida?

The Meadows in NYC.

somewhat_
04-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Music Midtown in Atlanta is a possibility. Dates are TBA but last year it was mid September.

implanted_microchip
04-25-2018, 08:58 AM
I’m strongly hoping for at least one date somewhere between NOLA, Atlanta and Florida. It’d be very cool to see NIN live again without large travel plans and a several hour flight involved. The entire southeast was skipped over last year.

ryanmcfly
04-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Pretty sure River City Rockfest doesn't have a radius clause. Saw Volbeat there in may 2015 and they played Dallas like two or three days later.

Nellyrific
04-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Festivals are a terrible way to see a band you love. I certainly hope they get the festival thing out of their system. FYF wasn’t as bad as I imagined (I avoid festivals like the plague) but I’d rather not have to do that again [emoji23]

ryanmcfly
04-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Festivals are a terrible way to see a band you love. I certainly hope they get the festival thing out of their system. FYF wasn’t as bad as I imagined (I avoid festivals like the plague) but I’d rather not have to do that again [emoji23]

Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. I will say that Panorama last year was lovely though. Nice weather. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.

implanted_microchip
04-25-2018, 09:51 AM
I had great luck with fests last year but I am definitely over the experience of having to stand in the sun all day dealing with bands you don’t like for an entire day just to get up front for the reason you came while dealing with VIP tickets that don’t actually guarantee you a good spot at all (cough Panorama cough) and going to GA anyway. Not being able to use the bathroom, not drinking water because you don’t want to need to leave but feeling dehydrated as all hell by the time NIN rolls around, etc., even for a kid like me I’m generally over it. I understand the market for fests and the fact that they get bands exposure and a solid paycheck but there’s definitely a way to tour that balances the festivals for those factors with headlining shows for more serious fans.

APC just announcing a huge string of dates for the fall/winter all at once reminded me of how it felt getting all of the Tension dates and 2014 dates all at once and I miss it. I also feel like they miss out on a lot of fans this way because I would be able to plan and better prepare for multiple shows this fall if I knew about them already, whereas when it’s only a month or two beforehand it’s sinificantly harder to save up, know what other things to skip, get the time off and feel stress-free about it.

Nellyrific
04-25-2018, 12:04 PM
APC just announcing a huge string of dates for the fall/winter all at once reminded me of how it felt getting all of the Tension dates and 2014 dates all at once and I miss it. I also feel like they miss out on a lot of fans this way because I would be able to plan and better prepare for multiple shows this fall if I knew about them already, whereas when it’s only a month or two beforehand it’s sinificantly harder to save up, know what other things to skip, get the time off and feel stress-free about it.

I know what you mean but I’m a little frustrated that they go on sale this Friday and the show in my area is not til November. I just bought tickets to all three Vegas shows and tickets to see Nick Cave so my concert funds are already in despair [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JessicaSarahS
04-25-2018, 04:41 PM
Despite my old-person hatred of festivals, I think I would actually love Voodoo. I've even thought about going to it the last couple of years.

Please give me an excuse to go back to New Orleans. That place is magic.

Yes! I've been wanting to go back! I really enjoyed that festival.

sick among the pure
04-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.

Yeah, waiting outside in the summer heat on blacktop from morning until 9pm in a giant crowd so much further from the stage than any other show SUCKED SO MUCH but god damn that show was probably in my top 3 as well just because their performance was THAT amazing. Also, I learned that Philly shows are usually some of the best shows, so I will be going back down for any stop in the Philly area from now on.

Krazy
04-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Holy living hell- looking at these posts. I think every “major” city now has like five crappy festivals every year. I know it’s a money generator for everyone involved but it’s kind of saddening.

This has nothing to do with NIN BTW, other than another summer of festivals. Just an observation. Would like to see these acts that aren’t in some shit weather conditions with crap sound and smelly people who don’t know what deodorant is (that one is for you, Riot Fest Chicago 2017).

lowlight10
04-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Holy living hell- looking at these posts. I think every “major” city now has like five crappy festivals every year. I know it’s a money generator for everyone involved but it’s kind of saddening.

This has nothing to do with NIN BTW, other than another summer of festivals. Just an observation. Would like to see these acts that aren’t in some shit weather conditions with crap sound and smelly people who don’t know what deodorant is (that one is for you, Riot Fest Chicago 2017).

Wholeheartedly agree. Lollapalooza has really screwed us in Chicago, I'm ready for it to go away. It's such a relief when the lineup comes out and none of my must-see bands are playing (like this year). Really grateful that Pearl Jam and Radiohead are playing their own shows (two each) in Chicago within a month of Lolla. Enough already.

Sarah K
04-26-2018, 05:26 PM
I sure hope that they keep the logo slowly fading in to start the Vegas shows. I really enjoyed that simple little thing for whatever reason.

ekrekel
04-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. I will say that Panorama last year was lovely though. Nice weather. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.

Same goes for me. Day for Night only 13 songs, but the rainin sideways aspect made this one fly up the charts. Up there with Echoplex, Club 2005(my first show), and ACL taping.

FULLMETAL
04-26-2018, 09:09 PM
I sure hope that they keep the logo slowly fading in to start the Vegas shows. I really enjoyed that simple little thing for whatever reason.

I was hoping that animation would show up on NIN.com, but kraw seems to be busy with other things.

sick among the pure
04-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Any guesses as to Vegas-specific merch? I didn't follow the festivals last year too much, I know Texas got it's own shirt, did any other show have anything venue-specific? Last time I can remember venue (or even individual date) specific shirts was Wave Goodbye.

Sarah K
04-26-2018, 11:12 PM
The artist that did the two main posters last year recently posted an image that was captioned with lyrics. So I'm hoping for more posters from him!

streetman
04-26-2018, 11:38 PM
The artist that did the two main posters last year recently posted an image that was captioned with lyrics. So I'm hoping for more posters from him!

I don't see that anywhere.

Sarah K
04-26-2018, 11:39 PM
Bhj9BP9nuFV

iamclassic
04-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Louder than Life splash page has changed away from TGD.

iamclassic
04-27-2018, 07:16 AM
Same goes for me. Day for Night only 13 songs, but the rainin sideways aspect made this one fly up the charts. Up there with Echoplex, Club 2005(my first show), and ACL taping.

