PDA

View Full Version : Bod Mods - Piercings, Branding, Scarification

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Since there is a tattoo thread, I thought it would be appropriate to have one that covers all of the other fabulous bod mods.

I currently have my septum pierced, my upper lip frenulum (smiley) pierced. Also, my ears are currently gauge 2. I have been meaning to stretch higher, but I keep losing my jewelry (I'm very adamant about cleaning my ears everyday when there is stretching going on, or just in general when jewelry is in).

In the past, I have also had my nostril, lip and nape pierced, as well as various holes in my ears that have since been neglected.

Oh! I've also had a corset piercing done on my back at a play party, using 10 needles (not too bad). Wish I had a clear photo of that. It was a lot of fun!

dominik
12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
i've been thinking about getting a plug a lot lately, but i'm too pussy to do that. (not because of the pain, but because of how it might look)

icklekitty
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I've never seen a corset piercing that's been laced properly. Hope yours was!

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I've never seen a corset piercing that's been laced properly. Hope yours was!

It may or may not have been... It was very spur of the moment, and I don't think we had decent ribbon to use.
We just used the play piercing needles with caps, and didn't follow through with putting any actual rings in.
They were removed shortly after.

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 02:55 PM
i've been thinking about getting a plug a lot lately, but i'm too pussy to do that. (not because of the pain, but because of how it might look)

If you're hesitant about stretching, my advice is to not do it.
I remember my family nagging at me because my ears would never go back to their original size, and I always nagged back, saying they would (I mean, 2 isn't very big!) but yeah, they never did. I think the smallest they shrunk over being empty for 3 years was an 8, and I got back to a 2 within a matter of days with hardly no pain at all.

MAD
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I keep thinking about getting my eyebrow and / or ears pierced. I mean, I would like it, at work everything would be okay, but the more I think about it I realize I got older and there's no real reason I'd do it. I mean, if I want to shock someone, I'd just shave my head. It would be that easy.

Cheers to everyone who did it at the right time though.

dominik
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
i don't even know what you mean with 2 and 8?

i would only do it really small. like, 5 milimeters or something.

jessamineny
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Because I think she's amazing! If you ever get a chance to get pierced by Elayne Angel, do it. She's one of the most experienced piercers working today. She is personally credited with the popularity of the tongue piercing, and created lots of others, including a cool female genital piercing called the Triangle (around and behind the nerve bundle of the clitoris). She lives in Mexico now (used to have her studio in New Orleans), but does trips to guest pierce. Seriously, people have been known to travel internationally to see her.

According to her twitter, upcoming trips are:
Jan. 27-29 at Prix in W. Hollywood.
Feb. 16-17, 2012 at Virtue and Vice, Atlanta
and potential trip to Philly from Apr. 12-16

Go here http://piercingbible.com/ to book an appointment (Events) or read more about her (she has a pretty comprehensive book out, too).

Tea
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I've had a lip piercing twice. The first time I actually had problems because of drooling during sleep (sexy). Second time, I had problems finding a job; two days after taking it out I got two job offers. Still have a little dimple from the thing, and may be tempted to get it back once more since I'm working at a place where our clients will have minimum 3 piercings.

the good days

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 10:47 PM
i don't even know what you mean with 2 and 8?

i would only do it really small. like, 5 milimeters or something.

5mm isn't too big, really.
If you look at jewelry in terms of gauge...

8 gauge is 3.2mm
6 gauge is 4.1mm
4 gauge is 5.1mm
2 gauge is 6.5mm

(:

JessicaSarahS
12-12-2011, 11:27 PM

If you're hesitant about stretching, my advice is to not do it.

