Nirvana
David Bowie
Lou Reed
Audioslave
Smashing Pumpkins (original lineup)
RHCP with Navarro

botley
06-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Richard Wright, when he was touring in David Gilmour's solo band. That's it, really.

Krazy
06-17-2017, 10:24 AM
The "classic" Pink Floyd lineup of the 70's. Too young though so that ones out of my hands. Nirvana's up there but don't know if it's really a "regret" since I don't remember them coming near me during my teen years. Prince would've been cool.

I should still see KISS, even if it's only for nostalgia reasons. Had plenty of chances.

Also should see Rush if given the chance.

kel
06-17-2017, 10:42 AM
michael jackson
george michael
prince
tlc
the supremes
stone temple pilots
donna summer
g.g. allin

nowimnothing
06-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Genesis (from Invisible Touch era - so perhaps 1985?)

Pink Floyd (line up with David Gilmour).

Foetus (back in the 80's era)

Alice Cooper (also 80's era)

Peter Gabriel (90's era until now)

The Doors (just to see Jimbo in the flesh).

I am sure I will come up with more, but it is 2am here and I need some shut eye.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay
06-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Pink Floyd (70's lineup)
Led Zeppelin (70's)
George Harrison
John Lennon

GulDukat
06-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Fuck, how could I forget Frank Sinatra? Could have seen him in 1990.

dlb
06-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Jimi Hendrix
NIN '94 line-up and fragility
Screaming Trees
Soundgarden
David Bowie
Velvet Revolver
Leonhard Cohen (a friend of mine is a huge fan and we planned on seeing him one day. Very sad...)
Despite Hendrix for some reason I have no desire to re-live a legendary band artist from way before my time. Getting them to know as legends somehow makes me appreciate some of them more.

GulDukat
06-17-2017, 12:22 PM
If we are adding bands that were active before you were born:

The Doors
The Beatles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Jimi Hendrix and the band of Gypsys
Led Zeppelin
Dean Martin, circa the mid 1960's

Krazy
06-17-2017, 12:50 PM
g.g. allin
https://media.tenor.com/images/f037c084df4b23f81449af5ae6ef1c05/tenor.gif

perceptionnexus
06-17-2017, 01:28 PM
I'll just go with bands I could have seen from age 13 on up:

Type O Negative
Fugazi
Jesus Lizard
Original PWEI lineup
White Zombie

The biggest one though.............The 95 Outside Tour. Bowie, TDS-era NIN, and Prick in one package, still eats at me that I missed out.

thevoid99
06-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Nirvana
Pink Floyd (Gilmour era)
David Bowie
Slayer (classic line-up)
Metallica (when they had Jason Newstead)

Swykk
06-17-2017, 05:37 PM
David Bowie
Talking Heads

Exocet
06-17-2017, 06:21 PM
So many of my favourite bands that i missed because i was too young have reformed but the ones i missed and know i will never see are

Cocteau Twins
Nirvana
Coil
The Minutemen
Stone Temple Pilots
The Smiths
Crass
Love
Ramones
Joy Division
Spacemen 3
Talking Heads
Brainiac
Husker Du
Beat Happening
The Clash
Fugazi
Jeff Buckley
Elastica
Velvet Underground

kel
06-17-2017, 07:25 PM
i forgot elastica!

adding: le tigre

aggroculture
06-17-2017, 08:05 PM
In high school a friend and I had a plan to go to Rome to see Nirvana. We didn't go. It would be their last show.

tony_crisp
06-17-2017, 09:29 PM
steely dan
cheap trick
zz top

sonic_discord
06-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Smashing Pumpkins' original line-up (I did see them on the Oceania tour in 2012 and the Plainsong tour in 2015)
Rage Against the Machine
NIN - Wave Goodbye tour

kel
06-17-2017, 10:04 PM
suicide

henryeatscereal
06-17-2017, 11:23 PM
- The Ramones (they actually gave a show on their last tour in my hometown but i was too young to go to a concert alone)
- Rage Against the Machine (i was low on money, but i didn't try hard...)
- Type O Negative (opener act only time they played here, but i regret missing them)
- Monster Magnet
- The Sisters of Mercy
- Bowie (first and last time he came here, i was too young)

