PDA

View Full Version : Neil Gaiman

theimage13
02-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Can we give this guy his own thread? Of course we can. We just did. Why do I keep saying we?

Kid-friendly sort of creepy fiction. Adult-friendly sort of creepy fiction. Unbelievably poignant non-fiction responses to world events. Pianist. Bee keeper.

What can't this guy do?

I'm cautiously optimistic about the multiple TV adaptations he's got coming up. Coraline was a fantastic movie, so I'm inclined to think that he knows what he's doing when it comes to translating his books to other mediums.

Space Suicide
01-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Huge fan, I've been buying up physical copies of his books for awhile now.

My mother got me his artwork related book for Christmas and it is awesome.

https://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9780594694113_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Pillfred
02-11-2019, 04:06 PM
I read Neverwhere not long ago and really liked it. Will need to check out more of his stuff here soon.

eversonpoe
02-14-2019, 09:15 AM
my friend and i have been working on a sandman-inspired EP/album (probably going to end up being a series of EPs, each one based on one or two of the volumes) so he gave me the first volume for my birthday. a week and a half ago, i read it in one sitting in one day, and immediately went to my local comic shop to get volume two. i am loving it, and i have gotten so inspired that i've been working on music and lyrical ideas to bring to him instead of just waiting for him to come up with stuff haha