Agreed. If you want to see if it looks good on you, you can always try those fake plug earrings: http://extreme-body-jewellery.co.uk/fakepiercing.php

My ears are stretched to 00g and I cannot imagine my ears without them. I don't have any desire to go any larger. I did shrink them back down to a 14g, but missed my plugs and I'm allergic to most metals, so traditional earrings are not for me. I love having the option of wearing glass, stone, wood, silicone, etc. I think you really have to like the look of it, because it's really a big commitment. You have to really care for your earlobes the entire time you're stretching and even after they've healed you have to treat them differently than before. But if you love the way they look after, then it's all worth it. If you don't, then it was all just a pain in the ass...

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I've had a lip piercing twice. The first time I actually had problems because of drooling during sleep (sexy). Second time, I had problems finding a job; two days after taking it out I got two job offers. Still have a little dimple from the thing, and may be tempted to get it back once more since I'm working at a place where our clients will have minimum 3 piercings.

the good days

Cute as a button! That piercing looks really good on you!
My lip ring was in a similar spot, but I wore different jewelry in it off and on.

iamanexit
12-12-2011, 11:55 PM
I keep thinking about getting my eyebrow and / or ears pierced. I mean, I would like it, at work everything would be okay, but the more I think about it I realize I got older and there's no real reason I'd do it. I mean, if I want to shock someone, I'd just shave my head. It would be that easy.

Cheers to everyone who did it at the right time though.

I guess it depends on your intent.
I plan on keeping my piercings well into my older years. I don't really do it to shock people, or anything, though. It's kind of a fashion statement, I guess, but it more than anything just feels natural to me. I guess imagining my face without metal stuck in/hanging from it just seems so... blah. I did start fairly early, though; my 18th birthday gift to myself was a lip ring, and years before that I was slowly stretching my ears, and wearing various pieces of jewelry in various other holes in my ears.

If you care about the shock value, I'd definitely do something less painful/expensive. I wouldn't worry about your age, though. I see plenty of older folks with septum rings and eyebrow studs.

Although, I will add: I do get a certain sick pleasure out of watching my family get all queasy over it... I don't do it for an overall shock factor, and don't do it with the intentions of grossing out my grandma, but it definitely is an added bonus. The smiley piercing was a really great one to show off over Thanksgiving.

Tea
12-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Cute as a button! That piercing looks really good on you!
My lip ring was in a similar spot, but I wore different jewelry in it off and on.

Thanks! I like yours as well. My favorite aspect of body jewelry is adding something asymmetrical to your appearance. Which reminds me I need to get half of my hair chopped off...

iamanexit
12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks! I like yours as well. My favorite aspect of body jewelry is adding something asymmetrical to your appearance. Which reminds me I need to get half of my hair chopped off...

I chopped half off, once!
I like your style, lady.

I eventually pierced the opposite nostril and it felt oddly balanced.
Also, both of my face piercings are currently in the center and it feels a little odd. Maybe I should re-pierce my lip...
I kind of hate the healing process of anything happening inside my mouth, though. This current one is being a bitch about healing and it's driving me insaaannneee.
But I do eat a lot of spicey food and drink a lot of booze & beer, so I really do it to myself.

sick among the pure
12-13-2011, 08:48 AM
I have 2g water buffalo horn tunnels (wanted solid plugs, but couldn't afford them right away) in my lobes, might go up to a 0g but nothing past that. Been playing with the idea of a libret, which I'll think more seriously aout once I start growing a beard. Too much of a baby for branding or scarification, my tattoo was about all I can handle.

dominik
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Agreed. If you want to see if it looks good on you, you can always try those fake plug earrings: http://extreme-body-jewellery.co.uk/fakepiercing.php

My ears are stretched to 00g and I cannot imagine my ears without them. I don't have any desire to go any larger. I did shrink them back down to a 14g, but missed my plugs and I'm allergic to most metals, so traditional earrings are not for me. I love having the option of wearing glass, stone, wood, silicone, etc. I think you really have to like the look of it, because it's really a big commitment. You have to really care for your earlobes the entire time you're stretching and even after they've healed you have to treat them differently than before. But if you love the way they look after, then it's all worth it. If you don't, then it was all just a pain in the ass...

thanks for your input

i didn't expect that you guys think it's such a big deal.. i thought i could try it and if i don't like it the ear laps would go back to their original size anyway.