Jinsai
06-18-2017, 12:04 AM
- The Ramones (they actually gave a show on their last tour in my hometown but i was too young to go to a concert alone)
- Rage Against the Machine (i was low on money, but i didn't try hard...)
- Type O Negative (opener act only time they played here, but i regret missing them)
- Monster Magnet
- The Sisters of Mercy
- Bowie (first and last time he came here, i was too young)

I saw these bands except The Ramones, and the biggest miss there is Bowie. He was an incredible showman.

I was incredibly excited to see Sisters of Mercy, but was completely bored by their live show. Type O and Monster Magnet were good, but they wouldn't be among the more memorable acts I've seen. Rage, well, there's still a chance right? I don't get why they don't just reunite, since right now seems like the most appropriate time to get politically pissed.

For me, bands that I had the opportunity to see and wanted to go, but for one reason or another I didn't... COIL, Leonard Cohen, Nirvana, Unwound (still a chance there, though, possibly?), Smashing Pumpkins pre-WTF era, Suicide, Fugazi, Prick, Prince, Lou Reed (I was completely sold on Coachella that year for him... and then he pulled out suddenly... ), Throbbing Gristle, Joni Mitchell...

Thinking about great shows I saw from artists who committed suicide is something that gets to me, and fucks with the memory. I am glad I saw Sparklehorse, Elliot Smith, Soundgarden... it's hard to separate for me that someone who could command a room and elicit that sort of emotional experience live in front of me could have given up. The tragedy there overshadows almost everything.

Shadaloo
06-18-2017, 01:46 AM
Bowie
Prince
The Smashing Pumpkins *cough*
Bauhaus
Type O Negative
Ministry circa late 90's to 2004
Siouxie And The Banshees
KMFDM pre-2000

armogi
06-18-2017, 02:58 AM
Nirvana.

Substance242
06-18-2017, 03:48 AM
Shalom (local band) :-)

elevenism
06-18-2017, 04:44 AM
Bowie, and I could have fucking gone

GulDukat
06-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Wish I could have seen AIC with Layne. I do like the DuVall-era and think he's done an incredible job, done the impossible, in fact, but I do wish I could have seen them back in the day, with Layne and Starr.

henryeatscereal
06-18-2017, 05:42 PM
I saw these bands except The Ramones, and the biggest miss there is Bowie. He was an incredible showman.

I was incredibly excited to see Sisters of Mercy, but was completely bored by their live show. Type O and Monster Magnet were good, but they wouldn't be among the more memorable acts I've seen. Rage, well, there's still a chance right? I don't get why they don't just reunite, since right now seems like the most appropriate time to get politically pissed.

There's always a chance to see Sisters of Mercy; i didn't know their show was boring, i really love their music, so i would go anyway.
Forgot to mention that the R.A.T.M. show i missed was the one they recorded for the "Battle of Mexico City" DVD.
There's always a chance, and i think this "Prophets of Rage" thing is going to end soon; it's up to Zach.

I did my list before i went to bed so i forgot more names:

- Alice in Chains with Layne (i did watch them with DuVall)
- Soundgarden (I saw Cornell with Audioslave, never with SG)
- White Zombie (Not Rob Zombie solo)
- Danzig (Pre-"Blackacidevil era)
- KYUSS (Original lineup)
- Nirvana
- Nine Inch Nails (I've seen them 4 times, but i would have loved to watch them during the "Self Destruction Tour"; my favorite era...)

Krazy
06-18-2017, 06:35 PM
White Zombie

- White Zombie (Not Rob Zombie solo)

Good call, +3 on White Zombie.

allegro
06-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Richard Wright, when he was touring in David Gilmour's solo band. That's it, really.