I also thought having TBW as a closer (at least before an encore) worked really well. Maybe it was the shift in rain and knowing it was going to end soon, but it felt right.

ekrekel
04-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Great way to close it out, loving that one. I really wish I could have experienced TDTWWA (my fav track) in that rain, but so glad they didn’t cut out before TBW.

Reznor2112
04-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Just got a call from a friend from a local radio station. Apparently this is in the works... Small venue here in town. Same venue Puscifer has played.

Might be false but very very credible source ...looks like the announcement is coming mid-May and the tour will be this Fall.

Feel free to ban me if I am wrong. #LoveYouAll

Sarah K
04-28-2018, 09:17 PM
I want so much to believe.

somewhat_
04-28-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes, please!

thevoid99
04-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Please, I would love to see them in a small club.

FULLMETAL
04-28-2018, 09:52 PM
Hmm. In Memphis, Puscifer played at the Orpheum Theatre which is a 2,270 seated venue.

implanted_microchip
04-28-2018, 09:54 PM
I am beginning to believe that Trent Reznor has a personal stake in making sure I never have any disposable income ever, at all, for anything, ever

TheBang
04-28-2018, 10:26 PM
Standing by:

https://i.imgur.com/x4vsTeK.jpg

FULLMETAL
04-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Eek. Which end goes in first?

sick among the pure
04-28-2018, 11:50 PM
The Vegas show coming up will be the smallest venue I've ever seen NIN in, so a club tour could be a savings account emptying kind of announcement for me. And you know what, I wouldn't even be upset about spending this money to fly out to Vegas for a single show just to have an actual tour happen because it's going to be an awesome experience.
I just want more shows*.

*headlining shows, not festivals or co-headliners

bobbie solo
04-29-2018, 01:58 AM
I want so much to believe.

https://www.viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/06372382.jpg

Reznor2112
04-29-2018, 04:18 AM
Hmm. In Memphis, Puscifer played at the Orpheum Theatre which is a 2,270 seated venue.

Yes you are correct. Was at both Puscifer shows. Great venue. Very small in my opinion especially for a NIN show, when you don’t see the total number written out like that. Couldn’t tell if you post had a positive/negative/speculative connotation...

EDIT: OR, are you pointing out that the Orpheus isn’t a “club”? Fair. But it isn’t an arena or amphitheater and it isn indeed pretty intimate as a venue/performance hall hence the “club”-

EDIT 2: NIN Performane (Hall) 2018

m0reta
04-29-2018, 10:53 AM
Might be false but very very credible source ...looks like the announcement is coming mid-May and the tour will be this Fall.

Awwww! So sweet of Trent to give *us* presents before, on, or after his own birthday!

I am down to seeing NIN at the Tabernacle in Atlanta again if this club tour happens. I was just there to see Weird Al and it was way, way nicer than I remembered. Or I will be fortunate for a Florida date. Maybe South FL and/or West Central FL.

Either way I am just overjoyed at the quiet growth of nin.com/live. It's not over yet!! :-D

sick among the pure
04-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Awwww! So sweet of Trent to give *us* presents before, on, or after his own birthday!

I am down to seeing NIN at the Tabernacle in Atlanta again if this club tour happens. I was just there to see Weird Al and it was way, way nicer than I remembered. Or I will be fortunate for a Florida date. Maybe South FL and/or West Central FL.

Either way I am just overjoyed at the quiet growth of nin.com/live. It's not over yet!! :-D

+like for having seen Weird Al, I don't come across many NIN fans who go to Weird Al shows too. I actually held off on seeing him this tour because I was saving money and waiting for NIN, and I'm kinda bummed because he did play some of my favorites this tour, but my first Al show was the only tour he played Germs so I count myself lucky. That song was amazing live.

somewhat_
04-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Someone on reddit is hearing rumors of 2 nights in Boston, which would definitely feed into the possibility of a club/theatre tour.

Nellyrific
04-29-2018, 05:06 PM
It better be late fall because I’m going to need to recover from three nights in Vegas 🤦🏻♀️[emoji23]

somewhat_
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM
It better be late fall because I’m going to need to recover from three nights in Vegas 🤦🏻♀️[emoji23]

It should start the very beginning of fall, since that’s when river city rockfest takes place.... and louder than life is the following weekend.

Nellyrific
04-29-2018, 05:32 PM
It should start the very beginning of fall, since that’s when river city rockfest takes place.... and louder than life is the following weekend.

Well, if a fall tour is going to happen I hope they don’t go on sale in the next month or so [emoji23]

somewhat_
04-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Well, if a fall tour is going to happen I hope they don’t go on sale in the next month or so [emoji23]

Good luck. If info is starting to leak out, tickets might be on sale within the next few weeks. [emoji6]

Nellyrific
04-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Good luck. If info is starting to leak out, tickets might be on sale within the next few weeks. [emoji6]

Do you want me to cry? ‘Cause I will...

[emoji39]

Reznor2112
04-30-2018, 01:12 PM
*cough* May 19 *cough*

bet.

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 01:26 PM
^A Saturday? I can't imagine an announcement or on sales happening on a weekend.

motionlessZombie
04-30-2018, 01:27 PM
NIN is headlining River City Rockfest in San Antonio, Tx on September 22. I'm definitely going.

tha_frizz
04-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Got my River City Rockfest tix, fuck yes!

lowlight10
04-30-2018, 01:47 PM
*cough* May 19 *cough*

bet.

For an announcement? Agree that Saturday would be odd.

somewhat_
04-30-2018, 03:28 PM
*cough* May 19 *cough*

bet.

Or May 10? reddit link (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/8fu4rr/anyone_know_anythinghave_theories_about_the_full/)

lowlight10
04-30-2018, 03:45 PM
From the reddit thread:

"The Boston shows are October 19 and 20th! Full tour announcement on 5/10"

otnavuskire
04-30-2018, 03:51 PM
From the reddit thread:

I hope that's true. I wouldn't even need to take time off from work for those dates!

Nellyrific
04-30-2018, 03:52 PM
I need to start going on Reddit, apparently.

ryanmcfly
04-30-2018, 03:56 PM
From the reddit thread:

Normally I would take these rumors with a grain of salt, but for the love of god.... PLEASE BE TRUE

lowlight10
04-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Normally I would take these rumors with a grain of salt, but for the love of god.... PLEASE BE TRUE

Absolutely. It's hope, but FAR from a confirmation.