JessicaSarahS
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
thanks for your input

i didn't expect that you guys think it's such a big deal.. i thought i could try it and if i don't like it the ear laps would go back to their original size anyway.

In the end, it's still your body and you're free to do with it as you please. Give it a go. :)

Hula
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Had both nipples, lip, helix and two microdermals beneath my left eye; I've since removed them all, but I still have the septum piercing I got about a year and a half ago. Kinda got sick of how asymmetric the labret made me, actually, and it was a lot easier to be taken seriously during job interviews without it. I got the microdermals removed because it was either that or wear a plaster over them the whole time I was at work, which wasn't really an option, and they were starting to get irritated anyway.

Kinda miss the thrill of getting pierced. My current obsession is tattoos, but they're so much more expensive and (no duh) you need to really commit to what you're getting. There aren't many places left to get pierced on my body at this point, although I'm tempted to get microdermals elsewhere. Collarbones, maybe, but I'd be worried about them catching on clothes. Anybody have experience with them?

iamanexit
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
thanks for your input

If you stretch to a smaller gauge, they'll shrink most of the way back, but I doubt they would ever completely shrink back.
Also, some people have more elasticity in their ears than other, so you just have to wing it.
(I was going to say "play it by ear"... but yeah, too cheesy.)

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Not much into this kind of stuff, only thing I'd ever get is a tattoo or two (I will sometime soon). I don't mind these types of things, I just know they wouldn't look good on me.

If I ever were to get something done, it'd be a labret.

iamanexit
12-14-2011, 01:37 AM
I think labrets are fine piercings, but never saw them as the thing for me. I had a tiny labret ring in my lip piercing (off to the side) for a bit, but even then, something shiny on the end of a post sicking out of your face is kinda silly, and I found it annoying going between posts that were too long, or too short, and none that were just right.

I think my favorite lip piercing is the one that goes through the actual lip, in the center. Ladies with luscious lips look amazing with these.

Hula
01-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Not the best picture, but I got new microdermals on Thursday.

I'd had two below my left eye for about a year up until October, when I had to take them out for work. It was really only a matter of time before I replaced them with something else.

halloween
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I quite miss my lip piercing...but at the same time, I used to play with it too damn much and it was "time" I suppose.
I DO have my nipples pierced (for the second time....don't ask me how i handled it!) and they are still healing after, mmm...I suppose it's been three or so months? I adore them! The first time I had them done they weren't healing properly and after a year, one started migrating and that's when I took it out. I was not going to let my nipples get all fucked up! Anyways, I really enjoy the increased sensitivity the piercings give me...without them it wasn't much fun for me when my then-boyfriend would play around with the nipples, heh.

isak
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Got a new nose ring the other day. (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432276_288427347883391_100001483858013_775029_1456 797326_n.jpg)

It was totally impulsive and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it now, though the idea of being able to replace it with a flesh coloured one is comforting.

Pillfred
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Had my ear pierced for a while when i was younger but when i cut my hair off it didn't look right anymore. I've been curious to maybe get some other piercings but just never have. Seeing those fake plugs though have me intrigued to maybe try one out and see how it looks as i think those look pretty cool and it seems they can fit with different styles as well.

sukey
01-30-2012, 05:32 PM
@isak - It's cute! I like.