We saw this, it was pretty good (although Gilmour's "On an Island" stuff was kinda coma-inducing).

elevenism
06-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Wish I could have seen AIC with Layne. I do like the DuVall-era and think he's done an incredible job, done the impossible, in fact, but I do wish I could have seen them back in the day, with Layne and Starr.
I had tickets to see AIC open for Metallica in dallas in 94, but AIC didn't show up and we got Candlebox instead.
Ugh.
Candlebox is a mediocre band at best, and that dude's self righteous lyrics make me actively dislike them.
And in other cities, AIC was replaced with Danzig and Fight instead of Candlebox, which was not AIC, but a hell of a lot better than Candlebox.

and then, just a few weeks later Nirvana was scheduled to play Dallas (at lolla 94, but they also cancelled due to Kurt's "poor health."
That summer really pissed me off. I was supposed to see both AIC and Nirvana and BOTH cancelled.

GulDukat
06-18-2017, 07:52 PM
I had tickets to see AIC open for Metallica in dallas in 94, but AIC didn't show up and we got Candlebox instead.
Ugh.
Candlebox is a mediocre band at best, and that dude's self righteous lyrics make me actively dislike them.
And then, to top it off, i thought i was gonna get to see AIC instead.
This makes me fucking HATE Candlebox.
Also, other cities got Danzig and Fight instead of Candlebox, which was not AIC, but a hell of a lot better than Candlebox.I saw that tour. We got Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig. Candlebox seems like an odd fit for Metallica. First album is pretty good.

botley
06-18-2017, 07:55 PM
We saw this, it was pretty good (although Gilmour's "On an Island" stuff was kinda coma-inducing).
I'm no big fan of that album either, that's why I skipped the tour when it came to town (plus I was very poor, the tickets seemed staggeringly expensive to me as a first-year undergrad) — but they played "Echoes", and at least once every few months I think about how awesome that would have been to see.

elevenism
06-18-2017, 07:57 PM
I saw that tour. We got Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig. Candlebox seems like an odd fit for Metallica. First album is pretty good.

Ha, you quoted my post while i was editing it.
Candlebox got booed opening for Metallica.
I don't appreciate the "put your drugs in my face and i'll put you in your place" talk. That's what i can't stand about that band. To me it's self righteous bullshit.

That SAME FUCKING YEAR, i went to see Rush. Lots of cities got Eric Johnson and Primus as opening acts.
Guess who we got in dallas?

Fucking Candlebox.

TheRealNs1
06-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Prince did 21 days at the Forum and I said "next time".

Daft Punk was playing Coachella and I left early.

elevenism
06-18-2017, 08:03 PM
i will never forgive myself for missing Bowie, NIN and Prick; i was boycotting NIN at the time because i thought they had "sold out" by releasing Closer as a single and getting popular.

eversonpoe
06-18-2017, 09:20 PM
i'm REALLY LUCKY i got to see throbbing gristle in 2009, because i never thought i would have been able to do so. but there are many bands/acts i missed for various reasons (whether they broke up/died before i would have had the opportunity, or i simply missed shows) that make me sad to think about on a regular basis.

- ISIS (had tickets, got sick, didn't know the band was breaking up)
- david bowie (could have gone to the Reality tour, my mom offered to buy me a ticket, i was lukewarm on the album so i didn't go)
- joy division (wasn't born yet)
- COIL (got into them heavily in 2004, just in time for john balance to die)
- mouth of the architect
- telefon tel aviv (before charlie died)
- the black queen (couldn't afford coldwaves last year)
- brand new (hadn't gotten into them yet when i saw thrice open for them and left before they played; they were touring on "the devil & god...")
- friendly fires
- medieval baebes
- oingo boingo
- rachel's
- porcupine tree
- shadowfax
- saul williams
- black light burns

elevenism
06-18-2017, 09:44 PM
i will never forgive myself for missing Bowie, NIN and Prick; i was boycotting NIN at the time because i thought they had "sold out" by releasing Closer as a single and getting popular. @eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) if anything ever deserved a facepalm, it's this.
It my defense, i was 15.
But yeah man, i've regretted this for the past 22 years:(
I figured i'd just catch Bowie next time, but that was the last show he ever played in dallas.