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 04:18 PM
Hmm, they did 2 nights at the Boston Orpheum in 2005, but CHVRCHES are playing there on Oct 20, so that's out. Agganis Arena seems to be open those two dates; that's a small (6,150) arena that they could most likely fill twice. Blue Hills Bank Pavilion seems like the right size too but that could be risky playing open air that late into the month.

lowlight10
04-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Hmm, they did 2 nights at the Boston Orpheum in 2005, but CHVRCHES are playing there on Oct 20, so that's out. Agganis Arena seems to be open those two dates; that's a small (6,150) arena that they could most likely fill twice. Blue Hills Bank Pavilion seems like the right size too but that could be risky playing open air that late into the month.

Nice find. While 2005 clubs/theaters would be amazing, it would be a tough ticket. Small arenas would be fine by me. Wonder if Chicago might be Aragon (5,000), Sears Center (11,000), Wintrust (10,500) or UIC (9.500).

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Nice find. While 2005 clubs/theaters would be amazing, it would be a tough ticket. Small arenas would be fine by me. Wonder if Chicago might be Aragon (5,000), Sears Center (11,000), Wintrust (10,500) or UIC (9.500).

I've never been to the Aragon, but UIC was probably the worst venue I've ever been when the Cure played two nights there a couple years ago. Hopefully Detroit isn't ruled out - unless they do the Fox or just one night at a larger arena, I don't think there's anything too suitable.

lowlight10
04-30-2018, 04:45 PM
Hopefully Detroit isn't ruled out - unless they do the Fox or just one night at a larger arena, I don't think there's anything too suitable.

Maybe something like Van Andel in Grand Rapids.

somewhat_
04-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Hopefully Detroit isn't ruled out - unless they do the Fox or just one night at a larger arena, I don't think there's anything too suitable.

Royal oak music theatre? Fillmore? Crofoot?

As far as Boston, don’t they have a house of blues?

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Maybe something like Van Andel in Grand Rapids.

That would be nice. 20 Monroe Live is a new venue there that's bringing a lot of acts to that town. It's a bit small though at 2,500. I'd definitely like either option. The Deltaplex is feasible too, but that's almost as horrible as UIC.

somewhat_
04-30-2018, 04:50 PM
That would be nice. 20 Monroe Live is a new venue there that's bringing a lot of acts to that town. It's a bit small though at 2,500. I'd definitely like either option. The Deltaplex is feasible too, but that's almost as horrible as UIC.

That deltaplex show in 2006 was balls to the wall up until tr got hit in the head with that lighter. One of my favorite shows.

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Royal oak music theatre? Fillmore? Crofoot?

As far as Boston, don’t they have a house of blues?

I thought HOB would work for Boston too, but they're booked on the 19th.

The Fillmore would be a great option for Detroit actually, but I think the other two are way too small, even with 2 nights.

bryan_NIN65
04-30-2018, 05:51 PM

This seems to have vanished along with the announcement today????

somewhat_
04-30-2018, 06:52 PM
I thought HOB would work for Boston too, but they're booked on the 19th.

The Fillmore would be a great option for Detroit actually, but I think the other two are way too small, even with 2 nights.

A bit far fetched, but maybe Orpheum on the 19th and the HOB on the 20th? Or maybe it’s all BS.

As far as the Detroit venue, the smaller the better, except for the challenge of acquiring tickets...of course.

halo eighteen
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM
A bit far fetched, but maybe Orpheum on the 19th and the HOB on the 20th? Or maybe it’s all BS.

As far as the Detroit venue, the smaller the better, except for the challenge of acquiring tickets...of course.

yeah that's the only problem with small venues. I kind of wish the Spiral still existed, as I don't think I ever had to worry about getting good tickets (or any tickets at all) through that.

That Deltaplex incident from 06 was so surreal. I hope that guy was found afterwards and properly dealt with.

demgoth
05-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Would love to see them play at Kings Theatre and/or Brooklyn Steel for NY dates!

OoopiDoop
05-01-2018, 08:06 AM
Looking forward to seeing the official announcement of the fall 2018 tour dates. (Vegas shows are breaking my pockets) I might have enough money left to visit one more concert this fall. Preferably Cleveland, hopefully they perform a uncommon/rare song. *fingers crossed*

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 08:17 AM
If I can swing 2 more dates this fall I’ll have doubled my show count in 1 year and be up to 10 NIN shows so far. I’m not doing so bad considering I thought I’d never get to see them back in 2010.

ryanmcfly
05-01-2018, 09:05 AM
If I can swing 2 more dates this fall I’ll have doubled my show count in 1 year and be up to 10 NIN shows so far. I’m not doing so bad considering I thought I’d never get to see them back in 2010.

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping for at least two other shows this year after River City Rockfest which would give me ten shows (tying with Dillinger for most I've seen a band)

picketyp
05-01-2018, 09:30 AM
This was my thought, but Agganis is also a possibility if BU hockey isn't in town that weekend. QOTSA has played there the last couple tours, and they've been getting more concerts into their event schedule lately.

lowlight10
05-01-2018, 11:52 AM
No ACL.

sick among the pure
05-01-2018, 12:23 PM
yeah that's the only problem with small venues. I kind of wish the Spiral still existed, as I don't think I ever had to worry about getting good tickets (or any tickets at all) through that.

That Deltaplex incident from 06 was so surreal. I hope that guy was found afterwards and properly dealt with.

Say what you will about the forums, but I always got a GA pre-sale ticket no problem with The Spiral.

Kid A
05-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Dude on Reddit says the BOS venue is The Wang

somewhat_
05-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Looks like a capacity of 3,500.

otnavuskire
05-01-2018, 12:33 PM

That's about the last place I'd ever expect NIN to play. Interesting.

Kid A
05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
The Wang would be in line with that rumor about the Orpheum in Memphis...

lowlight10
05-01-2018, 12:59 PM
George is getting excited!

Kid A
05-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Man I'm gonna be so bummed if those Boston dates are accurate. I have a flight back from Europe on 10/20. Excited for those who can go though obviously. **assuming this is real**

halo eighteen
05-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Looks like a capacity of 3,500.

Hmm, well that's interesting. I think the Fillmore or even Masonic would be feasible for Detroit. Or the Fox if they want to stick to reserved seating for whatever reason.

Say what you will about the forums, but I always got a GA pre-sale ticket no problem with The Spiral.