I've only had my ears pierced - helix and lobes - and my belly button, which I took out because it got infected and then it closed up. I really want to get more, but I'm very wary of doing anything on my face (I think they would probably upset my parents more than my tattoos). I would love a lip ring though, and might re-do the belly when I get a bit skinnier. Maybe I should get my tongue pierced. This thread has sent me into a spiral of wanting more piercings now!

sheepdean
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm totally unpunctured, mainly because I can't decide exactly what it is I want. But I love the art and look of pretty much all body modifications

bwary
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
My ears have been 00g for some time. I've always gauged up slowly because I've seen some horrid looking lobes from people just concerned about getting bigger and bigger as fast as they could... and well, they went too fast! The entire time before I was at 00g, I figured that's where I'd stop, but as soon as I was there, I wanted to go bigger. So I've taken a long time considering it and I've decided that I will go bigger. I'll most likely stop under 3/4".
I had both nipples pierced for several years. No interest in having them again.
I have a PA with the original 10g captive bead ring. I'll probably stretch to an 8g. What an awesome piercing experience! Since then, I've been considering getting three dydoe piercings.
I would love to have a septum piercing, but I think it wouldn't have the right look with my face :/ Who know's, I might do it anyway.
Lately, I've been considering getting spider bites with CBRs.
I love the look of piercings and body mods, specially on women!

hellospaceboy
08-30-2012, 09:25 AM
I have my eyebrow and both of my nipples pierced. I got these done over a decade ago (oh my, the eyebrow in high school, holy crap I'm old)...

Most recently I played with the idea of getting my junk pierced, and I even talked to a local piercer about prices and shit, but my wife didn't want me to do it. She said don't fix it if it's not broken, and let's be honest, if she's not into it, than why the hell would I get it anyway?

orestes
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Plus, it takes 6 months to fully heal.

bwary
08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
*up to* And you can use your equipment within days provided you take necessary precautions (typically just a non-lubricated condom). My personal experience was that after my PA piercing, I was ready and wanting to go in under 24 hours, but held off for a week. I was basically healed in about a month and only extremely minor healing during month 2. It took me longer to re-learn aiming techniques so that I wouldn't be spraying pee all over the place than it did to heal :o

elevenism
02-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Looks like no one's been here in awhile. I am really excited about the order i just placed for jewelry...i got like 16 pairs of plugs for me and 3 for my girl.

My ears are 1", which is pretty fucking big i guess, but i can't imagine my ears without them. I stretched them on and off from age 19 to about 29. I'm sure i could fit a little bit bigger jewelry in my ears, but i SWORE i would never go bigger than 1".

I had my septum down to a 6 and my inner conches down to 4, and let me tell you, that was A LOT of fucking pain. and then i went to jail for about 10 days, and they recoiled in horror. i have since read an article that says that stretching your conches can make the structure of your ears collapse, so i wont be stretching them back out. I'm sure i'll get my septum back out 1 day, but i will usually wear a plug in it. It's kind of a personal thing. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the attention i get from my piercings, but a big gauge septum is kinda pushing it...i don't want to induce nausea. These are my favorites of the 16 or so pair i ordered. The way i afforded them was by ordering from a wholesale site and just hit the $100 spending limit. So i got a LOT of stuff that i've seen for $20-$50 for closer to $5-$10 a pair!http://www.everybodyjewelry.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/P/L/PLN012_3.jpg

Sarah K
05-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I've had two (three) that have rejected quickly - my nipples, and a nape piercing. But the nape one I think was because I would always forget it was there while brushing my hair, and I would catch it in the brush.

I've also had my lobes to 00. When I took them out, they shrunk back to normal within a couple of weeks. I've also had my nose and tongue done. I had to take all of these out when I was dating a corporate type, and had to appear presentable at stupid parties and banquets or whatever the fuck.

My vertical labret closed up when I moved to NY and was interviewing for jobs. I was able to shove it back through twice. But then one day I had a 4 hour interview process, and I was unable to get it back through.

Strongly considering getting one this weekend or next. Probably either a septum, or having my vertical labret redone. Kinda nervous about getting something repierced, though. I LOVE the feeling of piercings the first time. But I'm betting that it is fucking awful the second round.

The only thing I currently have is an industrial. That bitch took forever to heal. I will go to my grave with it.

Sarah K
05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
UPDATE

I have an appointment for Saturday.

I love getting stabbed with needles!