Deadpool
06-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Could have tried for tickets to see Prince at Madison Square Garden in college. Roughly "Planet Earth" era. I'm a fool!

also:
Audioslave
Velvet Revolver

I'm slightly more at peace with the last 2 because when they were active, I would have needed a car, parent's permission, etc.

Very lucky to say Bowie was my first concert, and coincidentally, his last US show (PNC in Holmdel, NJ).

elevenism
06-19-2017, 12:11 AM
I still haven't seen the Breeders even though they are one of my favorite acts and I've had like a dozen chances. Most of that happened during my drinking days though, and it's probably better that I wasn't out in public

acrid avid jam shred
06-19-2017, 04:26 AM
Chris Cornell, at least I got the chance to see Soundgarden.

bobbie solo
06-21-2017, 04:15 PM
I still haven't seen the Breeders even though they are one of my favorite acts and I've had like a dozen chances.

This is exactly the same problem I've had. So maddening.

henryeatscereal
06-22-2017, 08:41 AM
More artists i regret i missed:

- Prince
- Johnny Cash
- The Smiths
- Joy Division (obviously it was kind of impossible...)
- The Misfits (early years)
- Black Flag
- Rollins Band
- Blind Melon

tony.parente
06-22-2017, 10:13 AM
- brand new (hadn't gotten into them yet when i saw thrice open for them and left before they played; they were touring on "the devil & god...")

You fucked up.
Oh my god you fucked up.

Ironically I was falling asleep during Thrices set and just waiting for Brand New to come on during that tour lol

eversonpoe
06-22-2017, 10:35 AM
You fucked up.
Oh my god you fucked up.

Ironically I was falling asleep during Thrices set and just waiting for Brand New to come on during that tour lol

i had seen thrice play as headliners earlier that year (i think), they were touring on the alchemy index, and they were INCREDIBLE. people were singing along beautifully and they had so much energy.

but, yeah, as support for brand new, they were a bit lackluster? idunno.

SM Rollinger
06-22-2017, 10:49 AM
I missed alot of shows from 2007 thru 2012, alot of my life actually.

GulDukat
06-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Wish I had seen Spinal Tap on their Shark Sandwich tour.

virushopper
06-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Oasis. It was 2008 and with the LITS tour in full swing, I had a choice. See Oasis or see the last LITS show.

Well I went to see NIN thinking I would catch Oasis at another time. The following summer they broke up.

Deepvoid
06-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Rage Against The Machine without a doubt.

GulDukat
06-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Rage Against The Machine without a doubt.Yeah, but at least there is a chance you will be able to see them. Audioslave performed for the last time.

Patrick_Nicholas
06-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Agalloch. thanks to my own stupidity. I was in London in 2012, and just barely had enough money to buy a ticket. I was relieved for a second that I paid less than what the price was supposed to be, until it turned out I was sold the wrong ticket. All I did was ask "Are you sure?" once, and then walk away. I worried for a couple of months, especially after the show sold out, but I still somehow thought I could just give my word that I meant to buy an Agalloch ticket. When my word turned out to be not enough, surprise surprise, I ran the fuck away. Even worse is that I had lost my house keys the day I bought the ticket, and thought that buying the ticket made up for it, leaving me to rely solely on the backup key for the next two years before moving into Central London. Agalloch broke up four years later.

henryeatscereal
06-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Wish I had seen Spinal Tap on their Shark Sandwich tour.
I like the "Intravenus De Milo" era much better...