I always went for reserved options, and pretty sure I always wound up in front row on the closest side section to the stage. The Spiral was amazing.

lowlight10
05-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Man I'm gonna be so bummed if those Boston dates are accurate. I have a flight back from Europe on 10/20. Excited for those who can go though obviously. **assuming this is real**

Damn, that sucks. We missed Tool last year because of Europe for other shows. It's a sucky feeling. Hopefully you can hit something else nearby.

Kid A
05-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Damn, that sucks. We missed Tool last year because of Europe for other shows. It's a sucky feeling. Hopefully you can hit something else nearby.

Thanks, hope so too! Especially after flying to Houston last December for a set cut short.

ManBurning
05-01-2018, 02:30 PM
All I know is, he better not release the NA dates 1 at a time like he's been doing with the European shows...
Just give the whole list at once!

bobbie solo
05-01-2018, 02:56 PM
That's about the last place I'd ever expect NIN to play. Interesting.

They've been booking more traditional rock acts for a while now. I saw Brand New there last year.

zaps30
05-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Boo. I would have preferred Agganis. I'm sure they won't be playing Providence again (not since 2000).

Reznor2112
05-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Or May 10? reddit link (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/8fu4rr/anyone_know_anythinghave_theories_about_the_full/)

Tix go on sale 5/19*. And apparently...according to the person that told me...

The tix WILL NOT be available online. You will have to go to the venue and stand in line for a ticket. Not sure of the validity of this.

*only what I have been told

lowlight10
05-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Tix go on sale 5/19*. And apparently...according to the person that told me...

The tix WILL NOT be available online. You will have to go to the venue and stand in line for a ticket. Not sure of the validity of this.

*only what I have been told

Dear god...I'm heading over to the Aragon now.

Edit: This better not be true. Box office only sales are a feeding frenzy for scalpers. They're better off requiring the names of all attendees at the time of purchase like I have seen many bands do recently.

somewhat_
05-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Let the anxiety begin. If true, I’m willing to make a generous offer to whoever can pick me up a ticket if I can’t make it to the box office.

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 05:01 PM
I don’t believe this at all. Someone please show me the last time a band booked a tour with no online ticket sales.

eversonpoe
05-01-2018, 05:06 PM
I don’t believe this at all. Someone please show me the last time a band booked a tour with no online ticket sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1001xArPVk

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 05:15 PM
“Let’s exclude anyone who can’t take time off from work or who doesn’t have that day off and the ability to get to a specific venue super early from being able to see us for an entire tour unless if they want to go to a festival” just makes zero sense and I’ll be stunned if this happens

Sarah K
05-01-2018, 05:39 PM
There was a Foo Fighters tour a couple of years where you had to visit the venue to purchase tickets. I remember because I did it and that stadium is a fucking nightmare to get to.

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 05:47 PM
There was a Foo Fighters tour a couple of years where you had to visit the venue to purchase tickets. I remember because I did it and that stadium is a fucking nightmare to get to.
This is now my biggest fear, ever, in life

ManBurning
05-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Soooo... how do people that not live in the cities that these shows are going to be taking place buy tickets? What if you are traveling out of city/state/country to see a show... this better not be true.

kel
05-01-2018, 06:21 PM
hope it's not true. that would be so fucked up.

halo eighteen
05-01-2018, 07:30 PM
The only show like that I've ever gone to was Tool in 2001 at a pre-tour small venue Lateralus release party type show. Tickets were only available in-person at TM vendors and on the phone (both of which were futile). Ended up having to use eBay and meet some guy in a Target parking lot to exchange cash for substantially marked up tickets. Super not looking forward to going through all that again..

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 08:55 PM
I really don't understand why they would do this, it would punish any of us who don't live in a major city or a major city that they'll be playing in. I feel like out of all the information supposedly leaked so far that's the hardest to buy into.

sick among the pure
05-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Yeah, as someone who can only carpool/bus/fly out to NIN shows, "order at the venue" does not work for me. I think the closest venue I've seen NIN would be Erie, over 100 miles away.
Please don't let that part be true.

lowlight10
05-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Let's hope it's miscommunication. It's possible the person meant that tickets will be "will call only."

TheBang
05-01-2018, 10:16 PM
So, this is a theatre tour? Very interesting. And as far as I can tell, the Wang and Orpheum do not have removable Orchestra seats. So, all reserved seating?

eversonpoe
05-01-2018, 10:49 PM
i mean, isn't that how it used to be? before ticketmaster, if you wanted to get into a show, you had to go to the venue to buy tickets. how did people manage that when they were following the grateful dead around? because they did it.

heavenly_bearded
05-01-2018, 10:57 PM
i mean, isn't that how it used to be? before ticketmaster, if you wanted to get into a show, you had to go to the venue to buy tickets. how did people manage that when they were following the grateful dead around? because they did it.

I used to have to go camp at Macy's for tickets. They had a Ticketwhore box office. You could risk calling on the telephone and it crashing constantly. I can remember getting together with neighbors and using our cordless phones like it was yesterday. A battle kids today will never have to fight.

eversonpoe
05-01-2018, 11:06 PM
I used to have to go camp at Macy's for tickets. They had a Ticketwhore box office. You could risk calling on the telephone and it crashing constantly. I can remember getting together with neighbors and using our cordless phones like it was yesterday. A battle kids today will never have to fight.

yeah, i used to have to go to Carson's to utilize their ticketmaster box office. but i'm talking before that. before there was any kind of centralized ticketing system. you had to be local, and you had to go to a venue to buy tickets from their box office.

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 11:38 PM
yeah, i used to have to go to Carson's to utilize their ticketmaster box office. but i'm talking before that. before there was any kind of centralized ticketing system. you had to be local, and you had to go to a venue to buy tickets from their box office.
And it probably sucked so the minute alternatives were created they became adopted as the main way to do things because that old system is wildly limiting, stupid and terrible and no good, very bad in every way.

elevenism
05-02-2018, 12:13 AM
I used to have to go camp at Macy's for tickets. They had a Ticketwhore box office. You could risk calling on the telephone and it crashing constantly. I can remember getting together with neighbors and using our cordless phones like it was yesterday. A battle kids today will never have to fight. ok this is getting drifty, but: i will never forget my brother and I waiting in the parking lot of some store -Target maybe? Anyway, this was in 98 and we waited all night in my dad's old pickup to get good seats for Page and Plant. Goofily, we were both on a few hits of acid.
And the funny part was that we were listening to the Heart's Filthy Lesson cassette single over and over, in silence. At some point we just kept rewinding " Nothing to be Desired. " We listened to just that track, without speaking, for about 3 hours. All it says is "There's NOTHING to be desired" repeatedly and then " MIND changing. Change your MIND changing. Change your MIND changing " repeatedly. It was nuts.