DONE

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-0/10366139_10152821812048082_2162286041013144548_n.j pg

elevenism
06-02-2014, 02:41 AM
UPDATE

I have an appointment for Saturday.

I love getting stabbed with needles!

DONE

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-0/10366139_10152821812048082_2162286041013144548_n.j pg

lovely piercing...you are a motherfucking SOLDIER fortaking a septum piercing.

People say it doesnt hurt, but i think they are LYING.

Mine hurt for close to fucking 6 months.

If you want to be even more hardcore, start stretching that motherfucker out.

You look lovely in the picture, btw.

Sarah K
06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
It was actually one of the least painful piercings I've had, and it is basically healed already. Overall, this is by far the easiest one that I've had. It only burned for a couple of days. then one night it hurt when it got caught on my towel after a shower. It was swollen pretty bad for about a week, which was annoying. But it basically feels "normal" now.

For initial piercing pain from worst to least, I would say:

Industrial, nostril(I think he fucked it up, because that should be easy), nipples, vertical labret nape, septum, tongue.

For overall healing from worst to least, I would say:

Industrial, tongue, nostril, vertical labret, septum(Not counting nipples and nape since they rejected/got torn out quickly).

elevenism
06-02-2014, 01:08 PM
It was actually one of the least painful piercings I've had, and it is basically healed already. Overall, this is by far the easiest one that I've had. It only burned for a couple of days. then one night it hurt when it got caught on my towel after a shower. It was swollen pretty bad for about a week, which was annoying. But it basically feels "normal" now.

For initial piercing pain from worst to least, I would say:

Industrial, nostril(I think he fucked it up, because that should be easy), nipples, vertical labret nape, septum, tongue.

For overall healing from worst to least, I would say:

Industrial, tongue, nostril, vertical labret, septum(Not counting nipples and nape since they rejected/got torn out quickly).

that is so crazy. my septum HURT. maybe i got it pierced in the wrong place. The little crusty shit would collect on the jewelry and i would move it around to clean it and ouch.

So you are going hardcore on the piercings? the king of all piercings is the inner conch.
with this piercing, people are amazed that it's real.http://i.imgur.com/zsXvg53.jpg
see that white taper in my ear?

mmmhmmm. get that pierced. if it doesn't hurt, i am going to decide that you aren't human, Sarah K

Sarah K
06-02-2014, 01:30 PM
The boy I moved here for has those done, and stretched out. He also got circles like... cut out at the top of his ear. I don't even know what the fuck you'd call it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m124/skruse1/tumblr_lysxlmOzYb1qb4q41o2_1280_zps2b4c8021.jpg

I don't think I'll get any more ear stuff besides a tragus, and stretching my lobes back out a bit. My industrial took basically a year to heal, and I don't wanna go through that again.

elevenism
06-06-2014, 06:57 PM
The boy I moved here for has those done, and stretched out. He also got circles like... cut out at the top of his ear. I don't even know what the fuck you'd call it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m124/skruse1/tumblr_lysxlmOzYb1qb4q41o2_1280_zps2b4c8021.jpg

I don't think I'll get any more ear stuff besides a tragus, and stretching my lobes back out a bit. My industrial took basically a year to heal, and I don't wanna go through that again.

lovely.
i had my conches out to a 4, but they closed up in a fucking hurry.
i REALLY want my conches big enough for a plug...and a plug in the same spot as your man has in his "circles" cut out...
but not THAT fucking big, lol

Sarah K
06-06-2014, 07:55 PM
He ain't mine anymore.

He also has an arm just tattooed completely black. Haha. He is uhh... different.

Sarah K
04-10-2015, 12:32 AM
I somehow ended up with a nipple piercing tonight.

Also got my nose double pierced in December.

elevenism
04-17-2015, 04:42 PM

uh oh. lolz.

my conches are 2 gauge now. :)

Jon
04-17-2015, 06:12 PM

Hopefully you have better luck than me. I no longer have feeling in either of my nipples, but to be fair they've both been pierced twice.

