Looks like Quake might be getting a release soon:
https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp

R37R0
06-05-2017, 02:43 PM
NICE! that looks like the next vinyl purchase

sheepdean
06-05-2017, 02:49 PM
FUCK YES I JUST CAME

That's going to be the first release ever of the OST (no, ripping it from the game disc doesn't count) so if you pricks buy it all before I can order one I will kill something

Shadaloo
06-05-2017, 02:50 PM
es fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck y(repeated ad nauseam)

Lerxto
06-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Finally, after all these years the official title of the tracks will be confirmed!

TheBang
06-05-2017, 07:38 PM
(no, ripping it from the game disc doesn't count)
Why doesn't that count? It's straight-up CD-DA data.

Wolfkiller
06-06-2017, 12:06 AM
So hard right now

Ryan
06-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Well that came out of nowhere!

I wonder if it comes with a download of the game.

reznovka
06-06-2017, 10:49 AM
I hope there'll be more then 10 vinyls available...hate the limited print bullshit...I really want that!

Shadaloo
06-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Finally, after all these years the official title of the tracks will be confirmed!

Watch it be

1. Quake Theme
2. Quake 02
3. Quake 03
4. Quake 04
5. Quake 05
6. Quake 06
7. Quake 07
8. Quake 08
9. Quake 09
10. Quake 10

Volk
06-06-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty excited about this one. I spent so many hours playing this game online, and I still have the game CD somewhere around here. Will be nice to have a "new" format.

Avarik
06-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Why doesn't that count? It's straight-up CD-DA data.

The quality is there yeah, but I see what he means by it not being an official release.

sheepdean
06-06-2017, 07:16 PM
I hope there'll be more then 10 vinyls available...hate the limited print bullshit...I really want that!
Per his mission statement, nothing is limited anymore

Watch it be

1. Quake Theme
2. Quake 02
3. Quake 03
4. Quake 04
5. Quake 05
6. Quake 06
7. Quake 07
8. Quake 08
9. Quake 09
10. Quake 10
I'd be fine with that, I just want closure

eversonpoe
06-06-2017, 11:00 PM
I'd be fine with that, I just want closure

Closure ;) - https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/3ts00n/closure_dvd_torrent/
(https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/3ts00n/closure_dvd_torrent/)

jmtd
06-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I hereby insist that I am the most excited person for Quake OST release. So there.

So much so that I'll point out this thread is in the wrong sub-forum and might be redundant because we already have a Quake (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/504-Quake) thread.

The quality is there yeah, but I see what he means by it not being an official release.

For some reason the game CD audio was mastered with pre-emphasis applied, which is very rare for CDs and lots of CD players and extractor software didn't know how to handle it (nowadays I think they mostly do). Therefore *lots* of the rips out there are not correctly de-emphasised. The mastering on this re-issue can/should/finally be considered canonical.

perterje
06-07-2017, 10:48 AM
...I'll point out this thread is in the wrong sub-forum and might be redundant because we already have a Quake (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/504-Quake) thread.Nah, Atticus didn't contribute to Quake, did he? :p

Shadaloo
06-07-2017, 12:53 PM
At last, a decade of meaning to go track down my own copy of the game just to say it's in my NIN collection is rendered a priority I never have to worry about again.

Guarantee I'll stumble across a discarded copy somewhere now.

tony.parente
06-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Per his mission statement, nothing is limited anymore

I mean, on the deviations page:

ONE TIME PRESSING, WHEN IT’S GONE IT’S GONE.

jmtd
06-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Nah, Atticus didn't contribute to Quake, did he? :p

No, that's true, but it equally was not credited to NIN.

botley
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
It was. Both sound effects and music were credited to TR + NIN (which at that time additionally consisted of Vrenna, Clouser, and Lohner). American McGee also did the game's sound design... and possibly Keith Hillebrandt contributed in some way? Don't remember if he was in the Nothing Studios picture yet... probably not until 1997 after Vrenna left, now that I think about it.

jmtd
06-08-2017, 04:34 AM
Splitting hairs, but you are right for at least the sound effects. The music credits are only to TR. Whether or not other members of NIN and associated personnel contributed materially to the music or not is a separate question to who got the credit, specifically. From the game manual (I still have the box, manual CD and jewel case from the original Q1 release):

Credits
SOUND EFFECTS

Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails

Music Credits

Titles of Songs or Themes (C) 1996 TVT

/Interscope Records. All Rights Reserved.

Written by Trent Reznor (C) 1996 Leaving H

ope/TVT Music. ASCAP All Rights Reserved.

Jon
06-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Technically, I'd say you're both right. They consolidated the credits in later editions (no further details inside manual):

http://i66.tinypic.com/66mer7.jpg

botley
06-10-2017, 02:10 PM
^^ That's the version I've always had, too. "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails for sound effects and music".

It's possible they removed the solo composition credit to avoid pissing off Vrenna even further (he left the band anyway and did his own video game scores pretty soon after this). Probably John Malm's fault...

I wonder if the credits will be revised or expanded in any way for this release?