Back in topic: I hate to say it, but having to get your tickets at the venue wouldn't surprise me one bit. It's not so different from Trent's vinyl statement and desire to return to a purer time. Maybe he WANTS local folk to be the ones at the shows.
Personally I hope that either none of this is true, or if it is true, it's a warm up type thing that will be followed up with larger venues.

sick among the pure
05-02-2018, 01:13 AM

It's "how it used to be" and isn't "how it is" for a reason.
I mean, it used to be if you wanted to talk to someone in another country, you had to write them a letter. Then, technology happened, and the internet connected everyone, and I can video chat with my best friend from college who moved to the UK. Sure, she could make me write letters, but why?

streetman
05-02-2018, 02:04 AM
Bhj9BP9nuFV

That's from Atari. Not original.

streetman
05-02-2018, 02:08 AM
All I know is, he better not release the NA dates 1 at a time like he's been doing with the European shows...
Just give the whole list at once!

Yeah, this dripping of show dates is beyond annoying. Impossible to make plans this way.

eversonpoe
05-02-2018, 07:46 AM
sorry, y'all. i was not, in any way, implying it was a better system to have to go to a venue to buy a ticket. i was just trying to discuss whether or not that's how it was in the old days. i didn't start going to concerts until after ticketmaster had existed for a bit and i was curious about how it worked before that.

Sarah K
05-02-2018, 08:43 AM
That's from Atari. Not original.

Never said it was? I said that he posted an image with NIN lyrics as the caption.

icklekitty
05-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Yeah, this dripping of show dates is beyond annoying. Impossible to make plans this way.

Ah you're getting the same treatment as the EU it seems!

I imagine the catchment area of people who can attend a venue to buy tickets vs the catchment area of people who would need to buy a ticket offline but can drive somewhere for a weekend to see their favourite band is very different. Especially in the US where there are sometimes vast expanses of fuck all between settlements.

fillow
05-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Just curious, how cheap/expensive are domestic flights in US?
Let's say you're in Detroit and want to catch a show 1,000 miles away (New Orleans, Dallas etc). This is roughly the trip I'm undertaking to catch the Amsterdam show. How much would it cost?

implanted_microchip
05-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Let's say you're in Detroit and want to catch a show 1,000 miles away (New Orleans, Dallas etc). This is roughly the trip I'm undertaking to catch the Amsterdam show. How much would it cost?
I’m looking at 300-500 for my Orlando to Vegas flight. It can get high especially depending on time of year.

TheRealNs1
05-02-2018, 11:42 AM
This is now my biggest fear, ever, in life

Yeah, as someone who can only carpool/bus/fly out to NIN shows, "order at the venue" does not work for me. I think the closest venue I've seen NIN would be Erie, over 100 miles away.

I guess that $15 convenience fee per ticket aint so bad eh

TheRealNs1
05-02-2018, 11:45 AM
The only show like that I've ever gone to was Tool in 2001 at a pre-tour small venue Lateralus release party type show. Tickets were only available in-person at TM vendors and on the phone (both of which were futile). Ended up having to use eBay and meet some guy in a Target parking lot to exchange cash for substantially marked up tickets. Super not looking forward to going through all that again..

this....sounds amazing.

WorzelG
05-02-2018, 12:30 PM
My first gig was 1988 to see Iron Maiden at Wembley Arena, spent at least 5 hours on the phone to the venue. After this my sister lived in London and could get to the venues generally to buy at the box office. If we saw a show up North we could easily get to Manchester or Liverpool. But it was by phone mostly. To be fair that’s how my friend scored front row at Meltdown so not complaining, it’s weird to go back to getting tickets by phone

Nellyrific
05-02-2018, 12:37 PM
The thought of trying to get from Pasadena to any of the LA venues to buy tickets, especially on a weekday, sounds like all kinds of anxiety.

eversonpoe
05-02-2018, 01:27 PM

it depends on where you're flying to and from, airline, how far out you're booking, what website you use to book. there are so many variables it's insane. i wish there was a standardized system like
- number of miles you're flying
- how nice your seat is
- what time the flight is
and that's all that impacted the price.

bryan_NIN65
05-02-2018, 04:31 PM
I got a one way ticket from one air port and a one way flying home to a different air port. Only way to keep it cost effective and fit in my times that I could go. Lucky I have people who will drive the 6 hours to and from the airports to pick me up, it cost me 80 to get to vegas and 120 coming home. 2 different airports from and back to missouri.

Nellyrific
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM
I once paid $350 for a round trip ticket to London from LAX and $90 from London to Paris to see NIN. I’ve paid more now just traveling between states.

sick among the pure
05-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Re: flights, I think I'm paying around $350-400 for my flight to Vegas and back, flying in Tuesday and out Friday, taking the cheapest red-eye flights available. Makes me wish I could have done more than one show.

somewhat_
05-02-2018, 07:32 PM
So, just to sum up the rumors....

May 10 - tour announcement
May 19 - on sale dates
May 24 - on sale dates

October 19 & October 20 @ The Wang, Boston

TBD @ Orpheum theatre, Memphis

...and getting tickets might require standing inline at desired venue all day long.

Deacon Blackfire
05-02-2018, 10:37 PM
If these dates actually end up being "tickets available at the venue only", as some kind of absurd "experience" experiment, it will accomplish two things. It will make fans really upset, understandably so, and it will make Trent look like an out-of-touch asshole who expects his fans to make excessive and frankly humiliating displays of loyalty. In this day and age, with the world we live in, disregarding the time and money of your fans is as shitty a look as it ever was. Oh, you want the tickets to be for locals? Well if they have jobs - you know, like people need to in order to afford tickets in the first place - this arrangement fucking sucks for them.

I get that Trent likes pushing the whole "experience" angle but punishing anyone who doesn't have the option of waiting in line all day for concert tickets is such a colossally horrible idea and I will stressed as fuck about even the prospect of this until any announcement comes.

kel
05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Deacon Blackfire spot fucking on.

Arcspiral
05-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone, relax about the ticket thing. It's not 1999. There's no way that will be the case for a single show let alone an entire tour.

I could see a VIP experience or something being sold in that manner, but not thousands of individual tickets. Not a chance. Just chill, it'll be fine!