My wife's left one migrated and she now has a permanently split nipple.

Sarah K
04-18-2015, 12:16 AM
I've had them before, so this was a re-piercing. The first time, they basically started rejecting instantly. I've had this one for a week and a day and have no pain at all. It looks great so far.

I had very little sensation in my nipples before. Now I can actually feel things happening on this one. Like the waiter grazed my boob with a plate last night and I was like OH SHIT I FELT THAT.

elevenism
01-17-2016, 01:06 AM
I have started selling plugs on ebay.

I'm selling them CHEEP!

Check it out. I'm elevenism there too.

Jon
03-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Hopefully you have better luck than me. I no longer have feeling in either of my nipples, but to be fair they've both been pierced twice.

My wife's left one migrated and she now has a permanently split nipple.

Some people never learn. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get my nipples pierced for a third time. I can get a 14g and 16g a third of the way through on either side (two-thirds total), but the center is all scar tissue. My left nipple has some feeling left towards the center, but my right one is completely numb.

My wife used to pierce, and we have some leftover needles (https://www.tatsoul.com/supplies/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=878_396_575&products_id=5050), but I'd rather wait since I'm already kind of messed up.

The wife is back down to 4g plugs in her ears; she was a 00 when we met.

elevenism
03-18-2019, 07:38 AM
Some people never learn. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get my nipples pierced for a third time. I can get a 14g and 16g a third of the way through on either side (two-thirds total), but the center is all scar tissue. My left nipple has some feeling left towards the center, but my right one is completely numb.

My wife used to pierce, and we have some leftover needles (https://www.tatsoul.com/supplies/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=878_396_575&products_id=5050), but I'd rather wait since I'm already kind of messed up.

Ouch.
Good luck.
But I can relate: I said I wouldn't restretch my conches, as I had read that you should NEVER taper them because it can cause your fucking ear to COLLAPSE, and my old piercer told me to only go up like 1 size a YEAR and that it should never need stretching.(THAT crazy fucker, btw, has his NOSTRILS down to 00 and stretched holes in his CHEEKS, but I guess he can do it because it's his career.)
but if you look above, you will see that, when I was locked up, My conches were damn near closed up, and I RAPIDLY stretched them out bigger than they were before. I wanna do one more stretch, because people never fucking notice them! It's maddening. Yes, it's personal, but I went through a LOT of pain stretching them, and I DO want people to at least SEE them. Part of it is that I wear plugs in them, I think. Perhaps I should order some more 2 gauge barbells or hoops, which look pretty fucking crazy.
If I COULD, like, if I knew I was financially set, I would punch them out at around 1/2" . And I may become financially set at some point, so it still might happen.

My homeboy just stretched his septum again: it's 9/16. I've honestly never seen anything quite like it. I told him he should post pictures of that shit everywhere and get internet famous.

I ALSO told him he should maybe let that shit close up a little. Have you ever seen a 1/2"(plus) hoop? It's fucking ridiculous, ESPECIALLY on your fucking FACE. The hoop hangs down over his mouth, and he can only wear it for an hour, because of the pain. Like, when he had it at a 00, it looked bat shit crazy, but cool. THIS shit looks fucking Jim Rose Circus crazy, lololololol. I will ask him if I can link pic.

elevenism
03-18-2019, 07:45 AM
Sorry for double post, but I felt like it was better to do this than make that post much longer.

So, I wanna get my septum repierced, with like a 10, and maybe, stretch it to an 8, but wear a retainer most of the time. It's just nuts how big even a six looks in your septum.
I would link a pic of mine from a few years back, but I don't wanna fuck with it right now. BUt, the septum piercing is special to me. There were like 8 of my old school circle who got that shit done, underage, no less, as teenagers. And some of those people are dead now. I'd like to get it done again, partially because I just like it, but also, as a tribute to my fallen comrades, AND, a tribute to the others, who pulled through and are sober now.