quietime
06-22-2017, 02:04 PM
If I had the time I could probably come up with a whole list of bands/artist. But off the top of my head I'd say

The Cramps
Pantera
The Misfits (Danzig, Only, Doyle)

bobbie solo
06-22-2017, 02:24 PM
- Nirvana
- White Lion, oddly enough. Vito was a guitar wizard
- Biggie
- 80's Cro-Mags
- 80's Bad Brains (i mean...LOOK AT H.R. HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pUlNfdnsAM
- Michael Jackson
- Kool G Rap in his heyday
- Big Daddy Kane in his heyday
- Breeders
- OG Smashing Pumpkins
- Misfits (could change as they aren't necessarily done doing shows)
- Rollins era Black Flag
- Hendrix of course

Boots
06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
I regret not seeing Jack White. I have every single album he ever made on his own and with all his bands. He just never seems to tour anywhere near my city. Seeing him is still on my bucket list. I also regret not seeing David Bowie, Nirvana and RHCP with John Frusciante.

kel
06-22-2017, 10:24 PM
I regret not seeing Jack White.
same. a few years ago when he was doing those short notice shows at tiny venues, i stood outside the egyptian theater in boise and was only 10 or 20 people too late. sucked.

Lerxto
06-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Prince & The Revolution.

Patrick_Nicholas
06-23-2017, 11:15 AM
GWAR, during my high school era, thanks to the death of Dave Brockie in 2014.

bobbie solo
06-24-2017, 02:34 PM
I regret not seeing Jack White. I have every single album he ever made on his own and with all his bands. He just never seems to tour anywhere near my city. Seeing him is still on my bucket list. I also regret not seeing David Bowie, Nirvana and RHCP with John Frusciante.

The Raconteurs were one of the tightest bands I've ever seen. All top notch musicians doing their thing up there, and Jack singing/playing the strongest material he was a part of across all his bands imo.

PhoenixML
11-28-2017, 09:45 AM
- Pink Floyd in 1994. But I was 8 and never heard their songs yet
- NIN and APC in 2000, but I was 14 and didn't like them yet. I have now seen them both since.
- Travis in 2001, I really wasn't going to shows yet, not before 18.

Bands I still need to see:
- City and Colour (I kinda saw them at Osheaga, but it's crap to see mellow bands in that festival)
- Yoav
- Archive (if they ever come to North America)
- How to Destroy Angels (if that's possible)
- Puscifer (they came last year for the first time in QC, but I just had a new baby and it would have been roadtrip, for a festival, kinda overkill for one band)

icklekitty
11-28-2017, 11:03 AM
David Bowie, Prince, George Michael.

Would have needed to be born earlier: Joy Division, Soft Cell (Marc Almond still performs but it's not the same)

cahernandez
11-28-2017, 11:27 AM
BEASTIE BOYS :( Had a ticket to see them in Monterrey, Mexico, in 2005, but the show was cancelled because of illness of one of the band members, the show was not postponed. Sadly Adam Yauch passed years after, and so it is now impossible to see them live.

botley
11-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Richard Wright (when he was in David Gilmour's band). They played "Echoes" together pretty much every night in 2006, which is my favourite song, and I missed the shows at Massey Hall because I was broke. That's it, really.

thenorthwood
11-28-2017, 11:54 PM

same. a few years ago when he was doing those short notice shows at tiny venues, i stood outside the egyptian theater in boise and was only 10 or 20 people too late. sucked.

He’s an excellent performer. I’ve seen him solo, with The Ranconteurs and several times with The White Stripes.

Nirvana
Hole
Alice in Chains with Layne Staley
Bikini Kill
Stone Temple Pilots with Scott (died 1 week before a show I had tickets to)

Someday I’d like to see Dead Can Dance and Bjork.

eversonpoe
11-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Someday I’d like to see Dead Can Dance and Bjork.

saw DCD at millennium park in chicago a few summers ago and, despite being fairly far back, it was an incredible show.