Reznor2112
05-03-2018, 07:02 AM
Let's hope it's miscommunication. It's possible the person meant that tickets will be "will call only."

this IS possible...

Kid A
05-03-2018, 07:55 AM
So, just to sum up the rumors....

May 10 - tour announcement
May 19 - on sale dates
May 24 - on sale dates

October 19 & October 20 @ The Wang, Boston

TBD @ Orpheum theatre, Memphis

...and getting tickets might require standing inline at desired venue all day long.

What was the source of the Memphis rumor?

somewhat_
05-03-2018, 08:06 AM
What was the source of the Memphis rumor?

Just got a call from a friend from a local radio station. Apparently this is in the works... Small venue here in town. Same venue Puscifer has played.

Reznor2112 is in Memphis.

Kid A
05-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Reznor2112 is in Memphis.

Ohh, thanks! I thought he was in Boston. Hope that pans out as I'm in Nashville. Better yet I wish they'd play The Ryman...

ryanmcfly
05-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Really hoping the rumor about the tickets is not true. That would be a very shitty thing to do for those of us that like to travel to shows.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Super late to this discussion and went back a few pages ... but it's seemingly like there's no probable arena tour this year?

cdm
05-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Super late to this discussion and went back a few pages ... but it's seemingly like there's no probable arena tour this year?

Thankfully, no.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Thankfully, no.

Hrmm. While I'm all for more intimate shows, it's not like the theatre shows so far have had that much of variety in between each setlist and unless there's a huge amount of dates planned ... arena tours usually allow people in a lot more cities to get to experience the band as opposed to only certain ones. Plus this also means cutting down half the attendance because of the smaller venue.

I'm game for whatever comes our way possibly next week and I've only seen NIN in arena type settings so I'm welcoming a change, but it'll be down to the wire for a lot of fans unfortunately. Oh well.

sick among the pure
05-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Hrmm. While I'm all for more intimate shows, it's not like the theatre shows so far have had that much of variety in between each setlist and unless there's a huge amount of dates planned ... arena tours usually allow people in a lot more cities to get to experience the band as opposed to only certain ones. Plus this also means cutting down half the attendance because of the smaller venue.

I'm game for whatever comes our way possibly next week and I've only seen NIN in arena type settings so I'm welcoming a change, but it'll be down to the wire for a lot of fans unfortunately. Oh well.

I wouldn't be surprised if, because of Trent's wanting to do fewer shows more often, there's a club/theater NA(or just US) tour this fall/winter covering one or two dozen shows, and NA arena tour next year.
You never really know with him, though.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if, because of Trent's wanting to do fewer shows more often, there's a club/theater NA(or just US) tour this fall/winter covering one or two dozen shows, and NA arena tour next year.
You never really know with him, though.

Yeah. Good point.

fillow
05-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Just going by the current rumored dates... Double dates in the same city/venue (Boston) = guaranteed setlist variety.

cdm
05-04-2018, 02:10 PM

Counterpoint: They did an arena tour in 2013, an amphitheater tour in 2014, and a handful of fests in 2017...time for something different. A theater tour is a nice compromise of intimacy while not limiting the capacity to 300-400.

Going a step further, I think this version of the band is better suited to smaller venues.

As for setlist variety, I'd argue the current iteration (assuming they stick with the minimalist set design) allows for more variation because they aren't bound to the rigidity of a canned digital show.

thefragile_jake
05-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Counterpoint: They did an arena tour in 2013, an amphitheater tour in 2014, and a handful of fests in 2017...time for something different. A theater tour is a nice compromise of intimacy while not limiting the capacity to 300-400.

Going a step further, I think this version of the band is better suited to smaller venues.

As for setlist variety, I'd argue the current iteration (assuming they stick with the minimalist set design) allows for more variation because they aren't bound to the rigidity of a canned digital show.

All valid points! Over the course of the last few years, there has been plenty of chances to see the band ... but generally I always think that when promoting new material, it's been within an arena capacity. I guess except for Year Zero in 2007? ... but even that was followed by the 2008 arena tour which then promoted two more albums in Ghosts and the Slip.

I think what's just been a little disappointing so far set wise for these shows is that it hasn't really offered up too much variety (besides I think like a song or two) from what people are going to be seeing the next night at the festival. You're right, the downfall with such a heavy production show is that it makes for an immensely static set from night to night. Here's hoping they keep the set minimal and allow for changing things up from city to city!

elevenism
05-04-2018, 06:10 PM

As for setlist variety, I'd argue the current iteration (assuming they stick with the minimalist set design) allows for more variation because they aren't bound to the rigidity of a canned digital show."something different for who? " is the thing.
I don't have the money to travel 1000 fucking miles and book a hotel for a show.

It'd be damn cool if I had a bunch of money or didn't live in the southwest or if my wife and I had stayed in TN (the original plan.)

But I live in part of what is probably the most desolate region in the country: the planes that go from the very top of Texas all the way up to the dakotas.

I've been praying for a red rocks show; Denver is only 5 hours from here and I'm due to visit my brother up there.

But fuck it I guess.

And for the record, I'm really happy for you guys who will be catching these shows. I understand that these type of venues are badass. I just wish I could see NIN again while I'm still SORT of young, ha.

Nellyrific
05-04-2018, 06:16 PM
"something different for who? " is the thing.
I don't have the money to travel 1000 fucking miles and book a hotel for a show.

It'd be damn cool if I had a bunch of money or didn't live in the southwest or if my wife and I had stayed in TN (the original plan.)

But I live in part of what is probably the most desolate region in the country: the planes that go from the very top of Texas all the way up to the dakotas.

I've been praying for a red rocks show; Denver is only 5 hours from here and I'm due to visit my brother up there.

But fuck it I guess.

And for the record, I'm really happy for you guys who will be catching these shows. I understand that these type of venues are badass. I just wish I could see NIN.

I can’t imagine how difficult that would be in terms of being able to see your favorite bands. I’m incredibly lucky in that respect, being in the LA area. I always have plenty of options.

However, I do have to suffer LA people, traffic. and constant sunshine [emoji19]

elevenism
05-04-2018, 06:22 PM
I can’t imagine how difficult that would be in terms of being able to see your favorite bands. I’m incredibly lucky in that respect, being in the LA area. I always have plenty of options.