Jon
03-18-2019, 11:32 AM
Ouch.
Good luck.

I got them pierced on Thursday of last week. There is still a little tenderness, but everything is surprisingly clean this time. I was going to get dual barbels (4 piercings total; horizontal and vertical), but I couldn't justify the $220 on-the-spot.

Life goals?

elevenism
03-18-2019, 01:21 PM
I got them pierced on Thursday of last week. There is still a little tenderness, but everything is surprisingly clean this time. I was going to get dual barbels (4 piercings total; horizontal and vertical), but I couldn't justify the $220 on-the-spot.

Life goals?
Hey, why not?
I fucking LOVE piercings. And if it's something you feel compelled to do, ESPECIALLY if it's not about what others will think of it, then, fuck yes, Life Goals.

elevenism
06-05-2021, 12:44 PM
No one has posted here in some years.

I wanted to show you guys my 2 gauge conches.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnEFdHnDj

magnolia
06-05-2021, 05:22 PM
I'm glad to see this thread was revived today, of all days, because I logged in to ETS just to see if there was a thread about piercings.
I scheduled to get my tits pierced next week. I've wanted these for a few years, and I'm SUPER excited and SUPER nervous. I've had lots of different piercings, some that didn't last long, some that lasted years before I took them out, some that are still there. But it's been a few years since I've had any, and I'm always a baby about it.

Anyone else that has had theirs done have any tips for me?

Jon
06-05-2021, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see this thread was revived today, of all days, because I logged in to ETS just to see if there was a thread about piercings.
I scheduled to get my tits pierced next week. I've wanted these for a few years, and I'm SUPER excited and SUPER nervous. I've had lots of different piercings, some that didn't last long, some that lasted years before I took them out, some that are still there. But it's been a few years since I've had any, and I'm always a baby about it.

I've had mine done 3 times now.

The only tip, besides bring an extra shirt/bra just in case, is do exactly what they tell you with the breathing (deep breath and hold). It is very easy to screw up a nipple piercing, so be still! I have no feeling in my right nipple, so that's something else to be aware of that can happen if the person doesn't know what they're doing or you panic.

They'll probably start with 14g capture beads, so maintenance/care should be a breeze. Rotate the ring slightly to aid with cleaning, but don't twist them or do anything crazy for the first couple weeks as you're just damaging more cartilage; remember it's a puncture wound.

I used q-tips and coated them in saline wound wash solution for cleaning, again it's very minimal. The main part is don't let it scab up. Swelling was about 2 weeks, tenderness lasted about a month.

I use clear 12g retainers from Hot Topic because I haven't found a horseshoe or capture bead that I like. Also, I don't have to worry about switching the metal out for work, etc.

Jinsai
06-05-2021, 07:40 PM
every time I see extreme ear piercing stuff it freaks me out... it's a personal phobia. People who have big gauges in their lobes, oh man, I would freak out.

Then again, I have a weird ear-thing. I have a weird thing where I don't like my ears even touched. If you try to give me a wet willy, you might wind up in a hospital. I actually did punch someone in the face when I was a kid about that, screaming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQfzvQFTtEw

elevenism
06-05-2021, 08:28 PM

I can't say anything for nipple piercings, specifically. But, I've got those big conch piercings, and I've had the septum down to 4 gauge, and of course, the one inch lobes.

So my only advice is this: breathe in right before the puncture, and release the breath, slowly, as it happens.

Also, it's great to have a little Vicodin afterwards, but I guess that's pretty hard to come by, these days.

elevenism
06-05-2021, 11:33 PM
Jinsai I guess you'd be horrified of me, irl, because of my ears

Jinsai
06-06-2021, 08:28 AM
it's more the concept of doing it to myself. I don't judge people for piercings or body mod stuff or get bothered by much of it... some really extreme shit I've seen is a bit much (with like wire stitching and some stuff that seems like it's like a cenobite from Hellraiser sorta thing), but it's a free country.