BenAkenobi
06-11-2017, 04:52 AM
How do you guys think they'll deal with the length of the soundtrack?
It's almost 60 minutes long on game CD, which is less than optimal for a single vinyl. Maybe some longer tracks would be trimmed or even skipped altogether?

sheepdean
06-11-2017, 05:09 AM
How do you guys think they'll deal with the length of the soundtrack?
It's almost 60 minutes long on game CD, which is less than optimal for a single vinyl. Maybe some longer tracks would be trimmed or even skipped altogether?
It may not actually be one LP and the name is just a placeholder. If it is, I hope we don't lose anything but compression is bad too :/

botley
06-11-2017, 09:35 AM
It'll definitely be a double LP, mark my words.

jmtd
06-11-2017, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the credits will be revised or expanded in any way for this release?

I'm hoping we'll get clear credits, as that's much more traditional in the music world than the game one.

Twiggy
06-12-2017, 04:28 AM
I think I remember reading something about Twiggy from Marilyn Manson (Jeordie White) helping on the sound affects years ago as well while hanging out with Trent. in an interview or discussion once...

sheepdean
06-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Twiggy
Twiggy

seasonsinthesky
06-12-2017, 08:06 AM
It'll definitely be a double LP, mark my words.

I'd do it like PHM-R, music on three sides. Though the completely blank wax on the last side is a bit bizarre... prime space to etch the Q logo.

Ryan
06-12-2017, 08:50 AM
I'd lol if It Is Raped turns out to be a correct title.

Prettybrokenspiral
06-12-2017, 02:16 PM
If they're issuing Quake on vinyl, I'd imagine Fixed and Further Down The Spiral won't be too far behind..

sheepdean
06-12-2017, 03:46 PM
If they're issuing Quake on vinyl, I'd imagine Fixed and Further Down The Spiral won't be too far behind..
Fixed at least had one once (and isn't hard to get), FDTS and Still are top of the list right now

quietime
06-12-2017, 03:53 PM

I would love if FDTS was issued as a special edition that mixed V1 & V2 together. Or as a Downward Spiral Remixes box set with FDTS, March of the Pigs and Closer to God EPs.

botley
06-12-2017, 05:01 PM
I'd do it like PHM-R, music on three sides. Though the completely blank wax on the last side is a bit bizarre... prime space to etch the Q logo.
Yeah, I recently bought the Y34Z3R0R3M1X3D vinyl with a blank side six, and it feels kinda weird looking at all that empty space, without so much as an etching. If there's a four-sided LP for Quake, it'll fit perfectly: either two or three tracks per side, each side between 13 and 16 minutes.

I've been saying for years that Live: And All That Could Have Been needs a vinyl release. With actually listenable mastering!

Prettybrokenspiral
06-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Fixed at least had one once (and isn't hard to get), FDTS and Still are top of the list right now

I don't think Fixed was ever released on vinyl in the U.S., and fetches top dollar on the open market for a good copy

Still would be amazing as well, but I feel like we'll have to wait awhile for that sort of release..

eversonpoe
06-12-2017, 05:42 PM
I don't think Fixed was ever released on vinyl in the U.S., and fetches top dollar on the open market for a good copy

Still would be amazing as well, but I feel like we'll have to wait awhile for that sort of release..

i got my copy for $50 WITH a slipmat (thanks to someone here on ETS)

there's one even cheaper on discogs right now but it's not in great shape and it's from japan so i'm not sure how much it would be with shipping https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/100537?ev=rb

Prettybrokenspiral
06-12-2017, 05:55 PM
i got my copy for $50 WITH a slipmat (thanks to someone here on ETS)

there's one even cheaper on discogs right now but it's not in great shape and it's from japan so i'm not sure how much it would be with shipping https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/100537?ev=rb

That's what I'm saying: the one on Discogs is like $50+ with shipping and it's only in "good" quality. I wouldn't buy a Nails release under VG+, and I've seen Fixed go for well over $100 in that condition. It's hard pulling the trigger on something that expensive when it's only five songs and I've been listening to it on CD for more than half my life, at this point. I'd rather just hold out for the reissue, or happen upon a bargain from someone trustworthy the way you did.

I'm confident TR will release Fixed and FDTS on LP once this pre-order fiasco is behind them. If we're getting vinyl releases for esoterica like Prick and Quake, anything is possible..

(Though I still have no hope we'll ever see Tension :()

botley
06-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Tension on 3x Blu-ray + 10x LP presentation road case plz

seasonsinthesky
06-12-2017, 08:43 PM
I would love if FDTS was issued as a special edition that mixed V1 & V2 together. Or as a Downward Spiral Remixes box set with FDTS, March of the Pigs and Closer to God EPs.

Totally, although I'd rather FDTS as a double and MOTP+CTG as another double.

Then again, you could probably mix up all the various tracks and make a totally new triple or quadruple LP... hmmm...

botley
06-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Rusty Nails deluxe audiophile remaster

jmtd
06-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Though the completely blank wax on the last side is a bit bizarre... prime space to etch the Q logo.

That is a good idea.

botley
09-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Bump

spahn
09-17-2020, 11:07 AM
All the cool kids are hanging out over here: https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/504-Quake-(1996)

allegate
09-17-2020, 11:09 AM
FUCK YES I JUST CAME

That's going to be the first release ever of the OST (no, ripping it from the game disc doesn't count) so if you pricks buy it all before I can order one I will kill something
that's a, uh, odd bit of gate-keeping.