However, I do have to suffer LA people, traffic. and constant sunshine [emoji19]
Luckily I spent most of my life in dallas and have seen my favorite bands plenty of times.
But yeah, in the last 6 years, I've seen Old 97s in Denver and Old 97s one of the two times they came to Amarillo (which they will probably never do again.)

I just do the sour grapes thing: "tickets are too expensive. They use too many backing tracks these days. I'm too old for it anyway. :p"
This is how I avoid becoming insanely upset about it :p

Nellyrific
05-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Luckily I spent most of my life in dallas and have seen my favorite bands plenty of times.
But yeah, in the last 6 years, I've seen Old 97s in Denver and Old 97s the (probably only time) they came to Amarillo.

I just do the sour grapes thing: "tickets are too expensive. They use too many backing tracks these days. I'm too old for it anyway. :p"
This is how I avoid becoming insanely upset about it :p

Oh! I can give you a few more! People talk constantly during shows and when you ask them to go talk at the bar or somewhere else they get irrationally angry. Dude I didn’t spend $100 on my ticket to hear about your damn cab ride here, asshole. If you cant stfu for a two hour show you are the bane of my existence. Also, I have beer spilled on me constantly. And! Parking is always like 20-30 bucks. And people will scream-sing Hurt like they wrote the damn thing.

Krazy
05-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Thankfully, no.

Yeah, because this two year run of shitty festivals is just to die for.

::eye roll::

Krazy
05-04-2018, 09:55 PM

I thought Vegas had the worst crowds here in the US, then I went and saw APC at the Hollywood Bowl last year. GF (now wife) and me got yelled at for standing up when APC came on. That crowd was fucking awful. We were in the middle of the venue and could whisper to each other during the show- all while hearing other conversations.

The HB was a great venue, but fuck that crowd. Only other LA show I was at was LITS at the Forum. About 1/3rd of the venue was empty but don’t recall the crowd being complete butt (was a bit sterile, and that was before the renovation so the place looked and felt like a tunnel with bad lighting).

cdm
05-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Yeah, because this two year run of shitty festivals is just to die for.

::eye roll::

Who said they were?

Nellyrific
05-04-2018, 10:03 PM
I thought Vegas had the worst crowds here in the US, then I went and saw APC at the Hollywood Bowl last year. GF (now wife) and me got yelled at for standing up when APC came on. That crowd was fucking awful. We were in the middle of the venue and could whisper to each other during the show- all while hearing other conversations.

The HB was a great venue, but fuck that crowd. Only other LA show I was at was LITS at the Forum. About 1/3rd of the venue was empty but don’t recall the crowd being complete butt (was a bit sterile, and that was before the renovation so the place looked and felt like a tunnel with bad lighting).

The last time I saw NIN in Vegas at the Joint it was easily one of the worst crowds I’ve ever encountered. I don’t know what I’m thinking going to three more next month. I had people spitting at us from the balcony, drunks were falling over and spilling their drinks on people, and yeah, the talking. It’s my biggest pet peeve. There are a bazillion bars in Vegas where you can chat, why do it there?

But yes, LA is the worst. Concerts are parties to people here. I was at that APC show and that venue is one of the worst for me.
I can’t sit during a show, that’s terrible. I don’t understand why people spend the money to come to the show, scream to each other the entire time, and sit like they’re watching tv at home.

Krazy
05-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Who said they were?

sorry, but I’m not sure what the question is?...

just a reference to last year’s mini festival run, that’s continued through this summer. A club tour is still speculation at this point but likely. It could just be more club shows centered around the late year festivals that haven’t been announced quite yet.

witte
05-05-2018, 02:54 AM
...... and yeah, the talking. It’s my biggest pet peeve. There are a bazillion bars where you can chat, why do it there?
This is becoming more and more a global problem. Here in Europe the same. In Belgium and the Netherlands it's a big topic right now. I have enough examples I witnessed in the last decennia. People spending more than $40 for a concert not spending any attention to it. I don't get that...and never will.
The same with filming and shooting pics continuously.

Deacon Blackfire
05-05-2018, 12:12 PM
The Wave Goodbye club shows are still some of the best I've ever seen but when I listen to bootlegs recordings of Lights In The Sky or Gone, Still or La Mer from those shows and hear people just talking through - or, perhaps even worse, people trying to start a clap during Hurt or THE FIRST EVER PERFORMANCE of A Warm Place and instead of just stopping when no one joins, just getting slower and slower until they're completely out of rhythm with the song and stepping all over it - I feel furious all over again. Seeing such flagrant disrespect at shows that were ostensibly the band's last blew my goddamn mind.

JMB-GNR
05-05-2018, 04:45 PM
This is becoming more and more a global problem. Here in Europe the same. In Belgium and the Netherlands it's a big topic right now. I have enough examples I witnessed in the last decennia. People spending more than $40 for a concert not spending any attention to it. I don't get that...and never will.
The same with filming and shooting pics continuously.

Agreed! The thins I hate the most during many concert visits here in Europe are the constant filming and shooting pics with terrible phone camera’s and the continuous talking. Shut the fuck up, keep your phone in your pants and enjoy the fucking show!

There are a few of my favorite bands I only like to see in small venues because otherwise I am just irritated by the lack of interest & enthousiaism in the show by other concert attendees

icklekitty
05-05-2018, 07:13 PM
I’m looking at 300-500 for my Orlando to Vegas flight. It can get high especially depending on time of year.

Gosh i don’t think my Amsterdam and Berlin travel combined would even add up to that.

implanted_microchip
05-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Gosh i don’t think my Amsterdam and Berlin travel combined would even add up to that.
Yeah I’m not thrilled about it or proud of the fact that I’m spending that much on it but I continue to be Trent Reznor’s property and I feel like another Florida date is years away, plus this is the only expensive hobby I have.

ManBurning
05-06-2018, 01:50 AM

Wow, if you think that's a lot then you'd have a heart attack at the price of my trip to London/Paris this June. So far it's at $2090 and still have to buy a train ticket from London to Paris to add to that.

icklekitty
05-06-2018, 07:10 AM
Wow, if you think that's a lot then you'd have a heart attack at the price of my trip to London/Paris this June. So far it's at $2090 and still have to buy a train ticket from London to Paris to add to that.

we are comparing a domestic flight with a longer international flight. Obviously a long transatlantic holiday costs more.

