PDA

View Full Version : Year Zero 2016 Remaster stream/DL

demo
02-02-2017, 03:10 PM
In case people haven't heard (i couldn't find in the search either), on Nov. 8th i had released my full remixed version of Year Zero. I had originally mentioned it in the Reddit post available here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/5brsf7/year_zero_stereo_2016_remaster_and_51_surround/?compact=true
https://youtu.be/T0C_PWhIxfA

Someone tell Trent he doesn't need to rush on that YZ Definitive Edition release. ;)
Enjoy.

patj825
02-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Cool. What did you do to it, exactly?

wizfan
02-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Hey! Here's mine! (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3924-Year-Zero-Fan-Audiophile-Version)

demo
02-02-2017, 05:11 PM
This is borderline a remix of the entire album, but do you really want me to list everything new?
This is a remaster updated for 2016.
This is very different from wizfan's version as i tried to make it as aggressive as necessary.
New intros/outros ....A lot of it is new.
New versions of TGD, ITT, HP!, MVH..
New lives overall.
67min or so.

bobbie solo
02-03-2017, 12:22 AM
I don't think you know what remastered means.

Avarik
02-03-2017, 11:37 AM
I think I'll hold out for Trents official real remaster, thanks

demo
02-03-2017, 12:21 PM
I don't think you know what remastered means.

Lol - remix, reinvention ... Call it what you'd like.

demo
02-03-2017, 12:22 PM

You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by!

BenAkenobi
02-03-2017, 12:32 PM

You wait your turn, you'll be last in line :)

Papagolash
02-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Ohhhh man that breakdown for The Great Destroyer is the fucking tits! Love it!

xolotl
02-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Lol - remix, reinvention ... Call it what you'd like.

To be fair, the word "remaster" does have a pretty specific definition which largely doesn't really apply to what you've done here. You'd probably do well to rename it "Remix" or the like just so folks have a better idea what to expect going in to it. A remaster wouldn't include any new bits or rearrangements, etc.

Regardless, looking forward to giving this a listen no matter what you call it! :) Thanks for putting it together, always like to hear more fan reworks.

Edit: Would be nice to have a tracked version available, rather than the big ol' stream. Any chance of that happening?

demo
02-03-2017, 02:10 PM
To be fair, the word "remaster" does have a pretty specific definition which largely doesn't really apply to what you've done here. You'd probably do well to rename it "Remix" or the like just so folks have a better idea what to expect going in to it. A remaster wouldn't include any new bits or rearrangements, etc.

Regardless, looking forward to giving this a listen no matter what you call it! :) Thanks for putting it together, always like to hear more fan reworks.

Edit: Would be nice to have a tracked version available, rather than the big ol' stream. Any chance of that happening?

Fair enough. Thanks for the input guys; I've changed the descriptions to be a lil more suitable. As you can tell, i was already on the verge of calling it a "remix".
I will admit, it literally started as a remaster and then i just felt bored with "just that".
Thanks!
Answer to your question, not yet.

Ponderance
02-03-2017, 02:58 PM

Hooray for MP3 from youtube downloaders and ability to cut it up ourselves. :D

r_k_f
02-03-2017, 03:30 PM
call it whatever you want because The Great Destroyer remix is awesome...

shagg_187
02-04-2017, 01:09 PM
"Someone tell Trent he doesn't need to rush on that YZ Definitive Edition release. ;)"

I don't concur. This is not a "Remaster", man. Wizfan's version is more "Remaster" than yours. Sorry but there is false information everywhere. It's a remix/reminagination/rearranged. Not a Remaster.

SO yes, TRENT, PLEASE RELEASE THE DEFINITIVE VERSION ALREADY.

Sorry. I would've given it a full listen if it I wasn't lured here under false pretence... Good job remixing it though.

xolotl
02-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Sorry but there is false information everywhere. It's a remix/reminagination/rearranged. Not a Remaster.

Sorry. I would've given it a full listen if it I wasn't lured here under false pretence...
Ah, c'mon, demo's already conceded that point. Let's just be happy that fans are still reworking NIN stuff! The more the merrier, eh?

demo
02-04-2017, 04:57 PM
"Someone tell Trent he doesn't need to rush on that YZ Definitive Edition release. ;)"

I don't concur. This is not a "Remaster", man. Wizfan's version is more "Remaster" than yours. Sorry but there is false information everywhere. It's a remix/reminagination/rearranged. Not a Remaster.

SO yes, TRENT, PLEASE RELEASE THE DEFINITIVE VERSION ALREADY.

Sorry. I would've given it a full listen if it I wasn't lured here under false pretence... Good job remixing it though.

Well, I'm certainly glad you were able to read every description... As well as knowing that once you've initially decided on your thread title, it can't be edited by the originating user.
Or maybe you've just found the right excuse to sound like an asshole? I'm not sure, but regardless of what you care to read or not read, enjoy Year Zero.

demo
02-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Alternate versions to the remixed album were here:
https://soundcloud.com/erik-macedo-2/year-zero-2016-remastered-alt-versions