WorzelG
05-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Unless you’re desperate to go on the Eurostar I’d make sure I compared flights as well, they might be cheaper

witte
05-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Unless you’re desperate to go on the Eurostar....
‘desperate’?
I consciously chose for the Eurostar, to make these trips Home - London - Paris more relaxed.
I’m getting tired of all these stressful airports and airplane price fighters.
I’ll drive to Brussels, taking the Eurostar to London, leave the train there walking a few yards to my hotel. The same monday for the trip to Paris...
I also will take the train to Berlin. Let’s see if it’ll be a good experience. :)

lowlight10
05-06-2018, 09:26 AM
‘desperate’?
I consciously chose for the Eurostar, to make these trips Home - London - Paris more relaxed.

Love traveling by train in Europe. I'll take it any day over a flight or driving.

icklekitty
05-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Yup. Although if you’re delaying to actually book the Eurostar you can’t get mad if the prices go up...

WorzelG
05-06-2018, 02:11 PM
‘desperate’?
I’m getting tired of all these stressful airports and airplane price fighters.
I’ll drive to Brussels, taking the Eurostar to London, leave the train there walking a few yards to my hotel. The same monday for the trip to Paris...
I also will take the train to Berlin. Let’s see if it’ll be a good experience. :)

All else being equal, yes I'd rather go by train too. I'm spoilt when it comes to airports though as Cardiff airport is the most stress free airport I've ever been to given there's hardly ever anyone there!

ManBurning
05-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Unless you’re desperate to go on the Eurostar I’d make sure I compared flights as well, they might be cheaper

Yeah, I did compare with flights, but we're going to be taking 4 flights (at 5 different airports) in the span of 13 days, so we decided we wanted to skip another big security check and airport kerfuffle between London/Paris. Plus, first time in Europe, would be nice to travel by train and just relax and look at the scenery. All that and the train station let's us off a 10 min walk to our hotel, which is then another 10 min walk to where NIN is playing. So, it kind of works out.

@icklekitty (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=47) - Regarding prices going up, yeah - I've been watching them climb over the last little while. I put all of my expenses and all of my girlfriends on my credit card, so we've been slowing trying to pay it off before adding more to it. Still need to buy the Eurostar trips (which we will probably do by the end of this week) and then we need to still get some hotels at a place we are stopping off in Canada on the way home. Yay! more expenses to add to the pile.

All that and old Trenty is about to drop a bunch more NA dates this week for the fall.... Fuck my life, lol.
I'm going to try and limit myself to just a couple close shows for the fall tour. I know for a fact there won't be any Vancouver at all. If I had to guess, they city's will be similar to the [With_Teeth] North American club tour of spring 2005, when they did back to back nights in most markets.

bryan_NIN65
05-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Random thinking for a while about A Riot Fest after show at a club in Chicago the weekend before River City Rock Fest. They could hit Misouri on the way to Texas then Memphis on the way to Kentucky and then keep heading to the East coast and back for Boston and the others head back north west and then give the westerners a chance. Tour plotted,lol

lowlight10
05-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Random thinking for a while about A Riot Fest after show at a club in Chicago the weekend before River City Rock Fest. They could hit Misouri on the way to Texas then Memphis on the way to Kentucky and then keep heading to the East coast and back for Boston and the others head back north west and then give the westerners a chance. Tour plotted,lol

Riot Fest two years in a row would be odd...and disappointing.

bryan_NIN65
05-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Riot Fest two years in a row would be odd...and disappointing.

NOT the fest one of the after shows. You can go to the after shows with out going to the fest.

lowlight10
05-06-2018, 10:19 PM
NOT the fest one of the after shows. You can go to the after shows with out going to the fest.

Huh? It's the bands that play the fest that then do aftershows as well. I know the aftershows have separate tickets, but it's the fest bands that do aftershows.

suprefan
05-09-2018, 01:08 AM
Can't wait for the forum to devolve into sheer insanity....... ;)

somewhat_
05-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Can't wait for the forum to devolve into sheer insanity....... ;)

I’m anxiously waiting.... and hoping tomorrow is the day

sonic_discord
05-09-2018, 09:41 AM
No one should expect shit until the week of the first show (in my opinion). You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

implanted_microchip
05-09-2018, 10:12 AM
So what should I realistically expect to pay if it ends up being a club tour and I have to buy resale? Part of me has to believe it’d be less than the Wave Goodbye run since these aren’t a “final run” type deal but then again scalpers are fucking insane these days.

Nellyrific
05-09-2018, 11:57 AM
So what should I realistically expect to pay if it ends up being a club tour and I have to buy resale? Part of me has to believe it’d be less than the Wave Goodbye run since these aren’t a “final run” type deal but then again scalpers are fucking insane these days.

This could really depend on where you live but I can’t imagine them being more than double the face value. Were there scalpers for the Wave Goodbye shows? We picked up our tickets at the venue I can’t imagine how they even did that (though I’m sure they’d find a way).

roolfdriht
05-09-2018, 12:43 PM
This could really depend on where you live but I can’t imagine them being more than double the face value. Were there scalpers for the Wave Goodbye shows? We picked up our tickets at the venue I can’t imagine how they even did that (though I’m sure they’d find a way).

Unless you limit ticket purchases to one per person, will call only, there will always be an opportunity for scalpers. Scalper buys two tickets, buyer pays markup on two tickets, and scalper escorts buyer into the venue before turning around and leaving a few minutes later.

Nellyrific
05-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Unless you limit ticket purchases to one per person, will call only, there will always be an opportunity for scalpers. Scalper buys two tickets, buyer pays markup on two tickets, and scalper escorts buyer into the venue before turning around and leaving a few minutes later.

The Wave Goodbye shows were will call only, and they gave you a wristband right away. I thought for sure that was the best way to beat them but apparently there’s always a way 🤦🏻♀️

lowlight10
05-09-2018, 12:54 PM
The Wave Goodbye shows were will call only, and they gave you a wristband right away. I thought for sure that was the best way to beat them but apparently there’s always a way 🤦🏻♀️

There is, but at least this makes it less attractive for scalpers (they con only flip one ticket max and have to sell it for double to break even). I've seen some high-demand shows recently that require BOTH names at the time of purchase. That would be great.

roolfdriht
05-09-2018, 01:04 PM
There is, but at least this makes it less attractive for scalpers (they con only flip one ticket max and have to sell it for double to break even). I've seen some high-demand shows recently that require BOTH names at the time of purchase. That would be great.

Cue scalpers offering a fake ID to match the ticket that's not in their name...